Speaker 1: Whoo, whoa, whoa, whoa. Yeah, that's what That's kind of what I was.
Speaker 2: Doing where you're going for Yeah, who.
Speaker 1: I'm doing. I'm doing a celebration that is reminiscentage correct. I'm not trying to domitations. I know you as per used.
Speaker 2: You're giving me woo. I want woo, perfect perfect.
Speaker 1: My notes mean nothing. I'm excited to hear your notes. We have just come back from WrestleMania forty one in Las Vegas. It was really fun. It's it's a long event, and boy were there are a lot of people there, over sixty one thousand people at Allegiant Stadium, so absolutely sold out. I I before I tell you any of my thoughts, I would love to hear, I'm going to go right to what the people want to know, right or strong? Your first WrestleMania, your first wrestling event.
Speaker 2: Wrestling event since being in the ring.
Speaker 3: Yes, be part of what the n I have a major thought about. But you know, we can get back. I already talked to you a little bit about it. I am exhausted. Yeah, it was a lot, Yes, it was fun. I still it's fundamentally not my scene.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Yeah, it's it's a sporting event.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, I know, it's it's more like I got into the characters and the drama and all the pageantry is like super but it's still fundamentally like going to a sporting event.
Speaker 2: That's not my scene.
Speaker 3: Like I definitely am like, wow, there's you know, a lot going on. Indy was not super into it.
Speaker 2: I was surprised by wasn't it at all? No, you know, I was like, what did you think? And he was like, it was cool.
Speaker 3: And then he started imagining five Nights at Freddy's characters wrestling and that got him very excited. So I was like, okay, so you kind of get the vibe. But I think he's he's into like more like horror fantasy stuff right now, so wrestling, and again it's I think for him it felt like a sporting thing.
Speaker 2: So he was confused.
Speaker 1: He was like, I think if he had gotten into some of the characters and he knew who some of the characters.
Speaker 2: Were, I feel like that was.
Speaker 1: Like him going like, characters, I really know five Nights of Freddy's, what if they were exactly? And I feel him knowing them.
Speaker 3: Me too, Like I didn't, you know, I thought maybe there would be more scenes or like play like explanations and they do the little pre pre role, but it happened so fast and it was hard to hear, and like nobody else is kind of paying attention, so I was like watching it and being.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, who attacked who?
Speaker 3: And what's the becks, and like, I feel like those were mostly like little previews for everyone who already knows all that stuff that is true, So I was a.
Speaker 1: Little They're not laying a bunch of pipe for people who new to the scene.
Speaker 2: So I just kept trying to think.
Speaker 3: I kept you know, I kept telling myself what Mark told us, which was, you know, to just not obelief exactly, and.
Speaker 2: That's not my default mode.
Speaker 4: At the same time I was saying to you and you weren't there going like oh this is terrible or what doing this?
Speaker 2: Or no more than anything, I just were kind.
Speaker 4: Of getting not getting into it, but also not critically analyzing everything they were.
Speaker 3: Doing, but just feeling behind, feeling a little out of it. And then I definitely much prefer watching women do the actual fighting, especially because there's far more so much more acrobatic, and I think there's something that sounds stupid, But there's something about size, Like when you're watching big dudes like hate each other, it's like it doesn't feel I know, it is very athletic, but it doesn't feel as like sort of uh, visually acrobatic, you know, like whereas like when you're watching smaller people flip and jump, it was.
Speaker 2: More like exciting.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it was a weird I was like, oh, much rather be watching the women fight.
Speaker 2: It was it was cool.
Speaker 1: I would definitely I will agree with you that women's matches over the last several years have just become the matches to watch. They are really the stars right now, I think so.
Speaker 3: And also the moves, like the guy the male moves I kind of knew even though I had never really been to a wrestling but I knew a lot of.
Speaker 4: Like suplex and power.
Speaker 3: Well I was like, oh, they're doing that thing in the area, whereas like with the women, I was like, whoa, what is that? Like they're like wrapping their legs and flipping each other in like newer ways. That just felt like, oh, I haven't seen this or heard about this, so I don't know that Maybe that was why I was a little more because like the guys. I was like, oh yeah, that's at the end. Also, we already had this. I thought the first.
Speaker 2: Fight was not that good.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe.
Speaker 3: I was like every then it got only better for me, but still okay.
Speaker 1: So the first fight tonight was Jay Usso against Gunther.
Speaker 4: Gunther who is clearly supposed to be Ivan Drago from Rocky Boy.
Speaker 1: Does he ever just look like a man?
Speaker 4: And I thought they were like they were, you know, gonna make them something Soviet like somehow they and they you know, he comes out of ice clay, you know, king because he's been a Soviet from and they're like, he's from Austria. And I'm like, Austria is a lovely country, Like what is what's go to? Guntu probably be a wonderful man. He come in to this ring if everybody struggle, like what's the problem. But they clearly were going with him, like he didn't speak much. He's like supposed to be Drago. But I liked that match match.
Speaker 1: I love that so much.
Speaker 2: Downtime, a lot of time out of the ring walking around flowering. Yeah, there's a lot of glowering from both of them, And I was like.
Speaker 3: Where's the fighting guy, and I was like, is this really what it's going to and then no, the other fights were much more active. That one just felt very tame to me and sort of like oddly like emotional and like this angsty.
Speaker 2: Way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like it was like, just let it out, guys fight each other, and it's said it was like a lot of just like possible.
Speaker 1: Well, I will definitely say it took jay Uso twenty five minutes to get into the ring. His entrance music and this if there were sixty one thousand people.
Speaker 3: There the last fight. The entrance was like a forty five minutes set up the milk.
Speaker 4: They can't milk a walk We'll.
Speaker 2: Literally see him punk on it.
Speaker 3: When he finally got introduced and walked in, Indy turned to me and Alex were like, I thought he already walked in because everybody had stood up so we couldn't see, right, And they had the pre roll for his pre entrance showed images of him walking in, so they.
Speaker 2: Were like, wait, he hasn't walked in yet, right, It hasn't even started to.
Speaker 1: Get The spectacle is massive, it really is.
Speaker 4: I have to say one thing about tonight and see it because writers are talking about Cmpunk's walking in. That was very special for me to watch that because the tape I listened to driving down from Connecticut on the bus for three hours going to New York to audition, over and over and over again to the point where I literally wore it out was living color.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so they were there singing his entrance live Yes, and it was like I was eleven years old again.
Speaker 2: On the bus.
Speaker 4: I would just listen to it over and over and over, and I was like, it's living color. It was really cool for that was a cool moment.
Speaker 1: That was really fun. Okay, so our second match of the night was New Day.
Speaker 4: New Days Day. We've told them that to their face.
Speaker 2: I actually really like.
Speaker 3: Missed their interest because I went and got a giant hot dog three Yeah, but I only ate water.
Speaker 2: I'm still full enormous in six hours since they're crazy.
Speaker 3: But when I came back in, they were already fighting, so I missed their intro.
Speaker 1: New Day was no, No, they're great there. So their their storyline, Yes, they're amazing. Their storyline was that they turned on the third member of their group, Biggie, and Biggie is beloved and so they so now the new thing is new Days, New Days up.
Speaker 3: And it was so funny because the audience was so much less into that match than they were in the first match. But I was sitting there going, this is such a better fight.
Speaker 2: There's more happening. There's so much athleticism, Like they were really like good, that's.
Speaker 1: War Raiders.
Speaker 4: So the war Raiders that because one of the guys was very it was a large dude, like a dude. He was flipping around. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: That's when I was like, Okay, this is the wrestling. I kind of hoped for it.
Speaker 1: That's what I missed in the first match.
Speaker 3: That kind of like action and of course there's four of them, so it's more stuff going on. But that was way better to me, and then the rest of the night it stayed at that level.
Speaker 4: It seems a little like the rules are a bit willingly when it comes to the tag team.
Speaker 3: Four people in there, two of them kept fighting one of that that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Will I was like, aren't they supposed to only be like that's a good mess.
Speaker 4: I feel like the refs maybe are more there to just be part of the show actually ref the match. It seems like there's some breaking of the.
Speaker 2: Rules, amusing rules and quotes see chair gets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, they're cleaning off tables. And my favorite is when it'll be like a tag team match and one the refer walk up and be holding one guy like in one corner, going like, don't do that. Where meanwhile, five feet behind him, the other guy still beating.
Speaker 2: Somebody in my chair.
Speaker 4: So it's like, I need you to stop. Stop.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So when you're at home watching it, you hear an announcer yes, yes, okay, kind of. One of it's interesting when you're in the room because it's quietest during a match and you can't hear We were far enough away that I couldn't hear anything, you know, other than the big the big slams, and I was kind of it was like strangely anti.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, when I don't. I haven't watched one at home in a very long time. You hear when you're at home, also what the wrestlers are saying to each other.
Speaker 1: Some times, but you're not supposed to. That's only like if a camera and of Mike happened to be nearby and catch one, but they're.
Speaker 3: Like yelling, you'd see them yelling at each other, and I was like, well, I can't hear them, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And you're not supposed to. It's supposed to be like yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of times that's in quiet moments, they're actually talking about how they're feeling, what they do this, giving each other cues, yes, giving each other cues.
Speaker 3: I like, my I would kind of want to see like a really small wrestling match.
Speaker 2: Now I want to go, like where I can.
Speaker 3: I want to watch, like I want to watch them stay in character and like what they're saying to each other being part.
Speaker 2: Of it, because like this was so big. Yes, it felt very I felt very far away.
Speaker 3: I felt removed from the action, you know, and and and yet I couldn't hear the comment commentator, so I didn't get that.
Speaker 2: Like to help me, I don't know. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It is a pageant though, I mean, man, with the the intro explosions going off and the music pumping, and it's it's real the crowd that the crowd is his own character, so everybody knows what to chant and when, and it's they're doing the same kind of hand gestures and all this stuff. It's really it's it's it's something, it really is.
Speaker 1: The third match of the night had my favorite package, which was the Jade Cargill Naomi fight that had that incredible background story about Jade Cargill being injured on top of the car.
Speaker 2: Hard to keep up with the hard to keep up with, like who got murdered? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, No, I don't think it's an actual murder, murdered an attack.
Speaker 2: I think she's okay.
Speaker 4: So wait, let me understand if I got it right, because I was explaining it to write her, but I wasn't sure I got the story right. Jade got beaten up and they found her and they didn't know who beat her up. Yes, she had a partner that she would often tag team with. They obviously came to the partner and said, well, your partner is down for the count. We can't let you wrestle. Somebody else came up and said, you know what, I'll wrestle with you. Wow. And then they came to them and said, well, wait, we found out who actually did it, and it looked like it was live and somebody else that had performed the you know. So then Jade gets back into it, but it turns out it was actually the girl who volunteered to wrestle rack. So I followed it.
Speaker 1: You followed up to the.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, that's what I thought of, and that's even I by the end was like, but it.
Speaker 1: Was her, yes, exactly, yes, So that's what this crazy, crazy match was about. We, I mean, the two of them. Naomi is someone I have been a fan of for a very long time. She's incredibly athletic. Her skills have only improved over the years. She's gotten better and better. And Jade is the person Mark Henry mentioned to us as being his favorite female to watch, that she had to be a superhero, is like a real life superhero, which led.
Speaker 2: Me to this question that I asked Will, which is like, what.
Speaker 3: If they actually involved like superpowers, like and and then I realized, like they can't write, like there's something about the wrestling that still.
Speaker 1: Needs to be based in reality.
Speaker 2: Real like it has to be physically.
Speaker 1: Magical, right, but it would be kind.
Speaker 3: Of cool, like it could there be like a whole nother wrestling Harry Potter superheroin.
Speaker 1: Penta is doing. What isn't that kind of what Penta is doing? I don't even know what Penta is is one of the wrestlers. He wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Street Yeah, like a whole league where like they have actual weapons.
Speaker 1: The Undertaker, I go Undertaker, I think, yeah, something light came out.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was like these are characters, these are superheroes with like superpowers, and that one came in with their own power and then you did like special effects on.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, think about the Harry Potter and the curse of this what I mean that that's what I was thinking with those.
Speaker 3: Like pyrotechnics literally or or is it like does it ruin it because it's too far in the illusion direction?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Like I wonder because there's there's all there is.
Speaker 4: It's WWE from another another universe, right, I mean that's what you do.
Speaker 1: It's total spin off. Yeah, but I think like for the most part, this is more MMA focused.
Speaker 3: It has to have that level, like you have to kind of believe that at the end of the day, these people really did beat each other up or not, because.
Speaker 2: That's the ultimate.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, Producer Jensen, I know that you have been obviously the biggest wrestling fan amongst all of us for a much longer period of time. I noticed tonight because I am a big mm A fan that there are moves like the guillotine and rear naked chokes and stuff like that. Was that always part of wrestling? Did you have that in the eighties too, or are they doing more of that now that the MMA has become so popular.
Speaker 5: So Roman Greco wrestling was more around in the eighties nineties that you saw like the souplex and whatever. Then when MMA took over and wrestlers started to get into it and become kind of MMA dudes themselves by going to like, you know, different karate lessons, et cetera, then yes, now you see all the rear chokes and all this stuff like that more in the last ten years.
Speaker 4: So okay, So because I saw there's one fight that ended tonight with a tap with a tap out, is that a new thing tapping out in wrestling? No?
Speaker 5: Tapouts have been for a long time. There was the sharpshooter Brett Hart. Okay, So there's moves that have always got people to tap out, but no, it's obviously much more in the culture. And that's why you don't see Harry Potter, And that's why you don't see it's because they they are considered or considering themselves part of the Mma family. Gotcha, they're owned by the same people you have seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in WW gosh, I feel like there was a lot more hidden than I thought.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, no, that's before.
Speaker 3: That's always been far wrestling as like the big moves, like the big ropes and the bouncing.
Speaker 1: Those are truly these are the down times. That's like when you're in yoga and you get to do a downward dog and you're like, this is my rest. Totally, that's their rest, right. If they were just doing tons of big moves all the time, they'd be out of breath, they'd be exhausted, they'd be dizzy. So they take you know, the rest.
Speaker 2: Okay, I and Jensen, you have to answer this question now.
Speaker 3: Has anybody ever just like started a match and been pinned within like thirty seconds?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And our friend Chelsea Green is a good example of it. Who was in the World Rumble match, which is thirty competitors come out over like two minute intervals. She ran out, she jumped up on the ropes and then someone pushed her out. She was out the quickest removal ever, so second then sentence and I went to a wrestlman of years and years ago. My memory is garbage, but there was a really fast, like twenty second match. Tops guy runs out, gets kicked in the face of the boots, ends at one, two three. So it's happened many times. Okay, we didn't see any tonight, but it happens.
Speaker 3: Because I just you know, I was talking to Wil I was like, what is the like the three X structure of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because they are they are very structures.
Speaker 1: And like he's very excitedly.
Speaker 5: Okay, So as a former writer of ww Wrestling in two thousand and five, this is my twenty years reunion. There is a way that the heel gets on top of it for a while. You get the booze, You get that time when he looks up and stairs at the audience of the audience booze. And then there's the comeback, which is where the good guy obviously starts to come back in a win. You see that, and then that's the whole co mania.
Speaker 2: Remember when he.
Speaker 4: Used to like he used to like shake or do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not too but he used to like shake up like he would get put in a sleeperhole. They put his arm up one two, and then on the third one hold up and then and then he'd starts shaking. Yeah, that's like the comeback, and so like then you're now you're rooting for the good guy. And then the final act is basically how it w end. Will the comeback turn into a win? They'll get the heel again to go, you know, to have one more moment there, and then the good guy would win or the bad guy win.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I also I also like one two always, why do they why can't they break the pin on one?
Speaker 4: Because there's they always break because you always cut the wire with two seconds left in the bottom sixty two seconds left.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make it. But the fact that there was no variation tonight, like there.
Speaker 1: Was there was one where someone got out on a one.
Speaker 4: We saw that because we were like one, yeah, in the final match.
Speaker 1: In the final match, there was there was one where someone on a one. Roman Reigns was out.
Speaker 2: Good okay, because I was like, you got to break this clicheance.
Speaker 1: So we have the w W Women's Championship. The winner, Tiffany Stratton, kept her belt again.
Speaker 4: Pod friend, I'd like to say friend of.
Speaker 1: The friend of the friend of the pod, friend of the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not our champion.
Speaker 1: We're still still our champion. Live is our pod meets world Champion? Yeah, what did you guys think of that match?
Speaker 2: The best fight of the night, best fight of the night. For me, it was the most fun to watch. I like both their characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, I kind of both of their characters are like not my style, Like I was definitely right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, Tiffany has like the she's got the early girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my style I kind of like, but but they're both like they both kind of seemed like heels to me, like I was both. But it was a great fight and so like Tiffany's gymnastics came out.
Speaker 4: Yeah see that the audience did.
Speaker 2: Not like Charlotte Flair no, because yeah, but it was fun. I got that. For me, it was the most fun of the night.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't disagree.
Speaker 2: I really liked that fight.
Speaker 4: I did. I thought I did. I thought it was again. I thought the best person I saw all night was was Jade. Yeah, who to me looked like she should be cast in a Conan movie, should be cast as one of the X Men. I mean, it was like you could you built a like I said, a superhero. It was amazing to watch it. The white hair, yeah, and it was perfect. Entrance was great and it was just so cool. But other than that, the best fight I don't disagree was this Charlotte Flair fight.
Speaker 2: I thought it was incredible, incredible, and so the last fight was attitude of perfect.
Speaker 3: And also it went on like it got to this point where they were both like lyne and I feel like there's a lot of the like, you know, I'm exhausted with them.
Speaker 2: I was like, they're really exhausted.
Speaker 3: They should they should be because this is this It felt like it just felt like they were working so hard, and I was really impressed with both of them.
Speaker 2: I was like totally into it.
Speaker 4: I would say that I don't know who trains wrestlers, but there's a very big problem that they need to address, which is not a single wrestler ever even attempts a block.
Speaker 1: I know you did say that.
Speaker 3: If you just what your hands was somebody blocked. I remember somebody blocking the encounter.
Speaker 1: There's no blocking when they when they were when punkin, was it Roman who or maybe it was Seth who was punching each other hitting each other in the face, back and forth. It was like, now it's your turn. They just kept trading punches. It's like you know what's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could just put up this hand and then everything might get better with.
Speaker 2: The two blonde ladies too.
Speaker 3: I was also like, that hair is a real liabil, Like you would never actually let that hair fly, but it looks dramatic.
Speaker 1: Put your hair in a braid.
Speaker 4: God, but that also shows what when she was talking about the hair matches where you have hair like that and then they shave it at the end, if you use that's crazy.
Speaker 1: We saw l A. Knight against Jacob Fatu. That was a really l A Knights guy came out in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 4: He was the fan of the audience certainly, like he was the one they wanted to win.
Speaker 2: So was he not?
Speaker 1: I mean I felt like people were really cheering for Jacob. I really thought, like, who was the heel in that situation? Good question, Jacob Jacob.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jacobo's the heel there, but a cool heel. Yeah, okay, so a little different people.
Speaker 3: I kind of thought he was one of the better actors to yeah scaring hinge. Like I was like this guy is really committed. I've never seen I didn't, you know, I never heard him speak, but I was like, this guy, I'd like to see this guy in a movie. Like this guy acting.
Speaker 4: You leaned over to me and you're like, he's growling. I think he's growling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you know, you're going for it, man.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 1: Also worth mentioning the first three matches of the night, there were belt turnovers that the person hold you know, trying to keep their belt lost it.
Speaker 4: The only person who kept their belt all night was Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Tiffany, it's exactly right. And then that brings us to the very last match of the evening, which was a three way match between seth Rawlins, CM Punk and Roman Reigns. Really incredible athleticism.
Speaker 4: And choreography of choreography.
Speaker 1: You got a lot of great audience chants. There was we want tables and that's they wanted somebody going through it.
Speaker 4: And then they did it and they got out. It was clear that later in the match that was supposed to happen, but Roman Reigns heard the chance, walked over to a table. You could tell he was like, all right, I'll go with this, Like this doesn't happen right now in the match, but if they want me to walk over and just clear one off in the place, place of place, And you could tell that was kind of him just listening to the audience and be like, all right, let's so. It was really cool to hear how he can stay in characters, stay on beat, but add something to then go with the sun high like.
Speaker 1: Challenge you with one thing. But I bet it was part of it. You think two people went through two different tables, both tables eventually needed to get cleared, and you think.
Speaker 4: You think it was supposed to happen, all do it here.
Speaker 1: Even if the chant didn't happen, the audience was just one step ahead of what they were doing. And I bet he was going to do that anyway. I bet that was part of it, so that they had two cleared off tables because it was sunk.
Speaker 3: And the thought that I had about Our Boy World episode was like, really kind of messed up that we did two takes?
Speaker 2: Yes, so messed up.
Speaker 3: We've ruined We've ruined wrestling for a night. Yeah, what crap, we should not have done that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care, like figure.
Speaker 1: It out, like you gotta use it.
Speaker 3: Jeff McCracken, I have words like he really he asserted Boy meets World reality over the wrestling, and I'm like, that sucks.
Speaker 4: That well, that's why apparently.
Speaker 2: Because it was like this we had so we did it twice. We made the whole.
Speaker 1: Audience participate in TV show tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah bummer. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because when I was watching tonight and they were like, we're gonna start the match over again, it would be like the biggest violation.
Speaker 2: Of what we're here for.
Speaker 4: I'd be yelling Boy meets World sucks too at that point, because it is it's taking you completely, yeah, completely out of the match. I imagine in the middle of us shooting our show, in the middle of a scene, they decided to also shoot part of a family matters and they're like, you guys need to start over because we messed up our Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not cool, really not cool. Actually, like it.
Speaker 3: Was like it was like this would be so awful.
Speaker 1: I love that you actually thought of that there, and we're like, I'm gonna put myself in their shoes. Oh, this is bad for the.
Speaker 2: Performers and for the audience. Not cool.
Speaker 3: It's not like and like also like we could have done it afterwards, I feel like if it was a shot is because issue like Jeff McCracken must have not gotten something he needed. Yes, because I don't think it was performance based. But then to make them redo part of the fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not cool. Not cool. I also want to say, I think I said this the last time after raw and now this is my second time, and it's it's absolutely one hundred percent because I'm such a nerd. I love different nerdoms, uh and fandoms. The fans are incredible. Oh yeah, they're the nicest people. They're all in on each other, they're chanting at the same time, they're cool next to each other. It's it was great.
Speaker 2: I mean once again all the fans.
Speaker 1: Will was recognized left and right.
Speaker 4: I think we because Will was sitting next to Danielle Fishing official left and right. So yes, it's hard not to recognize.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think that's it. I think you have to stop saying you never get recognized again.
Speaker 2: Let's put I will put it this way.
Speaker 4: You're right, I definitely get recognized when I'm with you. So yeah, that's your one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: We would be really failing our audience if we didn't talk about the ending of the main event, big, big spoiler alert. If you if you are there again, you don't want to know the ending of the main event, then turn it off right now, GIP or turn us off. But Paul Hayman, who has known Roman Reigns and Sumpunk for twenty plus years, it's your whole career, is right, Yeah, has been involved from the ground up with both of them. And it was a big thing. Oh, who's he gonna be with He's he gonna go with Roman? Is he gonna go with them Punk? And it looked like for sure he had chosen Punk, And I don't think it was really on the bingo card that he was gonna turn on Punk, but he did. He turned on Punk. He handed a chair to Punk to use on Roman reins, and then right when Punk raised the chair, Paul assaulted CM Punk between the legs, which knocked CM Punk to the ground. And then Paul took the chair and he handed it to Roman, and it was like, oh, Man gone back with Roman. Wow, this whole thing was a ruse. He's not you'll switcheroo. But then Roman picked up the chair and Paul did the same thing to him. Room double insulted injury.
Speaker 2: Double switcher room my friend.
Speaker 1: He is now partnered and paired up with the seth Rawlins, who was the winner of the match, but.
Speaker 2: Not the winner of WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: No, no, there's not no there he did. They actually didn't even win a belt. That wasn't for it, that wasn't for a championship belt.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Ryder brings up a good question.
Speaker 4: So this is a two night event tomorrow, is there a WrestleMania champion, like somebody wins just WRESTLEMANI tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Is John Cena versus Cody Rhodes.
Speaker 4: Right, But that's for a belt. That's for a belt that's not that's not WrestleMania champion.
Speaker 1: But it's still kind of WrestleMania champion. John Cena's whole thing this is, you know, John Cena's had the biggest heel turn of all time. We've talked about it a little bit in some of our interviews. He's been the number one babyface, the baby and now not only is he a heel to wrestlers, he's even a heel to the fans. He's just pissed and his big thing has been I am coming back to win WrestleMania and then I'm leaving forever. And I am just curious if that's if it's true, it's true, and if he wins tomorrow, is there a bigger heel thing than saying I've lied to all of you. I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm your It's seriously the emperor from Star Wars, who's not going to sit on his throat exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm now the king.
Speaker 4: So for the record, I've beaten John Cena.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, you heard me.
Speaker 4: I've beaten Johnson beaten John Cena and what well the only thing we would go up against each other for a role. And so he apparently auditioned to play ron Stoppable?
Speaker 2: Possible?
Speaker 1: What really? Pipe and hot tea?
Speaker 4: The rumor is apparently John Cena auditioned to play ron Stoppable and I kicked his ass. Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's all I got. I dare you to say that.
Speaker 4: I would be happy to say it to his face. By the way, if that is not true, then I'm sorry, okay, and I will do whatever he needs so he doesn't hit me in the face. I like this, and I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: I like this for sure. Yeah, who were you hoping was going to win the main event between Roman Reigns, seth Rawlins and CM Punk.
Speaker 4: You know me in loyalty, Yeah, and you guys brought me into the wrestling world, and you guys are all big CM punk fans were. So if you're all in for Punk and we're all family, then I'm I'm rooting for Punk too. So I was hoping that your friend CM punk was was going to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This was the biggest night of Cmpunk's life.
Speaker 2: And one he'd been working.
Speaker 4: Seeing his opening package.
Speaker 1: Right where you see how young he was.
Speaker 4: Seeing his package is something I wish I didn't say, but seeing the video they put on.
Speaker 1: The video pack, how long he'd been there.
Speaker 4: How young he was, how different he looked, amazing, really amazing, how.
Speaker 2: A big package.
Speaker 1: Truly a career in the making. It has always been his number one dream, like a lot of people, like a lot of wrestlers, to main main event WrestleMania, and uh he last year got injured and this year was able to do it. I really did think Punk was gonna win. I thought it was going to be.
Speaker 4: I think most people thought Pink was going to win, which is why he couldn't. Because if you get in there and you've got ninety percent of the audience thinking one guy is gonna win. They got it.
Speaker 2: They can't let that guy win.
Speaker 4: He's got to be because, again going in in my head with the very little I know about wrestling, it was Roman Reigns and then CM Punk. One of those guys had to win, and then there was the third guy. So then halfway through a like, oh, they're gonna give it to the third guy. Yeah, they're gonna give it's all of a sudden, Pete Best is the best beatle out of nowhere, and so that's about halfway through. It was like, they're gonna give it to the guy that nobody thinks is gonna win, and I don't know how they're gonna get there, but that's gonna be their end game. I kind of figured that was the way it was gonna happen because it'll be a great challenge.
Speaker 1: A great little round.
Speaker 4: Now a question for rules, because it's a it's a three person match, so it's all three of them against each other.
Speaker 1: First pin, yeah, first with yeah, so could.
Speaker 4: Two guys gang up on a third and both of them pin, just hold down one guy and just pin them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But then you wouldn't work They're not the winner then, But then you can work together and then make the guy think you're gonna do something like that, then beat him up and then pin someone. You would always want to be the one.
Speaker 4: Right, but you two guys can work together and tie.
Speaker 5: No, you would never want that. You never want to take a tie, right.
Speaker 1: You want to be the one.
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Uh, overall thoughts? You know, I'm going to go first with overall thoughts, I think hearing what writer said, I think that's a very valid point that WrestleMania is the biggest and grandest, most detailed situation you could possibly find yourself in. That if you're going to try to get someone into wrestling, maybe don't bring them to the biggest event. First, get them in on the ground floor, getting to know the characters a little bit. So I think maybe we did you a little bit of a disservice by having WrestleMania be your first. But would you go to another wrestling event? Were your overall thoughts? Writer, I'd like to.
Speaker 2: Go to a smaller one for sure, and I'd like to be.
Speaker 3: I always I always get overwhelmed when there's lore that I don't know, right, right, Like I've always been intimidated to like get into stuff like this is why I never got into comic books.
Speaker 2: This is sue with Yeah, I never as a.
Speaker 3: Kid, I could never start comic books because I was always like I don't know which X men to get into to start, you know, and like now and nowadays, I feel like there's like guides on the internet, so I could probably do it, like you could find the primer. But yeah, so I was a little like overwhelmed and like I'm immediately like this is so I don't know what what the answer to that would be for me, but you know, ultimately, like I do think that the culture, like even though I can appreciate the storytelling and the athleticism and like the fact of these characters and the depth of this like world, I'm not sure it's all for me, you know what I mean. Like it's just not, like I said, it's sort of like it's a pseudo sporting event. I don't like sporting.
Speaker 2: Events to begin with.
Speaker 3: So even even if like the fiction is developed and interesting and it's still kind of ultimately about people beating each other up, which is like not really my thing.
Speaker 2: So like you know, or like I don't so ultimately, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: But if I could see like the introduction of a new character and like be there for their first fight, or like, I don't know, something that would be kind of like the indie way in maybe i'd be into it, you know, or like definitely a smaller match, like being closer to the action and like watching the people do their thing and being able to hear them talk, or I don't know, something like that would be kind of they'd probably.
Speaker 2: Be better for me.
Speaker 1: Well what about you? What do you think? You've now been to two wrestling events Raw, the first one ever on Netflix and then.
Speaker 4: And then I don't disagree with Ryder in certain ways, I am I Again, Susan is exactly the same way. And one of the things she hates more than anything is when I drag her one of these Marvel movies or something like that and somebody comes on the screen and I go, oh, yeah, and she's like, what the hell does that mean? She doesn't like that, And I can see why people tune out with that. I thought I had more fun at RAW because the venue was smaller and we had much closer seats. Yeah, so it was like we were part of the action at raw was very close to me. They were throwing wrestlers literally five feet from us at row, which obviously makes your experience different.
Speaker 1: Sitting side is yeah.
Speaker 4: That being said, I am a nerd and I love fandoms.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: I just love fandoms. I love the languages that are involved in that. Everybody's got it. They all have their own cultures, they all have their own norms, they all have their own dress codes, they all and I love learning new ones. Microworlds are like my favorite thing. So going to these and learning the world and today I had already. While I certainly am not fluent, I was conversational in wrestling totally to where now that I was there, I knew who to root for a little bit, I knew some of the hand gestures to do. I knew when to chan and when not to chan, and when to boo and when not to boo. So picking that stuff up was great. And and sitting next to Rider, who had three of the biggest hot dogs ever. I'm always one no, but I'm just saying, I'm your fan of giant hot dogs. I am a fan of big giant hot dogs and mega packages, Mega but no, so I again, I liked it. I would definitely go to another one. I preferred it in the smaller venue than the big giant Venueah, but that's just me. That's for most things I prefer. I don't go to a lot of concerts, but I much prefer being at a place that seats one hundred and thirty five people to listen to music then in place that seats one hundred and thirty five thousands. So I think I kind of agree with Rider there. But I like the nerdom and I really love the fans, so I'm yeah, I'm in. Well do I will I go home and watch it all the time?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Probably not, but I'll follow it enough to where when we go to another one, and I hope we do, I will stay conversational in wrestling, and I think that's a that's a fun way to do it. I also have an idea for writer to get into the world if he were allowed to fully create a character for a wrestler, like backstory, everything, yeah, and then apply it to that wrestler and then develop it to the point where you work on it the wrestler and then you get to go see them him or her. Winner lose their first match. I think you'd be in hook Latin sinker.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is there like a fantasy football league, like for like is there a way to play? I don't know, Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think fund ofment, you know, going back to that advice of like don't overanalyze it.
Speaker 2: I like overanalyzing things I do. Like that's what I like about books.
Speaker 3: It's like you get with it over and like even like music, like the music I like tends to be the stuff that like the lyrics are take you five what.
Speaker 1: We do with our podcast exactly, it's my dream.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like I go to a concert, I'm fine, Like I want to sit down and just enjoy the concert, you know, like in that over analysis mode. So like this sort of like I mean the sporting events or not that, like sporting events are.
Speaker 2: Like live in the moment, see it happened, Like this.
Speaker 3: Is not my style, Like I'm just never going to be that person who's like fully into that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So well, totally fair. I had I had a blast with both of you.
Speaker 4: What were your thoughts on WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: I thought WrestleMania was great. I thought there was some lulls. I found there to be some lulls.
Speaker 2: I'm the first match was amazing.
Speaker 1: I well, part of the reason I thought the first match was amazing is because my son Adler is a big jay Uso fan, okay, and so I am a j Uso fan. And to see, you know, I think that anytime you're in a crowd of sixty one thousand people and it appears as though fifty nine thousand of them are chanting the same thing, and they he is a superstar. And to watch him he was making his entrance all the directly across from where we were sitting. To see him make his entrance slowly down, I mean it definitely took a good twenty five minutes. It was a slow walk, but but it was everyone singing his song like I just love that. I love that kind of spectacle and boy is he over, you know, like he's just he's he's big time. So I thought that was really fun and so that carried that went far for me. But yeah, I thought there were some lulls. I actually didn't love the Tiffy Charlotte Flair match as much as you guys said that.
Speaker 4: You were saying that, you know, what I.
Speaker 1: Think I missed that I'll say for sure is different about WrestleMania than other wrestling events. I like the wrestlers on the mic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I wanted to. There were do that.
Speaker 1: They don't do that, and.
Speaker 2: So normally they do get to say something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like yes, a lot of times.
Speaker 2: They was expecting that. I kind of wanted to, like.
Speaker 1: I want to see their personalities outside of just an entrance, yeah, or holding a bell.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought I was just no. I don't know why I had that in my mind that there was going to be more of like.
Speaker 1: I wanted that. I thought that would have really I thought, if they could have cut the entrances down by half and given them some some real life stuff on the mic, Well.
Speaker 4: When did they stop? Because when I first saw wrestling as a kid, it was that bald guy with the mustache who would interview them all right before their matches and they're all going like, let me tell you something like yeah, And so they're cutting kind of slicker promost together where there's something about just doing the interview with the guy sweating and screaming like I can't wait to kill him in the ring tonight. Like, that's kind of cool, and I missed that.
Speaker 3: I have a very very weird memory that just came back to me. I'm not sure if we've talked about this in the podcast before, but do you remember the opening scene for the Boy Meets World script that you and I wrote together for during the first season of Boy Meets World.
Speaker 4: I remember lines from it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what the well, I'm bringing it up right now.
Speaker 5: Of course, there's no way you're going to bring that up, and we're going to end the podcast quickly. So you should really think about this because there are people really want to know what your script too.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's just put it this way. We'll give you one line and we'll talk about it in pre show chatter. Let's get ready to thumble.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. You guys are so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. We talked to April Kelly. I remember her.
Speaker 4: I think I was succeeed and you were thirteen, and we were like, we're gonna go write a scrip with.
Speaker 2: Stumble Ready stumble. Do you guys still have Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure it was handwritten.
Speaker 3: No, we were definitely on a computer, the first person I ever knew. Yeah, I either had movie magic or whatever. The screenwriting program was ready.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I want will I want you to talk a little bit about Brett Hart and Triple H.
Speaker 4: Okay, well it's just something, and again I could be totally wrong, but it's just something I noticed. So they were doing the inductee class. They're introducing the inductee class of twenty twenty five for the Hall of Fame for.
Speaker 1: The w W wh which happened last night, happened last night, and.
Speaker 4: There was you know, it was Stone called Steve Austin and Brett Hart for when they're both in already, but I guess this was for a specific match that they did, so that match was making it in. And there's a couple other wrestlers that were there that I hadn't heard of, our family members of wrestlers that were there because maybe they had passed away. And then it was Triple H and Triple H who also I think is married to mc Stephanie and essentially now runs the company.
Speaker 1: With her correct creative Yeah, he's are creative.
Speaker 4: Director or whatever. So he had this big entrance, like the rest of them are all kind of standing on stage and they did some very nice little packages. But then they he came out and it was like they like they were introing them like they did for one of the other.
Speaker 1: Wrestlers was introduced into.
Speaker 4: So big music all that stuff, and he walked down the aisle kind of shaking everybody's hand. The first person was Stone called Steve Boston, who shook his hand very politely, and the next was Brett Hart, and I swear to god, he shook his hand. Brett Hart. There's got to be footage of it. Brett Hart kind of like gave him a smirk, wasn't really looking, and then the second he walked away, he gave this look where it was just kind of like whatever, Like it looked like he did not like him or what had just happened or something.
Speaker 5: But there was wait, well, there's a very long history here, very long history. So Brett Hart, it has the most infamous problem with the WWE in the nineties and he got screwed. The reality became wrestling, Wrestling became reality.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, this is real life, this is not a bit.
Speaker 5: Well for w it was a bit, and then I'll get into the reality. There's a match. Brett Hart is leaving for the competition. They know it's going to happen. You're supposed to respectfully let them lose and leave. But Brett supposedly didn't want to lose. There was some sort of problem going on, and they just made him lose, like they count A referee counted two and then called it as three, and Brett learned he was losing the match. In the ring, he punched Vince McMahon, who was running the company at the time. Now luckily no longer punched him in the face at backstage. It was all very real.
Speaker 4: So on camera there's a punch in the face.
Speaker 5: Documentary crew got it. Wow, not from ww A and he played it years later. So, uh, that is Triple H's best friend. So Triple H's best friend, Shawn Michaels is the guy who basically beat him on a two count it and that was the the Vince McMahon became a bad guy, not only in real life, but a bad guy wrestler, a wrestler, right, so that he it became he was just like a normal announcer. And then now he screwed this dude over in real life and in wrestling and so that was so you saw something very ye that you noticed that that yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like that something's going on there because that guy just gave a weird face right when he walked away. See, there's so much history of weirdness.
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're very intuitive.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say to that.
Speaker 1: I've got Well, thank you all for joining us for this incredible WrestleMania weekend. We had some incredible interviews. We had so much fun at the event.
Speaker 2: This is a cool weekend.
Speaker 1: This was a really great weekend and we will be back on Monday with our regular programming. There will be an interview with Gary H. Miller and then on Thursday we'll be doing a recap, So we'll see you later this week. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Wrter Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Pod Meets World Show, or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com.