Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, it's your big sister Cheeky's and you've reached my personal voicemailbox for the Dear Cheeky's podcast. I'm here to give you a device on anything and everything you need help with. Whether you're going through a breakup or having issues with your family, or maybe you have a question about my personal life. Whatever the case is, I want to hear from you. Remember these are my thoughts in my opinions, and if you're suffering from a serious issue or hardship, you should seek help from a qualified professional. All right, now, go ahead and leave your message at the sound of the beeB.
Speaker 2: Hi, Cheekey's.
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking a call from me in the past. Or you answered questions about your interior dialogue being Spanish or English, and your thoughts on Mariposa about you, and I'm hoping you take this call today to take me on a deep dive about perfume. I'm a collector and a lover. I have several bottles of Reina and I've been collecting your mom's perfumes as well. Now, of course i've heard you talk about how you helped develop per perfume, went to China. All of that tell us about it. Go on a deep dive. I have been collecting the four women's perfumes that I've seen. There's Forever, There's Jenny, they have the same bottle design. There is Jr. And Mariposa they have a different but similar bottle design. And tell me about it. Were those all ones that you did? Were they ones that your mom had any input on? And also, as a lover of perfumes, tell me a little bit more about what's coming next for you as a maker. I actually have created my own the Amnthe and Jenay perfumes. I would love to share them with you someday. You let me know, let your people reach out to my people and I'll get you some sample's girlfriend. But yeah, tell us all about it. What was the process like, was your mom really involved in all of these? What was even the order of the release? All these information details I'm dying to know. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Alyssa, your voice, it's so like beautiful. You should have your own podcast or like do like meditation guides or something. You have a beautiful voice. And thank you so much. I'm so glad that I was able to answer your question before and I gladly will answer your question now. Thank you for the support that you've given my perfume and my mom's as well. And yes I have Reina, and just let me get into it really quick. But I do have a working on a new fragrance right now. It's going to be a unisex and it's going to be called Actually I probably shouldn't say the name yet, but it is a unisex and it smells divine. It's so beautiful and I cannot wait to smell what you came up with the month. I love that. That's actually a great name. So yes, we will figure it out to see how I can get a sample of it. But yes, so I started the perfume. My mom would just have these ideas like I want a makeup and skincare line, and we found the right person and I, you know, did all the footwork and handled all the day to day stuff and just made it happen for her. And one day she said I want a gene line, and I helped her with that too. I would find the manufacturers. And when she told me that she wanted to perfume a fragrance because she loved fragrances, she would always wear tressoor that was like her go to and she wanted to come out with her own because people would always tell her you smell so good. And she's like, you know what, there's something here. I want my own fragrance. And she gave me a budget, very small budget. She says, I want, you know, here, sixty thousand dollars. Figure out how you're going to do it, but I want my own perfume. And I looked and I looked, and it was just very expensive to make it here in the States. So I said, Mom, I'm gonna have to go overseas. I need to go to China. And what I'll do is have them make it there and then maybe we can, you know, replicate it here in the States or whatnot. So that's what I did. I was around twenty three years old, and I found someone that could help me out there. I'm found a manufacturer, and I flew out there by myself and it was a very nice experience. But the day that I left to China, my mom and I were fighting. We got an argument because I don't know what, so we weren't talking and I was just like, but it gave me that fire within to say, you know what, I need to show my mom that I can do this, and it just I don't know. I freaking killed it in three weeks. I had a whole thing. I knew what my mom liked already. I knew her very well, so like the scent and everything. I mean, because there was no time, obviously, I was all the way in China, in Guanzhou to send her samples or anything. So I just did it myself. And I was like, I know she's gonna be happy. I know my mother, and thank goodness I did because she loved everything. And that was how the Perfume JR. Was born, because we didn't really name it anything. It was just JR, her logo, her initials, and that's I think, to this day, our top seller. And with the other fragrances that you have that are also amazing, I did not. I just helped with, you know, choosing the set and saying I like it, or maybe we should add a little bit of this or whatnot. But everything else the old administration handled and my siblings. But yeah, I mean, I love fragrances. I always have. I want to smell good, So I'm so glad that you're enjoying them, and yeah, I mean I totally get into it a lot more because there's so much of that story, but obviously we're on Dear Cheeky so we can't. But maybe one day I can do a Cheeki's and Chill episode to talk about that experience, because it was definitely a good one. Thank you so much, Melyssa for your question, and I look forward to hearing from you again. Okay, guys, next question comes from Joscelyn Hi Tiggie's.
Speaker 4: I'm a very big supporter of yours and recently met you for the first time doing really the amount of store. I've always felt that you were such an inspiring and comforting person who I admire very much, which is why I wanted your advice on this topic. I'm currently a senior in high school preparing to go off to college later on this year. My question for you is, do you have any advice you could give me, as I've never really been away from home or my parents, any advice that you'd give on how to navigate through a completely new chapter while we're taking on that role of complete independence. Thank you for being who you are and I love and miss you very much and hope to see you again soon.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jocelyn, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You're so sweet.
Speaker 1: Well, so, I know it is a little scary. It's a scary thought because you're stepping into the unknown, you know, moving out. It's something new, and you feel that you know your parents protect you and you feel safe, and I get that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It took me a while to move out. My circumstances were a little different, but when I did, that's when I really like stepped into my own and it just helps you appreciate the value, the real value of money and budgeting and stuff like that. So I think my advice to you would be, make sure you have a job first of all before you move out, because you're going to need means to pay for your rent and feed yourself and stuff and budgeting yourself and knowing you know exactly how much your rent will be, or are you going to roommate and we're going to go grocery shopping, because all of that stuff matters. So definitely a job is number one. And just knowing that you will have some bumps in the road that is normal, and don't get discouraged. It's part of adulting, and adulting is uncomfortable. But with that comes you becoming your best self, you know, and stepping into your own strength and your own courage and your wisdom. And that's going to take time, so be patient and compassionate. But that is I think the number one thing. Definitely getting a job and hopefully finding a roommate because carrying that whole weight on your own could be a lot, especially if you're moving out for the first time on your own. So those are the things that I would definitely do. But I think it's great that you are willing to do this and start your life. I feel like the sooner, the better kind of ish and the Latin family, It's like the longer you stay at home, the better. Don't leave until you get married. But if you are feeling this in your heart, then I think that you should try. It's my advice. So thank you so much, Justlyn. Okay, guys, next question comes from Valerie hi Chieky's.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I love your podcast and I love every topic you speak about on the podcast. So I have a very sensitive topic to speak about, which would be a miscarriage. I myself had a miscarriage October twenty twenty four. I also struggle with infertility for two years, and I'm finding myself struggling and dealing with the miscarriage grief. How did you deal with miscarriage grief? And I know this pain never ends, but how are you dealing with the miscarriage grief? I would love for you to respond back and give me some tips of how you're dealing with your miscarriage grief.
Speaker 1: Thank you, oh Valerie, thank you so much. Thank you first and foremost for supporting being a listener and loving my podcast. It means a lot to me. Love the feedback. And yes, so miscarriage, Yeah, that was That was a tough one.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was hard. I think what helped me was definitely like my faith in God and just knowing and I know it sounds cliche and stuff, but like knowing that everything does happen for a reason. Also, when I spoke to my doctor and my doctor said that most likely it wasn't a healthy egg, that also made me feel a little bit better. You know, I'm like, Okay, well maybe that's just God, you know, helping me make the decision for me so I don't have to make the decision later. Kind of that also helped me, gave me more peace and just you know, leaning on God is what really helped me, you know, and and my partner and having his support too and medios. But I prayed myself through it and I was like, you know, God, if this is your will, then helped me accept it, heal my heart. And when I think about it is something that kind of just tugs at my at the strings of my heart a little bit. But I know that I have a little angel in you know, in heaven and is you know, there to give me love from. It's just I know it's just so hard. I get it, but it's just going to take time. It happened in October, mine happened in June, so so just know it's going to take a little bit of time and time heals. And just know that God knows what he's doing. God knows when, why, and how, so you'll have your rainbow baby. Have faith that you'll have a rainbow baby. I didn't know what a rainbow baby was until I had my miscarriage. So I will be praying for both of our uteruses and praying for God's will to be done. But I'm sending you a big hug valery because I know there's I'm even like it's tough. I feel like with situations like this, there's really nothing that anyone can tell you to make you feel better. But all I could say is that the faith I had in God and I haven't God, should I say it really helped me through. So sending you a big hug. K Okay, guys, So next question comes. The last question actually comes from Emily.
Speaker 2: Hey, Cheeky, how are you. I hope you're doing well. And my question to you is what is the most valuable thing to you? And I'm just curious to know. I love you and I watch all your podcasts all the time, like I always look forward to them, and yeah, and I always tell my friends family about it. And I really love the advice you give on the podcast. I appreciate your honest opinions. And yeah, I love your Cheeky's hope you have a wonderful day. Bye.
Speaker 1: Oh I love this. I love when people tell me they love my podcast. Thank you guys so much for listening, for taking the time and coming back and you know, feeding your soul with positive things. So thank you so much. And Emily in regards to your question. That's a good question. It's so crazy because I'm like, I feel like I can give advice all day long, but then you ask me a question and I'm like, oh, wait, what is the most valuable thing to me or what's valuable to me more than like a materialistic thing. Emily, I'd have to say, I think honesty is very valuable to me because with honesty comes integrity, and comes trust and so many other things. I think when you are able to be honest with yourself and with the world, I think that definitely gives you a lot of power within yourself. So I feel like that's very, very valuable to me, is honesty, Honesty with myself, honesty with others, people being honest with me. So that's the first thing that popped into my head when you were asking the question. So, I mean, I'm sure there's other things that are very valuable to me, but that's the first thing that came up. And actually, Emily talking about a materialistic thing, because maybe if you asked me this question when I was younger, I'd think like, oh my gosh, like a purse or some shoes or something. I don't know, But now I think if I had to choose something that was materialistic, I guess something you know, physical. I would probably for sure take my ring, my wedding ring. It's very important to me. That's definitely valuable for so many reasons, not just because you know, I media gave it to me and it's a beautiful ring. I love it, but also because what it stands for, what it means, what it represents. My dogs are very valuable, you know. Other than that, I think that's it. Like even my mom's stuff, for instance, that for so long I held onto because they gave me comfort. I had a dress, I had some of her hair before, and those things I think were keeping me from completely healing. So I let them go and you guys will probably see those things in my mom's museum coming very soon, hopefully. But I even had to feel like I had to. Like my mom, I felt like was telling me for so long, like you can't hold on to that, You got to kind of let it go, you know, And when I did, I felt a little bit better. So I feel like my mom is in my heart and in my mind, and that's where I keeper, you know, because I was holding onto those things with dear life and I think it was affecting me more than helping me. So I feel like like material things I try not to like don't hold that much value for me as much as other things. Anyways, I really appreciate your question. I like that so you guys, You guys can ask me anything, so you know, it could be deeper questions about relationships, about love, about even businesses. If you are wanting to start your own business, I can definitely give you advice. I mean, you know, all the advice that I give you, guys comes from my own personal experiences, and you know I'm not always right and I'm not a professional. Let me remind you, guys, but I definitely will give you the best advice that I possibly can. I have your best interests at heart, for sure. So if you have a question, you can leave it at speakpipe dot com, slash Cheekys and Chill Podcast And thank you guys. Thank you Alyssa, Jocelyn, Valerie and Emily for your questions. Mosquio mucho. See you here from the next one. This is a production of iHeartRadio and the Michael Dura podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Michael Dura Podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's c h i q u i s. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcast