Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm Jason Martin. I want you to check me out on Bootleg Cam's podcast.
Speaker 3: Yo, Bootleg Camp podcast. We got a special guest here, Jason Martin officially on all Spotify Platformage Now like what is by Jason Martin for longer? By Problem? Yes, the artist formerly known his problem, but he's been Jason Martin for his entire life. He's here. Yes, Yes, what's going on? Dog good Man? Real good I see you always got these gloves on. Yeah, when did you start with the gloves?
Speaker 1: Well, the gloves were introduced probably a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: It's too easy. Ah, yes, very very easy. Yeah, he used to have the gloves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very that with that and then my stepfather he used to wear these every time he got in his Porsche.
Speaker 3: Oh so he do look like some race drive, like when you're getting.
Speaker 1: Like hopping him off, fucking doing ship like baby driver. Whenever I did.
Speaker 2: Anything cool, he'd be like, take it off your hand to me, like are you that's a double meaning?
Speaker 3: Well look you obviously we were talking to you have a well, first of all, you were in Snoop Dogg's wife and him just opened the strip club last night. Yes, I had no idea. Snoops. He took the old deja vu and turned it into the Players Club. Yeah, and you went.
Speaker 1: I had to go what was Snoops?
Speaker 3: Strip club? Like?
Speaker 2: I will say, man, that is by far the best strip club I've ever been to in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because for people who don't know, it sucks. Strip clubs in l A. Sorry, they're terrible. I mean, with all due respect.
Speaker 1: No they're not. They're not good.
Speaker 2: It's like it just feels dangerous. I feel like I'm gonna get shot or.
Speaker 3: It's just feel it feels shaky.
Speaker 1: It feels very shaky.
Speaker 2: It feels like like the ladies here are gonna rob me too. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. Last night felt like I was in Magic City.
Speaker 3: Nice did you eat any food?
Speaker 1: Of course at the Wings they were busting.
Speaker 3: So the Wings were good because that's the one thing about Magic City. The Wings are, you know, world renowned.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna show you this to I know, we shooting, but that way you can kind of get a vibe with what it looked like.
Speaker 3: Man, it was crazy. Yeah, it's quiz. Yeah, that's a quite the table to be at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's probably why you don't see Quick sitting next to me, because he was in there last night.
Speaker 1: Now, oh shit always went up.
Speaker 3: Going to the Strip club with DJ Quick would be so fire. The only thing miss would be like sugar free, like sugar yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, last night.
Speaker 3: Was a vibe.
Speaker 2: Last night was a real vibe. Man, Boss Leddy shot out to her. It was so dope to just watch Snoops dynamic. I told him, like, bro, you the only nigga that can do a Disney movie today and open the strip club with your wife, with your son sitting.
Speaker 3: Self some products of Martha Stewart and Martin.
Speaker 2: Stewart didn't go smoke weed in the White House, Like bro, you are You are the most audacious artist we've ever seen.
Speaker 3: He is the most famous rapper ever ever by far, by far, it's not close, and he might be top five most popular faces in the world. In the world, he yeah.
Speaker 2: He's definitely top ten. Most famous person on the plane I want to sight top five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know because some of them soccer players that I relining into, I guess everywhere else are.
Speaker 1: Lit, but but most recognizable.
Speaker 3: Not everybody knows Snoop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not anybody no Snoop. There's nobody doesn't know what snoopy.
Speaker 3: Parents no snoop, you know. Yeah, and different versions of snoop too, different versions of Snoop Snoop Doggie dogs.
Speaker 2: We met the doggy style Snoop. Right now they have Martha Storer Sloop.
Speaker 3: They know Snoop from NBC where he's doing Olympics commentating with Kevin Hart. It's crazy with it. One of one. That's my one bucket list interview in my life because one on one with Snoop.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: I've been trying for fuck five years. Every time he has something come out. I hit Kevin Barkley like hey, bro, please, I'll come to the fucking compound. He's like, yeah, yeah, I got you. Yeah, you can't do it, but I need the one on one though. I don't want to be like Rush like there. I don't want to be like Bro like Doggies was the one album to changed my life. I got it by accident when I was five and it was up from there. That's what ain't no fun at five. It's kind of crazy, you know, like fucking Snoop Doggie Style was the single most important album in my life. My grandma got Itn't you remember the Columbia House where you get like.
Speaker 1: For the two pennies.
Speaker 3: Yes, so she got was credited, she got Yes, she got Doggy Style on tape on accident, and uh she did. My grandma was like old as fuck and she didn't know that it was. She just saw a cartoon, right. She gave it to me, and I was like, at the time, I was listening like Boys the Men two on fucking tape and ship wait.
Speaker 1: Five years all you're listening to Boys to Men. Yeah, so you was meant to be a DJ an Emsy Hammer.
Speaker 3: That's fire. My mom was in the EMC Hammer.
Speaker 2: And I think that I think you're going about it wrong with snoop. With dog you got to catch on when it ain't nothing going on, which is very rare because he got so much going away something going on. But don't wait till the release sparts, because then because he got pulled in different ways, what like right now probably be the perfect time they rolling out I think at the football game coming the Arizona ball or they just enough a lot of dop stuff.
Speaker 1: Man shot out to the dog, It's.
Speaker 3: Been a great year for Compton. Yes, shout out to Compton.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Compton. Yes, Compton, does it again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does it again? Before we get into Choopocabra, come on, talk to me about what it was like just watching Kendrick Lamar deep fry, you know, ry him up and give him. I've never it was. It was like it was like King Ryan, you know when he fucked up what's the dude's name? He just boxed? Hey, Ainy. It was bad.
Speaker 2: Before I start, because my words get taken really sensitively around this subject.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing you.
Speaker 2: I saw you going in on Twitter. Oh yeah, I'm going in because I'm like, I didn't know Drake had a beehive.
Speaker 1: Me neither. Oh my god, I got bots in my ship. I can't say anything.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers think I'm talking about drags, are talking about somebody.
Speaker 3: Because I was going riding so hard for Kendrick the whole time. Before he even replied to fucking push ups all that shit, I was like, man, hey, bro, then fucking Drake beehive.
Speaker 1: It's real, it's real.
Speaker 2: He got like some real haters, like they're pulling up shit, They pulling up my numbers.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, this is wild, Like I'm not put up.
Speaker 3: Like an old tweet to me saying like Drake was dope, and I'm like, yeah, Drake is dope, but he's still gonna get fucking obliterated. What are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: Like there's levels listen to this. I look at this as a very competitive super Bowl as opposed to two guys going at it. It was like, this is the team I'm rooting for, and it's the team they're rooting for. So I knew how this was gonna end, right because I knew.
Speaker 3: The guy that you were going against, Drake.
Speaker 2: I know him, all of us know him. Some people you just got to leave the fuck along.
Speaker 3: He's the one guy act.
Speaker 1: I'll look at him.
Speaker 2: I hold him to like you have Lebron James, which is Drake, Yeah, and you have Kobe Bryant. You got somebody that only cares about basketball.
Speaker 3: Let's not do that.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: He only cares about hip hop. He don't give a fuck about none of the other. Shit is win or win, and it ain't nothing. I'm a big Lebron guy, so I don't want to I don't just tell you what he would say, because Seth Curry is Drake. No, no, no, no, I'm not saying that. I'm saying Lebron.
Speaker 1: It's right.
