Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Plays.
Speaker 3: Then the midweek edition Thursday, coming at you because we have Memorial Day off. Hi, everybody, that's Barry Terry you, sir. Heckma Harrison is in the buildings. The national champion LSU Tiger King is Danny mccrab New he Scruggs. So many things to talk about. Mike McCarthy will talk today at elek clock. We've got practice today. Lots of times to get into right here on the podcast, brought to you by Toasty Toes. I want to dive into something new. Heck makers through it hit us with the running back situation.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't want to dive into your outfit? First?
Speaker 3: I tell you where all the gold boots and what time is the step show?
Speaker 2: Some people not watching? They just so I want to make sure y'all know. New He came in. He got what what is it you wear?
Speaker 4: Your Q outfit. You got your Q hat, your Q shirt, you got the purple Hey, you know what your J collection is? Every system from bulls. You just showed up right.
Speaker 3: You know, as I tell my children, you come on the show, you're.
Speaker 2: You're going to get hazed. This is in locker room. It is the playing sound.
Speaker 3: No matter what you do, it can it will be used against you.
Speaker 2: You fresh nose. You guys know how it is.
Speaker 3: You start looking in the closet that that will work. I did tell shirt work that. Take the hat go. Your coordinator, got the shoes, go to you.
Speaker 2: You put that out the night before everything this one was at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Well, first sin is dynamic. We're doing the show. I went to bedlize watching Ted, so fell asleep, so didn't coordinate nothing. I was like, why did I seven o'clock? Why did I agree to do this? I know the traffic is gonna be monstrous, and it was so no, there was no care. It was literally walking in the white. What's what's here? Is something that this in the clean rack?
Speaker 2: Take it? There's a hat?
Speaker 3: Because I know I got to go ahead watch practice because sweat it doesn't have to go with this. And then boom go so.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: So theres deaths out there on the team.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, He's gonna get all the special treatment when he get out there, They gonna know it's him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brother hurts, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Strong Field the running back, the running back position. Heck, you're bothered by this. I am, and I want to know what could make you feel better.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that the Cowboys front office has to be combing other rosters to find an acquisition right now. If you're going to start the season and say that Tony Pollat is your number one and let's just say Ronald Jones is your number two, that is not the thunder and lightening combination that I think we are looking forward to seeing and iking this experience of what they're doing in the running back position to what they did last season at the wide receiver position by not upgrading the position when they had time to. We didn't go into the draft, and I'm talking about draft, you know, top three rounds looking for a running back. And not to say that Deuce Vaughn in any way will be a disappointment. I just think that you there's going to be a learning curve there for him. And for me, I'm still trying to figure out, Okay, how does he fit into their plans, especially knowing the way that just say, the way that Ezekiel Elliott pass protected as well, I don't see that.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that for him.
Speaker 4: He's a pass catcher, even at his stature, a guy that's still tough inside the tackles.
Speaker 2: But I'm a little worried.
Speaker 4: I'm concerned about what Ronald Jones is at this stage of his career because he hadn't had any burn in the last couple of years. You know, Malie Davis, who is he really? We've seen him in spot duty, but we haven't gotten an opportunity to see a seventeen game work for him. So look, man, Tony Poller, coming off of the injury, I was good to see him out there in OTA's But still, man, I don't know about y'all, but that's just my feeling on where we're approaching OTA's and training camp at the running back position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with your head. I'm with you on that one. Especially.
Speaker 5: You know when a head coach goes out there and says, you know, hey, we're running the football this year.
Speaker 2: You know we're gonna we're behind the tackles. We're gonna let our big boys eat. And I'm with you. Who's gonna run the football?
Speaker 5: You know, you got Tony Poller coming back from injury, and then last year, even though he had an outstanding year catching the ball, run in the football as well, he wasn't that every down back. He wasn't taking that punishment on first and second down. Now was Ezekiel Elliott. And you also make the point who's blocking? We all know that's not a strength of Tony Pollitt. And you got duce Vaughn in here, who's a mismatched nightmare when he gets out there. But is he gonna be able to take on d NS blitzing linebackers coming up the gut? I'm not so sure about that. And then, like you said, you got Rico, you got Mike as well, and that just we don't know who they are. So to me, I'm I'm a little worried about it. You got Rojoe, but he was in the doghouse in Tampa Bay, he was in the doghouse in Kansas City. You know when the last time he got significant burn out there as an every down back. So it's gonna be a sticky situation and hopefully you know Polack can come through, because that's to me, that's the top back we got Right now, I'm.
