Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 2: Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Town six second plus dot tix Take twenty Today, touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans. For the first time in twenty twenty five. Guess what, everybody, It's a regular season edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the SWBC studios. Welcome and everybody. The preseason is over. It is officially cut down Day in the National Football League and we got you covered here over the next hour inside the SWBC studio alongside Josh Rodriguez with Chris Beam in the back, I'm Kyle Yeomens and for the second straight week, we also have special guests Nick Harris joining the show. Sorry, excuse me, Emmy Award winning Wow Nick Harris for the first time.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, many thank you, fellows. I am rest amen. God's good shout out to everybody here that that had a role in this We won the Emmy last night for Best Sports Documentary for the Deep Blue that we did on Marion Barber. That was myself, Ambar Garcia, Caden Gates, Alex Lily. Shout out to Derek and Nick for allowing me to, you know, be a part of that big project. It was so rewarding and glad we got to finish it off the right way last night. Congrats man, Thank you guys. I appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: And this is your first Emmy win. It is so that one's always a little bit special, especially for those that don't know. When you get to go to the award show, get to dress up. You looked great last night in the blue suit. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you I have this. We got to get in that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The great thing about Schottenheimer having afternoon availability this year morning Jim, Jim, I like it.
Speaker 2: Jim, I like it unless you're on Talking Cowboys and then you get exactly exactly get work to do. But but no, I was super happy for you last night. We were watching from home, and I was happy that you were in the building for it one because when you win your first one, being in the building is the best part could you get to celebrate with all the people there and you get to have some fun, make your little speech. You did a great job on the speech too, talking about awareness around you and ask other people if they're doing okay and that sort of thing. So it really did resonate with the whole mindset around the documentary, which is phenomenal by the way, and available on YouTube and the Dallas Cowboys now app too, and Dallas Cowboys dot com and Dallas Cowboys dot Comy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I watch it, if everybody listening has one person in their live friend or family member that you haven't talked to in a long time, and you know, whether you'll had beef or you didn't have beef, whatever, you'll just kind of fell out, whatever it is, reach out to that person, that person's on your mind.
Speaker 6: Do it.
Speaker 4: One of you might just save a life.
Speaker 2: So absolutely congrats Nick, thanks for really well earned, well earned, and Josh is on his way with the Wall two point zero documentary that they made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna be rubbing that. It's gonna be good times. Yeah, man, I'm very excited about that. It's out.
Speaker 7: It's doing really well.
Speaker 2: Fit a lot of thousand views on YouTube.
Speaker 8: Fifty thousand views so far, and it just goes to show how much of the people love those guys in particular.
Speaker 7: And I know a lot of the comments are like, these guys didn't win anything, you know what I mean. But it's like they won a lot of games and they did their part, and you know.
Speaker 8: Are we supposed to not acknowledge you know, cowboys that have done great for the organization, you know, like just guys that you model your you should be modeling your game after so and same ghost from Marion Barber too. It's it's a guy that people love and respect and had a lot of admiration for. So just just shine a light on those guys. We haven't won a super Bowl in thirty years, so it's you have these stories that still need to be told regardless.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And we also got to mention he's not here today. He's on Good Morning Football because he's big time and he's doing stuff. But Isaiah one Tommy's last night, he cleaned up on both of his categories and got them both the in studio both fucking game analyst, I mean literally the best analyst in the game right now, and he's on our podcast most.
Speaker 7: But in Dallas Cowboys dot Com on his back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most carrying it yesterday, but no lots of fun at the Emmys. Congratulations to all those on the team who won. We've got some work to get back to, though, and that's what it really is about. It's the regular season. But it is the regular season. Cowboys starting up man finish their preseason at one and two. They got to win to ended out thirty one to thirteen, the final score over the Atlanta Falcons. Before we get into roster cutdown day, that's coming up very quickly in the show, and we've got plenty to talk about there. What were your initial reactions, Josh, to the game on Friday and the step forward that it seemingly took from the Cowboys side.
Speaker 8: It was the first time because Schottenheimer has been preaching physicality since he took over, this is the first time I've seen the Dallas Cowboys be a physical team, more physical than the opposing team since the Bucks game last year. And that was like in the twilight of last season when things were looking up and it's like, all right, you got a chance, and then they had a great game against Sampa Bay and then it all came crashing down after that when you realize that your depth just wasn't there.
Speaker 7: And you've kind of seen that same thing.
Speaker 8: You know, like this team has felt kind of broken in a lot of ways since the Green Bay playoff loss, and you just kind of see a sluggishness at times. You did not see that on on Friday. It was It's such a weird game to have on a Friday night, but but it is amazing to see a team that is actually doing what coach Schottenheimer's talking about has been preaching about. Granted, you're going up against third string second strings. I don't care, man, It's just nice to see the oas Cowboys being physical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I agree with you, And especially in the trenches. I think there were some really good things to pull away from there, just because there have been a little lapses, especially with like young guys. But I think overall it was really good to see, you know, some of those young guys come alive, whether that be like a Augenie Cornelius or you know, even looking deeper into the depth James Houston on the defensive side of the ball, which we're gonna talk about cut down to here, and yeah, that's gonna be a fastest conversation one, but there's a It was really good to see those things. And then the receiver battle that last spot at receiver. It was really interesting to see Jalen Brooks and Ryan Flinoy have the knights that they did, because man, that's gonna be if it were me. And when I did my fifty three man projection yesterday, that was probably the second hardest decision I had to make, was between one of those guys. So really fascinating stuff on Friday night, and it was good to see this team finally gonna win under their belt.
