Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part one. I hang a thing with a member of the show.
Speaker 2: What's Up Everybody? In Happy twenty twenty six? Mike, do what's up?
Speaker 1: New Year?
Speaker 2: It feels crazy because we are currently recording this in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five feels like the old year.
Speaker 2: It is the old year for us, but in this moment you're hearing this, it is a happy twenty twenty six. What did you do for New Year's What were your plans that you would plan to do?
Speaker 3: At least?
Speaker 1: I love New Year's Day. Like New Year's Eve is kind of like I don't really do anything. I don't drink, so it's not really a holiday to me anymore. Used to be, I used to party all that was like my favorite day of the year. Really yeah, But now New Year's Day is my favorite because you can do nothing and there's no expectations. I think it's the best holiday.
Speaker 2: It really is that in between right after Christmas and those five days until New Year's in New Year's Day, there is nothing happening. Yeah, Like there's not a single brain cell that's a movie in my head.
Speaker 3: During those five days.
Speaker 1: It's that time where you forget what day of the week. It is, you're like, what am I eating? Who cares? And you're kind of like in that that blindness.
Speaker 3: Yep, I love in my sweat uniform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see me the same outfit probably about three or four times during that whole thing. Yep, I totally get that. But I feel like New Year's is an overrated holiday.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's fun depending on what you do. Like, if you love to party, it's a great holiday.
Speaker 3: It's true. But like I used to love to party, and I still do.
Speaker 2: Like I love gatherings now versus the party per se. But I don't know something about the hype around New Year's where you have to get all dressed up, it's freezing cold outside, you pay an exorbitant amount of money to go somewhere, and uber's cost a crap ton of money, so if you are drinking, you better be prepared for that. It's like the only way that New Year's is good to me is if you're going to a house party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, when I say party, I mean only house party. I didn't really do going out partying. I'm talking about house party, Okay. I have the best memories. Is like getting and drinking a lot in the cold, like something about like having a cold drink in your hand and it also being cold out. Oh you like it, so you're committed to it. That's fun to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, But maybe it's because you don't have to wear like a tiny sparkling dress and fuels.
Speaker 3: That's the difference. But that's fair.
Speaker 2: I will say we're doing a house where we did a house party this year with a bunch of my friends from back home, and I was really excited looking for, like coming to that day versus normally when New Year's I'm like, oh, I don't want to do anything. Like last year I was at my parents' house, I did nothing. I ate grapes under the table. Is that last year of the year before it all blours together now?
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I've stopped doing stuff because it was so overrated for me.
Speaker 1: I'm also a sucker for live events, so I love watching the New Year's Eve like countdown.
Speaker 3: Oh, you watched the ball drop?
Speaker 1: I watched like all three hours leading up to that. Like for Thanksgiving, we watched the entire Thanksgiving baraid. I don't know. There's something about those two holidays that just tell me, like I need to watch the live TV version of this, So you like.
Speaker 2: The live celebration, Yeah, will you watch the one from Nashville.
Speaker 1: I'll go back and forth because they'll go to commercial at like different times, so I'll go back and forth between the main one in the Nashville one.
Speaker 2: Well, and isn't there for New Year's? Isn't there four or five different ones?
Speaker 1: I know there's the two main that I flip back and forth, and I don't know if they're doing that third one still. I remember like Miley Cyrus and Pete Davidson hosted it one year and it went very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was all the major I guess networks trying to compete with each other.
Speaker 3: Everybody kind of had their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know if they're all still doing it, but yeah, Nashville's now want into the mix.
Speaker 3: They've been doing that one for quite a while though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the performances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that they record like months ahead. That's the thing I always like pick out. I'm like, here's the live ones. Here's one where it's clearly July.
Speaker 2: I know, and I get it because people have plans on New Year's. It's not how you get the big names. But it's funny to me because like the people that go, I feel like they get jipped a little bit because you think everybody's going to be there, they're not.
Speaker 3: You get like three or four of them. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Okay, so New Year's parties, but this year you were low key.
Speaker 3: Low key watching the ball drop.
Speaker 1: That's what I like to do.
Speaker 3: Do you drink on New Year's Now?
Speaker 1: No, I am questioning whether or not I'm going to drink on this break, okay, because I probably have had a drink since like the first vacation this summer.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so significant break and usually I like plan it out like I this year, I did retire the day where I would eat everything my purge day.
Speaker 1: For the last two years, I haven't done it, one because I don't feel like I need it anymore, and two because now that I'm married and we go back and forth between families, it's hard to plan a day for it. It was kind of more of a single thing where I was like, I know I'm going to be with my family on this day. I can go buy all the food and have it for that one day. But now it's like, we don't always know where we're going to go and where we're going to be, and I have to be like in the right state of mind and have everything perfect in order to make that day work. So it's harder to do now in this phase of life. And also I just feel like I'm kind of past it. It was kind of a thing I put on myself early on, but I don't think I need it anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, and I feel like couraged me if I'm wrong. But now if you wanted to have something, you just may have it, yeah, versus it was like you were really strict on yourself up until that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife is been able to convince me that I'm not going to revert back just because I have a couple of things here and there. But the thing I would kind of like place an assign to that was like, that's also going to be the day where I drink a lot. And now I'm like, I don't really factor that in anymore. I'm like, if I want to, I will, but it's usually only on vacation or Christmas, and I'm debating on whether or not I even want you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, then here's this question.
Speaker 2: When you have those things, when you've had the food and you've had alcohol. Are you like, oh my gosh, give me more anymore immediately, or are you okay?
