Speaker 1: All right, get it going right here, right now. This is Eyes up Here, and you're listening to a brand new Eyes up Here and the Creative Control Network. She didn't know by now. My name is Chad and every single week I'm joined here by the Queen of the Tree.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: Don't want an old dudes, Francis Well, I got to hang out with last weekend. We'll get into that momentarily. Not only her, but the MVP of the weekend, the hardcore icon, the Sandman, also get into that. Awesome made my weekend. I'm raving about him. He was so great.
Speaker 2: Why because he was loud and argued with faith so awesome.
Speaker 1: Honestly, the amount of times that I've been around him at conventions, that was my favorite time. But we'll get into it. But how are you doing.
Speaker 3: Today, buddy?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. I'm excited for a nice long, uh Memorial Day weekend because that's when we're filming this. It's not that I work on Monday or anything, you know, but it's nice to just have a Yeah, it's nice that the long weekend, try and relax.
Speaker 1: You are we gonna let the music play. Is this new jaz We're gonna let.
Speaker 2: The music play the whole time.
Speaker 1: I let it die.
Speaker 2: I think I think you should just yeah, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: No, I let it play up.
Speaker 2: He said it at the he said, that's good. Yes, And I'm looking forward. We put the pool up and opened it and it's a little chilly, a little too chilly to go in. But I think next week it's like next Friday. I think its supposed to be like eighty eight degrees, so I think that might be your Yeah, that might be our first pool day. So I'm excited. I love summer. It's my favorite, my favorite season, and I love just panning and hanging out by the pool.
Speaker 1: Very nice. When I was with you last weekend, it was raining. Proverbial cats.
Speaker 2: Let me just sorry. Well now we're talking about next week. Last weekend so much so we we Sam and and I, you know, we're buddies. We ride together when we can, and he comes to my house, he picks me up. We start jaw jacket in the car, you know, laughing our asses off, and it's raining and he's driving, and when you're driving sometimes the meeting in the you know, it cuts off the lanes. He swears that Storyason, why we missed the exit because we couldn't get over to get the exit. First off, he said the exit wasn't there, and I said, are you out of your mind? What did they just closed the exit off or move the exit? Of course the exit's there, and he was like nope, nope, there was no exit and I said, yeah, there's an exit for it because it said take this exit. Then he blamed it on we couldn't get over. We finally got there, Like what time did we get there? Ten after ten or something? We left him plenty. Well, I told him to be at my house by a fifteen, but he didn't get there until like I'm throwing him under the bus totally. He didn't get to my house till the most like twenty of something like that, maybe twenty five of something. But anyway, it was raining and he decides to park the car across the parking lot, which was like a football field away from the front door. He says, i'll walk, I'll drop you off first, and I was like, no, I'll walk with you. I don't want to walk by yourself, you know, and uh he says, I have an umbrella. So I was like great, But then he tells me, well, I have stuff to do when he parks the car, so I'm going to be a while, and I was like, well, let me just go walk so they know we're here. Well, I didn't take the umbrella. I got rained on so badly my hair from the hairsprite. It was crunchy because the water hit it. It was nasty. I was soaking wet. And then he comes walking over ten minutes later with an umbrella and he goes, oh, I had a second umbrella. I can really, I because you could have gave it to me. Jerk. Yeah. So that was that. So we finally got there, and then I don't I mean, what are your honest thoughts about the convention?
Speaker 1: Uh, definitely slower than expected, for sure, first time convention time first, so yes, and talk to the promoter during the week. He also admitted the rooms were garbage. He did not like the rooms and how they were set up, but uh, you know, first time, so you know they were going to be kings that needed to be worked out. For sure. Did not like the separation of talent from one level to the next, very confusing for patrons. But you know, also a clear clear difference in travel from if you're an upstairs person to a downstairs person, you might just leave right out the front door without seeing where the rest of the people are.
Speaker 2: The traffic when they came in the door, you had people that were in the aisleway. But then you had the hidden forbidden room, which we were, but no one knew and there were no there was no speaker, so they couldn't make announcements. People had told me, I didn't know where you were.
Speaker 1: The ECW room is webble dubbs.
Speaker 2: Literally, I did not know where you were. And I was like, could you have asked somebody? Like, honestly, I think I had to. I should have stood. I should have been a wacky noodle like they have it the car car washes come on in like we we should have had somebody outside telling people there are people in this room right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I you know, and I was thinking about it afterwards. You know, there was a door right when you came in through the double doors. There was a door like behind where the ticket lady was. Why didn't they just let people walk through that door.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Well, no one knew we were in that room.
Speaker 1: You know, like if you if you look through the door you see Jason Knight sitting right there, like, hey, it was frustrating.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I was right there, Jason, Jason Knight was the championship belt sitting right I know it.
Speaker 2: I know, I was very, very frustrated that day. It was, uh, it was an experience, I'll say that. It just I appreciate him having us there, you know, but it was just not run properly.
Speaker 1: No, it was so I mean, but that's not where it started. I mean then then when the frustration started to settle in, that's when the Sandman really he went into uh yeah, he went into rare territory there. He he started to just like kind of go into his own world.
Speaker 3: And he was hot for for again, it was he was hot.