Speaker 2: It was you could tell in the locker room afterwards, Brian Schottenheimer saying, this is what winning should feel like. They had a little celebration. It was a preseason win, but.
Speaker 4: It was pulled the moneyball.
Speaker 7: That was kind of that's a winning field, that's.
Speaker 2: What that's what it should feel like. The whole scenario felt like it was a practice for how they are going to win in the future. You know, when they went in the locker room, They're like, we're going to establish this now. I'm a first year head coach. I want to make it feel like it's a party in the locker room, even if it's a preseason game, because that's what it should feel like. Winning should feel good, and that clips on Dallas Cowboys social channels now. But I did like that. I liked some of the individual performances we had. Perry On Winfrey I thought a great game. Uh, he was great on the interior for the majority of that the four quarters. I thought the first half the run defense was very impressive. They allowed just one point six yards per carry through the first two quarters, ten carries for sixteen yards. On the I think it was I don't even know if that's the math. Is that the right math? Yeah? One point six? Yeah, okay, so ten carries for sixteen yards. Yeah, I know it's early. The U Yeah, I'm bad at multiplying. Actually I've got triplets. But anyways, the commers, yeah right. The conversation then turns to the backup quarterback scenario. Did Joe Milton play well enough for you to have any sort of sort of hope going forward? I don't think it changes much for me in that whole conversation, But did it change anything for you the way he played?
Speaker 4: I think some optimism that you can pull out of that is I think they figured out how to get him off to a good start. Yes, if Joe Milton has a good start, then you start to see the consistency build up a little bit. I think you talked to him after the game in the locker room during those two losses where he had rough starts. He always mentions it, it's like rough start, rough start, And then set and Harry were like, yeah, wish we didn't have the rough start. And so you really liked those good first quarters out of guys. Joe Milton certainly had it. They started off with fourteen points in that first frame, and it really allowed him to settle in a lot quicker than he did in those first two games, so much so that they pulled it with nine minutes left in the third quarter. They're like, all right, we've seen what we need to see. But I liked how he used his legs that fourth and one read option scamper, where he was able to get away and Princeton fan was leading the way downfield, very physically leading the way downfield. That was really good to see. And then you know he was able to his footwork. He was a little bit cleaner. It's gonna take time with Joe Milton. That footwork, those footwork issues take years to develop. And I think something to also keep in mind with Joe Milton is we're starting to see a lot of these Tennessee quarterbacks not pan out here in the NFL. Hendon Hooker got released by the Lions yesterday, And you know, I'm not gonna sit here and say that like the system is bad going into the league, but I think one thing to keep in mind is maybe Joe Milton didn't get the development at the college level that some of these other guys have had, and so you know, if they were able to do that within this year and Dak Prescott's can stay healthy for seventeen games, then I really do think Joe Milton this time next year could be ready to step into that backup role with optimism. As of right now, I still don't have a lot of optimism. If he needed to play a three four game stretch this year, you would really be holding your breath as a Cowboys fan. But I think if he can sit and learn and Prescott can stay healthy this year, then it's gonna be beneficial for this team.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: I know you're talking about getting him off to a good start. Let's hope he doesn't have any starts this year.
Speaker 4: Let's just start there.
Speaker 8: Seventeen for seventeen, will and you know, make it happy and all the respect in the world to him, because I thought he had a great game. I thought he was playing comfortably. It was very much like I mean, he didn't like that the scoreboard or anything. I'm not trying to say excellent game. Yeah it was ten for eighteen or whatever, but I just mean it looked like he was playing football and not the mind games that he's play been playing.
Speaker 7: With for the last two weeks.
Speaker 8: It just felt like he was comfortable playing football. And case in point was that very first drive when we go down the field and he just kind of scampers in for a quick touchdown. It was not about him going through every single read. It was like, Okay, this read is not there. I'm just gonna take the easy win. I'm going to get the score. It felt like that throughout the game, where he was just making really not conservative decisions, but the right decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hope this is the last conversation we have on Joe Milton in a long time because of that, you know, because it's dack All the way through the regular season.
Speaker 7: Why an't we just talking about how he's doing what he doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean we could, yeah, we get ask him how he's yeah, you know, just like check up on him and sure he's good. But I hope this is the last backup quarterback conversation we have. I hope it's been the entire preseason. I know people who out there are tired of it. We have to talk about it though, kind of like what we outlined in the last show is because it has been a topic of conversation these last couple of years. Hopefully after this it's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, We're good.
Speaker 2: Dak is doing his thing, he's playing, this is his offense, his team, let's go.
Speaker 4: I would say if a year like twenty twenty three for Dak Prescott were to happen again, sure, that would be so great for Joe Milton for multiple reasons, not only in the sense that he doesn't have to start a game, but you think about all those fourth quarters that Cooper Rush had to play that year. If Joe Milton can just get in games and reps, get snaps, I mean, that would be huge for him too. But yeah, I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Kayle Well, and you know it's funny you say it that way. I thought one of the best things that could have happened in the preseason this year for Will Greer was Joe Milton to play well, because if you think about it, yeah, everybody's like, oh, Will Greer was in a competition for that QB two battle. I don't think that was ever really the case for this coaching staft.
