Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your load glasses Malone. Now, what know what happened is Quiz had put out an album. Yep, so it's like this doomie you feel me like like we get thirty thousty thousand down loads a week or whatever it is. Quiz put out an album that makes sense right to make sure that we do a podcast.
Speaker 2: With Quiz without a doubt.
Speaker 3: So it makes sense to me, right.
Speaker 1: And then Monday, Wednesday and Friday, the live Lunch album was to help digital soapbox.
Speaker 3: What are you squinting that? Bro?
Speaker 2: So? No, I'm looking at something. I'm trying to see something right there?
Speaker 3: You know a computer.
Speaker 4: Screen that's two feet in front of your face?
Speaker 2: Did you know we could do this in four K? We wanted to.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know that's tight though.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see. I'm gonna try to put it up on there is your I don't know. Peter's thing might start.
Speaker 4: It's cool. The higher the K the older I look, so let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: So it's just mandatory you bring queiers on the pot. That just makes sense, Like you use your platforms to help your people. Like you, you don't really do that for your people still, but this is how poor people.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do that for my people all the time. I always always mentioned people.
Speaker 1: Still still on, still on everything, still poor as nigga, help yourself.
Speaker 3: You pull yourself up by your bootstrap.
Speaker 2: No, man, Shoot, I got so much man, you know what I'm gonna tell you something. Man, the older you get, the more you realize, man, that the men get treated like the worst ship in the world. Dog, So you ain't got if you don't have nothing going on though as a man, as a man, if you don't have no motherfucker monetary value, dog, you ain't ship.
Speaker 5: He still, I've been on you since, like for a long time. You've been saying that that you was like thirty five, bro, and it was just the truth.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: It's the truth.
Speaker 2: If you if you don't have no money, though, you're not worth grain of salt.
Speaker 3: I agree. Do you want to be loved broken?
Speaker 2: Man? I think you're supposed to be loved unconditionally? Bro?
Speaker 3: Why do you think that?
Speaker 2: Because I just think so, Bro, I love people unconditionally. No, you don't.
Speaker 3: If he was broke would you love yourself? Still hold up?
Speaker 2: That's a lot. No, you don't. I do love people unconditionally.
Speaker 3: No you don't.
Speaker 2: Yes I do. I love my kids unconditionally.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 2: How you figure that? You? How you figure that love people condition?
Speaker 3: Your old lady was to give you no vagina, you wouldn't love her?
Speaker 2: Yes I would. I'm gonna tell you that's not the.
Speaker 4: Want that no more.
Speaker 6: Remember remember in Merrivath's Children, al Bun used to complain having sex with the wife, sex.
Speaker 3: With the wife.
Speaker 2: You know what, man, I don't think people complain about that. I used to think that people men have this. I think everybody's trying to use each other. Everybody just want to use somebody though everybody getting used.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, yeah, I saw the video with the Little White Man you saw yesterday, and he was talking about how people want to be no, no, not you.
Speaker 3: He definitely wasn't players. He's not player as you bro.
Speaker 1: He was complaining that he felt useless at the time and women could make you feel useless. And it's like, still just be mad because his old lady expect him to.
Speaker 3: Do the same thing. He been doing it for thirty years. What he signed up to do like his job description.
Speaker 1: I told Still this, and he got to this argument with me. I say, bro, you marry a woman when you decide you want to take care of that woman forever. If that ain't your reason for getting married. If you married somebody because you want them to take care of you, you got married for.
Speaker 3: The wrong reason.
Speaker 4: That's why women celeb wedding and not the man.
Speaker 2: Exactly. See the thing a woman dog. You can't expect woman to take care of you like a man should expect. Never expect the woman to take care of him though.
Speaker 4: That's just not hardly expect to come back home from the grocery store.
Speaker 2: It's not manly, brother, expect the woman to take care of you. You feel what I'm saying. But I think men have been getting the short end of the stick man for the last hundred two hundred years. Ever since they invented the job. No, ever since they started just came on a planet, the man got to go hunting, he might not come home.
Speaker 3: They admitted the job two hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, ever since the job got offended the door, the man been getting the short end of the fucking stick.
Speaker 5: I mean, but like, what about you gave a woman a job before you, before you knew what the requirements were.
Speaker 2: You know what? That might be true, though, you know what I think? Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yet, hold up, still listen. I'll be honest. I won't even joke. Look, in a perfect world, women will just love you no matter what you got. But did he's in jail for racketeering.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of ship that starts with in a perfect world.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, did he's in jail for racketeering by himself. Obviously he's his own organization. I even got my dad to laugh at that.
Speaker 2: You know. Can you just picture this man's flight right now? Old Dog. Just a couple of months ago, he was on a fucking boat, like on the big ass yacht, Dog, just doing his thing, just eating whatever he wanted to do. Dog. Now he's in the cell.
Speaker 4: This is what happened. If you have enough money to be on a.
Speaker 6: Boat, stay on the fucking boat, dog.
Speaker 2: As soon as and I'm pretty sure he heard rumors that he's coming down the pike. I don't know why he funk.
Speaker 3: Would you get off a boat, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I took that boat. Drink the bomb Brazil Some fucking wear. And there's never got off and had somebody wire me. He making all that money, wire me a hundred million, and i'mnock them back for ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 4: You just have your ear at International waters.
Speaker 6: Just send people out on on on the tenders to go get supplies and come back.
Speaker 4: You can even bring bitches back out of the boat. Who cares the boat?
Speaker 2: I think, Peter, you over there drinking what you're drinking? Man?
Speaker 6: Oh, this is the Martinez. I invented it. The vodka Martini is the en vogue. You know, drink the jour in a lot of cirtcles these days. I'm in Miami. I know vodka martinis. I do Cubans calling dark.
Speaker 4: Rum, shaking and poured.
Speaker 6: It's the Martinez. It's the Martini and Espanol delicious, delicious.
Speaker 3: You never had.
Speaker 4: I've never had somebody complaining.
Speaker 5: No, you you you and Miami. You're talking about chicks and Long Beach. You tripped me.
Speaker 3: Oh they got him down here to well, I know that's my point.
Speaker 4: They got they got more of them that.
Speaker 3: We ain't got nothing on it on Miami.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying in of l A County, you hated Miami. When you're here still we're talking about because.
Speaker 2: It's expensive as hell.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 2: They put a service charge on every damn thing. I went to a red I went to a donut shop. Bro, dollars a ten dollars service charge some donuts.
Speaker 3: Why you get why are you getting donuts in Miami?
Speaker 2: Because they they had donuts with like the whipped cream.
Speaker 3: And you went to see if you go to Miami Beach.
Speaker 6: That's where counters off out of the girls and they go and they gouged you with the with the autograph for anything.
Speaker 2: I went to what's the little homely name down there, the little red looking dude, what's a little rapper name, Kodak Blake. I went to his shop, Dog. It was actually pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Oh, the the clothing store.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I asked the dude that was working there, I said, does he ever come in here? He said, yeah, he comes in.
Speaker 4: I go to the strip club on the other side of the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what's funny about this store, Dog, Bro, his story smelled like weed.
Speaker 4: I'm sure does. That's not that is not surprising to me.
Speaker 3: I imagine Kodak Black said he suber.
Speaker 2: Now though, Bro, that's good for him.
Speaker 3: But he don't work there. I don't have to work there.
Speaker 2: He might be he might be. Dog. I hope he was, Dog, I really hope, because he had sobriety. Dog, because I think I think drugs are ruining our community right now. Dog. Not to be not not not being facetious either. Drugs are ruining the black community. Dog have been ruining the black community. Alcohol alcohol. We Yeah, seriously, Dog, he you were about right.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that as a joke.
Speaker 6: I'm saying like to me rhetorically speaking, there's always this talk about like the nineteen eighties and crack and shit like that. There was an enormous number of vets that came back from Vietnam and then and outside of La Heroin, the community got, yes, just ravaged by Heroin for show up.
Speaker 2: I remember it when I lived in Cleveland. See, I remember we stayed in this apartment building and in the back you would see needles just all in the ground here. One was so big in Cleveland, though, just needles everywhere.
Speaker 1: Dude, no ceilings, yel my man, Peter bars in the house. I got my big brother Stell and I got my little brother quiz Man.
Speaker 2: Quiz.
Speaker 1: What was having y'all clap for quiz man Like y'all got some class man clapping quiz got a new project out.
Speaker 3: What's the name of it?
Speaker 1: Quiz project is called Grateful Grateful. Yeah, I remember that. I'm on the project, So y'all check that out on Spotify. We was having a dope rap conversation. I'm like, hold that for the pot. You don't got to be like you know, you don't got to be We could talk about it with it being, with it having taste's still start playing.
Speaker 3: We got loan to find that. Uh did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Yes? You heard it? Yeah, we heard it. I'm trying to do the applause thing. I was trying to see if we have the end of the plow. Let me see. I want to get it.
Speaker 4: We need a we need a professional soundboard.
Speaker 2: Did you hear Did you hear that right there? No?
Speaker 3: Hey, still you sound like a tyler with a new toy.
Speaker 2: Did you get this right here? This?
Speaker 3: Well, we didn't hear it. I heard that. Yes, I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop it. Yes we heard it.
Speaker 2: Years right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're making it the story I.
Speaker 2: Wish I want to I wanted to do the third Little Horns.
Speaker 3: We heard that, we got that, We got on.
Speaker 2: Better with you on it.
Speaker 1: This version of you is so much better than the version that's on Gangs the Chronicles.
Speaker 2: Well, i've been letting my my personality bleed over a little bit. You know, it ain't been on the show. Dog, I've been over there a while because you've been.
Speaker 3: On the Chronicles. Andre turning into a professional hose like not Robert Walters.
Speaker 2: Bro one more time for Homie.
Speaker 1: Y'all hear that, Yes, we heard it, So y'all hear that. Please stop you quiz, please stop.
Speaker 6: Just just just mut I'm.
Speaker 2: Gon to put that right here, right by me. Dog, just hit the button random, she says something funny left.
Speaker 3: Still, you don't have to make it yourself.
Speaker 2: After I'm gonna move one actual thing up here on the thing. So when I hear it, y'all can't tell.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, you have one a really dope conversation. And I said, hold it for the pod and we're talking about ice cube. And it's funny because me and Still have had this conversation off air and he was talking about cubes kind of what almost looks like three separate careers, right and he was talking about his third part and he's saying he kind of started to get questionable in his eyes, when obviously he got to the third period, right, which was we be clubbing the Yay yay put those versions. Yeah, And I get it because Stretch said the same thing to me. But what I've learned being in the music business, and you know, I don't want to come across all music businesses. But what I really realized, bro, was what's dope for him is right, you start off as n W as his writer, like everything is the lines you writing, right then obviously that's that first era where the Chuck d era and he came in and and he was writing and saying the hardest stuff. But the reason I think that's more a testament to how great of an MC is and a hip hop legend and and just a fantastic artist. His songwriting got crazy, Like think about it, right, Like initially you said he was like jay.
Speaker 3: Z before that.
Speaker 1: Jay Z never evolved into forgive Me Whole, because I know you listen to the podcast, but he never turned into the same songwriter ice Cube turn into. Remember, so ice Cube started as an MC that needed other people to do hooks on hit records to where he got so controlled with his songwriting, his record writing ability. Those songs are top twenty songs and he's on the chorus.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: He was just a fake Tupac with and all that stuff and no, but that's the bugs like them, dude.
Speaker 5: I mean, but I know, like the sound, the sound was changing, things were shifting, and he found his way to implement himself.
Speaker 3: And songwriting can be a big corny.
Speaker 1: I think that if you really think about it, still think about some of the greatest records wrote.
Speaker 5: But I'm a fan of MCS. So that's why, like.
Speaker 4: You're gonna critique like Snoop Dogg for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was hard. It was this was hard.
Speaker 4: It was a deviation from his his typical sound.
Speaker 5: But Snoop was never like a like a prolific writer like ice Cube Boy was, well.
Speaker 1: Noime, but they do something different. See, And I think when we hear rapper, we think writer. That's something I trip off of. That's not really what a rapper means. It's the connotation, but it's not like I think we fancied Cube and certain people as writers versus Snoop, who is actually just a superb rapper.
Speaker 6: I think wearate the terms writer and composer. Rapper's gonna write their lyrics, but you compose the piece or something like something that's.
Speaker 1: A little deeper. That's a little deeper. But let's back up before we go from there. Q Snoop has always been an incredible rapper. Now, if you question how great he writes or the things he's writing, that's a different conversation because that's where to me, the jay Z's, the nas and different people stand out as writers. When you hear the things they're writing, you like, oh these things to me and to me, not everybody has that talent. Yeah, So when Q moved away, when Q moved away.