Speaker 2: He took it upon himself to go wander and see, I'm afraid to do that because I'm afraid I'm not gonna find my way back, especially in the Hitden Forbidden room. I didn't even know where the hell I was. He went upstairs and was walking around, and uh, you know, people were seeing him walking around. That's what I should have did. I should have made myself seen, you know. But he he he was pissed off, like he said, man, this was this was the ships. It should have been run so much better.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know, he went upstairs and uh, you know, gave him a couple of minutes. I went up to look for him. I went to go find him. I saw the promoter in the stairwell and I said, hey, I go, you got to move us. I was like, we're in a horrible spot. I go, can we go right there? And it was in the stairwell there was this little space. He goes, now a fire code. We can't put you there. I go, well, where I go? This room is terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that Hack was right behind him. So when I stopped, Hack goes, yo, that room sucks. There's no that's the fucking place for us to go to. People don't know where down there. And I had the promoter froze and was like, I'm going the best dyke gun.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't know. I'm going the best dyke gun then, you know, and then Hack was like he's got duck clips.
Speaker 2: That guy he's the yelps oh Jesus to me, if like you're gonna run something, you should go through the building. And scope it out and see what the setup is, because usually they'll have the tables lined up. People's names are on the tables where you're supposed to sit. He didn't do this.
Speaker 1: I see. I don't know if he thought I didn't. We didn't talk about that when I talked to him the other day, you know, we just exchanged our pleasantries. He thanked me for traveling, you know, up from Virginia, and I appreciated that, and you know, nice, nice ride, and he uh, I don't know if he thought that everybody was gonna be downstairs, like in the hallway, maybe in towards the like ice hockey area or something. There was also something like weird, like did you see off to the right when you came in, there was like a lounge area like leather. Yeah, there was a lounge area like leather chairs and like a bar down there. So I don't know if you thought maybe it was gonna be downstairs, but upstairs it was honestly, you want to talk, fire code is packed in like sardines up there. You couldn't move you like this, So that's where like, yeah, there was a lot of people up there, but fan experience, you were like oh oh, there's ta talka.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's very you know. I while I appreciate him having us, I don't want to sound like, you know, ungrateful. I was happy to come and be a part of it. But it's just very frustrating for talent when the you know, the venue is set up in a way that you're not seen. Yeah, and it's it's you can't do anything about it, you know, And and nobody, no one listens to you. There's no PA system, they can't make announcements. Oh so and so's in this room. You know. Not everybody has social media. So maybe they didn't see, you know, because I tried to say, well, we're in the room behind ends yeah, Flip Gordon.
Speaker 1: Who didn't I mean I didn't even see certain guys. I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: It is not a knock on anybody or or their business or whatever. There were certain guys that I didn't see any activity throughout the day. I know, I was, I was. You guys, we were busy for for that being a tough room. You guys were relatively busy the entire time we were there. For what it was. There were guys that I looked around and I was like, I didn't see a single soul walk through their area, and I was like, man, that is that is a travesty that they took their time and Flip Gordon Flip Wilson.
Speaker 4: Flip Gordon Wilson, the old comedian is an international superstar current you know, and the Bullet Club I didn't really see, and I saw him streaming on Instagram and doing I didn't every.
Speaker 1: Time I turned around, he was sitting on his phone. I didn't even see people go because they were all going upstairs. And that that was one thing I thought was was very poorly run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was very nice. This was the first time I met him, by the way, and he was extremely nice to me, So I like him a lot. But yeah, it's just very frustrating and I was disappointed, you know, Like you said, I did well for what it was, but gosh, you know, you want everybody to do well, and you want the promoter to do well. So he runs another one, and hopefully he learned from his mistakes, and if he does run again, he's he should pick a better venue because that one that's not a convention venue, that is.
Speaker 1: No or be on the ice hockey rink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I've done the one ice hockey and you can sit up tables going all the way around. Ye, I mean that would have been a lot that are plenty of room. Who'd been a little chilly, but who cares if you're making some you don't care.
Speaker 1: Especially for the ladies for a little chili. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it just it could have been a lot better. But you live and you learn, so hopefully he learned.
Speaker 3: And but hack was just oh, it was so great.
Speaker 2: He's either like and I love him, you know, he's one of my dearest friends, right, But he is either super charming or he will rip your face off mode like he did with the with the guy with the forty two chairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that was great. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: And the guy was legit scared and he's like, I think I'm gonna go over here now. It's like you're taking too long. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh it was you know, I think finally, after all these years, you know, I mean I've done shows with him at convention since like twenty sixteen, I think finally, I think he finally likes me.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know your name, I know he doesn't, and I don't, he.
Speaker 2: Said, you know what, I'll call him. I'll call him Virginia.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I can't because I can't remember his name and I don't remember where I met him before.
Speaker 1: I don't care. But he likes I feel like he likes me.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I well, I'll have to remind me to tell you something off off.
Speaker 1: He did not like my driving tips though I know that, but that's that's besides the point.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: We I feel like I made him laugh a couple of times, and that's all I he He cracked me up so much during the day. And then when we got back to where I was staying, my daughter was in the garage and he pulled into the driveway at one hundred miles an hour and he screams out the window, YO, put the coffee on, we're coming in. My favorite line of the weekend it was I love that. I love seeing you guys. It was great. We actually got to talk more, I think than we had at any other show I've scene. But that was not because of the crowd, but we just were doing a lot of business. Still did not get our picture though, together. I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't I can't suggest it. That's you.