Speaker 2: Actually feeling a little bit more confident than you guys. I'm right there with brother Daniel Craig.
Speaker 3: I'm right here positive side, positive size.
Speaker 4: So we got a ten million dollar guy in Tony Pollard who we know is explosive. We know that if he gets the chance that he's likely one of those guys who can be a home run hitter every every snap. Right, that's what we know about. What we know is weakness, is has been past blocking. Can he work on it? Yeah, we'll see. I believe that Rojo is going to be a better pass blocker. I also think they're gonna do some things in the offense, probably with the tight end or tight ends to help blocking when they come out to pass. When I look at what we have here in our in our running back room, and then I look at I know you're not gonna like this. What Philly was doing a couple of years ago. Was it a game? Well? Game well? To have milesset They had pretty much a committee, Barston Scott, they had all those guys, And when I was playing Fantasy, I was gonna get all of them right because they were finding ways to get all those dudes to ball. And you were like, man, all these dudes are finding ways to eat when they get out there on offense. And I think when you look at a guy like Vaughn, you look at Tony Paul, who's gonna get majority of the carries, and then you do like Rojo, he hadn't got much burned. But when you get in a short yarded situation, I think that's where.
Speaker 2: They're gonna lean on Rojo. So I'm more confident than you all are. Yeah, we don't have that.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen Tony Pobla be a every down all seventeen games.
Speaker 2: But for Tim Mell and you got to give him a shot.
Speaker 3: I build off what you said, A build off on two ways. One, we saw Kansas City win the Super Bowl with a collection of guys. We saw Sean Sean McVay out here for years doing a collection of guys. We've seen Kyle Shanahan with a collection of guys. And if I go back to Mike McCarthy and Green Bay, who were his stalwart Bell Cow guys, gr Grant got.
Speaker 2: Hurt the Super Bowl year, so it'll start.
Speaker 3: So he's he's a guy who's had a collection of dudes that have gotten things done. Sean Payton is another coach who's had a collection of guys, Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush, and Reggie Bush that year they won the Super Bowl had split time was peerre Thomas. So you know you can do this in the league with several dudes. So I want to put that there the other one to build off this. We know it's June first, there gonna be some folks on the market after today in the future.
Speaker 2: They're not done. They're not done.
Speaker 4: And really that's my point, and that's where I'm going. I think that you have to make a move. We didn't make that move last season at the wide receiver position. That's that's my whole point. That's why we're cambing other rosters to try and find someone. But I feel like this man, I feel as though, you know Tony Pollard can be We're hoping that he can be in every down running back. We don't have any proof time, consistency, and proof that gives the trust that he can actually do it.
Speaker 2: We don't have.
Speaker 4: That on the on the flip side of we okay, and I guess he said that. I guess I guess under my Karthy Schottenheim that's the that's looking behind it. We don't know that right now going into the season. But then when you start running down some of these teams that have been able to plug and play running backs, look at the system that they have, Look at the office, the coaches, the office.
Speaker 2: That they have.
Speaker 4: We don't have that structure in place where that has been. The running game has been premiere. In what we've done, it's been the passing game. We haven't had any balance. And I think that was Kellen Moore's imminent undoing is the balance. Uh, That's why I'm looking at him. We are going to and they just gave contract. We're gonna see.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see.
Speaker 4: But you know, I just look, it's it's a worry. It's a concern of mine. And I think that you know, this notion that you plug and play running back comes the diamond doesn't. And the way that the running back position has been de valued in the NFL, to me really is it ticks me off because people don't really value it the way it needs to be and when you point to a Kansas City I think those are that's the wrong team to point to. As far as the running back, because come Onack, watched the Super Bowl, bro, that was it Tony what's the running backs name from Kansas City? Seventh rounder Potaco was running the ball. Talk about Patrick Mahomes. All you want to do was physical.
Speaker 2: He was hitting. He was how they get there though, But he's still able to run the ball.
Speaker 4: We've seen We've seen running backs play with good quarterbacks who have not been able to get anything done. You you watched the Patriots many years when he was like, man, they drafted guys all over the place with Tom Brady. Couldn't get it, couldn't get the running game going.
