Speaker 1: Still the Place with Laura Layton, Courtney Thorn Smith.
Speaker 2: And Daphne's Aniga an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: We have Heather Luck for your with.
Speaker 1: So good to see you.
Speaker 4: You know, I see these people a lot more or I text him talk and all that shit.
Speaker 1: I imagine you know this. I hope you know this.
Speaker 5: But every time your name is mentioned, people go, oh, Heather, she's the best all really because and I was thinking as we watched these episodes, so did you get to watch the two episodesyme on twenty first one? So one where you came on and the first scene when you and I come together, And I had this rush of warmth of remembering because I had this flash memory of being nervous because you were coming on. I knew who you were, and I was nervous, and you were so warm and funny and down to earth, and I just had this sense memory of that moment of how lovely you could have been a diva.
Speaker 1: We didn't know, and remember heaven was so warm.
Speaker 5: And grounded and down to earth, and I just you know what everybody says that about you?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: When I watched it, I go, you are so earnest the whole thing was so interest and I don't remember really any of it, especially when Okay, so you're so earnest, and I was very nice, and I was the most conservative dress. I remember that I was wearing like longer skirts to be a professional or something weird like that, and I'm like, I'm going to be a professional I wanted, And so I remember that I wore weird skirts. And when I looked at Deborah Dare and you, she had the shortest skirt. You're the second, and then I had this long conservative thing and I don't remember that stuff. We were so good, nice to each other and it was so warm to see. That's what I thought was really cool. And then I'm like, it was just nice.
Speaker 5: I didn't remember that Amanda and Allison started off such sweet friends.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: It made my heartbreak for little Alison all over again because you were super sweet.
Speaker 1: But my god, did you Beline for Billy fast? I mean, well, see, I didn't see the second one. I'll have to come back. Well, you didn't see the one where you belined from Billy an end of this episode. The lad at the end of this episode, you're making eyes at him already, and I thought it happened later, like you didn't see the next episode, but the next episode in the lake every day, Are you pretty? The Lakehouse?
Speaker 5: Which I thought was the end of the season, But I think it was the end of our initial season.
Speaker 1: Remember when we.
Speaker 5: Were I say we were, I was water skiing.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was so soon episode thought it was like next season, next year. Episode it was raining, an episode it was hailing. I can't she's in the water nearly down.
Speaker 2: Had to do the water skiing? Was that like a film behind you? Did you really need to get up on water skis?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 5: When it was the close up, Well, it was a double for the actual skiing when you guys.
Speaker 1: Learning or yelling. I was yelling at your TV.
Speaker 5: And then and then when I was in the water, I was actually in the water. And I remember I was crying because we got picked up so at the end of twenty two and I thought, oh my god, the end is near.
Speaker 1: The end is near.
Speaker 5: Then you come on and it must have been just having you on. Spelling was like, well, we're going to pick up ten more just having you on.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious how many were you signed on it? First? You were signed for four just that alone was enough to get us picked up. I was like, Hi, Heather, a pickup? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Well, she was so upset.
Speaker 6: It was a bad day to let you know that you had ten more to go this year. Okay, so you thought you were coming on for four episodes? So what was that like when you get the call, say hey from Aaron Spelling or what was that like.
Speaker 4: When you got First of all, I watched the show because there was so much much press on it, and I was going, oh my god, this show.
Speaker 1: Is going to be great and blah blah blah, and I wish I could be on it, but I'm too old blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh no.
Speaker 4: But I was like thirty or almost thirty or something like that, and I know, right, and you guys were all twenty early twenties, and so I'm like, oh, you know, I would never But anyway, so i'd watch it and I thought it was good. And then I got call from our manager and she said, would you want to do that? And I go, of course, yeah, that'd be fun. You know, I didn't really I just said I want to be a business woman. I don't want to be Sammy Joe from Dynasty. I don't want to like be a pirky girl and so smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a smart move.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so really I think I went into Aaron's office and Joan and I went into Aaron's office and talked about it, and that was it. I'm like, Okay, that'll be fun. And so it was only four and I thought I was picked up. It was the last four of the season. Well, I guess it was supposed to be, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, because but then we went to thirty two, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Then I guess they tacked it onto the end of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then I think I was only added then to the next ten, if that's what you say A little bits at a time.