Speaker 1: I know, I forgot. I was taking pictures with.
Speaker 2: Everybody promoter and who I didn't know was the promoter because you didn't introduce me to him. And I made a face because I was holding all my stuff and You're like, can you take a picture with this guy? And I was like, And then when I realized it was I shook his hand and I was like, thanks for having us here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought, I said, Richie. I thought I said Richie the promoter. I thought, No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: If you did, I didn't hear you say that. But I had like a bunch of stuff in my hand. I had my jacket on when I was ready to walk out the door.
Speaker 1: I like that jacket.
Speaker 3: By the way, that was a jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a cute jacket.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: But overall, I mean, you know, just getting the opportunity to work is great. I enjoy conventions, you know, it's my favorite thing to do to make a buck. But just look into them and run them correctly, so the talent's happy and everybody makes a dime.
Speaker 3: You know, that's right, It's just my two cents.
Speaker 1: Home The homecoming was all good. Speaking of homecomings, not necessarily a homecoming, but it was in the guy's hometown. Guy you know very well was on TV this week in the wrestling world. Yeah, I didn't know this. I saw the tweet point we're doing audio, but I'm pointing, Uh, Saboo making a shocking ae W debut is going to be in the corner of Adam Cole and Roger Strong, I think it is, or just Adam Cole to help against Chris Jericho and the Jericho Appreciation Society. It's pretty big get there for AW Saboo making his Awbut what did you think about your old buddy there popping up on AWTV?
Speaker 2: I loved it. I My husband actually sent it to me because I, you know, I don't watch, but he sent it to me after it happened, and I got so happy watching the clip because I thought Saboo looked phenomenal, he looked great, healthy, he got a great response, and he is booked for Double or Nothing, which is May twenty eighth, this weekend. And you know, I feel like I was hoping, is it this weekend or next weekend? Uh?
Speaker 1: What's the date?
Speaker 2: May twenty eighth?
Speaker 1: What is it today? This weekend?
Speaker 2: That's this weekend, right yep. So I said to myself, I wonder if this is a one off or if he got signed and I will read you the response that Tony Kange, which made me sad. He said, I think it would likely be a one off appearance. He said that during the pre Double or Nothing media call. Uh. He said, a lot of fans were excited to see Saboo. I don't think he's going to be somebody regularly stepping into the ring to compete, but under the right circumstances this goes well, then potentially he could come back and make other guests appearances. I think overall very positively received him coming in and making a surprise appearance, so I think I'd be open to him coming back. But it's not something I see as a regular occurrence either. It was a very special moment to see Sabu. I got a text from my dad this morning saying, Sabou blast from the past because my dad actually took me to see Sabou wrestle when I was thirteen years old, and the match we saw him in for the first time ever was Sabu versus Chris Jericho. It was the only time they ever wrestled, and now they'll be both in the same ring and Saboo will be the special enforcer for the unsanctioned match Adam Cole versus Chris Jericho.
Speaker 3: This weekend.
Speaker 2: So, you know, as I know, he doesn't wrestle on the regular. I was hoping maybe they would sign him to be a character, do something, but you never know. I mean, this could be foot in the door. If it does well and he's over enough and they keep bringing him back, maybe they'll use him more. A guy like Saboo deserves a spot somewhere because he's done so much for the wrestling business. In my opinion, yeah, absolutely, And there's that argument like, oh, he's fifty eight years old, he can't go anymore. Well, okay, because of the way he wrestled, I get it. You know, he's beat up, but that doesn't mean he's he's done in the wrestling business. There are so many other things that he can do, and just seeing him made my heart happy because he deserves it. He deserves the spotlight, he deserves to be seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And you know, well, obviously it's been said that Tony's a huge ECW fan. He mentions that match. Did you get happen? To see what Bully Ray had to say about the OPI I did not. Bully had a different take. Bully said that he thought it was a surprise for the sake of a surprise, and when it comes to surprises, AW does it so much that he thinks it's lost a little luster not to say about Saboo that it wasn't cool to see him as a person who said it in this business and started acw Sabou being the top, being a top guy who has become him, who has become friendly with Saboo and has worked with Saboo, YadA, YadA, knowing the difficult times that he's been through in the past couple of years. It was good to see him. So it's great to see him on TV. But AW does this so much that it's a surprise for the sake of a surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but surprises are nice.
Speaker 1: I thought this was a cool one. I thought this one stood out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 2: If you sit there as an AAW fan and you're just saying to yourself, Oh, I wonder who the surprise is going to be tonight, You know what I mean? Like, I don't know how many wrestling fans actually sit there and expect something to happen every week. I get what Bubba's saying because maybe they you know, maybe they do overdo it with bringing people in, But I think it kind of adds that element of like, oh damn, I never expected to see Saboo there, Like that would be the last name I thought they would bring in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, yes, would be too afraid of him.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I mean for me, like, I like to see legends brought in and get a payday and do something and be like put in a positive light. I like that, So I'm not opposed to surprises in bringing you know, legends, old timers, people that aren't currently on the roster. I like that kind of stuff. I think it keeps it new. I think it keeps it fresh because again, you never know what's gonna happen. And that's the way I look at it. I could see where Bubba's coming from too, But it doesn't hurt the product. It doesn't hurt the performers that are already there. I think it kind of enhances it.
