Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, Preferred Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts Jess Navarrees, Aisha Morrison, Kelsey Charles, and Jane Slater.
Speaker 5: So festive, come mind if I like the cord diversion?
Speaker 6: What is up?
Speaker 7: Everyone? Ho Ho ho?
Speaker 8: All of the holiday greetings to everyone you are listening to Girls Stock BOYSTOK. I am not Jane Slater, indeed I am Kelsey Charles. Turned by Ashan Morrison and Jessinavarrez. We're so pumped to hang out with you guys today on your last Girls Talk Boys stock before the holiday. If you do celebrate Christmas, and if not, just happy Holidays in general and happy.
Speaker 7: Thursday before game Day.
Speaker 8: Because I'm feeling good about this one, guys, and I'm going to speak a win into existence because I cannot endure another one of last week.
Speaker 6: But we will go.
Speaker 8: Into the matchup this weekend and we're gonna give you guys some exce's and o's talk about some of the defensive matchup specifically, because I know that all eyes are on the defensive side of both teams going into this weekend.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about that in.
Speaker 8: A moment, but I do actually want to lead all since we are in the celebration season.
Speaker 6: Pro Bowls were.
Speaker 8: Announced this week, and as you guys know, the format did change.
Speaker 7: There was you know, it was the Pro Bowl game.
Speaker 8: They kind of did some things and then we determined that listen, Pro Bowlers aren't going to try and go and get hurt, get injured. It was just not something that people were enjoying watching anymore. How can we spice things up a bit? So now you're going to have the skilled Challenge format AFC versus NFC. I do think it is brilliant because it is the Manning brothers and if you are a fan of the Manning cast, like why not just continue to perpetuate all things Manning? As an archie Manning New lamented fan signing week, I am here for it. So the Cowboys have seven total guys that did make the roster this year. There is only one other NFC team that had as mates, the Kenstate Chiefs, So you know, listen, if you're looking for silver linings this season, not that we really need a ton of them, but I guess this week more or less that's octually a good sign. Micah Parsons, Trayvon Diggs, Ceede Lamb, second timers.
Speaker 6: For the eighth time, Casual, Zach.
Speaker 8: Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence third time, and the first timers. I thought of you immediately, everyone to first of all, Tony Pollard. We could talk about that, but your guy Turpin made the cut, first player in Conwy's history to make it as solely a kicker and punt returner.
Speaker 7: I mean, are you just thrilled for him? I'm so excited for him.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm excited for all of them obviously, all all very well deserved, and we'll talk about some snubs that I think happened too, but for Cavante specifically. You know what's funny is Aisha and I coming in as the rookies.
Speaker 7: If you will, you just kind of talk to these rookie players.
Speaker 9: And you feel like you're in the same kind of timeline of you know, you're just getting established and knowing all the ropes and all of that, and so with these rookie players, you know, you really you have a different kind of conversation with them, Like I know Kvante and I We've talked about a million other things other than football. But I'm just so out of him, especially coming off of the muff punt that everybody was talking about. Good for him, Good for Cavante. He absolutely deserves it and he deserves all the flowers. Which I will die on that hill, guy, I will die on this Cavante Turpin hill.
Speaker 10: Nah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm excited for Cavante Turpin, Tony Pollard like it's about times. Yeah. I mean Tony Pollard being involved in this offense and what he's meant to this offense for him to start getting I'm just I'm happy that some of the guys are getting the recognition. And then when you look at DeMarcus Lawrence, who I've been just rooting for all season, all of the things he's playing through and has been very vocal about playing through that.
Speaker 6: He hasn't made a Pro Bowl what three.
Speaker 5: Years, And for him to get in this position and be there, these guys have work their tails off. They work their tails off well, Cavante Turpin. I think it's good for people to see other USFL players to see that they can go that route, that it's possible for them to get to this level in the league and to keep working.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is a really great story, and I think it's really exciting for him.
Speaker 6: It is funny though.
Speaker 8: I was looking at the list, and first of all, Zach Martin making his eighth time to the Pro Bowl makes me feel really old or the same age, and that in itself is just like terrifying. I think the one that was fun for me was the Tony Pollard. You know, Turpin, I'm excited about, but I knew you'd carry you know, that baton for all of us. The Tony Pollard one, though, is really fun for me because Tony's been around for a minute with this team. He's very soft spoken. He's one of those guys that puts his head down and just you know, works his butt off, and I love that about him. And he's always been you know, in recent years, he has gotten more and more credit for what he's been doing. But I really feel like having him get this recognition. I don't want to call it a change of the guard, because that's not what's happening, but I do feel like it is it's almost like cementing the status and cementing his position on this team, and not just on this team, but in this league where he you we've said it before, he can go be a number one somewhere else, right, And I don't even even know if I'd call him a number two here, like I think I would just say we'd have two number one running backs.
Speaker 6: But it's I just feel like this is.
Speaker 8: A coming of age for him, if you will, or additional, just hey, listen, like, yeah, you are that guy that everyone has been saying, at least at Cowboys Nation like, but like we are reaffirming that that much more.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And to add to that, even with Tony when he was in college, you look at the roster he was on in Memphis, he had he had backs before him even then, you know. So for him to finally for this offense and this ohsh to finally get him involved this year and for him to it's also a conversation. If you've looked at Zeke and Tony's interview that they did recently, they Zeke was just very open about being humble and understanding that at this point in his career what he's capable of and that they help each other, and I agree with you. I think it's dope that you looked at it in that way because I didn't, and that is a the league is on notice.
Speaker 6: People know who Tony is.
Speaker 5: I think they knew all but now he has I think, cemented himself as one of the best running backs in this league right now, and that's exciting and that's a dope way to look at it.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, and I also think too, when yesterday, when we're talking about Noah Brown and talking about a guy that waited until his number was called, Tony Pollard never had to really wait. I think their stories are completely different. But he slowly stepped up, so it wasn't like this huge jump that you're seeing from one year to the next. I mean, for those of us that have been paying attention to Tony Pollard since twenty nineteen, you knew this moment was coming. But for the fact that he's getting the national recognition now that he absolutely deserves is just so incredible for him because that one two punch is so powerful. It is so powerful. And yeah, he's he's on my list because he's on that free agency list that's coming up during the off season. So no, come on, come on, because for him as a player, it adds more value for him too, just to be like, look, listen, I am absolutely worth this money. Give me my money, like he's absolute worth it. So I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just saying it solidifies for him. It's another thing to add to his resume, is well, doy.
Speaker 7: Football players have resume. No, of course they don't.
Speaker 9: There you go. It's another thing to add to his resume to say, hey, look I'm worth every single penny that I'm going to get.
Speaker 7: And I love that for him.
Speaker 8: We put some respect on my man's name and I am here for it. But on the flip side, with respect comes disrespect. And I do feel like there is some you know, I don't know, some snubs that might have happened people that were left off this list. I cannot believe one of the names that I wrote down. And if y'all are anywhere on social media and you follow.
Speaker 7: Me, you will laugh, you know what it is.
Speaker 8: You will laugh about what I'm going to say, but I will not kick things off because I want to hear y'all's list of who you felt like just should have been on that list and be going to Las Vegas.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm sure I know who hers is, but it's the same as one of the same as me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I'm a number six stand Hey, listen. Donovan Wilson has been one of the best safeties in the NFL this year, and I felt like he's been playing to that level. I think he was at some point in time he was like second and stops in the NFL, Like he's played some fantastic ball and he's I think he's an alternate.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he's an alternate.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I felt a little different.
Speaker 8: With the yes, Yes, you're like, go ahead and alternate me into that lineup.
Speaker 5: Yes, because at the same token where I mentioned DeMarcus Lawrence, who doesn't have a whole bunch of sacks, but he's dominant in the run game for him to get voted, you look at someone like Donovan, I'm like, do y'all not see him everywhere? He affects almost every level of the game. And so I was disappointed in that. But other than that, well, I know the other one something.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm gonna save Kelsey's because I know we agree with that one. But I'm gonna say Layton vander USh. Okay, because Leyton has absolutely.
Speaker 7: High a dominant year.
Speaker 9: I mean just pulling up his stats right now from his rookie season and now, of course they're not identical, but you did kind of see a drop off for Layton from that rookie season to twenty nineteen to twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, and then you see twenty twenty one to twenty twenty two and the jump that this man has taken. And the season is not even over yet. Again, we're not expecting to see him this weekend, but the amount of impact that Leyton has had within this defense has I think at the beginning of the season, it went very unnoticed and we talked about that early. I said keep an eye on Layton because he is not somebody to sleep on. Suddenly he starts getting all this recognition, which is so well deserved because Leyton Vandrush took a leap this year and he absolutely just looks like a polished veteran. And not only that, you all know I love a good leader, not just on the field, but off the field as well. He has so much respect in that locker room, and so I think Leyton Vandrush was snubbed, but.
Speaker 5: It's hard to do when you got Michael Parson's said linebacker too. It's true that they're gonna that linebacker. Yeah, but I do agree. He has definitely played well this year. He stepped his game up, and you obviously you see you need him like you missed him.
Speaker 6: Y'all ahead, get it off your chesir.
Speaker 7: We know we know who it is, all right.
Speaker 8: I cannot believe that the time has come that I am actually going to say this.
Speaker 7: But where is Brett Maher? Where is Brett Maher?
Speaker 8: We knew on the list, we knew my how the turn tables.
Speaker 7: I am now upset. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: I am justice couse views as you.
Speaker 8: Why is Brett Maher Brett Murphy Maher not on the list? I have no idea if that's his middle name, but it is how.
Speaker 7: Kind of curious? You know what I want to say, I did you name your dog after Brett Maher?
Speaker 8: If that is his middle name, that would be hilarious. I need to know his middle name immediately.
Speaker 5: I think that maybe it is because and this could just be me, at the beginning of the year you had Cooper Russian. Brett Maher was, like you need, like he was his he was leading the team in points a lot of the time of course games. And then since Dax's come back, he's he's kicked field goals, but it's just dropped significantly, So I wonder if maybe that had something to do with it. But the guy's been money. He's been fantastic and it's unfortunate. I think Anger got snubbed last year too, So yeah, he does.
Speaker 6: Don't like that.
Speaker 8: I mean, he's twenty three for twenty six field goal percentage eighty eight point five percent.
Speaker 7: He's, you know, not that he's.
Speaker 8: Leading the league, but like he's doing pretty darn well. And like you mentioned, there was a point in our season that that that man who was carrying the team on his back, you know, on his leg, and you know what, guys as one of his biggest.
Speaker 7: Folk vocal supporters.
Speaker 8: I have always been a Brett Maher fan, always kelse, I'm upset, so uh, Bretty boy, I am upset for you. I am upset with you, and I just feel like we should have thought of that one. He falls right in the category for me with the Christian McCaffrey's the two is the Justin Fields and you know, Jayleen Waddles, all those guys didn't make the cut and Brett money Mahrt is on that list, and I'm upset.
Speaker 7: And who would have thought.
Speaker 9: I mean, you go back to even training camp when the entire kicker situation was just rampant in the headlines. And look, I'll be the first to admit when it came to bringing Brett Maher on, I was nervous. I was nervous because look, as a Cowboys fan, you remember, you remember those things, you remember the trauma that you're put through in certain situations. Brett Maher's name in my life at that point with like, Nope, please don't do this to me again. But what I appreciate about him now is, again we talked about yesterday, seeing it from a different perspective this season, is he has.
Speaker 7: A new kind of composure.
Speaker 9: I feel it's a very mature and even killed composure that even when you're just talking to him, he's just very, very even killed. And what I can appreciate about him too is in those high pressures that youuas when he was the only person scoring points for the Dallas Cowboys at the beginning of the season, Not once did you.
Speaker 7: See that reaction from him.
Speaker 9: Even when he makes field goals and clutch field goals, man barely reacts. I mean the amount of even killed I guess mannerisms that this man has is incredible. But good for him. I'm really proud to see how he's progressed through his career. You want to talk about progression and all of that and proving and saying all right, I'm not even gonna say anything.
Speaker 7: I'm just going to show you.
Speaker 9: And that is the definition of Brett Money Maher who does not have a middle name.
Speaker 7: By the way, well.
Speaker 8: It's Murphy now. So the playoffs, yees, I'm just saying, all right, guys.
Speaker 7: We checked his leg at all costs. We are going to.
Speaker 8: Take our first break and we're going to jump into some of the key matchups, specifically defensively, that we think you guys should be looking at and taking notes for. Come Saturday, stay with us.
Speaker 6: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw data. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: Recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, but next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin white open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 10: I'm Duk Prescott back at Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the.
Speaker 7: Fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped slapped. He'll hunks down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Press Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go ahead and entertain y'all with the best dances you've ever seen. Welcome back to the second segment of Girls Talkboys Talk, brought to you by the official dating part of the Dallas Cowboys Jigsaw Dating Jess lead us in.
Speaker 9: All Right, Well, Dak Prescott is this year's Cowboys nominee for the twenty twenty two Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizing NFL players for outstanding community service off the field and excellence on the field. Help Dak earn a twenty five thousand dollars donation to his Faith Fight Finish Foundation By voting on Twitter, you can just tweet or retweet hashtag w pmoy challenge followed by Dak Prescott through January eighth, So go vote Dek.
Speaker 6: All right, So.
Speaker 8: Go vote Dak, but also let's go ahead and talk about Dak and the guys this weekend. I want to break down some key matchups to watch going into this big rivalry game. Albeit it's maybe not going to matter as much to the Eagles because it's Jalen Hurts is out, he's kind of got resting the injury. They were more focused on the postseason.
Speaker 7: They're obviously on a roll.
Speaker 8: Both these two teams aren't a position where they've already clinched the playoff positions, but at the same time, for the Cowboys, there are implications in terms of where their seating could be. But also I just feel like coming off of this past weekend, there's a lot of, you know, mental implications that I think are important to focus on where they need to really get back up again, gain that momentum, and continue to build some continuity as they head into the postseason. So in light of that, you know, obviously Jalen Hurts isn't playing this weekend, but the defense, I feel like for the Cowboys and dan Quinn had themselves a solid first half last week, but then they just kind of almost imploded. And I want to know in y'all's minds. Who are some of the players and some of the key matchups from a Cowboys defense Eagles offensive perspective that we really have to keep an eye on and really have to be locked down and consistently throughout the entire game for the Dallas Cowboys to come away with again again a win come Saturday, and I'll start with you, Aysha.
Speaker 10: So I.
Speaker 5: Depending on what happens with the secondary, that's gonna be huge, but for now, it's the defensive line. The Eagles offensive line is definitely the strength of theirs. I think it's the full strength of their team. They are so dominant, they have so many guys, and with the Cowboys defense, if they're able to get after the quarterback, it's gonna help out this secondary. I'm like we talked about dan Quinn talked about it being a competition, so we're gonna find out who's gonna roll out or whatever. But to me, it's gonna be whoever is the two corner, as we've talked about multiple times, because teams are just going at that that is the matchup they are going at consistently and rightfully. So we understand whatever if you have a new gentleman out there, They're gonna test them.
Speaker 7: So that is a huge part of it.
Speaker 5: But also the defensive line and how they play, how stout they play, how they're able to get off of blocks with this Eagles offensive.
Speaker 6: Line that can get up on you fast.
Speaker 5: So that that's kind of my matchup I'm looking for right now.
Speaker 9: I think for me, the matchup that is most intriguing for me in this game is the return of Dallas Goddard because he's been such a key component to this Eagles offense when he has been playing. I mean, you're talking a tight end that has such versatility within the way he plays, he can be a pro blocker. Yeah, he's very essential with his blocking, but vertical threat. I mean, the guy's everywhere. And so for me, when I talked to jarn Curse yesterday in the locker room, I was like, is this your guy?
Speaker 7: This is how are you feeling? And he's feeling good.
Speaker 9: But he's also very aware of the amount of versatility that Dallas Goddard brings to this Eagles offense and I said, well, you know, how do you manage somebody so versatile and how do you stay focused on that? And it's all. We talked about this yesterday. All where your eyes are right, So Jaron really has to be on que with that. He said, Really, what he's looking to do is what Dallas Goddard looks to do is to make guys miss. So he can be very quick in making guys miss. So he's going to be locked in on that. And something else that Jaron brought to my attention as he said that he's he's all on the screens. But also the leaky yardage after contact, that is something that Dallas Goddard has strengthened so very much. So, like we talk about, not the same position, but Tony Pollard, how he pushes for those extra yards and those extra yards end up mattering.
Speaker 7: Mattering matter, I think, I think mattering works. Mattering. Yeah, we'll go with that.
Speaker 9: We make a word one hundred percent. Okay, Well, how it matters. Dallas Goddard is going to be key for that. So Jaron, eyes on you, my guy. Yeah, keep in my eyes on Jay Roon to see how he contains Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 8: I think that the Dallas Goddard one is a great one, you know, with that tight end position. There's especially with this this Cowboys defense. I feel like it's a great opportunity for the Eagles in terms of a mismatch, you know, any tight end though really in general, like that's kind of one of the main things that they can present because they can be that blocking, the can be that you know, vertical threat too, and obviously they're just massive individuals as it stands. Like I remember when I first met Jason Witten, like back when I was an actual just intern for the Dallas Cowboys, Like that was one of the most alarming humans I've ever seen in my entire life because I was unaware of how massive he was. So I would totally agree with you with the Dallas Goddard. I actually think that he grew up in Texas and was a Cowboys fan growing up, like hence like kind of the Dallas stuff, I think so. But I actually did want to talk more about what you brought up in terms of the d line because I feel like that's been a place where they've had some rotations, and I want to get y'all's thought too, because they've been having Mica lineup on that d N position and I feel like there is some chatter at least in the utilization of him. You've been able to have historically guys in this building or you know, with a star and their helmet, who have played that three four linebacker and then converted more into a four to three. I'm thinking along the line of a DeMarcus Ware That's a great example in my mind. A Clay Matthews is another guy that has done very similar things in his career, but I'm not sure it's one hundred percent to his benefit. And I say that because when you have a guy who's more of that outside linebacker position innately just body wise from a scouting perspective, they're not going to be as big as you're down, you know, the defensive end, So when you put them in a position like that, their bodies are going to get beat up a lot more than if they were just playing off the ball linebacker. So I'm kind of curious, when you look at that defensive line, is that concerning it all to you? Because I just feel like at this part of the season, any and all players are going to be beat up a little bit. But I think we're especially starting to see the wear and tear with Micah and for someone who's so integraled to this team and this defense and the success of this team, does that worry you at all?
Speaker 5: I mean, we talk about it like longevity with these players and preserving players, and when you look at Michael on tape, the way he's getting chipped, the way he's getting it's part of the game. Nobody's complaining in here. We understand that it's a part of the game. But you have to be realistic in the fact that it does wear.
Speaker 6: On guys eventually.
Speaker 5: And I also want to add that, like where you're talking about maybe him not completely staying there, you kind of need a band aid at linebacker right now, Like short week, you don't got a lot of time to change a whole bunch. Layton went down like you kind of need a band aid and someone to come in, and I'm going to assume that he would be the quickest band aid. Maybe that does help protect his body a little bit more. Linebackers a lot of running and it's a lot of work also, But with him, with him rushing from linebacker or just playing linebacker, I think we can also get back to defense is not knowing where he's coming from, not being able to just go and chip him or bring an extra tight end or blocker over there to help out or whatever.
Speaker 6: Double team him.
Speaker 5: Maybe him going back to middle linebacker and situation rationally will help preserve him but also make him It may also just give the def the offense another look again like the way that it was before. I could be beneficial for both for schematically and also for his health as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I think that's yeah, you took my longevity thing, because that's always what I fall back on, because it's true. I mean, you look at Micah Parsons and you forget this is.
Speaker 7: Only his second year. I know that is insane.
Speaker 9: You forget that because he's become such a staple and such a quick staple within this team and within this locker room. So I forget it sometimes, like you even talk to him and it feels like you're talking to a well seasoned veteran who's been in the locker room for ten years at this point. Right. But the longevity does concern me for Micah because.
Speaker 7: Of that competitive nature of him.
Speaker 9: He's not gonna be somebody that's like, oh, sit me down, like I need to sit this out. He will never do that, and so preserving health is always number one in my eyes. But I think as far as what Mica can and bring is I think the last couple of weeks we've seen the decline in sacks just from the defense overall. And I think what Mica does well is he tries to collapse that pocket and he bullies all the quarterbacks. So maybe he's not getting right right there to get the sack, but if you can get in, try to collapse the pocket, start bullying your quarterback.
Speaker 7: You have Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 9: This week, who isn't I don't want to say a watered down version of of Jalen Hurts because he's not.
Speaker 7: He's not.
Speaker 9: But what the Eagles are going to have to do is, and this is any time you have a backup quarterback and you have to take a step back from what you would do with your starting quarterback, you're not going to get the same kind of scheme. You're going to get a similar one, and it's just kind of a lowered version of it. For logistical reasons. You have a backup quarterback that doesn't get every rapid practice. You don't want to hurt him. You don't want to over exert him either, right, So it's a real tip and tap game that teams have to play when you put in a backup quarterback, but also the Cowboys can use that to their advantage. Parsons specifically, get in there in that pocket early, bully him early, and start showing your presence. Tip balls, I mean, little things to show your presence, because again, that is when when you can start getting you know, stop them from establishing the run. You can keep them behind the sticks. That's when the defense has the most success is when your offense that you're facing is behind the sticks. And I think that's important. Mike is just such an integral, integral part of that.
Speaker 8: So I feel like with Minshew you can obviously expect to drop off from Hurtz, right. I look at the Goddard as a matchup that you'll he'll definitely whenever there's.
Speaker 6: Like a big tight end in the game.
Speaker 8: I like to call them like the woob be right, like they're kind of like the go to and the yeah exactly like that like warm blanket that like you always lean on, Right, I definitely think that you'll see that with the Dallas Goddard situation. I definitely look at the d line and kind of have some questions, but man, yell it's the corner for me. Yeah, that I'm really having a hard time with. And I just honestly, like Kelvin Joseph, it was embarrassing, like what he was his performance, I mean, he should have got bench like giving up what like two touchdowns sixty nine yeard.
Speaker 7: It's just it was just.
Speaker 8: Very obvious that they were attacking him and targeting him and game planning against the weakest link. And I feel like that is a solid strategy in Minshew, while he may not be the starter, has enough experience that I feel like he would have confidence in trying to exploit something like that. And you know, I don't, man, I just don't feel great about it because if the guy who's in that starting role is already being attacked, you know, and being taken out of the game, both from a literal perspective and from the perspective of like the defense going after you or I'm sorry, the offense going after you. What do you have behind you that's going to be better than what you put in the game, Like, it's just kind of like logic. So I just feel very uneasy about that. I know, historically the Cowboys have always had a bit of an issue at corner. But I feel like we've had people who, you know, I don't think we respected the Anthony Browns and gave them the credit they deserved at least in terms of being solid players. And now it kind of is becoming a bit of a sore thumb where I'm looking at that on tape and I don't feel good about what that looks like, especially this late in the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you don't have a lot of options of guys. They've brought in quite a few guys Sheffield, Sheffield, McKenzie, Mullins. They brought in some veteran guys who have had tenure in this game.
Speaker 6: I don't both of them.
Speaker 5: I think two of them weren't able to even be elevated if I'm not mistaken. Last game, so you know, dan Quinn talked about, hey, there, this is a competition. So that's what I'm looking for in this game, to see if who's gonna line up there, how that changes things.
Speaker 6: And quite honestly, at this point, I'm just waiting for.
Speaker 5: Just somebody has to be out there that's gonna make the quarterback just look off there the because what's happening is that the quarterback's literally just dropping into doing their drop and they're like.
Speaker 6: Eh, there it is.
Speaker 5: It's not even half the time.
Speaker 6: They're not even going through their other reads.
Speaker 5: So at this point, I'm hoping that DQ can formulate some stuff and maybe find a guy that at least makes defenses think twice. And this defensive line, like we talked about with the pressures, they're also missing covered sex as well. But I will say that when the Cowboys played Philly last game, they sucked Jalen Hurts four times, So there's opportunity there. There's opportunity there. And I also think the Cowboys offensive line is better this time. I know we'll get into that.
Speaker 8: We will get into that here in the next break. But speaking of Christmas and Christmas movies and quotes that Kelsey Charles likes to repeat on the regular, the Grinch movie where he's like, hate hate louth entirely. Jess just gave me a nice little report. The injury report did come out today and officially counter Cowboys cornerback Trayvon Diggs with an illness was reported as a potential questionable for Saturday versus the Eagles. Michael Parson's illness, Jake Ferguson concussion. Dorance Armstrong knee are also questionable. In Layton vander It is ruled out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't see Trayvon days, not like personally does. He's most of the guys that have been ill this last couple of weeks, and it sounds like something's going around.
Speaker 6: We'll see if he touted through it. This is a big game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 8: Let me just say this, like vitamin C shots, go to your your local like medspa emergency, get the wellness shots.
Speaker 6: They will save your life.
Speaker 7: Everyone soone, it travels regularly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, actually I didn't know nothing about that. Oh yeah, it's like they do it in your hip and it will change your life. It's like thirty bucks. It's great.
Speaker 9: I was looking to at the Eagles practice report too, and so the only two rolled out obviously quarterback Jalen Hurts and then titan Tyree Jackson also ruled out. Ruled as questionable is wide receiver Zach Pascal. So other than that, those are the only game statuses that we know on the Eagle side of things. But all of the guys that we talked about yesterday having those limited reps or not participating due to just resting. Most of them all full participants today, So again that was.
Speaker 6: Just they're healthy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're they're trying to preserve healthy. They're healthy.
Speaker 5: They're kind of they kind of how are how the Cowboys were? Will besides obviously deal with Jalen, but they're about this time last year that we were like, cowboys are healthy. Everything's coming together with the same thing, the seven of their quarterback right now.
Speaker 8: So well, let's go ahead and dive into the other side of the ball in terms of matchups. And you know, I might just slander that Bird team and then I know you have some past interference for us, Jess, so go ahead and stay with us. We're gonna go ahead and take our final break sand jigs Dat.
Speaker 1: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Joy and Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, PEPSI loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can. Now, recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, but next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin white open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 11: It's Filly King's Original Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim without added sugar. You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you to our Classic Angel Food or the New Angel Food Slim Blended without added sugar smoothie King rule the day.
Speaker 7: Go jess Oh, welcome back.
Speaker 9: Okay, let's talk the fan of the year, because James Wright is your twenty twenty two Cowboys Fan of the Year. James brings the spice to every Dallas Cowboys game and now he needs your help to help him take him to the Super Bowl. Vote for James to be given the ultimate title of the NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year. Go help our guy James out. He deserves it, all right, Cowboys fans, so help me out.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 8: As I prepare to hopefully watch the Dallas Cowboys beat the Philadelphia Eagles, I want to talk to the other side of the ball here and what Dak Prescott and this Cowboys offense has to do. Listen, I think we all know that the interceptions is something that really has to get cleaned up. And I mean I think they're saying all the right things, They're taking accountability for their actions.
Speaker 7: Am I still concerned?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: But I'd love to hear you know matchups that you guys are looking at in terms of this Cowboys offense exploiting this Philadelphia defense. I'll start with you, Ayisha, and what you've got on your list.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was looking at I was looking at last game just how physical, how physical Chicago played Philly, and it threw them off their dime a bit. They they struggled to fight through that. And when you look at when the last time the Cowboys played played the Eagles, the Cowboys ran.
Speaker 6: The ball effectively.
Speaker 5: Ezekiel elliott I averaged six point two yards of carry had not thirteen. Yeah, because you know that's another thing like Zeke. It's something about Philly that it gets inside him and you can.
Speaker 6: See how he's running the ball.
Speaker 5: I also feel with the addition of Tyrone Smith at right tackle, your offensive.
Speaker 6: Line's still weird.
Speaker 5: But at this point in time in the season, I venture to say, you feel better about your offensive line than you first did. We were still very unsure at that time. So this Cowboys, this Cowboys offense, I'm hoping comes out and runs the ball and runs the ball physically right at these guys. They have some linebackers that can fly, but Seed Lamb also had success against them the last time they played, which was if I'm not mistaken. I was thrown off by the fact that they were able to pass the ball. But Kellen Moore found success with the tight end last game. This was I don't know if you guys remember, but this was Peyton hendershots and firks kind of coming out game and when they played Philly last time.
Speaker 6: So I'm wondering if they're still gonna.
Speaker 5: See that the other their breakout game. I wonder if they're gonna if we're gonna see some of the tight ends getting involved again. And also Dalton Sheltzon play so with their.
Speaker 6: Secondary being so stingy the.
Speaker 5: Way that it is, hoping that the the Cowboys come out and run the ball effectively and also get the tight end uses in. But ceed Limb's not afraid of these guys and when he got one on one matchups, he made them pay. And I want to see it again.
Speaker 8: I'm laughing at the tight ends because I was thinking about their nicknames that they had, like Mary, Kate and Ashley.
Speaker 7: Oh, like yeah, that's literally where my mind was going.
Speaker 8: Like I was like not laughing at the concept, I was just more laughing at what their nicknames were.
Speaker 7: So anyway, sorry, justict no you're good, You're good.
Speaker 9: What I'm keeping an eye on is the Eagles D line because they came at poor justin fields.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they had six sacks last week and each of these guys had two sacks last week. Josh Sweat had to, Javon Hardgrave had to, and Hassan Reddick all had two sacks last week. That was just in one week, six sex in one week, which you know, as a spoiled Cowboys fanatic, right with your deal with your defense, You're like, ah, that's nothing, but that's big.
Speaker 7: That's big.
Speaker 9: So what I'm looking for specifically within this game is the offensive line to have that continuity really established after last week with Tyron back in and you know, maybe Jason Peters is the swing tackle there, but I want to see that continuity because you're going to need it for this game with this D line that's gonna go rushing at Dak Prescott.
Speaker 7: You need the continuity there.
Speaker 9: You need that physicality, and you need to be clean with it. That mental focus needs to be absolutely on. That's what I'm looking for because there was there was a little bit of leakage at last week against the Jags two sacks I believe on Dak Prescott. So what I want to see is that just being cleaned up because I don't want anyone near Dak. Nobody is allowed near Dak unless it's Ezekiel Elliot or Tony Pollodgreb in that ball, I don't want anybody near him because this D line will rush at you. You have a veteran D line really when you're looking at Philly and so something that I did think was interesting was I broke down how many sacks these veteran D linemen in Philly have against Dallas. And so let's see, you have last game, you have Javon Hardgrave, who has two career sacks against Dallas.
Speaker 7: In total in his career he has ten. Oh, let's see.
Speaker 9: You have Fletcher Cox, who let's see, he has a total of six sacks.
Speaker 7: He has five point five or.
Speaker 9: Six sacks this season, but five point five career sacks against Dallas. So notoriously, Again, this goes back to this rivalry just being a game that everyone plays a little bit harder.
Speaker 7: For sure, it's Philly.
Speaker 9: You know, I didn't even want to wear green in this building this week for that reason.
Speaker 8: But absolutely not, it's one of those things. I better not catch y'all wearing green at all this week. I don't care if it's Christmas week.
Speaker 9: I wore green last night, but that's because I had to wear I worked for the Stars game last night. So stars are green, you have toug you have obscured. But my point is they're going to play harder. And that goes for Philly too, So everyone needs to come in and protect your quarterback because they're going to try to get in that pocket. They're going to try to collapse that pocket, and they're going to try to exploit personally. I think Tyler Smith. I think that's who they're going to try to exploit. Absolute and the right side.
Speaker 7: No way