Speaker 1: Attention, bargain shoppers, Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me Joey p Joepi's Apia, and today we're gonna talk about the bargains. That's right, because everybody likes free stuff. Don't pretend like you don't. Today we're gonna go through ten draft day bargains. These are guys going past the post two point fifty ADP in most leagues, and we're gonna talk about why you should be looking and adding them, not just necessarily your deeper leagues, but some of the more shallow ones as well. Before we get to those names, Welsh, it's great to see you here on this lovely Monday morning, and it's great to see that you made it through the weekend of all the WBC healthy. That's all I'm happy about.
Speaker 2: See point for you. You got the WBC joke in first I was sitting here contemplating where's the WBC joke? Yeah, no pitches to the wrist, no miss time or anything like that. Joey and I are always here, regardless of what you might see in the WBC and the players not being there for your fantasy. Also a slight little lean to why, if possible draft in the final weekend, because there's a lot of people that are hurting right now.
Speaker 1: Especially WBC years, especially those Oh you know, I like you said that because I haven't heard anybody really talk enough about that, and I'm so glad that you said it. But this is a good lesson the years where WBC is going on, you better take a little bit more care with your drafts. And I know it's fun. I know you're excited you want to draft, but sometimes these injuries happened. And we got to talk about jose L two Bay too. He's gonna miss eight to ten weeks with this broken thumb. It was a great game. Can I just start by saying it. It was an absolutely phenomenal baseball game. The energy in the building was electric. One of the more entertaining games we've seen in the last five years. I would say period World Series otherwise doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably the game of the tournament. I mean, we'll see what happens in the championship game or what happens with Japan and Mexico. But like, yeah, the Grand Slam by Trey Turner to be able to come back.
Speaker 1: As a moment they got up and then Venezuela came back and they were all fired up, and then Turner hits the Grand Slam and all that's up happening, and I just want to you know, I recognize how great the WBC is for baseball, and it is. I love it, you love it. We're wagering on it. I mean, it's a good time.
Speaker 2: America's story we feat by the way, it's been very good.
Speaker 1: I think the point is that you know you want to have it. It is important. I saw an incredible statistic Welsh that a million plus people attended WBC in the pool play where all the different countries were hosting in this very short period spent a million plus people attendees. The Oakland Athletics last year for eighty one games drew seven hundred and eighty eight thousand. So it is great for baseball. It's great for the globalization of the game. And when they pushed the World Cup in Qatar because it was so hot into the fall, a lot of people are skeptical that it would work, and I think it flourished in the fall, and there's precedence for you know, I remember back in the day as a kid, Ken Grivey Junior and all these all stars would go off in November December and go play around the games in Japan, Like, why can't we do it in November just to play it a little safer, Like I think we can. I think that conversation has to happen Welsh because now al Tuove from a fantasy standpoint, you have to knock him down significantly your rankings and second base was already positioned.
Speaker 2: It was kind of hurting anyway, Well, knock it down any rankings is saying it lightly because in the season he's gonna miss six to eight weeks and obviously, you know what is the what is the actual like recovery return time going to look like? So you're at best case scenario saying maybe JUNI you're gonna get him, And like you said, it's a bad position. I actually kind of hate it too, because you know me, I'm a huge jazz Chisholm guy and al two Vea's this great bridge because people will always take him first, maybe Simeon and this is just one less and like you said, the position sucks so much. There's even some back end injury stuff here that it's like just like five great guys to take Korge Plonco is dealing with an injury that he might miss some early parts of the season. That's another guy off the table. Like sometimes we make a little too much about a position, stinking not second base, not in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: It's a good it's a good point. And also, yo, I'm and Kata dealing with a rib injury or Nato dealing with a hand injury. Look, we all know the Edwin d has plied of last year. I love the WBC. I'm not talking ill about it. And I do think that you are gonna see as some of these more massive deals get handed out here. When Joey Otani makes half a billion dollars and he's going to make a half a billion dollars guaranteed money, I know they can't necessarily legally tell them not to do it because it's a Major League Baseball event. Well, and I wonder if there's gonna be some handshake agreements on the back end Welsh where they say the guys like Otani, like, look, we're paying you half a billion dollars, you've gotta you know, I know you love your country. I know this is a great event, but if it's gonna be in the spring, you might have to just pass on it. I could see that happening as time goes on.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting to see if that's actually something that is going to be a problem, because, like there's a lot of communication with players and teams like leading up to this. If you remember, Clayton Kershaw was supposed to pitch with tm USA, who would be the best pitcher on Timo Sabert right now, but they couldn't get that insurance policy set and they just kind of moved on from it. If any teams are really worried, I just don't think a player is going to throw up a major, major stink. There are plenty of players that bowed out because they wanted to focus on being with their team and they wanted to focus on getting ready. Karais Senga the Cartasenko was actually interviewed about that, and he just said that he needed to be here to get set for the Mets. It tends to kind of be something where it's like these guys are in limbo. You know, you've been in the majors for a little while, you've kind of I mean, like Trout, you hate to say it, like you have been in the playoffs, hasn't really accomplished a whole lot outside of like individual statistics, and this like kind of means quite a bit more. And I say that in like Mookie Bets is like, you know, World Series and blah blah blah, and this was a huge deal to him. I just don't know if it'll become contractual, but the amount of injuries is definitely making it a lot louder that. Yeah, it might be.
Speaker 1: It might be. Look, man, I think the World Cup kind of proved that, you know, you could do something October November and have it be hot and people will watch. I know what. You don't want to conflict with the World Series. Obviously you would have to be after that. But I think it could work. I really do, and I think it's a good event. I think it's a great event. So I am pro WB's a question for you too. As we look now in the rankings drafting Altuve, I would take Andres Meez ahead of him, correct, you would too, sy? Okay, Tommy Edmund, you would take ahead of him? Correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, when we get to Hori Polanco, Glabor Tors. Would you take those guys ahead of Altuve right now?
Speaker 2: Not Polanco because Polanco's going in injured.
Speaker 1: He's the other guy. Glabor Torres, Brandon Law. Those are the names at second base right there.
Speaker 2: I think al Tuove moves at best to the like right in front of the top one hundred, you know, like Labor Torris and them aren't really inside the top four n Yeah, like Edmond and Edmund and Jemenez are like top eighty. I think he's somewhere between like eighty and one hundred. But there's just more work you have to do, I mean personally, Like that's why I think he has to rank because he will come back and he'll still be great, but he's just not going to be a really drafted target for me. I've kind of moved on as I played fantasy over years of like taking this guy that I can sit on for two months and try to get extra value out of him. Maybe you can do it, you know, maybe his replacement I.
Speaker 1: Would take like Luisa Rise or Katel Marte later, I would take a discount if I got a good one on Altuve, and I would I would because the position's bad. I'm more willing to take the risk on Altuve as long as it's not too much risk, like you said, if it's going outside the top one hundred, then I think you could back it up for two months and still be okay and I get it done.
Speaker 2: I really like the kateel Marte thing. I like taking Altuve if you can get him like, you know, ninety to one ten, something like that, and then take kateel Marte, you know, four or five rounds later. I think that's like a really good pairing to go with him. And if katel Marte does kind of break out when al Tuov comes back, you're perfect.
Speaker 1: There you go, speaking of perfect, you know, it's perfect fantasy baseball and friendship. And on this coming Wednesday, one pm Eastern, right here on Fantasy Pros YouTube channel, YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros from one to five pm Eastern, we're going to have the Fantasy Fest for MLB. We've got Eno Saras, We've got Craig Mish, We've got Nick Pollock, Paul's or Frank stanfol a whole host of friends. Chris Matey's gonna join us. So you're gonna be locked into this. You're gonna want to hang out with us again. If you haven't already, make sure you subscribed and click that little belt let gos ding for notifications. It's this coming Wednesday, three twenty two. We're gonna be here for you talking baseball, so make sure you're part of that. We want you in there live. We'll take your questions, we'll take your insults, all those things. But you can only do it at the YouTube channel and you can always watch it back, but watching it live is fun. So we'd love for you to join us live anytime or the entire time again one to five Eastern this coming Wednesday. So don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where all the cool kids are hanging out. Well, let's get to the names here, and let's start here with some of the players outside of the top two fifty. These are the bargain basement guys that we think can have a big impact in twenty twenty three. Who's the first guy on your list?
