Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because, let's be honest, br in, earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That let's crush Earth school together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my wishy poo, the laughing has already begun, folks. Hello everybody, now you do my witchypoo. Anything exciting to report?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have completed my six month corporate course that I teach, and it's a big deal to have that wrapped up and off my plate. So for a little.
Speaker 1: Bit fan freak fantastic, I know how much work that is so exciting. When you first started, of course, the inner child elf wanted to the inner elf wanted to interrupt you when you said I've completed my six months course and I was going to come up with something very sarcastic, and I with hell, thank you, yes, and how honoring?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Well? Uh, you know good. We're moving to our house soon, so very excited about that.
Speaker 2: You can imagine.
Speaker 1: I think of the worst scenario possible, and that's what an enforce than that. I mean, we just we've got to go. It's all, we just got to go. I can't handle this being untethered and temporary thing much longer sow all.
Speaker 2: The longest temporary assignment.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, news to all think about. If you ever want to build anything and you got to go rent a while, just just know it can really suck. Not to not sorry new builders if you're listening, Uh, but it can suck hard. But yeah, so we're just kind of getting prepared for that. And in the meantime, you know, I read it's weird. It's I get funny stories sent to me all the time, and I think it's because the algorithms and they see I like that stuff, and they just keep feeding me weird shit. So I have the weird Shit news feed, and I encourage everyone because it's quite entertaining. Lots of alien activity, by the way, but that's not what we're talking about today. But the most recent one that I got so excited about is this woman she claimed, and God for better I remember who it is, but it doesn't really matter because the show is an about her. But she claimed and called herself a reincarnationist. I'm like, that is fabulouist. She's a fabulist because she claims that she's a reincarnationist.
Speaker 2: Is is that like a term do other people use that?
Speaker 1: I've never heard it, So that's why brought me so much joy. And it's also a thing I think that you know, it's so weird how people will ask questions or want to get into conversations about different topics, and lately a lot of it has been reincarnation. So of course, you know, my weird shit news feed sends me to somebody who calls herself a reincarnationist, and you know, she really and she's so defiant about it, which I love, you know how much I love to find people. And she was just so firm in her belief because she's had so many experiences that she knows came from another lifetime, from other lifetimes.
Speaker 3: It's plural, that's great, right, Yeah, and so you know, and yeah, go well, I'm just I'm just curious. Did she talk about how that, you know, that belief that knowing that she has, how does that influence how she moves through the world.
Speaker 1: I think what it has brought to her more than anything is a sense of comfort. And I think the comfort comes from a lot of different places. For her. It's just kind of like the same my first time and it ain't my last time, Say, ain't that was the Oklahoma coming out, So of course I think it was more it's not my first or it's not my last. And I think there's a comfort to that for her. And I find the same comfort. And it's although times I wish this was my last, but because I'm still here, I don't think it is. And then there's that, but I think it's a comfort to her.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, when when loved ones pass, it's also like, well, it's just a matter of time before I see them again, you know, Like I think.
Speaker 1: For sure, Well, and I think too that right that comfort is knowing that we are eternal in that way, and nothing is ever truly lost. It just changes form, which science tells us by the way right water turns to ice, water can also turn to gas, y'all. Yeah, And I think the spirit does that in some ways too. It's like it just changes form. It's still it's essence is what it is, but changes form. And to know that we can, you know, yeah, that we can go and be with those people we love. You know. I was just talking to my friend a couple hours ago who her brother had jumped, and he was an angel in a human suit and he was, you know, he had some some issues he had from birth and he had not an easy life, but overcame them in so it's just beautiful human way. And my friend, you know, was talking about him this morning, how she struggled and she's like I put on some weight through my grieving and I and the first thing I said was, girl, you know you're gonna see him again, Like that was the first place. And because that is such a go to for me, and I know this that I kind of feel like a recarnation is too.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can we get some shirts totally stickers have a handshake?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, her reincarnation is a handshake. We'll practice that after we record. Okay, yeahll you can't see what she just did, but she just did the like poof with her hands with all tin, with all she was hanging tin.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know, it also just reminding people that, you know, we don't have to wait to jump to reconnect with them, you know. And I think, you know, inviting people into the space of reflection, of calling them in, of talking to them, you know, reminding them of all the little tools that we have to build the bridge of connection, because the love is the foundation of the connection and that's already there. So we're just refining that connection in this you know, slow vibration of Earth school of embodiment. We just have to slow it down a little bit and you know, slow their energy down speeders up to make the connection.
Speaker 1: So I think you're absolutely right. And also just everybody knows this is just one of those like stop and smell the roses, stop, drop and roll to remember your life a bit. You know. I think we're gonna be talking about some of these topics because it's so hard to remember these things, and it is part of ourst school, you know, it's part of our job to remind not only you but ourselves as well about these things that are so important.
Speaker 2: You know, we're we're in airy season, and so things are speeding up so fast in the world. There's this ignition energy, and so this sort of pausing reflecting weight life is bigger than just what's happening in my little bubble. And it goes on and on and on, like we don't have to do it perfectly this time. We get to do it the best we can in the moment. But we're not judged for eternity on this one try, right, it's progress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like lawyers and doctors. We're just practicing.
Speaker 2: It's all practice.
Speaker 1: Okay, not lawyer's a dog, but it's all practice, all right, Like they call it a practice for a reason, and yeah, it is all a practice. So on that practice note, let's take a quickie break because my Witchipoo had the most insightful pre conversation about animals that I think we need to take up a whole segment on. It's fantastic. So we'll be right back, y'all. Hang tight, okay, y'all, we're back with the magical witch of them all. So you got to share the story you shared with me because it was like it made my day.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting, right, it's so magical yes, So it's just funny. It's so funny that we've you know, you had this experience with your fun newsfeed, and I you know, ran into this in mine and even though we hadn't talked about it, like, it just lined up so perfectly, which I love, love it when that happens. And you know, and we got to celebrate the little things for sure, right, And so you know, I've been at this game for a while and studied a lot of material from the twenties and thirties and and you know, even back further, and it's always fun to run into something that's a little you know, a little dated. And so there was this video that showed up. It's not a long clip, it's a short clip, but it's about a woman talking. So I think it was I'm guessing early sixties is where when it was from, which isn't that old. But anyhow, she was.
Speaker 1: Saying interesting time though, the sixties. Oh yeah, so oh yeah, this is interesting. I'm interested to hear more about what she said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what she was talking about was the animals, right, and how animals have a collective soul. This is why they and they operate collectively, they operate like you know, we have wolf packs and schools of fish and flocks of birds and pods.
Speaker 1: And flocks of seagulls just like the just like the band with the big hair. That's all I can add.
Speaker 2: Okay, continue right exactly like that, right, And and they move like if you you know, pods of you are schools of dolphins, right, and you know, different different giggles like a parliament of owls, you know, and how they move in groups and they murmurs as one unit, one collective. And that's why we understand that when you have a dog spirit, you're going to come back as a dog, you know. And people are like you talk about Homer being you know, coming back.
Speaker 1: He was my dad, I swear to God. I mean, I really always believe you. But I'm going to tell you it's very overpowering that in a past life home Er my lab was my dad. He was so bossed. He was bossy as ship day in day out, I mean seriously bran like, every day, every minute he was telling me what to do.
Speaker 2: He was a bossy one, that's for sure. My god, I'm very charming. When he did it, and he did it, it was such authority.
Speaker 1: He meant it.
Speaker 2: He was serious and so anyhow, knowing, knowing how that you always feel like that, and this doesn't exactly address that, but I knew you'd love this story. What she talked about is this is the natural state of things. This is how these collective souls have chosen to operate. It's efficient for them, and it's just how it works. And that's why we as humans understand that if you're a dolphin, you're going to be reincarnating it as a dolphin, smarter dolphin right the next time around. But it's still a dolphin.
Speaker 1: A dolphin that's a chemist next time around. Joking, Yeah, nice something again these stories, all I can add is like stupid humor, keep going.
Speaker 2: So But then she talked about when we choose to domesticate these animals, whether it's a horse that you have, you know, a specific relationship with, or in our case, when we bring dogs you know, from their packs into our homes, we individuate them so they have a chance to have a personality develop on their own without a pack. And in the individuation, as they choose to express their spirit without the guidance, support, or limitation or teaching of their pack, they are being put on a possible trajectory of transcendence to another spirit. It would obviously take many lifetimes of this to accomplish something like that, but it was so interesting to me. And after we had had the animal communication, Yeah, with Carl, she was so fabulous. That was such that was so much fun. But you know, after her conversation and so many experiences of specific communication with wild animals as much as domestic animals as their spirits, I'm not sure what out and on the ground with Snake, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not either, Like I totally admire her for lots of reasons.
Speaker 2: On the top, I mean, come on, she was amazing, amazing really, you know, and I have had experiences with both wild animals and domestic animals that I don't know what, They'll just start talking to me like that and I'm like, hello, what, So like they have this you know, this ability to to individuate from the collective, and I just thought that was just so fascinating because we've all had that experience like oh my god, the dog will just look at you and that's it, you know, or an animal or.
Speaker 1: Or when coreyol was talking about the whale, the humpback right, like the big giant eye size of a whatever. The size of it was a VW bug. I mean that, like, but that's like, that's this ascended animal. I mean like, Okay, so you know, I got to go to the suki route because she's busting me right now. But Teddy, what's been really interesting with her because in a pack, I think they're some of the limitations I believe are asking for what you need, Like that's a very human thing. Not that the pack can't help when it needs help, but I think they're far more primal with that type of communication and needs. And what I've noticed with this one that she has learned to communicate and ask for things that are above that kind of need base like she now and also just for her to ask for what she wants her needs as a miracle from where she came from. Remember, this was the dog that was horrified in life anxiety, I mean the highest I've ever seen, and felt like she probably didn't deserve anything, you know, That's what it kind of felt like. Now she's like large and in charge. She's asking for what she wants and what she needs, no for I mean, but really it's amazing. Yeah, and to watch that growth. I don't think that growth could have happened in a pack of a while pack of dogs. Yeah, like there is an ascension for her and not it's not because of me, it's because of her. We we were here for it. But it's it's I think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: And she gets to choose that right, and she gets and that's the thing with the individuation, she gets to choose. She could have stayed in that submissive place.
Speaker 1: She could could have and.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's just so interesting to think about that and how you can you know, it's obviously I've never been a mom to a human, so I want to be.
Speaker 1: Really clear it's in this lifetime, in this.
Speaker 2: Lifetime, but I want to be really clear that it's it's a different sort of creating space for the safety so that they come out. Because in the pack there's usually a pecking order or hierarchical order that stays put until a natural evolution happens.
Speaker 1: And who was elphable for right next in line thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the next generation or you know whatever. But it's a different sort of evolution. And I just found it so interesting and so fascinating, and I just thought our listeners would be really interested in that because we get so many comments on the animal things.
Speaker 1: Oh, we will love it. Okay, one more sicky story before we go to break. But because I talk, we could just have Sicky episodes and Lulu episodes and you and I'd be happy. But everyone stop listening. The other interesting thing that I've really noticed in her is there's this salon that Susanna and I go to here and they do hair and nails and and this group of women because I think they're all women now that work. There are exquisite human beings. And so the first thing is I walk in, I take Siki off with Lisha, and like, go say hi to your aunt Cindy, because Cindy Barefoot is is our person and Barefoot is her real name. Just for the family's wondering keeping score, she's her family is indigenous, and uh. And Suki goes and goes and gets Cindy and brings Cindy back, and then I'm getting like my name, I'm good. Like then the pedicure happens. But here's what Suki does. This is what the best part. She goes around and says hello to everybody. She says hello to everybody who works there, and she says hello to even their customers, and they're now calling her the salon dog, and they're like, she's so calming for all of us. We love her, and I'm going to tell you that dog would not have done that. She chose that path. She chose to be the dog that would bring people if just a moment of love, just a moment, and that's.
Speaker 2: Her so sweet. I love that, right, I love that. That's so great.
Speaker 1: So she is a reincarnationist herself.
Speaker 2: Well, she's an individualist and going to be a train.
Speaker 1: She's an individualist. She's gonna but she is a but for real, like I because she didn't come this way. She chose like, Okay, I'm gonna like step up my game exactly.
Speaker 2: That's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, okay, we can go to Bright now. I just had to talk about my dog I love so much. Okay, we're back. I forgot that I was supposed to say that. I was so excited from my countdown that I forgot to tell everybody that we're back. But we're here, so that means we're back, just like that poof.
Speaker 2: So when we think about the reincarnation aspect that's available to us to entertain or dismiss as you like. But the thing is, we've all had that deja vu moment that said, oh this is familiar. Why is this familiar? I've never been here before, I've never met that person for I've never done or tasted or smelled this before. Why is this so I'm so home?
Speaker 1: Or I've never been to India before. I talked about that all the time.
Speaker 2: Right, And there's just so many times and you know, or it's it's like if I'm standing someplace and I'm facing one direction, it's not it's not a thing, it's not a place. I just stand where I am and I'm fine, and all of a sudden I turned to the left and I remember so much about that place that I have never been there before. Like it can be an instant download, but sometimes it's not like a whole download, and you wonder like, oh, why there used to be a door here? You know, like you can literally see the place you're in in its original form and things like that, and it's really fun and that's dramatic and makes for great stories. And there's other times where you hear someone talking and you understand what they're saying, and you're following the conversation, but you actually remember them saying different things the last time you were with them, even though you don't ever remember being with them before. But you know, like it's just like almost a haze or a mist or a whisper in the back of your mind. And when that happens, there's there's just an invite that too, you know, as my elf would say, stop drop and roll.
Speaker 1: They taught us that elementary school Oklahoma, y'all stop drop and roll. That's all I got out of it that and I stopped stuttering.
Speaker 2: But go ahead, But to like just make a note of it, and if you can spend just a few minutes reflecting, making a couple of notes in your phone or better yet, rolling old school and writing long hand can be really helpful to bring up some of those memories. What was what was there for me? What am I ready to remember or reclaim? What is a reflection of the last time I felt like this? Like there's there's messages that can be trying to come through to awaken or remind you of a lesson, of an experience of mastery of blessings. To keep watching for whatever it is, and that can be really exciting.
Speaker 1: So that's right, And I think setting yourself up too, because odd sorry, all we're all going to be back. I might say this is good news, some might take it as bad news. Either way, it's news. And think about also how you operate in your life with maybe this could be somebody you see next time. Around two that's like huge, right, is kind of taking it to another level. Like I have to say, Tracy is the woman who I call her our landlady, and she's our neighbor and she is most importantly our friend. And the other day, because I've been traveling for my work and I see her in our shared parking area and she comes running to me that she's like she hasn't seen me in one hundred years, and like, oh my god, and big hug. And at that moment, and this is why I love like these conversations, just to keep us reminded, because I try to live in this space as much as I can. And at that moment, I remember thinking, oh, I'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Because that relationship has formed to a level that it is, it can transcend into another lifetime and that's fun too, it's right fun.
Speaker 2: It's so fun. Actually, in a related sort of way, I had a conversation with a coaching client today who's in a very tough, agitated organization, and she's just so frustrated and she was just really frustrated by the organization, by what was being said, about being talked over, all the things. And she said, I got up and walked out, and I realized that that's a step too far. And someone said, hey, that's a step too far. So I know it's a step too far. I know it's a step too far when I'm doing it, but I was just so mad. I said, you know, next time, just say I'm really frustrated, and out of respect for myself and everybody in this room, I'm going to leave before I say something I regret, you know, because you're going to run into those people again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are exactly. And you know what, here's the thing. My fate is that the Hewlett Packard procurement people from the early two thousands I will see in another life because I did walk out on them in a negotiation in Roseville or wherever the hell it was, California, and I walked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, sometimes it's right, and I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to get to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was it meant to be a ploy? I just I really was afraid I was going to say something or do something that could have potentially let that.
Speaker 2: Me that little caveat that says, hey, out of respect, this isn't I'm not doing a power play. I'm not trying to explode on you. I'm actually trying to do the opposite. So I'm going to leave now and take a little break and put myself in a time out. And if we can do that, if we allow ourselves the grace to do that in a situation, create the context that says it's not you, it's me, and I'm responsible for me, and I'm walking myself out of here.
Speaker 1: And you're not stuck with it later. Yeah, you're karmically better. You're right.
Speaker 2: Right, But she's been clear as opposed to Oh my god, we're in so much trouble.
Speaker 1: She's so mad. And it's like.
Speaker 2: When you're clear about it, like just keep your side of the street clean. Now, once you leave, they can talk trash about you and that's on them totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's fine, And I encourage them to do it behind my back. Yeah, so I totally support that. But I think it's that funny thing about when you look at being a recarnationist, which I now I've claimed it. I'm a ghost photographer and a reincarnationist. Yeah, it's so good and dog mom, and but when you look at it, there's there's again, it's it's I think the key for everybody is to look at the both sides of the coin, right. One side is the past and one side is the future. And how do you who are you? And how and like who are you from? Where you came from and where you are today? And who is it and who do you want to bring with you in the future? Ye? And you know, uh, and that is part of that future part is Katie keeping your side of the street clean. You taught me that. I use it a ton. It's like, oh yeah, it's and it's so visual. And it also reminds me when I first saw Tracy Chapman and we live when we lived in San Francisco, wear me out and and I said, see her all the time. We didn't live very far from her, and uh, and I would see her on trash days taking her trash out and I think one time I made some comment about keeping your side of the street clean kind of thing. So it's just a funny thing. It was a literal thing, and I just thought she was awesome back in the nineties, and she was and she still is today, but it's but it was because she had garbage, and I'm like, oh, you keep your eyes supercret and so it's just kind of a fun thing to think about that. And even if you just think about it on trash day, I'm taking out the trash. I'm gonna keep my side of the spiritual street clean, whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And because everything, you're gonna answer for everything, right, you're gonna answer for we are you know, all of it someday, and not in a punishment kind of way, but in a growth lesson kind of way, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a few I would like to get. There's a few I'd like to have a little punishment for it. But that's okay that I got to start that out, But that's not on me. I'm not I cannot, I cannot rewrite the rules. I'm just gonna let it be.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not my side of the street. You're exactly right, say keep yours plane and stay off of the other streets.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. That's exactly right. So I hope you fun to think about, something to giggle about, and something to just keep in mind as we navigate these super charged times. How to stay centered, how to stay focused on your side of the street, and how to celebrate and cultivate those relationships as deep connections you want to come back to over and over and just create more love on the planet.
Speaker 1: And join our reincarnationist movement because that's what I'm calling it now. And I'm also going to call out because I know he listens so much, but my high school boyfriend John and his husband Joey always listen, and so John, for the record, you're in my next life too, So I'm just like putting it out there. I love him. He's awesome of it.
Speaker 2: So thanks for listening to everybody, and remember our school is hard without the other side. Thank you for joining us everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey pat and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard who guides us.
Speaker 1: Will we guide you Hit us up on Instagram at other side guides or shoot us a note at high Hi at Vibes.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, we want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories and remember our school is.
Speaker 1: Hard without the other side. Insider's Guide to the other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.