Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Indeed, Hi Scott. You know it's been a long time.
Speaker 3: What's gonna be? Will tell you? What's the radio? The lights?
Speaker 2: All right? We did. We did find a couple of like ten second intros. Those are the best ones. Great. I'm gonna ask our pouse Stacks if you can make some fun stuff for us. Fine, I would, I like him. He doesn't have enough to do. I'm gonna make us some intros for the podcast.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Well, this is Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we talk about cereal, We eat it, we try it, and then we let you know whether you should buy it or not based on you know, our findings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, findings. You know.
Speaker 2: If you look behind me in the cereal sack that's down there on the floor, our friend Matt has really pumped us up with massive amounts of granola, big bags. This bag, there's so many.
Speaker 3: I don't complain. I like the granola, and there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of new ones and whatever. But we're not gonna do that today. Okay, we're gonna do another one that Matt sent us. Great, I've I've seen this in the store, but I was waiting for him to send it that way. I don't have to spend the six bucks. I don't know what Matt does, but I think he's rich.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, and we appreciate you, Matt, thank you for spending your wealth on us as we're sugar babies.
Speaker 1: And well it literally with cereal, right and if for some reason the advantage of your exorbitant well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you like we're gonna wind up living in the streets in a cardboard box because of all the cereal you send us.
Speaker 3: Either way, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could do. We can make him a really nice cardboard box with all the cereal boxes he sends us.
Speaker 3: So true. No, you'd never give up your children.
Speaker 2: No, I would. Actually, you know, Gandhi said she's gonna make us something cool with a hundred cereal boxes. I don't know what she could possibly do with it, but she's like, give me a hundred of your favorite It's hard though, you can't you know, you can't choose favorites with your kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: Plus most of the other the good ones that are favored old schools or at the bottom of a box buried in the closet. Because when we moved from our other studio, I flatten them all and I put him in a box and they're all back there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, all right, what cereals do we have today?
Speaker 2: I'll give you a hint, Andrew, I'm hoping it's great.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the Tiger Tony frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just gonna try regular old frosted flakes today because we've never tried that. Which one?
Speaker 1: So you ask me, yeah, what it is? I say, it's Tony the Tiger frosted flake.
Speaker 2: But what kind of frosted flakes?
Speaker 3: How am I supposed to know?
Speaker 1: If your clue is just that it's frosted flakes, well, it gave me no other indication. If you were like, oh, it's it's the fall. Looks like there's a apple e taste to this one and there great, I'd go, oh, apple cinnamon frosted flakes, but instead you go, what is the cereal there?
Speaker 3: Great? So I say it's frosted flakes and you get mad.
Speaker 2: Look, I just assume that you follow cereal people.
Speaker 3: Now you go back to this.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because there's only one frosted flakes we haven't done, and it's very highly anticipated and it's here, and I just thought that you knew about it. I'm sorry. I apologize. I forgot that I'm the cereal guy and you're just along for the ride.
Speaker 3: There is no way that I could be along for your ride.
Speaker 2: Why I found out of it? It's on Instagram, but there's only one frost.
Speaker 3: Asked me to guess what the cereal was, right?
Speaker 1: I did, and then you try to nail backtrack and make it seem something crazy.
Speaker 2: But what kind of frosted flakes? Hell?
Speaker 3: Am I going to know that? Give me a hint on what what it is?
Speaker 2: I just said, because you you should follow cereal people.
Speaker 1: No, give me context clues. What are we talking about? Are there berries in it?
Speaker 2: No? Berries?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is it? Is it summery?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Is it wintery?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is it is it? Is it apple? Cinnamon?
Speaker 2: Apple cinnamon, frosted blueberry, strawberry? Nope?
Speaker 3: Work with me on something.
Speaker 1: This is what you should have done and then it would have connected, but instead you gave me nothing.
Speaker 2: Cookies and cream, Yes, milkshake.
Speaker 3: We just randomly think of a cookies and green milkshake.
Speaker 2: No. I knew right away.
Speaker 1: You knew because you saw it on Instagram. You asked me to guess the cereal. I guess the cereal. Right, you did tell me anything about the flavor, is what I'm trying to tell you, Okay. All I'm trying to say is that you should have known that this was coming. So we're gonna go Kellogg's crossed flakes and of corn cookies and cream milkshake.
