Speaker 1: Native Lampid is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 1: This is episode one hundred and thirteen of Native Lampid, where we give you our breakdown of all things politics and culture. We are your hosts, Angela Right, Andrew Gillim and Bacari Sellers. Y'all, we hope you had an amazing holiday season with your them.
Speaker 3: Yes, Happy New Year, Happy New.
Speaker 2: Year, Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: How long do y'all say Happy New Year?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: I usually go at least to a King Day because then it switches holidays and I'm like, Happy King Day, So you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Are your trees two weeks?
Speaker 4: About two weeks for me too?
Speaker 3: Are your trees down?
Speaker 4: Took them all down? All the lights, everything, everything.
Speaker 2: Down, just up all year. So we'll see if I get it down this year.
Speaker 1: But if you're like us, everybody, you're back at work. And I'm curious if AI videos had your family and friends in a choke hold over the break mine, certainly we will discuss that and so much more on this show. The Trump Administration's unlawful capture of Venezuelan leader Nicholas Maduro, Donald Trump's clumsy appearance at a Republican retreat at the Kennedy Center, and on the fifth anniversary of the January sixth Insurrection, what happened on this anchor's debut on CBS World News. Tim Walls deciding not to run for a third term as Minnesota governor, and why are folks still talking about Reverend doctor carry Bryant's dress and from the pulpit, Bishop, Okay, we have heard you loud and clear about giving our takes on more topics and maybe a little more quickly. So going forward, our shows will begin with highlights, low lights, or just plain fact lights.
Speaker 2: We will call this segment for.
Speaker 1: Your Situational Awareness FYSA, because these days, keeping your head on a constant swivel is an act of self care.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, FYSA. What's really going on in the world.
Speaker 1: Well, let's start with the church, because I'm really confused about why a bishop and in my denomination had this to say about the right Reverend doctor Carrie Turner Bryant's dress.
Speaker 7: A preacher presented his wife the other day, and I guess you call that a a flesh colored dress. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's black dress and flesh color. It gives illusion that she's not wearing anything underneath. And I heard the preacher when he defended her dress by saying, first of all, he bought the dress, and then he said, I wanted to address people who don't know anything, who ever been anywhere, who don't know nothing. So I guess our objection to a man of the cloth presenting his wife in public looking like a two dollar hord two at least two.
Speaker 1: So I want to play what he was responding to, and then let's definitely talk about the two.
Speaker 6: I needed to get this joint.
Speaker 8: I needed to deal with it head on, because the other day the internet went crazy.
Speaker 6: About address my wife had on.
Speaker 8: Now, they didn't say anything about the four million dollars that was raised for the United Negro College Front. They never mentioned that she prayed until Heaven came down.
Speaker 6: They never said.
Speaker 8: Anything about this was the largest fundraiser for United for HBCUs in the country.
Speaker 6: But insecure, jealous, petty, small winded.
Speaker 8: People got in their feelings and set up a false baron unholiness based off of a dress. Now, you got to help some people, because some people have embraced the full knowledge of ignorance without any assistance for understanding. The dress was not see through. The dress was flesh color. But because you ain't never been nowhere and they ain't never been exposed to enumer I needed to set the record straight. Y'all don't like this. I need to set the record straight. I bought the dress.
Speaker 6: And I like it. I don't care whether you like it or not.
Speaker 4: She ain't mad to y'all.
Speaker 6: She mad to me.
Speaker 1: Well, this is continuing to be the gift that keeps on giving. I think y'all know Jama and Carrie went on tammeron Hall Show on Wednesday of this, and so I want to know what y'all think first about the two dollars horror comment and all the things between nigga. We can't let's put the dress up. I can't even believe this is a topic of conversation.
Speaker 2: What y'all think?
Speaker 3: So, first of all, you know, I believe that you can always tell people that never got into a fight and never got beat up as a child, because they're just certain things you don't say about people and say about people's wives. And so I think the bishop was completely out of pocket, and that's just something something culturally and something that is beyond the pool pit. I hope he's praying for his forgiveness. But I also think I love Jamal Brian and I tell him to his face if he was here. But you don't always have to respond to everything. You know, you roll around with pigs. You both get muddy, and a pig likes it right, So I don't even think that a response was necessary. Your wife knows how much you love her. I just find it to be I find both of those to be extremely weird and disheartening. I do think that the bishop, you know, man, the man, he would have to see me about calling my wife a two dollars horror. But that's just I didn't like neither one of them, to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: M to be clear, Jamal, just one point of correction. A g to be very clear.
Speaker 2: And I know we're going so close to our time on the highlights.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to do this in ninety seconds, but really quick. Jamal said this.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: The bishop responded to Jamal, and it was after people were dragging his wife, and I was just.
Speaker 3: Saying, yeah, no, I was just saying, like I know he was responding to the people, but I mean that's like responding to comments like you don't have to respond, Andrew, I don't know. You tell me if I'm wrong, but you don't have to respond to every coming. You know what.
Speaker 4: There's a lot I mean the sexism in the church, which Revend Bryant went on in his initial statement to say more about just how in the traditions of the Black Church, we go out of our way to moderate and dictate how women are to appear, what they are to do. I always call Reverend Bryant bishop because I think he's bishop of some church, if not new Birth itself. Just just I appreciated the educational opportunity that he let people in on in his comment. Basically given some of the history of why it is that female ushers when walking down the I would have to put their hands behind their back to cover you know, their their butts so not to trigger men, and and and and and and sexualize men to sexualize those same women how you know he didn't talk about this, but women would have to wear cloths over you know, their prayer cloths over their front of their you know, their dress dresses. Should they wear dresses that were you know, that extended below the knee, but when they sat down rows up to the knee or maybe above the knee, would have to cloth themselves so not to saytiate uh the pastor or whoever might be in the poolpit looking down. I mean, there's a lot of those traditions that we don't even stop to interrogate why that is. But when we put it into context, it really, you know, it's us to bob. It certainly eats at me just thinking about some of the sexism that exists there and why it is that women always have to curate their lived experiences so not to offend men. And that doesn't just happen in the Black Church. It happens throughout our society period. So I appreciated the opportunity to levitate, to.
Speaker 3: Come above the moment.
Speaker 4: I think he's not generally the type to I think, go and do videos and respond to each and everything. But this thing got so explosive it appears that they had to say something. And I'll just say, what is also missing for the bishop of who gave a second response and all these other haters out there, is just the incredible woman of God that carries Bryant. I've known this woman since college when we were back in student government, and when he said, how she you know, brought down Heaven through her prayers? I believe that I have been in the midst of her praying and felt the Spirit of God just come all over the place. So so so so people are confused. They're always gonna be haters. What we're discounting is the fact that there are haters within the ministry. There are people who don't like that his church is so big. There are people who don't like that he inherited, you know, the former Bishop Long's church. There are people who gonna hate on her. There's you know, there's reality television that's also surrounding you know, certain parts of the sort of thing. So it's just as I hate it for them, But at the same time, to the extent that they're able to use this as a catapult to teach people some stuff that they don't know where that they need to know, or call us to interrogate some systems that we all generally accept without asking questions, then maybe let that be the teachable moment that exists here. The only beauty that I find in it is that if there were the right ones to come after. I do believe that these two, this amazing are the right ones. You found the right ones because they're educated, they are to the task, They're not going to trifle and pettiness, and they're gonna use it as an opportunity to lift the conversation higher. And I hope they continue to do that despite the haters.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: The most important thing here is Carrie has given address to me when it's all said and done, so I would just take the right reverence for sharing address.
Speaker 2: The Cardner's Internet is back on AOL. What'd you say?
Speaker 3: No, I was saying, the dress is tough. I love the dress. But I also wanted to thank Andrew for his brief remarks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting the New Year's off right, Okay, Because it is a highlight.
Speaker 2: Reel to that point, we moved right along. This one is really rough, y'all.
Speaker 1: It shows Tony or Bari or the whole of production at CBS was not ready for prime time. Punt intended watch what happened on CBS World News on his first day in the anchor chair.
Speaker 9: It'sphair with madurow out that base of power and influence could be out too all right, to other news, as you just heard from Jill to other news. Now to Governor Walls, No, we're gonna do Mark Kelly. First day, first day, big problems. Here are we going to Kelly? Here are we going to go into jonah kaplan? We're doing Mark Kelly, possibly demoted from his retired rank of captain in the Navy, Hegstath issued what's known as a letter of censure for the Arizona Democrat over his participation in a video that called on service members to defy illegal orders, without specifying which orders he had in mind. Hegseth called what the former combat pilot an astronaut did an act of sedition. Now we go to Minnesota, a surprise announcement from the Great Lake State there today, Tim.
Speaker 1: Walls, Well, he got there, he got there, but that was rough. And I don't know if what's going on in the background, if it's the Ellison, if it's Barri Wise, if it's Donald Trumpet his ear, what happened, y'all?
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing?
Speaker 3: S did did you see his next day? The next day? That night, So then he ended up saying, Marco Rubio, we salute you. What's his salutation is closed? They going crazy over it. At CBS. Barri Weiss is terrible at her job. She's having a revote. They're leaking more than you know, a sief And it is fascinating to watch CBS News, which once was a standard bearer for quality news, become a propaganda tool and an arm of the right wing. I mean, that's what it's. That's what it is. Shot everybody. I mean, they don't run off all the good people over there, and they trying to run off the rest of the good folk over there. And barr is just not good at her job. This is a big job and she ain't good at it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to be good at something that you're not qualified for. Remember when they said didn't earn it anyway. So I appreciate Tony because he actually does take us into our next clip, which is about Tim Laws.
Speaker 2: Tim's time is up.
Speaker 1: He's saying he won't resign, but he will not seek a third term and miss the fallout with the childcare fraud scandal in Minnesota. And Andrew, I want to run this clip, but I know you have some thoughts about that bench in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: So let's run this.
Speaker 6: To in your.
Speaker 10: Campaign by yourself or did you receive pressure from Democratic allies. This is a decision that I make and make with my family, and certainly I think, as I said, it's the right decision.
Speaker 3: We all note.
Speaker 10: I think it's appropriate. We're here today, the war that's being waged against Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You're seeing it.
Speaker 10: We have a ridiculous surge of apparently two thousand people not coordinating with us, that are for a show of the cameras. I'm going to note to all of you today is January sixth. There's no debate what happened. The President of the United States led an insurrection against a fair election to try and overturn that. And you know, report both sides of this. Well he you know, he said he really didn't. In courts convicted four hundred of them and he pardoned them. No, he did that. He did that, and that's today. And it's clear that we also saw today he implemented. Five states are being punished with a freezing of federal funds illegally that were appropriated by Congress our tax dollars. And I find it interesting that Minnesota, California, Illinois.
Speaker 3: And in New York. We're taking that.
Speaker 10: The interesting thing is the biggest fraud trial in the country is taking place in Mississippi today with one hundred million dollars of welfare fraud, and I don't believe Mississippi was on that list. So look, this is a concerted effort to try and destroy the president's opponents, to destroy the rule of law. And it became apparent to me that he was going to do that with me being there, and I just feel, along with my family that it's the best decision for Minnesota. And I feel very confident in that. I think it's going to be clear that Minnesotans agree with.
Speaker 1: That crazy that he said, y'all gonna catch these strays though, Mississippi and your welfare SCRIDI fraud scandal. Why are you coming it as so? Andrew, you talked about the.
Speaker 4: Bench to get you this quick, quick, quippy thing, which is just to say that there's a you know, I hate to see him go. I know he feels like he's got to stand up and take some responsibility for what's happened around the fraud and whatnot. But he was right to point out that there's greater, bigger fraud and much more of it happening all around the country to include Republican states, and no attention whatsoever. I hate that he's leaving the under the affront from a Republican trumping up. You know, a bunch of mess that quite frankly happens, you know, twenty times over in Republican states, and nobody's got anything to say about it. The only other thing I'll say is that this state has some really great Democratic talent Downpike lieutenant governor, Governor Lieutenant governor Peggy Flanagan would make a great governor of that state. I know, some moves are happening, power moves are happening. Now you've got the former Saint Paul, Minnesota mayor Melvin Carter, another great leader later I'm sorry, Minneapolis mayor, another solid Democratic leader. And I just think that they're right with a lot of potential, and I hope some of that potential rises to the top as they seek to replace the city governor.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no, I yeah, no. I was gonna be real quick on my mine as well. I mean, I think Amy Klobachar is probably the next governor or the great State of Minnesota. But that doesn't mean that you don't have a race. She gets an opportunity to appoint somebody. Hopefully she appoints one of the names that you just mentioned, and then hopefully we all sign up for her to hear her to run for a full term after that. I just think that Amy Klobachar is dynamic. She'll be a great governor. She's She's won her last three elections by over thirty points in Minnesota, so I mean, she'll be formidable in that and she gets to pick her replacement. So in a game of politics, that's important. Shout out of the Somali community, though, who's been getting just unfairly bashed throughout this entire process. The President of the United States called them garbage, and you know, I just think that while they're I mean, let's be clear. I there was a great deal of fraud, that was rampant fraud within Minnesota, but it wasn't one community. Don't you don't bastardize an entire community because of the behavior by a white women, because I you know what I said on TV the other night, it was let by white women. I was like, so if a group of people just show up and begin to tear your house down and riot and do all this other stuff and beat up police. Are you going to blame the entire group? And if so, then what we do about all in white folks on January sixth? I mean, where were their fathers? Right? So I just think that it's it's unfair treatment of the Smili community. So my prayers go out to them. Minnesota's gonna be just found in some walls. As a dynamic leader.
Speaker 1: I will tell y'all that in response to this, your president is violating another law of funds that are already appropriated to state governments across the country are now being frozen. And surprise, surprise, they are all democratic states. But I will say this, this is about to be a rarity breaking news on NLP and the last time you'll probably ever hear me say this. But I agree and actually hope that Trump is right about his impeachment. Let's roll this clip.
Speaker 11: You gotta win the midterms, because if we don't win the midterms, it's just gonna be I mean, they'll find a reason to impeach me. I'll get him pitched. We don't impeach them, you know why, because they're meaner than we are. We should have impeached Joe Biden for a hundred different things. They are mean and smart.
Speaker 5: It says Sarre Pink.
Speaker 3: He doesn't blend either, does that bother? Does that not bother anybody else?
Speaker 4: Pink is bothering his blends like it's.
Speaker 3: It's his makeup. He doesn't. He doesn't blend well, and I don't know who does it.
Speaker 1: Let me find out that the highlight reel is going to be a makeup assessment from Bakari.
Speaker 3: But car you want to but the mat counter well, first of all, on Hugh's mac, let's not be offensive, okay, but he needs to blend something like his neck and right around his hairline. Somebody's doing him a.
Speaker 4: Disne when he comes off the golf course. List either sweated out or it hadn't be applied yet.
Speaker 3: It's just probably running too boy, Donald Trump, hate to see a pillow coming down and pink. Somebody investigated it looked like your shirt Andrew.
Speaker 2: You guys are the whole point.
Speaker 1: It was about his impeachment, hopefully, And I will just say this right before the break. Democratic leadership encourage the caucus to vote alongside them to table al Green's articles of impeachment that's not the singer, that's Congressman Algreen.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: The failure uh and and I'm curious to know if the failure to seek congressional approval to invade Venezuela to capture a is sufficient for impeachment or naw. The same people who just said they they voted on the motion of the table the impeachment articles, now they're like, well, now he's lost his mind, his mine.
Speaker 2: Being gone, y'all.
Speaker 1: But y'all are through our FYSA. But we are going to get into Venezuela and so much more right after this break. So the felonious president is busy racking up more crimes because we just talked about the dollars that are already appropriated he's withholding from states. He of course, is violating international law, according to many experts, with their decision to go capture Nicholas Maduro in his Nike Tech sweats man.
Speaker 3: That man change. That man changed more outfits than Andre you with FAMU homecoming.
Speaker 1: So in your Department of Justice, Bacari is saying that it's all about the drugs. But Trump pardon former President of Honduras Juan Orlando Hernandez for jug chappicking hundreds of tons of cocaine into the United States.
Speaker 2: So could it be something else? Roll the clip.
Speaker 12: They say, you have seized Venezuela for the oil. Yes, this is true, that there is that which has been brought to the forefront of this earthly battle.
Speaker 3: If he talk about Jamal Brian wife, I'm as so and.
Speaker 13: Was seeking to bring war and to bring conflict through Venezuela and to control the oil of the earth and.
Speaker 4: The oil he's here to stirtual oil.
Speaker 13: And the nutural oil does not belong to the forces of darkness or to those who thought that they could bring a one world order. This is my reset, and the oil of the nuturl and the oil of the spirit is mine.
Speaker 4: Says the Lord.
Speaker 1: I ain't never seen no shirt like that in my life. I ain't never seen a button down. Now, you guys got me doing this matt counter thing. I'm not doing this. The point is I wanted to play this because you were talking about oil.
Speaker 2: Venezuela got more oil than we.
Speaker 1: Do, so I'm curious to know, guys, is it all about the oil? Since a second oil tanker that was from Venezuela's Venezuela oil not a Venezuelan taker.
Speaker 2: Andrew corrected me on the car earlier about that.
Speaker 1: So with a Russian flag, it has been captured by the United States. This is all since this past weekend. So it's about the oil of the drugs, y'all.
Speaker 3: So quickly, we know it's not about drugs because to your point, he pardoned the former president of Honduras who got convicted, President Hernandez, who got convicted by US jury for moving over four hundred tons tons. Okkay, that's a lot of dope, y'all. So we know it's not about drugs, right. We know it's not about freeing the Venezuelan people because that we didn't even effectuate regime change. So we have to be cautious about the language that we're using because he left their military, Maduro's military in place, and chose his vice president. If he would have chosen opposition leadership, remove military leadership, then maybe you have regime change. Maybe you can say it's bout freedom. So yeah, if you deduce what's left, it's about the oil. It's always been about the oil. The problem that Donald Trump has is he doesn't understand that oil companies, American oil companies. It would cost them upwards of three hundred billion dollars to go into Venezuela and put the infrastructure in place to actually refine and distribute that oil. So it's about the oil. Prices have excuse me, oil stocks have drastically increased. They've made hundreds of millions of dollars since this occurred. Some of Donald Trump's friends are gonna get rich as they are doing around the world. But it's basically big bank tate little bank. I don't know if y'all ever played that in school, and we played it in public schools. But big bank tate little bank and.
Speaker 2: Got to be colonizes.
Speaker 3: Yep, about to get Greenland. And then what's gonna happen next is don't be surprised as Zelenski gets kidnapped, and then don't be surprised that China looks in his backyard and puts Taiwan in his pocket.
Speaker 1: Well, here's Andrew we as you know, this is our deep dive clip. So let's go ahead and transition into the meat of the thing. Is it all about the oil? Let's roll this clip from the White House to me.
Speaker 6: And now if you don't know, then you have twist tickets.
Speaker 4: Do they have a cool from Biggie's estate.
Speaker 1: I hope that's what I was just about to say, Andrew, hope that they come with them for using this and they didn't even bleep out the N word on this clip. I'm so irritated, Like Mark, now, if you don't know, now you know. So they have a Biggie line for one song using Biggie as the track for going to get Maduro out Ofnezuela without even seeking congressional approval.
Speaker 2: I want to roll this question because we did get a question from the audience.
Speaker 14: I'm Jordan from Atlanta, Georgia, and not just have a quick question. Could you break down to me in layman's terms, what the hell is going on between Venezuela and the US. Can a president just go into another country and just like snatch up the president and then dist them on charges?
Speaker 3: Like is that legal?
Speaker 14: What should the process be? How can we even do this? And then also like what does that mean? What does that mean for US? What does that mean for Venezuela? What could it mean? I just need help because I'm on the Googles, I'm on the TikTok, and the math is a mathing.
Speaker 2: It's not making sense, So could.
Speaker 14: Y'all break it down for me.
Speaker 1: Let's first hear from the President, and then we shall do exactly that. Jordan, thank you for the question.
Speaker 15: We're going to run the country until such time as we can do a safe, proper and judicious transition. So we don't want to be involved with having somebody else get in. And we have the same situation that we had for the last long period of years. So we are going to run the country until such time as we can do a safe, proper and judicious transition. Then it has to be judicious because that's what we're all about. We want peace, liberty, and justice for the great people of Venezuela, and that includes many from Venezuela that are now living in the United States and want to go back to their country.
Speaker 6: It's their homeland.
Speaker 15: We can't take a chance that somebody else takes over Venezuela that doesn't have the good of the Venezuelan people in mind. We've decades of that. We're not going to let that happen. We're there now, and what people don't understand, but they understand as as I say this, we're there now, but we're going to stay until such time as the proper transition can take place. So we're going to stay until such time as we're going to run it, essentially until such time as a proper transition can take place.
Speaker 1: He can't even run it here, So what is he running, y'all? Like, what is happening? There's a you know, there's a vote coming up. Tim Kaine is trying to get forced a vote on ensuring that they have to get Congressional approval for any further action. But I'm just like, I don't know when this stops. They don't have any boundaries. They don't respect the rule of law. We know that, whether it's federal or international law. So what are we really talking about here, y'all?
Speaker 4: You know it sucks is that it's hard to go in hard on the Republican who attempts this when we know we've had Democrats who also use the US military without authorization from Congress under the banner of national security or US national security interests. We took Gaddafi out of Libya under under such vain. The international law on this is very it's dice in the sense that really the only the only real power constricting power there appears to be is is uh sort of the international bodies that that Trump has flouted up to this point. He seems to have no faith in the United Nations. He seems to have zero faith in the G seven or the G twenty Uh. He seems to have, you know, no faith in international law whatsoever, and there is not a Congress to hold him to account for any of it. So ordinarily, even if there is an arrest warrant for a president of another country, those wars are not usually or typically executed by a nation until that president is out of office. So they're usually former presidents that have been gone back and been either held accountable before international courts or tribunals or before a domestic court such as ours here in the United States. This has never been about anything that they have told us. These folks have sat down and for weeks they have lied to our face. They've lied to every single time. This wasn't about regime change, This is about drug interdiction. And then it wasn't really about drug interdiction because they then flouted international laws as it relates to what you do to combatants who can no longer combat. And we then go and drop suicide bombs on them when we like, so I can understand the questioners question that what laws apply here?
Speaker 5: What makes sense?
Speaker 4: There is not even international then there is not even an international outcry and the in of what we've gone and done in Venezuela. And I would suggest that largely that's because most countries are terrified that and unhinged Donald Trump might turn his ire on them. And therefore even even friendly governments of ours are muted or silenced because they fear what might happen as a as a as a as a reaction to what we're you know, to what we're doing here. I'll put it this way, y'all. This is straight up colonization. This is this is the world of one hundred years ago, where the mightiest, most powerful countries decided to uh go into how do you say, uh, countries that they want to take control of because largely they have an asset that they want and you basically send your military there to occupy, you get rid of them, you depose their leaders, and you colonize them, and you make them basically a part of your own country. We haven't seen this in modern day because most of the world threw this off threw off the yoke of colonization a long time ago, believing that it did not serve us well, and it led us into more and more world wars. And since the conclusion of World War the Second World War, we have not seen colonization utilized as a form of force and taken over other nations. And it seems that Trump wants us to throw back to the period of colonization. That's all I can offer as it relates to the justification here.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. I will tell you this that the law is extremely murky. I know people like to say he's violating this and violating that. The fact is, Maduro Nicholas Maduro is a horrible human being that deserves to be in prison. Right, He's a horrible leader. And I know that. One of the things that Andrew was talking about was, you know, usually you have warrants and it's executed after individuals are out our office. Well, Venezuela had an election that Madua lost, Right, that Maduro loss, but he pulled to Donald Trump January sixth, Right, except he was able to overthrow government, overthrow government, rewrite the constitution. People have to remember how he came in the office. You know, he came in on the back of a leader who was oppressive, right, He came in on the back as a military mentor, his mentor who launched who launched a coup that failed, Chavez, who launched a coup that failed in ninety two, and then ran for president and won, got sick with cancer and then installed Maduro. And so this has been decades of oppression that Venezuelans have felt. That's why you see Venezuelans dancing in the street. And so the law on this is extremely murky because what they're telling you is that they are executing a law enforcement operation. That is what they That's what they're telling you. They're saying that they're going in to arrest someone who has an outstanding warrant. More so, even he has a warrant that Joe Biden's White House put a twenty five million dollar or fifty million dollar bounty on his head side. Note, I do believe that Donald Trump's don't try to collect his own bounty, but that's neither here nor there. This is not something that's unprecedented, though. Let's remember that in Panama nineteen eighty nine, H. W. Bush went in and got Manuel Noriega right. The difference between Panama and Venezuela, which makes this a lot more complicated. We had ten thousand troops in Panama and we had a we had a military presence in Panama since its inception, and Panama small as hell. Venezuela is a large company. We do large country now, I mean, I guess oil company, A large, a large, a large country. We don't have that military presence. And that's what scares me. When the first when the first troop dies in one of these feckless, you know, directionless colonial colonialism type endeavors that we're undertaken, then I think it's going to be felt. My problem politically speaking, and this is where I kind of transition. I know it's kind of a little off topic, but my problem politically speaking is this, we want to talk about the constitutionality and the legality of it when we know that Donald Trump doesn't believe in either, and Democrats are writing these long papers on Twitter, these long posts on Instagram, all of these things. I think it's very simple though. He is choosing Venezuela over the plight of every day average Americans. He's choosing Caracas over soybean farmers. He's choosing oil companies and commodities over individuals who are dying to get health care, literally, And I think that is the point that has to be made over and over and over again, because that young lady's question is so spot on, and they do that intentionally and nobody knows what the hell is going on. But what is being forgotten every day is that every day, hardworking average American that is still working to make ends meet, that we still have inflation, we still have cost of living problems, we still have real health care centers that are shutting down. We have all of these issues right at home. And now they're talking about make Venezuela great again. And so I think.
Speaker 2: He is frozen for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same here. I was hoping his voice might might catch up with the video. But Bakari's making a brilliant point here, which is I think the point that Democrats need to go home to every day of the weed they are to begin the day and end the day with this. Trump wants the power to run another nation, yet he cannot seem to run the one that he's right now in charge of. We have inflation that is creeping back up We've got people who are I mean, I see this every time I go to the grocery store Angela. People have their cell phones out and they are costs comparing between this store and that store to see which this detergent is cheaper to get here or or the other store up the street. People are concerned about costs. They're concerned about you know, you college graduates who are concerned about whether or they're going to be able to land a job or if artificial intelligence is going to wipe their futures.
Speaker 5: Out of the market.
Speaker 4: Right there's a lot of crises right here being felt in this country. And I'm not sure that the every day of Mayor and the average Americans waking up and saying what we need to be doing is starting another conflict in our hemisphere of the world. And Venezuela, for what, oil prices aren't skyrocketed right now. Fuel is actually pretty accessible for most people. That's not where they're that's not where they're making complaint. So if I can fuel my car and the largest asset that we're getting right now out of Venezuela is oil, Yet that isn't the greatest need that we have right now, but it is the need of Donald Trump's billionaire friends, then who is he acting in the interest of That's most frustrating to me is to see that we should we continue down this line and should we become some sort of caretaker quote unquote to Venezuela, and I don't disagree. A horrible leader. Maduro also aided by his wife, who is also quite diabolical. If folks were to turn the page in the look more deeply into her history and her background. They only got married after he became the president elect that country, and prior to that, she basically lined up the entire judiciary behind Hugo Chavez and it is essentially run by her. So diabolical people, no doubt about it. But guess what. So is the Russian president diabolical. So are many other leaders, to include those of North Korea and many other despot nations around the world. Yet we're not going into those countries trying to take them over. But car, I just kind of picked up where you left off because I think it was the brilliant point that was being made, and that is not one of us are waking up this morning, and we didn't wake up before January third, on January second, saying what we need to do is go invade another country. We woke up saying can we get lower prices? Will my children have a future job in this country, on this homeland, Will artificial intelligence take over their future and snuff it out? Or is there a balance to be reached there? None of us are hungering for war and our hemisphere or any other hemisphere, as far as I'm concerned, we want we want affordability right here at home. And if the President could fix his eyes toward that, that'd be one thing. But he's, as far as I'm concerned, taking his eye off the ball. And this may be the biggest threat to his presidency yet as far as I can determine.
Speaker 1: Because it undermines America first. So how are you going to say? America first? And your behind is everywhere but in America first?
Speaker 3: Nobody knows. This is the explanation they're giving. What they're saying is that by freeing Venezuela, freeing Venezuela, which that we already articulated, they're not because we're not really doing regime change. But by freeing Venezuela, you eliminate the pressure on the country. You eliminate migration, and all of this boils back to one person, Stephen Miller. Stephen Miller wants to destroy the world order as was situated after World World War Two. And you know, I was having a conversation off air talking about, you know the fact that we allow white South African farmers to come into this country, but we have a problem with brown Venezuelans come into this country, right, and so still.
Speaker 4: Can't get TPS. That's right, even today.
Speaker 3: And not only this is how you know, this is how you know it's not about Venezuelans because the vice president of Venezuela, who's now the president of Venezuela, I forget her name. She was out there hugging on Russia and China and all the ambassadors at her inauguration. They installed even more repressive ordinances and laws on Venezuelan people who want to speak out the day after Murduro was taken.
Speaker 1: And this is the thing they're talking about now, deporting six hundred thousand Venezuelans. And that's after the raid. So the people that you talked about celebrating in the streets Bakari now may very well face deportation. Back to a country that is, it's still that experienced regime change.
Speaker 2: I also think it's.
Speaker 1: Important because you simply talked about Venezuelan celebrating in the streets, and of course we know we're getting to AI later on this video.
Speaker 2: There have been some.
Speaker 1: Misleading videos of alleged Venezuelan celebrating the capture of Maduro.
Speaker 2: Let's run that clip.
Speaker 16: Since the US launch strikes in Venezuela and sees President Nicholas, my daughter and his wife. Videos claiming to show people celebrating inside Venezuela having widely circulating online, but they're misleading, like this video, for example, shared by right wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. It falsely claims to show large crowds in the Venezuelan Capsul Caracas celebrating the seizure of Nicholas Maduro, and it has over two million views, but it's not new. It actually shows anti Madouda protests in Venezuela in twenty twenty four over a highly disputed election. In this a post viewed by millions on x again falsely claims to show celebrations erupting all across Venezuela. Now this video is recent, but this is actually in Florida. We know this because of details in the background and comparing it with other is that it's actually this Petro station in the city of derral And again, this post claims to be crowds of people lining the streets in Venezuela, but we verified it's actually Venezuelans and Panama City by identifying the location of this bridge. Now, there have been Venezuelans out celebrating in the streets across the world, but in this case, we've not seen those crowds in the country itself. Some Venezuelans have told the BBC that that's because they feel scared and they can't freely voice their feelings about what's happened.
Speaker 1: I think that's important, and I do want to draw the contrast to the fact there are some folks in Venezuela who actually oppose the intervention, not necessarily because they support their leader, maybe some of them do, but mostly because they oppose the United States.
Speaker 2: Let's roll that clip.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 4: Hella Venezuela.
Speaker 2: She's saying, long live Venezuela.
Speaker 1: She's saying that they're coming for our oil, they're coming for our land, and she's asking the international community where are they to intervene to ensure that Venezuela and Venezuelan people are protected?
Speaker 2: Andre and me, can I ask.
Speaker 3: You answer question? Can I ask you a question? Andrew? Just before your your thoughts? Because I know that this is Angela's lead, but this has been bothering me. So how does this play in Florida in particular? Like the politics here Southern Florida, It's huge, right, and they don't they are Isn't this a winning issue though? I mean, it's a winning.
Speaker 4: Issue for for in Florida, for them since the Durau, which was the images that we saw at the beginning of that video, was sort of the largest collection of Venezuelan's in the United States are pretty much situated in Durau, Florida. It's a city down in Miami. So there's no doubt. Again, so these are in Many of those folks are like political exiles. These are people who left Venezuela under oppression, similar to many of the Cubans who are situated in Miami who left Cuba under political oppression. Not surprising. And guess what, all around the world you have expass you have these political you have folks who have been politically driven from their homeland who were very much so excited that Maduro is not there. But if you ask them if they are returning voluntarily today, they are not returning voluntarily today because the Modua regimes still reign supreme over Venezuela. There's no doubt about it. But I will tell you this, I will say forgetting any of those videos as in regards to who has more sway anti versus pro, no doubt about it. If the people want Maduro gone, and if they could say so in Venezuela themselves, they would have said so. But what we saw in that last video, the anger, the rage, the fury wasn't pro Maduro. It was pro their home land.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: This is the wealth that should be passed to our children and our children's children. I feel that argument every single day of the week. These people are standing up and basically saying this. If we think we have an oppressive regime right now, let Trump and all of you know, the rapers of this land get here and take all of our natural resources, just like we have seen them do across the continent of Africa. All of the rich minerals, all of the rich essays that are natural and indigenous to that place being ripped from it the future. How do you say that the benefactors of that richness never ever benefiting.
Speaker 3: The missing thing and nothing happens in a vacuum. Let me go back to Elon Musk and usai D. That the problem that we have with the dismantling of us ai D and the United States ability to have soft power in these places is going to be glaring now because the United States is going in with military force to take oil and resources from individuals, and you're going to have because none of the three of us I do believe and no one is actually saying that Maduro is a good person. Nobody's saying he's a good and nobody's saying he's a good leader.
Speaker 4: It's actually not even about him.
Speaker 3: And that's the point that is that is the larger point. But when you talk about the absence of when you talk about this, this this foreign policy that we now have where we don't have that soft power, where we don't have those HIV and AIDS programs, where we don't have those programs to build resources, build communities that George Bush and Bill Clinton and all those people talked about. Now it's going to be contrary because we were trying to push Iran in China out of Venezuela. But what happens in places like Africa Andrew, what happens when we with.
Speaker 4: This This is imperialism correct at its best. There's no, there's no. Hillary Clinton tried to return that phrase of soft power to smart power, and I actually think she was right about it. It is the smartest power, brilliant that the United States had was the use of those kinds of techniques to bring people to our side, to show that we see their humanity and we're not here to rape them up their resources. Well, Donald Trump says, this is survival of the fittest. This is the strongest. If you are big and bad enough to take over a country, then you use that big in badness to go and take over a country if you can keep it, if you can hold it. And he's given the same signal right now to Asia and to Russia, because if you want to reinstitute the former Soviet Republic, if you've got the power and the willingness to do what, you go do it, and you hold it. If you can keep it. Asia, if you want to go, I'm sorry China. If you want to go and take over all of Asia and what is known as your Asia, do it.
Speaker 3: They're taking as you can. The problem is that China's taken all of Africa. If you go to the if you go to the if you go to the east coast of Africa, and we're going to see the same thing that's happening to the to the raping and pillaging of the resources of Venezuela is now going to happen to the raping and pillaging of the resources of black folk in Africa by China. It's going to be a colonizer with a different accent and has a different skin tone, but still yet a colonizer.
Speaker 4: Well, Bakari and Angela. The problem is under this regime, in this regime I'm referring to Donald Trump, is that the benefactors are not going to be the greater United States of America and its people. The benefactors are the billionaire friends that he can count on these two hands. And that's it. So no longer. I mean, the imperialism used to exist to the benefit to the largest of the nation. That largest is not going to be. The benefit of the nation is going to be to the benefit of a few selected individuals. Remember now, these were the billionaire owners of oil who were briefed about what was happening in Venezuela on the third of January this year before members of Congress have been briefed.
Speaker 2: Andrew, I want to I got to.
Speaker 1: I gotta say this because I completely forgot to bring this up. Some of you all have heard of a billionaire investor who is a Trump supporter by the name of Paul Singer. He has a net worth of six point seven billion dollars donated more than five million dollars to make America Great Again INK, which is Donald Trumps super pack. He is the one who has a interest in Sitko. In fact, he recently purchased Sitgo through his hedge fund. I believe Elliott Management at what they're saying is a bargain price. There's a whole piece about this in Mother Jones, as well as several other pieces. But I want us to be very clear about the fact that Donald Trump does not make a move that's not a business move, that's not a money move, and we have to be clear about that when we're having this conversation. So I'm meant to mention that earlier about Paul Singer and completely forgot to.
Speaker 3: To the points, right, And it's not the benefits. I mean, we see we see Jared Kushner's incursions into Gaza. Right, that's not a that's not a made up thing. Right. We see the fundamental steps to reform and change and displace Palestinians. Right, we see that that is not a far stretch of what we're going to see with Donald Trum Junior and Jerry kushn are going into Venezuela to do the same thing for resources. I mean nothing. I think that people when they look at politics, and I hope that if you don't listen to anything else I say on this show, just remember this. When they look at politics, they look at politics and specific pockets, right, and they think that Venezuela happens, and then Gaza happens, and then Greenland happens, and you know, tariffs happen, and production of cars, I mean the market, nothing happens. We are in this nexus, right and of continuity, and nothing happens in a vacuum in this country. Nothing happens in a vacuum. With Donald Trump, he may be somewhat of a of a kind of useful idiot to these folk. But there is a plan in place to capture as much of this kind of this world's resources as possible and build as much wealth as they possibly can for.
Speaker 4: A selective few. Your point is is that these these incidents are not isolated and not happening separate and apart from each other. They are happening in coordination with each other. And again, the huge difference I would again insert from maybe one hundred years ago, is that it is no longer to the benefit of a nation or nation trade. It is to the benefit of billionaires coming billionaires and let me individuals, the friends and family of Donald Trump. He's not just a useful tool. His family are useful beneficiary. That's true of exactly what he's doing in this office.
Speaker 3: But there are two other points there, one other point with two kinds of sub points. We also have to remember that some of this is economics, right, Some of this is for the economic benefit of those individuals. Some of this is also all of it no, no, no, some of it's also cultural too, because there are individuals in this White House, there are Stephen Miller's in this White House who really fear the United States becoming browner. They fear the participation of black and brown folk, and so they are trying to do everything they can to reverse the tide of immigration, migration, and reverse the tide of diversity that we've seen in this country. And you see that efforts like South Africa, you see that with efforts like Venezuela. You're going to see more and more of those things. So, yeah, the overwhelming impetus probably is the dollar. But there are true beliefs. Stephen Miller is a true believer. You best believe that he believes white folks are superior, right, and he wants to ensure that this country stays as white as possible. You see the tweets by Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: For as long as possible, for as long as possible, There's no doubt about it. And and by the way, those interests aren't diversion. They happen to be complementary to one another. He wants to repatriot the United States with whiteness. Thus the re you know, the the re entry of South African whites into the United States under the guys that they are being in some way, you know, targeted for their race. So again they can make America whiter. They want to again pursue policies that get more white women pregnant so they have more babies, because the birth rate for white babies is declining and below that of a black and brown I.
Speaker 3: Mean, look at your look at your own more. I told you nothing happens in a vacuum.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 2: So okay.
Speaker 1: And with that, from faux street celebrations in Venezuela to other AI videos that may have had your family in a choke hold, I know they had mined in CHOCLD.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about that right after this bread.
Speaker 17: Who cares about truth for the last morning seen it?
Speaker 1: Let's look at AI. We saw the AI's impact earlier in the show. We're gonna go ahead and play a little game with y'all before we getting the cause to action. We're gonna see if you can name that AI fake. You gotta decide which one of these videos is not real?
Speaker 5: Cat runs from Mouse Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, So two of those videos at least are not real. Which two which, y'all, guy? Or what tell me which one is the real one?
Speaker 6: Y'all?
Speaker 3: I don't think any of them real.
Speaker 2: The second one, the second one is real that's.
Speaker 4: The one with the with the masked mask, cat or dog or animal whatever.
Speaker 1: I know the answer, so I won't say anything. Nick, do you want to tell us or you are need to tell him? Oh, he can't appear, So the answer is, Butkari was right. All of them are fakes. And over the break y'all. My dad, Sorry, daddy, I'm about to ear you out. My dad was running around the room during Christmas Christmas holiday laughing, showing people this phone, and my godson Ryan goes.
Speaker 2: Should we tell him.
Speaker 1: That that is AI and none of that is real? And we decided we were gonna let him live his Star Wars dreams. But the reality of it is these AI videos got us in a choke hold guys, yeah.
Speaker 3: Holiday, Yeah, because you see this hair. You see this hair right here? You see that how that looks? It is fake? Here it's Rocker roots.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately we can't because you're blurry. Your videos to blurry, so we can't see.
Speaker 3: My video is great, it's your camera's I got new technology over here again. Do you see do you see this? Look at it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: All artificial guys.
Speaker 2: The Seahawks are the NFC West Division champs.
Speaker 4: Congratulations whatever I will say overbreak, the number of our seniors who were in their technology as much as, if not more than our younger kids was pretty extraordinary. In fact, there was a lot of writing done on this. I think one of the articles was like titled the the the the Technology Retirement or something along those lines. That are basically going after the intensity by which our parents and their retirement are being very drawn into and taken by technology and their cell phones and doom scrolling and all that stuff, to the point of concern that many of us express about our kids. And I will I share this was angela earlier Bakari. My kids were They had some playdates over the course of the holiday break, and I was just amazed at how quick they were willing to throw off their technology and to leave it in places outdoors. One of my kids lost it. It was under the tree, and I could not have been happier. As much money as we spent for them, you thought I would have been the other way, but I was excited to see that it didn't take long for them to be disconnected and distracted and away from their technology and back to making up games, spending time with each other, you know, creating stuff and fighting with each other over something that didn't have anything to do with technology. I wish we could embrace that more.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do the flip side of it. I am surprised by how quickly and this I don't I don't know, but how quickly young people are adapting to new tech. My son got a VR headset for his PS five and he was up there over Christmas and he put me on it. It was a Jurassic Park roller coaster like this, but but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely two different sizes of the coin.
Speaker 3: But he was a he was teaching me stuff like I'm like, he's he they God bless my twins. They just turned seven on the recording of this. But they they they grasped technology so quickly that they're teaching it to us. And my my prayer is that we have as a community embraced technology, at least from the perspective of monetizing it and not allowing a new enemy to leave us behind again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, for my I don't know, if we're at our.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean mine would be simply that we find more intentional ways and occasions to help our kids and our families disconnect from technology, not to the loss of whatever the economic profit may be. I think we ought to explore that. But but it feels so good to see kids acting like kids and not obsessed with their technology. And so to the extent that we can create those moments for just authentic connection again, parents, it's possible. We can do it. We can manage it. You know, there are helpful distractions, but then there are moments where you really got to get our kids reconnected to each other again, so they know how to look each other in the eye and talk to each other and makeup games. When there ain't no resources to be had to buy no game, they can make them up and create them all by themselves.
Speaker 3: Action is quite a parallel, because you were talking about I would I would kind of put that under mental health right as a mental health f ast. Mine is more of a physical health I just, uh, just at the beginning of the week went on a sixty hour water fast. Just broke it recently. That's why my skin looked good. My eyes are popping. That water weight is dissipating, my abs are coming. I'm looking like di'angelo and the Nicked video untitled.
Speaker 2: We just talked about AI.
Speaker 3: Right, but also, man, I know knew. The funny part is what I was saying is I hope people are taking care of themselves. I'm doing the the what is it? Sixteen sixteen hour fat inter minute fast, sixteen hours fasting, eight hours eating from eleven to seven. I'm eating. But one of the things I noticed is I've been running a lot in the gym, a lot doing some hot yoga. By the way, shout out to everybody, all the women doing hot yoga, because it's pre show. I was there trying to do a flamingo and a stand in what elver man, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Let me find out the reason you missed the call was because you was in hot yoga today.
Speaker 18: Of course you know I was this morning, baby, this morning. Anyway you talk about you said before the show, Yeah, but way before the show, way before the show. I mean this morning of it.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Anyway, take care, take care of yourself, is what I'm saying. Start out, and the gyms are empty because people on these peptides. I don't I'm not knocking you for it, but make sure that you're also walking, make sure you're running, make sure you're outside stretching your legs. Make sure you're doing those things that make you emotionally sound physically.
Speaker 1: Please be careful with them drugs, y'all, be especially if you don't need it. Those are for diabetics, and I know they're saying it is helpful for losing weight, and I will run the risk of us losing a potential advertiser. Oh well, I will tell y'all be careful because they don't know the impact on the thyrad yet and it could cause thyrae cancer. I am going to join y'all on the mental health support, make sure you are connecting with a therapist in this new year. And on the physical health piece. I gained five pounds over Christmas. I ate like I have no business eating. So I was in hot Yoga right before church on Sunday and they had a hit hot Yoga class infrared.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Damien who was the leader. Also trained at the gym on Monday. I took a break yesterday, but I'm back on it today after this show. Looking forward to that. And I will just say, as a call to action, y'all, we're gonna start including show notes in our show descriptions. I encourage you to go there, read those articles for yourselves, and then make sure that you respond back to us with your thoughts. As you all know, we are down a host. Shout out to Timmy Crosson went on to do bigger and better things.
Speaker 2: But we are going to be having some tryout y'all.
Speaker 1: So if there is a guest host you want to see come on this show. We have a very very special surprise next week. You'll see that on our social media. Make sure you subscribe and make sure you're following us on social so you can see who that guest host will be for next week.
Speaker 2: Until next time, Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 3: We welcome home.
Speaker 1: As always, we want to remind everyone to leave us a review and subscribe to Native Lampod.
Speaker 2: We're available on all podcast platforms and YouTube.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for more shows like ours, check out the other shows on our reasent Choice Media Networks, Politics with Jamel Hill, Off The Cup with se Cup, and Now You Know with Noah Daviarrasso. Be sure to give those a follow, and don't forget to follow us too on social media and subscribe to our text and email list on Native lampod dot com.
Speaker 2: You are Angela Rai, Andrew Gillim and Bacari Sellers. Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 1: There are three hundred and five days Andrew three oh five until midterm elections.
Speaker 3: Welcome home to the Natives.
Speaker 17: Landing on the podcast face tests and for greatness.
Speaker 4: Sixty minutes is so hit, not too long.
Speaker 17: For the great shit, high level combo politics in a way that you could taste it then digest it. Politics touches you even if you don't touch it. So get invested. Cross the t's and doctor I kill them. The app sellers staying on business or why you could have been anywhere but you truse us. Native lampod is the brand that you can trusty.
Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with rezent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.