Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Player's Loude broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor sat De, Montrey Moore, and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 2: It is the Players Loud.
Speaker 3: I am not Newie Scruggs, and I'll say this again, I am the handsomer.
Speaker 2: Jesse Hollysoon Force.
Speaker 3: Newie Scrugs plays a lot of pretend to you by aristocrat. I got Barry Charge, Damonte Moore, I'm gonna call you, Anthony Dixon.
Speaker 4: I want to Anthony do.
Speaker 2: Right and on the phone. We have Newly Scrugs and I'm gonna get right into it. Fellas man.
Speaker 3: As of about fifteen minutes ago, bombshell news has come down. We thought there was gonna be a chill and easy Friday. We was gonna come here do what we do.
Speaker 2: He's having a hell up out of here about it during the weekend.
Speaker 5: And they got the day off out there too as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, until Michael Parson said, old contrail on to me, I got a little something for y'all. We've known the back and forth that they've been having Michael with the whole day, and then he dropped the big He dropped this is the big joke of today. He dropped the joke of the day. And Michael Parson has formerly requested a trade from the Dallas Cowboys. He has come to his wits end with this hold out. He has come to his wits end with the shots being taken at him. He has come to his wits end without the ownership contacting his agent, and he said, I'm out, I'm done, I'm finished.
Speaker 2: I want to be traded.
Speaker 3: We got Newie Scruggs boots on the ground in Oxnarth, California. We're gonna go to Newie and Newie. Give me your thoughts. What are you hearing? Did you see this coming? Did you foresee this happening?
Speaker 2: This is some big news coming from franchise player.
Speaker 6: It's big news. But it's not the first time that you've seen a player frustrated with negotiations with Jerry Jones. The first Dallas Cowboys training camp I ever covered nineteen ninety three and Mitt Smith was not there. Andmm Smith that led the league in rushing and they won the Super Bowl at Jerry Jones adamant about how much he wanted to pay him, and he was trying to pay him under what he paid Jerry Jones. And it was the first two games what happened, Emitt got signed. This is a part of how Jerry does business. Ceed laand went through it last year. Dak Prescott went through it. Zach Martin held.
Speaker 2: Out just two years ago.
Speaker 4: He was trying to make sure.
Speaker 6: He got his money straight. And at the end of the day, the great players Jerry wants, they all signed. All of them signed. I'm here in Los Angeles Kobe Bryant and told Jerry Buss, then trade me. Jerry Buss is like, no, I'm not trading. He finished his career with the Lakers. He won two more championships after the trade. Lamar Jackson he wanted to out of Baltimore. They resigned him. He won an MVP. It's now just Micah's turn here in the blender. Guys, it's there, Okay, it's gonna happen at some point in time. He's under contract, so they don't have to pay him. They're not going to get rid of him. This is his move. It's going to get a lot of publicity. We're gonna talk about it, but at the end of the day, Jerry Jones is gonna give Micah's money and he'll be a cowboy and then they'll hug and everything else and be just fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now he's one hundred percent correct on this one. Like you said, you know, Jerry hasn't lost a superstar via free agency. Let him walk in who knows how long, And this is this situation is not going to change when it comes to Michael Parsons. He's done everything correct in my opinion as far as this whole negotiation thing is concerned. I mean, he's there throughout all OTA's mini camp.
Speaker 4: He showed up the camp.
Speaker 7: He's been that consummate leader you know for this team, whether it's on the field or off the field, doesn't get in trouble at any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: And he's done everything correct.
Speaker 7: Since he stepped into the the Dallas Cowboys organization. I mean, this is a oka ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on, knew he just hit it on that. This is a pattern, this is the blueprint. This is under the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys have done for a long time. But if you've noticed, they've taken a little bit more of a frustrating approach this time around when it comes to Micah. Could this be I'm just I'm this is a Reckie speccy. I'm just throwing it out there. Could this be the moment in time where Jerry goes enough? The Ages got me figured out. They know if they just waited out that we're gonna bend over and we're gonna pay them and give them all the things that they want, all the years, all the no trade clauses, all of the guarantees that they want.
Speaker 2: Could this possibly be the moment where Stephen and Jerry go.
