Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five, Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when used the promo code leading Off at Bet three sixty five. It is me Joey p. That's the Welsh. It's a fun Friday. Major League Baseball is back after a little hiatus. We had a hiatus two kind of sorta. If you missed it, go back onto the channel and check out our all star teams for Fantasy Special and more importantly, if you're playing dynasty or any sort of keeper league situation. Welsh did an entire breakdown on the MLB Draft and some futures game stuff too. You can't miss that. It's super important because these players are coming up quicker and quicker and making more and more of an impact. And Welsh, speaking of making impact on people's lives, we're gonna do that today because we promised if you went and left a review at Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review, that we would give away our Orlando Cabrera jury from the Montre Expos, and we did. Andy Pachman, I believe it's Peckman. Congratulations, you're the big winner, Andy said, love the song, listen to the show daily. Well, Andy, congratulations, because you, my friend, have a piece of history here with this Orlando Cabrera jersey. Just hit us up mail bag at Fantasypros dot com again. Email us at mailbag at Fantasypros dot com with your subscription to Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel and your mailing address and we'll get this sent out to you asap. Welsh. Does that feel good to do good things?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: I love doing great things. I hope he wears the jersey during the show as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tweet us the picture at joeps APAs seventeen that is at the Welsh if you have Twitter, tweet us a picture in the Orlando Cabrera jersey that I hope it fits. I mean, I don't know what size it is. Orlando Cabrera wasn't the biggest guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't actually have to wear it.
Speaker 1: Also, at gres, Andy could be a lumberjack for all I know. Andy Peckman could be like, you know, just just completely spoiled.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't fit.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't fit in a Orlando Cabrera like actual like one of his own jerseys.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would.
Speaker 2: I think one of us.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not me either. It would be fat guy in a little coat. That's where they were bad.
Speaker 2: We would got a little coat.
Speaker 1: It's funny every time. Every time it's funny, and I know it's coming and I'm watching it and I'm still laughing out.
Speaker 3: You want to take real quick this. I'm actually really sad about. I'm sad to report this. Oh no, I just really quickly. I rewatched Idiocracy last night. A lot of reasons to rewatch Idiocracy, and.
Speaker 1: Because they sure you were watching that you had the wrong channel on.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you again and all that that's not here's the sad news.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hold up.
Speaker 1: I forgot, like there are we just watched it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and they did for me. I know it was a start.
Speaker 3: Because it's your first Like, there are a couple of lines. There are lines in it that I was like. I made my wife watch it, and I was like, I look it over to her and she hasn't other lines, but I'm like, oh, look it's the line you know, welcome to Costco. I love you like you're great lines. But the story is at it just kind of drag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's so short.
Speaker 1: I still did idiocras.
Speaker 2: It just didn't hold up. I'm very sad about it. But the moment Tommy Boy holds up, it does.
Speaker 1: Tommy Boy holds up. Chris Farley is a legend. And the scene with you know, Tommy wan Wingy still fantastic, like, oh, I know it's coming, and he just destroys that dinner roll and it's my favorite thing and I love it. I can't get enough of it. All right, let's get to the headlines. Clayton Kershaw with that shoulder is going to make another minor league rehabit start on Friday. So, in the words of Missus doubtfire, help is on the way, Deer. Is that possible? Like, could we be getting Clayton Kershaw if he makes another rehab start today? Right? One, two, three, four, five? We're looking at maybe what next Thursday? Could he rejoin the rotation? That doesn't seem or by the weekend at least it seems like Clayton Kershaw help is on the way.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It feels like we're close.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna do like, don't do the line, you should do the impression.
Speaker 1: Oh, darny Brown does it really well, which is actually upset. Oh, we think nobody's impressions are good, but that actually is the only good.
Speaker 2: Pit By the way, he's the worst about that.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 3: I did a Mike Tyson and he's like, oh, you're Donald Duck and I'm like, no, this was a good impression.
Speaker 2: You are right. He's a hater of impression.
Speaker 1: He he hates, so I think his ears are broken.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Clayton Kershaw is closely lined up. The Dodgers desperately need him. I'm pretty cautious about it though, because I think obviously, like you can pick him up, and I think he's worth picking up to hold to see what happens. I think they're going to be really cautious about these first couple starts. I'm not sure you're going to see him really going deep, probably right at five if it's an efficient game. But there is a lot of Dodger support. I just don't know if the stuff is still going to play. I mean, he's still a great picture, but like we're seeing what's happening with Verlander right now, Like Verlander, it's not looking as great as it has been. Mac Scherzer's stuff more powerful than Kershaw. I'm into it to see what happens, especially for him to jump back in the rotation. If he's out there, this is the time to go and pick him up. But I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic with it because it could end up being not a great thing. It could end up being like, oh, we have to spot start Clayton Kershaw on our fantasy lineups, you know, for home outings or just really good you know, bad teams, like going against the Rockies or something like that.