Speaker 3: The first quarterback in the first Super Bowl he had. They had different guys in Buffalo. They don't have a Bell Cow running game either. I'm just simply saying, is all right, Dalvin Cook, main guy in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: What they want? Nothing? What they want? Okay, might be June first Cook, Okay.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Taylor let the league in Russian last year injured hurt. I mean, look at you.
Speaker 2: Get the surrounding pieces in Indian Now, I mean.
Speaker 3: This this notion. Hey you getting this bell cown. These are guys who are not Immitt Smith. Okay, it's not an Emmitt Smith out here.
Speaker 2: It's just not.
Speaker 3: It's not a league full of a bunch of dudes. And you know Jim Brown walking through that door.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. Derrick Henry and Tennessee. I mean you look at Dereck Henry and his production in Tennessee. He's literally carrying the franchise if they had that piece, I mean the other pieces around him to your point.
Speaker 3: And all year and what are we hearing about Derrick Henry right now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, my yeah, they are on a tank mission if they get rid of Derrick Henry, because what do you have then at the running back position. You haven't given him the pieces that he needed. Oh and by the way, you're gonna take a J. Brown and just trade him along. But they but they did have a J. Brown, and they paid Tannehill when tanner Hill was balling for a minute, and then they also had Dereck Henry and they still didn't win Tannehill for a minute, hold on, hold on, when tannery Hill got paid, they were balling with A Brown and Dereck Henry if you don't have this is the thing. If you don't have Dereck Hemer, Dereck Henry of old who's healthy. If you don't have Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, or Saquon Barkley when he is healthy, then you pretty much got some guys that's rotating, right, because those are the guys who you say, man, we need to figure out a way to get them the ball, and they have to be in the game every single snap. Outside of that, it ain't it ain't too many Dalvin Cook. I'm telling you, Alexander Madison comes in the game and you're like, man, it ain't that much of a drop.
Speaker 5: And he got and he got, he got a lot of pet Are we saying those the guys behind Tony Pollard or Madison?
Speaker 2: And we don't know.
Speaker 4: We don't know who Madison was before Dalvin Cook started getting hurt.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we said, Rico d Well, I don't I don't know who's bawned.
Speaker 2: We don't, we don't know, we have said.
Speaker 4: So we got The best version of Dak Prescott that we've seen was his rookie season with Ezekiel Elliott, and that running game pretty much made him uh and ball control, responsibility. All those things that he had in the running game kind of set the tone for what his career is starting to look like.
Speaker 3: Coaching staff in philosophy are gone.
Speaker 4: But it still doesn't say that that wasn't the better piece of who he was. I mean, when you were at your best, this is what you are, DeMarco, Murray and walk Because the best years for Tony Romo was when he had a running game too.
Speaker 2: Why are we overlooking that?
Speaker 4: But this no, we're not overlooking that because I've been saying this for years. When our offensive line was the main focus. Come on, man, when when when DeMarco and Zeke was running behind tying Zach Travis. That's when the game was a little different, you know, Like now we don't have that right, So you're starting to see, hey man, I don't know, getting pushed.
Speaker 2: Up the middle.
Speaker 4: We're not sure we can really if our interior line has the anchor to be able to stop that rush. Things have changed, right, So your running game ain't gonna be the same. Actually, I ain't gonna lie toe. That seemed like a once almost a once in a decade type of offensive line construction that we put together.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen you rarely see those those.
Speaker 4: Three or four guys on the same offensive line for that amount of time, and they're getting lead leading rushers year in and year out.
Speaker 3: Y'all really think they're gonna go grab a running back though I don't know the possibility exists. We have seen him add players before.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Who is it? Who is it that y'all believe?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess you any wait, so there's somebody out there though where you're saying, you know what, that that guy would be a guy I want to bring in. First of all, don't be talking about guys who's starting on other teams.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about we can't. I'm talking about that possibly Ibion Bella's let us know he's available. It's available out Let's take our first rate when we come back.
Speaker 3: What Clarence Hill the Star Telegram is written. The column says, and it's the title of it is the slandering of Dallas Cowboys head coach Mike McCarty has gone too far. Let's dive into that with Barry Churchickmharrison, Danny Crabne. We goch the play Sounge brought to you by tostitos on Dallas Coowboys dot Com radio.