Speaker 3: That tasted good and I'm good going back.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's not worth it anymore where I have it, and I'm like, this isn't as fun as I remember. Yeah, even the last time, Like my whole favorite thing is to go to baseball games and have beers at a baseball game just because that's like that's comfort to me. Even the last time I did that, I was like, this isn't as fun as I remember to be, Like I can still have the same enjoyment enjoyment from this not drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel that same way too, Like the hangovers just aren't worth it to me anymore.
Speaker 1: I think it's just more the idea of drinking that I enjoy. Yeah, social accents, Yeah, even just having something in your hands sometimes, like the bottle in your hand, Like I like that feeling and like sipping on something. But I don't think I necessarily need it to be alcohol, Like I could just have a topo Cheico and have the same effect I've learned.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, there's so many cool drinks now that are non alcoholic. I feel like you can find something to sip on, to hold it in your hand and have that same feeling without the repercussions of drinking.
Speaker 1: That's also why I think more sports like venues need to have coffee. Yeah, like I would just drink a bunch of coffee.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mike, let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: So I went to a Papa bar with my boyfriend and he was He got an espresso martini.
Speaker 3: He loves those.
Speaker 1: That's the very people love him. I've never had one.
Speaker 3: I feel like you need to try on since you love coffee.
Speaker 1: Is there is there darien or is it just expresso in alcohol?
Speaker 3: It depends where you go.
Speaker 1: Some it's just act. They look kind of sweet.
Speaker 3: Well, so they have foam, but that's from shaking the espresso.
Speaker 1: Ah, I got it. So it real.
Speaker 2: Some of them could have dairy and like a creamer in them potentially, but I've known plenty that don't and they don't have a significant foam on them. So they're all different and you can make them at home and it be the same thing.
Speaker 3: You just have to shake it.
Speaker 2: I've learned as kind of the key ingredient to make it look like an espresso martini.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he got that and I got a.
Speaker 2: Hot apple cider because I wanted to participate, but I wasn't really wanting to drink.
Speaker 3: I still haven't been.
Speaker 2: And I got a message and was like, you're having coffee at a bar, grow up? And I was like, excuse me, First of all, this apple cider. I can have that at a bar, And sid of.
Speaker 3: All, who cares? Like, what are we really shaming drinks?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a grow up type of thing. I think that's just your preference. Yeah, I know more places should serve coffee for or even just have more options that don't feel like you're just ordering like a virgin drink, like non alcoholic options. There's a way to go, and why not branch out half coffee?
Speaker 3: I see, I don't see a problem with it. I was so like offended by that. I was like, grow up, where am I supposed to grow up to?
Speaker 1: Not like you're having like an apple juice or like like a kool Aid pack.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you the appleside vinegar or not vinegar applesider, just appleside hot apple size.
Speaker 1: Vinegar that'd be an hardcore drink. That'd be horrible. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can really take a sip of apple sider vinegar and I want to vomit.
Speaker 1: You should, just, inspite of that person, have a Caprisa now next time they.
Speaker 3: Do make alcoholic precise.
Speaker 1: It sounds delicious. The only thing I've had like that that I worried about my health was vodka Red Bulls the first time I went to Vegas. That was like the end of the night thing. But it tasted amazing, but I was not able to fall asleep that night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those are those I when I used to drink a lot in college. When I wanted to stay awake through the night, I was drinking a Red Bull vodka about midnight.
Speaker 1: I think, out of every flavor in the world, the flavor of Red Bull is my favorite flavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's something about all the chemicals or whatever it is they get to make a taste like that that is amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, and they have a new one. It's an apple apple vinegar type thing. Apple and huh cider. I can't remember ginger ginger.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a drink.
Speaker 2: It was apple and ginger and it was amazing. It tastes a very fall cold weather type. So if you like the taste, I don't know if you'd like the taste of a flavored one, but it was bomb.
Speaker 1: I think out of everything now, I've just convinced myself to go get a red Bull. You can leave here, no beer, nolco. I just want a red Bull.
Speaker 2: So no drinking this holiday. Just some a pack of Red Bull. You can be wired on everything for every night. And your wife is like, what is happening?
Speaker 3: Which does your wife drink a lot? How is that like situation for you too?
Speaker 1: She likes wine? Okay, so she'll she's like, I wish you drink wine so I could enjoy this with somebody. Yeah, but she loves wine. And then if we go out, she'll she likes a spicy margarita.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny about that is I have realized my boyfriend doesn't like to drink alone and I don't like to eat sweets alone. So like, yeah, I could see that there's a social aspect of both of those things. So your wife's saying that complete makes so much sense in my head because like if I go, say we go get a sweet treets, especially right now, if I find a vegan, gluten free sweet treet, I'm all about it because I want to try it and I want to curb my sweet tooth. And we'll walk into those places and he'll look at me and say, I don't know, I'm not feeling it, and he gets like a death stare for me. I'm like, you're really not gonna We went all this way and you're not gonna get one. And he's like, I just want a few bites of yours and I was like, no, I don't share, but I want you to participate. And we laugh about it because he does the same thing with drinking, like sometimes he won't drink because I'm not, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: You're fine, please have as much as you want.
Speaker 2: I'll drive. That's the best part of this. And he's like, but it's not as fun.
Speaker 3: To drink by myself. So we've realized our comparisons are that.
Speaker 1: I think she has drone to like it, because, like you said, I always just drive so she can have a drink, and I'm the one who's always going to be sobering. I can drive exactly.
Speaker 2: But I do see the aspect where we're like, I really wish I could cheer someone or like, you know, we're in it together.
Speaker 3: We have the little buzz.
Speaker 2: It's a partnership thing because I'm the same thing with sweets. I want to be like, okay, well how was it? And more than anything, I really just want to try two different things. But I only have to buy one thing.
Speaker 1: That's really what I'm working the system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you get something different, we get to share. I digress. That's that's hard to bay. That's been happening lately.
Speaker 2: New Year's resolutions is what we're gonna get into next. We're gonna take a quick break and we're gonna see how last years went. Ones that we have coming up, all the good stuff. All right, So first of all, how did your New year resolution for twenty twenty five go?
Speaker 1: It went okay. But I think that's the thing leading me to my new resolution because last year was for me to invest more in myself. Yeah, which I thought I did an okay job at but I don't think I put enough time into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, and invest more into yourself, meaning.
Speaker 1: Meaning doing things that I normally wouldn't do because I think I don't have time to do them. Whether it's like okay, here's an opportunity where I can maybe host something, but I have to like take time out of doing something else and just find time for it, because that's really hard for me to do. Like even planning a month ahead, I'm like, what is we're going to look like in that timeframe? Can I commit to this? So it's doing things like that of like, okay, I want to invest in myself and knowing that that could lead me to something else I want to do in my future. I got to make time for that and invest in myself. It was also this past year with my teeth getting those fixed and going through that entire process figuring out what road I wanted to go down, how painful or not painful I wanted it to be. That was all investing in myself to just feel more confident. I think that was probably the biggest thing that paid off last year of I just felt better overall, and that allowed me to just feel like, Okay, like I can do these other things and invest in myself because now I kind of in a weird way, felt worthy of things now, just because that's a big part of I think even the way I carry myself now is like having no braces anymore.
Speaker 3: It was a confidence factor for sure.
Speaker 1: And I didn't realize it, like I thought the entire time I had them, that I got used to them, that I liked them, But it was so weird. Like a month or maybe two more after going back and seeing pictures of me, and I'm like, oh wow, I looked a lot, damn it. And I just feel so much better and more free. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm sure being an adult and doing that as an adult also comes with its own challenges. So you weren't just like yourself trying to work through your confidence of what was happening. But also you're doing something later on in life, and that always comes with its own judgment and things, even though there shouldn't be. Somebody's just trying to do something cool for themselves, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's hard to invest in yourself because you feel selfish. M hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like if you get braces as a kid, it's almost like your parents are making you. Yeah, but as an adult, you're like, oh, I'm doing this for me. Nobody else is making me. I don't have to. I'm spending money on myself.
Speaker 3: But like that's where it matters.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's where the confidence comes from, is when you start to really invest in yourself.
Speaker 1: And I feel like there's this weird line that I walk of, like wanting to invest in myself but also not feeling like I don't like your kind of like a little bit like conceited or something, or just like I care about myself a little bit too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody feels this way about like think Okay, here's another reference on social media. Okay, I have posted like a carousel and it was like my boyfriend takes pictures of me, and somebody wrote.
Speaker 3: Isn't that conceited to have pictures of you?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm sorry, Since when is like wanting memories of myself locked into a photo a bad thing? We look back on him, You're eighty years old, I'm gonna look back on photos and me actually be in the photos. Yeah, you know, I don't want to be the one taking all of the photos. It's cool to do that, but it's also cool to be a participant in that. Like we love to self assign this association of somebody being selfish by doing anything that's for themselves, and that's just not the case, like somebody being selfish is like, oh, I purposely shut the door on your face because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Hold it open for you. That's selfish.
Speaker 2: Or I'm selfishly gonna take every last I don't know freaking Christmas tree that exists so nobody else can have them.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Those things are selfish.
Speaker 1: Now that you point out other examples, I can see why, Like what I'm doing doesn't feel as selfish.
Speaker 2: No, and it's not you taking care of yourself, And anybody wanting to do something that makes them happy isn't selfish. And I do not know where this whole trend came of, like making fun of people to be selfish for doing things that make them happy.
Speaker 1: The picture thing is interesting because I feel like as a society, we start saying we've been saying for a while now, like don't have your phone out, you're just live in the moment. And I feel like I started to do that for a little bit, like Okay, I just need to experience this. I need to enjoy that and have my mind record it. Something that changed my mind was the New Bad Bundy album that came out earlier this year, and that translated The title of it is I should like I should have taken more photos where it's somebody looking back in like their eighties or nineties and realizing they didn't have photos of people that they love throughout their life. And I think we're seeing that now, like, oh, you need to live in the moment. You need to not have your phone up at a concert or take pictures, like you're saying, these person calling you out for, you know, capturing these memories. We're not thinking about us when we're eighty or ninety years old thinking back, like what did I do when I was thirty? I only went to a car. I don't have any videos of it. You're gonna look back, man, I should have taken more pictures.
Speaker 2: Well, And I think there's a sweet balance there, right, like, yes, live in the moment, enjoy yourself, don't be you know, when you're out of dinner with friends, don't be on your phone, or when you're spending time with family. Try to make sure you're present and not you know, doom strolling or whatever. But to capture memories and be the one who's like, no, we need a photo of everything is actually a really good quality trick because.
Speaker 3: I promise you.
Speaker 2: You know how many times when we've been at the senior living community, I've watched them scrapbooking their photos from the past, and they get so excited to see these photos, whether it's of themselves or their family or these memories that they have. And it really gave me that perspective of I'm going to take a picture of whatever I want to take a picture of and because I want.