Speaker 2: So this guy signed a little bit late, and he signed over with the White Sox. Actually just talking about them and all the injuries they're dealing with. I continuously look at Elvis Andris and I see a late deal. Just talked about second base gonna qualify at second base, that is where they're planning to play him. So as long as Tim Anderson doesn't have his annual injury happened really early on and he moves over to shortstop, Elvis Andrews is also going to get that second base qualification. By the way, we're talking about all this like bad second base stup. There are those sneaky guys Miguel Vargas and Elvis Andrews, two players that are going to acquire in season second base eligibility. But Andrews came on with this team last year seventeen homers, eighteen stolen bases in around one hundred and fifty games. But he did the brunt of it once he was traded. He didn't do it with Oakland. Bat x projections have him at ten fourteen and only one hundred and twenty games while hitting two fifty two, And if he moves up in this lineup, those run totals should definitely be higher than what are on projection. So if you want to play a little bit higher and you can get to fifteen twenty outside the top three hundred He's a smashing, smashing draft day bargain, and it's a three twenty eighty p I'm looking at Elvis Andres not just in like my deep de formats, but anytime I have a little bit of weakness in the middle infield, he's a target of mine, especially for stolen bases. We know he can hit some homers, and overall this is a team where he could move up the lineup. Good success last year. Elvis Andris, He's a draft Dave bargain for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three twenty again, free stuff. Let's get to the first guy on my list, Trey Mancini. Look, Trey Mancini has had a tough couple years, all right, first dealing with the cancer situation, to say the least. Then he finally comes back, has a decent year in twenty twenty one, and what happens in twenty twenty two They move the fences on him right and all of a sudden, left field goes way way out there, almost into the water in Baltimore, and it affected him. He then got traded to Houston, so you know, having to move around all those things, he is settling into the Chicago Cubs situation here, which is a much better ballpark factor for Trey Mancini, and Trey Mancini is a player that, at his peak gave you a season in twenty nineteen of thirty five home runs, ninety seven RBI, one hundred and six runs scored, hit ninety one. He's hit two ninety more than once in his career. So I'm not saying he's gonna go up to two ninety. I'm saying he's probably gonna be somewhere in that two fifty two to sixty range. But I think the power could certainly come back. He's years now removed from all the treatments he's had, and I'm sure physically it's taken a toll lot him, not to mention the mental side, not to mention having to get traded and move and all those things. So now he settled into a situation in Chicago where Welsh. I don't know if there's a lot of guys at two sixty eight overall they have the potential for a thirty home run season, but Trey Mancini has that. Not to mention, he qualifies at two spots outfield and first base, both of which are lame as hell this year. We've talked about it add nauseum on the show. So he's got dual eligibility power. Upside, he's super cheap. I'm taking a chance on Trey Mancini Welsh. I'm just gonna do it. Let's take a quick break in the action and tell you about Fanimal. I love live events, but I hate buying tickets the hidden fees they suck. It's like paying for a whole other person who's not even there to be there with you at the event, and customer service is terrible, and coordinating with friends as a nightmare. But then I discovered Fanimal and Fannamal has tickets to everything concerts, festivals, football, basketball, you name it, and Major League Baseball. And plus there's no fees. The price you see is actually the price you pay. What a concept. You heard it here first. Fanimal is the cheapest place on the internet to get MLB tickets. And we've all experienced how painful it is to coordinate going to events with friends, and I always end up fronting a bunch of money and then chasing down the friends to get reimbursed, and if they flake, I'm stuck with the whole bill. But Fannimal's patentent group purchase makes it easy to split payments with your friends, so nobody's left holding the bag and you don't have to commit until your friends do. So just pick the seats, pick how many tickets you want to pay for yourself, and then send the link to your friends. And when you join your group, everyone gets started separately and your tickets are secured, so you can stack cash by inviting friends ten bucks every time someone joins your group, catching baby. So fanomal it has amazing customer service to don't take my word for it. Check out there hundreds and hundreds of five star reviews. The next time you need tickets, go to fanimal dot com or download the fannimal app and use the promo code fanimal MLB. That's fanimal MLB for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Check out fanimal and experience more and now back to the action. Who's next on your list here of guys who are draft day bargains.
Speaker 2: Coming in at number four for me, I really didn't actually intend to have some trend of the post jose Al tuove world or anything like that, but I do have another second basement on this list because I like getting one of the if you can tell like I like getting Jazz Chishom, but later on I want to pair with another guy. And there's some really good cheat mental infield players and some players of qualified second base, one of those players being Colton Wong. Colton Wog last year fifteen homers, seventeen stolen bases, hitting two fifty one. This year, bat x projections have him at almost twenty stolen bases. As a matter of fact, the normal bat has him at twenty stolen bases with thirteen homers in just one hundred and twenty six games. Kind of just like we talked about with the White Sox situation with Andrews. If he's going to be hitting a high point in this lineup, it's going to work out really well for him. Every single year he sneaks into these numbers. I think he can push seventy sixty seventy fifty five RBIs are going to be kind of like a wash for him. But he might be a really solid four category player or at least three and a half, and you're getting him Actually two fifty one. I almost cheated on this one. It was right at two fifty one, but He is a slide fine draft day target, not just a bargain, but he's a draft day bargain target for me in every format that I can get, because like the hopefulness we have with Elvis Andres, maybe he can get to fifteen twenty, Colton Wong is almost already there projected, like I said, eleven and nineteen on the bat X in one hundred and twenty six game. A full season should get you good runs, good stolen bases, and pretty solid batting average and run totals from a player that is post two point fifty at a not great position. And Colton Wong is a must and he's a great draft day bargain.
Speaker 1: I love that he's at the top of that lineup, and I think this is one of those players is going to benefit from the new rules. The bigger bases, the time you can only throw over twice without throwing a ball. I think all of those little factors here and these rules changes I think effect more so these guys in the middling stolen base world than I was just about to say that Joe.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, like there's a lot of speculation overall, like who is the biggest beneficiaries. I tend to think and kind of see it is a little bit more of the top end. But Colton Wong straddles that line between like the upper tier of middle guys to the lower tier of high stolen base guys. And you know, the projections as far as like where his stolen bases are. Which I find really fascinating is the baddox projections are the third would be the third most of his entire career. So think about how projections.
Speaker 1: Just work in general. Right to me, though he has not.
Speaker 2: Stolen over nineteen bases since twenty nineteen, yet the projections have him in one hundred and twenty games going higher, so you can see and effect projections are already starting to build in these new rules that should affect him in a really good positive way.
