Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody. Gang's all here, ready to go. The lovely and talented Fritzie and his Bronco gear after a big win. Congratulations Toddler, Go Broncos. That didn't sound enthusiasmical, Broncos.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Have We got the Jets next in London. We better win that one too.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Seaton's here, Marv, Paul yours truly in the backroom, guys, A lot of things to dissect today. Last night, if you went to bed, you're not alone, Patriot, well you might have been alone. Patriots over the Bills, Surprise, surprise. Drake May looks like he's ready for the spotlight. The Commanders quietly handled the Chargers. I watched a lot of that game, and I kept waiting for the Chargers to be that new and improved Chargers. Give credit to the Commanders and the Buccaneers. You know, don't turn the game off at final two minutes. You know, that's when the Bucks seemed to pull out all of these wins as they beat the Seahawks in a shootout. Colts. I still believe that the Colts are a playoff team. They rolled the Raiders. The Raiders may have a decision to make a quarterback. The Saints gotta win. Have about Spencer Rattler? Yay beat the g Men, the Texans over the Ravens. We'll talk about that game and a little bit. And the Titans won. Yeah, well, no, that's Arizona lost. Titans didn't win. Arizona lost. Baseball Toronto up two to zero. When the Yankees, Tigers and Mariners tighter to game, the piece Brewers up one zero, when the Cubs Dodgers up one o in the Phillies tonight, you have the Dodgers at the Phillies, Cubs at the Brewers, and the Chiefs and the Jaguars. I got the Chiefs favored by three and a half. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock. That's our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so, have a Player of the Day, poll, question, stat of the Day or two all of that coming up. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the program. First Hour brought to you by Maco. Now you can take advantage of a paint sale get your car painted f under five hundred dollars. Get a free estimate today. Oh, better get makeup. Chase Daniel, who breaks down more game film than anybody else in the business. He'll join us. Coming up, Greg McElroy and the ESPN College Football Analyst. We'll look back on some of these surprises over the weekend. Ucla over Penn State that was tops on my list, Miami's for real beat Florida State, and Florida dropping Texas another surprise surprise. So we'll talk to Greg McElroy a little bit later on all Right, Seaton Poll question for hour one is going to be.
Speaker 6: Well, we got to populate this one because, as we usually start off on Mondays, who had the worst weekend? Oh, there's a lot of candidates here, Okay, I mean we could start with, well, Kyler Murray didn't have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Have the worst begin Yeah, but I'm not gonna blame him. I'm gonna oh he did. After the game, he was kind of like stumbling around trying to figure out what exactly happened. I mean, the the odds are incredible when you look at the possibility. Okay, I've got the numbers here Let's see, Arizona gave up a twenty one to three lead and they lost. They've lost three games now, and they did it in such dramatic fashion that so they've lost three straight games on game winning field goals, the first team to do that since the merger in nineteen seventy. They go even further than that. Teams that had by twenty two points or more in the fourth quarter were one two hundred and seventy six to one over the last twenty five seasons to close out a win. So some pretty impressive numbers there for Arizona as they dumbled, bumbled, fumbled their way to giving the Titans a win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Paul, if you're not watching that game and you see the Democado the running back fumble, he's going into the end zone.
Speaker 8: I think it was like a seventy yard run.
Speaker 7: He's going to close out that, you know, put them in a lead that they can't come back up from, and he just lays the ball down to This is a guy who's a bounce around running back. He's kind of a backup who's having a nice year. He's got four career touchdowns, he doesn't have forty, and he just lays it down. I mean, what does a coach do in a situation like that in game and after the game?
Speaker 2: Oh, after the game, I think gets a long talk and then you know, you start to figure out if you're going to have playing time reduced. I mean, you do need him. He did have a seventy five yard run. He has the ability. But whatever happened to when Emmett Smith would score a touchdown, he'd take the football and take it over to the sidelines and give it to the trainer and he would write down, you know, this touchdown came on this day, and that would be it. He would keep all of his footballs. I don't know what's going on now where you just get to the front door and it's like you're dropping off a newspaper and then you're gonna leave. But that was embarrassing. They also had an interception that turned into a touchdown with Tyler Lockett. I mean, you want to talk about a way to lose a game that is up there in NFL history. Congratulations you did at Arizona and the Titans got a victory. The Jets are winless. You know, I keep waiting for culture. We're big on culture. You know, we talk about culture and guys, you know, Aaron Glenn's gonna come over, and he was with the Lions. He knows about culture. But after the loss to the Cowboys, he was asked this question.
