Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back, e y l we on the West Coast. This is gonna be something that's gonna be a very exciting, legendary situation, something I actually been looking forward to for a while. So first I got a shout out his brother, but my brother as well, Christ Legend. I met Chris. Everybody knows the story and ever since we met, we always tapped in and uh, Chris one of the best storytellers of all time.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 3: I told Angie that, and she was like, Earv is a better storyteller than.
Speaker 5: Christ stories because he's way like his stories immaculate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Irv Gotti really needs no introduction but pioneer in the space. But somebody who's been able to reinvent himself. I don't think it gets enough credit for that. So obviously one of the biggest musical music moguls Murder Inc. And then actually transitioned to the media side with Tales on the Game TV and recently changed the game again when he sold his Masters for one hundred million. So there's actually a lot to talk about because that Masters conversation is really really exciting prevalent. A lot of people have different takes on it. I think Future just sold this Master.
Speaker 5: Litl Wayne did it, Future Legend Legend The Future got like sixty seven justin Justin Timberlake did Timberlate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we keep seeing it, but it's like what does it really mean?
Speaker 4: Like all the details and all that, so what should means?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think like when people saw it, like they saw Timberlake do it, and obviously they saw Wayne we got a bag.
Speaker 6: Well that we know that, people are just like wait, huh, why they're doing it? So it's just because the bad Because.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a through conversation. But first and Foremo, thank you for joining us. Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Happy to be here, you guys. Jesus and Moses.
Speaker 3: That's what they say.
Speaker 4: We're on the street. Jesus and Moses.
Speaker 3: On the street. So let's lie, let's start. I want to start with this. We might fust start with this one hundred million dollars for selling your masters, right, yeah, so walk us through that process because you told it to us when we first met. As an interesting story how that even came about because I wasn't on your radar, No, so talk about how that was even on your radar, Well, it.
Speaker 4: Was on my radar.
Speaker 7: Was making the film and I needed five million dollars to make a film. So I wanted to raise the money because the people I was asking that I thought would just loan me to five million, was asking for fifty percent of my.
Speaker 6: Real friends for five million, good friends.
Speaker 7: I'm telling them this is going to be a multi billion dollar company. They give me five million, they want fifty percent. I was like, I'm not getting jerked right. So people told me, they said, oh, if you got the money, just use your masters as leverage. So that's what I did. I did a deal with this company called Sound Royalties, and they get me five million dollars. I had to give them a big interest rate. I had to pay him back like six million.
Speaker 3: Six million for five million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a loan shark. Yeah it was. It was shylocked. It was shylocked. It was shylock raised definitely.
Speaker 7: Uh, But I didn't care because I had a situation set up with Paramount and Bob Backage that I felt very strong that if I made the movie for five I would get back seven to ten. So if you know me, once I once I want to do something, I'm doing it right. There's no looking back. I got a tunnel vision. I don't give a fuck I'm going So basically, when I did that, the word got out that I'm doing shit with my masters. Zach Harrwitz, great friend, of mine. He was the COO of the Universal Music Group and he called me and he's like, you want to sell your masters? I said, well, I borrowed money against it. I ain't selling them. He said, but what do you want it? I said, well, if the price is right, I said, I want to make TV and film and I want to own it. I want to have the money to pay for it to own it. He said, this is this guy, Olivier Chastin. He he pays the most for masters, and he plugged me with him. As soon as I'm at Olivier, it was like a love fest, and he gave me a like twenty seven X. He gave me a big multiple for my masters. So I took the deal and took the money right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic.
Speaker 6: Erners. What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, Backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go, backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland security.
Speaker 7: Then where he got his money from or the company that he's partnered with is this company called Pimco, Pimco.
Speaker 4: Giant Financial Giant.
Speaker 7: So he put me on to Ben Frishman. So we're sitting there at a meet and you know, they buying my masses. So Ben was like, so, why why are you selling your masses? If you might if, he said, if I could ask you, And I said, well, I'm selling my past to ignite my future. I said, I want to pay for my own TV series, pay for my own films, so I could own it one hundred percent and build that catalog up, just how I built my music catalog. He said, well, I'll give you two hundred million, to which I'm like, you know, coming from where I come from, the nigga, say you're giving you two hundred million. So my immediately response was like, it's what you want, like fifty percent of my company?
Speaker 4: Oh, eighty percent. He's like, nah, I don't want nothing.
Speaker 7: I just want whatever money that you borrow from me pay me back eight percent.
Speaker 4: Said that's it, that's it. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 7: Man was all from me a two hundred million line of credit and didn't want a percentage in my company. So he said, you know, you don't have to spend that hundred for your mask. He's like, we'll give you the money to make your product. I said, cool. So you know, it's really a dope story because it's a story of.
Speaker 4: I really it fell in my lap.
Speaker 5: The story, I mean, the way you tell it, and like I said, when we first met you actually you know, gave us a breath to it. But if it feels like this is how's this even happen? And how unbelievable is this? Can you talk about the contrast into the industry that you came from, where deals weren't structured like that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, just trying to like siga entity where I came from.
Speaker 7: If a nigga offered me two hundred million, he probably wanted ninety nine percent of my company.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's like, so the whole process of what happened, I got to give it up to God, and God just blessed me because I can't explain it.
Speaker 4: So let's let's break this down a little. Because you said a twenty seven x multiple.
Speaker 3: So this is important people to understand because a lot of times people aren't fully educated, so they're like, yo, they're looking at music, like, don't sell your music because you're not going to have a legacy for your children. But when we went in London, DJ he explained it to us. I never really thought about it like this. He was like, it's like a startup company. Like when Elon Musk sells PayPal for two hundred million. Nobody criticized him for doing that because he used that money to fund SpaceX and Tesla and now he's the richest person in the world. He's about to be a trillionaire. So he was like, you could look at up music catalog just like that. It's like you're selling a company for it's a liquidation event. You get a lump sum of money as opposed to getting residual amount of money and not that long.
Speaker 4: Do you take the hundreds or do you take four million a year for thirty years.
Speaker 3: It's like a lot of exactly, yeah, which money you take?
Speaker 6: The kids?
Speaker 4: And there is the thing.
Speaker 7: If I'm retiring, maybe the four million is good, but I'm not retiring my mind. I got other things that I'm trying to do where I could use that hundred But look, doing that deal for the hundred, it bounced into the two hundred, and then.
Speaker 3: So the two hundred that's a lot of so the same company. The hundred is upfront, they gave it to you. That's money in the bank. The two hundred is a lot of credit. Essentially, it's like a credit card. I ain't got to use my hundred when.
Speaker 4: You use the two hundred, as long as you.
Speaker 7: Get agg I just when I said, I told your tails Latin so Olivia is like, he's like, how much is it gonna be?
Speaker 4: As maybe two million? In that twenty million, he's gonna give it to me.
Speaker 7: I'll be part of probably the line of credit twenty million, which I got to give them back eight percent. Let's all die because once I make it, I'm gonna sell it for more to a streamers company and then but I own it now.
Speaker 4: I own it.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,