Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle.
Speaker 2: Here the briefest of brief messages before we get into the podcast.
Speaker 1: If you live in the Los Angeles area, I am doing a live therapy Gecko podcast recording on May second and May third here in Los Angeles at the Lodge Room. Tickets are sold out for May second, but there are still a few left for May third. So if you live in Los Angeles and you want to come see me do this podcast in front of a live audience of people, then you can check the show notes for a link to the tickets. And if you don't live in Los Angeles, stay tuned because I'm coming to you at some point, and uh, thank you for listening, and let's get into the podcast.
Speaker 3: Baby, We've been together for like a year now, and we were having sex in the beginning, and it's like died out. So I like, I'm just confused.
Speaker 2: I guess, Dick, why don't you like having sex?
Speaker 4: I don't really know. It's not like I don't like to sorry to cuss on the strength to come, but it's just I don't know. I don't see the the point I guess.
Speaker 2: Interesting, so you don't see the point of coming. Hello, Hello, Hi, is this Dick and Jane?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: It says here, Dick and Jane, you are twenty three and twenty two, You're from Phoenix, and you're trying to have some figure out some bedroom problems. It says here that Dick is not a fan of having sex, and that he's open to Jane having sex with other people to satisfy her need. But correct, Jane, it says here that you don't seem sure of whether or not you're comfortable doing that. Is that correct? What the call screener.
Speaker 3: Said, Well, I've never been like, I don't know, I've never been in this situation. So it's just very new and I'm I don't know I have I don't really even know how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Let me talk to uh, let me talk to Dick first. Dick, why don't you like having sex?
Speaker 4: I you know, I don't really know. It's not like I don't like to uh, sorry to cuss on the strength to come, but it's just I don't know. I don't see the the point I guess I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just not in my.
Speaker 4: Like wants, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So you don't see the point of.
Speaker 5: Coming yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, it's kind of like, I don't know, man, I I'm happier drinking and like working.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I you know, I know it's a weird thing to say, but yeah, I don't know. Sex. Sex isn't my thing.
Speaker 2: It's just not in your wheelhouse. It's not of you have noticed it?
Speaker 6: Do you? Do?
Speaker 2: You masturbate.
Speaker 5: Every now and then?
Speaker 4: Very rarely? I would say, like once every couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you see, uh a person that you're attracted to on the street or on your computer or whatever, does that? Does that make you horny?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I definitely get horny. It's not like a like I don't feel sexual desire. It's like I don't have the the desire to fulfill the desires, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 2: And yeah, no, that actually makes a lot of sense. Uh So, Jane are you there?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you feel about all of uh? What? What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: Dick has expressed?
Speaker 8: It's I guess it's a little confusing just because well, me and Dick, like we met in college and we were like friends with benefits with each other, but also like a lot of different people, and we were both having.
Speaker 3: A lot of sex while we were just friends, and then we've been together for like a year now and we were having sex in the beginning, and it's like died out. So I like, I'm just confused. I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so Dick was at one point quite sexually active, but it just fizzled out. Yes, interesting, Dick, what made it fizzle out? Do you think do you have it? Do you even have an answer to that question? Or was it just a natural thing?
Speaker 4: Uh? I actually do I I literally I was just like I don't know if it's like just written into my brain, but I just see sex as like the courting process and then once you're actually you get somebody and it's like the actual love stuff matters.
Speaker 5: But I feel like.
Speaker 4: That, I know that the dumb argument. I know no one else thinks like that.
Speaker 2: So it's like, well, well, hold on, hold on, I don't think it's a dumb argument. It's just it's just there's no it's not a it's not a thing of correct or incorrect. It's just how you look at it. So you're not wrong. But I guess now that you are in a relationship and you have found a sort of love the sex part of that is is just not important to you.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's not that we don't have sex. We just I know she likes to have sex a lot, and I am like once a month, twice a month that is perfectly fine by me, where I know she would like it at least multiple times a week.
Speaker 2: So Jane, yes, sirs, tell tell us what is what is your sort of sexual situation is? Would you consider sex to be very important to you?
Speaker 3: I mean it's I've since I've started being sexual, like in my life, I haven't really slowed down, I guess, but I've also like used sex for not healthy purposes, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 2: Well healthy purposes.
Speaker 3: It's well, I mean I had a lot of body issues in my life, and I was like, well, if I have sex with people, like my body is fine, Like it's with like validation, you know. So it's like and I.
