Speaker 1: Hey, guys, this is Matt and I'm actually emotional because this is my last plug of the year for have you heard of Christmas the Tour? I am having my last few shows. I would love for you guys to come. I'm at the Castro Wednesday, December twentieth in San Francisco, at the Ace Hotel Thursday, December twenty first in La And on Saturday, December twenty third, I will be at the town Hall in New York City and then I will just disappear into a cloud of smoke, I promise you. But anyway, stream the album comes. See us on tour, and if you have already, I love you so much. It's been the joy of my life meeting you, guys. I love you. Okay, here's lost culturistas. Look Mayer, Oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture. Yes, yes, last culture ja da last culture restas calling. Wait. I have a question for you. Did you end up going to Madonna?
Speaker 2: I am going to apologize profusely to the PA people, well, first and foremost to Madonna for not going yeah, but also to the lovely people at the Barclay Center. Look, the lovely people at H and m who were going to generously put me up in their finest silks to go and attend the conference, to go in their little bucks. But you know what, I'm gonna throw my other SNL girlies under the bus. They invited some of us. We all were like, we're so at zero, Like it was not gonna be the right vibe.
Speaker 1: I think it's just fine. Also, you know she didn't end up going on for so right, Like she makes you wait because bit she's Madonna, et cetera. It's been said before, will be said again. I'm sure she'll say it. Bitch, I'm Madonna. You're gonna wait for me, and you guys can't be waiting up. You gotta get your beauty wrestlers.
Speaker 2: No Madonna is on Lauren Hill time in terms of live performance or I'm sorry to miss Lauren Hill, and we cannot rush these people.
Speaker 1: They deserve the time.
Speaker 2: But it's not gonna work with my current spirit and this time, this time. This is not a complaint.
Speaker 1: I'm being very.
Speaker 2: Sensitive about this. I'm not complaining that my life is any harder than anyone else's. I just think it was not going to work for Madonna Celebration Tour which it looks fabulous. It looks like everyone's having a great time.
Speaker 1: I've been paying my respects because I know I'm not gonna be able to go either. Can I tell you what song goes so hard? Tell me absolutely? And someone said on someone said on Twitter, like, if Madonna's going to do one thing, it's perform like she is out here. Were you going to say no? I wasn't. I was gonna say gang bang off. M DNA, Oh my, such a shocking name. I do love m DNA. M DNA kind of got m DNA goes in very hard. I love give me all your love. I just love the whole like, ol you the Madonna, Madona? Why oh you you? It's so funny. I mean, I we love MDNA. We've never said anything otherwise. I just it feels like sacrilege that this my year of going to and celebrating all the divas, all the icons to miss Madonna. And a couple of weeks ago, a bunch of my friends went to LA for Krishiker's birthday and they saw Kylie Minogue in what looks to be such a stunning room minutes. But I did see Kylie at World Pride, so I actually checked my Kylie box before this year it was even domin But isn't that unbelievable? And I have a feeling this might be our last episode of the year, so this can very much be wrap up because I just don't think we're going to do one for the last week, So this might be the last last Coach of the year.
Speaker 2: That's okay, let's make it recap episode.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go. It's unbelievable that that was this year that I was in Sydney, Australia, this year vomiting in ubers because of a mixture of alcohol abuse and mourning and grief and vomiting all over myself, and then finding myself at the Kylie Minogue concert a different day. I didn't go to the Kylie Minogue concert covered in vomit, but going to see her at well probably pre Padam that was this year. That was where I was. Oh my god, that was three padumb Oh. I have to say. One of the things that we have to always remember is that Paddam Padam was not just always here.
Speaker 2: No, it feels like an eternal song, an eternal sort of missive from the ancients.
Speaker 1: Oh one hundred percent. This is something that actually was born in the early summer and allowed it to be sung of the Summer and the winner of Record of the Year at the Lost Culture is those Culture Awards a fate that a lot of people didn't see coming for it, but we knew from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Well, we were so lucky to have her perform at the show, even though she looked suspiciously like Patty Harrison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do we reveal at this time that it was Patty the whole time was finally pulled back the curtain on that.
Speaker 2: Let's take a second and just appreciate Patty Harrison's year before we get into ours. Yeah, let's talk about Patty Harrison.
Speaker 1: That girl, I think she has a futures. She's got big things coming. And by big things coming, I mean the big things on her chest. Oh my god, her titties. She's got big fake tits that are infected and she does a show about it. Me seeing her do that show in Edinburgh was this year? So many divas, let's talk about your year. I just want to rattle off.
Speaker 2: Of the things that you've been through, Okay, not been through, but that you've gotten to experience.
Speaker 1: Now, let's do it. Let's get it, let's get it holistically going well, okay, I just holistic episode.
Speaker 2: Before we get holistic, I just want to put out there. I just want to put Clay on the table. Okay, my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 1: You're always Clay.
Speaker 2: Sydney World, Pride, Edinburgh Fringe, Lost Culture, Sis Culture Awards. These are the things that we've just talked about. My gosh, multiple shows, multiple performances. Have you heard of Christmas? The album, the music videos, the visualizers Rockefella Senna and Rockefella Senna. Yeah, we went there at Kelly Clarkson show. Included in the multiple shows. A wonderful sort of traveling to London, to Amsterdam, to so much, all of these things. I think you've had a really eventful, textured, let's just say textured year, can I I'm going to be one hundred percent real Okay?
Speaker 1: This year? Right, it couldn't have started worse. I think I spent the whole first half of it like not myself. I think I was grieving and mourning a relationship that ended for maybe what I would call but my therapist would say to stop being hard on myself. But a disproportionate amount of time, like truly difficult, and then to the Christmas of it all, which really took.
Speaker 2: Up the last half of the year, literally the second half of the year July to to somebody, yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And it's been one of the most interesting years of my life because it has been like truly every emotion. Like I was looking back on it and I was thinking, wow, I really always thought this was like one of the worst years of my life. I was like really struggling, like emotionally. Looking back on it, I think it was an important year because I did learn a lot. And I think that like even those periods of like really doing bad, because I was really doing bad. I mean, like me going to all those concerts and traveling that much was entirely a cover for me just not wanting to sit with myself because I was too fucking depressed. I was just getting stoned every single day, sitting in my apartment eating bad. I don't think I've ever ate worse in a single year than this year. It was horrible. And then I like put my whole energy into this Christmas thing, which usually every year if I am having a tough one saves me and brings me out and this year. It's been really interesting because I feel like I hit like the maximum on this bit, which is the Christmas Project, because literally when I started it in twenty seventeen, I thought, oh, the thing that's funny about it is Christmas ubiquity. Like that to me is what's the funniest thing about it. That's the whole bit is like you can become ubiquitous during Christmas if you just nail it during the Christmas season, And so then all these years later, the reality is you are Christmas ubiquity to say yes to every single opportunity. And I am so tired. I'm having the best time of my life, but I am so tired. It is so weird the way that the Internet of it all just riding that wave too, just like the interesting things that happen on the Internet when you put yourself out there this much for this project has been so interesting, So as a meta project in a way, I feel very proud and happy to have landed the and stuck the bit, and like the album did great, and I fucking love meeting everyone at the shows and being on the road and performing the material that I still like performing. But I am fucking exhausted, and ultimately I will leave the year having been like you know what, I got through it. It was an emotionally really difficult time. Professionally it was an incredible time, and there's positive and negative things about both that I didn't realize before. So it was a fucking growing year. Absolutely, and next year, if I have resolutions, it's be better with money, way less internet, like the Twitter's going kiss goodbye to our Twitter.
Speaker 2: Can we announce here once and for all this has been months in the making. We're taking down our Twitter.
Speaker 1: And we are it is no longer mentally healthy.
Speaker 2: I am still keeping my porn alt unfortunately, and by porn at, I need to do it. I'm not posting anything. It's just I'm aggregating the porn girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so way better with money spending, way less Internet, and overall just like more balance, less extremes, less going everywhere and doing every fucking thing because I can't fucking handle myself, and even professionally like no longer saying yes to everything, just because I feel like if I take a break one day that the album will flop or like it's all on me. I just push myself so fucking hard and then just because you show up and have a positive energy and like work really fucking hard, like that doesn't always mean, like operating in this kind of environment of like the internet and like the press thing, et cetera, that it's always gonna be positive. And so just tons of lessons learned and then a bunch of personal things too, Like red flags are red flags. You know, it's nice to take your time, but that's for me. That's what I think I would say, girl, you have grown like a giant stock to the sky. I got twenty two tattooed on my arm because twenty twenty two was like a year where I really like felt like everything I did paid off and it reminded me to take risks. But I probably should have that fucking number twenty three tattooed on my arm because it was actually more important. I think it was a more of a test. It was less constant high. There were a lot more lows and sustained lows, but ultimately like a triumphant good year where I learned things and at least have a plan going forward. Yes, about like the way I can make my life better doing the things that we do.
Speaker 2: You might have to get an arm extension surgery, because you might keep getting those years that tattooed on you are going to learn every year.
Speaker 1: It's just like, wow, this was another year tattooed on my body, to the point where I'm the most tattooed woman in America. And it's just numbers. I'm like Adele, but with my own body and dumber. That's a sleigh. I think that's a huge sleigh. Now, go on, girl, I want to hear about my girls. Roses, thorns, peaks, valleys, the summery. The recap of Bowen Yang's twenty twenty fucking three.
Speaker 2: Well, I think mine started really harrowingly too. I think January tewond I was on a plane to go to London and thus began my like yo yoing between two I was gonna say time zones, but really two nations. And then after a while it not becoming so good for my physical and mental state, and that, on top of working what's already a pretty demanding job emotionally, mentally, physically, was a wonderful illustration of my limits as a person, and I think that is actually quite beautiful to know about yourself. I think I took time this year as everyone knows to like really gather myself because it got bad. I think I had one of the lowest lows of my life just on on an awareness level. And the big takeaway from that was not only like personal things and self knowledge, but I was just like, oh, the people who matter a lot of who are the listeners of this podcast, can understand where I'm coming from, and they will. There were many moments this year where like rpkfs were like very they got it, you know, they got it, and they got it when we were comfortable or not comfortable with something, they respected it completely and that is extremely rare and we are so thankful and it just speaks to how how thoughtful.
Speaker 1: Everyone is and we really appreciate that. They're the best. They're the best. And I will say again, I fucking love meeting you guys, because you're all gorgeous. Like literally, I'm obsessed with the people that listen to our podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, like sleigh legends, you guys are great, but keep going. That's basically it. It was just a lot of ping ponging that was like the main thing for the first half, and then with the strikes that was really tough but also necessary and it was nice to sort of feel some sort of community with other writers, other actors.
Speaker 1: I think you and I also got.
Speaker 2: To educate ourselves on how this whole business works in nice ways, in ways that like are illuminating but also troubling. And I am loving the ankler. If anyone wants any sort of insight into the entertainment industry, it's.
Speaker 1: A good substack. This is my your substacks, honestly.
Speaker 2: And then ooh gosh, and then going right back into work was a really abrupt shift, but one that I think we were all grateful to do or to sort of go through. And we did eight shows in ten weeks at SNL, which is a lot. Normally we get those spaced out of it or we have some more padding in between runs, and I think we all.
Speaker 1: Met that challenge well.
Speaker 2: And I'm really proud of everybody who works with the show cast, writer's crew, And there's a real sense of community, not community, of just like siblinghood, Like I think everyone the vibes are really good there right now, and that is a collective sort of mindset that we all are putting aside ego as much as possible, even though it's extremely difficult at that job. Everyone is supportive. It's been really nice. I love seeing everybody shine. We've got a good bunch of people, And I think on a cast level, I kind of am really into the fact that SNL is having this like ensemble era to quote join Bay Harfred Armison is Joy Bahars, So what who cares? It's like, I don't think a show like Guess and No necessarily needs like an identifiable star, Like it was amazing to have Kate back, and like, I love and miss the Kate Cecily eighty era where you had like these like people that like really drove and led the show. I kind of like that we're all sharing the wealth of it.
Speaker 1: I honestly do. Yeah, I will say like you have seemed in this because you just said, like it's been a lot of shows in a short amount of time and going right back in et cetera. I think that what makes me so happy is you seem the happiest there that you've ever been. That's true, I can feel that from you. And I also think that you have been absolutely fucking crushing it too, and it feels like you're excited creatively and professionally, and maybe that is because the ensemble feels right or the vibes feel right. But you've been so good obviously on the show and it seems like personally like and I'm just like so happy to see it because I know how bad some segments of the year were.
Speaker 2: I felt bad in the past, and like that's not to say that, Like, I mean, the winter is always tough, just emotionally, vibes wise, we're all just like depressed from the cold and whatever. But yeah, I have really settled into something nice. I'm very lucky there. I think I'm heard there. I think people there is a level of care and thought for me. It's not been easy. It's been as challenging of a year as any. I just really each and every person there at the show right now, I really appreciate and enjoy and they're all very good at.
Speaker 1: What they do. Like every body, everybody. That's great. Yeah, you know what, did Becka say A certified fave of my dad? I mean Bowen, mister Ramos. Let us not go without saying that there was an abb A Christmas sketch that started Bowen Yang my root off, Kristen wigg and Kate McKinnon. Okay, like I mean, let me just pump my chest off for a second. His ensemble tok aside, which I do believe and do agree with the truth, there's still there, still was a little bit of a quartet happening in that at a Christmas sketch, And I said, my girl, and by the way, the transformative makeup, and you really do rock a mustache. I said, I need to do a project with Bowen Yang where you are a mustache top girl. I wish my follicles could reduce the mustache. It looks incredible on me. It belongs on your face the way its on you. Naturally produced this. No, I can't naturally make my own, but you know what you can naturally produce, joy girl, And I'm looking at the joy factory right now. You are the joy King. I've been so up and down. I've been so up and down. This has been the most It's been the weirdest, weirdest year.
Speaker 2: It's been a weird year. I have no expectations for the next one.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but as a unit of time, as an arbitrary unit of time, I am very just in awe of like, oh God, we're at that place now, obviously all of us where we're like, oh gosh, that was this year, Like I think that's a very and look, it's tough, like bad things are happening in the world, worse things might.
Speaker 1: Come, horrors, horrors, horror, horrors all around. But at least we have at least we have each other, and at least George Santos has finally wished for you to have you got status. I can't say that I watched that and felt good about it. Okay, let's talk about the ZA interview with George Santos, because it is culture. When I heard that she was going to do it, like, I had a group chat going and a lot of people were like, oh, we really wish she would do this. Why are you platforming him? Like I don't want to see him, et cetera. And I was like, look, she's got one fucking job, Zeeways. One job is to be a comedian, and what that should mean is fucking dragging people like this into the clown square and saying tomato to me, Tomato, tomato and pointing at the fool. And I think she did that. I think she did too. Look, I mean like it was entertaining. Do I think it's a shame that you cannot humiliate him, like you cannot actually expose ignorance in him, which is when I think ze Way's song is song Zeeway's song. I mean, she is a pops But it's when when I think zee Way's show is most successful and effective is when it feels like someone because of their own ego, who couldn't help but grab the spotlight. Something about their ignorance is exposed about them, about like their blind spot or something evil about them or something that's like, you know, incredibly ignorant that they think. And I feel like you can't do that with him, like I do kind of think like when she asked, like what can we do to make you go away? And he said stop inviting me places, but you can't. I was kind of like, I mean he's got her there, Like what at that point?
Speaker 2: I think like she is operating outside of a traditional sort of like she's putting this on like zon n and her YouTube channel, like she is no.
Speaker 1: Laws doing drag journalist drag.
Speaker 2: No, She's doing journalist dragon Like look like Showtime was flop enough to cancel her show. I'm sorry to call Showtime a flop, but you know in this case, in another cases you could say that I'm sure like the people at Viacom will survive with me calling them this.
Speaker 1: But it's fine.
