Speaker 1: That new Game of Thrones show is actually kind of good. Is it's just coming out of.
Speaker 2: The Seven Kingdoms. It's funny. It's like it's funny. It's not like, yeah, I don't know, but they're not taking themselves seriously. And there is like there are two jokes that I was like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I was like, look, actually good good jokes. They were just kind of so specific. It's like such a specific humor that you would never see in a Game of Thrones show, right that, Like it's just there's like one thing.
Speaker 2: It's all about like this this surf or you know, a page or whatever at night who his night dies And now he's kind of like, well I got this.
Speaker 1: Like sword and shit, maybe I can be a night.
Speaker 2: And starts like going on this journey as like a fake ass night and then like but then his like relationship you can see it starting over again because he meets another kid who's like an orphan who needs who wants to be.
Speaker 1: A page to a knight.
Speaker 2: But this guy's also not a knight. So it's just kind of like it has like heart and it was funny.
Speaker 1: I was like, based on any Georgia R. Martin no clue no clue. I don't know anything that he wrote. I have no idea anything. I just know that the show was much better when it was based on her, but never funny. So no exactly.
Speaker 2: I think this is just like texture for people who like in the same way like there's too many Star Wars shows.
Speaker 1: Well, this this one's like fun right, yeah, yeah, differentiated a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's set your expectations for like mind blowing. But although I don't know, I like I stopped it just to be like, I think I'm gonna watch this.
Speaker 1: Milady with Milady? Did that just drop the first episode this weekend? I don't know. I think it's been out for maybe this second. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just remember I just saw one headline that was like it was like, wow, this Game of Thrones show is refreshingly not taking itself seriously interesting or it was like something for people with like Game of Thrones fatigue, this is a refreshing departure from everything.
Speaker 1: And I was like, just from that alone, I was like, what are you talking about? And then you get a I'll.
Speaker 2: Just show there there's just there's like a fucking violent diarrhea scene.
Speaker 1: Like dumb and Dumber esque, dude.
Speaker 2: It's like he's like dreaming of being a night and they just smashed cut to his like fucking you know wester ROAs diarrhea that he's having outside.
Speaker 1: And it's just like anyway, I know you're saying, I mean the ships that they must have been taking back.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean based it was like they were doing like the SnO vomit hose level of what was happening. Like it was profile so you couldn't see, but clearly there's just a tube.
Speaker 1: Just launching ship like it's it's gratuitous and that's I was like, this is a game with thrown show, but oh my god, it enough that I got a nice surprise chuckle out of it. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trans edition of Daly's I Guess Yeah by Heart Radio. My name's Jack O'Brien. That ever there is mister.
Speaker 2: Miles grow Oh yeah, hello, Hello, Hello to all my European friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're so sorry that we are currently being ruled by a man with dementia and the power of the US military. Dude. Reddit is a mess.
Speaker 2: There's so many American people going onto European subreddits and apologizing.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, like I just no, not us or whatever.
Speaker 2: And like a lot of Europeans like, you know, the same way you probably like flatten us into one country. It's like, well all the blanks are like this. They're like, yeah, that's what's happening with you.
Speaker 1: And I know that. People.
Speaker 2: They're like we all intellect you forgiven, Like we all intellectually know that at an individual level, this is not you. But just so you know, when would you say you're American? This is what it is? Do I come here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah, or get you better work on that accent, boy, work on that Canadian Yeah from Canada wants to smoke. I've been impressed with Canada's response. Yeah thus far. I mean they should be.
Speaker 2: Like I think I've been saying since especially since the Venezuela ship, it's like someone needs to come and smack us in the fucking teeth.
Speaker 1: The only thing he respects, Yeah, the only thing he respects is people who don't bow down. It's true. Bullyshit gets like the award that he wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the second someone goes man, fuck you, they're like, oh yeah, look.
Speaker 1: At look at how he responded to mom Donnie, Like yeah, he was just like, did you see that deadline? No?
Speaker 2: They exchange like correspondence now over text, you know yeah wi wait yeah.
Speaker 1: All right. This is the episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend, what's trending this morning. We also like to let you get to know us a little bit better by telling you a little bit some of the things we think are overrated and underrated. I guess usually do this during the regular episodes, but we like to. We like to get in there, get our hands dirty a little bit on those Monday episodes or Tuesday episodes. Miles, what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Listening to music without any distractions? I think I do this. I do this all the time.
Speaker 1: Like I have music on all the like all the time, and it's nice to have on the background. But like the act of.
Speaker 2: Just listening to music, give all of your attention to listening to music is fucking amazing.
Speaker 1: I have to remind people.
Speaker 2: And I think also too because we also have like headphones on the other thing. I was going to say listening with headphones on, But I have headphones on all the time, and shit's just like pass coming through them as I try and ingest as much information as humanly possible in like a given hour, but like.
Speaker 1: You have different things coming through each headphone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got three. I got three pairs of AirPods that I hook up the different things. No, it's in my nostril because it's closer to my head.
Speaker 1: But no, I think the thing with really listening without distraction, it really also takes me back to how I used to listen to music, like when I was a teenager, Like when that was a thing.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm going to put the CD in the walkman, and I put my fucking behind the ear weird ass headphones or whatever I had at the time, and just sit there and like nod my head and fucking listen to a song on loop because I wasn't distracted with all this other shit.
