Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go, Episode two fifteen, What's right with Nick Wright? Super Bowl Preview Edition? We gotta get right to it, so we have to talk about what missed the cut. Here's what is not in today's show. Baker Mayfield meekly picks the Niners on first things First, I don't know if his heart true in it. A man climbs the sphere in Vegas, and this says an NFL player attacked by a coyote. I'm gonna go ahead and call that fake news. The the way my media colleagues will just run with unattributed stories. From Twitter accounts that are loosely occasionally right. Is baffling to me. Maybe there was a coyote encounter with an NFL player attacked injured dolphin.
Speaker 3: Coyote word to attack an NFL player. Who do you think it'd be?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, that's just too many options because the the the it didn't even say it was a player in the game. There's a lot of things. Also, Coyotes are a huge over in Lake Las Vegas, where the Super Bowl hotels are a ton of coyotes. My buddy Daniel Nigranu, a professional poker player. He can't leave his dogs out at night because coyotes eat them, and so like, yeah, there's I mean, there's coyotes. I'm from a place Canciiti as coyotes. It's just we're kind of in their turf. But I don't want to talk about any of this nonsense. Hi to moons, how are you good to see? I hope you're feeling better. It's Super Bowl Thursday. We got a lot to do an all week long on my TV show. On every podcast, I shouldn't say every podcast, but almost every TV show. What has been being discussed are macro thoughts Brady versus Mahomes, Reid Belichick. What would this mean for Purdy's future? Kelsey the goat tight end. I want today to spend the first twenty or so minutes here talking about the Goddog game. Get into the x's and o's, the Chiefs offense against the Niners defense, the Niners offense against the Chiefs defense, Where the matchups are and why, I'll just go ahead and give it to you right now.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 2: I think the Chiefs have massive advantages on both sides of the football. And I do not know that this is going to be like last year's Super Bowl or the year before, where it is well, where it's close throughout last year's Super Bowl thirty eight, thirty five. The year before, Joe Burrow had a chance for a game winning drive at the end after the Rams drove down and took the lead in the fourth quarter. Obviously, the year before that the Bucks annihilated the Chiefs. I don't think it's going to look quite like that. And then the year before that it was Chiefs Niners, and that was an epic back and forth. I so let's start here, and I'm just gonna kind of go train of thought and Demond's you jump in as you see fit with any things you want to follow up on or inquire further, or if you deeply did disagree and want to push back on anything, just you know the floor is yours. We're gonna start when the Chiefs have the ball and the Niners are on defense. This Niners defense has struggled massively for over a month now. It is played poorly in both playoff games, the Ravens annihilated them. And I think this Niners defense has all this money and draft capital invested in its defensive front and Bosa's outstanding, but has been susceptible against a very specific thing the Chiefs do. And we'll get to that in a moment. Hargrave is a really good player, Eric Arms said has not been great, and Chase Young's been bad and they got crushed for their lack of effort by their own coaches. And this is where I think they can be susceptible. If you watched when the Chiefs played the Niners last regular season, where they really took advantage of the Niners. Most notably, Nick Bosa's over aggressiveness was in the Jet sweep game. That Bosa is gonna crash down trying to rush to the quarterback and McCole Hardman had the best game he had all year in little pop passes to him, jet sweeps getting around the edge. Hardman is going the fumbles be damned. He is going to be involved in this game plan. And if he's on the active roster, game day roster, Kadarius Tony might be as well, You're gonna cross your fingers and hold your breath. But that is where then Niners can be taken advantage of because they are gonna be so aggressive in trying to get to the quarterback, and if they stay honest and don't play it that way, then Mahomes will pick that secondary apart the I think this has the potential. I have a question, and yeah, go ahead please.
Speaker 3: As a Chiefs as a Chiefs fan that really wants them to win the Super Bowl, how do you feel about Kadarius Tony be enlisted back on the active roster. She was saying they were going to utilize him. Were you talking about for that jet sweep as well? So I know they do a little.
Speaker 2: Bit yes that with him for the Jets sweep and for those types of things. I don't think I don't think Cadarius is going to be active on Super Bowl Sunday. Uh. If he is, though, they will use him. And so the I don't think you need mc coole and Cadarius. The question is who do you trust more So. McCole was a good player for the Chiefs for a few years, not great, but good. Was injured in last year's Super Bowl. Cadarius played in last year's Super Bowl, caught you know, a blown coverage touchdown, and also had the longest punt return in an NFL Super Bowl history. But then this year has been a disaster on and off the field, a disaster. Hardman started the year with the jet. When I say off the field, I mean the Instagram Live and just some of his nonsense. He's been a disaster. Oh yeah, he went on Instagram. But now he is, so he is. He claimed like that it's been misinterpreted or the media has it wrong. But he appeared to go on Instagram Live and say the Chiefs are lying about me being hurt. I'm not hurt. I should be on the right, you know, I should be playing. When if they were lying about him being hurt, it was out of kindness because the other option is, buddy, you're just not playing because you've been terrible. Hardman, on the other hand, has been a great citizen and has had some great moments as a Chief. But he got He has two touches in the Bills game and fumbled them both. Well, Andy fumbled both times. He touched the ball, once reaching for the goal line, the other time they recovered it. So that's a tricky spot. But you can take advantage of the Niners on those putting receivers in motion jet sweep action. Now, if you remember, there's only been one game this postseason that I predicted the Chiefs offensive explosion, the Bills game, and they did it. I know they only scored twenty seven, but in addition to scoring the twenty seven, they fumbled at the one. They had eight plays of twenty plus yards, and they were moving the ball somewhat at will in that game. I believe that the demonse's getting his mic fixed, and we're picking that up, or at least I'm picking that up Demonse. The okay, I'm hearing Demonse, but the audience isn't. That's fine, the all right, just tell me when we have Demonse bat guys, the the Niners defense, I believe is the most susceptible of the defenses the Chiefs have played, given the conditions of the game. So the Dolphins defense is the worst defense the Chiefs played, but that game was in negative twenty seven degrees and both teams were gonna be somewhat limited offensively. The Bills defense, I understand that everyone made the fact that they were missing two linebackers due to injury the biggest story in the world, but that Bill's defense was a top five scoring defense throughout the season without Trey White, without Matt Milano. I understand they had two more injuries going into that Chiefs game, but that Bill's defense was still legitimate defense. It was outdoors on the road, and the Chiefs lit them up, and then the Ravens. Stephens is a great defense, and I did not think Kansaity was gonna have a ton of offensive success. I just trusted the Chiefs defense in that game, and that ended up proving out to be correct. I believe this is the game most likely of this entire playoff run to lead to a monster Patrick Mahomes game. Now he's played clean football, he has played smart football. He has not yet had a monster game. He also has never had a monster start to finish Super Bowl and one of the underrated. Just keep it in your the back of your mind. Facts about this game is Patrick Mahomes in a dome. So Mahomes in his career has played ten games in a dome. He is ten and oh. He is averaging three hundred and fourteen yards per game passing twenty five yards per game rushing, so three hundred and forty yards per game. He has twenty three touchdowns, He has two picks. He has a one to ZHO five rating. Mahomes in perfect conditions has been essentially impossible to deal with his entire career. So you have a Niners secondary that is susceptible, a Niners corner in Chevarius Ward, their best corner. They're All Pro, second team All Pro corner that is a former Chief, and the Chiefs know better than any team in the league what his weaknesses are.
Speaker 4: You're going to have Stu the Oh Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Yeah four and oh in allegiant field. And you also have Travis Kelcey with an extra week of rest, which for an old player who has when he's looked healthy this year, he has looked like vintage Travis Kelcey, and when he hasn't looked healthy, he has looked like the end is nigh. And so you have all of those things. I'm sorry Rashid Rice got banged up in the second round game and wasn't as explosive in the conference championship game. He has an extra week. You also have one of my favorite gadget guys of this entire Mahomes era, Jerck McKinnon, who has come off I are and might be eligible. And if the if the touches that were going to Clyde Edwards a Laire now go to Jerrick McKinnon, that is so massively positive for the Chiefs. And I haven't even mentioned Isaiah Pacheco, who we saw this Niners defense get run on by Aaron Jones get run on by the Lions. So I think the Chiefs offense will.
Speaker 4: Have buck that well.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the kickers in a minute, because that's an important part of the game. I think the Chiefs offense is going to have its best game in months, and I think this is going to be a thirty plus point evening for the Kansas City Chiefs. I think thirty one, thirty four type of points for the Chiefs, not a score, but in that low to mid thirties range. Now we go to the other side of the ball when the Niners have the football. So the Niners have obviously the best collection of weapons in the league. And I know, despite the fact that this Super Bowl media Week might as well have been renamed the Brock Purty Coronation Week. I know, and you know, and Kyle Shanahan knows, and most notably Niner fans know. What they want in this game is thirty Christian McCaffrey touches. They can say all they can, pretend all they want about Brock Purdy, about how much they believe in him, about how little faith people having him. Niner fans want the ball in Christian McCaffrey's hands. There's no way around it. The hope for the Chiefs defense is that the Niners psyched themselves out like the Ravens did. The Ravens saw Patrick Mahomes on the other side of the field, saw Mahomes move the ball up and down the field, saw the Chiefs daring them to pass, and they couldn't help themselves. The Chiefs for some of that, and that was also some there is something, no matter what the media says about the Chiefs offense and mahomes in the same no matter what that is, other teams play the Chiefs like they're terrified Josh Allen's throwing laterals on the third and seventeen the Ravens are abandoning the run. They play the Chiefs like we have a superhero on the other side of the field that we're gonna need to match points with. So if the Niners stay committed to the run, that can cause some real problems. But if the Niners make this a drop back passing game, Chris Jones is gonna ruin their lives. So Trent Williams is one of the greatest left tackles ever. Charles Emena, who the Chiefs big free agent acquisition, would be rushing up against Trent Williams. Charles the Minaho unfortunately blew out his ACL So it's gonna be Mike Dana. It might be for Felix, their first round draft pick, who's been a healthy scratch for a couple months. Here's the thing on that or for a month, I should say for Felix, Trent is gonna erase anybody on that left hand side. The Chiefs are going to line up George carloftis their last year's first round pick, who had the quietest double digit sacker of anyone in football, on the left defensive end position, and they're gonna line up Derek I'm sorry, I almost said Derek Thomas. Sorry, p Derek Thomas, one of the greatest Chiefs ever, Chris Jones right next to him on the left tackle position, and they are going to cave in the right side of the Niners offensive line. And if you've been watching these playoffs, you know what you've seen a disproportionate amount of in the playoffs and throughout the season with the Niners offense tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. Brock Birdy as balls batted down. Brock perty is susceptible to bat at passes because he's little, and the Chiefs are as good at that as any team in the league. And so I trust the chief secondary more than any secondary in football. The Chiefs lineback Listen, every linebacking corps gets tortured against Shanahan. You're gonna have to deal with some of that with Deebo running shallow crossers, and you just got to get him on the ground. But I would be putting lagerious snead on Brandon Ayuk and a race Brandon Ayuk and then say, George Kittle, who as great of a player as George Kittle is, you know what he doesn't have on his resume big postseason moments. So George Kittle has the one massive play. What game was it in I'm trying to remember. It might have been the Cowboys game two years ago.