Speaker 2: So when you got into Aeron's because he calls you his lucky penny, Yeah right, did you guys have an ongoing communication or he just like was like get.
Speaker 1: Heather, and really, I have no idea. Can you imagine, Oh, they like talk, they hang out and he's like, did he ever.
Speaker 3: Call you his lucky Penny to your face?
Speaker 1: No? Sa date line?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean do you remember being in his office and him explaining it to you?
Speaker 3: And do you remember what he said to you.
Speaker 4: Now, not really No, I'm like, okay, good for men.
Speaker 6: And so then do you have recollections of coming to the set and meeting these actors, Like.
Speaker 4: What were you like before with my stand in Christine Albertson because she was working on the show and I came there for either to have lunch with her or yeah, lunch with her or I don't even know why I went there, but it was on location on Ventura Boulevard and maybe I knew someone that was on the set or the crew something like that, and so we had lunch and that was it.
Speaker 1: So it's really nice that.
Speaker 3: Was before the episode.
Speaker 1: They actually came on before I even was asked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I noticed, and I watched it episode twenty one this first season, which is where we just watched your entrance, Like we all have in mind, this entrance of Heather Lockleyer as a man.
Speaker 1: You're literally Lucy's like, I'm gonna call on Amanda, you know her.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: In the room the entire time, right, And you just walk in, Hey, als and you're like hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do what and then you're gone. That's it.
Speaker 3: And then and then the next episode.
Speaker 4: You'll come in and watch weeks and you know what I watched because I thought because it came on first, I'm like, oh, but I'm on twenty one. It's so I've got to watch twenty one. Oh, but I did see that we were on the ice skating rink. Is that this next episode?
Speaker 2: I think it's probably twenty three because you go from the water skiing to ice skating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guy in there yet. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is the lake house, which I thought had to be much later. But you moved in so fast, moving on the platonic.
Speaker 4: What you were doing with that guy with the underwear and no underwear, I know, So I'm like, well, if they could do it, I certainly can't.
Speaker 6: We're watching both episodes and it's like this, we're watching something we never even participated in because we can't remember stuff.
Speaker 1: Like oh my gosh, I forgot that's when.
Speaker 6: That happened, or how early it happened, or that it happened at all. It's been so funny to go back and see it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I remember the water skiing thing because I remember I had to do that on t J.
Speaker 1: Hooker. Once we're on the pier and we're walking and things are hitting our face.
Speaker 7: Don't blank, don't black waters, they can't see it, And so I remember that, and then it happened like while we're skiing, Oh, don't don't blink, just smile and don't haling.
Speaker 1: On like it's a sunny day and you're.
Speaker 2: The only one that got on skis do you want to flirt with billion the boat?
Speaker 1: But still the wind tail is poking your hair.
Speaker 7: Well, you guys aren't look at her, don't even know it's Courtney.
Speaker 5: And I was thinking, as I'm watching it, so you come in, Heather Lockler comes in, and you know, as you know, Andrew is my real life boyfriend at the time, right. I think Luckily I wasn't in the scenes that you guys were in, so I didn't have to actually watch you guys make out because it's like you're in the first episode, make eyes in him. Next episode you're making out like crazy, and yeah, like.
Speaker 3: A few times, like a few times.
Speaker 5: I was probably thinking, well, at least she's only here for four episodes. Wait a minute, but you're so lovely, You're such a girl's girl that I know I didn't feel and the character.
Speaker 6: Was so sweet too, like it was such a different version of Amanda than we all associate her with, like think of her as the later versions of it.
Speaker 3: So here's this gorgeous, lovely person.
Speaker 6: I like, I believe the friendship between Compaly Amanda, like you're so sweet, just such a different version and we have such a long way to travel. The funny thing about that relationship that bam that happened right off the bat, and then like I wonder how quickly it's going to turn turn?
Speaker 3: Like is it going to happen really fast?
Speaker 1: From Heather?
Speaker 2: Did they tell you you're gonna did they give you anything that you're going to be this like power woman or you're just going to be not knowing nothing?
Speaker 3: I'm like, what the hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're probably like gonna be a wedge between Billy and Allison, and they just didn't know how well it was gonna work.
Speaker 1: Maybe yes, so sweet, like Amanda was so sweet.
Speaker 5: You kept saying are you sure, Alison, because Billy's really cute? Are you sure there's nothing that like kept asking permission. I'm like, oh, there's nothing. If you have any different story, you're such.
Speaker 3: A nice homewrecord, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Are you sure? I did have someone do that to me, by the way, really, but we're not going to.
Speaker 3: Them really.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Did you watch Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Scene in my real life where a guy's X showed up at the door and she was crying and causing a scene and then he goes and then he's like excuse us, and he goes out side on the porch with her, and I'm like, I just go I.
Speaker 3: Get paid to do that. You can't afford to have me in this scene.
Speaker 1: So how we're done? And I liked that.
Speaker 5: I love because I was like, I go to work and do this for Mar's place.
Speaker 1: I don't need this in my real real life. You did give me so drop.
Speaker 3: You must have had that off screen too. Come on, yeah, I think you had a learn saying no, we don't need to.
Speaker 6: I'd like to hear about like where you were in your career and in your life, like what came just at this turning point in your.
Speaker 3: Life when Melrose was coming up.
Speaker 6: You were obviously you were almost thirty or you were thirty or whatever, so you were done with college and you were you've already been working forever.
Speaker 3: You get a model, like where were you?
Speaker 1: I had already done Dynasty, I'd done TJ. Hooker.
Speaker 4: I think I was doing some Movies of the Week stuff like that. A lot of that I was with Tommy.
Speaker 3: And do you support you doing this? Was he like, you remember.
Speaker 4: When you would go stunt woman and pretend to hit me. Of course I do that party, Yes you do stunt I always right. I forgot what you said. You said like stunt or.
Speaker 1: Something, Yeah, I did, and I was not having it.
Speaker 3: You were great.
Speaker 4: I was like, and that night, oh my god, I wanted to kill him. He was, well, I love him today and his wife. I love them both and we talk all the time. But I was like, he was wasting. He goes swilling and I'm like, you're not meeting Harry and get back there, and I think he walked up to himself.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill himkill him, kill him.
Speaker 3: We gotta go, we gotta go.
Speaker 5: But our sweet Aeron had probably had one or two himself, so probably would have been fine, nice hug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 5: You do you remember those were the days when you'd come into audition for him and you'd hug you.
Speaker 1: You knew him for so long. I was like, you probably can't do that. I didn't really know Hug.
Speaker 4: I was like a like a child when I was eighteen, or on TJ. Hooker and on on Dinasts first and teacher, both of them.
Speaker 1: But no, I never talked to him.
Speaker 3: I was too shy. In to Christmas at the Big Man. Did you ever go?
Speaker 1: I know? He invited me and my mom.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, I have a dad and a family and you and your mom And I was like, you know what.
Speaker 1: I thank you. That's so nice. Mom. Do you want to come? And she's like, well, no, we have Christmas. Do you want to see a wrapping room? I want to see a wrapping rapping room.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never got.
Speaker 5: Invited to the party that Did you know that Daphne and Grant and a whole bunch of people are on motorcycle rides on the weekend?
Speaker 1: Did you come to that ever? I went with the Motley cud you like Lauren Courtney's turning the whole dinner party.
Speaker 3: Never invited around to now I've.
Speaker 1: Been in your.
Speaker 5: Thirty years and trying to get everybody I remember, I will I will check.
Speaker 1: An old song. I'm sure right I did right after and trying to get it.
Speaker 3: We almost she almost and I almost.
Speaker 4: Do you both live in Malibu or palis or just right out side? We were both on the bubble for the whole two weeks, so close. How about you were you okay?
Speaker 1: No? Completely? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Completely.
Speaker 2: I have red drops of retardant on my back deck which I was scrubbing over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Did you have to leave from the plane? Oh yeah, we were both had to. We were back a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: But it was close, and your animals and everything's okay, everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, thank god.
Speaker 3: How about have you ever had any problems with Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fires, just one like well one I think it was Christmas Day eve. We all left because we could see the fires around, just kind of surrounding a little bit, and so we went to my parents and then they came back. Richie and my dad I think stayed and then they were at the bar drinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, hand yea drink the other like what are you saying?
Speaker 4: But then there was another one where I could see it because I'm on the top hill in this little community and i could see it, and I'm calling my people, like five in the morning, the fly the fires going around, and they are like we don't see it the night and don't or don't call us wow, okay, And then I was evacuated once but it was nothing close.
Speaker 3: But they're a thing. They're really and they're getting worse here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, but back to the drama's right now, it's scary, like winds at my house are like seventy miles per hour, like always wowcary.
Speaker 5: But so do you remember when you came on now? You're so down to earth. I'm guessing you didn't bring your own hair and makeup. That's so not like you. And the other thing that I remember so clearly about you. So one thing that divas are famous for is making everybody wait on set, and you and I used to race each other to set, like we would see It's like, I don't care if.
Speaker 1: I looked at it. I have to be there on set. I always wanted to be on time.
Speaker 5: They can only touch you fifty times, yes, any of that which was so lovely. And do you remember one of my favorite memories is you and Jack Wagner teasing each other mercilessly, and he used to call you Helen.
Speaker 1: He goes Helen. Here, where's Helen? Do we have Helen yet always and he goes, you know what, something something smells.
Speaker 4: I go, I wipe back the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, you guys.
Speaker 5: I know you in and A one time because he was so vain, are you part of the way you tease him was he was vain When he asked for a mirror, Loana brought out a.
Speaker 1: Full size mirror to bring out a full size like things stuck to the side. It was so funny. And he has such a great sense of he does, he does.
Speaker 5: And then you guys, I remember too, used to like eat onions before you're kissing scenes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you remember that you torture? Yes, he was, and he always when I'd leave to go, he touched my gobblet.
Speaker 3: Don't touch it.
Speaker 1: Stop touching it, glad. Okay.
Speaker 4: Remember the guy from Baywatch, David David Sharvay, God bless him.
Speaker 1: We're just so in his scenes.
Speaker 4: He would always think before his line, he go but and then he says line and he'd do that all the time, so we called him but Tom But and then Rina Sofer had a funny laugh. She had dark hair, really blue eyes, gorgeous, Yeah, really beautiful okay, And she did something on Spin City, I think, and Charlie had a foot fetish and I and so she was a yoga teacher, so predictable, and he goes, I go, maybe ask her the feet, the toes.
Speaker 1: She might wear shoes on the date.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but she was a yoga teacher. So he got to see her feet and he had made his decision already.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 5: You did Spin City with Charlie and you guys are so great on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did an episode of Spin City. I don't remember seeing you.
Speaker 4: But with Michael or with with Michael, Yeah, so I wasn't I was only in the last season with him in New York. Yeah, yeah, I did an episode of that too with Charlie or yeah, and then on.
Speaker 5: Weekends we went on motorcycle rides. Anyway, so you thought you were there for four episodes. And it's hard to be a guest star, right because you're coming into something established now you of course, people used to say, did you resent when Heather came on and got so much attention.
Speaker 4: I was like, we were about to get canceled. We wouldn't have a show. I didn't even know you were about to be canceled. I didn't know anything.
Speaker 5: We were look, we were we weren't it because Andrew always was so remember how he'd come into the ratings.
Speaker 1: He was so into the ratings.
Speaker 5: We were not doing well and we weren't growing, and they remember came in Everything shifted.
Speaker 3: Chip did object to that.
Speaker 6: He didn't think the show was going to get canceled. He thought Fox was willing to give it, I mean, just for argument's sake. He thought that Fox was really willing to give it more time than other networks might have done.
Speaker 3: And the numbers weren't necessarily because we were.
Speaker 1: Like how are they? How are these shows doing.
Speaker 3: Up against other Fox shows?
Speaker 6: And he knew there wasn't much to go in a timeslot, so like he felt like the show was safe, at least for the cancelation.
Speaker 1: One of the.
Speaker 4: Great reasons that it continued because Fox wanted to be a real rather than just the Simpsons and the.
Speaker 1: Married with children married with children.
Speaker 5: Because I said that someone sent in one of the fans sent in the ratings and it was we were ninety two out of ninety eight or something, and she said, yeah, but that wasn't fair because Fox said so many few affiliates when you came on and I'm I'm so curious. But when you turn because even though you kiss Billy way too fast, long.
Speaker 1: Second episode, keep it in your pants for one second for.
Speaker 3: The love of it, not like Alison right now, because that's.
Speaker 1: What let's just say. Alison and I.
Speaker 5: Are not handling it very well, not handling it very well, but you're lovely about it, like you keep checking with me and Alison keeps, no, it's fine.
Speaker 1: I have no interest.
Speaker 5: It's fine, it's fine, Sharon share like like I'm seething with rage, but I'm not showing it apparently so fun.
Speaker 1: But you have to turn quickly.
Speaker 5: Because isn't it the second season where it's Monday's or a Bitch?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that the same? So you must go from being this loveliest person we just met.
Speaker 5: In your first episode. Maybe that was the third, so we have two more, we have ten more episodes.
Speaker 1: And I was so bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you go one, you go through all the guys in the building.
Speaker 1: I remember one time you were complaining because.
Speaker 3: You took three or four or five seasons to do.
Speaker 5: Amanda had such a bad reputation because you kept slepting with sleeping with people in the building and I had actually Alison actually had had more boyfriends, but they kept bringing people in, so people forgot, like.
Speaker 1: They'd come in for an episode or two and.
Speaker 5: Then they go, I should have been And I actually like I was much looser, but it didn't show because people weren't really tracking it because you were going literally just knocking on the next apartment door and.
Speaker 1: I just want to borrow some sugar.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't wait till you go.
Speaker 5: After Jake, Well, it was everyone, but it was after we broke up that felt later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot later.
Speaker 6: Well, I think out of necessity, everybody needs to sort of like move around, right, you can't can't keep one storyline going.
Speaker 4: And also yeah, for sure, yeah yeah old, but we're yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So everyone wants to know your credit, that special guest star that you did kept the whole time.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, Yeah, tell us because our manager, because I would be in the middle of because it was alphabetical, and it says that on the in the beginning says yeah, and she said, no, keep her that way because it.
Speaker 3: Keeps her special, right, very special. Doug was noticing the credits the other day. He's like, normally being a savant. He's, you know, way.
Speaker 6: Far down the list, but there's uh Shoe and Courtney Thorne.
Speaker 3: Smith and definitely.
Speaker 1: Like she did you see that?
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 3: To go?
Speaker 5: And right there you I knows it.
Speaker 6: Come after like he's not used to being, you know, in the middle of when there's all these like later alfa, yeah.
Speaker 2: T's and z's and well there's like three s's.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, he was noticing a lot of it should have been just in the alphabetics anyway, almost.
Speaker 6: Almost except for Josie Ye, damn, damn, Josie Thomas.
Speaker 3: We had Thomas in here. That was so fun. It's our alphabet test. Well, you're trying to think of the credits. Basically hate this question. I know if you guys do when someone's you have any favorite memories? Because it was so.
Speaker 1: Long show, can you make some up for our show?
Speaker 4: Let me think, I mean, what I remember most is like clearing the desk to put grant on it.
Speaker 3: Or that sounds like a memory.
Speaker 4: Well, Billy was always in bed, it seems, or Thomas Thomas, Okay, did.
Speaker 1: You have Mero's place? Boyfriend? Not? Really was there? So the most fun with well, stupid Jack. He was because he's he's it's.
Speaker 3: Him because he's like.
Speaker 1: Such a I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean your work with Jack, I wand two movies with him. Yeah, yeah, I had a lot of stuff with him too.
Speaker 4: You can never be serious, you can't try and concentrate because he'll he's just he's annoying.
Speaker 1: He's like your robber. Did you stay? You stayed all seven seasons? There were only seven seasons. There were only seven seasons ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like twelve.
Speaker 4: The first one was like so it felt like more like it was a decade each like the first.
Speaker 3: And they were so long. We did thirty two years.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we like double like ten or yeah, that's yeah. We did so many?
Speaker 1: How crazy? How many episodes? And too? Yeah? Now because they do six. Yeah, I'm tired, I believe if that's why I was crying when we got her pick up, right.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well it's really the streamers that want to do I'm sure actors and crew members they want to work longer than six. But these stupid streamers whatever they algorithm have figured out, but rhyme and I'm like.
Speaker 1: How does Nicole Kidman get fifty you know shows a year?
Speaker 3: I know because they're all eight episodes, right.
Speaker 6: I don't think writers want to write thirty two anymore in a season. That's a lot of pressure. Well, they want to write more than eight though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to write somewhere between the real job. Yeah, it would be good, Yeah, would be nice.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that it's like just to have the flow like they're writing a book. Yeah, like that would be fun, I would imagine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But we were so much younger, Like I was looking at how hard we were working. I don't know if you remember. So in the Lakehouse scene, do you remember that we were working till two in the morning. It was crazy late and you and Andrew had the scene where you're spraying the champagne. Oh does that sound familiar? And it's it's the middle of the nights, one or two in the morning, and they go wrap check the gate and they check the gate, and when they hadn't put the film in. Do you remember that, Oh my god, we had to start dry everybody off, blow dry the hair.
Speaker 1: Did we do the whole thing again? We had to do the whole that night again, that night.
Speaker 5: In the morning photographer, it was the camera assistant. It was heartbreaking because we loved him, and he didn't come back the next season.
Speaker 1: It was heartbreaking. It was I think, I think that's cruel.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but you know, people make mistakes, but it was such an expensive mistake because everybody had to stay overtime.
Speaker 1: Wow, because that was a long day.
Speaker 5: We started with the waterskin on Lake a steak in the hail, lovely when Billy says, let's go water skiing and you say, he just wants to see us in our wet suits, Like, wetsuits are so sexy.
Speaker 1: You guys, get right now make him sexy, mister.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So do you have any storylines that you remember just overall in the show, like, oh my gosh, that spectacular storyline or that was really fun.
Speaker 1: Or even I'm not in them and you're not in them.
Speaker 3: You're not in the ones that you like.
Speaker 4: No, I love the one with Marcia Oh oh yeah, just her whole storyline and head thing. I was, you know, because we were doing so much that I could not follow everyone's storyline.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't have time to watch it.
Speaker 1: I go and really read it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so when I read and also Kristen, I think, wasn't that when her head hit the side of the pool pool. Yeah, just hearing that noise was I it was shocking.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't they used is anyone?
Speaker 1: Was anyone in there that was so you were the only one that was there by that.
Speaker 3: I think that was season six something.
Speaker 4: It was later in the seas for this like a Yeah, I wonder what they used.
Speaker 1: No, I think we were there. I remember that season.
Speaker 5: I remember that it wasn't fixed or anything. I don't know if it was because she wasn't there that long. It doesn't seem there were so many hundreds of right.
Speaker 6: There so many hundred and there was there was a time where the like some cast members were leaving and new cast members were coming.
Speaker 4: Why I left after five same so basically ten and you did too. I loved no it felt like because it felt like right.
Speaker 3: So I just had a.
Speaker 1: Very funny memory of you. So you and I.
Speaker 5: Allison was blind because I refused to leave my apartment because I was having a cocktail when they were blowing up and was blowing up the apartments having a cocktail, so I didn't want to leave and it blew up and I was blind and I had to play blind.
Speaker 3: I had this big.
Speaker 5: And then and I had an office scene, and we got hysterical talking about that. My other senses were heightened, so I kept off camera rubbing up against furniture when we were off camera lines you remember that, we just got hysterical because you're rubbing.
Speaker 3: I was rubbing up against Well, that's the thing about Heather.
Speaker 6: Heathern loves to laugh and she loves to make other people laugh, and so she's got this character like in Later where you're like always being the boss and whatever, but that's not what's going on, Like you're trying to mess people up and make them laugh. And then you're like, but I think that's why it works so well, because I think of like a mean person playing a mean person, it's too much, But because you're so lovely and kind that it.
Speaker 5: Works that that's underneath everything you play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it was.
Speaker 5: So funny because literally you're laughing, laughing in action and I will kill you and then and then.
Speaker 1: Do you remember, was it hard to be mean like that for all those that you're not? I just I mean it was more fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it just felt fake a little bit because it was just so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is wrong with her? Right?
Speaker 3: Who does that?
Speaker 1: Who does that? And then I go, oh, I met some people. That's just awkward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it was really awkward for me to watch yesterday is the man posing?
Speaker 3: Oh that was and he.
Speaker 1: Was the lovely guy.
Speaker 4: That was awkward, and it was awkward between both of you and him.
Speaker 3: And it was awkward for me and Joe had to really be into it.
Speaker 2: Like the whole photo shoot was like them having.
Speaker 1: Done this.
Speaker 2: I'm like down here shooting up and I'm I can't believe I'm looking at it again and he's like a lispeedo he's.
Speaker 5: Pulling this, and oh, we're talking about how often this would be harder to be a guest star. We talked about that often I meant to come in as a guest star and be in your underwear and he committed.
Speaker 7: But like, yeah, he was fantastic.
Speaker 6: It's just so funny that, like thirty years later, we're watching it going, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like an old man.
Speaker 3: So funny.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wonder if everyone else feels the same. Watch have you ever done a.
Speaker 2: Scene with with a guy who has a who's topless in it?
Speaker 3: So one of our co stars on all this and they're doing push ups beforehand to get pumped up.
Speaker 5: Yes, they will except our guys who were so genetically gifted eating donuts before the scenes. By the way, you did too, And I remember you came on and you have this amazing, adorable figure and I was like, I'm just gonna do whatever she does. And we all went to lunch at Marie Callender's and you murdered a burger and fries and you're tucking the burger the fries into the burger, and well.
Speaker 1: Heather does it. I did it a couple of days. I'm like, oh, yeah, I don't have that metabolism.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing.
Speaker 5: It to.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was Are you still a burger rarely?
Speaker 5: But you know what I noticed after you didn't finish it. So I gobbled down my entire thing. And then I'm like, look at me.
Speaker 1: She leaves something on the plate. I hadn't even occurred to me.
Speaker 3: Lad did.
Speaker 4: I never did burgers that would really make Jack very upset.
Speaker 1: Tuna and a caesar salad. Yeah, yeah. Do you remember they claim they don't remember.
Speaker 5: Do you remember about ten thirty am, they'd bring out a trough of tuna.
Speaker 1: Do you not remember that?
Speaker 5: And everybody on set, including our makeup artists, we eat it and then come up to touch you up and.
Speaker 1: Go oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oh my god. You remember alid with onion. It's like the entire sound. I remember the whole and it was ten in the morning. It was too early. That was That was a lot.
Speaker 2: Were you into those the snacks that they would bring around the trays?
Speaker 3: Because I never I would be like, well, yeah, it was always that you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know the guys and the crew, and Heather apparently like being hot more wrapped in foil or whatever kind of.
Speaker 4: Would When I was doing T. J. Hooker every morning, I would order a hot dog every morning. Oh my breakfast and champions I like, I don't like breakfast so much. I like lunch or dinner for breakfast. Really yeah, yeah, wow, your breakfast hot dog.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: It's not a sausage, no, a hot dog in a bun. Yes, with mustard and ketchup and ketchup. Oh wow, that's very controversial. Easy to hear Heather has ketchup on a hot dog?
Speaker 1: What about clash?
Speaker 3: Doesn't people do relish?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I think in New York you're not supposed to. You're supposed to do it's supposed to he's very serious.
Speaker 1: For a year and I didn't know you can you know? Ordering and they delivered it.
Speaker 4: I was so excited, and we'd order ten because they're really mushy and the fun gets kind of moistish.
Speaker 1: What is it called dirty water dog? Wait right, I've never heard what is that dirty? And they're hot, they're hearty water the hot, dirty hot.
Speaker 3: That's a great nickname for I don't know why.
Speaker 1: That's a good name. Hot dogs stand dirty water dogs.
Speaker 3: That's a funny, says I've ever had a dirty water dog, Heather. Well, are they good?
Speaker 1: I bet you have? Okay, So that.
Speaker 6: Note, do you remember did you have any say or did you wish you had any say on like storylines or where Amanda was going?
Speaker 3: Like nothing, Like, I.
Speaker 5: Don't remember you ever arguing with them about anything, and do.
Speaker 1: Your job and go home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really made it hard for the rest of us to complain because you know, number one on the call sheet. They set the tone, and you were so easy. It would make all of us look terrible. But you never ever, ever complained. Grant would come into my room and complain.
Speaker 2: Really, no kidding, So weird, that's weird.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 2: That Grant would come and complain all right, and he did Chip sit here and go, boy that grand.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to tell him and I'm not.
Speaker 4: I want to keep my job, yeah, he would say. And then he would tell him and I don't know would he switched?
Speaker 3: He say, would you want to like involve you in it or just vent?
Speaker 1: He vented a lot?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he did, well, he was He was clear when he was here, like he wished he hadn't taken himself so seriously.
Speaker 3: That was the first thing he said, is like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what the doctor Okay.
Speaker 4: So Thomas would come in and us, Oh, you're like a soap person.
Speaker 1: Put me down. I go, now you are?
Speaker 3: Now you are?
Speaker 1: What do you think you're on?
Speaker 3: You're number six on the buddy.
Speaker 1: Thomas and the second one, right, Thomas was on it too, wasn't he? Or is it just you?
Speaker 3: And on which on the Yes? No, I was was it?
Speaker 1: Yea?
Speaker 3: Was Thomas too? Yeah? Thomas just did a few yea yeah was he there? Yeah? Maybe? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: And now you're on your set, I said, I did. I was like, yeah, what are you on right now?
Speaker 3: Son?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to insult me?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: You can't Okay, oh, this is too much, just too much, This is amazing.
Speaker 3: We have to save some of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Heather, hold that thought.
Speaker 5: We're gonna come back and move on to the next episode, but we can't wait to hear more, and we know we will because you.
Speaker 3: Haven't really seen more with heaving likelier, I'm still the place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.