Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged. I want to welcome my brother into the building. Keyon Dueling, KEYA, what's up with you?
Speaker 2: Brother? What's up? Champ? How you be?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I can't call it just out here chilling man. Uh, let's get right into it. Monday Night Game five, Oklahoma City versus Indiana Pacers Oklahoma City one twenty the Pacers one oh nine. What was your biggest takeaway from this game? Was it Jaden Williams forty? Was it Chase thirty one and he is only the fourth player in history to have fifteen to thirty point games in one playoff run?
Speaker 2: Was it Halliburton not.
Speaker 1: Converting a basket and finishing with what he had four or six four points and he could be injured?
Speaker 2: What was your biggest takeaway from the game?
Speaker 3: So, I would say the biggest takeaway is Jay Dubb, you know, for me tonight dropping forty on the offensive end.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go out on a limb a little bit, Matt.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say that j duve is cut from that Scottie pippencloth.
Speaker 4: Because he locked you up on the defensive end.
Speaker 3: But he's somebody who can go out and drop forty on you on the biggest stage and be you know that Robin to SGA who is Batman.
Speaker 2: On a high level. So you're not saying it's a Jordan Pippen combo.
Speaker 1: You're just saying that he is a Pipping cut from the same cloth as a Pippin.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, because like I believe, like you know, if he goes to his own team and he's the one option, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. I'm not saying that he's in that.
Speaker 3: Super superstar category, but as that one a as that second option, I think, you know, on the offensive end, a guy who can you know, deliver forty points in a finals game and then you know, be second team all defense. Like, we have to start looking at him in a different way. And I know they're young, so they have to build their resume, so we can't see it.
Speaker 4: So I'm prophesying a little a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're seeing the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, he's he's one of them. If not, he's probably the best second option in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Jumping out there, since you can see the future, what is the future for your hairline holding? So the future for my hairline holds two different options, right, there was three one.
Speaker 3: I keep it like this and stay to Kobe. I stay to Bean Bryant. You know what I mean to represent the homie. You know what I mean, at least see the line. They don't grow a lot, but you can.
Speaker 1: See that that's all Kobe used to do. But Coach Line, you see, it's my dog. But Coach Line was in the middle of his head. Let's keep it real.
Speaker 2: He just kept far back.
Speaker 1: But it's you know, but it's it's not there, but it's not that far back.
Speaker 2: So it's either.
Speaker 3: Turkey numb bro is hair restoration or it's like you know, Kojack is ballhead.
Speaker 1: I mean, they said, and Stay's gonna try to get a two for one special.
Speaker 2: He's gonna go with you. Producer Nate wants to roll with you out there.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, just because you got your ship like Miami Vice and you got your feeling Michael Thomas going going and all that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, don't look down on me. Yeah, you know it's father.
Speaker 1: Town goat Hey undefeated. But back to the game. I love what Jaylen Williams being able to do only in his third year out of Santa Clair, out of a smaller school and has definitely developed his game. You know, we say stars are born in the playoffs, and I think with probably dropping forty now, he's probably averaging twenty five a game in the finals, if not more. Didn't run those numbers. But I mean, I definitely think to your point, he's on the vert he's a star. He's definitely one of the top number two options in the game. Completely care I mean, although she still had thirty one down the stretch, it was Jalen, it was it was Jayleen Williams show, and overall tonight it was McConnell.
Speaker 2: I like the way McConnell played.
Speaker 1: If we're switching over to Indiana, he had a nice run thirteen points in the third quarter, six for seven from the field. To be honest with you, it seemed like when Indiana made that run, when Halliburton was on the bench, they put Halliburton back in, they took McConnell out, and then I think that's when the furies the turnovers happened and okay see ran away from the game. But you know, okay See caused or had fifteen steals, cost twenty two turnovers. But again, McConnell was very solid throughout the game to night.
Speaker 3: Matt, let me tell you to that point, man, it's like, how frustrating was it for you as somebody who came off the bench as a spark plug, right, and you had it going that night, right, and you don't get that opportunity, you know, to extend those minutes, right, Those minutes can be decreased if you don't produce. Some coaches already have like a pre rotation, so they know how many minutes no matter what happens in the game, they're gonna play a particular player. But from what I'm hearing and what I'm reading and what I'm seeing, what the eyes are telling me, Halliburton wasn't at his best tonight health wise, I think he's dealing with something in his body.
Speaker 2: Of course, he's that guy.
Speaker 3: He's the guy who you know has made clutch shots time and time again, so you always want to give him that chance. But in this particular game, that was a tweet that I thought Rick Carlisle could have leaned on a little bit more. But I understand giving your superstar player the opportunity to go out and produce.
Speaker 2: But when you come up.
Speaker 3: And you're over, you know from the three point line and you're over you know from the field, you know what I mean. It's one of those nights where a bench player could be your spark plug. But I understand, you know, the coaches trust in Palli, but also like as a bench player and a guy who was a role player who you know would come in and try and change the game and fill those gaps. You know, it could have been an opportunity where he you know, leaned on the McConnell a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I completely agree, But I think to your point, you always want to lean with your star, especially as Halliburton.
Speaker 2: It's not like their second or third. I mean, he's their.
Speaker 1: Guy, you know what I mean, He's the guy Halliburton.
Speaker 2: Halliburton didn't play well.
Speaker 1: But I've been lucky, Katie to play for a coaches that, at some times, just like you said, roll with the guy that's rolling, especially at this point in the season. You know, obviously Hollie's been a great closer throughout these playoffs, but he just didn't have it tonight. But that that that begs me to ask, what about Game six? How was he going to No one really knows what is they said CAF Titans during the game, banged his knee on the ground on a play. He just didn't necessarily look like itself the whole time, and they said he'd kind of been dealing with the leg injury throughout the situation. But I mean it's here, you know, Perk said, I don't want to hear about none of that. Ship if you're out there, you got to go stephen a Smith's you know, similar to what you were saying. You know, could it just a sitem?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And you got someone else rolling allow them to cook. So what do you think his status will be? Game six?
Speaker 2: And if they could possibly be pushing a game seven.
Speaker 4: Man, he gonna he gonna lace them up, you know, if.
Speaker 2: It's a but will he be effective? What's that? But? Will he be effective?
Speaker 3: I don't know if he'll be effective or not. You know, a lot of times it's not about your effectiveness, it's about your availability. And I know that this time during the season, you know, when everything is on the line, the best players will show up and show out. So you know, he might have to go see the trainer and get toward off. If it's a direct injury, he might have to get Cortizon. He's gonna get a lot of treatment. There's a few days in between, you know, more than a few days in between the next game. From its inception, I picked Okay see in six, it's their time, it's their space, like right. If they don't in a championship in six this year, I would be definitely surprised. But Halley's gonna strap up. He's a competitor. Not only is he a competitor, he comes from that pedigree. His dad is so competitive that he'll waive a flag in front of Ananaki, a giant, you know what I mean, somebody who could like like crush him with a single blow. So I don't think he has fear or anything like that. I think he'll you know, do his best to bounce back. But I just think that they've ran into a team that's peaking at the right time, Like all the.
Speaker 4: Stars have aligned for Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: They're well coached, They have a great infrastructure from Sam Presty on down as far as their administration. Their team believes in one another. They know their roles on different nights. They understand that different guys can step up. So I just believe Oklahoma City is a better team holistically.
Speaker 1: Yea, and arguably one of the people are saying this could be one of the defensive teams we've seen in a long time. I don't want to get into the greatest or whatever, but these motherfuckers are out here playing defense again. They had fifteen steals cost twenty two turnovers. Yeah, tonight. But I want to also mention Pascal Siakam, who had a big game, who was just a mismatched nightmare. If there's any way that you know, Indiana come back and win the finals, I definitely think he would be the MVP from Indiana from night in nine now, he's been consistent. Uh you know, Cruso is one of their better defenders. He's too small, They've thrown everybody on him, and he's just kind of that mismatch guy. So definitely wanted to shout him out. He's been playing really well. Yeah, Indiana, big.
Speaker 3: Shout out to you know, past he's you know, he's been solid, right, you know, coming from a small school, you know, coming on the radar, taking people by storm.
Speaker 2: Obviously he had the run in Toronto.
Speaker 3: But if Halle isn't creating certain easy baskets and opportunities and making shots and getting in the pain and carving up and starting to blender.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough for him to like just be highlighted as an icehole player where you just give him the ball and you go, you make it happen. Indiana can't win that way. They win from continuity, they win from depth, they win from their pace. So I don't believe that, like you can just give him the ball, but you gotta shout him out. And I got to shout out my guy Rico Hines as well, because he's been countless hours in the lab, you know what I mean, kind of crafting with that young man. And look at the player that he's turned out to be. Man, he's just an exceptional player. Kudos to him. It's not of lack of effort or talent from his standpoint. I just think that, like at some point, you know, talent just wins. It exceeds all.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, only one game seven in the last nine years, and that's the Cavs versus the Warriors in twenty sixteen. So looks like, okay, seeing six that happened. What do you think as a father, but me as a basketball dad, what do you think basketball dads can learn from from Holly's pops and SGA's pops. He was on a show that they got taken down recently on Tigue show out talking that talk. I heard them, Man, what what do you think about these dads out here and enjoying the moment?
Speaker 2: Should we say? So? There's a couple of things I think about it.
Speaker 3: The first thing I think about it is that like the guys who are privileged enough to have fathers that are proud, who have put time, energy, effort, resources, you know what I mean, motivation, inspiration, encouragement, protection, standing in the paint for them for their sons, I think you do give your son a better opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Be the best version of himself.
Speaker 3: So I don't want to minimize those guys from the bar ball on down to you know, we can go to King Williams and the way that he indoctrinated and protected his children. Fatherhood is one of the best hoods on the planet. So I don't want to minimize fatherhood. Now, antics that's a whole different thing, you know. Like creatively, if you talk to talk, I'm cool with that, But when you go and put yourself in the action, there has to be some discipline. So there's a lesson to be learned in what Hallie's pops went through. I don't want to minimize and take away from the greatness and the support that he's given to his son, and even the comeback story because he's been on he's been a model citizen since he's come back. But I think that man, there's no hood. We just had Father's Day, Matt. You know, I hope you had a great Father's Day. You've been a great father to your to your kids, and you're an excellent man. You know, you had the privilege of you know, seeing your father, you know, through his hardships and things like that. So like it's just a part of the journey. I don't want to minimize fathers, in particular Black fathers you know who show up.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm absolutely absolutely. By the way, happy Father's Day, So thank you days removed for that. Yeah, speaking of dad's and fatherhood and all that other stuff, one of my sons just walked through on crutches. He just came back from the NBPA Top one hundred camp. I'm gonna bring him in real quick and we're going to talk about camp. Carter, get your little cripple butt over here.
Speaker 3: Bro, Hey, Matt, did you hurt yourself at PA camp in nineteen ninety seven, because if I can recollect, I think you had an ankle injury at the top one hundred camp when we was, you know, at Princeton, so we understand that plight.
Speaker 1: Carter was having a solid camp and then man his first real ankle injury.
Speaker 2: And I want to tell you a little motherfucker the story real quick before I let Carter talk, okay, talk to me.
Speaker 1: Last week I went into their I went into their house and I told Carl and Isaiah, I'm like, listen, man, you guys are getting older, more athletic, faster, stronger, playing with kids that there jump and you're jumping now.
Speaker 2: I think it's time for either tape or ankle braceist. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I bought them expensive ass ankle braceis and I told them before everybody, it's gonna take time to get uses. You gonna hurt your feet at first, but it's gonna take time, but you need them. Fast forward a week later, cars of NBA camp. I think he tries to wear it once and they're just hurting the speed. Isaiah warmed the whole camp yeah, harder, not haveing, no tape or ankle braces on.
Speaker 2: You gotta get used to him though fucked his ankle. It was that it was.
Speaker 1: It was a bad like third third degree spray. Everything was swollen, toes were swollen. But anyway, welcome to the show, Carlos.
Speaker 4: What's up, Carter? Listen, Cardat look make us so fast.
Speaker 2: I've been there before, right or so I understand, man.
Speaker 3: My first serious ankle injury was against the Bulls back in like two thousand and one, two thousand and two, and I wasn't playing a lot at the time. Matt and so Earl Boykins told me, he said, Kadi, you ain't getting taped today. I said, no, Earl, I could do fifteen minutes standing on my hand. And I had a serious ankle injury that you know, took me out, you know, for more than seventy sixty eight games in that season. And so I always believe in tape. Sometimes you can learn your daddy. I know you hear his voice a lot. It could get a little bit numb to you. But man, that boys battle test that trust me, I know, seeing your soldiers go through some stuff. So like you don't have to go through the experience to learn the lesson, and so hopefully this is a lesson to you, Carter.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Listen to your pops. He knows some shit.