Speaker 7: Once he used the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products. Check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lip bomb.
Speaker 2: Go to get you Black dot Com, slash.
Speaker 7: Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks free shipping.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trusted by America's.
Speaker 4: Team Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you? What's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like Slice Bananas, Sweetberries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and it Savory peaut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothieking, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 4: Back to the Players Loud, head to Milla Lighthouse at Att Stadium, for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival, presented by Miller Lite, rescheduled to Saturday, June third, from three to eight pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos and food truck options while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music. Admission and parking for of the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival are free. Visit at t stadium dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information.
Speaker 2: See you there. It's June first, that's coming around. Man.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to my little sister, Happy birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 3: Barry Church, Maharrison, draw We Strutch. This is the player Sunge brought to you by Toss. Okay, so yeah, we got a question.
Speaker 4: I just want to listen. We are halfway through twenty twenty three. That happens like we are in June right now, twenty twenty three. Before you know it, we'll be ready for halfway through next week. I was about to make sure we all realize that.
Speaker 2: Man, we have.
Speaker 4: We have gone through five full months of twenty twenty three already.
Speaker 3: We already had our camp meeting this week.
Speaker 2: So that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we just dive it up the duty so uh concert by the.
Speaker 2: What's the how long you be gone? Oh no, the whole time? Not l A.
Speaker 3: I meant I got I got this one cover.
Speaker 2: Don't worry you see the pictures wrong sword, I'll go to l A.
Speaker 3: I haven't chieved since I've achieved platinum elite status, I don't need to stay as long anymore.
Speaker 4: You see them, don't make me go.
Speaker 3: No, I decided I didn't want to be there for the start. Okay, ted tired of being there for the start. I don't want to be nothing going on.
Speaker 2: Out there? What's happening at the end for the media party. You know what?
Speaker 3: It's funny said that I've only gone to two media parties. I don't I'm not.
Speaker 2: A sushi fan. That noble right, And I don't drink so cheap date. Man, you don't like you don't like to drink. Let's go I went to. I went, I went alone. Let's go. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: My man, you would knock you back, that big old snake all the bacon, and I let him order that he will get re up on that.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why heck always does those bets with newly Pina Coladas.
Speaker 4: Here got the he get the mark tales he getting mocked in, not cocktails and mocked here Shirley Timple.
Speaker 3: So I will go out August thirty first till June, June, August.
Speaker 2: August, July thirty first to August tenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, day, he got some other stuff I got August thirty, July thirty one, August, wrap.
Speaker 2: It up newly. Come on, man, I'm going on. Yes, the I can't was old. I gotta go to a coupleways started. You can't acriminate, just sell us.
Speaker 3: Go ahead with you, baby, you hate to see it. Let's talk about Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Let's do that.
Speaker 3: Clarence Hill for the Star Telegram, as au Colon Mountain, says, the slandering of Dallas Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy has gone too far, and it stems from a piece written in the thirty third along with former Dallas Cowboy now term broadcast to Ross Tucker, where they ranked the coaches in the National Football League. Mike McCarthy came in twenty first, and Clarence says.
Speaker 2: And rightfully, so this is just braw. This is just raw.
Speaker 3: Andy Reid's number one, Bill Belichick's number two, Mike Tomlin number three.
Speaker 2: All three guys are.
Speaker 3: Destined to be enshrined, and can't know how all three guys have won championships in this league. It gets tricky where you start looking at number five? Is Nick Sirianni? Come on now, two years lost the Super Bowl? But two years number eight Brian Daball of the Giants.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, it's bad off last year? Or this is this is there right now, right now, right now? So these are there, These are their thirty two rank, the thread.
Speaker 2: Over Bill Belichick. So they got to be just talking about like what they saw. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So fourteen they put soul brother Mike McDaniel on the Dolphins. O Mike, Mike, he's fourteen. Fifteen is Kevin O'Connell of Minnesota. After one year, even though I mean I just recall and saw that the Cowboys went to Minnesota and beat them forty to three. And sixteen another guy who mcarthy and the Cowboys meet last year, Dan Campbell eighteen Arthur Smith of the Falcons. Yeah what and they just then you got Mike McCarthy coming in at number twenty one.