Speaker 8: Five straight games without a takeaway. That's historic, has never been done before.
Speaker 3: That's that's true.
Speaker 9: And well, I don't know if it's true or not, but I just know this that we haven't taken the ball away. And that's one thing you guys are gonna hear me say, is not giveaways. It's not turnovers.
Speaker 8: You have to take the ball away. That's what you do.
Speaker 9: As a defense. There has to be the mentality of defense that we have to go and get it because no one's going to give it to us. And we have to be intentional about that too. So we emphasize it, we attack it, we go through it. But man, you just have to show up. We got to keep doing it. We can just sit back and say, Okay, we're.
Speaker 4: Not getting them.
Speaker 9: You know, we have to continue to try and emphasize it and hopefully at some point, man, they're going to come in bunch for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe I'm not expecting a big turnaround. Didn't expect it. Jets fans probably aren't expecting it either, but you do want to see positive suns. You want to go, okay, we can build on that. Whenever I see a bad team, I always want to know what are they building on? The coach, the enthusiasm, the quarterback, the defense, whatever it is. I'm waiting to find out exactly what that is for the Jets. Yes, Marvin, but.
Speaker 10: If you're a Jets fan, you're over that because you know what, the Jets have guys everywhere. It's not like they have a bunch of minimum wage guys. They have really good players on every left. They shouldn't be zero five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are they overrated because they play in New York? They're the Jets that you know, maybe the media focuses a little bit more on the New York teams because you're right, Sauce Gardner is supposed to be great, or Quinnon William. I mean, they they're supposed to have guys who are great, Garrett Wilson, like, they're supposed to be. I just I don't know if they are. There are times when you get glimpses where you go, man, that guy's good, and then they disappear. But you know this is It's been a really interesting NFL season so far. Statistically, do you realize that there have been fourteen games where somebody has scored forty or more points. That's the most through the first five games of any season since nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 11: Who now stall of a day, Stanaday Statuta Day, Stantata Day.
Speaker 2: This is the stud of the Neame brought to you by a Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. I'm not sure what the number means, but you have offenses who are piling up some points, but then it feels like you got some teams that are kind of mailing it in that Ravens loss. I mean even with Lamar Jackson, they're not winning that game, but forty four to ten, And then you start to look at the numbers that the Ravens have been giving up forty one, thirty eight, thirty seven, forty four. You're not beating anybody, by the way. North Carolina with Bill Belichick and their losses forty eight, thirty four and thirty eight, they're both giving up an average of forty points per game, the Ravens and North Carolina.
Speaker 4: That's not going to get it done.
Speaker 2: Dan, Thank you, Todd, Thank you Todd. All righty eight seven to seven three DP show operators sitting by Tyler will take your phone calls. Any other poll question, Seaton, Why don't.
Speaker 6: We stick with this one for a minute? Who had the worst weekend you could look at We're gonna jump around from sports here, but James Franklin did not have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: He did not.
Speaker 6: He did not Penn State.
Speaker 2: That is a humiliating defeat. No offense to new Heizel's sun had a really good weekend. He's the new offensive coordinator at UCLA, and they might have stumbled upon something there with Jerry who called a really good game.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, So, Penn State loses to Oregon in overtime last week, that's acceptable. That's a high end loss, as we say, But to be down twenty seven to seven at halftime UCLA with nobody in the building basically, you know, maybe twenty thousand out of seventy thousand seats and they can't close it at the end, They can't finish at the end. The only way this is a good thing is if you're a Penn State fan who does not like your current head coach. A game like this can help you get a new head coach someday, someday soonish.
Speaker 2: This is where I hope you enjoy that Big ten schedule where you get to go all the way out to California to play a game. You know, you look at these teams where they're going cross country and it didn't used to be this way, but that's the way of now. I'm not saying that's why they lost, but you're going out to UCLA and all of a sudden you have a long flight back with a big loss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Paul, and Penn State's got some toughies later this month. They are at Ohio State and host Indiana later this month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Penn State, Texas, North Carolina, Ravens, Eagles, Cardinals, Chargers, Raiders. There's a lot of candidates to put on the poll question today, Seaton. There are there are a lot of candidates, for sure. How about the New York Yankees, good grief giving up a lot of runs there in Toronto, many many runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, Vlad Guerrero hit a grand Slam and it sounded like this, right, He's two to one.
