Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: I have to say, the drugs coming in by sea are down ninety four percent, and we're trying to figure out who the other six percent are.
Speaker 2: But they're down ninety four percent. We're going to start hitting them on land, which is a lot easier to do. Frankly, WHOA. Once again he's saying we're going to hit him on land. So they released three more videos overnight, three more boats that we blew out on the water dependent on and so that's quite a few boats over the period of time, and Trump once again mentioning we're going to start hit them on land. So there you go on that story. This is kind of breaking twenty twenty eight presidential news, which I hate coming out of my mouth because we spend way too much time talking about the president of the United States. But Marco Rubio has ruled out running if jd. Vance decides to run, which is pretty big news because most people that I follow seem to think that was going to be the big battle between Rubio and Vance, and Rubio said if he runs, I'm not running. HM might be a glide path for JD. Vance to the nomination could be Yeah.
Speaker 1: So also a big political news New York Times is out with a blockbuster story compiling a bunch of things Susie Wiles, Trump's chief of staff, has said in a long series of interviews over the first year of mister Trump's second term with the author Chris Whipple, who's written a highly respected book about I'm told about presidential chiefs of staff.
Speaker 2: And then she tweets like we mentioned just last hour. Then she has tweeted, they took this stuff out of context and mischaracterized me. But I don't know. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: And there are all sorts of quotes that are getting attention. Jade Vance has been a conspiracy theorist for a decade and changed from Trump critic at to ally for sort of political reasons because he was running for Senate.
Speaker 2: So how, I'm like, I don't know how that could be taken out of context. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: She might not be talking about that, because there are a dozen a dozen quotes at least that are getting attention. Elon Musk is an avowed ketamine user and an odd, odd duck whose actions were not always rational or left her a gas. That's a several quotes in that sentence.
Speaker 2: That one doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I want my inventor.
Speaker 2: Disruptors to be kind of crazy. That's their job, right.
Speaker 1: Attorney General Pambondi completely whiffed in handling the Epstein files, which she did shared Trump not to parton the most violent rioters. I'm just going to run through the list, but.
Speaker 2: Of all of me you mentioned a couple hours ago, and now I can't imagine any of them being in any different context that would make them any less quite amazing. I mean for her to come out and say I didn't think Trump should appall pardoned the most violent of the January sixth people, Let's why did she do that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, last hour we were talking about how she says Trump has an alcoholics personality.
Speaker 2: We dealt with that a little bit.
Speaker 1: She grew up with an alcoholic dad, the famous Pat Summer all, the great sports caster.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get to the new part in just a second.
Speaker 1: Let's see Miss Wiles confided in mister Whipple in March that she told mister Trump that his presidency was not supposed to be a retribution tour and to quit focusing on that. We have a loose agreement that the score settling will end before the first ninety days are over, she said. Then, when it did not happen by August, she told mister Whipple that quote, I don't think he's on a retribution tour, but said that he was aiming at people who did bad things and coming after him.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: In some cases may look like retribution, and there may be an element of that from time to time.
Speaker 2: Who would blame him?
Speaker 1: Not me?
Speaker 2: Again, that's a I think that is enough. But here's let's say.
Speaker 1: Reach for comment Monday Evening by The New York Times, mis Wils played down mister Trump's personal motivations in the actions against his enemies. Let's see and then let's see, where's the the BONDI stuff's pretty critical. No evidence that Clinton went to Epstein Island. Oh all right, here's where it starts to get really interesting. She added that it was Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche's idea to go interview Gilaine Maxwell in prison, and that the president did not know that she would be transferred to a minimum security prison camp. Quote, the president was ticked. The President was mighty unhappy. I don't know why they moved her. Neither does the president.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that is news. But wait a minute. The president of the United States can't pick.
Speaker 1: Up the phone and call the federal prison system and say, hey, dudes, what happened here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll call you back. Click. Come on. Why'd she get moved? Then? Did somebody move her thinking she had something on Trump and they're trying to protect him. I don't know, and she claims she doesn't know, nieda does the president. That's the biggest mystery in the whole Epstein thing. To me, seems pretty clear to me what happened, but nobody's admitted me. Were those pictures that came out last week and a nothing burger that the media once again traded like news.
