Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Victory Monday, coming at you from the Star. It is the SWC Podcast Studios. It is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming former Cowboys safety Barry Church.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sir, Heck Maharrison is.
Speaker 3: Here, I am new he Scrugs and the Cowboys pull off a thirty four to twenty six victory in the Nation's capital at Bedexfield. The Cowboys with an incredible fourth quarter. Brad Sham once said that the great Eric Nadel, who's a Hall of Famer for the Texas Rangers, said, you always want to come to the ballpark because you may never know when you see something you've never seen before. Gentlemen, had you ever seen a fourth quarter or a Cowboy game like that?
Speaker 5: He No, No, I've never been a part of anything like that. I've never seen a game so back and forth like that. And I'm telling you, from the first quarter, I was were texting back and forth like this is bad, sloppy. It was sloppy on both sides.
Speaker 2: And I think we came in.
Speaker 5: We had the Commanders up on a pedestal, you know, defensively, offensively Jaydon Daniels, you know, Rookie of the Year before you caven given the trophy. But either way, he just all the different things that you were seeing from them. You anticipated this game being a get right game for the Commanders and they will come out motivated to show that weapons, show the defense.
Speaker 2: You know, we were kind of scared for Cooper Rush. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: You know, the offensive line, who who you got, Who's gonna protect them? And then all of setting the game changed. It got to the point where you needed to make plays, and guys like Ceedee Lamb, no matter how we felt about him, we talked about him, Ceedee Lamb made some plays when it counted that they needed and Cooper Rush may have threw him, threw him into a couple of headaches, but he still came down with the ball. And man, I got a word for my man for Kittle Kelsey, you better hurry up and get back. You better hurry up and get back because scoolmaker had himself one hell of a game. But I had never knew I had never seen anything like that, man. And and that fourth quarter was probably as wild the fourth quarter as I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, I was gonna say the and I'm sure you all had to say the text on my phone from Turpin with the touchdown to McLaurin touchdown to the mixed the extra point to one year Thomas Society.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I'm going to go school that man.
Speaker 2: He gonna call it, He's gonna call himself.
Speaker 5: Man, is an opportunity for thirty to get the rock?
Speaker 2: Give it to me, right.
Speaker 3: It's just so very clear, like you know this, this is not the best thing to do. Scoring is good for you, he's not really good for anyone else.
Speaker 2: Call your sock.
Speaker 5: Remember what we said last I'll do it again. Yeah, you better believe I'm but do it again.
Speaker 3: I'll do it again. But but that was it was just interesting to see. And I'm sure you're phones the same. If you go back and look at the time stamps of when it all happened from it was it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 4: It was wild. It was very wild.
Speaker 2: No, I was a nut.
Speaker 5: It was it was a crazy, crazy game overall, sloppy, gritty, whatever you want to call it. I mean, that was the type of a game that usually the Cowboys will find a way, at least this season, will find a way to lose, lose somehow, some way, they will find a way to lose that game.
Speaker 4: But they didn't in this situation. The fourth quarter was bananas.
Speaker 5: I think, going in a halftime, what was it like nine to three or three to three or something.
Speaker 4: Crazy like that, and to have a point explosion like that, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: It's nuts.
Speaker 5: But to me, you know, I want to give some flowers of some praise to my guy Zimmer over there, all right, because you know, as much as I beat up on him on this show and the defense, Oh why would you do this?
Speaker 4: Why would you do that? I got a call like I see it.
Speaker 5: The man had a phenomenal game plan for that offense that on Friday, Me, you and Jesse talked about it. I was like, man, how they gonna handle Eckler, How they gonna handle scary Terry mccormth Robinson. You got Daniels being able to scramble all over the place. He's man, They're gonna go crazy on the Cowboys. And what he did was he switched up that defense. He crowded the line of scrimmage pretty much each in every down, not just like bringing a guy into the box. He made it look like they were blitzing all out each and every down. And what they would do was they would force Ekler to come up there and take a block so you couldn't just leak out in the backfield.
Speaker 2: And get those late catches and get those yards.
Speaker 5: Then they would play man the man and shout out to Bland being back out there.
Speaker 2: You know what he brings to the table.
Speaker 5: But a guy that's stepped up and had a wonderful game was Butler. I mean, the undrafted kid, number thirty one. He went out there and did this thing. Man, you're talking about ten tackles, three pass breakups, thrown into the lineup because you know, Diggs wasn't able to travel, so he was like, man, throw me in it. I'm gonna step up. He had his opportunities at at McLaurin. Did his job out there. Like I said earlier, three pass breakups and a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Just stepping up and playing well. I mean it was gritty.
Speaker 5: Offensive line was able to keep you know, Cooper Rush pretty much protected throughout the game, which was a surprise to me. It was a surprise to me, but they were able to do that. Cooper Rush didn't turn the football over and finally finally said our guy, big mic man, look like I called side. Hey, I call like I see it earlier in the season. I'm like, you know, play call has been terrible. But this game, man, he did his thing. He came with a balanced attack, he had balanced attack and looked how much better this offense looked throughout this game? They had a fighting chance throughout the entire game. Of course Turpin showed up and did his thing. But you know, how to get some flowers to a couple people because you know, I talk a lot of got a lot of noise when when they don't go the right way.
Speaker 2: So no, I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Want to make sure that I give flowers to Josh Butler, Josh Butler from West Mosquite High School.
Speaker 2: Man, his story is so inspiring.
Speaker 5: If you don't know about Josh Butler, it goes beyond football. What this young man has had to overcome. He lost, he lost, he lost two of his parents while he was in college. I mean, and that's that's one of those things that obviously as a young man he could have tanked it. He could have tanked his whole career. He has so much character as a young man and during those COVID years and the way that he took care of his business. If you follow him, if you follow him on social media, it's all about his two pit bulls. He has two pit bulls that are like his kids basically. But he's an inspiration. He's a guy that never quit on himself, never quit on his career and making the Cowboys roster and being called up from the practice squad and being able to do this.
Speaker 2: This is a testament to guy's.
Speaker 5: Maximiz saying opportunities when it finally meets it, and that's the thing about, you know, being prepared for opportunity. And that's a guy that when his number was called, he came in and he did that. I know a lot of people was making fun of him on that run last week where he missed the tackle and it was like, yea, he didn't, didn't any waver never blinked and came right back, man and had one hell of a game when you needed it. But we got to say something about Drun Bland at some point, you know.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I mean, go ahead the day to just just keep keeping here.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing, this is a guy, even with a foot injury, his reputation is still intact.
Speaker 2: You see that. You can see that. Hey, I'm telling you what Jaydeon Daniels wasn't doing.
Speaker 5: If Drun Blad was over here, he was like, Hey.
Speaker 2: I'm not You're not about to go to the store on me.
Speaker 4: So stay stay with that point right there. Jane Daniels is a rookie.
Speaker 3: It's not like Jade Daniels to able look at any film this year Dron Bland. That means Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt and Cliff Kings. Yeah, yeah, don't do that, don't We got advice for young and don't don't do that. Give credit to Bland for taking the time he needed to make sure he was right to get back. I mean, Barry, you understand that as a former player, sometimes guys will push it a little bit just trying to get back. But we thought Blam was going to come back to the Detroit game because that's what Stephen Jones had said. One of the Jones' is sitting the radio there. But he came back at the right time and he performed at the level that made me say yeah, yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And that's that's what it all comes down to, making sure you understand your body and making sure you go out there at the right time because a lot of cats will go out there not ready and go out there and put out bad tape. And then when you come back around for that contract or whatever the case may be, off season, talk about how you played during the season. There's no oh, I fought through injury and I did everything for this team. I came back, there's none of that's okay, Well, here's your numbers and here's your staff. You can go over there and say, man, I was dealing with a pooled hamstring.
Speaker 2: I was dealing with.
Speaker 5: A threw it for you guys, I fuck threw it. Man, I ain't gonna hear none of that's a production.
Speaker 4: I'm like that for the city.
Speaker 5: These are the stats right here. Your productions right here is not where you need to be. So kudos to him for for making sure he was right before getting back in its good.
Speaker 4: He was, he was good.
Speaker 3: Heck, I mean, it was just bottom line, you just looked at that game, and you just said, man, this Sky is a player, and and and the other portion of it to me, hit is yeah, you gotta pay.
Speaker 4: You know, you have to name like a Parsons. You got to pay the.
Speaker 2: Tool that's a that's a lot of ducats on that in the corners for this. You gotta figure it out.
Speaker 3: But I gotta figure But I'll say this, and you tell me if you disagree. I'll pay for corners in this league.
Speaker 2: That's fact.
Speaker 3: I'll pay for corners in this league knowing that what you got in Philadelphia between the receivers and their quarterback and now that running back, because with the running back you gotta go ahead and stop to run first.
Speaker 4: So that needs you go let some guys on some islands.
Speaker 3: If you can get a healthy Digs and a healthy bland together, I'll pay those two guys. I've got to believe at some point the Giants may figure something out, because they do have one receiver there who can be a problem. We know what Washington's got here. I'll pay for blanding Digs back there. I'll have to figure out. I'll need Mazie to do something more.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, it's a lot of man that no, I agree cutting the corner of his eyes. And I'm just saying at some point time.
Speaker 3: But but literally, from the standpoint of this is where you're gonna have to hit on those draft picks in order for you to pay those guys, means you need other players to start to develop you feeling that I'm not a look at some point in time, you want Mozzi has to be a part of a rotation, a rotation of something and some other folks. I mean you need some You got you got four years on You could decline the fifth year if you want you but so.
Speaker 4: You have to You got years three and four coming up. Okay, got years three.
Speaker 3: And and and you're correct at this point in time. But I would pay those two guys. You saw what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: With black right, he did his ding man, he did his day.
Speaker 4: But that won't so if I'm paying people from paying people, we.
Speaker 5: Ain't talking about like you know, one guy's getting you know, third highest in the corner and the other guys.
Speaker 2: Maybe getting fifteen.
Speaker 4: Blain gonna want them ducats Man.
Speaker 6: He.
Speaker 5: Deserved so deservedly so, but also I think defensively, guys like Chauncey Golston. Guys like Chauncey Golston, who are those rotational pieces that you're talking about. They're not there. They're not starters by ay. They're a guy that's gonna be a piece that and maybe another. I don't want to just call him just another guy, but you need him as a rotational piece. You need him as a guy that could come in and spell some of your you know, a tank when Tank is playing Sam Williams, when Sam Williams is playing, he fits in nicely. Even guys like Joseph I mean, come on, you needed the plays to be made.
Speaker 2: Watkins, Colos, Watkins upfront.
Speaker 5: Guys are making plays when they need to upfront, and they did that. This was a running game that you thought obviously. I believe that Cliff Kingsburg had enough sense to come into this game and say, look, I'm not going to abandon the run by any means. I'm going to continue to try and drive the because I know what they can't stop. And he came out with it with a game plan in the run. Look, guys, you know I call high school football, I call college football, and I see the Reid option Friday and Saturday, but when I see it in the pros, I'm like, what what are you doing? You know, I don't know what Jayson Dangils whatever, he's gonna come in this league, but if you're trying to use him like you see these guys, and I mean nine times out of ten, a five technique in the NFL is gonna blow your quarterback up, and you're gonna have to have better design runs for him than the read option. And I understand that somehow the college game has infused itself into the pro game, but I don't like seeing that, you know, and I don't like seeing it, especially when I'm looking at Michah and I'm saying, Micah's gonna figure this out. Michaeh has to figure it out because teams are optioning off of him, and you saw that yesterday. If they're making it, you have to make a decision on either on that running back to come down a line of scrimmage or you have to go out on this quarterback. And you saw in that one touchdown that Jaydon Daniels had where one of your Tomas didn't get to the outside of it all contained Like, those are just the little things that if you have a cornerback that's smart enough to hold that contained. Your quarterback's not going anywhere, and you're putting him at risk when you continue to run the ball. Like when you look at the ground game for the Commanders, Yeah, they had one hundred and forty five yards rushing, but a lot of that was towards the fourth quarter, thirdle and Devil's Daniels all everything else is covering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me break in tain, let me.
Speaker 5: Like they did a phenomenal job on this, this Commander's rushing attack.
Speaker 2: And then you look at.
Speaker 4: Last Yeah, you right about that. You can scary Terry, even scary Terry mccorn out there.
Speaker 2: He had over one.
Speaker 5: Hundred but eighty six one place. How the heck does that happen? Wait a second, watching, let's let's take a break. Take a break because this is.
Speaker 3: The second time in the last two games and the Cowboys have won. Because by the way it was, it was forty nine days between wins and disaster avoided in Pittsburgh and disaster avoided in Washington.
Speaker 4: Let's dive into that next. That's very short strugged.
Speaker 3: This is the playing sounds bought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys do.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yoman here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookieanc crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perffet thro My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas cow Boys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 7: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of.
Speaker 2: The Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: To the players.
Speaker 5: Cowboy Nation is time to get to give get the given season going tune in to see country music star Laney Wilson and special guests performed during the Salvation Armies Annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants and Laney Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation ARMYUSA dot org.
Speaker 3: That is heck Maherrison, Thank you for the reads. Players line is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Barry Church is your former Dallas Cowboys safety of newest scrudgery capping is thirty four to twenty six wins.
Speaker 4: Been forty nine days since.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys last couple wins, but hey, who cares?
Speaker 2: You got it done?
Speaker 3: It was it was, you know, it was just it was nice to talk about a win for a change.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys did not make it easy.
Speaker 3: So with two forty nine to go in the game, Cavante Turpin after zach Ertz makes a touchdown catch and they get two point conversion to make it twenty to seventeen with a ninety nine yard kickoff return, now ten point game like it's good, it's good. But with one and then with one forty to go they kicked the Washington kicks the field goal. So now it's twenty seven to twenty. Washington gets the ball again. It's twenty one seconds left in the game. Twenty one seconds up the game. Jay Daniels his Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 2: And walk the dog, that Swiss cheesey.
Speaker 3: What happened was so Barry Church, can you explain one man's just.
Speaker 4: Cutting past everybody for eighty six yard.
Speaker 5: Tests And you know it was not McCarthy. It was my old coach, Rob Mary Nelly.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: He would have I mean he might.
Speaker 4: Have stormed on the field thrown stuff if he would have saw that.
Speaker 5: Because what the difference was, and how McLaurin was able to get all the way through up the sidelines for the touchdown.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of loafs.
Speaker 5: It was guys thinking, Oh, that guy's gonna make the play. Oh he's gonna walk out of bounds. Now they got the angle. I'm all right, Oh snap, did you see him starting to gas it up? Oh he's a better at time, It's too late, he's gone. If you see it when he caught the ball. I wish we had like a picture of video or something of everybody. There's mad guys just jogging like somebody else get him out or somebody somebody push him out of bounds, make the play.
Speaker 11: And then when he started turning on the gas up the sidelines, it's a little bit too late.
Speaker 5: And that's what it is. That's an effort play right there. Yeah, he's gonna get to catch, all right. You can concede the catch, push him out of bounds, live to fight another day. But when you think that next guy over there is gonna make the play, or that guy has the angle, so I'm all right, I don't need to chase him down from the back. I'm gonna save my strength for the next rep. That's when defenses get exposed. And you saw right there and there it was just a bunch of lows, bad angles. I forget the guy who was at the top, he was battling with the block. He should have went over top and forced McLaren to cut back in.
Speaker 2: Nobody was there.
Speaker 5: There was no contain on the second level for this defense. And you saw exactly what the playmaker is able to do when he has gas like McLaurin. I mean the sideline, he's gone. That's why it's it's it's coach talk, and I've been accused of it and I've done it myself. I've loathed on plenty of plays out there. But that's why I said, you got to give you a hundred percent infort no matter what time it is on the football field, because anything can happen. And that's exactly what happens. There's a bunch of loafs. It all compounded in the one and clombs up the sidelines for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the skuy dontline.
Speaker 5: And it is going to be an indictment on a lot of guys in that effort that they put in right there, especially at the end of the game, and especially what you know, what's at staked. All you got to do is get a stop. And it's called situational awareness some another. So get him down, get him down. If anything, he's not gonna walk this thing because it's eight of us back here, you know, and there's no way that we're gonna allow a play of eighty six yards. But that's the kind of season that the Cowboys have been having. You know, if you get it I'll just wait, let you hand you got it. You got got it, you know, I'll take you know, and if guy's not taking the accountability. And that's the one thing that has just been maddening this entire season. It got to the point where you're you can almost set a you know, you by it's about time for us to get another penalty. You know, when the flag goes down, it's like, no, that's it was time for another one, you know, the holding penalty.
Speaker 2: We already know who is on lining up outside. We already know that we got it, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean even though it was probably one of those games I didn't even look at this. I don't think that the Cowboys were like historically penalized in this game. But when the penalties came down, you k dow who the usual suspect was gonna be when it came down to those penalties, and it's it's that's what's maddening.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that's upsetting. But look, you pulled it out. It was a gutsy performance.
Speaker 5: They didn't allow the bad players to overcome the plays that they needed to make. I said it on Thursday when we were sitting here, I was like look, if the Cowboys win this game, it's going to be a team win. This was a team win because it took all three phases to pull this victory out.
Speaker 2: Rush Cooper Rush.
Speaker 5: Absolutely needs a pat on the back hand that man of Beer, because because he in spite of all of the doubt that's around the quarterback position at times, especially on this losing streak, you needed him to have this kind of performance. He made throws when he needed to write. I don't know what the whole I know we whatever the package is for him roller right, Rush is tulpur turp is right now, Lamb. Like going on long drives, you get to the gola, Lance does nothing. Let's bring Cooper Rushing back in at the rhythms off. I don't know who that's on. I don't know who, and I won't say I'm just I'm just saying, there's certain things that happened that you go come on now.
Speaker 2: I know Mike didn't.
Speaker 5: There's no way that Mike looked at that whole entire drive and said, you know what, this is a perfect time, this is it, this is when I gotta do it.
Speaker 2: And then it's just one player and you bring him out.
Speaker 10: To me.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 5: That's why I was like, what is Mike? What is Mike thinking? That makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 3: So Trey Lance, the Trey Lance packages, which if Jerry talked about on his radio show and Brian Schottenheimer spoke about it as well. They unveiled the tray Lance package inside the red zone.
Speaker 4: And didn't work.
Speaker 8: And so.
Speaker 3: That's when you're gonna get criticized when things don't work. They tried if it works, good, but it didn't work. So I mean, I'm kind of torn because we I know, I talked about, all right, man, figure out what this guy can do, and they did it. And maybe what we're finding out is, hey, you made let's put that, put.
Speaker 4: That with that, put that away. You're fooling runlets like throwing.
Speaker 5: As a former safety, yes, you're sitting there. You've been playing this entire game. You see the Cowboys get into the red zone.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 5: Guiding go from his left tackle position all the way to to overload. They're overloading the right size wrap. Even if I'm playing in the middle of the field like I'm supposed to be the last line of man, I'm up.
Speaker 4: I'm up in lying backer level because I know it was about to have.
Speaker 5: You ain't throwing the football. You ain't get me a balanced set. Everything is overloaded. I know exactly what's about to happen. Hey, and come up there.
Speaker 3: And and the tough part about that, And we saw a lot of them yesterday with one yard runs. The offensive line couldn't move them. And so uh, there's some issues there about.
Speaker 4: The kind of team you have.
Speaker 3: So I won't I don't want to beat up the thought process because I get the thought process.
Speaker 4: The execution just not there.
Speaker 2: Part of it is.
Speaker 3: Your old line is just not that good. And we've talked about it before you've tried it. I mean, you'd like to think, hey man, let's go over here. Oh load that thing up, go get us a yard.
Speaker 4: I get it. You like to think you could do that.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: But let's give some credit where credit is due to this offensive line. Though you had to at the last minute you realized how the Smith's not playing. You knew that Zach Martin was going to be able to play, but guys like TJ. Bass and brock Hoffman, they stepped up sixty bully. It was a bully and he was everything that you needed, even for the eighty nine yards that Ricodado had. It was enough to create a balance to your offense, and it was it was everything that you needed to at least stonewall or freeze those linebackers from just saying, oh, we're just gonna come out because nobody's loading the box against the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Let's just be clear, right, And so.
Speaker 5: Since they're not loading the box, play action has to be significant. And when that play action was happening, they were leaving things behind them wide open, or when they were running you had guys LIKEJ.
Speaker 2: TJ.
Speaker 5: Bass and brock of from getting to the second level that made the job. I think for BB looked bad. I mean, though he had some bad snaps in this game. He has to correct that, but he didn't look as bad as he looked in previous games. And you got to get credit what credit is doing that situation.
Speaker 3: It showed doubt the guards. Not having two pro Bowl guards there, they filled in admirably. They did their job, but when we talk about some of the second ones and third ones as a group as an offensive line group, they didn't get them done. And that's something that it's gonna be hard for you to try and end up with a winning record. When you can't do things like that, that's something that definitely has to be emphasized. But they kept they kept at it, and the Cowboys were able to run the ball enough to have an impact in the game, and they those two guards definitely get a lot of credit.
Speaker 4: Give Awesome Richards credit because there are times.
Speaker 3: When they put twice they had to pull a Guytan out of the game, and Richards came in there and did well until he got hurt, and then they had to put guy back out there in the game.
Speaker 4: And you you you're shaking your head a little bit.
Speaker 3: I had somebody on social media try to defend guiding to me and just, well, I think he's playing well. I thought that if he's playing so well, why they pull him out twice? I said, I'm not calling and this. Somebody said, can you call him a bus I said, no, you can't call him a bust. He's early in his career, but he's had some games where he has been a drive killer. And we saw it yesterday again, and I'm sorry, lining up twice you get flagged from not lining up twice some point in time. You're not getting it. You're not getting it. Because they're gonna ward, They're gonna tell you. And then of course you like check what good I mean? You know, I could he's he's got he's got some work to do. Not gonna call him a bus. Brad Sham had mentioned on it in the in the radio broadcast, and I was like, okay, hey, we're not crazy on the players lounge when we talked about, hey, maybe he ends up going back to right guard. Maybe maybe putting him at left is too much right tackle I mean right tackle, right tackle. Yes, I'm sorry, right time put him at right tackle where he was in college. So uh, there's gonna be some interesting conversations after the season about where you go with him and reassessing what his rookie year was and what you think he what you thought he was gonna be right and and not not, hey let's throw the guy. No, you're not gonna throw the guy away. You draft him his first round pick. He's gonna learn, probably have a different O line coach who let's see exactly what kind of system you're running next year as well. But yesterday was was was rough, and that was one of the players that is you're watching the game and other people I'm sure on your texting what's he doing? And then when Richards went out, you couldn't pull him out. I mean you couldn't put you know, you.
Speaker 4: Had to put him back in.
Speaker 2: But down to the boats first round, awesome.
Speaker 4: Richards is a is A is a guy.
Speaker 3: Next she'll be very interested to see exactly what what are they gonna allow him to do and where they line him up because he's worthy of going to a camp next year and.
Speaker 4: Try to win a job.
Speaker 5: I mean, think about the temperament of an Austin Richards who's sitting there, He's sitting in film room watching this go down, and he understands that this guy is playing ahead of him only because of where he was picked in the draft, and so that's got to be a source of frustration for him, for me, for Tyler guy.
Speaker 2: And it just comes down to strength. And this guy's got to get in the gym. He just got to get it.
Speaker 5: If you just look at him on the sideline, I'm saying to myself like, Okay, Monday through Friday, you know what is my man doing?
Speaker 2: And I know I'm not blaming the conditioning.
Speaker 5: I know they got him in there and he's working out and I don't know, like Warsick the guy used to be in the past, like those guys were Diesel, you know. Sometimes it's looking the part being the part and all of that. I'm just like, man, my man, to your points. This is this is where you go back and you and you talk about an off season. The coaches said all the time, the greatest growth from a players from year one to two. Yes, and who talks with guyton about getting better? We've seen where we've seen players who have gotten So that's that's the thing. And a lot of it's gonna be upon him. He's gonna have to want to do this work internally to become a better player. But the bust factor that people are talking about, I don't feel that way about him that I think some other people do. I think some some people are trying to call him like another Massi Smith, And I was like, I wouldn't. I would not put that on him.
Speaker 4: I would not. I would not compare those players in that in that fashion.
Speaker 3: So let's let's see that we're gonna take a break right there, We'll stop, We'll stop.
Speaker 4: Heck right there, stop right there. Louds rush you by Aristocrat.
Speaker 2: Game Hey, Danny McCrae here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 10: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new Coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit crunchy purely. It's a big granola creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new Cocoonus Smoothie bows only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 2: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 12: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com Check it out today Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss, Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer Own Boss.
Speaker 9: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve.
Speaker 9: No crinkle cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules. Raising Canes Chicken fingers one love go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: To the players Loud.
Speaker 2: Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 5: Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four dollars Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing.
Speaker 2: Up the game.
Speaker 5: Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: Tell you what a tip good too?
Speaker 2: The standard or the facts?
Speaker 4: They know your name?
Speaker 2: He got thirty The drivers need to put the gay kid he already you good back of all all.
Speaker 13: Oh man, oh gods, loud Agencys, loud mistocrat gaming that we can't tell you we talk about, but it is what his Cowboys with that thirty four twenty six win.
Speaker 3: U looks coon Maker, Yes, Sir, caught a touchdown pass a little bit And the last two weeks Luke Schoolmaker has looked like a player. He's taking advantage of his opportunities with Jake Ferguson being out and Brian Schottenheimer to his credit. When I asked him a couple of weeks ago, said, man, Schooner's just got He's got to get his confidence, He's got to get his confidence going so the opportunity to play and they had no other option that you had to do this. I want to make sure I get the managed credit because we're sitting around here saying, hey man, you're a draft pick.
Speaker 4: You're not doing your job.
Speaker 3: And if he can continue to do that what you saw against Washington and you can get Jake Ferguson back, now you're giving yourself even more options.
Speaker 5: How many years Jake got left too? So I got two level okay, and span forward. Give credit to spa Ford because he's playing some ball. I mean those possession receptions, they mean a lot. But Louke school Maker, to me, he has been the biggest surprise guys that look he is. I guess owned up to the disappointment of being benched because that's the only thing that happened. He got benched and he wasn't a part of the rotation. But that touchdown a the way it was kind of overthrown. He's still extended himself out made that catch. That's the kind of production that we've been waiting for from this tight end room. And when you finally see it show up and show up in a big way in a game like this, that you had to have man kudos and my man Luke.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was that there the special teams unit started bad, ended good, but yeah.
Speaker 5: It was. It was something to see him a man calling his number and then of course, yeah he gonna times, he's gonna call I see hey, I'm taking this to the crib.
Speaker 2: Call my number. I'm in the gang, coach.
Speaker 4: So, so explain the situation if folks okay, So.
Speaker 3: Washington scores the Terry McLaurin touchdown, Austin Siebert lines up to tie the game with the extra point. It is a bad snap, so the snap is bad. The holder catches a bad ball. He's trying to catch it and set it up.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: It's not a smooth operation, so the kicker has to kind of hesitate and when he does kick it, it goes wide left. Kicker gets the blame. But this happened with the bats snap to the holder. So now Washington kicks off and it's an onside kick and Janye Thomas.
Speaker 11: Catches it and you on the front line. So usually the guy that's blocking you usually let the ball go passion and block.
Speaker 3: He decides I'm tearing steel but this time, I'm gonna I'm taking no, I'm t I'm Tyler guy, and I'm gonna run, except I won't get stripped. So he goes and scores a touchdown, and which means that, hey, there's gonna come another kickoff and something that happened more.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, time was you wanted to run out the clock, not do the score.
Speaker 3: Anyway, but yes, Wanye celebrated and Mike McCarthy just kind of had some some of the some folks on the sidelights had to look.
Speaker 2: Like you been on McCarthy.
Speaker 5: He was like this, Yeah, we can't if we could just tap into what he was saying in his head. It was a lot of four letter words. I can't believe you just did. Would I'm telling you he did.
Speaker 2: He did not like that.
Speaker 4: Ain't having a party again to dance?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: He turned.
Speaker 10: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Time to be turned? My brother?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, So so that was one of those like you know, you know when people always talk about those times where I don't I don't remember who first started doing this, but players falling down at the one and I would.
Speaker 2: Have scored, I would you know, I would have scored.
Speaker 5: I would have But then you know, looking back onto That's one less touchdown for that guy. That's one less whatever it would have been, you know, for that guy. But that's just it's again situational awareness, understanding where you are in the game. You can run the clock out and we can walk up out of here.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 5: They don't have any time outs. They can't stop it. I catch this ball, I down it. I don't put us in any harm's way. It's team over me. And that's one of those things like when you see it happen, you know it's selfish, and then there's another part of you it's like, ah, man, how many times's one year Thomas gonna get a chance to score? Then you start trying to rationalize it with all of the other bs. But the truth is that's a selfish act.
Speaker 10: Dog.
Speaker 2: You know what, Let's get out of here with this dove. Let's get out of here with this dove. Hands.
Speaker 5: Team is on the bells of poor on side kick pops right up, checks right up to you, fall on it.
Speaker 3: Not one year like that, you know, I wonder if it Guy Brendan Brendan Clinton, who does the video.
Speaker 4: Look at Peter's all you gotta do is catch the ball.
Speaker 3: No, it's in my hands. It's a big watermelon. I see, I see the end zone.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna score. I go do my ass And.
Speaker 2: Look at the coach man upset.
Speaker 5: He was He was he because he just seen his He just seen his defense give up an eighty six yard touchdown. But the last I don't want them to go back an eighty six yard touchdown. And Zimmer is probably Zim is the one that was really ticked off, like.
Speaker 13: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Call another kind of got here and get out of here with this stuff. Right, we're trying to go home. All we gotta fall down Cooper deal. I mean, just boom, We're done.
Speaker 4: We got a hero. That's the way I put a cap on.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 11: Look at me yesterday he was yeah, man, oh yeah, we did that out there. Gotta stay neutral, like man, my god, you know it was.
Speaker 2: But just scared me though, even on that one with a block.
Speaker 5: It was the block punt that we were backed up, and I'm saying to myself, they better not call a fake.
Speaker 2: You better not, you.
Speaker 3: Better not call I picked that man and said during the week, yeah, what you see, Yeah, I don't care what well, what you see no matter what you see.
Speaker 5: But you know what, at least he's consistent. He does not switch up with nobody. You know, I'll do it again, but I do it again, and I do it again. He said that on Twitter. Yes he did do it again. We know, we know, we know, but Michael, hey, can we can we say anything about the bazooka? I mean, what did you think about this?
Speaker 2: Talking to me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was happy. He was happy.
Speaker 4: Man was about to pay that twenty five.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I was his mama will be telling him, boy, you better not get a twenty five thousand dollars five two.
Speaker 4: Sacks, two sacks. And he said he's not playing to tank.
Speaker 3: He's here for He's here to win. And somebody put on Twitter to me about how you know he believes Michael got him believing again and hope, and that's why I said, hold on man. Somebody was like, what they gonna win out? He said, Michael's leader and that we need to hold on man. We go pull this business, you pull it up.
Speaker 5: I mean, how do one of those guys are you one of those guys about organic tanking?
Speaker 2: You know in the hole here it is.
Speaker 3: I changed my mind or because I've changed my mind, And I'll preference this by saying, I do not believe the Cowboys can make the playoffs, but I do believe the best thing for this team is from Micah to inspire a run. This is his moment to be the true leader of this team. And my response was, I see you took a hit of that, hope, and after the win, then he responded, it's been a long season, Dowie. I needed it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Lord, I'm with you, though he typed that with his soul, he.
Speaker 3: Says, but I think it's Michaeh being at the front of all that that makes it worth it to me. Cowboy fans and media have been arguing for a while if Mica is a leader, well here's his chance.
Speaker 4: Everyone's hurt. But I believe in the lion.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, So that that came from hashtag life of a Cowboys fan.
Speaker 5: My man, this he need at least he hits you back with the thud thumbs now you hey, you know they hit the thud in the second Yeah.
Speaker 3: His Twitter handlers Cowboys for Life eight eight four. So yeah, man, he needed that hit.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 2: He's back in ready, he's right.
Speaker 5: Next four games ten and seven, y'all looking at y'all looking at them games now, y'all looking at the games. Stop, don't do it, don't hey, don't look over here at me like that. I just you know who you play on Thursday?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you played the Johnny Cutlers. Okay, you come on out the vetos. Here we go, man, this is where it starts.
Speaker 2: No, don't starting off. I've been off of it. I've been off of it. I've been off of it. Talking about Tommy Cutlers in New York. And you're gonna be like, you know what, I'm just that you know, Wow, you're there. We go, you believe it.
Speaker 3: We go.
Speaker 2: That's where it starts doing. This is where it starts.
Speaker 5: Here we go the last time bro want something, that's what they're gonna start saying the next thing. You know, just so you know, there's a sliver. Oh man, see there comes slipping. Somebody got that packag y'all. I smuggled it in.
Speaker 2: She calling me, calling me I smuggled hope. Every time I try get out, man, old man.
Speaker 4: Called me back cutting.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go, do it, don't do it. We needed this. You hear what that man said. We needed this.
Speaker 4: I needed this, I need I needed this.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, miserable Sundays are. It's been horrible, horrible.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, the just it's a bit much, man, it's a bit much. Spend a long season week. I needed yesterday.
Speaker 5: I was so tired after that gay That game wore me out. I was going to get what are you thinking when McCain was up up the side.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this. I can't believe this.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this.
Speaker 2: How did they just suck me back in that fast?
Speaker 4: Dude? I was getting prepared for the video.
Speaker 2: Look at this going on. Look at Peters, this is getting out. Let him.
Speaker 3: I peed down my leg and there for eighty six yard touchdown that was out of We're trying to get the coach fired.
Speaker 4: For hect my hands and Barry Church Chrispine right, we'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.