Speaker 1: It's guys like that that have good speed but not always necessarily the best base stealing ability. Where now you got to realize you throw over twice that third time, Now you can have that extra step. The base you're going to is three inches closer. Not to mention, it's harder to get picked off because the base you're going back to is a little bit bigger. It's a little bit more room to get back there. So there's a lot of factors in there, and I think it's it's more of these middle of the road guys that I think people aren't paying enough attention to that might really spike and stolen bases. So I love this pick. Let's get to my number four here at two eighty five, Garrett Whitlock. That's right, I think we had. I remember which of the pigeon gurus we had. Now they're all blending together. Which, by the way, speaking of pitching gurus, tomorrow's show, Alex Vast Nick Pollock, the Great Pitching Debate twenty twenty three is back again by poppy or demand. Every year we have the two of them on to argue. It's gonna be glory. I can't wait for it. But Garrett Widlock last year in seventy eight innings between the bullpen and starting pitching, eighty two strikeouts, fifteen walks. The guy is excellent control. He's a three four five ERA with a one point zero two whip. He qualifies like Mancini in more than one spot, qualifies at starting pitcher and reliever. When you have mandatory RP spots in your lineup. It's really important that you have some guys like this, especially if youre in daily transaction leagues. Well, you've got the the Marinders closer and they take a day off there. Then you have Garrett Widlock who's starting. You could throw him into that lineup. He gives you so much flexibility. It gives you coverage. And I think Whitlock is just destined to be in the starting rotation this year, like they just have no choice. That's what it's going to be, and I think he is ready for that change. The Boston Reslucks are not a great team. That's why you're getting the two eighty one discount. But at the end of the day, once again, I'm looking at a pitcher, who can he give me one hundred and thirty innings this year? Can he give me one hundred and forty strikeouts? I think the answer is yes. And can that be under four and that three seven range maybe? I think all the answers are yes. I think that's a tremendous value at two to eighty one, especially with the dual eligibility factor. Let's get to your number three guy on the bargain basement list, and this is the guy you've mentioned before, but I think he bears mentioning again because he's had a good spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. We haven't talked about him in a little bit, but Hayden wiz Nisky was nesky with a two ninety eight EIGHTYP with the Cubs. Funny enough about I don't know two weeks ago or so. Even when we were and I brought him up one time before, he didn't have any lock set rotation spot as far according to roster resource, that has now changed with Nisky has had a pretty good spring. Four games in he struck out seventeen over twelve ERA at three whip is right around one, which is definitely what you like to see. Nine k per nine last year with a two to one eight ERA, and he's also just had a really solid spring overall, even when the results haven't quite been there, he's been smacking the zones a whole bunch. And this is something that I really want to see with him because I think the K numbers can go up the more that he's got to be able to pitch inside the strike zone and pitch at batters. Last year he had an under two walk per nine, So watch out if he increases at all, if we see an increase in his K per nine with those low walk numbers as well, he's really going to be able to teeter some very very valuable SP numbers. I mean, I think SP fifty is going to be an easy way to look at him. And he's almost got a three hundred EIGHTP.
Speaker 1: So it's not the.
Speaker 2: Best team in the world, but they're going to want to give him the full go coming off of a really, really fantastic spring, and I'm really excited to see what the what the results are going to end up being, because, like I said, this spring, every time he pitches across his zone a little bit of sweeper action. I'm very excited about Wesnewsky, especially with a two ninety eight ADP.
Speaker 1: All right, next guy on my list here, number three, three hundred and ten ADP ken to my Eta, and this is a little bit of a reach. I know he's coming back from Tommy John. I get that the Twins need him, though they don't need a fifth starter for quite some time. That's the whole thing. You always be paid with guys who are fifth starters. Because ken To Mayada wasn't gonna go out there and throw two hundred in things this year. Okay, that's not ken To Mayta anyway, But can you get ken To Mayada's velocity going? Can you get him up and running here? I know the other day he gave up a couple of home runs, but it was in a game against the Braves. Guys like Azzi Albi's and Marcelo Zuna hitting home runs off via. Okay, but more to the point, he did strike out five guys, walk two and that, and that's more to me what I want to see. It's not the home runs, it's getting the feelback for pitching. I think this Twins team is very good. They're gonna be competitive in that American League Central, and ken To Mayada as the fifth starter on a good team can be very valuable for you, especially in a deeper league. If for some reason they end up moving him to the bullpen, if some reason things happen, you can always cut him. All these guys were talking about, our guys are taking shots on if they don't perform well. The great thing about the dollar store, Welsh is this, you can get something from the dollar store and you could say this is great, and you use it every day. And it's awesome. You say, what an incredible value, or you could get something to the it breaks later that afternoon, you have kids, you know what I'm talking about, and you go, well, it was only from the dollar store and you throw away. That's the beauty of the guys we're talking about. But ken Tamaida has upside. Ken To Mayda has had runs of being a very good starting pitcher in this league. And I think this situation here bears witness. Continue to watch them in the next star here coming up, because ken Toamayda has the upside to be a pretty good, I would say, matchup play starting pitcher in baseball and in the deeper these leagues are we know the pitching could be a problem. I don't know how much you're gonna get out of him in April, but can you get four or five months out of him? And I think the answer might be yes. So again, dollar store shopping, the Dollar General KNTA Mayda just might get the job done before we get to the top two guys. That's right, chotchkes. But you know, and I know, you can go and get some really quality stuff at some of those dollar stores sometimes and it lasts forever, and sometimes it doesn't last.
Speaker 2: On the way home, yeah, or a day now, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or ten minutes before we go into the top two guys on our list. Don't forget everybody. When you have all of your drafts going on this coming weekend, have us in there with you. We want to be there for you, and we can if you're using the cheat sheets at fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard, and you can put some of these guys who are higher on our specific ranks than probably some other people's. Use the cheat sheets, you get that kind of bonus because you'll see those guys pop up and you'll be able to make those draft moves. So with the chea cheet Creator, you can easily access expert rankings, projections and customize your cheat sheets to fit your league settings with your favorite cross section or experts, or just the Welsh if you just want the Welsh, you could just have the Welsh too. But you can only do just updated mind too.
Speaker 2: I just injury Friday night, I think so there. I haven't done the aultobe injurya I we'll do that, but Friday night all new updated ranks.
Speaker 1: Sunday morning, I just updated mind. So We're here for you, baby, Fantasypros dot Com slash Draft Wizard, or just download the app and don't forget. You can go premium as well, Fantasypros dot Com slash Premium to get all the bells and whistles there, but use the cheat cheet creator with Draft Wizard, it's great stuff. Who else could be great stuff? Who is number two? For you? Welsh on these posts two fifty?
Speaker 2: Well, this guy has the Fantasy Pros to ADP of over four hundred. But the helium is rising, my friends, and if you're going to get him, you're going to have to get him a lot higher. But he's still a bargain regardless. It's Clark Schmidt with the New York Yankees. Now there's always some back end rotation conversations about who's going to be able to maintain what, but Clark Schmid is one of those guys that might be the answer to all of those questions. Clark Schmidt this offseason has added a cutter to his arsenal. And really, what he did, and I think we see this with like a lot of pictures nowadays, is we've he's taken that slider that he threw and I think he's broken it apart, and he's turned the slider into what I believe is more of a sweeper, which is kind of like a League White thing. And then he's added a cutter, and the cutter has had ridiculous results over twenty six hundred rpm. He as far as spring training as go, as he's been learning this pitch, the era has been inflated, but check this out era in four to six three, his whip point six point nine, those both don't add up. He's also had seventeen strikeouts in just under twelve innings pitch so far this spring. The new repertoire is a really really interesting addition to a guy that already has just a full arsenal of pitches, and that cutter really has the potential to be devastating, and the roverall adjustment of the slider as well. So Clerksmid is one of those players to keep an eye on. He has a four to zero four Fantasy pros ADP, but like I said, he is moving up. Take a Yankees pitcher, Take a guy who's going to get you some free wins as well, and if he stays in that rotation all season, this might be a league winner at this point if not take the opportunity while guys like Carlos Rodonna whatnot are going to miss time and take that opportunity to get those starts out of him, and maybe you're gonna piece together a pretty solid season. He is definitely a bargain for this draft season.
Speaker 1: He is. He's a bargain. He's been a guy that we've been looking to for the last couple of years. He's come up through the organization. And it's not like Rodn's gonna be the only guy to get hurt for the Yankees. I mean, everybody gets worked nowadays. So having a guy like that on a good team, it's similar to another guy I'm going to talk about in a second. There. You want these guys that are on the peripheral of rotations who could get fifteen to twenty starts, because that's gonna add up at the end of the day for you. In Fantasy nine, number two guy is Jared Walsh at three point thirty one, the first basement four the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Let's let's go back in the way back machine, Chelley Welsh. Let's take a little trip, a little trip down memory Lane. The twenty twenty shortened pandemic season nine home runs hit two ninety three over thirty two games, very short sample size, but it got Everybody was very encouraged. And if you were encouraged by Jared Walsh, then you had a really good time in twenty twenty one because he had twenty nine bombs he drove in ninety eight runs. He had two to seventy seven. Let me say that again, twenty nine home runs, ninety eight oribis to seventy seven batting average. Okay, he's going at ADP three sixteen. Oh hell yeah. And I feel like stone cold Steve Austin just hit me with a stunner because I can't imagine the player with this kind of potential being where he is right now. And I understand why last year was a dreadful season, one hundred and eighteen dreadful games. He had just fifteen bombs to thirteen batting average, But he had that thoracic outlets syndrome, which has killed tons of careers, but more specifically pitchers. We haven't seen a lot of hitters struggle with this in terms of long term, but we have seen it. We did that show. I think last year we went down the list of all the pitchers with thoracic outlets syndrome, and none of them ever returned to what they were. It's a horrible thing. Hitting is a little different. So I'm curious to see and I'm a buyer once again at first base, just like Mancini, it's dreadful. You're looking for help at the corners. Why not take a shot on Jared Walsh in a deeper league. He is absolutely free and this very few guys outside of the top three hundred, just like I said Mancini, outside of two fifty, about outside of top three to twenty, because thirty one right now that have an upside of thirty home run season powers are to fined. Go take a look. Keep an eye on Jared Walsh, because I think that's a guy that will be added very quickly to a lot of rosters in the early going. If he gets off to a good April, you'll be seeing him as one of the most added guys in baseball. But instead of adding him, just draft him instead. Welsh, what do you think about Walsh? I'm curious because that thrustic outlets syndrome has crushed a lot of major league careers in the last few years. I think.
Speaker 2: Him being in this version of this show is the best way to do it, because I don't know what to think of him. I don't know how to really approach him. But if you do want to start looking at players that have ADPs outside of the top three hundred, Jared Walsh has to be top three or four of the biggest seasons behind them as well, with really kind of unknown questions in front. I'm not a crazy I don't think I've drafted Jared Walsh in a whole lot of spots, but I will tell you if I am trying to reach a little bit for some of that big power boost to come back, he would one of those guys. Because also, I don't think this is like a outfield situation where they're immediately I just don't know if the replacements are already right there for them. I think they're stuck with Jared Walsh for the foreseeable future here. But yeah, I can I definitely buying into it. I like the logic of this because if you can get that COVID season come back right around there, Jared Walsh is going to be huge, huge.
Speaker 1: Huo huge. All right, let's get to your number one guy here, Welsh. This is the guy that just found a new home. And I think this is a great one because a lot of people probably just missed that signing over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this might be this might like jolt a lot of people. But if you're talking about draft day bargains, how about the leadoff hitter for the Colorado Rockies. Yes, Jerrikson Profar, who was just playing with the Netherlands I believe it was, has signed an eight million dollar deal with the Colorado Rockies. The Rockies always do this, They sign like goofy guys when they have young players. They signed Mike Ustakis. You could question if both of them are going to make the roster. But Profar gets a big also incentive based deal where there's a lot of like playing time and stats that are attached to this. And they've already announced that he's going to play left field and he's going to lead off for this team. And that is what makes me jump out. Where Profar has a four to twenty seven ADP. Guess what of all the players that we're talking about here, Mine and Joe's, this guy's the lowest ADP because people forgot he exists. It will change, of course, but Colorado just does wonders for guys like this. He had fifteen homers with five stolen bases last year with the Padres. His batting average projection wise, is still in the two forties. Projections don't really know what to do with him as far as stats. They've got him under a hundred games, eight homer, six stolen bases, but a full season on that if you wanted to kind of you know, project a little bit. Fifteen to fifteen really seems like it is like really right there for us, and it's Colorado. That's the other thing that I keep focusing on this is Colorado leadoff hitter Jerks and profar. The Colorado leadoff hitter outside the top four hundred is stupid. He might be one the best draft day bargains, but it's probably not going to last too much longer.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be buried on every site ADP. So he's one of these guys like when you start your draft, I didn't know Welsh does this, but I do this where before I even start a draft, I just go through my list of my quote unquote and I just find them all and stick him in the queue so I can have a well crafted strategy later on of when I'm gonna take those guys, because people just flat out won't even see him sometimes, and these guys are the poster children for that. My number one is in the four hundred, is not quite four to twenty seven, but he's four h six. It's David Peterson again, Dual eligibility sprp in a lot of leagues, the New York Mets. The Mets are talking about even going to a six man rotation because McGill and Peterson have been pretty much neck and neck here. Peterson was decent on his weekend start here. To me, Peterson always has the edge over McGill because you want that left in the rotation. That to me is the bigger advantage. You want to change it up. You don't want all right handed starting pitching in there, so I think having that left is a good thing. I think they play eight games to open the season in a row or something crazy like that, so having a six man rotation might not be crazy. So depending on how mcgil or Peterson fair in those first starts or so, that could change the calculus. I like Peterson more anyway, No, no knock on ty Loll the Terrible as we like to call him here on the show. McGill is probably going to get some moments as well. But there's a lot of age in this Mets rotation, and it didn't take very long for Josekintana or somebody else to get hurt. And here we are entering the season and Peterson, if you go back and look at last year stats, one hundred and twenty six strikeouts and one hundred and five innings. Now that's between the ballpen and starting pitching, but still a three a three era at times the walks. He could struggle a little bit with the control, but he's a young lefty. They typically tend to do that anyway. David Peterson's a guy that I think is continuing on the upside. If I was another team looking for trades, I would be looking at David Peterson and taking him away from the New York Mets and putting him in my rotation long term, because I think this kid has a lot of potential. So Peterson to me is one of these guys has a potential to me, fifteen to twenty starts this year, without necessarily just Quintana's injury because the age of Verlind or the age of Scherzer. We'd be foolish not that think there's gonna be some miss time in there, not to mention weird if one guy who's already out, and Carlos Carrasco hasn't been the picture of health either unfortunately in the last five years. So to me, Peterson is one of those musk grab guys. But been talking about him since since what February, and you know, it didn't take long for him to be relevant. But ADP hasn't caught up somehow, it has yet to catch up. But you better catch up to all these guys. Here are the top five from Welsh Elvis Andrews at three twenty, Colton Wonga two fifty one. Hayden was Newski at two ninety eight. It was Newskiters was Nesky. I keep hearing different people say different things. I'm gonna say it was Nesky because that's the way it sounds. It's just somebody same here too. In the comments will correct me. They're very good at that. Clark Schmidt at four oh four, Jerrickson Profar at four twenty seven that his is number one my top five, Trey Man Senior at two sixty nine, Garrett Witlock at two eighty five, Ken Tamaiita at three ten, Jared Walsher three thirty one, and David Peterson of the New York Mets at four six. Who are your favorite draft day bargains? I want to know. Drop your names right there below in the comments on the YouTube and let us know who some of your guys that you're grabbing at late rounds that you feel really good about that could really have an impact in your twenty twenty three fantasy leagues. Or if you just want to complain about the fact that you drafted jose Al Tuba on Saturday morning and then he got hurt Saturday night, you can complain about that too. This is a safe space for your rage. We welcome that here. God knows I've got enough of it to share. Oh yeah, oh yeah, well, leading off is like my rage place. It's like I just on a weekly basis, there's something that just you know, pushes me over the edge. That Christ too, the leading off action for you right around the course when when we start, we got to go check our schedules, but make sure you lock in your schedule. Wednesday, one pm Eastern to five pm Eastern. Fantasy Fest, the Festival of Fantasy Baseball Friendship is here for you with an all star cast, so all your questions answered. We've got a great list of people. We got MLB insider Craig miss joining us. We've got Ino Saris again, Frank Stanfel, Nick Pollock, Paul Sport, Chris Meeni. The list goes on and on, and you we want you to join us as well. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids. Stay healthy out there, please, WBC people. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. Follow us on Twitter at Fantasy Pros MLB and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.