Speaker 8: As soon as I was traded for Joe Milton, they it was confirmation by us the entire time.
Speaker 2: He's not going anywhere now. He Even if Joe Milton loses the quarterback two spot, it's not going to be the Will Greed. It's going to be the mister outside higher and another opportun opportunistic veteran that can come in and play immediately. Will Greer was never going to be the number two quarterback on this roster, but he could have been the number three quarterback.
Speaker 7: Hey, which one of these quarterbacks has the Superowl ring?
Speaker 2: It is Will Gear But that being said, just for a split second in Philly. For all of that being said, Will Greer did his job throughout the the off season and throughout the preseason, showed that, hey, he still belongs in an NFL camp somewhere, but he was never going to be the QB too. It is just part of it. And I think if Will Greer were to get booted off of this roster, Joe Milton's still on the roster because they've invested in him, They're going to allow him to grow, they would boot Will Greer to bring in somebody else to try and be that that backup quarterback. Hopefully that's not the case. Maybe it is. Maybe they find somebody that they bring in and Will Gear can fit on this team. So where, But it's a lot of times for backup quarterbacks the best thing for them is for the guy in front of them to remain successful. It's to your point with Dak and Joe Milton roster cutdowns, they're here, some of them are. Anyways. Yeah, let's let's go through some of the names that have been reported and released as the Cowboys start their their trek toward the fifty three man roster. Here are the names that are on Dallas Cowboys dot com right now, released and waved by the By the way, there is a difference, we can go through that in a minute. Released is Lyle Collins, Waved is Nick Broker, Denzel Jackson, Josh Kelly, Tyler Nevill Troy Pride, John Stephen Juniors and then wave injured was Christian Matthew. Any of those names pop off the lists so.
Speaker 4: Far, maybe not pop off the list, but a couple that I were maybe surprised to see in the first wave or Troy Pride and John Stevens. Troy Pride I thought knocked on the door of making this roster, but I think Andrew Booth's second preseason game really put him over the edge. And then whenever Booth got the ball cap on the sideline for preseason game three, I think that kind of told you where Pride was headed. But a really physical player in camp. I think he'll land on a practice squad either here or somewhere else and be really good. And then John Stevens man, that's just a tough story.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: You go back to the training camp in twenty twenty three, it was so much fun getting to see him, you know, really shine out there in Oxnard, and he was electric. Tours ACL came back last year for training camp, did the same thing tours ACL again and then it sounds like he's been dealing with some knees so ons as well in that same knee. So it's it's it's tough, and you know, you hope he rebounds, whether that's on the field or off the field. But wishing the best for John Stevens just wanted to shot him out.
Speaker 8: No, absolutely, I'm in addition to him, Tyler Neville, who's someone who has a great story, who had a decent camp. I feel like he had spurts where he was actually like really good.
Speaker 4: But it's another one of those.
Speaker 8: Great stories that you hope works out, you know. And I think these are two guys that you could definitely get in your practice squad. I mean just just guessing here. I was kind of standing last week. I was sitting on the ta for the experience and familiarity of Alile Collins. But after watching you know, Atlanta, this Atlanta game, I understand, uh, there wanting to emphasize their young talent and keep generating their their talent with a guy like a Jeannie Johnny Johnny Cornelie who had an excellent game, excellent game, So you understand why they want to develop a guy like that. If he ends up on the roster if he doesn't, I you know, you understand that too, Uh, Troy Pride made a big play, but didn't make a big play. You kind of there's just a mental laps there obviously, But I think he was, like you said, he was physical in camp. So a few names, but I don't think there's any big surprise here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, safety right? Was that that was a safety right? Yes, destroy Pride. It would have absolutely had to play counted. He like caught it and backward momentum did not take him to the into the end zone. And I was sit there watching it live, I was like.
Speaker 2: I think all of us, all of us in the press box were looking at it the same way of like he caught that ball with like the five.
Speaker 7: Yard line and he totally ran into the He could have.
Speaker 2: Turned and cut easily, but he just kind of like floated in. It's like, I mean, either that or his agility is like a negative seven on Matt like, and I don't think that's the case. I just think if if you're if you're gonna say his momentum carried him into the end zone, I was like, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: That was He's lucky. The play didn't care.
Speaker 2: That was the first conversation. Is because of the penalty beforehand, that that penalty wouldn't have happened, and maybe maybe the officials are lucky that it didn't happen too. They're like, ah, we could just call Pal'll be fine, because then they're gonna have to go back and sort through whether or not that was a safety or preseason weird scenarios. They pop up all the time, but that one was a little extra. I was like, why are you taking to me in the back of the zone.
Speaker 7: He like celebrat on that, and it was just like, everybody, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 2: That was That was an interesting one going back to.
Speaker 4: That's and I made the team. Yeah, like the places.
Speaker 2: Rain falling down.
Speaker 4: That was Israel mcwama with so far interception. He was like throwing his helmet in the stands. He's like, I made this hard.
Speaker 7: Cut to cut days he's shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: Back to Lyle Collins, I thought some some of the local media was tweeting about it and saying he never really had a chance to make the roster and he never was given the opportunity. I think it's more so the second one he never really got a ton of preseason snaps, but they brought him back to give him a shot. They gave him a shot to make it. The name certainly rings more than maybe the tape did, but he had a good workout in Ox Start. They signed him for a reason. He stuck around all through training camp. I think some of the stuff that he was doing post practice, in the way that he was working with guys like Donovan Azraku and some of those other young guys after practice, with handwork and footwork and some of the extra things, that was so valuable. So even if he doesn't make the roster, I mean, I think there's a lot of what else did in this training camp and in this preseason that will show up on the field in twenty twenty five for the Cowboys. So I want to give him the respect where the respect is due. He took some extra time to mentor these guys, even though he was here for just a short time a couple of weeks. There was an impact and there was a footprint. So if they brought him back on the practice squad, I don't know if he's interested in the practice quad. He's a vested veteran. He can sign anywhere he wants to. That's part of the release thing. If they do sign him to the practice squad, that's a good thing for this team.
Speaker 8: And I think with as little as you saw him out in practice and taking snaps, that's kind of why I was like, oh, okay, Well, they're leaning on his experience in this matter, and you don't necessarily need to see him out in preseason or anything like that.
Speaker 7: But mostly meant.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, yeah, I wonder if coaching's in his future, you think he would want to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's he certainly show that he can do that at this camp. So if his career.
Speaker 8: Is an interview of differ and sorts, you're saying, yeah, maybe so, maybe so maybe, all right, I see him here.
Speaker 2: When we come back. What are some of the other roster cuts that could be on the horizon. Are there any surprise names that we should be looking for? What are the rumors kind of floating around the fifty three man roster? All those cuts will happen today, We'll see if they all get reported today. But either way, let's try and look through the magnifying glass and see what else could be coming from the Cowboys. Fifty three man roster cut down. And then later in the show, let's talk about whether or not Trey Higdendrickson's deal with Cincinnati, one of the top edg rushers and football gets a pay raise. What does that mean for Michael Parsons if anything, When we come back with more talking.
Speaker 10: Cowboys, AT and T has a new guarantee. Because most things in life are not guaranteed, like getting through self checkout by.
Speaker 11: Yourself warning, each item must be placed in the bagging area.
Speaker 2: Not guarantee.
Speaker 11: Place item in the bagging area. Place in the bagging area.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 10: AT and T guarantees connectivity. You depend on deals you want, in service you deserve or we make it right terms and conditions. Survive is a att dot com SLAST guarantee for details. AT and T Connecting changes everything.
Speaker 1: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right. We're with you. That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 2: Where were you Where are you noted?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store.
Speaker 2: And pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 3: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our name. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 2: Head to your local grocery store and roast.
Speaker 3: Yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 9: As America's leading business lender, Bank of America is on your corner and in your corner, with over nine billion dollars in business loans and more than one hundred and forty business specialists right here in North Texas. We help businesses thrive so communities prosper. What would you like the power to do? Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Local Business. Bank of America Official Bank of FIFA Club World Cup twenty twenty five copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation alreays reserved.
Speaker 2: To talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys for Zentnaby Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the show is brought to you by in Visi Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, alongside Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez with Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans, Isaiah out today, Patrick out today. Patrick will be back tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yes he will.
Speaker 2: He will be back once.
Speaker 8: I mean tomorrow starts like the regular podcast schedule. Granted we're getting started early. This is our time. Yeah, this is our slot, this is our slot. This is how we do it.
Speaker 2: Just go set your alarm nine am, get up, get your coffee, your black rifle, let's get this.
Speaker 7: Let's go dude. But we're no longer the first podcast of the day is you know, they know.
Speaker 2: I kind of hate it. Why because I like to be in the first podcast today. I liked after like a Monday win. We're the ones they get to throw the party at the first.
Speaker 4: Man Ladies first.
Speaker 2: But yeah, ladies first. It's fine. It's fine. Girls talk boys talk today. I love it for them. I hate it for us, Like I just wish we were the first. That's my opinion.
Speaker 7: Like being early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like being here early and be able to like set up in the in the in the room, you know, nine o two exactly, Like, yeah, I'm here at a fifteen every day. No, no later than that, you know, like if you're not forty five minutes earlier late, right, He's like.
Speaker 7: I like to take my time back up nine five. I'm just taking my time.
Speaker 6: I think the fustest thing about the schedule was yesterday when I'm gonna pull back the curtain a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do that all right.
Speaker 6: So we're in here and Josh and I kind of know the schedule, we really do. And but the Seka, I don't think she looked at the schedule, not at all. There is not a chance she looked at the schedule.
Speaker 4: So what did she gets our podcast up on the air?
Speaker 2: By the way, she yes, she yeah, is in the air. And what did she say to us yesterday?
Speaker 8: She was Girls Talk is at eight o'clock. Genuinely, no clue.
Speaker 2: No idea. It's like girls Talks at eight Yeah? Are you kidding me? I'm like, yep, yeah, here Girls Talk Boys Talk eight am, eight am Monday through Friday, starting tomorrow, starring Nicole Hutcheson does a great job on that show, and then we'll follow him up at nine am. She's great. Our comment of the day comes from Broke. He's he's starting to rack up some wins here. This one just made me chuckle. He said, is Nick Bryan's son in Brian brought us? Would you like to go ahead?
Speaker 4: And I don't know somewhere in between just say here's a guy a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's yes, so yeah, No he is not a podcast. No, Nick does have a podcast. Great point, I uhould talk about that later. All right, let's move on to uh to getting into fifty three man roster. Maybe not predictions, but let's let's hear the rumor mill. Nobody better than hear the rumor mill from Nick Harris of the fort Worth Star Telegram. What are you hearing right now?
Speaker 8: Formerlydalls Cobs dot com.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, very very put. I think there's going to be some interesting guys on this roster today. I I released a fifty three man projection yesterday on the For' Star Teller, and I think there's already a couple that I think are going to be wrong. One that I would I would probably categorize as the biggest surprise to keep an eye on. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but one to definitely keep an eye on. This team really likes Ernest Brown, so Ernest Brown is certainly want to keep an eye on. As far as like that defensive interior spot. Played really well in the preseason, had his moments in camp, but I think it was those two preseason games that he played in that really made him shine. Who does that push out? Probably a guy like Perry on Winfrey. I think it would be an either or in that situation. I don't think you can risk putting Jatoya on on waivers. I don't think he would clear them. Mazzie Smith is going to be on this team. I think I think it came close. I'll say that it came close, but he is on this team. But yeah, I would keep an eye on Ernest Brown. That didn't Ryan Product if I will go.
Speaker 8: Raiders understandable why you wouldn't put Jatoya on on waivers only because he's I mean, his traits are something that you don't have on this team. You don't have a guy of that size Canada dirt. I love it, man, give it to me every time. But Ernest Brown is said, surprise to me, I don't think that he I mean, at least to me eye tests.
Speaker 7: I don't think he made in many plays as Paron Winfrey did.
Speaker 2: And hop off the page. But you think about the possibility of Yeah, tell me why Kyle, it's I mean, it's the youth of Ernest Brown. You've got a couple of years under perry On Winfrey him. They've seen what Winfrey can do in an NFL setting before, and they're going to rely a lot on that film that he had in Cleveland and then he had coming out of Oklahoma, whereas Ernest Brown, nobody really knows about yet. I think it's gonna be between those two guys and who's most likely to make it to the practice squad if you cut them, because I think both will be a part of this team, or they'll try and keep them as both a part of the team. I don't know if they feel more confident one way or the other. I think I would say Winfrey. But Winfrey was also on waivers previously, right like he was a free agent initially wasn't playing in the league, So maybe they can sneak him to the practice squad. If that's the case, But I think overall there's still I would you choose Winfrey, I would choose Winy I think I would too.
Speaker 8: I would trust this team in this front office for picking their UFO guys. They're guys from from the developmental leagues. I mean, I think they have a good eye for it. They've picked out a lot of really good guys. I mean, look at Cavanti Turpin. You know he was coming from the UFL.
Speaker 7: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: I would trust them on this one. I really would. But Ernest Brown, if they like him, you know.
Speaker 2: Would you keep just based on your eye test, Nick, not not what you have prepared from the team, because I think the team maybe values Ernest Brown more. But I think from an eye test standpoint, I would choose Winfrey.
Speaker 4: Winfrey for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, and that doesn't change anything. Ahead of them and still gonna be Solomon Osa Manzi.
Speaker 7: And told me you didn't think you could get Ernest Brown past waivers.
Speaker 2: I think you could.
Speaker 7: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: The only the only reason you couldn't is because if it's uh, it's a rookie, and teams are like, oh, they liked him a lot. Yeah, let's plug him, you know. Yeah, that might be the one thing. I think Winfrey they probably both would make it. We say this every year where there's yeah, there's a couple guys where it's like, oh, there's no way he's gonna make waivers, and then he makes waivers.
Speaker 7: Every team has their own guys exactly like that.
Speaker 2: Exactly, there's gonna be one or two guys that don't make it. Yeah, And I don't know if Ernest Brown or Perry On Winfrey would be that guy that doesn't make it. Uh, do you want to stay on defense? You're gonna go back to offense.
Speaker 4: As far as surprises go, we're gonna stay there. Yeah, Okay, I don't know if this is necessarily a surprise anymore. We talked about it a little bit. I think Andrew Booth is safely on this roster, which, uh.
Speaker 2: It's both the indictment and uh uh non surprise.
Speaker 4: Your silence speaks volume there, Nick Harris. The biggest question that I think this this team will have to answer in these decision making process is who do they take for the last couple of cornerback spots? So you're safe, guys, Trayvon Dix, he's gonna be on the roster. He passes physical on Sunday, Deron Bland, kyr Elam and Andrew Booth. So those last two spots, you basically have Zion Childers, Israel Mukuamu, Keemon Hall. Yeah, you can take two of them. I would assume probably. I think you need to roll into the season with six corners with the idea that Trayvon is most likely not going to play in Week one. I mean you could roll in with five and then elevate one from the practice squad. That's certainly a possibility as well, but that's something to keep in mind. Also keep in mind Kayln Carson too. So if I lose you guys here, please feel free to stop me and get in between. So there are two guys that there are two guys that this team can put on IR to start the season. So it used to be the guys had to sit on the fifty three man roster for twenty four hours and then you can put them on IR. Now you can designate two of those guys just from the beginning, so they don't have to sit on the fifty three men roster. But if you have a third guy, they would have to sit. They have three candidates right now, Jonathan Mingo, now Phil MafA, and Kayln Carson. So which of those three guys do you actually put on the roster to sit for twenty four hours before putting on the putting on ir That's going to be the question. That's the roster gymnastics that you have to play with this ordeal. That's when you cut a guy like Trent Sig or CJ. Goodwin and you just have a handshake deal like, hey, we'll sign you tomorrow, buddy. I always wonder if like any of those ever gone wrong before. I've been curious. Not here, not here, I'm serious, it's never happened. I wonder if you tomorrow and then.
Speaker 2: It goes to Baltimore or something like that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I would keep keep your eye on, keep your eye on something like that.
Speaker 2: Hands up.
Speaker 4: I think there are three guys to keep an eye on when it comes to those uh uh that kind of situation. Will Greer because he's invested veteran Trent Sigg and then c J. Goodwin. Those are those three guys I would keep an eye on as far as if they're not on the fifty three men roster today. Don't lose your mind. They will probably be on.
Speaker 2: Is it Hakeema Dentergy.
Speaker 4: So Haikeema Dentergy is another fascinating conversation because the last offensive line spot is basically down to him and Johnny Cornelius. Hakeema Dentergy would not have to clear waivers because he has more than four accrude seasons. Johnny Cornelius is a rookie. He would have to clear waivers. That's a big determining factor in a lot of these things. I would expect Johnny Cornelius to be on this roster. I Dentergy to get cut, for him to come back to the practicecho and then he'll probably be the first guy up whenever an injury happens on the offensive line. They really liked what a Dentergy did in campus. Just that's the roster gymnastics. You have to play sometimes, but it's it's it's a fascinating ordeal. Also something to keep in mind, you can only keep six veterans on the practice squad, and there's a lot of candidates on this team. You talk about Darius Harris, Buddy Johnson, and keepan Dentegy. We talked about one earlier Lyle Collin. If heeward to possibly make it back. I don't think he does. But there's there's a lot of candidates that fit into that category on this team, but they can only keep six of them. So something to keep in mind.
Speaker 2: It enders, Yeah, Miles Sanders, he makes this roster. I think so too the running back position here, because that's an interesting case in its own right. Who would you pick as your three?
Speaker 7: My three would be no, sorry, keep.
Speaker 2: The electrifying going.
Speaker 8: I mean in a great game, man, he really did. He saw my cuts last week and then like you see him ball out on the third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just amazing.
Speaker 8: So I would have to keep Johnson Williams is your starter for sure, Jayson Blue and if so, we do we know film Offa's situation currently.
Speaker 7: Is he going to I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to go on ir start the year?
Speaker 8: Then it's uh, Hunter Lipkey and Miles Sanders. Yeah, I guess you have to. Yeah, the MafA to MafA was in question. If he wasn't in question at all, it would be MafA over Miles Sanders for me.
Speaker 2: And think kind of interesting. I I and I see there are a lot of people that think that way. I said it last week on talking I don't see a spot where Film Mafa's on this team and Miles Sanders is not. I just don't see that that's fair as But they don't want to get rid of him. So that's where my heart comes in. Yeah, it's a nice little stashing grounds or Film Afa where if you need him later in the year, you can pick him up at really any point, were you coughing, I did not. I are.
Speaker 4: No. I would clone Hunter Lokey four times my running backs.
Speaker 2: I I consistent.
Speaker 4: If it were me and film MafA was healthy, I would go Avante Jaden Blue film offa Hunter lucky in the sense that MafA is not healthy, put in Miles Sanders. I also really like what Molieu Davis did in camp. I hope he finds a spot somewhere league. If it's not on this team, somewhere else. I can go from the couch to the game in like four days. Ran for six yards. He was great. It was It was really cool to see. But I think that's probably what this running back situation looks like.
Speaker 2: The man that's a tough running back room. I want to take our second break here before I do. Did you guys see Ben de Nucci is doing college football, did color analysts work for CBS Sports.
Speaker 4: He's doing Bucknell and air Forces.
Speaker 2: How sick is that good for him? He got cut, had a viral tweet that was honestly hilarious where he said, there's nothing that quite hits like the seventh I've gotten cut by the NFL airport beer And he just had a picture of the beer and whatever airport might have been the Atlanta airport that he was in. But I saw bend the Nucci down on the sideline pre game and said, Hi, he was in good spirits and threw a pick on his first pass attempts. But still I'm happy for him to land in a booth. I think he's he'd be a great color analyst.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 7: He's got a good hat company. He does have a good he's doing all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be fine. He's gonna make some money with CBS. He'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Say his football career went upside down.
Speaker 2: All be here For those that don't get it, it's a hat you won't actually want. All right, We're gonna take a break here on talking Cowboys. When we come back. Trey Hendrickson's deal has been signed. And maneuvered. Does that mean anything for Michael Parsons.
Speaker 10: Right after this, AT and T has a new guarantee because most things in life are not guaranteed, like getting through self checkout by yourself warning.
Speaker 11: Each item must be placed in the bagging area.
Speaker 2: Not guarantee.
Speaker 11: Place item in the bagging area. Place in the bagging area.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 10: AT and T guarantees connectivity. You depend on deals you want, in service you deserve, or you make it right. Burms and conditions of boys at att dot com slash guarantee for details. AT and T Connecting changes everything.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 5: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you.
Speaker 11: Dear doctor?
Speaker 2: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 11: But what's the right gift that says thanks for.
Speaker 1: Being a soldier to cry out?
Speaker 5: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wiball make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Final segment Here on a Tuesday show, Good News. We're back all week Tuesday through Friday, every single day at nine am. I'll hear here, Oh well.
Speaker 7: Yeah not this Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah we are? Are we this Friday? Why would we not be? Yeah, look at the skin. I know then, I know the schedule. I'm That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Can I go on if if there's going to be a couple of players cut today that fans are going to be upset about, There's going to be a couple of players and they are going to lose their mind. If if you are one of those people that lose your mind over someone that is cut today, Let's say like a rookie undrafted kid. I want you to tag me on Twitter and say and and point back to a time where this team cut a player and he landed on another team on a waiver wire and he had like a stellar career. I'm just gonna wait on that.
Speaker 2: The biggest name recently I can think of is like.
Speaker 4: John Ridgway, John Ridgway and he's out of it. He hasn't He wouldn't have been any better.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like Isaiah Land a couple of years ago, you would have thought that this Julius Wood last year, you would have thought that they cut you know, Javon Howe.
Speaker 2: It's who would be who would be the guy that you would be super upset about it if they got.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, Like, I don't think there's a reason to get super upset about anybody.
Speaker 2: Who would What about medium upset? I would?
Speaker 8: I would throw a brick through a wallf it was Shamar James seeing that that won't happen.
Speaker 4: That won't happen. That's what like I would.
Speaker 2: I would be absolutely I could just see Josh chuck and a brick like all the windows in here.
Speaker 7: I would be so upset, but that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I don't think they would cut him. Yeah, yeah, James was a fifth round draft pick, so I don't think they really try not to part ways.
Speaker 4: I think one I could maybe see getting cut and landing somewhere else and doing all right. Is James anywhere like James Houston could probably be one like that would be I would understand maybe a little bit of a you know, an outrage over that.
Speaker 2: But again, was there ever really a spot on the roster for him? He played well the other day. Do you think he could have made played his way into a spot?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have him, I have him on my fiftieth reprojection. Okay, Yeah, so yeah, it's gonna be him or Peyton Turner. It's gonna be one of those two guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I think I would pick Houston.
Speaker 4: Houston, Do you have enough run support on the end, on the edge for to be able to justify that? Because James Houston's six one two forty Yeah, run game stuff. Yeah, that question would come down to how confident are you and Sam Williams to be able to step up in the right.
Speaker 2: Se And I'm pretty confident. I think Sam Williams had a better camp than people are leading on.
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know why there's so much slander on Sam Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah I don't. I don't understand where DUDEO is coming from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I have an idea, but I'm not going to say it here. There's there's one guy in particular all right. Speaking of bad rushers, Trey Hendrickson, one of the top bad drushers in football, wanted a deal held in just like Michael Parsons did, maybe a little bit more severe than the Michael Parsons held out then held in exactly so at least at some point there was an actual held out. Whereas Parsons has been here, he gets a raise, they up his salary to thirty million, but it's still a one year deal. What does that do for the Micah Parsons situation? If anything, It might not change a single thing, But does it change anything in your eyes?
Speaker 4: I mean, if there's anything that that does happen with that is there's there is no excuse to from the agent perspective, to come to the table like because from an agent perspective, it makes sense to wait until the market is finished before you get your guy in. Sorry, Evan as a reflix here, Yeah, I know had Wing stop last night. That's still a sponsor. Okay, good, we get the rants.
Speaker 7: It's honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was great. I think now it incentivizes the agent to, you know, come to the negotiation table. But again, there's so many nuances to this ordeal between Micah and and and the organization. I think this is a very minimal impact, if any, But I think it's notable. I'll say that because now Michael Parsons is the last one standing as far as you know, non quarterbacks. Ed Rusher's whatever you want to say. Terry McLaurin got done yesterday too, so there's another one. Now it's just all eyes around Michael Parsons. So you know, there's nothing from the agent perspective to want to hold and wait now, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean at this point, I would be very surprised if it happens this season. I mean, wow, Jerry Jones has been very adamant about he's under contract for this year and we've seen this play out before. I mean, the Netflix documentary is kind of the proof is there if Mike is willing to hold Smith?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 8: If the only leverage that he really has, if he's willing to hold out and not play games. But that would it would have to mean that you desperately need Michael Parsons on the team, and of course you do, but that's the only leverage that he has, and is he willing to lose that much money per game for the rest of the season. I don't know about that because he's been holding in this whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the time to hold out is gone. Yeah, he probably won't be in practices up until Philly. But is he going to dress out for Philly? Who knows? I do you think he's he's available? Dak said yesterday he has no questions. He thinks he'll be there. He says he expects him to be there.
Speaker 8: I don't know how you expect him to play and not expect him to be limited. I think he would be extremely limited, like pass down situations and that's about it. Yeah, I'm sorry, go ahead, Sorry, I mean no, no, no, like that was genuinely it. Like, I don't know how you you don't expect him to be limited.