Speaker 1: So you didn't hear when he was getting on he said, so me and we went to this same camp when we were in high school. It was our seventeen year old yer, right, we were going into our senior year.
Speaker 2: He was going into our senior year that year.
Speaker 1: You hurt your ankle and I did the same thing at the top one hundred.
Speaker 2: You fucked my shit. Uh, same camp, he reminded. He reminded me of.
Speaker 1: But my worst sprained ankle was the spraining ankle I had with the Warriors going into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That was my worst by far. I couldn't do nothing with that ban ship took so.
Speaker 1: Long to heal bro But anyway, how was camp your first major camp?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What were some of your takeaways? Camp was good.
Speaker 5: It was good to get out there with a whole lot of uh, well, some of the best talent in high school in my opinion. H there was a lot of different uh there's guards, bigs, a whole lot of people that could you know, seven players are bringing the ball to court shooting three. So it was definitely a good experience.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: What I took away probably, I mean, I was my shot. My offense wasn't really going, so I really relied on my defense that whole camp. Uh, and clearly too much because now I have one ankle.
Speaker 2: But it was a good camp.
Speaker 5: We uh learned a lot, had some financial uh financial learning classes that those were pretty good, some stuff and honestly a really good experience.
Speaker 4: Hey, card I got a question for you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Did you find out you good enough to be one of them boys?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Okay, So like that's what that's That's one of the biggest lessons. Even though you got injured and you went through some adversity at that camp, you had some success at that camp. So bottle that part up, but also bottle up that part of getting hurt because we're in the hurt business, champ, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's a part of our journey.
Speaker 3: So we have to learn how to carry that out of heal from that, how to discipline ourselves, and also how to prevent that. So, man, I'm just glad you had that experience because you're on the same track that we went through when we were your age, but you have the knowledge and the experience of your pops. So tap into that, like that's that's fucking Matt Barnes. Tap into it. He know a little something.
Speaker 1: Mh you know what was dope was It was interesting because I'm always telling the boys, like we're always thinking the mental side of the game.
Speaker 2: That's just what we think. That's what we talk. They have skilled trainers for the other shit.
Speaker 1: But his shot, he hit a few threes early on, but then they weren't going and so I just told him that, you know, get downhill, get down to get to the basket, to the mid range, get to your layups. But just locking on d And the one thing I said is like, be hard to screen out here. You're hard to screen. It's gonna be a problem, when I tell you, bro, he was. It was impressive the way he could. There are big kids out here, the way he was able to move around these screens and get through screens, not not not be screened and lock up some er not lock up, just make it hard for some of these better scoring point guards where they were in two guards that were in this camp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, went against I think two of the higher ranked guards than both of them were. I think one of them had thirty on my team and the other one had like eighteen, but he got hurt later, but it was I definitely like, now I know that I could pick a problem anybody and or shut him down if I really, if I really try.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 1: So with your prognosis, now we got man, we got Section seven come up this week. You're gonna miss that unfortunately, and then after that we got Cali Live.
Speaker 2: That's what you're hoping to come back for. Yeah, it's not that thing the third session, the third session or the fourth session of eybl and Augusta. So it's gotta get you healthy. Bro, he's in a boot now.
Speaker 1: That's I tell him, like, this is you're officially a bath because I feel like until you get hurt, like until you really get hurt, like it's.
Speaker 2: Just basketball, like it gets real now.
Speaker 1: So haven't tell him how a bad your first time iicing your ankle in the ice bath, Like you that's the worst shit ever, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be.
Speaker 3: Surprised at how like things that you think are punishment become a part of your routine because if you want to play this game, for a long time, buddy, You know what I mean. You're gonna spend more time sometimes like in your prehab and your rehab than actually working on your game, because like the body goes through these different changes. So you stay encouraged. Man, you in the right wheelhouse. You got great insight. Your pops has done it before. Like I would just say that, like your dad is trying to indoctrinate you with what he knows and what he experienced. So if you can take his experience and add your part to it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want you to be like him.
Speaker 3: He wants you to be better than him, you and your brother and all your siblings, right right, Matt, you agree with me on.