Speaker 2: I think she still succeeded in what she does best, which is whether or not he feels humiliation. It's still some kind of like Ember's new Clothes thing, where like she can make you look foolish and like even the whole like the whole Marsha P. Johnson James Balden thing, not knowing who those people are, like that's of course he doesn't know who they are. Of course he doesn't know who they are. But it's like the rest of it is also just like us understanding on a slightly deeper level that he is like just kind of ridiculous person. And then I like, in the beginning, like I think she did the responsible thing in the beginning by being like, no congressmen were paid in the making of this video, even though Georgie Santos asked three times, three times, that is ze way, that's the way, that's the way, and that's and I think that is successfully embarrassing George even though we don't see him feel it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe in that totality of it, it's like a little embarrassing. I don't think it is, though, And that's the thing is, it's just like, look, like I said, it's her job to point to the world and be like, this is fucked up. This is like that's that's a comedians. That should be our job, and like pointing out something about like our society that's like, hey, look over here, like this is unusual or suspect for some reason. And obviously, like we all already knew that about him. So that's where I guess it falls a little short. There's nothing to be revealed. But I did have fun watching it. Do I think it's good for the world that we have him on tape doing the Nicki monster verse. I don't really know, you know what I mean, But I fucking think that she is a fucking original. She's the only one that could have died weird had she not said, like George Standels, you'd be an iconic guest and then he said, okay, let's do it. So no, of course, yeah exactly. And I think she also looked fucking sensationally. She looked amazing, And I do think, like I get that it's polarizing, and some people are like, how could you do this? And other people were like slay mama, And I think it's absolutely firmly somewhere in the middle where it's just like, no, I don't think there's anything particularly grand slam about this, but like it was entertaining, it was you know whatever that means. But also like the fact that he's platformed is not her problem, it's our problem. We platform people like this all the time, end mess. He's not even close to being the worst person in government, Like think about like everyone, I mean, like we platform these people. This is the hell that we live in. We are dancing in hell right now. Yes, And it's like the fact that she had him on her show, that's just like the reality of our world. Be mad at that, right right right.
Speaker 2: The thing that set it into motion was him getting elected, even though it was reported on later that he was this grifter. I mean, any feeling of ooh, this isn't the best is solely his fault and it doesn't reflect on ze way at all.
Speaker 1: It reflects on us as a society, Like this is what the world is on fire and we refuse to put it out and until we put it out. This is just what it is. Like, this is the famous political figure right now. It's not ze Way's fault, it's not entertainment's fault. It's the fucking reality of the world. This person was elected to Congress and we're living in a post Trump world. Like you know what I mean. It's this isn't a new thing like platforming criminals who are also in government. This goes back people like I understand, Like you know, you might think that like the way we put out that fire is for z Way to not platform this person, but this person has been legitimized by the fucking populace. Yeah, it just is what it is. He's not just gonna go away. He was elected to Congress. Fix that. Yeah, do something about that if you're upset, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Congress, I am so curious about the way the congressional twang slash top. The gay sex situation is kind of still feeling like a niche story at this point. It's like not really getting a lot of pick up outside of like gay Twitter, gay social media. I'm not seeing it covered.
Speaker 1: Am I crazy? I can't tell anymore? You know? That's what's weird about like the way that I'm getting information lately. I can't tell if this is a big story or if this is a gay thing. I really can't. I was with Jared and our friend Steven Sombari on Saturday.
Speaker 2: They came to the show and like, so Saturday morning we all wake up to like the video and Okay, see Hans doesn't even know what we're talking about. Really, wow, this is so interesting. Okay, So basically I'm gonna do a terrible job of something this uff. But there was a video that leaked from a close friends story of someone in DC. The person filming it was someone some like German lobbyist or something I guess, like someone who basically had anal sex with a congressional aid of someone from Maryland. I'm not sure his name, but a Democrat from Maryland. They filmed themselves having anal sex in the congressional hearing room, just railing and the dick was huge.
Speaker 1: The tops dick was absolutely huge. Could you did you see it? Because I saw it. I did.
Speaker 2: That's an important that's an important detail.
Speaker 1: The story absolutely like it's not even like there was anal gay anal sex happening in the congressional room or whatever the fuck it was. It was there was Olympic level bottoming happening where Amy klobushar sits, like where Amy klob sits. This twink was taking a huge cock and then posted it on close friends, where you can't trust anyone. Are you crazy? You think you can trust gay people? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is, we thought we could trust gay people on close friends.
Speaker 1: No, and bo and I will say sometimes there are certain people on Instagram who post things on close friends and I'm like, are you insane? How can you ever think you can trust gay people? You're close friends. I guarantee if you're a gay person, you have a list of close friends. It's this. It's a few of your actual close friends, including one girl, which god bless every straight woman on a gay man's close friends, they don't understand everyone you've ever seen that you've ever wanted to fuck, And then a couple celebrities maybe just in case. Yeah, that's what everyone's close friends is, gay close friends. Yeah, gay close friends. You think you can trust these gay guys? I don't think so, Honey. You can't trust these gay guys. It's rule of culture number eight.
Speaker 2: You can't trust these gay guys. So in this close friends, it's the top taking a picture of this twink's hole with this writing in this very room. Sonya Sodamayora had her confirmation hearing James Comy testified on Russian interference in the twenty sixteen elections. Aiden got some thick German sausage and a yea hicker sauce finish period. So that is what happened. I think it is too shocking for mainstream media. That's what me and Jared were talking about, Like, it's like, how do you even even begin because of course I'm getting tagged on Saturday, like Bow and Yang? Are you prepared to play like the Congressional twin?
Speaker 1: Oh my. I wanted to be like, how do you think we're gonna tell us to cover this one?
Speaker 2: I'm so curious. I honestly am open to pitches. This is the only time in my career that I've ever been open to SNL sketch pitches every other moment of my life after this week moratorium period, for the rest of my life, I think it.
Speaker 1: Should be a meta sketch. You guys are in the writer's room literally discussing how exactly. You get this across. Fine, that's what it is. It's a meta sketch where you and and one of the big one of the biggest things is they keep looking at you to explain that's really funny.
Speaker 2: Before we keep going, I just want to say, on behalf of everyone who works at SNL, we should not listen to your joke pitches because it becomes a huge legal issue if your idea, by some off chance, is something that we end up using.
