Speaker 1: Our two Sean Hennity Show tolfree. It is eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn, if you want to be.
Speaker 2: A part of the program.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of news regarding Supreme Court decisions that have come down today.
Speaker 2: Some I like, some I don't like.
Speaker 1: Greg Jarrett, Fox News legal analyst and New York Times bestselling author will join us at a minute. Court allowing Trump to fire the FTC commissioner overturns major restraint on presidential power.
Speaker 2: A lot of people looking at that as a huge win.
Speaker 1: Others not happy about the Court preventing the president from firing the FED chair, Governor and justices uphold the state law allowing for late arriving mail in ballots. Not sure why people get an extension. And you know, when it comes to getting their ballots in on time, there should be a set date.
Speaker 2: That date should be election day.
Speaker 1: And if everybody's tired to have it in by that date, I don't think that is too onerous. Let's go to some analysis and we'll get to Greg. Here's John you explaining how the Supreme Court ruling in this one particular case, it's most important ruling, he declares in ninety one years.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said.
Speaker 3: The FTC case Slaughter is the culmination of a campaign by presidents going back to Ronald Reagan all the way through all the presidents, all the way through to Trump, aided by really the Roberts Court has been on this for twenty years now to try to end the practice of Congress of creating these independent powers within the executive branch which are not under the control of the president. This decision is perhaps the most important decision about the operation of the government since nineteen thirty five. As you said, Bill, that case is called Humphreys Executor. No longer will there be an FTC, SCCC, all those agencies we're designed by Congress to be outside the president's control. And the Court says clearly that is inconsistent with the vesting by the founders of the executive power only in the president. They're all going to be directly under the control of the president now, so it almost doesn't matter whether they're in the Treasury Department or in the State Department, because the President now can give them orders and fire them if they don't obey.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get Greg Jarrett's reaction to all of this. Greg I tend to agree with John Youw on this and his analysis. This is the Slaughter case where the dismissal of two Democratic Commissioners from the FTC by President Trump and finding that their removal conflicted with statutory requirements.
Speaker 2: What is your take?
Speaker 4: Well, John, you is right. Finally, after ninety one years, the president gets to regain control of the out out of control alphabet soup of federal agencies that mushroom during the twentieth century, the so called administrative state that has behaved. And you and I've talked about a sean as a fourth branch of government, unelected people totally unaccountable to anyone who wield enormous power. And today Chief Justice John Roberts said that's enough, and he restored common sense by saying, look, these agency officials who exercise executive power are accountable to the chief executive, the President, and executive power rests solely on the president and nobody else, so he can fire them at will, because removal is a necessary component of presidential control. And the Court said, by the way, Congress cannot restrict the president's control over these agency officers. So you know, in doing this, the Supreme Court reversed itself. As John you pointed out the Humphries Executor decision, horrible decision in nineteen thirty five by a different Supreme Court. Obviously that prevented presidents from firing officials at these regulatory agencies. That was a wrongheaded decision, and now finally it is dead and buried.
Speaker 1: What did you make of the Supreme Court ruling today on counting mail in ballots after election Day? Jonathan Turlie, our colleague, He described this as a significant loss for Republicans.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense to me.
Speaker 1: Maybe the exception of the military, if they need extra time because of the pace at which mail in ballots can be sent from overseas. Maybe with that exception, but he viewed this as a little bit more significant than I did.
Speaker 2: What is your take, well, I.
Speaker 4: Think this was the Supreme Court saying to the people across the street in Congress, if you really want to, you know, bring in these mail in ballots and contain them past the Save America Act, which has a provision on that. This ruling wasn't about ideology. It was a specific reading of existing federal law, and the Court said that the federal statute specifies when voters must vote, but it says nothing at all about when mail in ballots must be received. And the Court said it's up to Congress to pass a law i e. Act if it wants ballots to be received by election day, but until then, states have the power to manage ballot counting, which is what Mississippi did in this particular case. But this is consistent with the Constitution, which grants Congress the power to regulate federal elections, but it gives states the authority to administer elections, and that includes in a vote counting. However, the Court said, the Constitution does give Congress the power to override or modify those state rules such as Mississippi and California and elsewhere. But until that happens, you know, you're going to have these nightmare scenarios such as California, where you don't know the results for many days or weeks, and that only fuels distrust in the integrity of elections. I mean, I see, is the Supreme Court sort of lighting a fire under Congress that if you really want to fix elections, pass a law.
Speaker 1: You know, they often go back and pretty much advise Congress to do such without such explicit language as you're using. I think the case that is going to matter the most is the issue of birthright citizenship. Over the years, we've used the term anchor babies. People come from other countries, they give birth to a child in the US, and automatically they are a US citizen. Now you've heard oral arguments, you've heard different analysis of it.
Speaker 2: What's your take.
Speaker 4: Well, I wrote a column immediately after the President issued his executive order when he took office on birthright citizenship, and I argue that he had a valid argument because I went back to and you can read it online. Takes some time to find it, but you'll find it the debate that took place between the sponsors and the authors of that particular provision of the fourteenth Amendment, and it was abundantly clear to me from the words they spoke on the floor of the US Senate that they did not intend for this to include you know, children, or anybody who's not a legal resident. And you know, I was disappointed as I listened to the oral argument that that wasn't emphasized enough. Now that doesn't mean that the Supremes themselves aren't looking at that in context, but you know, I think the odds are that the President's going to lose on birthright citizenship. If he does, I think it's a wrong decision, and you know it would be up to con to fix it. It's astonishing to me that, you know, you hear Chuck Schumer say over and over again, Oh, it's Jim Crow two point zero. He apparently doesn't realize it was Democrats that created the Jim Crow laws, which were hideous and awful. And this has nothing to do about disenfranchising African American voters. If you look at the polling data, they're among the highest seventy eight percent or something like that want valid voter ID. And it's silly to argue in this day and age that these people don't have ID. Have to have an ID to do anything, to pick up medicine, to travel, to go anywhere, you know, even to attend Democrat rallies, you got to have an ID. So you know, I think they want to cheat, and they're creating the conditions to do so.
Speaker 1: I quick break more with our legal analysis of all the Supreme Court rulings that have come down today. More with Greg Jarrett on the other side, Mark Halper will analyze a lot of how the Democratic Party has now shifted so solidly left. I Final Moments where Greg Jarrett is he analyzes the Supreme Court rulings that have been released today. Overall, as you look at the decisions now that are coming down kind of fast and furious here, and whether it's the Slaughter case or Watson versus the RNC, or the Trump versus cookcase, or any of the cases that we're getting with decisions on and as we await the final decisions.
Speaker 2: What is your take on the makeup of the court.
Speaker 1: Because when people ask me, I really can't give them a straight answer.
Speaker 2: I don't have any.
Speaker 1: Clue what the judicial philosophy of Amy Coney Barrett is. At times, I don't have any clue what it might be. For you know, Chief Justice John Roberts, I don't know if you have the same questions I do, but I find some of their decisions contradictory and just odd to me.
Speaker 4: Well, Amy Coney Barrat tends to do whatever John Roberts does. You'll notice that in the opinions she mimics his point of view. But for those who say that this is a one sided court in the bag for President Trump, decisions that we saw today bely that argument. Yes, Trump has won some significant cases, but he's lost a bunch the terroriffs. For example, an important case I didn't win that one. Birthright citizenship will come out tomorrow. I don't think he's going to win that one. I may be surprised. And then, of course you point out to two cases in which Trumps slash Republicans did not win. The Lisa Cook case Federal Reserve, you know, where the President had fired her and the court said not.
Speaker 1: So well, why do you think they bifurcated that owl compared to other agencies which gave the president an enormous amount of power, And in that case, I'm talking about the Slaughter case.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, on the other hand, in the Slaughter case, the president has brought authority to fire anyone at federal regulatory agencies. But Chief Justice Roberts created an exception for the Central Bank, the FED. Why because in creating the FED, Congress structured it to operate independently, because it recognized that monetary policy is meant to be protected from political pressure. Understand, the Court did not say the FED governor can ever be fired, only that removal has to meet the statutory requirements contained in that law. It's a nuanced ruling, which is why the Chief Justice authored both the Slaughter case and the Lease of Cook case so that he himself could draw the distinction.
Speaker 2: Net net.
Speaker 1: Would you say that this was a good day for Republicans and the President or a split decision?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'd call it a you know, a split decision. Republicans didn't win everything, but you know, the slaughtercase is a huge decision because, as John Y pointed out, you and I agree, this out of control administrative state, this fourth branch of government has been wielding too much enormous power since the Humphreys decision by the Supreme Court in nineteen thirty five, and every single president has complained about it and been angry about it. But it took President Donald Trump to actually bring the challenge and take it all the way to the US Supreme Court and get a bad decision rectified. You know, the Supreme Court has gotten a lot of decisions wrong over two hundred and fifty some odd years, and they've reversed themselves and overturned themselves more than one hundred times. And you can add today's decision to that long list.
Speaker 1: Well, it's amazing these decisions come out one after another today and Greg Jarrett actually finds the time to read them all and men help inform all of us. That's what makes you great what you do, Greg Jarrett, appreciate your time. Start thank you as always. All right, my friend eight hundred nine to four one, Shawn is on number. I just wanted to do a check in. There's a guy we're going I'm going to introduce you to in a second. His name is Brian Stern, and he's the Gray Bull Rescue chairman and founder, and we saw what happened. He's a veteran of more than eight hundred rescue evacuation missions worldwide, and Brian has helped save in the course of his life. This is his passion. This is really what he was born to do. If you ask me, he has saved more than eighty seven hundred lives and served as a first responder even during.
Speaker 2: The nine to eleven attacks.
Speaker 1: And anyway, he's bringing his expertise in terms of you know, a lot of the devastation that happened in Venezuela. There's a lot of outrage growing after a video surface appearing to show the regime's Interior minister preventing members of a US rescued delegation from actually assisting the people that desperately needed help, which makes no sense at all. Secretary of State Marker Rubio waited on this, let's play it well.
Speaker 6: Maybe already deploying a search and rescue teams from Fairfax County, virgin and Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: There'll be some others, will add.
Speaker 6: That's their most immediate need right now is search and rescue efforts. They have a much of collapsed buildings and so they'll need a lot of help in terms of digging through that. The airport there is badly damaged, so we'll have to rely on the Department of War to deploy assets there. And then we're also helping them with some overhead imagery, especially in coastal areas where they don't have full visibility over what the damage has been and what the impact has been. Those are the acute, like short term needs over the next forty eight to seventy two hours, because in search and rescue, you're trying to get to people while you can still save their lives they're buried under rubble. And other countries are responding as well. The Kataris have already offered assistance as we spoke to them earlier today as well. El Salvador has stepped up, and multiple countries around the region, including Chile and others, have reached out to us to communicate and get that happening. As we move forward with that response, with the sort of the short term phase of response recovery, the second phase, of course, will be identifying their more longer term and acute needs. What are the things over the long term they're going to need help with. We'll have a better assessment that after the next forty eight hours when we're on the ground and as the Venezuelan authorities get more visibility as to the level of damage in terms of housing, where do you put all these people that don't have anywhere to go live, what we can do to help restore or help them restore their communications, their internet, their telecom and so forth.
Speaker 1: One of the things that defines the people of this great country, and there are so many things that define its greatness, is whether it's fellow Americans in need, whether it's a tsunami, you know, somewhere around the world somewhere, whether there's any other natural disaster, the ability of the American people, the generosity of the American people to rise to the occasion and provide the food and the water and the medicine and the supplies and the you know, the equipment that are needed to help people out in their worst moments is beyond inspiring. And I think there's no better, more generous country than ours. That's why it's hard to understand why some Democrats don't take right in their country.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Here to give us an update on it is Brian Stern. He's with Great Bill Rescued. He's the chairman and founder and he is staged and ready in the Caribbean to help in these missions following these catastrophic earthquakes, and he is bringing us an update today.
Speaker 2: Brian, Thanks for being on the ground.
Speaker 1: I think it's a pretty impressive record that you've helped say more than eighty seven hundred lives in your life. But clearly that's your calling and you're great at it. How did things stand now?
Speaker 7: Thanks for having us sean things are complicated. The video that you were just referencing where you see deo style of Cabo kind of adversarial with the search and rescue team from America.
Speaker 8: It's fascinating because he's literally.
Speaker 7: That same guy, Dio Stanta Caveo is on the same exact indictment as Nicholas Maduro and the remains of Rewards for Justice bounty on his head still to this very day. So I bringing it up. I bring it up just to showcase the complexity of this whole mess. The you know, Venezuela is a complicated place. It's always been a complicated place. The largest concentration of his bola outside of Lebanon is in Venezuela. And you're seeing, you know, American search and rescue teams co located with people who have literally part of the Rewards for Justice program.
Speaker 1: And all right, but but the report is is and this video to back this up that its surfaced appearing to show that the Interior Minister preventing members of a US rescue delegation from actually assisting the people in Venezuela.
Speaker 2: What's that all about?
Speaker 7: Well, this is this is the challenge, right, Uh, you know, back the Minister of Interior, dstad of Covello, is the guy in the video. He we have a warn out for his arrest as we speak. This is not a good guy. So it is not surprising that a bad guy is getting in the way of doing good things. That's what bad guys do. So, you know, the the people are suffering. The people have been suffering for quite some time.
Speaker 8: Just because there was.
Speaker 7: A big earthquake does not mean that the bad guys found Jesus. That's not what that means. Here on the ground, a lot of things have been frustrated. The relief efforts, humanitarian aid, search and rescue teams as you see in the video, all kinds of things.
Speaker 8: Permitting for aircraft, all kinds of things.
Speaker 7: Are frustrated by the current government of Venezuela. And when he you know, you know, Dalcia Rodriguez, the current president of Venezuela. Her stepfather is Ilius Ramirez, also known as Carlos the Jackal. That's her stepdad, the godfather of international terrorism.
Speaker 1: So well, if we have an indictment for this guy, why don't we just arrest him, get him out of the way, and then the relief efforts can continue.
Speaker 7: I the guy in the American in the video looked more like a law enforcement officer than a fireman. To me, I think he maybe should have, you know, done some hebeas gravice on on Dia style of Cabello and use that to pay for humanitarian aid and search and rescue teams to come in.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's the worst to be in the world either.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, are you able to get to the people in need? Because time is usually of the essence after an event like this.
Speaker 8: Right now we are absolutely in recovery phase.
Speaker 7: It hasn't been called yet, but the search and rescue part, the idea of finding people who are alive is now we're talking about divine intervention in miracles. If somebody is signed alive, it's at that level. Miracles do happen, of course, but it is it would be anomalist. It's a thousand degrees outside, it's very hot. Air purity is a problem. Air of oxygen availability in a collapse and can find space is at a premium.
Speaker 8: Plus injuries plus heat plus the rest, the likelihood of finding someone alive at this moment is very very very very very very low.
Speaker 7: Therefore, this is pivoting to recovery. This is pivoting to search and recovery, and so humanitarian aids. There's lots of people in Venezuela that we're already displaced because of conflicting all the rest. This earthquake did not make that situation any better.
Speaker 2: Brian, we appreciate all you're doing.
Speaker 1: Please update us if there's anything we can do to help you, or any message we can send on to the administration. Will be glad to help anywhere we can. Godspeed, Keep up the great work. And it's phenomenal what you're doing, and I have every belief that you know that relief will get there eventually. It's too bad that you have to fight through this, you know, insanity right now.
Speaker 7: The big thing we need Sean right now, Greble Rescue dot org. We need people to go to the website and donate. We're a five to' one c three at Helicopters and boats.
Speaker 8: Do not pay for themselves. Everything costs money out here, so we need people to listen and to please try and.
