Speaker 1: Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Yes, Will, it's.
Speaker 1: A special one today. It's a special one for a number of reasons. Today, I know I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 3: I just want to jump in. Do you just want to jump in both feet?
Speaker 4: Get to share all about how your love of musicals is just gaining week by week as we go through these movies.
Speaker 1: You know, me just need to.
Speaker 4: Know how much like you are now, like I want to be John Travolta exactly again.
Speaker 1: I just love where a whole group of people get together and for some reason know the dance, know the song, and it's like they've all just rehearsed without rehearsing. You know, That's my thing I have.
Speaker 4: Actually, when we get into it, it made me realize there are different kinds of musicals and I can't wait to figure out which ones are best suited for you. Yes, I agree this was different than the first one.
Speaker 1: Is it was? It was? Well, we will talk about that. So first, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the wave, Tsunamis and the high school's musical. I'm Will for Dell.
Speaker 2: And I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 1: Guys. Next up is Sequel Town. Yes, we're tackling a movie we've been waiting to address for quite some time on the pod.
Speaker 3: Some might even say that we're howling at the moon for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. This week we own the night with twenty eighteen's Zombies two. It's the second installment in what is currently jocking for the number one position for the channel's top movie franchise.
Speaker 3: It's neck and neck with Descendants, but.
Speaker 1: If you ask our very special guest her thoughts, this sits at number one all by itself. And to think it all started with a failed pilot. Now joining us this week to recap this dcom is my fellow pod Meets World co host, one of the nation's top adult zombies fans, or zomb heads as I'm calling them.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You probably know her as Rachel on Friends, Diane on Cheers. He was also Sivil Shepherd on Moonlighting. No, she was, of course TVs Topanga. Yes, it is Danielle Fischel joining us this week. Danielle, thank you for coming on Magic as.
Speaker 2: I'm so thrilled to join you. Guys. I'm a big fan of your pod.
Speaker 1: Uh And so even know we were doing this who are you?
Speaker 2: Who are you, sir? To be like watching siblings bicker the whole time, I would know nothing about that. I would know ye will I know you? You ish on you.
Speaker 5: Poop you pooh pooh on the musical I do. They're in my onion. There is no way you can poo poo the zombies.
Speaker 1: You just wait, I can poo poo anything that's true.
Speaker 4: The first Zombi he loves get one of his highest ratings. I'm telling you, actually admitted on the podcast that he is now like zombie head. Yes, well, yes, he definitely is like about the musicals because we do have a huge issue from him on how these musicals handle themselves. And I'm a little nervous to hear about it because, in my opinion, I think we went back a couple of steps of what will enjoys from a musical. While I was watching this, I went, oh, no, oh God, And Danielle's gonna be honest with us.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well we'll get into it. We'll get in into it all. But so we have talked obviously a lot about how both you and Ryder Strong helped to launch this podcast for us, and immediately both started fighting over which Zombies movie you would come on.
Speaker 5: And literally the day you guys announced the podcast, Writer and I were like, we got into it.
Speaker 2: But you know, Writer and I, we are nothing if not adults.
Speaker 1: That's true, That's very true.
Speaker 4: What my first question for you, though, is how did you get in? Both of you guys, how did you really get into watching the zombie movies. It had to have been with your kids, of.
Speaker 5: Course, it was with my kids. And my oldest son has liked being scared. He has liked horror. He has liked Halloween, the absolute antithesis of me.
Speaker 2: I do not like being scared. I do not like horror.
Speaker 5: I do did not like Halloween. But then you have a child and they are just their own little person. And he saw the Zombies advertisement on Disney Plus and he saw it was for Zombies too. Because Adler was born in twenty nineteen, it was like Zombies two was already out for a while.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, you know, he was like he was young, but he saw it and he was like, what is that? And it looked intriguing to him.
Speaker 5: He wanted to watch it, so we did, and I immediately was like, this is a banger. Anyone who has kids knows that your children like to watch the same thing over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: So when you, as a.
Speaker 5: Parent find something you like, you're regularly swaying them to that thing. Like you turn on the TV and you're like, everyone watches zombies, Zombie. We're zombiing, right, We're gonna zombie today. And that was me with these movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, is now is too your favorite of the of because the fourth one's about to be released?
Speaker 5: Or was just I know it's coming out, so it's coming out May twenty third. I think, yeah, May twenty third. I have a dear friend, Malachi who's in Zombies four, very excited for Z four. You know what Z one and Z two as I'm gonna call them. Oh, George just said July tenth, You may twenty third, July tenth. Is there any difference between those two things?
Speaker 3: Now, it's coming on July tenth year, but July tenth in the South, just so.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows exactly, or twenty third.
Speaker 1: At Danielle's house, Jill loses.
Speaker 2: If it comes out May twenty third.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't get around to it till July tenth anyway, so it's totally fine. So I love Zombies one, and then I was very nervous for Zombies two. I was like, oh no, how could this possibly And I think it's at the very least just as good. Okay, I think I prefer the music of Zombies two to Zombies one.
Speaker 2: So music alone old, Yeah, I think I think music alone Zombies two wins for me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think as bands, like for some reason, we feel like we have to decide which was better, and we just just like they can't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to, but you do.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the music. I mean, because now for me, I was just in shock and awe. I loved the first one so much. Yeah, and so it was like I literally just kind of just sat and watched it and enjoyed it. Versus this one. I knew what to expect. I didn't know what to expect the last time. I knew what to expect. I was a ginormous fan of the choreography the first time. So now I'm looking at that and you know, it's just like you have a little bit more of an ability to kind of feel like you're critiquing, especially if you were a big fan of the first one.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, that was me. I well, let's see, let's see how we're going to do here. People. By the way, Danielle, I talk very fast and we just run over each other. So when you want to jump in with your expertise, please just jump in with your.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, sure, yeah, that's that's how we roll here. I can't believe I don't have to leave lead this podcast. I just get Jack gets nice and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Zombies two, or zombis de as they say in France, debuted on February fourteenth, twenty twenty, Yes, Valentine's Day, which is exactly the zombie ish, most zombie I guess holiday you could have, almost exactly two years after the original, which as we know, was a big hit for the studio, bringing in just over two point five million viewers on premiere night. Now we've talked about the different numbers, how nowadays two point five is really good. Where some of these early high school musicals were pulling in eighteen nineteen twenty million, But nowadays with the kids and their little iPads and the stuff, they're focus going all over the place, two point five million on premiere night, still pretty damn good, and now with a sequel. The channel knew what they had on their hands and promoted it beyond belief, and yet it attracted almost exactly the same number of viewers. For its debut, they clocked two point four to seven million viewers, so just under the two point five million the Zombies one attracted. But it did perform better than the original with young adult between the ages of eighteen and forty nine, which is very important, so you win some and you lose them. And also Zombies two had a better critical response at its predecessor. So, Danielle, you might be onto something.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I could be a critic.
Speaker 1: You know, you absolutely good. The Rotten Tomatoes average is seven point five out of ten, which is actually pretty damn good for a d com. It's no Dad Napped, but it's.
Speaker 2: Up it isnap. What was the score of Dad Napped?
Speaker 1: It was negative six, to the point where the star of Dad Nap, George Newburn, came on and the first thing he asked was why did you review Dad Napped?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love it, I love it exactly. This movie was shot over two month period in wait for our people. No shock here Toronto, and we're going to get in the cast and crew in a bit. But they were lucky, frankly to get everyone back. One thing that makes Zombies so unique than the fact that while they're singing and dancing zombies and we talked about this for the original, the movie features no prior Disney Channel stars, which really hadn't been done before. They started from scratch with a lot of unknown at the time, So I'm sure that helped with scheduling and booking the follow up with all the same actors, because again, you're not Bookings and DAYA and everybody else right now. We talked about this a little on Pod Mets World, Danielle, But your relationship with dcoms, how were you never asked to star in a Disney chap wild or were you?
Speaker 2: And you turned out no, I was never asked a star on a d com.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why. I was like an ugly stepchild to Disney and ABC. I the whole time we were on Boy Meets World, I was paid significantly less than every other cast member.
Speaker 2: Everybody just acted like I was lucky to be there.
Speaker 5: Nobody, nobody gave it about me, so I flew real under the radar.
Speaker 1: It's so true and so weird because you are clearly the most famous character and person from Boy Meets World. Now I mean clear. I mean there's no I don't know about that. I may be the most recognizable, but I mean when people think about Boy Meets World, I think Topanga.
Speaker 2: People don't pass by you without knowing who you are.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: And hair, yes, hair is. Hair's a big one. If I have my hair in like a braid and a hat, I can possibly scale. I can.
Speaker 1: There's Topanga in a braid and a hat. Happens again? Can verify? Okay? Now, per usual, everybody, He's Zombies two is available to stream right now.
Speaker 3: In Disney Plus. Watch it now, watch it later, Do a little dance.
Speaker 1: Make a little love, get down, get down tonight, you know what ever you want to do? Did you watch it later?
Speaker 2: So Z two came out in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Adler was born in twenty nineteen, So when Z two came out and it was all over Disney Plus, Adler was like, I want to watch that. So then we were like okay, And I don't think we started with Z two. I think we were like, but we may have. We may have watched it first and then been like, oh, there's others. Let's once he loved it and we watched, so we may have watched him out of order.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can kind of jump into and figure out what's going on.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, they do, especially in the beginning, like they do so much to kind of give you backstory of what's happened. Correct, not necessarily what happened in the first movie, but what within their world.
Speaker 1: Which which is kind of cool. Sabrina, were you as excited to get to the sequel afterwards?
Speaker 4: I was, I'm dying to get to so many of these sequels and I just see how they compared to each other.
Speaker 2: But also, like I said, I loved this was super creative.
Speaker 4: This and Descendants blew me away of how creative they are to do these very cool storylines. And then my god, the acting and dancing and just talent that these kids have.
Speaker 2: It just is like magical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I couldn't wait to see how these storylines evolved, And because we interviewed so many of them, we knew that they were going to be introducing new.
Speaker 2: I guess groups of characters or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Dicast on the.
Speaker 2: Original four of them. Yeah, they had a lot. So Zombies for me is like Godfather.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: One one is great? Yeah, two maybe even better than one and three.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we haven't seen the third one. Ye oh jeez, you know, I like, you know, you gotta finish it up.
Speaker 2: You got it up, you got it, you know.
Speaker 1: But but still great, but just not quite.
Speaker 2: As if you did never get to it, it would be okay.
Speaker 1: That would be okay, fair enough, Okay, well, okay, now I can't wait to see the third one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now let's get into our synopsis.
Speaker 1: Though, cheerleader Addison and zombie Z face a new challenge to their school's harmony when mysterious where wolves arrive in Seabrook. Were Wolves was this exciting? Were you guys both excited that they threw were wolves in?
Speaker 7: Loved it, thrill, loved it, loved and thought they did the werewolves in such a good way too.
Speaker 1: Totally well, especially for dancing, singing were wolves, which are like the least nor of the were.
Speaker 5: Wolves sexy, sexy, where you were I never like.
Speaker 2: A girl life have thought, well, I'd like to be a were wolf.
Speaker 5: Watching this movie, I'm like, all right, if I had to beast from the undead, I would be a werewolf.
Speaker 7: They do talk, they do talk about how they have great hair, so I think the monster for you.
Speaker 5: But they also still get like vampire teeth, which I know we're supposed to be like dog like ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the eyes.
Speaker 1: Sexy Twilight wolves.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yeah, in Twilight they actually turn into wolves.
Speaker 1: So I actually liked that.
Speaker 2: This was just it was easy to like just I just got humans.
Speaker 4: They were still humans if they just had like these werewolf qualities that like would come out, especially when they were being fierce.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: No, it was better in Twilight. The whole time they're walking around with their shirts off in the rain, I just kept thinking, how are you not getting sick every year? That was going through my head, and as you've been.
Speaker 2: Sick for a year, not what the rest of the fan base was thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 1: Zombies two was directed by dcom master Paul Howen, which we've talked about. We've just been dominated by his filmography lately, but to remind you, he started on Kids Incorporated. I won't sing the theme song Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Alex Mack and then eventually got into the channel's movie Biz with and you could recite this list with me by now, Luck of the Irish, you wish read it and weep Jump in Cheetah Girls, One World, Camp, Rock to Let It Shine, and now the entire Zombies franchise. What a frickin' legend. The movie stars the returning Milo Manheim as Zed We love Milo so much and unknown when he was cast in Zombies. He's since appeared on the Connors in Somewhat Adult Decom which we also love, prompacked Eli Ross Thanksgiving, which I'm guessing is a scary Thanksgiving, and in the Suprena Carpenter music video for Feathers, which is a whole bunch of words I don't understand.
Speaker 2: In a row It's just feather, feather?
Speaker 1: Oh is it feather? There you go? Is that okay? Does she do that with cappuccino? I don't know, it's espresso. I don't know what's going on. She just needs to we need to talk about how she's dressing.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is the only son, of course, of Emmy and Golden Globe winner Cameron Manhein Meg.
Speaker 2: Donnaldy Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was on Dancing and he was on Dancing with the Stars, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: He was and he was so good. I mean, I.
Speaker 1: I've never watched Dancing with the.
Speaker 3: Stars, Meg Donnelly. Friend of the show is Addison.
Speaker 1: She was also a new name when she entered the Zombie universe and has since released pop music of her own and played Taylor Auto on the show American Housewife. Friend of the show, Trevor Toorgman plays Bucky. He's hilarious and we interviewed him for this very podcast, as we did Meg, so you can go find those on our dedicated feed. He is an incredible dancer who was on the Next Step for over one hundred and thirty episodes and recently appeared in the new hilarious seth Rogen show The Studio.
Speaker 3: Then we got Chandler Kinney. She's a new addition to Zomblies. She played Willa. Chandler had already been on some.
Speaker 1: Disney TV shows that I'm sure you're aware of, one of them called Girl Meets World Not familiar with It and Casey Undercover, but also starred in the television version of Lethal Weapon. She also later played Tabby on Pretty Little Liar's Original Sin. She was also on Dancy with the Stars producer Lisa Thank You, also on Dancing with the Star. Ariel Martin, known as Baby Ariel, is also a new edition as Winter. Ariel's career began with popular lip sync videos on an app called Music dot Lee, which would turn into a little something called the TikTok Her massive following turned into a real Hollywood career, appearing on Bizarre Vark and it's just musically not music dot l y as old Magil said, and I'm saying TikTok am I saying that correctly. Thank You, appeared on biz Vark and Henry Danger, then getting the call for Zombies two. She also recently appeared in the movie Suncoast Danielle shooting it at you is Bizarre Vark. It's what it is. Yeah, it's a strange name. Danielle favorite character in Zombies go Willa Bamn interesting like that.
Speaker 2: I am obsessed with all things Willa. I think she her.
Speaker 5: Dancing, She is so stunningly beautiful. I cannot keep my eyes off her. Her singing is amazing. She definitely has a lot of good character development and like, I understand her motivations, I understand why, I understand everything that's going on for her.
Speaker 2: I think she's I just in Zombies too. Willa is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, love that. Zombies' two runs O g'z people ninety four minutes. This is awkward because we're big Zombies fans here, But that's four minutes.
Speaker 2: Past, four minutes past the perfect movie.
Speaker 1: I know we can all agree is say it with me. Sabrina too long. Well, let's see if we can get over it. But a bad decision by a beloved film franchise here, four minutes too long. It's okay, we're gonna stick with it.
Speaker 2: Four minutes is better than like eight or twelve.
Speaker 3: It's hey, we've had some that are a one hundred and something minutes.
Speaker 2: They probably could tell you where they could cut those four minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you could have some of those dance.
Speaker 5: Numbers where there's like not even words happening, there's just dancing and like yeah and.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and we're I'm like, we could have just trim trim those out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trim it a little bit. We would have been ninety minutes. We'll talk to Paul about doing a director's cut that's ninety minutes long. Thank you, We Will. Zombies two is or Again. Zombie is di is written by David Light and Joseph Rasso, And we talked about this during Zombies one, But this whole franchise is based on a pilot they shot for Disney called Zombies Versus Cheerleaders. The show was not picked up by the channel, but when it came time to think about dcom ideas, this once again popped up, and the rest is history, just now in a different format, the longer format. It's a nine hour pilot now. And of course we can't talk about a Zombies movie without the mention of the Disney Records soundtrack. It was released in conjunction with the film's debut and featured new original songs by the cast. The first single was we Got This, an incredibly savvy move by the company. They also dropped a mashup of We Own the Night from this movie and Night Falls from their also recently released Descendants three. Synergy at its best, people, and it got obviously a ton of Disney radio area.
Speaker 7: God they are so smart, smart people.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: The soundtrack has garnered over two hundred million streams and sold over two hundred and fifty thousand records. Favorite song right now? What were your favorites? Danielle Sabrina go we Own the Night.
Speaker 5: Yes, give it all the Grammys, give it, the Grammys, give it, the Oscars, give it an Emmy.
Speaker 2: We Do to Night is a bop.
Speaker 4: I didn't go back and rewatch it, but when they were at the prom, Sorry, I'm skipping forward.
Speaker 2: That song came back right. That was from the first movie. Yes, so is a crossover? Correct, Yes, they bring that one back sometimes.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jez.
Speaker 2: Yes, I loved it that part.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh yes, because it's to me still, I think that's still the best song.
Speaker 2: And I oh, you like the romance song. I normally don't.
Speaker 4: I am very sappy, but I normally don't. I normally like the high energy one. But that song, to me is just so good. It stands out.
Speaker 5: They're harmonizing and that song is gorgeous. I do like that song, but no, I got a dance. I want to shake my booty. That song can come out when I I've made several comments about wanting to do a Parent's Night out dance club where it starts at six and goes till nine and everyone's asleep by ten and and But the music that needs to be played has to be a mix of modern day and nineties like stuff that people our age love. But also because we all have kids, or most of us have kids, it has to include some of our kids' favorite music because honestly, some of those are bops too. We Own the Night is like the number one song I think of I want to dance to at my my parents club.
Speaker 3: It's just that's all the best.
Speaker 1: It is a great song. I would also need to let It Go in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Just because from from Frozen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great song. I sing it all the time, my.
Speaker 2: Literally my least favorite song of all time.
Speaker 1: Then I know what I'm getting you.
Speaker 2: The songs in the world let It Go could really I'm.
Speaker 1: Not only going to sing that for you on tape, but I'm going to sing it with this Scientis infection so it sounds even better. And you just like it's just gonna be played on a loop. You're gonna love it. Okay, Wow, Okay, everybody, let's get the Moonstone because it's time for a recharge and let's get into this movie. We open on an animated sequence with Zed and Addison telling us how great life has been between humans and zombies and Seabrook now, but it wasn't always like that. Legend has it. When settlers first arrived, they found wild beasts with sharp claws. The settlers had to fight off an attack and in the process found a precious energy source to hide it from the beasts forever. They protected it by hiding it in a secret spot, and now the town is rich from harnessing the energy, and the beasts are a distant memory. The town forgot monsters even existed until there was an explosion that the energy plant years ago, creating zombies and the premise for our franchise, and then we get the title. Zombies too were thrown onto the beach where Zed emerges from the sand mimicking zombies return from the grave. A handful of nearby kids scream, but he is just playing around. Zombies and Seabrook are now just part of the community, joined by his little sister Zoe, who is adorable. Ze explains all of the old anti monster laws were abolished and once segregated and now upgraded, zombie Town is now open to everyone, including Z's football coach who just opened a froyo kart during the off season as a side hustle.
Speaker 2: Is this the number one movie to talk about froyo?
Speaker 7: Is this?
Speaker 2: I can't think of another movie that mentions froyo.
Speaker 7: I mean it's like part of like a sort of part of the storyline too. It's not just like an offset, like they bring it back and talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Wolves are like also they have froyo. It's like they really. I was wondering if maybe they were gonna do a froyo spinoff.
Speaker 1: You never know. Yeah, there's that one. Yeah, that one Western Froyo Johnson and Theros that was different, but this could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was trying to think of back in twenty twenty, like was that the start of I'm like, no, you'll get a little bit around for Pinkberry and all thees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was dinner sometimes it was such a big thing talked about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way out in La Pinkberry still not as good as pink Dot. Just for the record, true, thank you. We also learned that in a few days they will be tearing down the long defunct Seabrook power plant to make way for a new cheer pavilion as the accidental birthplace of the town zombies. This is a major step for the city and Zed has no problem taking credit for it. And Zed's dead has been hired as a foreman for the demo crew, so it's coming up roses for everybody. And then we enter cheer camp. Dozens of pink clad tumblers and gymnasts and the school's mascot, Shrimpy, eagerly practiced for a week of activities. Addison, their best friend Bree, could not be more excited. Addison claims the cheer squad is now unified, but cheer Captain Bucky, Oh, Bucky, Addison's cousin, still runs a very tight and anal ship.
Speaker 3: Danielle, do you love Bucky as much as we do?
Speaker 2: Listen, I really I like Bucky.
Speaker 5: There are a few moments where I think Bucky allowed someone told him how funny he was, and someone was like, you're hilarious, And then there are a couple of moments where he was like, if I just push a little bit, it'll be even funnier, because everything I do is great, And I wished maybe somebody had said, you're doing.
Speaker 2: A little much you're at a ten. We need you had an eight.
Speaker 3: I thought exactly the same thing in this movie.
Speaker 1: It was like, ooh, he's pushing a little hard, a little hard.
Speaker 5: He's so he is still so funny, but there are a couple of moments that I think could have been even funnier.
Speaker 2: If he wasn't so wink wink.
Speaker 7: Agree on hundred, I think I do see how from the first movie he was given that feedback. He was absolutely he was great in the first movie.
Speaker 2: He did the same. He did the perfect amount in the first movie.
Speaker 1: He really did.
Speaker 2: He was over the top, but it wasn't too much. It was great.
Speaker 5: It was the feedback he then just It's like I wish somebody had said, listen, you can't believe all the good, because if you do, then you have to believe all of the bad. And so just just keep being you don't allow what the feedback you've heard to change anything about what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more. And for the record, it happens to the best of us. I've have episodes of Boy Meets World where I did exactly the same thing. I was told I was the funniest guy in the room, and I pushed too hard.
Speaker 2: It just it just happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: You love that we have an interview with him and how he came up with this character and like his girlfriend was filming him for his audition piece, and you know, like he just kind of saw it and just went for it.
Speaker 1: And they love that.
Speaker 4: They were not expecting him to be that kind of character when it was great in the first movie.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah agreed. Bucky, alongside Shrimpy, tells the squad about the bloodthirsty monsters that used to live in the Seabrook Woods who reportedly would eat cheerleaders, but calls those stories silly and make believe. He points out top squad members Lacey, Stacey, and jac known collectively as the Aces, to lead the A Team Veterans, then assigns Addison and Brie as leaders of the Z Team Newbies, which includes zombies for the first time. I'me ever, Danielle. Were you a cheerleader? Oh? Man?
Speaker 2: I wanted to be a cheerleader so bad.
Speaker 7: You were working right.
Speaker 2: I was on Boy Meets World, so I couldn't be a cheerleader, but all of my girlfriends were cheerleaders.
Speaker 1: Who was a cheerleader my mom was a.
Speaker 2: Song leader in the high school, and so like that was was so cool. She went to.
Speaker 5: Lawera in Anaheim. Okay, so my mom was a song leader in high school. I went to Calabasas High and all my friends were cheerleaders, and it was like I would think to myself, Yes, if if I were not working, I would.
Speaker 2: Have been on show, television show.
Speaker 5: I would have been a forgotten cheerleader for Calabasas High, a forgotten one.
Speaker 1: Oh. We are now back at the power plant. Zed runs into his best friend Eliza, who god I love so much, who is protesting the demolition. She says it's an important part of zombie history, but Ze sees his progress. Zombies can even go to the high school.
Speaker 5: Prawn now ty In and Shrimpy. There's also maybe a little too much Shrimpy in this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot too much. I was afraid one of you is gonna be like a big shrimp head.
Speaker 1: Okay, shellfish in this I get it. It was like it was it took that.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get into the came its own character for no reason. So who is allowing Shrimpy to drive the bus?
Speaker 1: Well we'll get into that, because that I don't. I didn't understand that at all, but it's also parts of this movie. It was like it took. The first movie was tongue in cheek and this was tongue in cheekier and a little bit far at times for me. Yes, but anyway, Yes, the prawn now, of course is the problem, and it's a super sized prowm on Saturday on Saturday Night.
Speaker 3: But Eliza isn't sold. She returns to protesting like.
Speaker 1: She's in rage against the machine. Z also reminds us of the z the bracelet technology that keeps zombies rage at bay, helping their species coexist with humans. We're now back at cheer camp. The veterans of the newbies will compete for the cheer Camp cop, something the vets always win, but with Addison or Z squad ready for the competition, hey, anything can happen. Addison also reminds us all about her hair, which is still bright white, a reveal at the end of Zombies One when she removed her wig and debuted a unique birth effect that's the perfect target for bullying. One of our other favorite zombies from the first movie, meet Heead Bonzo, is also a camper ready to stop the competition which is starting now. Addison leads a group into a routine and cheer, also kicking off our first song, Better than Ever. It's a duet with the cheer team and Zed and allies over at the plant. The gist of the song, Addison praises her squad, Bucky diss is it, Zed praises the plant demolition, and Eliza fears it, and Zed announces his plan to take Addison to Prawn and make the school's Wall of fame together. What did we think of the first song? Better than Ever?
Speaker 4: I was like, yes, finally, Why did it take so oh damn long for them to start dancing and doing what I need them to do?
Speaker 2: You're right, it was. It was a slow burn getting it.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 7: However, then I'm going because I've got will now, I have Will in the back of my head here always talking right, And the.
Speaker 4: Rules of this competition were non existent, and id I'm big on rules.
Speaker 2: Really big on rules, and I'm like, it's right.
Speaker 4: I mean, the first team goes and does a completely different obstacle and then all of a sudden, our zombies are just allowed to zip line.
Speaker 1: Like that's all ship.
Speaker 7: They didn't win the cup.
Speaker 2: They took a different direction.
Speaker 5: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: However, the dancing was was great and I loved the song it was it got me.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm in Sabrina's head to the point where she's now questioning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, this is garbage. He didn't bump me, didn't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't win.
Speaker 2: The wall change the wall changed you. I mean like you prepared. They prepared. They were like, listen, if we're going to win this, we have to do an obstacle course. And honestly they were right. If you were to just compare those two things, yeah one is better than the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah great. This is also where we get our first sign of the extra money spent on the sequel, because Bucky shoots a new cheerleader through the air with a large water cannon and nothing says big budget cannon.
Speaker 3: He got all, yeah, you've got a water cannon budget.
Speaker 1: You know you're doing good. By the way, I don't know if you're aware of this, Danielle, but the budget for Zombies four was forty million dollars. Three d COM for forty million dollars for the for z four. That's where the d COM is nowadays. Forty million dollars.
Speaker 2: How much are the How much of that do you think went to.
Speaker 1: Paul thirty eight million?
Speaker 7: Wells, yeah, exactly if he took some hits with some of the other movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah again Dad. It is now the last day of cheer camp and time for the final challenge. The newbies would have to crush the final course in order to win. But Z Squad, they're not giving up. Uh okay. We talked about the Sabrina. You're the resident dance judge, good dancing. What do you think are we seeing the sequel? Is it a step up? I see what you did dance joke.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was.
Speaker 5: More.
Speaker 4: There's a thing about it. It's a thing I was going to say at Sabrina Seas, but I'll just say it now. I was distracted by the age of the dancers this movie so much that I could really I had to rewind and watch this.
Speaker 5: Everyone was eighteen to play younger, No like twenty five, twenty eight, that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it was like they were a lot.
Speaker 4: Older looking, and it was off putting because the rest of the cast, I think is casts really well. They age, They're all appropriate, every single one of them. Well, the main main ones. Some of the b characters not so much. But I was a little distracted this first one, though I was in. I start to get more and more by the.
Speaker 1: Time the possibility that if they didn't spend so much time dancing, they would do better at school, and they've just been held back because all they're doing is dancing. Maybe you are study and you can.
Speaker 2: Get gaywise, we know how much you love to study, so they really.
Speaker 1: Should have taken study.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: The song ends with the z team making the ultimate comeback and winning the trophy, but to Bucky's dismay, he didn't want that to happen. We also see Zed leaving zombie Town to meet Addison, set now to return from camp as a champion. At the camp, Bucky also annun says he'll be running for and most likely winning, the position of school class president, which means they'll need a new cheer captain. The Aces want to take over, but b suggests that Addison is the perfect candidate because she would unify the team. We are now in the bus back home, which as Daniel pointed out, was driven by Shrimpy. Okay reveals she wants Bonzo to ask her to prawn. But he can't even look at her, but he's carving an apple with her perfect likeness. Addison wonders if Zed just flat out forgot about asking her, but he definitely has it. In fact, he's working on something down the road with his sister. The bus passes a trip wire, triggering a sign that says, Addison, will you go to the prawn with? And then bam, the bus crashes into Zed, who was working on finishing his big prawn posal. He's been flung on the top of the bus as it speeds down the road for miles, as if there aren't breaks in the.
Speaker 4: Bus driven by a mascot who cannot see out of his mascot, you.
Speaker 1: Can't see where the break is. He doesn't know.
Speaker 2: He can't look down, he only can look straight, and he can't find it.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm thinking is the hit the brick.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even slow down. It's like, what is going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That part, that's the one thing I didn't believe.
Speaker 1: I didn't believe it.
Speaker 2: I didn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I didn't didn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get, I get you have to end up in the forbidden forest, but come on, you're nine miles with this guy on the top.
Speaker 2: We're four minutes long. Guess what, I don't need this stunt. Yeah, you crash into Z. He's on top.
Speaker 5: The guy slams onto Shrimpy slams on his brakes, Z goes flying off and we continue save at least a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wanted to end up in the forbidden forest? Is the point? Like, there's better ways to do it than not hitting the brakes.
Speaker 4: Well, we also highlight on how Disney when they come across these like very dangerous things and I put like thirteen minutes and we've almost killed Zed and a bus full of children.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct with head is watching is driving it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time you work for Disney, they always s and P is like make sure the kids are buckled up.
Speaker 3: Everyone has to be wearing SEP. But the giant shrimp can drive the bus.
Speaker 5: Come on, I mean one of my favorite one of my favorite notes from Girl Meets World took place in New York and there was a line where someone asked one of the kids, said, come on, let's go grab a slice after school, and and Disney was wondering if maybe we could say a fruit bowl instead. Oh my gosh, yeah, well you want to go, you want to go grab a fruit.
Speaker 1: Bowl like we do in New York, like all kids all step over the needles to buy a fruit bowl. So that that was a very strange thing. He's flung on the top of the bus. It speeds down the road, everyone screaming is holding out for dear life. Eventually, he jumps off just as the buss, of course, crashes into the woods. Don't let shrimp drive people. Addison tries to check on Zed, but instead finds herself in the very scary part of the forest with whispering all around her. She tears her uniform on a passing tree and it's quickly surrounded by growling and howling high school age kids. She's grabbed by the arm instinctually punches, only to see that was z. She apologizes. They embrace. They're very, very happy to see.
Speaker 2: You, yes, Adison.
Speaker 1: Addison tells the cheer squad they're surrounded by where wolves. As a result, Bucky races to the school. Him jumping off the bus was that was a laugh out loud moment. For dives off the bus, but he races to the school to let everyone know their discovery and calls an emergency school meeting because he's the cheer captain, so of course he can do that. Addison tells her aunt Missy Mayor Sebrook, and her uncle Dale, the principal of the school, that everything's fine, but Aunt Missy isn't hearing it. She's got to do something about this. She starts the meeting by reinstating the anti Monster Laws. I have questions. The Zobbies are devastated, but the humans applaud well, everyone except Addison, who calls it unfair. Okay, so now the monster laws, They're still allowed to go to school, they just can't go to the prom.
Speaker 2: This does not correlate with the first movie. The entire movie.
Speaker 1: You can't play football and he can't go to the prom.
Speaker 2: There's a curfew.
Speaker 1: You have to be still allowed to go to the high school.
Speaker 2: Right, well, yeah, because you have to educate them.
Speaker 1: But they in the first movie the anti Monster laws, they weren't allowed to go to school with them. That drove me nuts. This is where the rules were out the window, and I'm like, ah, hell, will is gonna lose it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just I was like, what I don't understand? Is this a municipal law? Is this a county law, Like, I didn't understand what was going on, so they they lost me a little. Yeah, anyway, they're now reunited. Zed throws a little attitude at Addison. Why didn't she write or respond to any of his letters? She insists she did, Actually she did a lot, but the Aces shredded all of their letters to make pom poms. With that, z bends down in one knee and asser to prawn, but she quickly says no. She's like, no, no, no, because the anti monster laws banned zombies from going to pron but not anything else.
Speaker 2: Apparently, you know what, this is one of my first This is when I have two notes on this in this movie about please. This is where it's very clear they eighty R.
Speaker 5: This is the first one when Addison is smiling at him after she says no, and he's like he's bombed, and then he realizes, oh, that's why you said no, and then he's like, oh, we just have to get rid of these blood thirsty werewolves and she smiles.
Speaker 2: She smiles.
Speaker 5: At the end, they added her going they added a chuckle through her smile, but you can totally tell it's eight R.
Speaker 1: So she's just like this.
Speaker 2: And we'll get to the next one when it comes up. But this is my first EIGHTR moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great one. Yes. Hey. If the were wolves, though Zed says, are all that stand of the way of them going as a couple, then he promises he's going to fix it, which had been the big smile on his face, which is very funny me. Meanwhile, it is chaos in Seabrook as word of the reinstated monster laws and were wolves make the rounds. Zombies are rushing back to zombie Town to make curfew. Even coaches Froyo card is closed for good. It's hitting everybody, but little Zoe is they're fraid of the werewolves. She tells a very suspicious plant worker she wants to find one because she wants a ware friend. But of course that plant worker is actually an undercover scout, a werewolf named Wyatt, who has returned to the forest with a glowing necklace. His eyes turned red and his fang sharpened. As he returns the gem back to his neck. He breaks the news to another werewolf, his sister Willa. They have been exposed, but Willa isn't concerned, but Wyatt knows they need to find the great Alpha to lead them to the Moonstone. And this is where my fantasy head was going. Okay, I love quest. Yeah, werewolves need energy for the necklaces or they will die without it. Whyatt needs to find the girl with the white hair? Oh but will it doubts and Alpha even exists? Whytt has that piece of Addison's uniform she snagged on the tree and notices it from sebro Kai. I knew where this joke was going, and I was so happy, I thought when one of them was like, yes, we can smell her out and he's like, well, her name's on the back, Like that's kind of where I thought.
Speaker 9: It was going.
Speaker 5: This is the second moment of big time adr literally Yah's so it does. It happens very fast in this scene where she's like, I don't even think the Alpha exists and he says she's real and she's going to lead us to the Moonstone. Then there is there are at least three rather long shots where Wyatt is not on camera at all while he.
Speaker 2: Says and you know, we don't have much time.
Speaker 5: Our pack is getting sick, our necklaces are almost out of power.
Speaker 2: We need to find the Moonstone.
Speaker 1: All through.
Speaker 2: He's not on camera for a moment of that.
Speaker 5: It's all behind him while they're doing reaction shots of everyone else. And then the other female wolf, not Willa, she says and then when she does, we can recharge our necklaces. And so I know that what happened was they went from him saying she's real and she's going to lead us to the Moonstone, to that girl saying and when she does, we can recharge our necklaces.
Speaker 2: But they were like, we need more, didn't explain.
Speaker 5: Anything, didn't explain that the moonstones need to be recharged.
Speaker 2: So they did it all in ADR, and I was like, oh man, this ADR is doing some work.
Speaker 1: The entire plot of the film. Oh that's so funny. That's true. Yes, so yeah, they've been exposed. But Willa, she's not concerned. They have to find the great Alpha, the Moonstone, all this stuff. The girl with the white hair, Wyatt has a piece of Addison's uniform, as we said, snagged on the tree. And notice this is from seabrook. Hi He's ready to go find her, and Willa will join him tonight. And this is when we get our collective favorite song and big set piece we All the Night, a big introduction song for the newest edition to the Zombie Universe, wear Wolves. We didn't even talk about this song because we love it. We love it. This was a great song. This was a great song performance. Yeah, it's like the were Wolf Gang. It was so cool. The Werewolves.
Speaker 4: So those actors are above twenty eight thirty. They are brilliant and wonderful dancers.
Speaker 2: They really were. They were so good.
Speaker 7: They took on that character of being a were wolf and they just they hit the market.
Speaker 2: Was so good, so good?
Speaker 1: Did am I the only one who kind of wished they added a little bit of sound effect or some kind of gravitas to their howls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, instead of just they were a little weak. They were a little weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were weak being electronic something kind of cool. To give that howl a little more umph would have been would have been great. That was my only problem, was like, oh, they're they're just kind of doing a howl anyway. They were wolves with their children in tow because they're all thirty, have now arrived at school, where they decide to hide an event and wait until morning. And the next day when Zed and Adison arrive at school, she's still bummed about Prawn, but he knows he's going to save the day. He doesn't want her to skip Prawn. I keep saying Prawn, and it's just now sounds weird in my head. So he has an idea. We fast forward to a big school president nomination pep rally. The band starts playing, a large banner is rolled out, and Bucky He's presidential campaign has begun too great fanfare. But what he didn't expect is that Zed is also going to announce his candidacy, which of course infuriates the cheer captain. Even with the newly reinstated anti monster laws, which makes no sense, Zed can officially run for president. If he wins, he will allow zombies to go to Prawn, take Addison, and then be immortalized on the Prawn Wall of Fame. And with that, the battle for school President has been said. Which is the moon, of course, that the were wolves finally emerge from the air vent. They know the Alpha is near and they're afraid of nothing, well except silver and ticks and Rabi's But back at the PEP rally, in the middle of Zaid's announcement, the were wolves enter the auditorium and everyone goes running, even the zombies. The wolves immediately make a b line for Addison, but Zed and his football teammates surround her, creating a very gnarly face off. Well it demands the Moonstone from Adison, but she has no idea what the hell they're talking about.
Speaker 3: But Eliza has an idea. If they remove their z bands and zombie out, they.
Speaker 1: Can you know, get rid of the zombies. No, they can ward the wolves away. But Zed of course isn't having it. They are not monsters, and just as the were wolves are about to attack, whyatt realizes they can't attack the whole town. They'll never get the moonstone if everyone is on high alert. Willa agrees and everyone stands down for now. Will apologizes and lies, claiming that since the Forbidden forces in the school district, they just want to enroll, which then it's Zed and Addison going, okay, you're now in the school.
Speaker 3: As if they have the power to enroll an entire pack of were wolves.
Speaker 1: That's okay, they're high school.
Speaker 2: Come on, they're very powerful in this movie.
Speaker 5: Zed and Addison have so much power from this first movie and they were just like no one's gonna.
Speaker 1: Argue, congratulations, you are now officially in school. Here you go.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Later that same day, Zed, Eliza, and even Bonzo are now actively campaigning in the quad. Zed knows zombies will vote for him, humans will vote for Bucky. They split right down the middle of the school. The were wolves are now the swing vote because of course they've been there for a day. They are in fact Ohio, so he can win the werewolves over. He just needs to teach him how to fit in, which of course is not going to be easy. And then Addison arrives and announces she is officially in the running for cheer captain and is running the practice tomorrow, which is a very big deal. But this causes a major problem because the only way Addison can oh follow me here people, because this is where it gets crazy. Only way Addison can become cheer captain is if Bucky wins the election, and that would mean Zed lost, so it's a real catch twenty two. But they both agree right there they can live with the results either way as long as they have each other. Yeah, that's love. People in the library, Addison notices why it is spying on her and another werewolf, Quirky Winter tries to intimidate Bree by eating her homework. The doggy my homework very funny joke, and Willa has her own issues. She's read the school's history books and it claims where wolves attack the Seabrooks settlers, but she knows that's a lie. We actually learned the settlers struck first and stole the moonstone. Wow, history is written by the winner people. That's just how it is. A gem that we also learn messes with electron x foreshadowing. I would say so much foreshadowing.
Speaker 2: Remember this, people, this comes back.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, this is six shadowing. It's not even five shadowing. It's so much. Later on, the wolves are hanging out in zombie Town, complaining about the way that they've been treated so far. When Zed and Eliza approach to Pander for votes, Eliza promises that as zombie president, will represent them as newcomers in the town. Zed's done it before, but Winter says they don't need more friends. Eliza points out that zombies and werewolves are a lot alike. The moonstone necklace is a lot like their z band, but actually it's the opposite. That's what we come to learn. Zed suggests they try to fit in like the zombies did. Join a club, play football, just lighten up, and we get our third song of very Bruno mars Uptown funk inspired track, cold, like the Zombies do. This is Zed's advice to the werewolves for fitting in, but it doesn't seem like it's working. What do you think of song number three?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Sabrina. I really liked it. I like how it it they end up going.
Speaker 4: It's like a battle and then it's combined and it goes back and forth, like I loved.
Speaker 2: I loved this movie, but I love this part of it.
Speaker 7: I also think I am not as big of a fan of the cheerleading dancing in this movie.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it in the first movie either.
Speaker 7: So when it's the zombies and the werewolves, now okay, like so good all hands down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this reminded me so much of like a Michael Jackson music video, like you know, the chan the dance off, a cool dance off with great music. And I love that the were wolves we get their personality. They're like kind of sarcastic, where you know they put on the hat, they're like, it's invaluable to us, right, and then we see them like.
Speaker 2: Throw the hats on the ground, like I just love all that.
Speaker 5: I love the way they incorporate their personalities into the lyrics.
Speaker 4: It's just I love they showcase the way the zombies move with their arms versus the way that the yea, you know how they've got more of like a gral effect for the where well, you can definitely see the style choice, which is so.
Speaker 2: Good for this choreographer to do. This choreographer was good, really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is also a perfect Disney being Disney in that it's a song about the differences between doing what you have to do to fit in and staying true to yourself, which is just such a Disney thing.
Speaker 3: It's still teaching a lesson, but doing it in their fun kind of way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we are now back at school. Zed knows his pulling numbers are bad. Eliza says he needs to deliver a killer speech tomorrow, but Ze's strategy is a little different. He's haging in pictures all over campus, depicting him as more human, forcing voters to forget he's a zombie, and this, of course does not make Eliza happy. And now it's time for the big Addison led cheer practice. She's ready to start, but the team is distracted and scared. The entire pack of were wolves menacingly watch on from the bleachers, and instead of kicking him out, Addison invites the group to join in on the fun, and as a result, we get a dance number with both the cheer team and the new werewolves, and yes, everyone knows the same dancer team immediately without practicing and talking about it in any way, shape or form. It ends the big finish, making the cheerleaders and were wolves new friends that kiss off anybody else or that.
Speaker 4: Just here, I will say this is where the change starts to happen, and you start to realize that they're talking in these musical numbers more than they're actually singing words because of the difference of style. It's more of like a hip hop are in the zone to where they're doing more talking. So that's where people can start like going, that's not the kind of musical I like.
Speaker 2: I like it when it's an actual song versus like there's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're speaking lines with more of just like a melody versus an actual song. So this is when I started going. This was the first time I went, oh, this is different for me, and I'm not sure if I like it. I'm starting to do I like this or not. I.
Speaker 5: As someone who generally leans more toward will with my feeling of musicals, I actually prefer this.
Speaker 2: I prefer the.
Speaker 5: Hip hop version of it, where it's rhythmic and musical like music ish without being like full song and dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I like it in the difference. This is what I see the biggest difference between this franchise and high school musical. Yes, yes, yes, very big different style.
Speaker 1: Of totally and I think I like I prefer this style of musical to the high school musical musical.
Speaker 2: Like, there are moments still that we get both of it. It's a nice this one's a nice hybrid.
Speaker 1: It is it definitely is that and Eliza enter just as the dance ends, and they notice why it is really into Addison Z thinks she's just trying to win some votes, so he's not threatened spoiler alert, he's threatened meanwhile, Why it tells out that's true? Whyatt tells Adison that wolves work well together, and when she reminds him she's not a wolf. For some reason, he doesn't seem very sold on that maybe she is. Bucky also announces that Addison will be his official replacement when he wins the election. She's thrilled, but why. It reminds her she's a born leader and there are things greater than cheer. He touches her hand in a passionate way just to drive the point home, and that's when she notices poor z saw it all. He's clearly but hurt, so she runs after him. He complains about how easy the werewolves have been able to fit in while it was just so difficult for the zombies. He just wants to win the election and take Addison to Prawn, but she faults him for having to lose his identity in the process. He then delivers a two cheat, reminding her that she wore a wig for the entire first movie and I audibly yelled oh snap while watching that, which I think is something the kids still say.
Speaker 3: But let's be honest, this relationship is fading fast.
Speaker 1: Addison admits her current identity crisis and runs off just in time for a new song. Yes, and this is the quiet. This is now become a trope that we've noticed in the musicals of breaking off and having a ballad yes, but always in the high school hallway. We've seen him in high School Musical and it's just I'm walking down. This one is called Gotta Find Where I Belong, and they sing it as Addison and Z separately roam the school pouting about how they feel alone and can't connect with anybody or each other.
Speaker 3: This is more of a ballad. Did you did you both like this kind of song?
Speaker 1: Or was it a little?
Speaker 2: This isn't my favorite. I don't love it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why because again comes for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's fair, because we do like we do know already and I've already seen Addison and Z slam down just like the best ballad together in the first movie.
Speaker 2: This one didn't to me. This one didn't live up to that one.
Speaker 5: I agree that this song does not live up to the to the Sunday song from the first and especially what we see later with it. But but what I'll say from a relatability standpoint is that it totally makes sense that, first of all, there need to be some higher stakes between the two of them. If their relationship is just always rock solid and they're always connected and they're always together, then you get that scene earlier in the movie where it goes, well, no matter what happens, we're okay because we have each.
Speaker 2: Other, and we had to we had to show ooh, there's some cracks in.
Speaker 4: This in this relationship forty minutes into this powerhouse couple not being so damn perfect exactly.
Speaker 5: And so from that standpoint, I kind of liked it. I like that they both have their solo journeys where they're and they're they're struggling. But I don't necessarily know that this song is my favorite, right, yeah, favorite time, But I like I see, I see, I see the importance of it to the movie that it was me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we've.
Speaker 1: Seen this before. And if just ask Bella, if you want to ruin a relationship, throw a werewolf in. That's just all real.
Speaker 2: Yeah that it ends. Try to have a throuble with a werewolf.
Speaker 1: Good god, geez, because after you do what you gotta do in bed, he'll just sleep at the foot. That's the perfect way to do it. Once that emo song ends, which is what it is, Addison is at home and hears something at her front door. She expects it to be Z but no one's there. Just a large scratch, most likely left by a werewolf. She then looks up to see why in this whole pack of werewolves just staring at her, she needs to go with them. It's important. And the only thing going through my head was like, you could knock. You actually had to ruin my door.
Speaker 2: Why we'rrein the door? Did anyone just get scream vibes from this?
Speaker 1: I instantly went, oh my god, Yeah, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Yes, she was Drew Barrymore, I mean with the wig and everything as well. I was like, this is reminding me you scream a little bit, don't go outside.
Speaker 2: Shut the door.
Speaker 5: But that is another thing I like kind of about this movie, the the uh danger of the werewolves. They do a good job of keeping it through the entire thing. You're always like, I'm not sure I trust you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when are you gonna snap?
Speaker 5: Are you gonna be a part of us? That's what I kept waiting to happen, like when are you? When are we all going to? But no, they are like a editing point.
Speaker 2: We're gonna eat you all. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: I love that we're gonna rip you apart and kill you while singing and dancing.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's where they.
Speaker 2: Really get, so you're gonna enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly we are.
Speaker 1: Now while walking with her into the dark Forbidden Forest, Winter is clearly getting sicker. The wolves really need this moonstone to heal everybody. Meanwhile, just as curfew is announced, Zed finds Eliza and Bonzo and tells them he needs to find Addison to apologize, and just in time, reappears. Panicked. Addison texted her that she needs help, but she can't find her and she's not picking up her phone. Also, somehow, while worried that her best friend is dead, Breeze still finds time to flirt with Bonzo. Luckily, Eliza is able to track Addison's phone to the forest. And this can't be good because it's called the Forbidden Forest, but it actually is kind of cool. Addison has been introduced to the Wolf's Den, the were wolf headquarters that also looks kind of like a cool speed easy. She's welcomed by all the werewolves except Willa, who still doesn't trust her because she's human. But Wyatt has a vision. It's Addison as a werewolf, and more specifically, as the Great Alpha that can lead them to the Moonstone. But first another song. Uh a, before we get to the song. This might be because the first movie when they were kind of at the zombie it was I think the building where the zombies were created, where they did that first great dance scene where it was the real hip hop one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked like that club.
Speaker 3: Was my first That was my coolest set until this one.
Speaker 1: This is a really cool set. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a central light coming through the trees and the light flare, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was them walking into it that you're going, Okay, I'm starting to see where this upgraded budget's going, and I'm loving.
Speaker 1: It, loving it. Very cool. Now, what did you think of the song, which is called to the Wild, a track about the Great Alpha and the werewolf community, or were we fans of this?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 2: This was a good song too. Yeah, yeah, it's great. This is another one of those bops that you can put on and and dance to and happy.
Speaker 3: You close your club down at eight forty five.
Speaker 2: You're right, we could start with and this is this is how we end it.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely call to the Wild.
Speaker 1: As long as the call is very early in the night, we are fine, exactly.
Speaker 2: We're all good with it.
Speaker 1: We're all good with the yeah, because I normally don't answer the phone after dark. Willa chimes in with her hating ways as well. There's a very cool dance routine here that involves large sticks of bamboo in a cross between hopscotch and kind of limbo.
Speaker 3: Sabrina, you do a lot of danceing. Have you ever bamboo danced?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I haven't, but oh my gosh, I was watching it, going that looks like it was so sketchy to learn to. I mean, one false move and you're getting an ankle cracked, you know, But I thought it was cool, and I thought it you know, I do love We've seen this.
Speaker 2: We saw it in uh the Beach movie that teen Beach.
Speaker 4: We saw it in you know, high school musical Descendants where they're using props. I'm always down for a prop and it always puts it on another level because props are so hard to dance with.
Speaker 7: Yes, they are just so difficult. So this was pretty like pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: I was really like, yeah, I liked it too.
Speaker 5: I'm no, I'm no pro about dancing, but I completely agree watching it, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, Wow, this is number. Yeah, it was very very cool. Props are hard to dance with. I'm even harder. The song ends with Addison accepting her possible wear wolf roots and transforming into a version of the Great Alpha Now with this beautiful flowing hair and bohemian kind of wardrobe. She looked really cool. I love this transformation.
Speaker 4: I could not wait for her to get out of those awful uniforms. These cheer uniforms are so hideous, and this is so cool looking.
Speaker 2: She looked red. She looked like Galasi like she yes, so good, looks yes. The braids in the hair, Oh, it's so cool.
Speaker 7: Her makeup all just like dramatic.
Speaker 1: It was agreed and right then Zed and the gang find the den. They assume she's been kidnapped, and Zed rushes into savr. He rips off his z band, hoping he can do some damage by zombieing out for a battle. Now transforms. Zed kicks it off by tossing a wolf like twenty feet in the air, but before anything get out of hand, Addison slaps the band back onto Zad, calming him down immediately. She says, this is actually where she wants to be. This may be her pack that help text that she sent Brie was actually about chemistry homework. Oops.
Speaker 3: Will it now convinced Addison as one of them.
Speaker 1: Reveals the Great Alpha necklace. It's been set aside for centuries, so when she puts it on, if she fully transforms, then she is the leader they've been looking for. Instead of trying it immediately, she wants to think about it, and they give her a day to make the decision, which I thought was kind of weird in the movie, but where she's they're like, you are the Great Alpha. She's like, yes, could I take a DIY?
Speaker 2: Can I just get a moment? I think I'm gonna I just need some time to meditate on the sounds reasonable. It was so strange and they're like, that sounds reasonable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: I can jump on board with I think I think twenty four hours is the appropriate amount of time.
Speaker 1: Have they built it up though? It's like the Alpha, Yeah, yeah, I'll decide tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's like if someone proposes your job, Oh wow, I just want to talk it over with some people over just to sleep on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sold on this necklace, Maybe we can get a different one. Yeah, exactly is it coming in?
Speaker 7: You do I have to live in the den or do I just get free access to the den anytime?
Speaker 1: I will? Can I stay dean adjacent exactly?
Speaker 2: Really enjoy a bead? I not file, not my jam. Maybe we could hit a middle ground.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The group then, of course, like you do, feel as an earthquake. But it's just a test charge for the plant demolition tomorrow, because of course they test explosives first. The zombies are still concerned that their birthplace is being destroyed, but the Wolves don't care until Addison explains that Seabrook power was always fueled by a mysterious energy source.
Speaker 3: What if the source is the Moonstone they've been meeting, Which, again, if.
Speaker 1: The entire town is based on a strange power source everybody knows about that, then how the wolves did not know? But anyway, I'm letting it go. There's good singing and dancing, and they're using bamboo. I'm in. The Wolves buy into this and are now focused on saving the power plant, and it's possible Moonstone will it takes control of the pack, at least until Addison decides her future. The next day, Addison's still in where Wolf eats breakfast with her parents, who obviously have a lot of questions about her new look. Then at school, on the day of the big school president debate, Addison's new look is like it would be in high school. To the talk of the town. Zed finds Addison to tell her he's been up all night. She can't be a were wolf, but she loves that she found her people. Finally, she shows him the glowing moonstone necklace, and she says she's going to miss the debate to go find the wolves. She wishes Zed good luck and takes off. And this is the first time he's lost a face off, a boyfriend face off. It's like, Okay, go find your wolves. I guess I'll just go debate Bucky myself. Thanks for the support, lady. The power plant demolition is set for five pm, so the werewolves have gathered to set a strategy. Will and Why I continue to have a power struggle until Addison shows up. It's time she accepts her destiny as a full wolf. But when she reaches for the necklace, it's gone. She lost it. Now, I don't know why she thought she lost it, because she just showed it to Zed. It was obviously in there. Now she doesn't have it. Why wouldn't the first thing you think be damn it good my necklace?
Speaker 2: I tell you, why? How dare you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: You gotta be serious right now, said obviously Zed stole it.
Speaker 1: That would be the first thing you think, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Danielle's very suspicious. Absolutely Danny trusting. Yeah, No, Danielle would be like which one of you? Which one of you? But no Addison and Zed you.
Speaker 7: Adison immediately was like, damn it, zaid what appeal?
Speaker 1: Wow, she's very trusting then that because she lost it apparently in the thirty five feet from where she was before, he would know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like there was a big time ellapse. It was like I just showed him, just showed me.
Speaker 7: Even if it wasn't okay, Zed did it, I would at least go back and reach I lose I know all the time, so I know exactly what you need to do.
Speaker 2: Your steps, go.
Speaker 7: Back to the hallway that you were at when you opened the box.
Speaker 2: Right there with you.
Speaker 5: And I think she needs to if you you know what that's saying, if you have to hire a private investigator, it's already over.
Speaker 2: If you if you think immediately Zed took it.
Speaker 1: Guess what, you might as well let the guy go fair. That's fair. Okay, Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Okay, just because we want you to come back one day, We're going to.
Speaker 1: Agree with Danielle because he still zombies. Three and forty more to go. We're now back at the debate. Zed tells Eliza that he stole Addison's necklace. What Daniel's shock? He says, he just can't let her change into a werewolf and puts the necklace back into his pocket, and then there's no time to waste Buckians that are introduced for the debate, leading a straight into her next song, also noting that Bondzo is djaying here because of course every debate has a DJ and the song is called I'm Winning, which is a rap battle between the two candidates, which is clearly stolen right from Hamilton Presidential debate. From from Hamilton.
Speaker 5: I think to be generous, the generous way of saying it is heavily influenced, and it should be fair. It would be impossible for their like Hamilton was such a cultural phenomenon. It's impossible to not see media as before Hamilton.
Speaker 1: And after Hamilton.
Speaker 2: That's very true, and so this is just post Hamilton musical men rap battle thing. That's great.
Speaker 1: Now I have to ask you because you are a former winner on the TV show, dropped the mike where you so this was going to come up?
Speaker 2: I would have my award here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So what as as a rap battle champion? Literally? What did you think of this rap battle?
Speaker 5: I really like this rap battle. I'm I'm very impressed with Milo as a rap battler. I think he does everything he does? Is there anything this wee.
Speaker 2: They the world?
Speaker 1: It's As the battle gets more and more intense, Zed's z band now with the Moonstone, remember people, it messes with technology. Stuck on it, it starts malfunctioning and quickly turns him into a zombie.
Speaker 9: H oh.
Speaker 1: The terrified student Bonnie runs in every different direction while Zed tries his hardest to fight the urge. He can't let the school cmo as a monster. Eliza tries her hardest to talk some sense into him, but he throws a podium in anger. In a last ditch effort, she tries to make him remove the Moonstone from his band, and yep, that does the trick. Even though he's back to normal, the damage has been done Bucky is now a lock to win the election. That's furious, but he knows what he has to do. Meanwhile, the werewolves are met with power plant security when they arrive to stop the demolition. Addison didn't go with them, refinds her, and she's pouting in the school hallway about losing the necklace and letting her pack down. Her is only interrupted by the ze alarm, which I haven't heard in a while. There's monster activity at the power plant and Addison knows it's the wolves.
Speaker 3: Now she knows she's going to need everyone's help to go and save them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, and she's right. The standoff at the power plant has gotten more and more dangerous. Addison's dad, the mayor, and Dead's dad, the site's foreman, have both arrived to tell the pack they're trespassing, but the wolves explain they can't trespass on land that's supposed to be theirs. And just right when there's gonna be a throwdown, there's another song and more singing and dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this one Water on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yes, Flesh and Bone. It's a song about wherewolf pride and how they won't be stopped, which sounds great, But of course that's a lie because they are then quickly stopped by police tear gas.
Speaker 3: What did we think of this song and all the water and everything going on.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know if it was needed honestly interesting, it was good, a great production. I just don't think it was necessarily needed in the storyline. At this point, we're out, like, where are we on song number sixteen or seventeen?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah, a lot of songs on the B side at this point, A lot of tracks, a lot of them.
Speaker 2: So if there was maybe another one that maybe just cut in half or something. To me, it just was like not that.
Speaker 7: It wasn't great And it was the production and the water. You know me again, I told you you now, we're doing water. We've got props, water, all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Have you danced in water? Have you ever done a water dance scene?
Speaker 7: Not like a raining scene. It was, but we weren't like splsh splashing around in the rain.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it wasn't choreographed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the final took place in the rain.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that, everyone, everyone, everyone.
Speaker 1: I literally watched it again after this movie last night, not even a joke. I went right to the big splashy scene at the end.
Speaker 2: It was awesome, But this one was good. I thought it was good.
Speaker 7: I just I'm at the point where I'm kind of like, I don't know if we need how many more, because.
Speaker 1: I like, I liked this one though. I liked when the rest of them came in. So the Wrailwoad was arrested one by one and the demolition process begins. The power plant, the Moonstone, it's set on pace for destruction. But then Addison and the z team cheerleaders rhyme alongside the zombies, including Zed, They joined the Flesh and Bone song, arguing to save the plant. Mid song, Bonzo sets off the fire extinguisher fire sprinklers and this is the cool dancer team flash dance style. I when they were all in it at the end, I kind of thought this was a cool thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is exactly what we needed.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 5: May it could have maybe been a little shortened. It seemed like there was like a full song as part one, and then a full song with them together. Yeah, and maybe we could have given yeah one song, maybe twenty seconds of one, and then surprise, we're here too, and we're on your team. Because obviously we've got to merge the wolves and the z's, like, we've got to get them to be unified against the man and boys, the man, the mayor and the dad doing some work with their reactions.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are, Oh they are, they're they're they're living their lives on their face. Yeah, they certainly are.
Speaker 2: Just really I guess we got to look at these can't How do I see.
Speaker 1: The youth and it's like they're no longer trespassing because they're dancing. They're still trespassing, it's just boreography.
Speaker 2: But they're just more impressed with how good it looks exactly. I wasn't sure how they were holding the werewolves down either, like in the they were Was it like an electricity?
Speaker 1: No, I think they they they put the silver bracelets on them. Is that what they had? They had silver?
Speaker 4: Oh like the z Okay, I'm missed them up like controlling them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it was first the silver gas.
Speaker 2: It's like to a vampire, is the silver to a were wolf?
Speaker 9: Yea?
Speaker 2: To me, it was it was just that it was just that that was just what it was. It wasn't like electrical.
Speaker 7: I thought it seemed like it was going to be like, you're about to electrocute these kids.
Speaker 2: It was like, like, this seems a little over the top.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're trustpassing, I get it, but they're also high school kids.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, no, we were good. I think it was. I think it was the bracelets. Get the silver.
Speaker 2: Bracelets yea, which still burns them.
Speaker 1: But of course that we're good. They're dying anyway. We get a flashback here to Zed being persecuted for being a zombie in the first movie. He sings about knowing the struggle for his hand. They can't make this mistake again. We get a big final dance number here, everyone together dancing in front of confused police officers, which they would be. As the track ends, Zed begs his dad to stop the demolition. He thinks about it, and then he agrees with the sun. He tells his crew to shut it down and announces to start looking for the moonstone tomorrow. And apparently the foreman has more power than the mayor and anybody else, because he just shuts down the entire project. The zombies and where we'll celebrate their big win together. But Zed isn't happy. He's going to lose the election, and he can't take Addison to Prawn. Even though she promises him it's not a big deal. Zed knows it's bigger than that. He hands her the moonstone necklace and admits he stole it. She can't believe he do that, and now doesn't want to go to prom with him anyway. So what do you think of that? Zed? See she puts on the necklace and after a few seconds when she turns around a howl. Nothing changed, And did anybody else when you first saw this see this twist coming. I knew she wasn't going to be a were wolf. They said it. I was like, there's no way she's going to be the were wolf.
Speaker 9: It's set up.
Speaker 4: I agree, well, and we also know there's four movies, and I feel like that it's exactly where are we going? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know again thinking about this as being a relatable kid trying to figure out where you fit in. The thing that I will say is, although I knew for sure she was not going to be a werewolf, I believed.
Speaker 2: That she believed it was possible.
Speaker 1: That's true, and.
Speaker 5: Just to it for nothing else, just to have the answer where do I belong? And so there's a part of you that's almost rooting for it, even though I knew it wasn't going to I also do just want her to have that sense of relief.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, good because it's a good character. We like it. Yep. But like Maury telling someone you're not the father, she is not the Alpha. She's not yet found her true identity. But before she can grieve, the construction workers found an issue. The remote that controls the entire demolition has shorted out, remember, because the Moonstone messes with technology, something we definitely have all forgotten by this point in the film. And then, in a shocking turn of events, the power plant explodes and crumbles to the ground. First, whoa?
Speaker 3: And second, what did we think of the special effects here?
Speaker 2: I thought they were good.
Speaker 4: I would not have expected them to be as good as they were the first one. And then when we get like a wider shot and the whole thing goes down, I was like, wow, I.
Speaker 2: Mean take better than it had to be.
Speaker 1: Absolutely could not agree more. The werewolves, of course, are devastated, and they all start coughing immediately, which is the universal sign for dying in the dcom This is, of course the worst case scenario. The next day at school, the news is good. I guess Bri and Bonzo are now in a handholding couple, which is decom for sex, but because Bucky won the election. The Prawn is tomorrow night and it's still humans only, and in the forest the werewolves have retreated, all slowly dying again. There's some coughing, so you know they're dying. Zed visits the help and admits he was wrong about the were wolves. At Prawn, Bucky arrives with the Acs and a big pink stretch limo. They walk in slow motion, which means they're ready to party, but then they're followed by the zombies and the werewolves together all informal wear. Bucky blocks the interest it's humans only, but Zed explains bad laws are meant to be broken and monsters don't follow rules. How cool did this group look?
Speaker 9: It really did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their wardrobe I literally paused it and looked at every single one of them as they were walking like.
Speaker 2: The wardrobe was so good it was they look like the again.
Speaker 4: Going back to Michael Jackson music video Bad they are so good.
Speaker 5: I also love the melding of the song we saw earlier about what do you Do Do you go along to get along or do you behave like you know you do, stay true to yourself. And now the zombies have learned there's a benefit to what the werewolves were saying. And the werewolves it's just what a perfect what a perfect lesson surgy energy surgy.
Speaker 1: They have got it. They know what's up. So yeah, Bucky knows he's outnumbered, so he gives in. And apparently there was just one giant switch to shut off the entire prawn. Nobody mentioned that, noticing walked over the switch, but we're not going to talk about the on off pron switch.
Speaker 2: Better than a little light switch.
Speaker 1: Prom's over. Yeah, so he gives in. He's reuniting Bris and Bonzo, the true love story of the entire film. Actually, Zed and Addison spot each other as well, meeting in the middle of the dance floor for a big apology from Zed. He knows he was wrong to steal the next and this leads us to a song call back from the first movies, Someday, the tune that kicked off their relationship in the first place. But just when they're about to kiss, the buildings starts shaking. There's something emerging from the ground creating a fault line all the way to the school. The werewolves decide to dive into the tunnel, knowing they only have a short amount of time and it could hold the moonstone, and guess what, they find the moonstone. What luck. The werewolves quickly recharge their necklaces on it. It all feels very rushed, like they just put this on at the end, like all of a sudden, Oh, there's the moonstone. Now we just have to touch our necklaces to it, and now everything's okay.
Speaker 3: It just it was like they they finished the script and went, oh, we forgot the moonstone.
Speaker 2: No, you're right finished.
Speaker 5: They finished it and they were like, we're already four minutes over ninety minutes. Okay, well, you know what, You just touch it and it recharges it.
Speaker 3: If you say moonstone three times, you're healthy again.
Speaker 1: It was just very strange. It did just kind of seem like it was tacked on there.
Speaker 4: What di I will say was not the greatest, like a fet like a fect slash prop, like the moonstone did not look yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like but they were grabbing it and they're all trying to go.
Speaker 1: It was like, yes, yeah, I agree, I agree, but either way, it worked.
Speaker 3: The were wolves are healthy again, but they know they don't have a lot of time.
Speaker 1: They try to move the moonstone, but it's just too heavy, so Addison the zombie is joining to help. Now the whole school is trying to move the stone, but it's the process, and all of a sudden, their exit is blocked by a giant boulder. Without any other options, Eliza encouraged z to take off a Z band to move the stone.
Speaker 3: Though he's nervous about it, Zed agrees and removes the band.
Speaker 1: Now zombied out, he clears the pathway for the Moonstone, but drops the boulder before he can get out. He's now stuck in the tunnel forever, where he dies. Roll credits, I'm kidding. I was just seeing if everybody is still with what And just when we think we've lost him for good, he emerges from the smoke, adjusting his Z band.
Speaker 3: He made it out safely and controlled his zombie urges.
Speaker 1: He embraces Addison, posing perfectly for the Wall of Fame human zombies and where wolves are now all living together in harmony. We're now back at the Prawn, with the nearby Moonstone safely accounted. For the parties in full swing, we get one last song in Dance number one for all. It's a big choreographed dance track, uniting moves from every Seabrook species, even Bucky, who crowns Addison the new cheer Captain, and hug Zed. It's time for everyone who accept who they are. While clapping on beat, the party moves to the Wolf's Den, where Z's dad brings pizza and the coach has set up his Froyio card. Again, everyone's abroo. The song ends with a big kiss between Zed and Addison, and this is where we think the film's over, but it's not. We cut to later that night. Addison is fast asleep and we see from her window a meteor hit Seabrook and a glowing blue light awakens her zaps through her white hair, and that's the end of our movie, setting us up for what daniel has already told us is Zombies three, which isn't that great. So we see what we get up there, but that is zombies too. Danielle, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: The question is do you want to stick around for real reviews in our game or do you want to go?
Speaker 2: Would you like to see what your husband torments with. Oh yeah, I feel like maybe I should. I feel like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Really fun to see him torture Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, it's all fun and it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: First of all, we'll do our real reviews. I've got the one star this week.
Speaker 1: This is from space Quasar, who says if you're older than sixteen, this is probably not for you. The music's not too bad, but it isn't good either. I wouldn't listen to it on the radio. Thank you, space Quasar. I disagree entirely, Sabrina. You've got the five star this week.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: It's with Hannah w a brilliant film which again explores the complex issue of when and how to protest with nuance and sensitivity, presenting different options as all having value.
Speaker 3: Okay, very specific. Five, no music, no movie, Nothing about the.
Speaker 4: Day changes, I think, but it's just saying the message of trying to again find yourself free.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's good, it's thank you.
Speaker 1: We are now to Sabrina's favorite part of the program every week, which is our feature presentation, the Jensen Corner, which we change every week. Producer Jensen, of course comes up with a different game every week and tries to stump us and normally does. This week it's called now you sequel, Now you don't. Oh please, Danielle, we'd love you to play along with us pay celebration of a sequel. On this week's Magical rewind we'll be given the name of a movie and we have to decide if that movie was given a sequel or not. If we get three out of five, we win. We also know producer Jensen goes deep and dark with these things. He spends hours and hours. So our first movie prduser jens to you with us.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I'm going to be quieter because my wife's here and I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 9: Also, like this is a movie related one and she knows how many Blu rays and four k's I own. It's just right now, guys, I'd rather be less talk.
Speaker 1: Well, I look at it this way, Jensen. When our wives eventually leave us, we are going to be very very happy together.
Speaker 2: Such great movies we are are.
Speaker 1: Number one movie from nineteen ninety five, Congo. Okay, so I know Congo was a Michael Crichton book. I don't think there was a second Michael Crichton book. Did they make a second Congo? I'm going to say no.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say yes, dam I'm gonna say yes, Congo had a part two.
Speaker 9: Congo did not have a part two. No, there was no.
Speaker 1: Way we should.
Speaker 2: It's always best to not go with me.
Speaker 1: Daniell know the rule. I don't ever vote with spread it when all else failed. Just pick the opposite of what Sabrina did.
Speaker 9: Let her go first.
Speaker 1: Number two, two thousand one's Donnie Darko. Yes, Yes, I'm gonna say yes as well it did.
Speaker 9: Two thousand and nine's s Darko.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, good, so I'm almost winning here. Number three, Oh, I hope they didn't make one. In nineteen eighty four's Splash.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to say yes because I feel like I remember seeing it. It was like worse than Greece too. Yes, it was not good. It was not good.
Speaker 9: No Number one Greece. He was pretty good. There's some pretty good parts of Greee two. Uh Splash two, nineteen eighty eight, but it it spelled.
Speaker 1: To was it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I was gonna say, my god, I can't believe they made us Splash too. Number one or Bambi nineteen forty two, and this one opened with the sequel opens with Bambi's father being shot. First, No, did they make a sequel to bamb I?
Speaker 4: Feel like on Disney Plus there's sequels of all those damn movies and you just never knew.
Speaker 1: I know we'll start then, I'm going to say yes. You're going to say yes. I'm going to say yes.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say yes too because I like you. I think you're right Sabrina that there's a sequel, even if we've just never heard of it. I'm gonna go with yes.
Speaker 1: It's called bambo first bluss.
Speaker 9: The second was Bambi two from two thousand and six.
Speaker 7: H Yes, I said, how many years later?
Speaker 1: Nineteen? You do?
Speaker 9: I can't believe there's a Bambi sequel, but going, my god?
Speaker 1: And number five nineteen sixty eight Rosemary's Baby. I hope. So I'm going to say yes just because I would love there to be a second Rosemary's Baby.
Speaker 9: No, No, this is true. There is a second Rosemary's Baby from nineteen seventy six, and it is called Look What's happened to Rosemary's Baby?
Speaker 2: You've got to be kid? Is it a short.
Speaker 9: No, it's a full length, not Polanski.
Speaker 2: Just show me a picture. What what's happened to Rosemary's Baby? Just give me, give me two minutes.
Speaker 9: He's actually grown up. She's the editor at Vogue.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I won yet again. Thank you, producer Jensen.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I got three out of five.
Speaker 1: I think they all got a right. I don't think got too wrong. Yeah, well, Sabrina still gets I got one wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh see, then you did win. Sabrina and I both got too wrong.
Speaker 7: There you go, and now you look up the actual direction, say three out of five wins, I've taken away.
Speaker 2: To take you wake away from daniel I never get it. Okay, it keeps yours.
Speaker 1: Take the win and depart the field. And now since you're still here, I'd first like to do some Sabrina sees Sabrina take it away.
Speaker 4: These are actually I've put them into more questions for Danielle because there were a couple of things that were very confusing for me that I felt like the rules maybe I just didn't remember him from the first one or what. I want to give a shout out to Kylie because now after interviewing her and then now seeing her dance again in this second movie, Danielle, if you can believe it, she actually said she wasn't a dancer and she really didn't feel comfortable going into rehearsals. And I'm like, I watched her, and I'm like, girl, you are a fantastic dancer. So had to give a shout out to her first. Then we can go into the questions I have. So Bonzo, Okay, he doesn't speak English.
Speaker 2: I guess right.
Speaker 4: He always speaks zombie zombie, so I guess maybe it makes sense. But there's a part where they're they're chanting. I think if they were saying not, I think they're saying Addie when they were wanting to her to go ahead and go for cheer.
Speaker 2: Captain He's sitting.
Speaker 4: There right along with her chanting, and I looked at him like, wait, I didn't think that character could actually talk, so like he can.
Speaker 2: He can make sound, so I guess he can be mimicking just Addie. Yeah, because started to that this is it here, I am watching a sequel.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna be a little bit more nipiggy, like, wait a minute, I get the rules.
Speaker 2: You are in my head.
Speaker 7: It's the worst, and then I had the car. The next question was, so in them, it happens a lot.
Speaker 4: When we see the debate and then when he goes you know, agro, he goes into zombie, zombifies out and the zomb the other zombies that are at school are scared.
Speaker 7: Does this go along with the rules, Like they're scared when they could do the thing if they took their bracelet off.
Speaker 1: Scared.
Speaker 5: I always take it as in WHOA, they're scared of the ramifications of this though this is bad news for or us that he's hulking out.
Speaker 4: Basically, Okay, okay, so that's what it is, because throughout the movie then as things are happening, they're acting a lot more like you know, the other species. They're not acting like zombies in the sense of having that like empathy of somebody else.
Speaker 2: So I was just kind of confused.
Speaker 4: Wasn't sure if just that's how it would be, or if that was like the extras in the movie, not realizing that there's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be a different species. It was kind of confusing to me, right.
Speaker 1: A little from column Bee.
Speaker 2: You're right, that's true.
Speaker 4: And then my last question and then I have one more thing that just I kept seeing and it was crazy the kiss that doesn't happen? Did we get a kiss in the first movie, because in my head I'm thinking of actually making a comment that I couldn't believe we did. I didn't get my rom com cas there's no rom com kiss in one first movie, because I thought in Zombies too, how are are they gonna stop this kiss?
Speaker 7: And then when they didn't it, I was like, whoa, we finally get the kiss okay, and then the end okay. So that that was I couldn't remember from the first movie, So I needed you to clear that up. The last thing is did anyone else notice that there were like twenty four, five hundred and sixty five pastel giant and all sizes actually potted plants throughout.
Speaker 1: This entire set. There was a lot of potted plants. I noticed there was a big one.
Speaker 4: You first really see them when the the werewolves come in. They're into like that columns and they're like hiding hide behind them. But then you start noticing I don't remember them in the last set, but you see them everywhere.
Speaker 2: They are pastel plants.
Speaker 7: Just it's like if they needed a small little space of the screen filled up.
Speaker 2: They just threw threw.
Speaker 1: Space.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if anyone else saw that, but the potted plants were overwhelming, like overwhelming.
Speaker 2: I honestly I did notice it.
Speaker 5: And I also thought, I wonder if they're trying to say that somehow the moonstone, because it's it's a life force. Even even the plants are like, you know what I mean, everything is growing, So I even thought maybe they were somewhere some of the director Paul was like, listen, we've got to fill some space over there, and it's because.
Speaker 2: Of the moonstone.
Speaker 1: It's the moonstone.
Speaker 5: It's giving life force to the plants. And if anybody questions me, that's my answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I was questioning him, and I'm glad I got an answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: The guy who created Batman Beyond always said Batman and Batman, and I said, when any time I get a question, I don't know the answer to you, I just say it's magic.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, perfect, you got it.
Speaker 1: Thanks, And now we'd like to have you join us today, Danielle in rating our film. So we do a little different here. We do one out of ten, one being the lowest and ten being the biggest right, ten being the best right. So that's different than a lot of people do it right.
Speaker 2: I was to say I've only heard it the other way, it would.
Speaker 1: Be great, correct, Correct? We switch it around. So we're gonna let you pick how we're going to rate it this week, though, Danielle, do you want to do one out of ten? Froyo side hustles one out of ten, big budget water cannons, were wolf swing states one out of ten, glowing necklaces, bamboo dances, water dances one out of ten, debate DJs, or one out of ten vifs or very important foremans.
Speaker 3: You can also throw in any of your own if you'd like to.
Speaker 2: I'd like to give it one out of ten owls.
Speaker 1: Oh and okay, who would like to go first? Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know, Danielle. Do you want to do the honors? Or do you want to wrap it up and got up to you?
Speaker 1: You're the you get to check.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you first, because you, guys, I think, are gonna maybe you already know. I love it, So I'm gonna give it nine out of ten.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, solid, I want to give it a nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sabrina, do you want to wrap it up or do you want me to go next?
Speaker 2: I'll go next because you're back down lower than I am.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Again, I loved the first movie. I still am a giant fan of this franchise. There were just a little couple of things that, again I feel like, kind of slipped through the cracks, just as if we said, you know, the acting was a little it was a little too gimmicky to cheeky here and there, pushed it a little bit, versus I've just felt that first one just was like nailing it out of the park.
Speaker 2: I mean, they just hit a home run with it. So I did pull it back down, but it's still incredible, dancing, the songs, everything. I did really love a lot of it. Mine's gonna be an eight point five. Oh, I like that.
Speaker 1: I am kind of right there with both of you. I I the first one's better in my opinion. It was kind of pushed a little bit, but it's fun, it's bright, it's well directed. The Milo and Meg are phenomenal. They're great. To see the difference between a d com now or even a twenty twenty d com and the you know, nineteen ninety four d com is just night and day.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna give it a solid eight.
Speaker 2: All right, wow, but it is yeah to nine.
Speaker 1: It is a very fun movie franchise. It really is. And again, I'm trying to watch them more as a twelve year old. And if I'm twelve or thirteen and I come home and I get to watch this so are you kidding? I would be the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Imagine being my five and three year old.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I couldn't. That means incredible, so cool, And it's just what you were saying before Sabrina. Just it's so clever to take zombies and wear wolves. And I think the next one's aliens, and then I think they do a vampire. I mean, it's like, it's really clever to do it like this, so and I think it.
Speaker 2: I mean, That's what I loved about this one was that, like.
Speaker 4: We talked a lot about introducing this new group, and while those actors were incredible and brought so much to where like it didn't feel like a ugh what I was basically the same, because it wasn't. It was a totally different movie and had a huge, great new dynamic that came in with them.
Speaker 1: I loved it partly, well, thank you everybody. I hope you loved it and you loved our episode, but we really first need to thank the great Danielle Fischel, who was not only my co star on Boy Mets World, which aired in the Disney Channel, but she's now one of the channel's busiest sitcom directors. What shows you have coming up for the people who are glued to Disney Channel.
Speaker 5: I am about ready to start directing for Vamporine, which I'm very excited about. They took the cartoon from Disney Channel, the Vambourina cartoon, and they.
Speaker 2: Made it live action.
Speaker 5: So I start directing there in a couple of weeks, and then you know, Shifting Gears was picked up.
Speaker 2: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get to do a couple of those for ABC, and I'm still waiting to hear about Lopez versus Lopez. Fingers crossed that season four gets picked up, and a show I directed a couple of months ago is going to be premiering in July for Disney Channel. It is called Electric Bloom and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tons of Disney Channels stuff coming up. Synergy, folks. We keep saying it. We just want to keep pumping out the Disney stuff and our next movie will be a magical World of Disney Injury. Yes, that's right, We're going all the way back to nineteen eighty seven's gambling adventure You Ruined my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, all those words I just said, I don't understand them either.
Speaker 1: Quite a one though. And this one is on the YouTube's for free, so go and check it out there. And this week over on our magical rewind feed, we're speaking with Jane Sibbett, an incredible actress. You may know from Friends or Herman's Head or dozens of other TV shows, but we know her as the mom in Buffalo Dreams. And we talked to her all about her experience on that movie and letting her movie son go out into the woods on a vision quest. Here's a small snippet of that.
Speaker 8: Here's a little tiny thing. And I again, and I get that I've taken from this. There was a woman that was atmosphere and she was wearing these beautiful churchoise earrings and I just complimented, like, those are so beautiful, and she just looks so thank you, and that she's hands them to me.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I said, oh no, no, no, no, I just was a complimenting and she said, no, that's our tradition, you compliment. You must give that.
Speaker 1: Oh super careful about what I call right now, you can check that out this week when it's released on our dedicated Magical Rewind feed to search Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcast, and you can hear all of the incredible decom related interviews we've done and for more info, you can follow us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram machine right now, Thanks everybody, Bye,