Speaker 4: Swinging a deep drive let field.
Speaker 3: That ball is soaring out of here love land slam, pitch yourself all you want.
Speaker 4: You will not wake up from this dream.
Speaker 7: Right now, the Blue Jays leap nine nothing on a Vladimir Carrero Junior gland slam.
Speaker 2: On the other side of this, this is how the Yankees called vlad Guerrero Junior the Third's grand Slam.
Speaker 12: You want pitt he did did drive left field grand slam?
Speaker 11: Well, they can't get Vladimir Berrero out and that one, as Weethas said, it's not optimal to have to pitch the flatty with.
Speaker 4: The bases loaded.
Speaker 2: That's the Yankees call, and I applaud Dave Simms's call. There's no it might be it could now if the Yankees had done that, then you're gonna dress it up a little bit. You're gonna be like it might be, it could be.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: That was just uh he did it? Yeah, then silence, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 10: I had to shorten that clip because I counted there was silence for twenty one seconds. Oh, they said nothing.
Speaker 2: Grant like that. That's called laying out in the business. Let it breathe, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 4: Can you be a homer? I guess the other way, like Dave Simmons just did.
Speaker 14: It's one thing to get all extra excited when something good happens, but to totally downplay it.
Speaker 4: With something negative against your team. Habit was a grand slam.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but you know, I know you want, I know, I understand that, and everyone's listening and you know you're they're all bummed, But that that just was really like, it's still an exciting moment in the game. I'm not saying be raw rah, but I think you can be a homer in the other direction when something negative happened, like Earonmerative's grand slam.
Speaker 8: No, oh no.
Speaker 2: If he's working for a network, I understand that, but he not. I mean he's working for the Yankees.
Speaker 14: I mean not supposed to be really cheering or booing, even if you're the home team call on.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did either. Yeah, that is madness to me.
Speaker 6: I would hate listening to you that the person doing the home caller, like your team's call, is supposed to be right there with you. They should in my opinion anyway, Like, I don't want to be like, hey, sucks for our team, but that was a hell of a shot. You gotta give it to him. That was a hell of a cut. Good job by you, but not great for the A hell no, dude, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 2: That, Todd when the Broncos lost to the Colts and you came in Paldie face. How would you like it if the Broncos play by play guy was like, oh, it's unbelievable that leverage call.
Speaker 4: I would expect the announcer to be very bummed about it.
Speaker 14: But I think there's got to be a little bit of a happy medium as opposed to total excitement of total you.
Speaker 2: Are the Homer of Homer's Marvin played again. Here's Dave Simms on the Yankees call with Vlad Grew.
Speaker 12: Do you want Pitt?
Speaker 1: He did, he'd.
Speaker 4: Drive the Grand Slam, So what do you want him to do? Tell a Grand Slam home run at a playoff game.
Speaker 14: It's it's a big moment, I know what to get to your team.
Speaker 4: It certainly shouldn't not positive, but we're not.
Speaker 2: Going to have a left lane situation with this.
Speaker 4: I think there's a gray air. It's not that black and white to me. If you're you know, it's in the broadcast both.
Speaker 14: Grand Slam Blue Jays, and it's not looking good for the Yankees.
Speaker 4: I'm just jumping a little more upbeat, but not the glad.
Speaker 2: I am shocked. I'm shocked that you don't understand the hometown announcers job. I'm shocked. I am. I'm more shocked at this than you in the left lane the passing.
Speaker 4: Wow, let's say something.
Speaker 2: I I am. I'm more shocked at this that you want you want him to be up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know if is the word, but you're still calling the action. It's a grand slam of the playoff game, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 10: But Dave Simms is a representative of the fans in a way. Do you think if you're a Yankee fan, oh man, it was a heck of a call. He feels just like everybody else feels, that's rooting for the Yankee.
Speaker 14: Maybe I feel the play by play person supposed to call it as you see it, and the analyst is the one that goes like that sucks on.
Speaker 2: A network, Maybe, yes, PAULI.
Speaker 7: I think Dave Simms' job is to call it objectively, but his tone has to match the broadcast that he's doing, which is the Yankee broadcast. So he didn't go oh man, they jobbed us he didn't do one of those where he slanted. He just gave the tone of the fan.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll settle on a poll question phone calls, best and words to the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like, Plenty of choices. Tyler will take your phone calls. Eight seven to seven three DP. Show just getting started on this Monday. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 15: He's Mike Carmen, I'm Dan Bayern. We have a brand new fantasy football podcast called I Want Your Flex. Twice a week, every Tuesday and Friday, we come up with new episodes to not only look back at what happened, what you need to do at that minute, and also look ahead of what's coming up in the fantasy football world.
Speaker 1: That's right, Dan.
Speaker 16: Every week we're gonna scour the waiver wire to find the pickups to turbot boost your fantasy lineup six starts, fantasy football players rankings to get you ready to dominate the competition.
Speaker 15: Listen to I Want Your Flex with Mike Carmon and me Dan Beyer on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts and wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Fritzy was disappointed in Dave Simms, the Yankee radio announcer.
Speaker 14: And I love Dave Simms, by the way, Todd.
Speaker 2: Him, I'm sorry. Ye, So Dave Simms had the call. It was a grand slam call. We're in the playoffs and Vlad Guerrero hit a grand slam, and Dave Simms wasn't excited. He, I guess lacked professionalism, and Todd said that he thinks that a local, you know, radio play by play or TV play by play guy should be excited or at least have maintain his professionalism. Was that fair assessment here, Tom.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't go so far as to say unprofessional.
Speaker 14: I just thought there's a little bit more like it's a grand slam in a playoff game, even though it's against your team, that it just seemed a little too demure and depressing for the play by play person. And then the analyst maybe could be the one that says this game's over, this is horrible, or whatever an analyst mean, as.
Speaker 7: Paul, just to get perspective, the Yankees were already down five zero, so it wasn't just out of nowhere that his tone was defeatist.
Speaker 8: It was like, oh boy, here we go. Now it's nine zero.
Speaker 2: By the way, Todd searching through social media did find somebody who agreed with him. Chuck Kelly says, so you guys have never done a minute of play by play? Well, actually I have, Chuck, but not saying I did it. Well, Fritzi is one hundred percent correct. The professionalism overrides the HOMERSM. You shouldn't be disgusted describing a huge play like that. Yeah, yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, it's it's that's your play by play guy. If it was somebody who was you know, Irony Eagles doing the game or Kevin Harlan, then they're probably going to be excited. But here's Dave Simms with the call and apparently wasn't excited enough for Todd.
Speaker 12: Do you want pitch? He did? Did drive left field Grant soon.
Speaker 11: Well, they can't get Latimer Berrero out and that one, as Weetha said, it's not optimal to have to pish a flatty with the bases loaded.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Susan Waldman there the analyst there with Dave Simms.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Pauling, do you guys subscribe to the thing where if you your baseball team loses in the playoffs by like ten runs, thirteen runs, well it's only one game because no matter how many runs you score, it's just it's one game loss. Where it's not a big deal, like momentum doesn't carry over.
Speaker 2: No momentum is you know, the next day starting pitching. I've you know, go back to the Yankees Red Sox in the famous Alcs. The Yankees were blowing teams out. Go back to the Yankees and the Pirates in nineteen sixty. They won every game in that seven game series. They won three games. I think all three were by double digit runs. Pirates end up winning. I think all of their wins were by one run, and then Bill Mazeroski hit the walk off home run. You can build up all of those runs. The only problem I see sometimes is when your pitching staff gets roughed up and you use a lot of pitchers, then that can affect the entire series. But if you score fifteen and we lose by ten, okay, and then and a lot of times you'll see that where you go, man, they crush them and then all of a sudden that next game the other team turns it around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Chuck Kelly, by the way, play by play man. I was just looking at his bio and I don't know if these are the teams that he currently works for, or these are the teams that he's a fan of. But it's the Bruins, Braves, Cowboys, Sooners. That is a crazy collection of teams.
Speaker 2: Does he do the play by play or he's just a fan of that, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It says he's based in Texas, so I'm assuming he's just a fan of those teams. But Bruins, Braves, Cowboys, Sooners, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Todd since he's friends with Chuck Kelly. Now you can reach out and ask Chuck if he does play by play? That might explain.
Speaker 6: As a guy who never likes to hear homers. It's like, you're never in a situation if you're living in Texas and those are your teams. You've never heard somebody call your side of a game before. Of course, you want professionalism. Everybody that you're watching at TV is against you.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think I know, Chuck Kelly. If it's the same person. Seaton's referencing. He did reporting stringer work for ESPN Radio back when I was working in the ESPN Radio.
Speaker 8: I used to have to book him sometimes. Check was a stringer.
Speaker 2: I remember the stringer days. Yes, esp But did Chuck call play by play since he called us out?
Speaker 7: He did like in game reporting when I was at It's not exactly.
Speaker 2: And he's got to be unbiased if he's calling in.
Speaker 6: Are we booking Chuck Kelly right now discussed the art of play by play?
Speaker 8: This is my Chuck Kelly. He is a professional.
Speaker 4: We're having dinner Wednesday night.
Speaker 6: Means Ruins, Braves, Cowboys, Sooner's good grief.
Speaker 2: Everybody that everyone that you live around, except for Cowboys fans. What's coming off? Shuck, Chuck, Oklahoma, crap, Chuck. This is Texas, all right? Let me get some phone calls in here.
Speaker 8: This is a random show.
Speaker 2: This is not how I thought we were starting off today. Just welcome to Monday. Yep uh Chris and Syracuse leads. Just off, Hi, Chris, best and more to the weekend.
Speaker 17: Hey, thanks as always, Dan, Hey my best cam Ward. That one play he threw an interception and on that same play that turned into a touchdown for the Titans. I don't know how many times that's happened, and my worst in Miami Dolphins. I don't know if they need to tear it down to the studs, but definitely maybe some changes in the front office, coaching staff and personnel, and who knows, maybe even too well.
Speaker 2: Go back to when remember you were going to have Tom Brady as your quarterback in Miami. Remember they were meeting with the owner and you know, all of a sudden there was going to be a big change there in Miami. That was you know, with the Brian Flores situation and man, yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 7: The Carolina Panthers ran for two hundred and thirty nine yards seven and a half yards of carry on the Dolphins.
Speaker 8: Yeah that is brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's tough. You know, you can get beat by fluke plays or maybe a turnover, but when they just run all over you, that says a lot about the team character. You certainly saw that the Jets are winless. You know, there's like the Bengals are two and three, but they feel like they're zero and five. I'm watching the Lions game and I'm thinking they should still be competitive, but they're not.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted the Lions are really good, but they're just certain teams. We're five weeks in, Like this isn't supposed to be happening to some of these teams.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Pauling and that Lions Bengals score of thirty seven to twenty four, that's a fake because they scored twenty one points when the Lions were already showering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Lions were off the field. Yes, Gus in La Hi, Gus, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Good more than mister Patrick, hope you and the boys had a great weekend. I mean one a weekend, right, what a weekend from top to bottom, all across the slate. I'll die in the best of the weekend. I was a nervous Rex Saturday watching my Dodgers going to the bank hostile territory. Watch didn't show Hey strike out on three consecutive swings to start the game. I was like, oh, dear God, what is about to happen? And then Hey, you know, yeah, they dropped three runs on those quickly, But then show Hey just turns into magic from there on out. The Boys get the runs and we steal game one. Tonight. I don't know what to expect, but hey, at least we got game one on the road. You know, there was a myriad of things that could have had as my worst of the weekend. Anybody related to the Penn State and Eagles, you know, family or a certain situation that happened in Indianapolis won't mention what. But to me, the worst of the weekend was listening to Deon Sanders address the media as to why he was coaching with one shoe on and it is He revealed that his blood cloths are back again in his leg and foot and that he doesn't know what this means. But for him to just flat out a midt, I don't know what's going on. I don't know what to expect. My foots and a lot of pain. The swelling was so bad. I had to take up my shoe and coach the rest of the game with one shoe on. Hope everything's all right with prime time. You boys have a great week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was disheartening to hear Dion and you know, I had a shoe off and people are like, why does he have a shoe off? And you know he was in a lot of pain on the sidelines. There and you know, given what he's gone through, you know, with bladder cancer, then his foot, didn't know if they were going to take off toes or you know, like he's gone through an awful lot to try to be there on the sidelines, and then to hear him after the game just sounded really down and defeated, which I can certainly understand. Gus brought up without bringing up Mark Sanchez, who's a friend and fan of the show, he was involved in an altercation in Indianapolis. I don't know anything more than what has been reported, and even if I did, I wouldn't you know, say it until I had confirmation on anything what role he played. But there was a sixty nine year old man involved, you know, you know, an altercation with Mark. Mark got stabbed a couple of times. Mark's the one who is charged and going to jail. Released from the hospital, but wasn't able to complete his job, and Brady Quinn had to go to Indianapolis to do the Colts game. But uh, you know, when Mark gets out and if he's you know, still employed by Fox and still wants to come on the show, great, Uh, but you know there was another if there was a victim in this, and that shouldn't be lost because initially it was you know, Mark got robbed or Mark got jumped, and there were a lot of people who jumped the gun on this, which is sad, but that's the way of life in this business. Nick and Corona. Hi Nick, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Hey Dan?
Speaker 3: Good morning. Good to be on with you.
Speaker 18: Fritsy, say it with me? Who are we Broncos? We win? How do we do it? Go for a two point conversion? Like we got some of this D's nuts man.
Speaker 19: That was fun to watch and.
Speaker 18: My best being a Broncos fan, it's always fun watching.
Speaker 3: The Chargers lose at home or lose in general.
Speaker 18: Thanks guys, Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nick, Thank you. Yeah, I'm watching the Eagles and you want to talk about an over compensation where we're gonna throw the ball a lot, and I kept thinking, why are you throwing the ball? Denver's got a really good pass rush. They got the defensive player of the Year is one of their dbat Like, run the football, that's what you do. Now, I'm waiting for Saquon Barkley to be upset that he doesn't get his touches after the wide receivers did that was It just felt like Nick Sirianni's gonna go, all right, we're gonna keep everybody happy. We're gonna throw the ball. I go, this isn't what you do. How many times has Jalen Hurts thrown thirty eight times in his career?
Speaker 7: I looked it up twenty times, so it's happened before. But their record when he throws more than thirty passes a game is worse than when he throws under Obviously, you run the ball more. Do you think that was overt what's the word planned? Because you go, you're up ten, three and a half and you still don't run the ball. And all the big guys got targets DeVonta Smith, Deante Smith, ten, AJ Brown eight got it nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I just I'm watching. I'm I kept thinking, what are you guys doing? They were allowing Denver to hang in there, and I just thought I'd be surprised that they weren't running the ball. You know, maybe you throw the ball twenty five times, but when I think of the Eagles, I think it's kind of evenly distributed. But that was surprising. Shuffles in Phoenix I shuffles, welcome back.
Speaker 19: Good morning stuff. I want to have to recant. I thought Kyler Murray would be going to.
Speaker 3: The Pro Bowl.
Speaker 19: I don't think Kyler Murray's going to the Pro Bowl. I don't think the Cardinals are going to be in the playoffs. I'm a little sad, but it's kind of expected. Happy, a little quicker than I thought. Maybe I'm giving up too early. But on another note, I was calling about Fritz Prits potato chips, and I wonder where is it David Kelly or Chuck Kelly, Chuck kry Kelly. I guess Chuck Kelly. I wonder what lane Chuck Kelly drives in on the freeway. That would be my question. I would want to plase. I wonder what lane I'm going to guess at the HRV Raye and he doesn't pull over?
Speaker 18: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you? Shuffles. Yes, I don't want to slander Chuck Kelly any more than we already have. But he strikes me as he might be a left lane Oh no, yeah, yeah, he's a left laner.
Speaker 8: I thought it was moderate criticism. He's probably a middle lane guy.
Speaker 2: James and Virginia Hi James.
Speaker 18: Oh, thank were taking my call. Brother, Happy Monday, DP Dan, that's man, salute the command. There's big time all the time, every time. Man. I called you guys last week and told you how hard it was to win in college football and Penn, Stayton and Texas showed you why those are playoff ending losses right there hanging by a thread. My cup time VP Man, Now you won't believe it. Daniel Jones man over twelve hundred yards passing, six setsdown, two interceptions, four and one team record. This guy can be the MVP of the league. That is just amazing. If you're a Giant fan, I know if you're like, what is going on? And then lasting man Jaden five is alive.
Speaker 20: Wow.
Speaker 18: He changes games for Washington, not just offensively, defensively, keeps the team on the field. Hips those guys up. Man makes them believe. And if I told you about Bill Man paul in week two and said Bill Krossy Merrick can be V Rookie of the year and they didn't give him the ball. And last night yesterday they gave him the ball fourteen times, one hundred and eleven yards thirty nine yards receiving. Man, This guy is a game changer. I'm not saying he's Saint Juan, but he can do wonders for Washington. Man, thanks for letting me run. Guys, you have a great day. Salute the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Alrighty James, that was That was You know, the Commanders were the better team. I'm watching and I'm they didn't back down. They took it right to the Chargers. And I kept waiting for the Chargers to do something and they never did. That's a big win, big win for the Commanders.
Speaker 7: Siam Paul Deebo Samuel for Washington eight catches yesterday.
Speaker 8: He's got thirty on the year. He's top ten in receiving.
Speaker 7: A lot of people were jabbing him in the preseason for conditioning and things having a good.
Speaker 8: Year so far.
Speaker 2: Well, I just said that he's always banged up, and I didn't know if you could count on him. By the way, this is one of those stats where you go, huh, Keenan Allen had five resets. He now has one thousand and three. He has played in one hundred and fifty nine games. He is the fastest player in NFL history to get one thousand career receptions. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. He's in the Hall of very good. I don't think he's a Hall of Famer, but that's pretty impressive. You're the fastest to one thousand, and it used to be if you got to one thousand receptions, you were going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Marvin Keenan Allen to me is first team all went healthy. Yes, whenever he's healthy, he is a problem. But that is shocking that he's the fastest to one thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marvin Harrison held the previous record. All Right, we'll take a break. We'll come back. More phone calls. Our play of the day is next. Fox Sorts Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 16: Oh my God, the place of the days play.
Speaker 3: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Wentz on second and five from the Cleveland twelve. He works out of the shop and takes the snap four man rush throws to the right side, cod.
Speaker 13: Touch Jo Innison.
Speaker 4: He's the mind of the match and.
Speaker 2: He gives the Minnesota Vikings a twenty to seventeen lead. That's courtesy of the Vikings Radio Network. See that's a Homer call there. Todd maybe went a little bit above and beyond the call of duty there.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: That's it's your play of the day. Carson wentz through for two thirty six in a win against the Browns in London. Play of the Day brought to you by the folks who've been doing it for forty years. Tire Rack's been helping us find the right tires for how and what and where we drive. Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire rack dot Com The way tire buying should be. Dave in Hartford, Hi, Dave, what's on your mind?
Speaker 20: Hello Dan, thanks for taking my call. Longtime listener, first time caller five ten two thirty five. Uh uh a discrunld Yankee fan. I was listening to you guys talking about Dave Fams, who I think is doing a great job.
Speaker 19: I like the guy.
Speaker 20: I mean, he's replacing a legend at john Sterling and really taking the context with he how he announced that play You have to understand he's the first of all, he's a Yankee announcer. He's not doing a national broadcast, you know. And I think he does a great job of reflecting what.
Speaker 19: Yankee fans be in the moment.
Speaker 20: So, first of all, in that particular moment, you had to kind of listen to the conversation that he and Susan Waldmen were having leading up to that. You know, this game's on life support and we got the most dangerous hitter in the lineup up with the bases loaded, and this can get ugly in a hurry, and then boomed there it is okay, And I feel like, if you really want to get a contact of this, she kind of kind of listened also to the game winning hit in Game two of the Red Sox series. Listen to that call compared to this call, And I think that's what I'm trying to convey, that he does a good job of reflecting what Yankee fans feel.
Speaker 2: And if I can fine with that, thank you, Dave. I'm fine with that. He's the Yankee announcer, he's not doing a national game. He's not supposed to be neutral. Now you can say should have been a little more enthusiastic over a grand slam. I guess, Bud, you're getting blown out. I think if this is, you know, the bottom of the ninth and he hits a grand slam and it's a walk off grand slam, then he might be a little more animated because the game ended that way. But that's your announcer, that's the hometown discount that you want. You want my guy talking to me and I don't feel very good and that's a grand slam. Buddha in San Francisco, Hi Buddha.
Speaker 13: Happy Monday, boys, Let's run pritty was I was shouting out Marvin yesterday, Dan best logo in sports never looked better, while molly wopping the Yankees. Always good to see them go down. And then Dan real quick start of the day before my best and worst every starting QB from twenty fifteen to twenty twenty three at Oklahoma started for an NFL franchise this weekend, that's pretty crazy. Best of the weekend watching Baker Mayfield and Donald just go at it in the Bucks Seahawks game. It was so good and like the bus is winning and making those cream sickle unis look good and give them some street cred awesome game and worse for the weekend. Fritzy justaw understanding the home recall of the Yankees play by play, I mean left flame, Fritzy not.
Speaker 2: Good good thank you Buddha Yeah, back and forth with Baker Mayfield Sam Donald. Baker Mayfield completed eighty eight percent of his pounces. Sam Donald completed eighty three percent of his pausses. That's the first time in NFL history opposing quarterbacks through for at least three twenty five while completing at least eighty percent of their pounces.
Speaker 11: Stanna the J Stanta the Jay.
Speaker 3: We love your.
Speaker 11: Stata Day, Stanta the J Stanta the Jay.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, give us.
Speaker 13: Stand of the day, Stanta the Day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Pandora, thank you, oh, thank you, thank you, Sam Darnold. Baker Mayfield of course weren't good enough for Carolina and had to go elsewhere. And I think Baker Mayfield is probably your leading candidate for MVP. Brian in Minnesota, Hi, Brian, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Hey?
Speaker 5: That was a heck of a game last night on Sunday Night Football. Stweam of Patriots and the Bills. Just wondering if you think that the bills reign in the AFC East is already over. And with that, with Drake may is he already an MVP candidate himself putting the team on his back.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think I would. Let's see how to say this. I pumped the brakes on both of those. I still think the Bills are very good. I think Drake may is really good. I was surprised at the point spread, and even on the gambling podcast, I said, man, the Patriots are a lot better than people think. You know, they got a running game. Yeah, and you got a quarterback who's real. I mean, he's the moment's not too big. You go on the road against Buffalo and Josh Allen and the moment wasn't too big for him. But Baker Mayfield is probably your leading candidate for MVP right now because every one of their games has been decided in the final minute of regulation. So they're the first team in NFL history to have every one of their four wins come in a game winning score in the final minute of regulation. That comes back to coach and quarterback and give Tampa Bay a lot of credit, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 7: The Patriots schedule for the month of October, Saints, Titans, Browns got to pick up some wins and they face the Jets two more times this year. Yeah, it lays out well for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could be a playoff team. Miami's not going to be. The Jets aren't going to be. But yeah, uh, you know Stefan Diggs, he uh played, He played really well a little Uh, I'm coming back to Buffalo. I want you to say my name, and he was impressive. Let's see you want to update the pole results there for the first hour seat. By the way, the Bills the cold front uniform good. Yeah, didn't like it. And by the way, every time Tampa Bay wears those uniforms, everybody acts as if they just saw it for the first time. When they first came out, nobody liked those uniforms and the cream Sickle no one liked them. They made fun of the Buccaneers because they weren't manly colors. Then they got good, and then all of a sudden, it's like, man, look at that. Uh have you seen those uniforms? Though, I know, have you have you seen the Bucks uniforms? Thos throw People acted like it's the first time they've seen him. How good are those though? Huh have you seen those?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have? Yeah, we all see we've seen them.
Speaker 6: I saw them forty five years Yeah, we all see them.
Speaker 1: Have you seen those uniforms?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 2: God, they look good. Have you seen those?
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin, you guys are talking about me because I felt for the been in the tailpipe. I have a hoodie that's a cream school uniform hoodie.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Yeah you seen those? Just a nice Yeah, those are nice.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to Chase Daniel, do the Eagles have an offensive problem? And Greg McElroy on Penn State losing at UCLA Final hours coming up