Speaker 1: See this is something where you know, you got somebody like a Taz now on the AW roster obviously. Yeah, Jerry Lynn works backstage. Now you got Saboo makes another one off appearance here for them is Tony's love for ECW? Is it too much of a callback or do you feel, being an alum, that this is the best homage that we've got to ECW that there's pretty much been since the closure.
Speaker 2: I don't feel it's it's an homage to E. CW. I feel that there's talent out there that can be used. So if you know, if you're if someone like Saboo who's going to get a cool reaction, who has a history with Chris Jericho or with Taz or something, it makes sense to bring them in, even if it's just for a weekend. He lives in Vegas, he's out there. Yes, it's not even a flight for them, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's not like I doubt if they're dumping twenty thousand dollars into using Saboo, So you can't say it's a waste of money. You know. Again, I don't know what they're paying him. I would assume it's it's a good payday. But I think it's worth the price because he got a great reaction. Now, if he would have came out and people would have just sat on their hands and not reacted and you heard cricket, then it's like you have to think, Okay, we made a mistake. But is Tony Khan going down the ECW roster and saying, oh, this one's available, I'll use him. Maybe we could use him. I don't know. Maybe he is, because you know, everybody knows he's a fanboy. But if he was so adamant and using ECW talent when that company opened, we all would have got a phone call right just like when TNA started back in the day, they were trying to like use a lot of ECW people, not saying they wanted to be the next DCW, but we were available. Now twenty thirty years later, a lot of the guys can't wrestle anymore, you know. So I think Tony has to be very selective on who he brings in for what jobs. And Saboo will never be a full time talent entering worker. He just can't go anymore like that at that capacity. I don't think he can. He might tell me different, and I might put my foot in my mouth just looking physically, I don't think he can. A lot of us can't, you know what I mean. It's like we're older, we're in our fifties now, and the type of wrestling that they did restricts you from a lot of movement. These days, you know, a lot of us are walking around a little slower, taking it a little more easy. If we're doing indies, we're doing uh, you know, tag matches, or we're special enforcers or we're referees now, or we're doing color. It's there's a capacity you could be used in some capacity, but as a permanent entering performer, I get it. I don't think it's gonna happen. So my two cents just so.
Speaker 1: If I could fantasy book the ending of this match, I'd have Hook come out and attack Saboo cost.
Speaker 3: Adam called them, give him a task plex.
Speaker 1: Do the callback. You know how great would that be? Now that's where the ECW connection would be, and that's where the fans would revolt and be so pissed that there was the ECW tag. But that's just me because I am an ECW fan, So that's where I would.
Speaker 2: I'm an ECW fan as well, but I just don't I feel like if Tony Kahan was such a I'm using air quotes with such a mark for ECW, everybody who wasn't signed with WWE at the time would have got positions there, would have got a call somehow they didn't. You know, there's a lot of talents still out here that they're not signed anywhere. That could be an agent or a coach or you know, a manager or color commentary or play by play or something. And there's certain people maybe he just isn't interested in so me being included. And that's fine because I you know, again, I'm not looking to work full time anywhere, right, But there are guys who would jump at the opportunity if given it to them. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, no, we could to see you know, sab we looked great in that suit that was his.
Speaker 2: You know what, being on TV even once or twice helps your bookings. Hey, you were just on AW You're well, would you like to do an autograph signing? Here? He'll get a little rub off it for sure, and that's great. You know, hopefully they'll use them more than this weekend. If they don't. It was a nice double payday for him, and you know, I'm sure it'll help him in the long run.
Speaker 1: And who inspired a next generation of wrestlers more than Saboo in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you phenomenal, phenomenal talent. You go back and you watch his work, you cannot say that. He was so innovative with the just everything that he did. It was just like ballet but wrestling, you know what I mean. Like this, the stuff that he did back then was just unbelievable. And just watching him, I was always in all. I would sit there with like my jaw dropped to the floor, like how did he just pull that move off? Just so creative, so innovative, so awesome, and like he's he's such a good dude, and he I think he deserves to be a millionaire for the contributions that he gave to wrestling, and sadly, you know, none of us are. But if he can get a rub off this man, I hope he rides that wave. I really do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't tell you, you know, for discovering ECW he was the guy that everybody said to watch, you know, whether it was the flips or seeing a guy get mad in the ring for you know, a chair falling down or something moving, and I mean, he just was so different and then the scars and oh my gosh, he just was such an innovator. And then see what has evolved with these aerial maneuvers that people do now. It came from him. And I hope he's getting the respect that we've heard doesn't really always get given out all the time. I hope he's getting it while he's been.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, he deserves it. He deserves to be in the spotlight. So I'm happy for him. I hope it leads to more. But if it doesn't, man, it's a nice opportunity for him to shine. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 1: All right, Francine, we're getting back in here with eyes up here and we're talking about native sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, native sunscreen has been great. You know, we're talking earlier that it's been kind of chilly, and I use so unscreen all year round. I don't just use it in the summertime because you always have to protect your skin from the uv RaaS So I started using it as soon as I got it, and even though the sun's not out anymore, I use it on my face underneath my makeup, and it's been working really well. Also, the pool is going to be coming up, so I'm going to be using a lot of them in the summer. I love the feeling that soaking up the sun this time of year, but with all that time in the sun, I'm always worried about protecting my skin. With Native sunscreen, I can give my skin the protection it needs and soak up some much neat sun as well. Now Native is quickly absorbing it's ultrashere. Hydrating and lightweight sunscreen formula offers broad spectrum of SPF thirty protection from MOVA and UVB rays. All Native sunscreen is made with a twenty percent active zinc oxide formula that is dermatologist tested and suitable for sensitive skin. All Native sunscreen is made with oils derived from plants that seal in skin moisture, and is vegan and cuilty free. You can choose from one of natives three delicious but subtle sense like coconut and pineapple rose or sweet peach in nectar for your face and body, or you can try Native's unscented option. Now, I like the unscented option. I don't like to smell things, especially when I use them on my face, So right now, even though it's not a scent, I am really digging Native's unsensed sunscreen. I apply it every day. I use it on my face. If my upper dec latee area is being exposed, I also put it on there and it protects me because the sun is there. Even though there's clouds, you might get some rays coming through. So I use it winter, spring, summer, and fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But Francine, did you know with all Native sunscreen you get protection from the sun that is free of chemical actives like oxybenzone, octinoxate, and ava benzone, which makes nat of sunscreen compliant with the Hawaii at twelve four, which is passing an effort to protect Hawaii's reefs. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Wow. So give your skin the protection it deserves with Native's minimal sunscreens. Go to native do dot com slash fran scene or use the promo code fran scene at checkout to get twenty percent off your first order. That's Native d eo dot com slash fran scene. Or use promo code fran scene at checkout Native d eo dot com slash fran scene, or use the promo code fran scene and tell them I's up here sentient.
Speaker 1: Moving from AW over to AW. I gotta be honest with you, the whole CM punk drama. Is he coming in? He goes back? I've lost so much interest in it at this point.
Speaker 2: It seems like we've been talking about it for like the last year.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who cares if he's there, if he's not whatever, they need him. I frankly, I think they need him big time. Now. They're splitting up the rosters. They're gonna have a Saturday night show, which I don't think they really need. They've got a Friday night show that nobody's watching, and they've got their Wednesday night flagship show. He's apparently coming back now, so.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be on the road longer. They just added an extra day to that road.
Speaker 1: Trip apparently, as I saw somebody say that it's good for the the guys that the guys and gals that have spouses that are on the WWE roster because now the ones that work on Saturday shift will have the ability to spend their time with their significant other right that are on the WWE roster. But it's like, how complicated is this schedule gonna get you?
Speaker 3: The roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you fly out on a Tuesday, you do the Wednesday show. If you're not booked for Friday, book books for Saturday. Do you go home and then come back on the road or do they keep you on the road because I know, like when I worked for WWE, I we did like two house shows. Then you had to go to Raw and SmackDown, So you had to go Monday and Tuesday. Even if you weren't on the show, you were at both shows. Do they have to be at both shows or do they get to go home and come back.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess in this world, in this environment, they're probably allowed to just go home.
Speaker 2: And but that's another flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a lot of money being spent. Flights are expensive.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know they get to do these independent bookings and do shows and cons and wow, that's a lot. I mean, they were aw guys at the show last weekend. I said, John Silver was walking around and the other guy was with him, the tall guy with the long hair. You know that other dude is I just feel like it's.
Speaker 2: A lot of back and forth. And it went from like Wednesday nights to now they keep expanding which is a good thing because that means that you know, they're they're going to different markets and they're making more revenue. But good lord, you're getting a long schedule. Now, it's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: They've been around for five years?
Speaker 2: Has it been five?
Speaker 1: I thought it was, well, it's going out. The concept came out right like five years, right. WCW's peak started in ninety six. They were closed in two thousand and one. That's the same amount of time virtually. Well, I mean it's incredible, you know what I mean? Like, that's it like. But now like they're splitting up their brands, they just have an exorbitant amount of people on their roster. And now all the cmpunk drama, it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the CM punk thing. So he's supposed to come to the collision on June seventeenth because it's in Chicago. I get it makes perfect sense. Right now, they're letting a steel work from home.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Good for him because part of the deal was Punk wouldn't come back if Ace lost his job. Am I right in?
Speaker 1: I think it was. Yeah, it was something having to do with a steel.
Speaker 2: We needed to keep a steel around and which loyalty I gotta say Punk is a very loyal person. That's like, you know, you won't mean take my buddy over here.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yes he is, because he's at least he's at least he names a steel by name.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, okay, but now are they breaking up the brands?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because of Punk, because it's like, whoever likes Punk can be on this one show, and then if you don't like Punk, you're going to be on the other.
Speaker 1: And also the ones that haven't been on TV. So like Miro hasn't been on TV in like a year and a half, He's going to this Saturday show. And Raday is going to the Saturday show. He hasn't been on TV in ages. So the guys that they had like no creative for are being sent to this Saturday show.
Speaker 2: And is the Saturday show supposed to be inferior to the Friday show? Is it a B show?
Speaker 1: The Friday show show the B show?
Speaker 2: So the A show is Wednesday nights. Wednesday's the big deal. Right, then you have Friday show, which you just said no one watches.
Speaker 1: I don't know the Democratic any wrestling show that's on television.
Speaker 2: I don't think a Saturday show is going to help anything.
Speaker 1: So ratings wise, I don't think it's going to do good, but I think attendance wise, it's going to do really good because I think Saturday night is an awesome night to go out to watch wrestling, right, Wednesday night is a shitty night to go out to watch wrestling.
Speaker 2: Wednesday and Fridays are hard. Like Fridays you have work, normal people, they have a nine to five job or whatever it is. It's kind of hard to get at home and then rush out to an event. But Saturdays, if you have the weekend off perfect.
Speaker 1: I think Saturday you're gonna have a UFC like crowd at some of these shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, money wise, it makes sense, but I'm if you're Friday's show is tanking in the ratings, why would you spend money on it? Like, I don't. I don't get it makes Saturday a house show. They're dumping so much money into another television production.
Speaker 1: In their house show businesses woof bad b A double D.
Speaker 2: Well are they running house shows yet?
Speaker 1: Even they've been doing pilot house show uh uh tests and some markets uh some under a thousand fans.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I'm gonna pull I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna give your ratings.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy that they're I mean, somebody had mentioned like England and how they're selling out that huge wimbley right, and then I was reading comments and they're like, they can't sell in the States. You know, they're not doing well in the States, but they go over to England. And then people were saying, but this is like the first time. If it was consistent, they don't think the numbers would be the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah. May nineteenth rampage two hundred and ninety three thousand viewers.
Speaker 2: Is that is that Wednesday or Friday?
Speaker 1: Friday? Friday, May thirteenth, two hundred and eighty four thousand viewers.
Speaker 2: Wednesday is dynamite, right.
Speaker 1: Wednesday's dynamite. Okay, okay, let me see February seventeenth, two hundred and eighty seven thousand viewers. The peak in this little run six hundred and thirty nine thousand on April fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Where are all the wrestling fans? Where what is WWE drawing for Raw?
Speaker 1: Oh on? Well, Raw's numbers are down. SmackDown is doing really well.
Speaker 3: Smack Day in the millions.
Speaker 1: SmackDown's getting like one point two.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hate to say, well, when we were on top. But in the nineties there were like fifty million people watching, I mean high.
Speaker 1: I mean I would love to see what ECW on Sci Fi's numbers were. They probably you guys are probably getting two point five million.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't know, but still.
Speaker 1: I mean I left.
Speaker 2: I never watched.
Speaker 1: But when they said when when, Even when we talk about you know, those old nineties raws from like ninety three ninety four, the down years they were, they still were getting four or five million watching those shows in the down years.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, man, crazy don't But.
Speaker 1: The wrestling fans spending more money than ever at shows, yeah, right, is sky high, but that could also be inflation. It could be because things cost more.
Speaker 2: Hell reliable is the Nielsen ratings? Well there, I've never been a Nielsen family, like I remember back in the day you were selected to be. They came with the box and they get I've never been a Nielsen family my whole fifty one years on this earth. I never remember being selected to be a Nielsen family. How reliable do you think these ratings are? Because those numbers seem extremely.
Speaker 3: Fixed.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: I don't know now because I'm a little disconnected from it if it's really measured by the traditional Nielsen box anymore.
Speaker 2: Tell who's watching?
Speaker 1: I think because everything's so digitized that they probably can tell from satellite who was watching what.
Speaker 2: They don't seem right, those numbers are too low, you know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of that. It's that it's the reason why when people look at bad things on the internet, they know, you know what I mean, Like if you go on the wrong website, they track it. So I think it's one of those things like they know what you're watching, and that's why they can tell. They can tell when you're when you DVR something you know, and DVR numbers and that's like that's always Meltzer's thing. Well, a W is not doing well on the main TV numbers because this portion of people DVR this and this portion do that.
Speaker 3: Shut up, man, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: How about the AARP numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a hard time with these numbers. I really, I can't understand why they are so low. Yet there's such a buzz out there, and then you you get people like in England who they're selling out whimbley Like, to me, that doesn't make any sense. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you the record rating for ECW on TNN. Okay, now we all know.
Speaker 2: It was the ships though, because we again we had no promotions, no commercials, no, there was no build up to the show. Ever. For the whole year that we were there, they didn't advertise us.
Speaker 1: Your debut on ECW on TN got a one point three cable Nielsen.
Speaker 3: Rating one point three million, one point three million, which.
Speaker 2: Is good for not having, you know, the the station back you up, so to speak, and promote you.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is when the show first began airing. TNN sold ad time for ECW expecting a rating close to two point zero. Please let's see. Yeah, so they were they were selling ads based off two point oh ratings and they moiled it in though. But was it the first show, like it was a taped like like retrospective or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Well, go back and watch it on the YouTube channel. We talked to how Francine great quote, how she felt that that was a part of the doubtfall.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course I did stand by that statement. On hundred Yeah, they were terrible with us, absolutely terrible with it. But on the same token, like they're promoting a w It's not like they're not getting the promotion out of it, you know what I mean. Now, granted, Tony Khan's got a billion more dollars than we ever had. We didn't have any money, you know what I mean. We were just broke. So sad to say that, but we were We didn't have any financial you know, Paul had nothing, and then we were taking from Vince and you guys know that. We don't even go over that again.
Speaker 3: Cohn that had.
Speaker 2: Unlimited pocket space for money. That just is everywhere, And I just those numbers just seem too low to believe, but maybe they are. I don't know. It's it's just a weird it's a weird time. So many people back in the day wrestling, wrestling, wrestling, and now you can't even get a million people in this whole universe to watch your product.
Speaker 3: Something's off crazy.
Speaker 1: But let's just put this c a post off the rest.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see Chicago. He's they're smart to book him in his hometown. He's going to get a huge reaction. Yeah, Now when you're outside of Chicago, when you're in uh, you know, wherever is he going to get the same kind of reaction. Time will tell, but the initial you know, when we see him for the first time, everybody's gonna lose their shit. Absolutely are.
Speaker 1: So nothing else on the WWE front, Hulk Hogan revealed that Shane McMahon had called him to possibly wrestle at WrestleMania this pastor who didn't say maybe a tag match perhaps, but Hogan said he wasn't ready. And Hogan, if he could, would train to wrestle at WrestleMania forty. But the only opponent he wants is Steve Austin.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: But because Hogan said he never got a real retirement.
Speaker 2: Match, well, I mean, you know, Hogan's not like Saboo. He didn't do the death defying move, so I'm pretty sure he could give us a leg drop. He could give us the ear. This is a move, by the way, the gimmick with the ear. That's that's a move.
Speaker 1: That's a move. That's a move.
Speaker 2: I think there'd be people who would like to see Halk Hogan in the ring again.
Speaker 1: Be right there, I'd be right there, would.
Speaker 2: You you know haw Coomaniac.
Speaker 1: If it was yeah, of course, No, Hogan was my guy, absolutely, my guy.
Speaker 2: I'd rather see him sit at his karaoke and just eat behind people who sing in the gestures with their eyes.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, so on the heels of that, and I was, I forgot to mention this the last time we were talking about the karaoke. So he Nick is like really involved with him now in the promotion of the beach Club and all that stuff he's doing. Nick has like taken on the Hogan persona like big time and is doing like old school Hogan promos with his dad on like social media. He's doing a great job. He's doing the whole like he's doing like the flexing.
Speaker 3: Like this, like is in shape.
Speaker 1: He's you know, he's I mean he's a lot smaller than his dad, but you know he's doing the voice and everything. Brother, he's got the mannerisms down, dude. Hi, I got to give him a lot of credit. But they're also so in addition to karaoke, they're also doing like a bikini thing too.
Speaker 2: So a bikini thing.
Speaker 1: Brother has got his ear to the to the bikini what like.
Speaker 2: Getting a bikini contest that the thing. Oh good friend, look man, I'm telling you, if you find your niche ride that wave as long as you can. I don't blame them for doing stuff like that. You know he's got that restaurant karaoke do as much as you can. I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Maybe how about an AI hulk hogan Artificial intelligence hulkogan last match. I've been obsessed with listening to AI versions of songs by other artists.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you seen these?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So these like AI generated voice modulators.
Speaker 3: That can like a computer singing.
Speaker 1: It is that it that could take any artist from history and create their module of their voice singing another song of somebody else. So like take Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John, but it's Paul McCartney, right. Take Bohemian Rhapsody, but it's the Beatles, you know, Take but it's computer generated version, but it's taken their voice and copied it. Thriller but it's Bruno Mars right, put a new spin on the Ten in a Bottle, but it's Britney Spears' it's we I was telling somebody about it the other day. I was like it, it's like you're in an alternate universe where the original artist never did the song, and it's like, because it's so perfectly done, it's not like it's a it's like it's so it's like it never exists. It's so weird that it's like we're doomed as a society.
Speaker 3: We're doomed.
Speaker 1: The computers are gonna take over. AI. Francine coming soon dies up here. You want to take a week off, No, we're gonna have computer Franccene in here, do you It could be ninety six franccene if you.
Speaker 2: Want, uh, your your trash collection. This just made me think of this. We don't have trash men anymore. We have arms that got get the bin. No, this is the last, not even six months for us, I think it is. But there's no like, you know, two dudes would hang on the back of the trash truck and come and don't know they got They fired so many people. And I speaking of the AI thing when I was taking a walk with my kids the other day, I was telling them. I was like, you know a lot of people lost their jobs because now they're using these mechanical arms the trash. And my daughter was like, yeah, pretty soon, there's gonna be no humans working anywhere, and I stopped for a second. I was like, there's certain jobs that I don't think you can replace, you know, with with a robot or whatever, but there are a lot that can be And my god, so many people are gonna be losing their jobs. It's scary. This world is freaking scary.
Speaker 1: Weird. Hey, I listened to a guy who does a whole Gorilla Monsoon talk show podcast thing on YouTube, Gorilla Monson, and it's weird. It sounds like you yes, and what's the what's the like you can put you take there's so much footage of them talking out there that it's generated from the footage that's out there of them talking.
Speaker 2: He's just mimicking like a video.
Speaker 1: You like, I don't know how it's done, Like you put it in a computer program. You type out what they want them to say, please, and it's sound like you know, you could tell it's not the real person. But there's some inflection where it's like, all right, that's weird.
Speaker 2: It sounds too much time on your hands, my friend, you need to it's weird.
Speaker 1: And then there's somewhere you're like, all right, that one sucks, Like all right, Paul McCartney's not sweetish. He's British, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. This world is changing and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. But yeah, if you want to turn it back and have the heel version of you from ninety six on a co host.
Speaker 2: One week, Oh my god, I should do that.
Speaker 1: We can do it. She just has to be nice. She can't be mean.
Speaker 2: I can't be nice. I don't have to kill everybody.
Speaker 1: Then we got to bring on the pitbull version of you from like ninety five years.
Speaker 2: I gotta wear the pleathor again.
Speaker 1: And it's a computer version of you.
Speaker 2: Though, oh oh okay, it's AI version.
Speaker 1: You're you know, It's just it's computer No.
Speaker 2: I mean it would be funny if I came and did it as my character.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be funny as my character. Now that could be Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Halloween. I was thinking of a costume for this year. Really well, yeah, because they announced Disney announced halfway to Halloween they're going to start almost selling tickets for the Not So Scary soon, And I was just like, man, it's so far away, like give us. They don't even give us a chance to like enjoy the summertime you're already in Halloween Horror Nights and Universal is going to start, and I was like, oh gosh, I got to think of a costume to one out my zipper face from last year. That was a good one. Man was the Old Lady.
Speaker 1: That was a good one too. I just saw that one going through the archives.
Speaker 2: That's the best one. That was great. Your face when I revealed myself, was like.
Speaker 1: I actually have to like go through like because it's so freaky.
Speaker 2: I remember we had Shelley on as a guest. She's like, I can't even look at you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's freaky. It's really weird.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm you know, I think I missed my calling. I think I could have been a special artist with makeup. I'm pretty good with that stuff. I missed my calling.
Speaker 1: You could have damn you definitely could have.
Speaker 2: Well if I did that, I wouldn't be here with you.
Speaker 1: So it's very true. We'll be on eyes over there because you could put them. You'd be special effects, so you can put them on all parts of your head or you're on the side of your face. So all right, well let's start wrapping it up. Head on over to the YouTube channel for eyes up here, YouTube dot com, slash, I think at ECW, Diva Franccene not at no at.
Speaker 2: Is a question to you, listeners. We've done some research and most of the people who watch the videos are not subscribed. Why is that? Why will you not subscribe to my channel? Can I tell you? It's free? It takes two seconds, You hit the subscribe and you ring the bell for notifications. It is that simple. So many people are not subscribed, and it irks me. Just subscribe. It helps me out. If you're a fan of mine, subscribe to the channel and that's that. If you want to do one up, become a channel member for five ninety nine. You get additional content, you get cool emojis, and we'll even bring you on the show if you want to get any Yeah, if you want to come on the show, you can come on the show if you're a channel member. So I but the whole subscription thing just throws me for a loop. I don't know, Like, if I like somebody and I like their content, I automatically subscribe to their channel. I would know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so I found fascinating one the other day. Not a channel that I would normally subscribe to, but I was fascinated with the documentary style thing that they did, and I was like, I'm in if this is one that they made, I'm in for the next one. If I don't like it, so be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you, and I can understand if it costs money, but it doesn't. All you have to do is top the subscribe button. So I would appreciate all of you who listen and are not subscribed to please subscribe, because we are on our way to eight thousand subscribers. So I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting there, but new content coming weekly. Members. You guys get extra content from the archive, whether it's watch along, whether it's an interview from the past. We're pulling stuff from the archive. I'm going deep in the archive. I'm pulling out some dynamite stuff. And I pulled out this past week Pitbull Gary Wolf versus Shane Douglas from Hardcore Homecomings November rain event, where it was I think one of the first times you guys were back together side by side. Yeah, and the dog collar match, that yeah, bloody dog collar match. You get to see it if you get if you get in there, you look close enough and it's on the channel for members only. And also I just uploaded last week an interview with Shelley Martinez when one of the couple times that she's been on the show, and we've got a bunch with her. I've got so many cool ones with Shelley that will be uploaded over time that just get on board, join the channel, and anytime we go live, we also film a new piece of content too. So last one we did was previewing the Dark Side of the Ring season that's coming up, and that's the next couple of weeks where that's when that starts. This channel is going to be just scortch it hut.
Speaker 2: I hope, So let's let's make it happen. People help me out.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, that's definitely so all right. Well, if you want to follow me, it's at Chad E and B on Twitter, at ib Exclusives on Instagram. I'm gonna drive you over to the It's Husey Hello YouTube channel and It's Husy Hello on iTunes. I did an appearance on his podcast this past week all about Paul McCartney and a top five list of my favorite Paul McCartney songs. So if you like the Macca, if you like Paul McCartney, you want to check out my favorite songs by Paul McCartney covering everything post Beatles.
Speaker 2: Interesting, did you did you pick jet No?
Speaker 1: Because I knew he would, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: I love that song.
Speaker 1: But and we went almost the whole list without the same songs. We had one crossover.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting and why don't why don't you plug your other YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: And my other one is perfectly rated in still in pre production for episode number three. Everybody who I've tried to get on board is not working out. So still working on episode number three. I just wanted to I don't want to just throw something out there. Yeah, so I'm working on who it's going to be so so pre.
Speaker 3: Production all right.
Speaker 2: If you want to follow me across the board on social media, you can find me at ecw Dvera Francine go on over tots. We got some cool shirts up there. We have an eyes up Here shirt up there. If you are so inclined to support the channel, you can get one of those, or if you like me, there's nine other shirts to choose from and let us know you purchased one. Show us on Twitter, we'll give you a shout out on the next podcast and with that that is a wrap.