Speaker 1: Hey, there are folks. It's July thirty first, and she just might be the most talked about and the most powerful prisoner in the United States of America. Glaine Maxwell. Everybody wants to know what she knows, and she ain't talking officially just yet. Welcome everybody to this episode of Amy and TJ Presents and Robes. This is miss popularity these days, Glaine Maxwell.
Speaker 2: Well, depending on how you want to describe her, Yes, she's popular in the fact that she is the woman who can shed all the light on this mysterious topic that has plagued so many people for so long, from the victims to the alleged men it's supposed to implicate, just to this entire enterprise of sex trafficking that was clearly going on for years and years and years at the hands of Jeffrey Epstein and his right hand Elaine Maxwell. So she's wildly unpopular and popular all at the same time.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Epstein died in his prison cell, died by suicide in twenty nineteen. He was never held accountable for his crimes. He died beforehand, those crimes prosecutors say were not possible without Glaine Maxwell. She was convicted of being specifically a co conspirator. She is in jail for the crimes that she participated in, which were the same crimes that Jeffrey Epstein participated in. So this is just not some woman who has been scapegoated. Prosecutors would tell you this is a woman who was fully involved and active and recruiting and grooming and helping to sexually abuse young girls.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and if you talk to any of their victims, And I did speak to Virginia Roberts, who now goes by Virginia Roberts Jiuffrey trying to remember how to say her last name correctly, but that was the first time I ever even heard the name Glaine Maxwell. And she was very very quick to point out that Glaine was just as bad as Jeffrey Epstein because she was the one who went out and found these young women. She was the one who had direct contact with them.
Speaker 3: Told them, Hey, just want to have you do a.
Speaker 2: Massage for somebody, and then escalated and escalated and escalated, but made them feel safe because it was a woman talking to them and bringing them in and bringing them in under her arms, so to speak, being like a mother maternal figure to these young women. All the while she knew exactly what was going to happen to them and exactly what was going to be taking place.
Speaker 1: She was the recruiter. This is classic grooming, giving them gifts, making them feel good, and it was classic classic grooming. Now she's appealing her and she can appeal it all day long. But she right now is a convicted conspirator. She is convicted of sex trafficking. She is convicted of these things. She's not alleged to have done this stuff. She has been convicted. Now her name, like you just sayd Robes, you heard her name for the first time during an interview. A lot of people are hearing the name and hearing it a lot now. And there's a reason we are where we are, and Robes, we have to go back last month. What started this whole mess? Really is the DOJ coming out and telling the world no more Epstein files will be released. This matter is essentially closed. There is no Epstein list. And yes, he killed himself in jail. This is the end of the story. And hell no. There was a revolt almost among some of Trump's own not just some a bunch of Trump's own followers.
Speaker 2: The Magabase the Magabase was outraged because this has been a big cornerstone, I mean transparency conspiracy theories. So Trump even campaigned on it, saying, I am going to shed light and give all the information out, not just in the Epstein files, but he talked about the MLK JFK assassination, all of these folks who believe something nefarious was going on within the government to conspire to hide what really happened. And so yes, this is the most recent of those conspiracies. But certainly everyone was waiting for that smoking gun or for that piece of paper with names on it. And I have found it unbelievably insane to think that all this time, it's been what six years now, pretty much almost to the day that Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide in his jail sale, that you're telling me that no Department of Justice member, no one had a direct interview with Glenne Maxwell, no one was able to actually ask her what she knows what happened. I understand the whole idea of her not wanting to not wanting to incriminate herself, so she probably took the fifth, But why that wouldn't have ever been of interest for prosecutors to find out what she knows before even going forward with her case and going forward with her convictions.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they didn't think they needed her because they were still in the process of I mean, Epstein was still alive at the time. Maybe they didn't know how much they needed her testimony at the time, how important she was. But after he died, they certainly needed a conviction of some kind. People were pissed when he died, and many still will never believe that he killed himself in prison. Ever, So twenty twenty one comes along and she ends up being on trial and getting convicted, and she is the one making an argument that she's being skateboarded. So I was just saying how we got here and while we're here, Yes, one that happened with DOJ. But then the story about the birthday book came out ramped this up even more. That Trump sent in a birthday letter to Jeffrey Epstein in a leather bound birthday celebration book for his fiftieth birthday. Fiftieth birthday that Robes, they say, Glaine Maxwell put together, so that big story comes up. Trump sues the Wall Street Journal for this, So this became a bigger thing and gave us something else to talk about with Glaine Maxwell.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then on top of that, Pam Bondy, it appears, let Trump know that his name was in the files, not that he was incriminated in any way in participating in any illegal act, want to make that very very clear, but that his name does appear in the Jeffrey Epstein file. So you put all that together, and folks are and his own base was turning against him and saying, this is transparency is needed right now. We need more files, we need more information. And it looked as though to a lot of folks that Trump was covering it up because he didn't want his name to get out.
Speaker 1: So you have that issue. And then just this week she officially appealed her conviction to the Supreme Court. That put her name in the headlines as well. So all of these things started to collect collect, collect, where everybody is talking about Glene Maxwell. She did her interview with the Department of Justice. The Deputy Attorney General Todd Blant, spent two days with her last Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Was it nine hours nine hours and now one hundred names, questions and answers, and of course We didn't hear anything directly from the Department of Justice, nothing from Blanche himself. He did say he would talk about what was said what he learned at a later date, but we immediately pretty much heard from Gallaine Maxwell's attorney, who yes, said that she gave or at least answered questions about one hundred names and gave details and she didn't hold anything back.
Speaker 1: Said claim she answered every single question, never said nope, I'm not going to talk about this person or that person. Answered every question. Limited immunity they say they gave her. I'm not exactly how much she was covered on in that, but she got limited immunity at least in talking to the Department of Justice last week. So what's the next move? And remind I don't know if you knew a lot of this stuff. I didn't really know her background. I didn't know who Gallaine Maxwell was. She's sixty three years old now, but I didn't realize she grew up privileged, like really, yes, privileged with a billionaire dad in the UK, and people keep wanting to talk about she grew up in a fifty one room mansion in the UK. I'm like, hell, she grew up very privileged and went to Oxford. She was at the height of society over there in the u K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was somebody who was connected, and so was Jeffrey Epstein. So the two of them were a powerful and they were a couple for a little while. They dated and then dated briefly and then became friends and then business partners, so to speak. And wherever Jeffrey Epstein was, you would find Glaine Maxwell, because yes, she was highly connected. And you hear about all the reports and the ties to the royal family, it all makes sense she had those ties. As you pointed out, her dad was a billionaire.
Speaker 3: He did die a mysterious death.
Speaker 1: They still they claim, well, he fell off of yacht and they don't know if it was a suicide or an accident. But she ended up staying in the US, in part because the family name had essentially been run through the mud over there because of her dad. He turns out he defrauded a pension fund of eight hundred million dollars. His wealth was essentially just all smoke and mirrors after his death, they found that out. So she had come over here kind of. I didn't realize her dad owned the Daily News at one point, the New York Daily News, like he was a big time dude in publishing. But she comes here kind of as an emissary to his company. They said, yeah, stick around over it. And what does she do? She plays the game she knows how to play, and she finds Jeffrey Epstein and she starts introducing him to people she knows in these circles, and it just goes and go. It's just amazing to hear how she left that life there and built a whole new life of wealth and society and running in those circles here, and her running buddy was Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wealth and society and crime. The apple didn't fall far from the tree crime and power. And that is certainly what she exerted and was essential to the crimes that Epstein committed. He couldn't have committed them without her.
Speaker 1: That's their prosecutor saying heiod could not.
Speaker 2: Happen, period. And that is from everything that the victims have testified to and said she was as much a factor in what happened to them as Jeffrey Epstein himself. Was.
Speaker 1: How much are we going to eventually hear from her? We don't know. She has been subpoena by a House Oversight committee, and she initially rose right through. Attorney says she's going to take the fifth. You can call her all day long. She'll show up for a subpoena, but she's going to plete the fifth. But then she gave it a thought. I don't know if it was the very next day, but it was soon after. They say, well, she'll talk, and she has conditions.
Speaker 2: There's no question that Glenn Maxwell wants to get out of prison sooner rather than later. And she knows she's holding a for lack of a better term, Trump card. She knows that she is pretty much the only one with verifiable information. She knows what happened, and she knows who all was involved. And her lawyer was very quick to say, hey, if she gets clemency, basically, if President Trump wants to pardon her, she'll tell you everything. She won't hold anything back, and she will clear up misconception and miscommunications that have been disseminated to the public. You hear that, and every person who has a conspiracy theory in their mind, or who knows or who believes that not all the information has been given out, and certainly there are people who would likely be perhaps implicated, are right now free, But how concerned are they right now? If Glen Maxwell decides to sing, and she claims she's only going to do it if basically she can get some sort of a deal. Either she gets immunity so that it doesn't affect her appeal to the Supreme Court, or she gets some sort of ataboy, whether it's a reduced sentence, whether it's a commuted sentence, whether it's just less time behind bars, or maybe in a different setting. She wants something. She knows she has some power and she wants something in return.
Speaker 1: That's her only card to play. So you're damn right she's going to hold on to it. But she says she's willing to testify in public.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that?
Speaker 2: Oh? And look, you know her brother has come out in defense of her and has said that she's escape goat as well. He feels like she's been unfairly targeted and punished for the crimes of someone else. And he's also said very publicly that he is concerned about her safety. Look, a lot of folks point to the fact that you have Jeffrey Epstein who died by suicide according to the Department of Justice, and plenty of other folks, But there are, like you pointed out, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of folks will never believe that happen.
Speaker 2: Then you have Virginia Roberts Jeffrey, who also just recently, sadly and.
Speaker 3: Tragically died by suicide as well.
Speaker 2: And so there's just a lot of concerned about folks safety involved in this story. A lot of victims are afraid to speak out. I know there are a lot of these lawyers who represented these victims who are concerned about speaking out. There is real fear about safety, and that's scary in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Because there are just there. Just we've reeled off two people connected to this story who new information, who are victims of all of this died by suicide. Okay, people do die by suicide. It happens in a case like this. People that closely involved in this very very any working of this whole scandal end up dead. Yet other people are going to be nervous about it. I'm not making a suggestion that anything happened to them, but people will raise their eyebrows when something like this happened. You mentioned Virginia Jewfrey, Yeah, the talk now about Glainne Maxwell possibly getting a pardon. You want to hear what Virginia Gewphray's family thinks about that idea.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to this edition of Amy and TJ Presents, and we are talking about the woman everyone's talking about, Glaine Maxwell and her bid at least to have some sort of She wants to either half her sentence commuted, She would like to have her sentence reduced. She would like to be pardoned in exchange for the information she has on Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 3: And she claims she can.
Speaker 2: Put all these conspiracy theorists to rest. She claims she can make sure that any misinformation or miscommunication is rectified because she knows information that truly no one else would or could.
Speaker 1: What do we make of that? The public? I think many obviously there's an increased interest. Can we trust her? Can you trust what she says? I don't know a lot of people say, hey, this is a criminal and a liar. What's the point. Why are you going to make a deal. The House Oversight Committee, they already said no, we're not going to give her immunity. No, absolutely not going to do so. They're going to have a change of heart. I don't know, but to that point she gets up there, raises her hand, I swear to tell the truth.
Speaker 2: Is she going to She's already perjured herself several times. That's what prosecutors will tell you. However, it's undeniable that she does have the information. Whether she tells the truth or not, who knows, but it is undeniable she knows.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine there being an ounce of them from an ounce of information that Jeffrey Epstein had that she doesn't currently have.
Speaker 3: Agreed, she arranged it all agreed, like she did it all agreed.
Speaker 2: And so it's interesting because Trump, you know, has been trying to deflect, and a lot of folks will say all these things you've been seeing on social media are all on attempt to distract and deflect. But he did make a statement about Virginia Jeffrey, and he mentioned this because he was trying to explain why his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein ended. And he's given different accounts, but this latest one he did say was that Jeffrey Epstein was going into his spa mar A Lago, going into his resort and plucking young women and stealing them from him, and he mentioned Virginia specifically, and it's that is very true. Virginia absolutely talked about being a worker at the spa and that that has when Glen Maxwell came up to her and propositioned her to give some massages, and it just evolved. She was sixteen years old, TJ sixteen years old, and she talked about this painfully, that she really did go into it. She needed money, she had come from a broken home. They were offering her, I think three hundred bucks to give some guy a massage.
Speaker 3: But it escalated from there and then she talked.
Speaker 2: I mean, she really really really spoke out about Galaine and so it's no surprise then when you hear Trump mentioned Virginia's name. Virginia's family then spoke out and they released this statement and it is powerful and we'd love to read it for you in its entirety.
Speaker 1: Well in terms of how he mentioned Virginia on the he was on Air Force One. He was asked about it, and the families respond to that when they say it was shocking to hear President Trump invoke our sister and say that he was aware that Virginia had been stolen from our alago. It makes us ask if he was aware of Jeffrey Epstein and Gallaine Maxwell's criminal actions, especially given his statement two years later that his good friend Jeffrey likes women on the younger side, No doubt about it. We in the public are asking for answers. Survivors deserve this. It was an odd choice. I guess you could try to give him the benefit of the doubt. But to say he stole he stole this girl as if she were property, it just sounds.
Speaker 2: It not only sounds bad on that part, but also the fact that it sounds as if he knew what Epstein was.
Speaker 1: Doing, coaching them for what purpose exactly.
Speaker 3: And doing well with it resort, so that's also appalling.
Speaker 2: But the family equivocally says that they do not want to pardon for Ghlaine Maxwell. They say the government and the president should never consider giving Gallaine Maxwell any leniency. Glaine Maxwell is a monster who deserves to rot in prison for the rest of her life for the extraordinary violence and abuse she put not just our sister Virginia through, but many other survivors who may number in the thousands. And I think that is a powerful and understandable statement. Also, just after her death. Her family released something she wrote just before her death by suicide, and this just speaks to where Virginia's mind's mind was.
Speaker 3: Mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers.
Speaker 2: Need to show the battle lines are drawn and stand together to fight for the future of victims. Is protesting the answer? I don't know, but we've got to start somewhere. What happened to her and what she went through never left her. She lived with it every single day and it's so tragic that her life ended so soon.
Speaker 1: And she is not quite yet resting in peace. Because this story continues, folks, we will continue to stay on top of it. Watch the updates for the updates here on Amy and TJ Presents. It appears there will be updates damn near every day, but we will update you as often as we can specifically in this feed. Remember you can keep up with us on the morning run for the daily headlines on our regular Amy and TJ podcasts. But this story Robes is not going away, and some degree might just be getting started at least this next phase.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think everyone wants transparency, everyone wants information. Knowledge is power, and we certainly hope we get it, but not at the expense of the victims who certainly want Colne Maxwell to pay the price for her criminal actions. And with that we want to thank you for listening to us. I'm Amy Roboch alongside TJ.
Speaker 3: Holmes. Please have a wonderful day, everybody,