Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frisco, and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, April third, twenty twenty five, and we are twenty one days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Thirty visits are underway. Dallas Day is underway. There's a lot going on around the Star in Frisco, including trades. We got a little bit of trade breaking news as of a couple hours ago that does involve draft picks and involves a need that you might have used a draft pick on as well. We've got Nick Harris, Brian brought us, Bobby Belt with Chris Beam, and the Backclatcher with us here on this Thursday.
Speaker 3: Let's get after it.
Speaker 2: Milton the Third is now a Dallas Cowboy, former Tennessee Vall sixth round pick last year in the twenty twenty four draft. Big arm, big bodied type of guy, somebody that Dallas had some interest in in the draft. Last year, but ultimately didn't pull the trigger. They pulled the trigger here. They send a fifth round pick to New England and they receive Joe Milton and a seventh round pick, so they just swapped fifth to seventh. They pick up a backup quarterback Brian which fills a need at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you watch Joe Milton play, and I had him watched. I watched the Buffalo game this morning with him and trying to get some other stuff on him. This guy will move around the pocket and he's got the arm talent. It's clearly that's something that he is when you watch him play, and they gave me played against was the Patriots first, the Buffalo Bills, and he does a really good job of stepping into his throas. He didn't look overwhelmed in this football game. You know, there were times when they brought pressure on him and he was able to navigate in the pocket, step up, make a throw. He had a really nice throw of getting outside the pocket. A couple of them we threw back in the middle. He made one of those throws you.
Speaker 3: Go no, no, no, and then you go yes yes yes kind of a throw.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you're you're talking about a guy that when you watch him just in that that start that he was he made getting from the first uh first read to the second read. If he had to move or slide a little bit, he was able to do that. If he had to run, he was able to do that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Buffalo kind of tried to bring some pressure on him and he was able to stand in there and make some throws.
Speaker 3: So you know, when you're when.
Speaker 4: You're talking about a guy throwing the ball in the teeth of a rush, I think that's an encouraging sign right there. So and you see him making some good throws off play action stuff, so you know, for making the one start, and you need to go back and look at all the preseason stuff as well.
Speaker 3: But I think you have to be encouraged.
Speaker 4: I you know, and talking to some people in New England, they I don't think they really wanted to trade this guy.
Speaker 3: I really don't. And I think what happened.
Speaker 4: Was that, uh that with the new coaching staff comes in, you're in a situation where maybe they want to go a different direction. Front office is like, okay, we'll do it, you know, but it was pretty consistent that it was going to be a fifth round pick. You have some swaps with the seven and stuff like that, and and all that.
Speaker 3: But you know, overall, though, if you're.
Speaker 4: To me, I look at Joe Milton as a better prospect than what I'm looking at in Day three with some of these quarterbacks that are down the line. So I see why Dallas made this move.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he already has a preseason in his back pocket, and he has one game from the season finale last year in his back pocket. He didn't start that game, drink May got one drive, but he finished it and he beat the Bills backups.
Speaker 6: When New England.
Speaker 5: Went out and signed Joshua Dobbs, that was kind of the indication around the league that like, hey, this guy's going to be on the trade market.
Speaker 6: You know it, Come at us with what you got.
Speaker 5: There are four or five teams that were interested in Joe Milton, but Cowboys end up being the one that that lands the deal. And somebody said it this morning, and I wish I could attribute correctly.
Speaker 6: I'll get it here.
Speaker 5: But the Patriots apparently had a better offer on the table, but they accepted the Cowboys off because that's where Joe Milton wanted to be and Joe Milton told Jordan Schultz of Fox Sports, my family grew up a Cowboys fan. My mom always had a Cowboys shirt on. She always talked about them. Living in Texas has been a long time dream of mine. And now I'm with them. I'm ready to work. So you know, how does this affect the draft at the end of the day. I think, obviously quarterbacks not a position you got to take anymore. That's going to give them a little bit more flexibility on Day three to go out and get some of these other positions of need. I think when you factor in that they only moved down forty six spots, they gave up one seventy one and they picked up two seventeen. They moved down forty six spots. They pick up their backup quarterback. This is this is a solid trade.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, it's about as good of a trade as you could make for a backup quarterback. I feel like, given where the market's spen on quarterbacks and different things over the last couple of years, just the fact that you get somebody with all the tools that Joe Milton has. He very much feels like and looks like when you see the type of athlete that he is and the type of skill set that he has. He very much looks like the type of proto type quarterback you just build up with all the different tra he's just got to put it together. He's got to figure it out, and that's no guarantee. That's a big ask. And that's why you know he would have been available in the first place, is because there's a lot that he still has to figure out, a lot that he still has to put together. But I think that in giving up a fifth round or you're not gonna find somebody with better traits in the fifth round that you could have picked this year, you needed a backup quarterback. He's somebody who looked to be developing at a decent pace last year with New England. In the preseason, there's a lot of chatter about him played well against Buffalo and then to salvage a seventh out of it, I think is great. I would have been fine with him just straighting the fifth flat for Milton and not even picking up an extra pick. So getting that extra seventh is huge. But this is somebody that I think they were doing homework on for a while and wanted to have a good understanding of and somebody that I think they're very very happy to have and should be because I think he's definitely a lottery ticket worth having.
Speaker 2: Now, I know, like you guys had talked about, there was a little bit of rumor around the league that he was going to be available, that there was a possibility there. Nick, I know you even wrote an article on the four ward Star Telegram recent only about the fit, or you at least tweeted about the fit of him possibly being.
Speaker 6: The bat was an article we can plug.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm trying to give you credit. I'm trying to give you credit.
Speaker 2: But the even last year I dusted off my twenty twenty four Star magazine draft gude, I had him as the Cowboys fit at as a backup quarterback. The one thing I had against him was he's a one speed as a passer. Brian kind of seems like he zips throws consistently, but it's all velocity. He doesn't have a ton of touch. Is that something you can teach here in Dallas? And what makes him the right fist fit here with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you go back and watch the Buffalo game which he started, that there was a pass that went down the sidelines where it had to be a touch ball. He was running to his left and then the ball, you know, he floated the ball, gave his guy a chance to get the ball. They had to drop on the outside the stuff underneath. I think that to me, where there were a couple of different times where off some play action stuff where he came off the first read and then they had a tight end sitting down or they had somebody dragging across the middle. I think the not so much the touch, I think some of the ball placement was for those throws was where I was like going, Okay, you know, I could see where you're talking about how he throws every pass with the velocity and all that.
Speaker 3: But to me, where I saw.
Speaker 4: Some of the some of the things and I'm not going to call them issues, but they were catches, they were receptions, ball placement, a little behind, little behind in another one, little behind in another one. Maybe that's something it had to do with he was navigating things in the pocket, just trying to get the ball out. The one thing I was impressed about him was that the way he's in shotgun, he takes a snap, he gets set up and the ball's gone. He was not messing around in that game as far as as trying to hold the ball and do too much.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, the.
Speaker 4: One pass that needed to have some touch. I saw the touch on it, the way he was able to float it down there. The receiver just didn't come up with the ball.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the fit behind Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you know, like like Bobby said, it's kind of a lottery pick in some sense. It definitely ups the aura in the quarterback room from what Cooper Rush had. Just whenever you see a guy walking out onto the field, I think Joe Milton.
Speaker 3: Saying he didn't have any sexes or yeah.
Speaker 6: Joe Milton's got some sex.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: He just kind of comes out and he's big and tall, six foot five, dreads coming out but no, he uh, he's he's got the visor too. But I I think if if Dak were to go down after six seven games, you definitely you still be holding.
Speaker 6: Your breath here. And it's uh, it's the touch.
Speaker 5: Is certainly something that has been as big as not during his entire career, his six seasons in college and uh even one preseason in the NFL is like, Okay, yeah, this guy can throw it eighty yards down the field and he'll you know, wow, you he's kind of a great value Anthony Richardson in that sense, but also he might hit the goalpost on a checkdown. So it's, uh, it's it's something that you know definitely will need some fine tuning and refinement during preseason training camp. You know that's gonna be the job of Brian Schottenheimer and Steve Shimcoe quarterbacks coach, to to kind of reel that in times. But you hope you don't have to call this guy's name until twenty twenty six, just because I still think he needs development.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one game against backups in Buffalo looks great, but I still think he needs a lot of a lot of seasoning to try.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you were to put a if you want to use an analogy from another sport, if you are here in Dallas and you're familiar with Texas Rangers baseball and you're familiar with Joey gallow like Joe Milton's got some Joey Gallaton where it's like you're gonna see, oh, he's got a five hundred foot home run type of power too. But then there's also other times where it's like, well he doesn't get a hit.
Speaker 6: For two weeks because Joey Galla throws now exactly and now it's a.
Speaker 7: Pitch in He's doing everything else. But it's it's the same sort of player just on the football field for me, where it's like all of the traits are there to do anything you want on the football field. It's just a matter of teaching him how to consistently do those things on the football field.
Speaker 8: R J.
Speaker 7: Chappie from our morning shover a one to five through the fan, he's a Tennessee a lump, so he's always really hyper focused on what the volunteers are doing. And he's always said about Joe Milton, he's like, he'll throw at eighty yards, but he doesn't know where the hell it's going. It might hit the third row of the stands, it might be a touch that you just have no idea that that ball may sail way off target. But he's got a cannon and it's very impressive.
Speaker 5: And I think to add to that point, Todd Williams, who's very influential in this front office as a Tennessee got too, and you know he's He's got a lot of experience with this guy, both as a as a fan and as an evaluator and as a front office guy. So I think there's a lot of context that this team understands when they take in Joe Milton. You take the extensive homework that they've been doing over the course of the last couple of months. Pair that with this trade, Pair that with the players involved. You know, they know what they're getting in this guy. I just I wonder if that ends up being a serviceable backup quarterback for the next three years.
Speaker 2: You said Todd's a Tennessee alum too. He's going to have some good words about him, you know.
Speaker 3: Overall.
Speaker 2: Now, and of course this is the Draft show, we got to talk about draft and how it does affect things. I know a couple of these Dallas Day guys and some of these thirty visits are probably going to be at the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: You say at the very top of.
Speaker 2: The show, Nick that you feel like now it's not a position you have to take. Does it completely take them off the board from taking a quarterback at any point in this draft?
Speaker 5: It should in my opinion. You've got three quarterbacks on the roster. You know, they are still you know, speaking confidence into Will Greer, and there's gonna be a competition for QB two technically, So it's not that Joe Milton's just gonna step in. If yes, Brad Sham Will Will Greer is QB two right now. So I think with with you know, with the quarterbacks that they have on the roster, they got three guys, they have other positions that need they need depth at other spots. For me, taking a quarterback in this draft is not worth it. However, if there's a UDFA out there, which the Cowboys had a couple of representatives at Florida's pro day last week, for Graham Mertz, which is a guy who got hurt this last season and you know saw his stock really tank, he's gonna be a UDFA type guy, then maybe that's a guy to keep an eye on. You know, maybe a fourth guy gets brought into camp and you know that that helps take some reps off of Dak Prescott's hands at times. You know, So I wouldn't I wouldn't just kind of u DFA, but taking a draft pick, I don't think it's worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same for you, Brian, Absolutely, yeah, Bobby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the same thing. I think you just used your draft capital, that is your draft pick. When you give up that fifth round pick.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: So it opens up the door for the rest of the ten picks. Now with Dallas Day going on, any names that we can kind of put out there that have been already reported nick, that have been in the building and that are getting that.
Speaker 3: Up close and personal touch.
Speaker 6: With the Cowboys, Yeah, certainly.
Speaker 5: I mean Ashton Genty, I think is probably the one that jumps out the most just because he is He's a Dallas Day.
Speaker 6: Guys, Let's go lone star first, go lone Star.
Speaker 5: Damien Martinez out of Miami, almost in Mississippi, out of Miami is certainly one that I've talked about so much on the show. And I think when you talk about the type of running back that they need in this draft, they need a downhill guy. They need a guy that they can rely on between the tackles on early downs. Damien Martinez is that guy. I mean, you take a look at his size and what he can bring from from that perspective. At six foot, two hundred and thirty pounds, I mean he's a load and he's a he's a unit that just terrorizes inside. So I would Uh, Damian Martinez is certainly one that pops out. Craig Woodson out of cow He's a safety, probably a sixth seventh round type guy. I think that's another one to keep an eye on. He's he's from the DFW area. Trying to find a list that I had a couple of weeks ago, but my Twitter is just being you know.
Speaker 6: What this app is?
Speaker 5: But I there's there's some intriguing guys here on this Dallas day that are going to be here that can that the team can just get more more familiarity with as time goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody that you want them to to bring in Brian and thought process around some of those names that have already been reported.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know what the whole list of the names of everybody that's yeah reported.
Speaker 3: So here's here's a list that I found.
Speaker 4: You got if you got one, just fire them at me and yeah, actually I say, I I wait and see what the list is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is via Nick Harris.
Speaker 2: Actually, so Ashton gent T Quinn yours Saveon Williams from TCU Allie Gordon, the second Oklahoma State Damian Martinez from Miami, Andrew Henry from New Mexico. Yeah, the Rogers quarterback from cal Craig Woodson for safety from Cal. That we've talked about a couple of times on the show. Those are the Dallas Day reports that are that Okay firm.
Speaker 4: This is the one that's interesting to me is and I've had a lot of trouble with this player because I cannot figure out where he's from one year to the next.
Speaker 3: And that's Olli Gordon. I can't.
Speaker 4: And I wonder if in fact that you know, Ollie Gordon went out and ran into four six slow force six is at the at the combine? You know, I wonder if you can maybe get a little bit better time on him or is that kind of what he is? But the thing about with Ali Gordon is you could watch him play and you would say, man, this guy absolutely is you know, Nick used the word a unit, but you talk about a guy that's you know, six', one he's two hundred and twenty six. Pounds this was a guy who's a dope walker winner and his sophomore year of college and he's a workload type of a, back BUT i think he needs to be in a scheme where he could take the ball and just kind of go, blast straight ahead.
Speaker 3: RUN i didn't see a guy that had a lot.
Speaker 4: Of really cutting ability to, Him But i'd like to, see if you, know with him being, here maybe they'll probably get a little bit better idea about. Him, yes he's Got some of these backs we're looking at do have that ability to like A brooks From Texas. Tech it has the ability to cut and cut and cut. Again you know that's Not Oli gordon's type of, game but his, size his ability to catch the, FOOTBALL i think is something that you absolutely have to. Study and then you got to get to the bottom of why was his In Oklahoma state fans will tell you.
Speaker 3: Alone we'll tell you.
Speaker 4: The quarterback play was, bad the offensive line play was. Bad there was a lot of things going on, here but, man there was a big drop off from one year to the. Next i'd like to get to the bottom of.