Speaker 1: Yeah what oh? That was horrible. That was so nakedly just clickbait. But it's the business there, and they're not in the news business. They're in the clickbait business, remember that? And so so. Wiles described frustration with mister Muski's not odd duck as I think geniuses are you know it's not helpful, but he is his own person. And they were talking about when Elon shared a post sing the stalin MAO and Hitler didn't murder millions their public sector workers.
Speaker 2: Did, good Lord.
Speaker 1: Miss Wilds said quote, I think that's what he's microdosing. Asked what she meant, she said, he's an avowed ketamine user. Now, mister Musk's acknowledged trying kedemene a few years ago, but Dunn i'd reports of more recent use now. In the interview at The Times on Monday, Mis Wilds took issue with the quote attributed to her about the drug use.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. That's ridiculous, she said. I wouldn't have said it, and I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: But mister Whipple, contacted by The Times, played them the tape in which she can be heard saying it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, some of this stuff she did say, and now that it's out in the newspaper, she's wishing she hadn't. I don't know how that works. I don't know how people end up with, especially somebody like her. You're not like me, like just a regular person that doesn't understand how the world works. I mean you're weird in the shark tank and happened for years. You know what you can and can't say, and how it's going to be used in a book or an article. Here's a question for you.
Speaker 1: Was that the week when Trump was openly feuding with Elon she thought she could go ahead and say it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so, I don't know much about the whole ketamine thing. I know it killed Chandler, But did people do it recreationally and fine? And is it a big deal? I mean, is it like being a matthewser or I don't think it's like that exactly. But that's my take has been a number of people do it in a healthy way. It's good for you.
Speaker 1: There are a handful of drugs ketamine, psilocybin, which is the active ingredient, mushrooms, and a couple of the things that people microdose. They say it makes them more relaxed and happy, but they're not high. They're just like barely barely barely well, they're less angsty. And evidently somebody said he was microdosing. But anyway, then this is to me just interesting, she offered. Uh. She was initially aghast about the cuts to us aid because I think that overall they do very good work. She offered no objection to mister Trump's saber rattling against Venezuela and bombing of boats carrying alleged drug traffickers. Quote he wants to keep on blowing up boats until Maduro cries uncle. And people way smarter and may say that he will, or may way smarter than me on that say he will.
Speaker 2: That's what I assumed was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, She expressed misgivings about how the roundup of immigrants has been carried out. At times, I will conceide that we've got to look harder at our process for deportation. But if there's a question, I think our process has to lean toward a double check.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what stands out as a big deal here? Like I'm looking at our friend Tim Sanderfer, who we love, tweeted out, even in an atmosphere of NonStop jaw dropping insanity, this is something and links to this article. What is standing out to people as like real jaw dropping holy crap? Not wow, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's a remarkable insider look at a White House before it leaves office, which is something. But I think a lot of this could fall under the umbrella of there are disagreements within the administration, then they come to a decision and proceed. And I mean, we want that right, We want people saying, well, that might be a bad idea, cause.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody that didn't think Elon was odd, or that Pam Bondi whiffed on Epstein, or that I don't know several of the.
Speaker 1: Other ones you mentioned, here's a story for you. Well, no, you're absolutely right. Your rhetorical question is absolutely right. Let's see. As for the potential successors to this point, mister Vance and minister Ruvio. She distinguished how each of them came around to supporting mister Trump after initially opposing him. Quote, Marco is not the sort of person that would violate his principles. He just won't, and so he had to get there. As for mister Vance, quote, his conversion came when he was running for the Senate, and I think his conversion was a little more sort of political.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought happened. I mean, maybe maybe her saying that out loud is big news in the high school gossip corridors of Washington.
Speaker 1: D C.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I thought that was pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: In the final note on this, mister Rubio, and it's funny, mister Rubio told mister Whipple, the author, that he has said publicly that quote.
Speaker 2: If JD.
Speaker 1: Vance runs for president, He's going to be our nominee and I'll be one of the first people to support him. Still listen to this from the New York Times. Still, the underlying tension came through when mister Vance posed for the magazine's photographer quote, I'll give you one hundred dollars for every person you look. You may look really s compared to me, Vance joked, and a thousand If it's Marco that showed the underlying tension that Vance said, Hey, make everybody look crappier than me, and I'll give you a hundred dollars per thousand bucks. If it's Marko, hah, it shows underlying tension and not a former marine who's got a really good sense in humor.
Speaker 2: It's underlying tension. Sounds like a joke. Okay, I still, yet my jaw is not dropped to my jaws in its normal spot. Perhaps you have lockjawn. Have you been bitten by a hyena lately, or any jaws in its normal spot. I did step on a rusty nail the other day, my jaws, and it's a normal place. It has not dropped yet from any of those revelations. Well, that's I confused hydrophobia with the rabies with tetanus. My my apologies. I'm not a physician.
Speaker 1: Hey, I am a guy who really likes to eat though, especially meat, steaks, burgers, franks, you name it. Omaha Steaks the perfect gift for someone in your life who does not need stuff.
Speaker 2: They need deliciousness, sizzling on the grill. Yeah, grass fed, grain finished beef with the perfect marbling. Omaha Steaks. Professional chefs around the world use this stuff because it's just the best that's out there. They've been America's original butcher since nineteen seventeen. Family owned company. Go to Omaha Steaks dot com right now. Our listeners get an extra thirty five dollars off with the code Armstrong at checkout.
Speaker 1: Oh in the marbling, the marble, wish it the wishes that had the marbling that Omaha Steaks has. It's fantastic. Such good quality. Say big on Gourmet Gifts and more. Holiday favorites with Omaha Steaks. Visit Omaha Steaks dot com for an extra thirty five bucks at checkout. Use the code armstrong. Terms apply see site for details. That's Omaha Steaks dot com and that promo code at checkout is armstrong.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the deliciousness. To me, what should be the biggest story this week is what happened in Australia, just because it's in fitting with the ongoing conversation of what do we do about radical Islam around the world that seems to be reasserting itself and making its way into all kinds of countries wanting to take over. Talk more about that a little bit later, among other things.
Speaker 3: Atlanta resident Tanya Shepherd says it happened to her in the middle of the day last month, a thief stealing our packages on a busy street. Shepherd's packages were among the roughly two hundred and fifty thousand that are stolen nationwide every day. A study from home safety research company safe Wise estimated the total value of the items lost in the past year alone at nearly fifteen billion dollars.
Speaker 2: That's something two hundred and fifty thousand packages stolen from porches daily a quarter of a million a day. To me, it's like horse thievery hangings. You got to make the punishment so awful that people don't want to do it because it's so easy to do. Yeah, wow, that's something despicable. I'm I'm guessing that a lot of the boy Scouts I know are not going to steal stuff off of people's portes. That's my transition into raising money for Scouting this week and the idea that hey, it costs a couple hundred bucks, depending on your situation, to have your kid get into Scouts, into the Scouts, and so we're going to try to raise enough money that a whole bunch of kids who want to join the Scouts can. You don't have to come up with the money. Don't want the family not having the money being the difference between joining Scouts or not. And that's why we're raising money this week, hoping to raise one hundred thousand dollars. We'll hit you with a total here in a little bit, but so donations so far one hundred bucks from Elvis Presley Christmas albums. These are people with funny names for their their Jack's pocket fork in for fifty dollars. Thank you very much. Oh, thank you, fork. Yeah, keep wishing that pig good luck. Donated fifty bucks. Now, Katie, you do not know that story, Hey don't. So we're at a restaurant and we come out of the restaurant and outside on the street, they're barbecuing a pig on a spit. And if you've ever seen that, it just looks like a pig, you know, it looks like. I have a rough time looking at that. But yeah, so did my three and a half year old four year old son Sam at the time, because he was at that age where you know, animals are what you see in cartoons and movies and they're they're practically like people and all that sort of stuff. Anyway, And and I wouldn't have wanted him to look at that, I mean, if I'd have known it was there. But we come out of the restaurant and right there in front of us is this pig on a spit being turned with an apple in its mouth, eyes open. I mean, it just looks like a living pig. I mean, they just started and we start walking and Sam gets tears in his eyes, and I can tell he's all chucked him. I said, what's up, buddy? He said, I want to go wish that pig good luck. Oh oh oh, oh my god. So that's what that is. Keep wishing that pig good luck. Donated fifty dollars. Jeez, I know that that's traumatized. Yeah that young Yes, yes, oh he was, he was. He was busted up over it. I want to go wish that pig good luck. I said, it's ty it's death as a hammer. There you go. That's good parenting right there. Uh, we got fifty bucks from stupid should hurt appreciate that, and a whole bunch of other people using their names and I won't mention them because I don't know if you want your name mentioned or not. Or you can donate anonymously. You go to armstrong and getty dot com. You click on the obvious thing for donating and it just takes you a couple of minutes. Let's get a total, gladys roll the drums on our way. I hope to one hundred thousand dollars. We're currently at forty and thirty seven dollars. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: That's going to help out a lot of young American boys find their path in life. Love it, love it, love it, Yeah, and learn leadership skills. I've seen this in action.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just I could not be more impressed with how some of these kids are leaders as like fourteen, fifteen, sixteen year olds standing there in a group and saying, all right, who's got food? That's you, Jimmy, all right, what do you got tell me? And then there's a problem, how you gonna how are you gonna fix that? You got that taken care of? All right? And then go on, who's got tense? And just think they're for fifteen years old? I don't see that. I'd like, I keep saying, I see twenty eight year olds come into work that aren't there are like twelve year olds in the modern society. I would we need more grown ups, and I'm seeing a lot of that in scouting. So donate go to Armstrong and getty dot com.
Speaker 1: You're talking in the abstract about things other people have told you. Not the radio rants.
Speaker 2: Certain, No, No, I've not seen that at the radio station at allt through the years, repeated outrageous thought. Oh boy, uh Rich Lowry with a pretty good piece about this whole Islam immigration problem that we got around the country and this should be a pretty good yet another wake up call. What happened in Australia Australia over the weekend. No, NPR, guns aren't the issue. Gun laws are the issue. Fundamentalist Muslims move into countries and want to guild Jews or take over the government. That's the issue. Good Lord. Anyway, we'll talk about that and other things on the way. Have you missed a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getdy.
Speaker 4: The two shooters our fifty year old father, Sajid Akram and his twenty four year old son Navid. Sources say they pledged allegiance to ISIS and shouted Aluakba while opening fire. Authorities say two ISIS flags, weapons and IEDs were recovered near the scene.
Speaker 5: Resistant while he still can and before the right to complain is taken away from you, which will be the next thing he will be told you can't complain because you're Islamophobic. The term is already being introduced into the culture as if it was an accusation of race hatred, for example, or bigotry, whereas it's only the objection to the preachings of a very extreme and absolutist religion and watch out for these symptoms. They are not the symptoms of surrender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the great Christopher Hitchins, who I wish was still alive to talk about what is going on in the world with radical Islam, which he was a warrior against. As you heard there in the news report, the two killers there in Australia pledged their allegiance to Isis and Christopher Hitchins identified many years ago that the Islamophobia was going to be thrown at you anytime you tried to point out the problems of radical Islam. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of prefer the term fundamentalist Islam for reasons we could talk about.
Speaker 2: That's sure. That's the same thing Bill Mars always talking about. By the way, I'm not Aslamophobic. I'm not afraid of them, No, No, I just don't like it as a political system for a number of reasons. And they want to kill me.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not a radical interpretation of the Gospels to believe that you should forgive your enemies. An fundamental view of the Gospel, and a fundamentalist view of the Koran includes a great deal of bloodshed and slavery, and all sorts of things the Western world finds ab horrent.
Speaker 2: It's just true, so Rich Lowry National Review writing the Bondi Beach attack in Australia was shocking but not at all surprising. Some of the details were distinctive and idyllic spot on the Pacific Ocean instantly turned into a killing field, a father son terror squad, But the basic picture of radicalized Muslim immigrants targeting a gathering of Jews was drearily familiar. These events follow the same pattern because the fundamentalist version of Islam is at its root hostile to Jews. Let's say, for the sake of the argument, there was a refugee flow of Unitarians, and some proportion of those unitarians were antagonistic two traditional Christians, such so that they vandalized their businesses, harassed them in the streets, and launched massive protests in favor of overseas unitarian terror groups. In that case, we'd obviously cast a skeptical eye on unitarian immigration. Yet this hasn't been true of Muslim immigration. That is obviously true, and.