Speaker 3: To remember it always.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I'm going to have my memory in fifty years, so I hope that I can look at pictures and say, oh, that's a cool time, you know, even if just for a moment. And I think there is a good balance there that can exist. But I just in general, I just think it's so wrong that people seem to think that anything along the lines of making you happy, that you think is going to serve you at some point in your life.
Speaker 3: It's selfish. It's insane to me.
Speaker 2: It is crazy, right, Like, especially giving up the examples of like, yeah, these people are selfish, it's a selfish thing to do versus that reality, like we've really twisted the definition of that.
Speaker 3: So do the braces.
Speaker 2: Speaking of braces, and you were like talking about your like new vibe, new look, we got an update?
Speaker 1: Is that coming into this, I've hit a roadblock.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's not the new Year's resolution for twenty twos.
Speaker 1: I My new year's resolution is just like double down on that. Okay. I feel like I didn't do as good of a job with some of the things, like some of the projects I wanted to do where I just never made time for it, And I feel like that's investing in myself of just getting these things out that I've been wanting to do for a while. So I feel like that was the hardest part for me to find time to invest in because when I start looking at like all these hours I have in a week, it is so hard for me to assign like this is a time where I'm going to focus on this that's not necessarily a task I need to complete. There's no timeline on it, which I think is probably the most difficult thing for me. If I have something that has no deadline, no real structure to it, it's hard for me to make it a priority. Where this is just kind of a concept. There's nobody checking on this, it's all just me, So it's hard for me to think like, ah, that's something I can I can just do that next year. I can do that later, And it's something I've just never done yet because I just haven't invested the time to actually do it.
Speaker 2: You have to reframe the way that your brain sees that activity as something you need to do for you, not a need because it has a timeline, not a need because you have like this goal to hit at this point. It needs to be a need for yourself, Like you have to teach your brain like, no, this is necessary for my mental health, for my joy, for my sanity, you know, to keep you myself happy.
Speaker 3: It's in need, you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's easy to categorize those things as once, especially when you do have like you and I have only so many hours in a day to get so many things done, and we pushed away the other things. But those other things are the only things that are going to keep that to do list actually moving and you happy, you know what I mean, Like you deserve to be happy in the midst of all.
Speaker 3: Of that chaos.
Speaker 2: And so you almost have to like teach your brain to they know that's that's a on the to do list because it's necessary and not treat it as like, oh, I want to do that, and maybe when I have some time I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easy. I think it's just like for me, I need like a checklist, so I need to at least give myself checkpoints throughout the year. Okay, but I'm like looking at that's what I'm gonna try to do, Like, Okay, by this time, I need to be doing this, and if I'm not, then I can reevaluate. I love that it doesn't feel like it's as daunting because I've learned without having anything, I just don't do it. So give me something that makes you feel a little less daunting that I can just take it on.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's going to help you and it'll allow you to prioritize it hopefully with those checkpoints, because you seem to operate well, which is.
Speaker 1: Check That's what I do every day. I have like a little run down, like a little small to do list I make every single day and mark things off, and then I have like a thing below it that's like at least in this week, and then the things I really want to do I just don't put there because I'm like I'll find time for that and you don't, Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 2: So you've got to add it to the checklist I have. Typically, I have a like a list for like, like you said, kind of like the week, and then I have like a win like it's like house projects whenever we have time, like this is what we have to start working on. And then I have a year list where it's like this is we're hopefully getting done in the week, hopefully within the month, and.
Speaker 3: Hopefully within the year. That's kind of my and then I putting them on the list.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know if you're like me, but if I see something all list it's not crossed off, it really bothers you. Yeah, So if you can do that too, that would help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I see something and I'm like, how do I get that off immediately?
Speaker 2: Yeah. At least it like kind of forces you to be like, this is an activity I need to do, and then it reframes your brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I like that it's rolling in from this year though, because philium makes it more attainable because you're just working off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Because in the past, I've always tried to like set a resolution that I'm completely changing. Here's a whole brand new thing. I've never carried one over and thought, how can I improve this resolution that I've already started and made it better? So I was like, why not just double down and what I did before and just make that better instead of trying to think, like I need to do some new resolution this year again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: And I'm also the same because twenty twenty five, I think it might have been twenty Heck, I don't even know if I made one this past year, but the last one I remember it is me walking my dog every day was my goal and that crashed out about I don't know three weeks in. I did not accomplish, and I want to That's still a goal that I have, but mine's actually like yours. Where I started it in July of this year was all of my health stuff. I'm hoping to continue that, like really honing in on how my body's being stress, how I'm working my body in different ways, and how I can optimize myself and my health a lot better. And so I'm like feeding off of what I've already been doing to like really continue to buckle down into the new year, and it doesn't feel as daunting because I've already started it.
Speaker 3: It's not like I January first.
Speaker 1: Yeah I have to that's a great thing. Yeah, I would say even if you don't have one by the start of the year, at any point, just start because I remember a big thing for me when I first lost weight. I was gonna wait until the New year, but I remember it like, I can't wait because then I'm gonna I'm either not going to commit to it or it's going to feel like a fad. So I remember starting in October and I was like, if I could get over the holidays sticking to this diet, it'll be so much easier. Whenever January first comes around that I'm already going to feel like I have a head start and have already kind of proven myself a little bit. So I remember that being a pretty big deal, in like that being successful, because before I tried it, it was always like a New Year's resolution. I was like, I'm just gonna start in October.
Speaker 2: Well, it's true because in New Year's resolutions are notorious for a lot of health goals. Right because you're starting fresh, it's a new year.
Speaker 3: New year, it's kind of you already did all the treats the alcohol you're.
Speaker 1: Ready to do. That's why.
Speaker 2: Also, what is it sober January or dry January is so popular, And I'm just like, I'm just going to continue what I've been doing and focus on that trajectory instead of like stop start stop start, because I don't do well at those if I just stay what I've been doing at work. So I'm hoping I continue, Like maybe this time next year, I'm hoping that I've really narrowed down and figured out my diet and hopefully don't feel like the need to even eat a lot of the holiday foods. It would be my ideal goal in that world, because right now I still have a lot of the cravings and I want to try things, and I still want to have it. I feel like I'm missing out if I don't, you know what I mean, But while still doing my routine and my normal diet in my everyday life. But then I see a holiday treat or a hot chocolate and I get really excited.
Speaker 1: That's crazy to me that I don't have cravings anymore. I was thinking about this because we've been doing like a gift basket snack basket for our delivery drivers. Yeah, and we have like a just big thing of candy in the house. And I thought me ten fifteen years ago, that couldn't have existed in the house like I would have seen it, and I would have just annihilated that thing, like I couldn't have candy and not finish at all. And now I saw it, and I was like, I realized that I don't even think about that, Like I don't even I see that as something that I don't even want to partake in. And I just don't have cravings anymore. I'm so jealous. It's weird. And that's what took me to realize that that, dang, I don't even like create, Like I can't even go to the store and think like I want to throw something in or I'm driving home like man's stuff by Taco Bell that there used.
Speaker 2: To be though, I mean, it shows how far you've come, right, like mine's mostly there, Like I shockingly, I haven't had Taco Bell in three months?
Speaker 3: Who am I talking about? Like that was my go to And now.
Speaker 2: Even with the sweet treats I'll try, I won't over indulge in them. Now now it's like I just want, you know, I want a little bit or like Thanksgiving I had. I think I ate three meals total over Thanksgiving stuff, Like normally I would eat it every single day until like the food's gone, you know what I mean. And I still am I'm bad about that. I don't like wasting food. I'm not a like I'll try and eat everything before it goes bad, because I just don't like wasting stuff. And my boyfriends had to be like Morgan, that's been in there for like a week, I think we need to throw that away and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, no it so you're like trying to eat it all.
Speaker 2: And so that was kind of how I feel about Thanksgiving left ards. So I'm also trying to rewrite that where I'm like, it's okay, you can get rid of it. But I've gotten a lot better where now I just taste things and I try them instead of having fifteen sugar cookies that I didn't need.
Speaker 3: So I'm hoping to be where you are next year because that would be cool. That's probably a cool place to be.
Speaker 2: Where you just like you have complete control over what you want to have, and when you do want something, you'll have it.
Speaker 3: But it's not a craving. It's like a Okay, yeah, I'm good. I want to have that.
Speaker 1: I feel like those dogs whenever you put like a treat in front of them and they're like so well trained they don't even look at it. That's that's me.
Speaker 3: That's impressive because we all know the dogs on that.
Speaker 1: Tree and if you say a treat and they eat it, that's that's me.
Speaker 3: And I'm the dog becau sees the trees like that and goes crazy. It's like, give me more. That's my dog. So that tracks.
Speaker 2: Okay, take one more quick break, and we're gonna come back and talk about our our personal wraps for the years. So we're gonna talk about some top foods. Okay, how many minutes you maybe watch TV? Which we're not going to have exact numbers, saying this is kind of a guess, so we'll be right back. There's companies all over the place that are talking about they're like, you know, find out how they're twenty twenty five looked. So I want to talk about our twenty twenty five years. What did your twenty twenty five look in the aspect of top foods? Give me your top three foods that you think you consume this year.
Speaker 1: Should I go three two one or start at one, whichever you want. I know my number one food that I eat way too much that other people probably don't eat as much as I do. As dates. I think that's my number one snack I love. I buy a big thing dates every single week, and you just eat them, plain plain on the weekend. Sometimes I'll put a little peanut butter or I think my wife has some oat butter.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, some kind of nut butter, and it tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: It tastes like to me, it tastes like a doughnut.
Speaker 3: Okay, those are good.
Speaker 2: Have you added flaky sy salt to the almond butter or whatever butter you're adding.
Speaker 1: No, I don't really like salt.
Speaker 3: Gosh, you're so good at this sweet.
Speaker 1: And SALTYA has never been even when I yeah, I don't understand the appeal of that.
Speaker 3: You hurt my heart. Okay, that a good one. Dates Number one.
Speaker 1: Number two is probably some kind of fig bar is what I eat a lot of when I just need something quick.
Speaker 3: Those are your breakfasts typically, Okay.
Speaker 1: I ate that literally before coming in here.
Speaker 2: You're really going to figure out everybody's breakfasts because they're all pretty normal, like we do in some.
Speaker 1: Kind of protein bar or some kind of fig bar. But I enjoy the fig bar better.
Speaker 3: Isn't like Nature's Bakery or something that one.
Speaker 1: And then I just tried a new one. I don't even know the name of it, but they're they're really good too, and they're like a little bit more bite size.
Speaker 2: I'm very observate. I see a lot of things. Okay, all right, fig And then.
Speaker 1: Number three three overall is just caffeine coffee?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, could you always bring in your like water bottle full of coffee? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, that is water? Okay, if I drink that much coffee, that'd be crazy. I drink my coffee before I even walk in the studio, but I'll have my sixteen ounce before the show, and then I have my afternoon coffee later in the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that might as well be a water bottle.
Speaker 1: Mic we might as well. But the other one is like twenty four ounces. But I mean, I tell you, do you drink about close to twenty four ounces?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you said sixteen is the first one, and then you said another wondering how much is the one in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Like a mug.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a ten ounce cans twenty four mic unless I go to Starbucks and then I get the thirty ounce.
Speaker 2: Then even more than that, you've made water bottle seem like it was crazy. But that's how much you're consuming today, all right, those are good ones.
Speaker 3: I think mine. Number one has been chickpeas.
Speaker 2: I have been devouring chickpeace in brownies, in soups, and just full blown dishes.
Speaker 3: I found every way to change a chickpea.
Speaker 1: I like a crunchy chickpee.
Speaker 3: Oh see, those are good.
Speaker 2: A crunchy chicken and a salad that's bomb. Chick beas have been my guy this year. I don't know why, but I've been. I found him in every recipe. And number two, let's see, I feel like a big one for this lately, has been soup. I've really, even even in summer, I was eating soup.
Speaker 1: I don't ask me why you around food.
Speaker 3: I just don't a winter girly, you know, I'm just really not a summer girly. I like the winter.
Speaker 2: I like being cozy and comfort, and soup is comfort to me. And I've found so many soup dishes that I really like, especially in the last several months, so soup.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can eat soup anymore. It just takes me back to when all we could afford was soup. So to me, soup feels like like loneliness and like sorrow. Okay, but man, I really want bird King right now? Movie got soup?
Speaker 3: So is it like sad soup?
Speaker 1: Is soup?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Sad soup? These are like suits that you make and you add a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: Of things in maybe alphabet suit. I guess I just don't have a real relationship with soup that's like good soup. That's why I was like people order soup at restaurants, like, why would you get depressing soup? I didn't realize it's something that could be good.
Speaker 2: It is, Okay, I need to send you my vegan potato soup and you would love it.
Speaker 1: Maybe like my mom would make an elevated version of soup with like actual meat and other things in it. But I didn't really see that as soup. I think some people would. But just like straight up soup, I'm like, this is sad to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess because you're having sad soup.
Speaker 1: So I get it.
Speaker 2: We need to do some good, hearty soups, and I need you to make the vegan potato soup because I think you would really like it.
Speaker 3: And I would be honored if that changed your It's not my restaurant.
Speaker 2: I just found it, but I'd be honored if that helped change your narrative on soup. E we won and then gosh my number three hmmm, well, I mean it's probably a drink for me too. In the last six months, I've consumed this more than anything else, really, because I've really tried to hold back on drinking alcohol.
Speaker 1: As ollipops, ah, I couldn't really get into.
Speaker 2: Those, so I can't get into most of them, but that great flavor.
Speaker 3: Has me in choke hold.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just had a bad flavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there is some bad ones, because I've had other ones.
Speaker 2: When the grape was ran out and I got really sad, I was like, this tastes like crap, but the lollipop grape flavor, granted, I love great flavored things. I don't know if that's a weird thing. Do you like greape flavored stuff?
Speaker 1: Again? Kind of reminds me of being broke.
Speaker 3: So what you're telling me, is my diet about of a child. I'm saying this right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, ollipop grape is the top tier flavor in my opinion, and I haven't draining it a lot of it.
Speaker 1: As far as flavors from my childhood, I think I associate great with being Oh yeah, it was grape.
Speaker 3: Left, like for like a grape popstick.
Speaker 1: Like I think of like when I'd go to party, like kid parties when I was a kid, and they had all just like the random generic flavored soda. Oh and all like the colas are gone, the sprites were gone. It was always like grape soda that was left because nobody was too excited. I'd be drinking like a welches and like it's left.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Okay, I'm sorry, my two shirt stuff for you. How many minutes.
Speaker 2: Do you think you watch TV or movies? And we're going generic, We don't really have a good number.
Speaker 1: I know about how many movies I watched this year, Okay, I think it was about one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 3: Holy crap.
Speaker 1: Because I keep a long running list of everything that I watch and review, and that's just new movies. I don't really well, I think the one to fifteen is maybe total, because sometimes I don't factor in the reviews of like things I rewatch or maybe something old that I watch for the first time. Okay, but I think I've seen one hundred and fifteen new movies.
Speaker 2: This year, Okay, and I'm gonna times that by two because that's relatively each one is nearly two hours. We're just gonna yeah, i'meralize it's about two hundred and thirty. That doesn't seem right. That doesn't seem right. Wait minutes, Yeah, that doesn't feel like enough. First, because each one is sixty minutes. That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I don't like math.
Speaker 2: You guys are seeing in real time. B was the only I only got a B in math. I'm the only subject because I sucked at it.
Speaker 1: These thirteen minutes, thank you. It's a lot of minutes, a lot.
Speaker 3: And that's just in movies.
Speaker 1: Just in movies. Yeah, TV shows. I don't even know how many shows I've watched this year, right, probably a series or two a month.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm the same way. I don't think I've watched as many movies as you because you'll sometimes like triple them up on a Saturday I would say I'm probably somewhere about like seventy movies.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watch a lot of TV.
Speaker 2: And it's also like it's including all the things in background that i'm watching too, right like because when I'm at homeworking, everything's on the TV, so I also including the ones that I specifically make sure to watch.
Speaker 3: So I would say I'm about like three fourths of yours.
Speaker 1: That's still a lot.
Speaker 3: It's still a lot, but yours is a lot. Although that's crazy.
Speaker 1: At minimum three new movies a week, that's just minimum. That's a normal week.
Speaker 2: Also fair though, because you do have a movie podcast, so I can't give you a two heart of a time about that, but that's wild. It's a lot of minutes. Do you like see that number? You're like, I could have done a lot with those of a lot. How many scams did you fall for in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: I think this year I am scam free.
Speaker 3: Not a single one.
Speaker 1: I don't think, not a single one.
Speaker 2: I think I almost fell for two, Mike, I didn't, but they almost had me on two. One was like the hacker on PayPal, and I feel like, oh.
Speaker 1: I remember that you saw it?
Speaker 2: In real time, right, yeah, and I stopped him. It was like a whole dramatic scene. I was so proud of myself, but I think they're way. It happened because I was playing a game on my phone called travel Town that I really like to play, and there's a Facebook page where you can go and you can get more energy, and it's a legit Facebook pa it's.
Speaker 3: The company that has this game.
Speaker 2: Well, people can post on that page, and I think somebody realized that if you like to get their extra energy, you click their link, which is that company's link. I was always very good about that, but they started getting like floated into my feed and it was a scammer, I think. And it was a scam.
Speaker 3: Link because I was trying to get more.
Speaker 2: Energy energy so bad, and I was like, there's no because it was right around that PayPal hack, so I'm like it had to have been that link. What was crazy though, is I was like as soon as I clicked into I was like, no, no, no, I don't know what that is. And I like tried to go backward, but I think I was too late just even clicking it. Yeah, how long, So I think at least one and then There was another one where I got a text message and I panicked. It was just recently actually, and it was like, you have one hundred and eighty eight dollars left on a bill, a medical bill outstanding, and like we don't want to send it to collections or whatever. And I panicked, thankfully though, and it panicked to them. I called the medical office, where I was like, oh, yeah, no, you don't have a bill.
Speaker 3: And I was like cool.
Speaker 1: The one that almost gets me no matter how often I see it is there's a Facebook one whenever they're like, oh no, I can't believe they died, and they're like, wait who died? And you want to click the link like it's a news story. That one always gets me, Like I don't click it, but for a second, I'm like should I click it? Oh it's a scam?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is so funny you say that. My mom felt for that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it'll get you, Like even if you're like vigilant about that, there's something about that curiosity because the post is so unassuming yep, and it just kind of teases you with that clickbait like oh yeah, so sad and who died?
Speaker 2: This is how it happened for my mom was like somebody she's known for decades posted it, so their account got hacked and post it was like you'll never get who died or whatever. And I see my mom calming on it and was like, well, who is it?
Speaker 3: And I like talked to her the next day She's like, yeah, cleared.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, you didn't, and she got hacked on her razor bade change.
Speaker 1: So that did remind me that my TikTok did get hacked this year.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, but you got it back.
Speaker 1: I got it back, but I don't know what. I don't know how it happened. Like I know, ended up figuring out what country it was from and what they wanted to do, which they got in changed, my username changed, my profile changed, like the email just completely took it over so much so they would not even have any remnants of like me ever owning that account because they what they do is they do that so they can turn around and turn it into a TikTok shop yep. And they were applying for it, trying to get it approved and luckily it never got approved and I was able to get it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was and that was happening in the early morning hours too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we were messaging.
Speaker 2: About I was like, okay, I got it. I will wake up a little bit so we can see if we can help Mike. But I'm glad you ended up getting it back. That was crazy. Lunchbox never got his Twitter account back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was gone.
Speaker 3: We tried.
Speaker 2: But also Twitter's dumpster fire, so I didn't anticipate getting it back. There's not like a support to reach out to. I don't really have anybody there. I'm just like sorry, it literally is this a crazy social media platform right now?
Speaker 3: Your top online purchases.
Speaker 1: I don't really buy a whole lot of stuff online.
Speaker 2: What no, do you guys having stores? Yeah, okay, okay, we'll do just top purchases.
Speaker 1: Okay, cause I'm not really Here's the thing, I don't really spend money. Well that's a good quality that I don't really find enjoyment out of buying things.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think about whenever I moved to Nashville and got rid of all my things coming here. That was kind of a me having a I don't really need possessions type thing. Like there was something sobering about filling up my car with everything that I own and thinking like this really doesn't add up too much, and like I could just it was so easy for me to dump whatever little things I had into a dumpster because I was like this, this is worthless to me. That I kind of not a hoarder. Yeah, that I kind of had like this minimalist approach to life after that of like I don't really need things. I like that though.
Speaker 2: I think that's a really cool thing, especially in a consumer based economy right now, So I think that's something I think.
Speaker 1: It also just takes a lot for me to pull the trigger on a purchase where I'm like do I really need this? How am I going to see this in a month? Am I still going to want it? But I would say my number one thing that I do spend money on is probably comic books. Okay, yeah, like this this year, I found a lot of joy in going like every week to New Comic Book Day and getting comics. And I'd probably spend maybe on a good week if a lot of good stuff came out, it could be like thirty bucks a week.
Speaker 2: I thought you're about to say, like three hundred, No, thirty thirty is nothing, MiG, I mean that's a good number for even the thing that you find the most.
Speaker 1: Joy and like on a light week when maybe only a couple comics come out like ten bucks a week. And I've kind of slowed down even on that just because I got to a point where it fe like I was having to keep up with it, and I was like, I'll take a little bit of break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, comic books is a good one, and it's also turned into something you use too as your background with your podcast, so it technically might be a business expense.
Speaker 1: But I read them and then put them up.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Okay. Two others I.
Speaker 1: Guess clothes, but I've seen that more as an investment, like we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: But again with that, I have to like overthink every purchase, and I'm like, am I like this? I My wife hates going to shop with me because I'll go with the intent of getting something and not I'm like, if I don't fully love it, I'm not going to buy it, because then I know that I'm not gonna wear it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that's a great mentality to have.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend's kind of been revamping his style and stuff too, And I always I'm like, if you do not love it, do not buy this. I don't care if I love it, you are the one that's going to choose it and get it out of the closet and wear it.
Speaker 3: So do you love it? Great?
Speaker 1: Get it? Because for a while I was taking her suggestions on like what she thought I would look good in, and I was open to that. I tried that, but then I realized, if I don't feel comfortable in it, like I'm just not gonna wear it. Yep. I was like, I'm just not. I know instantly when I put something on, like if it feels like, oh, this is a perfect fit, I can't convince myself otherwise if I don't get that feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think guys naturally have a little bit easier with their clothes.
Speaker 3: Don't change quite as much in style wise.
Speaker 1: I've learned, Oh, I though you meant fitting wise. Oh that's the whole thing I've had to learn.
Speaker 2: Not too But also, just like our style, women's style seems to change every three months, right, there's something new, there's a new trend where guys, I feel like it's maybe once a year, maybe maybe every other year. So at least you know the things that you like. You don't constantly have things being added in to be like do I like this?
Speaker 1: Do I like that?
Speaker 2: And your guys's trends aren't dramatic shifts like we went from skinny jeans to wide leg jeans to barrel jeans and span about three years.
Speaker 3: But guys, they're still over there with like a little bit bigger than skinny.
Speaker 1: Jeans, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it might make that process a little bit easier.
Speaker 2: I would think I could be wrong, though, I don't know, But at least it's like something that you guys can can do together and you know for sure, like yes this or no not that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's a good quality to have. There's a lot of people I go in there a lot. I'm like, I don't know. My mom had to teach me that. She's like, do you love it? You don't love it? You're not gonna pick it out of the closet and wear it.
Speaker 1: And she was right right, Who was that mando?
Speaker 3: I was getting there?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I think that's it. I think we're wrapping for today. Oh okay, well not something funny? What is the thing that you are not looking forward to about the holidays, because we talked about all exciting things like and.
Speaker 3: We will have already experienced this at this point.
Speaker 2: But mine, and I'll give you minds, is that I'm dreading the eleven hour road trip to Kansas and back from Kansas. I love being there, it's great, but that twenty two hour drive in the midst of everything is brutal.
Speaker 1: That is a that's a road trip, Like that is I think anything over six hours I consider a road trip. Yeah, that is like a hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because right at the six hour point, you're like, dang, we still got fire.
Speaker 1: If it ever gets to a point where it's like this has been a while and you're only halfway through, that is a road trip.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm exactly.
Speaker 2: So what is your thing that you're not looking forward to about the holidays that are currently happening.
Speaker 1: Luckily, my trip is pretty easy. It's like a two hour flying so I don't have to worry a whole lot about that. My thing is I wake up so early naturally. I hate that period of time when I'm the only one awake because I don't know what to do. I'm at somebody else's house, and I'm like, I don't feel fully comfortable here, Like do I get out of bed? My staying but I go turn on the TV? Do I go make a cup of coffee? Do I get out of the house? Like what do I do? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you getting to a point now that where you're a little bit more comfortable or still?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: How long have you and your wife been together?
Speaker 1: Now? Since twenty eighteen? So seven years going on? Right?
Speaker 2: Because I'm assuming at your house? Do you feel more comfortable when you were like staying with your parents?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've ever been like sometimes it feels I'm still not like.
Speaker 3: You went in your parents' house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're this year, we're going to my sister's house, okay, and I still feel like, do I turn on the TV? Like what what can I do here? Because it's different like at my parents because like I live there. Yeah, I didn't live at my sister's house, so it still feels like I'm at her house and it's still we're like getting up and making noise when everybody else is still asleep. I just find like that time, like do I I end up just laying in bed and watching TikTok for a while until everybody else wakes up.
Speaker 2: It doesn't wait for everybody. How many hours does it take to at least another person to wake up?
Speaker 1: I mean, luckily my mom wakes up. Semi earl is too, so maybe it's like another hour until she wakes up. So then I just have somebody to like to talk to or like game plan with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can't turn off that internal body clock. Yeah, that's just gonna be what it is.
Speaker 1: But at my wife's like, it could be three to four hours before anybody else wakes up.
Speaker 3: Oh that's brutal. You watch a lot of TikTok, you know a lot about what's happening in the world.
Speaker 1: By the time everybody wakes up, I turn into an iPad kid and just watch stuff on my iPad.
Speaker 2: You gotta get yourself like a game that you can start playing in bed, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I'll take my switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you start doing, so that at least you have two different technology items to go back and forth between. Well, Mike, thanks for being on. Tell the people where they can hear you and find you.
Speaker 1: You can listen to my podcast movie Mike's Movie Podcast new episodes every single Monday, and I'm at Mike Distro on everything online, and you can.
Speaker 2: Follow the shows on all social media, particular YouTube if you want to subscribe at Bobby Bone Show. And there'll be some holiday content up here and there, so check that out.
Speaker 3: And we're getting out of here for part one. We gotta go to part three. All right, bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms followed web girl Morgan to submit your listen here questions for next week's episode.