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: If they do that, it would probably be, you know, one of the worst decisions and organization has made in NFL history. I mean, I'm this this. If they say is enough, I don't want to. I don't want to, you know, deal with this anymore. We're gonna make him, you know, fulfill the whole contract. This is you're talking about the best player in your organization, on your team, the best one of the top three defensive players, maybe the best depending on who you're talking to in the National Football League. This is a game changer. This is not a guy that just puts up sack numbers. This is a guy that can change the fortunes of your franchise.
Speaker 4: And so for you to sit there and say, you know what this is, this is it. I'm done.
Speaker 7: I don't have enough. I paid this guy, paid this guy, paid this guy, you know, and start with Micah as the guy that you know you're gonna chock your hands with. I feel like that would be one of the worst decisions ever made.
Speaker 4: I get it because I might be a little missing informed. But when you said wipe your hands with it, from my understanding, you're saying, maybe the deal is taken so long because Jerry is about to finally do the whole give him every thing that he wants to put the opposite, Okay, I just want to make sure because okay, okay, yeah, no, no.
Speaker 2: Giving you everything you want like I've done before the.
Speaker 4: Past, to all your Okay, Well, then in that case, then you're right. I My sentiments are the same with you, because I do feel like you're doing a disservice for it to be the one person that has done everything statistically, they're off the field, he's like he's a voice. And then for him not to be a quarterback and have command such a market the way that he does with his media, being a president in the community and being that person like this is the time for you to say, hey, do what You're not gonna have buyers remorse like the Cleveland Browns had with Deshaun Watson or the narrative that's being painted right now that you have buyer's remarks with Trayvon Dick. If there's anybody that has proven that they're the guy right now, this will be the time for you to say, hey, let me go ahead and do what Jerry does in a big fashion. And like I said, it's above my pray grade, but somebody that actually deserves it. The only other person I could think of in NFL history like this, And just maybe I'm biased and doing my recent tenure, but I want to say Aaron Donald is the only other person that is deserving as far as putting up the stats off the field and doing all those things. So yes, this is the time to break the market by not maybe giving him the bank, but making do something that's gonna make him feel special and that he earned it. Because that dog is hungry, he's ready to get there, and now that he's displaying his frustration, we're seeing that I'm not mad at him for doing that, because he's been playing chess and not checkers this whole time. But this last move, it was a little bit of a checker's move. So let's hope that Jerry has a checker's reaction. So it's like this happened. This happened, so we could go ahead and be happy about it. But like Nui said, everybody gets paid and everybody is always happy at the end of the deal. We've seen it with De Bryan and the rest of the thing.
Speaker 6: All right, let me throw this in here, guys, let me throw this something Steven Jones has said for you many many years now, deadlines. Think about that deal. When did he get done? Right before they play the first game at the end of the day. They know as you get closer towards the season, Michael wants to play. He's a guy that wants to play, and he's gonna This is when you can put the squeeze and get all this stuff done. They know what they're doing. The franchise is the most valuable in the world. They gonna get it done. This is Michael's party's frustration. He could be mad and Jerry can sit up here all day long and say what they've been saying. Hey man, he had a contract this year for like twenty four million dollars and gotta go nowhere. You got to play here. And if you can't just sit out, because it's not like you can sit out and get in the years are cured. You know, he's not gonna go out and miss out on this money. He doesn't want to lose a year and not put a statistics. They're playing this game. At the end of the day, it's just gonna get done. And Mugga Letta will get a great deal because you know what all these agents do, and Moga Letter is a great negotiators. Not one age in the NFL right now. It's just gonna have a guy we're talking about is good stuff. Jerry like to everybody talk about the Cowboys. YadA, YadA, YadA. It's gonna get done.
Speaker 2: That's my people, real quick.
Speaker 4: Why but why wait?
Speaker 7: Why put your your franchise at risk for having a slow start by having one of your best players, your gain, your game changer, not be ready when the season starts.
Speaker 2: Why wait till the last minute.
Speaker 6: To get the deal with the new for the new defensive coordinator right with a new defensive court. I don't know, but you know they did it last year with CDL. This is just how they do it. Man, It's just I'm with you, but this is just how they do business. And once again, when you got the most valuable franchise in the world, clearly you know what you're doing because you're just making money.
Speaker 3: Left over, right, And yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: Sometimes good they doing a Netflix special on you either, right.
Speaker 8: And I mean, and we've talked about everybody that has been in the blender like new he likes to say, but that doesn't mean it's the right way to go about doing business. And at some point in time, you know, like everybody in the in the locker room is supposed to be treated the same, but everybody does not get the same treatment.
