Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and.
Speaker 2: Your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Once a week from Reality with the Kings, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, we have to get into the season finale of The Royal Housewives of New York City and why we need to possibly reboot the reboot. Not the entire cast, just some of the cast membrous child.
Speaker 1: But yeah. In addition to we must get into drum.
Speaker 2: Roll please yes, let me hear that, Sierra, come on, sell the fact. I love a good drum roll. Okay, yes, rain drops, I'm finally going to talk about the Royal Housewives of Salt Lake City and why it is looking like it may be one of the best Housewives seasons of that show's history. And when I tell you, I am gagging, gagging like two fingers in my mouth down my throat, gagging like Taylor Swift and Kelsey What is it? Travis kelce what's the boy's name is?
Speaker 1: Travis?
Speaker 2: I think I like football now, gagging because I'm all of a sudden a Swift tea and I'm super obsessed with Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift's relationship.
Speaker 1: Gagging or is it gagging that? Huh?
Speaker 2: Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith's marriage or lack their or separation whatever, take them out of the group chat. Jada, I'm over it, but I'm gagging. Okay, So AnyWho, before we get into why I'm gagging over the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, we first have to get into the Real Housewives of New York City reboot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I reviewed this show on this podcast once and I did say no, I did it twice. I did it twice. Uh well, not fully. I fully recapped an episode one, and then I talked about it a second time, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I recapped the premiere of the Real Housewives of New York City and I said, you know what, guys, that was a great premiere. I thought the premiere was great, but I did give you all a disclaimer. I said, give me a couple of episodes before I give it a grade. And then episode two was okay. Episode three was like wanh wanh. But I still kept watching me because I do like the women, and I just wanted to see how this train was going to land at the station on the sixth train in my j low voice, Okay, I wanted to see how the train was going to land at the subway station. So the season finale just aired, and although I enjoyed the drama of the finale, it raised the reason why I said this before and I'm gonna say it again. Something's happening in reality television, or should I say the Housewives franchise, But something's happening in reality TV to where people are signing up to be on a show where they don't have to give their full reality, and it's scary and it's sad. What the fuck was the point and rebooting this fucking show. If three of the cast members are keeping secrets the audience, it doesn't make any sense to me, like at all, and it's making me frustrate as I'm watching it. So if you caught this season finale, Uba, who is beyond gorgeous?
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 2: She can sometimes be whimsical and fun. I don't think she's a great reality star. I'm just gonna say it. Disagree with me or not, I don't care. Uba is beautiful. I think she's a fun girl. She would have been a great friend of to the show. She has zero personal story. Zero she gives me. She gives me who Cynthia Bailey would have been without Peter Thomas. Like if Cynthia Bailey would have came on season three of the Real Housewives of Atlanta without Peter, I don't think we will be interesting. Did in single Cynthia Bailey and her first foray onto the show, and I think Cynthia Bailey can't even say that's the case now. Cynthia Bailly made her mark post divorce two, but we're talking about the inception.
Speaker 1: Uba has nothing going on.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the hot sauce I don't care about you stealing beans inside of a pantry at a restaurant. I don't care about nothing she has going on. She literally has no story, and it's sad because she's beautiful to look at and she does have fun personality, but I don't understand why she would have ever been given a full time Apple. She brings nothing to the show, and if you guys think she brings anything to the show, then you guys are the same people who think Tamera should be fired. But that was last week conversation. We're not going to bring it into this week's discussion. So it was revealed in the season finale that Ubau has a boyfriend that she's been seeing in Connecticut and that she was showing the pictures to sigh and said, don't say anything. That's when this entire show just lost me. The past couple of episodes haven't been great, But the reason why I've given this show so much grace is because it's a first season show and it's not horrible to where it should be canceled. Right. I always believe a first season show that is okay too great. So the metrics is from bad to okay to great. This reboot of Real Housewives of New York City is okay, And that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, it's not great, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Meeting, I would like to see what a second season will look like, and I still stand by that.
Speaker 1: However, dot Org, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Interested in seeing a second season with the same cast. And I'm gonna tell y'all who should stay and who should go, and look, y'all gonut disagree with me anyway, And that's fine, honey, but I'm always right AnyWho. So Uba reveals she has a boyfriend. She told cy Si set on camera with the pinky swear, that she wasn't going to tell anybody. Okay, Unfortunately Si did tell people, and that to me is interesting. Okay, you did tell somebody. That's what happens. That's reality. That's why we like housewives. That's why we like reality shows. We get to see you on camera promise something and then see how you fail to keep the promise, failed to keep the secret. Those things that's what makes compelling television. So I was into that. What I wasn't into is this big blow up about how Sai has a boyfriend and she's mad that people are talking about it. I don't give two fucks if this relationship is new. Uba has not earned the right to keep anything from the audience. When Bethany Frankel came back to her housewa Wash of New York City after being begged to come back multiple times, and she came back the first time saying, look, I'll come back, but my daughter is off limits. Bethany has earned the right to make that demand because she came into her first season giving you everything, her blood type, she gave you the urine from her the jayj as she was getting married, she called the executive producer before her doctor where her water broke. This woman earned the right to come back and say, look, I'm gonna come back, but you're not gonna see my child. I Carlos King the first would have said cool, because she earned the right to do that. What has Uba done to earn the right to tell anybody in production that we're not gonna talk about it. And that's been my struggle with this season in terms of you're not giving us anything. And it's disappointing because I think Uba has potential, because she is whimsicult, she is fun, but there's something lacking and now we know why you're hiding stuff from the audience. The way Aaron hid your phone from you and you freaked out. MS Mama's you hiding your relationship from the audience has me freaking out. I'm freaking out because I am trying to fall in love with you, because you have everything on paper to make me fall in love with you. But when that paper turns into a television screen and you're showing me nothing but how you look good in boots, fishnet stockings, along ponytail braids and a swimsuit, miss thing, I'm money more. This show was rebooted, some of y'all need to get the boot now. Before I continue on with the season finale, we have to talk about the elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: That's Jena Alliance.
Speaker 2: Jenna Alliance, who was begged by everybody at the network to be on the show, has been the biggest disappointment that I have ever seen on a Real Housewives franchise than Peggy from OC being the one hundred housewife.
Speaker 1: How in the world are you the one hundred housewife and.
Speaker 2: You are the most bland, bland like the castle role that Vicki wants every time she visits somebody's house, or when she feels like you need to bring a castle role because I feel ill.
Speaker 1: It's that bland, But I digress, so Jenna Alliance. Also some who's on the show had a girlfriend and did not want cameras following her. All of a sudden they break up, She's said, and we don't get a chance to see that either. What is going on with this show? Child, We are just getting started. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: This episode is sponsored by Betterhelp rain Drops. If you're anything like me, your brain is always working over time.
Speaker 1: That happens to me a lot.
Speaker 2: Look, I run a production company, I host a podcast, I executive produced a podcast. I have so many things going on that for me, there was a big time in my life where I would try to go to bed, but my mind would not turn off it. We're going to overdrive because I'm constantly thinking about what happened to day, was going to happen tomorrow, and unfortunately it prevents me from having a good night sleep. Then I started to go to therapy because Child, I needed to figure out what's going on with me. And one thing I will say is you do not have to be embarrassed by therapy. Therapy does work, and the moment I started to express my thoughts to a person, I was able to go to bed without those thoughts racing through my mind and keeping me up at night. So if you like me and your mind racis, or you overthink, or you know what, you just need somebody to talk to, give Better Help a try. It's entirely online and it's super convenient for you, so log onto it because it's flexible and they suit to fit your schedule, which is an a plus for me. All you gotta do is fill out a brief questionnaire and get matched with a licensed therapist and look if that therapist then I'll work out for you. Don't sweat it. You can also switch therapists at any time for no additional charge. Make your brain your friend with Better Help. Visit Betterhelp dot com slash king ki ng today to get ten percent off your first month. That's Better Help h e LP dot com slash King. This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I was off of the idea of like okay after the first episode. These ladies have something going on. I'm intrigued, but it's been a very disappointing trajectory because I want to like Gena Lions, but it's hard for me to swallow what she's putting down my throat because I feel like it's nothing but bullshit. I think she's she's she's she's a beautiful woman, and she's very stylish. But when you are a reality star and you hide behind your confessionals and your Jay Crew and your Chanelle and the words of the icon Faye Resnik to Brandy Glamville, no matter how many Chanel backs you borrow, you will never be a lady. That makes no sense in terms of this story. I just have to say it because I said Chanel. That has nothing to do with anything I'm saying. But that was such an iconic line that every week of my life I repeat it to myself. Yes, if you haven't seen it, go on YouTube and watch Fae read Brandy down to the ground.
Speaker 1: But I digress.
Speaker 2: So we had Jenna Alliance revealed that she was in a relationship.
Speaker 1: They broke up.
Speaker 2: She said about it, but she doesn't talk about it, and she doesn't bring anything to the show nothing.
Speaker 1: I think she's so obrahyped.
Speaker 2: Once again, I would love to meet her at the Macy's window as we're walking down thirty fourth Street looking at j Crew in the window. I would love to sit next to her and at a wintur aut A Paris Fashion Week. I mean, miss Thing was hanging out with Usher, Raymond and yg in Paris. So Jenna Lyons is that girl dot dot dot on paper? And what's happening with this reboot is y'all cast a lot of women who were good on paper. I am not a college student in class writing a thesis paper on the reboot of the Real Housewives of New York City, So I don't want to sit down and read how good people are on paper. I'm a viewer. I want to watch people who are good, not just on paper, but on camera. Do you know how much money I'm paying my cable bill? Do you think Exfinity, Comcast, Sling, YouTube TV is giving me a discount? No, I'm paying money to watch these shows. And the least that you can do with the money you guys are making is give us your reality. No one forced you to sign onto the reality show.
Speaker 1: No one but y'all.
Speaker 2: The same people who, when I say y'all, some of the fans are the same people who be like, yes we live for Jenna, honey, yes we live with Ubas and look I like them a lot. But y'all the same people who hate on on other reality stars because y'all feel like they're so unlikable they do too much like Ci, y'all give Cy the business. Ci has done nothing but given her reality. She tells you when she's hungry, she tells you when she has an attitude. What I listen, I really do sometimes feel like I'm in the twilight zone because some of you Housewives fans praise these women who do absolutely nothing. My pinky toe is more interesting than Gena Lions and Uba. My kneecaps are more interesting than Genna Lions and Uba. My dogs Godiva and Brody as they're playing in the backyard shitting on my grass and scraping it with their paws. They're more interesting than watching Gena Lions and Uba hide their relationship. And y'all don't see nothing wrong with that. So anyways, getting back to the seats of finale. So then this big blow up happened, and listen, SI was wrong. If someone tells you a secret, then you got to keep the secret. I do believe in that. So Cy was wrong for telling Brian off camera that, Yo, this chick has a boyfriend who lives in Connecticut, and I'm pretty sure he's rich because I think I saw something where I sat, like ten bedrooms or something like, go, hey, ooh, but we live, honey. Yeah, it's work, but we will have lived to see that relationship unfold. And I keep going back to the fact that it's not like you guys have skin in the game, that you guys gave your blood, sweat and tears for five years and then decided to fall back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kanya Richards, Kyle Richards gives everything to that show, The Real Housewives of Billy Hills, and now she's gonna give what's going on between her and Marisia's relationship and her allegedly dating a woman. She gave you the fact that her and her sister were dealing with stuff since season one when they got to the argument the limousine reality. You saw her fall out with Lisa vanther pump reality. So when it comes to the Real Housewives of New York City, I think it needs I think the reboot needs to be rebooted. And when I say rebooted, I don't mean the entire cat needs to be gone. Listen, I'm gonna say this and y'all gonna disagree with me, and that's fine. The force multiplier of the Real Housewives of New York City is Aaron. It's her show. Aaron is polarizing, She rallies the troops. She knows how to get herself in some mess. She knows how to get herself out of mess. She knows how to be engaging. She shockingly is the force multiplier. And the reason why I say shockingly is because as I was watching the first episode, I didn't expect her to be it. I really thought it was going to be Bran and Brn is by far a breakout star. But the show belongs to Aaron. It's her show. She's the force multiplier. Build this show around Aaron and her friends. Sorry, not sorry, it's Aaron's show. Aaron has given everything to the show.
Speaker 1: It's her show. She's the first multiplier.
Speaker 2: Deal with it is the breakout star brand was born to be on reality television. She's fantastic, she is beautiful, she is whimsical, she is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
Speaker 1: She's she's she's just great to watch. She's great to watch.