Speaker 2: So we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 3: But the Dodgers desperately need him, and I would pay attention to how this out the next couple outings Minor league and major league because it could really determine how aggressive the Dodgers are. They have been very, very tightly tied to the White Sox with Garrett Crochet and Luis Robert, and how Kershaw is might determine what they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I think the Kershaw is somebody that, Yeah, I'd be very careful with. Maybe he's a five inning picture at this stage of his career. Maybe I say no. I mean we're already at the end of July. We're trying to get is you know, ten plus darts out of him somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: What I mean, you know, like he's gonna go further or.
Speaker 1: He's gonna go further. I think this is his last, you know, last hurrah. Maybe the first couple of starts will be bathed a little bit, but I do think by the time we turn the page to August, you know that he will be in whatever is left in that tank, you're gonna see it empty. I think this is the last hurrah for Clayton Curse. I think he's somebody that I think can be a fantasy contributor. I think in the second half because he played just for the Dodgers. Man, we just seen it a million times.
Speaker 3: By You're not wrong about what you said that, like this is the last hurrah. He almost retired this offseason and they're gonna build him up. The only difference is, like my pushback would be, I don't think it happens by August, because August is in eleven days. Like it's gonna take time. I think it could be by September. He's really being able to push. If he's efficient, he could push into those longer innings. But you're right, like they're gonna want everything they can possibly get out of him. He's missed the whole season, so there shouldn't be really any limited The limit will be his own stuff. But I just think it might take a little bit longer for you guys in head to head. I think that plays well. I think he's a better head to head option right now than he is Rodo, So I'll say that that is fair.
Speaker 1: Garrett Cole is gonna start today. Also more on Garrett Cole a little bit later on. So the Yankees have set up their rotation that means Louis heel because that's kind of the big part of this about like, okay, well, who's coming out When Cole Cortes, Stroman wrote, don so no surprise here. He'll getting pushed here a little bit of a break. Now we've seen sometimes as a negative effect they arguing to be playing the Mets. Last time he'll face the Mets. By the way, that was not a good situation for Louise Heal. He got blown up in that. Would you be reticent to start him in that start coming off that long window of break, because we've seen a lot of guys struggle with that much time off, and last time against the Mess was so bad. This is a big question here because some leagues you got to set right now and they have that overlap week in terms of like, oh, you're not just setting for this week, you're setting for the entire week. So I wanted to patch that out with here because I would say, you're probably going to do in a rock in a hard place where you have to start him. But if you had a lot of options in a more shadow league, maybe you don't.
Speaker 3: I just don't think you have enough options in other spots to not I would. So I did that redraft. Remember I've told you Bogman and I we do that league where it's like, you know, first half roto it ended, and we redid the head to head draft. On Wednesday night, I had the sixth pick drafting through my team. In the twelfth round, I got Louise Heel. That's how scared everybody was of Louise Heel. They let him go into the twelfth. It is a guy that was a top fifteen, top ten pitcher in the first half everybody scared about those three bad starts and what could happen, you know, getting maxed out at the end. So I jumped on it. Yes, I think there's concern, but I'm gonna go, you know, feet in headfirst. I'm going headfirst into the second half with Louis Heel because it was a good start. On the back half, there was a bit of a rest, there was a bit of a mind reset, and I still think the stuff is you know, it's elite fantasy stuff with some actual command issues. But I think the Yankees are going to put all that garbage on that last whatever it was, two weeks behind them, and they're gonna come out really strong out the gates. I think Garret Cole is going to come out strong today and I think Luis Heel will as well. But you know, that's a Pollyanna mind.
Speaker 2: I guess I have a bit of Yankees.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason. Kyle Tucker, by the way, has only resumed light on field baseball activities that do not include hitting. Now, Kyle Tucker's been dealing with a bone bruise. Well, this is not like a tendon issue, This is not acl MCL. It's a bone bruise. I don't ever remember a baseball player taking this long to recover from something like this, And I know it's on the shin, so I get that's very sensitive area.
Speaker 3: Show like tough guys anti tough guys thing you're.