Speaker 7: Help people out. That's the best way people can help right now is give money to good organizations doing good work.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll put that up on my website Hannity dot com. Brian, appreciate you being with us, Thank you, sir. All right, quick break right back to our phones. Monday, eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn. Our number if you want to be a part of the program, right back to our busy phones. It's toll free this Monday, eight hundred nine four one, Shawn, Joe in my free state of Florida.
Speaker 2: Joe, how are you glad? You called? Doing great?
Speaker 9: How are you Sean?
Speaker 2: I'm good, sir. What's happening?
Speaker 9: I'm actually read up the road from you on Amelia Island, the only place in nice in South Florida.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 9: Hey, I want to talk to you a little bit about the Democratic Socialists in regards to are they this a little bit ahead of their time? Believe me, I don't agree with their ideology on a lot of the things. But with AI and US having to go to universal basic income, where as Ala Musk would like to say a high income, I'm looking at, you know, something like three point five million tolecom jobs as call center jobs alone being replaced by AI. Now, if we go to a basic income, universal basic income, that effect not only those individuals but also on income taxes. And how do we fund that? Do we end up going to a tariff type system or how do I mean there's a lot of different things that we're looking at and when the AI takes over in regards to the jobs, and I don't know if we're overly prepared for that.
Speaker 2: Joe. First of all, I would argue AI is not the future. AI is now.
Speaker 1: This very question that you're asking me. I had an opportunity to ask elon Musk. He thinks in the end, it's going to be net net, meaning yes, there will be some job displacement, but there will be many, many other jobs that are created. I am trying to encourage everyone that listens to this program and if you have, if you have children or grandchildren, you know, make sure that they are well versed in artificial intelligence and they get they develop the knowledge, the expertise and the skills that are necessary. Because it is the future. It's not like it's it is now. There's not a day that goes by. I don't use Grock, not a single day of my life, and I look everything up on Rock, everything, and you can get information at your fingertips. You can speak into it. And you know what's interesting, there are now schools that are developing, you know, entirely new curriculums, and what they're doing is they'll go through the basics, reading, writing, math, science for like two or three hours a day based on what a student's grade level happens to be at any given moment, and then they spend the rest of the day on computers learning AI, learning all aspects of AI, also finding their individual interest within it.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you that's going to be the next.
Speaker 1: Generation of millionaires, billionaires and very wealthy people in this country. If people put their head in the sand. And I don't care how old you are, I've always been a big believer in lifelong learning. If you think that I don't need to learn it, you do. And not only are you going to learn it, you're gonna have fun doing it. There's a lot of fun stuff you can you can experiment with, you know, and I don't I personally like rock, but get whatever one you want.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: But to understand the power of this tool and the impact it's having currently and we'll have in the future.
Speaker 2: It's critical for everybody to understand this, very very important.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree, all right, Joe, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Lance is in New Jersey. What's up? Lance? How are you glad you called sir? Happy Monday.
Speaker 5: Happy Monday to you, and thank you very much for what you do and all the all the prayers and hopes of the people and the country of Venezuela. And I do hope our rescue effort gets there with a little bit more expediency, even though things are here towards the Middle East. I don't know if you remember about this is exactly about a year ago that AI had the some people that generated the picture of the Statue of Liberty a year ago with the Berco on it. And you know, I thought it was like comical or you know, for foreboding or foreshadowing what could possibly happen. And lo and behold, now you have the mayor and Mandami is a product of generation and a half of being planted and allowing to grow and evolve. And with also with like you said, the media pushing itself and pushing that ideology. I can't wait to see a makeup of how people have lost their ability to be jingoists or jingoism.
Speaker 1: I contend that if you want to work hard, and I mean really hard, and you are dedicated to whatever whatever profession you choose, I don't think you can fail in America unless you have some type of disability that would prevent you from achieving that goal.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can fail.
Speaker 1: One of the most interesting things about the World Cup to me, and I'm not a big soccer fan, is the reaction of people from around the world and how stunned they are at how great America is, because I think they have had a false perception of us, probably generated in part by government officials that are pushing and indoctrinating them into socialism.
Speaker 2: I've got to run. Appreciate the call