Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois, Welcome.
Speaker 2: In episode one sixty one, What's right with Nick Wright? It is the day of the NBA Draft that is coming in a few hours. We had a big trade last night. We have a ton to do. The TV shows back to ninety minutes at our regularly scheduled time, man, And it's funny how quickly you can adjust. We did five days of a thirty minute show. I got used to that lifestyle, twenty two minutes of content. I mean that Tony and Mike bt I have been just killing the game for twenty years doing a thirty minute show. I once upon a time did a three hour show. So then ninety minutes felt easy. But yesterday, man, it's like, when's this thing gonna end? We got a ninety minute show today. Deora is back, and I must say before we get to the content, sorry, Scoot, don't don't get upset.
Speaker 3: Well call me Scoot. When we're talking about Scoot.
Speaker 2: I apologize. Oh good point. There is a Scoot Henderson, maybe subconsciously that's why I'm so high on him. A draft. We'll get down in a moment. But this is you're gonna make fun of me. You're gonna say this is cringe or something whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't see.
Speaker 2: But it is very touching to me that Diora is here today because this is her first show as a high school graduate, which also means it's exactly right, it's her first show. She did not have to be here for. She chose to be here, and that is just delightful. We also have a new sponsor. I actually have, you know, kind of picked out this outfit with the sponsor in mind. Even though it is not a clothing sponsor, we do have one clothing sponsored. It is, of course Trintage, Harlem's newest and greatest women's boutique. They are only clothing sponsor. However, we'll get to the new sponsor in a bit. We have a lot to do. I don't have a ton of time today, very very busy day. So let's first get to what missed. Here's what missed the cut. Dalvin Cook and DeAndre Hopkins want to play together. Bars in Washington, DC are gonna be open for twenty four hours for the Women's World Cup, which of course you can see on Fox and FS one. And I paid off my debt to demands. Did you give him a heads up about that?
Speaker 3: Diora, No, I didn't, so he wouldn't give me a cut?
Speaker 2: Wow? What's this? Oh so we're putting our group chat. I don't know on the on the screen. I sent a Godfather meme to Demonse because Demanse was saying that I didn't pay my debts. But there's that. Now, let's get right to the show. Diora, take us into the draft.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the NBA Draft is tonight. Wimby is going number one, So it's time to go on record. Is this guy gonna be an all time great? Or a two K? Create a player gone wrong?
Speaker 2: All right? I know this isn't the take people want, but I'm gonna go with neither. I this is my I understand because he's seven to five. He has a good looking jump shot, even though he only I mean, he shot twenty nine percent from threes in his league in Europe. You assume that will improve. He's going to be an instantly impactful defensive player just because of his length. I understand why he is such a sought after prospect. I get it. I do not think though, he will be more instantly impactful than say Luca was, who was another guy who crushed in Europe. Luca actually had more success in Europe and Luca to me, I know, he went third in the draft, and actually the team that was drafting fifth, Dallas, ended up getting which they traded because Atlanta made an all time bad trade. But it was hard. It's hard for me to comprehend the idea that this guy is just flatly, clearly a better prospect than Luca was. Now he obviously is in the eyes of GMS, because again he's the consensus number one by a mile. Luca went third behind DeAndre Ayton and Marvin Bagley. But we knew Luca's body worked in the NBA and if you watched anything, you knew his ceiling was one of the five best offensive players ever. You knew those things, and thus far he's not tracking towards being one of the five best offensive players ever. But he is the all time record holder in playoff points per game. He has four first team All nbas in five years in the league. He's been pretty special. Wimby is all projection because we've never seen a player quite like him. Now, when they say two K creative player gone wrong, I have to assume what they're talking about there is injuries, because literally every player in league history taller than seven to two has dealt with some form of injuries altering their careers. Yows they ended his career. Rick Smith's dealt with it. He wasn't all the time great, but dealt with injuries. Are Vitas Sabonis his feet went out on him, Ralph Sampson, the suit Porzingis, who will get to later in the show. The freakishly tall guys. It's some variance as far as guys rolling into him and some parts of the body just not being built to be running up and down a court, jumping cutting at that size. So that part does concern me. But here is the bigger thing that concerns me. What concerns me for this young man who is fifteen months older than Diorra is that and he seems to be a great kid, and he seems to really be level headed, but that we have set the expectations at such an outrageous place that he could be a Hall of Famer who wins a league MVP and be considered a disappointment. We've only done that to one other NBA player in my lifetime, Lebron James. And Lebron met and then exceeded somehow the expectations, but they were unfair. But at least with Lebron, you were like, well, we know this body type works. We know like as much as you can as far as injury concerns go. If Wimby's on the furthest negative end of the spectrum, Lebron was the antithesis of that. But I saw that Making the rounds again today was a quote from Brusard and JJ Reddick did some Oh, I'm gonna make fun of myself, but I'm really making fun of other members of the media with bad takes from the year, and he included Brusard saying, if Wimby is a chem Olajuan, it's a disappointment, which was a quote, but it was totally stripped of its context when people have been when that's been making the rounds of people and crushing Brew for it. That was within the context of the day after the draft lottery, Adrian Wojanowski went on television and said, multiple league executives believe that by year three he will be the best offensive player in the league and the best defensive player in the league. He was called the greatest prospect in the history not of the NBA, but of American sports. And when you keep in mind, Serena Williams was a prospect in American sports. Tiger Woods, who was three years old on national television draining putts and then won three straight amateur titles, was a prospect in American sports. Lebron James was a prospect in American sports. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, who won three state titles and in three national championships in college winning player of the Year every single year, was a prospect in American sports. What Brew was saying is if he is considered better than all of them, then if he just ends up as around the tenth greatest player. It's a disappointment, and Brew is correct on that, which is why I'm worried for this kid because and I hate to bring it back to Lebron, but everyone no.
Speaker 4: But when we're talking about I do, I mean I do, I hate because it elicits that reaction. But this is a legitimate discussion point, which is everyone is not wired the way Lebron is to be.
Speaker 2: Able to handle that. And even Lebron, I would argue that pressure and expectation directly led to the only true failure of his career that the twenty eleven Finals against the MAVs. He didn't misshots, he wouldn't take shots, and it was this seven year, eight year build towards his manifest destiny of being a champion, and he collapsed under it. He then rebounded. But even Lebron, who we say handled this better than anyone ever, it got to him. What's it going to be like for this kid in San Antonio? I don't know. So if we're taking if we did this on the show yesterday, number one picks since Shack the if you were to rank their careers, number one would be Lebron, Number two would be Duncan, number three would be Shack, four and five are Anthony Davison Dwight. I think fair expectations are that he falls somewhere between Shack's career and Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis's career in that range, So that would be one of the fifty greatest players ever, maybe one of the twenty five greatest players ever, somewhere in there. But and again I'm not rooting against him at all, it's the opposite.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: If this guy, through ten years of his career, has four first team All NBAS, two second teams, a couple blocks titles, one League MVP, and one championship, that would give him one of the best twenty five starts to a career ever for a decade, and people would be disappointed by that. That I don't think is fair.
Speaker 3: All right, Next, Okay, everyone's saying that Charlotte is drafting Brandon Miller, leaving Scoot to fall to number three, which for now is Portland's pick. You said yesterday that Portland can't have two six two guards, but you also said passing on Scoot would be a nail in Jordan's coffin as GM, so what would be worth, what would be worse, Charlotte passing on Scoop or Portland keeping.
Speaker 2: Dame Charlotte passing on Scoop. Scoot is indefensible, and for some reason, though Jordan's selling the team, they're letting him make the pick. I understand he's six to two, but the reason they would be passing on him, from all reports are less about how much they love Brandon Miller and more about the Scoot Lamello fit. Guys, then trade Lamello, trade LaMelo, reboot the whole thing with new ownership, have Scooped be the forward facing guy instead. They're gonna take a good player. But I believe an inferior player who this is Diora is totally unaware of this story has happened way previous to the podcast, So I think it'll be jaw dropping to you that this is. You know, some guys can come into the league a little bit of baggage. Brandon Miller was. I want to get this exactly right. One of Brandon Miller's teammates was arrested for murdering someone, and Brandon Miller dropped the gun off to the teammate who did it. Allegedly allegedly, this is what is reported now. It was the kid's gun, not Brandon Miller's. He didn't know what he was gonna do with it, all of it. But no, I again, it would appear not and the yes, and but it was a young woman who was killed. It was like not even like it was a It was a dispute at a bar in Tuscaloosa. And so they have that. Charlotte has that baggage, which it feels like people have been afraid to talk about. I was afraid to talk about it there. But we know that the other kids in jail. The Charlotte also is potentially bringing back Miles Bridges, who missed all of last season because again allegedly he beat the hell out of I don't know if it's girlfriend fiance, but terrible and so that to me, And then you're doing all of this because LaMelo, who we don't yet know if he's a winning player, needs to be the guy. I don't get it. I would draft Scoot. They're not going to now if you're Shortland, I would I trade Scoot for Zion and say, Dame, you want to stay. Let's try to see if Zion and you can do something that Trade I would do. But if you're not gonna do that, then you have Scoot, you have Shad and Sharp. Whether Dame wants to leave or not, you probably need to just move on because and this is the thing with Dame, and this is the analogy I tried to use on television, but I kind of butchered it. I believe Dame wants to win a title. I believe Dame wants to be a Blazer forever and never. And you know, one team his whole career, be a legend there. I believe he wants both of those things. It is unfortunate, and it is not his fault because Portland has been a terrible They have made terrible for an office. Moves over the LA last half decade, never got him a second star, never built a defense understanding his limitations. Six to two guy, all of it got it. But you are now in this reality, and you are now in this situation where the two things you want cannot happen. The analogy I tried to use on TV was, if you are someone who says I want to my career is massively important to me. I want to be as great as possible. Make as much money as possible, and I want to be a present parent, pick my kids up from school at all the events. And someone offers you a job that would be your dream job, the job and its cross country, and the family wouldn't move. Now, the two things you want are in conflict, and you have to make a choice. You have to decide, Okay, I want in a perfect world, I want both, I can only have one. What's more important? If Dame chooses to stay in Portland? He is saying staying a Blazer is more important than winning because they are winning a championship because at this point they are diametrically opposed. So that for Dame, he's gotta make a choice. But the other part of this is Portland can make the choice, which is, if we're serious about winning, at some point we can supercharge this rebuild with Scoot Shade and Sharp and the number and what we get for Damian Lillard? All right, sorry, do you ladies? You're taking a sip of water, I throw to you. What's next?
Speaker 3: There was a big trade last night. The Celtics got Porzingis and the Grizzlies get Marcus Smart. What team made it out? Made out the best in this trade.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't really Washington. It's fine, they're just tearing it all down. Let's take them out of it. I don't love this trade for Memphis. They traded two first round picks and Tias Jones for Marcus Smart. I like Tias Jones a lot. Marcus Smart had a down year last year. Now I understand they want a veteran presence, they want an adult, They want to keep their identity of a tough, defensive minded team. He checks a lot of those boxes. And they're gonna be without job for twenty five games, so they need a point guard. But I think Tias Jones could have done that. And if I were gonna trade Tias Jones in two first round picks, I would have wanted a better return than Marcus Smart. I don't think it's a terror rule trade, but I don't love it for them Boston. It is an interesting spot therein if they don't extend Porzingis and this is a one year trial, then we're and then let's say he walks or it doesn't work, then it's like, Okay, we traded Marcus Smart and got back two first round picks and a year of Porzingis. We can deal with that. That's fine, because they want to play Derek Whitemore. Now it's weird. This is the other thing gonna happen. Before I get into the Celtics side of it. This was a three team trade diora with Boston, Washington and Memphis. It initially was a three team trade with Boston, Washington and the Clippers, and different people were involved, and Malcolm Brogden was going to be traded. He plays for Boston. That trade didn't go through, so they changed it. But now Malcolm Brogden is on the Celtics, who for eight hours yesterday everyone in the world, including Malcolm Brogden, thought had been traded. So do they now have to trade Malcolm Brogden, you know, because it's kind of an odd working environment. Maybe, but they right now all of a sudden, the Celtics true like guard depth if you consider Tatum and brown Wings is a little light. You have Derek White, you have Sam Houser, you have Peyton Pritchard, and you have Brogden, who I think people believe they're gonna trade. Here's here's what I do like about the Porzingis trade. I like the fact that who does Boston have to go through to win a title? Out East? You're gonna have to go through Miami, obviously, but then Milwaukee and Philly. Out west, the two best teams are Denver and the Lakers. So what do Philly, Milwaukee, the Nuggets, and the Lakers all have in common? Really big people Jannis plus brook Lopez if he's back, Joel Embiid, Jokic obviously, Anthony Davis, Boston theoretically now Derek White, Tatum and Brown Porzingis. And then even if they wanted to go Horford, who's a big but can shoot, or if they if Brogden's still there's say it's Brogden, you can play five out all five guys away from the basket, and that means either Embiid or Jokic or a d or the Bucks would essentially I think that would probably play brook Lopez off the court Jannis. In that case they would have to guard out in space on the perimeter, and Embiid really can't do that. Obviously, Yannis can, Anthony Davis can, Jokich would rather not. It is an intro wrinkle, So I get it. My issue is, and this is not a unique take, is do you trust Kristaps Perzingis to stay healthy? And the answer to that is almost to me assuredly, no. Is that poor zingis I I will give you until age twenty four ish to get like Embiid got over the injury stuff. Zion I hope can get over the injury stuff. But once you've been in the league for a half decade plus, if you're injury prone, your injury prone. And Malcolm Brogden, who's on the Celtics, is injury prone. Kristaps Perzingis injuries have kind of defined his NBA career. This is why I don't believe in the Clippers. This is why I think the Suns could be in trouble at some point. You are who you are injury wise. It's what's defined a large ports of Anthony Davis's career that concerns me. But I get it. I get the swing. Also, it is the Celtics leaning into the identity Missoula wants. I don't know if it's smart to let him have full control of the car, but is leaning into the identity defensive secondary. We are an offensive team, and most notably we're an offensive team that's gonna bomb threes. And now we have a seven foot two inch Lotvian guy that is gonna bomb threes. So it's a big swing. If they'd have included a contract extension with it, I would have hated it. They didn't, so I don't hate it. But do I think Chris aps Worzingis is gonna be healthy for the playoffs? I'm not so sure about that.
