Speaker 1: To remove Dylan Deep Speedliss.
Speaker 2: From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 2: He's got my avans in the playoffs. What is up Dolphins? And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show.
Speaker 1: The preseason is over.
Speaker 2: I never thought I'd be one to celebrate the end of the exhibition season, but I am ready for regular season Miami Dolphins football. We'll go through the whole thing tonight, the loss in Tampa Bay, some general thoughts, some stats, some hits and misses, and audio from coach as we go across this final game of the exhibition season from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is the Time podcast, Aye daffe.
Speaker 2: Our last time doing statistics on a preseason game until next August. The Dolphins fall twenty four to fourteen in Tampa Bay, and the final numbers, as they usually are this time of year, are not super pretty. Both teams had fifteen first downs, but Miami was three for twelve on third down and the Bucks were one for ten. The Bucks did go three for three on fourth downs compared to Miami's one for four. Miami out gains Tampa Bay across the board total yards three twenty to two ninety, passing two eighteen to one ninety five, and rushing one oh two to ninety five. The Dolphins turned it over once, they were sacked once, did not get a takeaway, and did not get a sack, and they had eight penalties for.
Speaker 1: Sixty yards on the night.
Speaker 2: Some general thoughts here about this game, and this podcast is going to be relatively quick. We will do the roster predictions, uh, the fifty three man roster prediction on Monday. I actually already wrote that out and probably have a couple of changes to make to that before it goes out to you good people, including potentially at the quarterback position. And I hate to have one game kind of make the decision for me, but it kind of seems clear at this point where it's going to go. And I wrote this whole thing for the show on Monday, and I'm going to contemplate whether or not I do it or pull it back and change my approach because I thought Mike White was going to win this quarterback job and now I'm not so sure because it was tough for him out there, and he had more ones than Skyler had to work with, and he had some twos and Skyler had that in the second quarter when he came in with about seven minutes to go in that second quarter, and I kind of had the feeling that that was to give him a look with some players that you're going to see on Sundays this year opposed to practice squad and guys that will, you know, inevitably be cut in a couple of days here when we get the cut down day. And you know, Mike did go against some ones for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and speaking of those ones, blocking vita Vea was a point of conversation for the Dolphins heading into the week, and he made that look like he does for everybody else in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: Thou shalt not pass.
Speaker 2: And I know of that from Jason Siegel from Forgetting Sarah Marshall when he's you know, wasting away his life in his apartment compared to his girlfriend Sarah Marshall on the show. Being a celebrity, an A list celebrity in the acting world.
Speaker 1: But that's what Vitavea is. He is.
Speaker 2: You do not get penetration. In fact, he takes you back where he's needed it all night long. And so I think it's worth mentioning that Antoine Winfield was out there for the Bucks. The entire group of ones for the Bucks was out there both ways, and the quarterback battle went very drastically tonight in the favor of Scalar Thompson. With Mike, you know, I thought it was tough to see what he's dealing with. And this is why I want to kind of take some time to go over the film before I make any final declarations here, because to me, it was just out of rhythm or he would hit the top of the drop, and there wasn't a lot of conviction as to where the ball was supposed to go on schedule. And we heard from Mike McDaniel earlier this week talking about how he doesn't need to see these quarterbacks throwing to wide open receivers, which this offense has a way of generating that through its scheme, and I think that maybe they carried that over into the game action and then when you look at the receivers and one of my biggest complaints about the entire twenty twenty three operation was in critical games and critical moments, trying to get wins from Cedric Wilson and from Braxon Barrios, and from Durham Smyth, and from Robbie Chosen and from Chase Claypool. And that's why I thought it was so imperative to go out and get Johnny Smith and Odell Beckham Junior, and Malik Washington and Jalen Wright and get an expanded role from Devon A Chan because that five sounds a lot better than the other five I just gave you. And that was the case, I think again tonight for Mike White. But again I can't say that for certainly because I didn't have a chance to watch it on film. I hate broadcast angles. They show you five yards down the field, which takes away every you know, pretty much every route in the progression that's not a checkdown or a hookup, and so you couldn't see that, And I couldn't see if it was lack of separation or a shifting picture from good disguise from the defense in preseason.
Speaker 1: I'm inclined to assume the latter is not the case.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to roll out your entire defensive you know, schematics in a preseason game, but I cannot say that for sure.
Speaker 1: It just looked a lot tougher for.
Speaker 2: Him to get anything going than it did last week against the Commanders. Skyler, on the other hand, did a bunch of stuff in the opposite direction of.
Speaker 1: What I thought.
Speaker 2: He kind of was who he had become or who he was at this point of his career, and maybe he can grow, maybe he can get better. I had those thoughts early in camp. I kind of put him off to the side. I think I haven't played a sound drop saying was done with the evaluation there. But he played one of his best games, and not just from a statistics standpoint, which were good obviously in this game, but he had that little bit of creativity that I think endeared himself to the coaching staff and Mike McDaniel and to the fans certainly. But I was more impressed with the reps where he was playing on schedule, and that's what I'm referring to with you know, Mike White and the offense looking disjointed because Skyler hit the top of the drop, the ball came out. That first shot to Anthony Schwartz was a good example of that. The touchdown to Rouchie in the second quarter was a good example of that. I liked that throw to McGowan before the McGowan touchdown where he was I thought a tad bit late, but he mitigated that with reaching back from some extra mustard and finding that seventh inning ninety eight milllion hour fastball.
Speaker 1: You need to put down the New.
Speaker 2: York Yankee slugger with rons and scoring position, right like, that's the you're gonna find your best fastball tonight, and I thought Scylar Thompson found it on that throw, and of course the touchdown outside on the perimeter moving out of the pocket as well back to mcgallan. Really good stuff there from Scalar Thompson. Let's go ahead and hear from coach McDaniel, who addressed this quarterback battle after tonight's twenty four to fourteen loss by the Bay.
Speaker 3: You know, I think Scaler did a great job tonight. I think in terms of you know, the we have a lot of information to take in. I'm not in any position to name fifty three man rosters and or backup quarterbacks or anything. I just I thought that he was competitive and and it was made some plays, you know, and kind of got us going tonight.
Speaker 2: And I full transparency, I've been hard on the player because the tape tells me to be hard on the player. But there's nothing I want more than this team to develop a viable quarterback beyond tow a toungo by Low because it helps make preseason games more watchable, but more importantly, it gives you someone to come off the bench in a critical game that matters and make a difference if you need it. And beyond that, if Tua becomes an ironman of some sort, maybe you get some high draft capital in return. The only outcome of finding good quality quarterback play beyond your starter is positive outcomes, and so that's what I want. And if Skylar can become that guy, I'm all for it. I just don't think the tape has shown that so far. But here's what coach mcdanig had to say about Skyler and the growth that he's seen from him from year one to year three. And coach has the same thoughts that I do with regards to There's some creativity there, which is great, but the next part is traying the craft and learning how to play the position from the pocket and win from the spot where you have to win from in this league.
Speaker 3: He got the opportunity to play early in his career, and you know, I thought, you know, as a as a rookie, he demonstrated some aggressiveness and ability to make plays in this league, and then it's been about, you know, since then, you know, training his craft, really owning the quarterback position within the offense. And I thought, he, uh, this preseason, preseason, he's exhibited growth in what that means. It means you are the leader of the unit that you have to orchestrate, uh, play calls, uh, decision making, all all of those things. And I thought, he's uh, he he took a good step forward tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's finish up the first segment here talking about another position group that we're gonna look at very closely over the coming days. And it's the entire battle on the offensive line, which coach talked about leam Miikenberg in that press conference, and it's that's your right guard.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's what it's gonna be going into the season.
Speaker 2: I had a bit of a conversation with Seth and Juice in the radio about how I don't see it that way. I just I don't understand it. I know that that's gonna be the react on Twitter as well. I do in this situation ultimately put my faith in Mike McDaniel's coaching staff, because what other example do you have to not trust them and have faith in them with regards to said player. So that's what it sounds like, I thought for this offensive line without Leam Mikenberg, and for guys like Rob Jones and Lester Cotton, who are still I think in contention for starting jobs, especially the left guard position with Rob Jones, I don't think Lester Cotton's in the running after tonight's performance, or maybe wasn't at all in consideration when you factor in Aaron Brewer's imminent return with Eichenberg kicking back to the right guard position, and you know, again I've made Gandalf jokes all week about Vida Veya. That was the case tonight, and he had that tackle for Lost Rapper. He just took Jack Driscoll down to Sarasota, which is about forty five minutes south of Tampa, and got the tackle in the backfield a little bit closer to Fort Myers, which is another hour or so south of that, and he does that to Travis Frederick and his prime. He doesn't have to create Humphrey like he does it to everybody. There's no one in the link that can block that guy one on one. So it's not an accurate measuring stick to talk about Vida Veya as the guy you have to be because no one beats that guy. But for Jack Driscoll at center didn't work out for him there he played some right tackles. Well, I don't think that's his spot. I think Jack Driscoll is a right guard. In fact, I think he's the best right guard on the roster rate now. But tonight it was rough for him bouncing across the offensive line. But he was dressed and Liam was not, and that tells you something. I thought it was up and down for Rob Jones, but I love it when he pulls to the play side and runs power. And he's told me he feels more comfortable playing in this system. And the Dolphins did run some power in the game. I thought looked it looked pretty good. And that was his best block of the night was that pull and seal. And they also got good down blocks on that rep from Driscoll and Hayes, but Lester Cotton couldn't get connected to the second level and ran right through a linebacker that would have hooked up for a critical third down conversion and then some for Jeff Wilson, but he missed it, which was the case all year last year at that right guard possession when Robert Hunt was not available, which was for like half the season, So that was frustrating. I hope we don't get back to that point again. A couple injuries away from that probably be in the case. But it just kind of shows you how critical it is to hit all the blocks to make those plays happen. On those run plays where you can get five or six, but if you hit one more block, you can make it fifteen, twenty, maybe even sixty yards for a touchdown. I just don't see it with Lester, I really don't. I don't think drist Goal is anything but a guard. It was a rough night for Andrew Meyer early on. I thought Byron Matt Thows got on there for one snap when Hayes got hurt and got his butt kicked. Hayes kind of got his butt kicked too. I am glad Patrick Paul got almost three full games of reps, and though I thought his second and third game were up and down at best, at best, tonight it was up and down. I think there was a lot more encouraging than there was out and out losses because you kind of could piece together the physical marvel that he is. And they told you this when I drafted him. Even when it's not right, he still scores wins and it's not right all the time. Right now, it's getting better, and it will get better. I hope he can just kind of red shirt this season and maybe go play some extra offensive lineman reps and block some guys in the running game. But because he had another one of those where he got in space and put a huge block on the corner on a Jillen Right run. He had some really good reaction reps on all little delayed blitz where he squeezed inside and had the eyes to get back outside to see the looper and pick him up right there. I thought Chasing Hines and Matthew Jones had two of the better nights. I like seeing the way they reacted to blitzes and games and showed you how they could, you know, really pick up what was coming at them and that's good for young players obviously. So the offensive line still needs some sorting out. But I'm not going to argue again for the twelfth time this month that it's just not gonna matter all that much at the end of the day. But that's the evaluation on tonight. We'll see what the lineup looks like come week one. I think we have a preak good idea. It's probably gonna be Armstead, Jones, Brewer, Eikenberg and Jackson, is my guess, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and close the second.
Speaker 2: We're out here with coach McDaniel, who was asked about the interior line play on either side of the football.
Speaker 3: Is specifically with this this past joint practice and you know, kind of counterbalancing the work that we did a year ago against Atlanta versus what we did this this year. I've been very, very happy with their technical development. Really, both groups have had a ton of a ton of development.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's there's more depth than than uh I think people really appreciate, and there there's a lot of technical growth which is huge in both phases on or on both sides of the ball. For what we do, we we ask guys to be technicians and to commit to certain techniques that other players are depending on and trying to play off of. So I you know, I thought there was a It's been a really good training camp for both of those units, specifically interior.
Speaker 2: We will talk about the roster and the construction of it and on Monday's podcast, and one of the points I'm going to make is I think the depth on this year's football team is a lot better, which given the injury histories of the last two seasons and what we're seeing already in this month with a lot of backups being nicked up and hurt for a long period of time, I think that will prove beneficial to the Dolphins in the long run. But we'll do that more on the Monday edition of the Draft Time podcast. Let's go ahead and take our first break rate there. Come back on the other side. I have two more general thoughts. We have some more soundbites from coach McDaniel. We'll talk about the individuals that popped and the ones that missed. All that next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. My first two general takeaways were the quarterback shakedown and the offensive line look. And the other thing I wrote down here is that I thought the Bucks' first team offense looked like you'd expect a first team offense, and it seemed to me pretty clear they had a goal in mind to get out there and run something of a regular season type of script. And I a lot of the Dolphins for this as well, you know, saying that the two best elements of this team are things that we don't really see in camp, in the scheme, and we saw it last week when they had their running quarterback, and you know, the modern preseason, get the ball out quick, try to get them into a regular season rhythm, go score points, and get the heck out of there and move on to the next week of practice. And I thought their ability to run the football early with their ones got them really good displacement on our guys with lateral displacement in the running game, and then they score or they run screen boot play action game off of that, it kind of confused our guys. They kind of got after a couple of players like Chop Robinson early on, and they executed with their ones against largely Miami's twos to kick things off, and that was expected. I think you expect that for most teams across the National Football League. Last thing here is I thought was really cool for John Embry to get the head coaching opportunity. It was cool to see him get the team going a little bit there in the second half in Jeck some energy into the team in the third quarter and get the doll back within three points. Saw him really getting after some guys Hayden Ruchie got an earfull at one point, and I love their bounce back after a tough start in that game. And Seth Levitt from the Fish Tank Podcast had a great bit on our radio show after the game where he was talking about this concept of allowing somebody else to step up and be a head coach, and he had heard some chatter about this is the same thing that Cam Cameron did, and he made a great point about how when Cam Cameron did it, he had zero games of his coaching to his resume. He had never coached an NFL game before, and the two guys he gave coaching opportunities too had a combine to one hundred and sixty games as head coaches in Mike Malarkey and Dom Capers. What the hell are we doing, and I thought that was really cool. And here's McDaniel talking about the opportunity to get John Embrie, who has not had a chance to be a head coach in this league versus a coach that has now coached two full seasons and two playoff games. And Mike McDaniel, here's coach on the idea of getting Embrey some run with the headset in the second half of tonight's game, you.
Speaker 3: Know, to get better at things. And it's been this is my third year and we haven't ever gone through that exercise, and uh, you know, bottom line is, you know it's still too soon for for my memory from the COVID years, so you just you just don't want to you want to be responsible to the organization. And then as far as John Embry the coach, it was also really cool to give him that opportunity that I think he's overly deserving of. You know, this is a guy that our team really responds to. He had you know, applause, uh when when I notified the team and spoke spoke to the team in several instances since then, and you know it that their response to him is all the reason that uh, he was deserving of the opportunity some he he's a great leader of men and does very well in those positions, and he's had that experience before at the University of Colorado. So it was a good opportunity for our team to and a great opportunity for him.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. Let's move on to the individual standouts. I've talked about the line a little bit in the quarterback play, so we'll skip over that.
Speaker 1: Jalen Wright.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy's speed pops, doesn't it. We also heard Alec Ingold, which, by the way, Alec is fantastic in media. He's got himself one hell of a future after his playing career comes to an end. But he had that comment on right about taking the ball to the block where you set the defender up and then you get back outside to gain extra yards and you get out of bounds. Thought that was really crafty and just kind of showed you some of his quick decision making that pairs with his physical quickness on the field, and that's obviously a very dynamic combo of traits for a running back. My favorite play, though, was another play that shows just kind of the fluid movement skills of Jalen Wright, and it was a catch and run up the sideline in the third quarter where he ran a flair And if flare is where you put your back to the quarterback and you're back to the opposing goal or to your own goal line, I should say, and you run perpendicular to the line of scrimmage. And the way he had this ball take him on the upfield hip and flip those hips and get himself going into a running position towards the correct goal line off of a route that runs you the wrong direction while making the catch off of his back hip. It just all looked very smooth and transition.
Speaker 1: That tells me.
Speaker 2: If I saw that on a college football field, I'd be like, that's an NFL player. And we saw Jeff Wilson do that and it wasn't at all as smooth. In the same operation, he showed some of the running ability on a jump cut where he had to get off of one block in the backfield and he made some guys miss when they got penetration.
Speaker 1: He just pops out there. I think this dude is a future star.
Speaker 2: And a running back room that has a guy that scored twenty one touchdowns and then in my opinion arguably one of the next like Christian McCaffrey type of backs.
Speaker 1: Not that good.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of lofty praise. That's the kind of skills that the a chan has, and I think right is like in that conversation with those backs as well for how good he can be. Another guy that I thought was amazing in this game and tracks to a guy that I was stoked about the minute they drafted him, was Malik Washington. Those manufactured touches are where I think he can really shine right away, and stop me if you've heard this before. You can get him in some advantageous situations if he's on the field in packages that include ten and seventeen or both those guys with OBJ three and four wide packages. Right, and he shows you that punt return ability that he has to get north and south and to find lanes and to quickly chew up grass without going backwards and getting through arm tackles and forcing guys to take bad angles at his tackles. What a punctuation from him on a very solid camp in preseason, and even more impressive to take that stick that he took, come back and make those plays and show that aggressiveness and that temperament. And my favorite art was seeing Tron Armstead and Tyreek Hill checking on him in the blue medical tent.
Speaker 1: That to me tells you a lot.
Speaker 2: Let's go to coach McDaniel, who talked about the game from Maleak Washington on Friday night.
Speaker 3: Oh aggressiveness. He played as though the game was slow to him, it slowed down and was able to get in some space and he you know, I think we hadn't gotten the chance to see his something that we saw in college from him that he put on display tonight, which is his balance and his ability to break tackles and get edges of defenders. So it was cool for him. It was a definitely big spark for us. And I was happy to see him really own the moment. And he's a football player, and I could tell pregame he was he was ready to go bye by him saying it's time and it.
Speaker 1: Was Maleak time.
Speaker 2: And I think the fact that he was out there after Burrios probably tells you where they're thinking. They're with him and Burrios on the roster. I think Malik is higher on the death chart, but we'll see. I'll probably be proven wrong here when the roster cut down a curse. I also thought Hayden Ruccie was really good in this game. Got a little bit dinged up and goes out there and just make some plays. Made a tough catch in the touchdown and it survives some contact. Got some movement as the attached why in the running game, which is what he does every time he goes out there. He got Kyle with his hands outside and that holding call in the third quarter. But I continue to think that his arrow is up and a guy that could be a big contributor on this team down the road, probably a practice squad guy right away. But I like Rucchie's game. Isaiah Max's effort stands out like all the time to me. He had an awesome retrace on a screen that he got paid off because of the effort by Tyndall to get on the outside shoulder of the blocker and force the ball carrier back inside into the flow where he was. And that's why you hustle. If you follow the ball, good things will happen. He had a sack. I think it was a set on trask maybe a TfL because he tucked it and ran it and actually they were zero sacks in the game, so they didn't give him a sack four, but it should have been. But he chucked the left guard out of the club. It was an impressive rep there. I mentioned Tindall really really impressed by Channing Tendall Man. I think he's seeing it faster than he has ever. I think he's reading his keys, understanding blocking angles and his own angle to take on ball carriers and where he can fit inside, where he can jump outside and play a block to you know, force the ball carrier back into his help. He ran through the runners all night long, squared him up, had big, solid, you know hits, some big contact, and had a really nice rush where he took the guard upfield and over set them into the B gap and then cross face back into the A gap and buried the quarterback for a big third down stop.
Speaker 1: A couple of big hits that stood out in this game.
Speaker 2: I think he did as much as he could for himself this camp, and I think he made the football team. He's getting my linebacker five when I do Monday's episode. Let's go ahead and hear from coach on the performance of Channing Tindall Man.
Speaker 3: What a cool game. For for Channing so much growth. You know, this is this is his third year and third defensive system, so you're always nervous about that when you sign up for it, and and he's really you know, I can't say enough about the job that you know, both Joe Berry have done in Anthony Weaver. Uh, just in general with the position, I feel like that's a position of strength and uh a case in point. You know, I think that Channing Tindall, I I don't know this to be facts, but I think that would be his hive preseason tackles.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: And I think that Goat that's just another example of the good stuff that we got going on on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: And we did a segment on this on the post game show talking about Azukama and Tendall and what a bummer was that Azukama got hurt Wednesday's practice.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like he's gonna be okay. Coach.
Speaker 2: You have a bunch of updates today telling you about which guys would be back and whatnot. It sounds like day to day for Javon holland week to week for guys like Eric Azukama and Aaron Brewers.
Speaker 1: Should be back sooner than later.
Speaker 2: He was saying a bunch of good news on the injury front from Mike McDaniel after this one.
Speaker 1: So looking good there.
Speaker 2: But with Azukama and Tindall, those were two guys that, you know, Tindall had played like four hundred snaps in college. He gets drafted by Josh Boyer defense, which was blitz, blitz, blitz, mug up and blitz some more. And then you pivot to the Vic Fangio defense, and he wasn't ready to play as a rookie. And then Vic Fangio says, I can't use you at all because I you know, he wasn't gonna use him in a defense that doesn't blitz very often. I think that now he's got some time and some reps and a defense that maybe caters to his skill set a little bit more. And gosh, if you can get success from those two guys, if you can get production from Tyndall and Azukama in the third years of their career, you can bank on them in the fourth year of their career. Is cheap productive players and two positions on special teams on offense and defense, And that to me would just go a really long way to saving money because you don't have to go find those spots either in the draft next year or in free agency. It would just go a long way towards this team being sustained success or sustain their success, I should say, for a couple more years. Last break right here, come back on the other side. I have one, two, three, four, five, six more hits, and then we'll talk about the misses of the night. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation.
Speaker 1: No more sound bites. Let's go ahead and run through the final hits I had here.
Speaker 2: I was a fan of Jason Maytree once again that slot fade rep he began working more slot the last couple of weeks of training camp. I think he has a future there in this league in that role. The press re route, stay in phase, gets your head back to the football. And tip of the cap to coach Arujo Matthew Arugio, because that's been a bit of a theme for the cornerbacks this camp. I've noticed they all get their head turned around and find the football, which is not always the case.
Speaker 1: So I like that.
Speaker 2: Emphasis from the coaching staff speaking of cornerbacks Ethan Bonner got swiveled and got put on his butt on a play where he was chasing downhill in pursuit and got a crackback that he didn't see coming. Big time football man. But that third and two takeoff to the boundary was what I liked about him the most because it shows you he's confident. He's not afraid to take his face in the fan. We know that against the run and press, but the way he presses with the confidence of his long speed, like if he gives up a half a step, he knows he can make it up, and he's physical as hell in those presses. That has me intrigued. I think he is either cornerback three or four right now on this team, and.
Speaker 1: He's gonna play a lot of football this year.
Speaker 2: Jordan Colbert big hits, played fast and coverage, made a play on special teams, and Mark Perry I thought, had a nice undercut on a play when Chop had that quarterback hit and played the ball nicely. Thought he and Colbert played pretty well together out there. I mentioned Chop. He's the last guy I want to talk about here because it started off rough. He got walled off on some plays. He got doubled out of some plays. He had some stalemate pass rushes that went nowhere, but then he picked it up. He had a wicked speed, the power that threw his man off of his feet. He had an effective cross chop. He made a big play against the run. Any rookie is going to have some teachable moments out there, and he had those. But he has shown out each time and showed us bounce back tonight. That is a good showing to me. I'm excited about his future here. Maybe off the top it's more, you know, situational, but as he develops and gets more time and seasoning, he'll be just fine. Some rough nights tonight, Jody Fordson continues to not you know, it looks like a number eighty eight that was here in the past. When it comes to the blocking game, had another critical drop, which had been the case all throughout camp. I just don't see a way for him. I thought most of the receivers besides Maleak was was rough. You know, Burrios. I didn't see him get open on a couple of routes that he ran. Schwartz had a couple of plays where he got open, but outside of that, it was. It was pretty tough, but you also had like guys that just got here around those routes, So I don't want to bag on him too much. Just thought it was tough for the quarterbacks a lot of the time. I thought Brandon Peeley kind of got pushed around a little bit when he was in that first string getting some reps in the first team offense of the Buccaneers.
Speaker 1: But that's who you're gonna see it come the season.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't think he's quite ready to contribute in that role yet, but we shall see. Neville Gallimore didn't get a lot of rush with or didn't get a lot of ground with his rush and got washed in the run game a couple of times. Elijah Campbell on that first deep shot from Baker Mayfield, I thought I had to play on the football and it looked like he kind of ran out of the play with his angle.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to make that mention on there.
Speaker 2: Storm Duck got caught a couple of times that that deep over for the touchdown was. You know, he was on bad he was outside leveraging on deep over with Mesh. That's pretty hard to cover. I thought he had a rough special team to night as well. I thought Jeff Wilson looked slow and didn't make that one catch that he should have made. He kind of might get caught numbers game that running back I mentioned the offensive line. I thought Cotton was a rough night for him. Driscoll besides it, Guard it was rough for Driscoll. Meyer had a shaky start but got better. Hayes I thought got boiled a little bit, and Matt To's really got pushed around as well, and then Wyatt Ray and Curtis Bolton I had kind of getting washed in the run game as well. So it's I mean these are all you know, twos and threes and four, so it is what it is. Rough end of the preseason, got some good looks overall. We have a big schedule for you guys next week Monday, Roster predictions and some recaps from this game that I watched on film. On Tuesday, the actual roster will be announced. We'll have that with Chris Career sound on that podcast. I'm gonna do a NFL Predictions episode. I think I might do a Stats and Dolphins episode where I look at our opponents and talk about them from the matchup perspective, and then after that it's gonna be game week. So plenty to come your way here in the Drift Time Podcast. Keep it tuned in here. Every single day we come out with new episodes around five o'clock in the evening, So go ahead and commute home on your drive with drive Time.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Leave us at rating, leave us a review, Follow me on social at Wingfold NFL, the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out my guys, Seth and Juice the fish Tank podcast. The Gus Wrott episode is great. You don't want to miss that. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities, Drive Time content and Dolphins HQ coming your way this season hosted by me and then of course, last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com Until next time, And finds up on camera and Daddy, he's coming home.
Speaker 1: M