Speaker 1: You got some new pussy in the you know what that is, or at least what I think it is.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's the American.
Speaker 1: School system, like deep in your like nervous system, you know what I mean, like deep in your fucking membranes. You're like, summertime is for for opportunity, it is for my freedom. And then you get some pussy in the summertime and you go that just hits different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, I might not go back. It's just a difference between coke and Mexican coke. What's see in the summertime is Mexican coke. And you can quote me online, make a T shirt.
Speaker 1: I don't give an put it on his tombstone, none of my achievements.
Speaker 2: It lies.
Speaker 1: The wisest man that ever was pussy in the summer time is Mexican coke.
Speaker 2: Addictive.
Speaker 3: He didn't say that until much later clarified, My chips.
Speaker 2: In your.
Speaker 3: Quality bears are racists.
Speaker 2: The money, our man turkey stuff. I can't tell me. I want to be your man.
Speaker 1: I want to be your man. Yes I do, Yes, I do. There it is there.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another phenomenal episode of my mama told.
Speaker 2: Me podcasts where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 1: We finally work to prove whatever conspiracy theories you already believe in.
Speaker 2: Come on, we are down to clown. We don't give a fuck. Come on, We're just adding another echo to the chamber.
Speaker 1: Come on, we are giving you just a few more pieces of evidence that you can bring up when you're yelling at your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Come on, we just want you to be right after dinner. Base. You don't have a lot, no, but you got this. You don't have no money. That's why all are arguing. If it wasn't so broke, you'd be at peace. Yeah, look at us, we say whatever we want to our girls. That's not true. What have you been thinking lately?
Speaker 1: This is something I have been worrying about quite a bit. Is I'm worried. I've been thinking that BBLS might be a marking of our societal undoing.
Speaker 2: Oh I get that, but wouldn't have it. It would have started with titties. I think they try I titties and do you feel like titties did not catch on in the way that BBLS have.
Speaker 1: I think titties caught. I think the titty technology did not catch on well enough.
Speaker 2: That's what I t t tech is. For a lot of people don't realize it was I titty tech.
Speaker 1: I titty tech going down to eye titty tech when we are improving the titty technology.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why it's in a strip mall. That's where you go to how to put titties and titties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get dermatologists right next door, and then you get something at CBS on the corner.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're saying they tried with titties.
Speaker 1: I think titties we were an attempt, but the titty technology was not strong enough. But I do think that BBL once they figured out, oh we can repurpose the literal like body fat into something functional, it changed everything. And part of what and hear me out, part of what I think it changed was it snatched objectivity away from us.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It no longer is it that you we are all in agreement about what a bad bitch is.
Speaker 2: And that didn't exist when I was a boy, an agreement about what a bad bitch was.
Speaker 1: Yes, when we were kids A lotless time, yeah, I think, but I know I think when we were kids, everybody that that was a bad bitch. We all agreed on it. There was never like nobody was arguing whether or not halle Berry was fine.
Speaker 2: Right, it just was is that Now do you think because of first titties obviously now bbls, it's because of some of these bad bitches, or maybe exists more outside of nature, Like.
Speaker 1: I think, so I think that they're I think they're super bitches, but I also think that like it, then it's creating this thing where it's like, that's a bad bitch. I think, but she works at subway and you know what I mean, it's not it's not working through our fields tration system.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: And then on top of that, there's all this judgment of the quality of the BBL that then makes it more complicated for you to even see them as bad bitches because because it's not the best BBL. But when I was a kid, a fat ass was just a miracle on a miracle.
Speaker 2: It's just what God gave you.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter what shape it was. We were just insane, like her ass.
Speaker 2: Is huge, that's a miracle literally stopping traffic.
Speaker 1: And now we're like it's fat, but it's not good enough for me, right, and it's like, what are you looking for? And that's that's crazy, But it is the way that we've reshaped society and by removing objectivity. If there is no objectivity for bad bitches, there's no objectivity period.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is it really starts with bad bitches. It always starts with bad bitch. They control this song. Damn. That's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't want this to come off as it is their fault that we are in the place that we're in.
Speaker 2: No, it's just how we We're just just where we ended up.
Speaker 1: It's just the programming, it's just where we're end So this isn't shaming bad bitches. I'm a fan, Yeah, I have been for some time. I love your early stuff, but I like the Lake cuts too. Listen, there's never been an era where I tapped out, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There's like Prince. I don't do Prince after some years, not bad bitches.
Speaker 2: To celebrate the whole Dispicago, I had the shit on vinyl. Yeah, transferred the whole collection of MP three and I'll have some new shit in twenty forty five, and I'll upgrade to that too.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be one of them old men still playing bad bitch music in the car.
Speaker 2: It just sounds better. It just sounds better in here. See, y'all don't know nothing about this young blood.
Speaker 1: This is a bad bitch seventy three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough, man. I I it's interesting because it's like, uh yeah, that surgically enhanced? It does? It does seem like I wonder it doesn't end right because the technology only gets better and better? Or does it transfer is come up a lot. Does it transfer into robots where it's like, now you could just make the perfect robot and you don't even have to deal with the person.