Speaker 2: I will not react Tony. Tony's excited about this one. Look at him with the finger in the air, but he just doesn't care. The only I only saw the family size when it targets right in by. It was like eight dollars for that box.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you know that Kellogg's was purchased by the Ferrero Cookie candy company, right, the people that make nutella. Oh I love. Yeah, they make all kinds of stuff, and they bought the cereal division of Kellogg's.
Speaker 3: This just looks like pepper, like black pepper on a frosted flake.
Speaker 2: You don't even care. Man, that's a big deal. I bet you're getting to tell a pillow cereal now from Kellogg's.
Speaker 3: I will be very happy about that. I would eat that up.
Speaker 1: That'll taste like the Manischevit cereal because they always the hazelnut filling. They do they do all right, nothing, no acknowledgment of that. I knew that one, and all of a sudden it's Scotty's quiet. But meanwhile, I have a hint of a cereal coming out. They're great frosted flakes.
Speaker 3: No, no, not even close. It's frosted flakes, cookies and cream.
Speaker 2: You done. You don't know anything, all right, So today we're going to be using a lactad two percent calcium enriched milk. I usually buy this for the Cooper. You know, she needs it for her bones. She's still growing, No, for sure. Yeah, yeah, I touch this poon. I hope you don't mind. I don't. Okay, it smells nice, it's I mean, it smells a frosted flake. What happened? No, no, don't get milk on my folder.
Speaker 1: Well, then don't put your folder where the only space I have in this Gosh darn, this is my desk. Stop stop throwing things. Well, it's space organized. That is not organized for me, it is. Stop these are organized.
Speaker 2: Stop I know what to order things around. Okay, Now I'm gonna forget to do something today. Okay, good, hmmm, sweet, I taste a little bit of the chocolate, a little bit taste nothing like a frost and milkshake, No cookies and cream milkshakes.
Speaker 3: But it is delicious.
Speaker 2: It tastes like frosted flakes with a little bit of chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give it four bowls. That's pretty good. No one I would really love from them. But if you're listening, cawogs, can you please make a coffee frosted flake?
Speaker 2: Ew? I would love that. We've had some coffee flavored Cereals and I'm never a fan. Like make it a latte frosted flake? M perfect? Why do I think that we've had something like that?
Speaker 3: Oh, we've been Dunkin.
Speaker 2: We could check Cereal KILLERSPC dot com and type in latte.
Speaker 3: It was Dunkin Cereal, which was my favorite cereal. I love that one.
Speaker 2: But I feel like there was a flake Cereal also which was latte. Can we c check Cereal COASPC dot com? Of course, Scott, I also give it four balls. By the way, it's a pretty good cereal. I would eat it at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just delicious.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna go to Cereal the Cereal tab here, all right, I'm gonna type in latte, which is l a t te. We've had friends vanilla bean latte that was a flake.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: We've had Mocha late which is I don't know you even know what that is. Best behavior. I don't remember that. That was not that long ago. We've had special k iced vanilla lat and there's your Duncan.
Speaker 3: The duncan one was my favorite.
Speaker 2: I had looked this up. Oh, best behavior. That stuff's gross.
Speaker 3: I thought I liked that one.
Speaker 2: I don't think you did. That's one of that had the Oh I did.
Speaker 3: I gave it four bowls.
Speaker 2: That's when they had the oil stain on the box. I didn't like it anyway. Shall we move on? Andrew?
Speaker 3: Of course I'd love to actually good.
Speaker 2: So this is a cereal from Kroger. Kroger is a supermarket chain over most of the country, just not over here. So I traveled to get this. This was from my last South Carolina trip. Mm hmm it's apple crunch and this apple is a Bandido. So that is a uh monsana Bandido apple krune. No, it's crunch krunge sweetened multi grain cereal. This is gonna be your apple Jacks. I do I like the mascot. He looks a little dopey. They had to cross his eyes just so they could be like, oh right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the one from Apple Jackson. I don't know what they're doing with that mascot. I find it to be very bizarre and weird.
Speaker 2: My favorite apple Jack's mascot was just the kids. There was two kids that were like they were like almost like colored with crayon. And in the eighties, of course, cinnamon crunchy Apple Jacks Ato Apple Jay's for Jacks.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the best. That was the best when it was like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the biggest. This smells like fresh apples, it does, right, Yeah. And also maybe a little reminiscence of Quaker instant oatmeal apple cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do love that oatmeal.