Speaker 1: Okay, so forget, I said that. Forget, just forgot to say I forget, So please rescin that iver attracted my statements. I retract my pitches. But okay, but isn't this so interesting?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Like I think, not a lot of people off the internet, like our parents, I think, are never going to hear about this. You know what I'm gonna do? Actually, literally right now, I'm going to text my mother and see if she knows what this is. Promise you she won't, I promise you. So how do I even say this? Okay, Mom? Do you? I'm gonna text them both actually because my dad does watch a lot of news, so he will tell me. I'm saying, guys, what do you know about the gay guy having sex. I can't call him senate as you set up bottom or set at top the congress twink? Do you know about the congress twink? Ask them about ask them that I'm saying, do you guys know about the Congressional aid. I'm going to be proper and just because so they can fill it in, because if I say that, then it's gonna be like, guys, what do you know about the Congressional aid having sex in the congressional hearing room? Hey guys, this is Matt from the Future. I just wanted to update you on how my parents did eventually respond, because it wasn't until after we recorded the episode. My mother did not know, and my father said they hadn't been watching television that day. I said, no, this is days old, and I explained to them what happened. My mother emphasized the text and said the word geez okay, that's all Hans is saying.
Speaker 2: I typed in NY Times gay Sex Congress and the first hit is seven links down and it's from Politico. Like I think there is some seo witchcraft and wizardry along with the media. Not to get too tinfoil hat, but it's like Senate staffer who film public sex and Congress leaves Ben Cardon, Yeah, Ben Cardon, But this is what I'm saying, Like there's this like concerted thing where I think people are like this is too crazy, Ikey, it's ikey, Like I don't think we should beam this into the TVs of every household in America.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe, I guess. Okay, So now I'm kind of like flipping around to is it even important? Is it even important that some gay guys are having sex not in the Senate hearing room? Like for me, it's just like, I don't know, our government is kind of fun to a war where thousands of innocent people are dying, and that to me is just like where the continued energy should be. And for me, it's just like the fact that these gay guys had sex in the room. It's like, you know, at least they're not Congress people. At least it's not like someone doing it in public like Lauren Bobert, you know what I mean. Like, to me, that's a story because she's like disrupting the piece and supposed to be like, you know, a figure of respect. These gay guys boned in the Senate hearing room. I would love it if it could be publicized on the news because I think we should play those gays in the feature film on HBO, Like I think they should really discard the George Santos movie. There's a much more interesting and fun.
Speaker 2: It is very interesting because you want the lead up to that moment. You want to know, like how they plan that it's.
Speaker 1: A heist movie. That's our sex scene together. Yeah, honestly, like if the ever is gonna be one, the sex scene that you and I do together is me. I think I play the top, the German top, and you play Congress bottom and I rail you in the Senate hearing room, and that is I think the only sex scene that we should ever do.
Speaker 2: And the movie is called Yager Sauce Finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that you're absolutely right that this should be the movie instead of the George Santos pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think we win Emmys. We tie for Emmys, right, Like it's like Fellow Travelers but us and the sex is more graphic and happens once. It's an absolute railing in the Setate hearing room and actually no one even remembers the names. Matt Boehmer and Jonathan Bailey anymore because of this, because of this film.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to say, like, maybe this whole thing is not important because at this point, I think everyone understands that, like institutionally, like maybe that means nothing anymore. Like it doesn't really mean anything to have sex in the halls of Congress because it's like, well, Congress is sort of whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, George Santos was prancing about in there, and Marjorie Taylor Green is still there, so like, yeah, let's have gay sex in it. Go off.
Speaker 2: I just want to challenge you on the Lauren Robert thing because I don't think it's shocking that Lauren Bobert was being like frisky and hands you heard jugs felt her, jugs felt off your chest.
Speaker 1: I think anyone having.
Speaker 2: Their drugs felt up would be like, we're treating them the same way between anybody having their drugs felt up. It just so happens at Sheesus Congressional figure. But yeah, what is sacred is like theater and so mm hmmm, frozen is.
Speaker 1: Is beetlejuice. I wish it was frozen. I wish it's so funny if it was frozen. I mean it's per and Mom is getting her fucking areola twitch twitch. She's saying, oh, that's a really good low and Bobert, Oh makes my nipple feel so good when you touch it, Daddy, Like, I think that touch it during the big song, touch my nipples during the big song, and I think that it was It's the fact that it was being done at a beautiful show. That's why people, Yeah, a beautiful show. I guess here's the thing, Like, should we take it as a personal insult as a community that they don't want to report on our love? You know what I mean? That's the way we make love sometimes. The way that we make love is we take a huge penis publicly. That's our love making. Like, yeah, you don't want to hear about it in the news. That sucks you, guys. That's the source of homophobia exactly. This is painted in the sun and airing room like like all of a sudden, it was like messy gay sex all over Klobushar's seat. Well, this is like an aspect of queer theory. I might get some flock for this, but I feel like, oh, here we go, we get into queer theory.
Speaker 2: Sodomy is that the butt sex is the reason why, like gay men are less accepted in society than lesbian women.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean it's not. No, I've always felt that and look, this is problematic, but I have always felt straight guys being like oh yeah lesbians haha great. It's because like that attraction to women is still seen through the straight male gage when as the second you start talking about like gay guys and the way that they fuck, and of course they walk around with a ton of privilege, like white gay men in this society walk around with the privilege. But when it comes to gay sex, that is what kicks it over into like it's homophobic. Incense for straight men to kill us is because they think that's disgusting and it shames them. And that's when it gets weird. And that's why it would never be reported on in this end mass way is because butt sex is poop is gross, and they don't think of it like all sex is gross, which it kind of is. It just appeals to our base instincts. They think about it like poop is gross, butt sex is gross. Gay men are gross. I don't want to hear about it, so it cast gay men aside. Now I have the instinct to go out and like murder them. That's what I think, lesbians thing. I don't know. I think if you can't at least understand what you're saying, then like you're being obtuse, you're being glibbed, Like you're not saying that like we are more accepted in society, like or we have it worse. You're saying, like there is a thing about gay sex, And I think this is true, there is a thing about gay sex that it is identified with being disgusting and therefore, like it puts us at the bottom of like a certain arena, Like it puts us to the bottom of respect in that regard, Like it's butt sex, it's gross, it's poop. Yeah, yeah, people think that. People think, and that's probably why you don't see like the way you'd see like Lauren Bobert engaging in sexual activity in the crowd at Beetlejuice. You do see that, Like on the major news, You're not gonna see grainy footage of this twink's ass in the air getting it in the butt on ABCNBC, box, CBS. You're just not CNN is not reporting on that. Anderson Cooper is not saying, next up, twink gets read right poop.
Speaker 2: And we're not saying this for replaceive at least, I don't think we're saying this replaceive internalized homophobia. I think it is just like so shocking. It's so shocking for a general news consuming public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just like it's not that I'm like, oh, gay people shouldn't be seen. It's just that like this like the angle, the angle, and the images out of that situation are like gay Twitter is going insane because we're like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, yeah, it's so crazy. But that's the world. I guess that's the thing is. It's just I was thinking about because I think Joel made the comparison to the Lewinsky scandal. He was like, you know, people be fucking in places they shouldn't have been in DC for a very long time. This is not like a gay thing.
Speaker 2: They're not the first, they're not the last people to fuck in that room.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. No, certainly not, especially if we keep putting the biggest clowns in America in Congress, you know what I mean. Like, and also not that it's clownery to have sex wherever, like at this point, I'm very burned down about the whole thing or who cares about the whole thing. And that's why I'm like, whenever anyone's like, how dare z weigh? It's like the reason why we feel I think, how dares z weigh? Or the reason why we have like this, you know, animosity towards each other on Twitter over this stupid shit is because we are so politically hopeless right now, like there's a nothing we can do. All we can do is spin our wheels online and say I'm really personally hurt that you don't like Tate McCrae. There's shit like that. Stand wars are able to go so hard because it's not like whenever we make noise about anything bigger or a bigger deal, like anything happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can scale your your outrage down to, like, how dare you not like Tate McCrae, even though we all know that that is a frivolous thing to care about exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like I think that sometimes, and something I've noticed over the past few years it feels like everyone's personal taste, like for example, with art, like on a grander scale. Rather, it's like if I say I didn't like something, or I have something to say about some piece of art or some you know, whatever artists, television show, et cetera. Despite the fact that, like, you know, there should be places to like, critique art, discuss things, whatever, it all becomes very personal and it's an identity we said this or where I read this. Yes, people associate identity with the things they like, and that's stand um and that's like stand culture, and that funnels into online which gets very ugly, et cetera. And someone said that that tends to happen during times when there is political lack of agency politically, like a feeling of hopelessness and helplessness politically, it tends to correlate to very intense discussion and discourse about things that are more artistic in nature or commercial in nature, because there's this feeling of, well, we can't actually have actionable change, but I can go online and like, say this thing about something I like, and say this negative thing about something you like, and I can contribute to discourse in this way, and it tends to be more intense when there's political hopelessness. That's just something I tend to agree with and I feel like is happening. Yeah, for sure, I feel like that sounds like a Guy Brandon quote. I mean maybe maybe he's the one that said it. Just assume anything. If you even thought that was an intelligent thing to say, just think it was Guy. It was it was Guy. It was Guy. Well, let's see what I mean. I actually speaking of Tate McCrae. I did listen to her album. I do think it all sounds the same. I appreciate that she's bringing back the dance break. I love to see the dance break come back to culture, but I don't know, I would love to see some of this energy online like behind someone like Chapel Roone. That's just what I would say, right. But I do like Tate McCray She dances. I like the album. I like Stay Done. She's an album called Stay Done.
Speaker 2: It's like the whole album itself is like I think a lot of people are like surprised at the sort of overall tone of it, which is not quite as dance poppy as maybe like the lead singles might have suggested that it is more like viby.
Speaker 1: Persivy, you know whatever. Yeah, everything has that sound of like taking place underwater. A little bit like it's that like production thing where it's just like ooh yeah, oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I just want to say lol at me being like the first person to ever think that Billie Eilish is amazing and iconic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she was unreal being in that room.
Speaker 2: I watched what was I made for both times once address and on air, just like watching or sing that song which will probably win her another Oscar.
Speaker 1: It's just like.
Speaker 2: Rightfully, there's no doubt, like no doubt rightfully, completely rightfully, but just watching her and she it was her idea to like have the cast in my Kristen and Kate, like send in footage of them, you know, from them when they were kids, and just so beautiful and her voice in that room, like just to hear her voice live is really sublime and really heavenly and.
Speaker 1: Like, God, she like invented this shit she invented she didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I think she like innovated on this thing that I think all the girls are doing now, and I feel like mileage varies depending on who tries to replicate it. Yeah, and I'm sure it's not their own. I'm sure like the label puts pressure on them to like do a Billie Eilish song.
Speaker 1: But like that just speaks to like.
Speaker 2: Her influence and her sort of vision as an artist to like stick to this thing that like was never a guaranteed success until it was, Like she is so And I finally listened to Happier than Ever all the way through for the first time in a long time, Like I think like when it came out of the album, the album was just listening to like spots here and there. But like god, that is a true artwork, along with like when we all fall asleepert a week, Like just her albums are so she is, Like thank god she is an album artist, because that's the thing that like could have died along with like so many other things in the music industry, Like album artists are still here to stay, Like I don't think that is a bygone format.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, first of all, just to speak on a song from Happier than Ever, I am an oxytocin stan Oh. Yeah, I absolutely love that song. Happier than Ever obviously is like one of the great amazing and I just yeah, and also like I appreciate more and more her aesthetic of that album, Like that's sort of like just we talked about it at the time, but her like sour Puss on the in those glamour looks with that blonde hair, and like, you know, I just I think that she's fucking incredible and that performance was amazing. That song is so fucking great. It is a perfect movie song, and it also makes that movie even better, Like it takes the Barbie movie to another level. It is an absolute slam dunk for an oscar. I think, like you know, time where like I guess this is a good year for the songs. Not really though, I mean it really just was that Barbie song that like really popped off. And then again we talked about that song from Wish like kind of not being anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think so, honey, it's winning in a walk. I don't think so, honey. Out Alpha the Alpha, not making it into the conversation for these damn awards that still don't know what's good for them.
Speaker 1: They don't know what's good for them.
Speaker 2: Out Alpha the Alpha, Megan thee Stallion. I mean, come on, that is a show stopper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it deserves to be in the conversation, I'll say it. But you know, those precursors are coming in and we're not seeing many. Have you seen any movies? Have you watched any screeners that have come through?
Speaker 2: This is finally my week to like really catch up, so I don't have to dive in me too sort of yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me neither. We will get into it at some point people in the new year. But while it's still this year, what do you say we get into some I don't think so, honey. Yes, I have one that I hope people understand. Are you saying you want to go first? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm just I'm just prefacing my But do you want to go first?
Speaker 1: You hope people understand that? Okay. I think I'm gonna make this very easy for people to understand. I think people are gonna agree with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is Matt Rogers's I don't think so, honey, and his time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. The Agatha Show changing its name literally every week. So Agatha Show, which is the spinoff of Wanda Vision, was originally going to be called I think Agatha. It was at one point Agatha Coven of Chaos. It was Agatha Dark Cold Diaries. It was originally something else, like I'm forgetting what it was, but now it's Agatha all along. And literally every time they announced the show, it's a different title. You guys, I don't think so, honey. Just call this Agatha Colin. Do you like this? Remember Agatha Colon, Catherine Hahn, Agatha Colin from WandaVision, Agatha call like this like alliteration, perade. What's happening? Just name it something and move the fuck on. I don't have tek any this thing of the show constantly having a different title. Just stop or just like stop announcing it like when it comes out, it'll come out. Do press for it the week five seconds, please God, Disney, get it together for once in your life. You are losing to Universal. And that's one minute. Ooh you heard it here first, and you're the authority on this, well, you know this is breaking news. Universal has bought over five hundred acres of land in Great Britain and they've trademarked the names Universal Studios Great Britain and Universal Great Britain because there was a rumor that Universal once Epic Universe is finished in Orlando. And yes, this is the place I go for my happy place when I am off on the road. I go do at Bio Reconstruct and I look at construction videos of the Epic Universe project in Orlando, and it is going to be unbelievable. The paint is on the buildings, a lot of everything is like testing, the rider testing. I'm telling you, if you're like me and have this like disorder where you are into theme parks construction, I don't know where my tribes and my community is. But this is love you engineering, honey. This is beautiful. I love it. It's what I've wanted to do since I was a little kid, and I just love watching everything go up in the landscaping and the architecture, and like, as you guys know, I'm a theme park person. So I've been really really watching this. And Universal is about to eat Disney Alive in Orlando. They really are, they really are. And now they're gonna have a huge, probably massive theme park complex in Great Britain in Bedford, which is about forty five minutes outside of London, and that is gonna be where they expand next. And it's gonna have all original rides. They're not gonna carbon copy anything from another park because they want it to be a destination in its own right, and they don't want to cannibalize the Orlando market amazing. So this I'm just saying, there's a lot going on in the theme park wars have only just begun. It's really the only air where these companies can for sure thing make money. So they're gonna be going in. I mean, Disney has said twenty billion is going into the theme parks over the next ten years, which is insane, like it's about to pop off. But going back to my original point, just to name it fucking Agatha, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Agatha Colan. You like this, Remember, I think Agatha Colan Catherine Hahn is actually the best title for it. People are gonna be seated.
Speaker 2: It's fine, just make it clear, make it easy, I mean, or just go Patty laponees in this.
Speaker 1: Right. It's just I forget what it was originally first called.
Speaker 2: Agatha Coven of Chaos. It was called Agatha Harkness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was I think it was originally called something it was a Coven of Chaos was definitely a thing, and then there was Dark Cold Diaries. Now it's Agatha all along, and I think it started out as something else, which makes it. The funniest version is that they're not even on the third one of this threw on the fourth.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's really while talking. I mean they're scrambling. They don't know what they're doing. I think like the Marvel's not being Mama's Sleigh was like the nail in the coffin.
Speaker 1: I'm on the Wikipedia. Okay, okay, yes, it was called Agatha House of Harkness. Then it was called Agatha Coven of Chaos, and then it was called Agatha Dark Cold Diaries, and now it's Agatha all along. So they're just going down the fucking alphabet picking things and I think it's so funny. But it has to stop. I'm telling you, like, just stop. It is embarrassing. It looks so so humiliating, just like thinking about like execs anywhere being like, hmm, should we announce another name?
Speaker 2: Like no, can I ask why the separate trademarks for Universal Studios Great Britain and Universal Grip just to like buy domain It's like when people buy domain names, And what.
Speaker 1: I would guess is that Universe Great Britain would be the name of the overall complex and Universal Studios Great Britain would be the name of the park. And why you'd have a different name of the park and of the complex is because if you wanted to add a second park, you then would name it something else. Yeah. Probably, I mean, I don't know if these trademarks have already been filed, but probably you'd see like, you know, some sort of Universal Great Britain city walk type thing. You'll soon start seeing trademarks for different hotels. That was how everyone knew the Universal Epic Universe project was happening. Is because you can pretty much figure out what they're planning to do by two things, name trademarks and land acquisition. So there was a massive land acquisition in Orlando, billions of dollars in Orlando and then also now in Great Britain, and it amounts to about five hundred and sixty acres. So when you have that and also a TRADEMARKT file for Great Britain, it pretty much leads to one thing. Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: Like people in the UK are very much like, oh yeah, like we went all the way to Florida because the kids wanted to go to Disney World and Universal yep, flying overseas for that stuff. It's like because Disneyland Paris is not all the way there. I think it's kind of it's plateau.
Speaker 1: It's very different. Yeah, it's very different from other Disney parks because in Universal Paris the culture is just very different. They're like, for example, you can drink wine in the Magic Kingdom. They're like, they're not really a theme park driven culture. And if you're going to Paris, like, I don't know that you're necessarily thinking and Disney World of course, like it's probably not the number one thing you're doing. Whereas Universal Great Britain, I think you're right, doesn't have a lot of competition, and if it does, it's out. And the thing that Universal has is the Harry Potter ip, which if you go to London is everywhere.
Speaker 2: But I also think Brits are secretly a theme park culture, like Britain is a theme park culture all of the you can well yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I think it's kind of a slam dunk. I just think because of the ip they have, because another ip that Universal I don't know if this is a fit show that they own it, but it's probably a thing is they probably have the Lord of the Rings ip. There's been rumors for a very long time that Universal was going to be the one to break open the Lord of the Rings IP into a full theme park situation, which I think is a slam dunk if it happens. And another thing I heard is that they were finally going to try to do theme park rights for Double O seven as well as Paddington. Oh, Paddington. They are not Universal properties, but those are acquisitions they could ye to add on to their IP already, which includes stuff that's like pretty international like Jurassic Park of course Nintendo. Now, I mean like they have the right IP, they just have to flesh it out so it doesn't repeat all over the world. Yes, yes, yes, of course. Wow, this is very educational and that's my theme park report. Thank you? Are you ready to I don't think so, honey, my darling, Yes, yes, okay, that's good. And remember he hopes that you guys understand this one. This is Bow and Yang's I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 2: As time starts now, I don't think so, honey. People gagging standing this whole clearfoy. I don't do blue thing like I don't understand what's cool about that or what's like aspirational or admirable. I feel like whatever reason this person has to not sign an autograph with the blue sharpie is probably a stupid one, probably one that doesn't make much sense. And if she explained it to you'd be like, well, that's weird. Like if I were to say I don't sign with a blue marker, that would mean I was a weird person, that I was a very weird person. And if that's who Clearfoy is, then that's wonderful. But I feel like it's I don't think it's like a cool thing to be like, this is a boundary I have no oh blue, I feel like that is. And I love I love any kind of deva behavior. I think this is something outside of that. I think this is just a weird idiosyncrasy that I will never understand.
Speaker 1: And that's one minute what I was told. Because I had the same reaction as you. Well, let's just say in terms of the reaction, that's just like I think gay Twitter being like, oh this woman did something unusual. Stand stand, stand, standstand, And that is how simpleistic it is. Not everything deserves that right. It's literally just like, oh my gosh, something happened stamp right, That's that's literally something happened with a woman mother, you know, like it's that's literally all that. Yeah, so that can be reduced to that, and it is that simple. What I was told is that the reason she doesn't sign in blue is because she was advised that if you sign in blue, your signature can be copied and put on doctors. Oh my god, I take it all back. So that's why she did that. And I actually was like, oh, that's actually really interesting because then she the black pen and just signed because I thought what would be weird enough reason? Is she just that weird? And because any interview I've ever seen with her, any interaction with anyone that I've seen, she seems perfectly normal. And I think it's because she is. And she was just told don't sign with blue ink because then they can use your signature to potentially steal from you. That's why, god, I got to google this. Yeah, I think it might be a thing because as iconic as it, I guess is for her to be throwing her head over her shoulder and saying I don't do blue, like maybe that can be put over like, you know, someone absolutely bombing in a blue dress on a red carpet and then a meme after being like, I don't do blue like I'm sure you will see that from gay people on Twitter and Instagram for sure, And I think it could be fun given the application, I legit think she had a reason to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess this is a thing, and I must rescind that I'd let it be on the record if publications want to say that I was trapped shin clairfour, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Wow, we've learned so much even in this episode and this year, and I have to say I think that's the next year is going to be a good one for us. I'm so excited for everything we got going.
Speaker 2: Anger me too, endlessly proud of you, always smiling when my girl is slaying and the star of my life, Star of my life. I love you down, I always will, and I'll see you very soon.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're about to see each other for fun, pro festive merriment, bestive merriment. We always end every episode with the song Little Christmas because you gay gay now on what probably now way think of thoughts of us Twink getting it in the butt and the Senate hearing room as we saying here we are in all the days go shapes to shape talk you hit the prostate? Fatful? Friends, who did he say it became? Who are near to us? I think I think that's what a yegger finishes, right, Gavin, Near to one once more.
Speaker 3: Through these weether where Clo sits, If the faces, if the face, hey.
Speaker 1: Shine, hoble on that jockstrap atter being a museum someday. Honestly, you a Jaeger muster? What was it?
Speaker 2: Yaeger cream bomb, Yaeger something bomb?
Speaker 1: You guys can find it man, Bye bye, Hey guys, this is Matt and I'm actually emotional because this is my last plug of the year for ha you heard of Christmas the tour. I am having my last few shows. I would love for you guys to come. I'm at the Castro Wednesday, December twentieth in San Francisco, at Ace Hotel Thursday December twenty first in La and on Saturday, December twenty third, I will be at the Town Hall in New York City and then I will just appear into a cloud of smoke, I promise you. But anyway stream the album comes. See us on tour, and if you have already, I love you so much.