Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong. A new week headed into Memorial Day. This could be a big week for your life today. Today you're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 4: The Republican Party, both Houses of Congress and the White House. And they're going to grow the DEAFA sets and leave bloated entitlements alone. What's the point anymore? Wow, I'm forming a new political party. I've given up. Wow, coming out of angry hot on a Monday exactly well offended, righteously angry. Not like I lost my temper because I'm drunk angry. No righteous indignation. It's a stupidity, that hypocrisy, the lack of principle. I got three names a new party, So not I lost my temper because I'm drunk angry, Like that's the only other golf shot. Now I'm helicoptering my club angry. No, this is righteous, biblical anger. How about how about the door dash was so slow? By the time the yogurt got to me, it was all melted angry which I had. Yet that's legit to me. I mean that pays for yogurt, you know, I expects it to be nice and chili. All right, So I got three possible names for a new political party.
Speaker 2: I assume you'll join me on this question.
Speaker 4: Angrytarians referencing my being pissed off enough is Enoughocrats?
Speaker 2: Or finally, f y'all, that's pretty good too.
Speaker 4: I'd wear that T shirt and whatever the flag looks like, I'm flying it in the back of my truck.
Speaker 2: F yolikins.
Speaker 4: I thought the general manager would be Joe Biden's prostate.
Speaker 2: No, no, an old man has cancer. It's no humor there.
Speaker 4: It's just terrible. Doesn't have to be humorous. It's just a big news story I adopted for Humer. I'll tell you something though, interesting wrinkle on this that just happened, and I want to get to it before you hear somewhere else. Do tell that came up on Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough and he didn't state it outright, but he was.
Speaker 2: Certainly hinting at it strongly.
Speaker 4: So it turns out according to the doctor they had, Well, there's a whole bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: I can say about this as a guy who had cancer.
Speaker 4: The reporting on everything that happens in the mainstream news is so horrible, but as usual that there there are a number of things I keep hearing over and over again. They keep saying an aggressive cancer as if that absolutely means something, and it doesn't at all.
Speaker 2: Having had concert and talk to doctors before, uh, back in the.
Speaker 4: Day, many many many years ago, in general, aggressive was bad and not aggressive was good, but not anymore. My cancer was worse because it was not aggressive, because I found fascinating at the time. Yeah, because it wouldn't take the bait, as my doctor said, you're trying to poison the cancer with the chemotherapy, and it wouldn't take the bait, like trying to catch a rat with you know, brat poison. It wouldn't take the bait because it was so slow moving and aggressive cancer. He told me, well, grasp on to the we're gonna get you, and grasp on to the poison and die faster. So often that is better, so that that using that word every single time in every story is meaningless.
Speaker 2: So there you go, let's start there. I'm exciting.
Speaker 4: But the interesting thing is that I learned from from Scarborough's show today, and again this is what they kept hitting at.
Speaker 2: He's had it for probably.
Speaker 4: A decade at least through his presidency, absolutely minimum several years, but probably a decade.
Speaker 2: And it's impossible they either.
Speaker 4: Well almost certainly, they just didn't test for it, or or or just didn't do anything and or just kept it quiet, because, as we've said many times, the president decides what to reveal from that presidential exam, what not to reveal it.
Speaker 2: It is the ultimate.
Speaker 4: This tells us nothing possible that they did that, although you had had to kept it, keep it quiet.
Speaker 2: Every year for many, many, many years.
Speaker 4: I mean, because the president, you know, gets a yearly physical and everything like that, And did he get tested for it every year and keep it quiet throughout his entire presidency, probably years before his presidency so that he could maybe run again or whatever, or or this is what I think Scarborough was him. It's just his overall medical health, including his brain.
Speaker 2: They just didn't test for things.
Speaker 4: They just didn't ask any questions about anything because it was all gonna be bad news and they didn't want to have to discuss anything, so better just to not know. I think that is by far the most likely theory, and I hate to steal the thunder of our own featurette, but we got this note from Jacob that I was going to include in mailbag. Later on in the hour, he says, Hey, guys, do you remember that speech where President Biden randomly said I just found I have out I have cancer or something like that. Then he moved on and nobody commented on it in the White House right town?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, although he accidentally let it slip. Although there's no way he just found out he had cancer because he's had it for a very very long time. But Christmas they just gave him a PSA test for the first time ever. Possibly although we're going to play some of the her tapes later. He didn't know when he was president or vice president or when his sun died by years, So him saying I just found out I got cancer, Who knows what that means. That could have been him remembering from ten years ago. But I'm talking about his brain. The fact that you know him having prostate cancer and hiding it or whatever. I find that kind of a non.
Speaker 2: Story actually, But the fact that it fits in with.
Speaker 4: Just the overall ignoring everything about his body and brain. I think got pretty interesting, oh on how widespread the knowledge was. And I've read a great piece we'll share it with you later about why this all matters.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: This is not just looking in the rear view mirror and kicking Democrats for the fun of it. This is one of the great cover ups in American history.
Speaker 2: All Right.
Speaker 4: Mark Alper keeps making it about the media, which I think is a good thing. It's the biggest failure of the media ever. Period. I don't know what second place would be biggest failure of the media period. And again, I just think it's mostly interesting from me hiding his brain thing.
Speaker 2: And over the weekend, Maureen Dowd in the New York Times, who's.
Speaker 4: The guy they always quoted in the Washington Post, senior man, We had him on the show when we were out there in U Chicago. Dad Balls, like some of the biggest heavyweight hitters wrote some major pieces over this weekend about how awful it is that this was hidden for all this time, kind of like they're discovering it, which is weird but shocking. I mean, it really comes to the top of everybody's consciousness as a what the hell sort of story right, Well, more on that later. It's just it's absolutely amazing. But wow, so I wonder, see he got crazy Jill involved. You got to go to crazy Jill and the artist Hunter who's also crazy.
Speaker 2: They might have just been saying, no, Dad, honey, no tests.
Speaker 4: Let's just do no tests, no tests about anything, and then then we don't have to lie, and then we can just go out there and say everything fine. It is gratifying and somewhat shocking to look back and see how right we were about all of this, not that we had any unique knowledge. Look at the polls at the time. And I say this not to pat ourselves on the back, but virtually everything we said about Jill is the.
Speaker 2: Evil doer in this. You can tell doctor Jill not a real doctor.
Speaker 4: Oh she's a crazy person.
Speaker 2: She's say for real crazy person. Yes, she is absolutely unhinged.
Speaker 4: But everybody in the cabinet who knew and was silence or denied it vociferously. Chuck Schumer, who's a congenital liar. I don't know why anybody ever listens to him on any topic. He couldn't tell the truth unless he accidentally did it. You know, mayor Pete. You know, all of these people who continue to be significant to you know, persons in American politics.
Speaker 2: We cannot just let them get away with it. They should never be in office again. They should never be entrusted with power again. God, who's the guy I don't remember his name, Democrat.
Speaker 4: He's the chair of the Armed Services Committee, like you know, a big committee. Never talked to Joe Biden once, right, which is just incredible. Well because he in previous administrations that regularly talked to the president as the head of the important Defense Committee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you would. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, there's a lot on that and Joe Biden's prostect.
Speaker 2: You know, I hope they get him a treatment and he's fine and all that.
Speaker 4: Oh he's come on, he's on D S D anyway, true that.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more Jack Morgoe.
Speaker 1: Podcasts and our hotlinks, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: You say a lot that's in some of your song lyrics. You want to tell us what it.
Speaker 4: Is to.
Speaker 6: U Mia, it means either live your culture or you kill your culture.
Speaker 2: And there's no in between. So I'm going to get up every day and I'm going to live my culture today?
Speaker 4: What was that nonsense? He was muttering in the middle. That was French, Jack, it's a language. That was Jordan Thibodeau, who was featured on sixty Minutes as part of a really interesting segment about essentially Cajun and similar music in that culture. I thought that was a really interesting statement, you either live your culture or kill your culture, especially because I was corresponding with a friend of mine about my upcoming trip to London with my bride and he sent along some commentary about.
Speaker 2: Have you been brushing up in your English to get ready for it?
Speaker 4: Hilarious, And it was a commentary on how Britain and Europe, having permitted rampant immigration that nobody voted for but the elite wanted, had caused enormous dislocating cultural problems. And it's something we've talked about several times. But and pointing out that like the mayors of most of the big cities in Britain are all Muslims, inexplicably because they're still a fairly small minority, but there are hundreds of Sharia councils, in Sharia courts and the rest of it in Britain.
Speaker 2: And I found that really intriguing.
Speaker 4: Which way to Buckingham Palace right over there?
Speaker 2: Which way over there? Over there? Why are you talking like that?
Speaker 4: So I was for whatever reason that came within twenty four hours of hearing mister Thibadeau talking about you live your culture or you kill your culture. I always remember when I read the giant biography of Pope John Paul the Second, he was constantly saying languages culture, talking about that it is they travel together, they just do.
Speaker 2: And if the language dies out, that culture has died out. And if you can and.
Speaker 4: That's why, that's why Russia goes in and forces people to speak Russian various languages in various areas because use China.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you dare speak one of your ethnic languages in China, you will be hauled into re education. That's why it's so hilarious that we're so willing in the United States to like turn over giant swaths of the country to another language. We just put up signs in that language, start putting things in that language and say that's fine, we don't care, we don't need to hang on to our language. Well exactly, you called it funny, and I get you're being kind of ironic, but I was just going to say it is one of the more horrifying and obscene things I've observed in my life that we of the West Europe, in the United States and Canada, primarily the English speaking world and Europe have been convinced that we have the one culture that not only is not beautiful and worth preserving or awesome or successful or whatever, but it's evil and we deserve to have it stamped out. And anybody who doesn't participate in that stamping out enthusiastically is an awful person and should be shamed or forced out of their job or what have you. And you know, if you just look at England, never mind the United States, look at England. They've practically brought us democracy. It's existed in different forms in different places, but my god, the Magna Carta and the emergence of the Parliament as a counter to the king and working with the monarch and just over hundreds of years hammering out the details of how does a people self govern hm and then that giving birth to the United States. I mean, you want to talk about a culture worth being proud of and preserving.
Speaker 2: About British culture, and it's off shoots.
Speaker 4: So you have more you want to say on that topic before I get to my next This all came together like in the last three minutes in my head.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So why would those who were browbeating us to flush our own culture down the toilet, hate our own history, hate our own people?
Speaker 2: Why would they do that?
Speaker 4: I think a lot of you are probably a little bit ahead of me at this point. But I came across this this morning. It's a piece in the National Review and let's see. Oh, it's by the notorious MBD Michael Brendan Doherty, who came across some audio of Hillary Clinton, of all people, doing an interview at one of those never ending Look how smart and cool and rich we are speech athons.
Speaker 2: God who goes to those things? Well, it's a certain class of people, but I've never heard of most of these things.
Speaker 4: This is the ninety two and Why, part of the Newmark Civic Life series. Oh yeah, the ninety two Street Why is a huge deal in New York. If you're important, they have those all the time with Yeah, I see those on YouTube videos regularly.
Speaker 2: I've never been so. Hillary was jabbering about.
Speaker 4: She launched into the screen and the audio, but it's better to shorten it because, you know, ramble a little bit. She launched into this mocking the idea of the Trump administration or anybody else trying to get Americans to have more babies, and she's right in that it's ultimately going to fail.
Speaker 2: But she launches into a screed in which she says.
Speaker 4: The quiet part out loud that the progressive, the affluent progressive lifestyle, however you want to describe it, lifestyle liberalism, certain forms of feminism. It's the privilege of affluent Americans and is supported by mass immigration, legal and illegal. Progressivism is not economically or socially sustainable, except if we import brown people and foreign people. She said, it's crazy trying to make America great again by returning to lifestyles and the economic arrangements of not just the fifth I mean, let's keep going back as far as we can. The nuclear family returned to being a Christian nation, a return to producing a lot of children.
Speaker 2: These are quotes, even though she says they alleged.
Speaker 4: Particularly offended her throwing out the nuclear family as something to give up on easily. Wow. Then she takes a shot of Republicans say that they have no interest in paid family leave or funding quality childcare, their cutting head start. But she said, it's sort of odd because the people who produce the most children in our country are immigrants, and they want to deport them.
Speaker 2: None of this adds up. This is all a quote.
Speaker 4: In fact, one of the reasons why our economy did so much better than comparable advanced economies across the world is because we had lots of immigrants, legally and undocumented, who had a larger than normal by American standards family. So, quoting Doherty, taken together, Clinton says that immigrants make the American lifestyle of today add up in part because of their higher birth rates. And she's right, although he later points out within two generations, certainly three, immigrant birth rates plunge down to Native American birth rate. Also to point out the reality, any neighborhood you ever lived in, Hillary become primarily a different language speaking in the restaurant you used to go to, become a food and language that you don't know in your school. The teachers she couldn't learn in schools because there are so many languages. When you go to the emergency room, a lot, a lot of Spanish speaking or whatever. That really slows things down that it doesn't happen to you. It's funny, it happens everybody else.
Speaker 1: See Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah or Jack your show podcasts and our hot links the arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 6: They literally are trying to take healthcare away from millions of Americans at this very moment in the dead of night.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god. It's a party of monsters. That's why they're having a republic wells, they're monsters. That's why they're having the one am vote tonight on the big beautiful bill to try to slide through in the darken night, the cutting back on Medicaid, and so the Republicans who are actual vampires can come out to vote too, because you know, the sun is down. So Craig Gottwalls originally Craig the Obamacare lawyer, because when Obamacare was in the works and passed, Craig would talk to us about it, longtime friend of the show, and everything he said was true, and virtually everything he predicted happened, in contrast to most of the coverage of it, which was garbage. Well, Craig is now Craig the healthcare guru, and we're going to talk a little bit about Medicaid, among other things. Craig Gottwals, how are you, Craig, I'm good.
Speaker 2: How are you, gentlemen? Terrific? Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: So what do you make of Hakeem Jeffrey's quote there and what is the reality of medicaid?
Speaker 5: Well, it underscores just how we can give anything to the government. This is this is why we can't have nice things. Right. So, in nineteen sixty five, the federal government passed Medicaran Medicaid, and specifically with respect to Medicaid, the whole idea was, man, we need a safety net for like single moms with disabled children who are falling through the cracks. We need we need this, this mechanism to just capture the most disadvantaged among us, to help them out and to give them to give them a lift. Right, So we did. And back when this was passed in nineteen sixty five, it was designed to cover two percent of Americans two percent. Today it covers one in three Americans and forty one percent of all babies burst in our.
Speaker 2: Country, whoa forty one percent of babies born.
Speaker 4: So originally forty one line, the disabled, the utterly unable to help themselves, and now it is approaching half of us. Is that because we we have so many more single moms with blowing babies?
Speaker 2: Or what does that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you get you know better than I Jack. This is entitlement creep government creep at its finest.
Speaker 2: I mean you.
Speaker 5: When this really took off and became insane was with Obamacare in the early you know, twenty teens. When Obamacare came into play, Obamacare was bribing the states because you know, the way this thing works, it's an agreement between the state and the federal government and they're shared financing, right, So the federal government couldn't just say to the states, you shall expand medicaid. But what the federal government did is said, hey, look if you expand medicaid to basically able bodied, working age people now because we'd already you know, had medicaid for all the other categories you just mentioned, Joe, the government said, look, if you do that, will we the federal government, will pay one hundred percent of it for some time, and then we'll pay ninety percent of it. So all but tens dates went ahead. And said, heck, yeah, we'll take that deal. And so now with that, with that Medicaid expansion expansion that occurred with Obamacare, it's it's ninety percent paid for by federal tax payers, and it covers anywhere from eight million to fourteen million able bodied working adults or I should say able bodied adults, some of which are working, some of which aren't.
Speaker 4: And in a bizarre twist, correct me if I'm wrong, the federal government compensates the states at a much higher percentage for able bodied dudes smoking pot on their parents based on couch than they do for actual like disabled people in blind babies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, that's exactly right. So that was the that was the Obamacare bribe because because Medicaid already covered all those people we were trying to protect, you know, when we started this thing in the sixties. So it covered all those people that had disabilities, single moms, et cetera, the blind, that disabled, but it didn't cover just underemployed or unemployed abled bodied adults. And so in order to get the states to agree to do that, the federal government had to say, look, we know that we're only paying you an average of fifty to sixty five cents on the dollar for your existing Medicaid, and we know that's not enough to get you the states to agree to go ahead and cover the adults. So we'll pay ninety to one hundred percent, starting at one hundred percent, dropping down to ninety percent. So, yes, that's exactly right. If you are a twenty eight year old dude smoking pot in your mom and dad's basement right now, medicaid's paying ninety percent. The federal government's paying ninety percent of your Medicaid where it's only paying an average of sixty cents on the dollar in a state like California for a disabled mother with the child.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm thinking somebody I know specifically who is like a regular person with the job and is doing it the normal way, and there are incredible medical bills they got right now because they've had some health problems. That's very galling that they have these high medical bills with insurance and everything, as opposed to if you got on some sort of government plan, it'd all be covered. And Craig, I'm going to leave it up to your judgment how much you want to get into this, But there are all sorts of other perverse incentives that this law has caused states, you know, taxing hospitals to raise the amount spent, but then they get it back from the federal government, then they give it back to the hospitals.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's byzantine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let me just give you a couple of nuggets on the cost of it, just just because what's happened is employers pay two to three times the cost of a hospital visit, as Medicare and Medicaid do. So when you are on Medicare and Medicaid, you go to the hospital, you pay X. If you're on an employer sponsored plan, you pay two's the three times X.
Speaker 2: Wow, the state bills I was just talking about, thus the bills.
Speaker 5: But even with that reality, gentlemen, if you're on Medicare, that cost per taxpayer is about eleven thousand per year, if you're on Medicaid, it's ninety four hundred per year, and for employer sponsored people it's eighty seven hundred per year. So even with that, granted, employer sponsored covers generally younger, generally healthier, we get that, but even with this tremendous cost shift to the hospitals, it just underscores how inefficient these government programs are. When they passed Medicare. Now this is Medicare, not Medicaid. But they did all the financials together when they passed it in nineteen sixty seven, actually two years in, when they did an analysis on it, they said, hey, we think this is going to cost twelve billion by nineteen ninety, when in fact it cost one hundred billion. They were off a factor of eight.
Speaker 2: With medicare the bullet train of medicine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the bullet train of medicine. And now that there are some people making noises that, gee, we ought to trim back the edges a little bit and get these able bodied adults off of it, you of course get the grand standing of politicians, even those on the right, screaming that it's murder in the streets.
Speaker 2: So Medicare is the one we all get when we ty cynical it will.
Speaker 4: Medicare is the one we all get when we turn sixty five, But Medicaid is the one at the downtrodden earth or folks allegedly. Yeah, yeah, hey, Craig, I want to do the numbers you did for Medicaid too. So in nineteen eighty seven, Congress projected that Medicaid would make special relief payments to hospitals of less than a billion dollars by nineteen ninety two under a billion dollars. The actual cost was seventeen billion, So they're seventeen times as high. I mean, if that doesn't tell you what you need to know about government entitlement programs and what they do inevitably, well, you're too stupid to understand it, don't I pity you.
Speaker 5: And that one was in a five year span. Joe, that was their eighty seven projection for ninety two. Oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that wasn't well. And one of the problems.