Speaker 3: All right, Last, so rumors have surface that Lebron is frustrated with Anthony Davis. Interesting timing with Draymond a free agent, and you have the Lebron translator. So is there a world where he could push the Lakers to move on from.
Speaker 2: Ad Lebron James does not want the Lakers to move on from Anthony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would know, of course.
Speaker 2: Well, call it an informed opinion, in inference. It's not quite an inference, A little stronger than an inference. It's a little strong.
Speaker 3: I just defined an inference. No, you know, I'm a graduate, now I know what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate that inferring something would be.
Speaker 3: Taken educated guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is and what I'm telling you is this is more than that. I am trying to he spoke to him.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know he knows.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know. Lebron's on a yacht with Maverick and Draymond in Europe right now. I am not I'm not reporting this, but I'm not blindly guessing on this. Okay, it is an informed opinion. So with respect to Bill Ryder, who I used to work with in Kansas City, who got this ball rolling, Lebron is not interested in the Lakers trading Anthony Davis. Now, Bill Simmons keeps talking about Draymond going to Dallas and Lebron joining them a year from now. I think that's on the board. But this idea that that Anthony Davis coming off his best, one of the best stretches of his career, that all of a sudden Lebron's mad at him, it's to me, it's nonsense. Like the Lakers see what happens with Chris Paul. The Lakers are gonna bring back Austin Reeves. They're probably They're one hundred percent bring back Austin Reeves. They're probably bringing back RUI you have ad, you have Lebron, who I understand everyone's waiting for the cliff to hit. And yes, now at this point in his career. He's an injury risk, but he also just scored thirty points in the first half of a playoff game, and you know what, Hold on, scoot, I want to diora sorry for the last couple of minutes here. Can you give your seat up to producer Dan for a moment? I apologize? Do you mind? I want to share so Producer Dan. If you guys don't remember, he's the Nuggets fan who I chastised and scolded on the show and in the group chat because he was trolling me. He has now come from Los Angeles to New York. Producer Dan, how are you? I'm good, I'm good. I appreciate you coming wearing your yo kitch? What is that a sweatshirt? Jersey shirt? Jersey on? Turn the mic a little more towards your face. There you go. These are not the great mic stance. Let me ask you this as a Nuggets fan, and there is no wrong answer here. I'm not trying to set you up here. What was your toughest series?
Speaker 6: I mean the answer is there wasn't one, but no.
Speaker 2: Sure none. So here's so I understand the Sun series went six. Was there ever a point that you thought the Suns could beat you, guys.
Speaker 6: No, because I thought at a certain point they were gonna run out of gas, which is what you were saying on First Things first the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so the reason I bring this up is it's a weird thing to say. And Windors said this on TV and everyone killed him. Because the Nuggets swept the Lakers. The Nuggets were clearly better than the Lakers. I felt that of the four teams the Nuggets played, the Lakers gave them the best series, like and I understand again, I get that that kind of sounds outrageous because the Suns beat them twice the Lakers beat them zero times. But to me, the Lakers Nuggets series came game one, the Nuggets controlled the entirety of the Lakers had a late push at the end to make it close, almost stole it. But the other three games were in the balance, to my opinion, for forty five minutes, and then the Nuggets closed better in all three games. But I felt like, I felt like the gap between the Nuggets and Suns was bigger, like looking back then the gap between the Nuggets and the Lakers, because it felt it felt to me like the the Sun's path was well, yeah, Durant and Booker score ninety, then they can give you, know what I mean, they can give you guys a game I didn't. So I say all that in this regard. This is the question I have for you. And again there's not a wrong answer here. Who right now this moment, going into next season, do you view as the second best team in the Western Conference? In the West, Yeah, like the biggest threat. I know you probably don't feel there is a threat.
Speaker 6: But the I'm not like job over here, I'm not gonna say we're finding them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me how about let me I'm gonna phrase a different way. I'm gonna give you a nuclear scenario for you. Jokic today holds a press conference in Somber and said, you know what, I missed my horses too much. I've done everything I came to do.
Speaker 6: This is the night near that I have more frequently than you would think.
Speaker 2: And it's, by the way, it's obviously not going to happen now. But he is the type of guy you could see walk on the way early. I mean, he keeps telling us how much he just tolerates playing basketball, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like I think after this contract, it's very on this it's on the board that he's not done.
Speaker 2: Yea. I mean he's got like a quarter of a billion left on the deal, and so you still have five years or four years whatever. Yeah, but so, but let's just say he did it today. If he did it today and said I'm out, who would be your pick to win the West?
Speaker 6: I think it's hard because so much is about to happen even tonight, starting out the draft.
Speaker 2: But I I don't want.
Speaker 6: To say this because I know it's beeding to you. But the Lakers I think are gonna make a move with They're gonna get rid of Dangelo Russell. I think there's there's some steam behind the Indiana trade that they can finally get Buddy Healed, Turner both.
Speaker 2: I just so this is so, this is the point that I was trying to get at, and it's the I do not think the Lakers have closed the game on Denver. They've done nothing. I think Denver has earned the right to be the significant favorite. But if the question is out West, who is the second best team? The answer had to me has to be the Lakers or the Suns. And I just don't think what the Suns don't. I don't believe in what they've done, and I don't believe in their ability to get the finish line. And I would then remind the audience when the Lakers won the title and then added a few pieces that offseason, they were considered the overwhelming favorite out West. And I don't know if they were the overwhelming favorite of the league because of Milwaukee, but they were the overwhelming favorite out West, and they looked like it for forty games, and then Lebron got hurt, then Ad got hurt, and the whole thing went to hell. But in the moment, it always feels like the champions going to repeat. And I'm not saying you guys won't, but in Milwaukee back correct in the moment, if we just look back the last few champions, when the Lakers won, it was like, oh, Lebron and Ad they're bigger than everyone. They're you know what I mean, They're just gonna win. When Milwaukee won, I was like, I thought, well, they'll win three of the next four, you know what I mean. It's felt like Gianni's fully realized everything. Golden State was a little different because they were at the end of the run instead of the first one, and Denver right now it feels like, well, they're gonna win a bunch of these and it's just hard. And so now I do think Denver wins another title and maybe they go back to back. I'm not sure, but I would. I would imagine Jokic has at least one more ring in him. But I I think the Lakers. The reason I'm doing all this is trading Anthony Davis would be insane. It would be totally insane, for sure, Sir, you and I friends again, I think, so there we go. They're producer Dan, first Nuggets fan ever on the show. We have a brand new sponsor. We discussed that. Next plus play a game What's Right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast, including Jurel Jerome Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pena, and Bobby Canavali watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome back in episode one sixty one, and let me tell you something. I started drinking ag one as a great way to start off my day. Constantly being on the go means I don't always get the nutrients I need, but ag one gives my body the nutrients it craves. Ag One is a daily foundational nutritional supplement that supports whole body health. I drink it every day and you just mix it with some water. It tastes great and you feel better after doing it. All great athletes, of which I am not one, have one thing in common. They take care of their bodies. And while they all start their days in different ways, I start mine by drinking ag one to ensure a great way to start my day. Speaking of great starts, folks want to know this. Victor W. Minyama's going number one. Scoot's gonna go two or three? It would look like he's going three. Both are amazing prospects with potentially great careers ahead. Which one of them will get off to a better start this year? I think it'll be Scoot. I think Scoot will play more often. I think Scoot is has an NBA body already despite being only six to two, and Scoot is crazy competitive. I will also add one other piece to it. I think that the that other guys around the league are going to try to go after Wimby and dunk on him and do things. Now, some of them are gonna get you know, blocked and posterized in the other direction, but I think he'll be targeted more than Scoot will, so in the very early you know, return to I think Scoot will get off to the better start. I may not have all the answers, but if a comprehensive solution is what you need from your supplement routine, then try ag one and get a free one year's supply, one year a Vitamin D and five free ag one travel packs with your first purchase. Just go to drinkag one dot com slash what's Right, and remember it's like the show like my last name, It's right with a W. That's drinkag one dot com slash what's Right. Check it out all right. Thanks to our friends at ag one for sponsoring that little Scoot Wimby discussion. Diora time for a game.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna play a game of right or wrong. The Clippers are apparently considering trading Paul George, but why trade him and keep Kawi? Right or wrong? The Clippers are trading the wrong guy.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's much of a market for Kawhi, Like, who's gonna write the story on Kawhi Leonard being just a legendarily bad teammate. Who who's gonna that? And he's obviously an excellent player when he's healthy, and everyone doesn't need to be as loquacious as what you're laughing at me.
Speaker 3: No, I would never do that.
Speaker 2: As talkative if you'd prefer me to say that, I think loquacious is perfect time for it, as Magic Johnson in his prime. But Kawhi's total lack of communication the and I mentioned this on TV yesterday, and I just think it Warren's mentioning a couple of years ago when Qui tore his ACL in the playoffs, Skip Bayless, my colleague knew that quiet Or torn a cl well before the Clippers did. That can't happen so at his age, with his injury history, I don't think he has a big trade market. I think Paul George does. Paul George now has a bad injury history as well, but culturally Paul George is just a better fit for an organization and the Clippers need to admit this was a failed attempt at a super team and probably start over next.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Paul George, yesterday, Future Hornets legend Brandon Miller said that the goat is at mj oor Lebron but Paul George, right or wrong? Get this guy a podcast immediate too many podcasts.
Speaker 2: I understand the irony of me saying that do you are a people your age? What do they mean when they say the word goat, like.
Speaker 3: The MVP, like the number one?
Speaker 2: Like, but can multiple people be goats?
Speaker 3: You can be goated?
Speaker 2: So what does that mean for people your age?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like it's just like like, oh, that's goaded, like like Jordan's are goated.
Speaker 2: You know the shoes the shoes right. So Wild's made this point that the definition of the word goat, uh changes by the age of the person saying and Wild's tweeted, really old person when they say goat, they mean the actual farm animal. It's slightly younger means the guy who blew it like he was a goat in a bad way. My age, it means the greatest of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it's supposed to me.
Speaker 2: Right, but younger than me, it's like there can be multiple it just means awesome.
Speaker 3: I can say that there can be multiple goats, but there can be multiple things that are goated.
Speaker 2: Goated. Yeah, young people are dumb, that's my takeaway. Like these Jordan's are you know the so.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, the only people that usually use the term goaded are like thirteen year old boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See that's what I'm saying. Young people are dumb. Yeah, that's you know what thirteen year old boys, no matter the generation, always been dumb. Uh so eying Brandon Miller, who's nineteen years old, was just like he was my favorite player growing up. I think that's what he meant, all right.
Speaker 3: Next Okay, so next one is Wemby and it's and his insane hands through a pitch through the first pitch at Yankee.
Speaker 2: Do you look at that picture that's a baseball, that's a regulation size baseball. Like that picture, it kind of freaks you out. Young If people have never seen hold on I'm gonna pull this up for de York because I bet she's never seen it. Uh, do you know who Andre the Giant was?
Speaker 3: I've heard the name.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was. He was a legendary wrestler, but he was actual giant. That picture, and hold on, you have to look at this to your this is Andre the Giant holding a full sized beer, so like like the size of a can of coke, a beer can. Look at that the and so Wimby's got hands like that, they're just obviously not as Andre the Giant stubby. Yeah, Andre the Giant could take off his ring finger or ring finger, sorry, his ring from his ring finger, and you could fit a golf ball through it. So his fingers were the circumference of golf balls. And so Wimby, So go ahead and ask the question. Sorry, because Wimby just envelops the baseball in that picture.
Speaker 3: It went way left.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was a terrible first pitch.
Speaker 3: So right or wrong the pitch affected your opinion of Wimby.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go wrong. I think he's obviously a great athlete. Throwing a baseball's hard if you don't do it often, and thrown from the mound is hard. No, zero percent, zero percent sixty feet six inches. First of all, I don't know that you could even get it there. Second of all, it would you would not be able to aim. I had to throw out first pitch at the Royals game once. I practiced for three hours that morning because I.
Speaker 3: Can't repractice a little bit before.
Speaker 2: Like the well, yeah, I mean it's just again, Andy's so big, So no, I don't hold that against him, all right, next.
Speaker 3: Okay, Katie replied to a random tweet saying, James hard and Russell Westbrook and.
Speaker 2: Kyrie that's a hard one to say. Russell Westbrook because of the rs of the Wye would go ahead.
Speaker 3: And Kyrie Irving don't get the credit that they deserve for inspiring a younger generation of fans. Weird, they're all free agents, right or wrong? Katie wants a fourth Superstar.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I think I'm sure he does. He's not gonna get one, but I think that's why he said it. I think he said it because Katie, Katie, he has a real appreciation for other guys across the league, and all those guys did they do have real legacies. Harden, we think about the playoffs, all this, the step back and the euro step. He was better at those than anyone in NBA history. Kyrie was better at the eurostep than man it. He just was. Kyrie has the best below the rim layup package, one of the best, one of the top three in NBA history, and one of the top three handles in NBA history. And Russell Westbrook kind of made the triple double cool again. So all those guys do have unique legacies. Katies right about that? All right?
Speaker 3: Next after, Jamar Chase replied Pat Who when asked about Mahomes, Travis Kelsey told him to cool it right or wrong? Chiefs Begals? Is the is the best current envy? Oh my gosh, NFL rivalry?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? No? Are you doing all right this morning? I feel like you need some age, maybe get your brain popping a little bit better. You know they're right, but it won't be for long. The Bengals a bit off more than they can chew. This Pat Who thing is going to fuel the Chiefs all year. Two words have never had more of a detrimental impact on a team's ability to win a championship than Jamar Chase foolishly saying pat who all right?
Speaker 3: Next, Aaron Rodgers is speaking at the largest psychedelic conference in history in Denver this weekend. Right or wrong, We're.
Speaker 2: Going, We're not going, and listen. I'm not anti psychedelics. I have read the I won't no one act like I've read the research papers. But I've read the articles written by people who have read the research papers and the testimonials that micro too sing or very regulated use of psychedelics can have true therapeutic effects in dealing with trauma and pad and I believe that. I don't totally understand it, and it scares me. I believe it. I have no issue in theory with Rogers doing it all of this stuff. I have an issue with the general media hypocrisy because I think we all know that if we're I'm just gonna be totally honest, this is gonna get people mad. We'll get a couple of emails, we move on. This is something only a white quarterback could do. He couldn't have a Lamar Jackson, couldn't be out there talking about yeah this offseason, I went and tripped my ass off, and I look at the world differently now and then advocate for it like this is a very clear double standard on who we do allow and don't allow to talk about drugs and experimental drug use. So it bothers me in that regard that a lot of the same people who not that long ag go would freak out if guys popped a positive for a marijuana test. Now think Aaron Rodgers traveling going on international trips with the sole purpose of getting high. They think it's you know, adorable. But I am not a teetotaler. I'm not anti drugs, especially drugs in this form that are that do have some true, naturally therapeutic and healing benefits. Quick break right Back, will.
Speaker 3: Trade Welcome Back, Episode one sixty one, and now we're going to read the fan questions. Skeeter Andrews asked with Marcus Smart and JJJ Triple J.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jared Jackson Jr.
Speaker 3: Okay, Triple J. Are the Grizzlies the best defensive team in the league?
Speaker 2: They certainly could be. I mean, they have plus defenders all over the place. Now they are losing Dylan Brooks, who, for all his limitations, was a good defender. They could be. I don't I a locked in motivated angry Milwaukee team is probably gonna be my pick there for best defensive team. But we got to see Middleton just opted out. I'm sure they're gonna bring him back, but uh, they're on the short list. Yeah, all right, Next, this is a tough name.
Speaker 3: Devache Goel asked, Nick, are you do you think that the Celtics will have a leadership issue now that Smart has left?
Speaker 2: It's on the board. I listen, this is Jason Tatum's gotta step up. There's a lot of things that Jason Tatum, he's a great player, but that he has to improve on if they're gonna get over the hump. And I don't think Marcus Smart. I I respect his leadership, but I think they needed a new voice there, and I think it's got to be Tatum's next.
Speaker 3: Okay. William Turnbull asked question for Nick. Besides Mahomes going down, Oh, let's.
Speaker 2: Do big Let's do big cam first, Big Cam eighty seven?
Speaker 3: Okay, big Cam eighty seven? Ass Nick, where would the best landing spot be for Paul George if he is traded?
Speaker 2: Listen, Paul George fits a lot of places. Paul George is very good player, He's low maintenance. He can't. If he's your number one, you're screwed. If he's your number two, you need you need either a really good roster around him or an excellent number one. Uh. I'm trying to think of like a plug and play spot for Paul George that makes a ton of sense. I'll be listen. Lebron wanted to play with him years ago. Obviously that would fit, but the Lakers can't get him. I think he would be really good for Miami if they end up missing out on Dame and Paul George and Jimmy is the you know, kind of what they were hoping Kawhi and Paul George could have been. That one's interesting. I think he'd be really good with Philly. I. Boston obviously can't get him, and they don't need him at the I mean, you could trade Jalen Brown. They're not gonna do that. Uh, trying to think of other places that make a lot of sense. I don't know. I'll tell you one that no, that and I don't know. I don't think they could make this work, but that would instantly turn them into one of the more interesting teams. Daniels shaking his head. Oh, you say the MAVs. No, it would be great with you. He'd be great for the maps, great for the MAVs. It'd be just the guy you'd want alongside Luca. Uh, but they don't. That's that's not the one. Sacramento would be fun because you have you have your the homeless Man's Jokic in Sabonis. Yeah, and that like that is like that. The people got mad at me because a few weeks ago somebody said, like Jokic transformed to the game or something, and I just made the born. I was like, there's someone in the league that plays just like him. There's just worse than him and everything in Sabonis. But it's the stylistically, they're the same guy trying to do the same things. But people, first of all, didn't watch Sabonis ever in his career until this playoff series where he was terrible. He's way better than that. But and he's, you know, forty percent of the player Yokich's, but he's the same mindset. But you have that kind of do it all center. You have your point guard in Fox, a great wing to like replace Harrison Barnes minutes. Something would be great there. The map would be awesome, as well. All right, are you making fun of my hands? Right now? All right?
Speaker 3: Next, William Turnabull asked question for Nick. Besides Mahomes going down.
Speaker 2: Look, how dare you go ahead?
Speaker 3: What could be the reason the Chiefs don't repeat as much?
Speaker 2: That's hard man, single elimination tournament. I mean, there's a reason that nobody's repeated since the Patriots and three h four. But the biggest reason would be other than Mahomes going down is and I hate to even say this, but if Age finally gets Kelsey, I mean Kelsey is thirty three, which for thirty four. Maybe this point, which for a tight end, is ancient, and so I don't see. Uh. If Mahomes is healthy, I think the defense will be better, Like it would be that the receivers don't pop, and Kelsey regresses that would be the reason. All right.
Speaker 3: Last, Baba one one seven one asks Diorra, has your dad let you drive the new car yet? Or anyone of the family you see, since I'm supposedly part owner of the car, but I haven't.
Speaker 2: Been, how are you supposedly part owner of the car? Who told you that?
Speaker 3: In my cover? We said that we tell people it was.
Speaker 2: Mike oh yeah, sorry, my bad. All right, we'll fix that and postmm no doors yet to drive the car? Can you tell the audience about when I got the car what you did with your friends group chat. Oh.
Speaker 3: I took a picture of it and I put to the song. I put a song over it and sent it to my friends. I posted on my private story first and then I sent it to my friends and all my friends are like your dream.
Speaker 2: Car, And it was, but it was the context was that it was her graduation present. Yeah, which oddly it was your graduation present to me because from me to me. Because the money that I was spending on your high school tuition, I then just transferred that to my new car. And I don't have to, you know, one less high school tuition to pay for get the new car.
Speaker 3: The worst part is is I was supposed to get the old car, but it broke down too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but now you've you know, we've been I've been doing my research.
Speaker 3: I want an old car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you?
Speaker 3: But he won't let me get in the old car. No, because they don't have.
Speaker 2: Like airbags, yeah, and safety features.
Speaker 3: Well yes, but like the old cars are the best cars.
Speaker 2: Well sure, in some ways, but they're yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Uh like the old like broncos. Those are so that's.
Speaker 2: What your mom wanted. So your mom wanted a nineteen seventy nine land Cruiser.
Speaker 3: And use there's so cute.
Speaker 2: No, and the yeah, your mom wanted one of those as well. Yeah, you know, this was my turn, my turn for a car. Your college graduation present could be a nice little.
Speaker 3: I thought we agreed a little earlier than that. Don't switch up on me on Live right.
Speaker 2: Now after your what did I say after your second year of college? Then you're switching it up for me? What did I say?
Speaker 3: We said it after my freshman year? I can get a car.
Speaker 2: There was not like a yeah could I mean you could go to the moon one day. There's a lot of things you couldn't. I couldn't a lot of things you could do. We'll see. By the way, Ian Bagley reporting, the Knicks and the Clippers have had contact about Paul George. That's interesting. I don't think that the problem. This is what I'm the Knicks fans. I'm sorry, I love you, but this is what I mean when I say, if he can't be your number one, and if he's your number two. Your number one's gotta be awesome. Jallen Brunson's really good, but Jaylen Brunson Paul George's two best players. There's a ceiling. Those other teams we mentioned have a higher upside. All right, really good show, High five, Hi five. Check out the Northern California bus routes. You know it's for our next show. Talk to you guys on Tuesday, See you guys on TV today three o'clock. What's right, Si,