Speaker 2: Great job casting her. Keep Aaron, keep brand, keep cy. She's the only one who has given us any amount of drama. I like the fact that she's herself. Do I agree with everything Sai does? Absolutely not. But just like I said last week about Tamra Judge, I'm not here to judge these women and folk my arms and throw darts on them. SI is fantastic, But some of you guys want her gone.
Speaker 1: She does the most. She's so an. I just just I'm not I'm not gonna touch it.
Speaker 2: I just I just can't touch it because you're the same guys who live for Gena Lions and her black and white monochromatic suits giving you Christianity's. But I digress. SI is great to watch. She's beautiful. I like her husband. Her daughter is so pretty and just so smart, and you could tell she's such a good girl.
Speaker 1: SI is a great mom.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's she's everything and meant to see at the upcoming reunion, she's on the.
Speaker 1: End of the couch.
Speaker 2: Talk about the disrespect because she literally is the main centerpiece who brought drama to the show and she's reduced to sit next to Jenna Alliance on the end.
Speaker 1: This yo yo yo, uh whatever. I digress.
Speaker 2: Anyways, keep sigh and keep Jessel. I think Jessel's great. I am obsessed with Jessel and her husband's marriage. Do I think he's cheating on her in Vietnam? Let me tell you stop the baby, no man of mine.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: If you need miles, honey, your ass better go down to the Delta sky Lounge and figure out how to get a Delta American Express credit card and get some miles by buying gas at Shell gas station. You don't need to go to fucking Afghanistan in order or Vietnam wherever he was going in order to give miles and then to say, have you ever been on an international first class flight? Yeah, bitch, but it doesn't mean I'm going to leave my family to fly in the air for fourteen hours to eat a some caviar that you can get from Sprouts Fresh Market if you want fish eggs that bad, my boy, go to Chirpiani's Chill Out with brand it's her papid restaurant. Apparently, since allegedly y'all don't want to go to catch but I digress and then you say, yeah, I go there, I land, I eat a sandwich, and I go back.
Speaker 1: What listen?
Speaker 2: It sounds to me that this man allegedly has a whole ass family in Vietnam. And the thing about Jesse, Jesse does give a fuck about it because in her mind, she's like, I'm set for life. I married a man who has money. Our kids are going to private school that costs thirty five thousand dollars. So you want me to leave this man because he has a whole family in Vietnam allegedly when the X men's on a cheat on me, who can't afford two thousand dollars to buy the kids some big pants, a backpack, a lunch pail, and a Whole Foods card to get their meals because they all subscribe to pooch by courting Kardashian, no gluten free meals.
Speaker 1: No, she don't care. They don't have sex if you are.
Speaker 2: Married and you have young children and you and your men have not had sex in a an over a year. He doesn't have blue balls, baby, he has blue eyed kids in Vietnam. Hanging out with Sally Anne girl, wake up and smell the folders in your cup, not the caviard that he's getting on these flights.
Speaker 1: Child.
Speaker 2: Anyways, but I saw that to say I love Jessel. So in my opinion, we need to get rid of Gentaalians and Uba. They bring nothing to the show. These are two women who are hiding their relationships and we're supposed to be okay with it.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Got rid of Ramona, Derinda, Sonya Luane for Uba and Jenna to sit on Heather Locklear's TV screen and give me nothing. In the words of Direnda, I am ashamed, and in the words of Vicky Govson, get them off my.
Speaker 1: Show, I hate you interrupt, but stay tuned for more. We'll be right back after these quick ass rain drops. I got a question for y'all.
Speaker 2: Are you tired of going through these endless amounts of these skincare products that claim to do everything, child, make your youth ball all these crazy things? Baby, Look, I have found what you're looking for. Today's episode comes from One Skin. It was founded by a team of four female PhD level longevity scientists. Come on, who run the world?
Speaker 1: Girls? Do these four female.
Speaker 2: PhD level longevity scientists. They have over fifteen years of experience studying the biology of aging. Come on, girls. After testing thousands of peptides, these four female scientists discovered OS one, which is a peptie that is scientifically proven to target age also called centizen cells, which is the main source of skin aging and actually reduces the biological age of skin by several years. Their flagship products, One Face is clinically validated to improve firmness, fine lines, and overall tone and appearance. Look here, child, Unlike most skin care products on the market, Honey, one Skin works deeper than surface level and Baby, it is designed to promote healthier skin from the inside out. So my question for you is, this is your current skin regiment clinically proven to reverse the molecular age of your skin? If not, Child, give one skin a try and see the difference. For a limited time, our listeners can give fifteen percent off one skin with our code king ki n G at one skin dot Co. Once again, the code is king at one skin dot Co. So I know what y'all thinking, Carlos, Have you tried it? Yes, Honey, I have now one thing about me Like Kenya Moore, I'm also ashy love you Kenya. So I use one Skin all over my arms and my legs. It really helps moisturize. My body is clean, it smells good. But most importantly, y'all, it actually works. There's so many benefits to it that I have to come on my podcast until my rain drops all about it. Now, look, child, one skin is for everybody, so we all can use it for every skin complexion, raise all those things. Because they have this anti aging groundbreaking approach, they can actually reverse the signs of aging.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Now we all want to look young right.
Speaker 2: One Skin addresses skin health at the molecular level, targeting the root causes of aging, so skin behaves, feels, and appears younger. It's time for you to experience a new skin health routine at a discounter rate today. Yes, y'all get fifteen percent off with the code King ki Ng at one Skin dot Co. That's fifteen percent off one skin dot Co with code King ki Ng. We only have one body, one skin, and only you can choose to make it better, age healthy with one skin. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Okay, rain Drops, we must talk about the Real Housewives of Salalic City.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: One thing about me and rain drops. I'm always going to keep it real, and if I changed my mind, I'm gonna let y'all know firsthand. A few weeks ago, I talked about how I was kind of housewives out and that I wasn't going to give Salic City season four chance because the force Malta Plier. Jen Shaw's in jail and I didn't watch season three all the way through because I was bored and blah blah blah. Although I did say Salt Lake City season two was tens across the board fantastic, season three did not grab me the way I wanted it to. Okay, so I said, you know what, I'm not gonna watch season four child the moment I said that.
Speaker 1: The rain drops harassed me on.
Speaker 2: Twitter and said, Carlos, you must, must, must watch the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: It's a great season. Mary's back.
Speaker 2: They got this new woman named Monica who is great TV ANDNGK was a friend of last season, I believe, and now she's full of time and this was me missing. I want to say, like three episodes.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I am fully caught up and bitch, I am fully dialed in. The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City is having its best season. I have no idea what happened, but these girls are bringing it. Shout out to the producers. Let me listen, who's ever producing this season? Round of applause? Okay, just like I gave the production of The Real Housewives Orange County their props. Shout out to the producers of the Royal Housewives of Orange County. The executive producer name is Luke Neslich. He killed it. He killed it. He killed Real Housewives of Orange County and did a great job. Whoever is the showrunner on Salt Lake City. I'm telling you right now, kudos to you. You are doing a fabulous job. It is a great fucking season. It's so great. I like the entire cast because before I couldn't see it. For Whitny and Heather, I just cutn't. All of a sudden, it hit me because the rain drops. Ask me, Carlos, who's the first multiplier of the house watch of Salt Lake City?
Speaker 1: And I'm about to reveal it?
Speaker 2: Drum roll please, Oh Sierra, I just love when you do sound effects Okay. The fourth multiplier of the Royal Housewives of Salt Lake City belongs to.
Speaker 1: Whitney.
Speaker 2: Maybe sorry, Mary, Mary, I could see you eating a fish sandwich and rolling your eyes and critiquing my my apparel.
Speaker 1: It's all good, Sis, we love you. This is Whitney.
Speaker 2: Season is the force multiplier because Whitney brings story together, she brings the mess together. Then she rallies the troops, and then she's so unassuming.
Speaker 1: Like Whitney is good.
Speaker 2: I never thought I would be a Whitney fan, just like I never thought I would be a Gina fan from oc. These girls on Salt Lake City are bringing the heat. I think they knew that they were sort of like the forgotten child, the step children of the housewives, and they are determined to be a part of the conversation. Every last one of these women is bringing it. And as a knowing as.
Speaker 1: Lisa is about her.
Speaker 2: About her makeup and her money and Snoop Dogg and private jets and Doulchak Cabana, I love it because it's exactly why we watch this franchise. Lisa is hysterical. I mean I cannot get enough of her. When she cried over her makeup to the production and then Meredith had to come over to console her. That's when I knew I was like in for some great television. Lisa, this is your best season. Lisa Barlow is giving them great TV.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: She owns up to being this well, she's not owning good to be materialistic, but she kind of is like, Lisa, it's okay. Your materialistic is fine. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Sis. I love it.
Speaker 2: Meredith is so good. Meredith is bringing the drama. She's engaging. Let's give a Ronda applause for Meredith engaging. She looks gorgeous. She twenty years younger. I don't know on what surgeon's table you got on Honey with botox or phil. I don't know what it is is And guess what you ain't got to tell me? Keep it, Meredith, you look stunning, stunning? Is it Terry debrou Like? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Meredith, you are beautiful, You look stunning. She is funny. The way she tried to read Jik and say you can leave, bitch. I'm here for it, I'm here for Meredith. Heather is funny. When Meredith and Angie k were getting into it, Heather being drunk just laughing out of them, I mean laughing at them with one of her eyelashes falling from her like comedy. It was hysterical. And last, but not least, whoever made the executive decision to bring the Monica woman onto.
Speaker 1: The show.
Speaker 2: Chef's Kiss. She is fabulous. Not only is she pretty, I like the fact that she is sort of like the underdog. She doesn't have, you know, a wealthy husband, a wealthy lifestyle, but she's super connected to the women. She got some interesting you know dealings with Jenshaw, which is you know, all of that is just really funny to just watch. But she also inserts herself into the business, and she does in a way to where it does not come across thirsty.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: I am seriously into her. She's great to watch. She's fabulous to watch. So even when the first marked aplier, Whitney was told by Monica that Maritive allegedly told them that Angie's husband was sleeping with men and has boyfriends who want to tell their story. The fact that Whitney messy asked decided to grab angiek and say.
Speaker 1: No, no, she needs to know. She needs to just know she needs to know what's happening. We have to tell her.
Speaker 2: That's the moment I said, oh, bitch, you are the force multiplier. You're saying to yourself, I'm no dummy. I may be blonde, but I am not legally blonde. Bitch, I am going to tell this story to the woman in question about her husband because this is about to be some good TV. Whitney did that. Y'all can hate her all y'all want to. Whitney is the first multiplier of the show this season. So then when they told Angie k that her husband was allegedly sleeping with men, Angie, look, I'm gonna tell y'all this, and y'all could agree with me or not. Angie did not look surprised to me, because my thing is this, if you would have said to me, Carlos, they're saying that young man sleeps with women, I would just laugh it off and.
Speaker 1: Say that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: He clearly only sleeps with me, And if he is sleeping with a woman is because she's in our bedroom together. I'm just saying. I would just make I would laugh at it. I would laugh at it because my thing is this, if somebody would have told Ninny Leaks, Hey Nini, they're saying Bregg sleeps with rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Greg.
Speaker 2: Somebody would have told Nini Leaks, Hey Nini, they're saying Greg sleeps with man. Nini will laugh at off, bust a big old grin and made the biggest joke about it, because it would have been that ridiculous. So, yes, I'm aware that it's been rumors for years, which to me, if these rumors have been going on for years, it's more the reason why you should laugh it off, because I would have said, oh my god, is she that bored? That's a rumor that's been going on for a year because he's a hairdresser. It's not true.
Speaker 1: But Angie, again my opinion, Angie didn't look totally surprised by the revelation.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a rumor for years, but she also did not look genuinely mad, which some people would say, could it be true, who knows. But when she went to Meredith, honey, and Meredith told miss Thing, you need to respect me and not talk to me that way and ran all across that room child, and Angie is on her tail, and Angie said that Meredith spreads her legs to men. Baby, that's the type of fucking TV I want to watch, not women on New York City who's pretending to be real and not giving a shit.
Speaker 1: To talk about. But I digress.
Speaker 2: And then when Angie told her husband, Now, that's the part that y'all going to disagree with me on, and that's fine. I don't understand why he cried when she told him about what was said when apparently it's been a rumor for years because he is a hairdresser and he wore a heather bit. Your funny father said, he's been accused of being gay ever since he wore a custom suit that was tailored and altered to his wedding because the guys don't do that in Utah. Like, that's funny, that's funny. But I didn't get the tears. I thought it was performative. I didn't get it. And I understand the whole thing where my daughter has to like hear this if it's not true, who cares? If anything, your daughter will learn that people spread rumors. Your daughter is going to go into high school where she's going to have to deal with a sector of mean girls. It's what every teenage girl goes through. Mean girls. So it's a perfect opportunity to talk to your daughter about what to expect, Like, hey, people think your father is gay. He is that it's all good. I'm gonna tell you all the trick that the producers did that really made my eyebrows raise so right before the revelation that there's rumor swirling that Angie's husband is gay. So this is what they did, bitches, when they had the scene appear before that revelation of Angie, her husband and their daughter at the house, and Angie was talking about how, like, you know, they pretty much don't have intimacy as much. They really just don't bang each other like they used to because they have this daughter and their focus is on her and she sleeps in the same bedroom as them. Yes, that was what we call foreshadowing. Okay, so you marry a couple once again. By the way, her husband is hot, Angie, Your husband is smoking hot. He is thick and muscular and corn bread fed. Honey, come on, Porsche. He gives me a good old Chicago ellen Ooh, okay, call it stop. Your man is high, So Angie, you mean to tell me you're not riding that horse of a man miss thing every night, honey. I would tell my daughter, Hey, honey, we have this multi mind dollar house. So guess what between eight pm and eight twenty eight pm, you're gonna sleep your own room. And at eight thirty after I wipe down your father with a hot towel that's on the night Standum, you can come to this room. Because look, I think every married couple all they need is twenty eight minutes to bang each other and the husband does what he does and the wife gets the hot tile off the nightstand.
Speaker 1: I watch it down, child, I'm just saying that's what they do.
Speaker 2: I work on a lot of reality shows, child, and talk to a lot of married friends. I know that at maximum, every married couple sex life is TRT total running time twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: And if y'all disagree with me, let me know the comments. But I know I'm right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when they show that he and Angie sleep in the bed with their daughter and they have lack of intimacy, and then ten minutes later we're being told that there's a room in your husband likes men. That's why they did it so that us, the us, the audience can wander like, wait, is it true because you're like, y'all banging, y'all ain't banging, so it could it be true? So then you have it. So let's talk about Mary. Mary is back and I'm happy she's back. Thank you producers for bringing her back. Mary is the comedy relief we needed because every time we have these intense situations, all you have to do is cut to Mary and she is doing something super ridiculous and it's funny, and she is funny. Now, I will say this, though, I'm hoping that we're not going to get the same predictable shtick that we're seeing because the Mary tricks, to me, they're kind of getting old real fast, like in this most recent episode where she was talking about Heather's necklace and what they were wearing, and I don't know, it's becoming forced. And I believe what we all loved about Mary was that everything felt or and natural, and I'm starting to feel like Mary is performing for the cameras and it's not coming across authentic like it used to. Like the first couple of episodes this season, supernatural, super funny, like was here for it. It was something about this episode that I was like, huh, I'm kind of over the marry joke. I'm kind of over Mary being around these girls and she's not engaging with any of them. She doesn't want to be there. You could tell she's there because she got the call sheet from the producers. And I don't know, I was getting old and I missed the old Mary where she came in, did her thing and kept it moving.
Speaker 1: I feel like Mary.
Speaker 2: Goes there, she gives you two three good sound bites, and then that's it. And it's like we're taping two shows. It's like we're taping The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, but we're also taping a special called There's Something About Mary, and instead of Cameron Diaz is being played by Mary Crosby. It's like two shows happening at the same time, but separately. And I just don't want Mary to be reduced as having a stick like cut to Mary doing the same thing we're seeing. And I think this is episode six. I just watched, and I don't know it was the first time. I was like, I don't know, Mary's getting kind of old and predictable and it's not funny anymore. So I'm hoping that we can find ways to integrate Mary. That makes us really go back to having fun with her, cause in the first couple of episodes this season, we're having so much fun the way she read Whitney and all the other girls. That's the mayor, that's the Mary we want, not the one who's gonna give us a predictable SoundBite. But nonetheless, the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Season four is tens across the board. We're getting personal story, we're getting real life drama. All of the girls are bringing it. Whitney is the force multiplier, Mary's back, Monica and NGK are fantastic additions. And I'm gonna say it, you don't miss jen Shaw. You don't miss her. You don't miss her, you don't miss her. So congratulations, The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City has stepped it up and it's no longer the step children of the Real Housewives franchise. Kudos. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram. Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom ragn Entertainment.
Speaker 2: It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Ring Entertainment, Baby