Speaker 5: From displaying his talent in that way, that's where like it gets a little tricky for me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's the genius of it, right, because if you really think about it, from nineteen eighty eight, Well, boys in the Livele came out in eighty seven to be able to carry a career for eleven years on your own pen and then you're writing your hit records at the end of that eleven twelve year run, Like, what's crazy?
Speaker 3: It's my favorite Cube album?
Speaker 4: Is uh?
Speaker 2: The War album?
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily America Death Certificate lethough predator. I feel like as a songwriter and as an MC, he was at his his apex, his greatest by the time he became a much better songwriter to go with the M sing Now, I agree with you. I think as you become because I go through this now, as I become a much better record writer, you kind of leave M seeing IM seeing. I don't want to say leave it. That's not the right word. It's not as imperative because it's more about the composition of the whole record versus where if you j you really don't let me wrong, because I do think Jay writes some of the singing parts for some people, but for the most part he's taken like he didn't write Empire State of Mind.
Speaker 3: He just had the m C.
Speaker 2: The verses, They've been a lot of stuff too.
Speaker 4: There's certainly.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 7: I don't like thet I know, I personally don't like when the MC starts leaving the MC part. Well, I personally don't like that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I get it.
Speaker 6: There's a natural like there's there's a point of diminishing returns where stuff becomes too lyrics centric to be.
Speaker 4: Matt to get mass like audience.
Speaker 3: You know, I just understand you know what I'm saying. You know, you know who that is. That's Bob Dylan.
Speaker 1: Like Bob Dylan is regarded as one of the greatest writers, but he don't got the best records.
Speaker 4: No everybody else who does his songs after him.
Speaker 1: You know what, the greatest rutterer of all time though, And I think that's where as when we talk. So that's why I'm saying with Q, so I get it. I get it from MC because you are like a I'm a Pio pair amount MC like you are. That is your ship you leave with them seeing But because of our business.
Speaker 3: Our job is still to make records that the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you who started his career very much like a top tier MC without a ton of like you know, he ain't like us.
Speaker 3: We have the benefit of ice, Q jay.
Speaker 1: Z, Tupac Star, and we got hundreds of rappers. By the time me and you start rapping, there's hundreds of guys we could take up. If you were in eighty seven. Shit, it's melly mail about ten people, Like, how do you form a staff like stealing them era? How do you form a style just listening to the blow that was his.
Speaker 5: Name homeboy from like from Condon to Paramount and the girl you was day.
Speaker 3: That at the time, she was like, he's not like a Paul Paul. Oh yeah, what's his name? I forgot? He was cool though, Yeah, he was cool.
Speaker 1: But think about it, if you came inque like like Snoop, like like Snoop Steal q Day. All them dudes born between sixty eight and seventy three, they didn't have no rappers to really look up too. They might have had seven gods. They probably heard Melly Mail and was blown away listening to this Melly Mail That Melley Mail guy is incredible.
Speaker 5: Us scar Face before scar Face Mellen's nineteen, I'm saying before Scarface.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they about the same, about the same, I'd be willing to bet they was, like I heard.
Speaker 3: About the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, like like like that's the crazy part still, Like when you was fifteen in eighty five, who did you look up to?
Speaker 3: Who was the dopest? And King wasn't not ninety five, You're damn lie.
Speaker 2: King was five. See, I'm gonna tell you right up, Wayne.
Speaker 3: He wasn't eighty five.
Speaker 6: I mean still was fifteen, right around Lionel Richard's first album.
Speaker 3: Right Hill, No, you couldn't think, probably about closer to the same thing. The Commodore is in the seventies. A lot of rich he ain't to the eighties.
Speaker 4: Still in the seventies and seventies, sixties, baby sixties, bab.
Speaker 3: No, Okay.
Speaker 2: Big Daddy came to begin his career in nineteen eighty six, so I was sixteen, So.
Speaker 3: I said, who did you look up to it?
Speaker 1: That's why I specifically named the year, because I know when Caine, I know when did L eighty four, and he and they.
Speaker 2: Probably I'm for sure, was looking up the El Cool J around that time.
Speaker 1: LA was the hardest thing you heard in nineteen eighty five, he was, He was the hardest one year.
Speaker 2: No, but I like but l L had a little bit more Twain to him than Millie Mail, and I didn't like White Lions and all that. Like I didn't understand that song about eighty six eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven they all about so run DMC eighty three.
Speaker 2: I didn't really start getting heroes and rapped dog till about like the Cold chilling Erra too, like Cool wrapped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's your boy. That's Molly Mas. So you lean in the Beastie Boys. They have boys boys too.
Speaker 1: The Beastie Boys is a hard so no, but but if you think about that's my point. So like we had all these MC's to kind of really learn from a coin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's doing. We had we had little one off.
Speaker 3: People like like you just here.
Speaker 2: It was so new you would hear like a random dude that'd be hard, right, Like we had a rapper in Cleveland named Coach Sheks. He was around Melly Male's time. I think Coaches is better than Melle Mail, but he just never went nowhere.
Speaker 1: So again, like if you think about it, right, the Sugar Hills song is at seventy nine.
Speaker 3: When's third base, that's nineties. Third base is nineties. Yeah, that's like late eighties early nineties.
Speaker 1: Maybe Okay, no, because if you think of eighty five, right, you only have ll depth Jam's first Shawnee.
Speaker 3: So that's that came out in eighty four.
Speaker 1: Radio comes out in eighty four, which is dope because he just dropped the album forty years later this year. Right, then you had before that, you have Melly Mail. That's Grandmaster five and your Grandma's flashing. The Fierce five male was like eighty three, so he was around mo d was a part of the Treachers three, but they wasn't really tripping off mode.
Speaker 3: They didn't really respect the Fat Boys the correct way. To me, they just didn't. They didn't look up to rappers how we did.
Speaker 1: Where we could hear and be like, like I could love a scar face even before I wanted to be a rapper or Cube or Snoop or Drea. We had a thousand of them. They didn't have nobody but sixteple.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say this, the Fat Boy's dog before they start making the movies and Stuffy album was banging in the hood dog with in jail without the bell and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you didn't want to be the fat boys.
Speaker 2: Man who wanted to be you know what? But they was harding. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's the point I'm saying is like we so like when I back to the point when I look at somebody like you, I look at that differently.
Speaker 3: Like I get what you're saying, because his style did change.
Speaker 1: But I think it evolved into a better place as a songwriter like he evolved to last because like when Q first came, bro like, hip hop wasn't really topping the charts consistently, Like you know, Will Smith and them, Jack Jeff and Prince did well. LL kind of did well. Sometimes it was a couple of people Hammer did well. But hip hop didn't have a main stay on a chart. So if you was just a dope hip hop act, the streets just had to like you when it worked out, you know what I mean, Like Mo d I mean, excuse me, Kine or Rod. Them dudes didn't have no bunch of top twenty top ten songs and none of that. Them dudes n w ain't the same thing. They didn't have no top twenty top ten songs in the country.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you this. The Fat Boys bro not to just cut you walk with see, but the Fat Boys was probably just as important as Run DMC. Yes, as far as breaking hips to mainstream. Them dudes had a gold album in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: Dog at three gold albums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on an independent label. Though, Bro, what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, keep telling y'all, y'all shamed y'all, y'all, how y'all, what's funny is I look up to them.
Speaker 3: That boy was a kid young c is what early nineties, early nineties, you know.
Speaker 2: What the Fat Boys. I looked at the Fat Boys until they started going commercial. I don't like, nobody want the commercial. Dog. As soon as they start doing the tackle bill commercials and doing all this and that and doing.
Speaker 3: The getting it, they start getting it.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: We niggas get chick.
Speaker 2: I understand it better now.
Speaker 6: But now that now that you've got sponsorships all deck, now you understand it.
Speaker 3: Know that you don't want to butteries.
Speaker 1: Now you understand out the last five these three four hours ago, it.
Speaker 3: Was like sell out. It was that nigga bill you make this orderly. It was that nigga in college you went to the NFL. Got some bread you suck?
Speaker 2: Now, man, just think about this though. Dog hard. And I'm gonna tell you, what's the homie that got the song with cocaine out? That dude still.
Speaker 1: Spitting oh cool rock skin, Yeah, is still hard. This song he got with cocaine is already on their bus. Fat Boys was hard. I used to love the Fat Boys when I was a kid, but again with him, I was a kid.
Speaker 3: The better marketable acts.
Speaker 1: I noticed y'all didn't like and it's not I don't think y'all thought they were talented.
Speaker 3: You felt it was a gimmick.
Speaker 1: So I could see how if you looked at Disorderly, like I loved it.
Speaker 3: I'm seven the movie. Yeah, movie was crazy. That movie was, but I would imagine if you're the age, you know, you know what Disorderlies was.
Speaker 5: Like, I think Disorderlies is what inspired the movie bats.
Speaker 1: This Orderly is fire is crazy. But it didn't hit them that they could be cool and tell how.
Speaker 3: Because I was watching that ship as a kid too.
Speaker 2: It was like Fat Boys was great.
Speaker 1: But okay, the point let me right way, So again, like I'm saying, so my point to say, what's cubing them? They didn't have no So he came in the game competing with what was in the game at the time. Right he came in, it really wasn't much there, so he competed.
Speaker 3: With that, I feel.
Speaker 1: But what happened was during his reign, right, because it's fair to say Cube is the MVP of hip hop in nineteen ninety and nineteen ninety one, but guess what happened in nineteen ninety two? Snoop Dog happened, and Snoopy came this and I always say this, I say on the Bretherst Club.
Speaker 3: Now the conversation is spreading, and I see a lot of people.
Speaker 5: I was listening to Doggie Style in the gym today. It's a top five hip hop album by far you know ch Yeah, yes, it's not as rich, it's just greater.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: But okay, so, but dog happens right, and mind you, dog writes to Chronic too, But dog happens right. And then dog becomes this thing that really never happened. Now he is number two in the country, Like, why is this song with these dudes?
Speaker 3: Is talking crazy? The number two songs out of all records.
Speaker 1: And then Dred comes out This is a distant easy It's number four in the country. And then let Me Ride drops right, shout out to uh to uh to steal steal man. Yeah right, then let them get Little Ghetto Boys is top forty. So like, you have one album that has four top forty songs. This ain't even his album. He just wrote it, right, and then guess what he comes back with Doggie Staff. It's four songs on on there that are top top forty.
Speaker 3: Songs, their top ten songs. Hip Hop now is competing.
Speaker 1: With the best at it's competing with Michael Jackson. You know, they got the biggest songs. And Cube is watching this happen. He go from being a dope MC and writney songs. They don't have to be huge chart topping smashes. They just the culture. And then he looking at dogging them, He like, what the fuck is like, what is happening? And then right, so this happens and then they come back. They got the Now Biggie is happening. Now Biggie got top ten songs, the remix to One More Chance and Big Poppa. And now there's a hip hop, right, there's a hip hop that's woolf Tang where it's like these are the biggest hip hop songs and the urban songs. And then you got hip hop competing with Michael Jackson. Commercial.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you it was unapologetic gangster rap dog and I think because.
Speaker 3: We didn't like out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was it was music that was so hard. They didn't sell out, though, Dogs.
Speaker 1: But Hammer didn't sell out. That's just Hammer's entertainment. But I get what you're saying, but let me make my points. So now you have hip hop like Cream, you got Illmatic, and these songs are doing well at the highest level of his black music. But now you got these other the other stuff that's competing with every Songhy you Cube. It has already been in the game as a top EMC for seven years in the game, right, for seven years as a top EMC, and then Park's happening. He's like, these guys, are I have to wear?
Speaker 4: Come g you think it's fair.
Speaker 6: At that time, there hadn't really been like the like the sound cycle over time hadn't eclipsed twelve o'clock a second time yet to where there was like two point zeros, you know what I mean, Like to where you could say, oh this this has a vibe that throws back to whatever it sounds like a everything was new over new. So yeah, you're kind of finding the evolutionary clock. And then a few years after that, because even at that point, that was right after Snoop's No Limits sound came out, which was different than his previous sound.
Speaker 3: But let's back up.
Speaker 1: Before we get to ninety eight, you know what I mean, or ninety seven, Let's just stay in that window of ninety two December ninety two, the chronic to ninety six.
Speaker 3: This is what cbe so maya cube in.
Speaker 1: Ninety two he had already been to MVP for two years ninety and ninety one. He was a part of what became at that time the greatest group in hip hop to some degree. If you wouldn't say run DMC, you say NW for sure, it's the greatest West Coast rap group.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So you eighty seven, you wrote a big impactful culture record, Boys in the Hood for Easy. That's in eighty seven, and then ninety two you are supreme. This is what the top looks like.
Speaker 3: I got a signe note real quick, right, But then dog happens.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing happening. Ice t iced T told me that. He said, Man, I hit the pinnacle. I was selling the same records LLL was selling. He said, So I started to make rock because it felt like I hit the ceiling.
Speaker 3: And guess who comes and lifts the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Snoop lifts the ceiling in the ceiling that's been there the whole time. Just touch it or you don't, So, cub, what was your side note?
Speaker 2: Quiz?
Speaker 5: Still I'm still might be biased. Bone Thugs in Harmony. Top five rap group.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, especially the earlier works, because you got to remember at that time they came with something that was so new.
Speaker 4: Bro, you're in your top five.
Speaker 3: I believe, I say, I say for sure, top ten. I'm not sure about top five.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't know if they in top five group of all time. I think they were probably one of the more original groups, though Dog.
Speaker 6: Sound came out first, Like did they come out before that Chicago Sound?
Speaker 4: Did they just get big before the Door Dies of the world?
Speaker 2: And they were different from Chicago's. They had the melody in the dude.
Speaker 1: It was like, well, even though you're good, it wasn't the melody. The Midwest always had melody.
Speaker 3: They had harmony. It was like the Beach Boys harmony.
Speaker 1: Top five No, no, no bonus, Top five, Dog Pound, no Outcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, top five is probably gonna be Wo Tang. The Locks, No, the Lox isn't Top five. Locks ain't top five in New York for groups not New York. Are you crazy? I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not going locks over. Locks are one of my favorite and ain't my er, but I'm not going. I'm not going to lock over Wang. I'm not going locks over. I'm not going lots over fat boys. I'm not going locks over uh tribe, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I'm not going locks. What's that?
Speaker 1: That's five right there? My yeah, in the top five all time? Yeah, Bone does it's the greatest group out of the Midwest. Hell yeah, out Cast the greatest group out of the South. Bone is the greatest group out of the Midwest. N w A is the greatest group out the West. By Wu Tang is the greatest.
Speaker 2: Group out the East.
Speaker 1: Ghetto Boys, I'm gonna go out Cast over Ghetto Boys, U GK over U g.
Speaker 3: K two our cast.
Speaker 5: Though I'm just saying like, oh wait, looking at it when I started, and that I didn't know if there was like top five.
Speaker 3: I believe the game hold on.
Speaker 4: Pempsey made it abundantly clear in that interview that Atlanta is in the Eastern Standard time, and then they're not the South.
Speaker 1: He did say that you could have Atlanta, it's not the South.
Speaker 2: No, So.
Speaker 1: What's your watch time? What's your watch when you said the time changed, don't it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: That was my man, bro, the first one that ever showed me love so yeah, so I look at Cube, right. So Cube had been in the game. Remember Cuba is the second g N M C so like he had been in the game before that. But to watch the third generation come and raise the ceiling raised think about it. Rock Kim didn't raise his game. Caine didn't raise his game. G Rapp didn't raise his game. The only guys from those those first two generations that raised their game l ll I, c ice C, Fresh Prince, he raised his game. Uh, somebody else too that I'm not thinking too short.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that. You think he raised his game?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he became an incredible where he was making smash hit records doing his hooks. That's crazy for him. I can't even imagine me being on a number ten record and I'm doing my hook That argument, huh Q.
Speaker 6: Because at the same time LLLL had that had a whole different sound of coming, like love song.
Speaker 3: Type he made that Who that was? That was the second album.
Speaker 5: He's talking about when he started doing records with Pharrell and Boys to Men and he raised his game.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Like LLLL was love songs, he just switched up started.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like the sound other than that one, but like him, he had knock You Out and then he's got like But.
Speaker 3: That's what's crazy is that's third, that's third, even even fourth hen knock you out as I'm bad.
Speaker 1: And what's crazy is that's true. And what's crazy is that was the rebirth of What's Your Boy? Who created a sample in the way we knew it? Yeah, that was mal Mall came and did that LL album would Knock You Out and around the Way Girl.
Speaker 3: That was a big moment from all that's Moll's biggest album.
Speaker 1: Who came out in mid eighties and all that stuff where he just had the Heavy D records and the Cultural Records came and produced smash hit records. So again, the point I'm saying still like when that third group of MCS came around, they raised the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Well, i'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna tell you you're sleeping on two. I'm gonna tell you who was a record making motherfucker back then? Heavy D was hard, but he was dope the first day. Yeah, what I'm saying off the gate he was dupe.
Speaker 1: But but again I agree, But that's the point of what we're saying about Q, where Q wasn't what heavy D was. He became what he needed to become to compete against third and fourth generation in seeds. That's crazy, Like oh Snoop wasn't just gonna have a space at the number one hits. Guess what he doubled back started dropping hits. He figured out whatever it took as a songwriter, as a recordmacker, like.
Speaker 5: Just making art or art that he fucked were he believed and he was a competitor that figured out how to compete all the in the arena that he was existing.
Speaker 3: All the time, and he wasn't gonna let you get away. I can fuck with that. People like I've heard that, I can fuck with that.
Speaker 1: I heard Pock even say in an interview. He's like, man, Q, you know Q. You know he wasn't tripping like this. You took some of his staff. You didn't have no choice but to come in and take Q style. If you came in this business in ninety ninety one ninety two and you were trying to talk tough, that was the centerpiece of talking tough. So everybody took you scarface and Q. You know what I'm saying, that was the thing. So that is part of the game. Like I think forty is brilliant at that Forty another one that look at what's happened and then he like positioned himself with his own style to make it happen like how it's happened.
Speaker 5: I just feel like with forty, the change isn't that drastic, Like it makes sense, like he's he adjusted to like what's happening, you know what I'm saying, Like he finds a way to beat himself inside of what's going on. Where like Cube to some degree became a different character.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if because I still think it was the same version of a South Central rapper, but I think it stopped being focused as much as what I'm saying, as much as how I'm saying. How I'm saying is where his jang really elevated.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I think how he's saying it is why his records got better. He started to know how to say it that that would make us all be like say it with him.
Speaker 3: I did fou push farms like way though.
Speaker 1: All I mean, if you think, because we're talking about that version of Cube is ninety six, is that bout down it start says about it. Yeah, right, and then so bout all became like this they got smash records on here by then is a huge red right, this is him on the hook the world go. We think about how rare that is them. There's no singing on these hooks.
Speaker 4: And those songs. I mean like that was around the same time as Westside.
Speaker 3: No No, that's that's a butter. That's Butter and.
Speaker 1: Qbe together, which Q don't get no credit because mine you. Q produced Matt Tim's first hit record, foll Life. He co produced a lot of the songs, so again his record writing. And that's what I'm saying, Like I'm not trying to say I don't see his change as MC, but where I do see less or the focus as far as how we see them seeing being the writer.
Speaker 3: I see the growth as a record writer.
Speaker 1: And you can't do nothing but really respected, like because Snoop came and changed the game right from stealing them head that everything before that was rock Yim, rock Kim said, rock Kim, Q Snoop everybody, Huh.
Speaker 2: I wish Bob Kat would tell I was here to tell this story. Man. He told me about how he was excited because Michael Jackson called them to come in the studio him in the L L right, and he said he went there. L was doing the record man, and he was in that like I need love mode and he said that Michael Jackson man was sitting behind the thing and was like, you know, looking at a rap and he just turned down. He says, no, that's not what I want. I want. Mama said, knock you out man. He said, not that soft ship, he said. Michael Jackson said, just like that, not the talk shit. He said, He'll go back in there, tippy the teo and Mike's like, oh, that's but let's just try it another day. And I used to see Michael being like how you know he was mad. Then Bob said he was gonna leave right, but he was hanging out. He went out on the thing and he saw Heavy D pull up in that ge and he said, Heavy D winning that motherfucker and right now. And Mike said, hey, if I want you to give it to me, give it to me rod Hard.
Speaker 3: He said that that's a sound clean.
Speaker 2: He said, Heavy D winning. The booth went jam jam. He comes to man and Michaels there going crazy, turning it up he said, man, he called, man, that ship over with you gonna get on that song?
Speaker 1: Though, LLLL had a better, bigger and death for though LLLL bad was better than Michael Jackson Bad.
Speaker 3: So fuck it, I'm bad. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: How about that? Yeah, you don't like that at all. LLL is better than Michael Jackson's Bad.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not Michael Jackson. It was your but Michael Jackson's world Wide.
Speaker 3: All ship is booth for too long, you know what.
Speaker 1: That's all Corney's head man heavy D was hard though. You know, Prince was supposed you know, Prince was supposed to do that. It's supposed to be a collabe. Bad was supposed to be a collabe with him and Prince, and Prince told the story and Prince was like he read the First Life, Yo, Butdy's mind, he said, who's going to say that?
Speaker 3: Who's gonna say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bad was llll COOLJS bad was better than Michael Jackson's Bad and make it last forever.
Speaker 3: Sweat is better than Michael jack Prince.
Speaker 5: If Prince and Michael Jackson would have did Bad together, light skin niggas will not be able to breathe to this.
Speaker 3: So yeah, nah, I respect. I respect what I respect, q Bro.
Speaker 1: The more I see it and I get what happened, like when I when I clock it in real time and I see, like you come out of you on top of the world.
Speaker 3: You the man. Because Chuck D was the pinnacle.
Speaker 1: So everybody looked at Chuck public enemy was killing you know what I'm saying, And it was like they was they were still hard and still had commercial appeal, you know what I mean. So that's that's the highest you had to ridge to t and it was doing their thing, that was the highest you had to ridge to.
Speaker 5: So for him to write from that n w A stuff, so then like his own solo stuff and then like like you.
Speaker 3: Said, co produce.
Speaker 5: However much he different Mac Tim's first album west Side Connection and du yeah let.
Speaker 3: It Go, and.
Speaker 4: He was in the studio doing those types of songs sounded very different than like.
Speaker 3: West Side Connection. He was like, that's about the same time. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You never heard.
Speaker 3: You said what you ever hear every D album? Of course, which to Blue Funk?
Speaker 2: Did you ever listen to Blue Funk? Blue Funk was probably best album.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was a huge heavy D fan, but I'm surprised y'all like him still. I usually don't never let don't like people that was making money at the time I was making money. I was calling him a sellout on early hip hop y'all. I was like, y'all didn't like enough. They thought l was corny, they thought Hammer was corny.
Speaker 2: I like when it was this niggas, when he was this nice. There wasn't no money.
Speaker 3: He's just showing his way.
Speaker 1: When he was starting the problem that got him killed. That's my I like that put.
Speaker 8: Yourself that was That's a real What was that she blow tishes Stevie Delicious?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Alright? And you know it?
Speaker 2: Delicious? Got Lord?
Speaker 3: That was girl.
Speaker 2: Biggs that That was on Biggies on on the on the Flavoring your Ear crazy Max song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Let me see something that crazy hate is so crazy when you're making money. Remember was a real song? Who fatty girl? Remember duringham was that Vice Later Days or something like those? I listen, I love.
Speaker 5: That's where r That's where Vibrant Thing came from.
Speaker 3: I like that too. Yeah. Vibrra things crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, run Thing, Vibrant Thing. I just think that song.
Speaker 5: Was did most of LA's L's new album, right, yeah, the whole thing. Yeah, that's that fire bro.
Speaker 1: That's some good on the forty years Yeah yeah, that nigga MC and still it was crazy is to me, that's a perfect example. He like, I ain't tripping off the record, right, I'm finna just get bits. Yeah, he really brought him his head like it got with him. Like I was like, oh, forty years in you're getting with four generation m C generation.
Speaker 3: It's some good songs on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. I think that ship is dope. I can probably listen to it about six seven times. I ain't heard the album that's that will put together in a long time. Like I like the Grilla album a lot, and but it ain't strung together. It's just a collection of cool songs. But that that LL record force. That's orchestrated. They got busy, that great sound. Yeah, Steve, what was it with y'all?
Speaker 2: Man? Why did you why?
Speaker 3: Why did y'all? Why did y'all y'all hated anybody that was successful?
Speaker 2: No, it's not that we just didn't like to sell out hip hop?
Speaker 3: How was it sellout? Because it was selling out?
Speaker 2: Well, man, I appreciate it. I didn't like this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I was coming to see your ship, is what I was reading this.
Speaker 5: Uh, I was reading this thing about like the history some of the history of music, and the goal for music period is to sell out. Like in the beginning, you want to sell out of sheet music. Then you want to sell out a venue. So if you're selling out, like the point is to sell out of a product, of course.
Speaker 3: But but if they didn't like it, I don't get it. It was like this hammer ship, like women dancing in the club. How dare how make people have a good time?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: You that people have fun? You want to go? Did you see dancing? They're supposed to happen to the church? Still, hey, you forget my stream what you're doing? And still you was dancing? You was dancing with chicks to dis records. Man, everybody, I just I just sat on the wall and I just steered at everybody.
Speaker 2: The record.
Speaker 1: I just start staying radd like this just kicked it. They just kick bunch of dancing. Yeah, it was a horrible generation.
Speaker 3: That's what that's like.
Speaker 5: When I was as much as much as I'm an and like wrap, I was going to come on, I was going to parties. Bro, I want to be in a cipher.
Speaker 1: I did not want to be in No, you do not want to be in a cipher where the hose is at Bro, that's no way be like that's back in the air.
Speaker 3: The niggas to dance against each other in the holes and the music propt. Watch out man. They put the cardboard down.
Speaker 2: Get the.
Speaker 3: Story, baking, dance to the face, combat to combat.
Speaker 1: They start balleting. The girls sitting right there just looking like. Uncle Luke came and shore. I know, y'all so mad at Uncle Luke.
Speaker 2: Well you know what, uncle. We kind of like that though, because the girls crazy stuff. Uncle Luke came on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was so bad dancing about killing biggie. That's classic, man.
Speaker 2: Man, I remembers in the clubs people dance with that.
Speaker 3: I bet you they did.
Speaker 4: Next to look at the bar like you know, around cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cool to be have fun. It was cool to have fun. It was cold to like girls. Man's stelling him. Man, they was like that, Watch out girl, Watch out girls.
Speaker 2: I wasn't mad that met the man.
Speaker 1: When he did, they had a real party like watch our girls, y'all get on the wall.
Speaker 4: Because the girl in that song's video was like sitting in an alley against the brick wall.
Speaker 2: We would that he came like, ain't no handstep. We would dance with that.
Speaker 3: Man, just.
Speaker 2: Come on, dun. I was like, you know what Marie used to look so.
Speaker 3: And he over there making that money man still was it? Was it a Georgetown starter jackets or he was after that man?
Speaker 2: For which one song? I here high school? Now you know what we used to wear the triple goose. We used to like the triple fat goose.
Speaker 3: Even since even Cleveland they thought they were New York. Oh like the bubble jackets, you're like the big bubble jackets.
Speaker 2: We had those right there.
Speaker 3: Out there. Yeah, we were you You weren't doing nothing out there.
Speaker 2: You had one gold too for your mouth. Everybody would buy a gold tooth from a liquor store, put it right there and had just like this had one gold tooth windows. Everybody was very on New York's tip kind of like. And then the West Thoas came out and everybody started thinking they was from California. When Colors came out, everybody started talking about they had a crip game.
Speaker 6: Colors when when Let Me Rider came out that everybody cleven the side. Now is the time to buy a car.
Speaker 2: We've been at car Cleveland always wasn't.
Speaker 3: Just talking ship. Yeah still man, y'all, I don't know what John problem.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm I'm proud of a cuge journey though, Bro, I think I I think our journey was. That's really, to me, the testament to how great of a true hip hop artist he.
Speaker 3: Is, even as we started fighting. I just if he didn't.
Speaker 5: Start that, Bro, how smart he is as a human to like be able to digest and process what's in front of him and then hard to compete and then plug himself in.
Speaker 1: Think about it. Rock Kim didn't. He didn't transition out of the second gin.
Speaker 3: He never did. A lot of them didn't.
Speaker 1: Caine didn't, None of them dudes did. The only one that came out was Els before them, Els before Kane Ellens, before g rap Ellen's, before Rock Ellen's eighty four as a dude, it was crazy as l and and and and and and he one year older than jay Z.
Speaker 3: One year. That's crazy, that's super crazy.
Speaker 4: It came out like sixteen. He gets signed at sixteen or something, that. Yeah, like the little Wayne of Queens.
Speaker 1: He's really like how they say Nas is the golden shot. Elle is the real golden chot. He's the real one, underrated. Lift them jam over his head, made it work, Give me think about it.
Speaker 3: That's almost. He came out twelve years before Jay.
Speaker 1: He's a year older than Jay, so he had twelve years of records before.
Speaker 4: And couldn't clock a billion.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, that's why I don't be believing none of that stuff, man, because all that stuff is fluff.
Speaker 3: Ela is the guy. Man.
Speaker 5: What y'all uh, y'all think missionary gonna sound like?
Speaker 3: Oh this dreads snoop record, It can't be bad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know how y'all get to them ages where y'all start just coming up with ideas and don't know, ain't.
Speaker 2: That on a thing with them marching with a nun or something.
Speaker 3: No, they're saying missionary like Doggie style or.
Speaker 4: Like laying on the missionary like on your back instead of on your knees.
Speaker 2: A woman.
Speaker 1: You know how you get older, how you see what your old lady? Now y'all all just doing mission?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 8: What's still well?
Speaker 3: You got thought it was a church?
Speaker 1: Just you want mission It was for the Georgia governor. Yeah, just get old and really crazy.
Speaker 2: All the.
Speaker 4: Because they moved to the move to San Fernando or something.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be out there and the Bible mission. That's my that's my.
Speaker 4: This is my ticket in I could. I could come in on the MC name and see peril, Sarah.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Still you it's missionary because it's like doggies down, like you know, Doggie staff.
Speaker 3: That don't make no damn another EXPERI.
Speaker 4: Sixty years old need to call that ship Viagara, not missionary.
Speaker 1: If dra gonna put it out, it can't be bad, now, is it gonna be something that's going to All I wanted to do is compete with ll cool J and Q Tip. That's it, you know what I mean. I just wanted to be that good as a project.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Stop hating, bro. We already agree. The Continent don't count. That's the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: I forgot that, THEMN two together long as it's as dope as the LL cool J Q Tip album, the NAS, the NAS hit Boy album, the Common Pete rock album. That's all I'm expecting that coming Pete rock album.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's all I'm expect.
Speaker 1: That's all I want for it to be successful and just need to do twenty to thirty thousand first week it it's all I'm asking, that's it, that's all. How could you ask for this thirty four years? I said first week.
Speaker 5: I just feel like aligning it with Doggie style is like, it's just a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why they called the missionary. They wasn't smart to call it Doggie too. I think he forty could make it a major way too. I think it no matter, but I think dog were dog and dre Ben Bros. They so past anything like it. What are we really thinking? Are they gonna make a like a modern day Jen and Juice?
Speaker 3: Probably not. It's not gonna suck up nothing.
Speaker 1: Long as they longest it's dope, Like long as it's listenable, you're like, man, it's put together really well. They take their time and and get a nice cohesive thing, and you put the original suspects on the corrupt on their er else.
Speaker 5: See, ain't be wrong with how did that happen? How did Eric Sherman become an East Coast funk nigga?
Speaker 1: He's the original. He's the original. He e PMD was big on the West. Yeah, but like how did he become just said he on the album?
Speaker 2: I hope there? Why is it? Why not?
Speaker 4: And I think that was kind of before there was like he kind of pre existed all of those categories. This is doing what he liked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he fucking it that.
Speaker 2: The thing is on the athod man is on a.
Speaker 3: Mhm.
Speaker 6: I think if the forty does another album, he should change his name to the sixty.
Speaker 2: No, he probably should. He should probably do another Christ say I want to be saved. That's what he should do. That over again.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is I just back to the point man. I just think cubes Journey is dope.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: I just think where a lot of people where a lot of people see the back end, the adjustments to compete the people like, oh that ain't quite what you used to do to still be at that and lead level where that generation was at.
Speaker 3: That says a lot. Yeah, that says a lot. That's a that's a solid perspective. I respect this as a guy.
Speaker 6: I would off to have him are here because because he's a dude who's done a lot of stuff in different areas. That was not fully like independent, but like largely in like his cinematics.
Speaker 2: Clubbing that you're talking about so masterful. Yeah, yeah we be clubbing, Well be clubbing. Niggas don't know how to act e I p s in the second numbers. Niggas like him, dumber to get the smarter only shark to swim in here and no water that you're doing ships.
Speaker 3: You don't think aud.
Speaker 2: You know how the lone with many nigga back in so we can smoke a dub down to bump all these bitches in the club, show me love you don't know, you know?
Speaker 1: Actually sorry and what But this was always well he was saying, But it was how he was saying that that made me. Why So it wasn't like they was having the show. Here's a crazy thing. Where was I flying to Salt Lake somewhere? This wasn't leaving that long ago. I was flying somewhere and it was a white lady. No, I was flying back from somewhere and it was a white lady's a concert with ice Q and she was flying into New Mexico and she was flying into town to see the ice Cube concert, I believe. And she was so pumped up and rapping those songs. And I knew that she could rap those songs because how he said it. That's why he got bigger, because everybody could catch what.
Speaker 3: He was saying.
Speaker 1: See in America's most that's what they couldn't catch that. That's no rhythm, it ain't no melody, it's just drum drunk.
Speaker 4: A big song for him.
Speaker 2: That's a bar. The only shark that swim in here and no water, that's a bar.
Speaker 3: The nigga is tough man, that nigga.
Speaker 1: And he figured it out as a songwriter how to make everything he was saying catchy.
Speaker 2: If you wrap.
Speaker 3: Gangs just made the world go round.
Speaker 1: He's saying some shit, he's just making it, in compacting it to where it's catchy. And now it ain't just about I'm saying something hard, but I'm saying something everybody knows what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: To the stove for the night, hell hell no.
Speaker 3: And remember that's for a movie he's making.
Speaker 1: He makes the title track for a film and it's a top thirty song in the country. He's on the course. Rappers ain't on the choruses on their biggest smash records. That's not normal. I mean, you gotta be a really good songwriter record writer to be on. Listen, Cuba's on his biggest record, writes the chorus. Imagine that because like dog, right dog, his biggest record is dropping like it's hot. But that's for real, right, that's him saying it, which he had a voice. Jay Zon not on none of his biggest records, his top chart top charting song, dre not on the hook on his top charting songs.
Speaker 3: It ain't even no hook on it.
Speaker 1: Think about it's hard to be on the hook of your top charting songs. Like that's the true mark of a great record maker. And Cuba is writing this ship and sing it.
Speaker 6: That's what probably is like the main secret ingrediy Drake's success.
Speaker 1: He's on he could be on the course, Lil Wayne. That's why they him a fantastic and said he could be on the course. Like it's hard to have that catchy voice to go with that MC like that, don't that's a real you know, tough using somebody singing LL cool J, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like people are albums.
Speaker 2: Queen, what's the name of your new album? Just told you? Remember it?
Speaker 3: Grateful great. I don't know if he was even here yet, Oh he was here.
Speaker 2: Grateful on there?
Speaker 5: I want to say twelve thirteen something like that, twelve any.
Speaker 2: Any features on there?
Speaker 3: Of course, still want to be like Donnie Simpson. How many how many new Cooks got on your new album?
Speaker 5: Classic is on there? We got to call Steve Francis on there. It's crazy, Steve Francis.
Speaker 3: Steve Francis, that's the name of the song, Bro France Francis for somebody your age, Stephen Francis.
Speaker 4: Can we like you.
Speaker 6: Know, the like for the pot is like the description of the thing. Can we like Lincoln in that.
Speaker 2: For the Yeah?
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, for sure, for sure. But still still want to be Donnie Simpsons. So baby and sit down. So yeah, what was your inspiration in making this out? Niggas don't want to hear that?
Speaker 2: On the Hey, did y'all hear about this ship that happened to Bookena Foss? They killed all people who in Africa Alta.
Speaker 4: They've been doing that for twenty years. I gotta keep more specific still.
Speaker 2: And Bokeino and Fox the Q six hundred people, six hundred people.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think the world is about the end.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: That's been a big issue. Like I know, people like who go over there because like as a conversion, you know, they kind of forceful the conversion in that faith. Like throughout Africa they go and will seize access to water and say, well we're gonna hold we're gonna keep water from you guys if you don't convert to Islam and stuff like that, because it's.
Speaker 1: Not like this much game, no silly. They're looking out for tuning into the No Salers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West Coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah