Speaker 1: You understand I can put anything I want that on you. That's what I'm saying. So you as a consumer, you're gonna watch, not consumer as I'm saying, as somebody watching my platform. If I put eighty five South and number six and and they even it ain't even came out yet, you just said I said the hard numbers, the demographics behind the scenes. Okay, when someone there's value to every viewer, there's an ad company that wants to sell something to every person that clicks on the eighty five South podcasting looking at it in a small I'm looking at it? How Netflix looking at it? They're selling that data? Bro does Netflix try to Does Netflix own that content of y'all? What content that y'all did for them? Did they pay y'all for it? I might as well enjoy yourself. You know your can get broke into tonight.
Speaker 2: So will it be on the eighty five Apple? I guess it's my question.
Speaker 1: At some point give should pay a forty million because it's saying, listen, we want to own this. We don't want to play the game where you you know, own it, and we want to give you forty and we want it. Is that okay?
Speaker 2: Do you believe that that's what the best was being reported and giving?
Speaker 1: Hard who would report that? Think about how it work Netflix? Why would they want to do that? Because they don't want you to be unreasonable and think it's a forty million dollar number on a comic without it being ownership on their side. They don't just pull numbers out and I got deals everywhere. No, but the way that you say it, you're gonna mislead people and make them think that they just tell me what I said. That a misleads that they gave that man that money. Nah, come on, man, they know what I'm talking about giving. They don't give nobody you think that. Yeah, I'm talking about why they came and offered him forty million dollars. Anybody that's below that standard don't watch this show. You gotta understand that that ain't We don't even know if that's the number, whatever the number is. We know they interested in owning the content on that platform because I hear comics time and time again speak to that. Big comics speak to yo. The reason why the front end is so much is because they're interested in owning it and not showing the numbers, not even giving you real data as to what it done. Then the business side to understand demographics and things. The numbers, that's what dude, you're not listening. I'm never saying the number. That's why on YouTube and things, you can't have fake feels and certain things because they'll they added in this because they're selling ads against it. So what happens is Netflix is taking that hard data that they're telling you as useless. And it's unfortunate that you were just hiring the business and thinking this data's useless when this data is so important. You look, you not even hearing hearing I'm listening. Go ahead, they give what you watching on there, or they want you to have this account? Who the company? Hell yeah, you think what you watch? They don't write, I do it. You can have a Netflix account and never watch nothing. You don't watch Netflix every day. I think there's extreme value in what is actually being watched on Netflix to feel like we win. When I see black people we're slaves are symbols. No we're not. We gotta stop thinking like that. No, this is the proof, bro. We spend all our money in the consumer market. Who believes why google it? Why because we're slaves? Off symbols. So what I'm saying is we're slaves to the consumer market and symbolisms. I don't believe it. Tell me how, give me, give me something, something indicator that says whatnot? Because there is no WI. They spend millions of dollars on weave every every year Black women do. That's their business. Of course, that's their buiding. But I'm telling you that they don't need weave. They buy this is fake hair, horse hairs some of course, But I'm free. Will You ain't listening to me. You're saying you can't be a hypocrite on the platform. I ain't a hypocrite. Yes you are, but you're just said we slaves and you want bought all them change. I was a hypocrite. I say, y'all, you said we that mean I'm not a hypocrite. Well that's what I'm saying everybody that. But what I'm saying, we that mean I'm not a hypocritic. If I say y'all, that mean I'm separating from y'all, Well why are you yelling at them? Who's yelling? But what when you're saying we are slaves? People can hear anything like what you're talking about that not But what I'm saying is there is no way to universally speak for all black people said that. What I'm saying is like they spend a billion dollars on weed. I think you do. You got a phone or good? Yeah, you need to spend some time on it. If black women stop spending money on weed, what would happen? Well? Nothing, if they have no direction with what to do, and if and if us as black men don't accept them with their natural help. Okay, so if black men this is an overall problem. Again, we are slaves. This rooky Now niggas want tone me to death exactly, my man, Lord, both loans, old loan, new loom. Okay, okay, it's up there and stuck that nigga when it's up there, Man, it's stuck there. Shut up. But y'all don't give that. Y'all give take care of the budding. And then these dudes, they all is ty coon. So you know me, if I'm not careful, this could slip away, you know, So I gotta be. You know, I'm I'm I'm paying attention because I got all these deals. Bro, you gotta think I don't even got a co host I got the same deal as anybody else got with the same ad companies. I got it all. I got audio deals, video deals, Patreon deal, I got a prize picks. I got the same things across the board, right, So I gotta maintain that all that without even a co host. So my intensity is through the rule. Yeah, and that's why we're finna talk about just the whole them together, all of that then hit him solo. It's like, Bro, you gotta for me. I'm out on the island with this, like trying to figure it out. Which is working. I'm doing well, bro, and every every aspect of this. But I'm cognizant that, like now we're talking about your boy. What's up? G Look Jeremiah Phillip eighteen months ago, popping, popping, popping. I gotta keep having good conversations like this one, like when I sit with fifty cent, Like when I see with all these I got to have these got to be I mean, you've been talking to fifty now.
Speaker 2: I got him on the calendar.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, I got him on the calendar. Nothing. I ain't holler at fifty Yeah. Yeah. I had brief inactions with him. He came to a couple of shows. I know he he gave most definitely got to you gotta come in here and talk with us. I hope we get the right version of I got a lot of them now when they get fit there on the show, they be wanting to hear the business man. I need to hear that from from the street because his street knowledge just as good as the business side. Like they want to talk. They used to you know them little clips he used to drop on world stuff like see you know what's wrong with you? You need to always be waiting on do something's wrong with you? Cronasce man, you got two legs and two like that type of ship. Like they might not choose the best words, but I find the motivation and inspiration and all types of like just move from the culture bro with that moment at the end of one of them, I think it's the hay Mam video, Jim Jones just come out in the full linked first reaching the coat pocket, pull out big water money like as a young turned me up really with my with my psychology or how I wanted this to go, Like oh you could be and still get that paper bird man man like all that. I like none that I'm grown and I look back all that stunned that he did in them rhymes. That was a specific version, like that's tailor for me, Like you don't have to do it like a rapper do it, but the mother that's trying to inspire you to get some more. You really got to be able to take the message from there. You still love to see ship like that. I love when Sexy Red be out and then she pulled her stacks out. You get what I'm like, Most people think she's just being ignorant, but you think, like when you know what that what she's doing, she knows how she's really talking to people who don't have that platform. And I don't mean to say that she's ignorant. I'm just saying, you know.
Speaker 2: That's the perception, right right, Yeah, but no, we relate to that.
Speaker 1: That turned us up, like I got to see it something man out the talk and all that motherfuckers be wanting to see. Okay, I did this and I got that. What I'm saying, you just got it. And with fifty man, I think he's valuable asset to the culture for real, for real, Like yeah, yeah, he's valued. Yeah that nigga man, I'm talking about he go to talking and it's like, oh, his impact was crazy when he came out, and it's just the whole allure of him being shot that many times people just wanted to hear what he had, like he was gonna drop a message from the side, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a hell he had a then he played into a bulletproof vest. He didn't let us down.
Speaker 2: Yet he showed like he ain't went out bad one.
Speaker 1: He ain't let us down here even the public ship. You know, that be considered like business flops of failures, but it's like that's just part of the game, and he's still up. He ain't win our bad you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Nah, he and to had win against giants. Yeah, because he challenged Jade and them still of this day did it. I ain't the man he fought for that spot because he saw he was like, y'all just gonna let two niggas get money. I'm gonna get I'm gonna get a bit without them niggas, Right, that's the important part. I'm gonna do it without them niggas, and I'm gonna do it in a different way than them. There Like, just think about that, because coming through rap saying fuck jay Z is like pissing where you live at. Yeah, you can't come and be challenging jay Z. And did it and in New York and against murder, ain't at the time like he come through that. He fought for what he got. He did that poor fall for what he and he he stood on it. And like he said, he ain't let a nigga down. Want he ain't let us down. Ain't nobody took nothing from ain't nobody He went one. Ain't that crazy? He might be the only rap nigga that doesn't kick that high level gangster ship. Like, Nah, you can't say that because then there's too many that you'll be an overlook that done went that far that they ain't went out bad man, give me some mold ship. Oh Holding kicked that high level gangster talk though he did that. I've been shot, nigga. I'm ready to die. Nigga. Look if it's beefcocking and dump it. The drummer really mean nothing to me? I rapped by and throw your brains out. How much murder Murder got, how much ship Holding rapped about? Right? And think about just how much ship you done learned about his life over the years. That you know is the fact that you you know what I'm saying, like he don't shot away from it. But think of how much he ain't never spoke of him, right, But that makes it different because Fifty coming out saying, I shoot up your mama house, nigga and make your gass look for me, like he ain't talking about hustling at this time. He was straight grimming on some I'm talking about that level of gangster ship. Bro, when a nigga coming saying, if it's beef what he says, but it's not your character that he created. He used to he he played that yeah ship. But then though usually we catch the rap nigga, they kicked that kind of ship, they done call them and kicked them in the ass somewhere down in his career. Well, you didn't got somebody in a beat on him, like even sugar, after so long, you're getting knocked out after so long, like you gotta keep it, like, I don't think you can only look at ship like that type of ship one way though, Like Nigga the baddest motherfucker's didn't got knocked out.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that.
Speaker 2: When I'm staying knocked out, I mean d thrown.
Speaker 1: And when we say fifty never went out bad, we're not even talking about took a loss. We spoke to him having bankruptcies and things like that. That's business, right, but them can be considered losses to people who don't have the vision that we have to understand where he's at. When I'm from the outside looking right, people want to understand how you protect your business assets exactly like that. It ain't like that's a failure. That's just how you protect them money and ship you already got. But what I'm saying is he hasn't been dethrown at least That's what I mean when I say he never went out bad, that's what he went But I'm saying most niggas they at some point, like Sugar, when I say he was knocked out, it ain't because he lost a fight. I'm saying the atmosphere around Shug changed to where he was now de thrown from that scary. He's still Shug Knight.
Speaker 2: He's still Sugar Knight, but not that scariest. They knocking they stay hitting on him.
Speaker 1: Color I know it. But if niggas, they wouldn't that hit Sugar in the nineties broyed Sugar had stole. Yeah he had. I'm talking about catching down there at the club and try to knock him out, shoot him, have him up here the thing where he running niggas over trying to get away, like, bro, Like, what do you think happened in Las Vegas? They was trying to kill him too. No, he come up there to try to bargain to get in on the wold saying I'm talking about the Knight park Hill. They were gonna kill him too. They were shot at the car. They wouldn't aiming at one person too, but then got hit up a lot of times. That's a direct Violett. That's what I'm telling you. That's what I'm saying, right. But for a minute, No, that's just that's just playing the game. Like, ain't nobody gonna just let you bully them and not do nothing back. But if you in the game ain't been dethrowned, he's been bullied. He ain't just walked around and slap motherfuckers. They didn't have fight it untok their money from him. That's worse. If I were young.
Speaker 2: I have probably tried to kill that nigga.
Speaker 1: But you don't you make you feel me that just took me. It's from me versus slapping me. That's only watching that ship from the fan point of view. I didn't think about it. From the business I don't. I'm not defending either, sad right, what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if you're in the business side him, he didn't take ship. I can't say that he took nothing. But what I'm saying is eighty five South. You know how much of an arch in it I am near? You what these people? If I signed you the eighty five celth Yeah, and shit didn't work out, and I still continue to make millions of dollars like they did at g Unit. You can leave here and say they fucked my money up. They took my money because they still got it. Nigga, We had the money before we got to see So if you come over here and your shit don't work out, that don't mean that I took nothing from you. That just mean you wasn't able to use the infrastructure that I created to create this money. This is revisional on his business side. Nah, this revision is history. You know too much about hip hop, dude, I know you're a hip hop listen, young buck and fifty cent situation in particular, fifty was putting it out to ruin him his career. He would kept on that's what fifty do. He used his platform to say he embarrasses you. He like he puts stuff out to diminish your value in the marketplace, and that to me is worse than us fighting. I can take a fight from it. Hey man, I don't know, but to make me go from selling two hundred thousand my first week to twenty five hundred my first week, you done crash my company. Nobody should be able to do that. Well, everything in this business is on perception, especially with a rapper. Not for y'all and not for me. We hard numbers and listens and things like that. With rappers, they live on perception. So once we view you as not the guy that we thought you were, it affixed.
Speaker 2: It affixed the business, all right.
Speaker 1: So this is the argument that I've been hearing from the fifty cents that if you came out and you went platinum, and you sold all these records, right, and you tied up on the business side. When you when you successful, you want all the credit for your success. You got to take the same credit when you're not successful, or when you stumble, or when you fail or when you flop. It can't be Oh, I did this shit by myself. When you come out in your first G unit debut, you sell a million, right, and then when you come out and say fuck them, and then you sell twenty five hundred copies. But that's the area that's nobody's fault. But but the arrogance of men and the crowd. See, sometimes the crowd will make you thank you bigger than you are. You could deal with the crowd saying, Yo, you don't need them, nigga. Man, why you be with them nigga? Yo? Bro, you how nigga eighty five sided nigga to get the man? You don't got to be on tour with them, nigga, call it go by yourself. Bro. You you don't need them, nigga. But you an old g veteran. It don't affect you. But we talking about a young nigga come out of because see here's the thing. Even when I see it with fitted, we're not talking about young bump, right, No, this is just a hyper Yeah, but it's but it's just a situation for me and you because I think it's so much information just in that altercation between the two. You know what I'm saying from a being the perspective, It's like, Yo, I believe him had crashed his company. I believe him to had literally a fted how the marketplace views this guy along with what he's done. But I think fifty was hammering it down. No, but you got to keep in mind this I think fifties argument from the way I hear it from interviews, in the way that he was like disputed the claims or whatever. I'm not defending nobody. I'm just telling you what I hear on both sides. I'm hearing that he says, Hey, if I gave you an opportunity, and I'm telling you, I'm taking you where I'm going get You're meeting the Vitamin Water people, you meeting the Reebok people, you know, the Louis Viton people out and took you to the Nike people. You mean to tell me you ain't had no hustle about yourself where you couldn't create no more lanes. Exactly, I got these clothes you ain't put you ain't. You ain't trying to jump in and throw nothing on or wear none in the video. I got this liquor. You wanna drink this other liquor for free? You ain't trying to. You're not making yourself an asset. I got all these avenues where you can get paid, and all you want to do is wrap you not on social media. You ain't out here trying to help sell no tickets. You just leaning on me to pay you. That would be the argument, right, And I agree with fit the that and you feel what I'm saying, because the truth for the matter is is this. I think that's the thing he wanted them. He wanted all the artists that didn't find success over there on his platform to create more revenues for themselves. You got the light. You're with the hottest nigga in the game. You're supposed to be able to parlay that into other opportunities for yourself. You should be able to like if I'm putting you on this platform, right, you talented. I believe in your talent. I fuck with your raps. If you got a hit and you want me on it, I'm gonna get on it. But until you bring me something, I can't just get on bullshit because I'm your homeboy. Bring me some shit that could be a hit. Now, now, let's make some money, because you know, hit records make money when motherfuckers make something that that's going, when it's vie, when it's a hit, when you're trending, that's what people want. You're supposed to be able to use the resources to make that. So if you don't take advantage of the resources. And I'm out here getting up every day, I'm in the office, I'm in the studio, I'm working on music, I'm calling I'm calling people for you setting up shit, and you ain't showing up. And I'm spending the money you on my dime. But every time I go and some shit go for me, you're supposed to get something. Because I got something. We're still working right, work right. I'm with you on that. And also here's the thing, though, when I examine the rapper that've usually come from a low income environment, I usually see them go and get with someone like a fifty cent or getting this industry, and then they double back and their first objective is to shine on the hood. This is the thing. This is the thing as an artist. That's the price you pay for having to go through another artist. If an artist came up and they grinded, they shop up and they got their own record label situation, it's not their responsibility to go and put you on. This is a business. Yes, they looking for people who we can market, who we can make money off of right now or in the next few years. You got telling you just a little rough around the edges. You just need to be in a real studio, You need to be around some business. I'm gonna try to take you out the hood. But as soon as you put that money in their pocket, they go right back to the hood. Ain't no no return on investment. Because what happens is, at least what I think is that they try to show the hood that I'm no longer like y'all go back and say we made it, we made it. Might be we made it, but at the same time, like if it's we made it, why you keep pulling up in the bend thet don't nobody else got nothing? Or you keep pulling up in the roads the same way that you don't have no responsibility to make sure so else everybody is grown. So we ain't done nothing. But it's not necessarily we. That's what I mean. Somebody from right here who had the same opportunities as you. I got up every day with you, I went to school with you. Every day you said beside me, I spend the night on your grandma. How we ate the same food, We spent the same summers in this regular motherfucker. You had the same opportunity that I had. Yes, so if I got if, I'm if success to me looked like a Bentley. Why should I buy suburban so you can have some? But that's why it don't look like we when they come back. So when they come back, it looked like I made it, not we made it. So when they show up with the I made it talk, what happens is, nigga, they become a target. Now I try to keep myself as a target. When you left, of course, it ain't about what you came back with. Yeah it is. No, it's nothing you could. You can't be a target. Frame to be a target though. Soon as you left the hood, your reach though, No, you're not the people still right there. You gonna come home eventually, That's true. When you left, whether you left on good terms in your hood of tha? Are you better than us because you left? I think you the ship because you move to such and such? Are you want to you want to ruck with us? No more. That's true. Whether you got it or not, that's true. That's true. Your people still there, do you know what I many of them guys go to the league, or go get that wrap money, or go get that business real estate money, and go back and say, Mama, we made it. I'm finna move you out of here. She looking right in the face, saying, no the fuck you ain't, because I ain't going nowhere. I don't know nothing else. It ain't. I ain't never wanted this the house I wanted. I raised my kids here. This is it for me. I ain't going nowhere. There's plenty of people who don't, never want to, whose parents don't want to move out that house. Yeah, that's true, granted is in all so sometimes even if your money right, you can't move your people because they don't want to move. That's the thing. Granted, don't want to move. Sometimes I want that big I don't want to do all that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, I'm gonna do it for you granted, I'm gonna get you. I don't want to that. I don't want all that. You definitely got that vibe out them. It's a lot of people like that who don't. Who even if they hit that lick, they not leaving the hood, leaving whatever they plan. That's crazy, But it makes sense too because I know them people. I know them people, man, but see they as a rapper. It's a little different, bro, because even the O g rappers like boosts to say, yo, get that money, get from down now. Because even if your intentions is pure, the circumstances is rare. Man. You don't put yourself amongst kings, man, and you just don't drink beer around wine sippers. Man. That's the thing about it. You don't even have to be a rapper. Look at it on the smaller scale. You could just be a nigga work for the city, whoever saturdays when he ain't at work, or you know, you like to fix a car, you like to go to the car show, take your dog out, let the kids run around, throw a little something on the grill, put your chain on, put your put your you know what I'm saying, put your ship on, put your outfit on be yourself just because youre a nigga with a clean air call on the east side, Do you not understand it's some more niggas on the east Side that hate you for that, of course. But what I'm saying is you're gonna have it. You're gonna head on face. The leaving, Paul, you don't have enemies no matter what it is you're doing in life or where it is you stay. But the coming back, Paul bro the leaving and going to get something that they feel like they can't attained and they're coming back. I don't know. It's a little rough, you know, motherfucker. Some motherfuckers is just natural born hater facts that see it. That's literally what they put here to do. They it's just it's internal. Yeah, it's that hate come from deep down inside. No matter what what they got going on, they ain't never gonna like what the next person doing. Ship same way. Mother fucking killed CoA cheese man, cool it hot just because he was about to go to school and he was that nigga bro brouh. That's how it be fucked up out here. But you need it, that's the balance. That's a fact, man. That's that's that's the opposite side of this ship. You're gonna get a whole lot of love, but even if you get a little bit of hate, it's gonna still be heavy. It's gonna be heavy, man, that that hate. But you need that that fuel to keep going. And knowing that you ain't perfect get will you ever be? Though? Nah? So are you striving for it knowing you won't be it? Nah? I mean, I think you have to try to strive to be perfect, so even when you fall short, you at least try it hard enough to be a good person. You know what I'm saying. Yea, Like, you'll never be perfect, but you can be good, right, You can definitely be a good person or a great person, excellent. She'll never be perfect because God made us imperfect. You can never The most you could be is a ninety nine. You'll never be one hundred. Right. Yeah, welcome this up there podcast. I go by Big Loan, your active and attractive hosts. Man, we already been rolling, but I do want to introduce the podcast today. I got a tycoon in the comedian space, a ty coon in the podcast content space. An actor. The guy is all over the place and killing shit. I got Colos Miller, what's going on. I appreciate going onciate you. I appreciate you having me. It's always always dope, the chop it up which and go back and have verbal combat and shit. Yeah, I love it, bro. Yeah, you one of the only guys that I'd be like, yo, br got those ideas like me, like where it's like, Yo, you done thought about a number of things, most definitely, And I find that in people that do comedy a lot. You know what I'm saying. I find that people that in comedy, at least the people I bump into and then I've studied, they have a lot of thoughts and opinions on things. Yeah, because comedy will changed your brain chemistry, the way that you think about things, and then you just once you learn how to like start filtering life real life through like your creative process, you look at everything different. I don't even know if that makes sense to people who don't do that, but you know what I mean, it's just like creative people the way you see things, like artists look at life different, like people who can paint, people who can draw, or you know what I'm saying, people who do stuff with their hands who can build shit, They just have a different little level that they could take shit, like people who could do math in their head. They could just take it to another level of that regular people don't. And once you start looking for the humor, even in the worst situations, it's just changed your whole perspective on shit. I have so many and like you spend your time just having, like you said, your own thoughts and being in your own world, so just having your own opinion when something pop up. Yeah, I always like to wait and just see what happened first, because I love to go back to the you know how, like when it be some shit and they be like, man, it's hysterio or like somebody trending or some shit or whatever the situation is. I always like to be like, oh, look, old, look, don't say nothing yet. Wait wait, wait, because it's always gonna be that's when the most ridiculous stuff come out. And because remember when COVID came out there it was like, you know, black people can't get this shit, Like what Yeah, I love that part, bro. I do that on purpose, right, So with like pop culture, I have a side of the podcast I do with no guess it's just me in the camera. Yeah, you need shit like that. And so when I do that, I talk about topics, but I always wait because I don't even want to be involved in the clickbait shit. I don't want to be and then I want to have an opinion that's like formatting on it. I don't want to be swayed by what everybody's saying right now, because when you listen to these opinions come out, they usually along the same lines. When stuff like that happens, it's like everybody's kind of saying the same thing. It's just he dropped his partcast on Monday, he dropped Tuesday. They all saying the same fucking thing. But you know what's crazy is, though, like as you get deeper into the industry or the entertainment world, it ain't until one of those stories pop out that you really know what really happened to make you look at all that shit totally different, you know what I'm saying. It's like when some shit come out and it's something that's close to somebody that you know, or people that's involved, or things that you heard about prior to it coming out, you're like, why it's coming out? Now it's old. This happened. Damn this shit old right, Damn that ain't what happened. Right, then you be like, oh, they gotta they gotta put some sauce on it, in it. Yeah, it's ridiculous and it's fucked up that that's the way that we have to be entertained. And I think it's like that ship. That type of shit is okay and it's acceptable, but it can't be our source of real news exactly. Our entertainment can't be our news. But they've got it mistaken because they don't understand. See, we went from we think that just get informed. We don't understand what misinformed on a lot of stuff because they think it's better than having no information or disinformed. Right. We're told that you dumb if you don't know nothing, so just tell me something. Yeah, And like I said, that can't be our entertainment, can't be our news, right because it's just like having vegetables on the plate. We might not always like it, but we need to hear real ships facts. We don't need to just hear the sauce, right, We need to hit the real shit so we can really make honest opinions about how we move forward as a culture, as a people, as a race. How can we prevent some shit from happening if we just keep getting the hyped up, sensationalized version, like give us the whole facts of this shit? And you know what, That's why when I had these conversations on the part, I like to just have conversations. I don't like and I don't talk to people who certain people that are asked me, yo, what what's the questions or something like that, I don't even talk to them. Yeah, I don't really like. I think that's one thing that's getting overlooked. We don't do a lot of interviews, right. Sometimes we just want to have real life, organic conversations. And sometimes you can when it's somebody you're a fan of and you got interview type questions or you know, shit that you always wanted to ask him. You're asking, but it ain't like you gotta so tell me how we're we're you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Unanswered question? Yeah, things that hasn't been answered yet.
Speaker 1: But to bring somebody in and like, so, how did you yo, that's not what we are? How did you start the Yeah, come on, bro's so much what we're doing. We're too unique for that with sometimes you need to do that. So because you you're on different platforms and they have different audiences and you can be you do have to be introduced to ship. But but but but we do introduce it, but it's not the layered introduction the way they do it. So how does it do it? So how did you do this? So how did you It's like it's a it's an overarching introduction of what we're talking about and then we dig into whatever we're talking about it on it. But you answered a lot of these questions that that people ask over and over about some of these things. I mean, of course, yeah, but I think podcasting is at least on this side, I try to bring something what we just have a natural conversation. And but you had a lot of good gifts on there. You was getting you was going back and forth with doctor Umar and shit got it got some intense moments. That was a government. That's hard man. Keep doing your thing, bro, Yeah, now we building. I love to see different outlets. I love to see different interviews and you know, just get different perspectives. When I'm at the crib and I'm just chilling, I click on everybody shit just to see I know you you consume a lot, man, Yeah, you know all the rap niggas that come in up you be knowing shit. Bro. I'm still a fan of the other culture of you know what I'm saying. I get to look at the ship as a grown ass man now, right and religious, you know, like, okay, I see what they're doing, right, see what they're doing. Yeah, does some things. Yeah, I think that doctor Umar wan Man.
Speaker 2: For me, it kind of changed.
Speaker 1: How I look at things now because I said, oh, what you mean with the content world, right, there's niches, there's things that only certain people can do well, you know. And I think if I can polish my live show, because that was a live show, that was a sold out live show, yeah, with me and him, and I think if I can polish that and do that, right, I think that it's something there, you know what I mean. I just think I and I saw a lot of people adopt that, you know, adopt certain elements of even that conversation and reference that conversation when they speak with Umar that booked him after that, Like a lot of people referenced that, like yo, Man, I saw you on and man, y'all were talking about Dion and they got to do an interview with him. I wouldn't even say shit, I just let him talk here you go. I would. I just I would. He could literally just come on my platform and just talk. I ain't got shit to ask him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, and I changed how people dealing with him.
Speaker 1: Now people are now doing a versus thing with him, and I don't really like that because I didn't do a If you listen to that conversation, we really had some like I tried to get him to explain a little more. He was right making his points, but I want to dig into that. Why is that? Why you think that? Why do you think somebody would do that? And for me, I just think it added to that. Well that that's kind of that. I can see how that could be. Uh, that could be frustrating. I guess. Yeah, if you keep asking a nigga, why ask me? Why? N Now he respect He respects me too much for that though. Listen, you gotta think that's his fifth time coming on my show. He the only person that came that much, and he hit me balls. Yeah, that's a big part. That's hey man, that's dope. But but you know, what I'm saying is that there's just respect that so he knew that. Yo. I was trying to get him to explain to his audience some of those things, like we got the next one that come out next week, and so we're going we get intense about some things that now has come out that I was right about because I told him that you did you see the girl that and it'll probably be out by the time it's come out, but did you see the girl that had the big knot on the face and said a dude asked for my number and they didn't give it to me and these black men let me get the brick lady. Yeah, you know he went crazed on black men about that. You kle with stupid mother, But think about it, that's one off situation. She did ass wrong for that. But this nigga's out there that'd be actually that probably needed to hear that. And that's what he was saying. That's it, That's what he was. That's what I'm saying. And you don't get Yeah, I said, damn, you give grace to the black woman in this conversation. You give grace to I said, what do you say to the black men that say you're too hard. You don't give any grace to them, even in situations where you're wrong about this girl saying black men didn't defend her when this is an allergic reaction, and he was just like, well, I'm not going to retract it because they need to hear that. And they's still a valiant point, but it's like one is directed at that at one particular incident that's that's false. Then it just loses valid right, and I think, do great. It's gonna do great on YouTube. Because we go back and forth. He get heated, he telling me because I'm saying, yo, why black men gotta be blame for everything? You know, because that's our role to be blame for everything. That's a role that was given to us that we would never ask for. That's just part of it. As one of the drawbacks of being a black man. It comes with it. We always gonna be at fault because think about it, what have niggas ever done to anybody but each other? Thank you? Niggas. Don't do nothing be for that's that's that's abuse. The violence. It's transferred. It's just a transferred violence. That's it. Even that ain't a niggas fault. When when you deal with Netflix? What was that about? Did y'all have to audition? How do you get a deal with Netflix? How does that happen? What do you mean a deal? How do you get a content licensing deal? Who do you mean with Netflix? Like, I'm sure they licensed y'all content or did they buy that purchase that piece of content? I guess I'm asking what happened with your Netflix situation? Man? Just doing those live shows? Just like if you think about what we do when we go out and we record these live shows and we put them out on the platform, Bro, we really producing and dropping a special every week. Why not link with the biggest platform that does that. It's just a natural progression, you know what I'm saying. They saw what we were doing. They send their team out, They send some people out, some people get on some phone calls back and forth. It's a few lunches, it's a few emails. It's a process. It ain't just like they show up with the paperwork you get, know what I'm saying. It takes years to close the deal like that almost definitely ain't violent. We got d C and the building. Yeah, but Yeah, that's that's It takes years to make some ship like that, at least a year or two just to make sure that the business is right and everybody's gonna be satisfied with the terms and conditions right, things of that nature. So big shout out to the whole department over there in Netflix, man, especially anybody that got something to do with the black people content on that app that department, whatever department there, for sure, because y'all don't get enough credit, for sure, for sure to try to even hold that up and hold that down over there, because they can whitewash that if they want. For the most part, just hearing that the people that own Fox own To broke my heart. We're gonna talk about that in a little bit. They didn't even all the way, but a little bit, ain't you get it? Yeah, we can get in. It's kind of like finding out chick that you you've been knocking off used to talk to one of your partners. I ain't no, you know, you got their background checks on people, right, but you know, but even that even that anyway, any anytime, even if they even if it's that they still letting niggas go over there and do their thing. I don't want to say that doing anything, yeah, but not letting. I think they're using that as like they use us to get the wheels on it, to get the car rolling, and then in a minute, this this is how we can count that. We gotta use that to get to the next step. We can't just let that be it. Then, if that's the attitude behind it, we need to be working on an exit strategy right now. Then if that's the emotion behind it, we either love it or we hate it, because if we step it as we love it, it's gonna blow. But if we ain't fucking with it, it needs to be said out us. They know how to trick us. We can't allow. We can't allow. Guess how they trick us though, and centivize us with a little paper boy. That's how Trump got us. That's how they all get us. Trump didn't get us what he didn't get us. What you think he got us? What he got the niggas that wanted to be got. No, he got THEA ain't talking about I'm talking about. He ain't getting black people as a whole. For the most part, they're not paying close attention. He didn't get me with the passage. What if they are though, What if that's the real what if they are paying the information? Don't say that we're not collective. We don't work together about nothing. You know what I'm saying, Fuck around and try to pass some ship that sneak fucking around, then actually work for the benefit of people he don't even fuck with. Of course you get know what I'm saying. I don't know, but but we just went to look at what he does as who he is. He he he a crook too. Yeah, of course, now what I'm saying, he got That's why I say he got us. I ain't said he did nothing that was upstanding. This is the thing about love a villain, and we love to feel like winning. I don't want it to sound like I fucked with him. It's some people we love to feel like we winning. I feel like he just even if we're not winning, though he do so much bad ship that they are driving old Mercedes, a Nigga driver, old Mercedes for the fact that it's a Mercedes. We love to just feel like it's a win. It don't even matter, bro. So what are you saying that black people set no no I Secedes? Yeah, of course, But I'm talking it's just the one he wanted. No, no, no, I ain't talking about him. I'm talking about the guy that drives it when his money could have got him a new, reliable vehicle. He could have you call to make it ain't my call, but it's a responsible call to make. No, it's nothing. If he's driving that car, that's his business. But he's forcing it. He's acting like he's driving the like I know niggas that will put the keys out on they on, they hang the keys out over they third. A minute. You overlooking something very understand you looking at it like an old car. The nigga who owned the car that might be his motherfucking one, that might be the one that he wants. Yeah, and I'm not just millions of dollars in. You don't see me in this mother You bring ninety one cutless, Yeah, nigga, I fucked with ninety one cutlass. This one. I'm talking about specific guy. I ain't talking about the guy who. So we gotta have context of our conversation. Let's bag up a little bit, because we unpacked a lot of things we talked about to b in by five seconds right there, we talked about to be doctor Ouhmar and a few other things. Shut out the doctor, shut out to doctor Umar. Ever, put some respect on what I'm saying. All I'm saying is all I'm saying is we like to feel like we win when I see black people we're slaves as symbols. No we're not. We gotta stop thinking like that. No, this is the proof, bro. We spend all our money in the consumer market. Who believes why google it? Why because we're slaves of symbols. We're going to get Nike, we go get Mercedes, we go get all these were slaves. Then what then? We put our money back in the community. We buy houses, we buy hospitals. Do that builds the community up. The money still has to be spent, but it builds our own community. It circulates to our community. We take all the money we make and go spend it on things we don't own, that aren't like just bullshit is owned by other people. So what I'm saying is we're slaves to the consumer market and symbolisms. I don't believe that. Tell me how give me give me something something indicator that says whatnot because there is no wei they spend billions of dollars on weave every every year. Black women do. That's their business. Of course, that's their budding. But I'm telling you that they don't need weave. They buy this is fake hair, horse hairs, some boys what they want, of course, but I'm free. Will You ain't listening to me. You're saying, okay, So I'm saying we're slaves to the consumer market with why we spending our money in a way, because we live in a capitalistic society. If you don't spend it, it's worthless. Why do we spend it in the way that we do because niggas the same way you do. Look at you, a nigga, gonna watch this man got chain. That's what I'm saying. Why ain't no better? Why you ain't if that's in the black community. Now I've in you can't be a hypocrite on the platform. I ain't a hypocrite. Yes you are, but you're just saying we slaves and you want bought all them change. I was a hypocrite, I say, y'all, you said we that mean I'm not a hypocrite. Well that's what I'm saying everybody that. But what I'm saying we That mean I'm not a hrep creative. I say, y'all, that means I'm separating from y'all. I'm saying we I got a Mercedes. I'm a slave to this same ship. I wear the ship. Those are choices that you made. You could have easily not made them. Of course you're gonna fuck some of this money off, That's what I'm telling you. Well, why are you yelling at them? Who's yelling? But what when you're saying we are slaves? People gonna hear anything, like, what the fuck is you talking about that? We're not claiming that. Anybody hears that and say and says that that wastemen? What wastemen? No, we don't use those terms in America.
Speaker 2: We're in America right now.
Speaker 1: Just wastemen. Yeah, I'm listening to Drake. I don't say that. I look like he's a waistman, nigga work for the garbage company. No, he's a waste man. That's my word. But what I'm saying is there is no way to universally speak for all blacks. Said that. What I'm saying is like, you can't they spend a billion dollars on weied I think you do. You got a phone or Google? Yeah, you need to spend some time on it, because if by the numbers you district, we can't keep using the same arguments for the last thirty years. Who is I ain't never saying this. Struck made a whole movie called good Head and said that now it's a billion trillion dollars. I never whatever black women spend on their hair. Do you understand that white people outnumber Black people in America? Like six or six to thirteen or one or some shit we wave? Fuck, we are just the fuck they do not that black. Yes, they do. If it's if they outnumber us by that man, that means that it's stuck in. White women buy more ten times more white women in America bying weave than Black women. Yes, I believe it's saying period. By numbers of people, Yes, by volume alone, we are still in last place.
Speaker 2: What we're talking about, we're talking about you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's play let's play the Devil's Advocate. Long. What would happen if black women stop spending money on we What would happen? Well? Nothing, if they have no direction with what to do, and if and if us as black men don't accept them with their natural heir. Okay, so if black men the overall problem again, we are slaves, this is okay, this is free will Yeah, but a lot of dudes want to see they women with the They don't want to what the her natural heir? They'll tell it, Go get a hair done. We can't ignore this. What are you doing? Are you playing some game? Were you ignoring these things? No? I just think that these arguments are dated. None of that ship would change anything about the structure of America, not without any direction. Well that even with the direction, people still gonna do what the fuck they want to do, and bad what they want to buy. It's already hard enough to be a nigga in America. Ain't nobody find to not fucking try to make the most of it. It's certain shit. You're gonna have to bay make most of it. Increase your quality of life of it. They have done such a number on black people that we buy this ship to try to hide and mass the insticators that they gave. Told me, I can't speak for black people, and I'm not saying you can't, but you can't. You just what you've just done. You just told me Nigga just said, we ain't doing this because we've been through hell and just told me I can't speak for black ain't that ament, ain't that there is a reason for everything. Don't listen, you get lost. There's a reason for everything. Don't listen, you get lost. You literally argue me for seven to ten minutes that I can't speak for black people, and proceeded to say when you make a when you make an outrageous statement like what we slaves, have some facts from it, like we slaves, We slaves to symbols, don't we not slaves to nothing? Man? Were not slaves to ship? That's weird, how it is weird? Baby? Man? You must don't know the intensity of slavery actually is. I ain't slave to a motherfucking thing. We spend our money, likes I say this, Let's rephrase that we spend our money like we're slaves to symbolism. Well, that's because we live in a capitalistic society. If we live somewhere where money it didn't, well, love was the currency, we would be out here loving the fuck out each other.
Speaker 2: Who says isn't the currency? Not in this country?
Speaker 1: Who says that the people who founded this country on capitalism says that once you know as a nigga who's been in the streets, but there'sn't even who in media, ain't you don't mix love and money? I don't, But there's people living in this country that is love based. You know, you're speaking for the whole country. You told me I can't speak, No, I'm speaking. I'm speaking from my little one for black people, my little one sixty six million, the same way that I'm sitting here saying shit, there is nothing we could say that a university applied to all black people. That's what I'm trying to tell you. So especially for the for the whole cost country you see, and so for you to say in the country, this country ain't got no love. It's like, bro, it's some people in this country right now don't care about no Mercedes. They don't give a fuck about a name brand. They don't care about a lifestyle or nothing given in the woods. You know why, because they can't afford that shit. You have to act like you don't want people going on Joe Rogan podcasts all the time. There's millionaires that live in the wards. Just cubb thinking how many people who go on there who just comedians who are doing gig to gig though they're going on there hoping to be millionaires. Facts. But we live in the type of society where you need money to live fu get the full experience of this shit. Now, if we lived in somewhere where we had to go out and find our own food and be entertained by the people who we live around, and live in the community and be around people, and like I said, love was the currency and we didn't have to worry about how much money we had in the bank and shit like that, and we were outside for real, then we it would be another something else. But we live in America. Do you think does Netflix try to Does Netflix own their content or y'all own what content that y'all did for them? Did they pay all for it or did they? Now it's a it's different, it's a different situation. We produced it and worked with a production company, and once they put it on the platform, they gonna have it on there for however long they're gonna have it on there, and then it is what it is. So will it be on the eighty five Apple? I guess it's my question. At some point, I don't I don't know. I don't know. Maybe that's interesting though, maybe it's something to look into it. I mean, I guess that's a piece of content if they know. But it's like it's not to duck the question, like we own some of it, but of course they're not gonna let us own all of it and it ain't one of them type of I think they they're interested in owning the content that's on their platform a different game. But see, we played a different game too, because it's like you have to use that leverage to get in the game. They're always gonna get you on this. That's why they come and give Shapelle forty million, because it's saying, listen, we want to own this. We don't want to play the game where you you know, own it, and we want to give you forty and we want it. Is that okay? Do you believe that that's what their best was being reported? And even giving hard who would report that? Think about how this ship works Netflix? Why would they do that? Why would they go and tell somebody the details of a contract that they got with because I guess they want to they want to level the market for what would like you? Why would they want to do that because they don't want you to be unreasonable and think it's a forty million dollar number on a comic without it being ownership on their side. Why would you what would make you think they would give just give Dave Chapelle all this money? I believe Dave Chappell would be worth forty million dollars. What do you mean worth for three specials? What do you mean worth? You said?
Speaker 2: What would make me think they would give him the money? It speaks to his work.
Speaker 1: They don't give nobody ship. That's what I'm trying to get you to understand. Nothing in this business is given. They didn't give Dave Chappelle this money. They know how much money that he is gonna generate. Yeah, but that's they know how much the same They can say, Hey Loen, we love your podcast. We would love to sign you the Netflix and give you a special. We know that you generate money. We know that we can go say five hundred million dollars worth of ads against you coming to our platform. That's why you get these numbers. They don't just pull numbers.
Speaker 2: And I got deals everywhere.
Speaker 1: No, but the way that you say it, you're gonna mislead people and make them think that they just tell me what I said that they gave that man that money. Nah, come on, man, they know what I'm talking about. They don't give nobody shit. You think that. Yeah, I'm talking about why they came and offered him forty million. Dous Anybody that's below that style that don't watch this show. People watching this show know when I say Netflix gave Dave Chappelle afforded me, they ain't. Just ain't nobody nice in this world. We ain't talking like that. We're talking about business. But you gotta understand that that ain't We don't even know if that's the number, whatever the number is. We know they're interested in owning the content on that platform because I hear comics time and time again speak to that big comics speak to yo. The reason why the front end is so much is because they're interested in owning it and not showing the numbers, not even giving you real data as to what it done. They'll tell you something, but that's the thing about it. I'll be trying to get you to think, get out of this mindset. They don't have to give you ship if you're in betting with somebody. They don't got to show you the number. They gonna show you. It's number six on the little thing of the like I'm talking about. You know you're in the business, Sam'd get you to understand demographics and things. The numbers, that's what you're not listening. I'm never saying, fuck the numbers. Fuck the numbers, because watch this. If I'm Netflix, I'm never saying it's my platform. Do you understand I could put any fucking thing I wanted you. That's what I'm saying. So you, as a consumer, you're gonna watch, not your consumer, as I'm saying, as somebody watching my platform. If I put eighty five South in number six and and they ain't even it ain't even came out yet, it's the first day, they gonna think that this ship got some big numbers behind.
Speaker 2: It, I ain't got nothing to do with what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You just said. I said, the hard numbers, the demographics behind the scenes. Okay, when someone there's value to every viewer, there's an ad company that wants to sell something to every person that clicks on the eighty five South podcast. Looking at it in a small I'm looking at it, how Netflix looking at it. They're selling that data. Broa minute, Netflix the whole cos everybody's selling data right in a minute, I'm trying to get you to even understand what Netflix is. It's the Netflix. This is where you watch all the movies at right. Yeah, you think that it's just they got one Netflix deal. Do you understand they got ads against every movie on this mother whole point I'm making. This is a trillion dollar compt of course, so I'm telling you that, but taking mind with it being a trillion dollar company, every number counts. That's why on YouTube and things, you can't have fake views and certain things because they added in this because they're selling ads against it. So what happens is Netflix is taking that hard data that they're telling you it is useless. And it's unfortunate that you were this hiring the business and thinking this data is useless when this data is so important. You look, you not even hearing with I'm listening, go ahead, you're not hearing with them? And how many? How many motherfuckers have a Netflix account? First of all, plenty everybody? Do you think they give a fuck what you're watching on there? Or they want you to have this account? Who the company. Hell yeah, you think they give a truck what you watch. They don't fucking write I do. You can have a Netflix account and never watch nothing. You don't watch Netflix every day. I think there's extreme value in what is actually being watched on Netflix. One hundred percent think that the value of Netflix lives in the people that are actually watching. I do think you're subscription in the mind, because if they gave a fuck if you watched it or not, the shit will be free. No, it's not free. This shit is twenty dollars a month. Twenty five dollars a month, Yeah, and then debt every month from a bend in perspective. So what I'm telling you is it's a game being played. They have a subscription model where people are paying the twenty dollars a month. But if you're telling me that you think that the actual viewership of a company like Netflix is none and void, that's absurd. Bro. All I'm saying is they sell ads against the viewership of that company, against the click through rate. They don't sell ads just on based on who's signed up. They sell ads verse the click through rate. All right, lord, it's way more complicated than that. I'm Okay, tell me because I'm in it, tell me I know you in it too. We don't have We will be here all day for me to have to try to break down how these people make all this money off of this ship. They don't give a fuck if you watch this ship or not. Honestly, the numbers matter to motherfuckers who give a fuck about numbers. The people who trying to buy some space. You know, that's what And that's only one difference between subscription revenue and ad revenue, right bro, Even even without all that, they still straight. Yeah, but as a business, you have to sit down like you have people in your offices sitting down trying to figure out how to amplify your app, how to amplify your content, how to amplify your comedy on all different levels. And you're telling me that these these sections of the business don't matter. I'm telling you the viewership is where they sell. The ads gets the same way that you guys do with your YouTube eighty five South and with your your audio with black effects, you sell ads against that audio in that video. No, man, do you not understand how the fucking world is working right now? Yeah? Netflix is just like Google for fucking movies. They got every movie in the motherfucking world, every movie you could think of. I would argue, damn without with the exceptions of certain movies. But if you get a brand new Netflix account at your new house and you watch one fucking movie, do you not know that they have enough information about you to put all the shit that you might possibly in your lifetime while you have this faction watch. Have you come over my house and I've been watching Rambo and all this other shit, It's gonna be some shit on my Netflix that you don't even know how to get to on your Netflix? Do you not understand that we are literally in the fucking matrix. Nah, I get Netflix number. They don't give a fuck if you watch it or not. If you don't have it, you're not gonna wear to watch Ship at this point. That's it. That's all I'm saying. And for you to say, oh no, this is it's not just like, hey, it's not Walmart when you just walk in and they got Ship. The these motherfuckers get money off on in the site subscriptions. The motherfuckers who they know who watched the Ship on TV, who watched the Ship on their phone? Who got it on their computer on their iPad. But this ship is one of the biggest fucking companies in the world. So what I'm saying is we we don't even understand the scope of this ship, like this is it, Like this motherfucker is huge. It's that. Yeah, it is the new way that we're gonna have to watch movies from here on that. I know that. So they don't give it. They put that, they put that, they snuck that the tra tearion with the ads, and so they that's that's the thing. That's another generation of revenue. So they have a tier where you can have no ads. They have a tier where you can go you know where, just to see. I'm gonna show you how good they are being business. You actually believe that they losing money? Of course not of course nine you said today in the Red every Quest. Yeah that, but I'm telling you because they're playing this subscription game. Well, when the money come in, they put it back out on content because they want to own everything that's on their platform. So they spend the most. Why you think they stole comedy from HBO? First, it was everything that is absurd, That is, you don't think that they bullied the market and took comedy from HBO by offering comics ubsurves amount of money. No comedy center and HBO they took it from them. No, okay, what's your argument, agains because I'm a comedian. Okay, so tell me. Do you know that HBO could come and give me a deal right now and it's still be the ship. I can have an HBO special steal HBO ain't within No right now, I can argue I believe that now. But for a moment, Netflix stole the market from them. Bro, they was they was. They took every comic and gave them high amounts of money to do specials on Netflix. Bro, they turned it down there into a comedian platform. I feel like I'm arguing with my uncle at the house on Thanksgiving