Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie.
Speaker 2: Scrugs played lash.
Speaker 3: That's right, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming in the house heck Ma Harrison for Cowboys Safety Barry Churches. Here are New Scruggs as we talk about the first place Dallas Cowboys. I one in. Yeah, first place, tied with Washington, tied with Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: You know, came on, you know it came on. Glued over the dropping giants.
Speaker 4: Giants are owing to.
Speaker 3: It's amazing what one win by the Atlanta Falcons her cousins in Pride time could do it? Shift your viewpoint the viewpoint yesterday people were mad, people upset.
Speaker 2: Then you wake up.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not as mad as I was before, right, right, So the Eagles lost.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours, you're watching somebody else's.
Speaker 2: It don't feel so bad no more.
Speaker 4: You're watching somebody else's fan base.
Speaker 2: You know, mad mad this morning. That's a tough place to play.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: That media up there man, Hey, but don't kill him Moore. No, your point, DeMarco Murray.
Speaker 2: Found that out.
Speaker 3: Oh my Godmarco hate. DeMarco Murray hated us, He hated the Dallas media.
Speaker 2: Then he found out the harder way when you.
Speaker 5: Get a old of this, them boys is rough up there. You you saw how long DeMarco Murray lasted. Not long Coke one glory he was going down to Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Uh so.
Speaker 3: Yes, And to your point, Jalen Hurts is getting tore up by his own fan base today. People are on him. It's killing the quarterback. It's just it's just how they are, I mean, their own They want Syrianni fired. They're done with Kellen Moore already two weeks. He's out of it, Kellen Moore and and they really are ready to fillet defensive coordinator Fiic fancim So. Not the blueprint, Yeah, the blueprint, blue print, the blunt so Philly Fanish man. Give Quon Barkley. Some people are giving sa Quon Barkley a little bit of a past. Other people like, dude, he can't catch, He's never been able to catch. It's I mean, I really did have an enjoyable time listening to w i P radio in Philadelphia driving around this morning.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was, I ain't gonna lie, man, it was a guilty pleasure just to listen to those folks just cook up.
Speaker 4: Their old team.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: That's a rough place to play. I mean, damn if you do, damn if you don't up there. I mean it's tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I get it.
Speaker 7: For the Philadelphia Eagles have never really had the greatest of defenses out there, but.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, for about at least, you know, three quarters of that game, they played decently. You know, second half, Kirk Cousins started to get on fire a little bit, but it ain't like he was throwing up a barn burner out there and was watching them boys like.
Speaker 4: You know, they had a terrible last.
Speaker 2: Drive defensively, you know, it was god awful.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're giving up that they you know, they scored within about fifty eight seconds of getting that kickoff right there, and you hate to see it. They played a little bit of zone coverage out there, and Kirk Cousins ate him alive. The pass rush was non existent that last drive and it tore them up. But it ain't like it was just giving up, you know, forty five points at halftime or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I mean thirty five points athing like that.
Speaker 8: But I mean, you know that up there and that fan base, they tearing them cats up alive.
Speaker 2: And then you look at you know, k Moore up there.
Speaker 7: You know if he goes in there and they and your boy catches the ball and Barker catches them, talk.
Speaker 5: About that, talk about my guy, but now he drops the ball.
Speaker 2: Type of why wouldn't you do this?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, damned if you do your damn if you.
Speaker 3: Really Because to me, once again, this is Kellen Moore, I'm you know, I'm a smart guy with g I dialed this up. Yeah, you dialed it up. But if the player doesn't execute it, you lose. So Bill Parcells when he was used to say here, he said, never trust the players, because the players every time, every time, every time. So Kellen Moore trusted this dude who drops a lot of passes, and what do you do? He went out there and dropped it.
Speaker 2: But god, what were you?
Speaker 4: Okay, who was the bigger opponent at that point?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 3: The falcons of the clock time, thank you, But acting like you know, they have forty minutes to score.
Speaker 2: Even if they would have got.
Speaker 4: That first down kicked the field goal, they would have or goat stop.
Speaker 7: Let's say they running the ball and get stopped on that on that third down, they.
Speaker 4: Didn't have any more time. They would have still had fifty some seconds left on the clock to score.
Speaker 2: They left filling over your thirty nine seconds on the show.
Speaker 3: You got add in the fact that syrianite and kicked the field goal early on as well.
Speaker 4: What are we doing? What are we doing? So it's these moves for me.
Speaker 3: This is the constant stuff where you got guys who are getting too smart when really it happened. Simple football is what it calls for. Hey, man kick three points. Let's run down the clock, run down the clock and try to give them as little time as possible.
Speaker 4: But man, we go, I got this great play. He was open. He just got handstone.
Speaker 5: Where they come down what it really comes down to. And I think what people are because I agree with both of you, and I agree with you. It's a two yard route. If he catches the ball, then he looks great. If but he misses it, it's three things happened on the pass play either he is complete, incomplete, or it's an interception. Those are the three things that you're looking at right right, and that's what's gonna happen, all right.
Speaker 4: And in that situation, you needed you need two of those things.
Speaker 5: Could have hurt you, but you only needed one thing to go right, and then one thing that you needed to go right didn't go right. And what that did consequently is it stopped the clock. And that's why we were talking about time right there. And for me at that point that Syrianni earlier and just back up from there, when Sirianni declined the penalty and went with the toush push and I think it was like thirty inches whatever it was, fourth or whatever it was, he got the first down, that that signified to me that they were just gonna run this time out, that whatever it was, they're gonna play the time game.
Speaker 2: And if they got and I didn't even think they were going to take a field goal.
Speaker 5: I thought they were gonna get down there and just maximize the fact that I'm gonna give you a short feeling you gotta do it. Ninety five played d ninety five yard drive would have been the smartest thing to do. To me, look like, damn if you do, damn if you don't. If you have success there, everybody's praising you. You look like a genius. But to me, Barry, it was the risk reward of it. There was no there was no reward in that other thing other than your risk.
Speaker 2: No, you're risky.
Speaker 5: It's three and there's third and three, thirty three, third and three. If you run the ball forty second clock, you burn that time. You see what I'm saying. Like you at that point, you.
Speaker 7: Still give Atlanta fifty some seconds left because thirty nine minutes their.
Speaker 5: Drive, their drive was it was it was seventy yards or eighty yards because they because they had to kick. They kicked the field goal, then they had to kick off. So their drive took a minute twelve seconds, right they it was forty nine forty six seconds left. They left thirty something second something for the Eagles. And let's and let's say this. Look, the Eagles defense was sloppy in that last minute, all right, that was terrible. And I don't I don't want to say that they were in a prevent, but their safeties were so far back that they even invited everything underneath. And Kirk Cousins was just on you know, he was in his bag and guys. And I'm guilty of this because I never liked Kirk Cousins and I never liked no. And the reason I never liked Kirk Cousins because he played for the Commanders. I'm blinded by my hate for these other teams. So I never liked him even when he was in Minnesota. I still you like that.
Speaker 2: I just never. But last night, last last night, I was like, Yo, Kirk Cousins is back there, dolling boy. He is.
Speaker 4: And that's yes, that's the other thing that Philly fans and man, man, man.
Speaker 5: This is this guy, this guy. But Kirk had that I mean, come on, he had that whistle on him yesterday. But that's what I'm just saying. That's what the Philly fan base is like. He's a guy he never does, but what does he do? Geinst fan Ji and said, light us up that you like that? Yeah, you shut up that.
Speaker 9: Slip.
Speaker 5: What are you doing now? You know what he's doing? You know what Darius is doing. Trying to gamble. He's trying to gamble.
Speaker 2: He's a veteran.
Speaker 5: This is there's there's different you know, there's opportunities where you can gamble for that.
Speaker 4: And if that's the case, why you're a man and man coverage?
Speaker 5: Why are you looking at what Kirk Cousins is doing in the backfield, Like what Kirk gonna do?
Speaker 2: What is he going to do? He didn't the receiver. It's the receiver caught the ball from touchdown now and I'm sitting there. That was a hell of a move by London though. That was a hell of a movie. He would have won two.
Speaker 5: But I'm heasyosed to be one of the top corners of the league used to be. He yeah, that is true. And the red zone things happened so fast, I just don't get to But that's why Eagles fans are so ticked off is because first of all, you presented all offseason that you were going to have this defense that was gonna come after people. You presented, you know, I got the new Georgia defense. All these first rounders that you have out there that are not producing. You're not getting a pass rush that you will once promise. You don't look as aggressive even on the back end with the linebackers.
Speaker 2: So I mean you look at you look at and one of the things.
Speaker 5: One of the great takeaways from this game was the running games by both the running game by both teams. I mean, b Jon Robinson, he is for real, all right. And as much as they minimize the running game in the league and running backs don't matter that much anyway, you are alive because it does matter. And you see those good teams that are winning because of they have a good running game, Saints, all right, and you're seeing those things start to come to the forefront. And I'm telling you, the running back position is way more valuable than people give credit to.
Speaker 2: And that was just in spite of everything.
Speaker 5: What people are not saying this morning is how good that game was. That was a good game. And we understand that coaching is so nuanced. And look, you could say the Sirianni blew it, the defense blew it or whatever. You you just lost to a team that wanted it more than you.
Speaker 2: Facts.
Speaker 3: He let me just add on to what you talked about here. So Atlanta one hundred and fifty two rushing yards they averaged five.
Speaker 2: Point four tote you ain't winning.
Speaker 3: On the other side, Philadelphia one hundred and eighty six yards of rushing they averaged five ope so early on in the season, we're watching teams run like crazy. And my question to you is, how much of the fact that you're not tackling in training camp and now you only have two preseason games and most of your good players are not playing in those games, are we seeing effects in this that it's gonna take defenses a couple of games to get going.
Speaker 2: Here one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: I mean, because even in training camp, when you have full pads on the starters out there, you're told to thud up, you know, you're never told to bring to the ground. So when you get out there in preseason games back you know, when I was playing and the starters actually did play, that's when you got your first taste of actually tackling somebody.
Speaker 2: You know, not just.
Speaker 7: Thudding up, wrapping up, letting them run. You're actually going for the legs, wrapping him up, making sure you come up with a body part to signify that that guy is down. Now, you don't see that at all. Cowboys starters they didn't play all preseason games. So when you get to these first couple of games, least the first four games, this is the first taste these guys are really having of bringing somebody to the ground and tackling.
Speaker 4: And you see it out here game in and game.
Speaker 7: Out, guys withing on tackles, just throwing shoulders in there, and guys just bouncing off like this is this is the national football.
Speaker 2: You gotta wrap these guys up.
Speaker 7: And so these first couple games, you're gonna see some terrible tackling. And that's what we've seen so far from the defenses.
Speaker 5: It's it's what's been kind of different to me, is you know I would I would go there only if I wasn't watching Bijon Robinson make two guys miss. I would go there if Saint Kuon Barkley wasn't, you know, running off these runs and stiff arming guys, I mean and dragging dudes with them. And yeah, I think the intention is there. These are professional athletes, and I don't want to give it, you know, or take anything away from who they are. And I know the rules have changed a lot on hitting and things like that. God has are trying to, you know, not make it look like it's so forceful. I don't And those are all excuses. You're not getting these guys down and you're making your defense pay. But I just think that those running backs yesterday was so dynamic. And to me, I'm like, I'm watching old school smash man football and you just you just got to button your trench strap and do something about it. I mean, And to me, Atlanta's running game is reminiscent of the Saints running game.
Speaker 2: And man, you get you attacking.
Speaker 5: Those edges and it takes literally everybody for four quarters to be able to stop it.
Speaker 2: Atlanta's for real. Atlanta is for real.
Speaker 4: So what happens when he got a dynamic runner in the backfield?
Speaker 2: Oops? Oops, it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Give Raheem Morris, the new head coach of the Falcons, a lot of credit.
Speaker 4: That's a big win.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what they did to unlock Kirk Cousins because when they had to have it, this guy went down the field and delivered like he had not delivered before.
Speaker 2: So in the primetime, in prime time.
Speaker 3: So what we're seeing now and go back to this and we'll take a break and dive more into the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Dallas is now in the first place. So the loss of the Saints.
Speaker 3: While it stings, right, it stings, You're watching other teams around the league with the same similar feeling in San Francisco, they're not feeling good. You got beat at Minnesota. Now Deebo Samuel is going to miss some weeks. Christian McCaffrey's on IR here Detroit. You know, you win your first game in overtime against Rams, you're feeling good. Now you've been beaten and got beat it home by Tampa Bay. So just a little bit of feel good for Cowboy fans. I would at least get that in the second. You feel good?
Speaker 2: Baby, Yeah, they got their ass kicked. I loved it.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it's early in the season, meant but you know I was gonna rep anyway.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I was gonna rep anywhere.
Speaker 4: You know that how soon we forget?
Speaker 5: No, I mean, hey we lost, they lost, Okay, they lost.
Speaker 2: There's levels to l but it's just one. It's just one. It didn't count twice. It counted once.
Speaker 3: Right now, if the South, if the NFC South is it can can continue this. Uh, this may go the way I thought when I had the Cowboys winning ten games and the division, because I don't think the division will be That's just my thought about it. Maharis very us. How you get to do that, hey, because that's that's how you hate fifteen.
Speaker 2: Sir, yes so much. Play Dallas.
Speaker 4: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem.
Speaker 10: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Prescott keeps it slides for the first.
Speaker 9: Down, best like your icons where everyone is a rookian. Crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the year, Go Cowboys right to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: This segment of the Players Lounge was brought to you by Yeti Yetti official cooler and drink wear of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's better right, that's better right? Yeah, that's better right, getting just saying it's coachable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man quarterback and the Panthers. Next, I keep on rolling.
Speaker 2: Kids show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: It's not an easy game. It's not an easy.
Speaker 3: Game if I'm Bryce Young. The thing I feel good about this. They ran out Baker Mayfield, They ran off Sam Darnold. You know, there is hope for you after you leave Carolina. There is true you know. They traded away Christian McCaffrey, They traded away Brian Burns. They told Cam to hit the road. To me, this is an organization. I mean, they make some bad moves.
Speaker 2: So I would look. I agree.
Speaker 5: It wasn't right what they did to the brother after two years. I mean, we give him a little bit more grace than that, give him a better offensive line, give him more weapons, all of those things.
Speaker 2: But when you look Bryces Young, even coming.
Speaker 5: Out of Alabama, the first pick in the draft, you I mean, I don't know many like Doug Flutie, a lot of other guys. Mean, but the measurables to me were very important, and I mean the success rate. He he was gonna have to play above and beyond anything we'd ever seen him do. And when that didn't come to fruition and people didn't see him like take his game to another level in the NFL, you knew that he was going to be limited. You knew that because of his height, seeing all making his reads, all of he didn't have.
Speaker 2: An offensive line.
Speaker 5: And if you want to keep this kid and keep him, keep him in a healthy headspace, you better pull him now. Because if man going back to that New Orleans game, they battered that kid, They beat him up.
Speaker 2: And if he was gonna.
Speaker 5: Take if he was gonna take fifteen more games of that, if this is just oh, we're gonna leave him in there and this will trial by fire at the end of it, he'd have been punched drunk.
Speaker 3: You said two years, he didn't get two years. I mean you got two games one year under a different coach. Here's a new system with a guy who, by all accounts, the head coach, Dave Canals, gets a lot of credit for Baker Mayfield's resurgence last year two games in this I just think this is the owner, David Tepper, that got involved. And heckman, it's not like they just figured out his height. They knew this. They had the number one pick, they traded up, they had a choice CJ. Stroud, Rice Young, They knew everything. And oh, by the way, you read the accounts. While the owner won't say it, everyone else says this is who the owner wanted. And then there reports that Frank Reich and other people.
Speaker 2: Want to see j.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean, look, buyer's remorse, call it whatever you want to.
Speaker 2: You sold yourself a dream. You're stuck with him.
Speaker 5: I mean, at this point, they can't do anything about what they have. If they leave this, if they left him Bryce, if they left him in there for the entire year now, he wouldn't be the same quarterback at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I mean, or he would have went out injured. I don't know. I mean, they one of the two because they can't protect them.
Speaker 4: And so now, okay, you asked this question.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the Cowboys face the Panthers in December mid December down there in Charlotte, What does Andy Dalton really do?
Speaker 4: What does he really do for you?
Speaker 3: In terms of okay, you want to say maybe you're more competitive, but if Bryce Young is not the answer and you're gonna stink, well go stink all the way so you can go in go in.
Speaker 2: The drafting yourself.
Speaker 3: But this whole thing of well you try to be five hundred, where are you gonna go with it? And where does it take you? You know, I'd love to know, And I think Hackman you hit on the right plot. There's no line, there's no playmaking, no weapons game. You got rid of DJ Moore, you received and got rid of Christian You've you've got rid of real pieces.
Speaker 2: Who's leading, who's dealing dealings?
Speaker 4: The top guy right now to a hubbardish depended on Big twelve problem.
Speaker 2: Now that's it. It's a fit.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes Big twelve.
Speaker 5: It's a bad place. It's a bad place. It's a bad place to be. And that's why I'm saying. You know, for Bright shawng with a lot of people, there's a lot of reaction to him getting pulled. And I was one of those people, Like after watching that New Orleans tape, I was like, this kid ain't gonna make it. He's not gonna make it. He'll be a shell of himself if he continues this because this offensive line is not protecting them. They don't have a running game to make any of those defenses. Get back at Bay or at least load the box so he can have some easy throws to throw into. Nothing was routine about what Carolina is doing and what is Andy Dalton going to do? Make him stink a little less. I don't no no run game, none at all.
Speaker 3: No no reliable tight end and throw the ball to you know, no real deep threat.
Speaker 4: I mean just you just here like okay, So.
Speaker 3: Now now you're asking a short man to come out.
Speaker 4: He's a quartering in a magician.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's it's wild when you when you think about that, and and that goes in underscores one more time after the Saints game, the cowboy fan that that is dramatically just you know, ready to throw Dak overboard. I saw a bunch of things on my Facebook, Baye, this is what you get for sixty million?
Speaker 6: Do that?
Speaker 3: And I just came with the money, right, comes with the money, comes with the money. But look around the league, Crown League, A lot of issues around the league.
Speaker 5: I mean like, yeah, just like Jalen Hurts, we got we got issues in Philly. Can we can we get there? Don't nobody want to say it? The only one to say it? Come on now, playing with it, especially.
Speaker 4: Since that Super Bowl game. Bro, it's been it's it's there are limitations.
Speaker 5: And again he didn't have a j. Brown, so there's some grace in that also, but come on now.
Speaker 2: It's ugly. It's likely.
Speaker 3: Outside of the too, pushes ain't throwing the ball. So so yeah, I was there yesterday when Mike Zimmer Cowboys de phens talked and he took the blame.
Speaker 4: He said it was him.
Speaker 3: He said they didn't have any practices all off, I mean during training camp where where he saw anything close to what he saw against the Saints.
Speaker 2: Trying to hear none of that one.
Speaker 3: So he said, he said, hear this, He's going to fix it. Then this morning I was listening to Bill Polian, the former general manager. Bill says, you know Quinn's schemes, zimmer scheme, very difference. Is gonna take them a few games to get going. But he said trust zimmer here, none of that after week one, didn't wait here none of that.
Speaker 5: It's gonna take a little bit, you know, trust the process or wait here, none of that. You try to tell me you had all week leading up to New Orleans game and they had all that tape after what they just did to Carolina Pass and you ain't.
Speaker 2: You ain't seen none of the games.
Speaker 5: You ain't see none of that approach coming into this Cowboys game.
Speaker 4: And that come on, man, that that makes no sense.
Speaker 7: To me right there, that you're gonna sit there and tell the people that they gave us some looks that.
Speaker 8: We didn't see. So you said, wennat prepared. Yeah that was that was going on. Yeah, I mean, come on, man, make it make sense to me. Heck, man, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 5: And what I what I have, what I have done for a long time in my career as interview coaches, and I know coaches will talking metaphors and coaches speak and all of it and won't give you a straight line answer. And you know, whether it's him falling on his sword and saying that look, these are the things that happen and not lay and blame that we can clearly see you know which everybody's turned into a scout.
Speaker 2: Now look at exhibiting. Everybody got to look.
Speaker 5: Right here, number ninety eight. It's a bad time. It's a bad time because everybody got.
Speaker 2: All twenty two right.
Speaker 5: So I mean, no matter what, no matter what Zimmer, no matter what he says, I think people can look at the film themselves and look at the game and say, nah, man, I mean, Barry Church, you said backing during OTA's He's like, the one thing I worry about about Zimmer is it too high safety?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Now, I hear a lot of people talking about that, saying using that, that's word for word what Barry says.
Speaker 2: So would you please give credit to the offer. I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: But in that situation during the New Orleans game, he's trying to maneuver his he's trying to maneuver his his safety's up. He's trying to do a lot of different things to load the box, and it doesn't work, and you guys are outflanked, and there's nothing you can do when your one and your three technique is being driven ten yards off the ball. There's not a defense designed to work with failure like that.
Speaker 2: Internally.
Speaker 5: So look, I completely respect Zimmer going up there and saying, look, this was on me, and then, because that's what coaches will generally do, they'll do that. But man, now.
Speaker 7: You know, man, we only had This is only a fourth of the of the player book.
Speaker 4: We got, and we will we only showed a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: Clearly, we got answers going before we had answered and then you can come out here and get man on man beat down like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that is a little confusing on my part the least I've got more.
Speaker 5: But wait, but but wait, hold up, I asked Mike Zimmer question, I said, what have you seen after two games.
Speaker 4: From Mazzie Smith? And he talked to about.
Speaker 3: Shedding, shedding the block a little better, wants shed the block a little bit better. But then he just said he was not displeased with MASI.
Speaker 2: What you tell me all the time. It's not what they don't say, it's what they don't say or something. I'm not displeased.
Speaker 5: I'm not displeased, but you ain't happy, hey, exactly. And I think what's helping Masie in this situation was the even worst play from the veterans that we had brought in there and we're talking about Josephine, were talking about Phillips because when you look at it, you already said, hey, when you look at that film, I mean you want to talk about no white t's in the club.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't have your three tech.
Speaker 4: You can't have your nose getting pushed.
Speaker 5: Ten eight yards back into the into the defensive backfield like that offensive line to the line outside linebacker spot. And it's not even like it was getting doubled. It's a one on one where my man is just getting displaced.
Speaker 7: So and that's the thing with me when I didn't believe it was all about the scheme. I just think it was man on man, as Mary Nell used to say, bone on bone, and they just got whooped.
Speaker 4: I mean that that's what it comes down to my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when when when it h I think that you sent us the PFF grade. When you when you get the PFF grade and Mazzie grades out higher, you know, and you said yourself, okay, thirty eight twenty six percent, it's like, yo.
Speaker 2: We all failed exam. Nobody's dead any good? It was, it was bad and for me, I'm I'm done. I said it before man.
Speaker 5: I don't want to beat up on Manzi period because if you have it, you have it.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you don't.
Speaker 5: And I think it's a parent when you start seeing certain things that you don't have it, it's easy to reach blocking me. He's not explosive off of the ball. I mean he's I tell you what he's He's not as maneuverable as he was last year. You saw those offens lines literally turning them, his back turned to the lot of scrimmage, pushing him out like and I mean, you know, I ain't seen that, you know, so I guess that's growth. I'm gonna call that growth. But other than that, man, it's just a lot of bad tape. And let's not let Osa. Let's not let Osa dig miss this criticism. Also because Ulsa didn't have his best showing either. Nobody did. So nobody did. Especially when you give up one hundred and ninety yards on the ground and on thirty nine carries, that's that's ugly work, man and team. You better believe that the Baltimore Ravens are gonna come in here licking their chops and saying, how do we get this train on the tracks? We run the damn ball, and we got to give Henry the ball twenty five times.
Speaker 2: We run the ball forty times. We're gonna do it in this game at a T and T stadium.
Speaker 5: No white teasing, those light no fitted caps, yeah, no open toe shoes, no, none of that's it's rough. It's rough, and it's hard to you know. It's a lot of blame to pass around. So they're still the first place. Yeah, Yes, I can't wait to see the Eagles. The Eagles play the Saints next week that Thursday night. Where is it at, I don't know, but I know that's who's playing.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see New Orleans.
Speaker 5: It's in New Orleans. It's gonna be some second line to do. It's gonna be some second line. And I'm telling you, I don't know if they gonna make it back. Listen, we'll get back.
Speaker 2: In New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Saints fans, they got a legit enemy in me, boy, because I'm telling you, when the Cowboys go to New Orleans to play, I'm going because we're going.
Speaker 2: Second line up out there. They can't do that in my stadium. They can't do that. They can't do that. They had a parade, and I mean sounds like.
Speaker 4: They brought a boom box and walked out on man.
Speaker 5: No, they bought a tuba. They bought a tuba and a frich horn. The hell they get a French horn up in here.
Speaker 3: The the niner thing is that's that's still the most that's that's the all time. I mean to you know, San Francisco is the committee that to.
Speaker 2: All time, it's disrespectful things.
Speaker 3: And yeah, with boombox before the playoff game and then back in Texas DA.
Speaker 2: But they are doing the boom box.
Speaker 10: Though they have the boom box all year, they just brought it in as in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the first time they've used it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well they.
Speaker 2: Quiet.
Speaker 4: I'll save it for the break.
Speaker 3: We don't curse all the ship the Saints battle tuber Aristocrat Gaming, it's the sponsor of the players.
Speaker 4: Last right here on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig here was Smoothie King asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks smoothies with over ten grams of protein with real fruits and organic veggies. Because that's Smoothie King. What you see is what you sip. So grab a delicious Smoothie King Smoothie strawing your job it is sipping real Smoothie Key, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem.
Speaker 10: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twenty hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines Rules, Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players Loud.
Speaker 5: Come shop at the Star Friscal on Saturday, September twenty eighth from ten am to four pm and flee Styles Market at the Star presented by Marker Place by Michaels, featuring fifty plus local makers offering art, fashion, home to court, jewelry and kids items. Market at the Star is always a favorite. Admission is free. Visit the Star District dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Rich the Crap Gaming Man y'all stop won't stop brings the shows.
Speaker 5: Off the airway. A tough it's a tough life.
Speaker 2: It ain't right, it ain't right.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones today I one five three fan talking about the money back situation.
Speaker 4: Can't nobody hold him down?
Speaker 3: He said, necessarily, he says he he doesn't necessarily see a change this week. Get involved Dalvin Cook. So that's that's GM Jerry telling us, E we okay to running back spot. So we asked Mike this question to media scrub yesterday. So Mike once again tells us all this good stuff about Dalvin Cook, and a part of me is iffy because he said a bunch of good stuff about Melik Davis told you that wasn't by it. It wasn't by it, and then they cut Malik Dicks. So I'm hearing all this nice and feastive stuff about Dalvin Cook. But I started to get to the point where I'm like, when we saw what was unveiled, the duce Vaughn is getting runs before. Zeke, Well, if you go do that, then at some point in time you better throw Dalvin Cook out there, because so far what we have seen is not working.
Speaker 4: It's not working.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I think your guys, Zeke's gonna have to average forty six or forty nine yards a game the rest of the way to get him seven hundred.
Speaker 5: You talking about, yeah, six for sixteen. That was not the look that we were looking for. Oh wait, that was not the look. That was not the one six for six And look, will I will say this, our admitted the game was out of control. I mean, if you want to continue to run the ball at this point, third and fourth quarter, you was gonna have to be playing paying for behind and you needed some big plays to happen. But either way, there's still no excuse sixty eight yards rushing on the day. As we talked about that, and I'm just offering this up. Don't kill me, Okay, I'm gonna offer this up, all right. As we talked about the defensive line and saying that the defensive line made it where the linebackers could not play to their full potential, all right, because guys were getting dropped, driven driven back. The same can be said about the offensive line that did not have their best showing. And so while we're hoping for these gaping holes for Zeke and the company to run through, they just didn't have it.
Speaker 2: Problem. This is, this is true, but there was no way that thinking, you know, grees that situation.
Speaker 5: To get better yard. So it was tough, man. It was a tough outing for our running backs.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: And and I think when you come to Baltimore, Coming to Baltimore, that's one of the things that you have to establish in order to make that defense respect you. Otherwise, Man, you're gonna be facing this problem all season long, playing from behind and the defense that's not designed to play from behind. So, I mean, it's gonna be tough if you don't get this running game.
Speaker 4: Is no trying to run Zeke out there?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just not twenty sixteen z at all. It's not at all Watching him and Dak man, you know, it seems like yesterday he used to watch the show.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: You gotta stop that, yo, you gotta stop. You gotta stop right now. All right, come, well, let's get back go track. No, but what do you gotta say offense?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: And this is something that you kind of have be concerned earlier in the off season. You know, we look at this running back room, is it gonna come down to, you know, Dak or bust when you look at this offense. You know, and I don't think the formula for success is throwing the ball forty five to fifty times a game. But when you got what you have in this running back room, that seems to be what's the case.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be.
Speaker 7: And we look at this offense to the first two games, they haven't been that good. I don't even know if you can say they've been good because if.
Speaker 5: You look at it outside of Aubrey's points and outside of you know, Turping being able to return that game. Through the first two games, they scored three touchdowns as a whole, so twenty one points as a whole. You look at what they've done in the rad zone through the first two games, one A four through two games one A four, third down percentage thirty seven, ten of twenty seven or yeah, ten of twenty seven on third down as an offense. So to me, it's just the lack of explosiveness.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 7: If it's I don't want to say it's play calling, because you're getting Ceede Lamb the football. Youre getting your best player of the football. But what do you have outside of that? You know, Cooks isn't able to take advantage of his one on ones he scored that one touchdown they had against the Cleveland, but he was a non factor against the Saints. Tobert got him as one one explosive play. Other than that, where are you going with it?
Speaker 5: It is not like Ferguson was turning it up that first game. He did get injured, but that was later on in the games.
Speaker 4: What you got the man they ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 2: That's what you got. You know, he.
Speaker 7: Can he overcome the lack of explosive weapons on this team.
Speaker 2: And for the money.
Speaker 3: Look, he's not the only guy that you know, you know what, and this is something Clarence Hill talked about, more money, less weapons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what do we get. Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: If we're gonna give Will McLay and company and credit for for drafting these these defensive players that have come in and become all pros, we have to go on the other side too. Where's Tobra's production? You know, these guys that you relying on? Brooks, Jalen Brooks, he made the team. Where's that production? You're giving these guys opportunities? This is these are rare opportunities. These are rare, Brady, but you know, but and you know what's so funny to hear Tom Brady on the He's the only person that really can speak to situations like that because he won a championship with Danny Ammondola.
Speaker 2: He didn't have weapons.
Speaker 4: Chris Hogan, come on, I mean, and the thing is, like.
Speaker 5: You ask if Julean Edelman on you, you're looking at guys like this that are averaging seven hundred, eight hundred, you know, yards, and this is like four or five guys that are you know, as far as the receiving is concerned. But he always had that running back room. He still was able to be efficient on third down. And that's the part as you're talking about, like can Dak carry all of this by throwing the ball forty five times a game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do it, but you got to be fishing on third down.
Speaker 5: And if you and if you're and if you're turning the ball over on downs or you're punting and giving the ball away, that's not giving you extra possessions. And that's still like last season, we started just like this. We started slow. The offense started to looking like we couldn't see d and Dak couldn't find a connection through through four games, and even on that touchdown pass to CD from dak Man that was I mean, you just have a safety being over zealous, over the top and over pursuing and he's able to break, but that's still throwing into double coverage and you're gonna and you're gonna see that all year long, especially when these other guys aren't able to win their win their matchups.
Speaker 4: And the first play schedule and the first So here's my question. Do we see Dalvin Cook against three?
Speaker 2: I think you have to. I just I truly think you have to.
Speaker 7: I mean, you got, you know, a guy and dudes who's more of a specialized player, get him in the open field screen passes, and that's what I think. Personnel wise, they may need to do a little switch up because you've seen those plays going to Zke last game, where they you know, let me throw it to Zeke in the flat, let me give him a screen here, let me give him a draw play here, when in all reality.
Speaker 3: To keep it fair, he just doesn't have that type of ability. Again, So who goes to the bench of Dalvin Cook plays right?
Speaker 2: Uh? DU's Von? Yeah. I think he just doesn't bring Du Von. I mean because I think would you to me, I think I would.
Speaker 5: I would say that Rico, Dadle and Cooks, even with what I hadn't seen, are the most explosive players.
Speaker 3: So who's the third guy to touch the ball with the running backs last Sunday?
Speaker 2: There was? There was and maybe you may have to do that.
Speaker 3: And if you're talking about special teams, if Turpin is hurt, who's taking the spot?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 3: That's true, that's true when we start looking at who's gonna sit to play Cooks Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big for big.
Speaker 5: One of one of the things that I took away from that, uh yesterday from Cos McCarthy, he was talking about the translation of the offense to Dalvin Cook, just saying that he didn't feel like he had a full grasp of it right now. And if that something that's concerning them right now, then obviously they're not going to put him in there to blow plays with him in the game, So he's gonna have to be up to speed. And I know these guys are smart to getting this playbook is zone right zone whatever they know.
Speaker 2: Exactly what they're doing. It's just terminology.
Speaker 5: But right now, as you were talking about when with Malie Davis, and them telling.
Speaker 2: You, yeah, yeah, he looks good, and you never know because we.
Speaker 5: Haven't gotten that opportunity to actually see him in real time and real action. And so if he could benefit them, obviously he would have been out there last week if they felt that way. So, knowing the playbook or not, somebody would have said, we call in this play. These are your three plays when you get in the game. That's all you gotta do. We're not gonna audible out of this. And so look, man, it's a tough goal right now, and you have to find this running game. Uh, this week, you got to find it. This week, Raven's coming to town.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 13: You are yeah, thank you man, Yeah, we are, Oh good good Christine producer Chris Pine.
Speaker 3: We appreciates Josh Jazz, everybody who is a part of the Players Longe brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on New he Scretule'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.