Speaker 2: Lebron changed basketball. He changed the way we all viewed competition. We made it where you can play anywhere and everybody's friends, and it worked out where all everybody's making so much money. Kobe's like, fuck you, I'm off you, fuck you and fuck you.
Speaker 3: And all that. It's up.
Speaker 1: Let's go play. Yeah, and if you want to calm it down, we'll psych Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Then if you want to do that, that's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 2: This we know he's one of the most skillful artists to ever live.
Speaker 3: Kendrick, right, I think he's. I mean I've been saying this for about four or five years. I've had him four or five all time, and people will be like, you're fucking crazy, and I'm like, well, if all these other motherfuckers will put Biggie in their top two or three and he only put two albums out, you gotta put Kendrick in the top five off of his discography. I'll say this, but skill level it might be, don't I don't know what Kendrick and eminem.
Speaker 2: I don't know when it's gonna air, but I'll say this, y'all tell me a time on a Friday when a J Cole verse and a Drake verse dropped and nobody gave a shit.
Speaker 1: Because that just happened in this Friday.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say a lot, a lot of times, this Friday had just passed. Well yeah, ya, yeah, when the Sexy Red and the new kobt We've.
Speaker 1: Never seen that, and we ain't seen that in ten years.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. And I'd also like to point out, for the first time ever, I actually think Drake being on that song hurt the song. I think people are so off of Drake right now. That Sexy Red song that dropped has more dislikes than likes on YouTube. And it's like, yo, like sexy Red, you probably could have put like, I don't know anybody, We'll just say this. I called it. I knew it was gonnapp.
Speaker 2: I knew it was gonnappen to iknew it was gonna happen, but I had I was privy to being you had some outside inform sure I was able to have different conversations with the with the internal Compton Unity community and we were all just knowing how this was going to end. We're like every move it was like a chess game, and were just watching it.
Speaker 1: It was dope. It was dope to see it was dope to actually get.
Speaker 2: Some insight from the man himself knowing like, oh yeah, let's rock, let's do it. But it never got to the point where was like we're gonna fucking fight or shoot.
Speaker 1: So it made me ever, it made me. I was able to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: You know. What's crazy to me was like my favorite song of the battle is Euphoria because it's the most like it was literally a warning shot, right, but it was like a kill shot. But if you go back and listen, like sounds better now. He predicted he said everything. All of this he said, he said, and he was like, hey, don't don't tell the lines about me, and I won't tell the truth about you. I already could predict your angle.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you take it there, I'll take it further.
Speaker 3: It's just something you don't know. And then he goes ooh at the end, I was like, Oh, anyway, shout out to Kendrick, you know, I think, yeah, I mean, I like like I feel like generic hip hop fans who are just like, you know, real passive like heads who like aren't like really they're just they listen to Drake and you know, whatever's hot at the time, Like they were very I just it was frustrating to deal with people for for about three weeks. I listen to drugs. People are fucking absolutely ignorant the skill level of like Kendrick, and I listen to everybody listen, it's impossible, not he's just.
Speaker 1: Not better than Kendrick. Like it's not it's not really even that.
Speaker 3: They're not even in the side, you know, they're not even in the same arena exactly, Like Kendrick is literally in an arena quite possibly by himself, like it might be him. Like for about wordplay, there's like guys like you know and like God, but it's really Kendrick over here. And then Drake's like in.
Speaker 2: An arena with like and I'll say it col and like I'll say this, we'll leave it here.
Speaker 1: And I don't know this for a fact. This is my opinion.
Speaker 3: I do not know.
Speaker 1: Let one of them niggas do a sneak dish or something.
Speaker 2: He may lay one on a nigga ahead thirty minutes later again just know that, just and then that's what I'm watching. I'm watching Drake and j Cole kind of like they feel like they walking through Landmark now, Like, don't say nothing remotely close to accidentally making us think you about to say something. I'm just glad you might get cracked again. I'm glad Cole pulled out smart man. Well also because he's like a good guy.
Speaker 3: No, it ain't even any a good man. He's smart. He's smart.
Speaker 1: He's a genius. He knows what that thing is sitting over there. Man. I called him Petty Pendergrass. At the end of the day, he's having a ball. It's just funny to him.
Speaker 2: I think maybe maybe in a few years he'll probably be like knowing the guy, he'll be like, damn, man, I wish I wouldn't have did that.
Speaker 3: You know, I probably heard his you know, because he's still the caring man.
Speaker 2: But once you crossed the lines, we're talking about kids, and I was.
Speaker 3: I remember when when Family Matters came out, I was driving to Phoenix. Was it was Friday night, so like he'd already put out the Compton Freestyle in the morning with the glove and I remember as soon as that ship dropped, I called head and I was like, Oh, he don't got nothing. He's just making shit up now, Like imagine like the day free thing being like a thing like oh you don't, you really don't got shit. You're like you're desperate, like the motherfuckers who got the worst bars were the most memorable line from Drake. The whole battle was shut the fuck up and make some drums and then the shit he said about the weekend and asap Rocky he had nothing he could say about Kendrick other than he's a He's a short guy who wears a shoes a certain size.
Speaker 1: That's all he had, dot works out and wraps.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: So you were in a actual skill battle. This wasn't like a mud throwing.
Speaker 3: It's the most excited, Like it was the most exciting night of hip hop in my lifetime. Because I'm in the car and I'm listening to family matters like over and over, and I was like all right, and then I'm like open Twitter and someone's like, damn, Kendrick didn't even let him bathe. I'm like, wait, what it's been like they're oh shit, list he dropped. And then when I'm listening to fucking Meet the Grahams and I'm just like.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you. I'm gonna give you some real insight. Is you hearing this first? They drop family matters and I text him him like this ain't it.
Speaker 1: He's like at all.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this ain't gonna get it. I was like, man, it's trying to step on his head. He was like, say less, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking we just take it. Ain't nothing deep like that.
Speaker 1: It's I go to the bathroom, I come back, the motherfucking song is uploaded.
Speaker 3: I say, well, well wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait.
Speaker 1: I text him like, nigga, you are.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, I've been waiting for this nigga to drop something. So he didn't even know what he was going to gainst Man, Drake shot a video and all this shit. Man, boom boom, you listen, suck the life out of the whole moment.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just gotta know what to do and what not to do. Some people we all know over here.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, I've been in the studio with them all, Like with all of the greatest people that.
Speaker 1: Ever, right, I've never seen nothing like that.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: The boy will go over there, turn on a beat, and be twenty minutes later, you think he's gonna lay eight bar, he lays the whole song with the stacks, with all of them voices like wait.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa Okay, and this is twenty ten, right, it's crazy, Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Different. My fuckers is different. Man.
Speaker 1: He's a go, He's the goal. He's a goal.
Speaker 2: As far as right now, this generation, man, they talked about Big three.
Speaker 3: Now it's just I think. I mean, listen, my my ghost on the list at this point is really it's either Jay or Kendrick. That's just personally for me. I mean Nas is up there too for me personally, but just like it's just got it. It's just to me, like I.
Speaker 1: Have to restructure my list after list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my top ten offends a lot of people because I got packed like towards the bottom of it, and Little Winge's not in my top ten. But uh, Drake, and.
Speaker 2: Because Drake, it s because I know the type of hip hop you listen to.
Speaker 1: I understand your list.
Speaker 3: No, No, I love pac No.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, but I know the type of hip hop you look.
Speaker 3: I think I got like eight you know.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if you want to go Lil Wayne, if you want to go, if you want to put him on a knowing he's influenced. He only he only had a seven year career and influence didn't do that.
