Speaker 1: But afternoon.
Speaker 2: You know how I feel about talking to you guys on Thursday in regards to the previous game, so far removed, but I will say that I was extremely proud of the coaches and players and how we perform. I thought the coaches did our standing job and our preparation and getting these guys ready to play, and I thought the players did our standing job for us going out and executing. Everything we do starts up front. Our D line is really the focal point of this defense. You can't say enough about you know, fifty four and fifty seven and what they do, the best two.
Speaker 1: In the league.
Speaker 2: But I think there's a position group that gets overlooked quite a bit in the secondary. They're playing phenomenal football, and I want to make sure that I recognize those guys with the performers that they have played with the last several weeks. You know, I think Mooney is doing our standing job, uh, you know, trying to mirror and follow the top receiver. Demo is being able to kick inside and play nickel because of the UH play that we're getting out of Ambry and UH stepping in and performing at a high level. So UH, kudos of those guys that on the back end you talk about give the leader back there along with Jaire who had stepped up since Huff has been out. Uh, those guys are playing well and it's gonna be a difficult task uh this week. Uh A lot of respect for Pete Carroll and uh that coaching staff. Thanksgiving Day game has nothing to do with our our performance and how we're gonna play on Sunday. Norder last week, we gotta we gotta go earn this one. Gotta go earn this one. And with that, I'll take your questions.
Speaker 3: And was saying after the game that what the d line did was show counter to its DNA, you know, being so patient and kind of uh deliberate.
Speaker 1: W was that typicult in the week of practice to kind of get them to be other than what they're there used to be. Uh.
Speaker 2: It it's always hard to try to to really deter from your identity, you know, but it's all about you know, the element that particular week, Uh, the situation and what's best for for the defense. And UH kudos to those guys, uh Casseric and uh Tap up front for you know, uh number one implementing the game plan and those guys going out executing. It wasn't about uh trying to get stats this particular game. It was about making sure that we maintain our rush lanes and did rush past the quarterback, not giving them an opportunity to be a to step up inside in the A and B gaps.
Speaker 3: It's just like how you go about coaching that or implementing that type of a game plan that is so kind of drastically different.
Speaker 1: During the course of play.
Speaker 2: Uh it's just you know, discipline, you know, and constant uh repetition of what you want. And uh I again, I just thought the guys did a great job trying to execute and you know not you know, being very unselfish and in doing their job this past weekend.
Speaker 1: So uh I was excited to see that.
Speaker 2: And once again, you know, I know a lot of times everything is is predicated off production and sacks and those kind of things.
Speaker 1: But they executed the game plan. It was great.
Speaker 3: Where, however, is it to find a group that is so insultish like that?
Speaker 2: Uh I, this this whole group, this whole defense is that way.
Speaker 1: You know, you can see even at the end of the game when.
Speaker 2: Killa got his uh sack, KD Uh, everybody on the sideline was so excited. You even saw Deebo, you saw Trent, you saw uh Juice. Everybody was so excited for him. And uh that's just how this team is, you know, uh, very unselfish players. When is there's something you've been doing differently that's really just taking his.
Speaker 3: Game to another level.
Speaker 2: I don't wanna say so much different, you know. Besides yeah, definitely going with the uh number one receiver. I think his level of confidence is there. I think you know, uh, he's playing with great technique uh odds in the right spot, bless you. And I think he's just you know, really locked in and focused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You'm a shame that since the by Jon kin Law has gotten a little bit better and better, you're there watching them early in practice. What what exactly is is kin Law doing uh over his last month that is is noticeable?
Speaker 2: Well, I can I can really go back even beyond that. And and and I know you guys heard me talk about kin loll back in the spring when we're talking about guys who I think are gonna have a great year.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think the number one thing with him is he's healthy, you know, like he's been in the past.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then there's one word uh that you're alluding to, which is he's playing consistent. You know, he's really been consistent in these last couple of weeks. I love the way he's playing with low pad level.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Really, as we talk about all the time, trying to create a new line of scrimmage, playing on their side of the ball. Everything we do is about penetration, and you can see that with him sack uh hurts help.
Speaker 3: The ball for a long time, and you guys had held up on the back end tremendous coverage. How did you get from Cincinnati where it seemed like everybody was open to where your guys are at now and coverage kinds of things that you work on to get from there to hear.
Speaker 2: I think everything is is different, you know. Uh maybe based off the call U. We always have a certain term and terminology as we call plaster when the quarterback starts to scramble and get outside the pocket. And that's been a point of the emphasis last couple of weeks, particularly with Jalen uh Hurts Uh with his ability to you know, extend plays the same thing with you know, so uh, we got to do a great job in coverage and then when he's ready to try to, you know, start winning with his legs, we gotta do a great job on the back end for his plastering and staying with receivers. And that's what you saw this past week. Logan, Ryan had your defense a lot of experience, you know, uh, two super Bowls and you know, a wealth of knowledge where he can communicate and talk to these young guys, particularly on the back end. And then also just understanding he's coming into a culture that he's probably used to.
Speaker 1: You know, these guys know how to work.
Speaker 2: They go about their business is a different way, uh, each and every day. So uh, I think with him coming in, it's gonna be a smooth and easy transition.
Speaker 1: For him as a full time starter.
Speaker 2: I like the word confidence. Uh, He's very confident. I love heights communicating and and talking. He's really taking the initiative to you know, to be that vocal guy back there. Uh. We always say all the time the formation is talking to you, you gotta listen with your eyes.
Speaker 1: It's it's telling you certain things.
Speaker 2: He's communicating and verbalizing that with guys out there, which has allowing him to be able to Uh, play fast and be in position to make plays.
Speaker 1: Khalid Davis.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen a lot of him, but he's obviously a very talented player. What do you like about his game?
Speaker 2: Oh, man, Clid Clill has really you know, the whole time when he wasn't in there, he he kept that mindset of just waiting for his opportunity and for him to seize it the way he did.
Speaker 1: This past week.
Speaker 2: Uh, it was glorifying for for not only him but for everybody.
Speaker 1: Good pad level. Uh, he's very strong. Uh.
Speaker 2: I love the way he comes off the ball, uses his hands well and good. A lot of room movement where he can shed and uh get down the line of scrimmers and chase things down. So uh, he's gonna be getting a lot of a lot of reps here coming up soon.
Speaker 1: One game since you saw him last, but it was who was the Seahawks? Yeah, but it was a really good game obviously. Did was there anything that popped out or jumped off the screen to you just from explosive plays? You know? DK?
Speaker 2: Of course we know at any time he can make those kind of plays. Uh that's what popped off. I know they're running the ball well trying to run it more. That was really Coach Carroll's mindset, uh, and trying to get these guys going, which is gonna open up the play action for him. So I assume Walker's gonna be back. That's my mindset, that's our mindset. So, uh, it's gonna be a difficult task. And like I said before Thanksgiving Day last week, doesn't have anything to do with how we're gonna perform in and win this football game. And that's our mentality. So we're gonna have to go out and earn it. And I know it's gonna be a tough hard about him. Thank you,