Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shakey. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us?
Speaker 2: What again? Yes? Man, we are in January of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're celebrating Martin Luther King.
Speaker 2: Yes we are. It's the Martin Luther and the King. Yes, yes, speaking of that, and I know we just just because I can't think of Martin Luther King right now, unfortunately without thinking of Jonathan Major and his reference to Coreta Scott like what stopped stop talking about her?
Speaker 1: That is so extreme.
Speaker 2: It's that weird, really extreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the memes are hilarious where they're like this is what he wants her to look like and it's like, but you.
Speaker 2: Can't ask a white woman and a black woman to.
Speaker 1: Be your caretta.
Speaker 2: No white woman has.
Speaker 1: Can I do?
Speaker 2: Who CORRETTA. Scott King is?
Speaker 1: And can we pick somebody else? Maybe? Like can we?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: And more in modern day times like Beyonce jay Z. Yeah, Michelle, he did, he did? Reference he did?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: Yes, he did. But that is the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Well, before you ask a woman to be Kretta, you gotta be Martin.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: And you got to stop running from white women in the streets to La and the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, he's like, I'm a good man. I'm out here doing good things. Like dude, you're an actor. You're an actor, Well you used to be an actor, right, you ain't an actor no more? I feel, I mean, I hopefully he can redeem himself because I think I'm on his side with this case. You know, I think he just got caught up in a really bad situation with maybe somebody that was a little problematic and called whatever brought him into that mess. But you're an actor, not Martin Luther King. No, you are not changing lives. You are not fighting for equal justice.
Speaker 2: Where is shall I have a dream speak? Right?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: We had not seen that.
Speaker 1: What movie was he in?
Speaker 2: He was in? He had first of all, the movie he was in, he had on a COSTU wasn't he a Marvel costume?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Superhero? You're playing a superhero?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Martin Luther King was actually a real one. Yes, yes, So anyway, moving on, we digress. Okay, shady moment of the week, Robin.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go first. So mine is it's not my shady moment. Okay, this is Wan's shady moment.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this. Okay, get good.
Speaker 1: No, and actually, if this is and I want to share it because it's it's one of those important things to share.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So one term forty five in October. Yes, I did you know that? You didn't know that?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I never thought about how old he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's forty. I mean we're like a few months apart. So I'm forty four, he's forty five whatever, blah blah blah, and so he is. He was doing the diligent thing and signed up to get his colonoscopy. Oh nice, Yes, have you had yours? Have you had one?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm glad you asked tell me one story first. I was happy because there's colar guard.
Speaker 1: I do know about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I did that.
Speaker 1: You did that?
Speaker 2: Okay, and I'm negative and that will I'm good, I think for three years.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, but like, how accurate and thorough is it? How thorough is it is? The question?
Speaker 2: Okay, So if y'all don't know what color colar guard is. You have to basically capture, right, you poop in an anything and then you then you mail it all right, okay, have I not?
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about it because remember I was talking about all of my nutritional stuff I was doing, and I had to do a stool test and I had to ship in a in a paper bowl and mix it all that. Sorry, I get to mix it up? Yeah, no, I just had to put my I just had.
Speaker 2: To basically close it up and put it in the box and ship it all. Okay, So on the outside of the box it said color guard. So when I brought it to UPS, the mayor knows what is right. You can see how he did not want to touch that box. I was like, here you go. He was like, can I get my glove? He's like, oh lord, no, we roll my hand sanitizer. He just gave me a look. But anyway, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: So so well one sign up for the real deal thing. Okay, you go into the doctor's office, they put you to sleep. Yes, they put the thing up up your button, all through your intestines and all that type of stuff. So in order to do that and I don't know about color guard. You have to do a prep a day before, you have to stop eating certain things five days before, like.
Speaker 2: It is, yeah, you got drink the berry.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot, right. And this is on the heels of him going through the stomach virus. Okay, so he, you know, poor baby went through the stomach virus thing and then had to turn around and get ready for his colonoscopy. So he was good. He was like, you know, I'm getting this done because he had a best friend that passed away from colon cancer when he was forty. So Wan is like very much like I'm getting my stuff done, right, yeah. Yeah, So he's very diligent on getting his stuff done. He got his prostate done because his biological father, he found out, had issues with prostate cancer and all that. But oh wow, okay, so colonoscopy time comes. He goes through all the prep. You can't eat for however long, you gotta drink all this stuff. He's clearing you out, and he's just like, oh, it's like the worst experience in the world. Okay, his worst, but you know, I'm there, I'm support all right. So he goes for his colonoscopy. It's supposed to be an hour procedure. Yeah, I'm you know, I'm his I'm his ride, I'm picking him up. I'm sitting there. I'm like waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting. Two hours later, he's ready, Okay, So the doctor comes out. He's and then he's you know, coming out of his anesthesia and stuff. So the doctor comes out and he's like, yeah, we couldn't complete his colonoscopy because they could only get halfway through his intestine because for whatever reason, his body just it just wouldn't. The scope could not get all the way through his intestine. And they're like they felt like the harder they pushed that they could have punctured something. So they yes, horrible. So he's like, so what does that mean. So the doctor's like, well, you know, there's some options. There's COLI guard, there's something else. And he said, or you can go to like you know this doctor at the at at the hospital that specializes in this. He's a really good doctor. You know, I suggest you go do it again. He's like, I have to do this again.
Speaker 2: So let's back up. He's suggesting that he do it again. Did he see something is he concerned?
Speaker 1: So I was asking all the questions. I'm like, is there so is it concerning that you couldn't get through? And he was like no, He's like, it's rare, but it happens. But there's there's no reason. There's nothing concerning, right, and the halfway that he got through, he didn't see anything, but he still has a whole other half to get through. And what is just like he is beside himself. He's like like, I ain't doing this again.
Speaker 2: I have to do it again, okay, but like the kolonosque is only good for how many years? Five? Five? Five years?
Speaker 1: So he's like, I gotta so he's I mean, and so we try and it's so crazy. So then we're calling the other doctor that they recommended. You couldn't even get through the line. We haven't been able to call. Why it was well, it was this was like I think everyone after the New Year is like making their appointments and stuff. It's just you were on hold forever until I just hang up and give up. So we haven't on purpose hang up on purpose. So he hasn't made his appointent yet, but he wants to get it done sooner than later. Yeah, but it's just can you imagine going through all that and and they can't complete the test. No, yeah, that's to do it again. That very much sucks, right, but it's so important that it gets done. So he's going to make sure he gets it done, and he wants to do he does want to do the colar guard. He like, he wants to do the full on.
Speaker 2: And he could just do the col of garden call it a day. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean Carly shaking her head a little something.
Speaker 2: Only because they've they've had some issues. He's had some issues in his family.
Speaker 1: No, no, he hasn't had colon cancer in his family. But I just think the colonoscopy is the most accurate test. Okay, hold of guard can't maybe can't see certain I don't know, like polyps. Yeah, I don't know that coligard can catch the polyps. They might be maybe can detect something abnormal in your stool, but they might not detect a poll up.
Speaker 2: I feel sorry for one's booty hoole has been violated. It's about to be violated.
Speaker 1: Again, right, And he was like, all work because so the Dodgors obviously have like you know, the interns. It was like five interns, like young students, and he was like, he was like, they were in there looking at my booty hole.
Speaker 2: And they're like, that's one from that's one from the Real Housewives. Bootyhole. Listen, all they do all day is look at booty holes. Okay, this is what they do.
Speaker 1: That's what they studying for. Like, they're not worrying about your booty.
Speaker 2: I think about your booty. Hoole wine speaking of booty holes. And we don't want talking about Kat Williams because that might have been the funniest conversation ever. We will get tack a second. Let me tell you my the reason we shady moment. It's nothing to do with booty hoogs, thank god, because that has to do with my child. Okay. So Grace went back to college. Yeah, and she was she went, she flew back on she was flying back on a Sunday. That flight was canceled for whatever reason. American Airlines, y'all just decided to cancel flight. Oh my gosh. So then the next day they rebooked her on at five am. Do you know what five am flights look like? So death, how do you so?
Speaker 1: For you you you're a early bird, and I'm telling you five am is too early for me. That's torture. Yeah, it's straight torture.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, this is this is five am. But I said, you need to go on that flight to make because she had a class that Monday. So I was like, get on the five am. She said cool. So I had to take her, of course, to the airport. Were driving down the street at three thirty in the morning. We get there and I had to check her bags. Huh, she's got these two big old suitcases. So I had to go to the ticket counter because the regular when you just dropped the bags off, that was closed because it was too early in the morning. So go to the ticket counter, give the bags. The lady says to me, this is where a shady park come. Lady says to me, well, let me go ahead and process your ticket so you can go to the gate with her. I said, go to the gate. I said, what you mean she thinks she was five? Said, she said, you don't want to go with your baby to the gate? My baby, right, I said, this is a grown ass girl, and it's four o'clock in the morning. Now, no, I'm half.
Speaker 1: Sleep wait, so you got out of your car.
Speaker 2: Grace said, mommy, can you help me, like check my bags because she had two bad She really needed help. She had two big suitcases. So yes, I was out the car at the ticket counter and I so she said, where's your idea or whatever? I said, no, no, no, no, I'm not on this flight. I said, this is just for her. She said, okay, well, then hold on, I'll just give you a ticket so you can go to the gate. No no, I said, no need. And then she says, you ain't gonna go with your baby. I looked at that woman like, if you don't shut the hell up, I ain't going nowhere. She's not a bit. She's short, but she is not a nough And so Grace is looking all puppy eyed, like said like she wants me to come for girl. It is four o'clock in the morning, and goodbye bye. Ain't get some a's okay when you go back to school the end.
Speaker 1: That is hilarious. I'd have been like, kick you out of the car.
Speaker 2: No, I couldn't do that. But anyway, that is my shady moment. So all these ticket ladies, it's cute, but mind your business.
Speaker 1: Do you think she thought Grace was twelve?
Speaker 2: She knew exactly who I was, and she knew Grace was going back to college. Okay, okay, the end moving on. Let's get back to booty holes. We're going This whole conversation is gonna be boo.
Speaker 1: Can we shout out our sweaters furs? So, if you're watching us on YouTube or wherever, we are both wearing our real Housewife of Potomac cashmir sweaters that were gifted to us by none other than Andy Cohen for Christmas. And Andy sent one to every housewife from every franchise and every every summer, every Christmas he sends a gift. Yeah, and so this was our gift this year.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that the Salt Light girls got real House Potomac sweaters?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I made that up.
Speaker 1: You know what I was lying?
Speaker 2: No, Andy did it right?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, these are super cute. So last year he gave us like a varsity jacket that had real house a Potomac on the back. And then like we've gotten a candle, a really big big candle before. Yeah, and then we've gotten probably like what four years in a row, got notepads with our names on it, which I love, but I have endless I still have them.
Speaker 2: I still have them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we still have them, different sizes, different.
Speaker 2: We got share to the point where we had to tell Andy stopp it right.
Speaker 1: There were no pads note cards like you could send little thank you notes and all that type of stuff with them. Super cute. So and it's so funny because sometimes I'll watch episodes of other shows and I'll see someone with their notepad with their name on it, and I'm like, and you and we know where it came from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw Candy Kenny was the only person that I've seen with this sweater on Candy Burrs. She had hers on.
Speaker 1: So you know who I saw with it on the girl Monica from Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Oh, hers is getting take back. She can't have her us nomore. We gonna talk about her later, so I can't have her as more.
Speaker 1: After like her episode came out where they reveal that she's this reality Vontee's page or whatever she had. She she had some type of photo shoots. Yeah, right, and she took a photo in her real housewife of Salt Lake City sweater and you know posted wherever I saw wherever it was reposted, but yeah, she was. She's very proud. I have her her Cashimer sweater from Andy Listen.
Speaker 2: I also want to talk about these jackets because I actually like it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, these jackets are bomb.
Speaker 2: So we are part of Black the Black Effect family and we love them. So for Christmas, they gave us these Black Effect bomber jackets. Right, So they have like the big logo on the front and then in the inside this is the cool part. Inside has all everybody's logo. That's cover art. I'm sorry, cover art that's on the on Black Effect. So you know you'll see us in here a couple of times. Rble Decision Girls, so cute, eighty five South Boys, So this is cue so bomb, super super cute and it's heavy so and Charlemagne, y'all did good with that. Yes, And I also want to tell you, by the way, I just saw aie and because you know, I went to St. Barts for Christmas, so he was asking me about it and he was like, oh my gosh, she sounds sounds so fabulous. He was like, you know, where did you stay? I said, you know, I rented a villa. He was like, you and Erica stayed together, and I was like, no, she had our villa. I have my villain. He was like, what's the going right on these us? I said it it's range. You can get a fifteen thousand dollars villa or seventy five dollar villa. I said, but next year I'm gonna do it big. He said, okay, oh my gosh, that's so good. I said, so I need a raise. He was like, all I walked into that. I said, yes she did, and I'm serious, Yes, I need more money. Give me my money. All right, we're going back to booty holes. Okay, So got Williams?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so have I I've only seen headlines and clips when somebody said he interviewed for three hours. Yeah, I checked out. My my attention cannot handle that couldn't handle.
Speaker 2: I cannot.
Speaker 1: So I need you to give me all all the t okay, so stuff.
Speaker 2: I have a disclaimer. Okay, disclaimer is I've seen a couple of Cat Williams stand up. It's they've all been funny. But I always kind of thought he wasn't like the smartest dude in town. Like I just I just I don't know. I was just stereotyping him. I'm like, because he talks like this and he has that mollis and I'm always thinking he's like born online act. It was like an act. So cal, yeah, right now it is cal. He called me. He was like, oh my gosh, is that. I watched the whole thing? And I was like, you watched the whole thing. I said, I'm gonna watch the whole thing. I was up in New York. I was bored to tea, so I watched the entire thing. Yeah. Number one, Cat Williams is a smart dude, okay, period Okay. Number two, his voice is his voice, yeah, okay. Number three, Shannon Sharp is not a good interviewer. Okay, Shannon, you gotta do better.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have you had, you had follow up questions you wanted him to ask if he I mean because.
Speaker 2: Shannon takes eight years to ask a question. He's like, oh, okay, what you're saying is okay, no shape the club, Shay, Shane. Okay, but get your journalistic skills, okay, like hone your skills Okay. So I was so entertained by this interview because Kat Williams ran through the entire comedian field okay, and he told I believe everything that he had to say. Really, I believe everything he said about Steve Harvey, about such as the entertainer, about the King's comedy about unfortunately Kevin Hart. I believe it all.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what did he say about Steve Harvey?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry. The reason why we're talking about booty holes is because his has been saved.
Speaker 1: Okay, who his haskat Williams.
Speaker 2: Cat Williams has not had to have his It's been preserved, yes, oks, not had to have it penetrated for him to get.
Speaker 1: To get where he's Okay, unlike everybody else.
Speaker 2: This now don't come for us. This is what Kat Williams words, not out, not hours. Okay, everybody can. Everybody's booty hole is their business.
Speaker 1: So he said every everybody else everybody.
Speaker 2: He kind of was implying, if you at the top, your booty hole has been penetrated, okay, or you have suck a penis or two. Now, ain't not wrong with sucking the penis if that's what you want to do anyway, Okay, let's get back to the situation. So I think I don't even know why, Well, I guess let's go back to just Shane and Sharp interviewing him like, I don't I don't Eve, I don't need think.
Speaker 1: Right, where did this originate from? Why did is he promoting something? Was he promoting something?
Speaker 2: Nope? I just think they were on board, okay, yeah, and they just wanted to drink some hennessy. I don't know what happened. Oh, okay, Carly's given us the teach because Carlie always knows the tea. I have to job. Yes, So they've been working on this two is what working on? What the interview?
Speaker 1: To get on the show?
Speaker 4: Since?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Shannon Sharp has been asking Cat to get on the shows twenty twenty two now. In the meantime, he has had Steve Harvey on the show, and he had the entertainer and Ricky Smiley. Oh, poor Ricky Smiley. He just tore him anew he did, and he's I mean Ricky Ricky and then Ricky.
Speaker 1: And then afterwards I saw Ricky responding to this.
Speaker 2: Did Ricky respond or just Ricky just turn on his camera and start crying. Oh Ricky just cried on camera, just left. It was so sad. No, no one has come out to say that Kat Williams is a liar. Okay, no one, okay, and he's through all of kunder.
Speaker 1: Who can we get on reasons?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. We're gonna get to that in a second, Cat Williams. We get Cat Williams some reason to be shady. Carly, get your get make your money. Honey.
Speaker 1: We need somebody else, We need someone to.
Speaker 2: Who Oh you know, we get you know who we can get? No, we can. Let's get Tory Hart. Oh, because Tory Hart is going on tour with Cat Williams. Williams, She's gonna spill the tea, Carly, make it happen. Okay, So Carly's on top of that. And I just feel like, you know, Cat was very clear, like twenty twenty four, people just telling their truth. If you happen out here lying and doing some shady shit, it's coming to light.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, because Cat Williams decided it was coming.
Speaker 2: To life twenty twenty four, twenty four. It's a whole.
Speaker 1: It's all going on to give me the big I need the biggest bomb. That he dropped the biggest one.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was a big bomb. I think it was just all very clear that Steve Harvey stole people's jokes. So that said the entertainer, So oh he did. He did give his flowers to Dave Chappelle, because you know, Dave was the goat. By the way, I saw the I'm all over the place. I saw the Kevin Hart Chris Rock little Netflix special, and it gives you, like the behind the scenes when they did that little tour together. Actually they just did. They did five days. They did I mean five places. I think they did it around New York. Anyway, it gave you an interesting perspective of what they go through in their process. He gave I think he he left Chris Rock alone because you're like, this Rock is his own entity through Kevin Heart straight under. Yeah, he's a plant plant. He's an industry plant. Like I don't know what that means, because they say Corey Gable is a plant too, Corey gamble.
Speaker 1: Corey gamble Kah, the Kardashians, Christ Janner's boyfriend. Okay, didn't you talk about the Illuminati?
Speaker 2: He said he's not a part of the Illuminati because his booty hole is still preserved.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the ones who's.
Speaker 2: I think I made that up. Okay, I just made that up. She made that up, curly, Okay, Okay, yeah I made that up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so he's but he he said the Illuminati is responsible for.
Speaker 2: For Kevin part guys, oh, for Ludicris. I might have fallen asleep. I might have fallen asleep during that part.
Speaker 1: Listen to Them has twenty million dollars and ten movies and ugly like your wife, and one does not.
Speaker 3: If you sign up for their program, you get a light skin, weird face wife that never do an interview listen in twenty years, won't do an interview. Nobody's ever talked to her. Understand, I'm not talking about one person when I just told you applies to seven people.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, we're not gonna talk about Ludacris's. I think she's a very pretty lady. Which, by the way, I have a story about her. You're not a really a story? Yeah that was we're digressing, come no, no, no, no, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I met her like, I met her years before she dated Ludacrous. She actually came to my house and she was dating a guy that want to play basketball with in college, and it was just like the most random memory, and I just remember her coming in and for whatever reason, like she had like her hair was like nice and straight, and I'm complimenting her on her hair, and she was like, oh, it's a keratin, and I was like, what is a caratin? This is before I ever heard of a carotin treatment.
Speaker 2: So now anytime I.
Speaker 1: See her, like, she was like, oh, it comes from Brazil. And she was a medical student at the time. Yeah, so she's like, it comes from Brazil. She was the first person to ever put me on too a caratin. So whenever I hear about a caratin or I see her, like, when I hear about a caratin, I think of her, and when I see her, I think of a caratin. But it was just weird because she was like there was one of my friend friends had dated the guy, and so we were sending her a little bit of weird energy, you know what I'm saying, and a hater. We were like rob. We was like grilling her, like asking her like fifty one question.
Speaker 2: Yes, so she probably hates you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So I wonder if she remembers that that's so, because I.
Speaker 2: Want her to call in at do your job, figure that out.
Speaker 1: And then I saw years later she was married to Dayton Ludacris.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's that girl. Yeah, she seemed like a sweety fie. Yeah, speaking of Carly, do your job. So February first, the reasonably Shady Shapeers, Robin and Giselle will be in Philadelphia. Get your tickets, okay. And the reason I mean, Carlie's gonna be with us, of course, and she's you know, she has a lot of work to do. But anyway, oh my god, Okay, why does Curley have a lot of work today? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just got to, you know, make sure we're good. Yes, and Philly, we love Philly. Yes, someone did I want to read. We're going to read one of these emails. We'll go in the next episode. But they acknowledged that what I said about Philly fans is true.
Speaker 2: Okay, so but get your tickets, get very first city winery. Carly has invited Jalen Hurt Hurts. Jalen's coming.
Speaker 1: He's going to get booed. The Eagles are losing.
Speaker 2: That's fine, we'll give him love to Carly. Make sure he gets there. Send out an invitation to his people, Okay, because he is our v V V and VI P Okay, okay, so very important.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to be accused of false advertising.
Speaker 2: No, Carol's gonna invite him.
Speaker 1: She's going to invite him. That doesn't mean he's going to be there.
Speaker 2: He may. He's probably coming. Tell him he has two tickets. He can have him plus two. He can come with his two friends. Okay, okay, his girlfriend if he wants to, he's going to get booed, or she can. He can leave her at home. Anyway. Invite anybody else in Philly.
Speaker 1: We need to invite Meek mel meet.
Speaker 2: Definitely invite me and oh the people, the people, the couple that we like. Who's the couple that we like? Don't him can that was on this shows? That was on this show. There's a couple that was on this show.
Speaker 1: Jill Scott.
Speaker 2: God damn it. Invite Jill Scott. Okay, please invite Jill Scott. February Fresh. Guess who's really gonna be there? What show they were on the show, Robin or we did their show, this show that we did their podcast show.
Speaker 1: Devail, Yes and Philly from don't.
Speaker 2: They aren't they from Philly? They're from New York By the way of Philly, New York. Jill Scott's going to be there. Okay, So Robin Dixon and Gazelle Bryant's will be in City Wine and Re February first.
Speaker 1: We can only confirm that we're going to have a good old time.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna act a plump ful. Now, you know, twenty twenty four is Virgo season the entire year, according to what everything I've read. Everything I've read, it is Virgo season. What does that mean for twenty That means it's Virgos are going to do amazing things. Okay, So if whoever else is a Virgo, if you're listening, just not, this is your year. So you better do it this year because next year wrist fruit. So get it in this year. God damn it. Okay, so you know there's a new Oh I digress for two seconds. So this morning when I was coming to your house, Yeah, I saw the little Michael Strahan story, Yes, with his daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, So sad I saw that too, So you know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get through the Okay, I'm all over the place. Let's rewind for one second the Cat Williams interview about booty Holes back Shae Shay has had like forty million downloads of this interview. Yes, and somebody said you need to run Cat Williams that check, and I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: So Shannon, I don't know what you don't have to tell us, but run Cat that check because that I mean, it's like tripled anything that he's ever done in the past. So run him that check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully they compensate him, because yes, that's but I'm just I can't believe people. Actually, I can't believe he talked for three hours.
Speaker 2: Because it was holly entertaining. They were smoking, they was drinking. Shannon wanted to get up and leave about a hundred times. He said he was gonna get black balled and canceled. I mean, it was amazing. Okay, So let's get back to Michael Strahan. I could not get through the interview with him and his daughter because it was just I was about to bust out crying, right, and I think she's fine, I think is she? I don't know.
Speaker 1: So, So Michael Strahan today on Good Morning America, they revealed that his daughter, his nineteen year old daughter, has a brain tumor, brain cancer. Brain cancer. Yes, she had a four centimeter size tumor on her brain. But where has she had surgery yet? So her hair was gone gone, so I assume maybe she has her had her surgery. I didn't I didn't catch the whole interview. I did see like a little clip an announcement saying that she had brain cancer.
Speaker 2: Right, I can't watch any parts of it. Yeah, so I know that she has She's a twin mm hm. And I remember when they were born, only because you know, I have my twins yeaheah. And I've always like kind of like followed those girls because just they just seem to have like such a connection like my twins. So when I saw it, I was like, I started to watch it, and I was like, I can't do this because it's you know, I'm just gonna be crying for the rest of the day. So we're just gonna pray for everything to work out. Yes, absolutely, those are our prayers. So Michael Strahan, we praying for you, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: As well as Sarah Sidner from CNN, she announced that she has breast cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I don't know who that was.
Speaker 1: She's She's like, well, you know I watched CNN. All Okay, so she has breast cancer, prays to her, and she was just very adamant, like, ladies, get your mammograms, so you know that. I definitely get my mammogram every I do like I'm supposed to. But everyone, just get your check ups, like I said, get your eidoscopies, your mammograms, yes, your whatever it is, your screenings. Please And the words of my kids, get your titties smashed. Have they been in there when you get yours?
Speaker 2: No? But they're like, oh my god, I don't want to get my titties smashed. And I'm like, okay, y'all are crazy, right, you got some time. But like I do, they even know that that's what happens. But that is really what happens, because the girls talk about it, not with me, amongst themselves. Okay, yeah, but yes it is. It is a smashing of going on. Can you imagine if men had to get their balls in the same way that we have to get our breast checked. It is a ball smashing going on. They wouldn't be able to take it. By the way, I'm only saying this because we have a man in the room right now. He's so uncomfortable he wants to run out of here so fast. Okay, anyway, moving on, I.
Speaker 1: Actually would like for them to get their ball smashed.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, yes, ball smash.
Speaker 1: That would like that would be like the loudest highest pitch squeal shriek you've ever heard in your life.
Speaker 2: Yes, but why don't they get their balls checked in that way?
Speaker 1: Do you guys get your balls checked?
Speaker 2: Do you get a smashed? They do not, I'm telling you right now, they do not.
Speaker 1: But you can get testicular cancer, So how do you get your bass checked right?
Speaker 2: That they should have a mammogram? Okay, moving on, listen, I want to talk about that these got during airplanes that the doors are falling apart, windows exploding. What the hell is happening?
Speaker 1: Do you think that was done on purpose?
Speaker 2: What robin no liability? Liability?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like if someone trying to bring is there someone on the inside working for the terrorists and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, okay, we're going to loosen up the screws and bring a plane down. Okay, first off, you don't know what we're talking about. Alaska Airlines flight was in air and the door flew off.
Speaker 4: Now the videos from inside the plane, so cling on social media here are downright frightening. This Boeing seven thirty seven max Andine was just sixteen minutes into the ride from Oregon to California when a door plug blew off and according to the Associated Press, the gaping hole scene there on the side of the plane was opened. We're an aircraft maker if it's a plug to cover an emergency exit that the airline does not use. The FAA grounding all of the types of seven thirty seven maxinines involved until it's quote satisfied that their safe.
Speaker 2: Now I'm on that plane, I am like, oh my gosh, my life's over.
Speaker 1: Yes, and nobody got hurt.
Speaker 2: No one got hurt, not even a cell phone. You know, a cell phone flew out the window. It is fine, right, But y'all can't. I can't keep a battery like the charge charge for more than seven hours, but it falls out the sky and it's for the time.
Speaker 1: They must have been a fifteen, so you have like a ten. They must have been a fifteen.
Speaker 2: Listen, I gotta go to all thirteen and I'm happy about it. Listen that the seventeens are coming out. How do they go from aut fifteen to a seventeen. So, first of all, let's back up. I keep trying to tell y'all these flights are not right. So is this gonna cause you? Oh, now that I think about it, first class was in danger because if the front door went open flew off. Was it in the back of the plane or was in the front of the plane.
Speaker 1: I feel like where that door was was like the emergency exit row.
Speaker 2: It was, yes, it was once. First class is fine again. I keep telling y'all that middle section that's all help breaking loose back there. Okay, Now, now, they said that there's an iPhone seventeen coming out, and they said it's gonna change your life. Okay, how so they haven't said that yet. They haven't given us all that information, but they said it's gonna change your life. So what happened to the ten lap drop, thirteen, fourteen, all of them others. Why has my life not changed with.
Speaker 1: The Well, they all changed. So it's possible. It depends on what feature you use that you enjoy.
Speaker 2: Did you know I'm trying to look it up right now. Okay, the new iPhone seventeen feature is changing people's lives. Okay, let me see what the feature is is that a.
Speaker 1: Software update or an actual phone? Because how do we skip from a fifteen to a seventeen?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but they said that the seventeen, the iOS seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's software. Oh okay, good, we can download that. Oh okay, it's ser update.
Speaker 2: It's a feature oh in the photo app that identifies laundry care symbols or clothing tags aimed at helping users understand proper garment care.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to stop read a headlines. That is a that's called clickabait. Okay, this is very sorry, it's very poor.
Speaker 2: It's gonna change our life. So we now know how how are people who wash our clothes? Because I don't watch my people who watch their clothes? You doubt it. People go to the iPhone seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but speaking of that, that is so do you ever look on the well since you don't wash it clothes, you don't, but other normal people will relate to this if you look inside the care tag, Yeah, you're clothes and never does. It's just a bunch of symbols. It's not washed in warm, hang dry, tumble dry, It's just symbols. Right, And you're like, okay, I'm just gonna throw it in the washing machine or wash it like I'm not. It's so so, Yes, that's helpful. Yeah, if they're gonna have some sort of app or whatever a feature that will translate those symbols, because they're very frustrating and annoying.
Speaker 2: Okay, I find them in.
Speaker 1: A lot of like Zara clothes that okay, yeah, I do want to tell you about a feature on your phone.
Speaker 2: Did you know, okay, please please.
Speaker 1: That you can measure things on your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about the speak that is it on the thirteen? It probably is, Okay, it's on that, it's on the app. I mean it's on the the thing with the microphone.
Speaker 1: You can just type in the word measure, like okay, Like you know, when you search your phone, just type in measure and a little measure app comes up. Oh right, yeah, and then you like pick one spot and you go to the other spot and it tells you how how big something is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I love that.
Speaker 1: That's life changing.
Speaker 2: Is it life changing? Yes? Because so I don't I don't know if that's life changing it is. How often do you need to walk down street and measure something?
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes when I my house, I might like be wanting to get a new piece of furniture or something I don't know, and I'm like, oh my god, I gotta get the tape measure. It's all the way in the garage. That has happened, yes, many times, and I have don't go into my garage, into the bin, the plastic bin, right, come in the house measure it put the tape measure back, right, so they they make stuff coming in for lazy people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if and back to the debate about measuring penises, it's easiest right there, boom, no excuse, measure that thing, no excuse listen. Yes, good. So you're saying that you're a ten inch, but you're really six and a half. Proven, Yeah, prove then on my phone out. So starting April tenth, April tenth, because this is this all ties into booty holes and measuring penises, okay. Starting April tenth, twenty twenty four, Brazil will implement a new requirement for travelers from the United States, Canada and Australia, mandating them to show a bank statement with the balance of at least two thousand dollars in their account. This requirement is part of the new eVisa application process. It includes the most recent thirty days of transactions. Okay, then want to make sure you ain't broke when you get there. For whatever reason, I don't know why, but this is gonna stop all the bachelor parties. Okay, there will be no more holes of penises in Brazil.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody going?
Speaker 2: No one's going, okay.
Speaker 1: Because they don't have two thousand dollars a pretty much BACHELI Okay, So to get into Brazil, Yeah, you got to show that. You got to because they want to make sure you can get out.
Speaker 2: Well, they want to make sure you can pay the bill. You know, the bill from the hotel. You're a liquor bill, You're a strip of bill. They want to make sure everybody gets paid.
Speaker 1: That is wild? Is that true?
Speaker 2: This is a reliable source I have on my phone here, okay, And this is a reliable article.
Speaker 1: That that feels a little invasive of your privacy.
Speaker 2: What because I appreciate that, and it should be reciprocated. We don't want nobody coming over here broke, do we That happens a lot, It happens. Listen, I would want to know. Listen, this helps out all kinds of events. Think about freaking it back in the day, think about like Memorial Day in Miami.
Speaker 1: But how we can't discriminate against people that don't have money.
Speaker 2: No, we got to be able to travel, and you should be able to travel enjoy things. Okay, listen, but okay, okay, I'm just saying they gonna, they're gonna, they're gonna separate people one way or the other.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna tell you something. The United States will never be able to pass that. Why they just won't because because no one will, like, they won't get enough support to pass that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's not happening. That's not happening. Now, speaking of there's this represented from Florida's a woman. I can't remember her name. Maybe Carly can look her up because we pay Carly the big bucks. She went the hell off the other day. And we don't really get into political conversations and we're not gonna have one now. But you just need to pull up her rant because it wasn't a ran. It was just like her retort on what on they were discussing January sixth, What the things she was saying? Babe? Okay, Carlo, Yeah, what's the name.
Speaker 1: Did I miss that?
Speaker 2: Joscelyn somebody? Maybe I can't remember her name? What's her name? No, that's not her. That that she that's that. It's not her anyway, Okay, So we'll find it. We'll find it. We'll let y'all know. I need to talk about Martell. Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: That's the guy from Loving Marriage Huntsville. Yes, that was dating Chara right briefly, right briefly okay, and now has been arrested for domestic domestic violence. Right, but do we know details on that?
Speaker 2: M Let me see what I have in my in my trustee, let's see here.
Speaker 1: Do you have any insight? Until?
Speaker 2: No, he was the He is in police custody in Alabama where he's been arrested for misdemeanor domestic violence charge domestic violence charge?
Speaker 1: And is that related to his ex wife or related to like maybe a girlfriend that he's still dating. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not your ray, we know we know that, right, okay, because that would not end well with Charak. So I just want to say, because I love Shara, maybe I'm happy that that's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I feel like you dodged a bullet. I'm sure she's happy too.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I could just hear his ex wife. What's his ex wife's name?
Speaker 1: Melody her voice.
Speaker 2: I can just hear her right now saying mart Hell Martall, Martal Martale, what kind of trouble have you got, yoursefing? You know we got four kids, Martale. Oh my gosh, we're gonna take care of the kids, Martale. I can just hear it right now. Oh, we're saying that. So I'm a need for that man to get out of jail.
Speaker 1: You know, we know some people that know some people down there, so we could we could do in Alabama, we could dig up some info.
Speaker 2: We can't listen. I just want y'all to know something. I can dig up info on anybody, not to okay right now, Robin. On the other hand, she is the FBI, and she I don't want your dirty info either. You don't want my info?
Speaker 1: No any what, let's say it.
Speaker 2: I don't want it. I don't want it. I don't want you don't want you don't want to detail. Okay, we have a couple other things to discuss here, Robin Dixon. What oh, let's talk. Let's get into now. We're gonna definitely get into this on the Patreon. Okay, but let's get into right now, the Salt Lake City of it all. Oh yes, okay, okay, because the world was extremely intrigued and wanted to give Heather Gay an Oscar for Emmy Emmy.
Speaker 1: That's TV Oscar's Movies.
Speaker 2: An Emmy for the season finale right of the Royal Housewives of Salt Lake City, which, by the way, I watched in its entire entirety. I've had a whole lot of time on my hands. But before I get to that, I just want to tell everybody to watch the documentary. I think it's on I think it's on Netflix. It's called Silver Dollar Road. Have we talked about this? Now?
Speaker 1: What's that about.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to get into it because it's upsetting, but you need to watch it. If you're a black person in America, you need to watch it. Basically, they stole these this family's house. They had like sixty five acres in North Carolina. It's beachfront property, and the fan was had it for since the eighteen hundreds, and somehow they were swindled out of maybe like thirteen acres of it. So the guys who had been living there their whole life, were still living in their homes and they got charged with trespassing. What and they kept them in jail for eight years?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: It's an absurdity, isn't that.
Speaker 1: What is it called imminent domain when they do some type of like redevelopment.
Speaker 2: And well they wanted for redevelopment, but so one of the family members died without a will, and so that's how it kind of got thrown into the court system a little bit. But anyway, long story short, trespassing is actually a misdemeanor. They were in jail for eight years for trespassing in their own home, in their own home, and nobody could get them out. It was a bad situation. Anyway, I'm going to give Oprah Winfrey this charge to help.
Speaker 1: There's still in jail, not out.
Speaker 2: But they need they need to solidify for the family their land. Yeah right, yeah, because you know what they will do is raise taxes, so they can't pay the taxes. So that's how you lose your house. Yeah. So I don't know, I just want they some Oprah help.
Speaker 1: Did the government pay, like offer to pay.
Speaker 2: Them the government?
Speaker 1: Whoever? No, No, Okay.
Speaker 2: No, they wanted them out because they want to redevelop.
Speaker 1: But they're supposed to. So imminent domain refers to the power of the government to take private property and convert it into public use. Yeah. The Fifth Amendment provides that the government may only exercise this power if they provide just compensation to the property owners. So they had to have offered them something, and it probably was pennies. It probably was not not really equitable, you know, according to the property and stuff in the land.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's absurd.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So and it's sad. It's it's crazy that the government and entities have the power to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's crazy that they can they can jerry manager mander a proper piece of property to raise taxes in that little area.
Speaker 1: So you can't pay it, right, so they can kick you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then this this is the this is the kicker. And then we're gonna move on because I don't want to press y'all. They were fishermen, so they would do a lot of shrimping and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's a particular part of the water, the body of water that is known for like the shrimp because of the size of the of the water, the shrimping and the crabbing and all that. They said, oh, y'all can't fish and shrimp in this area anymore. By the State Senate. The state said little fishermen who have little businesses. So all the small businesses this, we're saving this area for the big businesses. Yeah. So it's like you're you're trying to take their livelihood and the house.
Speaker 1: And y'all think this is okay, trying to keep them down.
Speaker 2: Silver Dollar Road, y'all, y'all watch it and then y'all call Oprah and tell her to help.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's suppressing. Do we have something we can like a lighter note? Yes?
Speaker 2: Can we end up on okay? Marjorie Taylor Green? No, No, that's Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 1: Is the ops.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Carli's fired. So anyway, moving on January.
Speaker 1: Sixth, Rand So I'm gonna look it up because that brought it up to praise the person she's praising, Mars retailer Green.
Speaker 2: Never in a million years, okay, Ops, So jets, there's gonna be a jet that they're creating. Yeah, that's gonna go from New York to London. Guess how fast two hours New York to London? You say two hours? Carly, what do you say New York to London now? Which is a normally seven hour flight? Yeah, New York to London is a jet that's coming out in twenty twenty four. You said, what hour and a half. I'm not getting on that ninety minutes? Kind of make a ninety minute and Union is going to disintegrate into the can you imagine? So they're testing it now on who oh who?
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 2: Nope, you have to test it on a million people before I get on a Nike minute flight.
Speaker 1: That's like the train that they're supposed to be be building that goes like from from like DC to New York And like, I don't know, thirty minutes, okay, Like no.
Speaker 2: Do you know how fast the Asella goes?
Speaker 1: How fast does it go?
Speaker 2: Okay? So so crazy that you asked Robin, I'm on the train last week and next to me is this dude, so he loved you know, do you ever look at the people's what they're working on sometimes when they're working on stuff next to you? I do it every time, Yeah, because I want to get involved in what you're working on. So I see Amtrak in his emails and I'm like, well, that's boring. So then towards the end of the of the train, I can tell he wanted to talk. So we talking, and he works for Amtrack okay, and he does. He's responsible for like the new construction that's happening to make Amtrak better.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, is.
Speaker 2: That right now? We're going one hundred and sixty miles an hour? Wow? From when they can go fast? Yeah, because there's portions that you have and stop. Yeah, like when they have shorter stops in between. It is one hundred and sixty You know how your ears be popping? Yeah, that's why one hundred and sixty wow. Okay for them to make it fast. So I said, ain't you all making one for twenty minutes? He said, from DC to Baltimore? Oh, in twenty minutes. Okay, Like so there will be no stops, Sokay, Union Station to D to Baltimore, Penn Station will be twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So okay, who's gonna test that? What not? I not me? Because your ears.
Speaker 1: Might pop, right, I mean, I'm not even worried about my ears popping. I'm worried about something a boat coming loose on a door and pop it open like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Alaska flight. Yeah, well I'm here for so I thanked him, remember because he put they put the Remember the trains that they had taken off during COVID, the nighttime trains.
Speaker 1: Yes, they had more.
Speaker 2: They have schedules picked up. The schedules picked up. They have more nighttime trains. They do so that we can go to New York and party like rock stars and then just get on the train and come home. Yes, because that's what I used to do exactly. That's what I'm going to be doing again. There you So he said, yeah, we should be able to get from DC to New York soon. I don't know in how long.
Speaker 1: I mean forty minutes we already get there, and two the acceligates is there in two hours and twenty minutes? There were oh well DC, Yeah, there were like two hours twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's make it to make it. But I'm not going to be the first or second.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, yeah no, but I'm excited about that. Yeah, by the way, and we can go after this. Yeah, did you think by twenty four when you were younger that we would have flying cars.
Speaker 2: Like the Jetsons? No, I did, do we No?
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying when I was little, do we no? But I'm saying, when I was little, I envisioned myself as an adult with a flying car.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, you never did. No, I knew that The Jetsons was a cartoon.
Speaker 1: But I mean I don't know. I'm just saying that's that's I am visioned flying cars. Okay, so it's coming. No, I don't think so well, I don't think so. I'm just saying I just hope either just think when I was little, it's just like being an adult would seem so far away. Yeah, that I was like, oh yeah, when I'm an adult, we're gonna have flying cars, right, and we don't have flying cars?
Speaker 2: We're going to your kids are gonna drive flying cars? I don't think.
Speaker 1: So how do you regulate that?
Speaker 2: Will we have drums? Did you ever think that you could be you know, they could deliver some aspirin and from a drum. Wait a minute, did you see there's a movie. I'm sorry, y'all, there's a movie and the guy was getting it wasn't a movie I know I was watching. I'm embarrassed to tell you what I was watching.
Speaker 1: But Love and Hip Pop, y'all.
Speaker 2: No, but I just saw a new episode last night. Listen, Scrappy wants to get back with Erica Dixon. That's a whole other story. Moving on. They're dropping off stuff at the jail with drunes. They're bringing drugs into the jail, contraband. Really, how are they not catching that? It's hard to catch. No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Because I was at a football game, a high school football game, and the man the announcer came on the announcement thing so many times like whoever's operating the drone? Can you please move it? Can you please back it up? And they were not continuing play until that drone was gone. So how are they letting drawn rop off contraband into a jail.
Speaker 2: And the middle of the night. If you have a window, they had found out a way to pop out that window and that drone will go straight to your window and you grab your stuff, You grab your stuff and you put the window back up. You're good. Listen, cost you want to taco bell from the drone? I'm telling you. Into the jail, we got to get out of here. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or show you or both.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.