Speaker 1: Doing, it's not you know. I put Kyle Tucker on my Fantasy All Stars and now I thought we'd be a point where we're, okay, we're back here this weekend. He's back, but a bone bruise, Like you're right in the thick of things here a bone bruise. Are we still doing this, Kyle Tucker? We're talking about practice. Look, I'm not calling Kyle Tucker out because comes for Kyle Tucker is a wonderful guy. But a bone bruise. How do you ever remember somebody missing this much time for that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't pay it. I don't know if I pay attend.
Speaker 1: It's been a month Welsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think the only like injuries that ever stand out to me are like Tommy John and like, you know, testicular fractures and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like the Mariners problem. Yeah, I don't remember they've had more testicular fractures than playoff wins. I saw that the greatest dad ever.
Speaker 3: We got our boy Joe Rico in here, who I kind of agree, like there's probably something a little bit further beyond where he said probably he says, definitely a hairline fracture.
Speaker 2: There might be something along those lines.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. We'll call it a fracture. Like that's what I was saying too. Is it a hairline fracture? Is it something like? But you keep calling it a bone ber.
Speaker 2: They lie about that, They lie about those things.
Speaker 3: I do think it's weird that it seemed very like clerical, like we're gonna just he's gonna just miss a little bit of time. He'll be back after the break. He seems like he's on a slower timeline than Fernando Tatis Junior, who yesterday we got word that he had to clean MRI and he had been already doing some swinging and some running on the backfield. And yeah, I mean he's Fatiste might come back before Tucker, and that is a surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Apparently with that Tatisse injury showed the progress in healing that the Padres had hoped for. End quote, and that was with a broken femur, correct, right? Is that where we were like it?
Speaker 2: You'd be after the season if it was a broken.
Speaker 1: Not broken feamer.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a femur. What something with the femur? I don't know. It was a hairline fracture of the free femur? I thought, was it.
Speaker 2: Frau? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you get a dollar every time you stay testicular on the show today?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: I have two dollars, Joe, I'm rich.
Speaker 1: I have a dollar or two.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Jack Flaherty. He starts today the opener, so this is the audition against the Blue Jays here for the rest of the league. That's a good way to say a question. Jack Flaherty's last start for the Tigers, yes or no?
Speaker 3: No, this is not the last start for him, But will he be a Tiger at the end of the year. No, I mean, you think it's going to be this one and then he's immediately traded because he would do.
Speaker 1: I think it's this one and you put him in bubble wrap, and I think somebody's gonna come knock in next week. Okay, I think you know what I know some teams don't wait for the break, and Flaherty could be that guy that's you know, he doesn't have the track record like you're waiting for Zach Gallon or you're waiting for this one. If you're smart, you pounce on a guy like Flaherty who came out of nowhere this year. You can get him cheaper, you can get him before everybody else. And there's there's a marketplace where people are still like, is this really for real? When it comes to Jack Flarerty, that to me is what's hoping that.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: I've been preaching this for three weeks. Guys have got to get more aggressive. These teams have to get more aggressive. But the I think it was the Mariners or Banners or Padres. There was a report out that's saying like they want to be involved in a trade they envision I think it was the Mariners. They envision that the only trade they're going to be involved is is going to be a dynamic, impactful trade. But they said that's not available there in the market. Everyone's holding tight. No one wants to do anything, but Flarity is one of the few pitchers. Flerty and Fetti and Garrett Crochet. Those are the probably the three that I think are the most accessible, and everybody's vying for a starting pitcher. Baltimore should be aggressively trying to go get Jack Flaherty right now. So to your point, if he goes out and dominates today, a team should go and make that call. I just think these teams are trying to hold it as tight as possible. Unless he goes out and throws out a freaking gym, I think.
Speaker 1: They bombs, then it's not his last start. But if he looks anything like Jack Flaherty of the first half, if.
Speaker 3: He strikes out ten and go seven, yeah, you know what, they probably are done and they're going to make that trade.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 1: Jiam Marco has a question about Kevin Gosman mister Assevedo. Yesterday's show, we did a whole breakdown on Gosmin, So I just want to point you there, go listen to that show from yesterday because I don't want to repeat ourselves for the audience joining us today, but we did it. Also, Lee has a request. Lee is an og here of the show. Lee wants me to say the word testicular and Christopher Russo voice that's something you support.
Speaker 2: Uh. My name is Chris Welson. I approve this message.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, So Welsh, would you tell me?
Speaker 5: Is the testicular problem with the with the way that the Blue Jays and the marin of the Gay together with the testicular fortitude of these two teams, it's unbelievable, It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Can we get like the hair? Like I need a russa, I need like the hair and I need the whole road?
Speaker 1: That's that's what yea? How many times were can fee the finger right here? Criff? I don't want to understand it.
Speaker 2: It is. Derek Brown would hate that, but I think it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Derek Brown hates it. I want to talk about this too. Kyle Harrison a picture that we had high expectations for coming into the year. Uh, he's gonna be back kicking around today. Curious about this start? What you have to say about it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Five runs, nine hits, five games, five walks, over eight and two thirds in the last two starts. So it's been shaky lately. Do you think Kyle Harrison is a fantasy asset or a fantasy albatross the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: I would lean Albatross. If I had to pick one k percentage took a four percent dip this year. His expected dray is almost five. It's almost a full run higher than where it's at. And you know, I love barrel percentage for hitters, and you see double digits and you're like, let's go. This guy's trending. Cayle Harrison is giving up a ten point three percent barrel percentage right now, which is atrocious. His fastball batting average three hundred against, change up, slurve, slider, all three hundred against. I said fastball was two fifty against. I'm sorry the others three six, three h two and three thirty three just giving up way too much contact. You got Robbie Ray that's coming up. Alex Cobb just did a rehab assignment. I think Kyle Harrison is going to get a boot from this, and even if he doesn't, he'll get a boot from my fantasy team this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got Robbie Ray coming back that That is definitely something where you know the spots might get a little tighter here. Yet Snell just came back to he's gonna have to pitch for his life.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of where you are, by the way Snell has been at what I was encouraged by that last start.
Speaker 1: I actually think the last start was very good.
Speaker 3: Might be a really good by time on Snell before he starts stacking a couple of good starts.
Speaker 1: Wonky Penguin trolling me in our slack chat, by the way, talking about how Blake Snell has two cy youngs and Nolan Ryan has none. And I think what today was some kind of anniversary of his seventh no hitter or something like that when he was forty four years old, just like just to make me mad. I love No One Ryan. I saw No One Ryan pitches second to last game, and it was in Camon Yards, first time I'd ever been to Cammo Yards, and I kid you not, it was it was an electric atmosphere. Everybody still had real cameras, so every pitch he threw, the entire ballpark was lighting up with flashbulbs. That's one thing you don't get anymore that it's hard to describe to anybody what that's like. And I mean every pitch and I was sitting in the upper field level, but Welsh the sound of the pop of them every time he threw a pitch was unbelievable, Like you like, this guy's throwing ninety eight ninety like he's throwing gas before people were throwing gases commonly as they do now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that sound. This though, reminds me. This is like, yeah, you are like the you are calling cowhard right now. To when he interviewed Derek Jeter and I'm Derek Jeter. You remember where he was like, so, Derek, you were in the Nolan Ryan era and Jeter was like whoa, whoa, Well he stopped the interview. This happened like a week ago that he stopped the interview, and he's like, I didn't play with Nolan Ryan. There's like a three or four year gap. Like for me to hear that you were at a game that Nolan Ryan was pitching kind of just like blows my mind.
Speaker 1: But it was the flashbulbs. It were so like that was such a cool, special moment. So this is not a special moment. I hate this, Welsh. The Dodgers and Cubs are opening the twenty twenty five Lbcson in Tokyo. Oh yeah, I don't like the International Openers, Welsh. I don't mind exhibition games. I don't want the games to count. It's annoying from a fantasy perspective, from a draft respec. Every year we have to deal with this, well, do we count the staws? Do we not counties?
Speaker 2: Is there a week before the freaking season starts?
Speaker 1: I yeah, Oh I hate it so much. You know, when I was a kid, baseball started and we just all started the same teams and did it in America. Hey, that's where it started. There was here right here on our soil because it was at our game, and it was at our passpoort is our is our pastime, and we liked it. That's how it was.
Speaker 2: Well ripping your shirt off for America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I do because from a fancy perspective, it's.
Speaker 3: Just I know, it's super No, there's a big battle here between like this very like like oh this is great because we're like pushing the game in different data, But then there is like the selfishness of like can we not have baseball games that count go a week before the season then there's a week break between it. Like I'm not I hate it beyond hate. I shut up about it. I think it is ridicutly stupid. I'm fine if they want to do like a series. Go send like four teams out the first week of the baseball season and let them do a whole thing there.
Speaker 2: Two weeks they go and play. That's fine by me. Yeah, don't do it a week before.
