Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. Welcome to the program. We got football tonight, our one Dan and the Dan. It's Dan Patrick Show. Glad to have you on board. Stay as long as you like. Just turn the lights out when you leave. My starting lineup Fritzy Seaton, Marvin Paully and yours truly. Tonight, it's the Eagles hosting the Vikings and the Vikings are getting six and a half over under is forty nine, So the Vikings in primetime and it usually doesn't go well for Kirk Cousins. He's four and ten in primetime road games, so he's five quarterbacks with double digit road primetime losses. Eli Manning Eli was six and seventeen in prime time on the road. Andy Dalton was one in fourteen. Aaron Rodgers twelve and fourteen. Ben Roethlisberger was nine and eleven. Kirk Cousins oh for three Thursday night road games. He lost to the Giants, the Cowboys, and the Rams.
Speaker 3: Whoooo cowl.
Speaker 4: Stead of a day, stall of a day, stead of a day, Statuta day.
Speaker 3: This is the state of the day.
Speaker 2: The stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. By the way, this hour's brought you by a Discover credit cards. They do something really awesome getting back from Dublin. The trip the restaurants and Discover is going to double the cash back that we earned over there. See terms check it out for yourself, Discover dot com, slash match SA. Good morning. Good morning to those watching on Peacock and our streaming partners, and also our radio affiliates around the country, those chatting on chat row operator Tyler standing by, take your phone calls, play the day, poll question, stat of the day. All of that is forthcoming. I was thinking about this last night, even today, about Kirk Cousins. Normally, that would be a story a person you would root for, be like, Okay, came out of Michigan State, not you know wid widely heralded. You had him going to Washington. They spent their first round pick on RG three. He goes in the fourth round and you're like, oh, okay, well he'll be a nice backup. Then all of a sudden he gets to play. And then all of a sudden, I think, what turn people against him or turn people off with Kirk Cousins was when he got the first guaranteed, all guaranteed contract. And I remember talking to a source with the NFL and he said, the night before he goes, you're going to have something to talk about tomorrow, and I go, what do you mean? He goes, Kirk Cousins is going to get all of his money guaranteed, and I just remember people saying, Kirk Cousins, Why Kirk Cousins. I don't know, you know, right place, right time. He's been a good businessman, and he's been a pretty good quarterback right if you look at the numbers, But the numbers do lie because you want to see what you need to do when you need to do it, and that's where Kirk has not come through with you know, a quarterback who is commensurate to being one of the higher paid quarterbacks in the game. But it's weird because if you've heard him on the show or you saw him on the documentary on Netflix, he comes across as just a normal good guy driving a mini van, playing football, showing up in a plaid shirt. You know, that's it. That's who he is. Pretty simple. But I was wondering, why is it people? He doesn't say anything that's really controversial? All right? I mean he had one quote, you know, but how do you like me? Now? Are you like that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it? But other than that, why don't we root for him? Can we solve why we don't root for Kirk d Cousins?
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, it does seem people turned towards him after the Netflix series Quarterback. They're like, oh, this guy is a good guy, and everyone thought he good guy. I think if you're a Vikings fan, remember they had that really good team what was that two thy seventeen they almost hosted the Super Bowl and they decided to upgrade and boot case Keenum and the upgrade got you two playoff appearances in five years and not any closer to the super Bowl. So if you're a Vikings fan, you're like, yeah, we like him. He's a good guy, he's nice in town. He puts up great regular season stats. They won thirteen games last year. But are we closer to the super Bowl or same to.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not closer this year. I mean they're sort of a weird team because they feel like ten and seven if all goes well, But then are you going to pay him? Are you going to franchise him again for the third time in his career? He'd be franchise tag, Yes, Palie.
Speaker 3: And if you're a third time franchise tag, it bumps up the cost. I mean he would make north of fifty million dollars for that one season if he franchise tag north of fifty Yeah. Okay, but you're, like you said, they're in no man's land in Minnesota. They're competitive, and but they're not in play for Caleb Williams. They're not. They're never going to be that bad.
Speaker 2: But what is it about Kirk Cousins? You know, fourth round draft pick? You know, he's he's the underdog, and then all of a sudden we turned against him.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know if it turned against them, I don't. I don't know if there's people that.
Speaker 2: Necessarily root against I think I think people goof on Kirk Cousins. Definitely, yes, definitely, okay, But because he doesn't have he sort of is like a giveth taketh away if kind of guy, isn't he? Wait, Like, dang, he has like an awesome game and then the next game will throw like three interceptions and you're like, dang, what the heck with this dude? But would you rather have Mac Jones or Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 5: But see, now, even if you're asking that question, you've already that is probably horribly insulting to Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: Well, how many teams would take Kirk Cousins, I guess is the point I'm trying to make that he is not everybody is going to be Patrick Mahomes. We expect everybody to be like, oh, you know, let me see what you can do. Can you throw forty five touchdown? Not everybody can do that. You can still be good enough to play in the NFL. And Kirk Cousins is a twenty nine touchdowns thirteen or fourteen interceptions guy. That's what he feels like. I mean, that's not bad. He feels a little bit like a retro quarterback. He would be great in the seventy, right, Like he's not a modern quarterback, is like in a league full of Ferraris, he's a Studebaker or something, you know what I mean, where you're.
Speaker 5: Like, all right, yeah he's hot a cord, Yeah, okay, yeah, maybe he's a Honda Chord. But like from the eighties, you know, a little bit of like a throwback kind of guy or something that like.
Speaker 2: A Ford Pinto. Oh sure, yeah, yeah, Pauline, I think.
Speaker 3: I would take Kirk Cousins in the fall and mac Jones in January because Mac Jones has not proven that he's that much yet, but he does seem like he would be good in a clutch situation. He has been a little bit in the past. I just people have trouble buying into Kirk Cousins again as far as like the Viking's going further.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would never be surprised where I go. Man, Kirk Cousins didn't play well in primetime or a big game, but I do think he's He's a good quarterback. He's not great. He's not going to be something. It's like Dak Prescott. We keep waiting for Dak Prescott to be something that I don't think he is.
Speaker 5: Yes, Seed mac Jones this weekend was gifted two opportunities in the last like three or four minutes of the game to beat the Eagles.
Speaker 2: And they couldn't punch it in. He was I mean he was gifted. There was.
Speaker 5: It was dropped right in his lap in good field position, and it's like, all right, dude, now just take him in and win it.
Speaker 2: And he couldn't. But you would take him over Ryan Tannehill, Right, you take him over h Kenny Pickett?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Picket hasn't done much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean he he is a good quarterback, just not great. Would you take him over Russell Wilson Junior? The third How dare you? How dare you?
Speaker 1: Dare you?
Speaker 2: How dare Ritzy? Would you take Kirk Cousins over Russell Wilson?
Speaker 1: I would not.
Speaker 6: I'm still holding out hope that the old Russell Wilson will rear his head in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you removed last year, which is really tough to do with Russell, WILLI Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: Pete.
Speaker 3: Russell was great in the fourth quarter, Yes, great in prime.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was so somebody that I had on the short list of giving the ball, he can be my quarterback. Two minutes ago, trying to win a game down four.
Speaker 3: I can find in my notes three or four years ago, we're discussing who would you want in the fourth quarter, Bradier Russell Wilson. That was three years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, we saw it in the Super Bowl when they went toe to toe and New England did not have an answer for Russell Wilson back then. You know, for a team that was led by their defense, they you know, they relied on Russell Wilson to keep them in that game against New England. All right, age seven to seven to three DP Show poll question for hour one is going to be what Seaton O'Connor.
Speaker 5: Well, I've been sitting here workshopping a week two NFL must winningest game this weekend, must winning this must winningest game this weekend. We talked about this a little bit before the show. Just throw out a couple of options, you guys, by all means, please help populate. Okay, is Broncos commanders a must win game this weekend for the Broncos.
Speaker 2: I think it's a must play well game for Russell Wilson. I don't know must Well, what do we what are expectation levels for the Broncos. Well, I think that there were expectations for the Broncos this year. New coach Russell Wilson is going to get back on track. Sean Payton's going to right the ship. How about for me Bengals Ravens. Bengals absolutely must win that game. I agree. You can't go down to two in in your division, in your division, and it's a home game against the Ravens, right, yes.
Speaker 3: I'll say the mustiche mustish win for me is Giants Cardinals. The Giants. The Giants were expected to be a playoff team or compete for a playoff spot this year. They got waxed. They it's on a tee to write the ship at the Cardinals, supposedly the worst team in football. If the Cardinals go oh and two or the Giants go to two, call the season off and do whatever you're gonna do. Call the season because then they're really they really stink. Dallas could have been an aberration, but they got waxed if they somehow lose to the Cardinals, who don't want to by the way, where their goal is to not win.
Speaker 5: How about must winningest Chargers at Titans. Chargers need to win this weekend. Yeah, okay, that's that's a must winningest. That feels must winningest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Ravens Bengals. Definitely for the Bengals. Let's see, what about the Jets, like the Cowboys hosting the Cowboys hosting the Jets. I know it's not must winningest, but that's where you want to prove that you are one of the elite teams. And you just, you know, demolished the Giants. You come back home, everybody's talking about how great you guys are. Your nine point favorites, Theys some good defense. Is this a must win for the Chiefs in Jacksonville? How about a must win the Bills at home against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: I was flirting with that one too, but the Bills seem like they could still make the playoffs if they start slow, because I feel like the Jets are less threatening and you just got to get past Miami.
Speaker 2: Is there another must winningest? Not Dolphins Patriots. Dolphins don't have to win that game. No, it'd be nice, but you don't have to and it's not must win for the Patriots. I don't think we have great expectations. They're like any win. Is there any other must winningest Brown Steelers? Nobody has to win that game. I don't feel like there was big expectations for the Steelers this year where they're Yeah, I think they were a sneaky pick. But okay, you get embarrassed at home and now the Browns come in. But also when you say must winningest, are we talking about heads are going to roll, somebody's gonna get fired. That means you're not gonna be one of the better teams this year. So all things, but if you're the Steelers, Mike tom was not getting fired. No, they're not replacing Kenny Pickett. People probably think you're the fourth best team in that division.
Speaker 5: If this if Kenny Pickett doesn't play well this year, you don't think they'll look elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Deep draft?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like see.
Speaker 5: I think the reason I think the Bengals have a lot of expectations on themselves, absolutely massive expectations.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yes, I think that's that would probably be my must winningest game, that one that that's up there.
Speaker 5: Colts, Texans, nobody, I mean, somebody's probably going to win that game, but nobody really needs technically so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Packers, Falcons, we like, the Packers just look great against Chicago. People loving Jordan love. And now you go to the Falcons. Falcons, dangerous team, good offense, playing at a home. Little momentum there, anybody, anybody, Saints Panthers. The Panthers don't need to win that game. The Saints should, it'd be very helpful. Yeah, right, but they don't. They don't. It's not a must win for them. Hmm. But you have the like the Vikings are going to Philadelphia and then they come home, and then they have the Chargers come into town. I think like you start out zho and three question marky Vikings might have to win this weekend tonight, Yeah, tonight, sorry, yeah, throw out the records. Dang must win tonight, must win Thursday. Jeepers, creepers. I don't know that anybody who was ready for that. By the way, DraftKings anytime touchdowns score, think about that one. We'll have that after the break. Also, the over under for both teams tonight. I'll have that for you coming up as well. We'll get to phone calls. We'll settle on our pole question as well. Nick Wright, our good buddy. He got a tattoo. He thought the Chiefs were gonna go undefeated. You gotta never a doubt tattoo. He'll join us coming up and try to explain that Brian Winhorst from the Mothership on the load management possibilities coming up this season and how the NBA is going to try to enforce this that star players are playing more often than they are accustomed to. All right, well take a break, just getting started back after this, Dan Patrick Shall, LifeLock is here to help you. Now you're probably saying I don't need LifeLock. You may not feel that way, but it's not a question of if. But when something happens, somebody takes advantage of all the information personal information that gets exposed so often, and it's easy for cyber criminals to steal your identity. Plus, if you have students who are in college, your children are there, and somebody can take advantage of the student's newfound freedom and access personal information. LifeLock to texts and alert you to potential identity threats you may not spot on your own, like Loan's taken out your name, crimes committed by thieves pretending to be you. If you do become a victim of identity theft, a dedicated US based restoration specialists will work to fix it now. LifeLock is quick to point out no one can prevent all identity theft or monitor all transactions at all businesses, but they're the best at doing this. Join now save up to twenty five percent off your first year promo code Patrick one eight hundred LifeLock, or go to LifeLock dot com promo code Patrick for twenty five percent off. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. Todd, you like this song? I like it a lot.
Speaker 7: Figures right there?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 1: This is a band called Go West, Go West. I know the song from a pretty Woman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty woman? Okay, it was in a movie Go West.
Speaker 3: Can anyone name another Go West song?
Speaker 2: I couldn't name this one, so I can't name another one. Queen of which figure?
Speaker 1: They have a sequel?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: We close our eyes?
Speaker 8: Was there?
Speaker 2: Of course? Back to you, what's the poll question? We're gonna go with seton what would you rather have a quarterback for your team? Dan Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson. Wow, that is spicy today. That is yeah, that is fpify. That is there you go? Uh we have a Oh, by the way, according to DraftKings, who is the best odds to score a touchdown tonight? Marvin? Start with you? Jalen Hurt bloop bloop blue bloo blue bloo blue. Maybe I should have said, now, I guess this is running or passing? Is that what it would be? It says anytime touchdown score?
Speaker 3: Oh, so if he throws one, he gets it before the person's.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what that means anytime touchdown score. Maybe Dylan are a graphics guy who's part of our gambling podcast. Would by the way, we have another episode. If Dan Patrick takes a gamble later on today and Dylan is going to try to go for a three peat, that would be another three leg parlay that he'll miss all three legs of the parlay. So would he go oh for three or is he going over nine? Or is he both? Because he's he would miss on all nine legs of those three bets?
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, those three parlays, he would miss on all nine legs, so he's at the same time going over three and over nine. Okay, maybe right now he's oh for two over six, but it would be one bet on these three legs. But he would also have lost all three of those legs, So you're right. So right now he is, he's gone ozer for six and he has another three team parlay that he'll unveil, guaranteed to go wrong.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good about it, though. Yeah, messed up the graphic, but that's all good. Yeah, all right, So I should have said anytime touchdown score second best odds Todd justin Jefferson. Nope, Oh that was my guess. Satan had justin Jefferson, Pauli.
Speaker 3: Alexander Madison.
Speaker 2: He is six fifth or six Alexander Madison, Madison cross Hamilton. Yeah, he was in Hamilton. A. J. Brown would be your your answer. That's a good one. Yeah, second past.
Speaker 1: Did you see that with the original cast?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did two times. Yes, over under for each team. I think Vegas is expecting a twenty seven to twenty game, twenty seven to twenty one, twenty eight to twenty one. The over under for the Vikings is twenty and a half. Over under for the Eagles is twenty seven and a half. All right, quick quarterback quiz? Ready quarterback? No, it's not quick quarterback? Quick quarterback quiz.
Speaker 3: Three quarterbacks all time have at least two hundred and fifty touchdown passes and fewer than one hundred and ten interceptions.
Speaker 2: Throw.
Speaker 3: That's a great ratio. More than two hundred fifty touchdown passes in their career, fewer than one to ten interceptions you all time.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say Aaron Rodgers correct, Russell Wilson correct, that's correct, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Three guys are talking about.
Speaker 2: I was just told that the anytime touchdown you have to either catch or you have to run it in. It's not a So they're banking on Jalen Hurts running one in or maybe catching one the Philly special. Yes, boom, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they did not change that rule this year, so they could still push Jalen Hurts through for the fourth and one. Oh yeah, then they kind of mastered that play.
Speaker 6: Yes, ton, what if your block of punt and fall on it in the end zone? Where does that fall and you didn't catch it, then you didn't receive it it didn't run it in.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'd be a touchdown.
Speaker 6: So it could be, but it doesn't have to be something you fit either caught or ran in.
Speaker 1: You can even pespell on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you look at a box score, it'll say block punt and then such and such scored the touchdown. So they they don't just say block punt, touchdown. They give credit to whoever recovers that. All right, anything else that needs to be mentioned here?
Speaker 3: A funky stat, isn't it? Kirk Cousins stat wise, Yeah, yeah, Hall of Fame stats.
Speaker 2: You're just saying numbers can lie.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 2: They do, because when you look at what he's done in primetime, I'm more amazed by Eli Manning was six and seventeen in primetime games. Andy Dalton won one out of fifteen primetime games. Aaron Rodgers sub five hundred, Roethlisberger sub five hundred, Kirk Cousins four and ten in primetime road games.
Speaker 4: Stat the day that past, stead of the day, stat of the day, here comes that what stead of the.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul David Tyree should get a job at Omaha Productions. He's he is should be lifetime lifetime All pass that that puts him in the Hall of Fame. You're a regular season five hundred quarterback. You didn't lead the league in any categories except for interceptions in your career three times. And believe me, I love Eli Manning. He's great, but he's not a Hall of Famer. He's going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: He did lead them and was very responsible.
Speaker 2: He had two incredible years postseason.
Speaker 3: His status and two postseasons were very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, if if I just looked at those and I didn't attach two super Bowl wins to it, he would not be a Hall of Famer even with one super Bowl. You could make an argument there.
Speaker 1: Yes, Mark, in twenty five years, no one's even gonna know about his record or anything like that. You're gonna know about the two Super Bowl rings. So I didn't know Joe Namath had more interceptions than touchdowns. Yeah, until I was an adult. All I knew was super Bowl three and the guarantee. So in twenty years, Oh no, they don't even know, nor will they care.
Speaker 3: Two rings in a jacket, that's it, and beating.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady twice. He didn't beat Rich Ganning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Jim Plunkett won two Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: He didn't beat Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nobody talks about like his regular season number. They just say, oh, yeah, Jim Plunkett, Yeah he won two. Not getting in the Hall of Fame, it's.
Speaker 3: Fair for Jim Plunkett was somewhat of a bust coming out of college. He didn't work out that well. But he was eight and two in the postseason's career, two playoff runs where he played great and two rings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know what is expected of quarterbacks now. If you go back and look at Bob Greasy or Bart Starr's stats, you'd go, man, how did they keep their jobs? But they were part of great teams, some of the greatest teams of all time. But what was ask of you back then is different than what's ask of you now. You have to be able to put up big numbers. Everybody's throwing the football. Back then, the Dolphins had an unbelievable running attack. The Packers had an unbelievable running attack. They were game managers, true game managers, and that's all you needed to do. You were part of a great team and you got rewarded as a result of that. I mean even the Vikings. When the Vikings lost Super Bowls, those players weren't rewarded. They got to the super Bowl, but they weren't rewarded because they didn't win. When you win, we look at you differently. And quarterbacks nowadays and put up you know, three hundred passing time. That used to be incredible. I remember looking at that stat with fran Tarkington three hundred and ten touchdowns. I go, nobody's gonna throw for three hundred and ten touchdowns. Now it feels like you have to throw for three hundred touchdowns. Used to be like five hundred home runs. You gotta gotta hit five hundred home runs. Now it's like, okay, not a big deal. Hey you only hit five hundred home runs?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mark, it's like fifty home runs now, Yeah, we're like Matt Olsen, who's that?
Speaker 2: Although I think it's weird how it got more interesting and it felt like more important when you go, nobody's hitting that that amount of home runs, and you know people are hitting a lot of home runs. It's just you know, Olsen has fifty one. Although I did see a stat here here's something for you. This is pretty mind boggling. Kyle Schwarber, he has struck out one hundred and ninety two times this year. Now, I think he said forty home runs might be the worst forty home run season in baseball history. So Kyle Schwarber of the Phillies has struck out one hundred ninety two times. Tony Gwynn struck out one hundred and eighty eight times in the nineties, Right Darius.
Speaker 9: Stat of the day, that of the day. Here comes the stat of the day, as that of the day, stat of the day. Here comes the stat of the day.
Speaker 2: The stat of the day brought to you by a Penny America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. So in the decade of the nineties, Tony Gwinn struck out one hundred eighty eight times. Kyle Schwarber has struck out one ninety two this season. Also, here's one for you. Tony Gwynn once went fifteen hundred at bats without striking out in consecutive played appearances. Fifteen hundred. But the wait, there's more. With Tony gwyn sixty nine times in his career he had runners on second and third with two outs. He never struck out from age thirty five until forty one. Tony Gwynn batted a combined three point fifty. I know we don't value batting average. I certainly like a guy who puts the ball in play. I have a better chance of getting on than if I strike out, right, That's just logic there. But hey, we want you if you walk and you hit a home run.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kyle Schwarmer is this generation's Adam Done. Adam Dunn led the league in strikeouts like four or five times. He would always hit forty home runs, hit like two nineteen. I think Kyle Schwarmer is hitting under two hundred this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know which team has hit the most home runs in the history of baseball? I did not know this. The Braves are closing in. The Braves have hit two hundred and eighty two home runs. That's the fourth most in a season in baseball history, the single season record, Paulie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go. I'm trying to get the date. I'm going to go early nineties Oakland A's.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope. How about I give you a big hint. It was set in twenty nineteen. Come on, yeah, this team hit three hundred and seven home runs. Yankees Nope, Marvin.
Speaker 1: I know the answer. Accusing myself.
Speaker 2: Why why start now.
Speaker 3: Shifted direction?
Speaker 2: Why start doing that now? Mary, let's just called.
Speaker 3: Back to curtain.
Speaker 1: That's my right.
Speaker 3: The Wizard of Oz, the Brewers.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Twins. I said, Minnesota, you got it. In twenty nineteen, hit three hundred and seven home runs. Can you name a Minnesota Twin in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Joe Mauer?
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing? The Twins hit the most home runs in a season in baseball history, all these great lineups, the Twins. Yeah, Poem.
Speaker 3: It's weird because it feels like we're out of the PD steroid era. Like no one's questioning Matt Olson. No one's questioning somebody. But we're in the don't care if you strike out, launch angle, only play for home run era. So there's could be a bunch of dudes hitting forty and fifty and no one's going to stand out.
Speaker 2: Did you see that article I think ESPN on the biogenesis with the whole controversy with steroids, and that a Rod ratted out Manny Ramirez, shocker, and he ratted out a few guys and Beeves trying to save himself. But I don't know why this came up a decade later, but I think ESPN did a deep dive. What was the guy's name, Tony?
Speaker 3: Was it Bosh Biogenesis? He was the operator?
Speaker 2: Yes, remember that the mini mall? Yeah, yes, Yeah, it's like some like strip mall that you drive by and you're like, that's where baseball is getting bigger.
Speaker 3: Right there in the documents, it says that a rod named Manny Ramirez, Ryan Braun and another All Star player whose name they don't have as clients of Biogenesis as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he was trying to Hey, I'm going to give you these names. Can you, you know, not out me with this?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's become the face of baseball there for the mother ship. Let's see Jim in Ohio. Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Good morning Dan, Good morning Dan, Abs morning John. I want to question regarding Mike Tomplin. I do agree with you that Steelers aren't going to fire him, but don't you think it's time they sit him down in the encourage him to semi voluntarily resign. I mean, their offense has been dismal for several years now, and really this whole Canada issue falls on Tomlin's shoulders. So I think every game. In fact, I think they're past the time of winning. That happened several years ago. And I'm a Steelers fan. I have been for fifty years now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thanks for the phone call, Jim. I don't know. He's still a damn good coach. I think he got a lot out of that team last year, and I don't think there were high expectations for them. You got a good receiver, you got a good potentially a good quarterback, you got a running game, got some defensive players. We were also wondered about this when the Chicago Bears picked up Chase Claypool. Like, the first thing I would say is Mike Tomlin is making Chase Claypole available. Mike Tomlin doesn't get rid of good players. Like when you go, hmmm, why does he want to get rid of this guy? If you see Chase Claypole, you'd go, man, that guy. He is going to be an All Pro, He's going to be a star. And then you watch him play and you go, does he even like football?
Speaker 3: That's a very good description.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he does. I've said this before many times. There are guys who are really good at sports. That doesn't mean they love sports. There's just guys where you go, oh my god, Calvin Benjamin. I remember walking on the field in Denver opening night and Carolina came out and I go, that's a basket. Like the Nuggets just came onto the floor. And you see Kelvin Benjamin and you're thinking that guy should be Calvin Johnson. He was, you know, like you were watching him. You're going and I remember Chase Claypole at Notre Dame and I'm thinking he's that tight end wide receiver. He's going to be great. I just don't know if he loves football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mark, he's got all the physical tools, Yes he.
Speaker 2: Does, thank you.
Speaker 1: I hate that so much. Else he's got all the physical tools, yeah, all right? Does he like to play football?
Speaker 3: And if any team needs engaged wide receivers, it's a barrassing.
Speaker 2: I think I need some mental tools, not necessarily physical, like mental do you want to play?
Speaker 1: You know what, Dan, if he puts it all together?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you never know? Yeah yeah, potential, oh yeah, po potential? All right? Play the day is up next. Tire raq dot com is waiting. I mean, you're going to need tires eventually, but they're waiting. They'll always be there tire rack dot com. You're gonna get fast, free shipping, free road hazard protection. That's just the start. They have a test track their facility in South Bend, Indiana. They test all the tires. Then they give you all the information. Also, if you get confused and you're like, I don't know what tires I should be getting, they have an easy to use tired Decision guid you get a personalized tire recommendation and it's going to take about two minutes. So that's the right tires for Holland, wanted and where you drive. Just go to tire rack dot com slash dam. They sell only the best. They got Bridgestone tires, the full lineup, and they ship fast and free. They have over ten thousand recommended installers. Also mobile tire installation. Ask about that. It's available in a lot of areas. That means a technician will bring the tires to you at your homer office and install them on site. Tire rack dot com slash Dan. See the entire lineup of Bridgestone tires tire rack dot com slash Dan, tire rack dot com is the way tire buying should be. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's Ben, host of the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour? I'll tell you it's a spin off of it. Ben Mathershaw a cult hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will? We chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more.
Speaker 2: Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben.
Speaker 10: Mather on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh My, God.
Speaker 2: Of the Day, the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Check this out.
Speaker 4: One two trail to deep left center field, rising back towards the seats, and that is buried deep into the seats. In fact, that's onto that concourse above the seats. It's a two run homer for Riley and it's two nothing Brains.
Speaker 2: It's courtesy of the Braves Radio Network, Austin Riley Homer for the Braves as they win the National League East two hundred and eighty two home runs so far. Play the Day brought to you by Panini America, the hottest Rookies, biggest super starts, the old time greats. The only place to collect them all and any trading cards you can start or continue collection now Panini America dot Net. Tom in North Carolina, Hi Tom, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: From one in DP, Hey Tom.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got a pile of the face bet Russell Wilson Pie of the face bet. But I wanted to share a little fun fact that I was doing a deep dive on Week one comparisons this year and last year. The Broncos played the Seahawks. Last year first game of the season, Week one, Seahawks won seventeen sixteen. This year Broncos played the Raiders. Raiders won seventeen sixteen. Don't know if it means anything but kind of a fun fact there.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, Tom. What's your pie of the face bet?
Speaker 8: My part of the face bet is going to be with anyone in the room that Russell Wilson will be benched. Now that means maybe taking out maybe in the third quarter there behind or whatever like that. I think Sem Payton's going to take an opportunity to bench Russell Wilson on one game this year.
Speaker 2: Oh this year. But what if he gets hurt? Now? Is that? Like just performance benching is what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Tom, You can be the mediator on that, Dad. I was thinking, yeah, I was thinking just for.
Speaker 2: Performance, all right, performance based benching for Russell Wilson Junior the third anybody want a piece of time, pie to the face anybody, anybody?
Speaker 3: I'm not taking it. Could it could be one of those blowouts where they protect him and they put in Jared Stadham or over the back of.
Speaker 2: His Yeah, but that wouldn't be performance related.
Speaker 3: Yeah it might be.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't allow that one to happen.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If he's just you know, six for twenty two with two interceptions, then that's performance based.
Speaker 1: I could see that happening.
Speaker 6: If he's saying before the season, you'll stop kissing babies, and they took away his special locker room or whatever special setup he had, you know, it's definitely within reason that he would have Russell said, if he's not doing what he's supposed to be doing, No Seaton, No, I.
Speaker 5: Don't see that happening. The Russell Wilson disrespect right now is just off the charts. Who would you rather have a quarterback for your team? Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson. Do you want to take a guess?
Speaker 2: I hope people are saying Russell Wilson that they would take. Some people are, but not a majority.
Speaker 5: Uh No, it's about a eighty one to nineteen split Kirk Cousins. Oh now, is that a statement on Russell Wilson struggling or Kirk Cousins playing well or likability or likability?
Speaker 2: I don't know if people realize what Kirk Cousins did opening week. I don't know if you say this is recency bias, that would just be based on what Russell did last season. I mean Russell looked pretty good the first week, Yeah, Tod.
Speaker 6: I think if Russell Wilson didn't tell everyone how he was working out on the plane while everyone else was sleeping, and didn't through the subway commercials, I think would be more like sixty forty Cousins.
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't think that the fans they like Russell Wilson the person. I mean, he hasn't played. He didn't play well at all last year.
Speaker 1: Is that what this is?
Speaker 2: This isn't performance as this is this likability people.
Speaker 1: Still satisfactored in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people like Kirk Cousins more than they like Russell Wilson. I think people started to like Kirk Cousins when they got to know him. I think there was That's why I said when I started the show, I don't know why he's not liked. Is it because he did that quarterback thing?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And you got to watch him, You're like, oh, look, man, this dude's putting in work.
Speaker 5: He's just not He might not be great, you know, because he's putting in a lot of work, and this is like the best you're going to get out of him.
Speaker 2: We should root for somebody like him. But what Russell Wilson's doing the same thing, isn't he? But we we have rooted for Russell Wilson. We never rooted for Kirk D Cousins. I don't know. I don't know about that. Russ went to he won a Super Bowl, lost to Super Bowl, he married Siarra.
Speaker 3: He've he's done well, not in that order either, by the way, Yeah, I bet.
Speaker 2: I feel like years ago though, there was a good stretch of time that we did these types of poll questions with Kirk Cousins and it was like, no, I'm telling you you want Kirk Cousins over Cam Newton or something like that, you know what I mean, Like who would you pay more? All right?
Speaker 5: He had a real underdog quality to him for a long time. Yes, and now you just might haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know this was the narrative, as they like to say, Well, he's winning because of the defense. And then when the defense kind of fell apart, then we're like, all right, let's see if for Russ can cook. And then I think that's when things started to change a little bit there. And then there were stories that came out and then people I think kind of soured on him a little bit, like he kind of goofy thin, He's not normal. He's always got a tuckseedo in his back seat of his car. But he would go to he would go to hospitals, he would do all these great things, but it felt like he wasn't endearing himself to people.
Speaker 5: It starts to come with an eye roll sometimes, like, of course he's saved that puppy too, of course he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he was working out on the trip to London while his teammates were sleeping.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, say your prayers, eat your vitamins type guy like, oh my gosh, would you stop already?
Speaker 5: Which is so weird because I know that I do it. I know I'm definitely an eye roller for things. But it's like, man, the dude's just trying to be a good person. Maybe he's just trying.
Speaker 2: Too hard to be a Yes he is, Yes, he is try hard.
Speaker 1: Yes, save the puppy.
Speaker 2: Of course, on your way to practice that day, you save the puppy. Yeah, he threw himself in front of a you know, a moving van and save the puppy. Very brave, thank you, see the puppy. Come on, Russell, save the puppy. Come on, kidd, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: I have quarterback ratings after week one. The number of who's leading the NFL right now in quarterback rating Jordan Love, Second is Desmond Ritter, Third is Brock Purty. Want another bottom four Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill week one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a thing I saw too that people were like week one, these four quarterback salaries add up to you know, one point five billion dollars and they combined for one touchdown. And it's a long season. That is it is long. I mean it's basically still the preseason anyway. Yeah, well the first month. Yeah, according to coach Belichick, should we do the uh.
Speaker 9: The game?
Speaker 2: And what was the phrase? We had the winningest or most winning winningest game this weekend? Win? Yeah, the mustiest, must win musty. It's a little smells a little funny. Yeah, but you gotta win. Yeah, must winning this game this weekend Jaguars. Maybe we'll change that up for Hour two. Our good buddy Nick Wright is set to join us. Coming up next to our more phone calls as well. Eight seven to seven three DP show email address, DPA, Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle, a DP show, A lot of great items if you go to Danpatrick dot com. A lot of great T shirts for sale. We'll let you know when the next batch of moonshine drops. Hour two on the way. One more item. We close out Hour one every week we talk about our friends at Panini America and why Not. These are the official products of the NFL, UFC, NBA, FIFA World Cup and collegiate sports. One of a kind digital cards. These are the official trading cards and NFTs of the Dan Patrick Show. Collectors can share your cards in the public gallery. Also, you can complete challenges earning exclusive award cards. Also keep an eye out the newly released NFL and NBA Prison packs, and also keep an eye out on the Panini NFT platform new features coming next month. The only platform where you can win physical versions of your NFTs Panini NFT trading cards, giving you the opportunity to pull autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, even one of one NFTs from every pack. Get started, visit NFT dot Panineamerica dot net. That's NFT dot Paniniamerica dot net. These are the official trading cards and NFTs of the Dan Patrick Show.