Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the official Dallas Cowboys at.
Speaker 3: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And how about a little Friday.
Speaker 5: Dallas how Boys.
Speaker 2: Works. If you don't like this horse the moors make it all? Okay, the norms, different, fads bad.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I'm gonna start doing?
Speaker 2: But is that the first line? That's the first lie?
Speaker 5: Like last night, I was at home.
Speaker 4: I actually watched the game from home last night and early yes, and uh, we actually had a birthday party from my grandson at the same time I was watching the game, and I what I need to do in that situation. And I recommend this to Cowboys fans everywhere. If you've got speakers on your back porch like I do, play that fight song every time the Cowboys are about to talk, blare it through the Okay, you can play it after a win too, and you're well, you're talking about waking up the neighborhood, but before the game too.
Speaker 5: You got to play it.
Speaker 4: Right, Let's have it blaring throughout neighborhoods across the world.
Speaker 3: In fact, Jimmy when he lived in Valley ram uh huh, he would play the Aggie, play the Aggie wore him at times.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Johnson had no connection with Texas, and I don't know that he loves.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 4: And so after a game he would come home and he would blare the Aggie Wore Him on his stereo.
Speaker 6: I thought Arkansas had some song that he was going to play. That's what you were talking about. It's strange, but here we are.
Speaker 4: It's a Victory Friday in the s w BC podcast studio and this is Mixed Shots brought to you by Miller Lite and Mickey Well. First off, welcome back, Everson. We missed you earlier in the week.
Speaker 2: I have been such a busy man.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good.
Speaker 6: We had the Kidney Texas Award and they have named a legacy award after me, Everson Walls Legacy.
Speaker 2: Award and fitting Ley and doctor Quigley.
Speaker 6: He's the president of Camp Rina here in Texas and he does a good job with the kids. He was the one that received it this year and he's one of those guys that's really good, of course at being a nefrologist number one, but number two he juggles and he plays the violin. Oh wow, So the kids love him. He like a little pipe piper or something.
Speaker 2: The kids loving. The kids love him.
Speaker 6: He was warming up back on stage, and you know, I've never seen the violin before.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm closed.
Speaker 6: I just never have. I mean, you know, I never had music. You know, I can't even dance. And so he just asked him a few questions about it. You know, I thought was it a strata various. He's like, no, no, it's not one of those. But he did say that it cost him about five hundred dollars. Man, oh's a freaking violin. Well, it's like this pig.
Speaker 4: If if the Cowboys had one last night, we'd been playing violent today. That's right, makey, what time you and the team get in your Cowboy blue one?
Speaker 5: Is that your undershirt you wore at the game night?
Speaker 3: I would have wish I had brought it with me and didn't sit three hours in the plane with a tie on and the fresh shirt. Yeah, one time y'all get in, uh four fifteen.
Speaker 4: Coach has already done his Coaches show. I did it eleven o'clock this morning, about an hour ago. Well, I could have done it because he was wiping the sleep out of his eyes.
Speaker 5: I got no sleep out of his eyes.
Speaker 2: I got up at about four fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could have given You could have met Mickey at the airport and give me.
Speaker 2: One stop and came right back.
Speaker 7: I got it. I got to sleep, so that.
Speaker 2: Was that was right. I've done it several times.
Speaker 5: Sleep fifteen, you guys, and then he get it sixes.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, probably another after a while.
Speaker 6: I got Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Got to sleep at five and up at at eight three hours.
Speaker 7: What more do you need?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go five o'clock, five o'clock. Got to sleep. Wow. Yeah, it was a quick game.
Speaker 2: You look good for somebody was getting.
Speaker 3: Three hours sleep and I can't sleep on the plane, so I worked basically the whole way.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it was uh.
Speaker 3: I think the plane landed about four fifteen, and by time we got our luggage from underneath, drove home. Yeah, there you go, and here we are.
Speaker 5: Man. I figured you'd have your referee hat on today.
Speaker 6: I needed to just just bring one end and you could chop it in half or something with.
Speaker 3: I thought those guys were getting paid by the flag.
Speaker 2: It was a lot. It was a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought I thought Tyler Goiden was was kind of being picked on a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh God, they were going at it on that end. You know.
Speaker 4: You know what they need to teach him to do is not put his hands up in like a surrender position, because I think it tells the official that he thinks he thinks he just held. So I'll just go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the other thing they need to teach him, and they finally taught Tyler Smith is once you make your block, you're good. You don't have to pancake the guy over to the crown and he got He basically not tackled him. He pushed him and landed on top of him from behind.
Speaker 5: You wanted to finish him off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was one time. I think that was late in the game. I guess it was fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: The defensive lineman tripped over the guard, tripped over the Cowboys guard. He tripped over the back of his foot. They called that a takedown, right, but he had he made an inside move. The defensive end made an inside move on guidance fell on his own and he fell he tripped over the guard's foot because as he was taking him down inside, the guard was being taken back and that's who the defensive end tripped over and it looked like another takedown, but he tripped over.
Speaker 2: The back of the guard's foot.
Speaker 3: And I got a problem with this one too. So the the free play when I think it was Thibodeau jumps off.
Speaker 4: Side and off sides and then they called for holding, but he held him because the guy had two step heads start.
Speaker 7: That doesn't make sense. Let that go here now.
Speaker 6: But if I'm the referee, man is the one that that jumped, so he should have known not to touch him.
Speaker 5: That's in fact I was going to ask coach about that this morning.
Speaker 7: Rookie, Yeah, he knew.
Speaker 6: He was just reacting to the fact that, hey, he's getting close to my quarterback.
Speaker 4: I was what I was going to ask McCarthy about that, and then ran out of time this morning about with a young player, how do you coach them on that if you're if and you have to have an awareness that the flag was thrown on the guy and he.
Speaker 2: Had to see it because it's right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I can't cut. You also have to you don't want your quarterback killed too.
Speaker 6: You can't go, hey, we're about to get a free play.
Speaker 7: And that cost him an interception?
Speaker 2: It did, so yeah, I mean it was. It was.
Speaker 3: I just think you've got to process that. That guy got a head start and he grabbed him because he got a head start.
Speaker 5: And he was, well in what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: One second?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it cost him.
Speaker 4: It was they had a completion completion twenty nine yard line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it cost him at least three points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I was sitting there, what are you talking about? I remember interception?
Speaker 3: Well they hadn't they had it.
Speaker 5: Was a completion to Tolbert down to the twenty one lost twenty nine yard line.
Speaker 7: When they had the interception.
Speaker 4: It took away a twenty six yard completion. Yeah, and on what would have been a free play. All right, So what's your main takeaway from a win on the road against the division rival.
Speaker 3: Against against the team everybody was promoting as the next best things and slice.
Speaker 6: And now all of a sudden, now it's like, wow, what happened to narrative? Yeah, that's so crazy. Everybody so bad. Wait a minute, I thought, Oh wow.
Speaker 4: I was telling everybody watch out for these giants. Now have this Elik Neighbors who is a CD LIMB type player, and so they finally have an elite wide receiver. So there's a real threat there. And if you look at their roster and size it up against the Cowboys roster, there's not a whole lot of difference there in certain positions.
Speaker 5: Uh and and.
Speaker 4: So my takeaway from the game was thank god they came away with a win there.
Speaker 2: No, it was not just that.
Speaker 6: I like the way we came away with it, because we would deliberately sacrificing one facet of the game for the other, I thought. And it just reminded me of playing with Tom Landry with.
Speaker 2: The flex defense. You guys in the back, you're on your own.
Speaker 6: You better handle it back there, because we're gonna have We're gonna commit to the run, right, That's what Tom Lander always did with the flex That's why we always had We gave up a lot of passing yards because they were the goal of the entire defense is to just stop the run first before.
Speaker 2: We do anything else.
Speaker 6: And of course that's what the Cowboys did last night, and that's why Daniel Jones was able to have such a good game, especially through the first three quarters of the game.
Speaker 3: And the way I looked at it that regardless of style points and Dak basically said it afterwards, these are my words.
Speaker 7: But a win is a win, is a win on the road, and what you just.
Speaker 3: Went through for two weeks, Yes, that you were able to walk out of there with a win. And as Dak said, uh when he was asked about the win, and he said, huge, huge, It's huge, especially if you consider the alternatives.
Speaker 7: And that it's only two and nothing but facts, it's only two and two, but it sure speeds the hell out.
Speaker 6: Of one and three and losing against the divisional opponent. Right, Yes, so you went in there, you took care of business. You know, there was something you did exactly the way you want to do it. You wanted to stop the run. You stopped the run. I don't care what they say about the lineman or what's going on with their running game. Before this game, they were talking about how that that running game had possibilities with singletary, Right, That's all I kept hearing.
Speaker 7: And he kept hearing how good he was through his career.
Speaker 6: How good and how good their their defensive line is, how good their front four is.
Speaker 7: Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 2: That's all I kept here.
Speaker 3: Did you ever hear Dexter Lawrence's name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I heard of it before the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the way we went the ball, you know, we did pretty well as well. We moved the ball when we needed to. Uh, it's just the penalties. We've got to stop with the penalties. And I know it wasn't all guiding.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it wasn't one point one yards per rush. There's one point zero eight yards per rush that got rounded off.
Speaker 5: Zero is pretty at the TV monitor on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Get it right, and get it right right.
Speaker 4: He's pretty at the TV monitor on ESPN, as if everybody listening is looking at.
Speaker 5: The same thing we are.
Speaker 3: No, because I'm showing because it says in here one point one, but in the Cowboys notes they put one point zero eight.
Speaker 6: I really don't when I say I don't care, I do listen to the narratives after the game, cowboy fan and all of that, But I was very surprised and it seemed as if you can't win as a Cowboy fan, you can't win as a player because everything is so pessimistic about anything that we do. When Washington beat the Giants, I didn't hear anybody else saying anything bad about it.
Speaker 5: Look, but they're showing on ESPN right now.
Speaker 4: They took it off now, but they're shown on ESPN the Cowboys' next six opponents, Yes, okay, and their chances of winning and the percentage.
Speaker 6: Victim of prediction of gloom and doom, and they can't five.
Speaker 4: They're gonna take out five future the next five opponents, the Cowboys have a less than fifty percent chance of winning those games according to the graphic they just.
Speaker 5: Showed on ESPN.
Speaker 4: Okay, so if the Cowboys do happen to win one of those five games, there will be the same narrative that is this morning.
Speaker 5: About this team. Oh well, of course they're gonna win that.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't matter with the playoffs, by the way, you got to get to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: No, they're saying we won't make the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I want to take a snapshot of that graphic, and okay, you've predicted basically that the Cowboys are going to lose the next five games, and the other thing.
Speaker 3: Let's consider this, they were without by the end of the game, their top three defensive ends. Right, if we count Sam Williams, he's gone, Lawrence is gone.
Speaker 7: Mike is out.
Speaker 3: They're out there playing some guys you probably hadn't heard of.
Speaker 6: I told my son, we got practice team players out there.
Speaker 2: I said, we were talking about this guy the podcast, and he's in the game.
Speaker 5: Ushers have cornerbacks.
Speaker 4: And then, I mean, Everince got a call in the fourth corner the game.
Speaker 3: And you should have because when we found out that, you know, Carson was doubtful going in and.
Speaker 6: He was going to be I did not know that was the day before the.
Speaker 5: Doubtful, which.
Speaker 3: So this means you don't have Bland. Now you don't have Carson, who are you going to play?
Speaker 2: You're out there with Booth.
Speaker 3: So so Booth is out there and I'm going, uh, Diggs has got to foul foul neighbors, right, and then what happens first play or whatever whatever play? He falls down and guys, it looked it looked like the Green Bay game, back to the to the end zone catching the ball white though, but you know what I felt that moved that guy.
Speaker 7: I mean, we saw it in pre season.
Speaker 3: He got burned on deep passes and it's like, what are they doing? And then they you know, they made the change at halftime and.
Speaker 5: You say it, I'm going to say it. Say it, oh Rue?
Speaker 7: How about that was good?
Speaker 3: I screwed it up on practiced in my sleep.
Speaker 2: Lest guy.
Speaker 3: He got, he got told like I think he said it was Tuesday or Wednesday, be ready, and it's like, well, when did you find out you're gonna get elevated?
Speaker 7: Probably gonna play? He goes, Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: This number twenty seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: He had he'd been on the practice squad since September or August twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's his name from now on, number twenty seven, number.
Speaker 3: Twenty In my notes, I just wrote down twenty seven every time he did.
Speaker 2: So, hey, you got a pick, man, And then he says.
Speaker 3: And he got a pick and a very confident guy because he's going, you know, when the ball, nice pick, When the ball is in the air, one hundred percent, it's mine, you know.
Speaker 2: To tell the way he went up for that one. Yeah, that was a nice. That was a nice.
Speaker 3: So he comes in the second half and you know, ends up with two passes and then Diggs goes out, and then Diggs goes out. They had they had Makuamu at one spot and oh u are Ea at the other one, and I'm going, Holy Moley, how are you going to exist here?
Speaker 2: I mean? Is that what they call a battle of attrition?
Speaker 6: Well, it sure is, because we had so many people go down just when we needed the most, and you had young men stepping up and just doing their job.
Speaker 2: They'd nothing great about it. They just did their job.
Speaker 6: Of course, we had too many passing yards for Daniel Jones, but that's something that I'll give up as long as they're not turning in two points.
Speaker 3: And they stopped them for field goals and give up a touchdown right.
Speaker 5: By the way for a money o ru Warria. You know how many interceptions he has in his career.
Speaker 7: I think it's like six or eight. Try ten, Okay, it would like, Oh no, he's not.
Speaker 5: He's twenty eight years old.
Speaker 4: He was a fifth round draft pick of the Lions in twenty nineteen. Cowboys signed him after the final training camp cuts to the practice squad.
Speaker 3: Didn't he have a single season with like five or six picks?
Speaker 4: He had six interceptions with the Lions in fourteen starts in twenty twenty one. Wow, so so.
Speaker 5: He's been out there before what he was doing, that's right.
Speaker 4: He's fifth round draft pick out of Penn State, so he played with well, he would have been a little older than Parsons, but when it was twenty nineteen, Parsons two years later, yea.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, gosh, it's like you anybody else you can throw out there. Ye got practice squad guys.
Speaker 6: And then the fourth quarter they did their job. I guess maybe the fresh legs you never know, you know what.
Speaker 3: And I think the other thing we got to consider is the amount of young players they've been. Well, maybe it's starting to pay off, like okay, getting a little experience.
Speaker 5: Coming of age a little bit.
Speaker 4: And by the way, when we come back here on mix shots, in a moment, there is a former Cowboys first round draft pick who played his best game as a Cowboy last night. Who was that come back in just a moment.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Scott kits it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a Rooki in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Perfect grow My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 5: Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less feeling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 1: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Light is in fact less feeling and tastes great. I'm Yshine Legal Guy, Celebrate responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer amty six thousands to be point you, Grams carvers for twelve fewer Colson cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 6: Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at MOH Museum Demitt Shuts.
Speaker 6: The schedule is set and limited tickets for the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys season at at and T Stadium are available now. Don't miss your chance to see your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host the NFC East rival Eagles, Giants and Commanders, plus the Ravens, Lions, Texans, Bengals, and Bucks. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash tickets or SeatGeek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All right, a fabulous football Friday, which is also a victory Friday for the Cowboys and ever since, it's a big weekend for you as well as Scrambling State universes in town, the Great State Fair of Texas, and Grambling plays Prairie View tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Night at bowling down deep off in there behind. It's gonna be too much, baby Grandbat to watch.
Speaker 5: Grambling off to a three and one start this.
Speaker 6: Season, playing well, won an overtime game a couple of weeks ago, very exciting.
Speaker 4: They can't against Texas A and M Commerce and then East Texas State University.
Speaker 5: Harvey Martin School.
Speaker 6: I was recruited there by the way, Yeah, I told you that story. We never even went to see the guy. We just I knew I wasn't going there.
Speaker 2: Not going that was just an extension of Burgner. That was not what I was rather stay at home exactly.
Speaker 4: What's what's the nearest community college to Hamilton Park.
Speaker 2: Richly, Okay, you were you were going to My sisters.
Speaker 5: Went to rich How did it get rich about that way?
Speaker 6: You know, take take baby steps?
Speaker 5: All right, Mickey, what was your question?
Speaker 4: My question or by teas before the break was there was a former Cowboys first round draft pick who had his best game in the NFL last night, and I think we're all are in agreement. Number fifty eight Mozzi Smith. Give him props.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Not only did he do a much better job of holding down the line of scrimmage, he ended up with three tackles. That's two games in a row with three tackles. I think one of them was for a loss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it was noticeable. It was noticeable what he was doing, and I think it.
Speaker 3: Was it was Micah brought it up afterwards about Mozzi. He kept talking about Mozzi and saying, when Mozzi does what he does, that helps all the rest of us do what we can do. Uh.
Speaker 7: And you're you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: The other thing, if you think about we talked about all the guys that went down the backups had to come in, uh, and Jerry was talking about how uh that there these guys are improving they're getting reps. He said, Now that's hard to do when you have a couple outings like we had against the Saints, or if you're really or if you really had against Baltimore. But we're putting things in the storehouse as the squirrels for the nuts in the storehouse that are going to pay dividends for us in the winter.
Speaker 7: Holy Jerry. But he's right right.
Speaker 3: It's like if you keep getting better and you keep you know, storing nuts, and then in the winter, you're not going to starve.
Speaker 2: And I enjoyed the game.
Speaker 6: It's what we always talked about, how defensive recognition makes a difference in every game. I mean, these guys were not lost at any time. They knew where they were, they knew where their help was at all times. That's why it minimized the big plays. I mean, you had the cornerback out there. It was a hell of a route that neighbors put on them. That's something that you know a rookie's going to have to go through. As far as outside of the game plan, you know your rookies got to play one on one. You can't give up the big plays. But when it all is said and done, Besides that play, you saw what the entire purpose of the defense was. You wanted guys like Mosie Smith to stop the run up the middle. Wasn't much about pass rush, didn't care about pass rush. Everything was about stopping the run in this game, controlling the line of scrimmage from outside in. That's how we were able to control the clock. That's how we're able to keep these guys out of the end zone. They were not able to get that big first down run, so now they were always stuck with second and long, either through a penalty or just playing really good defense. So when you start talking about how well the defense plays, it controlled the entire pace of the game for us. Yes, Jones was throwing some good passes out there, some nice big plays, but you know you're talking about for the most part, ten yard passes, fifteen yard passes, but you're keeping them out of the enzone.
Speaker 3: I thought the linebackers, the young linebackers, and I know everybody saw what overshown did, but Leah File, I didn't see him taking false steps.
Speaker 2: In this game like I did the one no one did and did.
Speaker 3: How about the safeties, we actually knew that they came.
Speaker 7: They came up.
Speaker 6: They came up every time, minimizing big plays. And that's what I've been fussing about for the past two weeks. Just show some type of awareness to where we can keep things under control. I know we're not going to be the greatest defense, but at least we minimize the mistakes that we make.
Speaker 3: And even Hooker he almost had the pick, which yeah, he has a good vertical.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a funny story.
Speaker 3: So we were they're they're taking all the bus, all the players on the early bus. There's no more two bus later buses come, you know, two different Now why they're.
Speaker 4: Right now on the road, that's right, and uh, change what they're doing on the road.
Speaker 3: And so I was sitting way to do that at home.
Speaker 7: Now I'm sitting I'm.
Speaker 3: Sitting way in the back of the bus by myself.
Speaker 7: Uh in a in a you know, there's two seats.
Speaker 3: And Hooker came and he looked around and I had moved by the windows.
Speaker 7: So he sat down next to me.
Speaker 3: And they're supposed to have a road to themselves, right, So we're getting ready to take off, and I tapped him on the shoulder. I said, hey, there's an empty seat over there. I'll sit there, you can sit here.
Speaker 7: He goes, oh, thanks, man.
Speaker 3: And I was going to say, well, just get me an interception, and I didn't do it right. He almost had the interception. Uh, but he had a He had a good game. Donovan Wilson finally played. Donovan Wilson came up and smacking people.
Speaker 6: The recognition was there from the secondary. That's what you want. The secondary is there your last line of defense. You saw safeties coming up, supporting cornerbacks, supporting the linebackers when the backs were coming out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: No false steps like you talked about.
Speaker 6: Every time I looked up, I saw a safety that was not just one safety had more than one player around the ball. You had more than one player around the ball when the tackle was made. If you would have missed the tackle, I got you, you got me. That's that's what I was accustomed to seeing from every other team these first three games, except for us.
Speaker 2: This game was a difference.
Speaker 7: And even.
Speaker 3: Jordan Lewis the tackles, hoping field tackles.
Speaker 6: That he made when they got round the out rock down, Yes, he I mean they closed on everything. They closed There were tight windows for their or the back to have to fit some into which he did.
Speaker 2: A good job of. But we minimized the damage by not missing tackles.
Speaker 4: And the biggest one you got to make tackles on Malik Neighbors and overshown at a big one on a third down play where he made the song like wow, there you go. And it's one thing getting there, it's another thing being able to make thee.
Speaker 6: As them young boys say they brought their hat with them. They brought their hat with them. They were coming up, hitting hard, and they were coming up fast.
Speaker 2: It looked like an entirely different team.
Speaker 6: Yes, I understand giants are not as good as the teams we've been playing against, but you could still see the difference in our recognition and our effort and our pursuit.
Speaker 2: To the ball.
Speaker 3: And it was interesting how they were trying to defend Neighbors. I don't know if you could see it on TV, but when he went into the slot, they weren't the slot. They were basically zoning him. They had a linebacker and kind of a safety hovering around, and then the linebacker would pick him up early and usually it was overshown and then the safety was over the top. So they did a really good job because I was thinking, oh, you want to put somebody on, you know, but that's the way they decided to do it. When he was in the slot and he motioned into the slot quite quite a bit, just like, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: So you know.
Speaker 4: The other thing on Mozzie is I think the matchup was a good one for him. Sixty one the center for the Giants, John Michael Schmidze. He went to Minnesota, big ten guy, came into the league last year. He was a second round draft pick last year, same year that Mozzie came in.
Speaker 5: And yeah, they I.
Speaker 4: Looked at well, I looked it up and I don't they didn't. Michigan didn't play Minnesota in twenty one or twenty two. They did maybe play earlier. But he this isn't a veteran guy that he's going up against, and I don't know, maybe you can speak to it. I mean just from a confident standpoint. Once you get good reps and then you start building your confidence. Even as a defensive tackle. It's no question with a cornerback, but with even with a defensive lineman, you play with more a surety when you're playing with.
Speaker 6: He could have had that feeling against several centers in the past, but he didn't. So the fact that he has this one coming up now, I think it's just a matter of his maturity. Of course, having a younger center has something to do with it, but I've seen him perform less with guys that weren't as good as that center. Well that he played.
Speaker 5: He was saying around drafted, He's not that like that center is a bad fire.
Speaker 6: You know, I mean, but this is this is the moment that he chose to finally come through and play like he played. And it seemed like, like you said, it seems like he just knew it. He seemed like he knew it. I mean, he didn't seem surprised at what he is doing in this particular game. So what he's done now, he's put a spotlight on himself.
Speaker 2: Let's see how this goes from here on.
Speaker 6: Let's see how you play against the Pittsburgh Steelers center. Let's see how you play against the Detroit Lions center. Let's see how that ends up nuts in the storehouse.
Speaker 4: All right, we continue on that note with more mixed shots.
Speaker 5: Just a moment.
Speaker 2: Someone didn't know they wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Hopefully.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package to day.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Scott keats it slides for the first.
Speaker 8: Down, invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Perth pick throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 5: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 1: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact, less filling and taste great. I'm a shine legal guy.
Speaker 2: Celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ainty six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer Cowson cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Demict shuts.
Speaker 6: Support cancer awareness with the twenty twenty four Crucial Catch Collection. The NFL donates one hundred percent of its proceeds from Crucial Catch merchandise to the American Cancer Society to provide cancer screenings and resources to underserved communities. Visit a pro shop near you or log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot com a fanatics experience and join the fight against cancer.
Speaker 3: All right, you had to pronounce all those man shot dove like, did I say that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Making You're a big hockey fan, right I am? And then in hockey, they at the end of a game they have like the three stars of the game.
Speaker 5: I don't know where that started, but.
Speaker 4: So if you were to take that approach to the Cowboys offense last night. Who are the three stars of the Cowboys offense last night, Dak Prescott, he's your star number one, Star number two, Ceedee lamb Okay, and Star number three Hunter Lipke.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my guy, my guy.
Speaker 5: Welcome everyone's stealing him from me.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That's crazy, my guy.
Speaker 6: Right, I almost I almost tweeted you guys, texted you guys last night.
Speaker 2: And then I forget it.
Speaker 6: He'll make another play, which he did, like Hunter Lipkey, Wow, what has happened.
Speaker 7: Well, think about it, he's.
Speaker 6: Turning into it. You know what valuable piece. I have a prediction puzzle.
Speaker 7: Did you see how many snaps he got?
Speaker 4: Twenty nine on offense and fifteen on special teams. They do have a Pro Bowl spot on at fullback. Yes, they have a fullback spot on the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kyle EUSt Check better lookout. Kyle EUSt Check is an eight time Pro Bowler, Okay, because he's about the only one that ever puts up anything from that to a number of snaps.
Speaker 5: He plays to stats.
Speaker 4: And there's now a new challenger for the fullback position on the Pro Bowl team, and his name is Hunter Lipkey.
Speaker 3: They asked Dak about him, and then somebody said, do you have a nickname for him? He goes, no, he goes, I just call him Mike Alstat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he goes.
Speaker 5: He reminds us to know the game, Dak, Yes.
Speaker 7: Mike Golstatt. But think about it.
Speaker 3: He had he picked up three first downs on drives that were potential scoring drives.
Speaker 7: Two of them were.
Speaker 3: Caught, one pass, had two runs for first downs, and he would have been three for three if Aubrey had hit the field goal. But they were drive saving plays, extending and and think about it, and in those situations, they were giving him the ball.
Speaker 4: So you're you're not ready yet to induct Hunter Lopkey into the Cowboys Ring of Honor, like Mike Alstott is in the Tampa Bay six time Pro bowler and Super Bowl champion, third time third Team I mean third, three time first team All Pro Mike Alstott who went. He's now fifty years old, six one, two hundred forty eight pounds, and that's basically what Hunter Lipke is now. He came in to league at sixty one, two thirty, but he's up. He put up fifteen pounds, you up to two forty five US. Check's about that size. But one of the big things on him is they're using him in a tight end role. There's a need on this team for a second tight end and they're using him in that role. And that's how San Francisco uses use Check a lot too. I mean last game. I actually went this morning and looked it up because Kittle was out. I was like, who's playing tight end for the Niners? And I can't remember. It was a journeyman who played tight end for him and got sixty one snaps. But us Check got forty snaps for the Niners in that game, and the Cowboys are using There was an old thinking in the NFL that you can't play a six to one guy at tight end, right, Okay, Well, these are six to one guys that are getting reps, not as a true aditional inline blocking some of the same same type if you have.
Speaker 6: If you have a full back that knows how to block, and full backs block, blocking is blocking, so you've hit big lineman before. You can do the same thing at tight end big linebackers the same thing at tight end that you could do a full back. So I must admit when I was really impressed with him was in the game that we lost. That was in the comeback, but think it was the comeback against Baltimore and he caught up a deep.
Speaker 2: Pass down down the side.
Speaker 6: And it didn't look like he was you know, it didn't look like it was a big deal at all.
Speaker 2: He just brought it in very natural.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like whoa okay, okay, And I think I actually did text that out to but I spelled his name off I p l I p u EPI, So yeah, I'm I'm impressed with him. But if I was gonna go with my three dak CD and whoever the hell brought up, whoever the hell was able to come up with the scheme to get CD open better, it was different. The scheme was different than how we played CD and threw to him in this game versus the plays that we had set up for him in the other game. I know it looks the same, but we were able to clear out the middle a lot better and it was all open for him to come inside and owned the entire inside of that giant steveense.
Speaker 7: No matter where he was, you didn't worry.
Speaker 2: About safeties coming down.
Speaker 6: Somehow they were able to clear things out to whether the safeties weren't able to key on CD lamb because there were a lot of times when he and that corner were isolated and that is not what that cornerback wanted.
Speaker 3: And he pointed out that the touchdown passed, it was one of the few times, if only time, that they single covered him because they were doubling him quite a bit.
Speaker 2: But they were still able to find.
Speaker 7: Him, still get him the ball because he was on the move.
Speaker 6: And let's call it what it is, guys, that passed the CD lamb. That was one of the best passes you're going to see Dak Prescott throw. That's what you call throwing someone open because once he got it once, once seed he got the leverage on the corner back, you throw it inside to.
Speaker 2: Where Dreke Pearson did this to me all the time. He brook my thumb doing that crap.
Speaker 6: He still pissed out, but he as he as he gets the leverage on you, he brings the shoulder inside. They threw it inside to him because the cornerback's leverage is going this way. Now CD came and got the ball going this way. Cornerbacks out of it. After that, his leverage is gone. And I don't know what the hell the safety was doing coming over, but to be able to fit it inside of both of them, right, that made that safety look as foolish as he looked.
Speaker 3: He said afterwards that they said something about, well, what's your mindset when you get man coverage?
Speaker 7: He goes, score a touchdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes.
Speaker 3: And so we were talking to Dak. He was we were walking towards the bus, and I said, when did you realize, uh, that it was man coverage? He goes immediately.
Speaker 7: And and he goes in and I gotta.
Speaker 6: It was they saw it was a blitz coming blitz right, and they picked up the hunter.
Speaker 5: Nope, I thought it was hunter at first.
Speaker 4: It was over you're right, yeah, and uh no that uh there.
Speaker 6: Must have been uh just one one high safety, one high safety.
Speaker 7: I think you're right. But they were doubling him most of the time.
Speaker 2: Well, he keyed him.
Speaker 3: And that was their guy the banks, you know, and they were cornerback short two cornerbacks exactly in the game. Rico, I think you saw what he can do if there's like a hole to run into, and.
Speaker 4: You know, people get on Zeke all the time. Well we saw Zeke looked like Rico.
Speaker 7: To me, he's done. He's too old. I mean, well, did you see the screen pass again? Get him in the open, right?
Speaker 4: So yeah, the problem with the run game is they're haven't and McCarthy talked about it this morning on his Coaches Show, that they haven't gotten enough at bats to run the ball when you're playing from behind.
Speaker 6: From behind, well, they had the defensive lineman going backwards every time you got running backs, putting the helmets into the chest of defensive linemen. Who already compromised because they've been blocked back, was a little bit created that softness every back.
Speaker 2: Lipkey did it, Zeke did it, and dallalded.
Speaker 6: They put their chest into the lineas put their heads into the Lina's chest. Eight yards eight yards of pop it one time. Yeah, loving it. I was loving that. They kept talking about how good that defensive line was. They didn't play well and.
Speaker 3: They only had twenty three runs.
Speaker 5: Still twenty three radio.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter that it was three and a half yard the averages out to three and a half.
Speaker 2: Yards of carry. That was okay.
Speaker 7: They were they were picking up yards on first.
Speaker 6: Kicking up and it made it so easy for us on second and third.
Speaker 2: Right, that's how you end up getting dry.
Speaker 3: And think about how many six yard runs they had on first.
Speaker 5: Down and there and but I thought, I thought Dak looked sharper this game.
Speaker 2: He did, you know.
Speaker 5: Then the Ravens game seemed to be off a little bit.
Speaker 2: We talked about We tweeted about that. Yeah, I Textedbut I.
Speaker 3: Think he was flustered in the in the pocket that the protection wasn't as good and this one he had time to step up.
Speaker 4: There were passes that were you know, even completed passes that were like behind the receiver and stuff.
Speaker 6: That's why Seed was he he didn't want to say it doing his apology, but that's one of the reasons that he was also so upset because he and Dak were just not on the same page. Even the one that he caught I think it was against Baltimore. It was behind him on the land and it almost got ripped out of his hands because that gave the dB a chance. And so he I told you, guys, I said, uh, And you even admitted that some of his depacities last few weeks, last week quarters that we talked about, they just weren't there this game.
Speaker 2: That was a difference.
Speaker 4: I think it shows the importance of footwork for the quarterback and to be accurate on his passages.
Speaker 2: And his pocket presence was much better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think it had a lot to do there weren't.
Speaker 4: There wasn't a lot of uh stuff at his feet, you know, to keep him from being focused to what he needed.
Speaker 3: Maybe, baby, maybe it's a It says something about not practicing ads all week, Well, that.
Speaker 5: Did cross my mind. I wondered all the.
Speaker 3: Practices were walking through. Believe me, they had their helmets on.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I was talking to our buddy with the Giants, Schmelk, and he goes, He goes, yeah, the Giants all they was all, you know, practices with ball caps on. And I said, hey, the cowboy, he's had their helmet.
Speaker 4: I wondered if Dak maybe it took those three days to focus even more on his footwork and stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, if you saw his his pocket presence was better as he moved around. I didn't see him move around that much in the Baltimore game, but this game he was here there, back here and.
Speaker 2: Ready to throw. When he came up, he looked.
Speaker 6: Like he was a little bit more comfortable even with there was still people at his feet, and he still used his footwork to get out of trouble.
Speaker 7: They only they only sacked him one time.
Speaker 5: Oh, Neeland didn't get credited for a sack. It was a zone read. And I remember that he tackled Daniel Jones for a five yard loss. He got credit for a tackle for loss, but.
Speaker 2: It's not they didn't.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, okay, well, because he could have. He could have. You know, it was his zone read.
Speaker 4: Those RPOs, you know you could he could, He could have been throwing it.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: Kneeland was on him so fast and he gave him a chance. Well, I just thought, for a defensive lineman, you want you want the sack over the TfL right, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Just thought the way he ended up running the ball, he was bowing out, and I'm going, well, that doesn't look like a run because you're what the lineman are doing.
Speaker 7: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: And I did go back and look and the lineman which.
Speaker 3: By the way, he had his best game too, by the way, kneeling.
Speaker 5: Oh yes.
Speaker 4: And on special teams too, they used This is the first time they used him on the kickoff team, according to the head coach. And he belongs on that kicking coverage team. And he had one tackle and then he was in on another one too.
Speaker 5: He looks like he.
Speaker 2: Looks hitting hard. Guys. They were hitting hard, especially teams we were. We were hitting hard because we were in position.
Speaker 6: We seemed like we were coached well, we seemed like we knew what was coming and we acted.
Speaker 2: We reacted quickly with instincts.
Speaker 4: By the way, by the way, the doubtell touched out, they picked up the flag.
Speaker 5: Do you know what they picked up the flag.
Speaker 7: For I do not because they never said it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they never said it.
Speaker 4: They speculated on TV that they threw it in the vicinity of BBI and so I think it was Herbstreet who speculated that they had him for a hold. You go back and look at it, and he didn't reach the guy that he wanted to hold. It didn't look like to me, but he also it looked like he was maybe a yard or two down field on it, and so I thought that they threw it maybe for that reason. But if you go back and look at it, when Dak released the ball, he still had one foot on the line of scrimmage and they give him a little leeway there.
Speaker 2: It was definitely for what they thought was a hole because.
Speaker 4: McCarthy said, McCarthy told me this morning that an official told him it was for a face mask on the other team, and then if it was a face mask on the Giants that that an official saw, and then after conversing with each other, they picked up the flag and so they get went to McCarthy had said, uh, it's a face mask on the Giants. In Marcarthy's laf so is there a touchdown? He said, yeah, touchdowns good because he was he was calling the next play.
Speaker 5: He was, he was ready to call the next.
Speaker 2: Did they just say, hey, we got the face mask penalty. Uh?
Speaker 6: And it's the climb. Why didn't they just do it? They could have done that, But that's.
Speaker 5: That's right, you could they were confused.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 3: He was in the one of the line judge's ears, like vehemently. At one point he was just chewing on the guy. I think it was right before half something.
Speaker 2: Uh. And and didn't know.
Speaker 7: So it's important he didn't tell you what he was.
Speaker 4: It's important for people to know that the flag was not picked up for a Cowboy penalty.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It was a Giants pen right was picked up for But to your point, they should have Okay, in that case they scored a touchdown, it doesn't matter, So just go and say it was declined.
Speaker 2: You have to document it.
Speaker 5: I'd like to be kicking because.
Speaker 4: Because there's the conspiracy theories out there that all they picked up the flag is they want the Cowboys to win the game.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: And no, the penalty was not on the Cowboys. The penalty they thought they saw was not on the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: There was no conspiracy with fifteen penalties called eleven assess Jesus, all.
Speaker 5: Right, anything else you need to?
Speaker 3: I think we're good till Monday.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes we are.
Speaker 7: I keep thinking Monday.
Speaker 5: Oh you're gonna be gonna be here, all right? Can we do victory? Can we do the fight song again on Monday?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, and mickey, uh ah, mickey? Who's Missouri playing this week?
Speaker 7: Bye?
Speaker 5: Okay bye everybody? Oh you oh use that Auburn?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And Grambling is in town?
Speaker 7: Are they favored at Auburn?
Speaker 5: I think they actually are somehow. I think we also tells you about the fortunes of the football program at Auburn.
Speaker 7: Alabama Georgia.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, right, Alabama Georgia tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Uh all right, and uh so it will be you need to provide producers Supreme with the with the Grambling fight song, and we'll have a victory Monday for Grambling. Okay, all right, And that does it for another week of broadcasting here on mix Shots, and we will see you again on Monday at high noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Minute