Speaker 1: I think that's where it gets scary, right, is that once we reach a point where you can replicate all of these sort of like women of perfect forms, whatever you were, men and men, whatever you decide that is. I don't want to make this some sort of like loose shaming of anything that you know comes in different tastes than flavors. That said, once you can replicate anybody's favorite thing, it becomes less their favorite thing and more of just like this shared well, it's accessible to all of us. And how do you move beyond that robots, and then.
Speaker 2: But then once you're in there, once you are in the place of robots, then you're desire becomes unfiltered, and then it's like, surely madness is next. That's the worry, right, is like we have too much accessibility to all this stuff, right, ultimately used to see we see one bad bitch a month, Yeah, like crazy, Like yeah, and you were in Chicago, Yeah, people in Arkansas, No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gotta ride four miles just to see a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fingers cross as a bad bitch, but very unlikely bad bitch is two times over. Get the chevy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All them boys in the back of pickup trucks ain't all racists.
Speaker 2: Some of them just sometimes they're just horny as hell. That's fair. Yeah, I'm with that, you know, it's it's a worry. I feel like we've talked about, maybe because we've been together for the last two days, that we talked about having sexual robots a lot. It's come up. It's come up, for sure.
Speaker 1: And I guess what's what's so scary Even if you remove the sexuality from it, what's so scary about it is that we all are acknowledging. Everybody I'll talk to acknowledges how scared they are of robots.
Speaker 2: And we're still going forward.
Speaker 1: There's like six people on the planet who are like, fuck, yeah, this is awesome, and then everybody else is like bro. Even the ones that will buy into it are like, it kind of scares me, but it's fun and I think I can pay my way out of whatever. You know, bad thing happens, But everybody scared except six dudes, and we're just like, well, we.
Speaker 2: Can't do anything. Man, God damn suck. Have sex with your partners, guys, not robots.
Speaker 1: On have sex with and leave them bbls. Leave them bbls alone alone. It's Megan Art.
Speaker 2: I ain't tell you what to do it with your body. You want to know, you deserve it. You want to get a crazy, fat ass, go crazy.
Speaker 1: That's That's not something I want to take away from you. I just I just want you to not need that, but if you need it.
Speaker 2: But if you need it, I ain't Hey, all right, you need it, I'll look at you. You need it, I'll look at that, And that's something I'm willing to do for you, bad bitch, if you need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get the bartender when you.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I know, I got it. I'm married, I'm married. Okay, Yeah. Anyway, we didn't come to talk about this.
Speaker 1: You know, this wasn't the plan, but but we do have a voicemail. I'm excited a voicemail. We we debated, is it fair to say we had a little bit of a debate about this one, but ultimately landed.
Speaker 2: This is a voicemail.
Speaker 1: Know, we simply had to share with everyone around us. So so here's what we should do. Maybe we take a break and then we'll play this voicemail. If I were if I were a betting man, I think that's probably fair. We're gonna take a break. When we come back, we're gonna hear this very exciting voicemail. More David Moore Langston More, Ma, Mama.
Speaker 2: Told me back it up on Terry and back it up on us. You think that's what was happening in that clip. Not a fire happen.
Speaker 1: This is their reimagined version of Terry, Terry throwing that thing around.
Speaker 2: Yea, think about close your eyes and not think about it this way.
Speaker 1: That's nice because it's like, oh, dude, before the July.
Speaker 2: Ever that's a good time anyways, places places voicemail. You never got grinding on the fourth of July. That's a good man, that's it. There's like there was a period in my life where if I didn't get grinded on on the fourth of July, I was pissed. That's It's really like getting ass on you in the daytime is so much better it was. There was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were eras in just my youth, of both youth and adulthood, where I was like, nah, this is a fuck holiday.
Speaker 2: It easy though, because it's summertime. Everybody's gonna be drunk by dark. It's just like it's a horny holiday. Oh yeah, it's like everybody celebrates. There's nobody sitting out. Yeah, there's not a lot of you notice, there's not a lot of like there's like losing like white ladies on the internet. We're like, yeah, this is every money his day or whatever. Before the July is really before every Now.
Speaker 1: No, my dad is a full as.
Speaker 2: A full socialist and we never skipped afore the July. Come on, like, it's just a fucking good day. Too good. You can't good? What are you gonna fold your arms on the best day. Come on, we have a we have a holiday in the middle of the summertime. This this rocks. Yeah, and I don't even talk about this rocks, y'all. This fucking rules a man. I can't wait till July. Yeah, that's a great day party. All right, I'm gonna play this. Yeah, we have a voicemail we said, yeah, we said we got caught up in ass on July. All right, all right, we're playing this. Bye bye a little and thank you guys for saying keep calling in. By the way, it's so cool. Voicemails are great. A lot of breathy, get a lot of breathy voicemail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you made the comment, and I don't disagree with you. You said that our fans are drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that are.