Speaker 9: Guess I still have body issues, so maybe that's why I feel that way, but I also just know, like I am a very sexual person, and so it was just like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I like, I love dick so much, so it's like it was just off to me when I wait, okay, well you know Richard.
Speaker 2: But see, yeah, I was. I was wondering when you said you loved Dick so much. I was. I was genuinely. I know it's funny, but I was genuine wondering. Do you mean like you actually.
Speaker 4: Loved Dick but me Dick is what you mean?
Speaker 3: Anyways?
Speaker 2: Sorry, So you two are are are very much happy being with each other. Would you say that this is I was one of okay, great, so you would say that this is one of the really only source sticking points.
Speaker 4: It's not like a conflict or anything.
Speaker 5: It's just more of like.
Speaker 4: A I know that she wants this thing, and for me, I do not want this thing very often. And it's more of just like it wouldn't piss me off at all if she was doing this for you know, her thing, it just wouldn't you know.
Speaker 2: It's so now that we have the backgrounds. Uh, you have proposed the idea that Jane go out and have sex with other people. Uh, Jane, what what is your your thoughts on this idea?
Speaker 5: It's she I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to say that I like want to do it, but I'm open to the idea of doing it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on. When you say you don't want to say that you want to do it? Do you mean you don't want to say it? Or do you mean you you genuinely don't want to.
Speaker 3: It's not that I don't want to. I just don't know how to say, like I don't want to have sex with other people, but I.
Speaker 6: Want to have sex.
Speaker 3: M It's it's conflicting. So because I'm a very monogamous person, but like when I'm in a relationship, obviously, but that's just who I am. But I'm not closed off to the idea.
Speaker 5: I would just need.
Speaker 3: More clarification on like the process and how this is, how this is supposed to go.
Speaker 2: The process of how this is supposed to go? What what? What? What do you What's give me an example of like a process. I don't know what you mean by what when you say process?
Speaker 4: Where do we start?
Speaker 3: How do I do I scout someone out? Do do we go scouting out to get there?
Speaker 2: Let's listen, listen, listen, listen. Congratulations, you have the same exact problem of any other you know, single person who's trying to have sex. Does that track? I mean, that's that's your your here's the thing is your your But here's the thing your your boyfriend has given you permission to do whatever you want, and then from there the process. Uh, it's the fucking same as any other process of anyone else trying to get laid, which is like whatever, man, you go out to a bar, you go on tender, you join a soccer club, you know your boyfriend. Your boyfriend can give you permission within the bounds of your relationships to go have sex with other people, but he can't give you a guide on how to do it. He's not like a He can't like be some sort of pick up artist mentor for you.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like do you want like do you want to know details? Do you want? Like I just don't know what you do and you don't want to know.
Speaker 4: Like that's what I'm And I feel this is lile what you were just saying, Like it's just up to you, Like I'm just literally throwing the ballpark out there for what you need, and I just you you make the ship.
Speaker 2: You make the rules exactly. Look, because here's the thing, getting laid can be hard. I think that that might be one of the reasons why uh Dick doesn't want to have anything to do with it. So I mean, let'sten, there's, there's, here's, here's here's. I feel like one of the sort of final pieces of the puzzle. Are you wondering if Dick wants to know if you go have sex with other people? Because that's another thing I've heard about, you know, in some of these kind of relationship setups where it's like, Okay, you can do everything, but I don't want to know about it. And then there's a version where it's like, hey, honey, go out on a night to the town, go out on your date, nobody come home. We can talk all about it and I'll listen with glee. You know, I don't know what's what what you guys are though.
Speaker 4: It comes down to that's a that's a good question. I think we got to talk about that like on our own because I don't really know on that side, that's a good question. I don't know if I want to know or if I don't want to know. I feel like there's a guy taking her out on a night. Dat I don't see any problem with that. But it's like, yeah, I'm going to move here and get banned. Obviously that's not it's different. That's different, But at.
Speaker 3: The same time, the action that was just spoken about is like the whole point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's hard, That's what I'm saying. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh, well listen, here's here's the thing is, you know, I think regardless of what happens, because clearly sounds like you two, uh have no problem communicating with each other. So uh, I would just I would just continue to do that.
Speaker 4: I just think we wanted to hear just a third party. We just needed like a third party in this to like say something pretty much, we're a.
Speaker 3: Huge fan of your podcast.
Speaker 2: Like we Yeah, so I I appreciate that. I feel like you sound well, you you sound like you're you were like confused. You were like I don't know what the process is or whatever, and it's like, well, you're not going to be given a process. You're just going to be given permission within the bounds of the relationship. And then also, you know, I don't know, sounds like maybe you want to get into deeper specifics of what you know, should we talk about it? Like, you know, if I'm going on a date with if I'm texting some guy on Tinder, like does day does Dick want to be there, like, Oh, what should I say to him next type of ship? Like how involved does he want to be? You know, I think that's sort of the next step in the conversation for you.
Speaker 3: I agree, and yeah.
Speaker 2: This guys just cut out now. But uh, is there anything in particular you guys want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Can you say that again?
Speaker 2: Is there anything you guys want to say before we go? No?
Speaker 3: No, we appreciate your out man.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a great day, beautiful, take care guys. Hi, man, people are really uh, people are really chill these days. I like it. I fuck with those two. Those two are sick. I there's a lot. I haven't read the chat, but dude, I posted this clip on Instagram a while ago from a polyamorous couple that called in, and there was just all these like nasty comments on it, being like, oh, that guy's a cock and uh whatever. I would never let my girlfriend do this, But I like, I fuck with both of them. They both seemed like they had like a really healthy relationship with each other. And that guy dick Uh he I'm I'm jealous of him. I wish I could transcend I wish I could fucking transcend my own desire to have sex. That would be incredible. I would get so much more done. I would be a happier person. Life would be great. Dick is chillin. He's he's not only transcended his desire to have sex, which which by the way, almost makes him God. We were put on the earth to kind of fuck each other and repopulate, and the biological drive all that stuff, And Dick looked at Dick looked at that, and he said, no, I am conscious. I am above the laws of my own body. What a what a G? What a G? And then he's not. And then not only that, he's secure enough in his relationship, he trusts his partner enough to be like, I don't give a fuck what you do. Does it go? Fuck whoever you want. Then come home and let's watch a movie or something. I like those guys. People are chill. There's another thing, too, is I feel like people who have And you could you could tell on the phone too that he was like he did. He hadn't even came to terms with how he felt like he was. He kept being like, I know, it's like wrong, Like he kept feeling like he was like doing something wrong by feeling the way he was feeling, uh, just because it's the way he's feeling is not probably reflected, and a lot of other people he meets or sees or hears about or whatever, you could tell that he was like in it, like weird in his mind. He he didn't quite come to terms with uh, like how he was feeling I think, And it possibly could have been because he was scared of of whether or not his partner would like be cool with it. But it's kind of surprising. I think the amount of people that are out there, if you find the right ones that kind of mesh with you, that will be cool with your weird thing. He found someone who's cool with his weird thing. I mean that that girl Jane, she's trying. She just trying to make it. She is with him, trying to make it work. That's sick. I like those guys. I think they'll be fine. I like, I would love to if Dick, if Dick is open to it, I would love to. H Like if I got an Instagram ad uh from and he was selling like an ebook along with a course or something on how to transcend your own desire to have sex. I would. I would absolutely buy that for fourteen ninety nine, I would. I would. You know, like, obviously you can't choose these things about you. You know, we all know that they're like whatever, conversion therapies and stuff that's you know, it's no good. But if I could attend some kind of asexual conversion therapy, I'm there, Hello, Hello, Jasmine? Is that you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How's your life going, Jasmine?
Speaker 3: I'm fantastic, litt nervous?
Speaker 7: Am I talking to ghek?
Speaker 2: You are talking to the gecko boy?
Speaker 7: Uh god, it's so nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: It's nice to meet you as well. I do you consider talk?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 2: Would you consider this meeting? Even though we're on the phone. I feel like this is you know, it's pretty good. It's it's it's we are definitely connected. I can hear you, you can hear me. But have we met, right? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 7: It's more realistic this way than like walking around in the street, you know, like I don't. I'm not in Los Angeles, So I feel like I feel like this is a good way. It's I kept say this meetings, this is dope.
Speaker 2: Well, Jasmine, it says here you know, I'm I don't Sometimes I don't like doing the it says here a thing. What what is it that you called in to talk about today.
Speaker 7: Jasmine, Well, I called to share a little story about something that happened to me. And I think I was just like eighth grade or like a freshman in high school where poop my pants ship myself.
Speaker 2: As a result of.
Speaker 5: What'd you say?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, real quick, it's just here that you were trying to impress a boy when this happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I not with doing so it just happened to be a factor. I don't think he was impressed. I don't know if he knows to this day, but you know, it feels.
Speaker 2: Free if you want to start from the beginning of this.
Speaker 7: Oh perfect, Okay, I sorry, I think I'm I'm anxious or excited one of the two. But sweet, Okay. So I live over in the Midwest and there's a very big kind of like I don't know, like a it's like a water park and like a like a ride kind of area I guess if you will, all in one And I was going to church at the time, and my church group decided to go there for like a little day trip in the summertime, and there was another church group that was kind of merging with us, and I thought that one of the boys from that other church group was really cute, and so I was really excited that he was going to be there. And we go to this the water park section or whatever, and I'm very excited. I was kind of a little tomboy at that time, and so I just would kind of hang out with the boys and there is this big time There's this one water slide that just goes like straight down you know those guys, and you know, I was so excited. I was like, Oh, this is you know, this is my chance to impress Josh or whatever. And so I went up with all the guys and we were all kind of going back and forth or whatever, like, Oh my gosh, who's gonna go first? And so I was like, you know, fuck it, I'll do it. So I got ready. I went down the giant water slide and when I'm like sitting back up, I feel a little sloshing in my one piece and I'm a little confused, and so I don't really think much of it though. I just kind of stand up and we the entire group is just walking to the next thing or whatever. But I'm I'm trailing back and I smell this god awful smell, and I'm really nervous because the guys are like, ohh, I come do this thing with us or whatever, and I'm like, you know, I'm gonna go to the bathroom quick. And there's only public bathrooms there, not like you know, I guess like family ones or whatever that I could find at least. And so I went to the bathroom and I ran into a stall and like took my one piece off and just saw shit everywhere in my black swimsuit.
Speaker 5: And I got.
Speaker 7: Really nervous because I was like, oh my god, I have the entirety of the day. And so I like peek out off the stall really quickly to see if anybody's in there, and it looked like everyone had left. So I run out of the stall butt naked to the to the sink and I take off my swimsuit and I try to wash it in the sink with like soap and water, and I hear like a mother and a child come in, So I take it and then I run back into the stall and like try and just wipe everything up that I can, and I kind of just keep doing rounds back and forth to clean it.
Speaker 2: Man, that sounds intensely stressful. I really, I really you kind of like put me there. Yeah, I know you did, because I could smell it too. I was imagining what it would be like to be in that situation, you know, like especially when you're like in ninth grade and just just saw a pressure sure to not have shit in your pants at most times. I mean, that's that was heroic of you to run out of the bathroom but naked back in foot, you know what. You know, what I like about that story is that you experienced of extremely stressful situation and you attacked it with a solution. You know, you didn't give up. I mean, I mean realistically, realistically, you had no choice. You had no choice but to find a solution. It's inspiring story, actually great.
Speaker 7: I think this is my biggest example of perseverance. Like you know how when you go to jobs interviews and they're like, what's one one time that you showed this? I think this is a perfect example of one time.
Speaker 2: Have you ever told that story an answer question?
Speaker 7: I haven't. I've actually been terrified to share the story with anyone.
Speaker 5: For years.
Speaker 7: There's one time I got really drunk with my friends though, and I them about it finally, and they're the only ones who like know about it. And I think I told my boyfriend maybe once. I'm like, I I have not.
Speaker 2: Here really okay, So how do you feel having shared it on uh on the computer? You know, I feel with you.
Speaker 7: I feel comfortable with you. I'm gonna be really honest. I think I'm a I love your I listen to a lot of your stuff on Spotify and watch your dreams when I can. And every time I hear like a like a Pope story, I'm just like, fuck, I really got a call and share this one.
Speaker 2: No, I will look thank you for putting me. You know, it's funny because like if something like that happened to me now, actually stuff like that kind of does happen to me. I I I've clogged toilets at horrible uh times situations and I've had to deal with that. But I mean, especially at fifteen, that's a that's called the fight or flight situation to get in. So yeah, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know what I would do now at twenty, I have no idea.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else that you want to say to the people the computer.
Speaker 7: Before we go, thank you guys for listening and chat's really funny. So I appreciate how cool you guys were about it. And uh, I appreciate I hope you guys laughed as much as Actid during this.
Speaker 2: Beautiful Thank you for calling Jasmine.
Speaker 7: Thank you you're so lovely.
Speaker 5: Have a good night.
Speaker 2: She's very kind. Yeah, I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Uh, I guess I probably would have now did the stall have toilet paper in it? Because I it's hard to get like water in there, right, so you can probably just have like gotten naked in the stall and used toilet paper to wipe away the shit. That's what I would have done first, is I would have done the first a little wipe through, and then I would have gone out and washed the suit. But dude, I mean, in a public restroom like that, especially at a water park, there's probably like eight stalls, I mean, to find the opportunity and then you have to like sort of a look out and see if there's anybody there, and to find the opportunity where you are truly completely alone enough to wash that suit, complete that operation. That's a whole thing. I'm very impressed by that. Hello, Hello, Why is the sand?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's sad, but yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What I thought.
Speaker 2: I read Sam, and I was like, it's gotta be Sam to the end and the end way too close on the keyboard for for it not to be, for it not to be sad. Uh, what's going on? Uh say, I'm gonna you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna blasphemize the computer and tell that it's wrong. So I'm gonna just call you Sand if that's okay. Oh, Frad, what's going on with you? Sam?
Speaker 6: Just just got out of work, pretty tired.
Speaker 2: What do you do for work?
Speaker 6: I'm an electrician?
Speaker 2: You're a what.
Speaker 6: Electrician?
Speaker 2: You're an electrician? How how many times have you electrocuted yourself?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Not gonna lie, electrocuting myself? Like at least three times to wake myself up? And I'm at work?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on? You electrocute it yourself three times to wake yourself up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like I work at like seven in the morning. I had to be there. I had to wake up at five thirty and then be at the job set at seven in the morning, so I'm pretty still pretty tired, so I just like touched at a hot wired and it's just like wake up like that stead of drinking like a monster, like a rebel or would wake up.
Speaker 2: So you electricate yourself on purpose to wake up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: And would you say it is more effective than an energy drink or a coffee?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Honestly, what does the sensation of electricating yourself feel like? Well?
Speaker 6: I played with one twenty votes, so that's like a baby, like that's baby compared to life and liken like uh in the job saie, that's like the baby's app So it's pretty much nothing. It's just like a regular shot like those guns them with like those guns that people would shock you they thic.
Speaker 9: Like one of those.
Speaker 2: Is this a common thing for electricians to do?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure. I'm not asking my co workers.
Speaker 2: How do you think your co workers would respond if you told them that you were intentionally shocking yourself to wake yourself up?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think they'll do the same thing because they they're pretty tired as well, So.
Speaker 2: You think it would catch on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to entice one of your co workers into shocking themselves by telling them that it gives you a burst of energy.
Speaker 6: No, I have not.
Speaker 2: What does the actual process of shocking yourself look like?
Speaker 6: Uh? Just so we have like a little a little ten it's like a machine because it's called a pent tester or volt tester, and you turn it on and it's like lights of green and you go to like a hot wire. You make sure like it's hot, like the black obviously the black wire. If it's hot, they start beeping the vote test the pent tester and if from there, you just take out the wire net and just slightly touch it and then just let go and then you get a shock.
Speaker 2: Is this something that you would recommend to other people?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: M Do you feel like you can note? Do you feel like you can sense a notable difference in your day between a day where you do shock yourself and a day where you don't?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh yeah, because I always talk myself sometimes when like IA, like for example, when they your new podcast, like we're there, so I listened to it and I'm from there, like probably tomorrow I'll I may or may not do like shock myself to wake myself up because I have nothing else like no other podcasts like listen to it. It's just like your.
Speaker 2: Honestly, So if I have a podcast that comes out, you listen to that instead of shocking yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like it like every well, Mondays and Wednesdays the room when you drop like a new episode and then from there it's just like that's my starts up my dating, honestly, and then from there like to them tomorrow. Like I said, it's no a new episode or just like like what can I wake my solf up with?
Speaker 2: Have you tried switching to just coffee or energy drinks as opposed to shocking yourself.
Speaker 6: I had no time for like to stop at a gas station and get like an energy drink for anything, because I'm already running late.
Speaker 2: I guess that makes sense because if you're already on the job working with wires, it's more convenient and sort of already on your way to just shock yourself instead of going to a convenience store and getting a coffee. Yeah, so it makes perfect sense. Yeah, you could say that, Sam, it'sis here that you have some baby mama drama. Do you want to tell us about that?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, you might like this one version I'm in a long story, short story.
Speaker 2: I'll take the short story, all right.
Speaker 6: So me and mother Mama we were talking pro out whatever, and then I guess just things just stop working and we woke up and now image a new girl. And then in January came and boom, she told me she was pregnant. And I was like, oh, well, I guess I'm of that now. And yeah, pretty much it. I told my current girl and she sort and it's all my parents and they're supportive and somewhat supportive not and they like, well, we don't think it's my kid. My girlfriend, my current girlfriend doesn't think it's my kid, and there's just like.
Speaker 5: Just worried about it.
Speaker 6: If it is my kid, like I'm stepping up whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay. And so you were dating a girl, you broke up, she tells you that she has a kid and that it's yours.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, you started dating a new girl. You like the new girl, but you also want to be involved in the kid's life. Is that all correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then it says here that you're worried about how this ordeal will affect your new relationship. Yeah, in what in what way do you feel like being in this child's life will affect the relationship you have going with this new person.
Speaker 6: My new girl, she's kind of cycle, kind of like oh what we say here in Texas like where I'm from, like folks because toxics toxic people, and so yeah, like she did. My girl is just kind of crazy anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you and you you consider your new girlfriend how long you dated this girl for?
Speaker 6: Oh, we did it about a year. We're about a year. We're always even if we were getting before and in from we woke up, we woke up this, we woke up. So when now were like two months again dating again?
Speaker 2: Right? All right, so let me let me let me get this time. That's straight. You're dating this new girl, you take a break, you date the girl who is your baby mama, you get her pregnant, you break up, you go back to dating the other girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, why do you consider this girl that you're dating now to be toxic?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: The way she is like she wants me there like at her she wants me there at twenty four to seven and every time like at her house. I can't of course that'll be with her twenty four seven. If my friend texts me, it's some of that she doesn't want me to hang out with my friends and like, just I'm just like that, and I gif I do go on my friends. She gets by her like I'm just sad and like she just wants to be there like with her twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: So I think I might be I think you you you might be some sort of a masochist. Do you know what a masochist does? No, I have not mask is somebody who enjoys I yeah, I think the saydest is the one who gives the I think a massacist is somebody who enjoys pain they inflict upon themselves.
Speaker 6: Because a little shocking.
Speaker 2: Thing, well, the shocking thing the fact that you're dating a girl who you openly are saying is is toxic. Why why do you continue to date this girl if you consider her time toxic?
Speaker 6: Because I mean, like it towards at the end of the day, like she makes me happy no matter what. Like, yeah, I think she makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So at the end of the day she makes you happy, But is she stopping you from doing other things that make you happy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Not really? Every Thursday, I play football, like I play sports for wherevery Thursday have a game. She goes through me and she like, m let me play football. But it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So she she's cool with you enjoying your hobbies. So how is she toxic? Then? If she she seems like she's cool with letting you do things.
Speaker 6: It's just like pharmacy wise, like I want like my own personal time and like all like because like I get out of work like super late, and I want my own time, and she like would bug me and like sometimes even check my phone or something and stuff like that, like she will like get messed, Like if I don't poster, she gets mad, like, hey, why don't you post to me? This isn't ad.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's get back to the kid. Okay, what do you think she will think of the kid?
Speaker 6: Um oh in her mind right now, saying that it's not my kids. So right now we're just waiting put the kids to be born and from there we'll go on. She says she'll supporting me, but I'm not sure if she is or she isn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she thinks it's not your kid, and soon you're gonna take I assume opportunity test and you will, uh find out for sure whether or not it's your kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely I.
Speaker 2: Will, Okay, And so assuming it is your kid, do you think that she will be support of you being in the kid's life.
Speaker 6: I think she will, but like her trust is going to go like.
Speaker 5: Pretty like.
Speaker 6: I'm not like pretty high like high alert because my like my mama wants because my band mama wants me to be like spend the day like go to her house and see the kids for at least two hours and then go do whatever I want after work and then from there, like if I want to see my if like my kid wants to be with me, like if I want to see the kid to like my aunts, er my parents' house, whatever, like my big mama has to be with me like so oft the whole time because the may is still new like a newborn.
Speaker 10: And when I listen, Sam, I think, I think you need to do a little bit of like you know in term you know, like you have good intentions.
Speaker 2: Uh you want to be a good boy friend and you want to be a good dad. I can tell that about you because if you didn't, you wouldn't be calling or you wouldn't even be thinking about these things, you would just be sort of fucking around. You want to be a good dad, and you want to be a good boyfriend. But I think you gotta kind of like step back for a second and examine what your priorities are, if that makes sense, And once you've done that, it would help you to just sort of stick by them and be like, Hey, these are my non negotiable priorities and you can either be with me as I attend to them or you cannot. Is that fair? What do you think about that? So for you to be like, hey, listen, what's what's this girl's h what's give me a fake name for your baby mama. I'm gonna call her Victoria. It feels like an interest. You gotta be like, hey, Victoria, listen, if this child is mine, I want to be in this child's life. That means I'm gonna go to the soccer games. I'm gonna go to the school parent teacher events where me and the baby mama are gonna have to sit down talk to the teacher. We're gonna have to do certain things together. Because it's the mother of my child, she's gonna have to be involved in my life to a certain extent and I'm gonna have to deal with that because I love my child. This is what's gonna happen. I'm putting my foot down. I'm telling you this because it's important to me. Do with that information, would you please? You have to kind of tell her that if that, if this is truly important to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well yeah, my daughter well might sooner being born. Daughter is pretty important to me at the home.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean, what do you think about what I've just said to you out like sort of internally lying out your priorities and trying as hard as you can just stand by them.
Speaker 6: Pretty much, was like, yeah, that's that's what I want kind of to do, like plus to my girl and tell her like hey, like yeah, like I said, I'm seeing authorities that about my kid. And if you said it perfectly.
Speaker 2: Listen, what's your name? San Sam? Do me a favor, Sam. Stop shocking yourself for not not not Don't do it for me, don't do it for don't even do it for you. Do it for the child because she's gonna she's gonna because here's the thing, Uh, I remember being a kid. When you're a kid, you want to fuck around with everything exposed, wires, barbed wires, spiky cactus shoes, just fuck around with stuff, just touch everything. And your kid's gonna see you fucking around with the wires, and she's gonna want to fuck around with the wires and the voltage that you use. It's not enough to kill you, but it's enough to kill her. So man, try like a monster or something. Those are pretty good. There's lots of alternatives out there for you. All hope is not lost.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll try a month. I'll say about red Bull the watermelon.
Speaker 2: Favor, that one I have tried, the reddible watermelon flavor. That could get their new slogan better than shocking yourself readibule watermelon. You could be the guy. You could be the spokesperson. You can tell people you're sorry you used to have to shock yourself with wires, but now you get an even better buzz from red Bull Watermelon.
Speaker 6: That's hey, Red Bull India.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Sam uh nos be just appreciate you, gig thanks to the words. I keeple with my heart, keep it in my mind every day, and you could do what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Thank you for Collin San.
Speaker 6: They've got they.
Speaker 2: See I uh, you know, I feel for San because, like I here's what I kind of believe, Not that I have any beliefs about anything, but I believe you can kind of you can kind of like do whatever you want until you have a kid. Like if you want to like shock yourself, or be in a shitty relationship, or run off to a foreign country or go to you can kind of just do anything with your life until you have a kid. Then you have this like inherent responsibility to a thing forever. That's why I don't want to have kids so that I can just be shitty. I would love I love being I love being shitty. It's awesome. I love being shitty and having no responsibilities to anyone except for myself. It's great. I never want to give that up. Maybe in a decade, when I find myself cripplingly lonely as a result of my actions, I'll rethink that. But until then, I'm having an awesome time answering to absolutely no one. Sam unfortunately has values that are going to cripple him. He has a genuine desire to be a good father, which will cripple him in his decisions, in his paths in life. He can't really go by the whims of his Uh, he's really enjoying. You could tell he's really enjoying living at the whim of his as he calls it, as he calls her toxic girlfriend, and like he can totally do that and enjoy doing that. But now he has a kid, and the love that he has for his kid is gonna conflict with that, and he's got to deal with that, and I feel for him. I hope he's able to deal with it in a constructive way. Meanwhile, myself and the rest of us that don't have children will enjoy bathing in as much toxicity as we please. Good luck to Sam, Sam whatever his name was, he had good intentions. I hope he follows them.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Is this Dave from Tennessee?
Speaker 5: Yes to Dave?
Speaker 7: Dave?
Speaker 2: Yes, what's going on? Dave?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy heart is to you as well. David says here twenty five years old, you're from Tennessee. Says that you have a speech impediment, and you would like to discuss how you feel society views speech impediments. Is that accurate?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me more about that.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's it's it's a little difficult, I think, especially in the retail space, I get a lot of looks, but I'll try not to take it personally.
Speaker 2: Do you work in retail?
Speaker 5: I do. I won't disclose the company name this out of I guess either the respect or the fear that when you're fired. Okay, but yeah, I work in retail.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you work in retail, you get a lot of Do you get a lot of people being let's let's let we'll get to the looks, but let's start at like sort of the most intense reactions. Do you get people who are hostile with you because of your speech impediment?
Speaker 5: Not necessarily a hot style, but there are some people that I guess they have never experienced a speech impediment, so they tend to think that something is wrong. I guess when that's not the case at all.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 5: It's worse with a stress and the work, it's it's it's hard, but I'm just like, hey, no, nothing's wrong. I'm just trying to help you out there. Famly, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: So when you're stressed out, does the speech impediment kind of get worse or a flare up more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it definitely gets worse. The yes.
Speaker 6: Found it.
Speaker 5: It's already hard enough. I think it's worse with stress. Ah, just my my ability to communicate gets harder under stress.
Speaker 2: So people you said, I don't have a lot of experience with people have speech impediments, and you feel like that gives them a wrong idea. What would you like those people to know?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think the first thing is like I'm not and most people that have speak impediments are not like handicaps. I guess in like a mental way.
Speaker 6: M h.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess that's the first thing. But the second thing is also like, it's not really that big of a deal to us, except for when it's made a big deal.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Then it becomes an become an iss you.
Speaker 2: So it's not a big deal to you except when somebody else outside of your own sphere comes along and in some way, shape or form makes it into a big deal.
Speaker 5: Yes, accurate.
Speaker 2: Do you have an example of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So in high scho school, which was like fifteen years ago, though we'll not fifteen, like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Like my.
Speaker 5: Freshman high person year, I had moved to a to a tinier part Tennessee. I think I was the like the only person in that school that had like a a continuous speech impediment, uh like uh at that age, Like it had developed in a in it in my youth and never never went away. But I remember my first two three weeks there were just a number uhh uh of classmates that that thought that that I was like having a stroke, yeah, like a heart attack. And I was like, no, that's that's not That's not the case at all. I mean, that's that's not the case at all.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know, I assume that after a while, you you get annoyed with having to sort of be the uh spokesperson of yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the majority of the people during my life, I think I'm the only one that's in their life that has a speech impediment uh uh huh huh at my age.
Speaker 6: So it does.
Speaker 5: Become annoying. But I also I try to keep in my mind that most people don't really know like the whole thing just behind they speak impediment, So I try not to judge.
Speaker 2: I guess interesting, So I that's kind of cool to me that, you know, instead of responding with like a an anger. You it sounds like you almost kind of you get it. You're like, oh, I understand why people think the things that they think about me and what's going on with me. So I guess you know, you're like, I can't really blame them, because I'm sure if I were them, I'd think the same things.
Speaker 5: It's most definitely uh a god experience, I guess for people that don't have these speak speak impediment. But also the main worry that that I've had, at least is that people will will assume that I am uh huh unintelligent or uh or were incapable of communicating uh in the way that needs to be uh in that specific situations. So it's made uh, it's made the act of being uh. But you know, UH twenty year old, I guess ex experience. UH it's not one that uh I had uh uh a whole lot of access to uh uh uh until I had some friends that didn't really care and that I had a.
Speaker 2: Speaking right, right, you almost have to like, uh do a little bit of like extra proving yourself. I mean, you know, I look, everybody UH feels some kind of weird pressure to prove their own you know, intelligence and whatnot. And you've got a little bit of extra of that within you because you know, you're walking around with all these people's uh, you know, expectations of you know, what your what your level of intelligence is like because of of of how you sound.
Speaker 5: Definitely is more work that goes into it.
Speaker 2: Well, well, listen, Dave is there you know, I know we sort of talked a lot about this particular question, uh before we got kind of wanted to phrase it again so that you have the opportunity to like tell any any any wrap up thoughts on it. But what would you like the people listening to this to know about people with speech impediments that you think would make you know their lives a little bit easier.
Speaker 5: So more often but than not. Well, we are intelligent, but we just need a little extra time to communicate what we want to communicate, I guess is the main message that I want treat out there?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else I want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Happy holidays?
Speaker 5: Make use of it.
Speaker 2: It is twenty It is for twenty at the time that this is being recorded. Or are you high right now? Uh?
Speaker 5: Not at the moment I was earlier. I had to make dinner, so I had to chill out a.
Speaker 2: Minute before the right answer, Because if you had said yes, I would have tracked the phone number, found your address and called the police on you instantly. But luckily I won't have to do that.
Speaker 5: I love you, Thank you, thank you, Dave. My see.
Speaker 2: Crap. I should have asked him if getting high made his speech better or worse. I'll have to look that up. Well, I don't even know if it's like a look uppable thing. I don't know if it's different for sort of each person. But who knows. You know, I go on Reddit a lot. If you go on read a lot, you know that weed is the cure for everything, cancer, speech impediments, loneliness. Never be kid goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. Never be kid goes to his side.
Speaker 4: He's teaching you cloud in the middle
Speaker 2: Of your life, but he's not really an expert.