Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. It's me Joey p That of course is the Welsh and out about you Welsh. I feel a little naked today. My head's a little colder than it was yesterday on Opening Day. I guess that's just how it rolls. You, my friend, have pared down from the handlebar to just the This is like the Johnny Depp Don Juan kind of thing you've got going on here. But you, my friend, got to experience opening Day yesterday in Arizona with Scott Bogman only sixteen runs for the d Backs. That's it. How did that feel?
Speaker 2: I hope you had the over It was pretty amazing. I mean all through here, this is my Paul Skeens.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: If anyone hasn't seen, it's the Diamondback hats got a little pirates look, this is my Paul Skins. Look. Yesterday was a magnificent day yesterday around baseball, just because we were at the fourteen runs, which was crazy, the crazy scoring yesterday. Yes I had the Diamondbacks one and a half runs, I had, we hit all of our bets three team parlay twelve units. Yesterday, Joe, I'm in brag mode here hit a twenty to one parlay which was on betting pros, and all of that happened while I decided to keep the stash.
Speaker 1: So today I was.
Speaker 2: Told I was forced. I'm forced to keep the stash while things are going on. By the way, can we also point out through all the craziness yesterday, Joe knows exactly where I'm going all of the new We had a great day. We had lots of great hits. We're going to talk about amazing stuff today. We had the Joe Exotic actual account responding to us yesterday on the wigs, so I don't feel as naked. But shout out to Joe Exotic's official Twitter account.
Speaker 1: And shout out to everybody who joined us live yesterday too. Nearly four hundred of you live. It's almost double the previous high. Incredible number, incredible amount of views. Yesterday. We promised we'd wig out for you, and look we're closing in before you know it. Already on the eineteen thousands, so we're getting close to twenty thousand. Goodness knows what we're gonna do next. But again. It was a good day of Opening Day Baseball yesterday, some good performances. I will continue to troll the A's all year, and I feel like I'm gonna be right we I'm gonna troll the Angels all year. I feel like it's gonna be right. By the way, look at this TJ our boy who won the Jazz Jersey. Just got it. Congratulations to you, TJ. Way to go, buddy. And of course we're giving away more free stuff. You're on the channel, so check out Trophy Smacks Championship Trophy. This one's going to one of you out there. Be like TJ. That's what you want to be, folks. All you gotta do is drop a comment below and subscribe to the channel. That's it. That's all you have to do to win this incredible trophy, Smack Trophy. It's gorgeous. Look at that thing. You don't have to give it to somebody a wind your league. Just keep it for yourself. Make yourself the champion, that's what I say. Well, and before we get to the headlines, so forget you're gonna place your bets do it at bet three six five. Use that promo code leading off when you do first bet safety net one thousand dollars in bonus bets, and you get five bucks in there to bet one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. In return, bet you five bucks, get one hundred and fifty. That's good math last time I checked. But you got to do it at bet three six five. But don't do it without using that promo code leading off, and hopefully we'll get some more winners for you today, Welsh. Let's start with the headlines and a lot to get through here. Let's start here at the top. Corbyn Burns absolutely dominant. This is what the Orioles signed up for. They got an eleven strikeout performance. Now, yes I was trolling the Angels and yes it worked. But a great debut for Corbyn Burns. It has to make everybody in Baltimore feel really good. I have shares of Corbyn Burns for say Young, I wish I had more shares in fantasy. Just didn't work out that way. Shane Bieber, on the other hand, too, a guy do have some shares of in fantasy. He also struck out eleven guys yesterday. It was against the A's again some lesser opponents. Bieber has a great history about the A's too. But here's a question for you, Welsh. To me, this is important regardless of the fact that it was against the A's. Shane Bieber, I think is one of those pitchers that needed to get off to a good start considering last year, and I think this is exactly what the doctor ordered and I'm very excited to see what is to come for Shane Bieber in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so starting with Shane Bieber, obviously, we did this Betting Pro show and I was talking about trolling the A's and I've seen some people like you're saying, a lot of people being like, I don't know if the A's are this bad. Let's put into some context here. These are some wild things and I'm going to compare it to what Corbyn Burns did. So yesterday Shane Bieber had eighteen swing and whiffs pretty great. He had a thirty seven percent csw and a forty three percent whiff rate, which is pretty crazy. Fastball was up a mile per hour on average year over year. That's good. You had, the change up was up, velos were up kind of across the board. But he had forty two swings forty two on eighty three pitches, so half of his essentially half of his pitches were being swung through. Is it because Shane Bieber is the best pitcher on the planet. There's partial parts of that. Also, the a's are really bad. I am all here for Shane Bieber. Now in the inverse, here's a crazy thing. Corbin Burns. He had twelve swing and whiffs on eleven strikeouts. That's I don't really recall that I've seen a number like that. He had a thirty three percent swing rate and a csw of thirty nine percent, and his VILO was up kind of across the board a little over half a mile per hour on the fastball. You had the slider which almost had a full mile per hour, and he was just efficient. Corbyn Burns is a big payoff, But we talked a ton about Shane Bieber. You got to minimize some of the results because it is the a's. But with velo up efficiency getting those k's, we're going to take those eleven strikeouts across the board and we're not talking assistant downticks from Shane Bieber. So it's a huge buy and hopefully it pairs.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a really good feeling. You know. It's funny the win total for the A's is seven more than was last year. How did the A's get seven wins better than last year? I don't see it on that roster, folks, I just don't see it all right. Next year, Cole Reagan's nine strikeouts, six hittings, but he takes the loss unfortunately. But overall, what we wanted to see, also, what I wanted to see from Frankie Montoss. I've been talking about this guy all offseason. We talked about in our last it was the audio only episode of the Spring training Risers and Followers. I talked about Montas. I said, look, he looked pretty good here at the end. Yes, I know it's just the Nationals, but six shutout innings is six shutout innings. I don't care how you slice it. He qualifies a rp nd SP. It's a good first effort for Montoss, A good signal here for the Cincinnati Reds. One O Cruz goes solo homer, A great opportunity for him. And Welsh Welsh, that made you some money, did it not? I believe yesterday?
Speaker 2: So we had this Bogman and I and a couple of our friends were like moving around town. If you remember Dan Marley, Dan Marley, Marley's got love Dan Marley. I know he has a wife from three I Love. At a restaurant, we were over there. Oh it socks Elliott Perry. It is great Old Sun's team. We were there and then we moved over to one of the sports books and I had a couple bets flying around and I had this one and I was like, man, we're at the back of the game. It was I called it the cruise Control. It was Oneal Cruz to hit a homer and Ellie de la Cruz to steal a base. We're sitting at the sports book. They're both up within one batter of each other. Ellie gets on steals a base. O'Neal's up and I look at bagman, I go, I just need a homer. He swings that bad boy. Looks like it's going to be a foul ball because the pure rob power gets at homers. A twenty to one stupid parlay that I hit. It's the first week things you can see, but it was up on the betting pros app and Oneal Cruz showing off exactly what we saw in spring seven Homers big home run power. And again, what was my favorite season long bet prop that we did on the Betting Pro Show, Joe. It was Oneal Cruz Homer's over twenty four and a half and he gets that first one on the board right now.
Speaker 1: Not bad by the way, everybody I mentioned that audio only episode, That's not the only thing we've got going on there. So every single week on the regular podcast on YouTube, but on the podcast channel by itself, we have Mike Mayer and the Worm are going to be doing a little bit more of a deep dive extended look to show called the Cycle. What they're gonna be doing basically is deep dives at the top of the show on the big news of the week, whatever that big item or two is. They're really gonna give you a little bit more. You know, this is a condensed half hour daily show, so they're gonna give you a little bit more of the long form fantasy stuff. Well, she's gonna do some prospect stuff on there. It's gonna be great. So they're gonna hit their you know, trades in the waiver wire. So basically it's kind of like a podcast is gonna prepare you for the week to come, basically and recapping the week that was. So that's a great addition to the lineup here.
Speaker 2: Yes, this new episode was out yesterday. It's longer than usual. It was an hour, but Kelly Kirby, the wonky penguin who's in the chat, was a guest and I was a guest on it as well, So you guys can check that out episode.
Speaker 1: That's why it wasn't hour. You go very long here, very long, Wain.
Speaker 2: Well, it was Kelly that went forty minutes, not me.
Speaker 1: So well, Kelly can go as long as she wants there, because Kelly's amazing you, we'll say, all right. Just for fun, Tyler O'Neil steals a base and also so it's a major league record by hitting a home run is fifth consecutive Opening Day, So there you go, Tyler and Neil loves Opening Day and I love this too. Also for fun, a little bit of history, Jenny Kavnar becomes the first female play by play announcer for the A's and that was a wonderful moment there for women in baseball. My friend Jess works out there for the A's too, and I think it's fantastic that we're you know, continuing to change the shape of what front offices look like, what the announced crew looks like, with the umpires, referees in football all that. It's very encouraging women in sports. Look, I'm a flag football coach. I coached my daughter for the last three years actually almost four now that i'm thinking about it, and you know, it's very important to encourage them. And you know, I know my godmother it had she known that baseball general manager or front office executive was a job that was going to be open to her, it would have changed her entire career path, she told me once. And I think that's a very important thing that, you know, for women. You have to see these things out there as achievable and possible now and it's great. And this is another one, I think, another feather in the cap here for MLB, So good on them. Rookie Lookie Welsh Wyatt Langford first career RBI, so that's a positive. Victor Scott stole a base, lots of steels come blaze, Alexander got his first career hit for the d Backs and Jackson Cheerio leading off today, so that's good. We'll see Churio, We'll see Peralta, We'll see the Mats. By the way, more Peralta news to come. Any rookie, lookie moment that stood out.
Speaker 2: For you, well, well, I mean I was there to watch Blaze Alexander as a DH go and not only get his first hit, but he was the one that put the last run on the board for the Diamondbacks, which was a all time record for an inning for the team. So Blaze looked great, you know. And just a couple of the things on these White Langford was intentionally walked in his first game, also got his first RBI.
Speaker 1: Which was crazy.
Speaker 2: It is amazing. And Victor Scott, you know, we were at Marley's when this happened. We were getting up to leave and then he's on base and I'm like, no, no, hold on, we got to watch he had that buy him out.
Speaker 1: I believe it was.
Speaker 2: He was tracked at twenty nine point six, which I think would have been faster than any runner last year. I could be wrong about that. So I think those are all interesting. But Jackson Churio today leading off for Pat Murphy is not what I expected. Pat Murphy's like an old school baseball.
Speaker 1: I like it though, I like of course you like it.
Speaker 2: I like it too, But that's not something that Pat Murphy. Yes, if you want the.
Speaker 1: Lineup protection, you know that you want the kid to be successful, don't hit him eighth, like, don't do that to the kid. By the way, my line up note today Michael Harris hitting sixth in the lineup today too.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Not out there you do like that or don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that at all. I want Michael Harris at the top of the lineup.
Speaker 1: What do we do well, I'm just saying, I'm just saying, what is By the way, I know the cycle started and someone made a comment here that where is that. I need more Mayor? We need more Mayor in our lives than we don't.
Speaker 2: What is JP? What are you trying to get for free? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No less Mayor? Usually we'll take him for that hour because he's good with the baseball.
Speaker 2: Not even seeing Mayor in the chat. You notice how great the show was yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right. Mayor was nowhere to be found yesterday. He had other things going on. I believe who knows what, but you maybe yesterday's show. I encourage you to go back and watch it because the Whigs were amazing, and I still had nightmares about when you pulled back your wig to just the bowl cut that. No, no, no, no, put that away. I don't need to see that again. I'm not gonna sleep all weekend if we do that. All right, let's go to the three up and three down here, three up my trout home run first at bad and it was a long bright spot for the Angels. It was all downhill after that, but still it's a good start. Trade them now, folks, pabloz.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm all about this. I'm all about the note. I'm by Pablo Lopez. I'm all about a great opportunity for him. Uh seven innings, striking out seven, just awesome, one run on four hits, tremendous opener for the Twins. More on Royce Lewis, more on Justin Steele.
Speaker 1: I see you in the chat. We'll get to it in a second. We're trying to be positive here. We don't want to depress everybody. At the top of the show, Hazels Lozardo recorded eight strikeouts, two runs, five innings. Here's the thing with Lozardo. We talked with Craig Mish and he was telling us, look, Lozardo is being shopped. It's something that's actively going on. It was actively going on in the spring. They didn't get what they wanted. Some team is going to end up with him. Welsh, this was a good star for him. I'm gonna ask you a question, if you have Lozardo, do you want to start to you know, if he gets off to a good start, start to poke around the trade wins and see if somebody wants to overpay for Lozardo or do you want to hold him and wait to see if he does get trade to a contender earlier as opposed to later.
Speaker 2: I think it's it. I you know, I hadn't really given a lot of thought of like, oh, him on this new team and what positives could come out of it. I'm just not a big hazuse Losardo. I had him as kind of a fade this year. He did have a huge day. I think it was eighteen swing and whifts forty six percent swing with rate, which was crazy, over thirty five percent csw which is good. But you also saw massive downticks as far as Vilo fastball was down half a mile per hour. His sinker was down almost two miles per hour. Slider was about like on target. He looked okay. I watched it. He looked okay. He was decent early. I'm probably a sell, especially if you can take like you know, big stats, you know, big whift numbers. You can sell someone on it. Maybe there's another good performance coming up and then you could sell and get equal value and probably moving off him. But to your point, if he is sold, it's gonna probably be some contendye type of team that is missing, you know, maybe like a Rangers, you know, a Rangers type of contendy.
Speaker 1: I like that. Nothing, I like it. It's it's a phrase that I'm very excited about using in the future. Three down Kyle Freeland, two and a third, ten hits, ten earned yikes. Zach Efflin not the best start for him, kind of fell apart towards the end though, to be fair, like the line is a little misleading. I'd be buying low on Zach Efflin because I know, and you know Welsh, there's people that weren't buying in a Zach Eflin that might have ended up with him in their league and they're going, oh, No. Six earned runs five and two thirds. But if you watch the start, first four innings were pretty clean.
Speaker 2: For him and had no hitter through like three innings.
Speaker 1: He was really good here from the beginning. I think it just kind of, you know, just kind of fell apart a little bit. I would jump all over this start early if there's somebody in your league that is panicking about him, and I.
Speaker 2: Trade move the Lizardo for e Flyn.
Speaker 1: If we can do that, I think he's gonna be the first guy on the trade video this week. I gotta go like, buy low Gelin right now, Heimer Candelario Umboo over four to three strikeouts, So not the best the hat trick for him, not the best start. You know, it pisses me off, and it pisses a lot of people off Welsh too.
Speaker 2: What grinds your gears?
Speaker 1: You know it grinds my gears, and I know it grinds everybody. And I want to hear from you in the chat because everybody's watching live right now on the YouTube channel. Everybody complains about the same thing. Why do we have to wait to the last minute to put guys on the il because it affects everybody's ability in leagues with roster moves and things like that, you're waiting and waiting and waiting for somebody to go in the IL. They haven't put them on the eye. It's why we all know that guy. They announce it, they say it, but they don't actually do it. It's ridiculous. Now in my home league, I'm the commissioner, So why allow people to just put people in IL spots the first week? Because I know it's such a disaster, But don't you think it's like it's kind of obnoxious, Like they know they're starting on the IL, put these guys in the IL and then give us the rosters. Like why shouldn't we encourage people to putting fantasy because that's a huge part of our fan base. I don't understand it, Welsh, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, Baseball's never embrace fantasy. They're embracing betting. By the way, I saw this tweet out there the New York the New York Yankees actual account. I think it was tweeted out Nestor Cortes strikeouts with a check mark and the over number and everything like that. They've never embraced fantasy. If they did to your point, we would have ils, they would literally cater how they do to show betting, but they don't cater to it. Yeah, it's super super annoying. It's why having a great commissioner is probably really important, and a site that you can like manually make those moves.
Speaker 1: And speaking about making moves, segue, sink your league. Please to my playbook, download my playbook MLB or go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook. It's what you need to get right now. I'm telling you right now, if you're trying to manage multiple teams multiple different sites, make your life easier. Manage them all from one app waivers lineups. You could set your lineups for Yahoo and set your lineups for CBS Boom at one spot. How beautiful is that? Go do it today, It's free. Sink your leagues to my playbook. Use the app. It's fantastic. We know because we use it. I mean that's how I stay on top, especially my football soft forget it, like that's the only way I could possibly do it. Injuries. Okay, everybody, now it's time to depress everybody.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, I'm texting a really good friend right now. He got hurt yesterday and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just oh friend, Justin Steel, Yeah, Justin Steele, who is pitching grape by the way. Unfortunately removed because of hamstring tightness they're calling it now. When he went down, it didn't look tight to me. It looked popped to me the way he went down. But I'm thinking good thoughts. Let's see what's going.
Speaker 2: To be staid. It's going to be a while. They didn't give any like affirmatives. He's gonna go on the eel. They're going to be a while. Could be a month. It could be three weeks, it could be a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I would prepare to be without him for a minimum two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking a month. I'm thinking a month. But it was officially announced as a hamstring and I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's right. He showed up to work today, that's true, Justin Steele. He has my playbook. We know because we saw when Welsh met him and he showed him Look here I am with my fancy pro stuff. So there you go. So unfortunately, not the best stuff. Royce Lewis was removed yesterday. This was like the quintessential Royce Lewis game, like like the You're too encapsulate the feeling of Royce Lewis. He hits a home run, looks amazing off Reagan's no less right off of a premium pitcher, goes yard, looks awesome on base. Later in the game, pulls up with He's saying was this tight quad? And he was saying was tight? I listened to what he was talking about. I saw some you know, the doctors online talking about different things. So if it's a tight quad, if it's some sort of cramp, that's possible, but it's more likely we all know, probably worse than that. So more news to follow here. But this is very frustrating because Royce lewis dark horse for MVP, a guy that I would know, I was very high on. But here we go again. We didn't get one full game yet, We're already dealing with.
Speaker 2: Injuries, I know, and he killed the nerfy yesterday. That was the only one that I was kind of interested in it. But it wasn't the knee though, and that was kind of an important thing. That's a thing that's continuously being reconstructed and I haven't seen, like what the the timetable is going to be, but it's from like resting a couple of days up to a month, so it's somewhere in between. I think they would baby him, just put him on the I L for two weeks, do whatever you gotta do, messuses every day, rub it out, figure it out, and get him back on the field.
Speaker 1: Just sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure yeah. Everyone knows the problem. Man, No, I got no problem. But take a look at the twins schedule for the month coming up, because that's what I want to see here because of this this quot here from Jeremy Arms your doctor here, he needs a leg replacement. There you go, he needs a l It's like Dave Chappelle, I need a backtomy. I love the backyotomy. It's one of my favorite things. So who do they have coming up here? They've got, uh, let's see the Royals, the Brewers, the Guardians, and they've got the Dodgers and then the Tigers Orioles Tigers again White Side.
Speaker 2: So what's your what's your point to this?
Speaker 1: Like my point is this, My point is this, can you beat up on the angels of White Sox and the Tigers? In the opening of the season, especially you got the Tigers twice. Yeah, so if it takes a little while to get Royce Lewis, get Royce Lewis right, And I'm just saying if I'm the Twins, I'm not pushing it's April and the schedules. In my favor, it all depends who you're playing early. You should be able to beat those teams even without Lewis. Theoretically, yeah, you gonna have a struggle against the Dodgers. That's fine. But uh, before Welsh gets canceled, let's move on to you.
Speaker 2: Well, no, the only thing I want to we're just talking.
Speaker 1: It's gonna We're just guys.
Speaker 2: We're just two guys, just guys, dudes talking about getting a good massage.
Speaker 1: That's talk.
Speaker 2: The only thing with the Twins, And this is why I don't say it. This is why I think they should put them on the aisle, even if it's a mild mild thing, is because they've got depth. Jose Miranda got sent down, Bring Miranda back up. You've got Brooks Lee who's gonna be coming soon. Like, just don't don't worry about it. And both of those guys, by the way, if they were to be a replacement would be guys I'm interested in, but most likely Willie Castro would be one of those players that would benefit from roy out. So if we want to talk about just the quick pickups, real quick, Willie Castro would be a player I would be speculative, speculatively picking up right now because of the stolen bases. And then I just wanted to comment on this has nothing to do with this, but someone was talking about because I don't think we're gonna talk about it, but Jason Foley probably one of the top pickups as far as closers to go after yesterday since we didn't have that set in here.
Speaker 1: But for Royce, will Nkle, some other guys who Garrett Crochet had a really good start yesterday. Someone asking me about Crouchet, like I'm still on the fence about him. I watched ing Pitch and Spring. Things I liked about on things I didn't. It was a good start for him. He's only roster in fifty percent of leagues.
Speaker 2: Right, it looked amazing yesterday. I would I mean, if we're talking Hicks.
Speaker 1: Still available in thirty three percent of leagues, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: John Wick, Yeah, John Wick. He kills my Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.
Speaker 1: Miguel and ahrr he won't be back for a while. Segue underwent a right knee surgery on Thursday. Edward Rodriguez resumed his throwing program. That's good, Nick Senzel, talk about another one too, like encapsulate. Like Nick Senzel's entire MLB career. He's finally got a spot here with the Nats. He's got kind of a second life. Maybe broken thumb in practice before the game, I mean, how horrible is that? Also kind of down on the farm news here, diamond back shortstop Jordan Lawler is gonna undergo thumb Surgery's gonna miss ten weeks potentially, so oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm I was trying to trade him for weeks. But this is why like Blaze is gonna get this opportunity. I don't know if they'll dh him as much as they did, but he is a future play here. I just don't think he'll play enough. But Lawler is out of it, cutable, don't worry about it. Might actually be an interesting dynasty by right now because he is at the lowest of lows of lows. But yeah, this year, you're not going to get a ton out of Lawler.
Speaker 1: Are so good. By the way, Rhino does Fantasy Pros go live like this every morning, Well MLB does we do, And I guess it's morning where you are, Mirror Westy, But yes, twelve thirty Eastern time. We are live Monday through Friday, every single time, bringing you the best there is, the best there was, the bester ever will be. So those are the injuries right here. You know, everyone's always frustrated with the injuries. But that's okay because we turn the page because it's time for our favorite segment of the show.
Speaker 2: Which of course is Bets of Today.
Speaker 1: We got to work on that. We do. Bet six five sponsors this segment here on this show. Make sure you make all your bets with bet three six five, and when you do, use that promo code leading off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. That's the way you go. Look at us. We look handsome in these pictures. I like this.
Speaker 2: I'm lot confused.
Speaker 1: All right, yesterday was a really good start. And of course, if you are betting with us, use the Betting Pros app. Download it. It's fantastic. I have lodged all my bets for the season, all my futures bets in there, so if you want to check those out, you can follow me on Betting Pros at Joe. You can do that same thing with Well. You can follow both of us and join our group Bettingpros dot com slash leading All Off go and join. Last year we gave away free subscriptions to Betting Pros, to Fantasy Pros to be what good months and things like that. So we're going really well. Yesterday, Welsh, you were three and oh I think I was three and oh as well.
Speaker 2: Because scooball I think you were two and one, because yeah.
Speaker 1: I was two and one. But another bet that I gave Thoor hit, so I made Thor very happy. I gave him four to six of the MLB bits I gave him actually hit yesterday. So let's start with the man who's red hot with the mustache that won't quit. Welsh, What do you have today for the people on?
Speaker 2: For I hope to keep it up. Like I said, I'm not gonna have days like this, but that was like a thirteen unit day I had yesterday because that'd some other bets going on. So we're getting a little cute. The odds are gonna tighten down a tiny bit. And here's what we've got today. We're starting with one of my favorite pitchers, and I've actually gotten three different things I like with him. It's George Kirby. I'm going to seattle. His outs was in play for me. His total out seventeen and a half, which means he's got to go six. Last year, four of his first five games he went six. I kind of liked that one. That's not the bet. His walk number under one walk is big plus money. I'm really interested in that. Seventeen games last year he did not walk a batter. That's not the bet, you could do it. The bet today is going with his strikeouts under. It's high today it's six and a half. I just don't know if we're gonna see him going over ninety pitches. And when he has gone under ninety pitches, I want to say it was every game but one last year that he was under ninety pitches. He was under six strikeouts. Now he could be unleashed. We saw all of these castill do some stuff yesterday. I just don't think they're going to do that. So I'm a little tenuous. That's why, by the way, the striker number, I'm tenuous if he ends up going six. So I'm taking the under on the strikeouts because I think it'll be under ninety pitches. I believe. I saw Derek Carti talking about the seventy nine pitches I think was the average on opening day yesterday, so that it was with Darvish.
Speaker 1: Yesterday too, and I look for that when I was giving him the number on him. So all right, so that's your number on Kirby. Let's get to number two here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the best odds. By the way, bet three to six y five has the best odds out anywhere, so she don't even have to worry number two. Going back to my Diamondbacks, everybody had a hit last night, but Corbyn Carrol. He had two walks, a couple runs, but he looked good, he looked patient. Yes, a couple balls were hit into the ground, but he was going up against the lefty for the majority of it. I guess maybe two or three of the at bats. But Corman Carroll's going up against a guy that he has never faced before in cal Qwan Trail, who is not great not very good. So I'm going with the total bases over I expect more offense one and a half over minus one fifteen. I like that one. And I'm going with kind of a gimmicky bet. I usually don't do this, but I love George Kirby and I like him to pitch to contact and groundouts, and I like Nick Pavetta. Nick Povetta on the Boston Red Sox has got to get through JP Crawford, which I think is doable. Julio's your big concern, and Jorge Polonko, who does have a good track record against. But my bet here is the Nerfy Mariner's Red Sox no run first inning with Kirby with Pavetta locking it down minus one thirty. Its not the best, best best odds out there, but these are my three favorite Kirby, Carrol and the Nerfe on Mariner's Red Sox.
Speaker 1: Here you go. You love a good Nerfy for me, Freddy Parol to over on the six and a half strikeouts at plus money plus one oh five you're getting right now, that's the best number on VP. Spencer Streider now Welsh knows this ICEE eight and a half, and I automatically go to the under. But it's early in the year and with Strider pitching the way he has, dominating the way he has in spring, and we all know the bats usually take a little bit more time, like the pitchers are typically a little bit ahead here of the hitters when we get to this part of the season. I'm gonna go over on the eight and a half. It's not something I always do. It's minus one thirteen, so it's a decent number here. But Welsh knows icee eight and a half and I run to the under every time I see it, and seventy five percent of the time I am right on that. But today I'm gonna buck the trend again. Stryder, I think it's gonna be a little ahead of it.
Speaker 2: It's a game at the day, like we have either wheel on it.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna be an eight to five game. You go because we're all thinking, Oh, it's gonna be this picture duel. That's that's MLB.
Speaker 2: I'm I actually have another bet I put on.
Speaker 1: You will see it. Why did you finish mine yet? I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to prove. I just want to say how much I love this game.
Speaker 1: Your time, and now it's my turn.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk about how amazing it is. I just want to say it's amazing. And I have another bet in this on the betting pros app Sorry, go ahead, Strider eight and a half. I'm shocked that you're taking the over.
Speaker 1: I know. Well again it's Strider, it's special, and it's today because it's opening day for them. Cleveland minus one and a half plus one thirty. You're getting plus money again on this. I did it yesterday, I'm gonna do it again today. It's gonna be right. I'm just like Stripling was so bad in the spring too. Just do it. If it fails, it fails, but it is right. So Paralta over six and a half plus one oh five, Strider over eight and a half, K's minus one thirteen, Cleveland minus one and a half plus one thirty. Now, if you put my three favorite things together for the parlay of the day, plus seven seventy on those odds. So I would bet them all separately, and then bro, like you know a little bit, throw five bucks on the parlay just in case all three of them hit. Then you get a really big day. Now, Welsh, I heard you might have an extra bet that you were very excited about. What was it?
Speaker 2: Oh? And I wasn't trying to Actually I didn't want to say it, but I wanted to promote to people. Is go to the Betting pros app download today and follow the Welsh follow piece of PA and you'll see the other bets that jump on there.
Speaker 1: And yes, and all my futures are up there right now. So again, if you follow us, you can see all the future bets. Everything's up there, all the MVP awards, all the Julio bets, all the Julio.
Speaker 2: Bodman told me last night by the way, he said, we were talking about Julio and he goes, oh, yeah, Julio's my MVP, and I said, oh my god, it's mine, it's Joe's. It's guaranteed not to be now, it's guaranteed not No.
Speaker 1: Joey futures always makes it truth. So there you have it, folks. Those are the best bets for today, Friday, the twenty ninth of March. Also, this is really nice here, look at this. This show makes MLB so much better in my opinion. Guys. Thanks, And that's from Marcus Allen, which I can only assume is the NFL Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: I talked to him on the phone one time we're working at Super Bowl. It was one of the highlights of like life is well.
Speaker 1: Now it's come full circle. Now he's a marketer, Marcus. We appreciate you. We try to make baseball fun again. It's supposed to be a good time. That's what we're doing here for goodness sake. Also here we like to call home runs. So this is the part in the show where we call the home runs of the day. We'll take a look because the leader board is live. Boom there it is, Oh, Hudgens had one there, finner fred Dinger of course by name fred Dinger is always good in this contest. You got high Cubby Key, it was it kat coach trail. Larry's there, mister Buster. Is that Pazzi Pazzi twenty five ports circus Sky there's the Welsh one he got all the I don't know the Welsh with the home run call it? Yes, how tid everyone's tied with one, but you're still twelve, Like there's no respect.
Speaker 2: I need what I noticed. I was gonna say, like, don't you think like Welsh and walk. You should be at the top. It's the he went you should be at the bottom. Both went to America.
Speaker 1: Then this is on there two and Yankee twenty three rules, Jake twenty three rules. If you want to be part of this, join our discord Fantasy bro dot com slash chat and you should join anyway because it's free. But also remember, starting next Wednesday, you get bonus leading off because Cleaning Up is gonna go live on our discord. Welsh myself, take questions, talk to you all some more, get outside the box a little bit and talk more MLB because you all demanded more of us, so we're gonna give you more of us. So I did not go yard yesterday. I was being cute. This is my call for the weekend. I looked ahead at the Cardinals pictures and I looked ahead and I think it's time that show Heyotani get off to a good start here. So I am betting on Shoeyotani to go yard this weekend, not once, but twice. I think he's gonna get two for me. I'm very excited. Welsh, Where are you going this weekend for your home run call? Or are you just calling today? And then you're gonna pick Saturday and Sunday on your own.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to look at right, look at Ryan's comment. By the way, I said numerical, and yes it is alphabetical. That was not numerical. So I'm were you go. We're off on the big dumdiot folks.
Speaker 1: So Friday Mon went all over that correction.
Speaker 2: Way. Yeah, Well, here's the cool thing. If I want to change off of my player, I can do it in the discord in the home run channel. You simply just boo put the name in and it tracks it itself, which is pretty awesome. But my home run for today, because I probably am going to change it, I am going with Juan Soto against the two pitch Christian Javier, who, by the way, he has a little bit of a track record on he walks quite a bit, but a thousand slugging little career. I think he's going to get a hold of Javier. He's going to get a hold of one of those fat because he's be fastball slider and he's going to put one in the seats. So I'm gonna go with Juan Soto. From a home run call on Friday.
Speaker 1: Big play by Soto yes, or in that game defensively too. Really turn things around here. Yank has had quite a comeback. So that's a big win because the Astros have really kind of been the daddy of the Yankees last weear, let's be honest, so kind of a big one, important one. Again, we want you to be a part of the action. Make sure you go to our Discord channel, join the home run channel, make your pits this week, oh say this week. This year we're giving away a Vlad Guerrero autographed bat. Last year we did the Corbyn Carrol helmet. Before anybody really was in the Corbin Carrol we were and Laddie by the way going yard yesterday. Nice to see Vladdie getting off to a good start. I was all in on Laddie this year. I love it. Don't forget everybody. If you go to place bets over the weekend, please go do it. Support our sponsor bet three six y five. Use the promo code leading off when you do at five bucks to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. That's what you do. Sink your leagues for free with my playbook again, it's free. Manage your lineups, set them in one spot from all the different platforms you're playing on, or just use all the tools that you have in that one lineup you've got in that one league you're in and find the best trades. The best waverwere pickups. Everything's right there at your fingertips. And of course go to Fantasypros dot com for all of our baseball content. Baseball is here. We were shot out of a canny yesterday. I feel like yesterday show was such a blur. It was opening day. We were wearing wigs, everything was crazy. It was so much fun. And I see all of you back again today, well over three hundred people watching us live again. If you don't get a chance to watch us, or you've just been listening, join us live for a show, come in there being We love seeing you all in this chat, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks. You guys make this show work. We love it. A good weekend of baseball ahead of US Welsh and then next week, of course, subscribe to the channel because if you haven't already, the Waiver Wire video is gonna be up there for me every week. The trade video from Welsh, it's gonna be up there. We've got social shorts too, follow us on x at Fantasy Pros MLB. We've got a lot of cooking this year. Okay, so even more stuff including the cycle, including cleaning up on Discord. More baseball at Fantasy pros. Why because of you and probably because of us a little bit too, because we're ubnaxious and we said, hey, we should do more baseball stuff, and they let us. They let us do it. So have a great weekend, everybody, enjoy the baseball. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, go o Tani, let's go multiple dingers.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,