Speaker 4: Okay, And.
Speaker 8: There was something said a just read it just a second ago where it said that Stephen Jones said, Mike and needs to act like he wants to be paid. Well, what has he done doctor the years playing here, being at everything from OTA's being at the offseason conditioning program, actually holding in a camp as well, you know what I mean. So when you look at it, like at some point in time, you have to do something a little bit different from time to time. Everybody does not need to be negotiated the same way. And like we noticed Trellis, we fall in love with this game as children at an early age. There's no business involved in it at all. The Joneses are what they're businessmen by trade. We're football players, we're athletes by trade. We want to get back to what's normal to us. We want to be in a comfortable position. Like Church said, why would you have this man who is literally at camp but not participating.
Speaker 5: And typically what happens.
Speaker 8: When that guy comes back from a holdouts what some type of soft tissue type of injury.
Speaker 5: Okay, so now what was going on? We're looking at the second week.
Speaker 8: Of okay, and he's not participated, he's not in these drills. He's actually not getting getting to tend a chance to play. So at this point Michaeh has to also protect his best interests as well, and uh and make sure that he's really ready to go when that when when, and hopefully when that contract is done.
Speaker 6: And ready to go, you go something all right, Fellas, I gotta head over here. I'm trying to talk to somebody, right now over here, knock, start to see where I can get done for somebody, get back.
Speaker 4: To work, but not to be the dead. We all agree with it, and I know I'm about to get killed by the fans. Be gentle. Everybody that I'm talking to one is the player's lounge. We all have a player's perspective. So yes, we all agree Michael should be paid and if there's anybody that should be paid, it should be done right now. But also the point of players lounge is to give you that other side of it, that inside school and somebody has the place devil advocate. And so if I'm the if I'm owning the team, if I want it to be a GM, like, I'm gonna be real with you, I'm gonna have buyers remorse too, especially all the guys that I pay. When you think of deals like a Ezekiel Elliott deal, when you think of a deal like a Trayvon Diggs deal that's going on, like, yeah, I'm gonna sit there and say, man, hey, did I really maximize that deal? Did you deserve that? But in the same bread basket, you have guys like Zach Martin, Tyron Smith, Daz Bryant that earned their contracts and stuff like that. So from a business perspective, we know the shield is bigger than anything. The shield is always gonna win. And just like some organizations, I tell you right now, one they might get mad about it, but I bet you the Browns organization is mad about all the money that they spend on DeShawn and sitting there doing that. So when you have situations like that, and overall, speaking in the long term of things, people messing up contracts, it's like, I don't want to do that. But like I said, with that being said, anybody that's proven that he's done it, it deserves to be Micah. But I understand this is a business. Let's not forget that. Like we're paying, we're playing a child's game for a king's ransom. You think that I'm not about to go invest up make somebody one hundred million dollar type guy a two hundred million dollar type guy, or maybe potentially even we know Jerry, when he loves his guys, he loves setting the market, he might even give him potential ownership in that. Mike is a smart guy, Like he's gonna sit there and say let me do something. He ain't gonna give him. But I did but touch Jones, But no way with him being who he is in the media market, you don't think Jerry's gonna sit there and say, hey, I own the NFL network, let me give your own TV show or some backdoor deal. There's some land, there's something like he's going to make it special, and so it's just about, hey, how can you do it? And you know, we all know mister Jones when he's getting ready to get right there, he has two or three people saying slow down, don't do this, and do that. So my question is who's pulling the rings?
Speaker 3: I think on the business side of things, we've come such long way, right like when you talk about the media part of it, right like Mike is the president of bleacher Report. You know what I'm saying, He's the president of that sector of bleacher Report. It's it's not so singular focused where one people one person, or small where people control those type of things. Mike is such a big name that he's going to be have options to do anything with everything. And because he was associated with the Star, not not that he has to get it from the Star or the people that own the Star. Because of his his greatness, and it being in this uniform. The phone calls happen, man, the emails get returned, so those type of things. It is he trust me. He's not at Bleacher Parot by accident. Okay, Bleacher Report says, you're tied to that franchise. We're gonna give you the bag to do that, and forever, forever, forever, we'll keep giving you the back. So I mean the business part of it, I think a lot of people know. And here's also where your representation comes in. We're talking about now the Battle of the Forbes, right, We're talking about the Forest Battle. We're talking about Jerry Jones and the Cowboys being the number one franchise in Forbes evaluation. And we're talking about now David malu Getta being the number one agent and all the.
Speaker 4: Sports already a million over and negotiating contracts this year.
Speaker 3: So David hasn't figured out like he hasn't figured out, and he's going to have a plan set up for Micah that's going to take whatever he makes now and make him a lot of money for a lot of years. So it's just it's it's we've come to a different place now where you don't need the team to set you up for greatness. Mike is a big enough entity on his own that he's going to get all the brand deals that he wants and he needs. And he is a person who doesn't come with the checkered pass because a lot of times, you know, you don't you don't get you don't get the green dollars from the white people when you got a checker pass right Scared they don't want everything. They don't want to they got it. They're scared to deal with you or what you may bring. They're not bringing the back to you fact, you know what I'm saying. And Micah doesn't. Michael while he has this thing that he says in the media, that's the media, that's words, he doesn't have anything on his ledger that says this is a guy who we can't give one hundred million dollars you know, media distribution deal to You.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He's checked every box that you can think of when it comes to that. Like when I think of players like Michaeh, I can't help but think of Dion when he was playing if that makes sense, Like to have that magnitude of effect on the media market, go out there put the results down there. But the difference between him and the Deon Sanders effect, he has a certain humbleness about him like that. He's been showing like, hey, I'm the guy. I want to be here. He's saying all the right answers. And so for him to be in that that that position right now, he's played everything right.
Speaker 8: I believe that, you know, and part of negotiations with him having when the top agents was for that was all in negotiation tactic for.
Speaker 5: Him to hold in to begin with.
Speaker 8: You know, I definitely think that they was probably trying to see how much leverage they had up front, how soon it could actually get done with him actually being in the presence. Okay, hey, go out there, had those conversations. You know what I'm saying, talk, see where Jerry coming from. Report back to me, let me know what's cracking, and everything else like that.
Speaker 5: But now that we're.
Speaker 8: At this place here, okay, and it ain't no budget, ain't nothing else happening. You know, I keep running my mouth, I'm saying all the right stuff while I'm running it, though, but it's no progress being made. So you know, I'm like Michaeh, like how much longer do I need that It's not even about me saying I want to be off the team. How much longer do I have to keep sitting here watching and not being able to participate and trying to be a part of this team?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: So I feel where he's coming from. I understand, but I definitely think that him going to camp was part of their negotiation tactics as well.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our first break and we'll get back to this conversation. If you're just hearing this, Michael Parsons has formerly requested the trade from the Dallas Cowboys. This is the player's lows. We'll continue this discussion on the other.
Speaker 2: Side of this break. Stay right here with this will be right back.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem.
Speaker 9: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 4: Over Life is a workout.
Speaker 10: Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 4: That scary bridge.
Speaker 10: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with four five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy LIFTBAM. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownroyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownroyal dot com. Please drink responsibly to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Players Club.
Speaker 12: Whoa so cool like the club?
Speaker 2: This feel like the club.
Speaker 3: Where, Yeah, you tell yourself, don't say players Club, don't say players Club.
Speaker 2: Don't and you say players Club.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the players That's why youth camps wow, right right, the Players Club, the youth camps this summer, step the field, the Dallas cop was you camps the visit athletes of balls levels ages six to sixty yard body to learn for former NFL players. I'm at those camps. I'm there. I'm helping Danny mcray at those Dallas Cawboy Chillies at the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Campers will have a chance to learn technical skills and lessons on teamwork. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash camps to learn more. At the Players Lounge, we pick up the conversation that we had in the first segment. Michael Parson has formally requested the trade for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: He had a long, long.
Speaker 3: Message, and to summarize some of it, he said, I am tired of going with the back and forth. I negotiated in good faith. I thought I was having a conversation on leadership. A conversation about contracts came about. I thought we were just talking. The jones took that as bible and said that was it. And he said, my agent has tried over and over and over again to get in contact with the Joneses to know avail that they haven't been able.
Speaker 2: To do anything.
Speaker 3: He says, as of today, there has not been negotiations with the Joneses and his agent, David malu Guetta. And at this point he has said, and he being Michael Parsons, I want out is would this be the biggest Would this be the biggest trade I don't know, will this be the biggest trade request that we've seen last ten fifteen years when you think about in the National Football.
Speaker 7: League, I mean, I don't even think anybody goes close to this when you talk about it. I mean, even though he got a racket brain a little bit to think about it.
Speaker 2: But man, we're talking about a guy that's a.
Speaker 7: Perennial not pro bowler, but perennial All Pro player, like like similar to like you said, if it was Aaron Donald or something that was just like, nah, I need a trade request like that. That's the type of impact this guy as on this team. And so to me, man, it would be wild to steal something that I'm gonna send this to you, and to steal something that that that Demontre said talking about playing Devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: Is there is.
Speaker 3: There any any any goodness that because you're gonna get a king's ransom, right, Anthony, If you trade Michael Parsons, you're going to get a king's ransom, right. I would hope now you might be like Nico and them down there with the Dallas Mavericks and not get what we get for a star player. But this is just we're having a conversation, right, We're having a conversation. This is the lounge, Anthony. Could you see a scenario where if you traded Michael Parsons you could get back a hall that could bring you enough pieces to come back kind of Almo like the Herschel Walker trade back.
Speaker 4: In the day. I was about to say, give you.
Speaker 2: Get this team over the eye.
Speaker 8: I mean, respectfully, that's what you would want, you know what I'm saying, But there's no guarantee in the production that you're gonna get coming back in the building. You already know what you might let go proving, and not at the peak of his career.
Speaker 2: Yet, twenty six years old, young.
Speaker 8: He getting better, he learned the new past rush moves. All right, He's not even as strong as he's gonna be.
Speaker 4: He ain't even his grown man strength yet.
Speaker 8: So when you look at it from that standpoint, like, yeah, you would hope that that ransom would give you that and then some, but there's no guarantee to that. And so you know, when I got what's proven in my hand, I'm not too worried about what I don't know what's in my other hand.
Speaker 5: All righty know I got with the proof right here.
Speaker 8: So with that, you know, nah, man, like as much talk as we're doing about it, and I understand he wants to trade, and I can't see them letting that happen.
Speaker 5: I just can't see it.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna happen. It's really not like Jerry don't let his players go. But like you said, for Devil's advocates, so we're not like every other show, every other podcast. So we know he wants to get paid. We know he's the cleanest person in history that we're talking about, at least in my opinion as far as checking all the boxes, that deserves that bag. But nobody is above the shield, and I repeat, nobody is above it. So like if you trade him, you can be in a situation where you be like Miami Dawks and they stack up on all them first round picks and then all of a sudden you get a long haul in. We've seen it and damaka ensue that was the cornerstone for the Lions, and all of a sudden he went down there to Miami and the pick of his career and still was like doing numbers if we're saying that. So there are people that can get traded. You know, obviously Michael's wade cleaner. We don't think it's going to happen. But if you trade him, you don't think that an organization that's stockpiled like the Browns or something that got all these first round picks just sitting in their back pocket. Here you go, that's fur first round pick. We're gonna pay him. As a matter of fact, here, we'll take this right here and give you that. They'll do that for a perennial guy like you said, that's not even in his peak. So if if the business people and them Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and whoever else that the powers may be decided to entertain this trade idea, you will see one of those blockbuster deals where you're like, there's no way a franchise let them go. Nobody ever thought of. The Broncos will let go of von Miller right and his and his prime like that they let the colaborators with Khalil Mack. You go to. You think about when DeMarcus where he wasn't in his prime, but he was still giving you prime talent right there, and we let him go and he went and got a Super Bowl right there. So the right one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Speaker 7: Like they used to say, these other organizations, they would definitely you know Parson was over here. You know four first round is whatever the case may be, they would do that.
Speaker 4: But my thing is.
Speaker 7: When you with the cow when you at the Cowboys situation, you got the quarterback, right, you got the quarterback that that you want. You got the quarterback, You got the receiver c lamb all right, you got you got the corners on the back if they come in health, you got the corners. You got the d lineman in Michael Parsons the edge.
Speaker 4: We just paid somebody those are.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, man, No, don't.
Speaker 7: I don't want to I don't want to go. You got the cornerstone pieces. You got the cornerstone pieces already there. Why give away that cornerstone piece for like you said, some unproving this.
Speaker 4: They're not. They're not. And we all know that Jerry does it in the Everything he does is in a big fashion sense. It's America's team. When it came time to it, and people was like, old snap, that's about to get traded. Oh, Zach Martin, a guy that is arguably one of the best, and some people are best Cowboys player to ever put on the star had to wait and do that, and people were like, oh, Zach's gonna go. People are gonna line up and do that. And what did he do. He came out and gave them iconic deals within their own respect. Now it's up to the player if they decided to say, hey, I want to be team friendly. You got guys like Yan Smith and said he I just want to be here, but I see what's gonna happen later down the line and take those deals. And then you got other guys that said, no, I'm changing the market. Zeke changed the market, Dak changed the market. So right now, Michaeh has put the ball in his court to say whatever I want to do it. And so if he wants to change the market in some form of fashion, Cherry's gonna figure out how to do it. It's just about are we gonna give him the dollar amount or are we gonna do it this way? But somehow you're going to be the guy. It's just about being the guy in the right way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we all understand he's gonna get paid like that wasn't the question The thing for me is, but when you look at all those deals, the Zeke deal, the Dak deal, all that good stuff, and they waited forever to get the deals done. How those guys come back and start the season. You look at Zeke, Yes, he all said he was running in Cabo, saying that's how he looked when he came back. Eventually it rolling, but it took that much time for him to get rolling. You look at that how the communication, how the points was not as high as you know, we wanted to see from the Cowboys coming out the gate. I mean, I get it, you get the views and all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 7: When it comes to the Cowboys organization, it's just I mean, why I would you do that.
Speaker 2: Let's take our final break. Let's take our final break when we come back.
Speaker 3: I do want to ask you guys a question about how does this look from the outside end. There's other free agents that may be looking down the line and saying, is Dallas a place that I want to go? Are there are other players on this team that are like, you know, you got guys like Tyler Smith who's coming up with a contract. Is he look at it and saying, man, I I don't want to go through all this next year when I gotta get my money right. So from an outside perspective, we'll kind of break down how does this look for the Cowboys, how they handle their star players?
Speaker 2: Coming up? Decks on the players. Now stay right here with this will be right back.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand. If the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their set seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. To make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve. No crinkle cutfries, Texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one. Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunite with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chap of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with the bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge will the players play, but we also keep you re.
Speaker 4: Right here.
Speaker 3: This second is brought to you by Star Magazine, the official twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
Speaker 2: Training can't previews, I'm available, they should.
Speaker 3: This feature Scotty reports, position analysis, and a pullout schedule, poster and articles from your favorite Cowboy writers. Get your Training Camp preview today at your local pro shop or Dallascowboys dot Com slash Star. I am Jesse Holly from a Dallas Cowboy wide receiver, sitting in for the great Newie scrudg. We had we had Barry Church who had to step out. He got, you know, Barry Church, he'd.
Speaker 4: Be on the big money.
Speaker 5: Barry got Demontree Moore me.
Speaker 3: So we got Anthony Dorsett and we're we're talking about this Mica situation. This is the topic of discussion. I had some other things planned as I was driving up here today and then that news hit and it was like all hell broke, lose, don't nothing else matter. And this is a pattern that the Cowboys have had when it comes to playing their star players.
Speaker 2: But this is played out in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: These shots that they taken at Micah and that digs and hell. Terrence Steele was sitting at the crib eating the chicken pop pie and they take a shot at him. They backed the bus up on him, and King of got contracts and paying players that probably don't deserve contracts. And then now you're looking at argu the best defensive player in the league, and he has come to a point where he said, I'm done. I washed my hands with this situation. I no longer want to be a Dallas Cowboys because of their inability to treat me how I'm supposed to be treated.
Speaker 2: That taking shots at me.
Speaker 3: They won't negotiate with my agent, they try to back me into a corner of these conversations in these rooms at the super Bowl, at all these different events that they had. I want to ask you guys a question, because playing for outside teams and being in this league on the outside peripheral.
Speaker 2: How does this look?
Speaker 3: How does this look if you're a guy and you're a pending free agent, this is the year that you're looking. You know, you're saying, man, this is my last year in this deal. Whatever current team I'm on, Maybe I am too. Like Micah, a Dallas Cowboys fan, my family is I've always wanted.
Speaker 2: To giving me this look?
Speaker 3: Are there they are outside free agents? Are players on.
Speaker 2: This team I e.
Speaker 3: Tyler Smith, Deron Bland, Guys who have contracts coming up? Are they looking at this bike the situation and saying, you know what, Doug, I don't want no part of that. That organization. I know the name is dead and the star is dead, but they ain't. They haven't won much in thirty years, and now this is how they're treating their star player, Dematra. You give me the faceh I'm gonna I'm gonna let you rock out first.
Speaker 4: This is Kermit the Frog. Mean, if you ain't yeh man, that is their business and I'm gonna sip my tea at the end of the day. Like for guys that are in the organization, sure you might feel a little personal because it's like you work with this guy. If it's anybody that deserves it. Sure, but also you're taking a look and saying a step back, like if you're being realistic and if your agent is being realistic for free agents, guys that are listening to me or not or whatever, if it goes viral or not, like know your worth and know your value. But also with that being said, like it's gonna happen. The shield is the shield. Recruiting is recruiting. Let's not get it twisted. This is still America's team. This is still the most valuable team and franchise out of all thirty two teams. People will take less money just to come here so they can hopefully be the star on the field and realize it. As you mentioned earlier, the different brand deals, everything that's come along with it. You think, Micah, like you said Bleacher Report, Micah has cornerstone that corner, like Jerry has mentioned it in the past, like he's helped all his guys. Whatever you want to get into, we can help you get there. So they are sitting there saying like, oh, yeah, they're playing hardball. But at the end of the day, like Nui said, the facts are there. Their guys get paid just like anywhere else, they get paid, and nobody's looking at that. You're gonna sit there and be like, not me, I'm gonna do this, and that I'm gonna take less money. I ain't gonna play as hardball. And guess what, when you're a record breaking guy, it's gonna take a lot longer. Everybody doesn't get paid when they want to get paid. Some guys get paid a little bit early in this and that. But guess what. They left some chicken out there, They left some skin on the bones, some meat there. Well, guess what right now, Mike, I already told you he said I'm not taking this and that I'm gonna get paid what I want to. So for him to get paid like that, it's gonna take time. And so for him to get there with those other guys in those free agents, they're gonna sit there and say, well, shoot, they gave him that bag. I know they got the bread over there. Hey, that's America's team. I know I can get this money off the field. So people are still gonna want to play for the start. It doesn't affect it.
Speaker 8: Just thinking about the names that you mentioned who have all gone through this, and it seems like they were all cowboy draft picks.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, that's one thing all right.
Speaker 8: So in that they've gone through their first contract with the team and now they're working on their second, know what I mean, it may be their biggest one. Free agents they ain't just chasing cast they chasing championships as well, you know what I mean. And so it depends on what God we're talking about. He Jesse mentioned Cowboys ain't done nothing almost thirty years, you know, but pay some people, but they haven't won any championships. So as a free agent, if I'm looking at the opportunity, and it depends on what I'm chasing, okay, from chasing the bag, not worried about winning the championship or anything else like that, And I'm looking at, say some longevity as far as off the field things. And I know what this platform of the start can do for me. Oh yeah, I'm definitely interested in it. But if I'm chasing the bag and I'm chasing championships, as a free agent, looking at this situation here, like I'm knowing that I may come here from another team and have one deal here likely because that second deal here may be the hardest thing for me to ever get going, and somebody else may be able to pay me equal or close to it with less headache and may be able to get me to a better winning situation as well. So it just like Jesse, Yes, as a free agent, it would honestly depend on what I needed, what I wanted. And then I'm breaking down the structure of the team. Is this the championship team? What can we actually do with this team?
Speaker 4: But you proved, but you proved my points exactly what I'm saying that it's all the other outside stuff that proves and has the implication on what the original question was. Does this situation affect free agency? It's not. It's about what I said, the money, the brand, this and that, what you said, championships, rings and stuff like that, like Micah's situation.
Speaker 8: You don't think that a free agent sitting at home watching this is like saying like.
Speaker 4: Circus. There's certain people, Yeah, but everybody has a circus within theirselves, whether it's with a guy getting paid on time, a guy going to quote unquote a losing organization, and this and that. We all know if you're a playmaker, you're gonna change it. If you're a bad getter, you're gonna go get this bag. Like, yeah, there's gonna be some guys that might take it personal. The guys that have already made their money and stuff like that. Those vets. Yeah, they might say, hey, I don't want to go with the headache, so I'm not going to do that. But those are the guys that made their money, the guys that haven't got their back yet, they're gonna sit there and be like, it's America's team. I'm trying to get it, like everybody, what does every player do when we all came into the league. We can change an organization. We can change that, Like why not us? We're already anomaly by getting drafted and doing all these other things. I look at it where I'm betting on myself and saying, oh, they wouldn't do me like that, because I'm gonna come in here and do this or do that.
Speaker 8: In a different standpoint, I'm just saying free agents, everybody that's a free agent ain't got money.
Speaker 5: And everybody that's a free agent it may have some you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So what it boils down to, and what I'm trying to stick to is just a simple fact of like, as I'm sitting at home observing how they're treating their players that they've drafted that they supposed to already be in love with.
Speaker 5: I ain't part of that draft. They don't have no reason to love me.
Speaker 8: But for my production, I haven't been in that organization for a number of years.
Speaker 5: They haven't seen me day in and day out, show.
Speaker 8: Up, put my leadership to the to the to the point to the front of the everything that's going on, you know what I mean. And so as guys sit back and they watch all this, no, it's it's a turnoff to a lot of dudes.
Speaker 5: It definitely would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and perceptions, perceptions, everything is to have that half glass mentality, is it full or is it not? Like you said, I think I definitely agree with you as far as saying, there's gonna be some guys that are going to be turned off in that thing. But when it comes to talking to your contracts, those guys are typically the guys that's already made their money. The guys just say, hey, I can go over here and do this and do that before a guy that is sitting there talking to x's and those you're agent is saying get over there. And not everybody gets heartball like this with the cowboys when it comes to contract negotiation. Hell, they just paid the tight end. We didn't see it coming like that. Like there have been guys now outside.
Speaker 8: The tight that was hit their guy, but that doesn't have the amount of production, notoriety, leadership or anything like like Micah has that on this team.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, And then we.
Speaker 8: Talked earlier about you guys mentioned everybody else from Dak to Daz to all these dudes who have been in here put their best foot forward and still had to go through the whole fight and everything else to just get what they deserve, you know what I mean. And everybody didn't break the market or set the market. Some of these dudes got what the market was given. And if it's that hard, like I mean, if I'm Jerry negotiating, I see TJ White out there, I know what I got in my house right now. You know why let somebody else go set the market for you?
Speaker 4: Of course, I mean business wise you say that, but you're also now that's where it's above our pay grade. But your pride and egos getting into the way, that's where you are. I'm not going to say pride to ego, but that's where different. Who's gonna stick to their guns and say this and that and if I'm Jerry in my position and stuff like that, I'm the reason that the organization has gotten to where it is being worth the amount of money that is worth me paying the players like that, I'm gonna stick to my guns because guess what I'm gonna beat most likely guess what, who's gonna be here when you're going who was here before you got here? Who brought this here? So I'm gonna stand on that, just like a player gonna sit there and say, hey, I'm standing on my resume like this is what I did. And both of them are having a stale match. But guess what, you got two big horses that are round in each other. We don't know what's gonna happen. Who's gonna give first, and that's what it is. But we all know that whenever it gives and that Levy breaks, it's gonna break. Because the Brins trucks is rolling in. There's gonna be some type of deal or something that I'm telling you he might not have ownership, but he's gonna have some big land out there. And prosper Texas by Universal Studios.
Speaker 3: Well, the Cowboys will be back at practice tomorrow. They had a day off today, and boy talking about dropping some news on your day off. He ain't get fired the day off, drop some news on your day off. And I thank you guys for allowing me to join you today while Newie is in ox Star California. Yeah, mister mister noble himself. And uh, I think I may be back next week because I think so. I think Newie still might be.
Speaker 2: He still don't might be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, he said he was gonna be there until the game. So okay, next week, what Tuesday and Thursday? There you go.
Speaker 3: They'll be back with you guys, Tuesday and Thursday next week. Yes, so hopefully we'll have something more productive to talk about. Well, we're gonna get into training camp and players and things of that nature. But I appreach you God to let me hackle you. Uh, Anthonys Demontree.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Barry Church for Newie, Scrugs for Paul, I'm Jesse holly Man.
Speaker 2: And the soap opera continues.
Speaker 3: It continues, and we'll see what the hell happens over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Micah has dropped.
Speaker 3: The big joker. We'll see what the response of the Jones family is. But we'll be here back here on the players Lounge next week. Thank you guys for joining us. We'll see you next time right there.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.