Speaker 3: The go ahead demant say if there were two years ago, I don't know if it was the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I was talking about last last year. I mean last year's playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last year, That's what I meant. Last year in the playoffs. It might have been the Cowboys game when Kittle out a massive game. But George Kittle in his postseason career has played eleven games. He's forty four yards per game, he's three catches per game, he has two total touchdowns. If George Kittle beats you, he beats you. He's a very good player. But you're you've gotta you can't sell out to stop McCaffrey. You know, put your best corner on Ayuk and then give them nothing. That's why the Niners are so dangerous because they have all these weapons. But I think the Chiefs can create massive pressure. I also think the first Super Bowl element of this for Brock is a real thing. I think the fact here is an underrated It seems fake, but I promise you it's not story of this game. In these playoffs, Brock has started slow and then found a rhythm the super Bowl, because halftime is so long, is almost like two thirty minute games. There is no rhythm you can find that maintains after a twenty five minute usher concert. It just doesn't exist. And so it's one of the reasons Mahomes has been able to overcome spotty first has in his two Super Bowl victories, and so because then it's like a new fresh game and you can get out and you can maybe script another opening fifteen if that's what the coaches have done during the week. So I think the Chiefs defense, which is here's the element. The three best defenses in the NFL this year were, in no order, the Ravens, the Browns, and the Kansas City Chiefs. Brock Purty played the Browns earlier this year. He completed forty four percent of his passes through for one hundred and twenty five yards, one touchdown, one pick of fifty five rating. Brock Purty played the Ravens, you know, a month and a half ago. He threw four interceptions against these dominant defenses. He has struggled, and so I think there are real advantages for the Chiefs on both sides of the ball. And then DeMont say, who's the person you mentioned that I said, we're gonna get to later.
Speaker 5: Oh, Harrison, Bucker Harrison. But yeah, who is.
Speaker 2: Building one of the best postseason resumes this side of Adam Vanteri of any kicker ever, I think he already has the record for playoff fifty plus yarders. He has been nails on everything but extra points, oddly enough, throughout the entirety of the Mahomes era. And you have him on one side and rookie Jake Moody, who has been shaky at best, on the other side. That's another significant advantage. And so I understand people knew I was gonna pick the Chiefs. They expected me to explain why the Chiefs were gonna win. But if you have listened to me in these playoffs, my analysis of Chiefs Dolphins was the Dolphins are not prepared for the Chiefs defense and those elements, and they are not gonna be able to move the ball. They were the number two offense in the NFL. I was right. My analysis of the Chiefs Bills game was the Bills defense was not going to be able to stop a locked in Patrick Mahomes Chiefs offense. I think my prediction for the game was thirty four to twenty four Kansas City. It ended twenty seven to twenty four Kansas City because of a fumble at the one yard line. And then Chiefs Ravens. I said that this game is not getting to you know what. To be fair. On the pod, I threw out kind of a cursory score prediction for Chiefs Ravens, and then on the TV show we did the whole thing and I said nineteen thirteen and nineteen thirteen was my bets were aligned with that what I said on TV and ended up being seventeen ten because I thought the Chiefs defense would dominate Baltimore. And so what you have is Patrick Mahomes, who has in every Super Bowl played a great defense. In fact, fun fact, the top two defenses in the Super Bowl are let me make sure I get this right, are eighteen and eleven. Top If you have a top two defense, your team is eighteen and eleven, but they're eighteen and eight playing everyone but Mahomes or Brady. Brady is one to zero when facing a top two defense. Patrick Mahomes is two to zero. Both of his Super Bowl wins came against the top two defense. This Niners team is nothing close to that. Defensively, I understand they have already been trying to work the refs and trying to get holding calls, so be it. Let them do it. They are not gonna be able to deal with Kittle, Rice Pachecko and Patrick Mahomes. If they dare drop in zone coverage, will absolutely annihilate them with the I'm sorry if they are not in zone coverage, pardon me, and they are playing man, he is going to annihilate them with the quarterback scramble game. This, honest to god, feels like a game that could get away from San Francisco where they have to lean on party like they did the Lions game, and this is not gonna have dropped pick six is like the Packers game, or balls bouncing off defenders face masks, and the Chiefs are not the Lions defense, and they are certainly not the Packers defense. And this feels to me like the culmination of what will be one of the most impressive seasons from a quarterback we've ever seen. A guy who refused to throw his teammates under the bus when people demanded it, a guy who dealt with the most drops of the last decade in the NFL, A guy who at various times looked like he wasn't totally right. Getting to the postseason and facing a team that was the number one seed throughout parts of the year in Miami and crushing them, a team that went into the year as the secondary favorite in the conference and was the two seed on a seven game winning streak, and doing whatever he wanted.
Speaker 3: To annoyed as if there were some crazy team this year. You even said to yourself, you know, like, what are the Bills? What version of the Bills are we going to get? And I don't think it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I crazy feat for the for.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs to go in there and beat the Bills, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But they were the underdogs, weren't they They were were like a point and a half or something. No, no, no, no by three and a half, three and a half, three and a half. Okay, yeah, they were the underdogs, they were on the road, and we can all pretend we can fake the history, but we all know that going into the postseason, the Bills were considered by everyone but me, one of the most dangerous, if not the most dangerous team in the conference, the hottest team in football, and that the Chiefs were considered a wounded animal on the side of the road. And then every game they won, we made it about something other than them. The first game was it was too cold for Miami. The second game was, oh, the Bills kick or missed, as if with a minute forty left the Mahomes wasn't gonna go down and rip their heart out. And the third game was gosh, Garnet Baltimore forgot to run the football. As opposed to the Kansas City Chiefs having the perfect game, playing defense infensively for every single opponent, totally different game plans for each opponent, and then on the Chiefs defense has given up two big plays this in three big plays this entire postseason. One Tyreek Kill doing Tyreek kill things for the only Miami score of the game. Two the first touchdown to Hollywood Brown, where Lamar did Lamar things, had eight seconds, ran around, did an amazing job and Holly as I said, Hollywood Brown, Sorry, Hollywood Brown. Plays for the Cardinals used played for Lamar to say Flowers and he got lined up on a linebacker. And the third one was a Chief's mistake, the big Zay Flowers play, which they made up for by punching the ball out two plays later. So the Chief Stefens has risen to the occasion, and Mahomes is on the longest non turnover streak or non interception streak in NFL playoff history. They have gone on the road, they have beaten the They've beaten the favorites and back to back games. And while the Niners are about to face far and away the best defense they have faced all postseason, and far and away the best quarterback they have faced all postseason, and they have struggled throughout a lot of the postseason, the Chiefs are about to face a struggling defense that is not nearly what they faced in the last round and a middling quarterback that is not nearly what they faced in the last two rounds. And for all those reasons Kansas City thirty one, San Francisco thirteen in a start to finish, toward to force by both on both sides of the ball. And we will then have to revisit all of the folks who throughout the year when they were writing the Chiefs off, we're saying, if Mahomes could win a Super Bowl with this team, it's not only as great as accomplishment, it then makes you rethink some of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 5: Stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, three days away, quick break, right back, What's Right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right Episode two fifteen, And this episode is brought to you by US Bank. Winter can be a drag. Thankfully we have sports to get us through this part of the year. And if you ask me, nothing goes together like your favorite teams and your favorite foods. Actually, when it's cold out, you got the NFL Playoffs, you got Pro basketball. You can hang out at home until finally the weather gets nice and the US Bank Altitude Go Visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of your living room. Earn four times points when you dine out or have food delivered. You can order a pizza and watch the game on your big screen TV. You can order two times points at grocery stores, which is great if you decided to cook make some nachos at home before the game, and if you're willing to brave the elements, even getting to the game can be rewarding. You'll learn two times points at gas stations and EV charging stations. So go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred dollars if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go visa signature card. Visit us bank dot com slash altitude go to apply and live every day your way. Limited time offer a credit or insure of this card is US Bank National Association pursuant to a license from VC USA, Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, demons, let's play a game before we get to the gambling portion of the show, which you'll have more prop bets. Obviously, since you guys know what my pick's gonna be, but the game is likely maybe what if go right ahead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so first up, we got our Brock party. So what do you think people will be saying about him after the game. It's likely that, oh, wait, you actually just take it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's likely that people are like, man, what are you gonna do? It's up against my homes and that's Chiefs defense. You know why. It's likely people all of a sudden come, you know, to the realization that this Chiefs defense has been a juggernaut all year. It's likely that maybe the Shanahan paints his masterpiece and he's got guys running wide open, and Brock Purry has a few key scrambles and a few more of those fifty to fifty balls go his way, and he's a super Bowl champion, And folks are out here trying to convince you that because of that, he's you know, clearly one of the four or five best quarterbacks in football. And then the what if is what if.
Speaker 3: Those they lose and everybody blame Shanahan and says that party's the goat. They're like, oh, Shannon, well, team not the team, but Shannan must be the problem. I know it's super like yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's gonna happen. But I think think that there is a chance that some of the dancing through rain drops that he's been doing thus far this postseason, those splatter on him in this game, and that he has a performance similar to the one he had against the Ravens. And the what if is what if Brock Purdy's future is the unquestioned starting quarterback for the Niners is put into slight question. I think the likely outcome is they lose, he gets very It's not about you know, the blame. It's about the accolades to the Chiefs, the defense, Magnolo and Mahomes. There is a chance he plays great I'm dead wrong and he wins. And the what if is what if he plays so poorly? That's you know, Mike Silver in the Bay Area Right to column saying Kyle should at least call up Kirk Cousins and see if he'd be willing to take a significant discount. I don't think that's Again, that's not the likely outcome.
Speaker 3: But it's on the board directly aligned to your prediction of the game. She said it'd be thirty one thirteen if ends up being thirty one thirteen, I feel like that what if is super likely.
Speaker 2: Well dependent, I not necessarily. Thirty one thirteen could be about the Chiefs just kicking ass. Thirty one thirteen with a hat trick of party turnovers is a different story, all right.
Speaker 3: Next next up is Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift. What happens with them in this game?
Speaker 2: So it's likely that they went. Let's assume the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. She comes down on the field like she has every time she hugs Travis, they kiss, They have a nice moment. He goes and celebrates with his teammates. That's well, he's got to be Super Bowl MVP for that one. That's so that no tight ends ever won the award. It'd be great if Travis got it. Also, oddly, no player has won three consecutive Super Bowl MVPs for their team. So Brady has five, Montana has three, Mahomes has two, but Brady, it went Brady, Brady, Dion Branch, Brady, Brady, Julian Edelman, then Brady with the Bucks, Montana, it went Montana, Montana, Rice, and then Montana again. Bradshaw only won two Super Bowl MVP, So Mahomes has a chance to be the first guy ever to rip off three straight as far as in super Bowls that he won. But it's likely that it just goes the way it's gone before. Maybe I don't maybe the Taylor is on the podium with the because sometimes the wives are up there, and I know she's not a wife, but maybe she's on the podium. I'm gonna tell you the what if that I'm concerned about that the parade for the Chiefs that I will be at is so much more complicated this year. Last year, it's not like it was smooth sailing, but it was lase fair enough that I ended up, you know, with Patrick and Travis, and we had some nice moments before, during, and after the parade. I think the if tailor's involved there might it might be like the secret services there, and so I don't know how how that's gonna complicate the potential parade.
Speaker 3: All right, next argue, Yeah, arguably the person with the most to gain and lose this weekend is your tattoo artists.
Speaker 2: Likely, I don't understand that this tattoo is gonna go down as one of the greatest sports prediction tattoos, ever, and the fact, and I still can't figure out how to show it to the camera. I apologize, that's.
Speaker 5: The best you've done right there. To be honest, it's.
Speaker 2: The best I've done. I guess this is the angle that I need to show it to the camera. And now I'm screwing it up again. I can't figure it out. It's because I'm like, I'm looking at this in a reflection. It's weird. Uh, it's likely that never a Doubt? Is that at the parade I see people with never a Doubt tattoos, not only the temporary ones that we are sending out, but actual tattoos like the guy sent to us. Maybe during the what I maybe this goes down as something people mock me for, but I'm not that concerned about it. The what if that I am not gonna lie I am holding out hope for. Is that Patrick Travis Andy or Chris Jones, one of them on the podium getting the trophy says never a Doubt. And I think that is on the board. I don't think it's likely, but I think it's on the board. And we don't have we don't have to get into like Demond's don't reveal anything here. But if that happens within seven days of what happened last Saturday, I think I likely might have peaked professionally as far as my teams and my guys, uh, really embracing what I do, it would have I don't know that it could get anything.
Speaker 3: It's more likely that that happens than Brock Pardy winning a super Bowl with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, you've come around. I on my side this now.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's not even necessarily the rock Party. The ball looks heavy as hell when he throws it, and.
Speaker 4: He's just like, thank you.
Speaker 5: You just don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think the scenario where he does beat Patrick Mahomes. I think that if they do lose that game, or if they win that game, then Patrick Mahomes had a really bad game, Like he had to have had a really bad game.
Speaker 2: Right, which is which I think against the Stevens is unlikely. Also, by the way, for the audience, I can pinpoint the moment Demons turned on Party when Purty lucked into a victory over Jordan Love and Demona has to deal with on all these shows, folks ranking Party ahead of love. He's not here for it, and he's angry. He's pre he's uh preemptively angry at coming twenty twenty four quarterback rankings that has party ahead of love, with people using that playoff game as evidence that is said.
Speaker 4: Was the moment because he should I don't think that he should have won that game that was.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. All right, let's go to the gambling. Uh, listen, we told you we were gonna have to go three and oh conference championship weekend and playoff weekend and Super Bowl weekend to get above five hundred for the playoffs. Well, we went two and oh conference championship weekend, so we are now at six and six for the year. We're forty eight to fifty two and two. So even with winning the super Bowl, we're gonna finish. Let's say we get the Super Bowl, right, we're gonna finish forty nine to fifty two and two. So three games under five hundred. Because we're real gamblers and we incorporate the viig, that would mean we'd be down eight point two units on the year, which I gotta say, not a total disaster, not great, nothing to be proud of, but the fact that we were able to claw our way back to where a couple games go different. Currently and we're at five hundred, We'll take it. You guys know what I'm going with this week? Kansas City plus two and a half Kansas City money line. Uh. And so that's obviously where I'm at. I'd also be on I guess the under, but I, oh, it's plus two. Okay. The line's been fluctuating, all right, demanse Uh the oh. So you have a question for me though, So go ahead. Do we have a Brandon I? U?
Speaker 4: Yes, so last year said and uh, let's for the quote board.
Speaker 3: If I were to bet on this game, I would take everything that I own, get it in cash, and.
Speaker 4: Put my money on the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Considering your record this season, do you think that maybe you should take that same approach?
Speaker 2: No, listen, I I have made uh three consecutive large wagers on the Chiefs in the playoffs. I made a do the math five unit wager on the Chiefs against Miami. This is, by the way, not the way to gamble.
Speaker 5: Kids. Don't do this.
Speaker 2: A eight unit wager on the Chiefs against the Bills on the money line, and then a six unit wager at plus one ninety on the Chiefs against the Ravens on the money line, and I have done the same. I think it's a five unit wager on the Chiefs plus one hundred against San Francisco. So I have despite the disaster that was some of the preseason picks and the weekly gambling, I'm gonna finish a winner this season. If the Chiefs end up winning the Super Bowl. I'm gonna finish a huge winner this year because of the playoff run. But that's no way to gamble. I don't recommend it, but I'm not gonna then further leverage this football game. That's just the fact of the matter. And then, so by the way that we already know all the numbers, Mahomes is the best underdog quarterback ever. He's ten to one and one as a dog against the spread. He's nine and three straight up. He's never lost at Allegiant Stadium, he's never lost in a Dome, he's never lost to the Niners. All of those things are all those things are good for the chief side of this all right, time for the player props two rights, one wrong demands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're gonna get right.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yeah, two wrongs. One right.
Speaker 3: We'll give you three props. You pick the two that you don't like, and you pick the one that you want.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: So first off, we've got passing props.
Speaker 3: Mahomes over to sixty and a half at minus one fifteen, and we got Mahomes over one and a half passing touchdowns at minus one sixty. And you've got Purty over a half interception at minus one forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen of those ones. All take the party interception. Wow, party's throwing a pick. Here's the reason on the Mahomes stuff. They if I'm right that they're gonna have control of this game, they're gonna run the ball a lot. So the Mahomes passing yards are not necessarily as tasty as you think. Mahomes rushing total over twenty six or wherever it's at. I love that bet. I'm gonna make that bet.
Speaker 4: I love that bet.
Speaker 2: I like Mahomes to have at least two passing touchdowns, but minus won sixties too much, and Purty's going to be trailing and going to throw a pick, So those I would take the Party at least one interception, all right.
Speaker 3: Next I'm taking the party. I'm taking the Mahomes over passing yards there but anytime touchdowns, anytime touchdowns score Kelsey minus one ten, Christian McCaffrey at minus two to fifteen. There is she Rice at plus one thirty.
Speaker 2: I mean McCaffrey's the smart bet, as they if these odds were at all close. But minus two point fifteen is too much juice. If I believe the Niners are going to struggle offensively, I'll take Kelsey. Kelsey's legitimately behind on a pert So here's Travis Kelcey's all time playoff rankings catches. This is not amongst tight ends. This is amongst players catches first all time, yards per game first, all time, yards second all time to Rice, touchdowns second all time to Rice. What Kelsey is in the postseason and now he has an extra week off is one of the greatest players we've ever seen. Kelsey's gonna score in this game. All right, we're not these fake bets. Okay, go ahead and do them. These fake bets are ridiculous, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: Wait, dart throws are fake bets.
Speaker 2: Oh, dart throws. Let's do dart throws. Sorry, I like to start throws so much more, And that way we can skip the fake bets, which I don't like them.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, dark Malmes, Malmes perfect passer rating at plus six thousand, Octopus at plus fourteen hundred, uh Kansas City comeback, win in final two minutes and win at uh yeah at plus thirteen hundred. Also go ahead bet yeah yeah. Party has better odds to have a perfect perfect passer rating at plus four thousand. And last year, the producers pitched the octopus to you, and you called them dumb for it, and it hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it hit I didn't know what an octopus was, for the record, I'd never heard of it.
Speaker 4: No, but they explained it, and you still called it stupid.
Speaker 2: No, I know. And by the way, of those three dart throws, that's the one I like the most, the octopus. Ahay, the octopus. The actual dart throw that I that I am the most intrigued by is a safety in the game. So the good punters backing you up and then the refs being on this high alert for holding or party pulling a Jimmy g and running out the back of the end zone or something. The safety is a dart throw. I would like Mahomes isn't gonna have a perfect passer rating, and the Chiefs aren't gonna need to come back in the final two minutes. So of those, I like the Octopus the most. All right, this is the one now that I will take over. So Demanse's teasers this year have been a disaster, but I demand's am going to throw you a bone here and I will place. I will give you a teaser free role. I will place it. If it loses, you don't know any money. If it wins, I'll give you the money.
Speaker 5: How do you place a teaserundo one game?
Speaker 2: Well, so you tease the score and the total. So this is you're obviously going to go with teasing the Chiefs up from plus two to plus eight. Correct, that would be the side of this you would want, yeah, correct, And I know we have it a plus two, but where I where I gamble, it's where I gamble it's plus two and a half. So do you want to tease the total down from forty seven and a half to forty one and a half so you would have over forty one and a half, or tease it up to fifty three and a half so you would have under fifty three and a half. Which side of that would you.
Speaker 3: Like over fifty three and a half or under forty forty one.
Speaker 2: No other way around, other way around, either over forty one and a half or under fifty three and a half, because the actual totals forty seven.
Speaker 5: And a half. I'm just gonna take fifty three.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take under fifty three and a half. Sorry, that's the side you want, all right? Then I will lock it in for you, pal Demonse's teasers, the Chiefs plus eight and a half and over forty one and a half, Because the way we're gonna break this streak is going against your teaser gut, and so you are getting the io. You're getting the opposite of the side you wanted. Demonse's teaser Chiefs plus eight and a half and over forty one and a half. I needed to ask you that to figure out which side you were going to be on, so we would go the other way. Over forty one and a half is what you're pulling for, and for the Chiefs to have a one score game, and if it comes in, Demanse, you'll be made whole on all your losses for the year.
Speaker 3: On good wait, dude, I didn't like that, So I'm really confused on what's.
Speaker 5: Going on right now. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What do you can do?
Speaker 3: I understand that of the Chiefs plus eight and a half, So you were just asking me what I wanted on that thing, So you can put the opposite.
Speaker 4: But I think exactly total made a lot of sense though, but a.
Speaker 2: Full total sounds So you said.
Speaker 5: Win for me, it's a win win for me. It's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Of course, if it hits, you get money, and if it doesn't, you get to say I cost you money. Yeah, of course, it's a for you. It's exactly what you wanted and it's a free will, all right, demanse, what's the offer this year?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: So last year we hit the offer in the Super Bowl and it was at plus eight hos.
Speaker 2: That was an underrated moment for the show that we gave out eight to one in the Super Bowl and we hit it. But yeah, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: We had a bunch of offers that hit last year, I think.
Speaker 3: But this year we're using the same integrations to double down for better odds. Chiefs money Line plus Kelsey anytime touchdown score plus Kelsey over seventy and a half yards plus Mahomes over twenty six and a half rushing yards at plus eight point fifty.
Speaker 2: It in, hold on, lock it in. I love it. The only concern there is in a great is the kneel downs count as negative rushing yards and Mahomes being at like thirty yards and then taking knees and going under. The Chiefs Niners Super Bowl famously, Mahomes had cleared demands a his over rushing prop by twelve yards and then they went into kneel downs, but they didn't. They needed to take the knees and burn like ten seconds. So he did super deep kneel downs and lost sixteen yards on him and so it went to an under. But yeah, I think Mahomes. I think Mahomes could have forty five. I think Mahomes could have forty five yards rushing in this game. I Mahomes also has not scored a rushing touchdown all year. I kind of like him in this spot. To score a rushing.
Speaker 4: Mahomes anytime, they also touchdown.
Speaker 2: Score anytime touchdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so odd, crazy.
Speaker 2: I doubt you know what I'll look. I doubt it's as good as you think. Because even though he hasn't scored in a long time. It is right now, Mahomes He's plus three seventy to score anytime touchdown. So it's not quite as good as you would think. But I might place this bet and then also place this bet replacing Kelsey's touchdown with Mahomes touchdown. And in fact, I just want to see real quick, if I were to do that, if the if I were to do that, the hold on receiving props Kelsey over seventy and a half and what was the last one, oh, Mahomes rushing yard homes. So if you do it where you replace Kelsey touchdown with Mahomes touchdown, it goes to plus sixteen hundred. So I might I might place both of those, and then demand's a what's the odds on my exact final score?
Speaker 3: So Kansas City defeating San Francisco thirty one to thirteen is plus thirty five thousand.
Speaker 2: So three hundred and fifty to one.
Speaker 5: That is very fiew to one. Yeah, put a.
Speaker 2: Little taste on that. We'll put a little taste on that. We update you guys on your great never doubt tweets. We do that and answer your questions next What's Right. Welcome back to What's Driving the Great Episode two fifteen. Do you want a free haircut from Supercuts after this year's Big Game? Well, if the final score of the Big Game meets or beat seventy five points, you could win a free haircut at Supercuts if you register at Supercuts highscore dot Com. Why seventy five points, Well because Supercuts has been cutting Americas Harris since nineteen seventy five, and seventy five just so happens to be the highest score ever of the Big Game. So while last year's game came just two point shy of seventy five, the over seventy five hit four times this regular season. So we're looking for the over on the Supercuts high score of seventy five points for the chance to catch freak at Supercuts nationwide. Had the Supercuts highscore dot Com to register, read the terms and conditions for eligibility. All right, Demon's we've got a never a doubt tweet check in. We can just kind of roll through these. We've got so many good ones. I can lead us here if need be, because I know it's small on your end on the screen. We can just go full guys with all the tweets and just roll through them. Zach d says, I told my mother in law that if I was stuck on a desert island, and I'd choose Nick right to be stuck with because he is never at oubt. Mentality will help us survive. True story. See you at the parade, Zach D. I think you're getting a tattoo. Jared Langford says, I've been rolling with the Chiefs from my entire life. Style points never matter as long as Kensady came out on top. Hey, Jared Langford, if you're watching this, I had that same Joe Montana T shirt growing up, that exact same cartoon big head. I just got hit with a wave of nostalgia. I had that exact same t shirt growing up. All right, next next tweet, if we could. This is from Ross Buyers. I believe because Patrick Mahomes at plus one thousand for anything is ludicrous. Lifelong diehard living in the hardest San Francisco couldn't stub at watching the game with Niner fans. Where to instead? He went to Brazil? Wow? How about that? And he bet on the Chiefs at plus one thousand wins the Super Bowl before the playoffs started, all right. Next, Steven Harve says, with the Chiefs since August, my normal unit size is twenty bucks. Had to load up on this team and not be hedging before Sunday because I'm a goddamn gambler. Well done. I will admit I'm a Lions fan. Had on some on them as well. You know what, that's all right. Way to not cash out, that's well done. He has showed us a couple chief spets there, Papa Wood, he says, never doubt, because I've had this lock since September third. Oh, so he's got Oh, this is great. He has a Chiefs Niners super Bowl EXACTA fifty to win fifteen hundred. So that's a great ticket that he has there at Caesars Sportsbook. All right. Next, do we owe this guy with a chief super Bowl with a Chiefs tattoo with three Lombardes Bronco Lise and I'm worried I'll run out of Lombardi space. Yeah, I mean you've got room for two more kind of in between the first and the third. But yeah, eventually that could happen to you. Do we have anymore? I don't know how many more we have writing. Dallas says riding with the Chiefs because he's a Dallas fan. I know what playoff chokers look like. Sam fran fits the bill Casey doesn't well kind of shot of his own team, but that's fair, so listen. Thanks to everybody who participated in Never a Doubt. We've shipped out the tattoos. Can't wait to see you guys with them. Post your pictures please from your Super Bowl parties and hashtag never a Doubt and tag the show at What's Right and we'll tell you next week if we have some of the tattoos here at Trintage for people who are in the New York area to pick up. But yeah, tag at What's Right show and hashtag never a Doubt. You had any thoughts to monsay or you want to get right to the listener questions?
Speaker 5: No, this is perfect. You brought us right into the first question.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Producers asked, do you like people coming up to you in public? I think there's about to be a tweet for those watching.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so this guy whose name on Twitter is actually right sports Takes, but there his own takes. It's I guess the same name, said pretty sure. I was just on the train with get Nick right, too scared or starstruck to stay hello. I'm sure people don't like being fans bother them, especially on the train, and love your podcast. Always keeping brew and Wild's and check hashtag. Never a doubt. Always say hello one hundred percent of the time, Say hello, I am. I actually talked about this with some friends last night, shout out last night. I think I can say this publicly. It doesn't matter if I can't. I'm going to Brian Koppleman, the guy who created Billions and the guy who created wrote Rounders, great Hollywood guy. Uh. I became friends with him through Bomani and When. While Koppleman has been trolling me about Brock Purty all year, he also invited me last night to a poker game at Hank Azaria's house. So, Hank Kazaria, who's the voice of the majority of the Simpsons characters. He's also Brockmeyer. I mean, he's a he's a legend. I was, Uh, it was great, it was really really cool. I also was the big winner in the game. Thank you. The So we were talking kind of about because a lot of the guys there were finance guys. There was a this this guy's name I won't name, but there was a legit document billionaire who almost has bought a couple of sports teams in the game. It was not a big game, by the way, It was not like high stakes or anything, but there there was real, real money at the other end of the table from me, and some of those guys had no idea who I was, so we were just kind of like Hank introduced me and we were talking, and I said then that I have the perfect level of notoriety, which is the vast majority of the time I go totally unnoticed, but a couple times a day I get the little dopamine rush of someone being like, hey, love you love the show. And occasionally you get you know, something for free, or you know, you get better seating somewhere. So it is. It is the perfect level. I don't even want to say fame, but notoriety. I think being legit famous would be exhausting, but I so if you I understand why if you're Brad Pitt, having people come up to you and say, I, you know, love your stuff would suck. Suck is the wrong word. I would imagine I would imagine they especially now you're so much more noticeable on that knee scooter. People are before they were like is that demanse? Than they see a scooting around and they know. But uh yeah, Like so for legit famous people, I think it's hard. For me, it's great. So yes, please always say hello? All right? Next?
Speaker 3: Uh, Will Johnson asked, do you ever see do you ever see yourself preseason picking anyone else other than the Chiefs to win the AFC in the next say, five years?
Speaker 2: I mean probably not. If Mahomes is healthy, they're gonna be the smart pick. Now, you obviously don't win every year, but the they're gonna be the smart pick as long as this team is the team and Mahomes is healthy, So probably not.
Speaker 3: Next Padrino, If Travison Taylor get married, would Nick get an invite?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I mean Travis and I are cool and friendly, and you know I was invited when he hosted snl uh and you know they're there, and but there's as someone that is putting together a wedding. Yeah, no, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry the.
Speaker 2: But I was about to say as someone who is currently putting together essentially a wedding guest list, because my wife and I are doing an actual wedding slash renewal of LS. It's there are so many people that you have to invite because of family and and people have been in your life forever and all these things that in that unless you're having a thousand person, you know, mega event, there are people that you know, you are friends with that don't get invited much less you know, Travis and I don't have. Now, my buddy left Goo might be invited. Left Go is the host of Inside the NBA when Ernie's not doing it the Tuesday right Inside the NBA. He and Travis are legit friends, and he and Jason are legit friends. He could be invited, but I don't think i'd be. In fact, I know I wouldn't be invited.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Next negative four and two as which do you think is the most interesting matchup? Kelsey and Kittle, Ward versus Rice, or Trent versus Chris Jones.
Speaker 2: So Kelsey and Kittle is not going to be a matchup, right, It's just because they're both tight ends. Ward versus Rice. More on that in the moment. The Chiefs are not going to use Chris Jones against Trent Williams. They're gonna, i think, line Chris Jones up on the inside and then if they are, if he is on the edge, it'll be against the right tackle. I think most of the time, Ward versus Rice is the most interesting one, and I think Rashie Rice will win that matchup, all right.
Speaker 3: Last one, Matt ass are there Black and Milds in the house.
Speaker 2: There are not right now, but there will be. There will be, And I'm I'm very excited for Sunday. I wish you were here, Pal. I'm sad that we can't watch it together, but it'll be. It'll be a great time and I can't wait for it. I was gonna say, we should try to get you the invite to watch it at Wayne's house, but my guess is he's gonna be at the game. He's gonna probably be He's probably gonna be in Vegas at the game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I'm gonna be watching from my house. I think so much better. I totally agree that Super Bowl is a different thing. If my team weren't in the Super Bowl, I think I'd be more interested in going if the super Bowl, you know what I mean, had been if the Super Bowl were Ravens line. Yeah, well I just wouldn't enjoy it as much and be trying to talk to me. Coach man Jeanie, I think is going to watch the game with me. He understands, you know, the very specific rules about talking and you know, rooting and things. But yeah, so I'm excited for it and should be a good time. And maybe what.
Speaker 5: In that game?
Speaker 2: I know he he loves Andy, and so I think he's rooting for Andy. Uh, And I think he has a good relationship with Spags and so he really likes Patrick, and I don't think he knows Patrick personally, but he loves Andy. I think all things being equal, he would probably like to see me in pain. But the Chiefs got to this point that, uh, but hey, maybe if we do an ig live demansay, maybe you can do it with me no obligation. There's another instance of me throwing things at that with no but we could Yeah, we could do that. All right, good show, everybody, hope we gave out some good gambling tips. This was a hell of a football season for this show. Our first football season doing stuff remote. It was great, and we're gonna you know, Tuesday, We're gonna have the show Tuesday and then sorry, there's another thing where I'm just giving producers news on the fly. If the Chiefs win the super Bowl, no show Thursday, because I'll be at the parade so won't be able to do the show. We will definitively do the show Tuesday, and then no show Thursday. Transit. Well, we're gonna have to figure it. We've got a lot of stuff to figure out. But I'm letting you guys know right now, big show on Tuesday, where either Brock Purty has defeated my Chiefs and made them you know, a question of if it's a dynasty versus the Chiefs have won, been the first team to win back to back in twenty years and are minted as a dynasty. I cannot wait see you guys on TV at three o'clock.
Speaker 5: What's right?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Nicker right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus. Writing on a number of YouTube subscribers will help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out appreciate SHO