Speaker 1: Look, and I get it, like it's cool. Wants to be international, and I don't mind the end seasons. Like the end season stuff was cool. The game that London was super fun. Like they should go to Italy and play a game, like they should play among the grapes in Italy. They should do it like right in Tuscany somewhere and instead of the cornfield, it's all just a winery and you know, you get the second base and you have a little espresso or something waiting for you. Like that's all great. It's just before the season, a week earlier than the season starts. It drives me crazy. And remember how bad it was this year. All the pitchers got lit the hell up. It was awful. It was awful baseball. The guys were not ready. It was crushing eras people were overreactingly go oh my god, momta's the worst picture ever.
Speaker 3: Looks if you took Michael King's start from uh.
Speaker 1: Take Yamamoto and Michael start out of that. Look how good they were the rest of the season. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm they should play went in a colisseum though, like in Rome.
Speaker 2: They should go to Rome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, how cool would that be?
Speaker 2: I don't know how big that might be.
Speaker 1: A changing pictures, like if you want a picture to.
Speaker 3: Come out, Yeah, yeah, they'll bring a lion out there, just be like run judge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. We got two prospects to talk about here with the Welsh, so eight is apparently gonna call up Jacob Wilson. So he tore up double A four fifty five, four to seventy three seven oh five slash nothing left to prove in twenty two games there, then got promoted and made a triple A not too shabby again pcl but whatever three ninety eight, four forty four, six thirty nine In eighty three at bats here he four homers, eight doubles, twelve RBIs, twelve run scored. So combined a four thirty eight four seventy five six eighty seven slash, seven bumps, twenty five doubles, thirty four RII in just forty six games. So Jacob Wilson and the A's Welsh talk to.
Speaker 3: Me, me, me, me, me me, this is me, gonna make this about me for a minute, May eighteenth, on Fantasy Pros. You can go back and look as I tweeted it, because I'm gonna take these victory laps when I can, I wrote on Fantasy Pros May eighteenth, Jacob Wilson stash because the A's last summer brought up Zach Geloff and Tyler Soderstrom be on the lookout for Jacob Wilson to get to the majors this year, and he's getting called up. Also, this is a point hearkening back to the very beginning of the show where you're like, yo, pay attention to these draft.
Speaker 2: Guys because you don't know how quick it can happen.
Speaker 3: Jacob Wilson was drafted last year, so he is already up in the majors. And Jacob Wilson had a quon Arise like feel to him. Massive, massive contact suffered from counting stats, didn't really steal a lot of bases. Home runs weren't quite there. But he doesn't strike out like he just doesn't strike out. This year though he started to lift the ball a little bit. He's getting the ball in the air. He can put up some okay you know, exit velocity numbers.
Speaker 2: But nothing great. But he had seven homers. That's huge.
Speaker 3: He really you didn't see that type of stuff even in college, outside of just little moments where he would really make great contact. But this guy that was hitting over four hundred. He's a big bodied guy. He's like six foot four, you know, little skinnier, but like this is just a big body guy who gets the bat in the path, makes tons of contact. He's a must pick up in points league.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call him.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna call him a must pick up in any other format, but I think I would because I think he can hit. He is the prime person to go and hit top of this lineup. Within a week of being with the A's, I think he's hitting at the top of the lineup, lots of contact if the power keeps playing perfect. I don't think he steals a lot of bases, but batting average runs, I think that is going.
Speaker 1: To be a good source the PCL inflation. That's the only thing I have absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, the PC well, that's always a concern.
Speaker 1: The piece. Although he's not a big power guy. Quote unquote necessarily in your opinion, So maybe it's less of them.
Speaker 3: The PCL is so good the power, but he was hit homers in Double A as well. So that's why, like, if you pick up Jacob Wilson, you shouldn't be like, well, he shit seven, he probably hit like seven.
Speaker 2: More for me the way.
Speaker 3: No, you really probably shouldn't count on that. You should be looking for a lot of bad average, a lot of hits. He's a step or two up from Nolan Shanwell from last season.
Speaker 2: But you know he makes so.
Speaker 3: Much contact, doesn't strike out, and that he's kind of been rolling a little bit. If he is hitting in front of guys like Brent Rooker, that might not be a horrible thing. So I'm just very into Jacob Wilson. We'll see what it does totally for fantasy. So don't go make some crazy move or anything like that.
Speaker 1: All right, one more guy too. The White Sox are recalling infield prospect Brooks Baldwin from Triple A. Baldman excuse me, Baldwin? Well, oh, I'm whoa reggae roll win coming up? I thought, for a second I was a real boy like Jackson. Holiday for a second, when it's time, dude, change Brady Bunch reference for you youngins. Anyway, Baldwin also started at double A, made the jump to triple A. Now make it to the big leagues. Eighty two games, three, twenty four, three, ninety one four, sixty eight bombs, seventeen steals. What's your thoughts on Brooks Baldwin? So between Wilson Baldwin, how aggressive would you be on either is won a consolation prize or both of these guys? Like, hey, go get both of these if you can.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, Brooks Baldon had a really solid, like minor league season so far.
Speaker 2: He is just a watch.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be a guy that gonna go out there gonna watch see how it goes.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking to pick him up right now.
Speaker 1: All right, very well, So there you go a little prospect action here. Some injuries. Josh Young is progressing to hitting on the field. He was delayed because of that wrist injury, so more on that. Also, Evan Carter of the Rangers is running the bases again. Yay, love that good time. Tristan Cassis remember him? Apparently before the end of July could be back with the rib injury and back in Boston before we know it, right, Yeah, she has missed a lot of time. Look, Cossus was somebody that I know a lot lot of people in the fantasy baseball community were very excited as well as I Is this your great ideal window to buy low because he almost feels like he's a forgotten man in some ways. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean if there is a buye like I bought him in like a dynasty trade earlier this year, from a redraft perspective, if he's sitting out there, I would try to go pick him up. This is encouraging putting him back into that lineup where Jared Duran has been done. I mean that lineup has hit, It has hit really well. There's going to be immense RBI opportunities, and especially if he's not too rusty, and we.
Speaker 1: Will in the wild card right now, I know they're there, so like Boston's in the thick of it.
Speaker 3: So I think he's said probably ten days away, like maybe the end of next week we can get him back. Maybe that's a trajectory and that's almost the entire second half. So yeah, I'm a bye on Cassus right now.
Speaker 1: I love when we get the Orioles, Yankees, and Red Sox all in the playoffs. That'd be amazing. That's that's super fun, Like think about that. That's your fun also fun? Could I sing he's going to make one more rehab start with triple A Syracuse code, I senga. Now, the Mets are not going to be in the market to add more pieces, but they are getting a pitcher back. So do I dare ask this question? Are the Mets a playoff team?
Speaker 3: This is funny because I did see I did the CBS Sports HQ earlier in the week. One of the guys I was I had to give them like, who are my teams to make the playoffs? And I didn't put the Mets in, and he was like, oh man, I'm just so sorry. We're starting a relationship off like this that you have the Yankees in and the Mets out. And I'm like, I'm so sorry, man, But I could they be?
Speaker 2: Yes? Will they be?
Speaker 3: I think it's really hard price If you're not going to be buyers, they're going to attempt to limp in. But the problem is is they've got a massive issue.
Speaker 2: Of Peter Alonzo.
Speaker 3: Peter Alonzo is one of the most prominent players that could be traded.
Speaker 2: This team seems to.
Speaker 3: Want to move off of it. They're going to have to make a decision.
Speaker 2: If they just.
Speaker 3: Win these games for the next ten days, I think it's going to be impossible. And getting Kodei Seena back is a player that they can go and you know, they can kind of use that as like.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is an addition, this is a trade.
Speaker 3: But I think if they go fifty to fifty split, I think Alonso is gone and I think that tells us the story. So all of that to say, I don't believe they.
Speaker 1: Will be Remember when they I'm gonna do a full circle here, Chris Farley. Remember when CODEI Sango is going to be back May first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember that.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. I was really glad that we drafted any of them.
Speaker 1: We didn't. We told we, we did, We warned you, We warned everybody. We said, hey, don't believe what they're telling you. It's never a good thing. Whenever a guy's working in this fashion has an injury leg us going into the season, you might not get him the entire season. You have to bake that in to the ADP and it was not baked in enough, unfortunately, but luckily it's Friday. It's time to bake in some cash because it's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh sign up at Bet three six five bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading off gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa. Turns and conditions apply. Welsh. My boy won Sodo has some really good numbers against Zach Eflin his career, really good in thirty one at bats, two homers, ten RBI, hitting four to fifty two with a twelve to fifty six ops. So we're gonna go and attack this. We're gonna take the Yankees on the run line with Garret Cole against e Flyn today minus one and a half on the run line, plus one twenty five plus money on this, yes please, And then I want to put one Sodo props in this at least the over on the RBI you're getting plus one forty and if you're really feeling lucky, three to one on hitting a home run tonight. So Sodo and the Yankees. That's where I'm going today for my best bets. Also, Aaron Nola comes out of the gate starting for the Phillies against Martin Perez against the Pirates. Phillies on the run line two minus one and a half plus one, two twenty five. I think the Phillies had a little bit of a nice little break. I think they needed that mentally, a little bit. Come out of the gates strong here against Pittsburgh to give me the I think it's I think it's both of them. I'm live, I see me. I it's I'm I'm here.
Speaker 2: Okay, not here? And no, you're here. You're here now. I just see you a little jumbled.
Speaker 3: I just didn't know if someone was trying to make an appearance.
Speaker 1: Hey, yo, Well well we had all the other characters. We had Chris Brusso on earlier, we had Angry Joe, so why not Papa Joe, Why not all of them.
Speaker 2: I've got some bets for you guys to make some money today.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's like the faces of folio.
Speaker 2: This does kind of look like you when I do it like this. Look there's no hair here.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Talk go.
Speaker 1: Hello. My name is Joe Piezapia and I like baseball. There you go, it's exactly, It's stunning, how real that is. So give me the Phillies on the run line. The yek is on the run line, jan so Toa the driving a run today. Those are my best bets of the day. Welsh, what do you got for the people?
Speaker 2: All right? I have got and bets right.
Speaker 3: I'm actually joining that Philly one too run line plus plus money love the plus money one and a half for Philly coming out the gates. I'm also gonna be in on them on the home run side. So Philly is one of the trying to find the money lines in the full run lines coming off of the All Star break. I think it is a little bit tougher. I really want to see over the next couple of days. But Philly, this is a good matchup. Martin Perez also has an over five ERA, So give me Philly run line. I will go Baltimore money line. This is a tougher matchup Corbyn burns Evaldi with the Rangers, but Corbyn Burns. I don't think there's any holdback from the All Star Game pitching or anything like that. It was essentially a bullpen session for him. I think the Orioles are going to come out really strong out the gates, and that's why I'm just taking the money line. I don't want to mess with the run line here. It's minus one twenty two, so you know it's closing in on even ish money and it's not too much juice to pay. So minus one twenty two Baltimore and then something I've been doing for you guys over the last couple of weeks, this is my plus one point five run first five barlay.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So I'm taking three teams in the first five innings and I'm going plus one and a half runs, and I have to do three to get the juice decent because I am essentially saying this team will not be losing by more than one run through the first five innings. So today that parlay is actually going to pay one and a half on our money one fifty three. We are going the Saint Louis Cardinals with Sonny Gray. We're going with Frankie Montass versus Washington, and we're going with Detroit for Jack Flaherty. So we're backing montas Flaherty and Sonny Gray, Cardinals, Tigers, and Red's plus one and a half through the first five innings at plus one fifty three. We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Odds. I think I'm four and two on these so far, so we're gonna play one of these out the gates. Those are my best bets for the day.
Speaker 1: There you go, make sure you down the betting pros apps. Start betting smarter, not harder. And some new bells and whistles are dropping on VP two for the NFL season. Some amazing stuff, so sink your sports books for free and thank us later. All right, Welsh, let's go to the home run board. We haven't seen this bad boy in a while, so let's see where things are in the world of home runs. Let's see. Am I still on there?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 1: Look, you can't kill me. I'm like a cockroach. Twenty six? Thank you Aaron Judge, I mean Aaron Judge against Baltimore is I mean, that's just like a money fest. You just bet every prop and I did, and I also got a couple dingers for him. So I'm at twenty six, a little bit more comfortable, but still like barely on the board. L scale at the top of thirty four and Silent Dragon out of nowhere RKO thirty four. Look at this at number two, tied for one. I should say what am I saying so Welsh? Obviously I'm going one soda for my home run call today with his numbers against Efly and he's in that little danny inty bitty ballpark called Yankee Stadium. Welsh, where are you going today?
Speaker 2: Trey Turner?
Speaker 1: The lefties?
Speaker 3: I'd like to take someone in Philly. I was thinking about Alec Bohm. Feel like I'm a Alec Bohm second half guy still, but I'm gonna go with Trey Turner coming out the gates hot, getting them on the board. I need to get on that freaking board here.
Speaker 2: It is like.
Speaker 3: Minus two ten right now that Joe is gonna be completely gone before I make it on the board, so it is not looking good fellas. And also we should have the small announcement here Joe that starting next week Joe is tapering just a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, so there'll be a show or too.
Speaker 3: Joe is still here with us, but there's a show or two that Joe will not be.
Speaker 1: Russo is gonna fill in for me on Tuesdays and Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we are gonna leading off Everyboddy.
Speaker 1: We got a great show fight today, I got leading off. I gotta do the Chrysler Welsh with here. You're gonna talk about the prospects. It's gonna be amazing. I think fantastic.
Speaker 2: I think people would actually really love if you did a whole show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know there's some people that would hate it, but like some people really like some people.
Speaker 1: I think most people, although he gets ratings on his show, so I mean maybe people don't need It's.
Speaker 3: Great Casey Bubba and Joe Rico will start being put into the fold.
Speaker 1: So just so you guys know, yes, I'm excited about that because Joe was here doing a couple of shows. Me Welsh was on vacation. He did great work. Casey Bubba, you guys all know him from the shows and past years to to the best baseball folks out there doing fantastic things. So I'm happy to give them some more airtime. Here is again. Football season is just what it is. By the way, go get your fantasy football black book too.
Speaker 3: Mac.
Speaker 1: I want to answer a question for our friend John Marco because I kind of pushed him to the Kevin Gosman thing, and to John Marco's credit, is still here watching live anyway. What's a good trade package for Garrett Cole fantasy purposes? Welsh? I would imagine you have to get back a starter of some kind of note, some kind of one, a starter. Could you get Pablo Lopez and a bat for Garrett Cole? With the way Cold's pitch so far since he's returned, and the fact that Lopez era is still inflated, is that is that too much much to give for Cole? I don't know. I'm thinking you have to start, in my opinion, with that picture. Who that picture is. It's not going to be the elite of the elites. It's not going to be you know, the the Wheelers and Sales and those guys. But would you take a Garrett Crochet and a bat for Garrett Cole? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, no one's trading that. Yes, I would take.
Speaker 1: Gret Cole is still Garrett Cole in a lot of people's mind.
Speaker 3: I would take Garrett Croch over Coal right now. Straight up, I don't think if you're doing a Garrett Cole trade you're going to get a suitable picture, because why would that person be wanting Garrett Cole if they're going to then trade you like Pablo Lopez.
Speaker 2: So I think if you're.
Speaker 3: Doing the trade, you've got to target something that you really want on the hitting side and hope that you can maybe get back a picture that is much lower caliber that maybe plays up like something like you going and getting like an equivalent I got hitter, equivalent hitter with Garrett Cole, and then like a how Quantrill who could get traded? And no, I know Calcoyn Trill has been, but he's been the best Rockies flower And if he gets one, why would the guy trade Flarity if they're won in coal?
Speaker 2: I just think it was because he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't because Garrett Cole is gonna be in the Hall of Fame someday and Jack Flaherty has just been good now for the first time in three years. Like that's the mindset. I think people are very prisoner of the moment. All right, would you Josh Naylor and Sonny Gray for Garrett Cole? What side of that deal you.
Speaker 2: Want to be? And I would take Naylor and Sonny Gray.
Speaker 1: I think you could pull that off and something else made.
Speaker 3: And I'm like a Coal guy for the second I know, but I just but Sonny Gray is like off only a few notches down, and you're getting Josh Naylor absolutely.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Pania, Gossman and Ranger Suarez for Blake Snell and Garrett Cole, and that deal was declined for Jean Marco. I cann't understate.
Speaker 2: Look, so i'd want the coal and Snell side, Yeah, Cole and.
Speaker 1: Smell side I would want as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a whole Oh you he offered for the coal. Yeah, no, I don't think that that's a good offer.
Speaker 1: That's not enough. That's not enough. So we're trying to help out the folks here. But again, I think to Welsh's point, it's either a hitter just outside of that top tier or right in that precipice, that second round ish kind of or a one a kind of pitcher like the Sunny Gray's guys. Who are you know you can count on Sunday Gray. He's gonna be good, He's gonna pitch, is he Garrett Cole? No, But if you need some bodies and you don't want the risk of Garret Cole rest of seasons, I get it.
Speaker 3: Here's a solution for John Marco too. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash chat and join up. Sorry, this is the pen, I'm gonnaick it very of course, But Fantasypros dot Com slash chat, join up with the free discord and you guys can you can get into the baseball stuff and you can ask people questions. You can get everybody else's insight. Kind of, it's not quite leading off territory of all of our fun people, but they are a lot of them are in there, like this is an awesome singular community. But the same thing Fantasypros dot com slash chat and go and ask some questions in there.
Speaker 1: Well, the long guys have clearly showed up at my house. I don't if you hear that, So that'll do it for us. But the story of the game it goes on. I'm Joey B. That's the Welsh. We'll see you Monday, kids, have a great weekend of baseball, and don't wave pens of people.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok At Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB