Speaker 1: Second Dat up date and the great prophet Rihanna taught us that sometimes you can find love even in the most hopeless of places. Oh yeah, yeah, wouldn't you know it? Re Rey was right right, she is because one of our listeners, Sean, emailed in saying he had a romantic connection recently in a place you probably wouldn't think to go find love. Oh interesting, find that out in just a second, where it is, we'll see, Sean. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 3: I'm always concerned if Jeffrey's weirded out about where you found love just from his own love.
Speaker 1: I don't know, grocery store. I didn't say weirded out. I just said it was unexpected.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's a different definition. So where was this place, Sean? And how many unexpected holes did you find in the walls around you?
Speaker 2: So long story short. I had to do community serve us for we did with the body of mine. But I chose to do volunteer work at a food bank the other week and cool, yeah yeah, yeah. So I met a girl named Sophie was really cute and she was also volunteering.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, hold on, you also volunteering.
Speaker 4: She was volunteering.
Speaker 1: You were forced to be there.
Speaker 3: I mean it's cool that you chose a great yeah, but force volunteering.
Speaker 2: A way to put it.
Speaker 4: Okay, did she know? Can I just ask right off the bat? Did she know that's why you were there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: I think she thought I was also just like volunteering.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you never mentioned it?
Speaker 1: Well why would you pay?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Everyone, I don't want to be here. The courts made me. Uh, you know, let's help some people out. No, no, no, I'm not a volunteer. I'm a criminal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't want to start for my deficit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: Some people lead into the bad boy thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious. How did you start things off? What was the opener?
Speaker 2: I tried to make a joke. Well, we were there and it was a little inappropriate. I said, yeah, they called me up because apparently they ran out of sausage.
Speaker 3: Oh wow wow wait wait she laughed at that.
Speaker 2: No, she didn't get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, she said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think they can store meats here. It's mostly just canned good.
Speaker 4: I hope you didn't explain the joke. I hope you just want.
Speaker 1: To go No, No, it's funny because I'm referencing my body. Yeah, I'm talking about no.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm glad I just moved on.
Speaker 1: Disguise.
Speaker 4: Let's not pull that one out anymore.
Speaker 1: Your choice of words, bro. So what ended up happening with you and Sophie?
Speaker 2: Well, we were there together for like three hours, and we were just side by side for a long time, just talking, getting to know each other. And the more we hung out, the more relaxed and comfortable I felt with her, And I think the feeling was mutual.
Speaker 3: Oh you do think so, because no one goes into volunteering at a food bank thinking they're going to meet somebody.
Speaker 4: She may have just you know, was friendly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's makeup and nic dress and go volunteered, more cleavage.
Speaker 1: Get the real natural Sophie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, how often you with somebody for three hours straight nowadays? You know, besides like golfing?
Speaker 4: Okay, analogy work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're for like nine hours.
Speaker 4: Prison cell in your case.
Speaker 1: Oh that was important joke?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Did did you end up asking her out?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, I mean, well I'm made another joke at the end, and I was like, I've gotten empty backpack. We can load it up and have dinner.
Speaker 1: Now you're stealing from the food bank.
Speaker 4: Did she laugh? Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she laughed.
Speaker 1: She has a sense of human joke.
Speaker 4: All right, So did you sharef Canna spaghettios together?
Speaker 2: So I told her I wanted to volunteer again when she was working. So I got her number and we texted for like two hours that night.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, keep the conversation going nice.
Speaker 4: So it was. It was obviously a romantic thing.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, that's what I thought. Then. Ever since those two hours, nothing hasn't responded to anything.
Speaker 4: Have you gone and volunteered?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I didn't think.
Speaker 1: Maybe your bad boy attitude rubbed off on her and now she's living a life of crime. She can't go back. She did steal a bunch of stuff. She took them, seriously, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering, may I don't know. Maybe she lost her phone.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think so, yeah.
Speaker 1: You replace them immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe one of her roommates explained the sausage joke to her later.
Speaker 3: You know, I bet she didn't even remember that.