Speaker 1: Rich is such a reasonable, careful guy in his writings too.
Speaker 2: He's no Bombrucker, no sick pun intended. What is the reason for that? Does? Why does Islam get treated differently than maybe anything else you can think of, where if it had a violent wing, people would just accept that that was true and try to deal with it.
Speaker 1: I really think it's the xenophilia of the leftist forces in America and a bunch of other places. It is so fundamental to their identities that they hate themselves and embrace the foreign. I mean that that may be their commandment number one, be contemptuous of your own culture and be generous or overlay forgiving in my mind, to other cultures.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a lot of it.
Speaker 1: They can't bring themselves to say, our culture, our laws, our constitution are not only better than this other way of approaching life, that other way of life is really sick. They can't bring themselves to say that. If you know, if it's hard for a rational human being to picture being that completely committed to.
Speaker 2: A mindset, you know, a lot of it is that. Obviously, Some of it is fear, physical fear, Yes that if I get on the wrong side of these people, they'll kill me. Yes, true, which is you know, the Heckler's veto, a violent version of the Heckler's veto right. And then there's like the Prime Minister of Australia. It reminds me a lot of a bunch of European leaders, including Britain, are a great granddaddy, which is absolutely twisting itself into knots. For this very reason, there is a point of view that, oh, my gosh, we allowed this much immigration from Muslim countries. We have a certain percentage of those folks who are fundamentalists. We need to minimize conflict at all times. We need to not talk about a division or that we reject them or they reject us. We've got to just be quiet and see if this goes away. You know what I'm saying. They're just they're so afraid of conflict. They think backing off of our principles or recognizing the truth will minimize conflict, and they're absolutely wrong. It just delays it. Well, we had to take a we got suspended off the radio quite a few years back when I made a comment about drawing a picture of Muhammad.
Speaker 1: How did that was?
Speaker 2: Why was that in the news at the time.
Speaker 1: I think it was in the wake of the Charlie Ebdoh massacre, and there was somebody somewhere was going to have a festival where you could I can't remember the particulars, but and.
Speaker 2: I believe I claimed I drew a picture of Muhammad and then tore it up or something like that. Anyway, we got suspended for a while because that is just something you cannot do. Now, you could draw, you can get you can get a picture of Jesus and whiz on it and people will applaud and pheim and you'll get in no trouble whatsoever. Or any other religion. And I always use the example of you make fun of Mormons and you got a hit Broadway show, but nobody may going to make fun of Muslims at all. Combination of political correctness and you're just playing afraid mm hmm. Mormons made the steak of being nice, easygoing people who will just you know, turn the other cheek right and let you make fun of them and continue to do what they do. That the idea that you can't draw a picture of Muhammad when you're not a Muslim, because it would just be too You're in you're inviting, you revoked it. If there's any violence you caused it because you provoked. It is insane. It's anti Enlightenment, right, it is.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it is. In Britain recently you've heard about this. Probably a guy burned a Koran and a Muslim man stabbed him for it. The burning got a stiffer sentence than the stabbing. Yeah, and so all this fits together. The retreating, backing down to fundamentalist Islam is led to this, and it's getting worse, not better, right right. I just read a piece from Julie Sago, who's an Australian Jew. She writes, of all the difficult emotions I've been forced to grapple with in the hour since two gunmen, she describes it carried out a massacre of Jews at Sydney's Bondai Beach. The most complicated is a bitter, dark sense of vindication. Now do you believe us? I imagine screaming at Australia's progressive intelligentsia, political and media class. Do you believe Jew hatred is out of control? After the most lethal terror attack on the nation soil has claimed at least sixteen lives. And she goes into the victims, including a beautiful little girl. They have been saying for a yelling for years now, since October seventh. The Hamas attacks of October seventh unleashed anti jew hatred around the world, and the progressive governments of the West have permitted it, and the Jewish people have been begging for protection or at least attention to the issue and not getting it.
Speaker 2: I have no reason to criticize any nonviolent religion in your practice of it at all. If you're a devout Muslim and that's your thing, but you don't want to force everybody else into it, uh finds me. I don't care. That's cool, good for you. I'm pro organized religion and I would never want to make fun of it to you or criticize you for it.
Speaker 6: But you know, the.
Speaker 2: Everything changes. If you're trying to force everybody else into a certain lifestyle, that's a completely different.
Speaker 1: Thing, right right, And everybody knows from the cry the chant from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free or death, death to the IDF or globalize the Intofada are specific threats against Jews. But in Europe, if you say something even mildly critical of Islam, you'll be arrested.
Speaker 2: For your tweet.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely a double standard, because the standard is did you give offense? And if you have one group that is by which is the embodiment of Western civilization saying I don't want you, I don't appreciate your criticizing me, but you get to in fact, I cherish your right to criticize my politics, my religion, my economy, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Accept that. In fact I embrace it.
Speaker 1: And then on the other side, you have a group that says if you criticize me, I will kill you, I will hurt you, and the government, the Western government stands up and says, well, that offended them. So you can't say that, as you said, Jack, that's abandoning the lessons of the Enlightenment. I mean, it's beyond perverse. It's well, it's suicidal. It's quite quite literally suicidal.
Speaker 2: Have you. I don't think I have ever heard anybody make that point about the uh what was that making fun of the Mormons Broadway show? It played here in Sacramento recently. Yeah, Book of Mormon, Book of Mormon. I've no, I don't know if I've ever heard anybody else make that point. And it's not to not have the Book of Mormon musical.
Speaker 1: It's just a.
Speaker 2: Come on now, you can't claim that anybody who mocks Islam brings violence upon themselves. They caused it and make fun of Mormons like that and make those make those fit in a worldview to me, you're being hypocritical.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's very much like saying a woman can say something to her spouse unless he will beat her for it. I mean, so if you're gonna pick a religion to make fun of it, and I'm sorry, can we spend a second half second on that. You have granted the individual husband the right to either beat his wife or not beat his wife, depending on whether it pissed him off. That's the opposite of equal protection of their law. It's ob scene if.
Speaker 2: You're going to pick a religion and then the most extreme version of it to mock. Is there anything you could go do more with than fundamentalist Islam and the fact that you don't let women show their skin, among other things, throw gay people off the top of buildings. Can't write a musical about that that you could come up with some things to you know, poke at. It's too dangerous.
Speaker 1: It's a difference between a religion of turning the other cheek and a religion of kill those.
Speaker 2: Who oppose us. That's wild. I'd say that's one word for it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a word from our friends at Prize Picks. You do not have to have a draft pick a team. Your team sucks, your season is over early, wait till next year. With Prize Picks, you can enjoy fantasy football every week. Pick your favorite players and win when they hit their projections every week, no draft required.
Speaker 2: I really love this new feature. Prize Picks now has early payouts. If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you now have the option to cash out before the game even finishes. And then, as always with Prize Picks, you're not stuck with the team in the lineup and everything like that like with a lot of your various fantasy sports the whole season. Even if your team sucks and you're out of the playoffs, No, you can still get involved on a regular basis with Price Picks. Download the Prize Picks up today.
Speaker 1: Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups. After you play your first five dollars lineup, you don't have to win. It's automatic fifty dollars to play around with after you play five dollars prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right. It is good to be right. I'm seldom right. I have to only assume that it feels good to be right. I'm usually wrong, kind of used to it, so I don't know how bad it feels.
Speaker 1: When you're talking about fundamentalist Islam. And I was recently reminded of this. The expansion of Islam is considered the proof of its truth, and the success of Islam over the centuries has been proof of the righteousness of the religion, and so any setback, any loss of territory, particularly in the Middle East, you know, the birthplace of Islam, is considered a horrific, horrific loss, setback, insult, threat to the very soul of humanity, because remember, Mohammad was the seal of the Prophet's, the last prophet, and they cannot accept that, they never will accept it. There will never be a two state solution. There will only be waiting till they can snuff the Jews.
Speaker 2: That's reality I've seen pieces recently in publications or heard them on NPR or wherever about Christian nationalism, how scary that is for the country, or all the young men that are joining the Orthodox Church, how scary that might be become. Where's your piece about fundamentalist Islam and how scary that is and how it's a problem. Never I've I don't know if I've ever read one in a New York Times or heard it on beer or an NPR or anything like that. They're rare, for sure, ever heard one? And this shooting in Australia NPR every day it's all about guns and gun laws. You haven't talked about extremist Muslims at.
Speaker 1: All, as far as I know, I want to talk about useful idiots, my god.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on any of that? Text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 6: Police in Florida arrested two men and a woman a good luck guessing which is which after they were discovered having drunken sex and a Win Dixie parking lot. The trio was immediately transported to a waffle House parking.
Speaker 2: Lot, so they had pictures up there obviously, and the you know, good luck guessing which is which? It was. It was not easy to tell which which was the woman with the two dudes there having sex in the parking lot there of the the diner probably figured it out eventually, I would imagine. I assume when they set out at the beginning they had an idea. I don't know. So we got people donating to boy Scouts, some funny names. We'll do a total maybe an hour. Four Dead Flowers fan club president though in for twenty five bucks. That's jokes, old man. Thanks d Effors FC president guy president. There you go, early dinner donated fifty bucks. Appreciate that glad that lives on. And my favorite was an early dinner and my favorite twenty five bucks from Michelangelo's toe. Hey, thank you. Wow, that's odd. Michelangelo's diabetes toe. How's that going, Michael? Oh, I'm doing good now, you seem to me. Yeah, yeah, I'm hanging in there. How are you doing? In terms of eating the way you're supposed to eat? Is a guy with diabetes.
Speaker 7: Overall pretty good? But I slip sometimes Sometimes you just get that craving for something sweet. But if I eat something sweet, I run it off, is what I do.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to your doctors about like the artificial sweetener stuff and all. I mean, because there's a lot of stuff that. I mean, it's sweet to the point of that it's just disgusting, but it has no sugar in it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I need to explore more sugar free options.
Speaker 2: But uh, yeah, real stuff. How strict are you supposed to be? Well?
Speaker 6: For me, I'm not that bad.
Speaker 7: I mean some people have it's much worse. Everybody's a little bit different. But I'm able to control it. I have a little meter on my skin that uh tells me where I'm at, and I just kind of followed the meter.
Speaker 2: But if your wife hadn't pushed you go to the doctor when she noticed something wrong with your toe, yeah, you could have lost your foot, your leg.
Speaker 7: I I really don't know how bad it would have gotten. But yeah, if you don't treat it, it can get really bad. You can lose limbs and toes and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, is this Katie?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: I do want to give Michael credit. When he was leaving the gym yesterday, there was an entire table of cookies and I saw it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw yeah, But seriously, whose idea was it to Hey, let's set up a couple of tables.
Speaker 2: And just load it with treats. Here at the gym, what was that committee meeting? Like, I don't know. The new Kevin Hart comedy special that's on Netflix that I watch here today's pretty dang funny. But anyway, he was talking about how he didn't he was at a big gathering, family gathering, and he didn't order desert at the restaurant. And one of his uncles was like, wow, oh, you're too big for dessert to mister Hollywood, won't eat desert with those everything like that, And Kevin Hart said, look under the table, all I see is a whole bunch of left feet. Oh my god. We don't know how this family is. I guess in the black community, particularly. He says in his comedy special, it's a diabetes is a big problem. Yeah, that's true, losing your foot. Good lord, what's a dark joke. Everybody laughed, Wow, got big laughs. This is might get laughs from you. So Katie had the story earlier of moms who were getting involved in their kids bumble profiles because they're twenty something or thirty somethings, aren't married yet and they're thinking maybe they could spruce it up for him. We got this text. My mom helped me with my profile. Is she wanted something more positive than single divorced dad. That's only hope. As you're shreking me is remember shrekking? Is shreking is still a thing? Or was there actually a thing? Dating someone? For women dating a dude you know has been which is a horrible term, because they'll be nicer to you.
Speaker 1: They'll worship you in a desperate attempt to hold onto you. Yes, they'll treat you better. That's Shrek and you're dating Shrek because they'll treat you better.
Speaker 2: I don't like humans. Good good luck with your life. Go to Armstrong in getty dot com if you don't want to donate to the Scouts. If you miss the secment, get our podcast Armstrong and Getti on demand Armstrong and Getty