Speaker 4: One of the problems is, you know, all government programs grow, and you know the high cost of good intentions and all that sort of stuff. But in this case, you've got the added part that there's a bunch of people that want the government to run all of healthcare. So they loved they're push the expansion. It's not just like normal bureaucratic creep. They're pushing it. The more people cover, the more you can make the argument of well or already government healthcare anyway, Let's just flip the switch and go full on single payer.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right, and the single payer I'm just here to tell you the single payer path is a good thirty to fifty percent more expensive. Now those costs are hidden because of the way the money slashes around. But you've only got one payer of health care in America that actually cares what it costs, and that's employers.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: The insurance companies don't care because the way Obamacare is written, they need more claims to make more money. The government doesn't care because the more healthcare costs, the more budget they get to address the issue. The only policyholder, the only tax the only moneyed interest in this that actually cares, is an employer, and it's dramatically shrinking. Those of us that get healthcare at work is shrinking every year.
Speaker 4: I don't know how we ever get this fixed, Because you've probably been listening to know. I got whooping cough. So I've been to the doctor, like yeah, four or five times, eight different medications, all these different bills.
Speaker 2: Most of them tiny. I don't have the slightest idea what anything cost or I'll get a bill.
Speaker 4: I know, I'll get a bill in a month for one hundred and eighty bucks or five hundred eighty bucks, I don't know, and then I'll just pay it. And nobody has any idea. And the randomness of those of us who have employee, you know, insurance, we don't know if we're getting ripped off or good price or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it's it's complicated, really discouraging, Go ahead, Craig.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's it's not health jack by the you know a lot of people think that, hey, I have Purple Cross as my insurance, and so whether I go to Stanford or El Camino or good Sam for this particular shoulder surgery should be about the same price because I have a Purple Cross PPO contract. Right, It's not you can pay ten thousand for that shoulder surgery or fifty thousand for that shoulder surgery with the same exact insurance card. It's utterly insane what's happening in the commercial market because government has crept into this unholy alliance with the commercial payers, and so you have this, you have a situation where it's crony capitalism at its absolute worst. You know we're talking about and we can tease for a future visit, but there are ways to get around this, but relying on the government or this large commercial sector is going to kill us. And when I say the commercial sector, I mean the fully insured carriers. Employer sponsored plans, self funded employer sponsored plans are the way to go. It's the only way to beat this and beat it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking to Craig Gottwal's Craig, the healthcare guru. Craig.
Speaker 4: I feel like at this point in the interview we ought to give people the local suicide hotline number.
Speaker 2: I mean, because it's so discouraging.
Speaker 4: So we've you know, described this incredible, mountainous, wasteful, enormously expensive government program out of control. And if you, as say a Republican a Chip Roy, for instance, say hey, can we have thirty five year old guy smoking pawn on his parents' couch, please pay a thirty five dollars copay when he goes to the doctor, you have Hakeem Jeffrey screaming you're literally taking healthcare away from millions of Americans. Yeah, that's that's one problem, though, the other problem is you that's a Democrat. He got Josh Howey, a Republican writing an opera, and Molly has lost his soul I hope he gets hit by a car ab horror violence. Josh Holley writes, I think in the New York Times last week. You know Republicans, hey do not cut any of this. It's a bad political move. So where does that leave you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It you.
Speaker 5: At this point, gentlemen, I put my head down. I don't even listen to the big the big picture anymore, and I just try and help one employer at a time. And I get individuals that contact me and they asked me what do I do?
Speaker 2: And I say, buy is a little little sick.
Speaker 5: The highest deductible, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Don't get sick is your recommendation.
Speaker 5: Don't get sick, but find a doctor, find a doctor who's left the system, and engage in something called direct primary care, where you give them anywhere from seventy five to two hundred dollars a month, you treat, you work with them, and then god forbid, you have something giant happen. You have the highest deductible you can stomach to go.
Speaker 2: Deal with that issue.
Speaker 5: But you've got to cut insurance and government payments out as much as you can and work directly with doctors. And the good news is that system is growing gentlemen, I call the doctors every week that are leaving the system and going direct pay with individuals and not the three hundred and fifty dollars concierge model, but like doing this for one hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 4: Well, I love the idea of starting at that point in our next conversation with you, Craig, and talking about that, because one of the things I was going to bring up if we have time, and we don't unfortunately, but some of the unholy vertical integration of the giant healthcare companies where they own the doctor, they own the hospital, they own the pharmacy, they own the pharmacy benefit manager, which is an unholy, murky cesspool of God knows where the money goes. And so yeah, the idea of checking out of that system, I love it. Let's let's let's talk off the air. Will schedule you to come back because I think it'd be great for the good folks.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, gentlemen, have a wonderful day. Yeah, thanks, Craig. Appreciate the time, Craig. You have to come on all the time and bear bad news.
Speaker 4: I mean it's like, yeah, I just you know, as a realist, you've unlike the Biden family, the one thing you must do is understand reality or or your you'relice. I've been saying too Craig, and he usually agrees for years. I think the realist view is we're going to end up single payer healthcare. Uh, it's just when, When does it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I suppose so.
Speaker 4: But in every single health single payer healthcare system, people who can afford it go outside, right right, got to learn those ropes. Yeah, hang it, don't folks, it'll be okay. Don't get sick. Just don't get sick or break anything. That's the answer.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: It's Jack, Armstrong and Joe, the Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: So they've been a couple of great government works, things that got out of control and cost gazillions of dollars and never got finished.
Speaker 2: In my lifetime.
Speaker 4: I remember Boston's a big dig hearing about that my whole life. Decades and decades and decades of wasting tons of money, Alaska's famous Bridge to Nowhere. But they're all paling in comparison to California's high speed rail project, which goes back to two thousand and eight. And if it's not already at the end of the day, will be the biggest government sinkhole of bureaucracy and waste as an example of how democracy keys can fail in our nation's history.
Speaker 2: And it's probably already been Richmond too. I must part of the reason it's getting a bunch of a national attention.
Speaker 4: Now. New York Times did a story last Sunday, the Associated presses on it, and the Dispatch did a story yesterday. Is the CHSR, that's the California High Speed Rail Authority. They put out new numbers just recently, and their own new numbers have now increased the total cost to one hundred and thirty five billion dollars. When taxpayers agreed to this, it was thirty three billion. It's now one hundred and thirty five billion. It's more than one hundred billion dollars more than originally proposed it was. We were supposed to be writing it five years ago. It's supposed to be done in twenty twenty. I have not written in a view they're now saying it comes anywhere near the original promise. It will be north of two hundred billion dollars, mark my words. And they said in their most recent statement, it may take two more decades to complete most of the San Francisco Los Angeles segment, two more decades to complete most, So they're not even saying in two decades they can complete.
Speaker 2: It, right.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you know about travel, but you really need the whole thing. Like if I'm going to New York this summer, I need to get all the way there. Most of the way doesn't do any good. It's either get you to Indianapolis. It's really an all or nothing proposition whenever you travel somewhere, Am I going there or not? But I thought this was really interesting and I can't believe this hasn't gotten more attention.
Speaker 2: This is from the chsra's own plan.
Speaker 4: It is now going to connect to towns on the outskirts of both major metros. It's not gonna take you from San Francisco to Los Angeles. It's gonna take you from Gilroy, which if you live in the area, you know very close to San Francisco, and.
Speaker 2: That is the outskirts of the outskirts of the Outo.
Speaker 4: It's seventy miles southeast of San Francisco to Chail. It will take you just under two hours to drive from Gilroy to San Francisco as we speak, to Palmdale, which is thirty seven miles northeast of the edge of Los Angeles, and in Los Angeles traffic, it would take you several hours to make that drive. So instead of the city centers, it's going to take you from Gilroy to Palmdale. That will save construction time and money, but it will need mean the writers will need another hour or more to get into the cities. That is an incredibly generous statement. I would say a minimum of three to four hours on a good day, all told an hour and a quarter from Palmdale to LA right now, all told. Economist Scott Summer estimates that this new setup would require at least a seven hour series of trains or cars for someone to get from downtown San Francisco to downtown Los Angeles. Instead of the original promised three hour one train trip and seven hours on the best, everything broke your way, it would take seven hours.
Speaker 2: It is the greatest failure of democracy I've ever witnessed.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty