Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is why does he like to eat in bed? We'll get into that from just a few because right now it is time for today's prank phone call.
Speaker 2: What you got for his new.
Speaker 3: This right here, Shirley is no hair weaves, No hair weeds. We're not doing it. No hair weaves. All right, we're gonna get this at your head now, we'll come to work. If you come to work with it, I'm gonna take it down. Oh really, yeah, yeah, no hair weaves. Let's go, cat dog, let's get it.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm trying to reach Riesa. Please Reesa, Hirisa. My name is Byron, Byron from the job. How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Listen. I hate to call you after hours at your home. But there has been some new issues that will be going into effect that just tomorrow morning, and we're calling everyone letting them know the new changes that have been issued that will take effect first thing tomorrow morning. So we're giving everyone a call, so don't be alarmed. It's just give me a call letting you know what the what the higher ups have changed. Okay, okay, there's no problem. Okay. As of tomorrow, what's gonna happen is when you guys come in, you'll be issued a new key card, and that particular card will actually registers when you come in and go out. Okay, okay, all right. Second one is there will no longer be any personal Internet at the job any longer. You won't be able. They're actually putting a block on all computers. All the computers will no longer be able to go to a lot of these sites that you guys go to that you've been that's been available here in the past. Okay, okay, all right. The last one is reesa do you do you wear a hair weave? What do you wear a hair weave or a wig? Yes? Okay, Well here's one thing and hopefully you can get this change about tomorrow. There's no weed our hair. Are wigs going to be allowed at the job site from this point on, So as of tomorrow morning, everyone must be wearing their natural hair. You're joking, Uh No. These are the issues that are going to be that are instated, and these are going to take effect as of tomorrow morning. Seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: What does hairwaves to have to do with any of these changes? The first two I can understand punching in and being on the internet. Yes, that's something that that corporate. But hair weaves and wigs, you're getting.
Speaker 5: Changers the US are. They're looking down upon it. Wigs and hair weaves they have to go. So I'm assuming that if you, like you said, you do have one, I suggest it doesn't come out there. You start taking it down now and prepare your hair to be natural as you come in to work tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking my hair down. I've been here seven years and I've dealt with all the changes that y'all have made. But there's no way that I'm taking my hair weave down. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: What's your name, by Yes, my name is Byron, and I'm sorry. Let's get back to your weave. This has You're going to have to do something. Is there someone that you can call tonight to help you get your hair down and so you can look presentable with your natural hair tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No, my weave costs over two three hundred dollars and I'm not about to take that down. I mean, it takes a long time to take that down.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, is this something Maybe you can take it down and just wear it on the weekends because as of now, you're not going to be allowed to actually wear it on the property.
Speaker 4: And how will you know if someone has weave or not? Are you going to do hair checks or something?
Speaker 5: Okay, ma'am, I'm not quite sure what they're going to do to check it. But by you telling me that you have a weave, then I have to write it down that you have confirmed that you do, and we got to make sure that tomorrow morning you're not wearing one.
Speaker 4: But you don't know what my natural hair looks like from my weave? Are you heard how much I pay for it? So it's a good weave.
Speaker 5: It's not about how good you know, with the quality of your weave or anything. They don't want it. They want natural hair. I don't know what that means. But they're going natural, they're going green, they're going natural. I don't know what it is. They're going natural, and so will you. Tomorrow morning you need to come in with your hair completely down. Okay, I won't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking my weave now.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is that y'all?
Speaker 4: Gonna write me up or something.
Speaker 5: Okay, ma'am. Do you not want your job?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I want my job, But this don't make no sense. You're talking about personal appearance. I can understand y'all have a dress coach and enforcing a dress code, that's one thing. But telling somebody to change the how you lost your mind? Man, you're crazy, ma'am.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna. I have other people that I have to call. Bottom line is get your hat out and get your butt into work tomorrow. And let's not go back and forth anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, listen, by rand you're a lost mine. If you thinking I'm taking my weave out, I'm not taking out at all. Risa is coming up in there with and I'm gonna sit down at my desk and do my jobs. Y'all won't have to drag me. I said, some weeds. You lost your mind. You and your powers that be or whoever they may be. You tell them that I said that.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, listen. Are you telling me that you're coming in regardless with your hair on you?
Speaker 4: That's what I just said.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you then then we need to Why don't you go ahead and bring some boxes in because you I'm not you bring this man, I don't want to have to pack. You get your stuff and box it up, and you're losing your job because you can't take it.
Speaker 4: No, you can do that, because I'm gonna call the news station and tell them you're dragging me out of behind some weeds? Who wrong?
Speaker 5: You wrong?
Speaker 4: You're wrong? You stupid behind weed?
Speaker 5: Are you gonna? You need to watch your language, young lady?
Speaker 4: Why I need to watch my language? I'm at home. You call me on my own home phone on my time. I'm at my house. I'm not on your block. I say what I want to say on my phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, Can I say what I want on my phone on it? Then I'll let you go and you can come in to work anyway you want to tomorrow. What is it, Biba?
Speaker 4: What else you got to say?
Speaker 5: I want to tell you. I want to tell you that your girlfriend, Jennifer at your job got me the prank phone. Call you. This is Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I know you, hey, reason this is this is Nephew Timby Baby from the Steve Habby Morning Show. Jennifer, your coworker got me the prank phone.
Speaker 4: Calls shot my blood pressure up. I'm gonna kill it tomorrow and I'm gonna pull home weve out. You want to come down there and watch me Dragon.
Speaker 5: Keep over.
Speaker 4: High blood pressure. You can't be doing that to me behind high weave. I pay too much money. I just want my kids.
Speaker 5: Oh ain't nothing like a black woman in her half? Oh man, Okay, baby, I got one more thing to ask you, girl. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 4: Well, after this prank, he has to be the Steve Friday Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Got all right, let's go ahead and talk about it. Jacksonville, Florida. The comedy is on five shows, two Friday to Saturday, one on Sunday, and they are all completely sold out. So therefore we're gonna add a show Sunday night. That's what we're gonna do. We're gonna add a show Sunday night at seven pm. But I want to make the announcement to my uncle. I'm not show by Monday morning. I just want to let you know I'm not show by Monday morning. I'll be in duvall Sunday evening and I don't. I just I just can't. I don't know, you know I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I have a solution for it.
Speaker 3: Leave y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean he's planning not to come to work.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, I ain't got no problem with it. Just let me help you out. But what we're gonna start doing on Mondays is this right here, Okay, if you have a signed contract with us here at the radio station. So what we'll do is we'll pro rate your yearly contract rate down to a day rate. And then on the days when you decide to add a show to make more money in comedy and decide not to come to work on that Monday, then you have a decision to make. Do you make the comedy show money or do you make the radio show money? And then you may have to come to the conclusion that I did for twenty some years. How about you just make both the damn moneys. See that's how it's really supposed to go.
Speaker 3: You know what, you you my uncle and everything? Would you you change everything? You're different?
Speaker 2: If you're gonna be here Monday.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a bet. I'm in dow Ball Sunday Night Extra Show, seven pm. I bet y'all beat you.
Speaker 1: Thank Coming up next Strawberry letter for today. The subject is why does he like to eat in bed? We'll try to find out right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.