Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Steneveeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. With us is Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora, Melinda, Nora, what are you watching?
Speaker 4: Well, I've got my eyes on the Warner Brothers Discovery saga that we've been seeing instday into a week into a week. Well, Warner Brothers Discovery did confirm that it received an amended tender offer from Paramount's Guidance, which we know has really been vying for this company in addition to its competitor Netflix for this So Warner Brothers Discovery says that it will quote carefully review and consider the offer. We do know that Paramounts Guidance was really just trying to address some of the concerns that they felt that Warner Brothers Discovery had that was preventing this deal from going through. So Paramounts Guidance in a statement today that over two point eight billion dollar termination fee that Warner Brothers would have to pay if it actually ended that already agreed upon deal with uh.
Speaker 1: Now does that make it a better deal that to me? If it doesn't work, we're going to pay you more money, right, I mean no, we'll see if they take it.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is interesting. We do see shares of Warner Brothers, Discovery, Tacker WBD up about two percent, but Paramounts, Guidance and Netflix also in the green. So clearly Netflix shareholders doesn't seem as though they're too threatened over this.
Speaker 1: I love, make it stop. Our BI team said, we don't expect Warner Brothers Discoveries Board to engage unless the base bit is raised to at least thirty two dollars a year. I remember that Netflix is already treating this.
Speaker 4: Like they have it right, like it's in the bag, like.
Speaker 1: It's which is interesting. Okay, wait for the streaming series, Matt.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, no I twelve season, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We'll speak speaking of streaming, let's talk about music streaming.
Speaker 1: Let's go there, nice Spotify.
Speaker 4: Tick oer spot We're seeing shares on a tear today up for double digit gains early, up as much as twenty percent. That is the biggest drump in jumping nearly eight years. This is after it reported a record number of users last quarter. But they also pointed to Spotify rapped and if you guys are not familiar, you know that's where Spotify releases your top songs at the end of an hour.
Speaker 1: That was so wrong, was it? Oh? Yeah, the data?
Speaker 3: No, I mean it said my listening age was like in the fifties or sixties or seventy seventies.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it makes no sense because.
Speaker 4: You don't agree.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it was totally wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I do yours right. I think mine was like decently right. But I think that the whole point of the age thing is to say, like, your listening ear is similar to that of.
Speaker 1: Seven guarantee you it's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wait, so yours was a kid like that's what they're saying seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. But it's like my thing is like kid music and Bony Verre.
Speaker 4: It's okay, still offended.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like it's just even.
Speaker 3: Me returns to seventy year old could listen to, Oh it's five Bunny Taylor Swift, good stuff. I'm not listening to that. We're listening to like Elmo stuff. Okay, so that's why it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: I'd have to take a look at your top songs.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's any algorithm, all right, but nonetheless that's what they're saying, except for tim it works.
Speaker 4: Apart from tim it works apparently, so.
Speaker 1: I mean often running right, Yeah, all right, I mean a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people love it.
Speaker 1: It did raise the prices on me recently, and guess what I'm gonna do? What you keep paying?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, but do you have Apple Music too? No, you have to choose one of the other carols. We're an Apple music families.
Speaker 3: Okay, it probably would be a better deal if I bundled Apple with you know, all my stuff, but I'm not going to like pour it over the playlist.
Speaker 1: Give Apple so much music. Let's go to Robinhood.
Speaker 4: Yes, Robinhood. We know that this company is reporting after the closing bell, So we did see shares reversing their earlier gains. But we did see that Wolf Research actually raised the stock to app perform from peer perform. The analysts over there or citing the idea of potential upside from prediction markets growth, which we know has been a massive topic. I'm sure you know all about this. I heard you talking about it earlier today, Tim about prediction markets, but apparently that's a tailwind for this company. We are seeing that they'll be reporting after the closing belt today. Shares with the stock though take her hood down twenty four percent so far this year. It is just February.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.