Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Tuesday, Dan and the Danis dan Patrick Show. Morale is high. We got Fritzie supplying the humor. He is the Minister of humor. Marvin is here, we got Seaton, we got Paulie, and coming up after this show in an hour from now, people be talking about this as maybe competition to the super Bowl. The tension is it's palpable. You can feel it. It's tangible. It's going to be the match. It's going to be Marvin and Paulie versus Fritzi and Seaton. It's going to be pickleball, and it's high stakes, is what it is. They got uniforms, they got shoes, They've got everything except for the talents.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, just like the super Bowl, people want to know when you're making your prediction.
Speaker 4: I've already made my prediction.
Speaker 2: This is easy. I'm going back row. Fritzi and Seaton will win the match. I've got prop bets as well. First injury, what will it be? What part of the body. Fritzy and Seaton are favored, by the way, very similar to the Kansas City Chiefs by one and a half. So just letting you know. Pole question for the final hour the program is going to be one.
Speaker 5: Let's see right now, we got two of them up there. They Browns are dot dot dot a total mess or in a great spot for the future. You want to take a guess at that one. I'm going to say, people say a mess. How many people do you think are saying seventy seven percent? That would be ninety five have them as a total mess.
Speaker 4: That's mean spirit that is that is people are not.
Speaker 5: Buying a mean spirited We also have If you were Travis Kelcey and the Chiefs win the Super Bowl this year, you would retire or keep it rolling. Sixty three percent of the audience would retire. Okay, probably not going to get better than that.
Speaker 2: No, But if you don't have to retire and you just win a championship, then you want to continue to play. John Elway had to retire. So that's where we go, Oh, that's the perfect script. Nobody wants to go out that way. They always say that. Then if you win, you're like, well, then go out that way. Now I want to run it back again. Jerome Bettest went out that way. Bussy probably could have played another season. All righty eight seven to seven to three. DP Show Email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, and our radio affiliates around the country, numbering over four hundred. Our next guest is the fastest Manning of all time, the funniest Manning of all time, and his son is about to take over at Texas. He's our guy, the Manning on the street, Cooper Manning joining us on the program. There, Yeah, last time the super Bowl was here. We gave Cooper a camera and a microphone, and Coop went out and entertained the French quarter there and we launched a career. Was that your first time on camera doing things like that?
Speaker 6: Not my first time on camera, but certainly the first time that people are going to watch something I did on camera. So I couldn't believe y'all just roll the dice. It was no direction, it was just a camera go harassed people. It was Polly gave me no guidance. I just said, there's a camera, there's a French quarter, have at it.
Speaker 2: And this is the last time we were here. And Polly goes, hey, what about Cooper Manning on the street. I go, you see any good? He goes, Oh, he'll be great. I said, well what direction he goes? I don't think he needs direction. I'll just tell him, Hey, go ask people questions whatever you want to ask them in the French Quarter.
Speaker 4: And that's what you did.
Speaker 7: It was I didn't want to put a muzzle on him. We walked down there.
Speaker 3: He saw some guy who was about five foot four with a Bo Jackson jersey on him and starting interviewing him as.
Speaker 7: If it was Bo Jackson. And I was like, we got it.
Speaker 4: We're good. Yes, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: I used that truthfully and presented it to ESPN, and the Fox was trying to maybe develop something, Fox that this is something. So here comes the tenth year of the Manning Hour. It's really essentially everything we did in those a couple of days in the Quarter has evolved into a mediocre career.
Speaker 2: But you go to media night this night, Yeah, and you show up in a band outfit.
Speaker 6: You know, a major A major at a drum major, A drum major, right, a dumb major.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, in New Orleans you kind of have to have a costume closet and it's always being filled. So literally, on Saturday, my wife came home because I bought these for Marty Gradge just in case, and I went, I like this drum major hat, and you know they are always bands and parades and Super Bowl and I thought it made sense, and he just filled in the rest and.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, you know. Yeah, But you go up and interview Travis Kelsey. Did he know it was you fifty to fifty? Maybe no?
Speaker 6: At first, no, And then he kind of started my line for questioning, started bringing in brothers and mothers to it. He was, yeah, he's he's a good guy. He was a good sport. Are you still the fastest manning in the family? Uh No, it's it's over. It's been a good run. I mean, you know, and I've gotten better every year. Peyton and he like camp at one time, but I would say those days are well, who's faster than you? Arch, Well, no, your son, my daughter, and my other hides a freshmen at Texas. I'm sure he's eating like a you know, a plate of cheese fries right now, he's drinking a beer and he could still outrun me to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: So what advice would you give to parents with the situation that you're in. I don't know if Arch your dad helped Peyton and Eli with his There wasn't nil, but just being the dad and the questions that come about, opportunities that come about. What advice would you give to somebody who might be in a similar situation.
Speaker 6: I think the best advice I can give is to look at the school where you're gonna go and where you're gonna be happy. I mean, if money is dictating where you're going to go for the next four years, you're probably gonna make a mistake, and you know where are you going to be? I always tell Arch, where are you going to be on Sunday nights? When you've thrown three interceptions? You've gotten beat by the Crosstown robbery, your girlfriend broke up with you, you got two tests you haven't studied for, it's cloudy, and you're homesick. Where are you still going to be relatively happy? And if you can figure that out, you made the right choice.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't let you know a short term dollar amount and dictate a career. How do you navigate nil? Slowly and carefully? I mean, I think you're Again, you know, I think it depends. Everybody's in a different situation, certainly, but I think to play the long game is probably the best way to do it. You don't you don't want to get caught up in doing these little short term you know things that might if you start having some success, could cannibalize you being able to do something bigger. No, you did a little dinky deal here that's going to purch you from doing something bigger. So I would just pick your spots carefully and worry about the craft. The reason you're there is to get an education and play football, to make friends that have a great college experience. It's not all about how much money you can jam in your pocket those couple of years. So again, I look at college a little differently than everybody else does. Sometimes I think, such a precious time and you know, kind of molding.
Speaker 4: Who you're gonna become.
Speaker 6: And if just if it's just a straight dollar decision, then I think you miss out on a lot.
Speaker 2: And I was wondering about this too because Arch sat and then Quinn Eewers comes back, you know, this past season, and then I wonder. But that's part of the process of being patient. Waiting for your turn and not transferring. But I'm wondering, at any point does your son come home and say, Mom, Dad, I want to talk to you. Should I stay? I can go play right away some other place.
Speaker 6: Now, I think I think having your children struggle with some things is good.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it's frustrating not to play. Did he love it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Was it probably good for him in the long run, yes, And so you know, you know, you don't want your kiddos to come home and be unhappy. But at the same time, sometimes going through a little hardship and some bumps in the road are are good. Arch Is gonna have plenty more of those. You know, these are the real ones. When you get beat this year and throw bad games. I mean they're you know, you know how they do in the media. They they crown you way.
Speaker 4: Too early and then they jump on and kill you.
Speaker 6: So he's getting over way too much attention and way too much credit, and he's going to struggle and they're gonna say.
Speaker 4: He's not as good, he's overrated. It's coming where I knows it. So it's uh, it's kind of easy to see that, you know, right, But.
Speaker 2: You can tell him that is going to happen. Eli and tell him, Peyton can tell him. But until he goes through that.
Speaker 6: Right, it's no fun to go through it. It's but it's going to happen. Everybody is. He's you know, it's inevitable. No one has this. Football is hard and playing quarterback is really hard, especially when all eyes are on you.
Speaker 4: So it's just part of the deal.
Speaker 6: It's part of growing up, and you know, the whole everybody likes the guy. Can, you know, get beat down and come back and you've got to keep coming.
Speaker 4: What do you like during a game?
Speaker 6: Well, this year, last couple of years, it's been pretty fun. I've kind of enjoyed just being the backup quarterbacks days.
Speaker 2: It's pretty it's pretty delightful. We always like the backup.
Speaker 6: I'm the crown prints of the parent section. You know, I could do no wrong, but I think I'll be a lot more nervous and you know, just probably biting fingernails and head down.
Speaker 4: But I like sitting with the parents.
Speaker 6: We have a great Texas has a great parent section and good family oriented group. We sit with the fans and I mean sit with in the stands with them, and.
Speaker 4: A good group he's Cooper manning the other many.
Speaker 2: Did you ever get caught up in like your identity or lose your identity because your brothers have such an identity?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I've always been pretty comfortable with who I am. I'm super proud of my brothers. I've loved every moment of their success. I was in horrible moods when things didn't go right, you know, on Sundays for them and Saturdays and and you know, all smiles and buying everyone drinks at the bar when it went well. So I you know, I went through it just as much as any rabid fan, and probably even more I was. You know, it's it's tough being you know that. I've enjoyed kind of having a little bit of a reprieve from that, and now it's getting ready to crank back up again, where you you know, every single penalty and you know drop and catch and is he out of bounds? Just you just grind and eat it away and then that night you sleep on it and think about it over and over.
Speaker 4: So and you're gonna be on camera a lot.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I got a lot of you like that, Thank goodness, you make up you you like that no. I mean I don't want to be. Yeah, I'll find I'll hide, I'll get a big hat. They'll never find me.
Speaker 2: I when the first time I saw the Manning Cast, I was like, they're they're not to work. I mean that's just basically I loved Eli. The real Eli came out in the Manning Cast. You know, he was he was stealthy.
Speaker 6: My dad said the other day, He's like it took Eli till he was forty until he got a personality, you know. I mean he is absolutely in his element. He's so comfortable back there. He's literally in his garage. I mean you go downstairs in his basement. I mean he just walks downstairs from the den and hooks up a mike ands like, all right, let's talk football. And I think that was kind of the whole intention of this thing evolving, is that Peyton said, look, I don't want to be on the road on you know, Fridays, and then going to practice on Saturdays and waiting Sundays to do a game. And then kind of with COVID and zooms and the idea of being able to do things a little more remote came to fruition. He's had a buddy of his down the road. He's got this great man cave. He literally he was renovating his house and he called his buddy and said, hey, can we hook it up there?
Speaker 4: And it's there to stay.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: He Peyton loves it, and he loves the prep still. He loves preparation. He loves talking to the coaches. He's got plenty of guys that help him, you know, breaking down film and so.
Speaker 2: But Peyton gets so bothered by mistakes. But he's watching, like, I can't imagine what, you know, be a teammate of his.
Speaker 6: How about how about how about a high school coach of his son?
Speaker 4: Coming up? He's gonna be getting.
Speaker 6: A few voice memos on on Saturday Morning.
Speaker 4: Goodness gracious.
Speaker 2: I remember asking Tony Dunjay said, how do you think Peyton would be as an analyst on TV? And he goes, he would drive everybody crazy with this preparation. He would drive everybody. You would be like, stop, Peyton.
Speaker 4: Is prepared for everything.
Speaker 6: He's already you know, if we have a golf match in May, he's already concerned. Walk in the corner, Do I have my transportation lined up? And where am I going to park? He is a detail oriented guy, and he doesn't sit still well and his brain is always it's moving. You see him sometimes just kind of off in the corner like to himself, and it's wheels are turning.
Speaker 2: I do love that Eli. I don't know if he got a personality at forty. I think he felt comfortable to showcase his personality to his brother, and he's he just he slices and dices Peyton and it's really it's really great to see.
Speaker 6: He's really one of the few people that does that with really you know, where Peyton doesn't kind of keep a note like how muchever. I'm going to return this favor and fire five years after what Dan Patrick said about me. Now, yeah, Eli Payton held a grudge for five years against me?
Speaker 4: Oh did he?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 4: Oh a long time ago. Mine was at least six or seven years. So you're you're he held a grudge. He was held something over your head.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, But I mean Eli has just carte blanche to just rip him to death, and he can't. I guess their partners forever. If they break up, it shows over.
Speaker 2: And I like when he says it's Snyder remarked to Belichick. Yeah, I mean about you know, I don't know what it feels like to lose to you in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I know he's gotten cocky. What the hell?
Speaker 6: Eli? Yeah, I think anybody who comes out of the New York you know, media mass with you know, relatively on good terms his Uh, I guess can say whatever he wants.
Speaker 4: Where are you going to be on Super Bowl Sunday?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be Actually, I worked for Fox, and Fox has the games. I'm gonna be running the streets. I'll be down in the dome early and uh, I don't know exactly what they had me doing, but probably interviewing a bunch of celebs that are coming to the game, so, you know, and asking him ridiculous questions. And then I'm I'm free for the games. So I'm just gonna be walking and go watch a game. What are you gonna be wearing? Are you gonna wear an outfit? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 6: It depends when Saturday night goes it dictates Sunday courage.
Speaker 4: Any tips for us the next couple of days here?
Speaker 6: And yeah, I mean y'all need to make sure you at least have a shrimp pull. Boy Fried shrimp pull Boy, maybe a roastby pull Boy, some uh, some fried oysters, some raw oysters, a couple of bloodies, maybe some tunes. Maybe a new outfit for Paulie. We could probably work something.
Speaker 7: I was waiting on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, maybe a shirt with a belly button. Done show other than that?
Speaker 7: Did you I thought New Orleans that was a thing.
Speaker 6: Well it will be. Yeah, yes, throw me some beads, you'll take your shirt on. Oh good, yeah, we want to see those nips. Did you ever get in trouble in the French Quarter growing up?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hell there was a bar we used to go two in the French Quarter called Crazy Corner. And I literally think the drinking age was thirteen.
Speaker 8: I had.
Speaker 6: I had a station wagon that it was going to be mine when you could drive at fifteen. But my friends were older so they had I mean, I had a car without a license and we'd drive down there and uh and leave it there for the night because you couldn't drive. I mean, you know, just the drinking age here is bizarre. I mean, you know, you people, It's like I always thought it was funny people from New Orleans go off to college and everybody's running wild. They they're looking at him like, what's your problem, buddy? I've been doing this for three or four years, you know, so it's a it starts fast. You learn how to deal with people and you know, handle handle yourself in front.
Speaker 4: Of adults and have a few pops and not get in too much trouble. When's the lunchtime you threw up? Oh from uh?
Speaker 6: You know, I dry heaved really hard this weekend. I'm not gonna lie saw something kind of gross I was. I got into a beer drinking contest. We have a buddy whenever you call them about eleven o'clock PM and you're kind of feeling a little a little high, you know, a little little.
Speaker 4: Ready for a couple more. You call him.
Speaker 6: He's a neighbor and he always comes over and he brings a big ice chest full of just those little seven and a half ounce ponies high lives. Yeah, you know ice.
Speaker 4: You just he's like he's like on call, like just waiting and.
Speaker 6: Go and then you call it, Gordo, We're gonna have beers over here and Gorda there, and then you just you have to have a you know, I had five or six I just just race them, you know, just open the throat and let it go.
Speaker 4: And so I felt like ass the next morning. It was worth it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to give a a plug for the Manning Hour?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's the you know it's the greatest, too minutes fun. You know that you're a Manning aren't you supposed to be ready to promote?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Got you right? I know, I just they don't pay me enough. Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, if you like, if you like seeing another side of players, I think that's kind of the whole thing. You get a manicure, you get a pedicure, you get a couple's massage with you know, Greg Olsen or Cam Newton or Odell or all these great players that have been kind enough to join the show. You kind of show what are they like outside of the helmet. So year ten comes to a rap, hopefully. Uh there's a year eleven. You know, I'm a year to your guy.
Speaker 2: Great to see you, Thank you somebody, Thanks to you for stopping by, Thanks for giving me my start. Yep, and tell your parents I said hello. I definitely had had dinner at your parents house many years ago.
Speaker 4: I remember I was there. Yeah, and I serving and we didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, and this is my son Coopay and I was like, oh damn, he's serving us.
Speaker 4: I went into Peyton's bedroom though, did you yes? Was he was he in there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: He was, But but you're there doing some deep knee band your dad.
Speaker 4: Your dad was like, Peyton's not going to be happy. Yeah, well he didn't like the medal and and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody wants you to be in your bedroom. I wanted to jump up and down on the bed.
Speaker 4: You should have. You probably did.
Speaker 2: He's Coopa Manning, Coopa Peyton, never pett.
Speaker 4: Now to pronounce your name.
Speaker 6: It's Cooper, Cooper like it's Cooper, like cookie like you don't read a book, don't need a talking chip, cookie and a cookie Cooper.
Speaker 4: You'll get it.
Speaker 2: Dayton, Ohio, you know takes a lot. Thanks for joining us. He's Koopa Manning. We're back after this Dan pat Pick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 12: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 12: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 4: Right, So check us out.
Speaker 11: We like to get you involved, to take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 4: As they say, I'd.
Speaker 12: Say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 11: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Get a couple of phone calls in here, we'll play the Miles Garrett game where we think he will be next year. Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback in the first hour, said Detroit, Now I got the DraftKings odds and the odds right now? Are he stays with the Cleveland Browns? Eight seven to seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle it DP show James in Virginia. Hi James, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Oh? Thank you taking my call? Brother, Happy Tuesday, DP Dan commute the commanders, man, And speaking of the commander, I hope they do go all in for a Miles Garrett and I love to see him in the burgundy and gold. And speaking of the name change, it don't matter what they call him, as long as they're wearing the burgundy and gold. And I love the w on the helmet, you know what I mean? Going forward? Man, I love Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs and the Super Bowl. It is against my religion to root for the Eagles. And with one last thing, DC, you know, I called a couple of weeks ago and told you we were expecting our second child. And we just found out, Man, we're having a beautiful baby boy. Man, so so excited and thank your garret for giving me time.
Speaker 3: DP.
Speaker 4: I think that's right. I like its gonna call him Jaden, right.
Speaker 8: James Clinker Edwards deft Man.
Speaker 2: No, you could have done Jaden Daniel and name him after me. So Jad and Daniels Daniel Patrick ballgame?
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 2: Oh great, well, God, thank you, James. That sounds like a no. Sam in Los Angeles? Hi, Sam, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Good morning Dan?
Speaker 13: And good morning Dan and Dan ed Thanks for taking my call again. Hey, so this might be a poll question for tomorrow. I think the NFL, and with all your power and influence, I think the time to drop the Roman numerals because nobody can read which one it is. Just imagine if the Masters used Roman numerals? Where were the Masters Roman numeral? Or the World Series in baseball? And why don't they just call it Super Bowl twenty twenty five like they do the Rose Bowl. When UCLA won in nineteen eighty two, it wasn't Rose Bowl thirty seven. So what are your thoughts on that you can't even understand what they are these days?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe are we teaching that in school Roman numerals?
Speaker 4: How to read that? Yes?
Speaker 14: Marvin the Roman numerals. That's not the issue. The issue is the logos and a lack of creativity. That's true back in the nineties, the eighties, even before that, it used to be you know, something like San Diego Zoo themed for the forty nine ers charges super Bowl.
Speaker 9: But now it's the same old x l.
Speaker 4: V and the trophy and just the trophy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what needs to change.
Speaker 5: Very boring, yes, s Yeah, I mean I think Sam has it a little reversed and that people will say super Bowl L but just because they don't understand that L is fifty, right, So it's like it shouldn't be that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I get that it takes.
Speaker 5: A little extra legwork, but the only reason that people say that people do say say super Bowl fifty, but it's just written as an L.
Speaker 3: It's not that crazy. Yes, boy, my theory and why the NFL keeps it. They're the Roman Gladiators Gladiator. The Roman numeral has that feel of the gladiator days, and they want to still embrace that gladiator feel of their sport without the hitting that it used to have.
Speaker 7: The Roman Gladiator.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let's just how about with just a quick poll question you want to keep the Roman numerals for this suit, keep it seating, Yes, and.
Speaker 4: Ad lines to the field. Just kidding, Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 9: I would keep it, keep it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's East coast bias.
Speaker 4: Guys only like that because true, we're closer to Rome mid west West coast. They wouldn't be in favor of that. Yeah, of course, no one's brought that up.
Speaker 9: We're talking about the chiefs.
Speaker 4: Rome court advantage.
Speaker 2: Oh, we just stumbled onto something. We were talking about NFL bros. And uh, if you're going to hang with the bro what if I said the best set of brothers talent wise, like you know you have Gronk and Baby Gronk and other Kelsey's Banning's the boss in there? Or should we just do Are the Watt family sharp bros? Oh yeah, Sterling Shannon boy, you wouldn't get in a word edge wise if you were with those guys.
Speaker 4: They're pretty good. Yeah that's not true. We're pretty good with them, Thank you, Todd. How about we.
Speaker 2: If if it was just to hang with oh hang hang like you watched the super Bowl with?
Speaker 4: Yes, but at their house?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you can go and you got Eli and Peyton, you got the Bosa brothers, and you got Gronk and the Watts and Sterling and Shannon shar anybody else that we're leaving out there, Marvin, you go first, Who do you want to hang with?
Speaker 14: TJ and JJ, The Watts Okay, Todd, the Mannings, Seaton.
Speaker 4: Probably the Manning. Okay.
Speaker 3: As much as I love the Watts, I think they're going to try to get a lift in at halftime and eat a little healthy because you never know.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go to Manning. They they stealthy get after it.
Speaker 4: Still, I'm gonna go the Sharps.
Speaker 2: I've been around Stirling a lot and he is a very, very very funny guy. So you bring him in, Shannon, you know he's gonna dish on some things there, maybe bring a surprise guest there who knows.
Speaker 5: But Williams shows up, it's gone crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean he's going to bring in somebody's coming to that that tailgate party. Oh you had the right answer, because you're going to Yeah, absolutely, o Cho Sinko is going to show up. Like if you think the Bros, who's going to invite their group? The Sharps are gonna have they're gonna have some people there. You know, I'm gonna guess Little Kim or somebody like that might be there. Little Kim all back, that's what happens.
Speaker 4: Why thank you to Yes.
Speaker 3: I think the Gronkowski brothers will be fun to watch hangout. But if you hang out with them, you're getting hit in the growing seven.
Speaker 4: That's true. Somebody's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: R definitely, And it feels like they're gonna be like giving you nogies, you know, having you a headlock.
Speaker 5: Those kind of feels like the Watt brothers are gonna spend the whole time yelling at each other, like arguing.
Speaker 4: Look, oh yeah, well remember when you stole my biker camp the year?
Speaker 5: And then you're gonna be like, ash, I don't know what any of these things are.
Speaker 2: How many defensive Player of the Year awards you've gone, Well, yeah, who couldn't get a second against that?
Speaker 7: Lets up, par dude, Let's test it out.
Speaker 4: Or you can hang out with Ross Tucker. Oh, Ross Tucker all day, all day. I love that, definitely.
Speaker 7: I don't even have a brother, but I love what it looks like a little version of me.
Speaker 4: Ross would be a lot of fun there. Yeah, yeah, he'd be good dude.
Speaker 2: All right, let's play the Miles Garrett game where we think Miles Garrett will be next year.
Speaker 4: Paul, this is your game. You start my Garrett.
Speaker 3: Game out of nowhere. I'm going with the Denver Broncos. They're trending upwards, far away, but it's in the The Denver Broncos will trade. Wow, that'll be fantastic, Seaton.
Speaker 5: It's the first team that I thought of, and I'm i tended. It's hard to move me off of the first one that pops into my mind. But I'm gonna say the Commanders. I think he ends up there.
Speaker 4: Okay, I do, Todd.
Speaker 15: I know they already have a solid defense, but they're right at the cusp of getting back to glory days. And I picture Reggie White, He's already used to the cold, the green Bay Packers. I could totally just picture him in a Green Bay Parker in a four Marvin. Yeah, I don't think they're gonna trade him within the AFC. So I think the Bears are going to make a push and Miles Garrett will be a Chicago Bear.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say the Cleveland Browns a minute, say they can't get rid of.
Speaker 3: Him, can't can't or won't can't won't.
Speaker 2: I don't think they think they're as far away as we do. That tough division. I mean, you know, Deshaun Watson's a mess, but they still have some pieces to be competitive, and they did make the playoffs the previous year with Joe Flacco.
Speaker 3: Yes, I look at the Browns like the thunder or something where they could if they could somehow ditch Watson's contract, trade down in this draft and trade Miles Garrett, they could set themselves up for three, four, five, six, seven years down the line, like a major League Baseball team would to stockpile draft picks and hopefully he's in the right way. Where are they going next year? They getting past anybody next year in the AFC, but this quarterback.
Speaker 4: Situation probably not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like a futile effort to play for now and you're a guy who wants to leave, who's expensive.
Speaker 2: And then Albert Breers said Detroit, which I found like if you want to go all in, and we talk about this like San Francisco was all in the Rams a couple of years ago, were all in. Now you have this situation if you're Detroit, go all in, go all in. You have him and Aiden Hutchinson. Give up those draft picks. Those draft picks are going to be the twenty ninth and thirtieth pick.
Speaker 4: Give them up.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you don't have to give up any talent. But if you can do that and all of a sudden you put him in there and you did inquire about him at the trade deadline, that to me, that would change the dynamic I think of the NFL going into next season. Yes, Todd future T.
Speaker 10: Shirt Motown Miles got into that.
Speaker 9: When he goes to the Lion's motown line.
Speaker 10: Motown Miles, can I SELLI get that?
Speaker 4: Whoo nice? I don't need to be patriot.
Speaker 2: I can see your brain working and your gearing up, and I always hope that it's going to be something really good, rarely rarely surprised that it is good.
Speaker 15: You can't picture someone holding up a sign Motown Miles if he was on the stick with it.
Speaker 4: But what does that mean? Just there's an alliteration, Yeah, because.
Speaker 10: Of the m Motown Miles.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then what if he goes to Minnesota.
Speaker 10: They could be Minnesota Miles many Miles Mini Miles.
Speaker 9: There's not many about that guy.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, by the way, Treger, we're having uh we're having food tomorrow with Treger, just letting you know, mind saying Thursday, Yeah, and then Friday, King Sawan comes in just because you guys were kind of complaining that you didn't have lunch and uh so Tragger's coming.
Speaker 15: They can bring those little pretzel slider buns that I love song on Friday.
Speaker 2: They will, Yes, they will. Okay, how about we take a break, we'll come back. What we learn, what's in store tomorrow? This day in sports history? All of that right after Vince.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Jim Harball will join us on the program tomorrow. Rich Eisen will stop by on loan from NFL Network. Sal Pallantonio for The Mothership will join us as well.
Speaker 4: Last call for phone calls.
Speaker 9: What we learn?
Speaker 2: What's in store tomorrow? I just had a moonpie. I haven't had a moonpie in fifty years.
Speaker 4: It tasted great. I don't know where it's been all my life.
Speaker 7: Who bought them?
Speaker 4: They have a craft's services here.
Speaker 2: I spared no expense for this trip, and I said, give me all the goodies.
Speaker 4: So there's oreos, there's.
Speaker 2: Moon pies and all kinds of things, even some healthy things back there.
Speaker 4: I hadn't had a moonpie in fifty years. Also, I hear during Marti Gras they throw moonpies. That's a big deal.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, I'm on moonpie dot com as we speak.
Speaker 3: Dan an American snack popular across the South, particularly marshmallow filling two round gram crackers in the center dipped in a flavored chocolate coating.
Speaker 4: Tasted great. The snack is.
Speaker 3: Often associated with cuisine of their Ark and South, where it's accompanied by an RC COLA call back.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, I could go for like a mister pib right now.
Speaker 7: It's a one seed or a fresco, you know, I just stay with mister Pibby.
Speaker 4: Were right on, yes, yes, Todd.
Speaker 10: So when they say shows.
Speaker 15: Your moon pies for beads that they're talking about the little chocolate circular candies.
Speaker 4: How can Why are you limping to the finish line? Yeah you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And I'm not going to pay you for today's show. They don't have No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not. You made some mistakes.
Speaker 2: You made some mistakes today, didn't you behind the scenes made some mistakes.
Speaker 10: About some mistakes I made at least one.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go around the room. Should I pay Todd for today's show?
Speaker 10: Paul?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Setan, Heck.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Marvin, Yes, Why do you mean like that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like you're being mean to the audience with some of these lame lines, and then I'm blamed for it.
Speaker 10: It does reflect poorly on your.
Speaker 2: And then we have the I think your mind is elsewhere because we have the big pickleball match coming up, and maybe that's.
Speaker 4: Where you are.
Speaker 7: Heck yeah, Todd, get focused by.
Speaker 2: And I do have prop bets for the pickleball match between it's Marvin and Paul and it's.
Speaker 4: Todd, Todd and Seatan.
Speaker 2: More lately, uh Seaton and Todd are favored by two and a half the match, and we will be videotaping this, so we'll bring this to your attention tomorrow. What injury will be sustained? First, n is the big favorite there ankle, achilles, hamstring, hip, arm elbow.
Speaker 15: That's factoring you, Toddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course player to miss the ball the most. Paul is the big winner there.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Then Todd Marvin in seatan, I don't think i'd put you that high up. I'd probably put Paul Marvin Todd Seaton.
Speaker 4: You. You you displayed some I got decent hands on you.
Speaker 10: I'm just very slow and bending down is not a great thing. This is a good everything off.
Speaker 3: This is actually the perfect sport for Todd. It's limited side to side movement, not a long distance. You could play it wearing short sleeves.
Speaker 10: You gotta slam it, you know, Yeah, with the bicyle.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna be dangerous. I do.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna be just like whiffleball, where you were surprisingly good. Like I think that's that shocked all the backroom guys that are like man Fritzie was an animal to play.
Speaker 15: But much like wiffleball, I think I'm gonna start out strong and then I'm gonna fizzle act all the way to where scene's like, oh this guy is my partner.
Speaker 10: This didn't work out?
Speaker 4: Kid?
Speaker 7: You kidding me?
Speaker 4: That's insulting.
Speaker 15: I usually start out strong and I know, sweating, and then I feel like, you know, lightheaded, and then I'm like, you know, how any more points till this.
Speaker 10: Is over them?
Speaker 4: Okay? But no pull groin that wasn't listed in here. No injury.
Speaker 2: All right, If you get injured, you have to play through the injury for the rest of the week.
Speaker 10: Where is the closest medical center?
Speaker 4: Justoid.
Speaker 15: I don't want to be neurotic, but just out of curiosity, if someone had to be taken somewhere something.
Speaker 4: Close, there's a walk in right up the street, like an urgent care. Yeah, yeah, all right, this day in sports history.
Speaker 3: I have a couple of them for you. Dan nineteen sixty nine. John Madden was named the head coach of the NFL's Oakland Raiders Boston Celtics in ninety three. This was a gutsy decision. They retired Larry Bird's number thirty three Jimmy Buffett, and the singer was ordered by an NBA referee, Joe Forte, to give up his court size seat due to profanity after a minute discussion the game versus the Heat and the next continued.
Speaker 2: But Jimmy Buffett, oh, yeah, you used to go to the Heat games a lot.
Speaker 7: It wouldn't be a one seed.
Speaker 3: In music, stars I think would get booted out of an NBA game.
Speaker 7: He'd be like down on the depth chart. Chill guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know the nick heat rivalry. Maybe that brought out the worst in Jimmy Buffett. By the way, when he opened up Margeritaville in New Orleans, this is many, many many years ago. I don't know what year that was. But my wife and I were here and we went to a place called Mother's for breakfast, and I saw Jimmy there with his bodyguard, and I was told, whatever you do, don't go up to Jimmy while he's eating. So my wife and I had breakfast, and then somehow he knew that I was there, gave his bodyguard a note, and the bodyguard said, Hey, do you want to come to the opening of Margeritaville tonight? And I said yes, And then I went to the opening of Margaritaville, got to see Jimmy and it was great.
Speaker 15: What ton It's rude to go up to somebody while they're eating, But I think it's more rude to declare for everyone you know, to make sure you don't come to me, or.
Speaker 10: I'll have your handlers tell everyone.
Speaker 15: Make sure you don't approach what's going to happen If you look Steve Harvey straight in the eye, you hear these horrible stories of like these celebrities here, don't talk to them, don't you're just the intern. Don't engage in conversation if you're in the elevator, don't look directly at.
Speaker 10: Them like they're the sun or something.
Speaker 9: I hate that.
Speaker 4: Why were you staring at me? I don't want you looking at me when you tell me that.
Speaker 10: If you were remotely like that, I would have worked with you.
Speaker 4: Maybe a week we would have been working together.
Speaker 10: Oh really, you can't really talk to him if he's doing interviews.
Speaker 4: So that I can get rid of you by just saying I don't want you to look at me.
Speaker 15: It's like, listen, just send me a note of don't ever communicate with me directly. You can't look at me. And here's a list of things that I need on my desk with no.
Speaker 4: Paully worked with somebody could make eye contact. I bet.
Speaker 3: I was at CBS News and I floated around and worked on a morning show and there was a very famous person who had a segment on that show every day, and I was told to know in simple terms, don't approach that person, don't compliment that person, don't try to give that person.
Speaker 7: Notes, or you're gonna get your head bit off.
Speaker 9: And I did not.
Speaker 4: It was somebody famous, very very famous. And are they still alive.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh, like a home goods, home care, fixing up your home type things, your kitchen legendary.
Speaker 7: She may have gone to jail. No names, Marcus, I cannot give the name.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Ellen.
Speaker 10: I told you not to talk.
Speaker 4: To her now.
Speaker 7: She didn't say it. Some rando told me that, Yes, my.
Speaker 5: Cousin once worked for a short time in the entertainment industry, and he was standing backstage with a very famous singer and someone else, and they were standing close to each other waiting for her to go on to present an award, and the very famous singer said to the other person about my cousin, tell this pos to stop staring at me.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if David Letterman meant it wow.
Speaker 2: But one time I was on the show and I got on the elevator because you get in on the ground floor and then you have to go up to where your green room is. So Dave was getting on the Dave was on the elevator and he was going to get makeup. So my wife and I we get on the elevator and Letterman is on the elevator.
Speaker 4: He doesn't say anything.
Speaker 2: Head nod, no, no, no, nothing. And I'm on the show that night. And so my wife goes, does he know you're on the show? And I said, I don't know. And he got off second floor and went in to get his makeup on, and I went up to like the fourth or fifth floor, and then I'm thinking, God, I don't want to go out there.
Speaker 4: Every time I went on Letterman, it was like.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do this. It's I just I didn't enjoy it. Love the people on the show, but it was always uncomfortable. It was always going to be awkward. And Dave always wanted gen com.
Speaker 10: Because he wants the guest to be the fool and he wants to be like the hero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 14: I ran a board on a radio show and a sports center anchor was doing radio for a bit and he bit my head off because I played Aha take on me. I mean he was furious with me. I played Aha take on me every single segment. The rest of the show. He was on fire about that. I was like, you can't fire me, so I don't care. He was furious and Brian, Whenhurst was our guest in the studio, He's like, you believe this guy, and Brian goes.
Speaker 9: I love Marvin. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: Will you ever that?
Speaker 15: I can't imagine that self involved in the height of your Sports Center days, where you're in any kind of situation where no one better look at me or talk to me or say hi to me.
Speaker 9: Because I'm Dan Patrick.
Speaker 10: I just don't want anything.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was more important back then than I am now.
Speaker 14: He said, you're prime Like Kevin Costner said, well, he's threatening a man's paycheck.
Speaker 4: He comes back a little bit. Yeah, Well yeah, it out there, you Todd.
Speaker 9: That's what I learned, Todd.
Speaker 4: What did you learn today?
Speaker 15: Charles Brockley may lose a lot of money gamming, but he has plenty of cash to lose.
Speaker 4: Worry about it, Marvin, What did you learn today?
Speaker 9: Brady Quinn is for sale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a NASCAR driver. See what did you learn today? We launched a hell of a media career with Cooper Cooper Manning, Paul, would you learn today?
Speaker 7: Cooper Manning was dry heaving just a week and a.
Speaker 4: Half ago, Todd, what did I learn today?
Speaker 7: The Chiefs are kind of like Drake.
Speaker 10: Now, everyone really liked them at one point, but these days were kind of Tiedling.
Speaker 2: Keeper's Heart is a new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character Irish whiskey bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you gotta try it. Please drink responsibly. Rich eyesing tomorrow, Jim Harball, South Palantonio and you as well, and we'll bring you highlights of the match coming up. Thanks for joining us, Have a great day, everybody,