Speaker 1: Hey, we got a brand new second date for you today podcasts Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and today we got either romantic or a cringey first kiss story.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're right, Yes, we are. I don't know right now, dude, I'm just a scholar.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm kind of overly emotional today because my daughter's done with fifth grade today.
Speaker 3: See you again.
Speaker 2: She doesn't move after fifth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mommy's going to live with her in the dorm.
Speaker 4: Wo.
Speaker 2: So sorry. I didn't mean to be so mpr All right, what about comments? What do we gotta like?
Speaker 5: Yes, Zane said, I thirty one years old showed one of your podcasts to my coworker sixty.
Speaker 2: Seven, and he absolutely loved it.
Speaker 5: But then he heard one where they didn't get back together at the end, and now I have to pre listen to them before showing him because I'm not allowed to show him the sad one.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: The sixty seven year old believes in love, Sue, I don't know that the success rate is a high. He's gonna hope it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I don't want to laugh through this whole thing and sad at the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Finished fun You're usually just mad at each other at the.
Speaker 3: It's sad, but they're all funny.
Speaker 5: H Yeah, see how today's goes.
Speaker 2: It's gonna start right now.
Speaker 3: The second date up date, Brooke, I want you to think about the best date that you've ever been on. I know it's probably not with your husband. Nobody here expected it would be. What's the thing that happened that made you say this date tops them all? A big question?
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's just the person I'm with, Like, I come, you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about yourself again.
Speaker 6: The fireworks are like the the chef made me a seven hundred dollars snail.
Speaker 3: The three way kiss at the end. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the waiter.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that makes sense. One of our lists emailed the show saying his most recent date easily ranks number one all time, and I'm just assuming he's been on more than one otherwise that statement really doesn't say much. So let's talk to Chris about it. Chris, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 8: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeahs like you're putting a lot of pressure on this first date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have been on more than one date in your life right.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 7: No, I've been on a lot of dates in the last few years, and honestly, none of them really hit at all, Like I didn't feel like there was any connection. But this last girl, Kendra, it was like the date of a lifetime.
Speaker 6: Okay, are you saying that because of Kendra or because of the activity in the environment.
Speaker 7: I think it was a combination of the entire The huntire night was kind of great.
Speaker 8: You'll see, You'll see by the endow.
Speaker 1: Our dated lives will look paltry in comparison.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yes, let's get right into it. Tell us where'd you meet Kendra? Okay?
Speaker 7: So I bought her flowers? We went to a restaurant, a question that.
Speaker 2: I asked her.
Speaker 3: You're really eager to tell us, and I appreciate that, but.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe so excited about this story.
Speaker 3: Where did you meet her?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: We met online?
Speaker 1: There understand why that was a confusing question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see. And now where did you two meet at a restaurant? It sounds like at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he bought her flowers.
Speaker 7: Okay, And I bought her flowers, which is an important part of the story because she was so shocked by the guy, because no guys buy flowers anymore. That's what she said at me at least.
Speaker 2: Oh, no guys buy flowers.
Speaker 3: Well, they are pretty expensive. I've got in trouble. Like the girls like flowers.
Speaker 2: And they like them after.
Speaker 3: That is a good point, Alexis. I mean, what did Kendra do with the flowers after you gave them to her?
Speaker 8: Well, that was part of the story.
Speaker 7: The server even complimented the flowers. When when the server complimented the flowers, she offered to let the server put flowers on everyone's tables.
Speaker 4: So nice.
Speaker 3: Oh so she accepted your gift and immediately gave it away to the records.
Speaker 7: Okay, which, when you say it like that, it doesn't sound so good. It was really nice to watch that happen, and I'll see other people happy with these flowers.
Speaker 8: It was a really nice moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you bought everyone flowers.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone in the restaurant doesn't get it.
Speaker 3: It is a really good move, though. I feel like it looks good in her eyes, and I assume it must have led to some good conversation, to some good moments.
Speaker 8: It really did.
Speaker 7: In fact, I'd say it got a little cheesy and so good that I got myself a little.
Speaker 8: Vulnerable, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, hants came off that quickly.
Speaker 2: I say it like that. Did you say I cried? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 7: I but didn't cry. But I'm sort of as a twenty six year old. I gave up on meeting anybody at this point.
Speaker 2: So twenty six isn't that old?
Speaker 7: Just so you know, she's twenty nine, and she said she was going through similar stuff, so it was like we kind of hit on the same subjects.
Speaker 3: Wow, what happened At the end of the night.
Speaker 7: We went back to her place.
Speaker 8: We walked to her place.
Speaker 7: She didn't live that far from the restaurant, so it was a really nice romantic walk.
Speaker 2: Did you hold hands?
Speaker 7: We held pinkies?
Speaker 3: That's even better.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the friend finger. Yea, you have a friend finger. That's the one you do pinky promises with your friends. I thought you were going anyway? Did you after the pinky hole thing? Did you get a kiss?
Speaker 7: So it was kind of a funny situation. She lives in a community that has a wall around it, and you have to it's not easy to get into, you know.
Speaker 3: A biodome or a prison something.
Speaker 2: I think it's just an apartment with a gate, is what it means. Twins are pretty common.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like bio prison. I'm not familiar, but okay, I get it.
Speaker 7: There's a gate, so there's a gate, and she didn't have her key.
Speaker 6: So you're locked out.
Speaker 3: Or maybe it's a move that she's pulling where she's like, oh, I can't find my keys.
Speaker 2: She happened? Do you need me to strip search myself?
Speaker 3: Maybe I was more like, maybe we should go back to your place instead. Maybe that's what I think.
Speaker 5: She need to go back to a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm standing naked.
Speaker 3: Brook States. So what happened, Chris?
Speaker 7: I know this sounds ridiculous, but so I decided to jump the gate.
Speaker 1: So you can open it on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had to climb it and pull myself up over it. As I'm pulling myself up over it, I get stuck.
Speaker 8: My pants get stuck on it, and I get gone.
Speaker 7: I'm hanging upside down, no.
Speaker 6: Spiky fences, right, Yes, what did she do?
Speaker 8: Well? She kissed me?
Speaker 2: What man?
Speaker 1: Kiss?
Speaker 3: Upside down? Upside down man?
Speaker 2: And she kissed you.
Speaker 8: I was just as shocked as you were.
Speaker 1: Wow, I guess she.
Speaker 2: Likes her mobile vulnerable.
Speaker 3: I can get him hereun did you like it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Was that awkward or was it romo?
Speaker 7: No, it was a nice It's a very nice romantic moment. But it's been a couple of days since that happened. We texted for a couple of days, and then since then she hasn't gotten back to me.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're a man upside Yeah. It can be confusing because usually you put your tongue this way, but when you're upside down, he needs to go that way.
Speaker 1: So we found another man suspended on a fence and took Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's her thing.
Speaker 6: Some guy working on the phone lines.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we're gonna we're gonna come back. We'll call Kendra for you and try to get you your next most romantic date ever. When we get you maybe a right side up kiss. Crazy. We'll do it with your second date update, next second date update. If you're just joining us, we've basically got the real life Peter Parker on the phone received the rare coveted upside down kiss during his date with Kendra.
Speaker 1: You didn't see the sequel where the Spider Man got his pants.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we're still in the Tobey Maguire universe.
Speaker 1: Toby would totally get his pants stuck on a f Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because it happened after Chris fell while scaling the security gate outside of Kendra's apartment, as you do a lot of dates and hard to climb though, but pants got caught when he fell, and it was there in that embarrassing moment when animal instinct took over and Kendra walked right up to him and smooched him in the face, which is such.
Speaker 1: A good sign because that really could have been an ick moment for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and she thought it.
Speaker 3: Was adorable, So no wonder Chris is describing it as his best date ever. But weird that she's not texting him back since she's the one who initiated that moment.
Speaker 1: You know, we never asked, Chris, did she ever get back into her apartment, because maybe that's why she hasn't responded.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, somebody came by a few minutes later and let her in.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I guess I didn't even take about just waiting until somebody else showed up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call Kendra. We'll see if she picks up.
Speaker 1: And God, I hope this works out for you. I mean, there's so much pressure on this one. You know, it's like his best date he's ever been on.
Speaker 3: Well, I felt pretty relaxed until you said that. Now all of a sudden, I'm stressed out for no reason.
Speaker 2: Don't screw it up, jeff.
Speaker 3: Oh God, okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, is this Kendra?
Speaker 2: Yes, she said, is this.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Kendrick. Yeah, we're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: How many How many of you are there?
Speaker 3: Too many?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a whole show. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: So we're reaching out to you because one of our listeners has asked us to get a hold of you. A guy that you went on a date with recently named Chris.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is all part of a segment we do call the Second Date Update, where we're trying to figure out if there's a reason you have stopped texting him after the date.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously, yeah.
Speaker 3: Obviously the reason should be obvious.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, just like it's obvious that yes, I have a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we just want to know because we spoke to Chris and he told us about your date, and it sounded actually much better than we ever thought it could have been given the circumstances.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'd love to hear your side of the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it was a good date. Like, it was a really.
Speaker 1: Good date, honestly, so cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean I wouldn't have kissed him at the end of it if it was a bad date.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's where you and Brook differed.
Speaker 1: But he told us about that first kiss, like that was crazy, the upside down one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, when you have a movie moment, you have to like take it right.
Speaker 1: Oh, you felt like it was that magical too, Like it really was a movie moment.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it was a spider Man kiss.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's the first thing we jumped to as well. Well yeah, if that's the case, then why after your movie moment aren't you calling Chris back?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I don't really know what he told you besides that week kiss.
Speaker 3: That, I mean, that was the majority we know that you guys went to a restaurant.
Speaker 1: He told us about the flowers that he brought you flowers, and you guys passed.
Speaker 2: Him out among the other table.
Speaker 3: He immediately gave his gift away.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I didn't think he would mind, so it was really sweet. Oh okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, here's the thing. Chris is great, but he lied to me, and I mean he lied about something pretty big, and I big.
Speaker 3: Like what like his name or something?
Speaker 1: Dude, I mean no, it's not his name.
Speaker 4: He said that he was twenty six and he's like forty two ish.
Speaker 7: Yeah again, Wait a second, you had a good time.
Speaker 8: I had a good time. Why does it matter what anybody?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Chris, that doesn't sound good. Yeah, Kendrick, you didn't know this, but Chris has been listening on the other line. Maybe a yeah, my gods.
Speaker 8: That because I'm forty two. But that's off.
Speaker 1: Wait you.
Speaker 2: Are forty two, Chris? You told us that you were twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kidding, bro.
Speaker 8: But age doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how old I am. Again, we had a good.
Speaker 2: Und flying about it.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't matter. Why do you lie?
Speaker 8: That's only thirteen years different?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that is wild so long and Chris, if age isn't important, then why did you lie?
Speaker 7: About it, because she wouldn't have gone out with me if I said I was forty two.
Speaker 1: I had color that of course when I was in my twenties, I wouldn't date somebody in the forties either.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it happens in Hollywood all the time. Men and women are older than the significant others.
Speaker 3: Actually normal, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of healthy relationships and yaps, and it's people having the information to make that choice.
Speaker 2: Right, So she you lied to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kendri, what are your thought this?
Speaker 4: I mean, here's the thing, Like, I'm not entirely true my age on the apps either. What wait, I say that I'm twenty nine, but I'm actually thirty one.
Speaker 8: But that's not like a wait a second, wait a second, you lie about your age online. That's dis shocking.
Speaker 1: Okay, chancastic, you don't really have a leg to stand on.
Speaker 2: I think he's being sarcastic. You being sarcastic, right, No, it's the same.
Speaker 7: A lie is a lie, whether it's twenty nine or forty two.
Speaker 1: So you're not upset that she lied about her age because you lied about yours.
Speaker 7: I'm upset that she's upset about me lying about my age. If she lies about hers somehow.
Speaker 3: You think, no matter what it is, the lies should cancel out and you should be on even playing field.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lie should cancel out a lie.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm kind of messed up that you like.
Speaker 4: No, here's my thing. It's like when people are like looking for people who they want to date, and they go to my age bracket. They're looking for people between thirty and forty, and I don't want to people like I'd rather use someone who's a little bit younger.
Speaker 1: So you aged out of the age bracket you're interested in.
Speaker 3: Is the problem?
Speaker 4: Yes, but not by sixteen years.
Speaker 2: It's thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sixteen.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know how to do math. It's literally sixteen.
Speaker 3: But he's doing the same exact thing that you're doing. He's lying about his age to open up his options the same way.
Speaker 4: That you are, but he's opening it too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, I mean I don't think what she's doing is right, but I can see her point, Like, you have a generation gap between somebody, Well, I guess you're thirty one now, so now you're only eleven years apart in age, So now it's not as big.
Speaker 8: A billions of years old. What's the difference between thirteen years.
Speaker 2: I can't tell who side I'm on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and technically the age gap is just eleven years now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I just said.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't listening to you Brook because you're older. I have my cutoff at age thirty five. So alexis, if you have anything to say, feel free to jump in.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: My question is when you kissed him, did you know he was forty by then? I had suspicions.
Speaker 4: I mean, I knew he wasn't twenty six.
Speaker 6: But that means you guys got along so well, even you were bending your rules a little in your exactly, I.
Speaker 4: Wasn't bending my rules eleven years.
Speaker 6: No, you're right, you are right, But I'm just saying that a point you came to a conclusion almost.
Speaker 1: And you still I think Jose's on to something. You both can you get over this? Is that?
Speaker 2: That's really the question is not.
Speaker 6: The only problem, because if you guys just get along great, Just a big lie about who you.
Speaker 3: Are is that it well the same That age is just a number. It shouldn't matter if the connection is real, and if that connection is true, we'd like to offer to send you to out on another date and we would pay for it.
Speaker 8: That would be nice. I like when people pay for my dates. I do it. I'm down.
Speaker 4: Food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheap, old man, I see waiting for that senior discount. But Kenjo, we will pay for it. It's up to you.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 4: Look, if we would have met organic and had the connection we had, then I might have been able to forgive that he's forty two. But the lying is it's just gonna bother me.
Speaker 3: Your lies don't bother that's right.
Speaker 1: But you're no.
Speaker 4: My lie is fine.
Speaker 3: Lies, you know, Chris, I'm sorry, man, it was the best state of his entire life.
Speaker 7: Well, if that's it, guys, I'm gonna let him know the truth that I'm not actually forty two, I'm forty six.
Speaker 2: What life, No, you're not?
Speaker 4: Is that what you wore the baseball hat backwards on our days? Like you're literally a dad and that's why you couldn't get over the fence.
Speaker 3: No wonder he knows who Toldy maguire is rooking Jeffrey in the morning. Man. I know this happens all the time on the dating apps now, where people lie about their age. But I don't know if I'm ever gonna to understand the thinking behind it, because at some point the truth about your real age is gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well maybe it's like one of those things where you feel like you'll just be so connected by then it won't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when you hop right. I don't think that that's ever true. A lie always matters, but yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Eventually you're gonna have to explain why your high school graduation photo has a watermark that says Sears portrait student in nineteen eighty six, and everyone's gonna be confused.
Speaker 6: I thought it was bold that he tried to play off that he was younger than her. Yeah, I'm okay, I'm thirty two, or like I'm a few years older.
Speaker 3: He's three years younger than her.
Speaker 2: He's overcome years different.
Speaker 1: All I need to know is what filter he's using on his photos. I don't need it for personal use, I swear. Yeah, it's just a curiosity.
Speaker 3: Okay. So just to be clear, we're not saying don't lie. We're just saying lie smarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, to do that, Jeff, We're saying don't lie.
Speaker 3: We'll make it believable, Okay, Okay, Yeah, so if you want some help with your dating life, lies or not, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go find out all of our second dates. They're up online wherever you get your podcasts, just search Brooke and Jeffrey