Speaker 1: Is there still any any mob fingers in the business at all?
Speaker 2: You know, if there is some guys that are attached, they're not really doing mob things. I just have family that now it's just legit because of corporations. But I mean my my two biggest bosses were Paul Sam Pognero and Richie A.
Speaker 1: Mafatano. Okay, so they both sound like he's done things. Yeah, so, Pasha Tosh Show. If it's Tuesday at six am, you know what time it is, It's Toss Show. Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Pat McAfee lately. How you doing, Eddie?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good. How are you doing good?
Speaker 1: I missed this past weekend. You didn't show up to my daughter's first birthday. Oh man, Sorry, that's all right. Just send a check. A big week Super Bowls coming up. I'm excited. I think, I honestly feel this will be the year that the Buffalo Bills finished the job.
Speaker 2: The Bills were eliminated.
Speaker 1: You serious? Oh yeah, you're telling me that the Buffalo Bills are no longer in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Not in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That's crazy because they get to pick what day they play on. You know, when is the weather going to be best for us, and Josh Allen is just the future of everything. Hmm. Maybe we can at least reuse that graphic now that they lost that you misspelled Eddie the two and a half years that this current Buffalo Bills team had potential, and then you misspelled potential. Here's the problem with our show when we put graphics up is that I'm the worst speller in the world, and the second worst speller in the world is Eddie. So now you've got you've got two people that can't spell and things slip through the crack when there's only a three person team anyway. All right, So the so the Buffalo Bill's lost, Well that's that's that's too bad. But I am I am looking forward to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Normally this time of the year, I'm in Vegas. For over fifteen years, I've had a residency at the Mirage, and I always perform the week before the weekend before the Super Bowl so that i can place all my bets. So now I'm not at the Mirage anymore because the Mirage, as some of you may know, was bought by the Seminal Casino and it's going to be a hard rock, and they're going to tear down the volcano. From the ashes of the volcano, a guitar will rise a new beacon on the strip. Now, I may go back when they finished that switchover, because I have a great relationship with the Seminoles. But now I'm jumping ship for the time being. I'm performing at a new casino for the first time in fifteen years, and I'm gonna make that announcement, but not today. That's what you call a tease, all right. Super Bowl fifty eight is this weekend against the San Francisco forty nine Ers versus the Kansas City Chiefs. The forty nine Ers are favored by two points. I will be betting on the Kansas City Chiefs. Why you ask, Getty, Because Taylor Swift doesn't lose. She just doesn't lose. You know, last time I brought her up on the show, I said something to the effect of that I love everything about her, and you know, I teased one of her lyrics that I took too literally or something that. But people are like, oh, you like everything about Taylor Swift, And the answer is I do. I'm a fan, you know, is her music meant for me? A forty eight year old. No, but I mean I can still listen to some of it. I get why it's hits. That one song with Bonavert, I like that one where he's just like, ooh, I don't know what he does. He is, you know, howls in a weird voice. I like a lot of her songs. That's it's fine, it is what it is. It's son again, it's not meant for me. I can appreciate it still. But here's where she won me over. This is why I am a SWIFTYE for life. Because when that radio DJ grabbed her ass, groped her, and then she says, well, I'm gonna sue you, and he's like, I didn't do anything. He's like I'm She's like, I'm gonna sue you for a buck one dollar. She goes to court, flies back and forth to Denver, over and over, destroying the environment with her beautiful jet, and wins a dollar. I love it because radio DJs are creeps, and I guarantee he did exactly what she said he did. I think that's baller. And then when she wanted to own all her music and the record labels like eh, we'd rather fuck you over and she's like, well, I'll just re record everything and I'll tell my fans just listen to my version, and they're like okay, and they do it. That's crazy. So yeah, good, good for her. I got no problem with her. Oh quit pinning the camera over to hurt her in the game. Why she's the biggest star in the game. Who's doing the halftime Usher? Oh she could just walk out there mid performance, tap him on the shoulder and say I'll do it from here, and then all of a sudden it's like, oh, well, that was a great show. I mean, Usher's big thing was that he could dance like Michael Jackson. But now whenever I think of Michael Jackson, I just think of the people, you know, on on the corner of the bed having to stare at the whatever. That horrible scene from the documentary was trying to get through all the padlocks in the secret attic bedroom. Okay, sorry, that was too long of a tangent. But that's why I like the chiefs. All of this gambling talk has got me really excited. Do you know what today is?
Speaker 2: What's today?
Speaker 1: Pit Boss Day? Oh? Yes, Pit Boss Day. Now, I'll probably talk about this in the interview. But when I worked at the Mirage for the past fifteen years, I would gamble after dinner. I have a show on Friday at ten o'clock. Show goes till midnight. I have dinner, scarf that down. Usually get a surf and surf that's a crab, legs and lobster, and then we go gamble. And he was always the pit boss that we enjoyed seeing the most, probably because he would turn a blind eye and let us steal chips. No, he didn't let us do that, but it was It was always fun to see him. Hope you guys enjoy Pasha. If you've ever seen me perform in Vegas, know that a couple hours later this guy watched me gamble your hard earned money away. My favorite pit boss from the beautiful Mirage Resort in Casino in Las Vegas. Josh, how you doing good? Life is good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I cannot complain.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't never understand people can't complain. I could complain constantly all day long.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to hear it. Oh you don't hear it, not from me, just people like everyone's got their things.
Speaker 1: Do you hate people? No, you don't get sick of people in your line work.
Speaker 2: I actually don't. I think it's you know, it's a different job, and I don't know if I just had been doing it so long that I'm immune to it. But it doesn't bother me at all. Like some people get frustrated with the noise or people yelling, and I don't know, it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: Does the sound of slot machines make Do you think it's done some permanent brain damage?
Speaker 2: No? But I hate cigarette smoke, so that's the only part that sucks.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's been nice. It's obviously getting less and less cigarette smoke. Like all you have to do is go into a casino or hotel in Reno and be like, oh, this is what it used.
Speaker 2: To be, like the beautiful yellowish tint on the inside of the walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's rough. First question that I ask all my guests, do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: See, let me tell you something right now. This is why I know that you're like a normal human. That's the only answer everybody. Anytime I talk to people and they say that they believe in goes, I'm like, oh, I'm getting ready to have a conversation with an absolute fucking lunatic. All right, Josh, where are you from? Originally?
Speaker 2: Well, I was born in Virginia, but then I lived in Washington State for a few years, and then I moved to Vegas in nineteen eighty seven as a kid.
Speaker 1: But you basically grew up in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much all I know.
Speaker 1: Do you like Vegas?
Speaker 2: You know I do. I mean I would love to live like in a small town somewhere, but then you always want to go back to like the city.
Speaker 1: So we got to get like a vacation home and maybe a small town.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I still work for a living, I hear you.
Speaker 1: But you can get you can get away, you know, like a little side and then you rent it out or something like that. I know how people live. We're the same age. I wish we are, right, Yeah, Okay, within a few months, I think, Oh real, when's your birthday? June twenty fifth, seventy five. We're less than a month apart. Oh, less than a month okay, I'm May twenty ninth. Oh yeah, look at that. We both just ended up in casinos. Yeah, was your father? Did he work at the casinos or no?
Speaker 2: He did as a gambler and alcoholic. So yeah, he was a Yeah he put in his hours for free.
Speaker 1: There did that that have an impact on you?
Speaker 2: I think only in a good way, Like I just saw, like, don't do that. You don't gamble at all, very rare. Well if you if what are you interested in? If you were, I would rather make a twenty dollars sports bet and stay home and watch the game fair enough, because when I go back to the casino, if I'm at the table, I would love to hit someone with a chair sometimes because then I'm not at work, and when they do the annoying stuff, then like this guy's got to go.
Speaker 1: Isn't it crazy that your job really only exist because people are inherently bad or like looking to do something bad? Like isn't that what your job really is? To like make sure when something bad is going to happen, you are there. Yeah, to make sure that it doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: That's what I always say, Like people like sometimes at work it frustrated people make a noise. I'm like, you ask them to come here, make bad decisions, spend money, go to strip clubs, stay up all night, But then you want them to be calm and quiet.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I do. I want to be calm and quiet, act like goddamn normal people. I once saw a guy like saying horrible things, but he was losing tons of money and he was tipping regardless winn or lose huge amounts of money and they were just letting it go. They're just letting it go.
Speaker 2: The biggest example I ever have of that is a Rick Rizzolo. You're throwing the crazy horse, okay, and complete mob guy, complete mob guy. Yeah, Like, there was times where he would lose a couple hundred thousand, and his mob guys on the side, he would just tell him go to the car and get the money, and they would literally come back with a black trash bag full of cash and dump it on the back round table and three dealers would count it for thirty plus minutes, like two hundred thousand dollars cash and loose bills. So, yes, those people did exist more, but they're still around. Did you do.
Speaker 1: You have to be a dealer before you can become like a floor supervisor or any of.
Speaker 2: That, pretty much unless you got some old mafia ties where they might try to slip you through the cracks.
Speaker 1: So everyone that's support was once a dealer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless, like I said, there's been a couple of times where people show up and they don't really have the greatest background story. They can tell they just were juiced in as a floorman and they're like learning on the go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is there still any any mob fingers in the business at all?
Speaker 2: You know, if there is some guys that are attached, they're not really doing mob things. I just have family that now it's just legit because of corporations. But I mean, my two biggest bosses were Paul Sam Pugnero and Richie A. Mafatano.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they both sound like they've done yeah, so but you know they're retired now a couple of few years ago.
Speaker 2: But definitely there's still people floating around it.
Speaker 1: Do you want people to try to like steal or cheat? Does that make it interesting?
Speaker 2: I could care less if they rob that place blind.
Speaker 1: Right, But have you ever seen someone almost is there any way to pull it off?
Speaker 2: Or no? I mean yeah, if you have like a dealer in on it and they're like, you know, pain, like you could be putting. They could be painted like a green chip underneath like some red chips and small stuff. I've seen dealers arrested on the game.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: So they do watch and sometimes they cheat, and they let them cheat for a while so that they can learn every little thing about it and how they're doing it and how they're getting away with it. Huh, so they can use it for the future.
Speaker 1: You ever bust any mit autistic kids?
Speaker 2: We see them and we know they're counting. So but most of time we just call surveillance and they do their thing counting cards.
Speaker 1: Do you guys really give a shit? Don't you want people to try?
Speaker 2: Counting cards? Only increases your odds? Right? So again, the casinos there, I guess they're worried that they're not going to make a billion dollars this quarter.
Speaker 1: So I hate anybody that says that they're Oh, I brought two hundred and I don't care if I win or lose. I think, what do you mean you don't care? Give me that two hundred dollars there get lost? You ever choke somebody out on the floor.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's been a while, but I have I have swung some hands a few times ballpark.
Speaker 1: How many cameras are in the casino.
Speaker 2: It's it's gotta be thousands.
Speaker 1: Do you ever go into that room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, neat. It's just a bunch of monitors and big desks.
Speaker 1: Is there job fun?
Speaker 2: I don't think. So. They sit in a room and they just randomly watch TVs unless we call for them to watch something specific.
Speaker 1: What type of what type of Is it a certain type of person that takes that job in general?
Speaker 2: You it's like security people. They just it's like a lateral move. They go from like security over tokay, surveillance.
Speaker 1: Who's who? What's the weirdest group that works at casinos that you're like, Ah, they're famously bizarro.
Speaker 2: Or probably hard Count hard Count. Yeah, they're the ones that come through and like change the boxes in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, I always hate And it's like, slow me down. What's the best event in Vegas to bring in a good crowd.
Speaker 2: It's either got to be Super Bowl or March Madness.
Speaker 1: I always work all of the main sporting events.
Speaker 2: That's always. I've noticed that.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that I found one thousand dollars chip on the floor. I found I picked it up. You know what I did, didn't even hesitate picked a thousand joke? Go oh, like this, here's a dealer. Somebody dropped a thousand dollars chip. Didn't even hesitate. I feel like they should have just like shut down the casino and had a parade in my honor of just how they didn't give a fuck. They're like, oh, yeah, that was some rich guy last night that pissed away you know, six figures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have some people to throw chips or ripped cards. Uh huh do all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Am I the only person you know that's ever doubled down on blackjack?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, we have plenty of drunk people. Yeah, but I don't even do when I'm drunk. I think, I know, I think it's a solid strategy.
Speaker 2: You're doing it for kicks, and they think it's a good investment.
Speaker 1: I also like to double down on hard twelves, thirteens, and fourteens, just because it makes it makes me so angry when I lose. By the way, are we supposed to tip the Are we supposed to tip you the pit bosses of the floor managers? What's the move on that?
Speaker 2: No, we're not allowed.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed to No, okay, thank god. If you were going to say that we're supposed to. I was gonna be like Pete, it's been a long time. We haven't done shit. Ah. How much should you tip a dealer?
Speaker 2: You know, it depends on the dealer, I guess. But you know, it's easier to tip when you're winning, if you're just putting them up in action. I think they appreciate that, you know, on a you know, semi regular basis, for you know, proportion to what you're playing.
Speaker 1: Is that better than than just at the end tipping them?
Speaker 2: I think so, because I think halfway through some of these sissies get their feelings hurt. They start thinking they're not going to get tipped. Oh so then they kind of I got you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ever be considered like a great tipper, but I want I just don't want anybody to ever think he was a horrible tipper. Right, that's bad. I gotta I gotta tip more. We we tip all the people backstay the watch them, all those security guys and then the butler.
Speaker 2: You guys tip while you play.
Speaker 1: Sure sometimes, but it's not like real dollars because we're betting such shitty amounts. Who was up my butler, Eric did you, did, you know? Eric? No. I like this guy because he would come into my room immediately and be like, listen, are you looking at Eastern Tennessee Tech College this weekend and softball? And I'm like what, No, I'm not fucking He's like, he's like they're favored by two and a half runs. I'm just saying. And he'd walk out of the room and I was like, supposed to do something with that. He would always have the most absurd tips and think ah, and I never acted on anything he ever said. Do you guys still have the authority to compt breakfast?
Speaker 2: I have some coupons that I can hand out with a signature.
Speaker 1: I one time when I was in Vegas really young, and I was probably playing blackjack or something at a decent amount of money. Uh, and this guy was like really vested in me. He was like, oh, he was like really getting excited for every time I won. And then I noticed it was like his hand was on me a lot. I was like, oh, he thinks I'm a hooker. Like he thought I was a hooker. He thought was like some young boy that was just in a casine. I was like oh, And I was kind of flattered in a weird way. But anyway, well, let me tell people why we actually have a relationship, because my whole goal I always loved gambling. I love gambling for probably a similar reason that you don't gamble. My father was a pastor and we didn't. We weren't allowed to do anything ever. Like it was like, you can't listen to me rock music, you can't dance, you can't a gambling that's a you're trying to win money for no reason. That's that's against whatever the Bible says. I don't know anyway, so I immediately loved gambling, but I learned quickly. I thought, the only way I'm ever gonna win it gambling, because I'm not smart enough to actually be a good gambler, is I've got to become a performer, because that's the only way i can walk out positive. But anyway, get into this. So many performers, they get huge credits, They blow the ton of money at casinos. I talked to the Mirage when I first started there, and I said, hey, I want to gamble, but I don't like to gamble a lot of money, and that you guys were nice enough to let me every night after my show, have a blackjack table in the high limit room with me and my friends and let me play for any denomination like five dollars a hand, which I always thought was kind of the coolest perk that I could get in a casino. Was allowed to gamble for no money because anytime my friends come or work, when they're blown away that I'm allowed to gamble for five bucks a hand. My favorite thing to do with my friends, which you guys allow me to do, which is really absurd that you, is when they go to the bathroom, I like to take all their chips and put it in play and then I just tell the dealer to wait until they walk out of the bathroom and then deal. And it's just so funny how it enrages them. But then immediately if their hand is remote good, they're like, well.
Speaker 2: This is exciting.
Speaker 1: Now you've watched me for a long time. How what's the most you think you've ever seen me lose in a night.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say four thousand. You've seen me lose four thousand, two thousand and four thousand. But okay, somewhere in there not nothing crazy that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to I didn't even want to hear that. I used to have a safety deposit box there and I put five hundred bucks in it when I started, and I never touched it for like like a decade, and it was like, I think at one point it got to twenty thousand dollars really yeah, but then it went away completely. What's the most you've ever seen someone win?
Speaker 2: Millions? Millions? Yeah, we have one hundred thousand dollars chips that we bring out the most of our property. They played three hundred thousand dollars per hand. It's so scary, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I mean, when do you feel it just watching it?
Speaker 2: I don't anymore, I really don't. I just am so numb to it. Are you angry that they're doing it care less? Like it's just amazing careless?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I would make me. I mean, I just always would hope for them. I don't know why I would hope for them to get like, like just like a hard fourteen and the dealer to show an ace deal with that? Are you allowed to?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Like, when the dealer tries to take your cards, just put your hand on top of her hands softly.
Speaker 2: Only if you're making an icon top.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey tell the story about the homeless guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, they had a homeless guy. Details could be a little bit off because it's been over twenty years, but I still came in with a Social Security check and I want to say it was somewhere between seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and over days and days, this guy ran it up close to a million dollars just playing as stupid as you possibly can.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred and fifty two one thousand dollars and he brought it to one million dollars playing insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just playing completely acidine, really stupid. And again, he was a homeless guy, so he's constantly taking his shoes off and trying to put his feet up. Yes, yeah, he's wandering on doing stuff he's not supposed to.
Speaker 1: And then he moved into the casino.
Speaker 2: He's literally, well, they're comping him, right, so they want you to put the money back in action, Uh huh. So they're comping them. You stand there and it's dragging on for you know, weeks. But as he started to lose the money back, Steve Wing just got tired of it and just wanted him to leave with something in his pocket. So I believe with fifty thousand dollars left, he kicked him out of the casino.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. I didn't think there was gonna be a Steve Win nice story. But that's a that's at least, I mean, fifty thousand. I wish he would have kicked him out when he was at a half a million. But yeah, fine, fifty thousand. I'm sure. I'm sure he turned his life around. Yeah, what do you have to do to get free stuff? What's what's the actual what's the minimum you have to do to get a free night stay in Las Vegas?
Speaker 2: I've heard like it's like one hundred dollars a hand for like four hours.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's awful. Yeah, it's horrible. Wait too much money? Are there actual coolers? Do you guys actually hire coolers?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you agree that magic is stupid?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, it's the right answer. It's the right answer. What who that magician kid? Shin shin limb shin Lim. He's not allowed on the floor? Is that real? Or is it like you guys are.
Speaker 2: Just I've never seen any type of memo or anything.
Speaker 1: Okay like that, but he's amazing at Magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: What's the best show to see in Vegas? I'm joking, I know it's mine.
Speaker 2: What's the best? You love my comedy? So I like to go to all the comedy shows. But the Cirk shows they're cool.
Speaker 1: That guy's crazy that invented those. Yeah, that French Canadian guy. He used to come in and play. Yeah he plays big mount but big amounts. Yeah, he's a real degenerate.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't seen him for quite a while.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, but I think he said it doesn't matter. He's still printing money. What about athletes. You see a lot of athletes. Oh, yeah, who are the dumbest athletes?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean Rodney used to get in a lot of trouble and try to rab the crotch of the dealers and stuff and goofer out.
Speaker 1: That's got to upset a few of those guys. The most boring disapponion was Michael Jordan. Oh really, not a lot of enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: No, it's almost like we're non existent in the room.
Speaker 1: You ever seen Phil Mickelson? No, oh, bitch, hits sorry, you shouldn't he shouldn't call Phil mickleson bitched it Barkley. You've seen Barkley game. Yeah, he seems like a great guy.
Speaker 2: Really cool, down to earth. Always just looks like two guys just hanging out bullshit.
Speaker 1: But he does he lose? I assume he loses.
Speaker 2: He doesn't. He hasn't played a lot at the Mirage, but he comes in there and hangs out with a couple guys and plays a few dollars. All right.
Speaker 1: You know what the one that used to always depressed me or I thought was Dressdent was Ben Affleck. There's like a photo of him I've seen, like gambling or it's just like he looks just sad and then he's trying to beat the game.
Speaker 2: Which is really hupid. Married to Jennifer Lopez, is that good? I'd be stressed out and sad too.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that's that would be exciting.
Speaker 2: This is like she seems like a headache.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't argue that. She's definitely probably a lot. Yeah, but anyway, he always he thinks he's a card count or he is a card counter, and he takes pride to that, which is always just weird to me. They just want to sit there like you've already you've already hit the jackpot in life, Ben, you're really excited about taking this casino for a couple grand who's a big gambler that I should.
Speaker 2: I mean most of our biggest gamblers there people you would never recognize the names there. No.
Speaker 1: I like watching him walk down the villa hallway, like I can tell like it's like, oh, look at this old, old Asian man, and look at these two girls that are clearly in the business. And then there's like like four security guys with a briefcase, Like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is exciting.
Speaker 1: I don't like to walk behind them too closely because sometimes the perfume is strong makes me sneeze. I used to think that when I was when I first went to the strip and the Venetian opened, and I was like, I stayed in one of their rooms and they had like a sunken living room. I was like, this is unbelievable. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. Eh. Times have changed. Yeah, I shouldn't say what villa I stay in, but I will because I stayed in Villa too. I've stayed in the same room for over a decade. Do you know why I stay in that room I do. Now you heard the story, Yeah, okay, it's true. So one time I was in a lunai, which is a tear lesson. Let me tell you something about the Mirage Hotel, beautiful hotel whatever. There's like your normal hotel, but then there's this other area where it's like the big wigs, the whales or whoever. But anyway, so one time I'm in the lnai with a girl and we wake up in the morning. I look out my window and there's a man naked on my patio furniture and I dart freaking out. I'm like, what is happening? So I called security and I guess I had left the front door or dead bolted, and so they couldn't get in. And I'm like, but there's a door in the back to get in the back way. I'm like, get this naked dude out of here. And it was a lot of back and bar was screaming. I was freaking out, and then they finally got into the room. They went into my backyard there and they said, sir, what are you doing here? And he's like, I don't know, and they're like, well, you know, you're being arrested or whatever, and he's like, well, you should I take this bathing suit and they're like is it your bathing suit? And he's like, I don't know, I don't know, and I don't think it was. But he ended up putting it on. So anyway, it turns out he got drunk the night before and he climbed the wall and he just fell asleep. He tried to get into the room, but thankfully didn't. And this is me early on in my career as somebody that was successful, because it's like I wasn't successful all for a long time, and now I was like, oh, this is exciting. So I was a little bit more, uh, I don't know, maybe an asshole. I was calling my agent. I'm like, what are you? What are these guys?
Speaker 2: Naked? Guy?
Speaker 1: But and they're like they're offering me, Like what are they going to give me? They already give me a free hotel and food. So they said, we are going to always put you in this villa in the back. It's the it's a very nice one. It's a two bedroom. It's beautiful, and it's right it backs up against the tigers, so or the whatever. It's just tigers yeah. Yeah, and they're like, so nobody will ever climb your wall again. It was basically why I got that room. You eat in the do you eat uh in the uh.
Speaker 2: Like the employee dynamic? Yes? Do you eat down there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's that like? I used to do it at the Riviera.
Speaker 2: It's like a low budget buffet.
Speaker 1: Is it below deck or no?
Speaker 2: No, it's on the casino floor level.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah it can be rough. The Riviera used to be horrible.
Speaker 2: Sometimes things are sorted by colors. What I don't know?
Speaker 1: Letting that stand? How come they've never made a chip with me on it? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Did you ask them to?
Speaker 1: No? No, I've never asked. I just didn't know. I mean they did Boys to Men for I still have some Boys to Men fives. I just think they should do a chip for me, maybe before they officially go over to the hard rock. When when's the date? We don't know when the date for the hard rock is?
Speaker 2: No, there, they already took over.
Speaker 1: But it's a sign. Is it called hard rock?
Speaker 2: No, they have the rights to use the name Mirage, but they bought it in December.
Speaker 1: So do you guys have is there like a sensitivity class that you guys have to take, like make sure you don't say anything inappropriately about the tribe or anything like that.
Speaker 2: But I did think it was weird that they bought the casino and they rented the land back. Oh, I thought that was kind of well.
Speaker 1: I don't don't I'm not even get involved in that, Okay, I think we're all just renting the land. Do you know that I've never been off at like, I don't ever leave the Mirage, Like fourteen years, I had a feeling, never never left. What's life like off the strip?
Speaker 2: It's pretty normal. Schools, churches, neighborhoods, stores.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about your church.
Speaker 2: I don't go.
Speaker 1: Your brother is a dealer.
Speaker 2: On day shift, and I switched my days off to Thursday Friday, and you always come in Friday nights.
Speaker 1: Right, and you and your wife works there too. Yeah, And the casino, with all their high tech security, still thinks that a husband and wife can't work together without oceans and eleven and robbing the whole place. What's the reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But once she got promoted, I was a bigger Boston what I am now as a pit manager and they just said, you have to go to another shift, and I go and they go to day shift. The graverd I go, Well, you guys didn't think it through very much because my brother is a dealer on day shift. Now, I for sure it can.
Speaker 1: Steal, right, you probably steal with your brother, Yeah, then you would easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just took the motion back down to my old positions.
Speaker 1: So oh really Yeah so they still give you the same pay though, No.
Speaker 2: No, so now I'm just a floor person.
Speaker 1: I don't get this at all. Yeah, what a sacrifice you made for your wife?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's who seat it works.
Speaker 1: I would hold that over her head. You met your wife at the mirage?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to fratnize with employees? Is there a rule against it?
Speaker 2: Or now it's frowned upon like a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I met my wife at work. Yeah, you're like not supposed to date people work. I don't get that. It's like, well, it's the only place I'm at. How am I not going to date someone here? It's like anything. It's all those reality shows like, oh, like can you believe they actually fell in love? It's like, yeah, I can you put me in a room with six people? I'm having sex with one of them. Yeah, right, open this curtain. Have you ever seen gambling change someone's life for the better?
Speaker 2: I would have to argue, like all the employees, she's definitely changed their life for the better. Creates all those jobs.
Speaker 1: Is it a good line of work?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I especially for what I get paid. I didn't go to college, and I mean again, college is fucking useless. Well, I'm just saying I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: I have a degree in marketing. You want to?
Speaker 2: You want to?
Speaker 1: All I just wasted fifty thousand dollars in my parents' money, no offense, UCF. It's a great honor to have graduated from your school. How long we do you think you'll do it for the rest of your life? In some level?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean it's It's what I've been doing my whole life. So, I mean I am in the trucking business because I'm talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a side hustle during the pandemic. Pandemic shuts down, you say to yourself, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna buy two semi trucks.
Speaker 2: Well not quite Okay. My wife's brother, he's the owner operator, and he just said, I know you drive stick shift, you fix everything yourself. Can you drive a truck? I go, I'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: So he went with bought a truck, was going good. Then the casino opened back up. So now he's like, well, we could just put a driver in it.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the movie Over the Top for to get inspiration?
Speaker 2: But that is my password for everything now I do use Lincoln Hawk.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you turn that you turn that hat around and makes you Yeah. Like, by the way, did you have to take go to school to learn how to drive it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went to school. I got How long was that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: One week? One on one. I paid extra, so I got to get it over with.
Speaker 1: Or congratulations, that's better than college.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you have like like a whole ceremony and everything for when you graduate?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, no?
Speaker 1: Is there a full sleeper in the back of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What size bed does it hold?
Speaker 2: I fit and I'm six five, so six ' five.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you weigh two ninety five?
Speaker 1: Do you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And Trump weighs so trumps eighty five pounds less than you.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem correct. No, it's not, it's not. It's not correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you bought a truck and now you're renting it out to somebody.
Speaker 2: We have a driver, Yeah, so we do a split. They drive full time and we do a fifty to fifty split and the first truck wins. So well that ended up buying a second truck.
Speaker 1: All right, So now you're running a trucking business.
Speaker 2: I'm getting there. Like her brother, they manage like seventeen trucks and they own a few. And it seems to be you know Carl alone.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know he had sex with like a child. Yeah, yeah, anyway, but.
Speaker 2: You bring that up because he also drives the semi trucks. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know why I brought it up. But then I didn't care about the truck part because I remember that he had sex with a child at one point. Is there an actual vault?
Speaker 2: There is like in the cage. There's like vault back in the cage. I've been back there. What's the code that they don't tell me that?
Speaker 1: I don't understand how anybody steals anything from because they're so it's just obnoxious. You can't even cash a thousand dollars chip without twenty people looking at it first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going to steal there, you're stealing like nickels and dimes because everything else they watch.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, so that's I hear what you're saying. Yeah, you're telling me, and go ahead and giving it. Printing game five, Start printing fives, guys, let's go. No one's checking the fives. You get twenty dollars on h sports betting? Do you use an app to do it? Or do you place it in person?
Speaker 2: No? An app?
Speaker 1: So I have the bet MGM sports app. Guys, I'm not sponsored. Let me just I want to know how much money I have in my account currently. You guess. If you can guess how much money I have in my account, I'll give you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: No, you have to guess what's what's within five hundred dollars of what's in my account. Let's see if you can guess. Go ahead, you take your.
Speaker 2: Time for about it. My family, I'm going to say seventeen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, how much did I say? I have to give a five hundred bucks? I give them a hundred bucks?
Speaker 2: But can you read it? Yeah? That was eighteen twenty four.
Speaker 1: God damn it. See that's why you're good. You know you know exactly how much money of eighteen twenty four hours. You got to be ashamed of yourself. Bet MGM, juice my account because now I'm down another one hundred buck. You wanna go double or nothing on how much money and cash I carry?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not. I'm not a gambling guy. I'll take my one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Fuck I don't have I don't have one hundred on me. We're gonna get it. I'll make good before I wind up dead in the back of a fucking you can sell me semi truck. I've never been to a strip club in Vegas. No, no, is that is that surprising? I figured you'd wander off. I've never had time in your twenties when you're I've never been to strip club in Vegas. If my wife ever dies, like and I'm still, you know, not in jail fighting shape, right, things are gonna get real wild. Were you at the casino when Roy was attacked?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not smiling because I think it's funny. I'm just like, what a weird day in history that you were a part of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird. Everyone was coming out. I didn't think it was like I thought everyone was like seeing things wrong in the show or something.
Speaker 1: But that was probably some bad I have no follow up question except for the fact that I know that you were there. I mean it was his fault though, right In general, I think that's the consensus.
Speaker 2: I mean, anytime you're around wild animals, I feel like it's your faults.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever wanted to own a big cat?
Speaker 2: No, do you have any pets? I do a couple of little dogs. What do you have. I'm not sure the exact breed because we adopted them from like the animal shelter.
Speaker 1: But you're such a hero.
Speaker 2: When they're playing in the house, I always hope that one of them will kill the other one because they're annoying.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, I've found my little dog. I have a medium sized dog and then a little dog, and the other day I couldn't find her, and I'm walking through the yard and then I just glance over here, and there's like an overflow area in my pool, which I always pull rabbits and rats out of from time to time. Don't worry, the filter system cleans all that up anyway. And I just see my dog is in there. She's stuck in there, swimming back and forth trying to get out. Could have been in there for fifteen minutes, could have been in there for six hours, don't really know, should have been dead, but she survived again anyway.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: My point is she always irritated me, and then I almost lost her last week, and I was like, oh, that had been a shitty way to lose her. So you don't want your dogs to eat each other the rat pack? Did you care about the rat pack at all?
Speaker 2: I think it was a little bit before my time.
Speaker 1: Of course it was before your time, the age, But did you like, do you have any like a soft spot for the heyday? The Frank Sinatra world?
Speaker 2: Do you have it?
Speaker 1: Do you look at that as like I like something neat?
Speaker 2: I think the old days were better. I think you can get rid of some of the bad employees and you know, spend some time digging some dirt in the desert.
Speaker 1: Huh, Yeah, I don't. I don't agree. I think the New world.
Speaker 2: You haven't worked in the casino with some of the employees.
Speaker 1: No, I've I've been in casinos. I've wait a lot more than your average degenerate. I went to a wedding once at Bally's and this is how gross this Vegas wedding was. As the bride was walking down the aisle, multiple men that were sitting on the aisle gave her a good slap on the ass, and I just remember going, this is insanity, Like this is crazy. It was so I mean, they were we were hackling the whole time. This was like and it was because the person that was getting married the was he owned a comedy club, but the woman that she he was marrying was not in the business, and and she had a real family and they had to just watch this and I was just like, this is horrific. You were you you were not at the concert?
Speaker 2: No, no, but I did work that night.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah. And the whole city go on lockdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they emptied out the whole casino and it was kind of chaotic when they did, and people running through. My wife got a stampeded down the hallway. Everyone you know, kind of left in a in a hurry like chaotic, and she got pushed towards the hallway ended up in a room with like fifty other people, like on the you know, twentieth.
Speaker 1: Floor, because that's a weird stampede that brought her to the twentieth floor. Yeah, there's story is not checking out at all. Right now, it's very suspicious. The most bizarre stamp feed up the elevator. Somebody pressed twenty. Now that's I'm sure it was terrifying, and I'm glad that that obviously didn't and I mean as bad as it could be. Yeah, whatever were you were you working the night uh Tupac was shot?
Speaker 2: Now I was just out of high school. I was what ninety eight?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, but you were there in Vegas. Yeah you didn't care?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. Boy, it was guy the fuck I do left? Do like my biggie more than two you? Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Battle lines here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, agree to disagree. Well, listen, Josh, I appreciate you stopping by. Thank you, and thank you. I'll see you in two Yeah, I'll be there, Casha, Well do you enjoy that? Carl, Josh, I appreciate you being on the show, and I sent you one hundred dollars for losing that bet during the interview. I also sent him a stack of scratchers, a whole stack of him, and he won seven dollars. Now, why I send him a stack of scratches. I'll tell you why. Because my in laws. I hate to go on another tangent about my in laws, but every Christmas they like to pretend like, oh, well, we've got this tradition of putting a scratcher on everybody's plate for the Christmas dinner. And I'm like, that's not unique. Everyone does that. That's why the Scratchers has all these stupid Christmas theme things. And there's nothing more, you know, the only thing more embarrassing than buying scratcher is redeeming a scratcher, a one that's just so stupid. Anyway, I get an, I host this holiday dinner and then everybody gets a scratcher, and then what do they do, Carl, They scratch. Oh now I get all this shit, you know, shavings all over our nice table. And what does everybody do? Oh I'm sure somebody will clean that up. Now. If that's not enough to infuriate me, listen to this, Carl. For two years, two years in a row, everyone has forgotten to lift their plate up and grab the scratcher. So for two years I just collected the scratches and put them back in the drawer. I don't even know if those if they are valid anymore, but Josh, I'm happy to tell my family they would have won seven dollars. All right, some plugs, Boyswearpink dot Com. Check that out, purchase something for your friend's kid. That's a good idea reminder, it's charitable. The Goat coming out on Freebie and Prime in a few months, getting excited about that. May fourth, the Netflix Comedy Festival in Los Angeles at the Dolby I'll be performing and next week, ready for this big announcement, I will be performing at a new casino for the first time in fifteen years in Las Vegas. What's it gonna be. I hope it's pet friendly. Yeah, so we're gonna go to a new casino. All right, but before we go, another one of my son's bedtime stories when he's three. People that are just listening to this, know that the people that watch it on YouTube, not only are you getting the animation of Eddie Goslin, you're also getting subtitles so you can figure out what the fuck he's talking about. See you next week.
Speaker 3: About one to pilot time. And there's so way where on the weather on a boat where a helicopter, three helicopters, and there were so many talk at their eating the heltop they didn't know at under the boat were a fat, but the soul did not. At the boat. We're doing on the big big ray and the big big ray the boat were posty doing older the way and then there's so and then and then they're so so off the bottom of the boat, and then and then it the and then they went sat and so and then going to houraday to pop it back and ain't the whole bodin?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I have to remind you wherever you're listening to this podcast to make sure that you rate it, but rate it five stars. If you're going to rate it four stars, you know what, don't even bother five stars. Please also subscribe that matters. Subscribe and rate but rate high