Speaker 2: It is pretty good.
Speaker 3: As dehydrated apples in that they definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then when you add hot water to it, they re hydrate and they're juicy, delicious apples. Grape did you just say grape?
Speaker 3: Grape?
Speaker 2: Have they ever had grape cereal?
Speaker 3: No grape nuts.
Speaker 2: There's no grape or nuts in there. No, So these look just like your apple Jacks, except there are there are more peach colored rings in this than there are. Greeny does have the red speckles, just like apple Jack red forty dye. They're pulling that out soon, aren't they. Yep, let's just eat it as much as we can now. Yep, our insides are red, Yeah, and dying. Couple of jacks. No more cinnamon.
Speaker 3: I think, when did you get this box?
Speaker 2: Not that long ago. It tastes a little stale, it does, but it's good until January of twenty sixth and I just opened it. Okay, it's not ill apple Jacks. I mean it's not quite crunchy, but yeah, no matter mind. We have the reminds me of the apple Jacks that I would have at Sleepway Camp because they'd just be sitting out in the heat on the table for days open and that's pretty much all it's crawling in. Yeah. No, but we did have bug juice, though you don't know what that is. Only sleep Away Camp kids know what bug juice is. Yeah, sleep Away kids. Yeah, that's our private little group for the six people listening right now, they're going there's a lot more than six people that are listening right now that have had bug juice in their life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brand bug juice everything what is bug juice.
Speaker 2: It's just like cool aid, different flavors and like an old school eighties pitcher on the table.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a drink. It really is just like fruit punch or something.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's a lot of build up. Okay, I give that three bowls in a spoon, and I give it four because I like it. I like apple Jacks. Not my favorite cereal, but for a store brand, it's not bad. That is Kroger Apple Crunch, Yeah, from Kroger. Yeah, that's little maze on the back. Do you know what I found out? You're not supposed to beat that's right up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look oh it's on the frost to flake see day mais maise. Yeah, you know what I found out? You're not supposed to give apple corse to dogs. Had no idea. That's probably why my dog has cancer and is gonna die because I've been giving an apple course his whole life.
Speaker 1: So you just eat the apple and then throw it to him and he eats it. I will cut the apple or I will eat the apple, and I just he begs for it, so I give him the core. But apparently there's stuff in the seeds that is not good for them. I guess if it was poisonous, he'd be dead already, because that's my thought. He's had so many apple cores in his life. Yeah, and I didn't mean that he has cancer. I'm just assuming old dogs just have cant they have lumps and cancer, so I'm assuming that he's, you know, riddled with cancer. He has all those nodules all over him. Some move and some don't, Some are gelotness and some are just there.
Speaker 3: Yep, but he's happy on this episode. I really am along for the ride.
Speaker 2: He also does the cough thing, but no blood yet, so we're good. All right, Hey, you know what, We're gonna take a break and collect our thoughts and we will be back right after Wilford tells us this. It's the right thing to do, and we're back. Everybody welcome. This is a serial Killers. It's a beautiful podcast about cereal.
Speaker 3: Yeah with a c love it.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna do one of the pouches now that Matt sent us. Okay, the granola pouchat we've had a bunch of granolas from this particular brand. It's our friend Elizabeth. She's back with some cranberry pecan purely Elizabeth or she's very pure. M hm eh, my nose touched the screen. Cranberry pecan recipe number two.
Speaker 3: Number two, number two.
Speaker 2: It is number two, not that number two, Andrew is.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I'm saying that's the number two on it. Yes, right, interesting?
Speaker 2: Can you read any of it? So it's not quiet?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sorry, I know nothing about podcasting or radio. Purely Elizabeth made with organic oats. Recipe number two Cranberry pecan ancient grain granola salty sweet crunchy clusters made with organic oats, Chia and coconut sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh, chia, I stuck at my teeth.
Speaker 3: Chi chia very good?
Speaker 1: Fine, Okay, I'm gonna ask a really dumb question.
Speaker 2: Which one isn't going.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna ask my question now.
Speaker 1: Actually there are no dumb questions. No, no, this one is chia pets. It's just chia seeds, right, No.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't think those are chia seeds.
Speaker 3: Then is it called the chia pet?
Speaker 2: You know? You might be right. There are those little seeds that you spread on the ceramic thing.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. They're little black seeds.
Speaker 2: Are they actually chia seeds? Maybe do they grow it? Do they sprout? I? Yes, so if I plant this in the ground, it sprout.
Speaker 3: But I want to know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you could probably google it.
Speaker 3: Really, can you ask the SI?
Speaker 2: She doesn't hey siri?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: She didn't say anything. Oh, hey siri? God, Okay, okay, what hey siri?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Or the seeds spread on a chia pet chia seeds.
Speaker 3: If you like a bit of texture, sprinkle them on top hole if you want to avoid the mixing ground seeds. I'm just gonna google it.
Speaker 2: You're dumb. Oh, don't say she's you know, she heard me say that the other day. She's like, I'm not going to answer that. Yeah, well I told her to go herself. What Yeah, I was so angry angry?
Speaker 3: Were you your computer?
Speaker 2: She didn't give me what I wanted to hear. All right, So this is just a big old clumpson granola. Looks like there are some cranberries in there. I am not a fan of pecans. That's the one nut in the nut mix that I do not eat. But what the chia seeds?
Speaker 3: The seeds used to grow chia pets are the same chia seeds that are sold for consumption and whoever, the chia seeds used on chia pets are not a proof for eating. Oh so, I don't know. Maybe they stunt their growth or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I apologize. I don't like it. I I don't like this at all. He does a vomit taste to it at the end, right right, Yeah, this is disgusting. What it's not an exaggeration? Oh what is going on on? It's such a bad taste.
Speaker 3: It tastes like the after effects of like an airplane food.
Speaker 2: No, there's something wrong with it, I think.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's something very wrong with it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. It tastes like some sort of chemical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that tastes just like straight up like burnt, Elizabeth, like extremely burnt.
Speaker 2: The chocolate chip cookie one is great. I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 1: There's too much. It's salty, it's burnt. The coconut does not come through at all.
Speaker 2: That's a I couldn't even eath that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 2: That's zero for me.
Speaker 3: It's actively bad.
Speaker 2: Zero. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had to both spit it out. I'm so sorry, Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Well, I do like her. She looks cute. Too. You know, she's sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I've had cereal from purely Elizabeth that is delicious. This whatever the new recipe is, it's not working.
Speaker 2: It's not a new recipe. It's old because it's only number two.
Speaker 3: No, maybe they switch recipe one to recipe two.
Speaker 2: Number one was her original.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe go back to the original. This one.
Speaker 1: It's salty and it literally just tastes like the burnt ends of like a pan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just scriped a blacks car off the pan.
Speaker 3: That's it. It just tastes very charred.
Speaker 2: I did just get a cheese seed in my tooth. Yeah, no, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Left with like a bunch of seeds in my teeth.
Speaker 2: I need to drink some of the frosted flake milk.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: That was bad.
Speaker 3: That was actively bad, horrific.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matt, what are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And the video is great because you see the two of us, right, you probably see my butt crack everything. I mean, were you your butt wasn't to the camera, Well it was that I was leaning over.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I'll do SlowMo.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, wow, I wish we didn't end on that because it's a good episode up until then, it was well, hey, look, so don't try that one. You know, that's why we get it zero bawls and zero spoons. You could try it if you want. I mean, some people may just like, no, they don't trust us. I think that. I think that over the years we've built trust six years. I think that if we say don eat that, but you know, they're you know, like a kid, You'll be like, don't do that, don't touch that, don't eat that, and they'll touch finger right in the socket. Yeah what Yeah, that's that's just the way it is. Because people are curious by nature.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, no, for sure, for sure, there's so curious they stick their fingers in sockets.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to serial Killers. One day you will please follow us on Instagram at serial Killers PC. You can see all these amazing cereals in picture form and our big smiling faces right behind them. Yeah, and Andrews, you know what, can you make a goofy face for this one?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: I will, just for you, So check it out on Instagram at serial Killers PC. Andrew made a goofy face and we are going to post this on YouTube so you can watch the video. Yeah, and thank you for listening and we will see you next Monday with an all new Serial Killers Friends. Bye everybody by say crunch, crunch, the lighting on the video
Speaker 3: Okay, so sorry, Spielberg.