Speaker 2: That preach MLKD yep.
Speaker 3: So just like just lock in, just listen to him and then like put your little twist on it and then take it to another level. And then like when y'all around the round table, you can talk that talk to him. You know what I'm saying, Like when his hair starts eventually looking like mine, it's gonna catch up.
Speaker 2: I should have definitely you see his you see mine.
Speaker 1: We ain't go in your direction, but Carter, before we get you out of here, thoughts on these finals, Man.
Speaker 2: I think we've seen that the changing of the guards.
Speaker 1: The guys that me and KD came in with and played with, the Lebron, the KDS, all those great guys Steph Currish have been passed up by this younger group. I mean, this is a young finals of the young conference finals. What are your thoughts on the finals so far and the young talent that standing out so far?
Speaker 5: I think that I could say that the league is in good hands with this. Uh the league is definitely changing, and it's weird to see because you know, like I watched him play against his grades like the KDS, Lebron, Steph Clay, Kobe k I already said Kitty, but all those guys and now seeing people like Shay Ali chat the new wave of the NBA is definitely entertaining. This finals has been pretty entertaining, besides a few blogs her there. But you know, uh, Andy's and He's a scrappy team under our arguably the best team in the NBA. So it's definitely a good finals to watch. And uh, you got oh okay he's won.
Speaker 2: In game six? Yeah, okay, what's over? Appreciate you bro, appreciate it man. All right, all right, Champ KD.
Speaker 1: Big trade happened a few days ago. Desmond Bane to the Orlando Magic for Calwell, Pope, Cole Anthony and four unprotected first round picks. Yeah, and one first round pick swap. So that that pick swop was in the four first or is that the fifth? Three in the pick spot? Okay, three in the pick spot? Is this too much for bane career? Before we before we debate career forty one percent shooter five seasons. Uh, The Magic are twenty seventh in offensive rating.
Speaker 2: And twenty eighth in points per game. Exactly.
Speaker 1: Talk to me, first of all, let's break this down. First of all about his fit in Orlando. How do you feel he'll fit alongside Polo and Wagner?
Speaker 3: So, I think Banion fit really well. Right, he plays both ends of the floor. He shoots a high clip from the three point range, you know what I mean. He's got extremely short arms, but he's got long range. He's a guy who's a proven score, he's competitive, he's tough, he's a leader, he's a veteran. So I think it's a good fit for Orlando what they're trying to do currently. So I do think, you know, it helps them in the offensive category because I think they have a lot of defensive versatility, They have a lot of youth. They got a great young coach and coach Mosley, So I think the Orlando Magic, you know, get well in this trade.
Speaker 2: Now what they gave up, that's where the debate.
Speaker 3: Comes in because when you hear for first round picks and things like that, you can feel a certain type of way. But what they were able to do is well, it is able to They were able to offload you know KCP, which you know still has two years at a high number, right, and they got rid of Cole Anthony as well, who still you know, makes a good amount of money, so it gives them some flexibility. But they also have a proven good point guard now like Black at that backup point guard position, you know what I mean, brings length, he brings size, he brings pace, he brings consistency, and you'll get Suggs back, So you don't want to have like Cole Anthony KCP you know, at that particular number. So I do think it's a good move in the interim for Orlando to address, you know what I mean, the lack of scoring.
Speaker 2: M H.
Speaker 1: I've always felt I've been a fan of Bane, but I've also said that Bane is your second lead the scuare. I don't feel like you're a championship contender when I say that, with all due respect, but to that point, I feel like he's a great third score for this team that twenty twenty points, five assists, five rebounds, someone like you say, consistent, knockdown shoot. I don't think it's much pressure will be on him to score like he needed to score in Memphis, so that you know, it'll just be able to flow. But with Polo being the man and then Bogner being another All Star right next to him, I think he's a perfect third option.
Speaker 3: I agree, and it's either him man. He's going to a tax free stage. They got a young team, the business, the business bization, so I think it's a good move for him. What I do think that it's a rebuild for Memphis, right, and so you have my next question forecast what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: What moves are they gonna make?
Speaker 1: Is Jared Jackson? Is Jaron Jackson or jaw No, let's let's get to it now. I mean, is Jaron Jackson or Jaw something that they should talk about.