Speaker 1: Really listening to anything, any music.
Speaker 2: That you like, you really really enjoyed, but without I do this at night now. It's like a way to start winding down is like let me just put a playlist on, just kind of just chill in bed, not read the phone, but let the music take you. Yeah, And I just think we listen to music so much with distractions, whether we're driving or walking and commuting or these other things that.
Speaker 1: Just like doing it as the ancients did.
Speaker 2: I think really, I think really has a benefit to us on something.
Speaker 1: I'm a big Yeah, I haven't done this in so long. This is this is a good good reminder for me. Music is only something to do while you're doing something else for exactly me at this point.
Speaker 2: Right, But it used to be I'm sure, like, yeah, the thing I described when it's like you fucking you had to go get a cassette sing a single or a CD single or whatever like that. Your entire existence was based on I must go get this piece of music so I can go listen to it.
Speaker 1: There's a major life event. When my case logic got stolen in high school. Oh, like for me and a bunch of my friends, they were like, yeah, ending on that, Yeah, yeah, we're depending on the musical the musical Rosetta Stone. It was bad. Yeah, and I haven't done it. I used to be annoying about like just being like, what do you think jizza means there?
Speaker 5: What do you think feminine? Like sandals? Should we stop wearing sandals? You got and you got bad, wild ass sandals. You're like you think you're probably.
Speaker 1: Talking about sandals that aren't refer and then we just high five each other eva gang. Yeah. But my friends used to make fun of me for being like, Okay, Jack's gonna do some like numerology WU tang lyric analysis. This one all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna take this one under advisement. Thank you for that. I got two underrated. One is just they were showing highlights in the college football Championship of this, uh the team that won Indiana University won it. Yeah, I came out of nowhere, went undefeated the whole year, not to their first title, right, yeah, first ever, the first team to go undefeated and won the championship. And I don't know a long time I.
Speaker 2: Was watching college football the last time Miami won.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was like different era of television where the picture just looks fuzzy, you know. Yeah, the yeah, my it was my Indiana verse Miami. And then like at one point they showed a highlight package of like this amazing season the Indiana quarterback who won the Heisman had this year, and they like showed one where he like threw a touchdown and then ran to celebrate, and his lineman like picked him up, held him up in the air like a princess or like dancing. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was just like, that's so that's so fun man, Like football is such a homo erotic sport, like you might as well just like lean into that shit, like because yeah, like I think it was just a spur of the moment thing where he like jumped and like the lineman wasn't jumping, so he just like held him up. But it was so cute. So we below, man, people are hungry for it. Look at heated rivalry, you know, they just let it. Let it fly, Yeah, let it fly. Baby. My other one, My other one is Greek myths. Just uh, spending a lot of time in the world of Greek myths right now because my kids are kind of obsessed this. This is one of those things. When we were talking at one point we got like interested in the things that are like temporary obsessions of kids, Like in terms of fazing you have yeah phases, and like how those map to the biggest movies of all time, Like kids get obsessed with dinosaurs and Dazic Parks. One of the biggest movies kids get obsessed with Sharks and Johns is one of the biggest movies people.
Speaker 2: Get into a Civil War because it dances with wolves. Yeah, exactly like I did. But Greek Myths was one of those that was kind of an outline for me. I was like, man, I didn't like I kind of remembered some kids being really into it, but I never really got into it. So my kids are kind of real into it right now, Like we're listening to podcasts, I'm reading them the Percy Jackson books and Brian the editor was a big myth kid.
Speaker 1: No frenzies. I gotta say, I the deities that I missed out by, like because you know, I was raised a very strict Catholic family and like the Bible like called itself the greatest story ever told, and I'm just like, come on, man, that anybody who believes that has not been reading Greek myths, Like it's I don't have great examples because I'm just like sort of over it, Like it's a lot of background listening of like overhearing the podcast or you know, reading them bed stories while I'm half asleep. But I always kind of assumed it was just like a different Bible. Like in the Bible, a group of people like will like the stories in the Bible are just they don't have great narrative structure. They'll be like and lo he went onto their town and slew twenty men with the jawbone of an ass, right, right, right, But like Greek myths just luxuriate in like they have people being tricked and having weird sex and like falling in love and making huge animals and sex with animals, and it's not taboo like generally exactly, they're just fine with it. It's just generally like the more I listen to it, the more I'm like, this isn't really the origin of Like I think it might be slightly overrated in terms of like being like, oh, every one of these is a recognizable psychiatric pathology, like it is the origin of our stories, like how we tell stories. There's just like so many recognisable like story tropes throughout and it's just like, yeah, they they invented the soap opera and like television, the serialized television show and also.
Speaker 2: That movie Troy apparently based on some ship in Greek mythology too, apparently, so it's all based on that dudeist.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, yeah, the Odyssey. So I do feel like I'm back on board. I feel like the Otysty's about to fucking wreck everybody's ship. Yeah, oh man, Yeah, Like I just thought of we were listening to Hercules' story over the weekend, and like I just thought of Hercules a strong guy, and like I didn't really there's like a PTSD like O. J. Simpson asque storyline buried in there where like he comes back from battle and then just like goes and from a family. You know. It's a kid's podcast, so they're like, yeah, wait, there's like a Ron Goldman character in the Life of hers Yeah. Well, they don't go into the characters because it's a kid's version of things. But it's like he comes back, he's a celebrated hero, and then he like one of the gods is whispering in his years and like makes him go mad, and then he like destroys his family and his town, right, and then he like that's why he has to like go and do the Twelve Labors of Hercules, you know, which is then just like a fucking television series of him going on a bunch of different quests and shit. But yeah, just lots of cliffhangers, lots of stories interweaving with other stories. There is some psychologically recognizable behavior and it's just like as somebody was just raised on the you know, Bible. I'm like, this isn't just like their Bible as much. It's as in terms of storytelling and you know, as a as a text for the humanities, it's much better. No, well, I'm not going to tell your parents who say that you said that that would be the Yeah, well, the Bible's true, so like it can't be good, you know what I'm saying. Oh, yeah, man, I can't believe Jonah got swallowed by that whale. That's right, he was, all right, that's the best we got going to the Bible. Oh, you guys, swallowed by a whale. Dude, this guy had sex with a swan. That's right, Miles. What's something you think is overrated? Uh? Sex might even be a missing over there yet's see, uh overrated. Just the timing of mainstream media warnings about the Trump presidencies, I think they're on point. I think they're starting to start they might. I think they I think they're starting to see.
Speaker 2: So Okay, look, the press has always known Donald Trump was unfit for office. They have always known that his presidency would be ruinous for many, if not all, but the pushback has always been like muted, you know, like there are times every now and then you see the press report on his story like, oh, that's a bit of transparency. Other times you see journalists hold on to a story until they have a fucking book come out, and then they're like, oh, yeah, here's this piece of information that would have been really consequential, but I got a book, I'm going to save it for my book. And it wasn't really until this weekend where I've seen multiple headlines that for the first time seem like adequate in terms of describing the situation. Freaking out, Yeah, yeah, yeah, where The Daily Beast says it's like, basically, it's time for the twenty fifth Amendment. Another headline reads, quote, now is the time to admit it. Oh my god, he admitted now's the time to admit it, America. Trump is a dangerous, lunatic moron. I'm sorry, are you listening to this show?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: These guys said this guy's a dangerous a dangerous lunatic. More shitthead. The Atlantic says quote that the letter to Norway should be the last straw, the last straw. That's it. Boy botly made up my mind, Like it wasn't the open mouth makeout with white nationalism in his first term. It wasn't everything that came along. It wasn't. It wasn't January sixth.
Speaker 2: They were they were shocked, and that was like the one time we're like, this is too much. But it's also like you're calling for this with literally two weeks left in his presidency that he has to like step down, come on, come on, we were all there. It wasn't the uprisings and his handling of that that was the lastraw. It wasn't the fucking it wasn't right now with the ice raids and the murders. Yes, like you know, there's so many things that you're constantly like, this person is hates everyone and wants everyone to be living in absolute pain.
Speaker 1: But now this is the last straw. It's it's lastraw.
Speaker 2: And again I think it's only because and we'll talk about this, line go down.
Speaker 1: Mm and line do go down sometimes, because yeah, line do go down sometimes. Because all the other things I just described as being like, that wasn't your moment to fucking proclaim that this can't go on anymore because none of those things were affecting them directly. And I think now it seems like you're starting to lose the confidence of the yeah yeah, that now.
Speaker 2: And I think it's just like it's not strange to us or the people that listen to the show, but it's just like so infuriating that you have this.
Speaker 1: Now. This the media class or the mainstream media class.
Speaker 2: It says things like this, this cannot go on anymore.
Speaker 1: And I get that you'll you'll be exhausted hearing that over and over and over again. And maybe people aren't receptive to the thing until the right time. But you know, like when someone needs help, I tell them like, hey man, you need help. You look like you do struggling. I can help you. Do you need something? Are you okay? You are right? You are right.
Speaker 2: I never stopped saying that, right, you know what I mean, in the same way that you would warrant something.
Speaker 1: Hey man, maybe don't fucking douse yourself in gasoline and play with those like sparklers. You know that's going to be bad. It's like, well, they weren't ready for the message, right, be consistent with this. Yeah, it seems like, I mean, we talked very early on the show about the historic president that like, right when Hitler first came on the scene, it was front page news. Everything he did was front page news, and then by the time he swept to power, it was like eighth page news because they were just used to it and tired of it. And it feels like a natural sort of physics of how like news media works, where people are just like, yeah, but that's I mean, we saw it, like the joke version where Barry Weiss was like, we can't cover this story about how they're deporting people illegally to torture camps because it's already been covered once somewhere, and it's like, yeah, you can just keep telling yourself that because you don't want to talk about the unpleasant story that should have everybody fucked up. Yeah, and it's funny because they aired the pulled El Salvadors he caught prison around sixteen minutes yesterday. Yeah, they finally did it. I wonder if they're like.
Speaker 5: I guess maybe because now Trump was even like I'll sue CBS if they don't.
Speaker 1: It's like, guys, no one's fucking.
Speaker 2: Safe, and all of you were bending the knee and doing all this shit thinking that it would make you safer, when really you were just just furthering this whole thing along because you.
Speaker 1: Weren't actually sticking up for yourselves. Yeah, and now the only thing he seems to respect is pushing back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And now it's come to the point where we're shitting in the faces of allies. Yeah, and like daring the world to completely skull fuck the US economically, which is possible. I don't know if it's going to get quite there very quickly, but they have the means to do that, and they they haven't been shy to say at every moment, we have each other's back, and don't think that we will let you push us around. I don't know if you remember, because your countries weren't raised in World War Two, but you know, appeasement is not really on the menu to this point anymore. Although the Belgians were like, look, we tried appeasing this guy, and now now they're now they're trying to take our dignity and that's just not going to happen.
Speaker 1: And you're like, well said, well said, yeah, my overrated somewhat related, but just any any value that the right claims to stand for. That's not white supremacy. We just i mean call it. Calling them hypocritical is obviously old, but it just does stand to be pointed out. There's a bunch of right wing outrage over people using guns to protect their neighborhoods and being like, oh, yeah, device comes for our citizens here, just like at neighbors. Then you know we're going to push back, which is like that is the right wing wet dream, is what they've been dreaming of for so long in their like Second Amendment bullshit where they're like they're trying to take your guns and then they're gonna come for you. And now people are like, no, we're actually gonna.
Speaker 2: And then you can drive from another state and kill an innocent person like Kyle Rittenhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but suddenly they're like, there should be a lead, we need to arrest.
Speaker 2: There was also that clip of the Black Panthers in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and the boy the white conservatives they thought the world Yeah like that second look again, like yeah, Second Amend, everything is terms and conditions of black This is you. This is your whole ship, right Second Amendment protecting yourself and your fellow citizens from government overreach. That's I thought, that's the whole reason you were not in this case.
Speaker 2: It's it's look, I'm deeply insecure and my only metrics for success are being white. Yeah, and so I need that to be the thing that differentiates me. And if I don't have that, then I'm going to have to come to grips with a lot of failures, not only my own personal ones, but maybe the leadership around me.
Speaker 1: And I'm not ready for that. The other one that it was just jumping out to me over the weekend is like they're their whole shit about like, oh, everybody wants a participation trophy, That's exactly what's wrong with America. And then like Donald Trump himself is like got somebody to just like give him there an award that he wanted to win that they won, and like they know, everyone's just like yep, yes, sir, good good work, sir. She recognized you needed that. It was like, honestly, it is the most pathetic thing we've seen to date by him. I feel like it is like him bullying the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize into giving it to him, and then once he got it and realized it didn't make him happy. Yeah, texting the leader of Norway to be like, hey, I'm gonna ask you war with you? Yeah, you't give it to me? Yeah. And the smile is, as our writer jam put it, that is the happiest we've ever seen him in a picture that was not in the Epstein files. Yeah, like Jesus, a smile on his face in that picture. Anyways, we'll get into that one. Let's take a quick break, we'll come back, we'll talk about the news. We'll be right back, and we're back. Donald Trump, what a weekend. Yeah, man, the Dementia World Tour, fucking rumbling on.
Speaker 2: First Venezuela, Greenland, now the continent of Europe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was the Lobel peace bribe though. That was pretty cool, the peace bribe. Yeah yeah, yeah, he did receive a piece of metal that had meaning for another person. Yeah, but that guess me. Did you see his name is on the plaque that she gave it to me exactly exactly? Then what would my name beyond the plaque?
Speaker 2: It's like he has like the weird thinking of like how I forget what like indigenous warrior culture was like I'll eat the heart of my enemy to get their power, you know what I mean. And he's sort of like I will take He's like, these awards are mine. I win the Stanley Cup because the Florida Panthers gave me a golden hockey stick the other day.
Speaker 1: Did you see that shit where the Panthers came by get me, had a golden hockey stick.
Speaker 2: And he was like, we like at this point they know it's like, dude, just give him fucking something made of gold and he's going to just.
Speaker 1: Make us the winner of the Stanley Cup five years ago. I don't even know. And and that kind of sucks to me as an athlete who believes in a meritocracy. But fucking man, let's do this. So I do remember, like early in his presidency, going back and reading a profile where he was talking taking a journalist on a tour of his office and like he just spent ninety percent of the time on sports memorabilia. He had me. Like the profile ends with him being like those are the gloves that Evander Holyfield were when he fought Buster Douglas. Right, it's a pretty cool life, isn't it. It's a pretty.
Speaker 2: Cool life, I guess because you're like stuck in this childhood mode where you're like and these are all my pullings. But yeah, now Trump is looking to do basically economic retaliation for countries that have deigned to assert, you know, Denmark sovereignty in this situation. This is what he wrote on social media on Saturday. The eight European countries, including the UK friends in Germany will face tariffs.
Speaker 1: Quote until such time as a deal is reached for the complete and total purchase of Greenland.
Speaker 2: The tariffs are due to start at ten percent on February first, then going to twenty five percent on June first. Naturally, this has, like I said just a second ago, Stonks, the line are going down as the rest of the world goes, oh, this fucking guy is a total fucking moron and now is selling off us assets. And again, if all of this weren't humiliating enough, presidential behavior continued when he told Norway he is doing this because he's a giant eighty year old baby who didn't get the no bell. So right after these tariffs are announced, the Prime Minister of Norway reached out politely to ask Trump.
Speaker 1: Fuck you mean, bro, the fuck we're talking about? Uh?
Speaker 2: And this is the this is the text from the a Prime Minister of Norway quote, dear mister President, dear Donald on the contact across the Atlantic on Greenland, Gaza, Ukraine and your tariff announcement yesterday. You know our position on these issues, but we believe we should all work to take this down and de escalate. So much is happening around us where we need to stand together. We're proposing a call with you later today with both of us. First, separately, give us a hint of what you prefer best.
Speaker 1: Alex and Jonas give us a hint. Yeah, so like cute again it because they're like, I don't know without how to fucking talk to this guy.
Speaker 2: Then this is the response that he gets right after about thirty minutes later, from Trump to the funking Prime Minister of Norway, quote, dear Jonas, considering your country decided not to give me the Nobel Peace Prize for having stopped eight wars plus US.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: I no longer feel an obligation to think purely of peace, although it will always be predominant, but can now think about what is good and proper for the United States of America. Denmark cannot protect the land from Russia or China. And why do they have a quote right of ownership anyway, there are no written documents. It's only that a boat landed there hundreds of years ago. But we had boats landing there.
Speaker 1: Also. I have done more for NATO than any other person since this founding, and now NATO should be doing something for the United States. The world is not secure unless we have complete and total control of Greenland. Thank you, President DJT. We're here. Where to begin with That Nobel Prize is not given out by the government. That's one place to start. Okay, let's start with it first.
Speaker 6: Obviously not the first of it's not even I'm the Prime minister, but I guess because Trump thinks he is king and in his fantasy world, anything that happens in the.
Speaker 1: United States happens with his approval. That he's like, and of course you didn't do that, and maybe I have dementia. I don't know. He'll ever find out, We'll never find out. And then going on to uh, the protect it from China and Russia thing. We again, we have military installations there already, it is protected. There is no imminent threat of China or Russia coming to Greenland. Okay, now, and yeah, we also have the ability to do whatever we want there already. Yeah, like the way the US operates, it's not being hindered in any way from militarily doing whatever. You can store nuclear weapons there on the hush and they're like, I don't know, whatever, dude, do whatever you want, man, we don't care.
Speaker 2: Then, I think this one probably stuck out to most people with any fucking perspective on American history. This line especially is really funny. What why do they have a right of ownership anyway? There are no written documents.
Speaker 1: It's only that a boat landed there hundreds of years ago, sir. So we're just we're opening it all up for renegotiation. I'd hate to be childish Gambino, but this is America, the land of the land of Yeah, and one day these host showed up on a boat.
Speaker 2: And acted like they owned the place. Yes, so now that's not so what does that mean for this place I loved.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear your response there.
Speaker 2: But of course it's just his stupid logic where he's like, they're so, what a boat went there and you don't even have like receipts for it? He said, there's no signed paperwork again completely false. There's plenty of them and they're at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've got special stamps and seals and all that shit. Donald essentially that give Greenland its own parliament, self government, you know whatever. Forget I'm even explaining this.
Speaker 2: And again, this letter, I guess was sufficiently dumb fuck enough for the media to now write those headlines.
Speaker 1: Of like, this has to stop, it has to stop. Seems bad, guys, seems bad. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And it's just, you know, the things that he's doing are so bad for US partnerships and allyships that are in the economy effect, and the economy happens when the dollar declines and declines.
Speaker 2: And you know, there's a lot, a lot of the power of the US is all predicated on the dollar, you know, on the power of the dollar and its stability. And when people start saying, you know what, dude, these guys are it's a joke ting over there and they start selling everything off, that is gonna have a huge effect on your finances too. Like right now, I think one of the huge Danish pension fund they just completely exited US treasury bonds and that's huge. When they're like, dude, this is no longer a thing for us to even count on for our own long term financial benefit. Then that does not bode well for everybody else. And like again, I think this is why before when it's just people of color or trains, people being targeted and.
Speaker 1: Shit like that, Yeah, people doesn't matter. Yeah, it's like, well, I don't know, bro, they're not fuck it, I'll keep my passport on me and you know, they're not coming to the Upper West Side or whatever the fuck it is. But now that it's truly like the people who look long term at the financial sector and go, this is going to actually this could be fucking terrible, fucking with our whole thing. Yeah, it's fucking we got way too much shit on right now.
Speaker 2: Uh that maybe the wake up calls are happening, But again, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see how this week goes. Because Trump's he's going to be a Davo speaking and if they're not throwing rotten tomatoes at him, guys do better and rely to the Illuminati. Like where's the Illuminati at if there was an Illuminati, man, Yeah, things, the outlook would not be good for him.
Speaker 2: I mean all jokes aside too, like everything's been pretty dire, but right now, especially the elected officials in this country look like absolute fools for just kind of like shrugging. I mean, they're like there's these little piecemeal things like well, we might we might have the support for impeachment, but you're not going to fucking have enough to convict and get him tossed. And I get that that's all needed, but like, there are so many other things that need to be fucking sorted out. Like I just want to play this quote from the Danish parliamentary the Deputy Speaker Large Christian Brasque, who's basically being like, I don't know, guys in the Senate in the House, what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 1: I'm over here in Denmark, But what are y'all doing?
Speaker 7: You know, if I could come with some advice, it would be for the Senate and the House to start to take.
Speaker 1: Control of.
Speaker 7: The political power in America because with this matt and ratic behavior, you know, you have to ask the question is the president capable of running United States? And you know, he makes threats against a friend, a friend that has had diplomatic relationships with the US for two hundred and twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he goes on essentially to be like hello, yeah, like what the fuck? And I think that's the part maybe the rest of the world hasn't quite figured out, is that like the white nationalist oligarchy has been doing everything they can to get this man in there to ye just going to play waste to the norms. But I think that's where again, for all the people who are going to be begging for our support in an election like the these are the moments you really have to kind of think about and be like this, is this person even serious enough to understand like what's at risk here? Like it's it's not enough that people are being kidnapped, and it's not enough that all these people are being made to be uh villains in our society who are innocent, decent people across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I don't know, Senate House, I'm I know Corey Booker put a thing out to be like.
Speaker 2: Ice, we got ice, need somebody like yeah, what the.
Speaker 1: Fuck guys, You guys are so fucking stupid and not understanding the stress is that everyone else is experiencing right now.
Speaker 8: And I think you know, uh, anybody cams anybody cams man and they need a YouTube live stream, you know, they need a Twitch presence and things will be different.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then he then he introduced his Board of Peace, which is like to replaced NATO with a club that he's the head of where you have to pay him like a billion dollars to join.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said he's gonna blackmail Macron into joining.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw that. He's like, this is what I'm talking about about. This guy's so fucking gone mentally that he is now creating. This is like a round.
Speaker 2: This would have been like the maybe penultimate episode of like an apprentice season. It's like, and now you want to join the Board of Peace, folks to go to the next round, Like the Board of Peace again, is your weird fucking C suite brain trying to create some fucking weird new world order.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense. And he's like, and I'm going to invite everyone. There's going to be putin there, there's going.
Speaker 2: To be uh pullpot in three D everyone, It's going to be great.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, he just can't see things as anything other than transactional and so he's that that's just he's not serious. He's not serious like this is it's going. It's good.
Speaker 2: I mean I was like joking. I'm like, yeah, maybe he'll do something with his appearance. He's going to be like I need to own this one beach in Brazil, specifically, just that one. It's mine, oh, because a couple of boats landed there. Like, I don't even think that our most skilled Simpsons writers could game out what is about to happen with just his wacky brain.
Speaker 1: I know, man, it's it is why, Like it's just like I there's truly nothing that could surprise me that you wake up tomorrow, And he's just like I want to start, like I have to star in the next mission. Impossible, Like like there's truly nothing nothing could surprise me. But I will say, like, yes, his brain appears to be melting and he seems like super sleepy and dementia aduled. But this is also kind of what like, heading into this administration, we had talked a lot about how the first administration was a version of like Trump, where he is surrounded by people who are hitting the brakes on everything that he tries to do, and now he has an administration that is hitting the accelerator on everything that he tries to do and that this is Yeah. I think this is just like what you could expect. Like every one of his ideas was bad. He's been he's had this kind of transactional view of the world since the first administration. He just like doesn't he's not up to up to the task. And then he's also a psychopath and when narcissists and narcissist, yeah, and everything is about him.
Speaker 2: I think like, more than anything, it's more that none of the people that are in power, except for maybe Stephen Miller, are thinking like long term. It feels like most people are trying to think of an exit position that will benefit them financially. When this thing comes to a fucking in just whatever train.
Speaker 1: Wreck ending it is. Yeah, I don't know what it looks like like the ending. I don't know what it looks like because.
Speaker 2: It looks like but the people are definitely lining their pockets. That's the one consistent thing is everyone in there is lining their pockets right now, and I think because they know they're like, bro, I don't know what the look if I get a couple million out of this and I can fucking get my own bunker and fuck off out of here.
Speaker 1: Somewhere else, and I'm gonna do that because they don't, you know, Like that's like with the Venezuela thing, with the Greenland thing, all about money, and it's all about how much money can these people make? Because once you.
Speaker 2: Know, a well timed blood clot hits or an somehow a legitimate election happens, that things could be different, although who knows. Once the Democrats going power, Like all right, guys, we're making all the Republicans raise their right hand and pinky promise they'll never do this fuck shit again, right.
Speaker 1: Christinom Okay, you don't have to go to jail. Okay, it's okay. Also, just the logic of being like I, since you didn't give me the Nobel Peace Prize, I feel I no longer feel an obligation to think purely of peace. So yeah, it is just like mafia ship, like school Bully.
Speaker 2: It's mixed with like teenage fuck boy psychology. Yeah, it's like, well, I guess it's we're not dating anymore. Yeah, I could be with anybody, right and it doesn't make you won't cry about it?
Speaker 1: Right so yeah, wow, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and we're back. We do have an audio of Donald Trump making kind of a good point that uh, he was on stage about six days ago and entered into a quick, a quick moment of brief lucidity that I think, I think this is this is an interesting point. We just we're just gonna play it directly from the man's mouth.
Speaker 9: Ha ha a ah, Ladies and gentlemen, what right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean, like he said, I mean, this is the thing he does sometimes goes into some weird impression, but like it's it's just like embarrassed silence in the room. There's just there's like one person laughing in the backle good one.