Speaker 2: It's player right there. You just stop. That's good. It is what it is. That's out of pocket.
Speaker 5: I mean the man that went to back to back playoff appearances. Yeah, they didn't go as far as you know we all expected, but.
Speaker 2: He's been in the playoffs back to back years.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, people talk about his you know, game management and all that stuff and undisciplined team, but I feel like from that first playoff season where they had a bunch of penalties and it ended up hurting us in the actual playoff rounds, he got this team better and more discipline. The penalties are way down.
Speaker 2: So I to me, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Think that's complete disrespect right there. I mean, you got guys in it that just got into the head coaching position and they're ranked well above I mean, you're talking about soul brother down in Miami, Like, how is he ranked that high?
Speaker 2: It just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 5: And look, Mike McCarthy got a chance to, you know, this year, call on the players and say, hey, you know all that disrespect y'all was saying, we'll see what happens with it.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm gonna say this was Mike McDaniels ahead of both Dan Campbell and Mike McCarthy. Yes, that is both of those are incorrect because I'm not gonna put Dan Campbell above Mike McCarthy because I don't think he's gotten there yet, but they both above Mike McDaniels. I think Mike McCarthy has been disrespected. I think that he is much higher than that. I think the job that he has done here, he has gotten better every year. Although we haven't gotten over to San Francisco hump. Hopefully this year with the changes, will be able to. But he's been able to that got hurt for five games last season, and we figured out a way to go.
Speaker 2: Four and one. Four and one.
Speaker 4: You go out there and you beat the Brakes off Minnesota. I couldn't even watch the game. I heard about it in South Africa.
Speaker 2: Man, you ain't gonna believe what the Cowboys did to the Micers all the way in South Africa.
Speaker 4: They told me so, No, it don't make no sense. I want to give some shout out to Dan Campbell, but also Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: They need to be much higher.
Speaker 4: I think that list is what is the thirty okay?
Speaker 2: What is the third? Okay? So that's about right, right, there, what is it?
Speaker 3: Andy Reid won, Bill Belichick two, Mike Tomlin three.
Speaker 2: Mike McCarthy is twentieth.
Speaker 3: All time in wins in the National Football League one hundred and fifty five and sixteen years, and only eight men have a better winning percentage than Mike McCarthy. So you start looking at how they're ranking this list and you just think about, okay, and I think at the Tomlin number three is not based off what Mike did last year with that team, though I thought he did a really good coaching job with a.
Speaker 2: Team that was right. I always have.
Speaker 3: You mean, when they made you go out there and play at Mitchell Trubisky, they trying to hurt you.
Speaker 2: But the man got through it. He did.
Speaker 3: The man got through it. He is a Hall of Fame coach. But to sit up here and not take into account of what Mike has done, and then I think about the two twelve and five, the two twelve win seasons, These are things that haven't been done since Troy eight men and m Smith were playing for the cap, which you had that kind of talent. And there is not a team or roster of guys on this year's team that there are going to be a bunch of gold jackets like that Cowboys team in the nineties.
Speaker 4: That's a great article by Clarence by the way, And look, I think the Cowboys could have gone a number of different ways right before hiring Mike McCarthy. All the names that you heard that they were potentially looking at, we could have plucked the coach from the college ranks. Lincoln Riley was a name that they were talking about there for a while.
Speaker 2: I mean so many.
Speaker 4: Different guys that could have been at Jerry's house, eaton Nacho's on that faithful night that he decided to hire Mike McCarthy. He was the right guy. The disrespect for me, I think has always been there for Mike. And when you look at this list, to me, I just say, look, man, you discount guys based off the factors. Have you won a Super Bowl? If you ain't won Super Bowl, you can't be raked ahead of them. We just to start taking plucking guys off that list based off of that. I don't want to look. They hate on Mike McCarthy every chances they get. And also, by the way, because he's the Dallas Cowboys head coach. But this is the year for me and I'm gonna give him a mulligan for the two season because of COVID and all of that.
Speaker 2: But those two twelve and five.
Speaker 4: Back to back seasons, winning a playoff game last season, now taking over as the offensive play caller, he gets an opportunity to truly put his imprint on this team when in the other years he's been discounted at every stop.
Speaker 2: I mean last year, at this time, we were talking about Sean Payton, you.
Speaker 4: Know, we were talking about him being replaced, everything that he's done right, But now he gets that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's always been waiting to say, Look, when I.
Speaker 4: Get my opportunity to call this offense, that's where I'm gonna put my foot on the gas. And this is the opportunity maybe he has as ahead come.
Speaker 3: You brought up a great point because on the NBC Sunday Night Football Night in America, they do a call every year when they do meet with the media, and I asked, Jason Garrett and Tony Dunchey are part of that show. How does Mike McCarthy go into this season knowing there's a whole lot of talk about Sean Payton and his job being out there. No, by the way, they got another guy who's there in the building and dan Quinn that Jerry Jones is pumped up as as a potential head coach, so have all that going on. They addressed it right there for the press conference. Jerry tried to blame the media for you brought it up. Mike handled that you lose Dak Prescott game one. We were all like, bro, I mean this this boy all right, So we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Start to draft show early and they he gets through that, you don't.
Speaker 3: You know, Michael got the whole gallup thing and we like our wide receivers James Watte, that whole thing was a mess. To have all that going on and to have the mental toughness as a head coach to get these guys to play, and for them to have the.
Speaker 2: Year they did.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's being reflected because it was not. What he accomplished last year was naughties.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 3: And heck brbish is because of of your your your your great Hall of Fame, Uncle Joe Green. You see two different right The way the Steelers work, you know, definitely, you.
Speaker 2: Know it's different than you. It is.
Speaker 3: It is a lot there's a lot of stuff besides football going on here.
Speaker 2: I mean just a couple of weeks ago, we came down here to do the podcasts. Have to feel as unusable. They got.
Speaker 3: Like RV's out here for the Country Music Awards. You can't go use the facility in there because they got it all set up for the Country Music Awards, so it rains, so they had to go inside. And there's a lot of stuff that goes on here beside just football. And I think Mike McCarthy does an excellent job. And I don't know how many coaches notly come in here and handle this. There's certain jobs and I've been forced up to cover the Lakers. That's a tough job. That's a tough job, right, the Cowboys, that's a tough job. You want to manage the Yankees, that's a that's a tough job. You know, people have these expectations and sometimes they're not really there.
Speaker 2: I think Mike stepped.
Speaker 3: In here figuring and finding out like, yeah, this hang Green Bay, and after that first year he made the adjustments and I think the guy, I think the guy has done a good job.
Speaker 2: And to say.
Speaker 3: Twenty first, this is twenty first best head coaching in that perspect.
Speaker 2: I think twenty one to two. Little.
Speaker 4: I mean, I need to know because this has to be cleared up. Okay, are we talking about based off what they did last year? Are we talking about their full body of work? It has to be based off last year. Just be last year because if Tumblin is on that list, I know that.
Speaker 2: But because look but you got day ball eight.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, so I think that list is they they put in the top three on body of work maybe and then maybe everybody else, Like I don't know. It seems like there's no there's no continuity in and how they ranked these coaches. Because are you Carol okay, you said, okay, a coach they went to the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Last year's ranked number? What is h Serianni five?
Speaker 3: Coach soul is fourteen, and you got McConnell at fifteen, And that's that's you know, clearly you're looking at what they did last year.
Speaker 2: What did they put Rivera? Was he had a was he a had a mic? No?
Speaker 4: No, he is Revera's nineteen. There is no that list right there.
Speaker 2: It's been discredited right here.
Speaker 4: On the players last It don't make It don't make no don't make no sense. You say that if you based off last year, you want to talk about the Stillers. Okay, they did, they did good considering what they had, but by no means was that what they were of the best teams in the league.
Speaker 2: So what were we talking about? Bill Belichick? We watched him. We was like now two years rading up the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean, so you're definitely not talking about just what they did last year, especially at the top. It has to be their overall body at work, which then discredits your list because now you got other guys on here. It just based off what they did last year.
Speaker 3: All right, take our final break. There's a position the Cowboys. Uh as we go out here to OTA's today practice, they really position I don't feel comfortable about forgetting the running back.
Speaker 2: This is worse than that.
Speaker 3: We'll dive into that with Danny mcraig, Heck mahars A, Berry Church on news scrut This these a players nes brought to you by Toast T Toes on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player. Here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Once you use the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker rated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lip bomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks free shipping.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home. Blockchain dot Com is just a few types away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 2: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 6: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players loude.
Speaker 4: Join us for the Dallas Cowboys June team Celebration in partnership with Miller Lite at Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium on Saturday, June seventeenth from four to eight. Enjoy live entertainment, play long games, and shop local black owned businesses. For more information, visit at t stadium dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash juneteenth. Thank you sir. My wedding anniversary. By the way, is that.
Speaker 4: This nineteen coming up one nineteen on the nineteenth verse nineteen. Congratulations to you very much.
Speaker 3: Barry Church, heck Maherson, Danny mcrer NEWI Stretch plays Lounge brought to you by Tostino. So Mike McCarthy will talk at eleven o'clock today and you can catch it on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Practices today. Also, locker room open at one twenty five.
Speaker 2: OTA.
Speaker 3: So that's the organized team activities. It is voluntary with the quotes.
Speaker 2: Volunteer you better show up out of that.
Speaker 3: But it's this mandatory and voluntary white you here, Where are you at? So there's not a kicker on the roster that is a veteran kicker that we have trust, time, proof and consistency that we've seen here heck Ma that but that that concerns me.
Speaker 2: More than the running back room.
Speaker 3: Because there was a guy available at Robbie Gold and he's now off the market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a stupid problem to have right now at this point again again, like here we are again, and I mean the meltdown of our kicker last season was just a good thing. We were able to overcome that in a playoff win, but could have cost us right it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how we keep arriving back at the same point.
Speaker 2: And Bones Fossil, as.
Speaker 4: Much as he's been celebrated as a special teams coach, it seems like Greg leg whoever you got, I mean, you know, go through your roller decks of guys that you have, because this is just a dumb problem. Of all the problems that we have, this is the one that is so inconvenient.
Speaker 2: And I don't know where they're gonna go. Especially when I saw Robbie.
Speaker 4: Lee like that, I'm like, oh, I know it's going to go after that, dude. And we did not in this and all the guys that are left out there in free agency, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: The guys that have been here before, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I really, like I said, man, I just think this is a silly problem to have, man. And here we are again for a team that plans on running the ball as much as Mike McCarthy said, you just you just have to understand that you're probably gonna be in situations where you're inside the thirty five.
Speaker 2: It's fourth and four.
Speaker 4: You got to make the decision on what you're gonna do kick the field goal, which if you don't have a kicker you could trust. Now you got to figure out a way to drop your best fourth and four play consistent and stresses you out.
Speaker 2: It stresses you out.
Speaker 4: It stresses you out as a fan base, It stresses you out as an organization and ownership. So you gotta be able to have trust in a guy to say, hey man, we need a fit the yard on right now, go kick it and feel confident that they're going to make it and not be holding your breath every time it goes up, because that's what we've been feeling like the last two years.
Speaker 2: It is a horrible problem to having.
Speaker 4: Hopefully somebody becomes available or there's a guy who just says, hey man, I got way better.
Speaker 2: Than I was last year and I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 4: That's the hope that I have to have, right because, like you said, Robbie goes off the market, and like I said, I played with the guy he's a great kicker, great leader. Uh, you know, he on the special teams, he led out he led us out there as the kicker.
Speaker 2: So it was tough to see him go. But hopefully we find another guy. How much is a dumb problem?
Speaker 5: How many times that we you know last year? Oh man, I don't know that it's a thirty five, it's a forty yard field.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. And then the playoffs we ended up having to go for it because he had the yips.
Speaker 5: And so to me, man, like you said, this is just a dumb problem to have, and we should have been this in the but but you know, once again we're going bargain shopping for of an important position.
Speaker 2: Huh. He don't know nothing about that. He don't know nothing about that storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brandon mcm this was cut by the Broncos last month. It was a part of that Tuper Bowl winning team.
Speaker 2: Nine seasons that I think.
Speaker 4: Kicking an altitude huh, no altitude.
Speaker 2: And no altitude. So I mean, there's there's guys. It's it's scary to me.
Speaker 3: That's I'm more worried about that than running back. Fine, it's clearly it's hard to find clutch kickers.
Speaker 4: And based off of the margin of victory, I mean, I think you talked about this a couple of weeks ago. The margin of victory in the NFL is two to three points, and that could be that can be the difference in the win loss. And I don't want to see a fourth and fourth play. I don't want to see it. You get down in the red zone and it's a parent that the field goal will work for you here and put your defense back out on the field, because that's what we're gonna have. We're gonna have a defense this year that's gonna be able to shut people down, get the ball back for the offense. But look, things are not always clicking. And if you can take three points, get off the field, put your defense back out there, that works better than going gobbling up all this time off the clock, getting down the red zone and then getting nothing. Like as you watch the game, you understand the pressure and the fourth and whatever it's like when you have to go get it. Like when you watching the game, you're like, oh, man, like hair turning gray? Everything right, And you could you could easily take that away by having you a kicker that you can trust man, going all the days of Dan Bailey when he was knocking the things through right down every time, going to those days. But hopefully we get that, get that, get that fixed, or you know those plays that Mike McCarthy's on the lab, he's gonna be using them a lot.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be using them a lot.
Speaker 3: So Cowboys getting back at it. They will meet with the media today, eager to hear from Mike McCarthy. Is uh, maybe that maybe, maybe maybe I ask the kicker question to him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. I'd be nice NEWI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you knew with some questions in there that you know. I've seen the several media meetings where you're sitting in there, man, and I know, I.
Speaker 2: Like that's new here asking that question.
Speaker 3: Oh man, why you have to do this at a press cause I thought you just did this is the players loud asked about Josh Ball for you, Well let's go, and McCarthy love, Well, let's go.
Speaker 2: He's doing good.
Speaker 3: Come around ball. You know he's going to move a little inside.
Speaker 2: And hey, red crumb boy walk right into it. I will say, my dude.
Speaker 3: I learned a lot from the parcels pressers, and I learned a lot from Jason's pressers. Jason was all about what he didn't say, what he wouldn't say. Hey, that's about Danny. K You know what, Danny McCrae is a ball loving guy. Okay, he's here all the time. You never have to worry about him working. Well, what about you know, so and so and such and such. We like the way he's coming. You know, he's here, he's working, trying to get better each day. He's you know, he's just putting in that work. You know, he not he not praised him. So that's how I found out how Jason felt about dudes. And I'm starting to figure out how McCarthy is. And so Josh Ball he talked about even playing inside. We're like, well we heard about this a six seven guard, but you're gonna get his flex on.
Speaker 2: But you love him. Let's go over there to me.
Speaker 3: I've told a whole lot Josh Ball, Well, not on your way. This key camp for you, Key camp for you. You know you right, you better come with it him, boss man Fat. That's probably what I'm started trying to figure out who the dudes that are in trouble though, Boss Man Fat put out say.
Speaker 2: Not in trouble. I say this to year Hey, who are you? I mean for ota?
Speaker 4: Is anybody that you looking at besides Boss Boss Man Fat and uh tober doesn't that needs to have a really good camp, need to have a really good camp or just player that you got your eye.
Speaker 3: Boy, I'm not worried about toberd as much because they're not letting the third round guy go in year two.
Speaker 2: There, They're not. He's gonna be here. He's gonna be here. You know what. Okay, you know what I got on that on my side, I got time.
Speaker 3: This is this is my twenty be the twenty sixth camp of Cowboys. I watched and I have seen I've seen dudes like this, and you know.
Speaker 2: What, they keep him around.
Speaker 3: When I sat there one time, I'm like, you know, they probably should cut Dwayne good Rich.
Speaker 2: This dude not it?
Speaker 3: Even talking to players on the team like, yeah, man, he ain't that serious? What they do they kept around? Why because he took him in the second round. Then he do nothing. He went out and had his issues and we know how that worked out, right, So so jay O Tober's here.
Speaker 2: Anybody else you're looking at? Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 4: I want to see the commentary because what we saw, the what we saw Duran Bland dou last year, You're gonna have to you gotta really step up. No, not as being cut, but as having your playtime.
Speaker 2: Hey b is in that conversation too. What's he gonna do with me? Some of these guys just gonna be on courge. When you gonna come back and manure? It's time there, it's time.
Speaker 3: Ago, It's time to man He had a woman, Farry Church, Hackmherrison, Danny McCrae was strack, which all thank you will.
Speaker 2: Jazz Chris Bean.
Speaker 4: This ship overshaw Baby, I gotta see this guy me in that right month.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, fuckay Man.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Coowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.