Speaker 1: As they just found one hundred and twenty eight new moons on Saturn I think in total Saturday. Oh yeah, it's approaching four hundred moons that just hang out around Saturn.
Speaker 2: These are point come on, yeah, yeah, what is Saturn? The wu tang of fucking planets? You just found new members all these orbiting like yeah, yeah, I'm not part of Saturn. Yeah, what's what track are you on? The album is a different album, but it had a logo on. It had a Saturn ring of Saturn logo.
Speaker 3: I had some ad libs in the background of Cappadonna's third album, Hello the Internet and Welcome to Season three, seventy nine, Episode.
Speaker 2: Four of Guys.
Speaker 3: There's a production of iHeart Radio. It's a podcast we take deep to have into America Shared Consciousness. And it is Thursday, March thirteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: It's almost high Day, It's almost Hie Day, but it's actually National Dermatologists Day and National Jewel Day, National Canine Veterans Day. Oh sorry a cab also includes Veterans, National Coconut torch to Day, National Bits American Day, National Open An Umbrella Indoors Day, and National ear Muff day, No further questions, now, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm sober these days, so I don't do a lot of like rock and roll things. But one thing I'll do, I'll open motherfucking umbrella indoors.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'll do that ship under a ladder. Yeah, dude, I'll walk right under a ladder.
Speaker 3: Don't even give a ship.
Speaker 2: Did you have any that fuck with you? Like, any superstitions that you know?
Speaker 3: I actually don't do any of the superstitious stuff.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I don't want to pluck. That's not true. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna fuck my life up. Come on, man, what do you think I am? Oh, that's why you almost passed out when we were driving in that tunnel the other Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just hold my breath in tunnels and past past cemeteries, and it's bad for the people who are in the car that I'm driving, you know. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host.
Speaker 2: It's mister Miles Gray. It's Miles Gray. I'm out here just like everybody else. And do I have an aka uh yeah, I'm still the showgun with no learn lakers. Now that I'm back in California, I feel like my blood pressure has dropped slightly. And that's not because of the stress of being in Texas. It's just because I'm eating less salt. Oh my fingers have I have stretched my wedding band out to the point that her Majesty thought something suspicious was going on. But I told her it's purely my swelling from the salt intake. That's nothing else, nothing diffair.
Speaker 3: The food in Texas, it's no joke. It's it's uh yeah, it's heavy.
Speaker 2: But you know what, frot bro I had a fried chicken's hair was at the air for that was so fucking good. That's when I had to lean into it. I'm like, why get a salad? And I'm like, lean into what they're doing. I'm like, you know, they're not going to fuck up something deep fried And I was so that book lean In is about I was about doing for meretheesy Well. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat, Miles by a hilarious and talented comedian, podcaster artist who hosted the classic podcast, Professor Blastov. Yeah space Cave was also a great one in the podcast Intercepts, which you should go check out on David Huntsburger dot com as well as I think there are some some of the specials, some of his artworks and his animations, which smart place for him to put all of that, because that's his name.
Speaker 3: Please welcome the brilliant, the talented David Huntsburg.
Speaker 1: Oh what a welcome. Thanks fellas. Good to be here and great to have you. I used to live in Texas. I agree with all the assessments of the food, and also not particularly superstitious. However, what I've started doing is when I'm watching a movie and it's intense someone has to dive down to rescue someone and they're clearly not able to breathe, I will at home hold my breath to see, well, how hard is this? I just immediately start going, all right, we'll see, we're in for it, and then I'll hold it. And usually the scene, even though it seems intense and their eyes are getting all big, like thirty seconds in general, then they use editing and make it seem like, are.
Speaker 2: You also like expending energy while zero? No, see, that's the thing you're keeping your need fortag and much lower. And you're like, I don't see what the big deal was. I didn't swim down fourteen feet, And.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm assuming because I have nothing at stake. It's actually harder for me.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: If you're in that situation, you have no choice right now, and yeah, you come up with something, your body's like, you're gonna need this air, whereas me, my body's like, why aren't you breathing, idiot, You're just sitting on a couch. Go ahead and breathe.
Speaker 2: Hey, dumb dum dude, what are you doing? Do you keep it going when they cut away? Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then if I lose, if I come back, and there's still like, well this this is absurd.
Speaker 2: This movie's bullshit fucking done. Watching the Abyss, David one of my favorite curious mind you know, so that somebody who's open to all possibilities interested in space UFOs.
Speaker 3: Before we started recording, we were just talking about drones and you mentioned that you have an experience seeing something inexplicable in the sky, which I do not have. I just believe in it out of a sheer like wanting it, wanting to believe. But you've seen some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like my default setting is very skeptical, like have you seen this? I should be more open to like ghosts, but I've never seen a ghost. So when someone starts a ghost story, I'll be in rapture like, well it's crazy, but then deep down like crazy yeah, yeah, exactly, dealing with a lot right now. And then I saw this thing in the sky like I was telling you super speed forward and then do an abrupt ninetygre return in the sky. And I had a on Space Cave my science interview podcast, I had a skeptic on who is then, like you know, often when people see that it's actually like a bug or something, And I thought, man, I can't believe, like I'm I trust my brain a lot, and so now when I see a bug in the air, like at night, I will turn to whoever's next to me, like that's a bug right beside.
Speaker 2: It's a bug. And it's so.
Speaker 1: Insulting that someone would think that what I saw could anyway it was a bug.
Speaker 3: Yes, instinctively, yes, I do not believe in ghosts. I don't believe in Bigfoot personally, like those just don't don't interest me. I've never heard the story where I'm like, oh, yeah, that is so like I you know, it just hasn't crossed over for me in any of those situations. But the UFO sightings and like specifically, they just broad array of different types of people, different circumstances where they've seen wild shit and like very similar to what you described where it was like accelerating at a speed that you were like, well that because you were you were like skywatching. You were like looking at a sky that was like very beautiful because of a lack of light pollution. You're in, you said, Minnesota, and you were like, wow, you can like see the satellites. You can see all the plane, all the all the stars obviously, and then one of them was just moving too fast and you were like it.
Speaker 1: Was just bigger and brighter and closer, you know, like you see all the satellites go by at a pace you get used you see the planes go by and the blinking lights, and then you just see something. You're like, that's that caught my eye because it was different. It's just a little faster, a little brighter, and so I was probably tracking it for a second or two, which doesn't seem like a lot, but if you think about yourself moving across the sky. Then then that thing just hyper drives away.
Speaker 2: That was weird.
Speaker 1: And then it did like a ninety degree turn at the end of that, which really made me be like, what did they just see?
Speaker 2: Could?
Speaker 1: I don't know how even if it was a bug, it's still bizarre. I mean, what the fuck bug was that?
Speaker 2: Then that bug is an alien famously fly in ninety degree patterns, All yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, Like, it's it's the range of sightings, the reliability of the people I've heard who talk about it, and you know, they.
Speaker 2: Just like, these are trustworthy people.
Speaker 3: And then also the skeptic like what the skeptics say in response being like, yeah it was probably bug. It's like I don't I don't think so, Like that doesn't scan to me at all, Like that just doesn't feel it feels off to me. Anyways, David, we're thrilled to have you here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're going to talk about the Full Court Press Tesla infomercial that we've been seeing from the Trump administration and just the right wing right now. You know, I think Hannity is doing a tesla away right now. But we we got that Trump Musk White White House front lawn infomercial that was was something else. The whole car is computer. Wow. Wow, everything's computer. Everything's computer is an all timer. That's that's not going anywhere. Unfortunately. We're going to talk about mack mood Khalil is still being held, still being charged with a crime. A judge is looking into it at the moment. But this is again just a kind of mind boggling escalation. So somebody being you know, the Trump administration is trying to deport someone for saying things they don't like. They have not charged him with a crime. It's just because he was involved in organizing the Columbia University protests. So just well, we'll keep checking in on that story because it demands it. We'll talk about American companies entering the find out phase, all of that plenty more. But first, Dave, we we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I was, Uh, I was telling you, well, as usual, you know, like I think in years past, I never really had anything saved but then and I've gone even dude in response to all this stuff. I mean it's probably been the last couple of years, but particularly since the election. I'm off all the stuff, so fucking mad at these tech guys. I'm mad at the Nazi salutes, a mad at.
Speaker 3: The appeared to some to be great gestures, awkward gestures, awkward gestures that just keep happening by accident, and everybody's making a big deal about it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, then they keep doing a little nod, a little come on, come on, it's.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, yeah, you heard me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And uh so I've moved over to duck duck Goo. I'm eventually probably get to like molvad VPN, like some sort of browser that have to pay for, but for now just using like Firefox. I haven't moved over to Libra Wolf, which was just still a fork of Firefox. I don't even know if you can like escape it the triad of browsers, but all the security stuff with that and the extensions. And so I'm using duck Ducko, which I really like. There's no AI infused into it. And I think the last thing we were talking about that I searched was I was writing a sketch about and I used the word payload, and I want to make sure that I understood what the term meant. And when I searched payload, it had a whole bunch of stuff about drones. The drone dorks are really into, like, you won't believe the payload of this drone you could lift. And I shouldn't call them dorks, but Hobby's enthusiast. Yeah, yeah, they're they're enthusiastic about the drones. And I it never really occurred to me. I would think it would be like the camera resolution and getting into like six K and hate K stuff. But it's the payload and you if you want to start a delivery service, this drone can do it for you.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing. Oh, people actually being like, yo, I'm trying to start a delivery service with drone? Is best to like, yeah, this one? Is it regulated by that season?
Speaker 4: I don't worry.
Speaker 1: The little bit that I read about it. It wasn't people chiming in the comments because I was really I think it's just a feature they listed that no one seemed to care that much about it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's probably because of the cameras you can attach to it, so you can go to like larger format cameras rather than like GoPros or those kinds of things.
Speaker 1: But and just being able to lift itself, you can go higher, and you know you can the bodyweight of the camera itself. But yeah, you're right, like you could you could attach like a full jib to the bottom of this and not miss a beat. Stuff like that. But I think that was my last search was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just saw one that has a one hundred kilogram payload capacity, which that seems like a lot. That's two hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: When's some asshole gonna make a suit that they can hook up to a drone and just try and fly themselves somewhere to be like, Yeah, I just hooked this up to I drone and I only weigh about ninety kilos, So I'll use this to fucking zoom me across town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm immediately thinking about school drop off when I when I read these, just like you get my kids to school.
Speaker 2: You know, the one rotor is really it sounds like it's really taxed dad, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Now you guys combined are barely ninety eight kilos get in there. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? Again, going to the text stuff, I really think that open source software, Lenox, the decentralized web, the fetti Verse, Mastodon, pixel fed, so these these things that cannot be purchased by billionaires where there is like an actual community that's not just aggregated out of an algorithm to you and proliferated with ads.
Speaker 2: Right, what's the fetti verse fans? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, that's how it so blues Guy is on an open protocol and these things I don't fully understand completely. The the fetti verse is on the activity pub protocol, which is the equivalent of you know, how your email can reach every other email account, like you could send from AOL to Gmail to proton or whatever. So you can you can follow people through different and interact with people through different social sites. So like of pixel fed hashtag, you could follow it through Mastodon or peer tube, which is like their version of YouTube. So it's it's more it's reliant on donations and people chipping in and helping, but it's also people volunteer and just run servers, and so it's a little more socialized, so it's it's not impenetrable, but it's certainly a little more insulated from getting billionaireed, getting musked, you know, having what happened to Twitter.
Speaker 2: Awesome, getting just so good thing. It's like it's like X on steroids.
Speaker 5: Dude, Southwest, Yeah, oh man, we're down at south By Southwest during like the interactive part where like all these people with like pink lanyards are just like walking around with just the hungriest eyes trying to make eye contact with you. How you guys, ask you what you think about AI and this new corporate landscape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say that is something that's overrated. I'm so sick of that, like being perpetuated as though. I mean, when you start a community, you have a town of have you ever driven through a small town there's like fifty people, you know, like they have a post office. You're like, how the fuck are they doing this? And they're basically all just trading around a million dollars. Maybe they're happy with it. And then to get to get bigger, you have to like create this new horizon, new landscape. So you're developing, you're growing, you're growing, and I think they've kind of run out. They've sold us on this idea that it's just gonna keep going and AI is the next frontier and we're going to create so many jobs. And then today Google just laid off a ton of people. Their last or earnings were like twenty six billion dollars. I mean, get out of here.
Speaker 2: None of that ship with stock performance, Dave, did you see the stock performance?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's what I care about. The shareholders. Bless their hearts.
Speaker 2: Ye jobs, Shit, it's not because a Trump fugging the economy will just fire these people to keep our stock price up.
Speaker 3: Good good, good on these layoffs are going to put their stock price on steroids. Man, it's going to be like Google stock on steroids. Yeah, and their employees talk about putting things on steroids. I feel like, yeah, the idea that everything needs to grow forever and ever is like I remember that when we started the website cracked and like we were like growing and we were like, man, this is like a good size for this, Like we have a good team, we have like a good amount of like let's just.
Speaker 2: Like chill here for a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, just get good, get good and better at like what we're currently doing.
Speaker 2: Well, and like telling that to the.
Speaker 3: Parent company that owned us, They're like, no, how do you how do you scale?
Speaker 2: How we put this bad boy on steroids? Dude? How do you know? All right?
Speaker 3: So you guys are like doing way better than we ever thought was possible. Uh, how do we one hundred x that?
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you talking about? How do I one hundred XU by next year? That's the question.
Speaker 3: I need you eating, breathing, sleeping. So yeah, I think when that is your entire civilizations like DNA for a number of years, Uh, it's gonna it's gonna lead to weird, weird places. And I would say we're in weird places right now. And just how refreshing the idea of a small town where everybody's just trading around the same million dollars sounds.
Speaker 2: To me right now? Is probably it's probably a problem.
Speaker 3: Really suggests that there's something at large that's not not quite right with.
Speaker 1: I think everyone feels it to some degree, though, because I think that people do. I've been trying to, like I think of how when self help books come out, or when people like have a ted talk and they'll do some little like snippet or phrase a little axiom they have mine lately is like mayke a little bit harder. And I think of like like two thousand and five to ten inch, when all this tex stuff was just kind of starting and going back to there and be like, all right, it clearly blew out of proportion and made trillionaires and they don't give a shit about anyone else, and this wealth disparity is nuts, and people do miss that idea of like wait, wait, there are way more businesses like you could see brick and mortar businesses. Did everything have to get applified? Did I? I mean we all hated Blockbuster Video. We all hated like walking in there and getting the late fees because you couldn't drive over when you were sick to return your thing. And that was a bad version of how they did it. But then you think of I used to like call ahead to a restaurant and go pick stuff up. I didn't have to have like a car service swing by and grab it for me, and everything getting applified on that level, like every delivery you get everything being like I'm just at my computer all the time and like life is coming to me from these apps I use.
Speaker 2: And I mean there's still an advantage in calling a restaurant because a lot of the times they change their prices for those apps. So yeah, it's funny when I look in like my phone book that has been like based in like you know, like Google Calendar whatever for like years, Like all of the numbers that I have, and there's so many are restaurants that I used to just call up straight up and just make my order and then go pick up. And like, as I scroll through, I'm like, damn, I don't It's just that shit is gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've tried to get back into that and just little things like make it a little bit harder and just going back to kind of a two thousand and eight sort of Yeah, I can call and swing by. It feels it feels a little more like that little town as opposed to like living in this gigantic future world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, giant hive mind, where what what content are you going to can tribute to the giant iive mind? And yeah, they just removed all the friction from everything, which is what we thought we wanted. Like it's what like even now when I like wake up, I'm like, oh, that's like I have to see people today like that I don't want to do that, Like I don't want to you know, the stuff that I'm not looking forward to is the friction. But then that turns out to in retrospect be like the best parts of life that was there, the texture that was exactly that was, oh you mean life. They just removed all of the contouring and different.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see anybody day so like in that version of the ideal world just being in some like matrix style pod where it's I just take my body heat and run the computer.
Speaker 3: But I feel like that's that's how I view things, Like what at my worst moment where I'm just like I just don't want to like risk anything. I don't want to, you know, it's just my laziest, worst inclination, and it always like I now know that that's the wrong instinct, Like I need to fight against that instinct, but I feel like they have used that instinct to just make our lives more and more closer and closer to the just being.
Speaker 2: Getting out of bed. Look what happened? You got to eat salad pot pie? That's right, Salad in Texas were salad pot pie. Miles term.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break, and when we come back, we're gonna talk about some news.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back.
Speaker 3: We are we did it. We made it back.
Speaker 1: I'm still here too.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's here holding on. He's barely holding I tried to not come back. I was like, I don't know. That sounds hard. That sounds hard. That sounds like friction.
Speaker 3: The recording the rest of this episode, let's just leave it in a forty five minute long ad.
Speaker 2: Let's just all go uh huh uh huh uh huh for the next forty.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about the infomercial. First of all, you know, we we've been talking about this crazy thing that's happening that the media is like trying to get their mind around. But like the Testless like stock is not doing well because they're like not selling as many cars around the world.
Speaker 2: Why is that and why?
Speaker 3: Uh So we're trying to figure gesture we're trying. Then we'll mention that in the fourth paragram, the words under the we're going to focus on Doge and we're going to be like his complex policies uh and controversial leadership style chaos. Yes, but yeah, it's it is, it's the Nazi car. Nobody wants to drive a fucking Nazi car. I feel like we just like it's pretty straightforward that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is that other stuff too, but it is when they talk about, oh, and especially in the European market, really what happened in Europe like eighty some nineties, can we can we just do a run back? And their problem is that does that have a great Are people really warmed up to the Nazi brand in Europe? Because I don't think so. That might be a huge issue too. But again, it could just be.
Speaker 3: Even like the Nazis keep their Nazi like plates or whatever shit they have, like their Nazi guns like hidden away in a weird like basement compartment in movies, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, unless your billionaire, in which case you're like, in which case you're like, these.
Speaker 3: Are curios call curios term, Yeah, check out my Nazi curios.
Speaker 2: Some of the sick as Nazi curios you've ever seen. This is Ryan hard Heidrich's notebook.
Speaker 3: So as things are going down, the whole trump Elon kind of meta brand seems to be recognizing that that might be a bad look for them, and so they're they're trying to stem the bleeding with a super sick infomercial on the on the front lawn of the White House where that you know, there was just a tesla there and Donald Trump was seeing a tesla for the first time.
Speaker 2: But dude, they were so fucking awkward for it. Again, the whole thing was so awkward because again, you're like, I can't believe you guys are actually going to do a literal tesla commercial right now with complete with like the first person who had a question, it was so clear it was just some sick of journalists who just went, President Trump, are you gonna be buying releasing today? That was the first fucking question that came out from the from the report. And He's like, oh, definitely buying, but I can't drive car. I'm not allowed anymore to drive car. That he because apparently you know, obviously I think it's maybe just the fact that he doesn't drive ever. But he was just saying, I'm just gonna sit in the car. But then it got so awkward as you just doing the same thing we saw with like Elon on Hannity when he's like, I'm just trying to save people like the government. Trump just didn't hold He's a patriot, what a great man. Everyone should support this man. That's why I'm buying this. Ignore the Nazi stuff. Just please buy car. And then he was giving off the fucking like sales numbers and shit, and a photographer caught like what he was holding in his hand, and it was just the literal sales figure, like what the entry price was for all these cars as if again it was a literal fucking commercial, like a bullet pointed sales deck for yeah Tesla. Yeah, and it did get can we hear the like? So he walks up.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been in the driver's seat of a car in a long time. It's also so it gives us a great Trump turn, a phrase that I want to comment on. And then at the end he's also so proud of himself for having sat in the car. But yeah, it's like Elon Musk have to be like, so it's kind of like a golf cart. He's explaining a car to him for the first time.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's different panel than Everything's computer. Yeah, alright, that's all that's what I needed. Everything's computer is.
Speaker 6: Such a banger, man, It's not like I mean hate this dude him, and yet he just pulled up from the logo and it was nothing but ship everything everything.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think it's like now it's slowly I think just gonna make me more angry because I can't believe how fucking just unintelligent this man is, that he's there and going it's every because remember he did the same ship too when he's like and Eli's very good at computer. Yeah yeah he did. He had a lie like that, so he gets hung up on the computer as catch all phrase for anything that is in a rotary phone. Basically, my parents are so impressed by like anybody who helps them with technology stuff, Like they they're like on a first name basis with like the geek squad person who set up their computer like seven years ago. Like so to have to have Trump next to Elon Musk, it's a very dangerous situation. I just like that. He's like in your family Christmas photos too, now.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh that's Rick.
Speaker 2: It is fair Yeah Rick, great family growing again?
Speaker 1: Yeah shift alt delete did you know about that?
Speaker 2: I know it's hot keys at the end. Also, like so he sits down, people like.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna take it for a drive, mister President, and he's like, do I take it for a drive?
Speaker 2: I don't know, should I do it?
Speaker 3: Like obviously not, he hasn't driven anything that's not a golf part and then kill everyone there decades.
Speaker 1: I have positive. I don't even know if two decades is accurate. Do you think he's ever driven into Yeah, I don't think as a New Yorker, no need to. And I think like when they kick criticizing like coastal elites, he's elites. But I think true elites like billionaires, the idea that like oh we just opted for the Bentley blah blah blah, Like what are you a fucking peasant? You drive yourself? Yeah, I think it's just doors opening into private cars, into helicopters, into jets, into yachts, and back into the backseat. I don't think he's really been in the front seat of a car potitionally in his life. I don't think he's ever driven. And like, you can't find video of him laughing. I'd love to see if someone can find footage of him like driving a genuine genuinely laughing or drive.
Speaker 2: Open mouth smile. Yeah, but not like yeah, well something, Yeah, No, he's definitely, it's only been probably chauffeurs also got it'd be so funny, just like if one day he had to try and put a car in like gear, yeah, like in front of people and he's like, right, what the fuck? But in a way, where's the go button?
Speaker 3: He he did at that conversation kind of happens in the front seat of the car where he's like, Elon Musk has to be like, do you want to turn it on?
Speaker 2: Do you know how to turn it on?
Speaker 3: Like they're having very awkward I don't and I will not, And then he gets out and goes You think Biden could get into that car.
Speaker 2: He does say that at the end where it's like he's accomplished something or like done something difficult by getting into a car and saying repeating the word beautiful three times and saying everything's computer. It sounds like, Okay, he's getting something. I think at this begin in this club, Elon's explaining the car, it's like it's like driving a golf cut. Basically, it's just like driving a golf driving a golf cart. So it's just literally like the golf cart that goes with It's literally like a golf cart. That goes through. Biden could get into that car.
Speaker 3: I don't exc what the few thinks Biden could get into that car? What does your think he just did? That is hard to do, Like, that's that's an amazing level of white male mediocrity to be like you think, I bet, I bet nobody else could get into that car.
Speaker 2: What do you think Biden can sit down? What can he sit down in a car?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah, I'm pretty sure he could. Like, I't great, but that was other yours the hardest shit I've ever done. But yeah, here he is. I mean, I think the one nice thing about this was that it's so clear that the Tesla stock price going down in all of the efforts to make Tesla as toxic as possible, it's clearly freaking musk out and like Hannity is doing a fucking Tesla giveaway giveaway right now, trying to make the car seem like some shit conserve conservatives want, which is ironic given the amount of energy Trump is spent shitting on electronic vehicles when Biden was an office, being like they're not even good. What are you gonna do with them? You plug Them's? Like, I don't even understand these things. And he was telling I remember when the auto workers are striking, He's like, who gives a shit about like electric vehicle? Like, you guys striking because electric vehicles are gonna take over and you're not gonna have jobs anyway. So it's a massive amount of energy being spent, and not just trying to rehab the brand of Tesla, but even try and go back on all the rhetoric that electric vehicles were stupid coming from Trump. Yeah, and it's just very they're watching them navigate. This has been wonderful, and you know, I think to fully confirm how transactional the stuff was, Maggie Haberman is reporting that, and now we're seeing that, like in the New York Times that Musk has basically pledged another one hundred million dollars to Trump's political operations. So, you know, try as you might. I'm sorry that the consensus is these are Nazi cars that stick now, So yeah, yeah, that's for some reason.
Speaker 3: I don't know how people got it into their head that that's what's going on here, but yeah, I don't It sounds like David, you've been like kind of off mainstream media for a little bit like the they like still really won't acknowledge like how big a deal that was that he did too aggressive Nazi slips. They're still just kind of like.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's I think that's how you're seeing how the media is too completely capitulating to the administration, Like they don't want to keep pointing at the thing that makes this so odious to people, and they just they figure, like if we just pretend we're being like down the middle objective rather than like being like that was a huge thing just given you know, for the historical context of everything, and they don't. But but it also shit's become so bad that Speaker Mai Johnson is now saying that he will look into these quote domestic terror attacks on Tesla infrastructure in dealerships, saying he's going to bring down like the full force of the law on people. So uh yeah, that's that's that's that's really cool. I mean, we're talking about the most thin skinned dickheads over here who.
Speaker 1: Just will And this is just a PSA. If if you go to Tesla takedown dot com the image they have on their homepage, if you just wanted to maybe see about joining in a protest, or setting up your own if you know there's a dealership near you, is a bunch of armed guards in front of a Tesla dealership. It's a pretty striking image in terms of like how thin skinned they are and like not here, get out of here in this sort of peace states. It's a very close look at like what it could become and is very clearly trending toward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that they have no qualms about.
Speaker 1: They have no problem being like, yeah, we just want to get away with it if people keep it keeps stopping us from getting away with it. But the Nazi salute a big one, and then the the Columbia Palestinian kid, I mean everyone, even the most like Second Amendment, you know right now twiddling his thumbs like do I turn in my F three fifty and get a Tesla?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Like that guy should be up in arms about Every person should be up in arms about that. But yeah, like the way the media covers it, like they don't really frame it as though it's as horrific as it really is.
Speaker 2: No right like that, we're fully like they're like, oh, we're disappearing people now for there.
Speaker 1: Did you see today that this was posted on Reddit? So who knows it'll how long it'll stay up there. But it was taken down from Instagram because they're in on it. But the ice in Spokane, Washington breaking the windows.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those people that were on their way to fucking court on the way to court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's gestoppo level stuff. And then for Meta to be like, look, don't need people seeing that to take it down, like we shook a hand, we made a deal at Mari Lago. Got to take this shit down. I mean, it was pretty terrifying to be like, how do you navigate all that? How do you stay informed of it without being a part of it? And and to see it then do you even do anything? People are just kind of like, fuck, I see stuff every day. How don't I fight all of it? What do I So there's a weird feeling there for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it feels like the with my mood Khalil, like this is this has to be a turning point, like this has to be a thing that people rally around because this is so fucking startling, Like so, yeah, I mean the thing I'm waiting for because like, just having read what the police state did during the quote War on Terror, like they charged people with like aiding terrorism on some wild shift like they would be they would like do staying operations with like eighty two year old guys who were like confused and it wasn't clear like that they even knew where they were, like what was going on, and like get them to testify that like they were secretly behind al Qaeda's like attack on nine to eleven, and they like I'm waiting for them to like put together just some trumped up bullshit. But the fact that they haven't, they can't, that they haven't even charged him with anything, makes me think like that would actually be the easier thing for them to do, is to fabricate some fake ass charge. The logic they keep doing is like, well, we're actually doing it on.
Speaker 2: A foreign policy basis, that it's actually a threat to our foreign policy and our like it's again even fucking flimsier when bright you see, like America's great at just trying to fucking block somebody up on some bullshit. But this time it was just purely like yoink and your lawyers don't know where you are right now. It's being reported that he's mostly I think in Louisiana, but hasn't been able to talk to his lawyers. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I mean I think that's the other part too, because it's like watching all of this, right, everyone is so like they're like, yo, okay, this is really bad. Obviously, depending on where you get your news, they might report on it as being like, well, you know, he was a rabble rouser, or other people are like, this is we're crossing over into full on fuckery. But like with the Democrats, you get a couple token tweets of solidarity from them and nothing else. And right now, as this recording, there were fourteen members of the House that wrote a letter to Department of Homeland Security and Christy Nome demanding his release given the obscene violation. The illegal violation was First Amendment rights. But like, fucking only fourteen of you, Yeah, like fourteen of you. There's only fourteen of you signing on to this. And it's one thing, if it's really that fucking big of a deal, then you should all be demanding, like you know, that this man is released over these bullshit fucking charges. But we can only get fourteen Democrats with the fucking spine to actually put their name down on something that demands that we actually would acknowledge the Constitution. So those people are Rashida Talib, Mark Pokan, Nidia of Alasquez, Delia Ramirez, Ilhan Omar, Jasmine Crockett, Summer Lee, Ayana Presley, Latifa Simon, Gwen Moore, Nakima Williams, al Green, Andre Carson, and James McGovern Jim McGovern. Great that you guys passed the low bar. Everybody fucking else, God damn. And you wonder why people are so angry at the Democrats because for how Look, we just talked about how soft the Republicans are and how thin skinned they are, and some of the Democrats are softer than them, and just be like, well, even when we have the actual Constitution on our side, they're just like, I don't know. Chuck Schumer had a thing where he's like, well, obviously his what his politics are so backwards, and I disagree with them, but it is the First Amendment and we have to protect it. It's just kind of really not getting the kind of full throated defense of this man that we really should be from the supposed people who want to be resting control back from the Republicans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back, and we're back, We're back.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so the economy guys, you know right, these dang tariffs. No, it feels like that is a thing that has made the questionable nature of like how this administration is running hit home for a lot of the usual media outlets that we count on to be able to be like, hey, things are bad. Now they're like, okay, you're right, are bad? Things are in fact fucked up here and now we're seeing you know, just it kind of come home for some US companies.
Speaker 4: I feel like as well.
Speaker 2: Well, there's clearly a lot of anger that is rightly being directed at America right now. And you know, Trump's made it very clear that this country is no longer a reliable partner in anything, not even fucking working people over Like no, like we are unreliable, Like we're not even a you can't even count us as a military ally at this point. And I think the most like the most palpable anger is coming from Canada because Trump continued to bang the drum of it becoming the fifty first state and going back and forth and escalating and then de escalating this trade war. But like, there there are a lot of different sort of very kind of specific trends that are happening that are also kind of happening around the world where people are trying to pull back on buying American made products. There was like a survey where like almost twenty five percent of Canadians that were just planning on taking like an easy road trip across the border and now like, nah, fuck that, I'm not doing that shit anymore. But then there's like, also they've got some apps too. This is from the Guardian quote. A slew of apps has emerged with names such as buy Beaver, Makele Scan and is this Canadian maybe works op the first one to allow shoppers. Yeah right, yeah, I guess that's different up there. But it allows shoppers to scan QR barcodes and it'll be be like alert American bullshit, do not buy not even like from everything they say, from alcohol to fucking pizza topics. Wow, So if you're not playing that shit, there's there's an app for you. And it's not just Canada. That's like one very small thing. We're obviously seeing the back and forth over like energy production, but that seems to be settled for now. Like in Europe, they're also just as disgusted. Naturally, Norway's largest oil bunkering company has said it's no longer going to help fuel American Navy ships on the heels of that disastrous Oval Office meeting with Zelenski. Like their official Facebook page, it's like described it as like that shit show that happened in the Oval Office, Like that's their description of it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: In Norway. Yeah, in Denmark, their largest grosser is going to be making our marking European made products, so they black star so consumers have an easier time buying European and an easier time just saying no to American shit. And again it's not just the consumers right and the companies. The EU is now hitting the US with retaliatory tariffs and they are specifically going after Red States. This is from also, this is from I think New Republic quote. The EU on Wednesday announced tariffs on twenty eight billion dollars worth of US imports, including but not limited to, stealing aluminum textiles, home goods, aultral products, aluminium euminium textiles, home goods, agricultural products, motorcycles, alcohol, and even jeans. With a special focus on Republican states. So they're going after soybeans in Louisiana. That's where my that's where Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House is from. And then beef and poultry from Kansas and Nebraska, and produce coming out of Alabama, Georgia, and Virginia. So it seems that the US, like siding with Russia very publicly at the UN over a vote in Ukraine made everyone a little skiddish.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, almost as if the US was benefiting more than anybody else from global free trade and now that they're like attacking people through it and they're like, there won't be consequences, we hold all the cards. Like the amazing thing with Canada is that they're like, we're gonna cut off power. You get like a bunch of fucking electricity from US, and we'll just stop giving you electricity. And Trump was like that's not fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll double your nerves now for anything we send to you electro and then they're like then they're like, all right, forget it, we won't right, and they just stopped. But like it's I think, honestly, it feels like right now just to put it into the parlance of twenty twenty four, it feels like like Trump and America, they're like on the verge of getting not like the not like us by Kenn like this idea that like the run that America has had has made it easy to bully other countries. But now they're like, yo, this this motherfucker looking weak as fuck right now, Like what the fuck is up with these people? And I think that's a that's a that's an awakening that it seems that even conservatives are happening too, because I think in their minds, they really thought they were just gonna elbow everybody out of the way with just sort of the massive buying power of the United States. And now that they're like, no, fuck you, we don't give a fuck. Yeah, go do your fucking clown shit over there. And now it's not as tough as it sounds.
Speaker 1: Do you see shy bombs? How do you say your last name? In Mexico? Her letter and then the like how full that area was, Like yeah of supporters was like two hundred thousand people enthusiastically backing her through approval ratings like over eighty five. I mean, she is knocking it out of the park because she's just singling out like we can change this for this, this, for this, this for this. I think that's what's so hard about seeing Americans not leave any of the stuff. We see Nazi salutes and like I can't and then we're still like fucking mad at the senators. Why can't you stand up for something? And no one leaves their stuff. That's hard to leave. But I like seeing the Canadians like the elbows up or like targeting Bourbon or just specifically, like their whole unification has been really fascinating, Whereas like I feel like everyone here dislikes the Democrats. That should be a rallying cry, where like everyone's like we all like nobody, none of these fucking politicians are doing anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's we I think, like back like a year ago, if you said you don't like Democrats, We're like, oh, because you were a maga person. It's like, nope, because they are fucking They are doing tremendous damage to us because with their lack of action and their lack of spine, and they're on the brink of averting a government shut down because they don't want to be the bag holder, and then they're saying stuff like well, we have so many people already in pain. But it's like, dude, you are they are going doesn't matter what they are going to keep doing this shit, no matter what the fact that you're even like yeah, go ahead, and apparently they'll they said they'll keep funding it at the at the at the levels that we had, you know, in previous in the previous year. There's there's nothing that says that they're going to actually follow through on that.
Speaker 1: You know, like in any sort of situation of like crime, they are like, never go to the second location, fight, kick, do whatever the fuck you out do not ever let someone jumps in your car with a gun, like drive just be like nope, you don't have to fucking shoot me in this parking lot. I'm just going anywhere. Take the keys, throw them out the window, like do it if you're gonna just fuck But like what they are doing.
Speaker 2: As let's see where they're going with this, you know, their whole like I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't vote to shut the government down. I gotta drive out to the woods.
Speaker 3: They might harm me and also maybe there's a treat waiting for me out there.
Speaker 1: They might let me go there and do things the right way once I get there when no one's around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good. I mean, yeah, you're basically all the Democrats who want to act like you know, John Fetterman. He's like, I'm not going to I'm not going to be responsible for that. It's like, no, then you are in league with these people. That's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're driving to the woods, you fucking asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you need me to drive? Actually, because I can do that.
Speaker 2: He's got theman's got the directions. He's like, actually, do a great spot where you can like do a summary execution in the wood.
Speaker 3: Nobody's gonna hear you shoot me in the back of the.
Speaker 1: You went to shallow Graves, dude, let me take you.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me just hit my wife real quick because she's expecting me home for dinner. Let me just like get her off my back so that nobody comes looking for me for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna let me tell her real quick that I'm having second thoughts about our marriage and I'm actually leaving and I'm going to go to the phillip Beans. Don't look like weeks. Actually, should I get on my knees. Should I get in the pit first or should I do it right on the edge? So I just flop into the pit right whatever, like it's you, it's your movie, all right. They're just weirded out there, like you're in directing me. What it's like A Scorsese is a quick to me, like cry before.
Speaker 3: I feel like a nice big flop would be kind of nice, say kinetic, you know, yeah yeah, yeah, uh well, David Hansburger, such a pleasure having you on the daily zeitgeist?
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure to be here, fellas. I'm on Blue Sky until they sell it. They're always posting the valuation. It's like seven hundred million now, so some sinister billionaires just licking their chops to do that. Yeah, but decentralize. I'm on masted on and pixel fed. I like with most social media, I'm not all that active, but David Hansburger dot com has links to like you mentioned all the things I've made, and I do a scripted sketch comedy podcast called Intercepts and you can find that through David Hunsburger dot com. As well as The Space Cave, which is like a science sit down interview podcast as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is there a work of media of any sort that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Huh. So we've like I mean, when I think of like dystopian future worlds and people just sitting there melting into their chairs scrolling through when you see articles where like then Netflix has to say, no, no, we didn't do that. But the article is about how like Netflix is making second screen viewing where the plot is like, oh my god, I can't believe I have to get to Rome by eight am tomorrow or else you're not going to be my girlfriend type exposition nonsense, because people aren't watching, they're just on their phone and oh what just happened? That scares me as to like where people are and that the tech companies need to keep saturating us with stuff. It sucks because so many comedians get these things, Oh my god, everyone's gonna see your stand up thing or whatever. At the same time, we're all just sitting there bleeding into our couches, like dulling our minds. So I've moved off all that shit and made it a little bit harder, and like, uh, we're using like Canopy or Hoopla or like the free library apps to just check stuff out there and watch things a little bit more intentionally. So what was the last thing I loved? Perfect Days that's available through Hoopla from Moving from twenty twenty three about a janitor in Japan, So fucking mellow quiet speaks to like the human condition. Highly recommend Perfect Days.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like good second screen viewing too, right, you could just like knock that out while you're you know, making your own content.
Speaker 1: Not really a lot of subtitles. Oh yeah, yeah, I know, gone, you know, yeah, it's a jesting. Yeah. I recommend that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: And books the Overstory. I've been telling everyone about that. If you haven't read it, Richard Powers, it's about and if you're feeling hopeless right now too, Like think back to old growth deforestation and it wasn't like every person in the Pacific Northwest tied themselves to trees. It was like one hundred people. And then that totally changed how we moved over to Canada, and now Canada is like, well, fuck you guys, you came up here to get like twenty five percent of your lumber. But still We did change our deforesting of old growth forests because of the active work of like a handful of people. So little bits of resistance do amount to stuff. So keep fighting the good fight, folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing, Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Uh, just pretty much all the places with the act symbols, Miles of gray, fine jacket on the basketball podcast, Miles and Jack got mad Man most us. Also, I'm talking ninety day fiance on four twenty day fiance. I do like a few posts. Uh, Jack and I got to meet one of our favorite Twitter personalities over the weekend. Juniper shut out June very fantastic to meet you, and she tweeted at Chuck Shuter sorry. She posted on Blue Sky to Chuck Schumer that said, all caps, let the Republicans shut down the government, let them destroy everything, show the country how inept these people are. Your base with one hundred percent support this, and then she took a screenshot. His account blocked her after treating her after posting that shit. Because it now does sound like Chuck Schumer is also trying to get the Democrats to back the you know, the Continuing Resolution to get the budget going and not shut the government down, and again showing that these people are actually in league with them, not opposing. Gotta work together, gotta work together. And then when I used to eat with strom Thurmon and have breakfast with gerbels you know, dude, milkshakes with gerbels Man. Fuck what happened to us? His name got really hard to say after you drank milk. And then another one is from Andrew Lawrence at n d R eut E skuy not social posted because everyone's doing this new trope on Blue Sky about how like Gavin Newsom's podcast is so fucking backwards because he's having all these conservatives on. So the first one says Gavin Newsom, thanks for joining us on the pod today. Now childcare is obviously difficult. Do you and do you have any suggestions? Casey Anthony, so many, there's so many ones like this when he's talking to everyone. This new construction of Blue Sky Prep Post is fantastic. So yeah, those are my two favorite books that you can get them on.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian and on Blue Sky at Jack ob The number one I like the Blue Sky Post from ed Zitron word has it Doge has terminated the five Men protecting the cursed seal that holds the five Dark.
Speaker 2: Sages and their slumber. It's from eight days, but it still feels it still feels right to me.
Speaker 3: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitkeeist. We're also on blue Sky at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have Facebook campage on a website Dailyzeigicist dot com and you can go to the episode wherever you're listening to it and check out the description, and there you will find the footnotes Nope, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was listening to a new producer named Chesco cesco H and got some you know, sort of like garage, kind of drum and bass roller kind of vibes to it, but very like uptempo and just kind of fun to listen to. This is called flump f l u MP and is by Chessco. So check this one out. It's available everywhere. But it's a good, nice little electronic. Just to get slump. I'll just get a little flump to it. Get your shoulder blades going all right.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The Daily's Eye Guy is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you.
Speaker 2: Listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: That is going to do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you out then.
Speaker 2: Why are you