Speaker 1: Quite a few of them are calling and they're very obviously drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very funny. It's very funny.
Speaker 1: And they're not like they're not like blackout drunk. This isn't They're not like falling over themselves. But they are like, uh, oh, you should have stopped a few, like a wine or two ago.
Speaker 2: You know what I think is happening. I think our fans are going out because I think our fans are our age. I think a lot of them are in relationships. I think they're going out getting drunk together, and the uber like, no, what, No, I am in a call. Yeah I am going to call. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like on the way home. Yeah, She's like, it's just you're getting a little bit of a debate about something in the car. Yeah. And it's like one of us, t Blangston, one of you. You're like, no, look and I'll ask them. No, I can't ask them ate four or four Little Moms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't even know that they had a voicemail anymore because you didn't listen to the recent episodes. But eight for four Little Moms call and I love that. I think I really think that's why I'm drunk and you're coming hot off an argument. That's the best time to call it. And that's here what that's what we're here to do. Beat your spouse.
Speaker 2: With words, with words. What depends on what you are maybe physically. I'm talking about women. We want women to hit men. Thank god you clarified. I'm not gonna play it now.
Speaker 5: A little freaky okay.
Speaker 2: All right, pause right there. I think wait, a minute, ma'am trying to fuck. I don't know that that's a man.
Speaker 1: I think there's a possibility from what I've heard so far, there's a possibility that's a gay gentleman.
Speaker 2: Oh like you think these coming out either way? They come at you in your DM I yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, a little the way. Leave my man alone. It's enough, it's enough, it's graphic, and it's me. He has a family, it's enough. Shame on you. Listen. I'm not brave enough to stand up for myself, but I'm standing up. You don't need to stand them. Pictures of whatever you got back there? He does you want it? I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm so grateful that you you're willing to do what I've been afraid to do my whole my whole career.
Speaker 2: All right, So you think this is a gay guy coming up, I'm not sure. But more importantly, don't speak to us that way. It's overally familiar.
Speaker 1: We have never referred to ourselves as little freaking and you should not either. That's a crazy that's crazy. That's not associated with any of our work. Not, not one of us has played a little freaky on on anybody's.
Speaker 2: Cartoon or television program. I've only been a doctor or a lawyer on television, that's true, more than a teacher.
Speaker 1: My even in my lowest role, no one was like, and Lenggston, you will be a little freaky little freaky is nuts. It's it's insane, and and you owe us an apology. I'm sure we won't get it in this voicemail, but but shame on you.
Speaker 2: And also, deep down I kind of like it. No, I don't like that. I don't know. It's kind of flat. It made me blush that I'm gonna start it over so we can hear it.
Speaker 5: Hi, you little freaky Okay, I'm back. I earlier and was talking about Cain and we're gonna get back to that. Don't be scared, but I have.
Speaker 2: A more don't tell me what to do. You bitch.
Speaker 1: Said something about can I assume raising or Cain and Abel? Oh Canaan is raising? Ain't it raising?
Speaker 2: No raising? Caines. Oh you're Canes. Oh you're talking about the Power Show? Yeah, the same yeah, spin off? Yeah, raising Canaan. Yeah. I think I assume this person is referring to Canaan. Abel.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, but I am curious about the threat thrown right at the end of it of don't be scared.
Speaker 2: There's already a lot going on. There's a lot going on. We don't have time to unpack that one, but we'll keep going in this voicemail.
Speaker 5: Fun one because I was listening to an old podcast episode from you Guys about Drake, and so my mama told me.
Speaker 2: It's okay to singing these that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that you clarified that because I didn't. I almost spit my drink out, but not in a way that was I'm not offended. Yeah, that was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah that.
Speaker 5: Harvery Graham is the greatest actor alive because he's playing a character named Drake. That's why you've never seen him in any other TV shows or movies or anything. Really passed the grassy. I mean, even if he did great in ESNL, he's a great actor, but he doesn't do any acting, Like, why is that there's so much money in that because he is always playing a prominent role as Drake, a rapper.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like the singing topped a bottom. It was great. How do you feel about this conspiracy theory?
Speaker 1: I think there's something very interesting in the fact that Drake, unlike any other rapper previous to him, came out of acting and then never went back to it, and and like won't even kind of take it seriously in any meaningful way.
Speaker 2: It is odds you would assume it's his first love. But are I don't know the money, Margins. I don't think Drake would make any more money doing anything other than being Drake.
Speaker 1: I think that that, certainly Drake probably is making more money than he would have made as an actor by himself. But I think there's probably a type of money that Drake could have made turning himself into the Rock, right, you know what I mean, like a cross pollination entity more than it is like just a dude who raps or a dude who acts kind of thing, right.
Speaker 2: I also, but she said the point of this is that he's a great actor playing the role of Drake. He can't even convince me he's Jamaican. There's a lot there's a lot of worse actors, like I get it, but he's not Densel, Like what are we talking about.