Speaker 4: This team returns with the practice field on Friday. If he's not on the practice field on Friday, then I it's if he plays. Yeah, we're looking at fifteen twenty snaps. I mean it's it's it would be a rampant out there. I mean it would be it would be a disservice to him and the team. You would risk injury. Yeah, a lot of things. I don't know if this back tightness is a real thing. Well, let's say it is. You know, Oh, did you not see.
Speaker 7: Him laying down on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's trying to trying.
Speaker 2: To stretch out the back get it. It was little.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know, back tightness. Yeah, yeah, sure, contracts a really good medicine for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll work out pretty well. Pretty You get a lot of tailing on with that forty million. It does it change anything the fact that Hendrickson could have reset the market to forty one million or whatever it would have been to reset the market, and he doesn't. Instead, it's just a one year deal, and it's just kind of a hey, like, here's a little extra bread. We'll get you down the road. Maybe. Probably not. I don't think Cincinnati should be the expected resigning for Trey Hendrickson next year, right, just with it being a one year deal, kind of seems like, hey, here you go, here's a little extra cash, and then we're good with you after.
Speaker 4: Twenty Yeah, they were like, we had so much fun doing this, we're gonna do it again next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of headlines out of it. Buddy, Cincinnati. I would put them number one in the league, including this organization. In that conversation, I'd put Cincinnati number one in the league when it comes to just not figuring out how to do contracts, right, I mean it, it is unreal, how how how much they Chase I've stuttered through things like that Burrow it was smooth. It was Chase Higgins, Oh my god, Higgins, Shamar Stewart, their first round draft pick. I mean so many different things, but all in all, I don't think the Hendrickson thing really causes a domino effect really for Michael Parsons. I think that is a unique situation to its own.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Cowboys are not on anybody's timeline, man, no other than one person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his name is Jerry Jones. And in this in this case, in this scenario, I hope he's out there Friday.
Speaker 7: By the way, he had a great interview with him on the pregame thank You the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I enjoyed that. He was good. He gave us. I mean again, peeking back the curtain. Talking about Micah in that scenario is not always on the table. They really don't like it when you talk about contract stuff unless they want to be asked about it. Usually I try and stay away from that stuff on that that.
Speaker 7: Well, and he already talked about it all week, but.
Speaker 2: He had talked about it with Michael Irvin and with Steven A. Smith, and so it was already kind of out there.
Speaker 8: But I did I could have completed the trifecta with Halli Yemmens though.
Speaker 2: He could have. Yeah, I'm on the same level. Of course. The question I asked him though, to kind of lead in that one direction, was would uh has it been tough to evaluate? Yeah, it's been tough, And he talked about availability and ability. He said, of course you value ability number one, but availability is number two. And I thought it kind of pointed at Trayvon more than pointed at Micah. It pointed at both guys there. But I think Trayvon answered a lot of questions and I got to give him a lot of credit whenever they passed the physical this past week. That's a huge step for him, absolutely huge step. Not that it was anything that was surprised on his camp. His camp knew the entire time where he was, what he was doing. I don't know if this camp necessarily knew about it. I don't know if the Cowboys were necessarily that on top of the Trayvon situation.
Speaker 8: But had he been in the facility earlier, probably would have been and you know, who knows if he would have been ready for Week one definitely, you know, had he been doing that. But he took accountability for it, and he said he had a great locker room interview yesterday where he's talking to the media, and I think he was taking accountability for it. Andy had mentioned that, you know, the decision was his own and he understands why the business decision had to be made on top of that. So, I mean there's a lot of accountability there that I was not expecting from Treyvon Diggs yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'm happy that he's going to be at least on the fifty three man roster and have a chance to play Week one again, kind of like the Micah thing. If he's not out there Friday, and maybe he is out there, he probably will be out there Friday, but how much is he going to actually play in Week one? Probably limited snaps, but at least he's available. If available.
Speaker 4: I wonder if we get a practice report on Friday. I know we won't. We'll get it Sunday.
Speaker 2: Get its Sunday.
Speaker 4: It's Sunday, maybe the first one of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those days get mixed up with the game being on Thursday, which means later in the week. Here on Talking Cowboys, we're going to preview some Eagles. Man, I'm gonna whoo.
Speaker 4: That's SAE for here man.
Speaker 2: We made it very quickly. Nick, again, congratulations on your Emmy win last night. Congratulations on all success over at four Worth Star Telegram. Be sure to follow Nick if you haven't already. He's a good friend of the show, and I guarantee this won't be the last time you'll see him.
Speaker 7: First and foremost, check out Dallas Cowboys dot coming then you.
Speaker 2: Then you can go to four We're start Telegram. Once you're done reading all of our stuff and watching all of our stuff, you can go watch this stuff and a new podcast if you want to go ahead and plug that what was it, Cross Chop.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. I'll let you plug it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's it right, thank you? Yes it is yeah with John Owning Cadengates, former Cowboys dot Com producer Ye also on that show, so I want to give him some love. Nick, thanks so much. Thanks guys, are Us Rodriguez. We'll see you tomorrow. How about that? Tommy Rish will join the show, so will Patrick. Walker will be all back in the building tomorrow, and we'll start looking ahead toward week one. Plus we'll clean up whatever else we learn about the fifty three man roster moves that will happen today NFL cutdown day in Dallas. For Patrick or excuse me for Chris Beam, for Josh Rodriguez, for Nick Harris. I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow nine am. This has been a production of