Speaker 3: No, but influence wise, he's probably one or two.
Speaker 1: At twenty two years old, he dropped Dear Mama.
Speaker 2: Gotta chill, We gotta listen, We got to chill with some of these these these conversations.
Speaker 1: Though at twenty we got niggas. That's it's safe to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, is it safe to say Tupac is the most influential rapper ever? Because if he's not one.
Speaker 1: He's two most influence. I think it's Rock him or Tupac.
Speaker 2: Influential was tough because I just feel like because they didn't have Lil Wayne's up there too. For the record, Lil Wayne has to be in that conversation, the top three pots in that conversation. Uh you has to be in that conversation.
Speaker 3: Futures in that como. Future has influenced so much of like and Kanye. I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Yay, I'll take ya Yay.
Speaker 3: I got ya. I think I'm gonna put ya. Well, Yay's in.
Speaker 2: Influence the world on a level, That's what I'm saying, Like I'm looking like that, so it got to be like yay Pac.
Speaker 3: Then I Wayne.
Speaker 2: I don't know because because I'm from here, Yeah, it didn't. It definitely was something we listened to, but I didn't want to like look like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think these two people I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think jay Z. I don't think jay Z influenced many people sonically. I'm thinking like the sonics and hip hop. Like I'm like, damn, I can.
Speaker 2: Think you're only talking music. I'm talking about influence, the influence on music, like I'm talking about overall. No, overall it's Tupac, who wasn't even going bad where the ball.
Speaker 3: Was like it was a lot of other shit we're talking about. Overall, it's Ya, Like overall Kanye Yay. Well, because Kanye's like changed fashion because I think seeing a thirty five year old PAK would have been an incredible thing to watch for sure, we.
Speaker 1: Don't have that.
Speaker 2: And in that seven year span from eighteen to twenty five, bruh, He's.
Speaker 3: Deal one of the highest streaming artists.
Speaker 2: He still has people that will just cry over his songs. It's still people trying to emulate that thing.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite Tupac album. It's either Macavelly, which it's crazy that that's not on the Tupac profile on Spotify. It's crazy because Blasphemy is probably my favorite Tupac rap song. Like the raps Yo Mcavelly is so.
Speaker 2: Fire Macavelly, or are the joint before Me against World?
Speaker 1: Me against the World.
Speaker 3: It's got to be winds Me against the World, but it just it changes.
Speaker 2: But Macavelly is probably I listened to Tupac a ton and like I'm like, I go back and I'm like, man, Macavelly somehow, like obviously because of like the circumstances of it being released, but it somehow flies under the radar against Me against the World and all lies on me.
Speaker 1: You know why I didn't have like the major.
Speaker 3: Features it's got tossed it up on right, It didn't have It was songs that was unmixed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like Blasphemy might be the worst mixed released major release. If you go listen to like the sonics of it, it's very compressed vocals.
Speaker 1: The bass is hidden like crazy, but he's.
Speaker 3: Just talking so crazy on that record.
Speaker 1: Blasphemy. If you really do go do your homework on that.
Speaker 3: Record, shout out to uh. I think my favorite Tupac song ever might beat they might be can't see me. I don't know. Did dads do that beat? I think Daz did that right. No, No, you should have never got these from niggas. Don't be better than I don't think he did. Drad who can't see me? I mean, let's look it up. We have computers and yeah, look it up there, fucking cyrus. Make yourself useful, pick up your fucking iPhone, your vegetarian assy heart.
Speaker 1: About smoking perks today from that young man, I've never heard that in my fucking life.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the young kids are doing it, these fucking young fucks. You were. You were a part of the Molly era. Yeah, but I wasn't smoking Molly.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. People have I'm sure they should. They probably died. You're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 3: Do you ever miss your Molly days? No? Never? Why?
Speaker 2: Because I think because I took so advantage, so much advantage of it, I don't need to miss it.
Speaker 1: I I went to the limit.
Speaker 3: Man, you were saying that you wouldn't do pills, you would do like yeah, we have the actual like dust pack, so you would mix it and drinks and stuff our drinks. Be very I gotta be very careful. We speak no drinks that you would consume. It's not like you were Rick Ross and the drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's always be clear in this new dnage. No, I would put it in my drink.
Speaker 3: Who produced it? Oh Dre did? Okay? Okay, yeah, shout out to fucking Dre. Come on, man. So yeah, because it's it's interesting because like you probably would not have been doing the drugs you were doing if you were popping right now, because you might actually take fatana on huh.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't because back then you didn't have to worry about now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you what's why I wouldn't do it now because I had the luxury of not having to be on camera when I was high.
Speaker 1: Like, if I saw what I looked like, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Back then, it wasn't as nah, it wasn't like snapchats Instagram.
Speaker 1: It was just steals instagra.
Speaker 3: There's no stories or videos yeah.
Speaker 2: If the minute I would see me looking crazy, I would stop.
Speaker 3: So I didn't get that.
Speaker 2: I just I was partying and I had I had a great team around me to make sure that nothing.
Speaker 1: Ever got out, Like if I ever was like a little.
Speaker 2: Too loose, so I was just looking out of the level. So nah, I wouldn't. It's so scary right now. But there's too many cameras. It's too many.
Speaker 1: My fucker's recording.
Speaker 3: It's to me, Yeah, you can't do bro.
Speaker 2: It's not the vibe like it's honestly, bro, it's not even really smart.
Speaker 1: It looks crazy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: A lot of these people are gonna look back one day and they're gonna look at themselves pouring drugs and they're like talking about yeah wak, Yeah, it's gonna look crazy to you.
Speaker 3: You know. The conserption is so crazy.
Speaker 1: There's no visuals of me just sitting there just like bro.
Speaker 3: Like if I was drinking lean, if I was like a lean guy, I would not be walking around with a double cup looking like a dope. And everywhere I go, like, we have guys come in here and they're just I'm just like, man, like you're just advertising that you're just drinking promethesy and like, okay, what put it in a fucking tumbler? Like you know what of those tumblers called put it in a Stanley.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, if I didn't have children, I would be up.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Right now, Right now, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be going crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm doing eever fucking drug I want because I'm living for me at this point.
Speaker 3: But right now, you gotta live for your family or children. Back then, I still have to live in my family.
Speaker 2: But now that I'm saying it's like no, now you kind of I understand, and you got boy?
Speaker 3: Did I? That's the one thing is like did I? I think that's why it's important for young people to not like settle down too soon, because you're always gonna have the itch that you never knew you needed to scratch. Get that ship out of you. You gotta get it out of your system. Man, I was scratching.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh fucking kay, all right, yeah man.
Speaker 2: I literally sometimes was like turn on the song from like twenty thirteen and remember that day what was going on?
Speaker 3: It was because well you know now they do like MDM a therapy for like PTSD. Did you know that? I heard that? But if you do Molly, like, does it keeps you up? Right? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it for so long. I know I would be up, but I wouldn't be up like a fiend.
Speaker 3: No, but you would just you know, prefer like a night. Maybe you wouldn't be like fucking motherfucker'd be on adderall what suit I mean?
Speaker 1: It was times where it was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would have my shades on. And again, if my people saw.
Speaker 1: It, I was too high, they like stack in front of me, like, give me some water.
Speaker 3: What's it feel like now to be like, uh, You've had so many errors of your career. I was telling you, like the first time I ever met you, I was like an intern at the radio station. Well it was oh nine, so I was probably doing weekends. But you came in for a mixture meeting when I'm toe up dropped, which was on what label you know versus Republic. Who's on the remix in that song?
Speaker 1: Uh Snoop Quick Corrupt Terrorists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was like, damn, that was so long ago. Fuck, that was fifteen years ago. Yeah, and uh you were like a new artist then yes, uh and then you ended up going through being independent, Yeah, dropping like what Yeah, turning down every major label in the fucking world. Yeah, going on a crazy run. Like I mean, like, do you ever reflect that? Like you're you're like a oh like a triple og low key.
Speaker 2: Now I have to I've been getting reminded lately of what I've done and who I am.
Speaker 3: I'm so looking to what's next.
Speaker 2: That I don't actually get around and sit and just get to smell the roses. I've been doing a lot more sniffing these days. I realized my place in this sniffing of the roses. Yes, I'm definitely I've definitely been understanding my place, what I am, and I'm gonna stand in it a lot more.
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 1: Man had a legendary career. A lot of people would kill.
Speaker 2: For a lot of opportunities I've been a part of, and I love it. I love sitting in this space. It's a confidence that I walk around with and I didn't know it was because of that. I was able to accomplish a lot. Bro And I'm super proud of everybody that's been around to assisting that and helping that. But for fuck show year, man, I one of the ones.
Speaker 3: You're definitely one of those ones, and you've always done such a great job of like pulling up everybody else too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's important.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you just said, like my remix featured all the g's. They pulled me up. I would never put out on fucked Up and Snooped and tell me too. I was over there working on Ego Tripping. We had some downtime. He was like, do you work on shit for yourself? I'm like, yeah, I actually got this record. He's like, when you get back put this out. I literally like, when you get back, we get.
Speaker 3: To la drop this, cause that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I dropped it in the rest is history shout the Ego trip and underrated Snoop.
Speaker 1: Very underrated, very under I learned the industry on that.
Speaker 2: Everybody that I met during that process, I've gotten that swum friends with today.
Speaker 3: That's so fire. Yeah. Yeah, it's interesting because like I think of like what West Coast hip hop was like in O nine, because in O nine you're thinking, oh wait, oh nine, it.
Speaker 1: Was like all gang bang shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was like it was almost like that weird era where a lot of the young dudes on the come up had a chip on their shoulder because a lot of the ogs weren't co signing what was going on in LA. That's another thing, like I didn't have that, but you didn't have that problem because yeah, I didn't have that story. But you you remember that era where like guys like newst I mean shit, I remember I interviewed Nipsey and he called out fucking everybody. He called out Dre called on everybody in our interview. Yeah, the New West, I mean I was in that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Shot the glasses, Bishop Maestro a Thou said, Jay Rod. We was all out there thugging in and trying it. But I saw window, And once I saw the window, I'm like, yo, and ain't what y'all think. I had to explain to some of the homies and they got it later that the first There's only been one generation of West Coast hip hop before us, only one, and that was the Easy, the Snoops, the Dre's, the quicks and that, and they were getting fucked and all of their deals.
Speaker 1: They didn't have control of their masters. They were only doing what they were taught.
Speaker 3: Shit, low key. The only guys on the West Coast that really had like their shit together was probably what like forty.
Speaker 1: Forty forty and too short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the jive shit because they just had distract.
Speaker 2: And that's because they were up top and they were looking like hold on, that don't make no sense. They were watching easy instead of watching the stars, they were watching the guy that was running to play so and then. So you can't expect somebody who has never led to show you how to lead, right, you get what I'm saying. They didn't know that they can go be independent to get their own bag.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You got to think what Dog was nineteen twenty when he got his deal, Like these were all kids.
Speaker 2: So to expect them to come and usher us in because we think we're good man, get the fuck.
Speaker 1: Out of here. That's not how this go.
Speaker 3: That's not how this Yeah. I also think like at the time, like you know, a lot of those guys like who knows what ice Cube was fucking shooting Like you know, I think sometimes when Glasses used to be taking shots at ice Cube all the time. And he'll swear to God he's not, but I'm here to say he does. He was all the time. But look at if you really think about it, it's like people who look at like certain DJs or it's like bro like at the end of the day, like there's there are artists who I think nowadays realize like, hey, maybe there's some sort of responsibility to try to pull up some of the new generation. But man, back then, the Internet wasn't as lit. There was no Instagram. There was just MySpace, and like, dude, if you're ice Cube, how many movies are you fucking shooting? And how many random mixtapes on in a fucking slim jewel CD case are you running through to fucking see what's going on in la. It's just a different era of just man.
Speaker 2: Though like back then it was like you have to work hard for your opportunities.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna just give you anything. That was because it really was like the generation you're talking about. And then the face commercially worldwide for five years old was the game.
Speaker 2: We're technically like, he's the bridge between the first generation and the second generation.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the game.
Speaker 1: He's the bridge because he was in five when nothing was shaken brand new from here, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Then we came and we ushered in a whole new look of what Los Angeles looked like. Because again before I'll say, like teach me how to Dougie, you're a jerk, and records likes.
Speaker 3: I'm fucked up.
Speaker 2: Everything else was gang bang shit, and if it didn't gang bang, it wasn't getting the looks.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: We ushered in a whole new situation.
Speaker 2: It was the party, and then the TV guys came, and then Dom came, and then came, and then everybody kind of came with them, Tyler the Creator, they came.
Speaker 3: Everybody just came.
Speaker 2: And then it was like all right, we all standing together. So we became the second generation and we all started our own companies. Very different, very different thing like we wasn't looking to be.
Speaker 3: Signed were the blog era, which.
Speaker 1: Was the blog era was huge in that. So we are far more giving.
Speaker 2: Because it's like, all right, we we realize that it's it's more opportunity if all of us are success.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The first half was like you got to be the king, you got to be the best.
Speaker 1: It's only one king. To the west, We're like it's kings up with a seat and we're gonna all do like this. But we all know that you know, TD they got it. They're the they're the handle thet.
Speaker 2: Probably they're probably the biggest label ever in West Coast history with.
Speaker 1: The longest run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean with the longest run.
Speaker 1: For no, they're the biggest ever.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, for sure, Yeah, I just, I just I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's like death Row a four year run.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, it was short. We got but but I got fucking sixteen year old kids that go to my kids school wearing death Row T shirts. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Snoop Dog is one of the most influential faces of the Death Roa fire.
Speaker 1: But look, but look what he's doing now though.
Speaker 2: He's now like, Okay, I'm gonna make death Row diapers, I'm gonna make death roll I'm making death Rows. So he took what he saw with how Master repetd is thing and everything, and he's gonna apply it. He got corrupt getting the back, Dad's getting the bag. I think Danny Boy dropping the project. So he's doing it the way that he saw, like us.
Speaker 3: You can get a new Lady Rage album. That'd be hard.
Speaker 2: I think that's crazy that you bit on the TV thing. I want to I want to ask you about that, Why do you why do you think that it's not?
Speaker 3: I just think of death Row and like Tupac and Snoop because we talked about the most famous rapper ever. Okay, think about it from The Chronic, which is quite possibly the most important album to ever come out of the West Coast, even though I think Doggie Style is personally, but the Chronic is the Chronic, right, It's kind of like what kicked off this whole, like Snoop, Tupac, Death Row era. I just think if you think of Doctor Dre even though you only put one album out with death Row, Snoop two albums, and then Tupac was two albums, I just think those three are like, but.
Speaker 1: How old are you when he's dropped?
Speaker 3: So I was born in I was born in eighty seven. So you so I was five five six when I was Yeah, I was so of course.
Speaker 2: I mean, shit, bubble gum and candy is the biggest thing on earth for you too at that time.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think I think if you look at TD now, like obviously you got fucking Kendrick, you got Sizzy, you got Q, you got fucking j Rock, you got the whole. I don't disagree, but I just think if we're talking about like.
Speaker 1: They're on their twentieth year, bro Tupac snoop.
Speaker 3: If you like you just said Tupac had a seven year career, right, No, you're a seven year career. You were like, yeah, a seven year career. Look what he did to me? Even though Death Throw only had like that run, what they did in the run was like it's.
Speaker 2: Just because of the mess, but also infatuated with the Mets. I'm not here to tear down dere Let's stop here. I'm saying we have.
Speaker 3: To recognize that there was a there.
Speaker 2: There is a company's right now, right now, like today, like we have today that has two of the biggest artists in.
Speaker 3: Music for sure, like today from l A like.
Speaker 2: Today though and this actual day, and they've had them the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: You got to give them that.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's close.
Speaker 1: No, it's really not close. Nobody died.
Speaker 3: I think t TD is a better company.
Speaker 2: T It's the biggest, it's the bigges, it's the biggest label to come out of the West Coast in history.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, But I'm just thinking if we're talking about like.
Speaker 1: The numbers say that, I'm I'm extremely right.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying it is a discussion.
Speaker 1: We're having a discussion. It's a discussion, but it's one that needs to be had because.
Speaker 3: It's either Death Rower TD.
Speaker 2: No, it's td E. But then but it's TD. It has to be bro like it has to Okay, you're a Lebron fan right right now, So let's say who had a good seven year one in hoops?
Speaker 3: Uh, Brandon Roy?
Speaker 1: Brandon Roy, So you're gonna put him against Lebron?
Speaker 3: No, right, no, But it's different. It's not if in those.
Speaker 1: Four right now, one of.
Speaker 3: Brandon Roy in four years won four championships and had four m vps or something, you'd be like, fuck, man, Like think of Bill Walton, Like remember when Bill Wanton was on the Blazers. Well, I don't remember neither of you because we're I mean, fuck, but Brian's fifty nine. He was there, remember, But it's like Bill Walton. They always say it was like the best player on the in the world, and then he got injured. But when he was active for those like two or three years, he took the charney to.
Speaker 1: Do that for the white niggas.
Speaker 3: Listen, it don't work like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this what we got.
Speaker 2: We gotta stop, all right, So t it's TD, it's TD, then it's death Row.
Speaker 3: But it's close.
Speaker 2: It's not though, it's it's close in our hearts. We impact impact for sure. Because we're young impact, it's more impact. Yeah, Ted Throw's got more impact. I think it's the most impactful label ever because of But it's fifty percent talent, fifty percent dirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but fucking the chronic bro, all eyes on me. I'm not saying thetyle.
Speaker 1: Listen, those are all amazing records, like I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: We're not saying that food. But they're more known for who got shot and who's in jail.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I don't know if that's came on. When I think of Death Throw, I.
Speaker 1: Just think, why you got that grin because it's making sense to me. To me, I'm trying to thinking. Dog Doggy Style is one of my favorite albums ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you this. I'm not saying that. I'm not going to sit there in debate.
Speaker 1: Did anybody on TDE make a better album than Doggy Style.
Speaker 2: Well, I think dog now you that's a conversation where you might have some leeway.
Speaker 3: Do you think Doggystown's Where do you rank it? How about this? Where's your favorite West Coast album? Like? What's number one for you? Because to me, it's Doggie Style and then it's probably good Command City after that or two thousand and one. It's so tough with that question for me because I'm a safe and sound guy. Shout out the safe and sound safe best album.
Speaker 2: We're talking about life from the beginning to the end, like I don't tell nothing. Uh, Doggy Style is probably it, though I would have to say Doggie Style I would understand.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you the one we don't talk about.
Speaker 3: That certificate's great, definitely great.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a certain ear you need for that. Yes, but are we counting mcavelly in my counting? Okay, okay, so we gotta go doctor dry. Two thousand and one never is never put two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and one over the first chronic personally, but maybe it's just because of my age. But I put two thousand and one over the O. G. Kronas. Now that's now, that's crazy. Well, you just said it. You just said it.
Speaker 1: No, say, we got to put it in the conversation whatever said.
Speaker 3: I put it over the Chronic me. But it's because I was, like I bought the two thousand and one. I can see that though, Like that mean you know what we got to do that one, that play it's an age thing. No, listen, and I'm gonna tell you this, two thousand and one age better than the Chronic. Listen to them back to back and tell me it didn't a better definitely age better. We go, let's revisit this, We revisit this. I'm revisiting this. It's close, but I think I'll give it to two thousand and one. But I think Doggy Style is.
Speaker 1: Just what's your favorite rap album?
Speaker 3: Period? Though it's either it's always changing, but I have like a three or four rotation of Doggie Style, My Beautiful, Dark, Tussed Fantasy, ell Mattic or Get Richard Die Trying also outcast Equeminized in there I got too. Those are my five. I got Marshall Mathers LP. I mean, yeah, that's not my favorite album is eminem Show. That's Marshall Matthers LP is Numero uno and then we can go.
Speaker 2: Get rich trying. I'm talking about things that I like, have to listen to even now as I'm riding around.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean listen, Yeah, the Black Album has to be in that conversation from who were we.
Speaker 3: Just talking to? We're talking to somebody about the Black Album. I said, somehow when we talk about Jay's best album, my favorite reasonable doubt. But I like, on any given day it's highly reasonable doubt the blueprint of the Black Album. And I feel like the Black Album will get enough love when we're talking about black albums and fucking purpose and DJ Quick had a beat on there and justify my thug bro it's insanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, I wonder what people are gonna stand.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody's gonna have their opinions. Uh so you and DJ Quick, Yeah, he's right here, the invisible DJ Quick. Yes, Sleep you said, I went to your dinner the other day and you had said on the mic that he was going to retire. Yeah, and you talked him out of retiring.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I talked him out of it. What happened was I do this thing called hell Week, where I just record whatever ideas I have.
Speaker 3: I got to do at least three to four ideas a day before I leave the studio.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he we end up getting the FaceTime. He's like, what you're doing on record? He's like, man, I just bought a house. When you see it, I'm like, I'll pull up, so I'll packed my ship up.
Speaker 1: I'll bring it with me.
Speaker 2: So I go over there and I'm just looking at the spot of Man, man, you gotta vibe in here.
Speaker 3: He said, what was you doing?
Speaker 1: You got your ship with you. I'm like, yeah, let me set up right here. Let's do a song.
Speaker 3: So I set up in his living room.
Speaker 1: We did a record and he was like, yeah, man, that's do.
Speaker 3: He's like, come back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We did another one. Now he's complaining, Man, why are we even doing this ship?
Speaker 3: Music doesn't even make no money. I'm just get this money, man, I'm not doing this ship.
Speaker 1: I'm like all right, But he's hearing the songs. He's liked, man, let me get on that one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Every day we had day five. Now I come back.
Speaker 2: Now it's extra equipment sitting next to my equipment. He's like, yeah, I thought you might needed a better mic back impressor we do color wars. On next day, it's keyboards up. He's like, yeah, man, I heard the one thing I might want to put that on there. Next day, now it's trumpets, drums, ship. Now his whole living room has now become this massive studio that he's just been piecing together. And then we looked up you know, I called Jay Worthy.
Speaker 1: He an artist, and he came in and he asked he actually asked for an opportunity to an r.
Speaker 2: He said, I've been doing this for a lot of artists and nobody really gave me the credit for it. And I'm like, well, shit, what is it that you do? I know you just from rapping you, my homie. It's like, I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 3: And he's got his fingerprints on a lot of shit people.
Speaker 1: He turned it up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We was getting verses out of nowhere, just coming in out of nowhere, just coming out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: People that was just excited to be a part of the project. So as that's happening, Quit is getting more excited. Now I'm coming back and he's he has verses on records that didn't have verses on it. He's waking up at his sleeves like, yeah, man, check that out. We look up, we recorded forty two songs. Jesus I said, all right, uh, we got a couple of albums here.
Speaker 1: So he was like, what you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: I said, let me go figure something out. Took the best seventeen that I liked for this first.
Speaker 3: Play, So you guys gotta do more than one. Well I didn't say that yet. Well let's stay here right now. But Trooper cover two on the way, it.
Speaker 1: Went from all day, we gotta get one out first, but June fourteen.
Speaker 2: It went from that to man, I got a record deal. Bro, shit, we got brand collapsed. Oh we're doing this shit with Kevin Hart.
Speaker 3: Oh we gotta go do.
Speaker 1: Somebody else album. And yeah, he couldn't retire.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because, like I don't think you know, I lived in Florida for about two and a half years, and while I was living in Florida, I would like listen to some DJ Quick like like shit, like like some real classic West Coast certain shit and like some of my homies about what the fuck is this? I'm like, you don't know this. I think it's It has to be said that DJ Quick might be the greatest producer, slash rapper of all time. I'm with that. And in that conversation, obviously is Kanye West in that conversation obviously is you know shit doctor Dre you know obviously, uh, but Quick is in the conversation if not like if we're like you said, like Quick is like if we go back and like, bro, this full like came out. He has one of the craziest, most scathing disc records ever. He checks all the boxes. He checks all the boxes as an end see, he's got classics and as a producer, genre hopping and genre hopping of genres, and he might be the most underrated artist ever in hip hop. It's like him. It's black thought. It's like there's a few guys, but like Quick is like nationally like bro, when I was in Florida and I was listening to like fucking Safe and Sound, and my boys like had no idea what the funk it was, I was like, really, So, I think there's still like a huge part of the country that like doesn't appreciate DJ Quick the way we like, I feel like we all should. He's done the band ship you think.
Speaker 1: I really think it's like I knew that.
Speaker 3: Was right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's on us to change that narrative. Maybe we just stop using words like underrated and stop using those type of words and just like really switch it, because I think it's all in what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Because if you.
Speaker 2: Ask the who's who's like, they know they are. He He's a true vicabra man.
Speaker 1: He's he is.
Speaker 2: He's the guy you call to get everything together there still to this day. And when I say, like the highest highest end musicians respect his ear, it's a whole different class of things.
Speaker 1: I'm that was a big deal for me with this project.
Speaker 2: I was actually that I was able to produce this project and was to like really try to highlight his strong points in what y'all really need to see on what he is and what he's going to continue to be, at least for me. I mean, I'm not rapping if it's not for quick and snoop, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But quick, especially with me.
Speaker 2: Being from Compton Us having like the similar style of going.
Speaker 1: To party way with some street edge.
Speaker 2: Genre hopping, the underrated world word all of that, I look at I look at him and say, you know what, fuck it, let's just ban up together and just take on everybody.
Speaker 1: Man and just see what happens.
Speaker 3: And tons of dope features on the album. Thundercat's got some production on here, right, Yeah, you got two on there. I went up and shook his hand with all his rings at your dinner another guy. I was like, hey, man, you're a fucking legend. I shoulna say hello.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went and grabbed all genres of Compton. Thundercat channel trails both Compton guys that I think the.
Speaker 1: City needs to really embrace as well.
Speaker 3: Eamn, he's fucking I mean jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just understand, like you know what I'm saying, Like the Steve Lacey's, it's a lot coming out of the city that doesn't get highlighted just because it didn't choose to like pick a rag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, like you know that that's kind of there, especially in the last decade. I feel like, like you said, like Tyler's Tyler, but people don't give him the La credit you got to because because he's not people like nationally associate La with the gang bang and shit. Right, So it's like and even like Kendrick, who isn't necessarily involved in that life, Like what narrated that like what it was like his first album that obviously not his first album, but his first album nationally was Good Kid, Mad City, And it was very much like a perspective of a kid who grew up witnessing all of this ship as to where like Tyler like and Earl and those, I think they.
Speaker 2: Took their evisually always let you know that what he's been surrounded by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like he came up with j Rock and TD.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know he's really from over there though. We we're from the we're from the exact same area with Compton. And I used to see him at the corner doing this thing across the street doing this thing like we're like that, we're like blocks away from each other. So that's a very authentic story. He's really from over there, So it's different. It's different than like where like a Buddy where he doesn't they don't want to try to say he's from Compton either, just because he didn't.
Speaker 3: Pick a rag. I think we just got a shot to buddy. Buddy's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of incredible art coming out of the city. And I thought it was like very important, like for me Channel Treads was a personal thing for me to get with Quick because once you meet Channel and you know Quick, you know they're gonna hit it off because they're the same guy, Production, raps, DJ, eccentric their own way, They don't care what nobody else is doing. They go up their own speed, and just putting those energy together is important. A lot of energy clashes was going down on this project.
Speaker 3: Who is on the What because you mentioned obviously Jay Worthy helping with some of the A R. What features on the album.
Speaker 2: We got Game, we got sugar Free, we got Currency, we got bun Bee, Little John, Meet the Whoops, Dom Kennedy, Thundercat, Channel Traits, George Clinton, Jesus, The Free Nation News, Deep Blake, which is Quick, son Ce Low, Gwyn bun shiroh Kate Trinada, Barney Bones Apps so wow, uh huh and Larry Jones, Oh that's dropping tonight, Larry Yeah, Larry Jones and h and Quick.
Speaker 3: And uh jay Worthy we're dropping garbs in Youngs tonight. That's gonna be crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rodan yo as well too.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm and oh, DJ Drama well seventeen tracks, yeah, Trooper Cobra, Yeah, for sure. Oh, I think I think we're gonna be an album of the year conversation.
Speaker 1: I want to at.
Speaker 3: Least so if you did forty two songs, what happens to the other the other ones? That's a lot of songs to just leave on a hard drive.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's all real estates to me at this point. So who wants to who?
Speaker 2: Who wants to invest in the next building we're about to start selling.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's all it's all up for discussion right now.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, man, between fifty million mass scientists and Empire, this first one is coming out really really dope.
Speaker 3: Are you guys? I know you had talked about doing some touring stuff. What's talk about the tour stuff? That's that's coming up live shows?
Speaker 2: Quick is about to go to Canada with Snoop and Warren g I'm probably gonna sneak through and be on of those days.
Speaker 3: Yes, chat to Warren g Man. Barbecue fucking o g Man. He's killing it with the barbecue, going crazy. I'm just I can't wait to get into that energy. Uh, and then me and Quick are probably gonna go you guys gotta do a run man.
Speaker 2: Probably we probably not do a run because that's like hard torn weever do like some dope spot days.
Speaker 3: So I mean like fucking five to six. Yeah, but like not like bang Bank, Like nah, we're gonna do the Novo. We're gonna We're gonna fly Ladium or something.
Speaker 1: We're gonna, We're gonna do it. We may take a couple of the troop of covers with us Thoff.
Speaker 3: You gotta do the Bay, Definitely, gotta do the BA. Gotta do New York, got to New York, Maybe Atlanta, Gotta do Atlanta. I want to do Chicago, maybe Phoenix.
Speaker 1: I hear he has a huge step step. What's the Chicago song, y'all said, y'all step two.
Speaker 3: Out there stepping the name.
Speaker 2: They got burn burn B. I don't know the name of that joint, but I hear it's like going crazy in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Are you able to separate the art from the artist.
Speaker 1: With other people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have to because if I couldn't listen nobody music for sure, because I know too much about these widow I just like it's like I wouldn't hear shit.
Speaker 1: I literally would not be able to turn on music.
Speaker 3: I just can't envision my life without listening to Robert Kelly once a week at least. Hey, man, I mean, greatest hard and be singing of all time. Now if you absolute Stephen Pollo, dog shit, terrible human being deserves.
Speaker 1: To be as do you still watch two and a half Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I never watched you it a half Man And it's still on TV.
Speaker 2: And a terrible guy was running around with HIV having sex with women.
Speaker 3: Nobody says anything, and then Kramer from Seinfeld dropped the end bomb on stage.
Speaker 2: Seinfeld's on TV, tripping off that I'm more so you are sticking your dirty dick and people are not telling them that you have HIV and his show is still on television. I'm not here to say mister Kelly should be exonerated.
Speaker 3: From what you know, he shouldn't be. But we can, I mean, you can enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Art if we start stripping away the art from these guys and everyone have much more music than.
Speaker 3: Listen should to listen to, for sure, for sure. And that's not just like hippies rock. That's like if you go through everything, it's like, fuck motherfucker movies.
Speaker 2: We can go film, TV, show, basketball, football, we can go every look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's not like Patriots fans want to give back the fucking ring that Aaron Hernandez helped them win. They've never they've never said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no they should though, how about that? The fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: Yo, you're you're tighted with Damarrow. Obviously he's on the Bulls. Well he's a free agent now. But yeah, obviously you're a Laker fan. Yeah, if you're not rooting for the Lakers, you're rooting for whatever team he's on. Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm that type of guy.
Speaker 3: And if they're playing against my team, I'm.
Speaker 1: Rooting for my friend.
Speaker 2: I respect that I have to because like, nobody on the Lakers is my friend. M Like, let's be for real here, like at the end of the day, like it's it's it's that's my friend.
Speaker 3: Like I really considered him as a family member. You know. Have you ever tried to, uh like convince him to join the Lakers. Well, I did.
Speaker 1: Convince him to join the Lakers.
Speaker 2: He was just about to sign the deal and we're having to be sitting in his house and ESPN.
Speaker 1: Flashes by the Lakers trade for Russell Westbrook. We was like looking like, what the fuck just happened. He called me pull over.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm coming home because I was on him for like three You're like, bro, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Just come home?
Speaker 1: We run this shit up.
Speaker 2: He had structured the deal, he was getting ready to sign it, and we was literally like this, like he got the phone, his agent. We have to find he had to find another team in the Bulls call. What the he was gonna be a Laker that summer? Well, he already did, the deal was done. What so so Pelinkas, I don't know who's a bitch and who's what and who's that. I'm just telling you the story that I know that I was sitting there.
Speaker 1: So we're here now.
Speaker 3: Though we're back.
Speaker 1: It's another free agent and shout out to Russ.
Speaker 3: Great guy.
Speaker 1: And they're cool. But we're just telling you this was how it went.
Speaker 2: So I had convinced him finally, So now we're here. Though it's older in his career.
Speaker 3: Paul George's about to leave the Clippers. I don't know if he'll play for the Clippers. Came him in that into It Center, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he'll play with the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Are the Lakers of possibility, right, now from what I hear, Yes, what do I want him to.
Speaker 3: Go the Suns on a Vetri minimum? No?
Speaker 1: I want him to either go to San Antonio or Denver.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, he already played in San Antonio. He already played for Pop and he had a great I.
Speaker 1: Want him to go either San Antonio or Denver.
Speaker 2: I don't want him to go play with a big man and a guard.
Speaker 3: Well. He thrived under Pop.
Speaker 2: And he thrived under Pop. He may be bored as fuck, right, but it's true. We're just talking about hoops and hoops. That's where I want him to go. Do I want him on the Lakers for my own like fandom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do I want him to have to deal with the bullshit.
Speaker 3: Of that team? It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Fuck no, because he gonna fire on somebody, He gonna sock somebody up.
Speaker 1: This it's not gonna be all this peachy shit.
Speaker 3: You ain't just just tell me to go play for the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't have any control. Tell him it's kind of crazy. I can just kind of I can influence.
Speaker 3: I can say, hey, man, hey, hey, the Clippers need the Clippers. You know what's crazy is when I first moved to La because I moved out here. We listened. I moved here in twenty seventeen, and I moved here as someone who hated the Lakers. My whole life, I've hated the Lakers. I'm a Sun's fan, but also Lebron's my favorite player. So when Lebron went to the Lakers, you have to come on. I had to because the Sons were terrible. So I was like, you know what, I'm rooting for the like this. When the Lakers won the Bubble Chip, I was very excited for them. You know, the Sun's trying to come up, right, I'm like, cool, Lebron got his chip. But I somehow I've inherited hating the Clippers so much, and it was because Kawhi's bitch azz. Shout out to Kawhi. He led the Lakers on. He led my man Lebron on all the way to the fucking end of that offseason, and then all the free agents were gone, and then he picked the Clippers. I said, man, fuck the Clippers. Yeah, that's what happened. I shout out to Kawai Kwi is incredible.
Speaker 2: Listen, the Clippers are gonna clip hopefully one day something great happens for them, but it's not gonna be. While I'm sitting here, I say san Antonio, Denver not. I don't even thinking. I like the Warriors for sure too. I want out of there exactly. Yeah, jhim and Draymond are super close. I want him to be closer to the house.
Speaker 3: Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Only reason I don't say Phoenix. We just got to get Bradley Beal the fuck up out of there. No, Bradley's a good guy. Yeah, he's a great guy, married guy. Very I'm talking about like temperament, Like the temperament of players you guys have.
Speaker 1: There's nobody that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Able to take the edge that he talks to behind this behind the camera.
Speaker 3: He's trying to say Katie's little sensitive.
Speaker 1: I didn't say he was sensitive. I'm just telling you. I'm telling you there's a dog in the maar.
Speaker 3: We be the Middi each other night, we be the mid Rangers.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a dog in there at all. Like he's not gonna publicly do anything. There's teammates anything, but he don't fuck around with that loser. He don't fuck around with all that pussy footing around. He takes his job very seriously.
Speaker 3: We'll shout out to him for not knocking out Zach Lavin yet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, No, man, a cool man. There was number one on the fucking East.
Speaker 3: Before all them boys got injured. YEAHO got hurt. Yeah, also got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then they gotch and.
Speaker 1: Man, I wish the Bulls would get it together because I love Chicago.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna get it together.
Speaker 1: I think they can, though.
Speaker 2: Kobe White's fucking He's fired, Zoe's coming back. They get the right big there. Man, I'm withstand. I'm just gonna be.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be for real. I think that's still the best place for him. But if he leaves, I want.
Speaker 3: They could take Nurkic and we'll take Caruso. Well, Nurkics for Cruso. Trade works.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say who trades where again. I'm just telling what I want.
Speaker 3: My friend to play basketball.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, I've developed from partial to de rosen man. Yeah, fucking one of the greats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, h o.
Speaker 1: F watch he.
Speaker 3: Should be in the Hall of Fame. Oh for sure. For sure.
Speaker 2: At the most minutes in the league last year, that's so crazy for sure.
Speaker 3: And like you said, that season when they were like he was like in the mvpah the conversation with Number one season. I remember, Yeah, I had him on a fantasy team, which is like weird because I played for I say basketball, and then I meet these guys. I'm like, hey, they.
Speaker 1: Don't give a fuck about it.
Speaker 3: Don't give care.
Speaker 2: Let's about your fucking ragers, all of that ship. They actually if they hear you the wager, they might do some shit to like fuck it off.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Yeah. Do you you gamble on sports?
Speaker 1: I don't gamble?
Speaker 3: That's good. Did you ever gamble?
Speaker 1: I like shoot dice with the homies because on board or something.
Speaker 3: Or if I grab it's the best. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I go to Vegas and I have a two hundred dollars limit.
Speaker 3: For the weekend. Well that's not bad for the weekend though. For the day. I love playing Crabs, but man, you play Crabs, you win quick, you lose quick. It's like one of the others your up or you're down quick. Fuck all that.
Speaker 2: I don't fuck with that. Let's be playing tunk something I know I'm gonna win on for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not gambling. Is there anything?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Obviously for people who don't know. I know we already talked. June fourteenth, the album comes out, Yeah.
Speaker 2: June fourteenth, June sixth, I have the show at the Vermont. It'll last stop on the Problem versus Jason Tour. It's gonna be fucking crazy, sid. I mean that's gonna be I'm sure it's home Home, Home turf. That's gonna be fucking Who's who.
Speaker 3: No, I've been you know what.
Speaker 1: All my shows, I usually bring out one hundred motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: We got to bring out Quick. Well Quick is going to be in Canada. Oh well, never mind, we got to bring out Actually, I'm only got to bring out the same Quick as here today. Well, i'll have him there for the invisible one. Yeah, him there in spirit.
Speaker 1: I will say this's been. I will say Quick it is supposed to be here. But I know why he's not. Shout out to Snoop.
Speaker 2: You guys have a fucking amazing establishment, and you guys treated us great man.
Speaker 1: Make sure you'll go to the Players come downtown.
Speaker 3: I know you also said that you've just been working. Uh, I'm assuming after Troop of Cabra, it's not like you're slowing down because you know you've made. Oh no, people wait for a while for music in certain points in time. Oh no, oh yeah, the foot is on the gas.
Speaker 2: What I don't know is what's coming out next because I'm really focused on this project. I'm gauging it off of this. I'm a chupacabo world right now. But my other good friend Wiz Khalif is dropping because Noise us too, and me and Quick are heavily involved with.
Speaker 1: The post production.
Speaker 3: Well, I think of that with Wizz.
Speaker 1: It'll suck, run and drop while I'm sitting here, So I don't know when it's coming out.
Speaker 3: It's you and Wiz uh one of the more underrated duos.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about that Sunday. It was like Bros and Arrow like, bro, you got any plaques for this one and now?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, bro, I didn't even know that with that. Yeah, hey man, yeah you I mean listen, I feel like the League of Stars problem fingerprints on some of those Wiz mixtapes are very very well you should wait till you hear this problem.
Speaker 2: Quick Dominique shouts to my boy Dominique Sanders, Man, that's like my that's my core crew right now for production. Yeah, man, we got a chance to do something really special with cushion OJ two. So I can't wait for everybody to hear I told Wiz you a dangerous motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Calling it this though, that is a day. That's a brave move. He just smiles like, I know's yeah, that ship fired, alcoholic. I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be done because you know J two and then comtown.
Speaker 2: Piece coming there it is man Jason Martin. Uh the new album, the fourteenth Trooper cover DJ Quick Jason Martin.
Speaker 3: Don't be afraid to pre order it too, Pussy's well, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can actually go by the you can order the vinyl.
Speaker 3: Now we get the vinyl.
Speaker 1: We dropped some cassettes and Walkman like with an actual Walkman.
Speaker 3: Oh so you could. Yeah, Like, you're not a part of the fucking interview, Brian, shut the fry and you are.
Speaker 2: You are, Brian, Brian, Brian pushed pushed my first fucking records. No, I'm fucked up without him. I'm not even sitting here.
Speaker 3: If he's you push something fucked up? Wow up except that shout to Brian the fifty nine year old. Yeah, so yeah, we have a Walkman tape.
Speaker 2: Cassette common you can grab, and then we did the collab with Born and Raised. Uh, you guys, those will be available online. I want to say the week of the album Fire, we got a couple other things.
Speaker 3: Seen a Walkman in a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's fire. They're actually gonna be sending me mind.
Speaker 3: I have a tape shout out to Belly. Yeah, mumble rap.
Speaker 1: On, you're actually sending me mind.
Speaker 2: I've designed them, but I haven't actually seen them yet, so I'm supposed to have mine, like in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: I like it, you know what.
Speaker 3: That's people got to realize, like those are like anybody can stream the album, but you want to have like a little thing like a collector, like a way to support. That's also cool, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And the cassette album will be different than the DSP.
Speaker 3: There'll be different versions of songs, yep, because of certain things. They don't have to be worried about.
Speaker 1: It's just no, I mean, I clear the album.
Speaker 3: You can just you can.
Speaker 2: You can just always add new people whenever you feel like it. With DSP, right like you may just hear another voice on one of the records that's out right now.
Speaker 3: Because it couldn't get cleared for DSPs. I just probably got the verse yesterday. I just probably just got it then.
Speaker 2: So I'll be updating the truper Corra album probably as you guys have beenuntil the point of drop.
Speaker 1: So the ones who have the physicals, you guys have the first idea.
Speaker 3: And then because you can update it all the way up until the dead drop, technically.
Speaker 2: I can update it a week after it drops. I can actually update it when it ros. You guys listen to it and.
Speaker 1: Then you click it.
Speaker 3: It may be bait way. This sh is different, right, Yeah, I like it. There it is man. June fourteenth, goes toport the album. Apreciate your pulling up, brother man.
Speaker 1: Thanks sir, And guess what for you we're gonna have I just need.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have you pull up the Quick house and then we'll just have our own moments.
Speaker 1: Do He just texted me, I just saw it.
Speaker 2: He did just wake up. He definitely just had the longest night. He said, to apologize to you for this. We're gonna make this ship up.
Speaker 3: I saw Quick the other day, he remembered me. I interviewed him once backstage at a dub show. I was like, yeah, you're fucking that guy. Bro. I love quick man shout the quick you know man, Thank you smart, appreciate your brother. Yes, sir, there it is.
Speaker 1: Boom oh h o oh yeah seo o h two wo.
Speaker 3: Water. There's no Molly in it.
Speaker 1: No, we're over.
Speaker 2: We're in over fifty seven eleven. We're going for major distribution real soon.
Speaker 3: Show the label, the labels. Yeah, to show the label, show it to the.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know where it's at. Oh, a bunch of them, right h two o uh right.
Speaker 2: And it's very as efficient dollars ninety nine dollars ninety nine on there it is