Speaker 7: That is he would you put him in a similar vein not as a play, style BECAUSE i think when you watch them as, players they're not. Similar but is it the same challenge for you that somebody Like Bryce love was a couple of years ago where you're, like what's what happened With Bryce? Love why is? It why doesn't it look the same for me ar to.
Speaker 4: Year, yeah, there's, yeah the fact that he was such a highly decorated, player and then you go back and you watch that year that he won the award and you're, like you see.
Speaker 3: A completely different.
Speaker 4: Guy, yeah and you just wonder and here we're about to, see you, know some some highlights from. Him but there there you go right, there able to make one guy miss right there and then get into the. Secondary but that's kind of his. Game there's not a lot of real quickness. There there's just a lot of. Explosiveness there's a lot of power. There and he's really really good as we saw there right down around the goal, line stuff like. That here is he's going to catch the football on the. Swing you, know it's takes some time to get to the, edge but there you break a tackle and then get to the end. Zone that's kind of What Oli gordon's game's. Like and but there was more of there were more of runner of defenders bouncing off him two years. Ago this, year, though you didn't really really see that much of.
Speaker 7: THAT i do like the efficiency with which he runs with, like like we just mentioned a guy Like Bryce. Love Bryce love used to to dance a little, bit And Bryce love wasn't always efficient when he was moving when he's getting, downhill like that is something THAT i, Think Olli, gordon there's, purpose there's. Vision you mentioned the contact. BOUNCE i, think, oh that's really. Good he's not a, Burner, no not at. ALL i do think that this team probably that's an area where they're lacking right, now is you are going to want somebody who's got a little bit more juice to. Him But Alli gordon to mean, that, LIKE i, THINK i watch him and you're, right there's the drop. Off but when you watch, him there are, times especially two years, ago you look at him and you, go that's a three DOWN nfl. Back, yea it's not a, superstar but that's a three down can do. Everything AND i, mean how much Has Brian schottenheimer already talked about any references running, back catching the ball out of the, backfield and. Pass they want a guy who can be in there on all three. Downs, well then if.
Speaker 4: You're looking at that type of, Guy, bobby the THING i, MEAN i would look at atn From.
Speaker 3: Georgia, yeah would be that kind of guy to.
Speaker 4: Me AND i don't Know, nick if you've got one in, mind but if you're talking about a guy that runs with some, power some, quickness some, explosiveness can get around the, corner catches the football really, well gives you really some good effort.
Speaker 3: As a pass.
Speaker 4: Bocker he's not the tallest, guy but he's more of an explosive runner than what you have With Olly.
Speaker 5: Gordon, YEAH i think THE i think the dream running back fit for me in this draft for The cowboys is If Travion henderson is there at forty.
Speaker 3: FOUR i totally agree with.
Speaker 5: You, yeah that's a guy that could certainly do it all. Too he can he can run the, ball he can catch out of the, backfield he can pass, protect big time. LEADER i, mean he's gonna he's a guy that's going to be a future captain for you if you end up drafting. Him you, know you go back to The Cotton bowl and you see the explosion that he had on that screen pass in the in the first half that you, know blew The texas defense wide. Open and he was productive for three and a half seasons At Ohio, state and he was mostly working in a crowded backfield with other. Guys Travon, henderson in my, opinion is the best fit for this.
Speaker 4: Team you're saying, that like at forty, four then you have to go there right on. That, YEAH i don't think there's any way he makes it to the third. Round, yeah you know you're hoping he makes. It we've got to get him to forty four. First CAN i hijack the show real quick and ask you guys a?
Speaker 3: Question as long as you're, RESPONSIBLE i will be responded to a.
Speaker 4: Question do you feel like the depth at some of these positions in the draft might make The cowboys not draft the right?
Speaker 3: Guy like but it goes back to the over. Things, yeah.
Speaker 4: EXACTLY i, mean AND i say this in a way Of nick gave you a really good Thumbnail bobby Of, henderson those guys and what they. Bring but all of a, sudden with the depth of a, position do you feel, Like, okay we can, wait we can?
Speaker 3: Wait? Tackle, yeah running?
Speaker 4: Back, WELL i did, corner defensive, tackle running back with the three that came in mind to me this. Morning maybe the edge, Yet BUT i was just sitting there, thinking like you know last, year AND i don't know if they got caught they got, caught you, KNOW i mean they obviously they liked you, know Uh neil And Leah falley liked those guys a. Lot AND i wonder, if, like oh, wait we're into the point where this guy is not better Than Rico. DADDLE i wonder are they going TO i hope they don't fall into the trap of we.
Speaker 3: Can, wait we can, wait we can.
Speaker 4: WAIT i don't, know do you think like they might miss on the wrong, guy because that's.
Speaker 2: A position that goes back to, drafts, right that goes back or one draft prior when they were talking about maybe He's charbonnet Or johnson out Of texas or some of those other, guys and they ended up Drafting Deuce vaughan in the SIXTH i think the same kind of scenario happened where the fit wasn't, there they overthought it and decided to fill another. Need in those scenarios and then all of a, sudden you're left without a running.
Speaker 7: There was and that existed a little bit and it worked out for him. Ultimately but there was a little bit of that three years ago, too BECAUSE i think they looked at tight end and they were, saying, eh you, know there's a lot of depth. There we'll kind of have our you, know pick of what we. Want and then they got to the fourth round and they were, like we have to Take Jake. Ferguson, yeah Because Jake ferguson's, like we don't trust that there's going to be a guy that can cover. This and then they were kind of in a, corner but ultimately that one worked. Out he's a good. Player that game is especially dangerous potentially when you're talking about not having a fourth round. Pick that's how it got you last year because you lost all those backs between your third round pick and then up to the fifth and then you're staring at the same sort of situation this. Year so, YEAH i mean that feels like it's always a risk, ANYWHERE i, guess especially when you have that long gap from the third to the fifth. Round but, YEAH i think corner is one of those where where you might get yourself into that kind of a, position OR i mean if you you feel, like, oh there's just so much to pick, from let's let the board settle receiver for us or something. Else then then you get down there and go, Okay, well a lot of guys got snatched up in.
Speaker 3: Between then, well and.
Speaker 2: You pair the depth of the draft class at running, back and you also, say, hey we've signed two veterans, too so if we don't take one here will be. Okay i'm not sitting here putting my chips in the middle of the table For Javonte williams and For Miles. Sanders just let that be very well. KNOWN i want them to draft a running. Back zeke still the first couple of.
Speaker 3: Rounds, yeah he is out.
Speaker 6: There So fawn's on the.
Speaker 2: Roster he's on the, roster, ya and so Is hunter Lip key your, guy but full, back full, back full, Back, sorry he could carry.
Speaker 5: Them try to decipher that they're trying To i'm trying to throw him in his own all, right that's.
Speaker 2: Fair but either, way you're not pushing your chips to the middle of the table with the guys you've. Signed but it could be that thought in the back of the head, saying, yeah you know, what we could take a guy, here but we're not in love with the. Value we're not in love with the.
Speaker 3: Player there's position they did that.
Speaker 4: At it could be a defensive tackle at the three could, be you, know with With thomas and then you resigned osa that that might not lead them to.
Speaker 3: BELIEVE i mean there.
Speaker 4: Was a talk several weeks ago Where Walter nolan was getting a lot of you, know play potentially for The cowboys here at, twelve AND i don't think that's the case.
Speaker 3: Anymore, yeah not the.
Speaker 2: Case and we've got a lot of a lot of positions to fill to which could play a factor into it as.
Speaker 5: Well if picking let's just throw this out, there because it's been thrown onto mocks as, well if picking A Marion hampton at, twelve would that be forcing.
Speaker 3: It unless you love the, Player unless.
Speaker 6: You loved the.
Speaker 7: Player, yeah BUT i don't know if it were. Me, yes when they when they get all said and done with where they have the border, EVERYTHING i don't know if it'll be forced for. Them they may they may not be that way for. Me, yes before same.
Speaker 4: Here, YEAH i kind of feel like that in my, stack he's not gonna be there's gonna be second round, Guys but, TWELVE i think there's going to be one or two first round grades on my. BOARD i know they don't care about my, board BUT i kind of feel like there's probably gonna be one or two first round grades still on that board THAT i would probably take Over hampton right.
Speaker 3: Now AND i.
Speaker 4: Like hampton a, lot BUT i Have johnson From iowa over him on my.
Speaker 2: Stack he's one of the guys that if you don't take him at, twelve he won't be there at forty. Four so now if you're talking about forcing, it you're taking a guy you know won't be there in the second.
Speaker 3: Round so there's that element to.
Speaker 2: IT i just think there's other spots where you can get the value right at.
Speaker 7: TWELVE i also, think, YEAH i Think Caleb johnson And Trayvon henderson are close To O'maron hampton And Omarion hampton is To Ashton. Gents for that's fair.
Speaker 2: Certainly, yeah all, right we got to take our first break when we come. Back we've got some twitter on the, twenty including how does this quarterback trade affect things late in the draft and how could.
Speaker 3: You possibly view the twelfth pick.
Speaker 2: Differently i'll want to introduce that question in a moment with more of The draft show right after this.
Speaker 9: Life is a workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power. Through whether you're maxing out overhead, presses push them through chest, flies or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary. Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added, sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and The gladiator smooth available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie cat All.
Speaker 10: Right Drew, pearston Former Dallas cowboy and Now Pro Football hall Of. Famer, here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and, glasses don't throw Ahell. Mary go WHERE i. Went Laser Care Eye, center the official laser partner of The Dallas. Cowboys, drew thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction.
Speaker 7: Procedure At Laser CARE I, center we offer six different vision correction procedures to help.
Speaker 10: Patients see check them mat at dfwis dot. Com tell Them drew sent you.
Speaker 11: Hood I'm Dak, prescott quarterback of The Dallas.
Speaker 8: Cowboys and they snapped the, preshout who looks, Right it's not?
Speaker 6: There he escaped slapt he'll look.
Speaker 3: For A french.
Speaker 8: Down just like.
Speaker 11: Football when it comes to, crypto it's important to have a team you can. Trust With blockchain Dot, COM i Know i'm in good. Hands since twenty, eleven they've been trusted by millions around the world to, buy, sell and trade crypto.
Speaker 8: Currency prescott's gonna run this, himself run it up the middle and the.
Speaker 11: Scores whether you're new to crypto or an active, trader they've got you.
Speaker 3: Covered what are you waiting?
Speaker 11: For get started at blockchain dot Com cowboys.
Speaker 12: Fans when it comes to navigating the ever changing world of, tax your business needs a partner and can trust to tackle even your biggest tax. Challenges ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business. Taxes our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you. Had learn more about How ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by Visiting ryan dot. Com ryan the official tax partner of The Dallas.
Speaker 1: Cowboys he is The dallascowboys dot Com draft.
Speaker 2: Show get excited for the most DAZZLING dcc experience, yet The Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders On tour is coming to a theater near.
Speaker 3: You near you witness.
Speaker 2: Live, performances enjoy on STAGE q AND a, sessions and even be a part of the live. Audition if you're In, Dallas San, Antonio, Austin, midland Or El, paso mark your calendar for dates and. Tickets Visit Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders dot com slash.
Speaker 3: TOUR i know my.
Speaker 2: Wife and my mother in law are very excited about The Cheerleaders. Tour that's exactly WHERE i. LOOKED i looked right At Nick.
Speaker 3: Harris AND i was expecting something. There NOW i think you're working over. There, sorry all.
Speaker 7: RIGHT i was just gonna SAY i had something to, say but most of the time it's best IF i don't say it in those.
Speaker 3: Moments it's probably. Fair all, right let's go ahead and get into Some. Twitter on The twitter can ask you a.
Speaker 7: Question, okayotchy go, Ahead we're GOING.
Speaker 2: I was waiting on something like. That votch on the twenty and we miss, You Vatch lombardi for at least this. Show all, Right matt On twitter wants to. Know Brian schottenheimer said during the winter the owner's meetings that he wants to build outside in and specifically mentioned positions like, edge, corner and wide receiver while saying we want a game changer so we never have to pick a twelve, Again that's what he. Said Nick harris was at the table when he said it give me one, receiver one edge in one, corner you would be okay with them drafting at twelve to fit those three specific positions that he, Mentioned.
Speaker 4: Well, NOT i mean the one that is WHAT i would do is different from what they'll probably.
Speaker 3: Do but my my guests WOULD.
Speaker 4: I want YOUR i want your. Name, No i'm gonna give you their. Names i'm gonna give you their. Names i'm gonna give you they're gonna Take they're gonna take mc, millan they would take maybe the, edge Mikel, Williams Michael, williams and they would take Will. Johnson that's kind of WHERE i think this thing would. Go how would your names be? Different my names were be different BECAUSE i would TAKE i would likely TAKE i would take. McMillan i would probably look at At Mike, green and THEN i would probably look at at Bar baron is the ONES i would look. At BUT i think they were going to do totally opposite of WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Think, okay what do you? Think?
Speaker 2: YEAH i agree with the three names he thinks would.
Speaker 7: Happen, yeah, yeah AND i agree to those are probably my.
Speaker 6: Names but, LIKE i don't feel. GREAT i don't think About.
Speaker 3: Come, On, kyle challenge him, NOW i don't.
Speaker 7: Feel great about any of. Them LIKE i, MEAN i feel gat about, McMillan BUT i don't feel great necessarily About Michael williams as the edge. THERE i like, HIM i like it more THAN i think other people seem. To but and then behind that it's Will. Johnson but, like to, me that's a very clear technicologout what edge did you? Take Michael? Williams but know.
Speaker 3: What, okay you don't feel good about?
Speaker 7: Him, Right, No i'm SAYING i don't feel good necessarily about any of the edges that would be there at, twelve just like, YEP i can jump on it and feel.
Speaker 3: Okay about, It but then you think that they would Take.
Speaker 7: Yeah AND i think IF i had to pick it, edge it would Be Michael.
Speaker 2: Williams, See and the only differ THAT i would have in that that same mindset IS i would Take JOHN.
Speaker 3: A barn Over Will. JOHNSON i just Think baron's a better corner Than. WILL i would.
Speaker 4: TAKE i would Take reville And baron Over Will johnson right, now AND i AND i would even Consider morson as.
Speaker 3: Well From Notre.
Speaker 2: DAME i still Have johnson in the FIRST i had him as a first round, grade BUT i Have baron above. Him so if they were to Pick Will, JOHNSON i think they would just jump a tag on my. Board and like you, said no one cares about my board just as much as. Anybody but The johnson thought PROCESS i think is there because of the traits and because of His ceiling's a good, player he really.
Speaker 5: Is, YEAH i agree with most of everything. Here the only difference at edge Is i'm just such a Big Donovan Azi ruwaku. GUY i, mean that's that's WHO i feel like is a difference maker if you're talking about isolation situations one on one edge rusher out Of Boston. College talk about production from last, season he certainly had. It sixteen and a half, sacks twenty and a half tackles for. Loss both of those were top three in the entire country in THE. Fbs he attacks the. Ball he had three force fumbles first Team All. American he was a nation's top defensive. END i, mean this is this is a guy THAT i had a ton of fun watching at the end of the season For Boston college last year or at the end of the season last, year and WHAT i was worried about from a length and size, perspective he erased those concerns for me at the combine whenever he measured. In and this is a guy THAT i think is as a sleeper first round type of. Talent he's kind of my quote unquote hipster first round.
Speaker 4: Grade do you have him Behind carter on your? Board of, course absolutely stack. Him so he's your second, edge is what he?
Speaker 13: Is?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, Okay i'm that big On donovan Azer, Rock.
Speaker 3: Bobby who's your second.
Speaker 7: Edge After Michael, williams After? Carter, no It's Michael. Williams, Yeah that's WHY i SAID i would put him. THERE i don't feel good about taking an edge at twelve though It's Bill carter is not agree, there THEN i don't feel good about the edges of. Twelve is your is part of your concern About Michael. Williams is it the same sort of hesitation you felt back in seventeen When taco was, selected is it the same sort of just LIKE.
Speaker 4: I DIDN'T i HAD i Had Mike Michael, WILLIAMS i would take him all. Day And i'm not just saying that About taco because we know what happened With. Taco BUT I i Could mike Kill williams all day over, talk, Sure BUT i mean it's just on college. Film, yeah just on college. FILM i MEAN i could go back and read my notes For taco and they they're not going to read as good as the notes are For mike Kill. WILLIAMS i just my concern With Michael williams IS i was looking for a.
Speaker 3: Guy that right now rushes the. PASSER i, mean and that's WHY i Like Mike.
Speaker 4: Green, yeah because and and And Nick nick brings up a great point about our guy At Boston, college and he's probably thinking the same, thing AM i? Right nick about? That you you got a guy that can rush the passer right? Now AND i think we, ALL i think we all have some concerns About mike L williams as a pass. Rusher, sure that whole floor and ceiling thing with, HIM i, guess, Yeah BUT i just kind of think THAT i just think that's who he is right, now and so you, know BUT I i could, SAY i could see you know that you can't draw him up any better looking than that.
Speaker 3: Kid you just.
Speaker 4: Can't he's a great looking. Player BUT i just, wonder you, know what's what's the learning curve going to be on him rushing the.
Speaker 3: Passer.
Speaker 2: YEAH i like how you're standing on the table For, ezrarok WHO i can't say his.
Speaker 3: Name how you said, it, yeah is close.
Speaker 2: Enough BUT i like how you're standing on the table for him Because i've only seen him probably mid level of the first that's about as high as he's. Gotten and if you think he's that good of a, player same thing With Mike. Green in the way that you guys Defend Mike, GREEN i think he's a great player. TOO i wouldn't stand on the table the same way for Mikel, williams but the traits are, there and that's WHY i think there's a lot of interest.
Speaker 3: AROUND i would love To.
Speaker 4: I'd love to ask him a question IF i, could about what they really like About Mike Mike. Kells i'd ask the same thing About, johnson you, Know, YEAH i mean when he, runs that's you, know the, Thing we're probably not ever going to Get johnson run in AM i right about?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 5: Probably probably we'll find out next. WEEK i mean there's some that say he, will there's some that say he. Won't, well we'll know next, Week.
Speaker 3: OKAY i mean will it make me feel? Better?
Speaker 4: Sure BECAUSE i can compare his time to the other, guys and maybe it's one of those things, Like, okay DO i if he runs like a four you, know if he runs a, four four five or, Whatever i'm, Like, okay he runs, fast, trained, well good.
Speaker 3: JOB i mean maybe there's some GAMES.
Speaker 4: I could go back and see him playing that, way you, know BUT i didn't always see him playing that. Way and that's and that's my. Concern that's WHY I i the biggest CONCERN i have about him IS I i don't have a feel for does he have that kind of?
Speaker 3: Speed?
Speaker 7: Yeah AND i mean this this team has in the last few years drafted somebody who had that question and didn't run during the. Process that Was diggsiggs And. DIGGS I i would guess that If diggs would have run in twenty twenty And Will johnson would run right, NOW i would guess What johnson's faster is WHAT i would. Think and so you, KNOW i think that that question for, them they've already shown at that position, specifically they've been willing to go ahead and just, say all, right we're gonna we're gonna trust what we see here and we don't necessarily need that. Time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah this question From jerry has to deal with trade. Value so if you want to get out your trade value, chart we want to talk about the possibility of what it would cost the trade past The bears at ten If vegas doesn't Take. Gent do you feel like there's a chance that if that time, comes they get past, six he gets past The Las Vegas, raiders that The cowboys could possibly get on the corn and try and trade up in front of The, bears the second team that would Take. Gents all mock draft this morning FROM nfl Dot com that Had gent at ten to The.
Speaker 6: Bears so you're trying to jump up to nine at Least.
Speaker 7: Saints do you feel like that would be the Likely you're giving up your? Third, yeah you're giving up your, third and THEN i, mean because you, wanted if you wanted to close it a, little you probably give up your third and then you could see if they would throw you in something from the back of day three to maybe even the points out a little bit because you are Your, yeah you're you're paying. It you're sixty points. Above, yeah that's WHAT i. Thought so if you want to go try and find another pick in, there see if they'd give you something else on day three to try and even that out a little. Bit but otherwise, yeah, NOW i mean the that's two ten on the value according to Draft. Tech so if you wanted to do you could go up To carolina at eight and that would even out closer If carolina was what you want to back, that If carolina was willing to go.
Speaker 2: Back, Yeah carolina might be interesting.
Speaker 7: Because that's just ten points. Off that's a ten point difference.
Speaker 3: And sometimes and you would overpay by ten, points.
Speaker 7: Right, YEAH i mean to get genty IF i thought that there was danger of him getting snatched up.
Speaker 2: To move up into that, spot is that something that would even be remotely? LIKELY i, mean give me a, percent And, john what's the from you?
Speaker 5: Guys this team has no business trading up anywhere in this. Draft they need to be acquiring. Picks if, anything.
Speaker 3: COULD i COULD i interest you in trading For hunter if he was, there how far would you? Et we'll have to get? That COULD i? GO i?
Speaker 4: COULD i IF i, could IF i could part With? Nick now hang with me, here, Buddy YEAH i, WILL i will hang with.
Speaker 5: Me, no, no, NO i went uh because you just you you threw it an Interesting.
Speaker 3: OKAY i.
Speaker 4: Do i'm going to. Go i'm going to go To i'm going to go To New. England spot. Again i'm going to work With New. England EVIDENTLY i have a good relationship with those. Guys sure just gave you a backup? Quarterback what IF i offered them a, uh the forty four and another one of my fives to go?
Speaker 7: THERE i don't know does? THAT i don't know that that gets you up there on the? Chart look at it all? Short how?
Speaker 3: Short?
Speaker 7: Uh so the Eighth, yeah so it's a six hundred POINT. Johnp dallas's second round pick is for. Sixty so you'd have to, Go you'd have to come up with another one hundred and, forty which is one hundred and forty is pick, ninety that's two. Thirty go next year's. Three, Okay BUT i mean then you have no third or fourth.
Speaker 3: Or third or. Fifth Well i'm talking about just.
Speaker 4: DON'T i, mean LIKE i said to, me just, okay instead throwing forty four in next year's, three do that.
Speaker 6: To eight For.
Speaker 7: Hunter, yeah, no, no that's to go up to The. Patriots Patriot. OKAY i was, like What, Rich, no, no, no we're on The.
Speaker 6: Patriots, okay, Six, OKAY i see what you're.
Speaker 5: Saying, Yeah and if you would expect next year's third to be in the final ten to fifteen picks of the third, round that would be that would be probably pretty.
Speaker 4: ACCURATE i was trying to get away with using my, fifth But i'm but you guys caught me on, That So i'm gonna Use i'm gonna have to get next year's three if you did it with if you do it With jacksonville at, five it might be a little bit better that that's that's there's your hundred points different right.
Speaker 2: There and that would take a little bit of a slip for Even hunter to get, there right he would have to get past The patriots who could possibly take.
Speaker 4: Him he could get past all four of those. TEAMS i think The giants. WOULD i think The giants are looking at him at. THREE i think The giants are looking at the situation right. Now their general manager's about to get. Fired he ain't interested in drafting a quarterback right. NOW i don't think he. Needs he needs to win games right. Now and if you told me that they can have the two receivers that they, have you, know With hunter being part of, that, well they.
Speaker 3: Don't need a.
Speaker 5: Quarterback they got Crab legs and mister. Unlimited they all.
Speaker 6: Doesn't great click, on tommydo.
Speaker 7: Either, look here's the. Thing if if the best player in the draft gets to, five, Yeah i'm probably, saying all, right, Fine i'll give up the second we'll go in and get, There i'll give it.
Speaker 2: Up that would be interesting and we'll have that conversation on draft night whenever we get.
Speaker 3: There you've made the same noise.
Speaker 5: Again oh, yeah it just it just makes my stomach turn BECAUSE i, think who would you would have to bet on that guy being elite at two?
Speaker 6: Positions you would have to be it. HAPPENS i don't THINK i.
Speaker 7: DO i, mean you can just keep.
Speaker 4: TALKING i mean to, ME i think the best thing to do is play him at wide receiver and just call it a day.
Speaker 3: And just go for. It HE i think you don't want him to play both. WAYS i think he.
Speaker 4: Can AFFECT i think he can affect games better playing wide receiver than he can play playing.
Speaker 7: CORNER i, MEAN i think if he's if He's Sauce gardener at corner and then He's Cedric wilson twenty twenty for you at receiver in spot, snaps is that not worth giving up the? Second? No, no, MAN i DO i think that's completely worth. Lot, yeah because because what do you you're expecting to use forty four?
Speaker 8: On?
Speaker 7: What a running?
Speaker 11: Back?
Speaker 3: Yeah probably or a.
Speaker 6: CORNER i don't know IF.
Speaker 7: I Get Cedric wilson and then just go find one other value running back on free, agency just go figure it.
Speaker 3: Out. Yeah does nobody like this guy at? RECEIVER i love him at a.
Speaker 5: RECEIVER i think. CORNER i think he's a better corner. Too talking about ball, Skills you talking about. Athleticism, yeah, sure he's fighting with his hands like he understands leverage and route concepts more than any other corner in this. Draft in MY i have A cv. ONE i think this guy's gonna be a dangerous corner in this.
Speaker 3: LEAGUE a change of, direction hundred and eighty five, pounds.
Speaker 6: He'll boke up he'll booke. Up and that's that's WHAT nfl weight draft is For.
Speaker 3: Nick, yeah scouts say that all the. Time he'll be all, right you, know we're gonna we'll bulk him. Up he's played it one hundred and eighty five. Pounds look look how narrow he.
Speaker 6: Is he is still got he's still got. Roomed he's playing two hundred snaps a.
Speaker 3: Game he's burning all this about. Body see that's WHAT i worry.
Speaker 4: About that's WHY i worry about everybody's saying he's going to play both both. WAY i think he gets. SMALLER i think he gets smaller as the year goes. On that's my, issue, right he's running a little too, much, Yeah. CROSS i think if they worked at him as a, receiver because let's be, honest his route running is not. Great what it is is he is such god given talent and you, know the quickness and the. EXPLOSIVENESS i think if somebody worked with him and, said, okay here's what we're how we're gonna do with your, routes you, know make it. More he does a great job of finding, space he really really, does and he makes he makes crazy. CATCHES i, mean don't tell me he. HE i, Mean i'm not yelling you, guys don't tell me this guy right. Here though he can be an all pro, RECEIVER I i don't know if he could be an all pro corner bless.
Speaker 7: You thank. YOU i, mean which is which spot is more valuable to? You to top, corner top end. Receive but IF i say he's going to be a top end of either either one positions more, VALUABLE.
Speaker 4: I, think to, ME i think if HE i, think don't get me wrong about the. CORNER i just feel that, people if he's that, good they'll just stay away from, him and and that's and that's a.
Speaker 3: Good that's a.
Speaker 4: GOOD i think people will scheme against him playing, defense BUT i think there's things that you could do with him offensively that helps you more in a.
Speaker 7: Game CAN i throw out a quick suggestion then on on that specific question About. Hunter, okay let's say you go, up so you take you take away your. Second you can either Play, hunter you Pick, hunter you can Play hunter, receiver and then in the third round you can TAKE i don't, Know, besh or you get or you play him at corner and you Take besh in the third, round or you Play hunter at receiver and you Take perish in the third.
Speaker 2: Round, SEE i would feel better about playing him at corner and then Taking besh BECAUSE i Have besh higher on my board Than.
Speaker 3: Perish so this is.
Speaker 7: SPECIALLY i, MEAN i like both of the.
Speaker 2: Players both guys are, Fine but the way that the wide receiver class FITS i think fits better in the third than the cornerback class in the.
Speaker 7: Third, yeah BECAUSE i can run out. THERE i can run out there too next year With Ceedee, Lamb Travis, hunter And Jack besh on the field and receiver packages and then still get him at corner and see what he can do.
Speaker 3: There, yeah how about what would you Take? Hunter? Then Say harriston From?
Speaker 4: Kentucky, yeah, okay so now Now i've got you.
Speaker 3: Interested Does?
Speaker 7: Harston Does harriston get to the third?
Speaker 3: Though i'm, well that's we don't have.
Speaker 4: Exactly we don't have don't have a, second we don't have the Second so now, okay well, okay does on my board it would be somebody like Like Noel williams.
Speaker 3: Can be Like riley From louisville would be in the mix for.
Speaker 6: Me this team's had a lot of homework On Quincy.
Speaker 3: Riley. Yeah see to. ME, i, MAN i don't.
Speaker 6: Know there's a lot of QUASCINATING i.
Speaker 3: HAVE i THINK i have.
Speaker 4: Better see WHEN i start to think about third round, RECEIVERS i start to think about royals and guys like, that WHO i really really?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah you, know.
Speaker 4: Even Maybe williams From Washington. State is he a second or third round on your?
Speaker 3: Board and the.
Speaker 6: Third but really?
Speaker 5: Talented would not surprise me if somebody pops on him in the Second, Yeah Kyle.
Speaker 3: Williams Kyle, Williams, YEAH i need to watch. Him he's one of my last.
Speaker 2: Guys all, right that's gonna do it for this. Segment when we come back here on The Draft, SHOW i want to go through a couple OF Nfc East nightmare scenarios For. Dallas which one scares you the? Most we'll talk about that right after this with more Of The Draft.
Speaker 13: Show I'm Darren, woodson Former Dallas cowboy player And Super bowl. Champion WHEN i played in THE nfl at a high, LEVEL i relied on my vision to see the. Field AS i started getting, OLDER i noticed my vision wasn't as good AND i was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all. DAY i went To Lasercare Eye center and DOCTOR g talked about all the.
Speaker 3: Options thanks to technology.
Speaker 13: And Lasercare Eye, CENTER i can see near far in. Between don't fumble your vision any. Longer visit them at dfwis dot com and tell Them Darren, center they got me back on my.
Speaker 14: Game Star Sports tours is the only official fan travel partner of The Dallas, cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current, players, cheerleaders And cowboy. Legends you want to stay at the team, hotel attend the best tail game party In, texas tour.
Speaker 3: The star and talk x'es and o's with Me Everson.
Speaker 14: Wallas With Star Sports, tours you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel.
Speaker 3: Package.
Speaker 9: Today life is a, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power. Through whether you're maxing out overhead, presses push them through chess, flies or being the hero your golden tree for needs to carry them over that scary. Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build, muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added, sugar and delicious customizable ingredients in The Gladiator smoothie available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 8: Cat how about Them cowboys or how about Them Tyson Cowboys? Nuggets as we cheer for the stars on the, field we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks To Tyson brands star Shaped Cowboys nuggets, that along with all our other Favorite Tyson foods, products sure make game day. Special score some Delicious Tyson Cowboys nuggets and become a game day star just like Our cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the. Plate, remember tailgates and game day have always Been tyson.
Speaker 1: Is The dallascowboys Dot Com Draft Shug.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Nation The cowboys are heading back To Riders field In, Frisco texas for the twelfth Annual Reliant Home Run derby On april twenty. Second come see your Favorite cowboys player swing for the fences to raise money for The Salvation, army plus meet The Dallas cowboys cheerleaders and. Rowdy admission is free in gates open at six.
Speaker 3: Pm seating his first, come first.
Speaker 2: Serve visit dallascowboys dot com Slash reliant HR d for more Detail april twenty.
Speaker 3: Second april twenty, Second tuesday for the. Draft it is a LONG weeka going to be a long.
Speaker 2: WEEK i gotta get in the cages. Too i'm hitting in the Media. Derby i'm gonna win it this. Year i've finished second.
Speaker 3: Twice, well here There's.
Speaker 6: WHITE i hear there's a new entry this.
Speaker 3: Year pat killing you guys or what's going? On So pat meet me?
Speaker 2: Once and Then Kyle roberts FROM wfa beat me last year even THOUGH i left the actual yard and raised a lot of money and you know it's uh?
Speaker 3: Good are you in?
Speaker 5: IT i am definitely only Told Kyle i'm. Bitter it's only one guy that covers For star? Telegrams, Though are you in? IT i JUST i just hear there's a new. Entry do we need to go to The we'll make it, happen all.
Speaker 3: RIGHT i Think nick's shoes are gonna be better than anyboll's to shoes at. Batting, See and.
Speaker 2: That's that's a bad thing because you're gonna end up at the torpedo Bat you're gonna end up like getting dirt all over your nice.
Speaker 3: Kicks you gotta wear some crappy shoes out.
Speaker 2: There else you're gonna be regretting it all. Right this is From Chad reuter ON nfl Dot. Com he went through the first and second rounds of the twenty FIVE Nfl draft and put together dream scenario picks for every one of the thirty two. Teams i'm gonna read THE Nfc, east starting with The, cowboys but THEN i want to read the other three teams and see which one scares you the most as A cowboys fan and as somebody watching the film and doing the homework on this.
Speaker 3: Draft so he had.
Speaker 2: At twelve, overall The cowboys Get tech McMillan. Arizona he ends up being the wide receiver available. There they take, HIM i, think check that. Box and then he agrees With Nick harris that the dream scenario at number forty four would Be Trevion henderson running back From Ohio.
Speaker 3: STATE a good.
Speaker 2: Start that's a one two punch THAT i think everyone would be extremely happy.
Speaker 3: With now let's see what the rest of the league looks like.
Speaker 5: By training came engagement is already. Going it's gonna go bang through the.
Speaker 3: Roof especially With Joe. Melton throw them in the ball you know the zip on the.
Speaker 2: Pass New York giants at number three Take Shadur, sanders quarterback From. Colorado round number two at thirty four, overall they take offensive guard From, Alabama Tyler. Booker so that's a one two. Punch you get your quarterback and you get possibly the best, guard and the guarantees That booker will be.
Speaker 3: A bust because he's In New.
Speaker 4: York they have had the worst luck drafting offensive lineman and From, alabama so they have had A they've had a, big big problem with That.
Speaker 3: BOOKER I booker's announced then.
Speaker 4: Player i'm just tongue in, cheek but, man, SERIOUSLY i mean that is a, big physical guy you see right here leading out on the edge and Mill road just going right in behind.
Speaker 3: Him. Though but, yeah this is a that would be that would be a really.
Speaker 4: Two nice picks for THE i would fear this one even more if they did if they took if they Took hunter and then took this and then Took, BOOKER i think that would be worse for The.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, okay so keep that those two picks in. Mind Here's philadelphia number thirty. Two, overall they Get Walter.
Speaker 3: Nolan defensive tackle out Of Old.
Speaker 2: Miss we've had a lot of conversation About Walter, nolan and then in the end of the second round sixty four, overall they Get Jalen, lane wide receiver From Virginia. TECH i don't know IF i love the wide receiver pick. THERE i think there are other receivers that would be significant. There not anything Against Jalen lane, specifically BUT i just like the other receivers that are there late in the Second, brian you talked about a couple of those guys just a second.
Speaker 4: Ago, Yeah, no, absolutely depending on With williams and where you Have royals and those. GUYS i think there's there's some receivers THAT i WOULD i would much rather have in that end of that second. Round THEN i, think you, know With Walter nolan going though at where he went at thirty, two see that that's kind of Where Walter nolan needs to. Go, yeah he didn't need to go at, twelve he needed to go at thirty. Two SO i would say that's a pretty darn good pick for.
Speaker 5: Them, Say Jalen lane is one of the most athletic players in this draft. PERIOD i mean you throw that athleticism in that receiving. Corps oh my, god it would be a. Nightmare you think it would be, Dangerous it'd be. DANGEROUS i Like Kya Williams moore as a player before talking athleticism and speed and oh my, god that would be.
Speaker 6: A bad fit or The. Cowboys it'd be a great fit for The.
Speaker 2: EAGLES i don't know if we've talked About LANE A. Ton can you give me a scatting report on what he? Brings, yeah it's Just i'd love to see some film. Here this is a guy that really popped out After. Combine he's A Middle Tennessee state. Transfer he played his last two seasons in what is It blacksburg? Question, yeah At Virginia. TECH i mean he's a. Returner he can kick, return punt. RETURN i think that was a return players. There the production has not been.
Speaker 5: THERE i mean he had right around five hundred yards in both seasons At Virginia. Tech that's WHY i just feel Like Kyle williams might be a better player because.
Speaker 3: He has the.
Speaker 5: Production he's been in that feature role at, times and While lane has had the athleticism and he's had a decent. QUARTERBACK i Like Hyron drones At Virginia. TECH i think he's gonna end up being A day three guy next. Year then it questions me why he hasn't been able to step up with. Production, HOWEVER i would TAKE i Take williams over this. Guy, yes he's talking about the athleticism.
Speaker 4: Has the same traits you talking. About williams has got that ability you look with the ball in. Hand williams is like a punt and kickoff return. Guy with the way that he, runs the way he weaves through, traffic the way he can he could kind of navigate, things AND i think he catches the ball much better than this. Guy so give Me. WILLIAMS i, said if if it Was nolan And, williams that would that would get my attention as.
Speaker 7: WELL i don't Love, lane AND i mean that's he is an incredible athlete and the way he tested was, great and he was one of those ones THAT i went back and watched again after he tested.
Speaker 3: BECAUSE i was, like then play that.
Speaker 6: Way why doesn't he get more open? Consistently it does like jump off the.
Speaker 7: Field he's he's such a good athlete in terms of the testing that you look at it and you, go he should be open more than he, is AND i feel like a lot of, TIMES i, mean he's still got a lot of room to, GROW i think as a route runner because he gets knocked off his spot really. Easy press gives him a lot of. Problems he lines up with the slot a, lot something that's something that he doesn't have to, work you, know deal with too. Frequently BUT i just think That lane would be way down the list for me on receivers THAT i would think i'd want to take.
Speaker 4: It would you take The miami kid over this Guy Xavier Rostrepo orstreppo if you're talking about slot. Players AND i Know rastrepo ran in the in the four, eights But rastrepo seemed like to me he made a lot more plays than this.
Speaker 5: Guy, yeah the play strength is so much more there With. Rostrepo and apparently the Bad Pro day run was attributed to a ham, string so you, know you take that for what it. Is but, Yeah rastreppo and his play strength and him being able to line up, inside line up. Outside And Jalen lane's a guy you only see lining up. Inside and another thing With Jalen lane Is Malik. Washington you go back two years ago When virginia had, him or excuse. Me When Virginia tech was playing With. Virginia you see those two type of guys on this on the field at the same, time and you understand where one went and where the other one went despite their athleticism. DIFFERENCES i mean seeing that is much, different and that's in A virginia offense that was much worse Than Virginia tech has ever been in the last two.
Speaker 6: Years SO i.
Speaker 5: Rascripo he has the play, strength he's got the. Size this is a GUY i would bet on.
Speaker 3: More, okay good to.
Speaker 2: Know all, Right so there's The eagles going on to The Washington commanders Or buddy Dan quinn down there In. Washington number twenty nine, Overall Mike green edge From. Marshall that's already Plant. Fowler, yeah that's a bad start For cowboys fans looking At washington and, saying, oh they got an elite edge thresher in the first, round player sixty one. Overall they Get Trey harris wide receiver From old miss Who i'm very high. On that one scares me the most out of all three of.
Speaker 5: Them what was The giants one Against shador And shador And. Booker, Yeah i'm with you The commanders one would scare.
Speaker 3: Me that scares the hell out of.
Speaker 2: Me at twenty nine and sixty, one you're talking about the final four picks in each of those.
Speaker 5: ROUNDS i, Mean Trey harris would be a guy that Whenever terry McLaurin is is up on his, contract they'll be, Like, okay have, fun walk, away and then they can be just fine With Trey.
Speaker 2: Harris, yeah as long as he stays on the, field that's the One i'll be.
Speaker 7: Different i'll say The giants just because they get they get a, quarterback and that's something That i've. Got shador's the top quarterback above Cam ward and so for, ME i just look at it and, say that's right, there just the, gambler the potential of hitting on a quarterback is the most terrifying scenario of all the six. Picks, yeah is that if The giants hit on a, quarterback that's the most damaging potential out of all the.
Speaker 6: Six that's a great. Point and Then booker is.
Speaker 7: Quite possibly out of the players we just named that it might be the safest player of those. Six that just, says, right that guy's probably going to be a decent Pro and and you don't have to worry about him totally. BUSTING i think when you look at what he did At, Alabama i'm not in love with him as much as some others, are but he's he's a good, player and he feels like a very SAFE i don't think there's a whole lot of bust potential there With. Tyler But, HOOKER i would.
Speaker 2: Say he's even there in the, second there's a good shot somebody at the tail end of the first takes Again booker. Two you, know like he very well could. Be in this scenario that's run By Chad ruder FROM nfl Dot, com he was, there BUT i think if he's not, THERE i wouldn't be shocked AT.
Speaker 7: I, MEAN i really Like Walter, nolan but The Jalen lane pick just easily makes The eagles.
Speaker 3: Third for, ME i, Agree, yeah where where.
Speaker 6: Let's replace it with the Most let's replace it.
Speaker 3: With Kyle williams just for the hell of.
Speaker 7: It, Okay so you were changing it so instead Of Jalen lane you Get. Kyle, YEAH i mean that makes it, Better but is it? Something where does it take it above the other? Two probably. NOT i Like, Washington Saul, Trey, Harris he's he's really good AND i like. Him i've got him in the second. Round there is a little bit there, though that does remind me of a guy who we're all familiar with. Here, now there's something that reminded me Of mingo coming, out LIKE i think that those are two very similar, players and so and. So there's a little bit of that you don't want to apply too much. Of but when you are looking at somebody going, like who does this remind me? Of and how did that skill set translate to THE, nfl the guy that it reminded me of Was, mingo and so holmets.
Speaker 6: Scouter, No, no that's that's not it at.
Speaker 7: All it's not. Help if, anything Ole miss is a type cast and they're they're finding they're finding their, type and there's zeroing in on.
Speaker 5: IT i will say there is a little bit too much criticism when it does come to quote unquote helmet, scouting because these programs scout a specific type of, player like the type of. Positions sometimes it's a little bit more fitting than people give it credit.
Speaker 13: For.
Speaker 7: You, yeah thanks for defending me against yourself.
Speaker 4: The, commanders, Right harris went to the. Commander, yes, okay perfect. Thing BECAUSE i don't know about, you, guys BUT i know. This harris loves the inbreaking. Routes he loves those crossing. Routes and you think he could throw. Inside Jane daniels can throw those routes all. Day that'd be a, really really good fit if he can get a guy like, that that that a quarterback that could put the ball on a guy in a. Move so if you were to rank him one through three in terms of those, scenarios which one would scare you the?
Speaker 2: Most Washington, Commanders, Commanders, Giants.
Speaker 3: Eagles, Yeah i'm in that, same, yeah, Same.
Speaker 7: But, giants Command. Giants if they hit on that, quarterback they're instantly building their team up way past the capacity.
Speaker 2: Of those other two. Picks very, true very. True way to save the, Segment, bobby appreciate WHAT i.
Speaker 7: Do CAN i ask you a?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 7: No, sorry we got twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven go. Ahead that's gonna do it for.
Speaker 2: Us here on The Draft show presented By Miller, lte we were within three weeks from THE Nfl. Draft, again we'll be on the air an hour before the first pick of the opening round will be suited and booted for that. One can't wait For draft weekend here on The Dallas cowboys side of, things and then on one five three The fan as well in The honesty. App so we've got plenty of great coverage coming your way over these next few.
Speaker 3: Weeks For Nick.
Speaker 2: Harris brian brought Us bobby belt On Kyle yeoman saying so long from The draft, Show we'll see you next.
Speaker 1: Week this has been a production Of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 3: Club