Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio.
Speaker 2: News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We can do that with touching on a Dary, a strategist for Markets Live at Bloomberg News. Touch on what are you looking at today?
Speaker 3: We have to start with Nvidia, right the name. We are all watching today's shares. We're fluctuating earlier, but it's strongly a higher right now. But go to the Market's Live blog and you will see that the track record is really mixed for this company. We have all the data on the terminal and it shows that for the past three quarter, shares have actually fallen after blowout results. And that's because expectations are so high for this company, right and especially after it already lifted its outlook in March. That should not be overlooked. Because the company lifted its outlook near term outlook from half a trillion to one trillion through the end of twenty twenty seven, that's the number everyone will be looking at if there are any changes there. And by side, expectations in the past have been in the rage of two plus two. That means beat your guidance by two beat your numbers by two billion, and then beat the forecast by two billion. So these are sort of, you know, the lines between the numbers that you need to watch to understand the share reaction of the stock and of the market itself.
Speaker 1: All right, so we will be all over that. In fact, Carol Master and Tim Centovic will be all over that. Carol's an assignment. Oh y is so she's not doing it right, So we're gonna have along with him. Excellent, all right, looking forward to that next up on your list. I'm getting hungry here and this is a good one first.
Speaker 3: So let's ask have you eaten it?
Speaker 1: Tava?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I was actually about to ask you guys, if you have it very familiar.
Speaker 1: I have, but I don't think I've had anything that people typically have with just the bulls. I think I just got the bread ones. Okay, all right, Well I'm going to try. Because they're all over the city.
Speaker 3: We are not part of their crowds, but people are dining there. More and more existing customers are returning, more and more new customers are coming through the door. The company has reported up about six percent now after raising its annual sales sales outlook after a robust first quarter where comparable sales surpassed analyst estimates compared by Bloomberg. And this stands out against the warnings that we've seen from a restaurant analysts and executives, not least from McDonald's just last week saying that the spike and gas prices and just generally the inflationary pressures that I'm seeing from the Iron War could crimp discretionary spending. I mean, it's all there. And the economic data as well, with real incomes turning negative, Well, that doesn't seem to be a problem for this particular company, which stands out sort of defined the crunch and consumer budgets that has weighed on the industry.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, how about lows loas well?
Speaker 3: This one's not as optimistic, with shares a lower by about half a percent now was down more earlier. The home improvement retailer reported a slight miss and comparable sales and operating margin, but a small beat in adjusted EPs. This sort of mirrors what we've seen from Home Depot yesterday, which reported a shortfall and one of its key sales metrics, but overall there seems to be some reassurance that the company reaffirmed its guidance despite talking about all this pressure, CFO saying that they're already seeing oil cost pressure, plastic and resin prices, and despite that, they managed to stick to their forecast, and I mean even Home Depot yesterday managed to erase that lawsuits. It looks to be one of those days when the rising tide and market is just lifting all boats.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.