Speaker 1: If anything, she should like you more after she understands she's like, oh wait a minute, she's hilarious. All right, So how long has it been since you volunteered?
Speaker 2: Like a week?
Speaker 1: Okay, she definitely has a phone. A week with no response is a big red flag. We're gonna call her and see if she even answers. Maybe she did actually change her number after working with you. I hope not. Maybe we'll find something in the middle when we come back with your second date update. Right after that second date update over, like ninety percent of these calls now have people that meet on dating apps, but today's was different. These two met volunteering at a food bank. Today.
Speaker 4: My heart will go on. Is that what I hear? It's low?
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for derailing what I was saying. They met at a food bank, Yeah, and that's where Sean ran into Sophie. They sparked a whirlwind romance. They're filled with and canned.
Speaker 4: Laughter and sausage jokes.
Speaker 1: But even though they texted for hours afterwards, suddenly she cut off all communication. Yeah, which is weird, and Sean rest of shirt. I talked to Brooke off the air, and she promised, unlike the last seven ones of these, that we're done. She's not gonna throw you under the bus. Doesn't that feel good?
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, Brooke.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I think he swear it on that one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't trust her, but that's what she says at least.
Speaker 3: I mean it really feels, honestly, like this comes down to she thought you guys were friends, and maybe you finally made the move on text message and she finally got it right texting that could be just like three texts, yeah, honestly, and like scheduling when he was supposed to come in again.
Speaker 1: Right, Remember how we said we're not going to throw Sean under the bus.
Speaker 4: I don't know that she saw the same way you did the relationship. Is that a bad thing?
Speaker 1: But was hoping for a little more hope when we.
Speaker 3: Okay, well maybe we can put her onto the idea I know what a home.
Speaker 1: I hope that she got arrested and she's in jail and you guys are going to service sentence together. Sometimes the point is we're all on your side here, Sean, no matter what. So let's do this right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys appreciate your support a lot, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But supporting volunteers.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, is this Sophie.
Speaker 5: Yes, who's calling?
Speaker 1: Good question. My name is jeff from a radio show you might have heard of called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, have thought we.
Speaker 4: Were big on the volunteer circuit, but apparently not.
Speaker 5: You don't tell.
Speaker 3: A radio voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Brook doesn't have a very good voice for radio.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was going to say, we can your mom just now she would say, Jeffrey, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what's going on. Yeah, But Sophie, we're doing a segment called a second Date Update. We would like you to be involved because we're trying to help out one of our listeners named Sean.
Speaker 5: Oh Sean, And you guys didn't really go on a date.
Speaker 4: You just met out and volunteered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I thought he seemed nice.
Speaker 3: Did you understand that he was like interested in you, you know, and wanted to you did? No?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I was thinking about him.
Speaker 2: I mean actually the high evening after that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you dug him you were into it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just can't trust him.
Speaker 1: You can't trust him. Why why do you say that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: I guess because I was thinking about him that night and I went to bed, and he was in my dream. We were back at the food bank, maybe the delivery of sausages.
Speaker 2: Omry, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Just about it? It's just so good. Why is it bad that he was with you in the dream at the food bank, so he.
Speaker 5: Was stocking shelves and his phone went off in your dream? Yeah, my dream and I look over and it's his fiance and okay, it was very clear that he was cheating.
Speaker 4: On her in your dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not a very good dream.
Speaker 4: Why is that why you can't trust him?
Speaker 1: Because I know it was a.
Speaker 3: Sign, a sign that you have some trust issues and relationships and now they're playing out in your dreams.
Speaker 5: No, it's more of a time that he's big trouble at the universe was warning me that I need to stay away from him.
Speaker 1: But it's just a dream though he didn't actually do anything.
Speaker 5: No, I know, I know, because that gives you really vivid dream.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: It's the thing is, I have these types of dreams and they turned out.
Speaker 4: To be real.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're like very very intuni. I'm sorry, I'm skeptical.
Speaker 4: I am too.
Speaker 3: I wonder the people like that that are psychic in their dreams but okay, if even if that was the case, if you thought that they was real, why wouldn't you just ask him? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just trust my gut. And you know, back in high school I had a boyfriend high school was cheating on me. Yes, high school, but it happened. I dreamed it first and then.
Speaker 1: It was true. Yes, Oh, they have intuitions. I think we probably do need to step back for a second. How could Sean be cheating when the two of you haven't even gone out on an official date.
Speaker 4: It's a very good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know he's interested in me. He made that clear.
Speaker 2: He's flirting with texts, and.
Speaker 3: In your dream, he wasn't cheating on you. He was cheating on his pretend fiance or his real fiance.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's what I think is happening.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, well luckily.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 1: We can know right now by punching up Sean, who's actually on the other line, Sean, Yeah, he is done. I think, So, Sean, can you put your fiance on the phone. I'd like to talk to him.
Speaker 2: I don't have a fiance. I'm single.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 4: That so easy to convince to go one way or the other.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at our text board right now, and uh, there's a lot of people who are also skeptical about this. Yeah, you just not calling a guy back over a dream.
Speaker 2: That you had.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know, my husband's cheated on me in my dreams, volunteer.
Speaker 1: That always your husband's the one who cheats you. Sean, you reached out about Sophia here. Let me just ask you. Let's just get this out in the open. Are there any other women that you're currently.
Speaker 2: Dating or I'm ding so I am talking to other women, But it would be weird if I want Yeah, that's normal.
Speaker 5: I know it. I have these feelings.
Speaker 1: He's talking.
Speaker 4: That's how dating works.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, they're talking. But I know what that means. I mean, are you talking to her vertically or horizontally?
Speaker 4: You guys haven't even gone on the date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not being romantic with other people, right, Sean?
Speaker 5: Why does it matter?
Speaker 4: That would be fine?
Speaker 1: I mean, she wants to know. I want to know. I think we all want to know. I want to know.
Speaker 2: You all want to know. What do you all want to know?
Speaker 1: Who have you been sharing your sausage with?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Being romantic with other women.
Speaker 2: Creepy question.
Speaker 5: See I told you he doesn't want to answer it.
Speaker 4: I mean he's thinking for a while to say.
Speaker 3: Something, Guys, because you nobody wants to talk about the other people are talking to with someone they're trying to pursue you ask that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Jeff, I'm the one you.
Speaker 2: Guys, I have who to believe if you have nothing to worry about, You're the one I'm interested in. You're the one I want to go out on a day with.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: That is so weird.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what you said in my dream?
Speaker 2: What oh, word for words?
Speaker 1: It's not. This is a really creative way to blow off a guy without feeling bad about it.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Can use this.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to blow him off.
Speaker 5: That's what happened in the dream. Next thing, I know, he's with his fiance.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a side that you're about to meet your fiance. Couldn't it be interpreted other ways? It is a dream.
Speaker 5: Look, the last time I had a cheating dream, it was two years ago where I dreamed I cheated it on my boyfriend and then I actually did it.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, you can't.
Speaker 4: I can dream that I kissed Jeff on the cheek and I can do it right now.
Speaker 1: Jose you look so.
Speaker 4: I don't think you want to change her mind that this one.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, the universe works in weird ways.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you might be right, Sophie, because I had a dream last night that the two people on the phone said yes to going out. The universe says you two should see each other again. I bet it was a romantic dream and we should pay for it.
Speaker 5: No, man, I just have to trust myself on this one.
Speaker 1: What if I pay for What if I am throwing a gift card for extra sausage.
Speaker 5: Why don't you keep saying sausage?
Speaker 4: Nor should you? Fine? I do find Sophie.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm giving up on this one, Sean, see each other.
Speaker 3: The volunteering, Yeah, Sean, you're gonna be volunteering again, like you said.
Speaker 2: Well, I gotta get back on the dating scene. After being paroled for a while, I.
Speaker 5: Knew I should have listen. Listen to my gosh I parole. No, thank you, she.
Speaker 1: Had a prison dream, Sophi, You're amazing. The found was a conjugal Jeffrey in the morning