Speaker 2: Indeed, mister president, you told whoever that was all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, there's suddenly a horniness for whole milk on the right. Uh that I you know, I saw I saw a clip of Donald Trump saying whole milk and that's spelled with the W. He's sickos because he thought we thought that he was talking about whole milk like which I guess has come. But more on that one later, because I didn't at first realize where he was saying that. But you know, while he's been busy threatening military intervention of foreign nations and Minneapolis. His administration spent the better part of the weekend posting about milk. RFK Junior tweeted and AI generated video of himself being magically transported to a nightclub thanks to one sip of whole milk.
Speaker 2: Oh, he did the fucking john Ham. They did the john Ham Friends and neighbors meme.
Speaker 1: Yes, nice. Department of Agriculture posted photos of Trump and Riley Gains downing whole milk and then wearing the milk mustache, being like, the milk mustache is back triggered yet, lib which Christ Riley? Yaoe, man, You're gonna fucking dude, You're gonna move the needles so hard it's gonna break apart.
Speaker 10: You got Riley fucking games dude, the fucking middling collegiate swimmer b used as a fucking scarecrow for for transphobia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, famed sword loser. Did you watch the Pablotory deep dive into her? Uh No, I didn't end avoid man. Poblotory. I mean basically was like this person, they just scooped her out of the muck and meyer to just become a transphobe. Yeah, and I needed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's like, has no real beliefs like that at all, and it's just purely like one of these people's like, well it's attention and money, so now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I do like those attention to money. Yeah, full grifter. The whole administration's just all grifters all the way down. But I mean, first of all, there was apparently a god milk campaign like last year's year. Yeah, nobody really paid attention to.
Speaker 2: I think we actually talked about it because we were like, why are they doing this again?
Speaker 1: The first one didn't work. The first one was iconic, but it didn't at like dairy sales declined because they just have been declining. But I do truly think that this is just one iconic cultural signifier, the got Milk campaign, that they have access to because it's an industry that is just fully government subsidized, which exists without subsidies. So they're basically clout chasing by being like, we're going to take this old brand and give Donald Trump a milk mustache, which people once like, even though it's never a.
Speaker 2: Does Riley Gaines have a mustache? Will people cast doubt upon her gender? Got a mustache dude, a female bro with a milk one though not actually no, it's in the shape of a Hitler mustache. Okay, Okay, so that's the campaign.
Speaker 1: Everyone has a Hitler milk mustage. I mean the way that they've been just dog whistle slash train horning, screaming in it feels pretty much like doing just a milk Hitler mustache. At this point would be Yeah, why why wouldn't they That's the thing that it's like it because they have to scream it now. It's just it's not even having the same effect people just like Jesus Christ. Yeah, fuck is this shit? It's like only four people who have like collections of Nazi memorabilia at their house, Like that's who the audience is. Okay, so they're doing subtle things with the font here and yeah, like very very obscure references.
Speaker 2: You've maybe like two thousand people in America doing the Leonardo DiCaprio in Once upon a Time in Hollywood think.
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh, discreen, I know that they put four team there. In eighty eight, they also tweeted out an illustration made to look like a photo of a laughably trimmed Donald Trump carrying milk bottles with the slogan make whole Milk great again. You know, if he held two things, like two fucking things of milk, like what he's got two six packs of like old school milk bottles in each hand, he would help follow his balance, Yeah, would be. It would be so bad. He wouldn't be right again. I feel like he would be like that. That would kill him.
Speaker 2: He would be Lucille too from Arrested Development Liza Minelli.
Speaker 1: He'd never be able to get regain his balance vertico revocably off balance for the rest of it. I'm in vertigo from that holding two things on each side. But I feel like this whole thing probably confused everyone who didn't get the whole milk culture war memo. So last week they signed a bill to put whole milk back on the menu and school cafeterias, which overturned to twenty twelve Obama administration policy that limited milk options in schools with the goal of lowering childhood obesity.
Speaker 2: And that was a great moment in the Oval office too, when they were signing this bill, yeah, and talking about it because this asshole fell asleep again. Yeah, and all the wonderful men to the right so hard on Peter Welsh. It is a bipartisan issue and understanding where we are this guy's and how important the help he's out now there's not even a sleep. There was a little bit of daylight between the eyelids.
Speaker 1: Sda is posting two.
Speaker 2: He thinks he's slick, like I think. I mean, you know, like when you're trying to act like you gotta be like, let me get a little head nod in so people see I'm resting my eyes. But really I think it's like I'm.
Speaker 1: Deep in thought, closing my eyes, nodding at what you're saying. I'm kind of writing, sort of like Rick Rubin right now, just in the studio, just closing my eyes, trying to find find the in between what you're saying. No, I'm not asleep, man, No, I'm I'm Rick Rubining. It just let me it's actually helpful for me to lay down on a couch and listen to what you're saying with my eyes closed in a blanky.
Speaker 2: Brian pointed out a good things like why are their young children near him? But also check this little girl. She's like looking at him, being like this ass who is stinky? Into sleep right now, Like, just watch this girl.
Speaker 1: She's she's clocking it. She's like what the fuck, and that she's like, mommy, looking at her mind. It's okay, we'll be out of here. The smell gull way, the smell okay, yeah, wonderful. Oh god, wait, so what's the wait? I go? So this is the as you pointed out, there's a child who like looks concerned for him and like whether he's dying on her in front of her looking at her mom then looking back at the president being like what the fuck steak. But this is also where he makes the He pauses to make it clear that whole milk is spelled with a W. So it's in front of a child as he's facing pedophile allegations, he makes a whole milk joke, like as if wait, like a whole versus Courtney loves band whole h o eli.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's actually a little definition whole milk and its hole with a W. For those of you that have a problem, most of the.
Speaker 1: Oh my, most of the media will get that the fuck is wrong with you? Is wrong? Dude. I think that was a child right next to him. That little girl is gonna go, mommy, what's whole milk? Exactly? What was that whole milk shit about? Hey, mommy, what was that whole What was the president talking about? They made a reference to whole milk, not whole.
Speaker 2: Because we're from a dairy farm, and I know that means all the fat, right, just what comes out of the cow.
Speaker 1: But would whole milk be, Mommy, like, what kind of hole would a would milk come out of? Like I don't know, is your asshole? I don't know what he meant. So this is all part of people are wondering where the fuck this is coming from, because it's not like it's just changing school cafeteria back to whole milk. Fine, but they're like making it this huge thing. They think that what might have happened is that RFK JR RFK junor is obsessed with raw milk, right right. I thought, if anything would be that. So they were gonna try and do that, and then probably, like the theory goes, they were going to try and do that and then had to pivot at the last minute for legal reasons, and they were like, but we already have the posters. Unfortunately, we learned at the last minute that raw milk can kill you. So we're gonna we're gonna just go with whole milk. Oh my god, that's that's a theory because like otherwise it doesn't really make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I mean it's it's so it's such a marginal thing. And also like I don't know, like was the thing before with Obama was like whole milk, there's too much fat, too much fat.
Speaker 1: There is like some get debate in the scientific community over whether or not whole milk actually contributes to childhood obesity because both whole milk and lower fat options contained the same amount of essential nutrients like protein, calcium, potassium, and vitamin D. So like, why would you have people drink whole milk? Did you hear them? Did you hear that vitamin D? Vitamin D is in the vitamin not the other thing that U Sikos are thinking. He nudges the seven year old girl next to him. But yeah, people are like, this is maybe not the problem. I'll just say, this is the thing that has always jumped up to me. Is kind of shocking that the only time the US had a dip in heart disease, Like the US has heart disease as like one of the main killers and has for a long time. The only time that the US had to dip in like heart disease was when the US rationed milk during World War Two, and then like heart disease went down, and then they stopped rationing milk after World War two and it went right back up. And that was at a time when everyone was just like I drank three glasses of whole milk every day with breakfast luncheon day. So is that a correlation? Is cause ash, I think it's just a it's just a thing.
Speaker 2: Does that mean like butter and like everything downstream of milk would also be ration So it's like you're eating less butter, eating less cheese.
Speaker 1: You're yeah, it's it's saturated fat, which has been shown to you know, contribute to heart disease.
Speaker 2: But here's my problem. All that stuff makes the shit taste good so good.
Speaker 1: And also, I mean that's my thing. Also is like I really wish it were I really wish it were true that whole milk was no worse for you than skim milk, because you're eating a bowl of cereal with whole milk or skim milk is the difference between like dessert and breakfast. It's like a bowl of ice cream. Man, that ship is so good. Wait, what is the fat content? What do you think American whole milk is like the fat content like six seven grams or a percentage? It's three percent, like three and a half. Right, yes, look, let me tell you something. In Japan, we don't we take it higher. Baby. Oh yeah, you know what I grew up drinking.
Speaker 2: When eating with my cereal four point seven wow, and that shit. I'm just telling you, like I do the reverse ron Burgundy. Whenever I go visit my family in Tokyo, I go straight to the convenience store and I buy a thing of milk and I just pound it in the fucking street and I go.
Speaker 1: Milk was a good choice. It was a good choice for me, so fucking decadent. But also my mom was always like, you will you will not live long drinking this all the time. RFK Junior is gonna be reaching out, man, They're they're desperate Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: So so basically you're cutting into You sidestepped the raw milk fiasco but still found a way to probably just help the dairy industry who's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dairy industry was not happy with the Obama thing because low fat milk doesn't taste as good in there for a milk consumption declined when you're not getting the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything was like, no fair, they're not even taste they're not even drinking the best tasting one. That's why it went down, not because of like literacy around our health.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, whole milk is the most profitable product for dairy farmers because it's just like what comes out of the cow. Like they don't have to do too much to it where treated. Yeah, there's no there's a stepping on it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, y'all should be out here sniffing base like the rest of us.
Speaker 1: But so this whole plan of like putting kids back on whole milk was originally planned back in the spring. But RFK himself was like I noticed that a lot of the people who came up with this plan had financial relationships within the past three years with corporate entities that had a direct stake in the outcome of the guidelines, and then they but that just meant they held it back for a little bit. That didn't change anything. My god. Also, and this is gonna Shocky Miles. Obsession with milk purity has a long and well documented history of being directly tied to white the one my favorite white drink is somehow Actually, I feel like I remember, weren't there like always memes of these fuckers drinking milk. Yeah, I feel like the white hour like okay finger thing. Yeah. And I think I've even heard them be like we can digest dairy, you know, like as a breaking point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course we all remember on the battlefield when they're like they're they're making us.
Speaker 1: Drink milk for this, for this battle, we'll win it, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday morning. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Ye. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye, Dailey. Zeitgeist as executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bae Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies.