Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises, SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories.
Speaker 1: Done done, Hello, and welcome to another episode of your favorite podcasts. That's Messed Up an SVU podcast with me Kara Klink and I'm Lee's a Tragger. We talk SVU crimes, talk to celebs. We really have a great life here on the podcast, yep. And before that, we like to chat, which some of you love and some of you don't, but either way, it's happening.
Speaker 3: We're in the city.
Speaker 2: So I did want to start with actually some SVU stuff I found that I guess it was posted a month ago and I didn't watch it, but on YouTube Vanity Fairplay, said Marishka. Her gut rewatches Long Order SVU from seasons one to twenty five, and it's Marishka watching important things that have happened to her.
Speaker 3: And then I mean she cries almost every year. She's crying. You watched it.
Speaker 1: I saw clips, I saw clips like on instude, stuff like of just her and people. You guys, listeners have sent it to us and stuff.
Speaker 3: It was so amazing.
Speaker 2: So I finally watched it and she's a she cries baby, yeah, but the Robin Williams. I think she was being funny because they were showing the Robin Williams episode and she goes, yeah, I really don't even remember that one, and then they're like the pillow fight. She goes, oh, that's for that, But then she goes in depth talking about Robin Williams and like truly cries and can't see it, can't even finish a sentence.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, was she kiddy? I don't know. Yeah, she also went she.
Speaker 2: Like raised the roof in the interview as well, but it was I'll tell you. It was the Maria episode nine one one where she won the Emmy and she goes, oh, then I fucking deserved winning because she said there wasn't a little girl, there wasn't a voice. It was the script coordinator going, please help me, I need your help, Like, no.
Speaker 3: Actor, you guys couldn't get a stand in. You can get someone to act with her. Geees. Right.
Speaker 2: Then they picked Pablo Schreiber episode and that was, you know, tough.
Speaker 3: To tough watch.
Speaker 2: William Lewis then it was the scene where Ben's It was after Benson saves baby Eli in the car with Kathy. Yeah, he like grabs her to hug and she's bawling talking about this hug. You know at the care she goes, you know, it's so much said without saying anything, and she goes. Usually when I watch stuff, I go, I could have changed this. I could have done that, batter, I could have made that richer. And she goes that like is perfect. And then it was the Robin Williams and so those are the epic scenes that Vanity Fair thought to talk about.
Speaker 1: I still think it's bullshit that that baby was not named Oliver. That is bullshit that they did not name that baby.
Speaker 3: Great we are talking. That is like question number one when we finally get Marishka on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've never I've never talked about this, Come on, we haven't never, I've never.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, it should have been named after Olivia.
Speaker 2: But I didn't even hear the name Oliver, Like it didn't even come to my brain.
Speaker 3: But that totally made Ali Ali.
Speaker 1: Right, Like what I mean, yeah, like Olivier, I guess if you want to be friendshaned, like weird. But yeah, that of course, like this baby miracle happens from this other woman in your life who has provided you with so much partnership. She jaws of life, fucking saves your wife and your baby's life, and you're like, you know, Whoman named the baby after me?
Speaker 3: Like insane behavior. No, he said Kathy.
Speaker 2: He goes to Kathy wants to name him Eli after me, and it's like or Eliah, and it's like, but why wouldn't even cat that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the right a.
Speaker 2: We actually have to ask someone about that. Oh well, Marishka hopefully because you're right, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been like it would have been, okay, maybe my dad's advocate now obviously is popping up, or like maybe it's like they did want to continue to make their be tension between the two of them, and I do feel like naming your child after somebody provide like that's like you're in my family now, and for them to ever get together after that it would.
Speaker 3: Be fucked up. So maybe that's why you.
Speaker 2: Think it's that kind of a It could be like I missed one of the things. It was one of the episodes she directed, which I did. I don't remember at all, so I wonder if it's this current season and it maybe be like, oh, I have to catch up because but it was a giant manhunt and she said it was like raining and so many extra but which I didn't think about. She goes, but when I direct, it's hard because directors usually get a week of prep, but I don't because I'm on set right So it's like she's on set and having the prep. Yeah, so I'd never thought about that kind of double duty. But her bangs looks incredible and I don't know, I loved it. Yeah, Well, they all went to back to work this week because Iced Tea posts I saw today work. Yeah, I think today is the first day. I was actually just looking up some things. I feel like I saw something interesting on.
Speaker 3: Woll Ice Tea is funny.
Speaker 2: He goes and when they ask what I did summer break, I'm gonna show him this and it's like, hey, I'm at a giant concert, you know, performing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like Marishka always has like a luxurious summer break, like she's always in Italy. I feel like she was on safari, like she she's kids around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then she recently was she had Rowin's and oh my god, I'm only saying Scanavino, but what am I trying to say? Careesi? She had Rowins and Caresy. I'm like doing some kind of beach walk for Joyful Heart. So she's been chilling with the co stars leading up to the I mean, we would love to start fundraising for Joyful Heart.
Speaker 3: We would do a bit, get us, get us on the INVI list.
Speaker 1: If you work for Joyful Heart and you're listening to this pod, we are happy to call them out if you are somehow not in the know. That is her foundation that does a lot of really important work, and it has definitely been a sister PEG at one point.
Speaker 3: But well, I have a little this is going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you so you know, I never pay attention to anything. I'm not really an organized person. I write a show, I go seven thirty show, Brooklyn whatever.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I had.
Speaker 2: Written last Night Lincoln Center. I knew it wasn't gonna be the real Lincoln Center. So I was like, cause the Kennedy Center has all these different rooms, right, I performed at the Kennedy Center, but in one of the side rooms that look like at Mitst.
Speaker 3: Of a holding, you know, a door room.
Speaker 2: I don't think I said it right, but I've done daytime shows in the little theaters there, so I assume Lincoln Center was like that, where there was tons of little rooms and we were doing some sort of showcase. But we show up. It's actually a really cool program. I should find out the name. But this woman, Susette, does it and she gets grants from the city and she puts on free comedy shows all over the city and this one is weekly. But it's in the it's in the parking garage first level, so there's no doors that's outside through. It's like because it's not a garage because both sides are open, but you can drive through. So it's like this driveway garage entrance under Lincoln Centers where this show is. But the green room's air conditioned. It's really nice. And I went to PJ. Clarks for the first time. Yeah, not that good. No, The thing is, I didn't think it was going I thought it was gonna be overpriced, but fine, like solid, like a country club food or something like that, where it's like you are spending more. It's an institution. It was good twenty five years ago. But it'll be good, you know. Yeah, And it was just not See, my old boss was obsessed with PJ.
Speaker 1: Clarks, and I went through with him a couple of times where he would have like he actually threw a couple of like events after screenings and stuff there. But like everybody always said the burger was the best thing there.
Speaker 3: And I don't see you hot for the burger.
Speaker 2: We got fish and chips and split some me so kind of clams with cilantro, and it was just it just because it is it's like a thirty five dollars fish and shit, you know what I mean, it's four oysters for twenty something, Like, I don't know it was.
Speaker 3: It was what it was. It was what it was. Yeah, but they're sitting next to me.
Speaker 2: Was a fucking idiot listening to them talk. But anyway, so but I just knew Upper West Side you would know PJ. Clark, and I was happy to have tried it, and honestly I would go again and try the burger.
Speaker 3: It smelt amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the burger is supposed to be the thing, I guess, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't need me eat My friend Jared Goldstein.
Speaker 3: I went with it. He doesn't eat dairy, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So but I go to the show. It's all going for I'm last on it. I go up. It does start raining and we're in this parking garage but you could see the rain on either side of the openings.
Speaker 3: But I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that well to be honest, like, I'm not really clicking with this garage audience, but I have some people that are into it. Then it starts pouring, and then towards the end of my set, I don't know where I'm at time wise, but a woman jumps onto the stage and she goes, we have to end the show early, and I go, was it something I said? She goes the rain and it started flooding. It was like the it was a Sylvester Stillone movie. So the water is like rushing in. It is flooding into this thing. They're pushing people out the other end. People are mopping and vacuuming water and it's just like a full storm.
Speaker 1: Literally, this is comedy. This is comedy. You can be shooting your own fucking Netflix hour with people making it all about you. You're you're shooting this wonderful production and a month later you're fucking and a flooded parking lot that is comedy. Like there's simply nothing else to say, like, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know this. But then I you know, I'm filming the next day. All of a sudden, last night they tell me, they're like, we'll pick you up noon. I go noon on Friday, they go tomorrow. I'm like, what, Like, I have things. I'm like, we have an important guess I can't cancel, so they're picking me up later.
Speaker 3: But it is Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 1: The disrespect just like, oh my god, so dirty, and I like it was just flooding in and I mean there's there's something cool to like doing cool like, you know, don't tell Carmony their whole their whole premise is like go see comedy at a yoga studio or like a you know, and it's nice whatever.
Speaker 3: I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like free things in the city. You know, we talk about can you be broken date? Like I don't know that seems cool or if you're a family, I don't know. I just like the idea of having free actually good events.
Speaker 3: For yes, and then the city and then there's.
Speaker 1: Something like I think of LA as being a place that floods, but New York I always think can handle their rain.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. You've seen the videos of the subways kind of.
Speaker 1: Oh the subways, yes, yes, yes, yes, but like a parking structure. I guess I've never seen like a flooded parking garage. But you know, there's a there's a new time for everything.
Speaker 2: Well, they took care. But what's cool too about Lincoln Center. You can go underground into the subway. You don't have to leave or go outside like you You can go right on to the one to the one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So that it was my stuff to go down to bed.
Speaker 3: Bath and beyond. What were you getting? Oh, I guess everything home stuff. You know.
Speaker 2: Before that was a good store. Wow, there's more variety put out. Does Mariska Hart know these lines from Law and Order? This was two months ago, so they went on a big press thing obviously, and I'm an idiot. She gets emotional things. There's so much Marishka content in the past two months. What the fuck?
Speaker 3: What is going on? All of these are from two months ago. She kind of has like a great publicist.
Speaker 1: I feel like because she's always sort of doing something she's doing, like Fashion Awards with Christian Siriano. She's at the Glamour Woman of the Year, like even when it's not like Season twenty five premiering, even when it's like past that or before that, she's just kind of always but up at good stuff.
Speaker 2: Wait, you have to cut the video of her going woo woo, like.
Speaker 3: You have to off to use.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, I'll find that she went the sky opened.
Speaker 3: Up and it started raining.
Speaker 2: Okay, I had an SVU moment yesterday. I did videotape at all so I might make it into a real whatever we'll see because but I had an sv style moment.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, so I wanted to get a little drunk last night because I'm playing drunk and something I'm filming, and I just so I like walked home video and taped myself speaking and doing all the lines and like just writ like saying my physicality out loud, like what to do with my body. I just want to be as prepared as possible because we actually to just talk to another amazing guest actor and he was so inspiring and he said, you have to be so prepared and it got me like really amped up, and so then I was too drunk and I didn't know where I was. I walk home from this comedy club every night, every night, every night.
Speaker 3: But I was suddenly in like a street, and I was like, you know what, just.
Speaker 2: Get a car, like you have nothing to prove. So I'm standing. It is desolate. It's like two in the morning, if not later, so it's like no one's out and about.
Speaker 3: I am not even on the curb.
Speaker 2: I'm in the middle of a street, like it's clearly I called the car.
Speaker 3: But the car comes in like I think it's a power move.
Speaker 2: I do, but he's like twenty he stops twenty feet away from me, and so I'm looking at him because it's like it's clearly me I'm waiting for a car, but he won't move, and so I sigh and just start walking towards him. And then he finally like comes towards me. And when I get in the car, I look at him and I go, damn. In my head, I goes, he looks familiar. I go, I feel like I've been in this car before. This is weird, but I, you know, I just keep it moving. But then for the drop off. He plays this game too, where he's like halfway down the block from where I am, and he goes here and it's like, I see you looking at the map.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're an it, you know.
Speaker 2: I go, no, please keep going like and then when he stops, he looks back and goes, I'll see you again. What And it shivers up my spine. I'll see you again? Why would you see me again? So I get out, I immediate start videotaping myself and I walked to my bodega, but he stays and follows me to the bodega and then he's at the red light there. So then I go to the bodega and I spend Well, now I'm having a great time at the bodega.
Speaker 3: I got some.
Speaker 2: Spring cheese, I got a funion, I got some lollipop. You know, I was having like then. I was like, okay, I'll get snacks. So then I go check out and I tell the guy. I go, hey, my uber driver just told me I'll see you again.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it. It's creepy, right, and he smiles.
Speaker 2: He goes, yeah, maybe he's gonna memorize your address and stalk.
Speaker 3: You and I go, why would you say that, sir? Sir?
Speaker 2: But I go, but that is exactly what I think is gonna happen. And I go, so you're the witness, I go, remember me, hello, Like you see me right?
Speaker 3: And so he shook hands. We introduced ourselves.
Speaker 2: I go, so if anyone goes missing, And then I looked up at the camera. I'm like, we talked, I'm in your neighborhood, bro, and he goes, yeah, because we also talked.
Speaker 3: About like others, you know, before that. We had a little small talk.
Speaker 2: So then I walked home and the car wasn't or anything, and maybe I was two SVU.
Speaker 3: But this is again bothered me.
Speaker 1: This is like sounds like the sequel to your joke that you have where you're going for the hook up and you're getting all the hair and the DNA under the fingernails or whatever. This is the sequel you were befriending about Dega owners so that he can't be like her. Oh yeah, I think I saw her the other night. You want him to be like, yes, she was scared. Check her Uber account. It's this guy. Like I reported it. I tipped and rated it fine. But then I said inappropriate comment. And I know it's not actually inappropriate, but they can reject me ever getting matched with him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I just wrote he said it. It created me out, Get me out. It's also just weird. I think you could have maybe ignored it.
Speaker 1: If you didn't have the weird daja voo feeling of also having been in his car before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'll.
Speaker 1: See you again, might be like, could just be like, all right, you know, New York is small.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll pick you up again. I don't know, but that is it's just it that made me. I didn't want to go into my apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kept walking, so I was like, oh, and I don't even use my address. I use like a business around me too, Like I'm so smart.
Speaker 3: I never thought of that. That's so smart.
Speaker 1: Everybody you should use like the address of like two doors down from you or whatever, so that no, if you're like alone or like, you know, feel like somebody's Yeah, I mean, I guess you can never know when you put it into the uber.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. That's smart though.
Speaker 2: So it was so you know, and one of the things we always talk about, and a lot a few victims of crimes that we've covered talk about like just follow your gut instinct, you know, So even if it's nothing, I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just didn't like the way said it. Yeah, so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like and because the the other stuff didn't click to me. And then I was like, oh, why why play these power games?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of dropping me off? Not I'm like, this is a annoying or annoying right, just overall annoying whatever in my little New York moment. But I couldn't believe I got lost. That's truly the easiest walk of all time, so insane.
Speaker 3: But I started looking around. I was like, I truly don't even know where I am.
Speaker 2: And then I put on the map and I was like, I gotta get out of here. But I also, you know, the thing I'm shooting is going to be overnight, so I'm also trying to get my schedule shifted, yeah, because I'm gonna working all night. Yeah, it's five pm to five am. So I tried to go to bed at five last night so I could, but then I woke up at night.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not helping. We'll see what happened immediately. Yeah, No, I.
Speaker 1: I had a friend who was like trying to train her children for jet lag recently for a trip internationally, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, does that work? Why do you train them? Wow? Like you start putting them to bed.
Speaker 1: I think a little bit, you know, earlier every night or something or later, I don't remember, but it was like something she read about to try it to because they were traveling from LA to Europe, and like, I guess the time difference is wild, but I don't know. I feel like if you just get kids super tired and put them to bed at the regular bedtime, then they wake up. I get my kids on East Coast time in two minutes, but that is only three hours, so who knows.
Speaker 2: Oh, I did feel judge. I did judge a mom recently. You can give your professional opinion. So it was like a hot ass day. You know, it's been hot here like nineties and high eighties, nineties, and this mom had this baby out like for hours, you know, nod an umbrella, but just.
Speaker 3: Like laying there and the baby was fine.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I don't know, do they have to be on this rooftop pool when it's ninety Yeah? But then I'm like if you want a baby into the water at all, not that I noticed. You just splayed out on like arms, arms above head, just splayed out onto the thing. And then we were in the elevator with her, and I was just like, I don't I don't know. I just I guess I got it makes.
Speaker 1: Me nervous, Yeah, I guess I don't get that with like yeah, and I mean I don't want to get into it. But there was there was a bad thing that just happened to a baby that was exposed to too much heat recently.
Speaker 3: Right, But where was Yeah, I just saw that.
Speaker 1: We're in Arizona. In Arizona, I think, yeah, And it was like a little six month old baby.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've brought my babies to pools, but then I bring them in the water, like I'm constantly bringing them in the wow.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why I was avoiding all the children in the pool. So I feel like I would have noticed this baby.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: But a baby's the best in a pool because they just sit there like a little blob. Like I have so many pictures of like Rosie's first swim, and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, I haven't had the baby.
Speaker 2: But I remember going to a Palm Springs trip with friends with a really small child and I heard someone make a rude comment.
Speaker 3: I was like, who the fuck do you think you are? They're a good tent.
Speaker 2: And people kept being like, make sure you do this and that, and I was like, oh my god, leave us alone. They care about that. And now it's like the opposite where I was like, put your baby inside, just get her bed, get it.
Speaker 3: Splash a little water on the poor thing. Yeah, we're hoping for it.
Speaker 2: But what's the age, Like, what's the age you can heat up these babies?
Speaker 3: Oh? I mean you can bring a baby in the water, like, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Probably after the little Oh god, someone's gonna call me and tell me that.
Speaker 2: I'm well, maybe they. I'm just curious. When can you judge and when you can you not?
Speaker 1: I know for sure, I put Oscar in a pool when he was like three months old, so I don't really know. I don't really know if before then maybe, I don't know. There's also like vaccines that don't happen until like three or four months.
Speaker 3: But I think that the pool is fine. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you can put your breath on either. I felt rude. I was like, fucked, don't mom, shame, don't mom shame. I'm like, you don't know, she needs a break. This is her only time that it's been hot all week. But then I was like, that baby's just cooking on that. It's that bed, like because I got I got burnt that day. So it's like I don't know. Yeah, but like.
Speaker 1: I'm actually picking up both of my kids early from camp tomorrow to take them to DragCon. But I haven't like told either of their camps that that's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: But Oscar won't stop talking about it. He's so excited.
Speaker 1: So I know he's gonna tell his like uppuy Montessori school, like I'm going to drag Con and they're gonna be like, what, like wame out early?
Speaker 2: Does he remember drag Con like from last year? Or he's like, oh he does. He was mesmerized by the Teletubbies.
Speaker 1: Do you remember there's a photo of me and you and my kids and my friend Brent with the Teletubbies and Oscar is staring across at the Teletubbies like he's in a trance. I don't know if they're gonna be back. But also Pickle the drag Queen, he's very excited to see her. He saw her read at a library event, and so he's excited to see Pickle. Like this morning, I it was my morning to sleep in. And I heard him saying to his dad like.
Speaker 3: Is tonight is today? Draggon? Like he's really excited. What's he gonna wear? Oh? You gotter?
Speaker 1: Put him and maybe I put them in a little tank top, you know, put them in a little tank put Rosy.
Speaker 3: In a little sparkle. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I did the craziest thing last year where food's already expensive, and then for some reason, I got a lobster caesadilla. And then I was like, did I just spend forty two dollars on that? I was like, the craziest thing I've ever done. I made a one the.
Speaker 1: Trucks that dragon con are so expensive. And then you were like, how can I make this more luxury? Like it was so funny.
Speaker 3: I was like I don't even need this, Like why am I doing this? I love just melted cheese.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, But I have no idea honestly, Like I know, I know Shay's gonna be there. I'm gonna try to grab Shy on her way out, but I don't know who else is going to be there, so we'll see. But I'm excited for by the time this episode comes out, of course, Dragon will be long gone, but time machine style, I'm excited for drag Con.
Speaker 2: When I was in second grade, my sister and her husband they were already dating, and they took me out of school to go ice skating, and I told the teacher. When I came back the next day, she's like, are you feeling better? And I went, I feel great. We went ice skating, and she was pissed.
Speaker 1: I mean back when we were younger, I feel like you were never allowed to do these like hooky days, and now they call it like, oh, a mental health day or whatever, like she's been feeling bummed about something that happened, like we're gonna take her ice skating, and like those schools doesn't don't care.
Speaker 3: I had a babysitter who let me do that.
Speaker 1: When I was like in third grade, a babysitter conspired to get me out of school and was like, we'll play hooky and she called the school and I remember being in music class and being like, carry you have to go to the front office, and I was like it's happening, Like I felt like I was getting jail broken, like it was insane. And then she like took me for a day. It was like pretty magical. I think she was a bad babysitter, though I think my mom ended up firing her, but I was pretty obsessed. She never did it with my brother or sister.
Speaker 3: It was like just me, Yeah, you gotta miss school.
Speaker 2: You gotta teach kids how Yeah, Casey, that's my big parenting advice.
Speaker 3: Let them miss school, take them ice skating.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean famously, I'm letting Rosie starts school three two weeks late.
Speaker 3: I still remember that day.
Speaker 2: It obviously was monument I remember what I was wearing two ice skating and this is outdated, but I'm sure my sister meant well. But I was wearing a shirt that says love see no color, and it was like flack and white.
Speaker 3: Get that girl on the ring, and I wore a little glove. I mean, it was like so magical, and I was.
Speaker 2: That was thirty years ago, so I'm seriously worth like taking your kids out once in a while.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So a group of our friends they went to a six Flags. I was not invited. I'm pissed. I love a love coaster. But all the rest of the girls came prepared. And of course our friend who crazy glue vampire teeth to her real teeth, she wore a wig.
Speaker 3: She wore a fucking wig to six grags. Man. She set me the.
Speaker 2: Photo, and the photo is everyone smiling, laughing on a roller coaster, and she is holding her wig down with all her might ride two rollercoasters.
Speaker 1: Sucked my phone out of my pocket. Your wig does not stand a chance. Are you kidding me? Like?
Speaker 3: Are you joking? Wait? You know what's funny? Back to being taken out of school.
Speaker 1: Another thing I was taken out of school for by my Republican father was the ticker Tape parade. After Operation Desert Storm ended and they and the heroes came home and they did a parade in New York City. And this circles back to this circles back to child abuse via heat. It was like one hundred degrees in New York City, papers falling from the sky. My dad did not bring water for us. I thought it was gonna faint. Like we were dying. The police set up a little like barricade for us and like covered it with like a sheet or like paper or something, and we've got to sit under there so we could cool down watching this parade.
Speaker 2: So the authorities realize, oh, these children need help.
Speaker 1: Yes, they were like this wild Republican man only gives a shit about these heroes and not about his own children. And we literally because I thought I was gonna throw up, Like it's New York, it's a parade. Everything's like streets are shut down. He like couldn't get us water. I was dying. But then at the beginning, I was so excited to get out of school until my dad almost gave me heat stroke for you know, war glorifications. So you know, that's life, all right. We gotta get started. Casey gave us the twenty minute a while ago, but you know, same old business. Go to a That's messed Up live dot com for merch. We got tour dates for Lisa on there. We're announcing that's messed up toward dates very soon. Stay tuned, and then you know our promo codes are up there. Also, you could leave us a review whatever you guys feel like it's the summer and live your lives.
Speaker 3: But let's get started. A great episode coming up.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are taking it back baby, Season two, episode nineteen. This came out April two thousand and one, pre nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: If you were wondering, we love We love to place every episode in time visa the nine to eleven, and I do like it. This is a fave of mine and I love this episode. I wanted to do it for a long time.
Speaker 3: I love this episode.
Speaker 2: Twists and turns and just so many bad people.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just get into it, and then you know, Parasite's so cool. But the movie Parasite also very good. Yes, yes, so I think about it all the time. Actually, okay, I will begin.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 2: There's a man he's digging a hole and another man is like, why are you digging so deep? It's an above ground jacuzzi, And another dude is rolling a wheelbarrow towards the hole and he's like, we need a good foundation, mister Sawyer, And this mister Sawyer is just harping.
Speaker 3: I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Don't hit a gas mate, you know, not a fucking customer. You want just like overbearing and annoying. It's like people are professionals. Let them do their fucking job. So the wheelbarrow guy is like, listen, we know what's up, exactly what I just said, you know, relax, But he won't stop. He's like, you better dig out these weeds too, or they're gonna break through the concrete and it's gonna be a mess. And he goes these old owners. They left everything a mess. The worker's like, yeah, yeah, we'll clean it, no extra charge. And the man walks away and the guy in the hole is like, wow, wait, aren't those hydranger bushes? And the guy's like yeah, that's well, we'll do it for free. We're gonna make so much money off these bushes. Do you know about this hydranger market?
Speaker 3: I'm googling it right now.
Speaker 1: I didn't know hydra like I love hydrangeas, they're my favorite. I know that they're very popular on like Cape Cod and stuff. I always think of hydrangeas like the hampt it, like you know, like I do think it is kind of like an upscale flower bush to have, But I didn't realize it would be like there's a black market for it where these gardeners are going to like go sell it and.
Speaker 3: Make a profit, but so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy knows that someone in hack and Sack, he's got a hydranger guy in Hackensack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so but uh uh, forking the plan. There's a skull in the hole. So it turns right into a crime scene Benson and Stabler and the guy now is bitching like what the fuck I paid an inspector inside out, I'm gonna sue this. I'm gonna sue that. You're all witnesses. And Benson goes, please leave, like get the fuck out of here, and the wife goes.
Speaker 3: This is our new home.
Speaker 2: And the man now is calming her down and it's like you, you know you were, You're causing the stress her. So then the science cop is on the scene and it's Lance Reddick assistant Emmy Taylor. Oh, such a talent, yes, and he thinks from the skull it's a white person under thirty female, no obvious cause of death, but he's gonna work on it. Then Stabler's like, okay, bro, but like, how do we get sexual abuse from a bunch of bones? They say bones so many times in such funny ways. Here it's like it's a it's a campy like comedy, honestly. He tells them to go to the evidence trey and they walk on over and there's a studded collar and a leash that was also buried with the woman, and Stablers says, I guess she was somebody's pet. Okay, Yeah, Season two was a lot of puns. That leads us right into the credits and we're back at the crime scene. In Benson's talking to a man neighbor. He says, the previous owners put in the hydranges, the Stanton's Brad and Abby, and they fought all the goddamn time, from the moment they moved in until they moved out. Abby moved out around four years ago, and he's like, it was loud, but I never saw violence. And even though they were broken up, she would swing by after a year and she would pound on the door and he would give her cash around like three am. But one night he didn't answer and she started screaming, I'm going to report you to the medical board for fucking your patients. He's a surgeon. Oh my god, we didn't even talk about your mom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, retired retired baby Yeah, I can't believe it. I know she's not gonna really I mean, she's gonna like keep doing like projects for a while, but she's not seeing patients anymore.
Speaker 3: And it's like really crazy.
Speaker 1: But we're having a little party for her when we go back in August, to a little just like small family party to be like congrats.
Speaker 3: You know, what are projects that doctors do?
Speaker 1: Like my mom's always like changing their emerging their electronic medical records like server like whoever's like doing their medical records and stuff like that. And I don't know, she's got other shit going on, I think there. But she used to have like she had like a pretty she had like ideas where she wanted to like do sort of like freelance counseling for eating disorders. She's like very interested in that, and so she might do go into something like that, you know, maybe like going to schools or helping or like helping other doctors that don't specialize in that.
Speaker 3: You know. Wow, passionate, but good photos. It was fun seeing her young. Yeah, different phases too, Yeah. And funny outfits. How about her smoking a cigarette with the kitten? Me and my outfit?
Speaker 2: Your outfit was honestly, it's it's another big it's a big business reference.
Speaker 1: It's a big business outfit. And I wrote a response to our friend in the comments. But that was also one of my flying outfits. We had to like dress up for flights, so that I recall that being one of my flying outfits. It's like I'm gonna put on this fancy shirts, get on the plane. So fucking funny, all right.
Speaker 2: So this guy's a surgeon and he says that one time, you know, the doors burst open and that Abby got the crap beaten out of her, and Stabler's like, you just said that there was no violence, and he goes, well, Brad didn't hit her, Pam hit her, the new wife threw punches, and he never saw Abby again. So we're at work and bells are is showing Craigan photos of the gold found with the bones as well, and Benson runs on in and reports that she has been buried they believe three years, and Stablers fills them in on Brad and Abby, and Craigan is like, oh, go talk to Brad and his new wife and also go check in on Abby and find her, you know, one if the bones are her. So they go talk to a lady that seems like she owns a lot of units, and they ask her if any of her tenants went missing late ninety seven to early ninety nine.
Speaker 3: She goes, yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Go missing when they forget to pay their rent for three months. And it's like, okay, they want the list of all those people and the rental applications, and she's being super sarcastic. She goes, Oh, yeah, we have an intense screening process because you know, so many high class people are desperate to move here. So it's like, I love her. A corkboard is filled with tons of papers. Bellser wants files. She'll be and.
Speaker 1: Really quickly like where are we in New York where these people are buying a house? But then right behind them is like a full apartment building that overlooks the backyard.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like what area like houses are usually like in Queens or like party.
Speaker 2: I think this is Queens. Oh you think, oh this is but their Manhattan SVU. I guess maybe Shellse. I'm trying to think we're like big apartments that no one want to like and.
Speaker 1: Then like a house with a yard, like I don't know. I was confused about the low.
Speaker 3: I doesn't have houses.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, yeah, whatever, It's just like it was just I was just wondering about it.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what, maybe it's way uptown. Yeah, it could be a super uptown.
Speaker 3: That's true too, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I don't go there enough, so that might be the place, because I can't see anywhere that I would like that I know. So she opens a messy drawer and says, have at it, and it's a mess. So now we jump from Munch and Finn to Benson and Stabler, who's talking to Pam the new wife. She's like, ah, Brad was married to that blood sucking leech for five years. And they're like, okay, but why did you attack her? And she turns around giving a ton of sass. She accused Brad of sleeping with his patients. She then calls her a bottom feeding, mainlining junkie. Then she gives some scoop that they were actually friends and went to nursing school together, and Sailor's like, okay, well when they split and she goes ninety seven done done. He said that her husband was super generous with her, but three years ago she put her foot down to cut her off, and she hasn't heard from her since. And then she finally asks, Okay, what's going on with her? What trouble is she in now? And Benson says, a woman's remains were found buried under the hydrate just behind your former brownstone. She looks down and says, oh my god. They let her know the remains have been there for three years. Quiet tention. So then they ask where Brad is right now, and she's like, he's working at the hospital and he's super busy, and Brad couldn't kill anybody, not even that horrible bitch.
Speaker 1: I love like on this show, people are always willing to still call someone a bitch when she could be.
Speaker 3: A dead body that was just found in your backyard.
Speaker 2: They go talk to him outside the hospital. He's like, I didn't kill her. She was killing herself with her habit. They're like, okay, but then you married her and he's like, yeah, well I loved her and back then it was just asked for anxiety, but then she started stealing other pills and then you know, the hospital fired her. They're like, damn, that must have been embarrassing. He's like, no, for sure, and I felt powerful a powerless. He goes, yeah, whatever, he was powerlessness what. I can't talk about it anymore. But he's not happy about it and he couldn't help her.
Speaker 3: So he was.
Speaker 2: And if you were wondering who this man is, he was Carrie Bradshaw's editor at the newspaper. So I don't know if you remember the episode where like she doesn't have anything to write and she's like, I don't know, do I write about socks?
Speaker 3: I have nothing to write. My editor keeps calling me. He's like mad at me.
Speaker 2: And then Charlotte and Carrie as sitting at a table and the guy that walks by, they say if they want to fuck him or not?
Speaker 3: Do you remember this? And then yeah, this guy works. Yeah, this guy like works a ton.
Speaker 1: He's like, I think he's actually been on a bunch of svus as well.
Speaker 3: He's been on three svus.
Speaker 2: Matt cerveto Yeah yeah, because then he and then Charlotte goes, eh, I would never fuck that man, and it's the editor going Carrie, Hello. That's when he tells her that she's gonna have a book deal. So that's him, you know. Obviously, if there's a sex in the city face. I'm gonna talk about it. Yeah, yeah, but he has to run and he doesn't give any info and they taunt him, and then his wife comes out too, and he's like, what the fuck get lost you guys. She snaps and goes, stop wasting our time, runs off. He then gives them a piece of paper and says, please don't tell Pam. So they go to Mercy Aid's Hospice and it's a woman laying tube, tubed up fully and it's abby. She has AIDS related dementia and yeah, and he pays the bills and he keeps the roses fresh, always fresh roses. He dropped her off and she has not had a visitor since. It's really sad.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The lady stands in front of the fresh roses and then behind her is a machine and it looks so old timey. It looks like the tiniest little delta screen I've ever seen in my life, and it looks like an eighties weird science machine. It is two thousand and one, like the machines shouldn't look like that. But she's like, it's sad, you know, she doesn't have much time left. So they pieced out and They're like, well, now what and Stabler says, back to the bones. So we're back with Emmy Lance Reddick and he says, so strangulation and pressure freight fractures to the neck. Benson goes, oh, so senam and he goes, well, I doubt it because her right hand is broken as well. She was five four, and he thinks Eastern European and Benson's flabbergasted.
Speaker 3: You got all that from the bones?
Speaker 1: Is just like when they came up with the idea of the TV show Bones, like probably this episode. They were like, what if there was a show where it was just bones, you know?
Speaker 3: Okay? So then the teeth.
Speaker 2: So he found traces of arsenic in the teeth and that is what back in the day old Russian dental practice to kill a nerve, and it spread through the Eastern block. So Staylor goes, well, this is great, we have the dental records or they could be in the former Soviet Union. But they go to another man and he has an eighties style computer as well. He's a forensic anthropologist, and he entered the dimensions of the skull and some other information into the New York Police Department forensic system. Dimensional imaging program and it says that she's around thirty and they're layering these pieces and a face appears, and he says it's a reasonable approximation. So they print it out and Craigan's looking at the picture and goes, okay, so behind the iron curtain kind of broad and you know, he like fucking loves Brighton beach ladies. He loves the rush, he sure does. He loves Russian sex workers, whether you guys want to admit it or not. But he's like, okay, So we narrowed it down to a couple hundred thousand, and munch Infen are going through ten of information from the building company, but again not really good notes so much so far as found sixteen and counting names that sound Eastern Bloc like, and Cragan's like, track them all down, let's get to work. Let's go. So it's phone call time. It's a montage, lots of hang ups. Everyone hates cops, people don't speak English, they're scared of deportation. But pool together there's like a dozen or so unaccounted people. So they're going to cross reference these people with missing persons, see and see what goes down. Manila folders everywhere, and I mean I when my mom would bring a Manila folder home from work, I would fucking lose it. I was so excited. I would go down and play office in a heartbeat, like I just I.
Speaker 3: Need to have the paper in here. Yeah, let me get my files together.
Speaker 2: So they if they found a picture that's pretty damn close to the fake face we have, and the name is Eva Perulis, or they say Ava, but that's like a weirder name for me to say. I don't like yeahct I've never Yeah, Ava is not really that must be like the Romanian translation or pronunciation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: So it's Ava Perulis and she was reported missing April nineteen ninety eight. She rented an apartment behind the crime scene. Hello in February nineteen ninety eight and gone by that April and there's a young sassy Brooklyn go tea man and they're like, it's kind of he's like Stucky before Stucky. He has an attitude and accident. He's like, well, the case sid and go far And basically the detective who had the case retired to Arizona last year. And to me, I'm like we're his retirement plans in the file, like how do you look to know what the stude's up to. So then we have to find out who reported her missing. It's a guy in Queen's George Burton, and so they had to rego park and it's a kid in the front of a really nice house and she's like, I don't talk to strangers. Get lost and they go work ops. She goes, show me your badges and they get a kick out of her. They love how smart she is and they give her a lot of positive affirmations and I like, paused to write stuff down and the detectives did look like a still from a nineties Christmas movie. They were smiling at her light fault where I don't know, it just they're both so attractive. It just really was such a Christmas movie moment to me. So then out comes a man and it's the child's dad and he sends Julia the child inside. They say hey, and he's like, oh no, what Benson says, you reported your sister in law, Ava Perula is missing, and he's like, damn, you found her. And they give the guy the pick and says, we might have and he's confused and is like, huh, I actually gave this picture to the police. What happened to her? And in runs a woman that looks just like Ava. Hello, we have twins done done. But they're stunned and like she's an alien, like they have never seen a twin in their fucking life. And so now we're inside and she gives the rundown and her twin and.
Speaker 1: And I just say really quickly too. This woman that plays her is named Millie Avatall, who is actually a Israeli actress, and she's in the pilot of SVU.
Speaker 3: She's in pay Back.
Speaker 1: She is the woman who chops off the guy from but like Bosnia or whatever, like you know, there's like a Bosnia hate crime thing that happens and they chop off the cap driver stick. Then they have her back the next season to play these twins in a pretty big episode. Then she doesn't come back till season fourteen. She's in Manhattan Vigil. We covered that episode. She's the mom oh my god, Hamish link later when the little boy goes missing and they're like divorced, it's like, how would you do that?
Speaker 3: They're fighting all the.
Speaker 1: Time, and then she's in Depravity Standard, which is the second episode of that. Yeah what the fuck? Yeah cool? Yeah, so we try to get her. She would not respond. I wanted to talk to her about playing twins. I mean, not that she.
Speaker 2: Really had to play, but yeah, yeah, I was in parent trap hyjinks, you know, yeah, one of.
Speaker 3: They must love her for season one and season.
Speaker 2: Two it's like, but yeah, the detectives are stunned, and so now you know, we're inside and she's given the rundown, so her twin in her. They came to the US five years ago from Romania. She starts to cry and the husband holds her hand. She continues that she was older by six minutes and always bossing her around, and Benson is at this moment she's in a pixie grow out phase, but it's also like straightened peace highlights very of this era. And she says, well, who could have killed your sister?
Speaker 3: Anyone?
Speaker 2: And she goes, no, no one want to, like, I cleant think of anyone that would want to kill my sister. And then Stabler wants to connect, so he brings up his twins and says, you know, my twins are inseparable. You must have been close, and then the husband interjects, and he goes, Ava and my wife couldn't have been more different, and that Ava was wild and played by her own rules. And then the girly cuts in and says, listen, she went from one rich man to the next until she finally met the wrong one, and she gets really upset and runs off. And then mister Burton calls for his wife, you know, like Irena, so they have time with him. He says, they went through hell getting here, orphanage's abuse, so when they finally came here, all they had was each other. But they did have a falling out. Ava said she could never settle for a life like this and Irena said stop dreaming and grow up. And that was that, and they never saw each other again. It seems like kind of a chow fight to never speak again. And that was a little longer than three years ago, right, like, yeah, I don't want to live in the suburbs and have a family. Well, you gotta grow up. I'm never speaking to you again forever. Yeah, right, So she was supposed to show up to their daughter's first birthday party and Ava was supposed to be there, and that was IRENA's last straw and she's like, fuck this bitch. So Stabler asks what made him think that she was missing, and he's like, well, when she went to go patch things up, her apartment was fully empty and Ava was gone. Irena says she must have run off with another man, but he had a bad fear and so he did call the police. And he only knows the name of one of her old boyfriend's, Matt. So they go visit Matt Sloan and he is, you know, owns his own business. They had to Sloan Importers, and he's a douche. So he's standing face to face with Benson, trying to intimidate her with his gross grin, and he says she was sexy and adventurous. And they ask if they, you know, did some s and m bond Ande caking stuff. He says that he's not really into that, but they were only together for four months. Benson asks if he loved her, and he says it was a business arrangement. She was smart and charming and multi lingual, and you know, she helped me develop business contacts in Eastern Europe and the sex was great. And they asked what she got in return, and he says expensive jewelry. Only jewelry, full tantrum, Like he said, if it wasn't jewels, she would flip out and want him.
Speaker 3: She threw a one thousand dollars bottle of perfume in his face. What's this perfew? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And after that, I just I want to like jewelry that much, and so apa and after that he ended it.
Speaker 3: So they're like, well, did you ever see her again?
Speaker 2: And he goes, yes, at the reception of some un event and she left with a Romanian deputy chief of mission.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So back at the office, Craigan is shocked. He goes, oh my god, diplomats are involved. Who is this woman? He was also, you know, an importer, and so she's definitely a player. So then Finn and Munch run in fast with some news. They check Sloan's records and he got picked up during an undercover weisting one count of soliciting prostitution and he was found with like a dog collar and everything.
Speaker 3: So liar alert, liar alert.
Speaker 2: Okay, but his passport shows he was out of the country when Ava was reported missing, so that's a bust. Craigan goes, Okay, let's see how ava got into the country, and then also, let's check with her former landlady if she has anything more to tell us. Craigan then tells Benson and Stabler to go talk to the diplomat and yes, diplomats have immunity from a but not from talking. So let's play nice and maybe we'll get some scoop. This motherfucker has thick ass glasses in an accent. He does kind of resemble my friend's dad, and that's upsetting for everyone involved. So he said that she would, well, all this guy's just as glasses are so thick, and so are my friend's dad, Like just such thick glasses where your eyeballs look so giant.
Speaker 3: It's so so you know, coke bottles. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He said that she was a mix of greed and innocence, which is common for girls from the countryside. He says they were not romantically involved, and he giggles at the idea. He just needed like a side woman at events who can speak the language, and she was down and you know, she got to meet really important men at these parties. Stabler blurts out any of them wanted her dead? And he's like, no, I doubt that then he changes the subject and starts talking about the orchids in his office, and you know, you're a whole speech.
Speaker 3: Him and the mushroom man should get together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the orchid took years of cultivation, and he says it's a hybrid I developed. Benson goes, yeah, beautiful. He then says, do you know the orchid is also a parasite. It devours the host plant while it blooms magnificently, and Saybler's like, are you calling her a parasite? He goes, oh no, wait, no, no, no, we had a very mutually beneficial relationship. And then they asked the big question, how did she get into the country And he's like, I don't know. You know, our agency does deals with thousands upon thousands of applications, like there's no way to tell how people came, Like we never really chatted about it. So we get munch right now and he's in a hasidic hat and fins in a leather jacket. So classic, we're back with the sassy landlady and she's run down.
Speaker 3: She's too busy for this.
Speaker 2: She says, Avo walked around here like she was the Zorina of thirteenth street, and should I name my special that hold on.
Speaker 1: This arena of thirteenth Street is a great idea.
Speaker 2: So she takes them to the apartment and goes this was hers. She knocks and calls out for mister Sanchez, but then lets herself look into the old apartment. She said she had one regular visitor. He was always dressed to kill a sugar daddy, and he would park his Mercedes by the fire hydrant every time, and he looked important. But specifics don't concern her, and they want more info, and she's like, listen, the apartment came furnished.
Speaker 3: She showed up in one suitcase.
Speaker 2: She was two months behind in rent, and then all of a sudden, she goes, wait, since she was dead, shouldn't the city reimburse me for that?
Speaker 3: It's like, you fucking bitch. I hate these I hate these money grubbing horrors.
Speaker 2: This happens like in the meat episode. You know, they want the cell phone, Like, I hate these people that want.
Speaker 3: Shut off dead people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Finn tell that that's just the category of people I don't like. But Finn tells her to call her council person, and then they go to the window. They go wow room with a view, and then Finn says of her own grave. So across the way from this apartment is a view of that yard. So now it's a coffee break sex in the city style, like they really are outside, just coffee cups near a statue. They're mingling, they're working, and Munch finds out that she came here in nineteen ninety six on a finance finance fiance visa. You know, I always say I'm the Liah Michelle of this podcast, and it is really really coming through right now. So as a fiance visa, and she married a man named Paul Amiss whatever I don't, I fucking hate him.
Speaker 3: You'll know why.
Speaker 2: So the addresses on Long Island and they go out there. So they met on euro Match, which is a male order bride situation. Munch says, you know, I should have tried that instead of love, because then I could pay much less, you know, out of my paycheck for alimony.
Speaker 1: Which is probably literally seventy five percent of his check. By how much how many X is munchaz.
Speaker 3: He's spends no money.
Speaker 2: The rest is just like his bar fund that he wants to open his money just in case he needs to bail some out of prison, and he buys these Goren hats, you know what I mean, And that's that. So Munch and Finn and they go to the they go to the matchmaker and Stabler is gonna go take the groom. So there's this angry man at a pool table the groom. He goes, yeah, I spent fifty k to bring her here. She'd be making fifty dollars a month where she comes from. And Benson interps and goes, yeah, all she had to do is clean, cook, and have sex on demand. He goes, yeah, that's what being a wife is. And so then he says he returned her after the ninety day trial period. And he has a ponytail, there's a goatee, there's a chain, there's a shirt, it's very unbuttoned, and he's standing in front of a wall of pool cues. And so he says that they got the marriage annulled and he got his money back, and he goes, now, this is my wife.
Speaker 3: And in walks a quiet woman named Meiling.
Speaker 2: She's very young, and she offers right away to get them something to drink, and they're like, no, we're not staying.
Speaker 3: He kisses this person, you know, his wife's forehead.
Speaker 2: You know, I got I want to get her out of there, and he sends her off back into the kitchen and Stabler finally goes, what made your return, Ava, And he says, because I didn't pay all that money for her run around with some dentist. So now we go talk to the dentist and you know, he calls Ava exotic, pretty smart, the whole package.
Speaker 3: He's not hot.
Speaker 2: And Stabler asks if he minded that she was married, and he goes, yeah, whatever, fuck that guy. She was getting beat every night and he hit her once so hard that he had to put five caps in her mouth.
Speaker 3: The marriage was over. He says.
Speaker 2: They met at a party and someone told her that I was, you know, a very known dentist to the stars, and so she was all over me. And even though she was there with her husband, like, she did not give a fuck. So, okay, you know what ended it?
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 2: She lied, She said she was a student, and cousins brought her over. But he hired a private investigator, and Benson says, wow, sounds like true love. But I would do this. I don't trust anyone. I would hire a private investigator for anyone you watch out. So you see someone across your street, snap and phocus, and he's like, look, I have a very lucrative practice. I got to take precautions. So once he found out that she was a male order bride, he goes, you know, aka a gold digger. He had to be out. Sabler just says, we need her dental records. He goes, yeah, for sure, I'll get it together right away. No, you know, no hesitation. So we go to euro match and this lady's in a teal silk shirt blazer and she's walking and talking with Munch and Stabler probably munch infin and I fucked it up or maybe it's a mismatch day. But I'm confused by what I just wrote here. So she says that because I feel early seasons they were very much that's your partner, and that's your partner.
Speaker 3: You know, there's no fucking around.
Speaker 2: So she says that she matches girls with traditional values, men who want wives instead of partners, so much hates it.
Speaker 3: He's a feminist.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, a maid and made cooking and sex on demand, And she goes, ugh, you make it sound so tawdry.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Kara Tawdrey is like, you know, like classless and like bass low base bullshit.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I already mentioned this because you know, I'm in my oc rewatch era. But they call each other classless all the time, and it's like you're.
Speaker 3: All trash, Yeah, you're all.
Speaker 2: No One watching this is like, look at these classy women. You are the poorest of the of all the housewives except for Vicky.
Speaker 3: She is successful.
Speaker 2: Okay, she says, you make it sound so tawdry. I already said that. Then she brings the divorce rate among She goes, our couples have half the divorce rate of the regular population, and Finn goes, okay, well, to get visas, they have to prove that they met before coming here, and she goes, yeah, we send the clients to Estonia, Romania, Latvia, Russia for two weeks and they meet eight girls a day.
Speaker 3: And then when they find the one they want to.
Speaker 2: Marry, we take photos, we do all the paperwork, and we send all of it to I INS and it's satisfaction. Ninety days are your money back? So she asks if Munch is interested. He goes too easy without abject suffering. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I love him, I love him. So then Finn asks, okay, well if they divorce, they can only stay for two more years. So then what happens, and she says, well, usually the girl's deported unless she left because her husband abused her. Then you know, I ins Grant's exceptions, but it rarely happens because they do intense background checks. And they go, well, no, you're lucky Ava actually didn't sue you because you you know, this hand picked hubby was a wife beater. She says, if we knew that, we would have intervened and sent her to live with her sister, Irena. Munch goes, oh, you know, but Irena, Yeah, they came over together. Fortunately IRENA's marriage is a match made in heaven. And so now we're with Irena, who's cooking, and Benson and Stable are like, what the fuck? Why didn't you tell us? She's like, I'm afraid. You know, her husband hit me once when I went to see her. So this motherfucker, like he looked like a douche. And this is maybe, like I don't know, I wasn't like this wife beater, violent man, yeah, though he doesn't respect women, but this one was.
Speaker 3: But yeah, go tea ponytail chain. I don't know why. I was surprised that.
Speaker 2: He was like this abuser and abusing the cistern all of that, but you know, abusers look like everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also wondering if it's true or if it's because what we come to later. Let's get back to it, Okay, so flog it for follow up, as my friend Lizzy always says, flag that for follow up.
Speaker 2: And yeah, like if he did hit her and the cistern, everyone, like, I feel bad for this new wife, even if he doesn't hit her, I feel bad for her.
Speaker 3: Right well, she's not in a great situation no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I feel like these SV detectives should go back and help her, like that is their job, but they like she also looked very young. I don't know. It's all very upsetting. So she says he got mad because Irena told Ava to leave him, because he beat the shit out of her and he even came close to killing her once. And so now they bring in pony Boy into the cement room bars and Stabler has the husband's file in his hand and he's like, wow, a civil sexual harassment suit filed by a former employee. And then he passes the folder to Benson, who keeps reading this, you know, all his shit out restraining orders filed by your first and second wives.
Speaker 3: So he is bad.
Speaker 2: So he says, I didn't kill Ava, and she closes the folder and stares at him.
Speaker 3: You forced her to have sex with you. That's called rape.
Speaker 2: You pulled out fistfuls of her hair and knocked her teeth out. That's a salt, he says, prove it. And they're like, lol, you think we would bring you all the way down here if we couldn't. Craigan knot and it's like you would you break the law all the time. But Craigan knocks Benson and Stabler go meet him in the spy hallway. Benson is like, damn, this is a game of clue. A diplomat, a dentist, an importer, and now this loser my favorite line, Like, I just think that's such a funny line. So then they leave pony Boy and we never find out what happens to him, but we hope that his you know, he goes to jail. So they go to Lance Reddick and He's straight up is like, these teeth do not belong to Ava.
Speaker 3: Perulas, like the the files, the teeth.
Speaker 2: Files from the dentist, and so Benson and Stabler are like, oh fuck, maybe the dentist made a mistake or and he cuts them off. He goes, no, no, no, no, the dental records didn't match, but everything else does. Son of a bitch, Irena is Ava. So we jumped to so many conclusions though. Cabin's like, okay, well I need proof that she killed Irena.
Speaker 3: It's like, why are we jumping to this?
Speaker 2: Like these women that have tried and struggled to get into this country through all of these hardships to then turn and.
Speaker 3: Kill on each other. Like what?
Speaker 2: So they're like, we have dental records and the skull is a match. Kaba goes, okay, no, we need evidence that Ava murdered her sister, and they're like, well the apartment overlooked the grave and it's like circumstantial, you guys, what don't you understand She needs a motive, she needs physical evidence.
Speaker 3: Get to fucking work.
Speaker 2: Craigan suggests, well, she didn't want to go back to Romania with her marriage and alls, so Cragan's like, yeah, but she also, you know, she didn't want to go to Romania and her marriage was annulled. And they keep like chatting, and Cabot has to talk to them like they're fit like children. I need physical evidence linking them. So they're like, come on, we've done a lot more with less chief size, and goes, fine, search the house. So they approach the house, knock, knock, knock. They opened the door and shit is thrown around. It's a mess in there. They take out their guns. A suitcase is half packed on the bed like a train ran through it, Munch says, and then they're open safes. Stuff is everywhere, and Stabler goes, damn, she took all the money she could. There is a note I'm sorry. I do love you, George. I never meant to hurt you or Julia or Irena. So they got to talk to the husband aka you know this brother in law, and so they go to him and he's like, you guys are crazy. My wife is not dead. And Benson says, we have the dental records to prove it. You're saying Irena is buried in that grave. Benson says, we're sorry, and tries to comfort him. He screams, my wife is a loving woman, a good mother, and all Ava ever cared about was herself and her money. And they're like, we went to the house, Ava is gone. She packed up her stuff and she's gone. He says, I don't believe that. They show him the note. He's like, this isn't true. Benson hands him over IRENA's crucifix. He goes, where did you get that? He's so confused. Sabler answers from the grave. It finally hits him, so he sits in the back of his work truck and he's like, when we were first married, she used to go to Mass every morning, every morning.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then she stopped three years ago and said she lost her faith. Stabler goes, okay, and then you never saw Ava again after the falling out, or do you know if I Rena saw her, Like what's going on? So Ava called said she needed money and we just had a baby and business was slow, but I Rena went over there to explain why we couldn't help out, and she didn't get back until two in the morning. He starts crying and whispers she killed her Benson's like, well did she say anything? He said no, she was sick and didn't talk, and she spent the next two weeks in bed, and so it's like, well, why would she do that? Benson goes, well, you know, we're trying to find that out, and Stablor goes, wait, where's your daughter?
Speaker 3: Fuck? I realize, but I.
Speaker 2: Do also want to say this is also another classic mail order rise situation, like you didn't notice your wife was a little different, Yeah, personality food, Like she shows like.
Speaker 3: Falling into life knowing that. Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I know she knows her sister, but even like I know their Twitter.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy that you wouldn't notice it's a different person.
Speaker 1: And eventually, like, there are people that are married to identical twins and they can tell them apart from their you know, Like so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like, yeah, you also wanted a wife that could cook and clean and do things for you. Like, yeah, he's a nice one and he didn't beat anyone, but you also didn't realize your wife was a fully different person. Yeah, but okay, so you know they rushed to the school the daughter, you know, what's up with the daughter? They burst into class. Julia runs to him and screams daddy, daddy and jumps into his arms. You know, you know he hugs are so tight. The teacher asks, is they're a problem. He goes, no, everything's fine. She's like, oh, well, you just missed your wife. Record scratch. So the wife was in here twenty minutes ago. She seemed upset, spoke to Julia and left. Stabler asks what her mom wanted and she goes, oh, to give me this, and it's a necklace with a picture inside it. She said they were going to see the puppet man today.
Speaker 3: Walt.
Speaker 2: He's nice and she's like, oh, that's mommy's friend. When we go over there, he shows me the puppet and the dad has like no idea what she's talking about. Who this puppet man is in any capacity. So they have to press her for more information and she names another friend that's there, Valentina.
Speaker 3: So they're back at home base.
Speaker 2: Finn has the scoop so Ava aka or you know, dad, I arena whatever it's Ava. She cleaned out all the accounts this morning, on top of the three hundred dollars she takes out at the last Friday every month and then all the canceled checks have her signature on them, so you know she's paying household bills.
Speaker 3: But where does the rest of the money go.
Speaker 2: So not only was like the money taken out every last Friday, there's also one phone call to euro Match every last Friday as well, and that's Valentina Bilescu's mail order bride agency. So Craigan's like, Olivia just called and said the daughter and mom met with Valentina regularly, so what the fuck is going on? So they all go back to meet with Valentina and this little man with glasses stops them in the lobby and goes, no, she's not here. You can't go in there. We're not doing anything illegal. And they're like, oh, you're the fucking puppet man, aren't you. And he's like, listen, I just take the money and I give it to Valentina.
Speaker 3: I know nothing.
Speaker 2: They're like, bro, if you took money, that makes you an accessory, So stop with the games, bitch one more time. Where is she? He spills the beans. She's at her other office. It's a some warehouse down in Chelsea. They bust in there. It's so gross. It's obviously a human trafficking holding cell brothel situation. A woman starts screaming police. They stop her and go, bitch, you're going down to if you don't tell us where Valentina is. She doesn't want to go down for pimping and kidnapping, so she points to a door and says, oh, she's in there, but she comes out before they can bust in there. She asks for a warrant and they say it's signed on a judge's desk and they cuff her. You smuggling ass, bitch, and you're under arrest for unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, and promoting prostitution. They ask where is Ava? She says, I don't have to tell you anything, but Ava's actually in the room, holding and hugging another woman, and all her cash and gold is on the table. Benson's like, wow, what is this cat four Nava just goes no, no, no, no no. They arrest her for the murder of Irena Burton. She screams, I didn't kill her. Stabler carries her away. The younger woman is screaming in fear. Benson goes like, who is this? Ava answers, my little sister. I was buying her freedom. The plot thickens even more. She's not just a gold digging whore trying to get her sister out. She's in cement room bars, but like, I actually follow this one like a Soviet Union kind of girl like me, But she came here illegally and her mom was a mail order bride, and.
Speaker 3: She posts like what her life was like, like.
Speaker 2: Being raised by a woman who only cared about like looks money, manipulating men, like all the lessons she taught her were insane and like being able to outgrow the and she was lied to, like she was taken from Russia to Hear and all her family was there. She never saw him again, but didn't say goodbye because no one filled her in. Wow, and from things I've told you, you know that that's part of my family's culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but like that sounds kind of like the episode design when the woman's just like an old digger and just like trains her daughter to like be like amoral and just like fuck people over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're totally right.
Speaker 2: It's but this girl seems like she's doing good and she's writing a book and I follow her. Yeah, yeah, So she's in cement room bars, like I didn't kill her, and Benson goes, sure, you just fully took over her identity, okay, And they're like, when the bones get identified, you got scared. You helped yourself to George and IRENA's money. You thought that would keep you going for a while. She goes, no, none of this is true. And it's like, don't you see how wild this is. Listen to her. She's clearly a victim. Benson screams, then, how did Irena end up underneath the hydranges in the back of your apartment? She says, I buried her there. Stabler's like, okay, so you buried her but didn't murder her. She goes, yeah, I came home that night. Irena was dead. She was lying on the floor, and the neighbor had his yard dug up. So I put my sister in a trash bag and I carried her down the stairs and I covered her with dirt. And they go and a caller and a leise. She says, they were mine. I buried my past with Irena. Saber's like, okay, why didn't you just call the police? Whoever killed Irena was really after me. Valentina had her sister and I had to get her out.
Speaker 3: She's scared to answer.
Speaker 2: When Benson asks that Valentina threatened her, they do the usual. If you cooperate, we can help you, she says. In my country, the police help no one. She sits down. Cab and Craigan are outside the spy window, and he's making some sense, like why would she kill one sister but risk it all to save the other one? This doesn't make sense. Finally, someone's thinking Saber's like, nobody her side could drag a body down three flights of stairs and bury her. Like what the fuck is she hiding her protecting? So let's go chat with the other sister. This sister's pissed, okay, she's had it rough. Fitn is like what wait, you didn't realize that was your sister, and she goes, I haven't seen her in years, since that bitch brought me to this hell hole. The bitch is Valentina. She's do you think about Valentina from drug? Every time we say Valentina or no.
Speaker 1: I'd like to keep it on please, Yes, it's me too, Valentina.
Speaker 3: Alkay. So she's like, what happens to Irena?
Speaker 2: And they say that Ava killed her and took her place, and she's like, no fucking way would Irena like harm anyone all? But like, there's no fucking way. So she wants to see her, but they're like, no, she's going to jail again. Clearly a victim. Why are they being so mean to this girl too? She just got dragged out of a brothel. Yeah, like she just found out her sister is dead. She's been locked in this brothel. She finally got her freedom. You raided the place. So then the girl goes, fucking Valentina did this. She promised me marriage and a new life. She went to her parties. I did everything she said. I was at the parties at Budapest and one of the men offered to marry me. So Valentina brought her to the States and got married. But that pig changed his mind, she says. And she was scared to get deported, but Valentina said she would protect her and keep her here. But instead she took her to that place and made her a whore. Then Finn, in a vest in the most non svu way, says, why didn't you say no.
Speaker 1: She's in a foreign country. This one probably has her passport. She doesn't have a dime to her name, Like who knows if she even speaks English? Why didn't you just stop and not be sexually trafficked?
Speaker 3: Why? Why? Why not?
Speaker 2: So then she says nobody says no to Valentina and she's been in this death hole for three and a half years Jesus because that, you know, the debt had to be paid off from the ex husband. So when all these men get their money back from the ninety day guarantees, then these women so they don't give a fuck like marry them, or we get your money back by pimping you out, Like yeah, fuck, because I was wondering, like why would they give money back? You know that's not that doesn't sound like yeah legal euro matched vibes. So yeah, she had to pay her back for her losses. Then he asks, well why didn't she run away? And I'm like, Finn, are you kidding me? But this is season two and he hasn't learned yet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And like this is his first season.
Speaker 2: She's just domaining and so and he is a little not backwards, but like he comes in with outdated ideas even though he's a poor an addict.
Speaker 3: So but you know this girl does answers.
Speaker 2: She goes, I didn't run away because Valentina said they would kill my sisters if like I went back to Romania or did anything. So now we're with Valentina and she asks Cabot when can I leave? And they're like, bitch, you're going to rikers. She responds, I can make bail. Cabot goes, oh, don't count on it. Judges usually don't send accused killers home. She asks, well, who did I kill? And it's like, okay, bitch, you know you know what's up. Accessory to murder of Irena, she says she is not a killer. I bring American the brides they want. Cabbitt goes, you mean the women you kidnap. She's delusional and things. She brought these women to get married and have a better life. I sheltered them after their husband's divorced them. And Cabot goes, sure, and then you force them into prostitution. So she says, you can't prove anything. What innocent person says that proven proven. That's a guilty person. Cabot's like, listen, Ava was gonna talk, but you killed the wrong sister, so who helped you? Valentina looks Stern and then rolls her eyes and goes, just give me my lawyer now.
Speaker 3: So Cabot has to walk out with nothing.
Speaker 2: Sailor then also tells Craig and the update, Ava's acting more like a victim than a purp. I'm like, honestly at my wits end with these detectives. So Gabbit goes, listen, they're both scared of someone. Who are they scared of? So they say let's search her shit, like, let's figure this out. So they asked to bring in George Burton, her husband. Maybe that that'll help her, you know. Meanwhile, Munch is talking to the glasses man employee at euro Match and he's acting scared and has no idea about the whore house, books nothing, and they threaten him with charges.
Speaker 3: He goes, murder, I'm just a clerk.
Speaker 2: And they keep pushing like who is Valentina's partner and you know he doesn't know, he doesn't know. Finn goes, okay, fine, all the friends that come in and out, like, are there some friends that hang out more than others?
Speaker 3: And it finally clicks for him.
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, yeah, there's an old man in a suit that comes in a couple times a week, and you know, they have the same accent, and they would lock themselves in the office, and so they he lets them into the office, which is great.
Speaker 3: So they go into the office.
Speaker 2: Craigan and Cabot meet in the middle of the precinct with Stabler and Benson and Valentina's silent partner is the orchid guy, the Romanian Deputy Chief of Mission, Rosvin Toscu.
Speaker 3: Orchid guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, glasses guy. So it's you know, but diplomatic shit. You know, they all have immunity. But George Burton is willing to play and he's just really sad and he's heartbroken. So Saba brings him to the window and Ava's sitting on the other side and they're talking and he's like, damn, there's another sister. Where did you find her? And they're like, honey, it's a wild story. And he's like, why wouldn't she tell me? And Sailor's like, well, you know, maybe to protect you. So George walks in and he goes, hey, you know, Ava, it's me. She gets up slowly. I didn't expect you to come. He goes, you shared my bed for three years and you raised my daughter and it was a lie and Ava was like Irina was dead, she would have wanted this. He does not like that. He starts getting aggressive, you know about the Toscu guy, and she says, if he finds out, he's going to kill you like he killed Irena. She threatened to tell the police about him if he didn't let Ksana go.
Speaker 3: That's the sister.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we all think about Oksana bay Yule rats to her winning the gold medal in the nineties. So I remember losing my mind at our house when she when she won.
Speaker 1: I remember my dad telling me the girl who's gonna win the Olympics is a girl named Naksana by Yule, and I went, I've never even heard of that person, dad, And then she fucking won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, you know, they wanted Nancy Kerrigan to win. But yeah, little Luxana came out. She had like such stiff puffy bangs, so crazy, so little.
Speaker 3: They're all so little.
Speaker 2: Because I think about Tara Lipinski's tiny Sasha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sasha Cone won the gold like all of them. Yeah, you gotta really fly yourself up there in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually today it's in spin class. I was watching a woman in the front, and I go, you're such as Tanya Harding. I go, you're so strong, you're riding so hard. You look she looks, you.
Speaker 3: Look wild, lady, get some get some class. That's it.
Speaker 2: But I didn't think. I go, yeah, you're the winner of this class. But you look insane.
Speaker 1: You're like I could tell your mom sewed your soul Cycle outfit together.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because I love Tanya Harding's outfits. Okay, so anyways, back to reality. This Suksana is not an unfortunately Olympic gold ice skater. So basically Ava was saying she saw him. There's a witness now, So she saw him outside her apartment building. He left something next to the trash in a plastic bag, and inside, when she looked, she found her sister. So she put on her wedding rings and buried her. And now she sits down and she says that this motherfucker raped her and made her wear the collar. He did to her what he used to do to me. He yells, how did you let that happen? And she yells back, I wasn't there, and then she starts crying and she goes, I couldn't stop him full tears, you know, big vein in the forehead and through her tears, she said, And Irena never told him it wasn't me. You know she could have yah, but I bet he would have just killed both of them, right. Yeah, he wants to know why he wasn't told. Well, because I'm also wondering if the sisters was really mad at Ava all this time, or like she obviously knew she was making money to buy their other sister. Yeah, so, like was she lying to George. It's just a little bit confusing. But I don't trust George. He used mail order bride services. Sorry, don't trust you. So he wants to know why he wasn't told, and she's like, listen, if they thought I was dead, I knew we were safe. All the men, all the jewelry, the money I took from you. All I wanted was to get Uksana out. I'm so sorry, he says, you're sorry. She ugly cries. He says sorry, won't bring Irena back. She nuzzles him and begs please. He pushes her off of him. How could you live with yourself? And he walks out of the room and slams the door.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't like I don't like him. Yeah, Like, do you not see that? This was difficult?
Speaker 1: I remember feeling so bad for him when I first watched the episode, though, Like I was like, he's been sleeping with like a stranger for three years. But again, notice it's like you didn't notice, Like yeah, he walks out of the spy room and closes the door.
Speaker 2: Kaba asks the crew if they believe her, and they're like, listen, maybe she would lie to us, but she's not lying to him. So she's the only one that could put away this dude as a witness. And Craigan's like, Eve, you know, even if there's a tape of him doing it, he's a diplomat, we can't touch him. Benson goes, Alex, there's got to be something you can do. So she goes to run chat with a friend. I feel like they had kind of chemistry and I bet their fuck buddy energy thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 1: I think we think that about like any guy that Alex is like, oh my old friend from law school. We're like, you guys fucked right, Like she's just so hot. These guys all wanted to I'm sure even if it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: And she's sex positive.
Speaker 2: So she's doing a walk and talk on a super busy street and they're passing Seventieth Street and there's like steam behind them. It's like really kind of silly, classic New York, like a cartoon of a busy city cones everywhere. She's like, I need help from the State's apartment. He goes, Babe, it's nearly impossible to convince a nation to wave diplomatic community. And she's like, well, Russia' set precedent with the Republic of Georgia on a drunk driving case in DC and YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: I can't get into another case. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: So they talk business and she says, well, listen, I want to put away a murderer.
Speaker 3: He has an idea. It's a long shot, but let's try it.
Speaker 2: So they go talk to the Orchid creep and a man with a suit who can wave immunity. So they bring out all the accusations. He's offended by these insults and baseless accusations. They bring out the bones photo so they're like, we know what he did to this woman from your country. He grabs a photo, goes let me see that. He says tragic. He leans back, do you think I'm responsible? And they're like, yeah, bitch, we have a witness. Oh yeah, her sister of a perulis right. And in my head it's like, how do you know that? Did you think he killed Ava? Did they already tell him there's like switched twins?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So that means he knows, Like, if he knows who did it, he's the killer. But maybe I'm missing something here. So the suit guy with him says, well, without hardcore evidence, we can't do anything, and then the orchid guy folds his arm and says, you have nothing but the word from criminals and of a woman who buried her sister in a shallow grave. Cabot is pissed, but her friend is like, chill out, chill out, I got this.
Speaker 3: He leans in.
Speaker 2: He says they're leaving them with no alternative, and the government has authorized him to make this dude persona non grata. He has forty eight hours to leave the United States. Cabot's back at SVU and Stabler's pissed, so he walks. She says she didn't know that her friend was going to do that, and Cabot's like, well, at least it brought us some time. Cragan's interested, but what do you want us to do? Like, what do you need from us? Alex like, we'll do whatever and something. She goes something more than Ava Perulus's words. Stabler goes, there's nothing else. Cabot goes, well, that's what we need. Cragan says, go back to the physical evidence, go back to the bones.
Speaker 3: So I trust. So it's so funny.
Speaker 2: So they have a Chinese food meeting, which is my favorite type of solving that they do, and the Emmy papers and they're rifling through samples and they did find samples in her panties that were sent to forensic geologists, but the results aren't back till next week. No, so they run to a lab tech and they say, dance for us, bitch. So one of the samples we're not consistent with the place that was found, and he's gonna check tomorrow what that all is. But basically whatever was found was not native to this yard. And they go, you're not waiting till tomorrow, you need to test it now. So Benson and Stabler are at the Romanian official building waiting for his ass and his bags are packed, his drivers carrying them out, and behind him is the creep and he's running out and he goes, oh, good morning. You guys here to send me off. Cocky, cocky. They say you're not getting away with this. He says, I'll send you a card for my next post. I hope it's a warmer climate, and he walks away. Stabler stops him and arrests him. He screams out about you know, diplomatic immunity, and it goes no, no, no, you're going down for the murder of Irena Burton. Benson reminds him he doesn't have immunity anymore as of that morning. Stabler says, the government doesn't appreciate your sideline business as a murderer and a pimp, and they cut you loose. He says, you have no evidence. In a panic, they say, sure, we do. Two little grains of pollen belonging to the ginghis Firmin Lambau. He asks, my orchids, you know they betrayed him, and they go, yep, we found it on IRENA's clothing.
Speaker 3: You should have washed your hands.
Speaker 2: So he's being thrown in the back of the car and now we're at right away.
Speaker 3: I love the drama, I really do.
Speaker 1: But what are we proving here that this is the only man that owns orchands in New York City.
Speaker 3: No, but he bred them. He bred that one, he bread that specific Organd yes.
Speaker 2: He bred those orchids in his office. He made them. Oh, oh, that's what he was bragging about.
Speaker 3: And shut your fucking mouth about your orchids, dummy.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's kind of like the mushroom guy from Wet Sorry, It's like, yeah, you made these potions, Like we know it's you. So George's there with Julia and then you know, he walks away, Aksana walks away, and you know, finally we get to have IRENA's funeral. George does say thank you, and they say thank us. When he's convicted, they say, damn, this really could have gone on forever, Like she could have just lived as Irena for a long time if these bones weren't found. Benson goes, Yep, if it hadn't been for the bones bones, Ava's standing there at the gravesite, Irena can finally rest in peace.
Speaker 3: She is sobbing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a lot of pain that she has gone through and they walk away from her slowly, and you know that's a dick wolf baby.
Speaker 3: They just leave her crying. They couldn't even give her a pat on the back. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So and like what was her plan? I wonder, like after she got after she freed Oksana, was she gonna stay married to this guy and keep up the ruse or like maybe finally tell him or like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's her niece and she could probably just pretend to her sister too.
Speaker 3: Her sister hasn't seen them in years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I feel so bad for the little girl because it's like, your mom's dead, but like the woman you've been thinking here is your mom for most of the life that you've created memories is alive.
Speaker 3: But you know how it is mad at her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, Well we have a couple of fucked up cases, so let's jump right in. So the first case that I want to talk about is the Raina Marokein case. Raina Angelica Marokeine was a Salvadoran woman who immigrated to the New York area in nineteen sixty six after a failed marriage, telling her family she was going to be somebody, and for three years She worked as a nanny as well as assembling plastic flowers at Melrose Plastics on East on East thirty fourth Street in Manhattan, and she wrote to her family all the time. Rada studied English and fashion, and she took citizenship classes. Her friend said she loved the United States. She was fascinated by New York. You know, she's like living a great life. In nineteen sixty nine, the letters to her family stopped and Rena basically disappeared. She was twenty seven years old. Her family put ads in the paper, but eventually they just like came to terms with the fact that they were like never going to find out what happened to Arna. Thirty years later, fast forward to September of nineteen ninety nine, a guy named Hamid Tafagodie had just bought a house in Jericho, New York, on Long Island, and he found unlike, instead of the hydrangea bushes or whatever with the skeleton, they find a rusted fifty five gallon drum weighing three hundred and forty five pounds, which is giving me, giving me dexter barrel. Girl vibes all the way and it's in a crawl space under the house, and he wants the cellar, this guy Ronald Cohen.
Speaker 3: To remove it.
Speaker 1: So then they get garbage men to come in there. They refuse to touch it. They're worried that it's got toxic chemicals inside because it's like a die barrel. It's like a barrel that you used to hold die. So then the guy Cohen who's the cellar of the house and his reeltor ended up prying off the top of the barrel and they see a hand and they immediately show they immediately call the police. So inside the drum is Raina's body. She had been nine months pregnant and the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.
Speaker 3: The drum was.
Speaker 1: Also filled with polystyrene pellets two rings. One was inscribed mhr. We never really get to the bottom of that. A locket inscribed to patrece love uncle Phil, we don't get to the bottom of that green dye. And then an artificial a plastic artificial plant stem if you'll remember she worked at a plastic flower factory. And an address book. Now, some of the address book could actually be read by the naked eye. It was actually not in thirty years it had not fully, like you know, deteriorated to the point of iligibility, but a lot of it could also be read under the special lighting that we've seen them do on SVU before. And they were able to make out a permanent residence card with Reina's name on it, so they were able to confirm that it was Reina. The drum itself was made to transport die like I said, and it had been shipped to Melrose Plastics, where Reina worked and done done, where a prominent businessman, Howard b Elkins was the principal owner.
Speaker 3: What else did Howard be Elkins own once upon a time.
Speaker 1: The house in Jericho where the barrel was found, so he had not lived in the house for decades. More people, three, I believe three or four other homeowners lived in this house. A couple of them were like, yeah, we saw the barrel. It was too heavy to move. We just didn't fuck with it. They just lived with the barrel in the crawl space. Another thing that they found in the address book was the phone number of Kathy Andreid, who had been Rena's friend. She told the police that Rena was having an affair with Elkins, who was the owner of the plastic flower factory where she worked. When she became pregnant, Elkins got her an apartment in Hoboken, New Jersey, got her a private doctor was kind of taking care of things on the side, and she kept expecting.
Speaker 3: He was going to leave his wife.
Speaker 2: And TikTok, you know, she is so many parts of the episode are in this already.
Speaker 3: I know, kind of in all the little moment. It's really wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like even paying for the private doctor and the apartment kind of feels like what the doctor was doing for his you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she was like, TikTok, bro, what are you leaving your wife? And like time goes on and she's almost nine months pregnant and she's had enough. So she calls his house and she tells his wife, Ruth, about the affair. Then she called her friend Kathy, and as Kathy told CBS quote, she said, he's going to kill me. I said, no, just calm down, nothing's going to happen. Nobody's going to kill you. She said, yes, yes, he says he's going to kill me. So Kathy said, she rushed to her friend's apartment and Hoboken and that's when she got nervous. The door was open, warm food is on the stove. It's the middle of winter, but Kathy says rain as winter coat is still there, her purse, her gloves, her boots.
Speaker 3: But she's nowhere to be found.
Speaker 1: Kathy said she waited for around four hours, then went to the police, another instance of the police not giving an actual fuck that she couldn't file a missing person's report because she's not a relative, and they were like, Babe, she probably just ran off with a boyfriend or something like, we can't file anything. You're gonna have to check back in a few days. Kathy never followed up, and she was like her only friend and connection, And it seemed like like previous to living in the Hoboken apartment, she'd just been living at like boarding houses that run by churches or whatever, you know. So I think she was kind of like a loner and had, you know, just moved to the country.
Speaker 3: So Kathy just honestly like let.
Speaker 1: It fade from her memory until nineteen ninety nine when she was contacted and the body was found.
Speaker 3: I'm a little sessed about Kathy, Like.
Speaker 1: A year later, you weren't like whatever happened to Rena my nine month pregnant friend who disappeared, like maybe it was one of those things where she kind of knew something suspicious must have happened.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to get implicated.
Speaker 1: But meanwhile, Elkins, who had sold Melrose plastics in nineteen seventy two, moved to Boca Raton with his wife. He's also the father of three kids, but I can't find out whether they were born like pre or post the murder, so I just know that they exist. It was at his retirement home in a condominium community where he was interrogated by Nassau County homicide investigators on September ninth, a week after the body had been discovered. Detective Sergeant Robert Edwards, who was a Deputy chief of the NASA County Homicide Squad, questioned Elkins, with a partner for an hour and a half. At first, they said he would just kind of stare at them when they ask questions and deny any knowledge, like he didn't know anything about the barrel. He couldn't explain why his name was in her address book that was found in the barrel, he said. Eventually, Elkins admitted to having a relationship with a young woman at Melrose Plastics. He didn't give her name, didn't give a description of her, and didn't even specify the kind of relationship that they had. So Sergeant Elkins also said that when they asked for a DNA swab of his mouth, he declined and police told him that they because they police told him we planned to compare this with the tissue from the fetus, and he also asked the police after he declined the swab, he was like, Okay, can you guys leave before my wife comes home because I'm going to need to discuss this with her as well as quote unquote other sensitive issues. So they left, telling him they'd be back the following day with a court order for his DNA.
Speaker 3: He was not taken into custody.
Speaker 1: Edwards later said that they didn't really consider him a flight risk because he's a seventy one year old man.
Speaker 3: It's that old.
Speaker 1: Seventy one year old people can still take airplanes places. The next day, September tenth, Edwards was enlisting the help of local Florida Police department when he got the news. Elkins had gone to a Walmart, a neighborhood Walmart, bought a shotgun and had taken his life in the back of a sport explorer at a friend's house in Boca Raton at the age of seventy one. He was This was twenty hours after police questioned him. So there's kind of no doubt in my mind this guy is responsible for this crime. His neighbors in Boca were shocked to hear that he was involved in the crime. One neighbor told the New York Post quote, Howard was very active in the community, very much in this social scene. Like a lot of the articles described him as like jovial and like charming.
Speaker 2: Well, it gives me a lot of attitude when you get away with murder, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And the New York Post also reported, which is barely to ever be believed, but they also reported that Rena was often seen at the Melrose Plastics factory with a toddler who was widely believed to have been fathered by Elkins. And that's a child who would be fifty six or fifty seven today. But the only source I can find that in is the New York Post. So I think it's either wrong or maybe somebody saw her with like one of the children she was nannying at the place, but like there's no proof that there's like where would that kid be, like if he killed both, you know, like where is that kid like just wandering around the earth. So investigators think that what happened is Elkins either took Raina from her apartment or lured her to the factory somehow, but probably took her if she wasn't wearing a jacket or boots or anything in the or taking a purse with her, and killed her put her body in the barrel. Detective Edwards said to CBS, there's no doubt in my mind that he's the one that killed this woman. Then he brought the barrel home with him because they thought he had plans to eventually throw it off of his boat into the ocean. But after he filled it with all the polystyrene pellets, it was too heavy for him to even lift. It was three hundred and forty five pounds, so he just shoved it into the crawl space and left it there. And I'm wondering if it mummified pretty quickly before it could smell, because it was the winter, you know, like because it was winter, maybe like it she like, because I don't know, there wasn't like any nobody complained that there was like a smell coming from one of maybe barrels keep that kind of smelling. Who fucking knows. In January of two thousand, DNA results and did confirm that Elkins was the father of the baby. So her remains were flown back to ourselves. It's also the family did get some closure.
Speaker 2: Your wife already knows that you cheated on her, why do you have to kill this girl.
Speaker 1: The other thing is him taking his own life was actually probably uh because like I think even the investigator who did the case was like, we probably they could not have convicted him in court because just because he's the father of the baby, there is no proof he killed her, like that is kind of circumstanced.
Speaker 3: In his house. The barrel was in his old house. That's true.
Speaker 1: But one article I was reading was like, we might not even been able to get him in court, and I was like, yeah, the body was found on your own property, like it does feel, but maybe there's reasonable doubt maybe the wife did it, you know, like if you can't prove, like who knows, who fucking knows. But her family was able to get closure finally, and then her body was like her mother was like ninety five years old, like waiting for her to come back to El Salvador, and like so she before she died was able to get that closure. There's another case, and it's a wild one as well. So July first, nineteen ninety seven, Oakland, California firefighters arrived at the home of Stevie Allman, fifty two. That's a woman, even though the name is Stevie, which is a blaze Okay, the house is on fire big time. Stevie is an anti drug crusader and claimed that drug dealers had thrown molotov cocktails into her house in an attempt to kill her. Greg Hughes, a former Oakland police sergeant, told Oxygen that Stevie was quote filming dope deals and prostitution, and she wanted to put an end to it end quote okay. Her sister, Sarah Mitchell, five years younger at age forty seven, also lived in the home, but Stevie said, oh, Sarah was scared of all this drug dealer retaliation and she's fled to Nevada with her boyfriend. The two sisters had grown up in this house with seven other siblings. Their dad had walked out on them, and Stevie had really helped raise all the younger kids, and even though there was a five year age gap. A lot of people confused Stevie and Sarah for twins. They looked a lot alike, but Sarah struggled. She had a history of theft, prostitution, drug abuse, and by her thirty she was divorced with three young kids. And it sounds like she kind of went from like man to man like she fell in love very easily.
Speaker 3: It never worked out.
Speaker 1: She always ended up back home with her mom and Stevie, and then when their mom passed away, she left the house to her kids, and Stevie bought out all the other siblings and became sole owner of the house.
Speaker 3: You know, sto my goddamn house.
Speaker 1: You know, very uh Kim and Kyle Richards, But Stevie owned the house and she let Sarah keep living there. So the story of a woman and attacked by drug dealers kind of spread and people were angry that this woman who had tried to like valiantly protect her community was now being violently attacked. And they were like, crime is destroying the city. You know, there's that narrative all the time. People sent thousands of dollars in donations to Stevie. And what I read was she even got a call from the White House. I don't know if that means that, like a secretary called her from the White House or a president a vice.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, but somebody called her from the White House.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the authorities are investigating and they're finding some weird stuff. They're like, first of all, all the drug dealers deny knowing about this fire. None of them even like know who Stevie is. They don't even know anything about the videos being taken. Then they start to notice inaccurate inaccuracies in her story, like the way that the glass was broken was like opposite of how a Molotov cocktail would be thrown in, So like, what's going on? Then Leotta Belleville, Stevie and Sarah's sister filed a missing person's report for Stevie and they told they told her, oh, no, Stevie's in the hospital, and she's like, naw doog, that's Sarah in the hospital.
Speaker 3: And Leata said that Stevie was.
Speaker 1: Not the kind of person to be an anti drug crusader, she would have just minded her own business and looked the other way. She's like, I know Stevie would not be getting involved in people's business, and people want to fucking get handies in the car. I'm not fucking with that. So Leata is like, something is up here. So eventually Leatta talked to Sarah, who told her, Oh, no, I'm just posing as Stevie because I don't have insurance right now, and like I need them to pay for my injuries from the fire or for like whatever the house. I don't even know. I don't have insurance. So then she's like, well, so where is Stevie? And they ask Sarah and Sarah goes, oh, she's in like Tahoe. No, wait, she's in Reno. So Leata is concerned. She's like, my sister is like lying about where Stevie is. So she knew things had gotten tense between the sisters, like Stevie was annoyed that Sarah was lazy, didn't work, like lived rent free in the house. Stevie was also considering moving away from Oakland, which panicked Sarah was like, what where does that leave me?
Speaker 3: Like where am I going to go?
Speaker 1: So they bring in Sarah and she's still claiming to be Stevie and she's like no, no, no, Leonta was just having a kooky night, like she knows I'm Stevie.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, okay, cool, can we see ID?
Speaker 1: And she not twins right, no five year age difference, but look a lot alike. So she has IDs in her wallet for both Sarah and Stevie. So then they fingerprint her and confirm she's Sarah. She has a record, like you know, they have her prints on file, so they arrest her for forgery and providing a false ID. But now where the hell is Stevie? They go look into Stevie. Her bank accounts have been drained, okay. When they get security footage from the bank, they can see it's Sarah making the transactions to take out all this money. They search her house for clues, and that's where they find Done Done, Stevie's dismembered body in the freezer. They discovered, based on forensic evidence, that Stevie had been killed in her bedroom and then dismembered in the bathroom. So on July t twenty third, like three weeks after this fire of nineteen ninety seven, Sarah is charged with Stevie's murder. The trial begins in November of two thousand, which it just goes to show you the hilarious quickness of this of these episodes of SVU, like, her trial doesn't happen for three fucking years. Prosecutors argued that on June thirtieth, the day before the fire bombing, Sarah walked into Stevie's bedroom, bludgeoned her to death while she slept, then brought her into the bathroom and chopped her into pieces. So this did not This trial did not last very long. She was found guilty at first Yew murder. This is interesting. I don't know if this is a California thing. I don't think California does the death penalty anymore, but at this time I guess there was some kind of thing where she could have been eligible for death by lethal injection because she profited financially from the death, which is a weird thing that they clause or whatever.
Speaker 3: I think. Now it's gone.
Speaker 1: But her family, though, spoke at the trial and asked for mercy for her when it came to the death penalty. They said they'd already been through enough pain. They didn't want to lose another sister, so she was eventually sentenced to life in prison without parole. And that is the story of.
Speaker 3: Stevie sucks. So this like Sarah fucking Stevie Ollman and Sarah Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just was lazy, didn't want to pay for stuff and decided I'm gonna kill my sister.
Speaker 3: Psycho.
Speaker 2: You're being chopped apart by her sister in the middle of the night in her bed.
Speaker 3: Hugh, I know these two are fucked.
Speaker 1: Both these crimes, I know, and I had never heard of either of them, and like, honestly, both of them, both of them kind of even though the crime happened in the sixties, the discovery of the body was in the late nineties, like two years before this episode aired. And then same with the ninety seven is when this doll stuff, this Sarah and Stevie stuff happened.
Speaker 3: So this would be a good movie, honestly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the movie with Jack Black where his mother's and the freezer Orange County?
Speaker 3: Oh? In the freezer? Oh, Bernie, Bernie. Yeah, we've talked about this movie.
Speaker 2: When I first saw that movie in the movie theater, I remember not good it And now it's like one of my favors.
Speaker 3: I do a rewatch over Fears. Yeah, I think I need to rewatch it. When I watched it, I was like, what's happening? But I liked it. It was like quirky. I remember that my mom. But that's a good movie to remember.
Speaker 2: If Jack Black shows up in cinema Trix, Oh yeah, okay, these are sad. I do think this would be a fun movie. Yeah. Yeah, the barrel is sad. You just have a barrel and you has no one seen Dexter at this point. Clearly, I'm not letting a loose barrel in my house. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: So like, but it's also like what you were saying Aboutana Reina, Like what is your point of killing her? Your wife knows now, Like I guess, well he's a killer. You don't want to with the child, like but you've but you've been keeping her in an apartment. Why don't you or when she first told you that she was pregnant or whatever, if that was Oh, it's control.
Speaker 2: He likes the idea of her being there pregnant, having his kid with his factory.
Speaker 3: But once she like, but I don't know why she uh, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's fucked anyway, no guests today, so we can just dive right into our postmart. I'm talking about this wild episode and the crimes, all right, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know this episode so wild.
Speaker 1: It is one of my favorites, but I don't know that there's a big post mortem takeaway of like what did we learn? Don't kill your sister and steal her identity, you know, don't. Honestly, I would say, human, if anyone wants to bring you to another country, they're gonna entrap you.
Speaker 2: We gotta side. I know people are desperate. Life is hard. We want freedoms, we want money, we want to help, but they are gonna They're gonna traffic you. Like, no one's just bringing you to a Marria from the goodness of their heart unless it's me. If you find me and where in Romania together, you can trust me, I will, I will get you in. But yeah, I just we got but I understand the desperation, but we got no no one's no one's doing it for fun, like and if if it's your money back guarantee, of course you're gonna be indebted. Yeah, I was wondering. I mean, this episode scary but also men, you should notice if your wife is swapped out for another human being, even if they look identical, Like you're married to this woman and she's the bitch. Like, that's what's shocking to me. She tricked you. You didn't realize it wasn't your dear wife for three years. Yet she's the bitch. I know, Like, did they make a different noise as you fucked? Like I don't even understand.
Speaker 1: Like they also sounded like such different people, Like nothing ever slipped. She was like, let's go to Atlantic City and gamble, like there was nothing ever.
Speaker 3: Like one girl was like a party animal. The other one, well, she wasn't.
Speaker 2: She was trying to just get her sister out. I mean, that's what we learned at the end of it. All is like that, oh, that wasn't about the nightlife. It was about conning men for money to buy her sister out of human trafficking.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if that's the case, then why would the good sister not have just like explain that to the husband, like, oh, by the way, our other sister is like being held and that's why she goes around dating and all this. She's trying to get him out dat do you want to contribute some money to it? Like do you want to help me get my sister out? Like well, I think.
Speaker 2: It's like they didn't want to implicate them because then what if they were killed? But also he must know he used the service.
Speaker 1: Yes, he used a service and was one of the good guys. I guess, like the show guy, he didn't realize there was a body swap, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean. I just feel like.
Speaker 1: Good guys, I'm using good guys is a very low bar, Like he's not a Slee's ball with a pool table telling his wife to like bring service, like you know, bring things to the cops.
Speaker 2: But he also still wanted a traditional wife. I mean, at the end of the day, she's cooking and cleaning and raising a child. Like it is a conditional it's a conditional relationship on the.
Speaker 3: Things that you do.
Speaker 1: And how quick do you think that guy's gonna be back on some other service being like I need help get me away. I can't raise this daughter on my own and I just kicked up her aunt out of our lives, so somebody helped me quick. He's on something, He's on another, but then it's on Romanian mingle dot com or something.
Speaker 2: But like, I also want this aunt to be able the aunt, the two girls women to be able to see their niece. Like, I hope this fucker doesn't keep the niece away. But imagine how confusing.
Speaker 1: Imagine how confusing for her like to be like, this is your aunt, your mom died, And then you're like, but mom, Like this is the person I've been calling mom for the entire time I've been able to create memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the dad should get over himself and next time, maybe don't buy a wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe start dating your your sister in law and see what happened.
Speaker 3: He just was awful.
Speaker 2: It's like you know about their orphanages and abuse and the trafficking and everything, and you're still just like, how do you live with yourself?
Speaker 3: And it's like she clearly lives with a lot of guilt, sir.
Speaker 1: Everything she's done, Yes, everything she's done has been for her family.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I also hated the detectives. They were so against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I also love an episode where a rare orchid is.
Speaker 3: What brings down the perp, Like that's that's we got.
Speaker 1: We got a botany expert on the staff, like, I love this, I love our kids. They're they're a high maintenance flower, true, and I don't even think they're that pretty, like it must just be like a floral community thing. Like they're fine, but I wouldn't do all that effort for them. I don't get it. Too many sticks, not enough blooms. Yes, absolutely they are, like I think they are like a fancy gift like I've been I my parents have received them. In it it's always like ooh, you know, but then it is a lot of fucking work anyways, should we get into our mind? I just think they're over blown.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, except these these orchids look like monkeys.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 1: I like that there's a there's a corpse flower blooming at the Huntington Garden soon. Do you know about those? No?
Speaker 3: I only know. Is it the one that like that's a flag trap one? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The corpse flower is like this big. There's one at the Huntington Garden and it's like supposed to bloom like any day.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Again, this is time machine, so maybe it we'll have already bloomed. But when they bloom, apparently it smells like absolute shit. But they're beautiful, and it looks, it looks. It happens very quickly, like people are buying. I think people are buying tickets to see it. Oh and it only okay, it only blooms every seven years, so I guess that's why it's a big, a big deal.
Speaker 3: That's why it's a big deal. So well, I'm looking at this thing.
Speaker 2: And what's cool about this stinky flower that it smells different to everyone.
Speaker 3: It's like sele.
Speaker 2: So to some people smells like stinky cheese or boiled cabbage. Not bad, to some as garlic. I wouldn't hate that. But then then it gets dark. Then it's rotting fish for some, sweaty socks for others. And then to some it's actually a sweet flower stunt, so that's cool. And it smells to a tract nighttime pollinators like flesh flies, carrion beetles, and sweet bees sweat bees. What needs to get those nasty, nasty insects out there so that they can spread out their seed?
Speaker 3: Really kinky situation. I'll be on.
Speaker 2: Oh there's listen, there's a corpse flower merch shop. I'm clicking it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, okay, let's move on to our what would Sister Peg do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we direct you to a a article, an organization, something that gives you more information about what we talked about in today's episode. But let's be honest, like today's episode about you know, killing twin sisters and being killed by Romanian diplomats and stuff, it like really did not to me have a clear angle for charity as we like to lean and what would Sister Peg do? And so I decided that since this episode's coming out July thirtieth, which is back to school time is upon us. I hate to say it, I wanted to direct you guys towards our instagram where we are helping teachers clear their lists.
Speaker 3: So if you don't know.
Speaker 1: About this, teachers in a lot of the United States don't have enough money to buy supplies for their classrooms, are not given or not budgeted that and so they are expected to not expected. But I think if they want to have a productive school year, they oftentimes buy things out of their own pockets, and many of them create a wish list on Amazon and anybody can go in and just buy something quickly. It gets automatically shipped anonymously, or you know, you can put a note but like you don't find out where they live to them, and then we can help people clear their lists and get these kids to stuff that they need. We have so many teacher listeners and so we've been doing this the last couple of summers. So if you go to our Instagram, you'll see a highlight that's called teachers with an exclamation point and start at the beginning, and that shows you exactly how to share your list in a way that we can share it. You need to have a public profile, you need to share the link and tag us, and then we will share it. And then if you're a listener and you have a few extra books, just go to one of these lists in our story that in the highlight that's where we're saving all of them. You can click on the link and just go through. Even if you can only afford like a pack of post its or thumb tacks or something, I think they would appreciate any little amount.
Speaker 3: And we've gotten a lot.
Speaker 1: Of appreciative messages from teachers in the past that you guys have been awesome with helping with this, So thank you.
Speaker 3: In advance and that's that's that. Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: And next week, I'm not saying this episode Shiraza Haza, you have to do it.
Speaker 3: I'm not fucking okay.
Speaker 1: Next week we are doing the episode Shaharazad from season eight, episode ten. You know, it's one of Liza's Lee's favorites, so I think it's worth tuning in just for Lisa's reaction to it.
Speaker 3: It's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: And that's all. We love you guys, We'll see you next week. That's all, folks.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's messed uppod at gmail dot com. Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese. As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to our.
Speaker 1: Mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner and to.
Speaker 2: Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media, down the Time,