Speaker 2: I think. I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like obviously Jaws off court trouble drain this team. I feel like them not paying Dylan Brooks this team. And I was kind of it for that team, you know what I mean, Like they had a good two year run where we're looking at Memphis like, oh shit, there's a new sheriff in town. Obviously, I feel like Joah can get back to that point. He's been a little injury riddled. Jared Jackson, someone who's twenty two a game, you know, two time defensive Player of the year, one time defensive player, one time defensive player of the year, but you know a defensive player the Scortes twenty three game. Do you see Memphis cleaning the house and starting over?
Speaker 3: And I think they have to look when they fired their coach, when they fired him, at the time in space where they fired him, I think, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they made it very clear that they're in a rebuild.
Speaker 3: All the Western Conference teams are trying to add to their arsenal, and I think that they're in a rebuild situation because I don't believe the players on that roster truly believe in the new direction that they're going. Obviously, Jah has had pro problems off the court with some of his antics, and he's had injuries on the court that have an impact on the game.
Speaker 2: So I think it'll be good.
Speaker 3: You know, if I had to choose between Jah and Triple J for the for the Griz to kind of part ways with, I would like to see that, you know, Job move on to maybe a bigger market, you know, a bigger opportunity, a new infrastructure, and get him out of Memphis, because I think they can get a lot of value for him. But I think Jay Triple J is one of those players, you know, who's more trustworthy.
Speaker 2: From a demeanor standpoint then Jah.
Speaker 3: I think John needs a fresh start to get some infrastructure in him to get to that next level, you know, in a disciplined way. So I just I think they're in a total rebuild at this moment in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Interesting Jared Jackson, two time All Star, two time Blockchamp, three time All Defensive Team and twenty two twenty twenty three Defensive Player of the Year, so they'll be an interesting team to pay attention to this summer. I heard Sean Shams Shams. Shams talk about two or three weeks ago. He feels like this is going to be an explosive offseason with a lot of people. Should be fun on the move before we get off this trade. Do you feel what do you feel Orlando with this pickup? Obviously with Tatum out, how do you feel Orlando stacks up in the Eastern Conference? Obviously Indiana's in the finals Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think a ton of people believed in them. It's interesting to see what they're going to be doing. But do you think there's an opportunity for you know, Orlando to be a top four, top five team?
Speaker 2: Yes, system I do Eastern Conference.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 3: I really think Orlando has an opportunity to take another step.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a leap, you know, to the top of the conference.
Speaker 3: No, but I think they have a step to get better than they were this past season. And I think Bain will do that for them if they can stay healthy. Right because they went through the playoffs without Subgs. Who's their league guard and what he brings to the table A lot of time doesn't show up in the stat sheet. That guy's a former football player, So he'll run through a wall, So a lot of the physicality. A lot of times we think of physicality as a big man in a front court thing, but that guy brings physicality and mentality from a point guard position. So I think getting him back, they'll have their quarterback back. And I think Bain brings some consistency and some professionalism and some leadership that he doesn't get a lot of credit for because at the end of the day, Memphis is a small market and so we don't really know, you know, on an elite level how good Bain is. But if you ask around, and if you watch the tape, and if you look at the analytics and the numbers, Bain has been proven and I think he improves them offensively on a team that was what you said twenty seventh in the NBA. So I think they've gotten better in the interim. Now what happens with those picks and who comes out of that draft.
Speaker 2: We can't see, yep.
Speaker 5: With Orlando's second best defensive grading in the NBA last season, and Palo missed almost forty games.
Speaker 1: Over year, So you heard Polo missed forty games, Froan missed over twenty and they had the second rated best defense in the NBA. So it's gonna be interesting to see what Orlando can do uh this upcoming season. Speaking of trades, Kevin Durant's name has been hot the last handful of days. Possible destinations Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, there are probably a few other out there. I'm here in the Knicks, possibly Minnesota. Don't see why. I don't think you'd probably go to Minnesota. But who do you feel like would be the best team to not only receive Kevin Durant but not have to gut their team to do it. Out of the teams, I listed two teams.
Speaker 2: That kind of stick out to me when.
Speaker 3: I think about the salary cap and the eighty five percent of matching up those deals are the Spurs. They have a lot of draft capital, they have a lot of young talent, and they have an opportunity to be one or two pieces away from getting to a next level. And they come from a high pedigree, you know, franchise and now Pop has like you know, left the sideline and elevated, so I know Pap is gonna, like, you know, be ready for that. But the Spurs in the Heat really stand out to me. Those are two intriguing organizations that I think will be into Kevin Durant Sweet Steakes and just being in South Florida at this moment, I think, you know, our city could benefit from having KD in southast.
Speaker 2: I think any city can benefit for having KD.
Speaker 1: I like San Antonio, but I'm gonna keep it in Texas and also go with Houston. I think Houston has the assets, young pieces, and I think Houston's issue was that consistent guy, the guy you know, every single night with Katie evers twenty seven a points game this year. So even if it's twenty five twenty six next year, that consistent twenty six a game night. If I'm not mistaken, he only missed with eighteen to twenty games this year, so he was he was available. To your point earlier, I think Houston would be a great landing destination.
Speaker 2: But I totally agree. I just couldn't give up Thompson, you know, and they got to figure out what I think Thompson's off the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thompson is off the table. They got to kind of figure out what they're gonna do with Fred. But yeah, no, Houston would be a great destination And back to your point, man, Like, yeah, Kevin Durant gets buckets. He's always he's a walking bucket. But like, what's underrated about KD is his defensive versatility. Defense, you know, his ability to protect the rim, his ability to switch out on the perimeter and guard smaller defenders. He brings a different level on the defensive end that I don't think he gets enough credit for. And so like, whatever happens at this point in Kd's career, I just want to see him get in a position where he can he can continue to build on his legacy because he's a legacy player and his resume speaks for itself.
Speaker 2: Agreed. Will KD be top ten when it's all setting up? Oh?
Speaker 3: Top ten, boy, that's tough. You know, that's tough, man. Let's not go there like ibs. You know, top twenty, you know what I mean? Like, you know we can make you know, we can make that. That's an easy dude. Top fifteen, we can debate that. But top ten, Oh, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Steph. Will Steph be top ten when it's all sitting hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, Steph is number two all time? You know, as a point guard.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, And I know it's a hybrid position right now.
Speaker 3: But when you talk about resumes, legacy, you know what I mean, impact on the game, marketability, durability, all those different things. Like you know, to me, Steph is number two behind Magic Johnson, A's point guards.
Speaker 2: And we can fight about it. Imagine I'm not even arguing with you. Can you imagine what Steph would have did if you.
Speaker 1: If the Nike deal didn't get botched, he would probably have one of the greatest shoots selling shoes of all time if that Nike deal would have went through.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know, but you know it's it's a part of his journey man. You know, to think about Steph Man, he's played, He's played in multi generations. So when Steph first got in the league, we used to can hand check Steph. He couldn't move around as freely. He had ankle injuries early. And he's a guy who like continue to grow and get better. And so that's motivaation for guys in the league.
Speaker 2: Now. It's not like how you start.
Speaker 3: It's like finding a rhythm, finding a fit, finding your niche and mastering that. And I don't think anybody's mastered their craft better than Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: Sparks the Fire presented me by Roe Sparks fast Acting, long lasting ed treatment.
Speaker 2: I guy.
Speaker 1: Stephen A got caught slipping playing solitary during the NBA Finals, claiming it was during the commercial break.
Speaker 2: Sparks are Fire.
Speaker 1: Stephen A is over here bullshitting on his phone playing games while the game is going on.
Speaker 2: Is that Sparks or fire?
Speaker 3: You know what that is somebody who has such a big capacity to be great and always.
Speaker 4: He's got to figure out ways to you know what I mean, Like, you know, disconnect from.
Speaker 3: The grind during the game. Huh, during the game. Let's say it's Sparks Dog, It's Sparks Broka.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You have to actively pursue you know what I'm saying, your relief.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: The only reason why I'm going to say it's fires because Kevin Durant is the one that posted it. Yeah, and you know how KD is man ultimate of the troll game.
Speaker 2: I love it. I absolutely love it. Real quick before I get you out of here.
Speaker 1: Did you get a chance to catch any of the big the World War Big Three this past weekend? Boys out there, huh, I've watched there tripping our boys.
Speaker 2: Stack said you better google him.
Speaker 1: I heard Stack was about to get beat up. I didn't get to see the whole situation. So he was supposed to come on the show and talk about that, but I heard Stack almost got some pause. But on so Stack, I need to know what's going on. But there was a scuffle with Stack where he on the court, and then let him know after the game, and then Lance Stevenson and Dwight Howard got into a little scuffle.
Speaker 2: But overall, there was.
Speaker 1: Some good games out there that got some new talent out there shout out their seas in Montrez Harrold.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of solid players.
Speaker 1: Mike Beasley, coming off his massacre of lands, came out in week one of the Big Three and obviously did his thing. So what was your takeaway from the Big Three this opening weekend?
Speaker 2: So a couple of takeaways.
Speaker 3: The first takeaway, it was extremely entertaining, Like there's a lot of guys who are on and off the court, on and off the court like it extremely entertaining. There's a lot of guys who still got that shit with him. They can still hove yes, So I love that part of it. I think what has happened too to the Big Three is that they've implemented this like there's this like troll part of basketball that has like kind of come along the way that is borderline disrespectful with the antics and things like that, and like at the end of the day, you know what I mean, I don't like those particular answers. I like competitiveness, I like toughness and all that, but like dancing and grabbing and you know what I mean, doing too much and pointing and touching and all that, Like I don't really like that. I don't think that's the best representation of what that lead could be. So I think that's a way that they can improve, you know. From that, going back to Stack real quick, Like, look, if you run up on Stack, you just better be you better be prepared, you know, for a long time already.
Speaker 2: So at the.
Speaker 3: End of the day, like I know, he's a og, you know what I'm saying, And he's in his retirement and he's like elevating and he's doing things. But Stack does a lot for us, you know what I mean, on and off the court from a motivational standpoint, from a success standpoint, from an opportunity standpoint, and so like for anybody to have come with Stack, to me, it's disrespectful to what like a real true og is. So like they need to check that shit at the door, because, like he said in the locker room, like I know the calls that I get from y'all. Right, he ain't throw no names out there or anything like that, but like y'all know, Stack could give you the shirt off of his back, so he shouldn't have to even be in war mode anymore. I think they gotta tone that shit down a little bit as far as some of the antics and just who because they got a good product, They got a great owner over there with ice Cube. Now you have Hall of famers coming to your game to extend everybody's brand, to make money and to brail your network and things like that. And we don't need a lot of the bush league shit, like leave that shit to the YouTubers and all that, not to minimize what they do, because I enjoyed that, just not from those particular guys. I don't want to see Hall of Fame, the white and Lance running the fade. I just don't want to see that. I want to see compete. I want to see him dounk. I want to see him be athletic. I don't want to see them like tussling, going into the crowd and things like that, because we all know that at some point that doesn't have a positive impact on the brand. It might have a positive impact on like the street cred and the clicks and things like that, but for that lead to sustain, it.
Speaker 2: Needs to be sterling. It needs to be run the right way, and.
Speaker 3: They need to focus on the talent and the marketing and do community work and enjoy the victory lap.
Speaker 2: This is a victory lap for those guys.
Speaker 1: Shout out ice Q, happy belated birthday. Birthday just passed, but man, shout out Big three. Yes again, whether you liked it, loved it, or hated you watched it, there's a lot of action on and off the court.
Speaker 2: I'll make it. I'll definitely be tuning in next week. I'm going in Miami. They coming to Miami soon, Great, I'll be there. I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing some shit when they come to LA I think in August. So again, shout out Q man that that league the grind he's put in for that lead to be where it's at today is very commendable. Man, So shout out to our brother k D. Man, I appreciate you stopping by. The season is winding down, but we still have a couple more shows. Man, I will catch up with you soon, my brother.
Speaker 4: All right, cham always good to see you, bro.
Speaker 2: Just let your soul glow, sir, Come on now, yeah, just let your forehead grow. I mean li man, I'm going to Turkey. I'd be alright eventually. Man, Man, come on now, come on now.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here, our partner's over at DraftKings Pick six final is closing out Game six. DraftKings Pick six, I will have Shaye Sga gonna have more points in the DraftKings Pick six app as a map. And last but not least, I have Halle rebounding off a tough overnight to score more points in the DraftKings Pick six app as a man.
Speaker 2: That's a wrap.
Speaker 1: You can catch us on the DraftKings Network and the all the Smoke productions you Tube.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys next week.