Speaker 1: I think the argument would be that Drake is acting within a role, as a role within a role within a role. So when he pretends to be Jamaican. It's a bad it's a act, a truly phenomenal actor acting poorly in order to accumulate a type of attention and manipulation.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: They're saying, he's the greatest actor of all time. He ain't got time for anything else other than his phenomenal sort of like because he's pulling off Drake because he is Drake.
Speaker 2: I don't I'm trying to get my head around why I don't like this, because I don't think I like it. I it's like I don't fit. I think he's doing he's acting at work like most people do a little bit. I don't think it's like because what what what is the true personality? Then? How far away do we feel like he is? Where is his true personality? You ever see that? Because he seems to come off as like very petty and all these kinds of things, and it's like all seems just like a person.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen his MTV cribs? No, he has an MTV cribs. This is I think when he was still living in Canada, this Canadian MTV cribs.
Speaker 2: So that's why you didn't see it, you know what I mean? They got it a little late, and no one gave a fuck over there. It's eighteen in pregnant. Nobody cares, you're too polite.
Speaker 1: But he has a a MTV cribs where he's like living with his mom and he like she comes back with bagels. She like, brings back bagels was first tradition. Hey, nobody's kno gonna bagel, big fan. I like, I like big old asses and I like bagels, and I'm not ashamed of it. I wouldn't say they're that close, Okay, okay, okay, but I'm saying on the list, Okay, okay, both they both getting presents from Santa.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I put locks on either one.
Speaker 1: His mom brings back bagels and he looks through the bag and he gets so mad at her because she didn't bring back like an everything bagel, and he like really gets upset to the point that he can't even really focus on filming his MTV cribs anymore because he like is getting frustrated with her. And he's, yeah, but I asked for the everything bagel and she's like, I'm sorry, Aubrey, It's okay, and he's like, just it just sucks because.
Speaker 2: I really wanted to every Bagel and I think that's who he is. But I think every entertainer has it. It's like Kevin Hart when he got mad at his man on the airplane for not having any money. You you know what I'm saying, But I'm saying that that still lives within what we believe. Kevin Hart is right, and to some extent, Drake is doing a performance that truly has asked us to not even believe that boy is who he is. He has to.
Speaker 1: That's that's the illusion he's aiming for. Whether you agree with it or not, is not what he wants, right, And so that is the acting, and that is a hell of a performance. And that is a lot of fucking work every single day to not make me think that you a man who I still think is a fucking dweb. Isn't this level of d weep? And that's the that it's too much work to then also then go and like have a sex scene where you truly get to see him be into it.
Speaker 2: But if he was that great at playing, why wouldn't he just do like the Will Smith type of thing and just be Drake in every movie? If he's pulling it off to that level. Why wouldn't he just transfer it because he's always already playing this character. Great obviously, that you can have a role, you can have a full career as a character celebrity that's typecasts themselves.
Speaker 1: I'm really happy you asked this, and I've been thinking about this. I've been thinking about it a lot, and it took me a second.
Speaker 2: Sandwich. Okay, it was a tuna sandwich, not in everything bagel. That's right.
Speaker 1: He was very upset about I'm gonna watch this after all, it's fucking nuts. You asked a question, why doesn't Drake just pivot this into becoming you know, the ultimate sort of celebrity.
Speaker 2: The character that he's already mastered.
Speaker 1: I I don't think they're ready. Ready isn't the right word. I don't think they've made space for a light skinned.
Speaker 2: Main man. That's why you wanted to do this, all right. I was wondering why.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know this was coming. I'll be honest with you. I didn't know this was coming.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, but I have been feeling this is what we need to talk about. You don't think you think, wow, you don't who is a light skinned leading man, A list leading man, a list, not light skin more not not Michael Ee, because as much as they're great, not a list, they're not a list. Wow, we ain't got those. I've really been thinking about it, I could tell because and I'm trying everything in my dark skinned heart wants to refute this. And I really struggle to think you have to be tonally centered to be a black leading man like we have from Denzel to like, who's the lightest Harry Harry Belafonte is the lightest I can think of. Yeah, but that's almost like that if you were in the Black and White Ara kind of it's different. And that's what I'm saying. That was so far back that it doesn't we're not talking about the same game. Wow, this is this is crazy because now it feels like we're in the same where it's like, you're not going to be leading man. I'm not gonna be a minute.
Speaker 1: I think I can break the old Baby.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right. Great actor, great actor, great actor. Ah. That that to me is the more interesting thing about all this. I don't I'm kind of sick of talking about Drake in general, But why is there Do you think it's like I don't, man, fuck.
Speaker 1: I don't think even you know, look how light skinned Malcolm X was in real life? They had Denzel Washington play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, that's light skin of rasure. We was red, yeah, rare dog. He was Detroit red, right red. He had freckles. They had freckles. It looks just like a raggedy hando. I don't know why that. You say you have breakfasts up really look like strawberry shortcake yo. And they did have Denzel playing, and they had I'm really trying to search my head for like like a like a lights lights Wow. What do you think that is? Do you think it was? Do you think it's like America doesn't want to look at itself? I think I think in some ways we didn't. We haven't elevated to where those roles would truly exist.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying that? Like, for so long, black entertainment had been limited to either writing about slavery or the civil rights experience, or you are entertaining yourselves over here and it doesn't play. We don't care what you do. So yeah, over there you can let Shamar Moore be king. But over here you're gonna talk about slavery and nobody wants to see.
Speaker 2: Or you're gonna talk about the struggle in one way or another.
Speaker 1: And nobody wants to see a nigga with light eyes and freckles be like the leader of you know, the the masses of slaves?
Speaker 2: Are you picking? Are you pitching? And in the house slave movies, because that's the craziest. Jus opens the door and he's like, you know it, y'all. I don't like it in here either, Lee Daniels, possess inside.
Speaker 6: We should all be freak.
Speaker 2: If y'all don't get core Brand, I don't get He's like, but he's like passing out while he's holding the tray.
Speaker 1: He can barely keep it up because he's fast and trying to be an allegiance with the outdoors.
Speaker 2: No, that is oh man, man, that is funny as that is because that's that's hilarious, really one of the funniest things I've thought about, and especially because there's Daniels. Yeah, Lee Daniels, it's a classyir Tyler Perry. Yeah. Yeah, there's a legitimacy to it. Ah. Wow, though that. I mean, I can't. I'm not gonna old you that I think that. I think that is a very good point. I never because it's interesting. I think that with light skin versus dark skin, we look at so much of the idea of privilege versus not right, and the idea of lighter being proximity to whiteness. But that proximity to whiteness seems like it probably does take away some of their perception of the black experience in a way that I could see specifically, like Hollywood not wanting to reflect those we don't. We don't seem useful to them exactly because they want because at the point they want a black body, they want a Denzel body, but they don't want a blackass body because that's still scarce. No, they don't.
Speaker 1: They hate the way we look in general. Right, So the darker we get, the more they're like, I don't like that shit.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I'm saying. So it's just across the board.
Speaker 1: We don't like it, but if we have to use it, we want to use it with the way it all prescribed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. I never, I really never thought about specifically that. Malcolm X's point is very interesting because he didn't he looked like Denzel.
Speaker 1: He Denzel is not a has never and will never be a light skin man, do you know what I mean? Like, as much as they tried to put like light skinned energy on Denzel, you think, yeah, sometimes I think early and earlier in his career he was a sexier man. Well, guys get to be sexy on I'm just saying that, like he was like almost being treated like a model type man for a period and now looking at him old, he just was. He had the same Michael Jordan effect where you were just so great at your thing, we didn't notice your pants sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah we forgot that. You sound like you're from North Carolina. Yeah, it's it's. Uh.
Speaker 1: It was an illusion that they I would say, they put on him at maybe a point, but but never was he a light skin man.
Speaker 2: There are no light skin of a list leading men. Wow, not not in front of the camera. The rock is the closest thing to it.
Speaker 1: But the rock is his own. Yeah, he doesn't even he doesn't exist on the same playing field of like, oh, this is like an actor we've we've.
Speaker 2: He doesn't bring it up, Yeah, bring it up. No, he hates it he played.
Speaker 1: At University of Miami. Yeah, he's like my dad wrestled. Yeah, don't look up any pictures the same place.
Speaker 2: Michael Irvin. Uh damn. That is uh. That's wild because it seems like you think about it and now I try to go through the scope of like what I know to be black black movie stars, and it seems to be even from back to like Pam Greer and stuff like that, it seems to be kind of like a monotone situation.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the women they had, Yeah, but that you can make sense of that quickly. They've they've put up You're in beauty standards right right right on the forefront. So halle Berry is more appealing to them than the dark skinned chick from in the house.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a deep cut. It was beautiful. I was more of an Erica Alexander guy, Max singh Shaw attorney at law. Hey, I'm not mad at that either. Yeah, I also enjoy that flavor. Yeah. Yeah, but this I feel like sometimes we derail great conversations by being horny and we're just man, that's just what this is.
Speaker 1: But I do think I think beyond the horniness, the the ultimately I do think that women part of the reaction of like of light skinned being sort of treated with like this, this elevation that we're not seeing on the other side for dark skinned people is far more of a thing that women were experiencing and then reflecting onto the masses of the black community. I don't know that light skinned men, at least in acting. I'm only obviously in other fields it becomes a lot more complicated for.
Speaker 2: Acting.
Speaker 1: In entertainment, one, light skinned men are less useful and thus not the the krim day lak Krim.
Speaker 2: So what are we saying? I think I think if I mean, if I'm hearing you, right, I think fit we probably need to get a super dark movie hero first, and then we bust that door open and we let and we bring and we bring our white brothers through the.
Speaker 1: Door, right, Yeah, a little trickle down, Yeah, pigment shotgun.
Speaker 2: And then let everybody else, Yeah, everybody can climb through that.
Speaker 1: Open why Yeah, dark and wide. Yeah, that wasn't exactly what I was feeling. But I'm hearing you. I think that we're but we're kind of on the sand. I think they tried Jamon Hansu enough.
Speaker 2: They didn't try him as the lead. They tried him in a Keanu Reeves movie where his name was Papa Midnight. Like, nigga, bro, that's crazy, that's a menstal show. That's it. And I maybe I read the maybe and maybe that is what they called him in the cartoon, but that you have to understand me. In the movies eighteen years old, was like, this is crazy, yo. His name was Papa min Yes, fuck, you know.
Speaker 1: You can't sign We gotta hold him accountable for that. You don't sign up for that. At what point do you put your your your dark ass hand down John and go no, I'm not gonna be Papa Midnight.
Speaker 2: That shit was crazy. That's nuts. Fuck Papa or Midnight sick like yeah, like one or the other.
Speaker 1: I get if he's midnight, sure, it's it's about your skin color, but it's it isn't like an elevation you put on it. Not the midnight makes it seem like there are a lot of midnights. But you're the daddy, You're the king of the of the midnight.
Speaker 2: And I don't want you now they're saying that to you. I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Papa fucking Papa Midnight. That's your wild gaimhnsu.
Speaker 2: And also it didn't even work. Papa Papa Midnight didn't pop. No what I mean?
Speaker 1: Then I've been buying all these Papa Midnight dolls, dolls.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get a Papa Midnight. I'm gonna pull up with a goddamn Papa Midnight pretty soon. Fucking on here. If you get a fip a midnight hoodie, that's actually kind of hard, that would be yeah, complicated. I would love to see it. Anyway. Anyways, I think that you've made a great point. Maybe think maybe think that ultimately the point is that it seems like in a mainstream fashion, they don't want to see us at any of ours what's viewed to be our extremities. They're extreme extremities. That's like arms and legs, arms and legs, but extremes. Yeah, they don't want to see us at any of our extremes. Be it the idea because which is ultimately them gatekeeping what it is they feel like we are and should be. And that is what the big issue is with all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think you can see it reflected and not to make this you know, so championship politics, whatever the fuck. But like you see it in Trump going to a black conference and feeling comfortable enough to be like, she ain't black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. And it's I think it's because it becomes a thing culturally where we maybe put some of that on ourselves as well, like where we keep it for ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the danger of the internet. And you've talked about this before that the internet is now everybody's language. So when we go on the internet and we go this is black, this is not, they adopt that language and then spew it back at us. But because there are so many more of them than there are of us, we start to feel crazy when it becomes just a fact of their culture. And for years, decades, hundreds of years, sometimes we were the only ones who even understood what that meant.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean you just can't get keep anything, no, not unless you shut the fuck up. Yeah, and you really just uh, I think really what you need to do is finance a buddy cop movie. Me and Langston, We've written it. It's called Papa and Son Midnight. It's called Meet the Midnight. Papa Midnight had an affair with a white woman and they're gonna solve a jew. I it would be crazy if I was your dad movie you got me, because there's no version where I get to make you. You can make me, that's true. You could only come from this.
Speaker 1: My daughter, she's she's darker than both me and my wife. But that's as dark as I could.
Speaker 2: That's so fun, though. Do you feel strong in that? I do.
Speaker 1: That's cool. It cool for you. It truly gave me pride to be like, nah, yeah, look at that ship.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look years, check the check the score. Bro, that's the joy. I never knew about a light care father and a darker kid.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Hell yeah, it would not the feeling would not go the other way for me. M that if you had a license, baby, you wouldn't be proud. I need to tread lightly here. No, go ahead, enjoy yourself. I I mean no, but if you want to be facts about it. Part of the reason the allure of having kids for me is the idea of being able to pass on this thing that is so often viewed as a blight, as a difficulty in my life, that I have learned to love and be proud of, and that represents where I am, so that is like being able to embrace that is like one of the greatest things I've done in my life. So to advocate and not be able to relate that seems like a thing that would be difficult to me. I get that, you know what I'm saying. So, like, it's not that I wouldn't be happy, but if I were to have a kid and they also didn't have that, like that's the one thing where it could be like this is us because we're from here, and to not have that would be would be a bit of a difficulty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't sound dissimilar to what I feel like I hear you and others describe in terms of like a parent not born in this country, then having kids in this country watching them sort of become not what they you know what I mean, Like your mom grew up in Sierra Leone. Her sense of what life is and what men and children should be is framed around that. And then to see y'all grow up in such different ways, it's probably similarly, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't it's just different. That's not what I wanted. Yeah, but I'm not mad at it. I love y'all.
Speaker 1: I want y'all to have whatever you can have. But this isn't This wasn't my goal when I say it out for this.
Speaker 2: So I would love my light scned baby obviously, just not as much as that dark one. If it was two you get those weird twins. Oh man, Yeah, I could overcome it. But like initially, just.
Speaker 1: Like on the come out, No, I think I'll just keep holding David Junior. Yeah, I think Ronald, yeah to his brother, We're gonna play football.
Speaker 2: I think Ronald can cry it out. No obviously, Yeah, you will love it, but it would it is the thing.
Speaker 1: Here's the last thing I think we should do before we end this episode is circle.
Speaker 2: This all back to the question of Drake.
Speaker 1: Is he the greatest actor of all time or at the very least is this just a I think greatest of all times?
Speaker 2: Still feels maybe like too much of a stretch. I So here's my issue with this. I think when we wrap around to Drake and the idea of entertainment, oh, that's what they're all doing, I don't think that he is particularly gifted in that aspect of presenting a different part of his personality and profiting off of something different. I don't think some of these guys, some of these people you don't know, they're gay, they're they're this, they're that. Like It's like, I don't believe that he's particularly more talented at that aspect of being an entertainer than anybody else. I do think the guy's kind of a savage. I think he's ruthless. I think he's sort of a bad guy. But do I think he's more talented at suppressing his personality to sell us whatever the fuck we want and nobody really who they are except for fifty cent? Yeah, I I right. I tend to agree with you.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's as phenomenal as of an actor as as is being suggested. I do think he pulled a a wilder, more grand finesse than we've ever seen. I think it's a truly legendary finesse.
Speaker 2: I think we'll because the really great ones you never found out.
Speaker 1: I don't know his his just on record. No, I'm just saying, like, even if you haven't.
Speaker 7: Seen the YouTube, if you believe Drake even is exactly who he pretends to be, this is not a person who, given when he entered hip hop, I would have suspected could have become the king of the art form.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? That, Like, Drake was never built to be the king of the.
Speaker 2: Shit, right, That's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 1: He's never sold drugs, do you know what I mean? He's never beat anybody up. He's cried multiple times on many songs. He's been sort of publicly shamed and embarrassed and guffawed at. He's been accused of being a pedophile, like.
Speaker 2: All the ship.
Speaker 1: This was not supposed to be the king, and he was. And not only was he the king, he's the biggest king we've ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean, that's uh. I think part of that is the motivation that drives you to be the king comes from you not having been picked that. You wouldn't have thought that about Lil Wayne when Hopwoays came out. You would have thought he was great. You didn't think this was gonna change, this was gonna be something that we've never seen before. That's fair, you know what I mean? Because he's coming out of the South, and so it's like I think that that's like, I think that you sort of need that level of under being underrated to truly take over the top of any type of thing. So I think that that's where that comes from. I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 1: I think I think of Wayne's rise still within the lexicon of it is.
Speaker 2: It is a lot less hip hop, It's a lot far more conventional. He's still all that. Yeah, yeah, Where's Drake is not?
Speaker 1: Where's Drake is literally a we he he showed us in a music video.
Speaker 2: I had a bar mitzvah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we watched him dance like a fucking loser that wasn't even like cool little black kid dances.
Speaker 2: Would you say that Drake is the first light skin man character. I think there's a pretty fair argument for it. So in that ultimately sort of did you a favorite?
Speaker 8: He's kicking the door open. You're not gonna do it. You're trying to trick me. He is literally gonna kick the door open for me. I don't want to go through that door. No, No, it's a fucked up door to be in.
Speaker 2: I mean, wait until everybody clears out and then you want to give it good Yeah. Oh nah, listen, y'all, I'll be cool this. Don't take any roles for twelve sixteen months, I'm trying to get the numbers up on this. It would be great if you were a movie star. Yeah, if you hear him, be a movie star. I don't quit. No, I won't quit. Yeah me either. I won't quit. I will talk to you different, but I'm not gonna quit insane same And that's I think that's fair. I think that that's that's as honest as we could be with each other. That's gonna be a few more David grow up. Yeah, there's gonna be a lot less shirt on. I'm that rich. They're gonna be a lot more smoking in the studio like cigars. Weird shit. It's gonna be hose behind me and not him. These laughing all your jokes and then they.
Speaker 1: Shut out mine, they cross their ar they get on their phone.
Speaker 2: But I'm so desperate. I'm still trying to impress the hose every week. No, it'll be really difficult if one of us elevates a lot faster than the other. No, I don't. I don't care for that one bit. No, I'd rather that we both make a million dollars from this podcast.
Speaker 1: That's the deal, folks. We're willing to both be millionaires. That's let's put that on wax, because I don't think they've ever heard us say that objectively.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I would like to be richer than y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to be very, very rich, and i'd like your support and making that happen.
Speaker 2: But and I'll do some good stuff with it, and I'll do some bad stuff with it, growing pigs. Hey, here's it. Hey, here's what I promise you. I'm staying neutral. Yeah, I'm go's it's not going to be in that negative. Nope. They're definitely gonna build some schools. Well they have my name on them. Probably. Hey, we'll get a few more camera angles. Yeah, that's what I'm trying to have. This ship. It split up already more than it was before. Yeah, they put they put another light in. They knew where it was coming. Hey, here's one question before we get out of here. There's real inside baseball light skin and dark skinned television stuff. Oh, okay, do you wear makeup on television? I do? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't ever wear making never, They've never put makeup on you, anti shine, that's it. No one's ever put like concealer any No makeup on television, Holy shit. Never once that's fuck.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, yeah, because I got beat I got Beijing one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not makeup. That's that's hair makeup. Yeah, but hair is a different department, right, it was a black woman off. Makeup is the one that's objective. No, they always say, oh honey, you're scared.
Speaker 2: No, sometimes there's black women, but there's not, like I don't think there's a lot of makeup for min that's my point.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not that I'm saying that they're being like bad people necessarily, as much as like the technology doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: That means I am this fine, I am this fine. How about that? No one touch up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: That's what I just I look like this me and my little baby. The other one I don't know. Yeah, No, I caet make up every single time.
Speaker 1: And it's even because I've taken accutane, which is the greatest, in my opinion, the greatest drug that's ever been created.
Speaker 2: Would you take acu let's say, accusaning and penicillin, penicillina up. They take one away and they keep one. Would you get rid of penicillin if you I've never had penicillin. So that's a quick pro quota. That's a quick pro quota changed everything for me. Do you feel like it changed your life?
Speaker 1: Like I do not, not because I was like struggling career wise as a result of my acne, But it was so deeply connected to my self worth and self esteem in a.
Speaker 2: Way that like I you know, it's you do have and I mean this in a good way. You do have young ugly guy personality, like you sort of have too much personality to be fine, you know what I mean? That makes sense?
Speaker 1: And I think in that way, we we want, you know, we're all vain, sort of little monsters that want to look our best selves and ship and it's like, nah, I fucking hate looking this way. And then you take a drug for six months and you never have it again.
Speaker 2: See that's why ozempic gotta call me bro. I'm not trying to pay for it myself. Dog, if you want to talk ozempic.
Speaker 1: I just listened to uh an episode on the Daily about about some shit that that really fucked me up.
Speaker 2: Why because everybody's been shitting on.
Speaker 1: Ozempic, right, everybody's been talking trash about how bad Ocempic is or as bad that we're.
Speaker 4: Everybody we're running out of diabetes medicine. What we're gonna do for the diabetics. You know, they're doing that shit. Maybe they're right, Maybe they're right that.
Speaker 1: That people are, you know, fucking doing a bad thing. But one of the things that they were talking about is how ozempic isn't just a hunger suppressant. It also is like changing your literal taste buds so that people who are on ozempic are actually craving fresher foods. Oh wow, they don't want processed foods anymore. They don't want sugary shit anymore. And the literally the sugar and processed foods industry is like in a tailspin right now. On some like yo, we don't they're not hooked like they used to be hooked. These numbers are going down. We gotta start engineering some new shit for these ozipic motherfuckers so that we can get back on the money train.
Speaker 2: It's like sometimes you're just like, maybe we just need a hard reset, bro, we just reset it all. Everybody starts a zero.
Speaker 1: It's why we need a little bit of China. We've talked about no, not not the street drug, the communist hell state.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we need whatever that threat is of like control, to maintain some level of f You're gonna straight up to kill human decent. Yeah, unfettered capitalism is going to kill us because now they've created a drug that literally can make us beat the addiction we created and then like, oh no, fuck, we're gonna be broke.
Speaker 9: We gotta get them addicted again with poisons. We have to create new poisons to make them re addict themselves to a thing that we keep telling them is killing them in the first place.
Speaker 2: God damn. And the only way they can be free of it is take a drug that makes them shit themselves, literally have diarrhea on a on a near daily basis. It's it's wild out here, dog meet the midnights in theaters. This people cool guys Jokes eighty seven on Instagram, Patreon, dot com, backslash David Boy. You can purchase my special. All the money goes to me. Don't you like that There's no middle man. I put the money up, I get the money back. You're paying me directly. Make give me some money so I can teach my light skin son to ice skate or whatever they do.
Speaker 1: I mean I did skate it, uh, after the school program. Oh that's nice though. Yeah, we'd like go to the rink every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: I was good for a kid that was just running around, you know what I mean. I wasn't like embarrassing myself or anything like that sucked as an example, I guess it was good.
Speaker 2: It was good. I think we covered a lot of ground. Just really made me feel small. But that's okay. I'm sorry. You're tall, you're big and tall, and you have a dark, dark daughter. Oh yeah, that didn't That didn't feel grazyn. That sucked too. All right, let's get out of here. We gotta gotta.
Speaker 1: You can follow me at Langston Kerman on all social media platforms, and you can watch my special it's called Bad Poetry. It is on Netflix. And more importantly, you can send us your own drops, your own conspiracies. You can't tell us what is the next light skinned Superstars waiting in the wings. We want to hear from you all at Mamma pod at gmail dot com. We would love to talk to you also via voicemail at A four four Little Moms. We would like for you to buy our merch We would like for you to subscribe and like and rate and review and do all the things that are necessary for our future success, and most importantly, watch you azz Bye Bitch, Bye Bitch. My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Created and hosted by Langston, co hosted by David Borie. Executive produced by Will Farrell, Hansani and Olivia Aguilon. Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin Kopfon, music by Nick Chambers, artwork by Dogon Kreega.
Speaker 1: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube, Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel